Speaker 1: Still doing our countdown of the top ten second date updates, and today we may have two potential celebrities on the phone too soon to be social media celebrities.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get any bigger than.
Speaker 3: That, more annoying just on social media.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe that makes sense. Why we call this one you David? It's our number three second date update. Enjoy Second Date Updated. We have someone on the phone for a second date update who's on the rise to stardom. She's hoping soon she can influence what you eat, what you drink, what you wear, and what you wipe with.
Speaker 3: Do we have the on the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Earth friendly toilet wipes are going to be the next big thing.
Speaker 3: I switched the bamboo toilet paper myself, did you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Else, Rich It's a little scratchy.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit of blood on there, but it's okay anyway. She's hoping to become an influencer someday. And she's also hoping that we can influence the guy who's not calling her back to give her another date. Okay, so let's say hello to Marianne.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Guys, how are you good?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: What does Jeffrey mean? Are you like trying to be like an Instagram influencer?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I am, I'm really active on the Graham and I just really love kind of those people who have this aspiring lifestyle and just really bring joy and comfort and happiness to other people. That's kind of what I aspire to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not petty enough to be an influence.
Speaker 3: Let's she is a live laugh love of Instagram.
Speaker 1: Well, Marianne, before we get into this, I just feel like I need to ask you, are you only doing this just to get more publicity for your page?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Doing our show?
Speaker 1: Because I don't think it would be fair if you did that and we're giving out your Instagram hand just because of that.
Speaker 5: I won't plug my Instagram handle.
Speaker 3: Okay, jump, no offense.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much our show would help her out.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point. But let's get into your date. Maryanne, tell us about the guy that you met.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 5: So his name is David?
Speaker 6: Okay, David, you'd be nice?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Did David slide into your d MS? How'd you meet him?
Speaker 5: He did fight into very DM so you know we're on Instagram and he liked a handful of my pictures and you know, I kind of looked at his and liked one back.
Speaker 7: Okay. It's so funny how it's like a secret ritual when you're on Instagram, like you like a few of mine, I like one or two years, and then that's the opening to like DM me without saying anything.
Speaker 2: It's like a mating dance.
Speaker 6: And that what you know, it's safe to write them because if they go back like a year and start liking a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a little creepy weird.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: What was David like online?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean he's got a decent amount of followers.
Speaker 2: Is that important? Does that?
Speaker 1: Does that matter? How many followers he has? It was the first thing that she mentioned about him.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I thought that what you're asking about, I mean the type of guy.
Speaker 2: Is he's attractive guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he's good looking and it looks like he's fairly active and he likes to do things.
Speaker 7: She's like, oh my god, he's super ugly and lazy.
Speaker 3: I what did you guys do on your date?
Speaker 5: So he actually asked me to go to Boba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so instagram friendly and very worthy.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just a really fun, cheery place. But it's an opportunity for us just to kind of sit down and casually get to know each other without a lot of like pretense.
Speaker 1: Okay, So did you treat it like it was a date or were you treating it more like a business meeting?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I have to say both because like similarly to me, and we found this out when we were talking before we met in person, is that he went to become an influencer as well. He doesn't have as many followers as I do, but that was definitely something that we connected with.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you could be like the Instagram power couple eventually, right.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: And it was kind of the thing we joked about, but then it was like, oh, this would actually be fun and we were having a really good time. So we were talking about, you know, like different things that we could do and different ideas we.
Speaker 3: Have actually working on collaborations together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean when something is so close to your heart and you spent so much of your time and energy into it, it's just naturally going to come up to the conversation. So it did that for the both of us.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, hashtag relationship goals.
Speaker 5: So he was like talking about, you know, an idea to get more followers, and he wants to buy an old school bus and retrofit it for a road trip.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that done on it, Yeah, a lot of accounts.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you said that, because that's kind of what I said. I was like, oh, that's a cool idea, but I've definitely seen that done on several different accounts before.
Speaker 3: Was he put off by that? Do you kind of like?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, he gave me this kind of shocked look like I had hurt his baby. But then I was like, how much are you really on Instagram? Because that's pretty common right now. So anyways, we went on. The date went on, We walked around the park, we took some pictures, you know, as you would expect. It ended with a little kiss on the cheek, and we did took selfies of it.
Speaker 3: Good wait, you took selfies of the kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 5: I mean you kind of have to. When it's the Golden hour and the sun setting, it's like perfect edit him out if she looks good enough.
Speaker 7: Time looking up she's like, okay, hold on, let me grab my phone first.
Speaker 6: I get that, but it feels so performance, right, It feels like a performance. It doesn't feel like a genuine moment between you two.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like it was?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And I think it's probably because we had talked about different things they want to do and we kind of laughed about it, have been like, I don't know, how do you want in the States? So they take a selfie and so we were it was kind of this like fun, slurty way to end thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and I.
