Speaker 1: This is me, Craig Ferguson. I'm inviting you to come and see my brand new comedy hour. Well it's actually it's about an hour and a half and I don't have an opener because these guys cost money. But what I'm saying is I'll be on stage for a while. Anyway, Come and see me live on the Pants on Fire Tour in your region. Tickets our own sale now, and we'll be adding more as the tour continues throughout twenty twenty five and beyond. For a full list of dates, go to the Craig Ferguson show dot com. See you on the road, My DearS. My name is Craig Ferguson. The name of this podcast is Joy. I talk to interest in people about what brings them happiness. My guest today is not this animal here. This is Zelda. She's one of my dogs, Shamus, my other dog somewhere else. But we're very excited because the guest on the podcast today is Sisser, the very famous, the best dog trainer in the world, and the dog whispering. And it's quite a whisper to you today. I'm whispering. I whispering too. Quite dog all right, Cisamela enjoy so listen. You have to tell me again your first well show was the first, you know, dog thing you were doing in England. You were worried about your accent.
Speaker 2: I was worrying that I wasn't going to pronounce the English proper right, and that was scary. That was scary.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: English comes from it from there. So I learned English in America and I learned in the streets him listening to the radio, so it's very street like, you know. And I listened to rig D in the morning. And uh, then Jada, I.
Speaker 1: Learned English from reg D. This that's awesome. I love that.
Speaker 2: At one point I met him, you know, and we went to Crustaceans and I told her, listen, I learned English through you. So then then Jada Pinker came and and and she hired a teacher for me to learn the verbs because everything in English.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I knew dogs. I just didn't know how I was going to teach this, this land, this group of dog glovers, right, because I never experienced people that love dogs at this level in my life.
Speaker 3: Well, English people, yeah, they they're crazy for the mad. The mad yeah, they're Everybody in Brettain has a dog. Everybody in Bretton has a dog. And most of those dogs are crap, you know, they're they're.
Speaker 1: Terrible, hopeless little dogs. I've got. I don't want my dogs are here, and I don't want them to feel like I'm not talking about you. That's right.
Speaker 2: Let them know.
Speaker 1: They're very excited actually that you're here. Zelda came here, come here, what do you have? Come here? He's here, he's here, you get the say him, come on, come on and I'll show you.
Speaker 2: Look he's right owne.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right here. Now I also have a Jack Russell who probably won't come up right about do you ever get everybody wants to show you their dog, right? Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, especially with the phone with their with their phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people come up and show you photographs of their dogs. That's right at the airport. Yeah, when you're when you're running behind and stuff, seamous come here, come here, up here, up here, look just complete the said, don't disappointment. Come on, come on. They're a good Jack Russell. That's right. Yeah, there he's actually the only good Jack Russell waver there is there is there is yeah, all right. So here's why I wanted to show you these guys because they're very unruly and what I want to talk to you about. I want to talk to you about you, of course, yes, but I do want to talk to you about the halo collar because that's the thing to do, and I'm very interested. That's talk me through it, please.
Speaker 2: You know, first of all, it's beautiful to be part of technology, right, because the first time that I saw technology is when I was a kid watching the Jetsons and it was Astro on the treadmill, right, right, that's technology, and you know, and and when I came to America, I saw treadmills and people's garage and nobody's were using it humans or dogs, right, So I learned. I learned that technology can help a dog. And in the treadmill world is you know, a lot of dogs were not walking enough, different from from Europe, right because Europeans walk a lot, but people in La were not walking. So I started in La, uh doing you know my job. I was walking. I was a dog walker. I started walking dogs for people. I was walking forty dogs at the same time, and that's how it became known. It's a Mexican guy in South Central that walks a pack of dogs, of leaves dogs. That's crazy that it's crazy, right, But that's the literally how I became known because this crazy.
Speaker 1: People would see you doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this crazy thing, you know, and I'm Mexican, so they thought I was a gang member.
Speaker 1: They didn't think it was like a dog walker.
