Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Katty I know he Armstrong and Yetty. Hey, guys, listen to this.
Speaker 2: I saw that uber is offering teenagers free rides home from prom and back. Okay, you know some thirty year old it's going to get in with the suitcase, like, yeah, I'm going to the airport prom take you to.
Speaker 3: The airport from Yeah. Yeah, we're having a travel themed from It's at the airport.
Speaker 1: So all of a sudden, I'm cofughing and I can't stop coughing, and I've been sick for tomorrow. It will be three weeks. And I did a whole flight of antibiotics. And the only reason I bring this up is did you see the article in the New York Times over the weekend They caught the flu and never came home. The virus leads to an estimated thirty six thousand deads in the United States each season, many of them so sudden that families are left reeling. I am not a hypochondract I think I'm the opposite of a hypochondriact. To my peril. I ignore things that I should have paid attention to, have done that multiple times in my life, so I've got to go in the other direction, I think. But this article freaked me out a little bit about people who get the flu and you know, mostly mostly really old people die of the flu. That something was gonna get you anyway, you know, it's just we're all gonna die. I don't know if you're aware of that. Something's got to get you. I mean, it's got to be some specific thing that probably pushed you over the edge at the end. But there's a lot of people to get the flu and then just all of a sudden, you're past the point of fixing and you die. It happens fairly often, yeah, And they had all kinds of examples. It's not common, like I mean percentage wise, but they had a lot of examples in New York Times. They were just horrific. God tang it. You come down with the flu and you're like a healthy thirty eight year old dad or whatever, and you waited a day too long and now they can't get the liquid out of your lungs or something, and you're it's over.
Speaker 3: Remember when COVID first hit. What we were comparing death rates to was flu, and it wasn't, you know, overwhelming, but it.
Speaker 1: Was a lot of people. Anyway. I was getting better and I got a cough I'd never had before, So I figure, this is my last day. Do we know Kim Commando, I feel like we know. Do we meet her somewhere? We talked to her a couple of times, the tech guru gal. I haven't heard her name in quite a while. I assume she's still doing what she does. She is, and she wrote an interesting article yesterday how the Vatican is locking down the conclave, about the secrecy around the elect and the pulpe thing, which, if if you're old enough to remember and have been through it a time or two, the cardinals all locked themselves in the Vatican and we look for puffs of white smoke, and that's really the only thing we get. That's the only news you get out of there at all, which you're about to find out until the puffs of white smoke and then out comes a new pope on the balcony and the crowd goes wild.
Speaker 3: Kim Commando really needs to marry a guy named I don't know, Rocky Sniper or something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, I have very tough kids. Oh please poor an in uniform. Where are they have poet trans kids? I don't know. You never know. It's unpredictable, Kim Commando. You think keeping a secret in today's world is tough, try running one of the most important elections on the planet while dodging drones, AI sur violence, and smartphones in every pocket. When Pope Francis passed away, the Vatican went into immediate lockdown mode to protect the conclave, the centuries old process where cardinals vote to elect the next Pope. The security isn't tight. It's basically a Tom Clancy novel on Espresso. It says there the moment the doors close, which is it today that they're closing the conclave down? And one of the cardinals said, they think it'll just be two or three days. Anyway, it's this week. The moment the door's closed, they flip on a broad spectrum signal jammer all Wi Fi dead, bluetooth, buried air tags, technological dust that they can stop any sort of transmission or modern technology. Directional antennas flood every window and rooftop gap just in case. Before the jammer's fire tech crews sweep rooms with nonlinear junction detectors. Those are handheld wands that sniff out hidden circuits if anybody's trying to spy in anyway and spectrum Manlizer's hunting rogue signals. They sweep again after the cardinals get in, and once again after the voting starts. Every person and everything gets inspected three times, from clothing to pens, to the crosses around your neck, rosaries and eyeglass frames to make sure nobody is communicating it anyway.
Speaker 3: By did they give everybody a colon escopy too? I mean, yikes, you.
