Speaker 1: It's nine Ogene Onegen with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting.
Speaker 1: What's so exciting?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to I don't know. I was trying to pretend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like I wanted to be like, oh, I don't know about this, but then I was like, no, we can start that way. But oh, guys, I don't know about this.
Speaker 1: I don't know about this hair. I was like, what the hair?
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it got shorter again. I thought we were on that grow.
Speaker 1: I really thought we were growing it out.
Speaker 2: Ye see.
Speaker 1: And by this point you've already told me that I had so mom soccer mom hair, So why would I then push it further?
Speaker 2: Well, now you're just being defiant.
Speaker 1: I don't like being told to do Apparently.
Speaker 2: We know that. Oh my goodness, it's so short. See. I like this short, though, you do.
Speaker 3: This is the cool short, Okay, I believe so.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about the color.
Speaker 1: But what about the highlights.
Speaker 2: I like the highlights, which nowadays the kids call them the money pieces. You were so ahead of your time.
Speaker 3: Look at this, we.
Speaker 2: Were and you had money pieces. Why is the backwarm?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I couldn't see that part.
Speaker 2: You were just looking at highlights. Yeah, yeah, it's a little warm. It needs a little toner.
Speaker 1: We got hair to talk about. To talk about. This is episode eleven. It's called Deadline and aired. It aired in November nineteen ninety seven. November nineteenth to be exact.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Just when you think David's luck is turning, OMG, the peapad is burning, Eric is pimp gets arrested, Steve's DNA gets tested, Donna kicks David to the curb. Kelly's pixie cut is superb. Battery's being a total witch. Nobody told her Noah was rich.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Love the rhymes so good.
Speaker 2: It's way better than the episode we just ended there.
Speaker 1: Yep, we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Guys imagine.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, where to begin?
Speaker 2: Okay, where should we begin? I don't know at the beginning? With your haircut, it's the first line of the episode.
Speaker 1: You know what I felt like, I felt like she belonged in like New Kids on the Block or a boy bands that haircut? Like, yeah, me, her?
Speaker 2: Why is she a she? Now? She hurt you?
Speaker 1: Kelly is not me, she's her, She's you. She's a she.
Speaker 2: Totally you, part of you, a part of you can never get rid of. Never, it's not.
Speaker 1: But did you not like, did she not look like Lance? Bast to you? I did again?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh my god, that just heard hers. Oh no, I don't know, Adam. I can't win this one. I love Lance's hair, but not on Kelly. No, stop trying to ruin it. I thought it looked really good.
Speaker 1: You are great.
Speaker 2: But you know what, So my dad had this thing I think we've talked about this before where anytime hair was altered on the show usually had to get permission, probably not eight season. I'm sure you didn't have to, but they had to write it in the script. Oh right, right, So it's like the opening of the show. It just feels so like I'm like, oh yeah, my dad was like, make sure they know her hair is different?
Speaker 1: Can't they tell?
Speaker 2: I wonder why that bugged him so much? Though? Who's that a thing that bugged him? But not this episode?
Speaker 1: The first line is Erica saying, does Brandon like your new haircut?
Speaker 2: Imagine if you like just kept walking but you had that look in your face.
Speaker 1: Like, who cares? That's so true?
Speaker 2: Who's Brandon Okay, do you want to.
Speaker 1: Talk about Donna, David Brandon foul Noah? Which one you get to pick?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, I guess. I mean, can I go at the storyline like the best or save that for last? I don't want to. Noah's rich. Let's go with this. No one rich?
Speaker 3: Okay, no one knew.
Speaker 1: We knew. Everybody the audience knew, right, audience were He's already talked about it. He's mentioned Hunter Oil, family Oil job be sure. Yeah, yeah, I remember hearing it because I was like, am I supposed to know what Hunter Oil is?
Speaker 3: But but they didn't know? Right?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll be honest with you. Yeah, you know, I'm really stepping out of my comfy zone. Noah kind of lotta in this episode. What can't help it? These guys they saw it? He did?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, but the writing is just so what Noah says, keep your pan That's.
Speaker 1: My favorite line of the whole show. How do you know, hey, if someone knocks on the boat, is that what happens? They knock on the boat and he's coming to answer the door, and he says, keep your pants on. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I can't I mean, It's kind of funny because it's like a young guy in his twenties saying it. But it's so like, are you what?
