Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, coleeen Wait, and today we have very special iconic group Bone Thugs and Harmony in the building. We got Crazy, Lazy and Flesh. I am beyond ecstatic to even be sitting next to you guys, having let aload, having Lazy do the cooking. And you know what are you gonna have us eating today?
Speaker 2: What we're gonna eat is a breakdown. Some call it a breakdown, some call it a spread. So you got your ramen noodles with a little chicken breast, a little pinch of jalapenos, Sprinkle it with a little bit of toritos to add a little crunch to it. You know, I'm a grill. I'm a grill those I'm gonna put some cheese on top, add a little flavor to it, and we're gonna have us an old school breakdown with not all they agreed. It's just like one of the brokens days.
Speaker 1: Problem Now this is is this well before Bowling, Thugs and Harmony or is this during after? Feel me in?
Speaker 2: This is Junior High the elementary junior high high school twenties, thirties, forties, Eating this all our life.
Speaker 3: And especially jail especially jail House too, because that's all you got, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeh yeah, yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, now when you're cooking this dish, I'm really curious to when you're cooking this dish on this show, if you are thinking about your milestones that you have from cooking this dish, because you guys have a lot of stuff you've done. You have a Biggie Easy Tupac collaborations Mariah Carrey. You know, we got to touch on all these topics, but I want to know all the behind the scenes. I don't want to hear anything you guys said during any other interviews. I want to I want to be in the kitchen with you guys. And I'm hoping you guys can spell the tea. Lady. You get on the cook you start cooking, and take me take me back to the probably the og original time he started making this dish.
Speaker 2: Well, I started making this dish as early as I can cook.
Speaker 4: You know, we started cooking.
Speaker 2: Noodles very very early, you know, so it's from the beginning. Man, we want to elaborate.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, we was wed.
Speaker 3: That's that's all. You had when you was coming up even you know, five six years old, coming up out that ruder man coming out that ruder and everything. You know, we was uh, from the rooter to the tutor, from the very very very beginning.
Speaker 5: You say.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you know, you know, because sometimes even as little as a little g all you had was something that you know, sometimes you didn't have hot water. Sometimes you gotta eat that motherfucker. Excuse my French, y'all, sometimes you gotta eat it. Just put the water in there or whatnot and let it soften up and then go with it like that. Sometimes you didn't have a chip. Sometimes you definitely had a breast and uh and the ingredients to go with it.
Speaker 2: And uh so you will have to put the top over the lid over there and just let it just simmer down and warm water because the noodles, you know, the longer they sit in news the water noodles sit in water, they swell, they get soft.
Speaker 4: So you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So sometimes we didn't have the heat because we ain't had gas something at the crib.
Speaker 1: So before all the lifetime achievements and all the accolades, can you guys take me back to a time when you were making this dish and time wasn't it wasn't looking good and maybe you guys were just at a crosshoads of despair. Maybe can any of you guys elaborate, do.
Speaker 3: Know about the Vassilia when the Visilia went like like we had on one of our stops. Uh, we had a stop when we were coming out here. We had been out here for like two maybe two and a half maybe three months. We uh, we moved up to Vossilia and this is before the easy e this is before him taking a song and uh and uh, you know we was we was rough necking it real tough, real real tough up there. You know, we had came up on the little apartment. You know that we ended up ended up actually spreading graffiti on the walls and ship the apartment was really bad. They was bad, you know what I'm saying. They sprayed a b boy on the wall and you know, yeah, not giving a damn about you know, getting kicked out and like that. But yeah, it was you know, we was doing a couple of things to come up, come up on a meal and everything and on again you know.
Speaker 4: We go what you mean, like robbing the piece of man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll hit up, but we'll hit up you know the eighteen nineteen Yeah, so yeah, so.
Speaker 4: It was it was four easy.
Speaker 1: So it was before easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was before easy. You know, we had to do the thing, you know, the north Ridge earthquake.
Speaker 1: Had just oh I remember that.
