Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black.
Speaker 2: Were around ambition Ambition, Ambition, Ambition, emisition.
Speaker 1: We gotta do it, we gotta do. You have to do one of the combos, you know, like of like the song, like it's like many clips of you know, the many ways that the song has been sung.
Speaker 3: Tiffany, are you in my brain? Like micro business? These shows and what they're gonna be when they finally air us up? Tell me, but let me just prepare you in advance. I am putting you know, I'm a journalism girley, and I'm really putting on my best Good Morning America producer hat when it comes to this like four part series and welcome to part number two, which is where we're going to talk about the future after Tiffany's gone from Brown Ambition. But yeah, welcome to Brown Ambition, y'all. This is our special four part series because Tiffany, if y'all have been living under a rock, how is there any way that you don't know by now that Tiffany is it's hard to say it in a way that doesn't sound like you're on life support. Tiffany is no longer going to be with us.
Speaker 1: That's not crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm yeah, Tiffany's leaving. Leaving sounds like I don't know. My therapist would say, I wonder why you're so uncomfortable with the word leaving. Tiffany is some you talk.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am no longer going to be the co host of Brown and Viission, but bran Abission continue.
Speaker 3: The permanent co host.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, for sure, I'm going to come back to visit girl.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make sure there's a loophole so big in that contract will be updated. No, for sure, but yeah, and I'm not letting Tiffany go without a proper send off. And it just feels right because honestly, for the next month, I will not be thinking about anything else or wanted to talk about anything else. This is like, this is why they say in lesbian relationships, like there's just the conversations are endless and like you never like it's just constant because like, all I want to do is talk about this and it could take hours and hours and hours. We're just going to work through it together. So if you haven't listened to it yet, go back and listen to Oh that was a really nice episode where we just got to take a walk down memory lane. I kept walking down memory lane after we signed off, because I'm something of a Google doc archaeologist and I don't know if anyone else is, but I love, you know, just it's it's literally like, at this point, almost two decades worth of artifacts from my life, and I was wondering, like what I remember There was a spreadsheet when we first planned the show, and I went back and I found it and I was like, that's Brown Ambition, That's where we came up with it. And the other names were so trash. I mean, when you send me the text, I was like, not the loop, the leap, the nudge, like the nudge, life after Money, like they were giving David Bach titles likely and so though, okay, sorry, but he's the originator of the five l Anyway, really fun little snippets. You guys got to follow us on IG because I'm gonna start sharing some of these, like little throwback. Our first message is about the show, you know, just fun stuff, you know, January first, when you're not like the permanent co host and I don't know either, but it's also just I'm very I'm pretty comfortable in that space of uncertainty when it comes to career stuff. I think that's in the bravery that you have to walk away from something when there's not like a big reason. It's just like it feels right. I've done what I came here to do, you know, and I'm really excited. I mean, the thing is like even without it being about you leaving Brown ambition, like I'm always excited to see what next kind of adventure Tiffany is going to go on because there's always something new and fun.
Speaker 1: And girl, I mean Wayne too, I'm like, shoot, I mean the audience, right, And I guess kind of I don't want to say breakups. But not all endings are as are unfortunate. Not all endings are violent. Not our endings are as a result of someone doing something wrong that like I love that we get to be an example of like hm, you know, and it's not even really an end. It's a transition because like our friendship doesn't end. So I go, I'm glad that you guys that this is not just kind of this one off like hey, this is my last episode, surprise, I'm so sorry. And then we move on. You get to hear Mandy and I continue to interact like, oh wait, I could tell the friendship is still there. Oh wait, they still care about each other. So wait, wait, what's happening because that's what we're told that something must have happened. No, nothing at all happened between Mandy and I. You know, it's just time and I'm listening, and.
Speaker 3: If anything, we just developed a deeper relationship. And it's like that shift from like I said, in the beginning, it was like thirty friendship, seventy business and now it's just I mean maybe ten, it's just all Now it's all friendship. Well, even though we acknowledge that we don't know what's coming next, like individually for the show, for you, let's just play pretend though, because goal setting is something that neither of us is a stranger to. So let's do some vision work because I just want to know you've we've heard often. I've heard often about the changes that you're making. You just talked about having a co CEO of the budget Nista, bringing the Liverature Academy under the Budgetiesta umbrella. What you got cooking over? Like, what do you think? Well, I think that you want to see one other three to six months.
