Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at.
Speaker 3: The Star in Friscoll.
Speaker 4: Scus dot twenty touchdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen of Cowboys Nation. I don't care what the record is. I don't care how the season is going. I don't care if you're sitting at home on the couch, or you're in the gym, or you're doing something.
Speaker 3: Productive today with your Friday.
Speaker 4: It's going to be and it will always be from this point an ever more forward day with your chest for Friday. Here on Talking Cowboys Present Black Rifle Coffee Company line from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 3: In the s w b C Studios.
Speaker 4: We've got Patrick ho c W Chosh Rodery again. Let's I say a stand back Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Let's get fired up for.
Speaker 3: Bring it.
Speaker 4: In the middle of that open we broke not only the mic stand but we also my head set is like not working correctly. This is all great. I can hear all of you guys winning went well, how's everybody doing?
Speaker 5: Excellent? Man, Friday, what's that?
Speaker 3: Dude? We say freestyle Friday? Say what your chess Friday Friday? They rus guys. Yeah, this big back Friday's Big Friday.
Speaker 4: Big back Friday.
Speaker 3: Don't judge a boy, don't judge a boy. I came here to pity. I'm definitely leaving two pitty three.
Speaker 6: Definitely leaving to you consider the considering. Yesterday you were chastising me for the cupcake. I hadn't tell you this is big back Friday. Okay, yeah Friday. Yeah, now for that cupcake yesterday?
Speaker 7: You come in with the You gotta go with the deadlifts after this, man, I'm definitely working out to all them carbs.
Speaker 3: You have to have nothing a plate full of carbs.
Speaker 5: What are you deadlifting these days?
Speaker 3: I don't lift heavy no more. Man, My back jacked up.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately it's jacked up, and you're in your prime over you're deadlifting.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a heavy dadlifting bro.
Speaker 5: Really I'm not either, But I mean i've bench pressed.
Speaker 6: I like hand clean. I was a hand clean guy. I was bench pressed guy. I learned to respect the squad. I mean I like the squad. I respected the squad.
Speaker 7: I was when I was looking up defense yesterday, the Commanders Defense drawn. Playing in college deadlifted six hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 5: Bro, my best is like.
Speaker 3: Two o five. That's not but that's a safe to five.
Speaker 5: That's not like a that's not like.
Speaker 6: Max getting after it to on our competitor, Like, go look up Eckler's lifts.
Speaker 3: Really one of the strongest dues in the league.
Speaker 6: Really, Eckler is a freaking, freaking little powerhouse.
Speaker 4: You got to know him a little bit during the broadcast camp right to work with him a little.
Speaker 6: He's good people. He's good people. Yeah, Eckler's cool. He's you would you would walk? I mean he looks like he's in shape type of dude, but he don't look like he's as strong as he is.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know. He's how it goes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes some of the strongest people don't necessarily look like on this video.
Speaker 3: It's insane.
Speaker 4: It's the guys that worked out in the hoodies.
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't actually see it because they don't really want you to see it.
Speaker 3: Correct. Yeah, sleep that's the sleeper strength.
Speaker 6: Why, that's why guys sleeper bild sleep car Guy Reffords.
Speaker 5: Bhilly Elish, all right, good stuff man, six thirty five.
Speaker 4: That's a lot for the record College.
Speaker 6: All three of these guys are on the three hundred milligrams right now. So if you're wondering at any point in this episode why they're tweaking so hard, just way cheers every.
Speaker 4: Teams on it.
Speaker 3: If you wanted to black, I hit the.
Speaker 4: Desk and my headset started working again.
Speaker 5: So that's like the old Endo car.
Speaker 3: So you just like old everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, get.
Speaker 3: You're gonna put it in the shirt and blow. Yeah. Yeah. You fix TV in back in the day, that's how you fix cars back in the day. The Cowboys wish this that was that was how they would fix or season. Would you hit listen? Who would you hit like on the on the Nintendo? No, you just hit the table in it and your your hid who sorry working?
Speaker 6: We hit the TV and a work hit the car and it Who would you hit on the Cowboys and make it start working again?
Speaker 8: I would find any of these guys, they're getting hit already them to get hit any further, I would say I would I would wave the magic wand and I would miraculously make da healthy again.
Speaker 6: All right, that would be my I'm a question for you guys, got these guys. If you guys had to do a Oklahoma drill, who do you guys? Who would you guys call out on the team to do Oklahoma drill?
Speaker 4: Explain for that.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma drills where you laying your back, let's go Isaiah, head to head.
Speaker 6: There's paths on both sides, and so you pretty much have like a little tunnel that you have to go through.
Speaker 4: Right one, guys, football, one guy's trying to tackle.
Speaker 3: You, and you're trying to run through each other's.
Speaker 4: Face, but you can't get outside and outside the boundary you got, you're literally going straight ahead.
Speaker 3: There's no avoidance.
Speaker 6: I would.
Speaker 3: I would pick it, by the way, That's what.
Speaker 5: I would pick it.
Speaker 7: For everybody else to see this the result of this, Oh so diggy.
Speaker 3: Don't just see everybody else.