Speaker 2: But later, you know, later, later people I understood why I was doing that. So I start using treadmills because people say I don't have time. Oh, don't worry, you have a treadmill. Let's put a dog on a treadmill.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So but I learned about the treadmill through Astro on the jail. That's fantastic from a cartoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know, the thing is like they say, the guys that came up with the flip phons, the were watching Star Trek in the nineteen sixties and they're like, oh, let's do that, you know what I mean. It's like so they watched the science fiction and then you know, it becomes part of life. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: So then you know, fast forward and now you know I'm learning. Okay, why what can I do for the world? You know, besides teacher in the world. Besides you know, teaching about energy philosophy, actions, How do I help the world to stay focused and to stay consistent, because this is where the biggest problem for dog lovers, right to stay focused, to stay consistent, to stay disciplined.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's three activities that a dog needs to do in order for them to have a good life. To follow you, to play with you, to explore, follow play, explore right. And then each activity has rules, boundaries, limitations right. And so this is where people have difficulty. They don't Number one, they don't know how to walk a dog. Number two, they don't know how to play with the dog. Number three they don't know how how far can the dog explore? Follow, play, explore right. So by creating a technology that can help you with the rules, boundaries, limitations, it would allow the dog to become more organized, more discipline, and then the behavior that you repeat will become imprint and memorize. So the color is literally to help a dog remember, follow, play, explore, rules, bundle limitations because a lot of times, you know dog lovers, they just go on their mind and a lot of people are walking with a dog with their phone and.
Speaker 1: Phone that today already their.
Speaker 2: Mind is distracted. So when you are with an animal, you know, like people the right, horses, they're more discipline than dog people, right, right, they're more in tune to the horse. And and because they're focusing on safety, dog people focus on affection, they focus on love, they focus on fun. Right, So the expectations are different, but that sets the dog to fail. That's why it's a lot of dogs and shelters because they developed the wrong problem, right, But it's not because they were born with the problem. Is the human created the problem. By now u'derstanding, By now understanding, you know what makes a dog happy, healthy, loving, smart?
Speaker 1: And so what does what does make a dog happy? Healthy, loving smart? I mean, like, how do you like when you said you got to know how to play with your dog? Yeah? Like I think I know how to play with the dog, but I don't know. Like I throw a thing, the dog brings it back. Actually it doesn't really bring it back, sort brings it back and then minds away whether is that it?
Speaker 2: For example, on the play, a lot of times people think that by throwing the ball a hundred times, the dog has more fun, right, right, But if you wait, you hold the toy and the dog goes into come surrender and waits for it. Then you throw it. That has more power than if you throw the ball a hundred times, because throwing the ball a hundred times it creates a stamina, but also creates this fixation. Right, and so the dog, you're going to take the breath into such a high level of playing that this dog. Now you're going to see the pupils dilated versus when when the dog is waiting for the ball, then you throw it. Then you send them to fetch for the for the toy. And it's best when the toy actually hides and then finds it. It's not really ideal when the eyes and the ears are only playing. You want to play with the toy, right, So people play more like Chuck e Cheese. It's very Chucky cheese like, right, versus it's more calm waiting. The dog comes surrendered, you throw the toy, You let them wait, and the dog likes that's better because that is more in the way they hunt right, right, they go get it, but they're not crazy getting what they're hunting.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They're very organized. Everybody everybody participates, everybody is in the same frequency, in the same state of mind. You know, everybody has their job and you see what I'm saying, and so the mind goes into patience, calmness, confidence, and then of course once they get what they need is love joy. So the celebration is after most people do the celebration. There is no waiting, there is no calmness, there is no structure. It's a very are the way of playing. That's why a lot of times when people bring two dogs and they're in the same fixed sated stay in a dog park, they end up fighting, right, because it's too fixated dogs going after the same object, right, and they're back animals.
Speaker 1: They really want to work as a team, right, they do.