Speaker 1: I find it kind of odd that you don't feel like you can trust the cardinals voting to not be wearing eyeglasses with a hidden microphone in it. I mean, you really shouldn't be a cardinal. Yeah, please speak into the rosary. By definition, you should not be what you are and in the role you're in if you can't be trusted.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think I would think there would be something like the death penalty, not literally, but you get booted out for even attempting to smuggle anything in.
Speaker 1: I would hope since satellites can read a license plate from orbit I didn't know that, and AI lip reading can turn shaky long lens video into a full transcript. The Vatican's answer is dual layer privacy film on all the windows, a metallic tempest rated laminate. It blocks ninety nine percent of light and nearly all infrared from outside. Every window looks like a black mirror. Inside the cardinal ce only a dull gray glow. You're not allowed. You're not allowed to any windows open for fresh air. Six Swiss guards will somersault like circus, lay and tackle you. Magnetic sensors scream if a window budget is more than a quarter of an inch. Cardinals aren't even allowed to look outside the windows during the conclave. Wow, this is crazy, isn't it. Yeah. The Vatican only covers point one seven square miles. It's about the size of a small eighteen hole golf course if you can picture it. But its security grid ravels rivals the most secure of major airports in the world. Deep below Saint Peter's Square, a command center watches six hundred and fifty four K cameras, microwave fences, and RF triangulation arrays that flag any surprise transmitter.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's something all to like the leader of a religious sect, an important one, a big one. But I mean, what if some of that stuff got out, Hey, Luigi seems to be leaning toward Jimmy.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do with that information?
Speaker 3: Take Luigi's family hostage and say no, Pope Jimmy. You know, I'm sure there's an explanation for this, but maybe it's that I don't care that much. I can't imagine why you'd go to such extraordinary lengths to protect anybody or prevent anybody from getting even a whiff.
Speaker 1: If he thinks we're going. If you told me today who the Pope is going to be at the announced on Saturday, but said keep it a secret, I would because I don't care. I'd forget ten minutes later, who'd you say it was? Again? The Swiss Guard's Renaissance stripes hide modern muscle hk MP seven's FN scar rifles and drone jamming guns that blast a five hundred meter RF cone. I don't claim to know what all this stuff means. Counter UAV radar tracks anything with propellers and intruding drone pancakes before it grabs a single photo.
Speaker 3: Well wait a minute, why don't we have that, like for taking all of our military bases, and like New Jersey famously last wintertime when all those drones were menacing the poor people of the Garden State.
Speaker 1: Then when white smoke rises, the system pivots to crowd protection for the over two hundred thousand pilgrims they expect to flood Saint Peter Square. Facial recognition is run locally to dodge hacking, simulators, track burner phones to make sure there are none, and comms are encrypted so the guards stay SYNCD. That seems like a lot of incredible tech for a thousand year old tradition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure there are answers to these rhetorical questions, but like maybe not. What ifuck afore meentioned Cardinal Jimmy was going to get the non people found out two hours early. So what I don't want to is there heavy wagering at the Vatican is that it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get in trouble, so I won't bring it up. But there is secret keeping in our industry that they take to ridiculous lengths and it's stupid. So it's possible they're doing the same thing with the popes.
Speaker 3: Just they are you talking about the slave labor we use to power the transmitters.
Speaker 1: Right, we have a thousand little people on bikes peddling. That's what makes the radio work.
Speaker 3: And they're not slaves. We let them out for fresh air once a month.
Speaker 1: The drone thing reminded me maybe I'll do this tomorrow. Listen to it. There's a great British podcast, Ukraine Daily something or other. I should post it. It's so good if you're into the whole Russia Ukraine thing. They have an update every day and it's not super long, but anyway, they interviewed a couple of different people about how the war has warfare has changed because of Russia Ukraine, and there are several things about warfare that have changed drastically and forever, like really big things that it's just gonna be the future of the way people battle it out. With one one prominent military guy who was running the Ukrainian forces declaring armed vehicles are now a thing of the past. They cease to have any value whatsoever. Now. They had another expert on there that quibbled with that, but like, tanks have been tanks for over one hundred years since World War One and they ceased to have any value since swarm drones have a well, remember early in the war when we had Mike Lines on our military guy and he's talking about Russian losing these tanks and he said, that's not a thing. You don't lose tanks. Nobody loses tanks. Well you do. Now you lose them every time you try to do anything because of these swarm drones. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, I would love to hear that. Yeah, please do bring that to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the way military history works. If you're a fan of the Civil War, you know when the Monitor and what was the name of the other ship, two iron mach the Merrymack. But the two ironclad ships got into it and it was the end of like four hundred years of sea battles being a certain way it ended that day because it no longer the technology just wasn't the same anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I know the Monitor was a class of ships, not the name of the ship does it doesn't matter? How about this, I think this would be amusing. Next segment, a little bonus mail bag some emails we've gotten on a number of different topics, including the wife of the Weezer bass player and her shooting.