Speaker 3: We got we got caught up in that and then so but we was we was we was on some real struggle ship for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, you guys could so were you guys all just living in a one bedroom apartment trying to pursue music or.
Speaker 3: One bedroom two bedroom apartment that we shared. You know, it was all of us, all of us together, and you know, we had a couple of homies that knew somebody had to have two friends that was out here going to school playing ball. They had was holding down a little I forgot what type of job there was, but they knew they knew folks that can help us out and put us, put us in places as we was trying to get get it, get to get to our goals.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: So you know, ended up getting on a little general assistance. You know that the opportunity came to get a little bit of money after the earthquake hit, earthquake hit bam. It was money available for us to get so you know, you know, we was able to kick in a little bit.
Speaker 1: First time we went shopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was It's nice ship. It was free money, all right.
Speaker 1: But did any of you guys have to hold down jobs when you first moved here?
Speaker 3: Almost we was themn we first moved here.
Speaker 2: We thought about it, but that ain't what we was here for. We was here to become rappers for real.
Speaker 1: Now, was there any point in this journey where you guys had naysayers or someone in the group starting to say, man, are we crazy for pursuing this? Was there any any room for you know, the doubt whispers?
Speaker 3: I mean, just not like that. It might have been like she because when we got on that greyhound just coming from Cleveland, first time we came up on the tickets, right, we came on the tickets to get on the greyhound, say you know, we're gonna go ahead and get up out of Cleveland. And it might have been the instance when we was on that Greyhound, when we're getting close to La where we realized, like, oh yeah, ship, dark, what we're gonna do, is the homie's gonna call us when we get there, when we get off the bus, if we if we call them as they really gonna come pick us up. We had doubts with respects to that, No doubts in okay, what we're doing as far as pursuing every measure to be able to start knocking on doors, to be able to start approaching or talking to whoever we needed to get to. But yeah, it was a it was a couple of instances, like because it was real serious, we was on some real you know, you know, you know, you know, didn't have food this day to the next. You know, there was a long three bus three day bus bus ride out here, so you know we might have had on the ground.
Speaker 1: So how long till your next huge major milestone between that time and your huge major milestone And what was that major milestone?
Speaker 4: Meeting?
Speaker 2: Meeting easy was the first milestone because we was out here homeless at that time. And then when we got in the apartment for a few months, were just really just moving around and we finally met easy E and that was the really that's the start.
Speaker 1: Of we said you finally as in like you guys were like we're gonna We're gonna get to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we knew we was looking for Easy. Our mission was when we left Cleveland, Ohio. We was our mission was. We was telling everybody in the hood, were finish go meet Easy E. Were about to come back and do a video. Of course we didn't know, so we was lying like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And this is your your homies in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's like, y'all ain't gonna come back with no Easy equip playing.
Speaker 3: We're telling them we watch you know, little do we know, we speak in reality into existence by telling them, Yo, we're finna come back with a record deal, We're gonna come back with a with a whole situation, We're gonna beyond and uh and we're gonna come back with a bus and camera crew all of that. So you know, you know, so this is you know, we had a bunch of homies that was supporting us and always still to this day. You know, even before we made it, was supporting us to the fullest. Say it was there, but you know, you might have had a few, a few maybe one or two nay sayers here and there though, like, yeah, y'all niggas is crazy thinking y'all finna go do anything like that.
Speaker 1: So how did you guys approach them? Tell me the backstory, the stuff that nobody knows about. Please?
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed?
Speaker 3: Well, well, Cray you want to you want to chime in as far as like how they come about.
Speaker 1: How they come about? How did you guys catch them up?
Speaker 5: Man? You know, we just we just kept putting in the phone calls to his own like somebody from Cleveland gave us his number, well the numbers of roofless records, and we just kept calling every day, every single day until the reception is there was like, you know, I'm gonna make sure he called y'all back today. Y'all been calling every day, you know, y'all, I'm gonna make sure he called you back. And he called us backs. So he called his back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was that was a major situation for us, because you know, we struggled and hustled real hard to get to that point to even just get you know, to get on the phone with him. We end up getting getting him on the phone, auditioning on the phone phone.
Speaker 1: And where did you guys do it on speaker?
Speaker 3: I think it was Joe just put the judge put the phone out because I don't think that technology was out back then. It was one of them phones back in nineteen ninety three, nineteen ninety three, the cord on. You pick it up and you know that down and you know what I'm saying, So you know, he we talking and in order to hear his voice, you gotta pass it. But when we was rapping to him and Craig sat the phone right there and was uh, and then uh, you know, it was spitting into him like that. But we we spoke. We spoke to him a couple of times though the initial the initial conversation and lay Lay and busy had smashed to the store, but he had We had talked to him a couple of times on the phone before we decided that. He was telling us that uh, you know, see he was on tour at the time and that's why it took so long for him to hit his back, you know. So, but he did that. The receptionist lady by the name of Keisha, Keisha Anderson, promised us that he was gonna get there, you know, make sure, I'm gonna make sure he called your back. And she came true. She came through with her promise. He called us back and he told us we was on tour. Matter of fact, I'm gonna be in Cleveland. I gotta show in Cleveland. Why don't you'll come rock out? Y'all want to do that show with me?
Speaker 1: So that was that was your next opportunity right there.
Speaker 4: That was and.
Speaker 1: Ground we go ease.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he didn't actually invite us to be on the show with him. He just told us he had a show back home, and we decided we're gonna get back to Cleveland so we could opened up that show because we had hookups in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, so it wasn't it wasn't definitely wasn't officially eshton Stone. Yet we still had a little bit more, a few more hurdles to jump through, so we uh we spoke to our folks, ended up getting bus tickets back home.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So were back on the three and a half three day trip back home. You know, we get there, folks, Hoo hooks us up to be able to get a slot on the opening opening, one of the opening slots on the show. We do our thing, of course, hoping that easy get a glimpse of us and uh and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He did not know.
Speaker 3: He didn't, you know, because that's the way it go. You know, you got whoever your headline are for the shows and whatnot, they're not finna be out there, you know, checking out no acts or whatnot. So you know, but you know, we did what we had to do, and uh and stuck around to watch Easy of course, watch him do his thing, and uh and uh and they rocked the house him Gangster Dras, the BG knockout of course, DJ Yeller they always there, did they sang?
Speaker 1: And so what was that next milestone that got you got got got Easy to make.
Speaker 3: A move definitely. We was there after this. So after they were done doing what they had to do, it was like, okay, how we gonna make this happen and get this get this in And so we tried to follow him backstage. Me and Lay made it backstage to holler at him. While we was back there, Lay start spinning some rhymes and we had I think, knock he was out there. DJ Yeller was out there, you know. Easy he stuck his head out the door and immediately when he heard that sound, he stuck his head out like yo, y all them cast That was wrapping for me on the phone. That was that's y'all. Yeah, okay, he invited us in. He had already had company, was already like ten fifteen people crowd in his dressing room and everything trying to you know, you know, trying to pitch themselves to him and everything with me and Lay kind of like went in there and held it down. And while while we was in there with him, I was in his ear the whole time, like, you know, you know, you know, you know, we got that mojo. I mean, we got that mojo right here, this next big thing right here. You know, it's it's you know, niggas in there, you know, trying to talk. They ship, you know, you know, spit their game and all that, you know, But we came out. I guess you know, he was interested in us.
Speaker 1: He definitely was. So take me to that first session behind the scenes. What was going on? What was it like working with Easy? Sure you don't want another pack? Lazy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I need?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's acting like he's cooking for what he's cooking for all of us.
Speaker 2: Look, we'll be we'll be fighting over this one pack around here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can use three.
Speaker 1: I'm like literally taking in this moment. This is such a cool moment for me right now to see you cooking this whole moment. Okay, yes, I smell it. I'm just making did I see you put Lowry's in the water, but you don't think there's enough salt in the ramin seasoning. Okay, So take take me to that first studio session.