Speaker 1: I know? I actually wrote it down as my favorite line in the whole Episodely it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be a good T shirt.
Speaker 1: But now he's off a valve and on to Donna. Yes, like zeroed in on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, And just like that, Donna's over David and onto him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a long relationship to be like next.
Speaker 2: Except in her defense, I could see like it being so much that she's distracted and she's not processing the grief of that relationship. She's just jumping into another world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: That's a rebound, right rebound.
Speaker 2: You're right, except this rebound will go on to last another two seasons.
Speaker 3: But huh so what huh?
Speaker 2: I think? So?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two seasons.
Speaker 1: Of Donna and Noah.
Speaker 2: What you just said that? I know? I feel like they break up early in season ten, and David and Donna get back together and then they Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just blew my mind. But okay, I'm warming up, scoch.
Speaker 2: How about can we talk about Valerie slapping Noah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the slap Okay Valley Valley, Old Valley. She slapped Noah not once but twice.
Speaker 2: Right, So, if you haven't watched, we found out Noah's rich and everyone feels a little bamboozled by it that he like lied to everybody.
Speaker 1: Well did he lie or did he just not? Did he withhold the truth?
Speaker 2: Well, because Donna says, later, you said you were broke, but did he say? Maybe he just insinuated, And you're right, maybe he just but yeah, so the loan shark, card shark, what does he he's a shark shark?
Speaker 1: Nato, No, what do you mean? The loan the guy with the money?
Speaker 2: Right that disclosed that it was Noah right to vow right because she goes there all haughty toddy to get some info out of this guy.
Speaker 1: She went to the bartender Dan right and asked him, what's the guy? Who's the guy the loan shark? That's what you're thinking of, loan shark? And then she finds him somehow so easily and goes to show shows up with him, and she's all flirting it up, trying to get info out of him, and.
Speaker 2: She gets it, which always works for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't get expect to get that info. I don't think that was a shocker.
Speaker 2: I love how David's like, well house, would you find a loan shark? Not in the Yellow Pages? Because it was nineteen ninety seven?
Speaker 3: The Yellow Pages?
Speaker 1: Wait, do they even still?
Speaker 2: Do they make phone like a hard copy?
Speaker 1: No, like the remember the big like a hard copy?
Speaker 3: Like is there is not a hard copy soft pape like?
Speaker 2: But I mean like a hard copy, not like I mean in person.
Speaker 1: Yes, please tell us if you live in a town out there that still publishes phone books.
Speaker 2: I need to know publishes a good one. Remember as kids, you'd sit on it. It's like to get higher in a booth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd your mom sit you on top of a stack of phone books.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved phone books, you guys. They were alphabetized so beautifully and like it, just like the symmetry of the columns. Loved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Encyclopedia Britannicas. Do they publish those anymore? I used to love the Yellow Pages. When I was bored as a kid and learning to read, I would go through the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 1: You ever heard that expression when somebody is it good speaker or a or something? They say she or he could read the Yellow Pages and I'd still watch or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're right, I could listen. Do you read the phone book? Yeah, that's a good one. Just like keep your pants on.
Speaker 1: It's right up there, your pants on.
Speaker 2: Okay. Can I go back to the slap? Yes?
Speaker 1: Please? What's the problem with the slap?
Speaker 2: Oh? No problem, but quite I enjoyed it. I loved it. So in acting, it's usually a choice, right if you do it or not, and the two actors kind of work it out because we've seen scenes where they pretend like back in the old days, and they're like, I pretend to be hit, but they're not really hit. Yeah, but this was so obviously Valerie and Noah Vincent and Tiffany disgusted it. And she was like, Okay, I'm going to really slap you, and he's like, yeah, go for it, and she really went for it, and you could see the red hand mark on his face through the rest of the scene.
Speaker 1: She liked to give real slap.
Speaker 2: I remember that she did. I remember, well, this is coming up to a different point where I have to slap her, and she was like, slap me, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Right, I remember I always up for the like nothing, I'm not gonna slap you. Let's just do a fake slap and make it look good.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to slap someone I know, but it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of fun. That's true if they if someone asked you for it, please slap me. I mean. So she went in hard, but you could tell by the print on his face that she didn't quite get his cheek. She got like his jaw and his neck, which means probably his ears a little bit.
Speaker 3: So it's probably earbringing.
Speaker 1: Probably has ear damage from it to this day, so earing damage.
Speaker 2: I thought some of the best acting I've ever seen of him and will see of him is where he says, if you do that one more time, I'm gonna slap you back. Because I could see his eyes that he was really like, not that he would slap her back, but that he like was like that hurt do that one more time? It seemed real that he was like pissed, Like.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Donna and Noah? First of all, what day is it? Because Donna's girls are out to play all day?
Speaker 2: That was the.
Speaker 1: Lowest cut shirt I think I've ever seen you wear, Like for a daily outfit, not like a Baba booie I'm dressing up for a peapad, but like I'm gonna wear this outfit today tonight.
Speaker 3: I wasn't happy with it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so those v neckx were very in nineteen ninety seven, but probably not with that extreme like you know, I was wanting to push up bra there, like, well, I don't like boos don't wash together that tightly without an extreme push up bra.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Like I was so tan, my hair was so red.
Speaker 1: Love loved the red. Too red, too red, you like like a siren.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Then, firn red. I thought that, Yeah it was. I'm gonna be honest, it was distracting for me to watch the scenes and not just stare at your cleavage.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Was that what you were going for? And no, it was distracting.
Speaker 2: I respectfully agree. I just I don't know, it was all distracting. I wasn't. I don't know. I feel like I could totally tell that we have full rein of the castle here, and it's just like, I don't know, I felt like the makeup was too much. It all looked good, but it was like iron Now I missed the days when made me. We weren't as like tuned in and we kind of were more freeballing it and it felt more real. This is very like late nineties, like very stylized, like I felt like melrose Place a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But okay, so you have your storyline with Noah, which you go on the date, right, okay, so you had Noah and the kiss, and then you also had David inside watching.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for David.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was hard for me because I'm like, I don't know David and Donna. Even though do you like Noah and Donna?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't answer to that is, I don't know. I only like it because I know you liked it, so it makes me try to like it, but I don't know. I know, honestly, I'm not even that big of a fan of Donna and David right now, right now, I mean, yeah, like old school, like you're invested from like kids. Yeah, and that's why I don't understand how she can just move on so quickly. But you're right, it's a distraction, it's that rebound. Hopefully it'll end up making you appreciate David. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to me because when she's like flirty with David, it's hard. They were together in and out for so many years that when they first started being together, I don't think Donna knew how to use like sex appeal or that feminine charm. It was just honest, I think, which made the relationship so pure and beautiful. And I could see her flirting with Noah, but it's like a different tone that I haven't heard from Donna.
Speaker 1: Before because it's from toy.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm like, oh my gosh, it's so weird to watch it because I don't get to watch myself back in real life, and it's like, oh, that's when I'm trying to be sexy and be like look at me like and it's like, oh god, it's all happen in real time.
Speaker 1: People loved it. I'm sure. What about Okay, I'm still with the vow storyline. Well, she's just so conniving. I mean, we're doing every week. I feel like we talk about this. There is no there's no end to her conniving.
Speaker 2: I think she might be redeemable when she leaves. I'm not sure. I've seen clips on the gram.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the word conniving in general? What conniving? Is that a word? Am I saying it right?
Speaker 2: Yes? One thousand percent?
Speaker 1: How would you spell conniving?
Speaker 3: Co O N COO coniving co O n iv I n G conniving.
Speaker 1: Oh you did it right, Good job, But that doesn't sound like how you would spell it.
Speaker 2: I mean spelling, I have to at least have one quality.
Speaker 1: But here's the here's my question. Well, it was kind of like towards the end of the show when Valerie comes down the stairs in her satin matching negliges.
Speaker 3: Which are very in now.
Speaker 1: Is that what girls wore in the in the nineties to bed?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I really I didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't. We had our like flannely pajamas with like poodles on them, sushi and.
Speaker 1: Lady, you know what I mean, poodles.
Speaker 2: I had a full line of those by longstlee button of like kind of like Grandpa pajamas Granny jammies, but flannel.
Speaker 3: But with like poppy things on them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Every time I see somebody, like a young person on the show wearing like a matching set of satin, I can't really think that's real.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it's kind of very old school like Dynasty, like spelling esque.
Speaker 1: I did like her her look through the episode though, she looked great. Val you think, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like she looked more natural this episode? Likes not as much makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't really notice.
Speaker 2: Honestly, maybe Waterman was on vacation someone else, Dave Waterman was her makeup artist.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about David for a second, okay, because you know what he in this episode. I just felt like, you're such a young little son. You're like a little boy, like doing all the wrong things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was not into his hair, so why what was about it?
Speaker 2: The buzz cut?
Speaker 1: Was it overall buzz or did he have length on top?
Speaker 2: Pretty buzzed?
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I did not like when he's his hair was very short.
Speaker 1: It's very doesn't that how Justin Bieber has his hair now?
Speaker 2: Though? Yeah, yeah, I like it. I guess Brian David he's never been a long haired type of guy. No, in any sense, right, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I've ever seen him with long hair ever, but I'd like to maybe we can do like an AI version, just to see what he would look like, okay, that sounds good, accurate.
Speaker 2: Yes, he seems so lost and what's going to happen. This can't be good for his mental health. Everything that's happened.
Speaker 1: He's off the rails again.
Speaker 2: But not really, he's not. He's holding it together.
Speaker 1: He's just having bad luck.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the heat or the fire, Okay.
Speaker 2: You knew it was coming right the second.
Speaker 1: He like plugged and turned on the ancient I'm like, okay, come on. So he sets it down and there the close up of it at the end of the scene was like, there were wads of crumpled paper down there. Okay. The next shot of it in the later scene, the heater hasn't moved. The next shot has no wadded paper in front of it. And it really bothered me when he threw the shirt on top of the heater.
Speaker 3: These are the things she loves, you guys, the deeps, the deeps people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was too invested in the storyline to notice that.
Speaker 2: That couldn't get through that one.
Speaker 1: That's I noticed the little things. But I mean, hi, dummy, Well, first of all, is it that cold in the office that he needs a space heater? Was it ever addressed. Hey, it's kind of chilly in here, and that's why I'm putting this space heater in.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't. I mean, if we're going to say things like does Brandon like your hair cut? Just because you cut your hair one episode we say it's.
Speaker 1: Golden here to just it's really cool, this like major Let.
Speaker 2: Me put a heater up and plug it in.
Speaker 1: The complain about these things about the show that they just like explain too much, but now I want it.
Speaker 2: They explain things that we that shouldn't be explained, but things that should be explained they don't explain.
Speaker 1: There was no setup for it. It was like, oh okay, there's and the second you see it, you're like danger, danger, something bad's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow was it danger? Will Robinson I don't know lost his face?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I never really want a fan. Did you think the fire damage should have been more?
Speaker 2: I just don't see the reasoning for it, except like, oh no, luck, everything is going wrong. What does it matter the fire? What does it matter? Is something else canna happen?
Speaker 1: What? I thought? It was a much bigger fire in my memory?
Speaker 2: You remembered it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: No, okay, no, but I go thinking about having a fire in the paapad makes me think it should have been more substantial, Like.
Speaker 2: You thought maybe someone was going to be caught in the fire or like, no, not that far, not like.
Speaker 3: Injured, but like trapped for a second, just for a second.
Speaker 1: No, I thought there would be more damage to the actual building because then the landlord comes out and comes and kicks him out. So I wanted it to be worse.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, I guess, but then they'd have to like change sets and stuff, and they didn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, costly, this is true. What do you think about when Valerie told David that it was Noah who paid his debt?
Speaker 2: What do I think about it? Why? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously that's something she would do, right, of course she's like push her a little bit and push right.
Speaker 2: And she's stirring in Donna, and yeah, do you mean, like what does she want from this? Like what is her what is the outcome? She doesn't want anything. She just lives to cause trouble, to push buttons. Yep, because she's not happy, so she wants nobody happy.
Speaker 1: I hope she gets happy.
Speaker 2: She leaves the show she's happy.
Speaker 1: Interesting concept. But let's talk about Brandon getting arrested show. Okay, okay, So Eric is on her way out. She's going to go live with Dylan, right right?
Speaker 2: Which is that? Why did they set that up just to mention Dylan?
Speaker 1: Why is there ay in the relationship alive? Like it makes.
Speaker 2: Peoples can be back soon? He's gonna be back soon?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: This is the point in the program. We'd be like, Amy is Amy back soon?
Speaker 3: Amy? Amy?
Speaker 1: Amy's not here. By the way, we forgot to address that.
Speaker 2: Amy's working because she has a million jobs. Yes, this is just her side hustle you.
Speaker 1: Guys, my uncle. Huh. Okay, So back to Brandon. Yeah, when he goes into the assistant DA's office, he's so cocky.
Speaker 2: He's pretty cocky in this well, it gives.