Speaker 1: You know we should Well, yeah, we can do it. Next segment. My brother sent me a text. I forgot to look it up. He said, have you seen the video? And I have nuts. I want it explains a lot. I want to hear about that because I've been asking for weeks. How in the hell do you squeeze off a shot at LAPD and you're not dead? How does that happen? Does this? Explain that?
Speaker 3: And then she went back inside et cetera, hangout, explained all cool, the meaning of life, everything, all of it. Next segment Cool, that's next.
Speaker 1: We went big on this one day when you were gone. It was a Friday and you were gone. You had abandoned the show to play golf or something in your time of need. Yes, with on because it just didn't make no sense to me, And I was like reaching out to law enforcement people and everything like that. How do you squeeze off shots at LAPD and you end up going back in the house and hanging out with the babysitter for a while and then coming out and surrendering of your own free will? And how does that happen? Yeah? I wish I had some of the original accounts.
Speaker 3: Of the events in which Gillian Shriner, wife of the bassist of the band Weezer, ended up getting shot by the lapd squeezed off shots them and then went back inside to take a nap or what had you and my recollection and Jack correcting me if I'm wrong from the cuver shortly thereafter, was that I thought she was on her driveway.
Speaker 1: That's what the original reporting was. You had to high speed chase. The people in the high speed chase jumped out of the car, ran around the neighborhood. One of the guys got in the backyard and pretended to be watering plants, which is pretty clever actually if you've seen the video. But they apprehended him. But anyway, she knew there was all this hup up going on in the neighborhood. She's a gun owner and she was out in the driveway with her gun. Cops, he'll drop the gun. This was the original story. You might correct all this. Sure, she's out in the driveway the gun, like what's going on. Cops see her. They don't know what's going on either, they don't know who she is or anything like. They just see a person with a gun. Drop the gun. She turns toward them and squeezes off a shot or two. They shoot at her, apparently hit her. She goes in the house, hangs out with the babysitter for a while, discusses things. Well, I suppose I better get out to the lapd. I squeezed off a couple of shots at him, and they want to talk to me. So then she went back out, so Jack.
Speaker 3: To set up the rest of the discussion, a question for you, would you describe most news coverage, especially local, as always excellent, mediocre or super sucky?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, all right, so here's the deal.
Speaker 3: She may have been out on her driveway at one point, but I watched a good bit of the uh bodycam video that's been released, and she was actually in her backyard because the carjackers had been vaulting fences and running around the neighborhood. The cops were shouting orders at her while loud helicopters were circling overhead. They shot her in her backyard, and she ran inside and called nine to one one, thinking she had been shot by the carjackers.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the scene was much much more confusing and chaotic than it was described.
Speaker 1: You haven't you haven't included her squeezing off shots at them. Did that never happen?
Speaker 3: Thinking that, you know what I need to I don't remember, and I'm reading a written summary here too, but yeah, I believe she did. But she thought she was being confronted by the carjackers anyway, and is not a crazy person.
Speaker 1: And you know where this goes. Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: But I just thought it was interesting the contrast between the reality and the initial coverage, which is you know, a theme we've sounded many times on the show is.
Speaker 1: A video entertaining.
Speaker 3: No, well, no, that's that's rather a flip way to describe it. It's interesting, revealing and troubling. I thought the video was a woman almost dying at the hands of the lapd and you can seem leak she could have killed a cop the carjacks because of chaos and confusion.
Speaker 1: The carjacker who jumped the fence, Hey there's a pool here, immediately strips off his shirt and grabs a hose and like calmly starts watering bushes. That was pretty good. I like that. I mean, I admire that for cleverness. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, So, and if there is yet another round of revelations to come out that perhaps contradicts this round of revelations. We will bring it to you here. Accuracy is our hallmark. Uh oh, we've just got a minute left. Gosh, dang it. We've got a handful of emails I wanted to get to. We can do them next, Yeah, I suppose so. Yeah. Also, I tell you what will combine a handful of emails with what happens when your mind goes blank?
Speaker 1: That you ever have those moments? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's science is beginning to study it, and it's some It's definitely a thing. As the kids say, it is its own phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Neurologically speaking, I don't know if I've ever heard anybody discuss this before.
Speaker 1: It's a common expression. Sorry, my mind went blank, right, and then you went for a second, and then the information comes back.
Speaker 3: Usually up until very very recently, as elon us could tell you, with this Neuralink company, our ability to figure out what was happening in your brain specifically was practically nil to made enormous leaps forward recently.
Speaker 1: All sounds good. If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on themand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Every time we hear a Hispanic name on TV, whether or not the anchor is Hispanic, we suddenly have to shape shift into a perfect Hispanic accent.
Speaker 1: Police arrested twenty five year.
Speaker 4: Old elan Alain Sanchez, and I mean that, honestly.
Speaker 1: Why do we do that?
Speaker 4: When I say Alejandra myorcis, I just say Alejandra Myorcis. But on CNN it's Alejandra Majorkis.
Speaker 1: I'm Irish.
Speaker 4: When police arrests someone with an Irish name, I don't say. Police just arrested twenty five year old Charlie McLaughlin.
Speaker 1: Stop that Stop.
Speaker 3: That is so great. We've been making fun of that. Hermone Hernandez.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, Oh yeah, there's one of the guys on Saturday Night Live that's part of his routine is mack that whole thing. And it's very very funny.
Speaker 3: As you pointed out earlier, what if it was a you know, a Chinese name and I launch into a Chinese accent no matter who I am, do it?
Speaker 1: Newscasters? Yeah, or you know somebody with.
Speaker 3: An obviously like you know, probably there are very few white women named Shinikwa, for instance.
Speaker 1: Well, am I projecting or am I right here that when they do that on NPR all the time, they're basically all the time, they're basically saying to those of us who don't you're doing something wrong. Yes, yeah, exactly, I'm being authentic. No you're not.
Speaker 3: You're just doing it with LATINX people freaking transparent. Get passes. Let's run through a handful of emails real quick. We often do this at the beginning of the show, but there are several I wanted to squeeze in. Dan writes, Guys, heard your discussions yesterday about woke libraries. Yeah, indeed, libraries in New York are kicking out any conservative books because they don't represent all points of view.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, they have all.
Speaker 3: These wildly radically progressive gender bending books and they're utterly transparent. But Dan says, I tweeted this experience so a while back about the library I grew up going to the featured books. The featured books on top of the bookshelves and the little kids area were all woke titles like Rainbow Hands, Rainbow Parade, and Leo's Lavender Skirt, And my personal favorite was Ibramex Kendy's Good Night Racism.
Speaker 1: Because nothing puts a child to sleep.
Speaker 3: Better than reminding them that the world is racist and stacked against them. Call me old fashioned, but I want my kid reading the Berenstain Bears, not the Castro Bears. Haven't been back in since and I live half block away.
Speaker 1: It's sad. So the problem, of course is they get those books in there that this majority of parents don't want in there, and if you try to get him out, they call you a book banner or censor. Yeah exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, total change topic, John with no h rights.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Heard you guys talking about how patriotic Canadians have become only buying Canadian products, and I can assure you firsthand this is not a gimmick or a fad. My wife is Canadian. We got married last year on a K one visa. Long story short, friends and family could not attend our small courthouse wedding because of the time frame. Blah blah blah. We were planning on having a second wedding her family and friends could attend. On her first anniversary. We had to cancel that. After all, her friends and family refused to come to the US Wow. She used to be excited to tell her friends and family about her experience living here. But now it's become very uncomfortable and awkward for a lot have A lot of damage has been done by Trump's unnecessary assault on Canada. And truthfully, I only give a crap now because of how difficult it's made that dynamic of my marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, I don't want to get involved in your family situation, but not going to a family member's wedding because of the dust up between Trump and.
Speaker 3: A Right, you know, you're right, that's a bit much. But there's real anger and on animosity there and it's gonna last.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're getting married in Texas. I know they're abortion laws. I'm afraid I can't attend your wedding. Yeah, that makes you a whacky doodle.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, you know the Canadians are pissed and they will drop their gloves, trust me.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Paolo writes, Guys, trans folks, and many others make a distinction between sex and gender. Sex is biology. Gender identity is personal feeling or belief. That's fine, but problems arise when a person expects to be treated as though their gender identity is their sex. The more militant of the trans folks tend to do exactly that. Yes, if I say I'm a woman, I'm a woman. Thank god, the UK Supreme Court ruled unanimously that was balder dash. The milit above, they're ironically among the most vocal in asserting the difference between sex and gender. Then he says, certainly legally in most contexts, gender identity is no more relevant than a person's religion. Fact, it's very similar to religion. It's a dogmatic belief. Like a religious belief, we know nothing about it except what the believer tells us. Persons should be treated differently based on their gender identity, only to the extent that people of different religions are treated differently, which is to say, practically never. Gender is no more appropriate on a passport than is religion. It goes on on that vein. I think it's a good point. Finally, its way out of bounds to refer to not accepting trans folks beliefs as trans hate, or refers to the non believers themselves as transphobes. It's equivalent to calling a Catholic, calling a person who doesn't believe in trub transubstantiation a hater or a cathlophobe.
Speaker 1: Good one. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: There are a number of conservative publications that use the term transgender in quotes, which I think is appropriate.
Speaker 1: Let's see. And then finally this, I thought this.
Speaker 3: Was revealing, and smart B writes, lately, my personal hero Jack has admitted he gets sick more than average.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot. Is one of the worst things I've ever had to admit in my life. Right, and we the rest of.
Speaker 3: The cavemen have decided you're week and thrown you out of the cabal, the tribe.
Speaker 1: The herd. How do you arrange cavemen? Is that a herd or a flock? Rightfully?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he gets into the interesting part. To me, a lot of people throw the word average around. The truth is is you probably felt yourselves. Average is a marker of the center and not a good discriminator. The forty ninth percentile in the fifty first percentile are almost indistinguishable from one another, and the bulk of the population sits there. Instead, when people use the words below or above average, what they have intuitively learned and most likely mean is someone outside that big, bulgy group in the middle where a majority of the population sits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're outside the one standard deviation.
Speaker 3: Precisely. He gets to that very thing. And it's funny because we've made jokes about how, you know, two thirds of people think they're better looking than average, and that is obviously a paradox. But if the vast majority of people are average looking, because you don't average all the looks and come up with a number, we're talking about human characteristics, and so it could be that ninety percent of the people are at average. I just thought it was an interesting thought. I'll go ahead and finish it in case there's more to it. The dire news that being that if you can tell you're getting sick more than the average person, you're probably closer to the sixteenth percentile than the forty ninth. That is, you're probably around a standard deviation away from average. Jack, you truly hope you're on the road to recovery and we'll pray for you. Oh and then he says, ps another topic, if you bring back a no Trump day like during the first term, I would be very grateful. Yeah, he makes a low T day. Jack, could you describe briefly, for those of us who have not taken a stats class, what is a standard deviation. I usually make the joke it's like you like to be spanked or wear leather. It's not a weird devation. It's a standard deviation.