Speaker 1: I'll say this that you know, just turn forty five and literally you know, midlife. Well, we hope, because you know, you lived to ninety plus. And I think the biggest shift of this half of my life, especially professionally, I feel like this big shift away from Budgetista and toward tiffany more because for the last sixteen years I have been almost exclusively Budgetista, and I think that's what like space is being created for. And what I mean is that, like I feel like I told you, like that experience I had in last Vegas seeing that you know, unhoused woman digging through the trash, and how I had this visceral reaction, not like my first time seeing somebody do that. But what has been coming up for me a lot is that I'm entering into an area of strategic philanthropy, you know, like behind the scenes, I'm always giving, Like a teacher will hit me up and be like, oh, can you help me with my Amazon store for the kids? Sure, Hey, you know, I donate here, I get here, you know. So that's always been a part of my life. But I feel like, you know, it's always been like kind of like this behind the scenes Tiffany off to the side part of my life. But I feel like I'm actually going to bring that to the forefront and link it to the business. Like how can I but a foundation? I don't know, I don't think right away. So one the financial part I had never heard. Have you ever heard of a donor advice fund?
Speaker 3: A donor advised yes, that term, yes, but explain it though.
Speaker 1: So as far as a donor advice fund is when you it's almost like think about it like as a pre nonprofit. So one of my favorite nonprofits is the Unadded Way of Greater Newark. And let's just say like not even let's just say one of the things like when I saw that woman, I said, I'm going to go back to Newark, like you know, like I felt like the divine said that, what are you going to do about it? And I said, I'm going to feed, you know, regularly feed the hungry in Newark. And I told myself I'm going to commit to start at first, I said one thousand dollars a month and twelve hundred and I landed on two thousand dollars a month. And I will partner with black brown own businesses to say how many people can we feed? You know, your I know, three restaurant tours that I can reach out to and be like, what would this look like if I gave you this money and you can you know, once a month we have like a feeding so people can know where to come. And then I reached out to my friend and CEO of the United Way of Greater Newer, Catherine Wilson, and she was like, ooh, do it through us, because if you do it through us, then we could get matching funds. Credential is housed in Newer Audible as a newer Panasonic is a newer and to them, what's two thousand dollars a month? So maybe that two thousand becomes ten, you know, so now you get to support this black or brown own business and then you also get to feed And so this is what's turning in my head of like the direction I'm heading. It's like so it's it's still like budget needs to adjacent, but more tiffany than budget. How would that be?
Speaker 3: Like I wonder strategically if it's personal funds that you'd be using for that or do you see using a portion of like the proceeds your businesses?
Speaker 1: So the donor advice fund is the first part. So I talked to my financial advisor about it on Jillie and she said, let's open a donor advice fund. And I was like, what's that. She gave me some paperwork to read. I didn't read it, but I did watch you a YouTube video and so what I learned in the video that it's just nonprofitable. So let's just say I tell myself. So, for example, Angelie said, you have some stocks and acorns that had been sitting there for some time, and like, Robin Hood, Robin Hood. I know. So I just randomly had some stock sitting there that had grown, and she was like it was about the same amount of money, about twenty thousand dollars about what I wanted to donate. So she said, you know what if you cash out your stocks, obviously any of that growth is taxable, but she was like, let's cash out and put it in a donor advice fund, which is basically a nonprofit kind of like a nonprofit before a nonprofit, if you will, which means that that I can get the text benefit of putting it in my donor advice fund and then I can dispense it when ready.