Speaker 7: Will give you credit, like as an influencer, whether it's YouTube or TikTok or anything, you're used to having the camera out at all times.
Speaker 3: Like how you look at the world.
Speaker 2: So after the stage, cheek kiss? How do you know? How do you end the night?
Speaker 5: We just ended the night and I went back to my car. He went back to his heart, and I had a great time. But I just haven't heard from him. The only thing I can think of is me kind of saying the bus wasn't the best idea because I've been done before, but it's such a minor thing.
Speaker 3: Did he get into a bus and drive away at the end of the game.
Speaker 6: That was like, I'm already in it.
Speaker 5: As far as I know, he did not.
Speaker 1: Well, we have some investigating to do. We're gonna play a song, we'll come back. We'll call David for you and then excuse me, it's Davad called Dad, and then we'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marianne, Okay, thank you, all right, hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're talking to a possible future Instagram star right now. Her name's Mary Anne. She met a guy named David through the gram. They went out to Boba te together, had a walk in the park, took some pics. But now he's not calling her back. And Marianne, I told you that we would not plug your Instagram on the show, but I never said we wouldn't plug our own. So Alexus is at Alexis underscore, fuller, jose is at hilarious, jose Mine is at its Young, Jeffrey R. E Y and Brooks. Actually I don't follow you, brook What is it?
Speaker 3: Brooks? Fox?
Speaker 2: Fox two Foxes.
Speaker 6: Remember, because I married the guy and he already had the last name Fox, it.
Speaker 3: All makes sense. You shouldn't have to describe your hands.
Speaker 1: I do you want to see a lot of baby pictures and like dog pictures.
Speaker 3: Why very funny? Sometimes too very funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very funny. Baby there go check out at Brooke Fox Fox.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I'm sorry, Marian you told us in the first part you were worried that the reason David might not be calling you is because you made a comment about his idea about a school bus.
Speaker 2: What were you saying?
Speaker 5: He had this idea to buy like an old school bus and retrofit it, which is something that's been done a lot before, and I just thought there was better ideas out there.
Speaker 6: Okay, it does still sound though, it sounds like a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The other thing, though, Marian, you guys had talked about collabbing on stuff. Did you have projects like set up that you were going to work with him on, Because not only is he not calling you back for a date, he's not calling you back for that either.
Speaker 5: Right, And so some of my ideas I'm a little hesitant to say because there was to amaze just feeling right, Let's just say they're centered around travel.
Speaker 6: Okay, unique, don't be jealous because you haven't gone viral.
Speaker 1: Alexus is definite, all right, So we're ready to call David are you feeling ready, Marianne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, here we go. I'm gonna dial his number. We're going to get your second date update. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for David.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is David.
Speaker 2: Hey David.
Speaker 1: My name is jeff I work on a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: How you doing, man?
Speaker 4: I'm all right, what's this about?
Speaker 2: This is about your future and what it might hold.
Speaker 4: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about a date that you went on recently with one of our listeners.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, who her name is?
Speaker 2: Mary Anne?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, why why are you calling me about it?
Speaker 1: The reason that we're calling on her behalf is because we're doing something called a second date update right now. That's where if you go out with one of our listeners and afterwards, if you're not calling them back, they can reach out to us and we'll call for them to help them figure out the reason why. Okay, this is a Boba Te special because Marianne told us that you guys went out to Bobat.
Speaker 2: On your date.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah we did, and yeah, I just didn't feel like we were going to go out again.
Speaker 3: So oh really, she's yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean she said that you guys were even talking about like doing some collapse stuff for Instagram because you're trying to be an influencer too, And did she get the wrong idea?
Speaker 4: Well no, I mean no, Like the date was good, honestly, Yeah, yeah, we got along and yeah, I thought it was going well, but I don't know. Does something happen at the end that just totally like because she you know, a lot of times you like go out with some of these Instagram influencers and like they're kind of vapid and like all themselves, and like she really wasn't like that, so like I was really interested.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying it happened at the end of the date.
Speaker 1: She did tell us about a stage sunset kiss.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: No, I do that all the time. That doesn't bother.
Speaker 2: Every single sunset he kisses someone.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, that's just kind of what we do. Like everything is for the public, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what was it?
Speaker 4: Then? So we're talking, like we're spitballing ideas off each other stuff, and then like she knows that, like this is what I want to do, and so she said that she knows somebody who like could hook me up with a blue check mark for my account.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will say we all got one of those.
Speaker 3: It feels good.
Speaker 1: Okay, she has some she has an inn with the Instagram people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is like big time you know. So I was like, awesome, you know that'd be great and blah blah blah, but like she wouldn't tell me who. It was like she didn't give me their context. It was like she like bragged that she knew somebody and seemed like she was being like, oh and I could get this for you, and then she didn't give me any information about it. Like it just seemed like super uncool.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay, I.