Speaker 1: Ah boy. And the most simple terms, it's just like if you look at a bell curve, it's just the big, the big, the big chunk in the middle is going to be a standard deviation in a big curve, and then you quickly drop off to two or three standard deviations. But the first one standard deviation covers the bulk of everything, which is kind of what you're getting to, right, mm hmm with the average intelligence or average looks. Yeah, that is a better way to look at it, and it makes you sound I'm less crazy if you talk about because a standard deviation I think is sixty some percent so and then two standard deviations two deviations is I think you get to ninety seven percent if I remember correctly. But yeah, it covers a lot of people one standard deviation, so that that actually makes sense that like two thirds of us think we're above average looking or two thirds of us think we're smarter. It actually fits with that, right.
Speaker 3: And I think maybe I don't know, maybe I've been guilty of thinking of like average IQ, which to the extent we can even measure IQ, which is definitely a big giant question mark. One hundred is allegedly average IQ. But it could be that eighty five percent of the population is between ninety eight and one oh two right on that scale.
Speaker 1: I don't know that to.
Speaker 3: Be true, but I think I've been guilty of thinking more like one hundred is the median or there's somebody above is right exactly, which is not necessarily true at all.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, So I don't know what one standard deviation would be on IQ, but yeah, probably you got like two thirds of people within ninety five and one oh five or something like that, right, Yeah, Yeah, interesting. What's the Elon Musk thing? You said in my ear? Hanson? What do you do? Oh there, Elon Musk? Another woman. So there was a story came out yesterday Elon Musk no longer working from the White House. That shift has happened. Obviously, we've been hearing his name a lot less. Remember there for quite a while, we're hearing Elon's name more than Trump's name. Trump is in the cabinet meeting. They're having a one hundred day cabinet meeting with everybody, and Elon is there and smiling and yucking it up, and everybody else is having to listen to him and probably hating it to a certain extent. I don't know, but Elon's there now. We will finish strong next Love the Double Head. But because all I wanted to continue the well question, and I say, I wear a lot.
Speaker 3: Of hats, even might have has a hat.
Speaker 2: You know, the American people voted for secure borders, safe cities, and sensible spending.
Speaker 3: And that's what they've got.
Speaker 2: A tremendous has been accomplished in the first one hundred days, as everyone has said, it's more than has been accomplished in.
Speaker 1: Any administration before ever period.
Speaker 2: So this is this pretends very well for what happened for the rest of the administration.
Speaker 3: I think this could be the greatest administrations found in their country.
Speaker 1: So they're having a big cabinet meeting there at the White House, and Elon's there, even though he's no longer working at the White House. And Trump said this.
Speaker 5: You know, you're invited to stay as long as you want, and he wants to get back home to his cars, as.
Speaker 1: Everybody apparaton. I'll tell you one thing, an incredible job. Elon looks so relaxed. That is a guy who who's crafted a life and he's digging it. He is not stressed out about it. So it would sing whatever reason I.
Speaker 3: Wish I could go back to the beginning of the Doge thing and craft a pr.
Speaker 1: Strategy for them.
Speaker 3: And it would not involve, well, it would involve not having Elon quite as prominent, at least not after the very beginning of it, because there are all sorts of outlets acting like Elon. Pulling back means it's over right. And if you saw the interview Brett Bair did with those fail half right, exactly the interview Brett Bair did with those half dozen absolutely substantive, impressive men who were actually running the show, you wouldn't think that at all. Plus, they can still transition from reining in you know, exce of personnel and redundant programs and that sort of thing, which is absolutely worth doing, even if it is a rounding era on the federal budget.
Speaker 1: It's just a good idea.
Speaker 3: But they can then segue to deregulation, which is incredibly important. So and I just wish their purpose and who they are had been better, you know, explained to the American people landmarks Supreme Court ruling. Ah, well, it's not ruling exactly. But according to accounts, the Supreme Court appeared to open today to allowing Oklahoma to use government money to run the nation's first religious charter school, which would teach a curriculum infused by Catholic doctrine. According to The New York Times, which is accurate as far as it goes, excluding the school from the state's charter school system would amount to rank discrimination against religion. According to Brett Kavanaugh, the justices appear to be divided along the usual ideological lines. They say, I read a great piece and to see if I can find it. I'm surprised I didn't save it. They were talking about the First Amendment and how it reads Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, and that those phrases aren't in opposition to each other. They're a thorough description of the government's role in religion. Congress shall not establish a religion or say this is the good one.
Speaker 1: Fair Enough, everybody gets given. But if there are twenty three different.
Speaker 3: Groups that are authorized to form up a charter school, and in Oklahoma specifically, the charters have a broad latitude to implement and I quote a very specific learning philosophy, adopt their own personnel, policies and methods of school governance, and to demonstrate they're not government surrogates. So if you have twenty two different sorts of entities that can start a charter school, but not.
Speaker 1: Any religious entity.
Speaker 3: No churches, can he give them anywhere near it because of the establishment clause. Well, you're ignoring the second part of it, prohibiting the exercise thereof and you're discriminating against only one sort of people.
Speaker 1: That's people who espouse a certain religion. That's that whole freedom of religion versus freedom from religion thing, right, right?
Speaker 3: And I get that there are subtleties here, and it's not exactly a black and white argument. And you know what, I will find the words of people more learned than me in this stuff.
Speaker 1: But it makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: You got a dozen different philosophies represented by the various charter schools, just not for God's sake, people who do things for God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can imagine how this is going to be covered all day long to day by the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: Right well, and some of the intriguing questions are, can they start in Islamic school teaches sharia law and that sort of thing, good one or some sort of Satanism that one comes up to pretty frequently. Yeah, put on the old goat pants and dance around the fire. So what was it a five for? It's not a decision. It was just I think they're just interpreting what was happening at the oral arguments. Okay, yeah, yeah. Interestingly, Justice Amy Quinny Parrett was recused. Did she hear it on the appellate level?
Speaker 5: I wonder anyway, I have some final thoughts, and some people say they are the greatest final thoughts they've ever heard. But if you look at what's happening, I would have to say Armstrong and Getty have some wonderful final thoughts. They are right up there with Abraham Lincoln and everybody knows it.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final time from everybody on the crew. To wrap up the show.
Speaker 3: There is Michaelangelo pressing the buttons. Michael Wisch final thought. You know, I'm thinking about improving my health and maybe getting rid of all processed foods.
Speaker 1: So wait, are gummy bears processed foods? I believe they are? Yes?
Speaker 3: So much for that idea farm to fork Baby, Katie Green are esteemed to use woman As a final thought, Katie, you guys.
Speaker 4: Have given me a complex today talking about that AI wearable assistant.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be checking everyone's wrists now for.
Speaker 3: It, Yeah, recording me mm hmm, yeah, records everything and then sends you reminders and that sort of thing. If you missed the segment, Jack, final thought.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong? Or did you come back into the studio after the commercials in a different shirt? I have changed you like Taylor Swift? Now you just different outfits throughout the show. Exactly, Well, share is my hero here. I'm kind of a bad girl now I'm more of a cheerleader.
Speaker 3: Right now I'm wearing the white skirt and boats. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, that's my thing. Actually have an appointment in moments, you know. My final thought was actually gonna have to do with that Personal Assistant AI thing. I actually logged onto one of the websites and took a look because I'm an absent minded guy and I do a poor job of remembering what I'm supposed to do, and I just thought, you know what, Let's give it a couple of years. Let's give it a couple of like scandals and corrections and cautions and all, and then maybe I'll start recording everything I do.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: Of course, there are a lot of things I do nobody wants to hear about.
Speaker 1: Trust me, so.
Speaker 3: Many people, thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong and getdy dot com. We've got a lot of great stuff there, hot links. You can drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getdy dot com if there's something we ought to be talking about, or you want to weigh in with your opinion, pick.
Speaker 1: Ups ang swag for your favorite age fan. Mars May first right, and God bless America. I'm strong and Getty has been hijacked by the takeke pust. That's what people do. That's not hyperbolic, that's academic. Even a Washington that math doesn't work. I'm sorry. There are haters. There's always going to be haters. Man have been called worse. For those of you that don't understand.
Speaker 3: You're all right now, you're boomer, you're a Reagan idiot rob.
Speaker 1: They'll save your writing, your maral I like that accent. Whatever that was that I note. Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty