Speaker 1: Talk about it's only been a couple games. How many summerleague games it for you?
Speaker 2: Right now? Three?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 2: Now we're playing four yesterday.
Speaker 1: Talk about just again, everything in life is taking the next step, the next step, the next step. Right, So you go, you're league at fifteen, you come over Illinois at seventeen eighteen, Now you're playing in the NBA, and although summer league, what are you seeing is a difference between the steps you've taken so far and what you're gonna have to work on your rookie year. Just the four games you played in Zemier League.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so for sure it's a process, you know, And just like first all the three games I played in San Francisco was terrible for me offensively, but still did you learn Yeah, of course it's.
Speaker 2: All the matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried therefore, Yeah, I tried to do like control what I can control, so like just my effort and trying to be a great teammate, compete in defensive end. And even the shots weren't falling or I didn't feel well with the ball, I still try to do the things I can't control. All you, like I said, I understand it's a process and it's a long process. Yes, yes, So just taking these little steps I think and learning from like watching film after every game and learning from it, I think it helps you improve even more.
Speaker 4: I mean the fact that you know it's a process that helps because I mean, we talked about this yesterday with fears fears, and we don't necessarily look at how many points you guys scored at the end of a summer league game. We watch how you played the game. Were you in the right spot defensively? Did you make the right plays? You know what I'm saying. Are you competing? Are you engaged? Can you run and play? We're not really real basketball heads. We're not talking about the sivilians at home called you civilians real basketball heads. We're not looking at guys like you.
Speaker 2: Numbers. Did he score fifty five? Did he score?
Speaker 4: Cooper flags with five for twenty one the first game and he said he had a terrible game.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I watched his game.
Speaker 4: He was on health side defense, which sucks for a lot of young guys because they never really helped side defense. They always stuck to their man instead of taking a two nine being on the hip side, he got out on the break. He got a block, the last one got Downhill got to assist for the game winning three. I thought he had a good game. So my point of you is, don't worry about the scoring. That it's gonna come. You scored the ball yesterday. Just worry about the other. Scoring is not nothing that we worry about. Trust me to Miami, he does not worry about you scoring. We understand that part of that is gonna come. And then honestly, when you get in the season, you have to throw that bitch to bam a lot anyway. So worry about you scoring right now, you know what I'm saying. We worried about you playing a game the right way, developing your basketball IQ, making sure that you understand everything that you're comfortable, working on your strings and working on your weaknesses as well. That's what we worry about. Man, don't put too much stock in how many points did I score? Afterward's got a lot of young guys focused.
Speaker 1: On that, coaching on it right there, working on your strengths and weaknesses. What's one skill you want a master as a rookie? Kill one skill like you really think that you need to take to continue to develop and take the next step yeah, something that you want to you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say, just like building my body, building my strength for the defensive end.
Speaker 4: Great point, and you you got a good body on you, you know what I'm saying. So the point the fact that you said that, it makes a lot of sense because I tell and I had. I was on TV with Read Shepherd the other day and I looked at him. I told them, pick.
Speaker 2: On, young white guys we do.
Speaker 4: You're gonna You're gonna get put in every cross screen, You're gonna get put in every pin down, You're gonna get put in every action just.
Speaker 2: To see, you know what I'm saying. And that's what usually happens.
Speaker 4: Now, once you prove that you're gonna get through those cross threings, you're gonna get through those pin downs. You're gonna defend. That's a different thing. But the first thing they're gonna do is try you. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's first thing they're gonna do. You know what I'm saying, And you have to step up to the plate. But those are the things as young fellas that at the end of the day when we talked about again, those are the things you have.
Speaker 2: To go through. You have to go through those things.
Speaker 4: You can't we can't fast forward that, we can't skip that step. We can't skip that process. It's gonna wear on. You're gonna have to learn from it. We're gonna get in that fielom the next day and we're gonna make sure they can't do it till you again.
Speaker 2: It's just the process.
Speaker 1: So yep, for sure, Hey, let me ask you this though, talk about that then. So hearing all that stuff in the process you're going have to go through, and obviously leaning on people that have done it like this is super important. I think for young players coming in this league is trying to understand, get the answers to test before you get them right. But hearing, but hearing all these things. What does year one success look like for you?
Speaker 2: Heat?
Speaker 4: Playoffs questions?
Speaker 2: Question? Just talking to me, that's your question. So so the to like year one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when year one's done and they say, you know, Miami Heat did this cast did this?
Speaker 2: What what is it that say?
Speaker 1: You know? I walked out there like, okay, I learned this. This is where I got better at just running to get better at. What does year one success look like for you? When the season's over. Champion, okay, and there's a bunch of bandage and we.
Speaker 4: Listen, we definitely want championships and we love those, but we wouldn't mind a Rookie of the year cast.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We can tell you you win a championship, don't. Don't worry about being ambitious. You can never be too ambitious, no such thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want that for sure. We want you to get it. You know what I'm saying. I want you to get it.
Speaker 1: All right, So then what do you want to be in five years?
Speaker 2: Stop rings? Stop pointing out for the Miami he with two rings, that's his question. I'm just saying, that sounds pretty good. That's sound pretty good. That's a pretty good point. God, for the Miami he with two rings. You feel me? That sounds pretty good. Hell yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 4: Here you talking about summertime is here and it is my favorite time of the year. Ladies come on with them sun dresses and the bikinis and them cheeks out, fellas getting them beach bars in them six packs, ready with them who your dad is shorts? But that is only one part of it. That is the daytime trust me, nighttime is just important.
Speaker 2: Two things can be true.
Speaker 4: She can enjoy herself, but not enjoy you. Make sure you handle your business. Roads Spots gonna take care of that. Finish the game. Roast Sparks is a two and one treatment for you guys that need more control the rations than the fellas that need a secret weapon. Be afraid to tap in and be your best version now after roast barks is all one of your tongue. You got fifteen minutes to show time, my boy, hand a la.
Speaker 2: You could go.
Speaker 4: Back to back round after round and still be ready. Sound like a championship boxing to me. Go ahead and not that thing out. Trust me when I tell you, if you're good at what you do, you ain't got a brag.
Speaker 2: She'll do it for you, my boy.
Speaker 4: Roads Spars will connect you one hundred percent online, so you don't have to be in weird rooms with weird people don't know telling them you can't get in rection long enough and stay hard enough to God, there a legion woman. If approved treatment shows up directly to your doe, play boy, and you can handle your business immediately. If prescribe sexual health patients will get fifteen dollars off their first order of.
Speaker 2: Sparks on a recurring plan.
Speaker 4: Connect with the provider at road dot co slash ogs to find out if roast box are right for you. That's our old dot c OG's for fifteen dollars off your first order. Compounded drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but or not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety. For safety information, go to road dot co slash safety info.
Speaker 1: Here is a dirty little secret that insurance industry may want to keep under wraps. Insurance companies profit by holding onto your money for as long as possible, so after an accident they might do whatever they can to delay or deny your claim. This way they can keep those profits growing. Morgan and Morgan fights hard against these corporations, a fight to make sure you get every dollar you deserve, winning court. The insurance companies want juries to think that at fault driver is the one paying the verdict amount. Meanwhile, it's really the insurance companies who are covering the cost. When Morgan and Morgan takes on a case, there are almost always going after the big insurance companies and not the individuals at fault Morgan and Morgan fights hard for their clients, and these corporations know that a recent client in Pennsylvania just received twenty nine million. That's twenty nine million dollars. Ensures best offer was five hundred thousand. Another recent client in Florida received twenty million dollars last offer zero. There's a reason why Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury firm. Hiring the wrong firm can be disastrous. Hiring the right firm could substantially increase your settlement with Morgan and Morgan. It's easy to get started, and their fee is free unless they win. Just visit for the people dot com backslash ogs or dial pound Law five to nine. That's for the people dot com. Bax like ogs or dial pound Law five to nine. This, my friends, is a paid advertisement.