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, so I was like huge nonprofit nonprofits yes, gotcha, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's say, for example, the benefit is, let's just say I'm committed to twenty four thousand dollars a year two thousand dollars a month. But what if i have a major magnanimous year next year and I'm like, oh my gosh, we have this extra money. I'm going to put one hundred thousand dollars, but I'm not sure where to put it yet. I can put one hundred thousand in the donor Advice Fund and then dispense it as maybe I just say, I'm still doing two thousand dollars a month, but now I have enough to last me the next however many years, if that makes sense. So it allows me to kind of like pre give to a nonprofit while like in a holding pattern before I give it to the nonprofit I want to give it to. And so that's my understanding of it. If y'all listening, like, that's not how it goes. But I had I had asked, is this right? She said yes, I'm sure there's more to it, but essentially that that's what I'm able to do. And so I'm really excited about that. I'm really excited. But I actually have a meeting with her today Unduly, my CPA, my CFP, and I am excited about. Okay, so what's next? Like, I've got an email saying that the money is now available, that the stocks that I sold are now sitting in the donor Advice fund, And so like, what do I do now? How do I reach out to you in that way? How do I send them it? You know, do I just send them twenty four thousand after that? Or do I really just do two thousand dollars a month? And then my next step is to reach out to the restaurant tours that I know. I'm thinking about Vonda's and Newark. My friend Adina owns a ihop and I know she'd already does a lot of volunteer work in that way by feeding folks. And then I also know a truck, a food truck, which might be great because maybe we can go physically to places that because you know people, I mean, how I don't want to have, you know, like a place where people can't get to, so maybe the food truck. So I'm thinking like, but also too, I wanted that this is the opportunity to support black and brown small businesses and so I'm excited about it. I'm thinking about doing it like the same day every month, Like say it's like the first Sunday of every month. That way people in the community can either come out and volunteer time, you know, maybe you like I've always heard that a lot of folks who are on house socks is a big thing. So maybe you can bring socks, women sanitary you know, materials like pads and tampons and this that that's a huge one. Maybe you can bring that. You know, maybe someone has kids, and so someone says, you know, I would really love some school clothes. So I imagine that it starts off as people come for food but leave with other things. Maybe people bring book bags maybe, but just know, once a month there's a place that you can come to receive if necessary, but there's also a place that you can come to give if you want to. And so I'm really when I say that is the thing, like you know, Bujanisa's trucking along, we're getting contracts and YadA, yah YadA. But this is the thing that excites me about what I want this next part of my life to look like. And so if there is anything kind of new, it's really this and the thing that kind of is lighting me up inside.
Speaker 3: Is this, Oh that's nice. I think groceries too, just even like a bag of yes, honestly, because you can a meal is a meal, and I think that's just it's lovely. But also I'm like the way that families are being crushed by grocery costs and two even for one week, think about I mean, this is something any of us could do, but just like dropping off like one hundred dollars worth of essentials, which these days ain't gonna be much, but you know, eggs and milk and you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you want groscty cards, right, that always helps.
Speaker 3: To grocery cards, yeah, oh cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cards, like you know, because where we live there's a shop, right and stopping shops, so maybe it's like hey, and they can like go in with dignity, yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Food beats are wonderful, yes, because you can go when you go in person in your shop, right, and they also like give away I believe so.
Speaker 1: But you're right, what if you had to? Because so I see this really growing into like I've been saying this for a while, that the only way we're going to survive the next few years of what feels like is coming, like you know, this great financial reckoning feels like it's coming escually form the middle class. It's going to be a community. Yeah, and so in the United Way actually has this initiative called Neighbors Helping Neighbors, and that's what it's going to look like, that it's going to be like community. So I love the idea. So imagine to your point. It starts off it's like, oh, yeah, this restaurant has food that you can come get. But also, you know the food bank we partner because there is a new Jersey based food bank that I volunteered with before. They're there with food and people come donated. And also you know there's a book back place over there where somebody donated book banks. And also you know, so I would.
Speaker 3: Love also there's someone in line who's going through the same thing. And maybe you guys sit down together. Yeah your kids are the same age or yes, you know, and like you realize you're not so alone. My husband such a lone wolf. I think a lot of us out He's just become that way more and more in his in his ornery clothes. I'm really from Middle Asia anyway, and all the time he's like, why don't you just go to the grocery store? Why do you have to bother so and so. The way, I texted three of my neighbors last night for half a cup of vegetable oil because I'm trying to make these damn cookies that they asked me to make. And I'm like, you guys want these cookies. I need half a cup of vegetable oil because I'm not about to go to the store. And today I needed sugar and I was like a bit of boo boo boo boop, Yeah, sugar. And sometimes it's like, yeah, I could go to the store. But also it's nice to give people it. I think it's on both ends. It feels really good when you have the missing lego piece, a small little piece that you were able to give someone. And I honestly think if we when we don't need some, you know, so dire just to like it's like stitching a fabric, one stitch, you know, it's like, yes, yes, it's like one little stitch. And the relationships and I've talked about my neighbors before, but we keep like tough, you know, giving and taking from each other in the most beautiful way. And it's like we're really weaving this fabric and it's lovely. And I know if something like huge were to come up, it wouldn't even like my husband honestly should be thinking me and all the partners of the world, whatever your gender identity is. But like, to nurture these relationships, it is a form of harvesting. It's a form of like sowing seeds and you know, building this foundation and building security and resilience so that the community can show up for you. And it takes humility and you got to like drop some ego to admit it. But I love that. I love that that is at the center of what you're talking about too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I's just also to this is an excitement for I don't know what it'll grow to, you know, I don't know, like you know, maybe this becomes this big, huge thing and maybe doesn't. But either way, I know, people get served and helped. And yeah, so if there is a what's Tippy doing next? This is the only I mean, there's some new things in business we are we are incorporating more B to B than we've ever had before because like we've been kind of known for cost you know, cost not cost prohibitive, but like cost fare like tools and resources. You know, we try to keep our like I always try to keep my budgets to prices within range of what I hope the average person you know, can afford, if not free, many of our things. And so you know that's been we've been B two C heavy, heavy, heavy, and so more recently, especially working with the Board of Education in Newark, I'm realizing that we have to like, you know, create a foundation of some B to B to even offset some of the cost because I don't want to raise prices on the B two C in order for us to survive. But that's what it looks like. But if I can get an organization to underwrite basically like oh, you know, they paid us, you know, maybe twice as much but I normally would charge y'all to do a thing, then then I could keep prices the same. And so there that's kind of like if there is a big business change, it's that we've been working with more and more organizations, state organizations, federal organizations, nonpolite.
Speaker 3: The curriculum is it the yeah, a mix.
Speaker 1: So sometimes some people are like literally, there was one organization that wants to buy access to our curriculum.
Speaker 3: And the curriculum is the that's the one that you introduced in like Jersey schools.
Speaker 1: So that was just a law saying they had to do something that they had to have financial education. So but but they didn't have a curriculum. So we wrote one based upon get good with Money. So we've written a curriculum that now people are wanting to purchase because we kind of we practiced it, if you will, this last summer with the with the summer program, and it went really well, and we're like okay, and so we're like, this is great. We already kind of had a curriculum for adults, if you will, but not so much for for students. And so my alma or two is bringing financial education Montclair State like our financial County.
Speaker 3: Thank you to the Life Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anology, and so I'm really excited that, Like so these organizations like literally there are the state, county whatever, like for example, this one county organization which I thought was so beautiful. They get funding from the federal government to they are rolling it out to homeless shelters and they said, Tiffany can you come teach or can you have like financial educas education classes here at this shelter. And I said, oh my god, that's like perfectly aligned. That's what I'm wanting. And so it's great because obviously the folks there don't have to pay. So I'm like, we're gonna do like a three month test to see how that goes. And it won't be me teaching. We have teachers now that we train to teach. They'll come in weekly teach our curriculum, but we will I'm going to modify the curriculum to suit the audience, you know, because and so which is great because you know, you can't talk about like and this is how you invest in the market right now and someone's unhoused.
Speaker 3: You know, and then you can get like certified budget needs to teachers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's where we're.
Speaker 3: Working with money people and then they can.
Speaker 1: Go and if you're really sensitive, you understand. So like y'all know that my best friend Linda is a social worker. She just got her master's. Go Linda. So Linda, I said, Linda, girl, how much would you charge me once a month to go into that shelter and do a session. Because there's so many resources available. I can promise you they're not getting and Linda could be like, girl, what do you mean that you have disability? No, girl, you need to be getting this, this, this, this, this, And so I want Linda to come in once a month to have a session, to really sit with folks, to say, tell me all that's happening, and I'm going to tell you what you need to be asking for. And so I'm really excited. And then I'm gonna see if I can have a doctor come in to do some sort of session, because to me, financial education is not just this is a dollar. It's a holistic look of where you are and where you want to be. So I just say all that to say that even the business is aligning with this kind of philanthropic move that we're moving forward. So I'm excited because getting these contracts means that I can still do the B two C for free or really low cost because the B to B offsets, you know, some of the income that we need to make in order to like, you know, to stay here. So it's exciting times for growth, but growth that's aligned. I never want to grow in a way that's not aligned with who I want to be. I always want to be in integrity, you know. And it's like, can you make good money help good people do good work. I believe so, And we've been doing it for sixteen years, and certainly there's some years where it's really hard. During the pandemic, the Girls was make it big. I'm talking about tens of millions of dollars, but it was not in integrity with the way I wanted to show up. And I definitely was looking like, damn, that would be cute to make But that's a girl. You want to you want to look in the mirror, you want to sleep well at night. And so we didn't. And so we still make good money, but not nearly like that. But I'm okay with that because in the end I have to look at myself in the mirror and say, like, you know, like that was okay? Or are you harmful to the very people you promised to serve? Tiffany, what is the point? You know? And so we figure it out, and so we're getting better and better at figuring it out.
Speaker 3: Proud to be all right, let's take a quick break. Well, yeah, let's take a quick break, and we'll come back and then we'll talk about what's next for Brown and.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited. I'm like, what you won't be up to girl?
Speaker 3: The right FACTBA fam and we're back, all right. So Mandy asked me the question everybody, Yes, what are so?
Speaker 1: I'm really curious. I can't wait to see? But like, well, tell me, yes, what one? What do you? What are you thinking? What is your vision for b A two point.
Speaker 3: H b A two point oh? Well?
Speaker 1: Like what are you pulling up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Do you guys pressure you looking at it?
Speaker 3: I'm I was like, no, I'm pulling up the survey results.
Speaker 1: So it's like one thing, not me. I'm gonna get this.
Speaker 3: I just I truly genuinely can't care what the BA fan wants, but I can. Okay, So before I tell you guys what y'all want, I'll tell you what I want. And the good news is that that's pretty much in alignment. I want the freedom and I think I'm gonna get this from BA fan because y'all have already been so generous and sent messages and yeah, and just like even a person at FINCN the live event just said like we're riding with Mandy and we and there's like a trust there, which Tiffany, I know you have in me, and that makes me feel and I do trust myself too. It just makes me feel excited because I feel very capable. I mean, obviously you know Brown Ambition was my little brain baby, and then you know it wouldn't have it would not have been what it is or become what it is without you. But it is like that, it's so ingrained with like it's just a part of who I am. I can't give it up. It's mine. I could never imagine a world where Brand Ambition is not in the world in some way, shape or form. So I am open to a bunch of possibilities. But here I'll run through some ideas that I've had. Okay, so the first my first inclination was like, I'll have different I'll just do solo shows. You know, there's some great shows that I know the host of, like we've had Less from Balanced Black Girl on you mentioned Ratchet and Respectable Tiffany. There's Journey to Launch with Jamila Suffrant. There's Jokio Dinero with Jennie's Torres. So there's plenty of examples of single host led shows where they kind of do some solo episodes and then they have some guests. But I can't. I don't want to give up the magic of what a relationship between co host and that fun that like the sense of you know, we don't necessarily we know we're gonna come here and talk about a financial topic or career whatever, but we're also we also know that these two people are gonna have fun while they're doing it, and there's gonna be this like bounce back and forth and rapport with But when I thought about that, I was like, but I'm never gonna find another love then love. I don't. It's getting weird, but that's what we love. They love like will they won't? They get it over you guys, stop it? Yeah, but it's it. I started to feel like, well, Tiffany and I like this chemistry. You just can't find that spark. And I started to run through you know, past guests we've had and who and and I don't have that kind of easy rapport with just anybody. So then I was like, oh, little, that will work. So then I did a bunch of panic pitching to like all these I went to all these like I've been pitching. I mean, I'm always pitching for interesting guests, guests that are on like my top list. But I did lots of pitching. I mean I pitched Is Ray. I have been pitching her for ten years. Ten years ago on the spreadsheet that I started for Brown Ambition, she was on it.
Speaker 1: And you know who hasn't been on the show, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I pitched Ava du Verne, Tracy Ellis Ross. I am going at it from every direction. Publishers, anyone writing a book. You know. I just saw Mama Tina's coming out with a book. I'm like, bet I will be start hounding her her PR agency now. So then I was like, okay, but the celebrity heavy show. I don't want that to be the show either. So I've also thought about Brown Ambition. I'm like, should we do a Patreon on top of the and then what would that look like? And it's like a little bit of you know, all these ideas have been going around and I think what.
Speaker 1: I've what I've sort of like, oh and sorry.
Speaker 3: One more brain wave I had this week is to have two co hosts to an addition to me, not permanently, but to start seeing what it could feel like with I was thinking of adding a guy, adding a male perspective, right, and adding a Latino latina, uh, latine, because our audience, like for me, Brown Ambition was very intentional. You know. I thought of first Blonde Ambition because I thought it was like a Marilyn Monroe movie, but it wasn't. It was the name of Madonna's tour, and then a really terrible movie with Jessica Simpson. But anyway, but then I was like, Okay, take out Blonde with Black ambition. But then I saw but then I'm like Brown Ambition because I wanted to genuinely like encompass more than just black women, and because of our because of our all like your first of all, because if you're already baked an audience, because of who we are, our audience has definitely skewed more heavily toward black women, which is no I know, nothing wrong with that at its core. But when I looked at the survey results, I asked, you know, what is your race or ethnicity, and I believe it was seventy percent African American Black, and then about twenty percent Hispanica, which I think is great. And we've always I think we have done a really good job having super diverse guests. We've had South Asian guests, We've had Hispanic guests, we've had Middle Eastern guests. I mean, my goodness. And I just think, you know, it's going to be a majority minority by what twenty twenty five. That's twenty forty five is not that far away. And I just love the idea of expanding this, expanding it. And then you think about shows like the friend Zone that has the three co hosts, and I love this show called Vibe Check that has three black mail queer co hosts, and it just seemed fun. And so in my head, I'm like casting who that panel could be. So you know, I wouldn't say if you all see me out here with the co host or with a panel, I can't say that it's going to be like a permanent thing. I also don't know how like these people got are, Like Tiffany, when you and me, it's like Monday every It's like it was ingrained in our DNA, you know, to show up Monday at one pm, week after week after week. It's different when obviously there's more people involved. Any of those ideas to you, Tiffany, Like what do you think you don't have a horse in this race anymore.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean I love the idea of a panel. I never thought about that. That's like, oh, you know, I'm like, who's kind of interesting. And I like, you know, cause especially I like the idea of like a male perspective, and yes you do.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been nervous about I've been I've been curious to hear people's idea of I mean, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like there should always be the women should always over over, you know, there should I wouldn't have two men into and just you and like na like always you're going to know. So it's either three women or we'll let one man in and call him Jerome and we still have that one name for all the men that listened to Jerome or something like that, right, So I'm I actually that sounds very interesting. But I also believe that you can carry by yourself, you know, you know, like because Mandy's freaking hilarious, Like she was just on my Yahoo finance like oh my God podcast and no Mandy was I was gonna pee my pants. Maby was so freaking hilarious and not even like you know, like on the show itself. Yes, we like a laugh. I'm talking about like pre like preparing, like you know, like because a lady. I remember my the producer at the show was like, you know, we've never had anyone like cause you know, you couldn't come into the studio that day, and so she was like, you were our first non studio guest, Like I hope you know that. And they were so worried, They're like, oh, are you gonna be able to keep it?
Speaker 3: Literally I would be on Yahoo Finance every week for like two years.
Speaker 1: Girl. They were like, are you well, you know, will you be able to like keep the energy up? I was like, have you met Mandy? And so we had a time and so it just reminded me just how good you are at this. So I think, you know, that's what I initially thought. I was like, I could see Mandy doing this by herself and then bringing in people when she feels like it. But I also like, ooh intriguing, and maybe you know, maybe you do that part of it, maybe that's for Baqa or maybe that's you do Baqobay yourself, but then you have the panel, you know, on your Wednesday show. I don't know, so honestly, like I'm like, ooh, all this sounds like so exciting.
Speaker 3: I want like the anti CNN like cable news panel, just like really fun smart people. I mean, y'all tell me who you like. But I feel like the closest instant like chemistry that I've had with someone even close to what you and I have, Tiffany, is Chris from Popcorn Finding.