Speaker 3: That first studio session was like, you know, it took us less than a couple of weeks to get to complete the EP. But he let us do our thing. You know, he let us do our thing. That first studio session. It was just us. He had producers in there, give it me. He had the producers in there, mahmieh, DJ Unique and Kenny McLeod uh. We had ideas on how to uh spit the beats and everything, and not spit the beats, but tell them the sounds that we need to h on, what to produce, on how to make the sound come out on the track. We would let him know, yo, do this, play this sound, do it like this, and they would come up with the track. That's how the first few some of the first few tracks was made by just humming it to him, humming the sounds, humming the tune to him and DJ Unique and Kenny McCloud was the was the man on the keys and whatnot and making it happen. And then all he came back with tracks as we as we hunted to him and I hummed it to him. They came back with the full tracks, you know, loaded, so you know, but he let us do our things off the rip. I don't think he got in the studio with us as far as on the foot of love of money. You know, Easy was the business man that you know that put the whole situation together when he asked us what y'all want to do? He let he cut us loose in the studio. He let he let us. He let us run it and do it and do what we had to do and come up with the records and the ideas that we needed to come up with for the Creeping On to come up and you know, to make it the eternal, the Eternal East nineteen ninety ninety turnal record happened. You know, because we knew Easy for about fifteens, maybe eighteen months, the last eighteen months of his life. We was close. We was like brother. He was like the sixth ball member.
Speaker 1: So when you look at just because I have to cover a lot in a little bit of time. When you take you've worked with Biggie Easy, Tupac, Mariah, I have to throw Maria in there, man, Biggie Easy. Who am I missing? Tupac Easy E Mariah Biggie Yeah, okay, So I want you guys to eat. You could choose your person and tell me, like, what was the most memorable part about working with that artist? You could go first crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean to me, my most memorable was none of those was none of those collaborations. It was it was with Phil Collins. Really, just so we did with Phil Collins that was memorable because nobody was expecting it. Phil Collins had never done anything with any rappers ever before, and we asked him to use the song and he agreed. So we pushed the envelope and asked like, let's see if he'll be in the video, and he was like, the only way I'll be in this video is if y'all come to Switzerland, and we was like, we'll be there next week. And Phil was there, like you.
Speaker 1: Got on a plane that time though, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Phil was there. He was kicking it, man, he was He was hanging out with us, just like and he told us the reason he cleared the song because it was one of his favorite songs. And he was like, I think if you guys liked it, you must have good taste in music. So I was like, okay, yeah, that's what's up. Phil. We called him field Bone phield Bomb. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, field Boone had a castle. He ain't had no match if field Bone had a castle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah. They called him Surfield, surf.
Speaker 4: Field, surf Field.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, that's yeah. What about you?
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to think that it's it's it's a few of them. You know. I got had the the session that I had with a big pun of course, like but when he did did uh And you know, I'm gonna say Biggie Smalls because that that session was absolutely stone cold rock and roll.
Speaker 5: You had.
Speaker 3: You had, you had the Junior Mafia up in there, Little Season them up in there, Puffy up in there, big uh uh uh uh, Biggie Smalls up in there, and it was a cold man. We had the Hennes Seed, we had the we had the end though it was it was one of those sessions and everything. It was real crazy, you know, twenty thirty deep and you had Mo Thug. We got the mol Thug records up in there, and uh and it was just one of those uh uh, super super duper nice. You know, we got super blowed up in there, and you know so but dealing with and I got I got others though, you know, Big Pun too, you know when he came through, went to go do a record with Fat Joe. Fat Joe brought Big Pun in there and and uh he ended up getting on the record, writing the hook for the song No Mercy on my solo album and everything.
Speaker 1: What in particular about those sessions stood out that made him more iconic.
