Speaker 1: All right, News round up in Information Overload hour. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program, eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to join us. We are expecting and I've been told, and it's been confirmed that Charlie Kirk's widow is the bride that he loved. Erica is going to be giving a statement tonight. We'll have it on Hannity nine Eastern on Fox. I can only imagine, you know, I can't imagine, to be very honest, the pain that she is going through, in the shock that she's going through as she looks at her two beautiful children every day. One of the things that I have been focused on, and I've been very honest in assessing this, and as much as maybe I've become too numb to it, maybe because this has now happened for the last ten years, maybe since the moment that Donald Trump Alania Trump came down that escalator at Trump Tower, is that the left has has used every weapon at their disposal. Who who smear, slander, besmirch, destroy the character, demonize, dehumanize Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Miranda Devine put out a video I mean, the video is shocking. Just listen to the audio of it.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump and the mygr Republicans represented extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republicans.
Speaker 4: Are they a threat to democracy? Yes? Are they going to take our rights away? Yes? Are they going to put people's lives in danger?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are they going to a danger the planet by not using the climate change? Yes? People need to start taking to the streets.
Speaker 5: This is they dictate.
Speaker 2: I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all of the country.
Speaker 4: Maybe they will be. She's a genuine danger American security. They're still going to have to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump. And that's a fact.
Speaker 1: If you if you continue to dehumanize people to the extent the left taz the last ten years. What impact does this have psychologically on the minds or the weak minded or people with mental illness? And does that impact people or cause people or motivate people to commit acts of violence? And in their twisted minds, do they begin to think that they are doing good. I've gone over everything that we have learned about the shooter. We welcome to the program. A good friend of ours, a friend of the program, friend of Hannity the TV show, former congressman. He's a Utah native. He was at the Proved Me Wrong event that took place with Charlie Kirk this week. He was there during the assassination. I know there has been a rough week for you. I remember the day that this happened, and you were on Fox almost NonStop that day describing what happened. And I heard it in your voice. I felt it in my own voice as I was doing radio that day and TV night, because we both knew Charlie and we knew what a great guy he was.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to when this first happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I was in shock, but I felt like the country was in shock and they were in mourning, and you know, I felt like it was sort of my duty but also honor to tell him and call it like it was, having been there and seen it and witnessed it as horrific as it was, you know. And Charlie had a message of love and belief in Christ and his his unending message of look, we got to be able to talk. If not, there will be violence. But if you prove me wrong, you got another argument. You got another argument.
Speaker 7: Make it.
Speaker 6: There's no filter. You can say whatever you want to say. But Charlie was going to say what he wanted to say. That's the essence of America. And yet you have people that lashed out, by this case, a shooter lashed out in violence and assassinated. I would argue, the most important voice for the youth in America nobody, but nobody other than the President of the United States, Donald Trump could draw a crowd of two to three thousand people because I'd say ninety five percent of them are younger than the age of thirty out on a Wednesday afternoon to hear political dialogue. Who else could do that? Only Charlie.
Speaker 1: Only two people my kids ever wanted to meet, Charlie Kirk and Donald Trump. They don't care about their dad. I even asked my daughter maybe a year and a half two years ago, what time is my radio show on? And she didn't know the exact time. I'm like, seriously, but Mike, But in one sense, I'm happy about it. I'm glad my kids are not in the political arena and they are finding their own path in life. And I'm very proud of both my kids. But what he was able to do. It was so brilliant. The idea, show me where I'm wrong, tell me where I'm wrong, and he would take on all comers and he'd enter this hostile environment, which you know, these indoctrination centers in many cases. I know a lot of people would think that Utah might be a lot different, but you have liberal bastions in every part of the country, right, And he did it with a smile on his face, and he took all this hostility and he'd give it back.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was a give and take, and he was great at debate, and he was brilliant. But it was also a moment where kids, finally on a college campus at least in this moment, would have an opportunity to hear a different point of view than they were likely getting in the classroom. That's why it was so critical the work he was doing.