Speaker 1: Him the right to sit there and be mister I know everything pants to the assistant DA, who begins to be a woman. Loved that, but also hated that the way she was he was speaking to her.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think if I've ever truly seen Brandon vulnerable. I don't know. I know we have moments, but that's kind of the way he speaks for the most part, and I don't.
Speaker 1: What about okay, so when she failed for like five minutes, yeah, and who rush gets him out somehow?
Speaker 2: Wait, I like when you come and he says, we can't touch weird or something, and you guys sit all the way across the table from each other, and they took his belt in his right.
Speaker 1: Something he was watching in that scene was the security of the policeman's eyes in the in the background of Brandon shot, the policeman was like guarding them and his eyes kept going back and forth.
Speaker 2: All I was looking at into your hair and a good way. It really like it really allowed me it being the short to focus on your beautiful eyes. No, it was good, but I was happy.
Speaker 1: Well when he just gets out, when he when the veil is bailed, paid whatever, he comes out of the jail and he says, free at last, Free at last, And it made me angry.
Speaker 2: I can understand that.
Speaker 1: It really like made me shiver because my automatic thought in that moment was like white privilege. Honestly, like he was in jail for five minutes and then he quotes Martin Luther King.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's also nineteen ninety seven, so it's also watching it today with the climate going on now, it really probably angered you.
Speaker 1: It like triggered me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand it made not like Brandon that sucked? Could you end up okay?
Speaker 1: But but there there's a plan in a big takedown of Rigs the pimp guy.
Speaker 2: But I don't even care.
Speaker 1: I know why what show is this? I felt like I was watching what was that shoe, Hill Street Blues or something?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But what yes show?
Speaker 2: I think last week and he said, t J Hooker. But this week I was like, is it lawn or what is it? It's Hill Street, Hill Briggan Blues.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing thing that came to my brain when I was watching.
Speaker 2: It, mixed with a daytime soap opera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a nighttime soap opera.
Speaker 2: No DATAI it is that, and then the like dramatic scenes with like the couples. It felt like the writing like a daytime soap opera in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Brandon and Kelly's sitting in the back of the cop car.
Speaker 2: I just don't know. I wish somebody had said, hey, I feel like the show is changing and it's not doesn't represent.
Speaker 3: What it's the core about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone loves about the show. Let's bring it on back here, I jump. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I don't know why it went on a different train track.
Speaker 2: We felt this way because in real life I remember because here's the thing. I mean, Jen and I stayed to that and we were in all ten seasons and we never gave up feeling like I remember having conversations you, me and Brian like, oh, the scene doesn't it's not flowing, it's not it isn't right. We knew it wasn't right, but we didn't. We know, we didn't. What could we do?
Speaker 1: How do we how do we switch the tracks back?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But we cared, like we really cared till the end. That makes me sad. That makes me really sad.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, we tried, We tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think at a certain point we got we got our back just in time for the ending.
Speaker 2: I felt like season ten, we were yeah, we'll get to that. Yep, we're right, we took it back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, the only thing we have not discussed is Steve. Yeah, you go first.
Speaker 2: What was the scene where he.
Speaker 3: Zero Gill?
Speaker 1: Was it in the in the now no rights.
Speaker 2: Men have no rights.
Speaker 1: They were and he was his vein was popping like he was mad.
Speaker 2: This is the first time I would say this to us. I watched and I was like, I didn't like that performance. I was like, what I wish the director had said, you.
Speaker 1: Have a little more, just a scoche of empathy, think outside yourself for a second. But I guess that's the whole point is that he couldn't see outside himself in the in this right.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind the anger, but it didn't line up with the way it was zip zero zilch is not I'm sorry, dramatic line. It's it's making fun of maybe if he had said, like, can I say something else? But I want to be angry, Like I get the anger, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I didn't. I felt like it kind of was really making him a dick honestly, because yeah, because he offers to pay the baby Mama Jodie, right, Yeah, one thousand dollars a month for if the baby is his, so the he can just pay for it and not have to be a dad.
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, legally if it is your child. Oh and this is where I'm sure this bothered you as well. He kept saying the kid, the kid, and she's like, if it's your child, you're legally responsible to pay monthly. So thanks for the opera, But.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a guy girl thing.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, my kid kid, Yeah, you're right. It bothered me though, just because I love him so much.
Speaker 1: I know we want to protect him. Yeah, but it's hard to in this this storyline because he's a real dick.
Speaker 2: He's a scared little boy, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then you find out when he goes to talk to his dad about yea good advice about maybe you find out that his dad did the same thing.
Speaker 3: He's like, well then I came around like a few weeks later.
Speaker 1: But it's weird, how you know, history repeats itself in the family, whether you.
Speaker 3: Know it or not.
Speaker 1: Let me acknowledge it, see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's lenian to just keep ingreened in our DNA.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Carly saying I'm here for you the whole time? Always like supporting him being someone else's baby daddy? Realistic? Not realistic?
Speaker 2: I mean realistic would be you and I wing in if we were in that situation, what would we.
Speaker 1: Feel I guess it kind of made me like her more because being that she is a mom and a good mom, she would want that for her child, right, so it kind of made me like her more.
Speaker 2: Yes, all I could think of when I was watching though, I thought she looked great, and I was like, gosh, I just they have no chemistry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like it's from his.
Speaker 2: Side, so I think he didn't feel like he had chemistry with the character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel it at all, And.
Speaker 2: I think I wonder if that had any like, do you think he expressed himself to the producers do you think that had any play in them being like, yeah, we don't feel it either.
Speaker 1: I mean that happens. We saw that happen with Kelly.
Speaker 2: Right with Dalton James. You didn't have chemistry. It's very important that their key characters have chemistry with the people they're bringing on. So if Ian felt like he and Hillary didn't have chemistry, that's a.
Speaker 1: Big problem, big problem.
Speaker 2: Should we ask him?
Speaker 1: We should? We can't because he's in France right now. Yes, Stars France from Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Ro I saw on Instagram where he was. He had like because they have different teams compete different weeks, so he must have had a little time off or something, because he was popping home to see his girls and his girlfriend and I was like, oh my gosh, it's so tiring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a long trip for like two days down.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, takes a lot of effort. Yeah, keep the family together in the Yeah. Well that's all I have to say about this episode. What do you give it?
Speaker 2: If there had been something ABCD, even an e storyline that felt reminiscent of nine or two and zer, I would be okay. But it was really tough getting through this episode. I feel like it's I don't know, I give it. I'm gonna go We're gonna give it last week at four or that's what I was thinking for I'm sorry. Yeah, it's getting worse for me. And just because now every episode's this way and it's like.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I don't feel emotionally connected to the characters the way I did.
Speaker 2: No, because they're not really them anymore. That's important like somebody else's device.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I hope it gets better. Does it get better? You guys? Is it going to get better? Like back to the show, we loved. Yes, yes, right, we.
Speaker 2: Have two and a half more seasons.
Speaker 1: It'll get better, you guys, it will get better. There is hope.
Speaker 2: Is Jason leaving right after this is the sin?
Speaker 1: I think he's there for a couple in the beginning of nine?
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, well maybe nine?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 1: We're only in episode eleven. How many episodes were in season eight? I wonder was it like thirty.
Speaker 2: Three thirty four because thirty two.
Speaker 1: Thirty two close? But yes, he does come back for a couple of episodes in the beginning of nine, so we have him for the rest of the season, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: So he leaves the beginning of nine and Dylan comes back. Greene says episode eight, I like that idea. Oh no, so they're not even on at the same time.
Speaker 1: Rough, rough, but at least have one or the other.
Speaker 2: I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I'll pay.
Speaker 1: We gave it low scores, but hopefully next week.
Speaker 3: What do you think Amy would have given it?
Speaker 1: Amy would have given it higher? No, she would have given it a five.
Speaker 3: No chance, I want to ask you next week.
Speaker 2: No, because she's such a hardcore fan that she'll be like I hated it, but I loved it. Anyway, I still love it.
Speaker 1: It sure. Next week, y'all, we have episode twelve of season eight. It's called Friends in Deed d e E d Indeed like the Deed of the peach Pit perhaps.
Speaker 2: Which I don't like because we know it's now it's gonna be Hill Street Blues and Law and Order order again because they're talking about a deed.
Speaker 1: But Noah's taking over the peach Pit after dark?
Speaker 2: Right, oh right, right? Right?
Speaker 1: Shall we find out? I say we shall.
Speaker 2: We have no choice. We're going to find out. Well, we're in this for the long run, like a like a life.
Speaker 1: Fels possible way. So yeah, it's gonna get better.
Speaker 2: You guys, we promise.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks,