Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, Demntrey Moore and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Players Lounge for the Players play and we keep it real. We are without Neuie Scrugs, no barriers, Church, no Demontegmore. But that's no problem, that is no problem at all. You have Anthony Dorset, you have myself, Jesse Holly, and we are going to give it.
Speaker 3: To you the way you are supposed to get it.
Speaker 4: This is brought to you by Aristocrat and the segment is presented by Yetti officially licensed Jetti Cowboy Gears now available at the stadium's pro Shop concession and on yet com.
Speaker 3: As we get into.
Speaker 4: This week's what is this week three of training camp for the Dallas Cowboys out in ox Star, California. This to me, this to me and and and all the practices that we are looking at is the big one.
Speaker 3: This is the joint practice with the La Rams.
Speaker 4: They come into town and you know this is where you get to test your manhood.
Speaker 3: This is where it's good on good.
Speaker 4: This is where you get kind of be able to set yourself apart. And we're gonna get into this. I do want to recap some of the injuries that the Cowboys have had so far. Yesterday Mazzie Smith went out with the well yesterday went out with the knee injury. You already have Tyler Guidon out with his knee injury. You have Rob Jones out with the broken neck. He'll be out for a couple of months. Of course, you have the decimation of the dB room and all those guys over there hurt trying to work their way back. So the Cowboys are looking at this situation with some guys that are injured. But if Coach Schottenheimer is to keep to what he's been saying that this is going to be a physical practice, it's going to be a physical training camp, that this is going to be how we are going to do things as a football unit, I think he has to keep pushing forward to this. But they have the joint practice with the LA Rams today. From your perspective, from a player's perspective, has the joint practice for the vets. I'm gonna say for the ones and for the twos. I said this on my show earlier. No offense, no offense to the Jesse Hollies of the worlds career jag, I can say that's another guy. Now, it's just another guy in the National Football League. Please don't disrespect.
Speaker 2: But but.
Speaker 4: I was always on the bubble. I was always looking. We don't want to see you, guys. We don't want to see the Jesse Hollies of the world in this. And you guys have Saturday. You'll have all Saturday for the world to see you, the Jesse Hollies of the world. But for this joint practice, I want to see one verse one, twos versus twos, good versus good. How important from a player's perspective is the joint practice?
Speaker 5: Man you talk about, So you know, every day at training camp, of course you're getting evaluated, but you're getting evaluated against the same talent day in day out, day in day out. Now, once you get this joint practice, and it's really like some it's true competition as far as like almost game like competition. So now you're going to actually get a measuring stick of yourself, of your team against some other talent. You're going to get to go up against guys that you don't see every day, so you're not getting used to what they're doing. You don't know their releases, you don't know their techniques and everything else like that. So this comes down to like actually being a good place to start, you know, looking at your talent and saying, Okay, what do we have compared to what everybody else has? These practices are going to be some of the most intense practices that they've had so far through our training camp.
Speaker 4: No, and I agree with you one hundred percent, because you're talking about you know, being in camp. You know ten, twelve, thirteen days, you going up against the same people every single day. Don't nobody got thirteen days with the bag, you know what I'm saying. Like you ain't got that many too in your toolbox.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So eventually, you know, whatever moves you got, your three four move that you got in your toolbox, I didn't seen them. You didn't see mine. We then repped it out a multitude of.
Speaker 5: Times yea with teammates, so we know, so we know that there's that rub where we're gonna go hard, but we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be respectful with what we do.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now we got this other team coming in here, and it's like no holds barred at this point, we're going to like WW SmackDown right now. It's about to get cracking for real. So I'm excited to hear what's going on out there. I know knew he was gonna be keeping us in form when we get with him and everything like that, just to see, you know, okay, where are we at with these injuries, how is it looking like putting this man here, putting that man there, and uh, just to see, you know, like what shot he's gonna think about it. Also, after everything has done and said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this being coach Schottenheimer's first official training camp as a head coach, you know this joint practice and I know that he and Sean McVay have talked about how these practices will look and we all know that the coaches get together and they kind of map out they what they want these practices to look at. But at the end of the day, there are some points in time in this where, yes, things are scripted. For those of you who don't know, this is how the practice plan works down, right, So the coaches will get together, Sean McVay and his staff will get with Schottenheimer and their staff and they'll go, hey, listen on this this period, we want to work on first down runs.
Speaker 3: So this period gonna be all first down runs.
Speaker 4: So defensively, you should probably put in place some of your best first down defensive things and vice versa. Hey, in this period, we want to work on you know, third medium, right, so hey, we're gonna be throwing past at a third and medium. You should probably put a defense in that you're gonna be looking at to work in for past at a third and medium, third and long, so on.
Speaker 3: And so forth. You'll have a special team piers in.
Speaker 4: So there is a level of programming that is there, right, But then there's also going to come a point in time where they look across the field and they go, hey, we going ten plays, were going ten plays, give me your first team, d averse my first team.
Speaker 3: Oh, and we'll swap it. And there is no script.
Speaker 4: I'm you know, culches to the sideline, players to the side line.
Speaker 3: We're gonna run this like a game.
Speaker 4: And now you have to go out there and be able to compete at that level. And for me, if if Shoty's talking about, hey, we want to compete at every turn, everything we want to do is competing. I think these joint practices are so important because you're ones. They aren't playing on Saturday, like like I don't some teams do, right.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 4: I know that there's teams like the Chiefs who say we're gonna give Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce and these guys some some reps in these pieces and games.
Speaker 2: Why you might only be ten reps, but but they may.
Speaker 4: But I don't know how shot He's gonna do it. But in the past, the ones didn't play in these preseason games. So so this is going to be a moment in time where Dak c d George Pickens are in there. We're gonna see what Nate Thomas can do. We're gonna see Tyler Booker what you know. Welcome to the big leads, right, because you're gonna have to face some some something that you know and we'll get more into the matchups. But you're gonna have to face some guys in front. Uh, we won't be you won't have Tyler guy, and that sucks, man, because if anybody needs these reps, a guy like Tyler Guidon absolutely could use these level of reps in this practice because you know, for him again to amount of litmus tests, it has to be that way for him. But I do want to get into the battle that we may see. What are some battles that you may be looking at jo practice.
Speaker 5: You already know, bro, you know, you know it's just going to be the wide receivers in the DBS. You know, that's that's that's the first thing I want to see. But even getting past that, we know that the real now is.
Speaker 4: It you want to you more intrigue on seeing the Cowboys rob receivers worth the Rams DBS or the Rams wild receivers worth the Cowboys dvs.
Speaker 3: Very very interesting.
Speaker 5: So it goes both ways. So like like we talked about, okay, so look at it. We got Ceedee Lamb George Pickens, you know, arguably two of the one of the best tandems in the NFL right now, even before the before they've even touched the field together, all right, But then you look on the other side of the field, you got Pooka Nuka and Davante Adams over there, all right, Davanta Adams. I don't know how many times he been All Pro Pro bowler. And we know what Puka Nuka has done since he came into the league. He basically made uh, what's my man's name?
Speaker 2: He made him expendable cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah he so, so we know how much confidence they got in him. So of course, knowing what we have in the Cowboys secondary right now with so many injuries and different guys filling in and different guys when first year on the team and everything, yeah, I want to see both sides, got to be honest with you. But even before that, we know that the stress is on that offensive line right now. So those matchups are going to be the most key matchups because if you ain't got no protection, you can't throw the ball, and if you don't have any pass rush, you're going to be a long day covering back there.
Speaker 2: So upfront and in the back end.
Speaker 5: Is gonna be the two places that I really want to see get corrected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for me, it's gonna be a lot of the trenches. It's going to be a lot of the trenches because this season will live and or die in the trenches. Man, and I get it right, like George Pickens phenomenal talent. We know what CD Lamb is, right like we know we know what Dak Prescott is. Whenever we get Michael Parson's back, we know what that's going to be. But make no mistake about it, people, if they can't hold up on that offense and defensive line, we'll be having the same conversation comes January again. And for the Cowboys right now, they just signed Lyyo Collins. He worked out with them last week. I want to see what Loo Collins can do because the rams they don't have all were old future Hall of Fame Aaron Donald anymore, thank god, right, thank god. But at that time we did have Zach Martin. That was a good battle. It was a good, good battle between those two Titans. But what they what they do have now is the way that they run. They run like a three four defense.
Speaker 3: So how is this.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a Fisk, They're gonna have Jared Verse, you're gonna have Young And I'm looking at those guys in the interior. I'm confident, like I don't I don't lose any sleep over Tyler Smith. Tyler's good. Tyler's gonna be fine. Whether he practiced or not. Tyler Smith is gonna be okay. He gonna be all Pro this year. He gonna be a Pro bowler this year at that left guard spot.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about that. If he's healthy, good, he's good.
Speaker 4: But what I do look at is now, is okay, rook Tyler Booker. The one thing that you struggled in was quickness. You struggled in the part of athleticism.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: If you told me that the guy that Tyler Booker had to go up against was this massive, strong dude that he was going to be in this hand in hand combat kind of thing.
Speaker 2: You're not too worried about it.
Speaker 3: Not too worried about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But when you tell me, oh, Young and Fisk and Verse and Verse, there are two hundred and ninety pound dudes who are built on speed and quickness. And that's the one area that Tyler Booker coming out of college struggled that.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have to see.
Speaker 5: And Verse came into the league last year. He was a rookie last year, right, Yes, And I think you made Pro Bowl. And I don't know whatever accolades he got, but I know that the impact that he had was so immediate, and that boy is running downhill one hundred miles an hour coming off that ball. So I agree with you. Definitely there upfront is going to be and then you got to see what Low is gonna look like.
Speaker 3: Yes, how many years?
Speaker 2: When was the last time he played?
Speaker 4: He didn't play last year, so two years, so he didn't play all last year. In the year that he did play, he battled some injuries, and that other year that he.
Speaker 2: Played, there we go. So so you know, his timing gotta get right.
Speaker 5: He's it's a few things that's gonna go on with those between those guys up there as well. So but just like you said, man, they're gonna have to hold it down and and and I'm already concerned about Dak as far as the protection, you know, him staying healthy. It's it's like to have these injuries right now, you know, to say it's it's good and bad, it's it's it's kind of tricky to say that. But you rather have the injuries early on, so guy's could heal up before the end of the season.
Speaker 2: You don't want to have these injuries late in the season when.
Speaker 5: It's getting to push close to push playoff. Times and things like that. So definitely, man, we're gonna have to see what's happening. But then we gotta look at what our d line is gonna do up.
Speaker 2: Against their offensive line. You know.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately Marzy went down the other day, you know. But we're gonna have to see who's gonna put in and plug in and play and to.
Speaker 3: See where we're not. Wait a second, now, this is the play?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, this is This is where the players can come and have conversation how we would have it in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be messy and I don't want to be wrecky specky, And I'm not saying that this isn't truthful.
Speaker 3: The timing of it is is puts things in question.
Speaker 4: Mazzie Smith is a guy who needs to have a good training camp and has up until this point, has not had a pleasing training camp. And then the day before you're about to have the Rams come into town, when you know what the Rams are gonna be up front and running the football leaf practice for a little bit of a inebable. I'm not saying that it's not legit. I'm also not saying that it ain't.
Speaker 2: What you I know you ain't trying to say if you're scared.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just saying it.
Speaker 4: Timing doesn't help the like when you start putting the pieces together. And this is not me calling out the man again, I'm never calling out the man. I'm calling out the player, right, it's not a shot at. I'm just saying for someone who And this is where the.
Speaker 3: Fight comes in for me.
Speaker 4: If if I'm looking around and people have consistently been questioning my will to want to compete, if people have been questioning my desire to want to be the best, now practice Now. He may be out there practice today, but I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't want The optics of it doesn't look well.
Speaker 4: And if you're talking about creating a culture, if shot it, you're trying to create a culture of toughness. If you're trying to create a quoter culture of guys being quote unquote reliable and physical, all these kind of things. What his history and then what's in front of us?
Speaker 5: It's I understand, I don't know, you know, but our thing is this.
Speaker 2: You gotta be available when your numbers right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And availability exactly, and so you know, uh, understanding what he's been through over the past few years and where he is right now. At the same time, you know, you can't go out there and show bad if you're a MAZI right now, you know you have to put your best chips on the table. You have to put your best cards on the table, as they say, and play that hand the best way that you can.
Speaker 2: And if he actually has.
Speaker 5: Some type of injury going on or something that's going to have him out there not looking good up against this joint practice, nah, don't, don't.
Speaker 2: Don't, don't put yourself out there. I mean, that's a good point. You got to you gotta do the smart thing.
Speaker 5: You gotta protect your investment, and his investment is being able to make this team and having some longevity in this league and putting some good film out there.
Speaker 4: All right, good point. All right, we'll take our first break of the show. When we come back, the Cowboys have put out their official unofficial depth Tart will look at that and some more camp battles that we're looking at in the joint practice against the Rams for Jesse Holly, for Anthony Dorset.
Speaker 3: This is the players lows. We will be right back.
Speaker 1: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 2: Off the reels.
Speaker 1: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 6: Over Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 6: Overhead presses, pushing through chess flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of pro team zero grams of that at Sugar and Delicious, customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie, available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kat.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com. Where else the Royal Riggs stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly to.
Speaker 3: The Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Welcome Back to the Players Lounge, Training Camp and ox Star Cowbination. The twenty twenty five dollars. Cowboys Training Camp presented by American Airlines is here. Head to Sunny Oxtar, California from July twenty second to August thirteen to watch the team practice as they get ready for the season.
Speaker 3: Admission is free.
Speaker 4: From more information, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Training Camp. As we return back to the players Lounge, Anthony Dorset, Jesse Holly here as we break down the Cowboys training Camp twenty twenty five. Today they take on the LA rams and the joint practice leading up to the first preseason game for the Dallas Cowboys and Anthony. Today the Cowboys release the UNAF official depth chart, so we kind of have a look into what Coach Schottenheimer curse Eberflus, who are both.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Coach eba Flus, this is second time around as a Cowboys, but for coach Shottenheimer his first time head coach for the Dallas Cowboys as they get ready to take on this trading camp together. And so I'm gonna read off the offensive depth chart. You tell me if anything stands out to you in that or is it just here's what it is?
Speaker 3: It is what it is right now?
Speaker 4: What they have and this is this is quote unquote unofficial, but it's from the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Things change. Football is very, very very fluid.
Speaker 4: Right now, you're starting quarterback Joe non play, Dak Prescott starting at your left tackle. They have in as of today in the unofficial depth chart, Tyler Geiton, you're starting left tackle. You're starting left guard, Tyler Smith, You're starting center, Cooper Bebe, right guard, Tyler Booker, right tackle, Terrence Steele starting tight end, newly minted money Jeff Jeff, Jake Ferguson, uh your wide receivers three as they're opening up with Ceedee Lamb, George Pickens.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jalen Tobert.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of talking training camp about you know where Jenen Tobert fits in that. I know that there's been some plays from from Cavante, There's been some plays from Tray Shawn Holden and Cropper and Brooks and Floorinois. But right now they have, unofficially at that number three spot, Jalen Tobert.
Speaker 3: Your full back, Hunter Lipke.
Speaker 4: If they're going with a fullback and you're starting running back, who is it Javonte Williams. So right now, they don't have blue, they don't have Miles Sanders. Uh, they have Javonte Williams as the starter, Sanders as the backup, and Jayden blue At is your third string running back.
Speaker 2: Williams was where last year?
Speaker 3: He was Denver?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so he was coach Payne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was in Denver.
Speaker 4: Uh. That's my Tar Hill right there, my Matar Hill, Davonte Williams. But uh, yeah, so that's your that's your unofficial depth chart right now. Backups Jonathan Mingo, Nate Thomas, t J. Bass, Hoffman Sadiq, Charles Hakee, Madnejai Luke Schoolmaker.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then you have Kavante Turpen being the backup receiver, Ryan Florinoid, Joey Milton, Joe Milton. So right now, Joe Milton is the backup quarterback and Miles Centers your backup running back. Heading over to the defensive side, and the unofficial depth chart for the Cowboys defense. Starting at one defensive end, you have Marshawn Kneeland, so he's going to get to start there at the other defensive spot.
Speaker 3: Michael far They got Michael. They said, listen, Michael, you under contract.
Speaker 2: Don't lose no sleepover.
Speaker 4: They got Michael Parson on the underficial Your two d tackles is.
Speaker 3: When they're gonna get interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh so diggy'sui okay, and the other defensive tackle right, Mozzie Smith. Mozzie Smith. They have Mozzi right now in as a starter. Now here are your three linebackers right now, if they were to start the season today, in this unofficial depth chart, you have Maris lea foul Jack Samborne, who I'm a fan, I'm I'm team Jack Samborne. I know people were like, why I'm team Jack Samborne? Give me the white crazy linebacker with the crooked nose.
Speaker 3: I'm all in. I'm all in on Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh.
Speaker 4: And then Kenneth Murray, who's been out of practice because he had a baby, came back the other day. So hopefully Kenneth Murray aka K nine will will be that starting linebackers cornerbacks one cornerback, Deron Blan.
Speaker 3: The other cornerback. And this is in quotations because if for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: That he's healthy, Trayvon Diggson will get to start right But if he isn't, which a lot of people think that he won't be, that they will start the year maybe on the pup or something like that. They have Kyrie Elam, who's the darling of training camp right now, making a lot of plays in training camp. And your nickel cornerback Keemon Hall. Keemon Hall has been a guy they've rotated into those spots. They've had some some Izzy that's played in that in the slot as well, they've had some Troy Pride playing the slot. And they've had of course Deron Bland has even played a little bit of the slot. But they have right now Deron Bland will be outside Carry would be the other cornerback, and in the slot will be Keymon Hall. You're starting safeties. I love it, and Wilson and Maleak Hooker. Another thing that I think is really really important, and this for just roster and roster purposes and teammaking purposes. You're starting kickoff and pump returner of course is Cavante Turpin. So when you start talking about guys like Deuce Vaughan, he's the backup pump returner. Yanya Thomas is the backup kick returner. And that always is an interesting thing for me because if Dung plans to make this team, one can't make the club in the tub. This is the third training camp that you've had hamstring injuries limiting your opportunities. Don't know when you'll be back. But every camp, every day camp that you're not there, there's someone else that's getting an.
Speaker 3: Opportunity to do so.
Speaker 4: And if you're not in the mix of being a course special teams player. And isn't what I tell people on game day? I know people say, oh, it's a fifty two man roster.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: You're only dressing out forty SI on game day. You only get to dress forty six on game day, right, And then by NFL rule, you have to have nine offensive linemen. You have to have nine offensive linemen, so the five that's starting, and then you gotta have four that automatically get jerseys.
Speaker 2: And people normally gonna dress three quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have now.
Speaker 4: But you know, now you get the you get the you get the emergency quarterback that doesn't count against your forty six, So you get the emergency because a couple of years ago, you know, the last thing you want is for not to have enough offensive lineman and then not enough quarterbacks. We had that situation a year ago, going a receiver had to play quarterback and that's bad for the brand. Yes, right, So now you start breaking this thing down and you start looking at spots. You start saying, Okay, if I have nine offensive linemen, I got at least two quarterbacks, that's eleven. You know what I'm saying, I only get forty six. So teams start looking at where could guys play multiple spots? And if you're not being a being a backup, if you're not on at least two or three special.
Speaker 5: Teams, starting not starting, not a backup on the special team, but like actually.
Speaker 3: Starting starting, you know what I'm saying, I can't give you a jersey.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Hey, So my rookie year, all preseason, made plays, you know, you make the team. You juiced about making the team. First game, packed my bag up, and then I get to the stadium and I remember I'm juice getting to the stadium, like oh this this this live game, this is a regular season game. Get to the stadium and I go to my locker and I had a polo and a baseball hat in my locker. So I'm looking all around in the locker room like where'm my bag at? You know, I'm trying to find my stuff and blame Bishop blame. Bishop was there and shout out to my boy blame. He always kept at one hundred, and he was like, what you're looking for?
Speaker 2: And he already knew it was cracky.
Speaker 3: What you look at.
Speaker 2: I'm like, blame, where my stuff at? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, you ain't playing today. I'm like what I was like, Man, I made the table. He's like, yeah, you made the fifty three man roster, but you ain't make the forty six man today, right, And so I'm like I'm sitting there and he like, you know what that means, right, And I'm still just like rookie Young Like he's like, don't ever give him an opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Do this to you again.
Speaker 5: And I was just like I just remember sitting there like spirit crushed, heart hurt, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm calling my dad like, well, you know, I ain't gonna be able to play today because I'm inactive, you know what I mean. And that's just one of those things that like people out there who don't understand how it actually goes. Just like Jesse said, you know, you got forty fifty three men on the roster, but you can only dress forty six. So and just like he talked about the numbers got to be somewhere, you know what I mean. And so when those numbers are the different position and they need to have other people up, you're going to be downright, you know. But the thing about that what you have to do and what blame meant by that when he told me to never let it happen and prove my value.
Speaker 2: Day in and day out.
Speaker 5: Make it so like I'm so valuable to the team and in certain situations that that does not happen to me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. We just I think to call newies on the line.
Speaker 4: What we're gonna do is we're gonna take up a break because we're at the top. We'll take a break. So we're gonna have to hold on just a second, my boy, We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Take a break. Come back.
Speaker 4: We got Newie Scrugs calling in from Oxtar, California. We'll get his perspective on what joint practice will look like, how the energy is out there, and what are some training camp battle that he's looking at. So stay right here with us. This is the players and lines. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 1: Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboy VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkled cut fries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot Com, slash Gogo, Boss Huegoboss dot Com, and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 1: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 3: Over to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Players' Lounge. We are talking Training Camp edition. This segment is brought to you by CEP Geek Colbination. The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboy schedules officially here. Limited tickets are available now. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch a Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC rival Eagles, Giants and Command plus the Packers, Chiefs, Charges, Vikings.
Speaker 3: And Cardinals.
Speaker 4: Visit Cowboys dot com slash tickets or visit seat geek dot com, the official primary ticket partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And we have a special caller in from Oxnar, California. Newie Scruggs is with us and Newie as we prepare for the Paddent joint practice with the La Rams, give us what the vibes are one of some storylines that you've been looking at. What are some things that you've been feeling hearing about this week's Paddit practice, Paddit joint practice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so this is really going to replace work for the starters, like Dak Prescott at cd LAMB because they're not playing Saturday. This is the work they're getting here.
Speaker 11: So Dak spoke about, you know, looking towards some.
Speaker 10: Live reps and getting out there. For me, I'm looking straight at the offensive and defensive line. I'm gonna go find Nate Newton. Gonna stand next to Nate and just listen to him die, you know, dissect everything he sees about what's going on up front because obviously left tackle, what's going on there? Rookie Tyler Booker, how is he going to handle things on the flip side? Okay, we know the Cowboys have run issues. We know Sean mcbaby leagues in the run. What what are they going to do there? And then as far as that defensive line go, what kind of you know, how can they stop them there? And if they're not being able to get any pressure? What are those dbs looking like here? I mean Carl pick I mean George Pickens looks good.
Speaker 3: Cede Lamb looks right.
Speaker 10: There exactly, Carl Pickets from Tennessee, Tennessee. But but you know, are they looking good because Pickings of CD Lamberd had good. He looked good, because man, these dudes got issues. So here's Davante Adams pooking the cool. So I'm eager to see exactly how how how things work on the work on the back of the front for the Cowboys. Brian Schottenheimer said he acts good conversation week and this week with Sean McVay about what they're trying to get done here. Shotty says it's gonna be a lot of emphasis just on the cowboys what they need to do. So uh yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to it. It should be you know, it should be some tipper slaying a little bit here. But hopefully we don't see too many fights because I don't want to see a bunch of fights take away from the ability to get plays and that's what we need to see. We need to see plays being run here. So how physical it could be? Shotty keeps talking about using physical physical Well, okay, here cun the rams and they'll be physical for you.
Speaker 5: Hey, so newie right now, if you had to pick a I guess you could say a camp MVP right now on both sides of the ball, Like, who would be the two guys that you were saying flashing and standing out the most man look City Lamb just.
Speaker 10: He just looks good, you know, he looks you know what he is. He's a guy in his prime and that's what he looks like right now. He understands it. He's back at camp. He didn't miss you know, he lastly missed camp time. He's soaking in what he needs to. He's all so refreshed because he sees what pickings could possibly be and do for his career. On the defensive side, I had a good conversation with donnand as a Rocky with a rookie defensive end. Yesterday he slashed out here and I want to see what does he do against another team. And he's a competitor. I mean, he is a competitor. And also, come to find out, I sat down talked to me yesterday. He's named after Donovan McNabb. His parents and family big Philly, Philly fans. He's born twenty five minutes north of the city, but they named him after Donovan McNabb. I'm like, okay, that's wild. That's wild. And he wants to soak in a lot of knowledge. And you guys have been been in the NFL, and you know, some guys want to learn from people. Some guys just hey, man, you know, just let me go do what I do. He's always asking questions and I asked him one day. I asked, yes, do you know what de Marcus where? He said, no, I don't know.
Speaker 11: So you never met him? No, he said, I met bon Miller.
Speaker 10: I said, well, let me get you his number and you can connect with him. And already those two guys are having a conversation. And I just think anytime some who's young in this game can come and learn from somebody who's been in it and who's got a gold jacket, you're gonna help yourself if you listen to them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, one of the guys that we all feel have needs this work, needs to have a good training camp. Left practice the other day with a bit of a knee injury. Any update on Mazzie Smith in a knee injury? Will he practice today? Will he partake in this padded joint practice?
Speaker 10: Good question. I don't know. I do not have an answer for you on that. I would suspect, if anything, you just want to go ahead and be cautious because you need this guy for seventeen games and if he's not one hundred percent since and running this guy out here, especially if something is going to be as competitive as this environment, because it's going to be competitive, it is going to be competitive. But yeah, I want to speculate on it because I don't know. But we get out here, we'll find out. But I would just say you know off just at you answering the question, asking the question, My first thought would be if anybody not ready to go, you probably would want to sit them out, all right?
Speaker 4: So son me that that that leads me down this path because we've we've.
Speaker 3: Long heard the notion of are you hurt? Are you injured? Right?
Speaker 4: And for for guys who really need good showings for a culture that's really trying to be changed, Like where is the line at where you you have to start saying to guys all right, man, listen. I know that this is training camp. I know that we want guys ready for the season. But how do I how how does coach Schottenheimer change the narrative of the Cowboys being a tad bit soft when it comes to things like that and say.
Speaker 3: Hey, are you hurt, bro? Or are you injured?
Speaker 4: Is that a fine line that he has to play. Is that a button that he should be pushing with certain guys right now?
Speaker 3: Or should he play the back.
Speaker 4: Role and say, hey, I just want to get guys to get healthy so I can get to the season.
Speaker 10: Well, I think the first thing you have to do is listen to you know, your head athletic training and listen to jam Or and listen to those guys, and then I think you kind of go and figure out, Okay, hey, you're gonna be like Bill Parcels was because Parcels they have no time, had no time for that. So we'll see. And that's the great thing about as a coach gets put through these tests, we get to see who you are, and we get to see what your program and what you were about. And that's jesse great question. We'll find out later today.
Speaker 5: And I think I think a lot of that also, you know, as as we the Cowboys try to create a new culture, a new and a new winning attitude around around the team, I think that it boils down to the man too as well. Yeah, you know, sometimes you got to be man enough, or you got to be a player enough to pull your own card and be like, okay, look, I know I need to get some good reps out here, regardless if I'm if I'm hurt, and just everybody watching, everybody everybody's hurt.
Speaker 2: What's training camp starts? Everybody got something hurt?
Speaker 5: Right, it's snagging injury here, tear the airpool here, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Injured?
Speaker 5: Is actually that that place where we say, okay, you cannot play. We expect you to play through some hurt. But if you're injured, then we we understand if you need to sit down. So just to clear that up for everybody out there that's watching who may not understand that the mentality of a football player, the mentality of the organization, you play through the hurt, but if you're injured, you sit it down.
Speaker 10: Great point, great way you made it there. And let me say that that's an off air conversation, the three of us. We'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: When you talk about, you know, this being the first joint practice under the the Brian Schottenheimer regime.
Speaker 3: What side of the ball from a.
Speaker 4: Coaching perspective are you looking for to come in and have the success? So you're looking for Ibra Flues and his defense to kind of go out there and show themselves worthy or are you saying, IY shoddy, here's your chance to go out there and show them that you're different offensively than what we've had here in the path, Like, what's what's side of the ball From a coordinator's perspective, are you looking to come out of this camp feeling better about.
Speaker 10: I need to see the offensive line. I need to see him running football shot. He's talked about want to be a running football team. We know they have some issues on defense, and one way to help out your defense is running the football shot. He spoken about that as well, So you know it starts up front in my opinion, you know, if you're going to talk about being a physical running football team, that we need to see it, and that means against the Rams, we need to see some paths popping and we need to sort of see some hole opening. And that to me is what I need to see. Because if you talked about it and that's your philosophy, well here we go, let's go do it. I guess the team that we know what they're going to do. We know is Shani baseball. We know what the Rams are going to.
Speaker 5: Bring definitely, And things that I heard Shoddy say earlier was that he planned on running several different formations.
Speaker 2: Wildcat.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have people coming running the ball besides lined up a quarterback, besides Dak at certain times. Six yeah, yeah, Turban's gonna be all over the place in the backfield sometime taking snaps at quarterback two as well. So I'm i'm I'm definitely interested to see, you know, the different ways that this offense starts to attack people. And now adding George Pickings to the to the whole equation having a number another number one outside. You can't always load up the box. You ain't always be able to do it. So it's gonna be the Cowboys can actually get out there. And plus with the new with the depth chart coming out today, running backs being named, who Who's gonna be the started running back? Hey, we're gonna see some stuff out here coming later on today when this joint practice starts up, and just see how physical that offense is actually gonna be.
Speaker 10: Hey, look, he also said I'm gonna show a whole lot in the preciats, So you know, some of these things he talked about, we're just I have to wait till the regular season, need to get down and get in some of that stuff. So I think we're just gonna see a lot of basic stuff today from the Cowboys and stuff that they want to work on for themselves.
Speaker 4: New Schottheimer hates fights over under two and a half.
Speaker 3: Fights fights huh for fight for fight? All right? Four fights?
Speaker 4: So you have the over who do you have from the cowboys being the one who starts the first fight.
Speaker 10: Pauffman, Okay, Hoffman will get in one as a rock who is gonna get on somebody's nerves because he's a young rookie with firepower, and so maybe as a rock us, he'll probably be running a lot. He'll be in there on reps quicker than brock Hoffman. But uh, yeah, Mike, And then and.
Speaker 11: So are you talking team here, because I think you could see some guys get.
Speaker 10: Out of the individually, you know when they so it's it's.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got four of them here, I got four.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this. Uh saw our picture allow Collins. He looks like he's a little bit lighter than he normally played that in the past. How's he actually looking out there?
Speaker 10: Once again? I gotta see pass popping underwear Olympics. That look, it doesn't do me any good right now. So you know, let's see when we see some past pops you know today.
Speaker 11: And that's a great thing. It was sit around here with Nate new.
Speaker 10: Nate, Big Nate. What you're looking at, you know? And and and and then that That's how I'd like to judge a lot of these guys. Because Nate has just been spot on through the years about these guys and what he sees.
Speaker 3: My money's gonna be on Sam Williams.
Speaker 4: Sam Williams is going to get this in a kerfluffle at some point in time one of these periods, because he's gonna be he gonna be yapping because the two yappers from both sides, Sam Williams is going to be the yapper from the Cowboys defense Jared versus going to be the yapper from the from the Rams defense, so that those two guys are going to be throwings in the side of both offensive lines. But for me, I've got I got a couple of dollars on on Sam being the first one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: That's the reason I asked about Loud because, like I know before, when he was here, he was definitely one of the Dak's biggest protectors as far as making sure that anything that was going on, nothing's happening after the whistle, making sure you know that DAK is always safe. And Dak requested him to come back here as well, so I know, you know what I'm saying. I'm looking to see if Lyle's gonna get out there and mix it up, getting back into the league right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's not going to be starting right now, so you know he's not on the starting unit. So it's just like, you know, I think about a guy like him and Brock Coffins, man, like when did you get in? You know, when you get in and be able to get some of your some of your mix up there.
Speaker 4: Boy, don't we all wish we had some friends like Dak Prescott to give a word to get us back in.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get a job, all right.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: We appreciate your brother were getting up out of him. Man, stay safe, man, and and track down those things that you don't have answers to. Maybe we'll ask him on.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 3: You know what's today? Tuesday, Tuesday, Thursday. Yes, yeah, my day's all running together.
Speaker 2: Don't mess me up.
Speaker 3: You're all right now. Appreciate your brother be safe, all right.
Speaker 4: So the Cowboys are getting ready for the joint practice with the Los Angeles Rams. We're giving you the depth chart, we give you some of the battles that we are looking at.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be locked into all my social media from everybody. I'll be posting different things throughout and if you're following anybody on Dallas Cowboys dot com, they have a host of people are there between Kyle Yeoman's Newie Scruggs will be there, Patrick noci Walker is there, Tommy Yarish is there, and the list goes on and on and on and on. So stay tuned the Dallas Cowboys dot com and you'll be able to keep and have up to date information about what's going on at the padded joint practice with the La Rams for Anthony, dor Set for Jesse, Holly for Newie Scruggs, and Oxnard for Paul. In the back, this is the players Lounge. We'll see you guys later on this week we out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, m