Speaker 1: Because I like you, I knew you're gonna say that is my brother.
Speaker 3: Like he just I don't just invite anyone to stay at my house with my children and my messy ass house and my dog who bit him while he was here.
Speaker 1: You a dandy girl.
Speaker 3: No, Chris is fam and his big old bald head is gonna get even bigger when he hears this.
Speaker 1: No, I can see that because he's got great energy, super cony us.
Speaker 3: He's a very secure man. He's single, newly single, and I just know that y'all are gonna love the way that every time I see him, someone else is trying to set him up, and it's usually me and then one other person at the same time.
Speaker 1: Mis be helpful is exactly like you know, one of those little remember that it was like those little books that you get it was like, mister miss sunshine, miss whatever. There used to be these round like little balls. You're too young, damn it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was gonna connect. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, it's like miss they were like mister this and miss that, and they were like a little ball and they like had like the personality was like their name. You know, mister this is helpful missus. But anyway, she literally is like this ball of sunshine and just like so I can see that. Oh, I'm getting excited about that idea.
Speaker 3: And we had like a we were at an event, the three of us at finn Conn and I was like, they didn't even know Chris keeps. He's like, I know you're thinking. I called him on the phone the other day and just asked him some Raindom questions about politics pop culture. He's like, are you auditioning me right now? I was like, I don't know. Shut up, how do you feel about Puerto Rico being called? And I went to trash.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that baby, honestly, Yes, girl, Okay.
Speaker 3: So we shall see. We're going to continue definitely doing video, We're going to continue doing live events. And you know, that is the thing that really has pushed me toward like I want to have more friends of the show or like semi permanent co host whatever, like just people, because I love that live event so much. And it's really funny because I talked to Less after her live show for Balanced Black Girl, which was an amazing event last week in the city, and she was like, I do not enjoy the live events, like they take a lot out of her. She doesn't like the planning part of it all that I really like it and it doesn't it stresses me out, but like not in a bad way, especially if I get to just be with people that I can be completely comfortable with and I know that there's going to be like some kind of entertainment and takeaways for the audience, Like I want to do more of that, And so to think about the kind of people I would like to share that space with and who would be down, you know, like down to just show up in a random city and say hi, to be a fan and genuinely love our show and know the history.
Speaker 1: And I like life events too, because you know, we like I like meeting people, you know, like everybody, no nobody comes with like the grunpy you know, people are coming for a good time and we give it to them, so like it was such a good time that live then I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And roasted salmon and.
Speaker 1: I mean, Nisa, the Browns want to eat and they were like yeah and did so yeah.
Speaker 3: Honestly, So it's really fun to talk about and it's all been in my head. So even just like an Tiffany, I'll probably brainsworm some stuff with you too. And but that's one thing, you know, I'm interested in the next episode that you guys probably hear in this series. Maybe the fourth will be our conversation with doctor Joy because one of the things that I'm excited about, so doctor Joy from Therapy for Black Girl, She's gonna come on and do a session with me and Tiffany kind of like we're gonna be looking at the next future, but in particular to our relationship, because I want to be respectful of you wanting like a fresh start, and I don't want to be I don't want you to. I don't want to Like it's kind of like when you're you're married and you try to go to dinner and it's like, what do we talk about besides the kids? Yeah, And it's not that we I mean, obviously we could talk about you give us one keyword and you and me could fill like at least an hour, be like red balloons.
Speaker 1: Yes one time, and we can just.
Speaker 3: Go and but anyway, I do want to talk about like I have these ideas for brand ambition, but like I don't want to like dump them all on you or be like what do you think and did? And then you know, I don't know why that's gonna feel for you. We don't have to go there now, but that is something like I think it'll be good to talk about, Okay, but hopefully in this light, little casual way. Okay, it does feel really good to know that you're excited about.
Speaker 1: I am it totally. It's not anything in my mind. I just was thinking, like, Okay, either Mandi's gonna do it by herself. She could totally do and have guess on what she wants, or maybe she'll find a co host. But I never thought of a pair, and I'm like, it sounds genius, honestly it does. And then I love especially I think what makes me really excited is because the two people that you're thinking of that in that vein, I'm like, oh my gosh, yes, yeah, they're like two amazing people. So I'm just I'm really, really, really excited. And this is the best case scenario what I hoped would happen.
Speaker 3: When I'm wild to me that I'm even thinking about talking to you about who else could be sitting it's wild.
Speaker 1: This is what we call growth when the Kelly hands, you know, because this is what I hoped. I hoped that in me telling you that, well, one, I knew you were going to continue, but I was hoping that that it wouldn't be like I don't know, like I mean, of course there's angst to whatever, but I hope that you could really see like, oh my gosh, there's this thing inside you that is like, you know, you are ready to bloom and blossom and move forward. I knew that there was something amazing on the other side of this that wasn't going to happen with me here. You know. My friend Brandon said it best. Then, Sometimes when we don't do the thing, we don't leave, you know, because we think to ourselves like, well, I don't want to like, you know, because of someone else, like you know, but what you're really doing exactly holding them back that you're leaving. Is not just this like release for you, It's also released for that person too, Like I would have never thought about a panel, and it sounds amazing and exciting, and I can't wait to listen because, you know, you I could just see union're Netie talking about a thing and then Chris being like, well as a guy, you know, and like, I never thought about it in that way, you know, not the podcasting guys, but you know, the nice ones, you know. And so I don't know, I'm really really really excited. And I don't know that this comes up without me, with me being here, you know.
Speaker 3: It would have felt sacrilegious to.
Speaker 1: The you know, because and I don't know that I would have been opposed to it. I just I don't know, just just when it came up, you know, like it's not an idea that I would have thought of.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, well, whenever someone's here with us, I always feel like, why is this company gonna leave? Take take our bras off, like, you know, take the spanks off.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while we get somebody who's like, I mean, well no, not can we take true true?
Speaker 3: Every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Great, there's a connection and you're like, oh, okay, you know, like we're doing the Bobby Brown, Whitney Houston. Okay, you know. But but yeah, for the most part, I mean, and I love our guests, and you know, I'm not gonna tell you who it's our you know, fames, but that it does kind of feel like, oh, okay, bye bye anyway, Mandy, so like we will say you a girl exactly. So I would have never thought about that because we have such a great rapport that it wouldn't have made sense to me. But like seeing it now, I'm like, oh my god, that sounds genius. And so I'm really really really excited for brand ambition. Like it's the shakeup it needs, you know what I mean, It's literally the shakeup it needs.
Speaker 3: All Right, So I said I was gonna share y'all's y'all's feedback. So from the survey, I just wanted to let you know we're on the same page. Because fifty percent of our listeners said they want me to record solo and to have guests occasionally ten percent. Only ten percent said focus on celebrity guests. That was the third most way am I going in this order? That's weird number one, like one, two, three, Jesus number one, record solo and have guests occasionally. Thank you guys. Fourteen percent fifteen percent almost said they want me to find another permanent co host, and then ten percent said they want me to focus on booking celebrity guestices. And I'm gonna, honestly, I'm going to increase that I want Mandy to find another permanent cost about twenty percent because there was a lot of write in candidates and most of it is like I really I'm gonna miss Tiffany so much. I mean, you know, it's like a combination of all the things. So I'm listening to y'all, ba fam. I'm so glad that this survey came out when it did. But and I'm really happy to hear that it's not about the celebrity guest I don't think Brandon Viish was ever really about that. Not to say that I will turn down Esa right ever in my life. Hell Malia Obama, I'm like, you know, like I would say, yes, absolutely, but but that's not what brand ambition was ever supposed to be. I go back to those notes of our show from twenty fifteen, when we were planning it and the script that I wrote in like it was about us. It was about literally creating a conversation with that centers women of color. It makes us feel safe and seen and we can talk about for one case. And you know, oh, I was trying to find an alliteration, but the only thing I could think of was fuck poise And that is not at all how I want to end this episode. But we can talk about it all and so that's really what it's about. It's that so thank I mean, I'm excited. I'm every time I talk about it out loud, I get excited and I'm glad because I was so sad. Yeah, I'm super proud of us and this was fun. Thank y'all for listening. Brand Ambistion will continue, Tiffany will continue her greatness. Leave us a review, Pola if you haven't yet, make it your You're goodbye gift to Tiffany. Tell her how much you love her. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, and we'll see you next time. By you hm m hm