Speaker 2: And as pack animals, the human needs to take the front position, which most of the time people do. People take the back. So this is the dynamic right now, as I help people in America. Dog is in the front, wife is number two, hits a number three, husband is number four. See the guy was on the back of the pack, the dog was in the front. Wife is number two, hits A number three. So I have to change the dynamic because it's unnatural, right, So it should be if mom dad in the front kids, but right behind the parents and then the dogs in the back. If you go to Mexico, that's exactly the dynamic, right. So in Latino communities, the grown ups are the pack leaders and then the next generation in that at the end is the animal.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying there less then is just there is no knowledge behind instinct. Is all reaction, right, So we have to make sure we control instincts by all of us participating as pact leaders who love the animal.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me, then, how does that manifest? Because I hear you in this, and I struggle with this a little bit sometimes because I love my dogs, but I'm inconsistent a little bit with a dog. Sometimes you're in the mood where you can be focused on the dog, and sometimes you're like, give me a break for a minute, especially if you have a Jack. Actually, you know what, I've got to be honest with, Jack Russell is not the worst. I have a German shepherd who's lying down right now, and I'm not going to say her name, but she is very, very needy animals will come up with the lick like leg all the time, always kind of looking for something, and has a very difficult time settled. Is that my fault that the dog's all that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah yeah yeah, because the dog, so the nose is telling the dog go smell this, or the eyes or the ears or the dog is inchoues and they learn to come themselves when they leak the human. Right, right, But if the human doesn't create like a distance, the dog never knows how to wait. Right. So one of the great things that happened, with all my respect to the people in COVID, is the word social distance. Remember that, so watch your hands, you know, cover your mouth social distance. Social distance in the animal world means respect. Most indoor dogs do not practice social distance because the humans allow intimate approach without any kind of agreement. So the dog is just listening to the excitement. Right. The dog is excited, the human rewards and sometimes the human doesn't want that, but the dog is not clear. So when do I give you social distance or where do I come into your intimate space? Right? So it's for positions in proximity, intimate based personal zone, social song, public zone. The dog is very important for the dog to go away from you and wait at a distance. It's actually a job or in activity, But most indoor dogs do not know how to wait.
Speaker 1: When you say, what do you mean by an indoor dog? That like a dog who is just like like a pet who only goes for walks with the owner and that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the new dog, now, right, because you know, many years ago the dog was not indoor unless you're right, super super rich, right, So so those dogs did practice social distance, so you know, generations before, would the dog behave a lot better? Yeah, of course because they had more rules managed limitations, right.
Speaker 1: Right, So so like that, this is a thing that between my wife and I all the time. I'm like, shouldn't let the dogs on the furniture. I'm sure I've heard you say that before somewhere, But when the dog gets up in the furniture that like that, it's crossed. Not like, am I right with that? Or did I get picked that up wrong?
Speaker 2: I think you can. You can definitely copy the horse people because horse people are really good about in biting versus invading. So I recognize, right, they don't mind to inbite the horse, but if the horse do it on his own, he ends up invading. Right, So can a dog go on the couch? Can a dog goes in the bed. Absolutely, just let the dog wait for it, wait in a con surrender state, and then you offer this luxury. Right, So that way, when the dog goes into the couch or into the bed, the dog is in a constarender state, not claiming, because what happens a lot of times when the dog does it on his own, he claims, right.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that that's the same German shepherd I'm telling again, I'm not going to say her name because she's like that, but she's very very greedy, like almost obsessive, obsessive eater, like eat everything all the time, always, kind of which I've never I mean, we've always had German Shepherds, I've never had one who was kind of like that, who was like almost like a like a compulsive eater sort of thing. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Well, when a dog doesn't have like a good outlet for work, right, there also can develop obsessions, right because they're confused, what do I do with this energy? Right, I'm a dog, I'm a German chapperd. So there is two things that this dog needs to fulfill, the dog in them and the German chapper in them. Remember, affection is energy given to the dog. So a lot of times people give affection to the dog while the dog has not worked yet. So I give affection when I empty, When I empty the tank of the body, and when I empty the tank of the mind, then I give affections because then I'm going to give affection to a com surrender dog. Right then the dog is going, oh, my human loves me when I'm totally come surrendered. But he truly loves me because he knows how to drain the tank of the bible and in the in the tank of the mind. Those are two different from affection, right right. It's it's like literally like like a navy seal. Right, it's body mind. Right, So the animals or dogs to me are more like navy seals.
Speaker 1: Certainly, certainly mine are. Right now, they're looking at me with a great dealers especially they've heard they've heard your voice before, you know, like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How does then? Because I'm interesting, we're talking about the technology and the halo color. How does that actually work? Bad?
Speaker 4: What does it do?