Speaker 7: I would call it because I would do it for the viewing experience of everybody else. I would take the hit, Yes you would, and wow, for the enjoyment of everybody else.
Speaker 5: For you who's paying your medical bill, cheer hill.
Speaker 3: Medical see who you calling out?
Speaker 6: You on the team, on the team, I mean we can make that app I don't know, man, we can do these guys. I mean, I'm I'm in shape. Those guys and machines though.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Let me take.
Speaker 6: I want a defensive player because they can. I know they their former is going to be right, they will be formidable. Let me get tell about somebody punches above his weight.
Speaker 4: J lou Me. I was gonna say, Joe.
Speaker 3: Me and Jordan Oklahoma drill. Let's go, let's go. I will pay the price of admission for that one. Let's go get me. You're gonna say Brandon Aubrey or Brandon bright Anger. I would be scared of both of those guys.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the way that they like do other things outside of football?
Speaker 5: Brandon Aubrey's I literally ran into Brian Inger the other day.
Speaker 3: Solid dude. Solid. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I could just picture somebody calling out Brandon Aubrey. So he pops up as soon as you come out, and he just kicks the hell out of you, exactly right in the chest.
Speaker 3: Plate. You just go flying fifteen.
Speaker 7: Yard awkward like I'm this way, You're going this way?
Speaker 4: Bam, Like Turpin would still hit me pretty good, but at least I have like six three and two forty to work on them, whereas Turpin is just smaller, so I'm not still feeling I am sixty three two No, c would be like chriss On Rush speaky, which when you got six three mills, when you'll kicked me?
Speaker 3: Which one y'all kicked me? Which I'm probably calling out Micah.
Speaker 6: Oh Okay, I want to challenge that we're about the same size. Yeah, fair, about the same size, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, it's similar more Actually, I actually I way.
Speaker 3: More than my crazy You also have the same mass. Yeah, I'm kind of family.
Speaker 6: Mass with I'm about the size of the shape of Si Man. Yes, with the mass itself might be equal. They see me and Jlu Jaylu and now we're about the same size. And I know he punches above his weight, so sixty forty in his favor, maybe even sixty five thirty five.
Speaker 3: But I have a fighting chance. I have a puncher's chance in that baby.
Speaker 6: Out of those yeah, out of those choices, who do you think has a greater probability over under to win their their matchup?
Speaker 4: Who's going against p p Okay, that'd be Kyle.
Speaker 9: I'd say, Kyle, I mean because I mean, I'm Patrick. I love you, Bro, but but but let me tell you something, bro Ja, Jay Lou got guy, not that dog.
Speaker 4: Bro, I know that's why I want.
Speaker 5: You're talking to a Georgia bulldog.
Speaker 3: Facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he got a lot of puppies in that guy.
Speaker 3: There's a really good chance thing, Poppy.
Speaker 6: There's a really good chance that Jordan wins that Oklahoma Trilligans, a very good chance. But it is far from one hundred. That's all I'm saying. So if he if he comes in underestimating his opponent ninety eight percent, Jay Lou, that's just respect. Sorry, he's a professional.
Speaker 3: That's virtually you know, I know nothing. What are the betting odds on that?
Speaker 10: Talk to you instead would be he said, like sixty, come in, take something in the gym, writing articles on the bench for us, like I'm actually working, Beamer.
Speaker 3: What's what's the betting odds on that will be more than two percent? Dude?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry his chances would but come on, ninety eight.
Speaker 5: Not a betting show here, dude.
Speaker 3: I know That's why louis No, I don't need him and I already.
Speaker 4: Project off season.
Speaker 3: Project. No I'm not saying, but what happened is no put up. Please listen, please, please ask real you think?
Speaker 4: Please you know I will, I can't please.
Speaker 3: It'll be It'll be some because it's Murphy's lost season.
Speaker 6: It will be some weird stuff like he'll win the drill and while he's celebrating winning it, he'll like twist his You know something, you said you a flat liner that that's not what I said. But that's that's not everybody at Lewis Patrick. That's not what I didn't say. So George is always open.
Speaker 9: Someone clipped us, come on down and just George Lewis in places.
Speaker 3: Give me some come for this. I'm not the one that called out Michael. Yeah. I don't have a problem with that, right and I don't have a problem call that.
Speaker 6: Give me speed, speed, give power literally running circles around you for sure, and then I'll down.
Speaker 3: But at least I'm not getting hurt. I've got a family to go home too. Can we get some news for the chi three babies? Go? All right? News?
Speaker 6: And not so deron Bland again, I said, put a pin in that. We'll see if he gets three full days of participation for the first time since suffering the stress fracture in his foot. He has two days in now, so he was a full participant on yesterday Thursday's practice, and yesterday was shells and helmets, so it was an actual practice, not just to walk through. Deron Bland is trending towards potentially making his twenty twenty four debut.
Speaker 3: I know, Isaiah, I'm right there with you on that one. Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 6: He continued in a limited capacity, so no set back there physically, saying for Marshawn Neelan also limited both days. They're trending in the right direction. We'll see how that goes if one if either of those guys are activated to the roster, expect them to take the seat that will be vacated shortly by Marquise Bell, who is going to be placed on season ending IR with that shoulder that he needs surgically repaired.
Speaker 3: Ceedee Lamb some bad news. We will see how this goes.
Speaker 6: He was downgraded from limited on Wednesday to did not participate on Thursday. He's dealing with both a back and a foot issue.
Speaker 3: And that's not even talking about the joint.
Speaker 6: Just keeping mind on the shoulders not completely healthy either, so wide receiver one is definitely dealing with some things. Hunter Libke on a positive note, he was upgraded from DNP on Wednesday. He was a participant in practice on Thursday, albeit in a limited capacity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not.
Speaker 6: So much for the news that comes now because Zach Mark neither Zach Martin nor Tyler Smith have practiced yet this week. Both have been DMP Wednesday and Thursday. Both are dealing with ankle injuries. Zach has both of his ankles injured and he's dealing with the shoulder issue. Tyler Smith has one ankle but also the need So neither of two of the three starting offensive linemen that have injury concerns have practiced this week. Tyler Guidon has, but you also have to keep in mind that shoulder issue is not going away, and it's on a short week. So even if he can take the field, how many snaps can you, you know, attribute to him or is this really a situation like two weeks ago where he practiced, practice, practiced and then they chose to hold him out and then that's when Austin Richards had a solid day. So we'll see how that goes. Nonetheless, you're you will likely be without at least one starting offensive lineman, but depending on how the next two days go, you could be without two or three.
Speaker 7: As a former third string guard, I would argue that you probably need both ankles to you arguably Himah, probably need both angles of those.
Speaker 3: That's what God gave you both.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but that's only my experience as a third string.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's deep experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you were Gord, that's why you're calling that the defensive line, and you want to see if you still got the Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's true. You've got a percent chance five percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then they said greater than he's going to never, he's going to destroy your anchor, like he's going to uproot you.
Speaker 3: And then that's it. Your hands won't matter.
Speaker 5: Then come for it. Anime boy, Hey, hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, anime boys and girls rock out.
Speaker 4: Of those individuals, who do you feel like it's most likely to see some.
Speaker 3: Time just some offensive line of line.
Speaker 6: Man, I think Zach is going to try to go out on his shield, dude, I really do.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be Tyler Guidon.
Speaker 6: I think Zach and Tyler Smith didn't sound after that game as if he was planning to miss this game. Yeah, we'll see if that holds true. But he sounded like he's going to play. Zach Martin. I don't think that he's he should play physically. I really don't think that he's We talked about that, right. But if this is in fact his swan song, which it likely is, I think he's trying to go out on his shield and.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want that.
Speaker 6: He doesn't want that last play to potentially be his final play in the NFL and for the Cowboys, So I think he's going to try to get back on the field. Tyler Guiden's a different situation because while he's fighting to get back on the field, like I said a couple of weeks ago, we've seen him practice, practice, practice, and then be held back because his shoulder is just too troublesome right now. So yeah, I think of those three, Tyler Goyiton might be the most likely to miss.
Speaker 3: We'll see, Isaiah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 6: But I have a question about the opposing teams, thank sure injury report.
Speaker 3: I need to know is Lattimore playing Marshawn Laimore at the hand? Probably not, probably not. So let's you find some.
Speaker 4: Not yet he's not.
Speaker 3: There's no way he's playing.
Speaker 6: So we'll we'll run through their injury report really really really quickly. During Songstrong was on there but full participate in both times, so he's healthy.
Speaker 3: He's fine.
Speaker 6: Nickole Loure knee issue linebacker, did not practice on Wednesday, limited on Thursday. Let's see who else feral did not practice the injury. Dante Fowler was limited with a hip injury. No Bnogany limited limited, so he'll be fun. Jean Baptiste defensive end full full, he'll be fun. A lot more we just talked about. Hasn't practiced this week with a hammy, so odds are he won't play, but you know he might do well today for Dan Quinn and that medical staff, so we're not sure. And Ben sinnat tight end illness. He was back at practice. So the headliner there is gonna be. Yeah, headliner there really is is like he.
Speaker 7: Hasn't been the guy that the because I know the Ters drafted him in the first round. Fourth overall, he hasn't been He hasn't lived up to that expectation. But and he's not playing necessarily great for the Commanders, I know.
Speaker 6: But he's a space taker upper. It could be he just allows he allows Armstrong and Dante Fowler to do what they do. Yeah, could be a game where potentially you get Brandon Cooks back and they won't have Marshon Lettamore. So I mean, I if it happens in that order, then at least got something working in your favor.
Speaker 4: Out of the three guys that we've talked about already this week, Cooks, then Niland and Dron Bland. Do you think all three of those guys play or you're gonna get maybe a mixture.
Speaker 6: I think all three have a good shot at playing. I just keep putting the pen in Darron Bland because it happened last time. Even the last time. It's like fool me once, all right, you're not gonna fool me again. So although he didn't foo me last time because I didn't have to eat my mac, they really didn't play them and I didn't think they would. Neeland looks good. Cooks has been champing at this bit for like three three weeks now. I think that did.
Speaker 3: Not kick in. Was that was that the stomach that was not it was not all right? All right, man, everybody at home?
Speaker 4: I heard that.
Speaker 6: I think that from this you probably get you could get three, but I think you'd likely get two of the three, mix and match however you choose. I think you get two of the three, but it's possible to get all three.
Speaker 3: That would be good.
Speaker 4: I would love to see all three back on the field and see at least some resemblance of what this football team was supposed to look like down the.
Speaker 7: Line, and if not this week, most likely Thanksgiving, because you only have four days.
Speaker 6: I'm here for man Shawn because he's a rookie. He needs to reps. I want to see the development. I'm even here for Brandon Cooks. He's not in the contract next year. Let's just have some fun.
Speaker 4: I don't see who is at this point.
Speaker 6: I don't look at it as taking a year off at this point because if it's taken you if initially the progagnosis forty six, we're about twelve eight, we're about twelve ish calendar weeks in, and well.
Speaker 3: He suffered a setback. Correct, that's what happened. Correct? Yeah, So are you willing?
Speaker 6: Are you willing to risk another setback that could maybe be worse and cost him the start of the off season program in a pivotal year for him next year. So that's where I mean, I don't think it's taking the year off. It's just risk versus reward. And I'm just it's different because marshaw Nland, he's a rookiet him out there. Get him some reps to Ron Bland. We know what you are. If you go out there and you have a great last seven games, even and nothing goes wrong, great, but still was it worth the risk because what did you get? You didn't get in the playoffs for so, decisions, decisions, decisions and decisions guys.
Speaker 7: Like I know, we're all right, we're considering the draft, the draft and the pick that we're going to have. But is a part of you just like, let's just win a damn game, you know, Like I think that's that's that's that's dominating. A big part of how I feel is that, like, yeah, I get the idea of tanking. Not that anybody's gonna do that on this team. I'm just mean, ic from the fan perspective, I'm like, let's win a damn game, dude, and if it be if it's against dan Quinn, all the better.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, Hey, divisional tanking here.
Speaker 5: No, No, it'd be organic.
Speaker 7: It's a fan thing, right, It's definitely a fan thing, and it's and it's a media thing to talk about tanking, of course.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, if.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the last seven games of the schedule and you're thinking tanking is going to get you anything in terms of an extra draft pick or a higher draft pick, it's really not.
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 4: Winnable seven game stretch. This is the toughest game, and then the final game of the regular season against Washington are the two tough ext games you have left on your schedule in Philadelphia. Here's what those are, organic ways.
Speaker 6: The teams that are going to provide you problems are teams that are heavy loaded in terms of offense, and your defense is getting their guys back. So people need to look at from that perspective. And let me just help people with the idea. The word tinking is utilized only on the fans side of things, Okay, the word uh and me checking out, that's different that. That's probably the term that's utilized inside the locker room. Right, That's what you have to be concerned about. So, guys, aren't tank you guys are are not going into it. Things stopped going, stopped going well, and it just gets really bad. Okay for whatever reason for any team, this team or any team, you just realize there's no hope of playoffsers just the years just just gone to crap. Okay, guys, don't tank, Guys check out, true, guys start counting checks. There's only one tank in the locker. Yeah, DeMarcus, he's back in the locker room. Back, he's back on the practice back in the locker room. He's on the practice field, not one day window. He's not working in rehabitings, walking, he's he was out there.
Speaker 3: He has reappeared and he was in a jersey.
Speaker 5: Yes, you've been really quiet since his injury.
Speaker 3: Thing is that's so he left left, No, he was, he was, he was separated.
Speaker 6: When you when you're getting with an injury, you don't appear in the locker room.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this. This is what we've talked.
Speaker 6: Dek's not been in the locker room since his injury, and you're just not around.
Speaker 3: They don't make you available. So yeah, I'm not team Tank.
Speaker 6: I'm team or it's going to organically happen anyway at this point, I just want to have some fun, man, I just want to have some fun.
Speaker 3: Well, let's have some fun here in this next segment. How about that.
Speaker 4: We've got High five. This is not the article that's going to come out, but I've got a better This is a Talking Cowboys exclusive, is what it is. It's a Talking Cowboys exclusive for High Five Today. Which current Cowboys defender would benefit from dan Quinn's scheme the most this year if he were to still be here, Cowboy, we'll talk about it right more Talking Cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, secure.
Speaker 2: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back, you're on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. It's to say it with your chest Friday.
Speaker 3: You know why that you know what that means?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I means you should buy your oats.
Speaker 5: On the internet. It's code in the left hand corner.
Speaker 3: Quake ar baby, there, quick, wakar baby, You're just completely done away with quick car code. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: We always reference it.
Speaker 3: I'm not okay.
Speaker 6: I'm not okay with it either, Jeez, use a quack card code in the jos Josh is checked out.
Speaker 7: Oh you're no, No, I'm tanking it.
Speaker 3: Oh you hate to see it. Not on a quake card code.
Speaker 4: Talk get a better man, welcome back.
Speaker 3: I need the brow. This is going to affect our oil depth. We're losing our Thirstring Gord.
Speaker 4: That's unfortunately now we're tanking cowboys, not talking cowboys. No it never never, never ever.
Speaker 3: Let's win it. Never let go or have some fun losing.
Speaker 4: High five Today on Dallas Cowboys dot Com, the.
Speaker 6: Thought, oh, if we had to do an Oklahoma drill against another podcast platform, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting into that right now. We would win all of them. So Kyle versus Barry.
Speaker 4: Zero, oh zero, I would stand a better chance of beating Berry George. I wouldn't. I would actually he would break me in half, but I would have an eighty eight percent as opposed to.
Speaker 13: Not now.
Speaker 4: Talking Jordan Lewis would snap you in half. Give me Nikki, he would snap you in half. Absolutely, he snappers bigger more in the past, said.
Speaker 3: Above, his cyclers could come Jesse versus Mick up stop? Why would quite literally elder abuse Chris.
Speaker 4: I caught that reference. I caught that reference. That's good, all right, uh high five on Dallas Cowboys dot Com later today's topic is going to be centered around Dan Quinn, of course, the reunion with Dan Quinn. He is the current head coach of the Washington Commanders, him former Blizzard YEP former defensive coordinator here in Dallas. Dallas has faced a former coordinator or head coach with another team eleven times in the past. Former coordinator who's now a head coach I opposed a red franchise. There are two wins, yeah, eight losses and one tie. There are two eight and one and those eleven matches swallow, Yeah, not great, not great. Their only wins came against uh Dave Dave Wannastett back in nineteen ninety six and nineteen eighty six against Dan Reeves.
Speaker 3: Those are the two times they have won.
Speaker 4: They've lost their last Yeah, they've lost their last six against guys like Bill Callahan, Mike zer Zimmer, uh To Sperano, Ran Gaily Soprano, but Butch Davis and Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 3: They've lost all those matchups.
Speaker 4: So this is uh, good, coach man. Just when you think as a team you're riled up to face dan Quinn, dan Quinn is just as much so riled up to face the Dallas. He is ready for this matchup. I want to go back in time a little bit. Let's let's reverse it to this past offseason. Let's say dan Quinn does not leave Dallas. Let's say he's still the defensive coordinator for twenty twenty four. Out of what you've seen this year, in the ten games of film that we've seen to this point, with this roster, with this current roster, injured or not, we will throw everyone on the table here who would benefit more from dan Quinn sticking around for an extra year and being a part of this team, this current roster as opposed to too, sir, what we're seeing now.
Speaker 3: Is Donovan Wilson. Okay, it is Donovan Wilson.
Speaker 6: Donovan Wilson is two different people in the dan Quinn system versus the Mike zimmer sist And if you've watched Talking Cowboys, which I know you have because it's the best best podcast going right Oklahoma Facts three hundred million.
Speaker 3: I told you all ahead of that.
Speaker 6: Let's go d basing off these caffeine Donovan Wilson and Mike Zimmer system. He's being asked to cover more too high safety. He's being asked to play backwards and laterally where his strength that.
Speaker 3: In the box. That's where his moxie has come.
Speaker 6: That's what made him famous with Cowboys Nation and within this building, that's what earned him that big contract. Downhill, he's seeking missile, see ball, get ball, see guy, hit guy.
Speaker 3: That's not what's happening.
Speaker 6: So if you want me to get more in depth into that, go back and watch some of the other episodes over the past few weeks. Butottom line is Donovan Wilson because dan Quinn asked him to play forward, Mike Zimmer is asking him to play backward.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, not that what you got?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: This is seems pretty easy to me because he was on dan Quinns squad last year.
Speaker 5: Oh he didn't get to play.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm yet again going with the Marvin overshow Oh, I feel like in dan Quinns system he was going to thrive, especially last year when you had no linebacker depth whatsoever. And obviously he went down in the preseason and that was obviously rough. However, you use to Marvin Overshown in dan Quinn's scheme. I think he.
Speaker 5: Loves tall range.
Speaker 7: You guys like that that are able to get from sideline to sideline incredibly fast, and that is obviously what you have with the Marvin overshroon, who's a very much a splash player. He's able to get downfield incredibly fast. To me in dan quinn system he would drive.
Speaker 4: Two things stick out for me on that specifically. One that's a credit to the versatility of the Marvin overshow and the fact that within two different systems you would expect either similar or better production out of it. The second thing there is it's kind of sad because he was drafted by a dan Quinn led defense.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 4: When the draft process was underway and you were getting into the weeds in terms of the twenty twenty three NFL draft, dan Quinn was the guy who wanted Demarvey and Overshown to be in the building because of the length, the speed, the acceleration, the downhill ability and the coverage ability for that matter, Because of the versatility that he has from a skill set standpoint. So I would have loved to see him in that system, and we just didn't get a chance to see it because of the injury.
Speaker 5: You had to see it in glimpses.
Speaker 4: Of preseason, and he was hype, And honestly, what he's done this year has proven that that hype was not a fluke. Now there's a lot of times the training camp pipe is a fluke, no doubt in media fans, whoever's out there does over hype a certain player.
Speaker 3: That one was not over hype.
Speaker 4: He was the real deal going into that year, and even after the injury, he's still the real deal, which proves that I think that hype was pretty accurate along the way.
Speaker 3: But that's a good one as well, both of those great picks.
Speaker 6: I just caught that point in your rundown where you said Isaiah can't say a certain name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't say a certain I've barred here. That is hilarious, not letting you derail this segment this time. But are you gonna say ce d Lamb here? Because it doesn't actually matter, doesn't fit into the digs.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, And the reason why is Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 6: I like this is because of the fact that this defense was a lot more aggressive, and this defense was a lot more in your face, and his defense was a lot more Hey, Trayvon's Island type of deal. You came to that side, he was gonna be in your hip pocket. He wasn't going to be sitting in zone waiting for people to come to his space. I think he's a lesser player in this system. That's just facts.
Speaker 5: Well, the turnovers aren't there.
Speaker 6: He's a less less he's less impactful in the system. And if there's ever, if anybody ever has a question as to how important a system is to the productivity of a player, regardless of the player's abilities, this should give you a clear picture.
Speaker 7: Do you think the results would be different if den Blam's on the other side this whole season?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Really, No, I think it would.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think I agree with Isaiah, especially in talking with Trayvon, and Trayvon hasn't done anything that blame the scheme or throwing zimm.
Speaker 3: Under the bus.
Speaker 6: That's not for nobody has But if you listen to Trayvon breaking down why the takeaways haven't been occurring, you start to understand it's because he's not schemed in ways that test him to take the ball away and just put it that way. So I think I agree with Isaiah on this one. I think that's a good pick.
Speaker 4: It is a good pick. And I also don't want to sit here and say Trayvon's had a bad year.
Speaker 3: No, no, And I know you're not. I know you're not. But the.
Speaker 4: General consensus as if you're not getting picks, you're not playing well. And I don't think that's the case with Trayvon Dicks. He's never been one that's going to score high on all these other websites like Pro Football Focus is the number one that it just does not like to grade highly for Trayvon Diggs. But when you turn on the film, he makes an impact because teams don't want.
Speaker 3: To throw his direction correct and especially.
Speaker 4: With the Ron Bland not being available on the opposite side, teams continuously throw away from Trayvon Digs.
Speaker 3: They don't go that way a whole lot.
Speaker 7: And I would challenge you with this though, do you think that Calin Carson wouldn't benefit more than Trayvon Diggs With dan Quinn's I.
Speaker 6: Think this entire secondary would benefit great greater under coach Quinn.
Speaker 4: He was a secondary first coach though, I mean he brought pressure.
Speaker 3: Don't give me.
Speaker 6: The personalities in the skill sets of the defensive backs that Dan Quinn has always coach has been in your face, I'm talking mess hip pocket, I'm going where to heck you go? Type of attitude, type of guys. That's who he likes. He likes those personalities. He likes those guys. He likes dogs, and he likes dogs because he puts those guys position to say, Hey, this is I'm putting you out there by yourself. You have to you have to have the confidence go out there and handle this because I'm going to get this quarterback. And by going to get this quarterback, they're going to have less time to throw the ball. So when they do throw the ball, out of fear or out of the fact that Mic or whoever else is chasing on there behind, they're going to throw the ball up and it's gonna be not as accurate as it once was going to be had they had opportunity to sit back there in confidence and throw the ball. So there are more opportunities right and there it goes to takeaways, so there's not there's not as much of.
Speaker 3: That this year. And that's just the facts. That's just the facts. That's not that's not the evidence, is there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: We're eleven games into this thing, or ten games into this, so that's what it is. I think dan Quinn's defense allowed for it, and the statistics back it up. We're averaging almost two turnovers a game, one point eight however you want to almost two turnover was a game a game, not even averagely one right now, and most of those who come into form an interception. It wasn't just fumbles, it was mostly interceptions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, science especially on this in that secondary with both Bland and digs It's it's pretty crazy. My pick would be Osa a Digizua.
Speaker 3: That was my backup hi on the on the defensive line.
Speaker 4: I mean, and again we're not saying these guys are playing poorly because of their in what they're asked to do, but through the scheme, he was a dan Quinn scheme guy. And there's a reason why he only has the two sacks this year. There's a reason why he's taking a significant drop off in terms of his overall ability. I mean, I just production rather yeah, production rather, I was looking at just rankings, And I know I just used Pro Football Focus, but they have the rankings all the way through from their grades. Last year, he was great in nineteenth out one hundred and thirty defensive lineman one hundred and thirty defensive line of mean is nineteenth. Right now he's forty fifth out of one sixteenth, So.
Speaker 3: That's drop off on his grades.
Speaker 4: And I think when you look at the film there too, and you watch the all twenty two, he just doesn't have the same impact play in and play out.
Speaker 3: He still has flashes.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why he still has those two sacks. I think dan Quinn would utilize him as a pass rusher better than what he's been asked to do this year. Just four sacks last year.
Speaker 6: This is just for comparisons, Okay, So again we're not speaking to these guys' abilities to make plays or their effort on in their playing. In Dan's dan Quinn's scheme, the interior defensive linemen are penetrators, yes, meaning that your job is to get skinny and get behind the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: That's what we want you to put pressure. Put pressure.
Speaker 6: We want you guys getting there from the interior line position. The defensive ends go do their due, and they go out there and isolate the tackles, and then we're going to try to consume the center somehow, some way with the linebackers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: You guys seen it last year, Mike is standing up isolated center. We've seen it a bunch of times. In a Tipico Mike Zimmer scheme, the interior defensive linemen are typically bigger, right, first thing that he did was what try to find some big boys, Shan Phillips, Joseph right, the three hundred plus. Yeah, right, he got those guys because that's what I was up to. I'm sure he did. Okay, So those that's the he gets those guys because in his scheme, right, in a Mike Zimmer scheme, he wants those guys to isolate the office lineman by simply grabbing and holding grab him and hold him right, grab him and hold him right, and let the linebackers flow. Just don't let my guys get up. Don't let the lineman get up to the second level, because the stars of my defense is the linebackers, right, ek right, So that's that is the stars of his scheme. So the interior guys are less important. In terms of penetrating. I don't want you to try to get vertical because I don't want you to allow these guys to get past you and get up to the second level. I need you to go up there to gap it, hold these guys and let other guys.
Speaker 3: Go make place.
Speaker 6: That's not to say that you're not going to make plays, but that's not that's not your primary. So based on scheme alone, that's where we're speaking to. When the fans are listening to us right now, these guys are being asked to do different things, same abilities, sing gifts and talents, but they're not being utilized.
Speaker 4: We got to take a break. Give us a call if you want to represent the fans. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Our Pickham segment is coming up next. We've got some potential dogs, We've got some pick'ms, straight up, give us a call. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven more talking cowboys. Right after this.
Speaker 11: Puppies, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles peru. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 4: Reliable.
Speaker 2: Secure five G requires CAMPAPA plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Seeatt dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 14: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster cankooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gears now available stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored. Quality assurance, message data rates, addtional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show is brought to you by in visial Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. We're all smiles because we get to talk to cowboys nation here in a moment represent the fans. Pickhem segment.
Speaker 3: We have a content, Yes we do. Actually we'll get you hooked up. Yeah about them, I got one, you get fixed up.
Speaker 4: It was honestly, and this is they are not paying me any extra.
Speaker 3: I promise I know you did it. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: It was the best thing I've ever done in terms of my teeth and just the overall everything was fantastic. So yes, I could not recommend it.
Speaker 3: That I got.
Speaker 4: You got it. Here's Chris Beamer, so quick, Chris, real quick, real quick. All right, all right, I'm on the camera, right all right. Yes, So you guys are giving me a note.
Speaker 9: You give me a hard time last week, yesterday about pumpkin.
Speaker 4: Dip ob last night. Let's give it. Ah, my wife made it for you last night. Try try it if it was you that made it, bro it smells delicious. Trying it out, You're gonna get a real I will take those from you. Try the pumpkin dip with the nilty I'm doing hefty here. I'm gonna try your reactions here. Try the pumpkin dip. It smells, it sounds like cream, cheese and pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Bamer. Yeah, don't show your wife this.
Speaker 6: I was going to face. I'll tell you right now. I don't like pumpkin. So this reaction period.
Speaker 4: Take mine full first, because I don't know I like.
Speaker 3: Reaction. No, that's delicious.
Speaker 4: No, see, come on, Bud, what do you think that is super good?
Speaker 3: Nila waf was a You didn't You didn't dip it. I did it.
Speaker 6: I didn't give me.
Speaker 3: Give me a scoop. He's not a pumpkin's delicious.
Speaker 4: You're not a pumpkin guy. But you went for a second super pump because didn't not super pumpkiny.
Speaker 6: It's not super pumpkiny over the top, more a wafer than I had did.
Speaker 3: Let me tout it up. Well, that's why you gotta go half to you with it. Give me the back. That was good. I'm gonna take this home, Bamber.
Speaker 4: Thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Bamer, and thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, Isaiah, what do you think but a light pumpkin?
Speaker 3: It's super good, super good, very nicely done. All right, you know me, I will tell you.
Speaker 4: I know you will. We've got a hustle up on a REDI hustle on these standings. Patrick is still in the lead. And guess what the fans are creeping?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 9: Patrick with forty seven points on the year. Fans got forty four. They took a two. They jumped two people. That would be Kyle and Josh this week and the reason why it is the last week Justin and San Justin San Antonio. Justin and San Antonio went four and two, but he got the bonus.
Speaker 3: You got the dog.
Speaker 9: He got the dogs pick of dogs and three people got the dogs. This week would be the one dog in the room and then the second dog in the room. Yep, Isaiah picked Seattle beat San Francisco last week.
Speaker 3: You know we tried.
Speaker 9: Only problem is stand back, you're still in last place?
Speaker 6: Hold on oy, Yeah, not complaining about the dog this week?
Speaker 3: Are I still got six weeks? All right?
Speaker 4: We got hearty thanks Beamer and Beemer's bullets in every week. Here I'm talking Cowboys, Tony and El so you are on the line.
Speaker 3: What's going on, Tony?
Speaker 4: How's it going?
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 8: Said?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Hear me talking em actually going to class right now here.
Speaker 6: At a toilet, Tony, you take them.
Speaker 3: Tolet I gotta take this call real quick.