Speaker 6: That's right, I mean, that's what you're supposed to do in college, right, learn how to think and establish your values. You've now gotten away from mom and dad. Your spread your wings and you know, learn how to think and develop the core principles. And he would he also did something that I hadn't seen somebody do for a long time, and that is where his belief of Jesus Christ and religion on his sleeve, because for far too long, the left has besieged us with messages that you were something less than cool if you talked about religion or believed in Jesus Christ. He was so proud of that and inspired by that, and he shared that and it resonated with you know, young teenagers and people in their twenties like nobody else. It was phenomenal. And I think that's why he ultimately was assassinated is he was so effective. He was the most effective communicator with today's youth.
Speaker 1: I had some amazing conversations with him, and I don't want to make this about me in any way, but his level of curiosity was it was keen, I mean with he built his own little empire, and he really was the only one that I think that was able to pull this off to the level that he did. And I think it had everything to do with his his charm is his natural charisma and his personality.
Speaker 2: But yet he wanted to know my.
Speaker 1: Views on this business and what I thought about, you know, the things that he was doing in decisions he was going to make career wise, and I was honored to, you know, offer that advice to him. And what I loved about him is, you know a lot of people have asked my advice over the years, I give it to them, and they don't listen to one word. He listened very closely, and he you know, I think I have learned a thing or two over the many decades I've been doing this ad Jason. And it made me appreciate him even more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had an up to me before he was the household word and name that he became. And you go visit his operation there in Phoenix and Tempee and and he showed me kind of behind the scenes what he was building, like Charlie, how did you how are you doing this? And he's look, he found some people who believed in him and helped funded him early. But he produced results, and he produced these videos and and he studied and he learned. And you would often say, look, you're going to college. I never.
Speaker 7: I didn't go to college.
Speaker 6: You did, but you knew he was going to be smarter and have a more salient, compelling argument.
Speaker 7: But what he built.
Speaker 6: And then I went with him to asu Arizona State and watched him do one of these events, much smaller than the one at view that day, but it was just so fascinating to watch him in motion because he relished and he loved it, and people would line up like I want a chance to take him out, I want a chance to prove him wrong. And day of the assassination, people had lined up two plus hours ahead of time, and because they wanted to have that unique opportunity and try to prove them wrong. And he's like, Hey, we're going to be here for hours today, folks. I'll stay here a long time and answer all your questions and debate whatever you want to debate.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was the thing and the conversations that we had about politics, and they had such a passion. He really loved the MAGA movement. He understood it. And I got to give a lot of credit to you because long before it was public and I did not divulge any sources, but I knew more than I was able to go with publicly. Sometimes you're told this is what we're learning, but you can't go with it yet. And I always want to be open with my audience, and there was a lot of information that you were sharing with me. That was telling me that we were much closer than was being publicly disclosed. And I never wanted to get in the way or interfere in any way with law enforcement and their ability to do their job their way. And you know, saying, oh, they're getting closed would not have helped them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I you know, being in Congress for eight years here in Utah pretty well tied in with local law enforcement and the federal law enforcement. The last text that I interacted with with Charlie Kirk, I said, Charlie, I'm so glad excited that you're coming to Utah. He was gonna be here twice. He was also September thirtieth, he's supposed to be up at Utah State. I said, I'm so glad. My daughter would really like to get a picture with you. But the morning of the event, on the tenth, I said, I'm going out with Ice, and why don't you come with me. We're going to do it ride along. We're going to go out super early in the morning and go out with Ice. And he said, oh, I wish I could join you. I just I don't think I'm going to be able to pull that off. But come to the event, we'll get together and you know, I'll I just was hoping and I can't believe that, you know, we are where we are, but that was the plan. And the law enforcement, you know, they got to be really sensitive, but they're also like, yeah, I want to give you a little guidance. Can't let this out, but you know, don't save this if you want to get the story right. And that's what's you know, we want to try to do, is just get it right. And they were they were good to me that way.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break, Welcome back, more with our friend former Congressman Jason Chapitz. He was at the event where Charlie Kirk was assassinated this week. More with Jason on the other side. Then we'll get to your calls this Friday. I know so many of you want to comment on the events of this week. Eight nine four one, Shawn, as we continue, We continue now with Jason Chapits, native of Utah, was at the event which Charlie Kirk was assassinated this week. Going over the events of this week, there's going to be a question now that there are going to be federal charges and state charges against this assassin. And the question really is I would argue that you're better off staying with the state. My understanding is in the state of Utah you still have, you know, a death penalty and a firing squad, of which I am not personally against. For people that brutally murder innocent people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have a lethal injection, but in the death penalty you still have the option for I think Sean, you know that'll play out in due time. I think we're still mourning, and I think they the focus on the legacy and the family is paramount, and prayers are still needed to booy up that family. But I do think the bigger, long lasting story is how did this shooter in a conservative part of the world, iconic in its beauty, it's the gateway to Zion National Park and a conservative community. How did this kid call him a kid in the early twenties, But how did this person become so radicalized that the alleged shooter got up on a roof, put that rifle up there and took that shot. There's much more to this story. I have a million questions because that doesn't just happen in isolation. You don't just wake up and say, hey, this is what I'm going to do. Who was talking to him? Was there funding? Were there people encouraging him? Why was he leaving messages the way he was leaving those messages. Who was on the other end of those messages? Why were they? Why did the questioner ask him about transgender mass shootings? When the shot was fired? All of these types of things. What did these inscriptions on the bullets and the gun? What do those mean? I mean some people are staying online. I don't know if it's true or not. These are tied to Antifa?
Speaker 7: So how did let me?
Speaker 1: Let me just sum it up this way, only because I'm looking at the clock and the constraints of time. I never want to cut off a friend. Stay tuned. There may be more. We don't know for sure, but there may be more. Absolutely, really, Jason, I know this has been a very tough week for you, for your family, for the people of Utah.
Speaker 2: I love the people of Utah.
Speaker 1: I have a long history there, and I'm grateful for your friendship and all that, all the help that you offered this week. Really really appreciate it, and this audience does as well, and I wanted to make them aware of that. Thank you, sir. Appreciate it and God speed. Thanks all right, let's get to our busy phones. Uh, let's say hi to Tim. He's in Montana today. Tim, glad you called. What a week this has been.
Speaker 5: Absolutely thank you Jean for taking my call. I'll be quick and concise. There's many people who are leaning or just flaming liberals that are saying that people who are conservative around the right are just as violent as people on the left. And I would say, from a thirty thousand foot view, you know, excluding the outliers, let's take a look at it. Absolutely false. If that were true, where are the riots, where's the city's burning, Where's the indiscriminate physical harm and financial injury to our to our neighbors that you know happened for a multitude of other people in the history of the United States, even recently. And yet the right, what did we what did we see last night? We saw prayer, vigils, We saw moments of silence. We saw people gathering peacefully, quietly, remembering and mourning. The left is violent, the left has always been violent. The right is more respectful. And we value human life, we value individual liberty, we value personal property rights, and we value community with our neighbors that build people up rather than tears them down. And that are some of the fundamental differences between the right and the left. So if your leftist friends are out there saying the right is just as violent, ask them where the riots are, Ask them why conservatives are aren't burning colleges down, these liberal indoctrination centers because we don't do that.
Speaker 1: We don't we won't support it. I mean, if I heard January sixth, one more time, you know, and you know everybody you know, just just ignored, peacefully, patriotically arch to the Capitol so your voices will be heard. They forget that part. Should people have breached the capital, absolutely, not that people pay a very dear price. Yes they did. But these are the very same people that stood by silently as five hundred and seventy four riots took place in the Summer of Love, the summer of twenty twenty, where dozens of Americans were dead, thousands of cops injured. And I point this out, all the time pelted with bricks, rocks, bottles and molotov cocktails and billions of property damage. And then the vice presidential candidate of the Democratic Party goes on Colbert. They're not going to stop writing. They shouldn't stop writing, and we won't stop supporting them. I don't want to get lectured by any liberal on the I just I cringe every time because it's nothing but a lie. And all the incidents of political violence that we have seen, yeah, it's left versus right. Stieve Scalise perfect example. Two assassination attempts against Donald Trump. Another two examples, Charlie Kirk another example. Anyway, my friend, God bless you. Appreciate your call. I appreciate all of you out there. I know this has been a tough week for all of you. I mean, the messages that I'm getting from people are unbelievably loving and kind and heartfelt. People are just hurting. Christy is in Missouri. Hey, Christy, Sir Hannity.
Speaker 3: I've never called into anywhere before, and I really felt the need to call in after the video was uploaded where the young man is kind of cheering when Charlie is shot, and I really I'm only thirty four. So my message is really for any young audience that's listening to you, which they are doing especially right now, even if it's just for updates. You do have a following of my age and younger, and I just need them to understand that if you are my age, in your thirties and you have children, get them off of social media. It is about to be the time where you are picking aside, and we need to help our children pick the right side because what that man did showed a lot of people that that there are heartless people in the United States, and it's going to grow if we if we allow it. It is like sucking poison from a wound. And if you are a younger kid, you are in college and you are starting to pay attention to conservative ideals, which is what Charlie preached, and it's starting to sound pretty good. Please, for the love of God, get off of social media. Live according to the way that he would want you to live. I mean, I guess I can't say that you should become a Christian, but I mean start listening to things.
Speaker 1: Hey, Christy, you can say that on this program. It's okay, this is not a college campus, right, right.
Speaker 3: I just it's just it's important that we really have a nation.
Speaker 7: We have failed.
Speaker 3: My age and slightly older. If you were alive before Obama was president and you saw what life was like before Obama was president and then immediately after then you know, dang well that what America can be. And we have they have unfortunately capitalized better than us social media, they have capitalized really all of media in general, better than we have. We're catching up, but we have to remove our children from it, get rid of snapchat, not not you know, parental hours or you think they're watching them. We have got to remove it. It is a cancer. It's a cancer. And it's also now that we know this information from the shooter now like more than ever, we know for effect that it is a It is poisoned in a gigantic gash, gaping wound in our nation, and we just can't be a part of it anymore. We have to as conservatives, remove our children from it because that is what Charlie was doing. Charlie was jumping ahead to the next generation, and that is why they killed him. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That is the reason I think you're right, Listen.
Speaker 1: I actually believe that Charlie Kirk was on a trajectory that was just straight up. It was a rocket ship and there was no stopping him. And I could easily have imagined Charlie one day being president, I really could have. But listen, Christy, one thing I will say to you, thank you for calling. You have a heart of gold, and I would just gently, very gently challenge people like yourself stay involved and get the message out. Whether it's a small group or a large group, it doesn't matter. Every voice matters. I've always viewed what I do for a living is being spoken the wheel, and I look at anybody that is on our side, even if they're just an eighty twenty you know, RG, instead of you eighty percent, my friend, You're not my enemy. There are plenty of people on our side that I have twenty percent or thirty percent disagreement with.
Speaker 2: I promise, but I don't spend my time focused on.
Speaker 1: It because we are this is an ideological battle against people that I believe fundamentally do not want America to stay true to its core mission and value and constitutional order. And I think that is you know, that was Charlie's mission, and he had a deep understanding of it, and he was willing to walk into the lions dead and fight it every day anyway. Christy, God bless you appreciate it, and thanks for checking in with US eight hundred ninety four one. Sean, if you want to be a part of the program, we'll go to Utah. Ken is there, Ken, I know, especially the people in Utah devastated. It's not the people of Utah's fault. It is not and Americans understand that. Glad your culture.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: A couple of days. My wife and I are both Charlie Kirkpan. We love him to death. And I look at you know, there's a lot of Democrats I don't like. I don't like Obama, I don't like.
Speaker 8: Biden, Kars Pelosi, Newsom, but you've got I don't believe in violence is going to solve anything, but the side doesn't seem.
Speaker 7: To believe that as much.
Speaker 9: So when you get these high, highly publicized, high profile, highly prominent conservatives, they're doing these outdoor venues.
Speaker 7: How much does a drone cost? Why can't they just fly a drona? Because Trump was almost assassinated, By the grace of God, he wasn't, but I had they had a drone just checking out the rooftops, because that's your best dangage point at any outdoor venue if you're trying to shoot somebody.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hate the fact that what you're saying, but I know what you're saying is true. I mean, you know, look at now the new security that Donald Trump has to go through. If you go to a Trump event, what you have to go through it is it is very different, and outdoor events are more challenging. And you know, Charlie Kirk, Yeah, he did have private security. Yeah, there was local law enforcement there. And I'm not faulting anybody. You know, this guy snuck onto this roof, was in a prone position, he was hiding down in retrospect. Yes, we have video of it. All of that is true. Do we think that there's an assassin on the roof of that building? It's very hard.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I do believe that common sense measures for conservatives going forward would be prudent. And I can tell you in all the years, and I traveled extensively over the years, and there were years I did radio and TV and books and speeches and seventy appearances a year at different points in my career. I don't travel that much anymore. I still do events, but going forward, my recommendation to my conservative friends is you've got to put security up front. That means you have to have I would say an enclosed area to be inside. I think everybody should go through a mag I think everybody needs to be wanded if they want to go, they don't want to go, they don't have to go, although it's intruding on my privacy, but no, it's not. If you want to go see President Trump, you have to go through those measures and take security. Seriously. I don't want to live through this again. I don't want anybody, whether I like them or not. I don't want anybody of any political persuasion, you know, being hurt in any way. Anyway, it's a great reminder, Ken, it is a great reminder. And Charlie did this knowing what happened at Butler, knowing what happened at Trump International. He did it anyway. He knew he was going into a hostile environment when he went to a college campus, because it was off in hostile. It was usually hostile. It was predictably hostile. Anyway, I appreciate the call, my friend, God bless you my free state of Florida. Dave is next, Hey Dave, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 10: Sean, thanks for having me me. Uh, you know, when I when I woke up yesterday, I expected to see tributes to Charlie. Instead, the left were celebrating his assassination. You know, teachers, doctors, Uh, even other senators and congressmen, you know, saying that Charlie Kruk deserved what he got. You know, why why can't we censure these people and get him the hell out of there? You know, Uh, We're so nothing they're doing is bringing us closer together with anybody.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: You had school teachers, uh celebrating his demise, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh, they had multiple teachers around the country during Charlie Kirk's death. It's I know, it shocks the conscience. I'll tell you the tipping point moment, and I wish I had more time because I want I'm going to highlight this tonight on TV. It was a tipping point. And when the left and Democrats would not stand the Lake and Riley's family, when they wouldn't stand for Joscelyn Nungary's family, when they wouldn't stand for this young man that had cancer and became a Secret Service agent, that's that that as as radical as they were. If you can't stand for the families that lost their children or celebrate a young man that be cancer. I said that at that night they lost their heart, their conscience, and their soul. And that is the new radicalized Democratic Party, and it is it is widespread. It is a cancer. One last thought, I'm urging people when you see this cancer on social media. If I ever want to feel bad about myself, I could just google myself and look on social media.
Speaker 2: I don't do it.
Speaker 1: I don't even have access to my accounts for that reason. You know, understand, these these keyboard warriors in their underwear or naked in their basements anonymous are just full of cancer. Y sir, be careful, monitor you know the outlets you get information from. You don't need that darkness in your life. All right, That wraps things up for today. It's been a tough week, I know for everybody. We have Hannity tonight nine Eastern on the Fox News channel. We have full and complete coverage of the arrest of Charlie Kirk's assassin. What investigation is ongoing. Were other people involved? It's still an open question. We also expect Charlie's wife to speak out. Clay Travis, Riley Gaines, Nicole Parker, James Gagliano, Jason Chafitz, Stephen Miller, Lawrence Jones Tonight, Jim Jordan Tonight, John Solomon Tonight, nine Eastern SYDVR, Hannity on Fox. Will see you then. Our prayers are with Charlie Kirk, his wife, his children, his family, his friends. We'll see you tonight, have a great weekend with your family. God bless all of you, and we'll be back here Monday.