Speaker 2: Well? A lot of people, you know here in America, their biggest dream is the American dream, you know, is for me was to become the best doctor in the world. That was my dream, right and uh I, and to come to Americas where the value dog at the value dogs at this level, it was the only place, right And and so for for American people, walking a dog of leash or going to the beach without the leash is a big dream, right. But then the nose of the dog is going to kick in and it's gonna move. So if a dog doesn't have clear boundaries, it's going to keep going. He's going to come back. But people are gonna get scared, right, or the dog can get a little bit distracted, and I know how to come back right because he's not allowed to practice that Like dogs in Mexico. A dog in Mexico comes out of the house, he goes to the next town and comes back, right, comes back, So we don't have to worry about the halo color, right, right, So the dog maintains its instincts. So what I'm doing with the halo color is bringing back the instinct so your fear can go away, So your hesitation of not trusting your dog right can go away. Right, Because now with the halo, we're going to have this invisible boundary that you can't see. They can only feel it. So you're going to be able to put it through your phone. You know, I want my dog to be one hundred feet away from me when I'm at the beach, and you can change the distance, right, you can. You can just create whatever distance you want. And so once the dog hits or gets is about to get close to the to the one hundred feet, the dog receives the message. Obviously, you train the dog before you go into this real okay scenario, and so that way you can go and you know, take a nap in the beach, and the dog is still have fun because now it's inside this Hey.
Speaker 1: It so is it like a shot? Callar? Thing?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it like a like a shot?
Speaker 2: So you understand, So everybody understands the sensation of the shock. Right, when do they do it or when do they happen? If the level of intensity is at ten, you need something like that. But if the level of intensity is zero to five, you can just do vibration or you can just do and that snaps the brain out of it.
Speaker 1: Right, So your parents did it with you.
Speaker 2: So if if from zero to five, but if you went to fight to ten instinctually. That is a physical contact. Snap you out of it, you said. So the shock is not to hurt you. The shock is to snap you out of it. And that's because your intensity is too high low, medium, high.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So I tell people listen, if your dog is zero to five and you've done the homework right, you're only going to use vibration and sound and eventually repetitions of that. You don't need it because the dog knows was expected at the beach. The dog knows is one hundred feet. The dog nos you know if you go to the to the dog part. When you are in the city, the dog knows you want them in the intimate space. So they have to know that when you're in the city, don't go too far. They were in the beach, they can go this far, says, So the dog learns how to be in the environment.
Speaker 1: Hello, this is Greig Ferguson and I want to let you know I have a brand new stand up comedy special out now on YouTube. It's called I'm So Happy, and I would be so happy if you checked it out. Towards the special, just to my YouTube channel at the Greig Verguson show and is this right there? Just click it and play it and it's free. I can't look. I'm not going to come round your husband show you how to do it. If you can't do it, then you can't have it. But if you can figure it out, it's yours. How long does it take? Does it vary from breed to breed then I guess? Or just from dog to dog? How smartly are you? Know?
Speaker 2: What I noticed over the years is it takes twenty one days for you not to for you not to do it any other way, right, So it takes twenty one days to create a new have it right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So in twenty one days, if you do it exactly what we tell you to do, the dog will develop the understanding. Right. So it's not that bad twenty one days for you to be right. So let's say every day five am you do the da dada. So it needs to be some kind of ritual, right, so the dog expect and know, so the human feels this way human is is wearing the shoes is because they pay attention to everything right, And that's how you develop a habit. You see it in the beginning the routine. Yeah, you need to create a routine. So the dog knows, you know, five am means this. The smell of this means this. The you know what, I see, what I hear. All of that is involved. The dog learned nose, ice ears. It's through the nose of a dog, right, the eyes and the last thing is the ears. So putting the leash on the dog. Putting the leash on the dog, I don't say a word, show the leash. The dog comes, I put the leash on, I wait for the dog to relax, and then I move. I do that every single day. They see the leash. It means calmness, we're going for a walk.
Speaker 1: Right. So that's interesting because I do like the officer. I'm not going to say the word right now, go crazy. You see. Yeah, you gotta spell it. You got to spell the word right.
Speaker 2: So when I did my first consultation and in LA, people were telling me spell the world. Don't say ball, spell it. I was learning English. I don't know how to spell right, but they were telling me to spell it. So, you see, So when you started ritual of a walk, do you want to go over a walk? What you create is this you auphoric expectation with a dog can't contain themselves. And then you put lisha on and then then people say wait wait wait wait, stay, sit wait sit wait wait, we're going.
Speaker 1: We're going.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. See the humans start talking a lot, a lot. So the more you talk, the more you create this frantic energy. And as soon as you open the doorfoom right yeah, and then the other person, my dog comes down ten minutes later. I know, but it's going to be a bad habit. So if the person is not as strong at as you are, a dog cannot be walked by a toddler versus the way I create a ritual. A toddler can walk the pack of dogs that I have.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting to me. Yes, so speakful waiting if I'm going to get the halo caller, right, so, because I am. What I want to do is, like you, there's instructions with it and how to use it and how to do all that. Yes, okay, So the training part is is you get to read it, you get to see it. We got videos and everything.
Speaker 2: But it's very important that people remember three energies that not dog people use it, which is the silence, the calmness, and the confidence most.
Speaker 1: Dog people do love joy, He says.
Speaker 2: Those those are five energies, right, Silence, calmness, confidence, Those are the teaching energies. Love joy, those are the reward energies.
Speaker 1: Right. Want so be getting too much love joy? That's your problem. They get excited, of course they get excited, right.
Speaker 2: And then the dog by receiving this energy from the human, the dog sees the human as a soft source of energy, because love is a soft source of energy, right Versus calm confidence, it's a stronger source of energy. Calmness creates trust, confidence creates respect, calm confident that therefore you can.
Speaker 1: Give direction protection.
Speaker 2: Right. So what is what is why we all humans want from our pack leaders, from our presidents to be calm, confident, love joy, right, Because we want safet piece love, We want trust, respect, love, We want to be able to do exercise, discipline, affection activities.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It makes it makes a great deal of sense when you put it that way. Let me ask you this, how did you come to this? How did I mean? Do you have a dog right now? I have a pack of dogs? Yeah, you do, you have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of I'm a pack guy, I'm a packed garer, you know. What I mean. And Latinos we're like, oh, it's all about the pack. We can't be by ourselves. It's all about the pack.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Right now we got ten only because I travel a lot, right right, I travel a lot. But I started with sixty five. I started with sixty five, and I raised my two kids, Andre and Calvin among a pack of dogs. Right now they're helping me. When I's thirty one, it is twenty six. So they learned, you know, the energy, the philosophy, the actions.
Speaker 1: We have a ranch.
Speaker 2: We got a pitching you know, they got a pitchin in the pack. So right now we got ten because you know, I travel all over the world because I want to. I want to help the whole world. And fabulous, So tenn is okay?
Speaker 1: Do your dogs? Do you travel with the dogs? Can't travel with you all ten dogs? Surely?
Speaker 2: When when I go to England, it is hard because in Ireland, right if I got to Australia, it is hard to bring them there, but any other place, like I brought my pit bulls to Europe and we did a tour and and you know, to show you know, the people about Plus they were in love with Daddy and Junior when they were alive, and you know, the Europeans wanted to see them and so yeah, so it allowed me.
Speaker 1: It's a much maligned read the pet bull. Isn't that I have all the purples I've come across, everyone that I've met, I have, you know, I've heard the horror stories, but the peples may be very affectionate dog.
Speaker 2: It's not the breed, it's the human behind the dog.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Remember we we are the one who's creating the dovernment. We're creating you know, the the Boston Terriers, we're creating them. So we also created the pitbull. So it's our responsibility to understand what is it that we're bringing home? Right, because it's in every and every breed is a dog. So I don't I don't really focus on the breed. I focus on the dog, focusing the dog. Different breed, we are different rays, okay, but we're all humans, so we all need the same thing. Sure, the breed is more like the food, the music, you know what I mean, the women we like. But you see that we're all humans. You me, as a man, we need the same thing, the same things.
Speaker 1: I get it. What about so so how did you come to That's what I was gonna You're like a country kid. Did you grow up and with a lot of dogs arounding a ranch and that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Most immigrants they come from Mexico. We come from the farm, right, so we know the land very well and we know the animals very well. So if you go to Kentucky, I guarantee you that all the guys there are Mexicans or they are Latinos, right, taking care of the horses, anything they had to do with the plants is we are We're doing it why because we come from the farm, right, So that's our school is mother nature, as school is the animals. And of course we're traditional, so we listen to our grandparents, right, and so we come with rule better. We can't well behave wanted to work, right, So I came with that already, right, But I also came with the dream of being the best in the world. And then when I saw I love this quote of America, that's not what the country can do for you? What can you do for the country? And I grabbed that said, I can teach the country how to connect communicat have the best relationship on earth with their dogs. And then I got the show and the dog whispered. That was my first show came to America to get a TV show.
Speaker 1: Huge, Yeah, yeah, I mean that's massive. But but let me ask you this. Do you ever meet because you know, we live in the times we live in, do you ever meet resistance to the words you do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know why because I use the word and back in a long time ago, dominance, right, and so in the dog world, if you use that word is actually a negative. But I learned, you know, from watching the Lakers. The Lakers dominated the court. Yeah, so to me it is, oh, that's that's leadership, okay. And and so I start changing words from dominance to assertive to confidence. So right now, everybody's okay with the word confidence, right. Nobody even had a problem with the word calmness. So a lot of times is the words that I use a lot of times is the the contact that I do with a dog. But again, I'm working with dogs who are extremely aggressive, right, So without me, they get medicated, they get isolated or put down. Right, And so I come in and I put a dog in the pack, or I put a dog in the pool or or whatever. People don't think it's the right thing. By the time I finished with the dog, that dog is alive, that dog is safe, and that that family is the happiest family on earth. That's why, you know, twenty years on TV. So they can hate as much as they want, but the prom is in the pudding. As they said in America, it will can I ask you this, what about do you ever meet a dog you used to I can't reach this dog.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. You know.
Speaker 2: We just finished season five and I met a dog named Brunello. Okay, And this guy came from Italy and this lady wanted a dog with some kind of you know, handicap problems. And this guy was blind, deaf and had a neological problem. Ok yeah, and then it developed an obsession to grab things from the floor in a very aggressive way, to the point that one time he took the pants from the lady in the middle of the street and left the naked. So this guy is blind his death. The wires inside are not connecting. Yeah, that's neurological. That's why you know, having dog from Pappy Mills are not a good thing. Guys, But because you know they're not they're they're not breeding well behaved. You know, genetics, right, regardless, this is my work of art, right, because I was, I don't know how to influence it, right, I don't know how he came hear me, he can't see me. He was calmed down. His nose was incredible, but his nose was so obsessed to find objects. So he was he was six years old. Six years old, so for six years he's been repeating the same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, ninety days later we rehabilitate. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, is the toughest one. Yeah, is blind and death. I mean I have aggressive dogs, but they're not blind or death, right, you know. So that was that was it should be easier because he was blind and death, it should it be easier, right, But that was mind blowing to me. I never seen a case like that in my life ever ever.
Speaker 1: So aggressiveness, aggressiveness and dogs, it's okay. Maybe aggressiveness and dogs is I mean, it's very common. Is a manifestation of fears. The dog insecure is up what it is? Well, if it's a front of the pack, it's true aggression. If it's a front of the pack, it's true aggression. Right, like police dogs. So in order for a police officer. To have a police dog, they need a front of the pack. They can't have middle or back.
Speaker 2: Now, when a dog is middle back and is behaving aggressive, it's fear right, right, because he's not supposed to give direction protection middle and back dogs they're not supposed to move forward and bite, get it right, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so most dogs.
Speaker 2: Are fear aggressive because there's a lot more followers than leaders and every and every litter of in every litter is only one pick of the litter, so it's only one. So you can only get one pick of the litter per per per litter. The rest are going to be.
Speaker 1: Every in every letter, then there's always one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go with the German shepherd people that are they're doing and dogs or they're doing police dogs. They get one dog per litter. The rest are pet quality or run off the litter. That's how they name it in the in the in the breeder world, pick up the litter.
Speaker 1: Come up here, Let me come up here. Let me show me you are leader dog? Are you leader dog? Are you look at this? This is not a leader dog. That's a the middle of the back. Yeah, it's a y a happy lucky one. Yeah, it's is yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the eyes, The eyes tells you you know who they were born as well? Right, Right, When a dog is too sensitive, that's a back of the pack. When a dog is like it has this happiness as the middle of the pack. When a dog has this strength, that's in front of the pack. You can see it through the eye contact.
Speaker 1: Can you see in every dog? You see you can tell right away what you're looking at.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but that's what I'm assessing and evaluating. Right, how does a dog feel? And what position that dog was born to be?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So I can help them, so you right, because that's what they want. Do you know what position? What is I born to be?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And do you know how I feel? Because most people they're already by the time they come to me, they're just devastated, right, and they already created a lot of stories in their head. So my job is to reality versus story. Right, Okay, this dog has anxiety, but it's the back of the pack. Or this dog has fear, but it's the middle of the pack.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Very few, very few, Every once in a while people bring it true front of the pack. And those are easier, by the way, because they oh my god, yes, they they it was a dog named Batman at Chihuahua, but it was a front of the pack, but they treated him like it was a middle of the pack. And this dog was just going after everybody.
Speaker 1: And so when I met I think it's been in front of the pack. They're always front of the fire.
Speaker 2: You know why, right, you know why because people keeps constantly keeping it, bringing it up here, picking them up, picking them up. Little dogs develop this Napoleon complex because the owner do not address the situation. The owner pick the situation. So the dog end up being bigger than anything in front of them, right, and then they get affection. And of course the dog is gonna they're gonna do that, of course, because they've been rewarded to do it. They've been reminded to do it. People with little dogs, they pick them up, they don't address it, and so.
Speaker 1: That's what So the dog thinks that if I behave a certain way, I'll get the love, and so I behave that way to get the love. I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean right, the dog is responding based on how the human responds. Right.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting. I'm just watching my dogs as I'm talking to you right now. And the way that they're playing, Like the jack Russell's lying down showing his belly, and the and the German shepherd is licking his beley. That's like, but is that dominance? Is that submiss what's going on now?
Speaker 2: No, they're playing, they're playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just that much.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you close your eyes, you can feel the energy and that gives you much accurate feeling because you're not supposed to assess and evaluate things with your eyes.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to feel it, right, You're supposed to be interested.
Speaker 2: Yes, so how would a cat be in that situation? The cow will feel that those dogs are playing, and that's what a cow will come. But if the cat that is a tension in the room, the cat will stay away all the cow will come in stop them.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's exactly what happens here. The cat is not around right now. But the cats in a bad mood, and that's a different.
Speaker 4: Do you ever try you ever try and train you do other animals too? You ever have two cats? I have two cats, I have a chinchilla, I have we have two birds. One the macau helps me a lot with the personal space, and then we have lamas and pacas. So I created a community the way I grew up with different animals, so people can see their dogs, can can you know, mingle with other species. So one day when you come to Lay, I want you to come to.
Speaker 2: See this forty three acres uh city that I created my own, my own universal studios. Yeah, and then one thing that we should do when you come is we bring UH really bad case so you can experience the transformation in the moment you see. So maybe I can bring my dogs, bring your dogs, of course, bring bring the dogs and I can help them introduce it. If you're never introduced to a lama or to chickens or to cat so whatever you want, right, so I can break it down for you. That's that's definitely a much better way for people to experience. When I talk about energy philosophy, actions, trush, respect, love, safe, peace.
Speaker 1: Love, it's very it's very interesting because to hear you talk about it, it makes so much sense, and yet it kind of is different. Come up here, come up here, come on, No, no like that, But it's very different to the way that I've been behaving with the dogs. I love my dogs, but I I kind of reward them for doing the wrong thing, and I think that's where I'm going wrong. I get right now, right, right, very interested.
Speaker 2: So if we become more simple, right, more and more natural, then we go after come, surrender, happy, go lucky. So that's what I give affection to. I don't have front of the pact. I don't need from the pack, right. I rescue middle and back of the pack dogs, right, because they're going to accept your dog quicker than the front of the pack, right, right, So I can have ten twenty thirty right, And so that way I carry the front of the pack, or my kids or anybody that works with me, they carry that position. So it's like you having a business and you leave the business and then somebody has to carry that position.
Speaker 1: R get it? So the same thing with everybody gets to be the CEO. Right, it's the front of the pipe dog and in the pack.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, right, God, and a family of humans and animals or dogs is all the humans become CEO in order for your children to do, you know, what they need to do when you're not there, which is great. There's a good responsibility, is a good activity. Eventually our kids can practice cam confidence or love, joy, or they can practice all of them at the same time. Calm, confident, love joy, because that's what I do. You know, when I'm helping people, I am calm, confident, love joy.
Speaker 1: Do you never It's funny how you you seem like a very confident man as well. You seem like you know what you're doing and you get it done. Did you ever experience doubt when you were starting out? Did you ever like I don't know if I'm going to be able to figure this out? Or you just always felt like you had an affinity with the animal and that that was you knew what you needed.
Speaker 2: To do when it came to my goal in life. I never had hesitation, right, It's like Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi. I'm guarantee you that those guys never hesitated for that. But I'm pretty sure that we had weaknesses in some other areas, right, Right, So like any other man, like, yeah, we're good here, but we're not good here.
Speaker 1: So I had I have.
Speaker 2: I had a great relationship with animals all my life, or with dogs of my life, not necessarily with women, right, So that was my weakness. My weakness is not knowing how to choose the right female for me.
Speaker 1: Right, My guess is in fact, you don't want to go in front of the fat. Don't go front of the fact. I get it.