Speaker 4: There you go, find some UTEP miners out of conference US A very very nice there you go. All right. Here are the potential dogs, Giants, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, Colts.
Speaker 3: Isaiah, you picked the Patrick.
Speaker 4: You picked the dog last week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they split with the Dolphins' taking Patriots in Miami.
Speaker 4: Okay, Josh, who let me go with the Giants.
Speaker 5: Let me go with the Giants over the Bucks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say the Titans over the Texans.
Speaker 3: What do you got? Patriots?
Speaker 4: Patriots again?
Speaker 3: Okay? Patriot Ye Pats?
Speaker 4: Pats uh, Tony, what you got? Give me the as well?
Speaker 3: Good smarter?
Speaker 4: All right? Vikings at the Bears, a little NFC North rivalry.
Speaker 3: What you got, Isaiah? Yeah, I'm gonna go Skull as well? Yeah, bikes, Vikings bikes, Tony bikes as well.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Forty nine ers at the Packers at Lambeau.
Speaker 4: Could be snowy like it was last night in uh in Pittsburgh. Yes, bang bang not a gang. Oh gross, I hate hearing that on our way airwaves.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's awful.
Speaker 7: I mean both pit picks are awful. Yeah, you didn't pay. I'm just saying both.
Speaker 4: Patrick, I'm going Packers, going Packers, Packers. I'm going pack attack too. They got they snuck it out last week. They're going, Tony.
Speaker 3: That's why you're last.
Speaker 14: I hate both teams really much, but going for the Packers, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Cardinals at I get two points if I'm going against everybody, no, no, no, Cardinals, Seahawks. Uh, he picked the Packers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Seahawks, Cardinals, Cardinals here, Tony Cardinals, all right, Eagles and Rams. I'm taking the Rams to upset the Eagles at SOFI Stadium. Matthew Stafford is going to dice them boys up.
Speaker 3: Patrick, I'm taking the Rams in Stafford Former. I'm trying to go to the game specif that place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lost angles, Rams, you.
Speaker 3: Worked for the NFL.
Speaker 6: Bro they didn't give me no tickets. It was one fifty for four hundred level with no AC Yeah.
Speaker 3: Give me the Eagles. Tony hate the.
Speaker 14: Eagles, So give me the Rabbits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just.
Speaker 4: Pick your Ravens and Chargers. I think the Ravens rebound this week. They need one badly. Which you got?
Speaker 3: Where is it at? Chargers so far as well? A different day. This is Monday. It's a Sunday Monday, doublehead. What's right? That's the game I want to go to? Gay Can you get into that one? Hopefully?
Speaker 4: Ravens Chargers. Oh, justin Herbert John Harball, Yes, Jim Harbor, Ravens.
Speaker 3: Tony Yeah, Chargers Baltimore, Baltimore.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go Cowboys Commanders Dan Quinn and first game against the Cowboys as the head coach out in Washington. They come in on a two game losing streak. Jayden Daniels working with an rib injury that's limiting his rushing ability. You've got an opportunity to get back on track for both teams. One team's gonna do it? Which team will it be? Tony?
Speaker 12: Just first off, before I least shout out to you guys since eighth grade.
Speaker 4: Wow, finally get to do this.
Speaker 5: Shou us to you buddy.
Speaker 3: Now he's in college.
Speaker 12: It breaks my heart to do it because I love my Cowboys, but with the commedist.
Speaker 3: No, you can't say that. You can't say that, Tony.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you. Eighth grade all the way up into college support. That's awesome, great stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, Get off the toilet, man, go back to class, get.
Speaker 4: Your study horn. Okay, all right, thanks appreciated, Tony.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Good stuff. That's out the YouTube. Man, Yeah, good good program. Out what you got there? Huh No, see our good people, Pallo, buddy, Commander's thirty four thirty. Oh my goodness. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: With the Commanders as well, but I'm not gonna go ass deep.
Speaker 3: I don't think they score as much.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 6: Offense can't stay on the field, defense gets cassed. You know how it goes to twenty seven close in the first.
Speaker 4: Half, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you, oh, go win one for the Gipper, the Gipper, all right, or the maker.
Speaker 3: In the Dipper if he hasn't been for Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Just win it for for anybody.
Speaker 7: Find a person to win it for, because I need you to win this freaking game.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Let me go Cowboys thirty one, Commanders twenty eight.
Speaker 3: We should have let you go last. Is there a defensive touchdown in there? Or two or three?
Speaker 5: Maybe three nice drawn bland right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven to thirteen Commanders unfortunately, So I have to give us all that face.
Speaker 6: Because I think, I truly think that Dallas can play better. I just don't know if these coaches are going to get in their.
Speaker 3: Bad We haven't seen it yet. Yeah, I know, and there's just too much adversity working against him. I think this defense is going to play well against these guys.
Speaker 6: That's what I just said. I was like, but close, hold on, You're going to hold on for so long.
Speaker 3: Close. In the first.
Speaker 7: Mikey just had a signature game against gotta go, you, gotta go go.
Speaker 4: Goodbye for Isaiah stand bat Josh d against Patrick Go see Walker Chrispy in the back of Kyle Yoma saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you one Monday. Go Cowboys take down the Commanders.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.