Speaker 6: Understand maybe she was gonna follow up later or maybe you know, like.
Speaker 4: You said, like she's like, yeah, I don't know if I want it. Like she totally got off the subject when I asked, completely ignored me, and then that's when the picture happened. Of like she kind of like tricked me into like drawing my attention away.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, maybe it's like a maybe it's like a dating rule type thing where you have to wait for three dates so you have the blue check mark talk.
Speaker 3: That is big to give someone on a first date. Yeah, it's also weird to not call someone back.
Speaker 6: You had an amazing date and this girl has a hook up to a blue check mark and she hasn't given it to you, and so you're refusing to talk to her.
Speaker 4: I'm not like that's never going to talk to We texted a few time after this, but like that was like a super selfish thing to do, and like, I'm just not into like that quality in a person thinking of building a blue.
Speaker 7: Check mark back is selfless Like this, the times have changed.
Speaker 5: I had a lot of relationship drama, but not this issue.
Speaker 6: I mean, she can't inundate her one contact to Instagram with every dude she goes out with.
Speaker 4: You know, like ours. Yeah yeah, but like I'm not every dude. We connected like it felt different.
Speaker 1: I think you're actually connecting on more levels than you even realized, David. In fact, you're connecting to her right now, specifically her phone line because she's been listening this entire phone conversation and she wants to talk to Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah Hi David Marian, Hi.
Speaker 4: Yeah time cool.
Speaker 5: Well, when you're like we texted a few times back in for when I say hi, how's your day and your response is hi, I don't know if that really counts. Oh oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I don't know all the time in the world to like write you a freaking novel every time you text me, Like I was just trying to be nice.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I'm sorry I was. You know, in regard to the blue check mark, I wasn't intentionally dangling it in front of you like a carrot. I was just saying, like, you know, things move forward, there's the possibility of this. And that was more I think of the business side rather than the potential relationship side. So it seems kind of sucky that you made that decision that, like, nothing's going to move forward because I didn't further your Instagram accounty.
Speaker 1: It kind of sounds like a bribe to me, yeah, or or or almost a check mark tease.
Speaker 6: It's a smart if it is, though, But I think she's right on, Like, if you were in a business relationship with somebody, you wouldn't on the first time you met them give them all of your secrets and goods.
Speaker 7: You know. I'm pretty your Brook slept with the guy to get us checked.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's like talking about it, like we didn't have this like long. It's not like I walked up through on the street. It was like, yo, hook me up with a blue check mark, and like I have been asking for a long time. Like I've got over twenty five thousand followers and by the way, unlike you, they're all real people, like check hello, what.
Speaker 7: Does that mean that?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 4: You're frog?
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to in this? Are you talking to one of us?
Speaker 1: Are you talking to No, I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking to Marianne.
Speaker 5: You know, wait, I hold on a seconds. You sat there and went through every one of my fifty thousand followers to find out the real I hate.
Speaker 3: When people buy fake followers. I mean it is really obvious.
Speaker 6: When you have fake following, you get like a hundred likes totally all Russian names.
Speaker 3: Is a lot of like underscores.
Speaker 2: Are you saying it's not true? Or is he right?
Speaker 5: I bought followers when I first started because I wanted to move things forward. But it's not something that I have done in like two years, dude.
Speaker 3: I will say I have worked with people who have done the same thing, okay, and like put a lot.
Speaker 6: Of money into it because they think that that's how they're gonna look important.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, that's what I'm talking about. That is the whole point is should be authentic on there to have a real authentic persona, and you're just totally fake from the beginning of.
Speaker 5: Totally If the box brought other people in, they don't have to stay following my account if they don't like it, but they've managed to stay.
Speaker 7: I mean, you.
Speaker 6: I could argue either side, but I think I'm really getting away from the part of you guys had like some romantic connection.
Speaker 2: I know I'm living for the drama.
Speaker 3: Don't we want a date?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Can you guys get past this? Can you put this in your past?
Speaker 4: Brook? No? I mean it's not only a no for me, but like now I'm curiously thinking about reporting her to Instagram or having all these fake followers.
Speaker 7: No, Bro, don't get her account shut down after years of work. That could happen.
Speaker 3: Will they do that? If you have fake followers?
Speaker 7: I think I think.
Speaker 3: To report some people.
Speaker 5: You can go ahead and do whatever you want. Like I said before, I already have ends with Instagram.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, that's what she has the hook up.
Speaker 6: You're never getting a blue check mark David.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to watch the reaction video on my own Instagram writer it's young Jeffrey. Make sure you follow only real followers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm a real deal. Hashtag Graham Life
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.