Speaker 2: My weaknesses. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think you learned how to deal with people more from dealing with dogs? Is it informed you in any way or it's like a completely different rule.
Speaker 2: Well, the human rationalized. So the human goes right into the story, right, and so when the story and emotions get together, this human takes a lot longer to move on, right. So but when you go back into your spirituality, you know, live live in the moment type of thing, and it's about life and death, and then you are more to the reality. Right. So a lot of times people don't want to live in the reality, so I have to help them come from their story to the reality with a dog. They don't want to live in the story. They want to live in the reality.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They want to be happy, healthy, loving, smart, and the human is like, hey, you can be happy today. No, no, no, no, right now, I'm not ready. Some people postpone happiness, some people postpone hell for everybople, postpone love forever, right. Some people for postponed being smart. And smart doesn't mean like Elon must smart. Now I'm talking about just smart. Just make the right decisions, make good decisions, remember good things. But I tell my kids the mind is for three things, to learn, to achieve, and to teach. That's a good use of the mind. Otherwise, your spirit can tell you what to do, your instinct can tell you what to do, and your heart can tell you what to do. So trust your spirit, respect your instinct, love with the heart, create with the mind. Right, Because that's how I did what I became. I became the dog whisperer because I trust my spirit, respect my instinct, love with my heart, create with my mind.
Speaker 1: It's fair, it's it's a it's a much more kind of spiritual approach than I thought. Are you. Are you a religious man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I grew up Catholic, but I don't go to church. But I do believe in God, right, I do believe that God is the pact leader. He gives you direction protection as well. He gives you love and joy, but he first gives you direction protection, right right, right, So for me, God first gives you the masculine energy, then it gives you the feminine energy.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I get it. I get it. It's very it's a very fascinating approach to and clearly successful. I mean, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, and you can't see right now, but both my dogs are lying on my feet like good dogs, and they're both bathing very well, which I don't understand because you're learning.
Speaker 2: So when we get into the sound of learning and we like it, and then this calmness comes in and then our mind goes into this, Yeah, that's making sense. That feels good, right, and so that creates a different vibration that creates you don't have to tell a dog laid down. You just have to feel calm, confident and the dog will do the rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right. So that's why often I don't know, it is fascinating. It's interesting because I in order to get the dog to do what I want, I thought I had to get them excited, and it's kind of the opposite, right, It's like the you don't want to do that, tell the horse people to do that.
Speaker 2: Hey, the horse people, see the horse people make the horse gone before we're backwards, sideways and whatever they want, But they don't do it excited. They do it calmly, quietly, and a lot about the language, a lot of intention. Right, So the horse have to feel what you want, know what you want. And it's all about never losing the trust and respect from the horse. Right, And how do you achieve that silence, calmness, confidence? He says, So if it works for a horse, it works for a dog. It should be easier with a dog because a dog is being domesticated for such a long time that he wants to be with the human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one does. Come on, come on, come on, come on over, come on over and say hi. We need we gotta go. But I just want you to say hi, Say hi. I want more time, love more time, want more time. There you go, baby, there you go? Hey? Is true?
Speaker 2: More than looking to come to the ranch? I'd love you want to go to the range? I'm inviting her?
Speaker 1: Is Is is it true that they get some kind of dopamine from the ear scratch thing? Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Any massage? If you find that spot right, because not every dog like the ears, right, they all have the spot. Once you find the spot, then then you have the the other level, which is something they're among dogs. They don't they don't get to practice. That's that's why we have to take advantage. They can trigger this dopamine for a long period of time if we want to, we can. You know, we can create hypnosis in the dog if we know how to do it, and the dog would just stay hypnotize for a long period of time.
Speaker 1: That's the Jack Russell if if we do that under his chin and singing and sing him to a Lura lura, the Irish song zones right up. So that's right. It is that great shamous that.
Speaker 2: Is right.
Speaker 1: Listen. It's been so nice to talk to you. I feel like my dogs are bear I'm a bear man. Everything's working out great. Thank you. Oh okay, you're okay. The dog fell off the chair. Oh sweetheart, you're thank you so much for being on and when we're out and Ellie, I'd love to come and see that, at least I really would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's once in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: You have to see it.
Speaker 2: The world have to experience it because you know it's it's a very magical place. I have help a lot of lives there and the energy, you can feel the energy.
Speaker 1: I would love to see that. Thank you, more power to you, my friend, Thank you very much. Thank you