Speaker 3: The genius. The genius first of all, the genius in uh in a big pun because he he came up with the idea for the record, you feel what I'm saying. He wrote the hook to it on the spot, and not even though he was writing at the time, he panted, He panted, just in a matter of minutes, said I got something for the hook. And the dude was a genius, you feel what I'm saying, you know, and and helping us come up with with the topic. And uh, he did that and it was his debut. It was as a professional world debut on the Flesher Mone solo album. So you know that that broke, that broke, big pun and you you know it was the rest was history.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, and then lazy I would say, we had so many I would say probably Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I was, I was, I was manifested. I said, please say Mariah please.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: And Wish had already had like did most of the song already.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when we came in, it was like everything was basically laid out. But I remember Mariah Carey. This might sound ad, but she had the greatest gifts in the world. You know, she showereders would love like she really spoiled us on that session on the Silverad, I only use a half.
Speaker 1: Of yeah because you had it all that long.
Speaker 4: It was all that did you see that sprinkle game ahead?
Speaker 1: I said, So you're saying, because Mariah, what you guys made the session comfortable was her personality. It was like, was she like the homie.
Speaker 3: She was the homie the great home.
Speaker 2: She was the host with the most you know what I mean, her kindness, her generosity and then the skill and Wish how she did doing her thing, you know what I mean, and then she started flipping the flow so that the impression that was left on me was like, this girl can sing that how I know, rap kind of and sing it, you know what I'm saying. So it was like it was incredible to see what she was doing, because you know, that was one of the first super duper stars that told me. She was like, I'm gonna do this like crazy, you know what I'm saying. So that was one of them, that was one of them sessions that was unforgettable because she was Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let me tell you, Maria. I'm always gonna be a fan of like New Yorkers, of course, but Mariah is not only talented, but the fact that she could write so well preaking well, you gotta give I love a good writer in this age of non writers, do you guys know who the writers and the non writers are? Okay, I'm gonna throw some names. This is gonna get crazy, Okay, Drake, come on, break my heart writer, writer.
Speaker 5: Some people are some people.
Speaker 1: Have been debating whether he is writing his lyrics to some.
Speaker 3: Of these cats, some of these some of them you know, got sometimes they sometimes they got writers both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've heard both.
Speaker 2: But I kind of see it like like this, Like if he got a group of people that he hanged with, a producer he deal with every day, he probably writing his raps and being dope with it, you know what I mean. But if it's homeby that's like us, we in the group, Craig can come in be like that line could be stronger, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you do.
Speaker 2: Have help besides yourself sometimes along the way. So but I think for the majority of the part, all them songs, he ain't write none of them or write mostly.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely think he rollmost. I mean, I think he's a great rapper. I hate his singing, but you know.
Speaker 3: I think I think had a lot of help.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 3: You can't be in a situation like that and not.
Speaker 1: Have still, I mean, yeah, especially the longer you get in your career, does it get harder and harder to keep it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, it don't, you know, because if you love the craft, you're gonna be able to come up with ideas and keep the pedal to the middle. But that's not the knock, like catching like you know, you're gonna have people that present ideas. You know, you know you're gonna and even as an artist, you're gonna want to welcome sometimes you know, you know, different motherfuckers that if they got an idea something for a record, let him, let him, let him shine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just want to point out that a lady just added, is that mayonnaise or miracle with he added mayonnaise to the ramen with the jalapenos, the chicken, and he's adding mustard. I am highly getting nervous about his ramen right now. Okay, okay, what do we call this ramen? Again? What do we call this?
Speaker 4: The way you love me in the morning?
Speaker 1: That's hilarious? Okay, So okay, let's see who else can I throw out that it's controversial? Well, you know, I've already asked this question before, but I've gotten answer is Carti. I love Cardi.
Speaker 3: I think she writes a little bit of her stuff, but I definitely think.
Speaker 1: She Yes, she got a good writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got she got you know you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there was this big thing on the internet recently where I think most Steph said that Drake is considered pop What do you what do you guys think I'm gonna tell you right now, I completely disagree. I think the first rapper that ever went pop was fifty cent And I stand here and I stand by it, and I stamp it, and I hate it that he hated on John Rule while being pop. He was like a super hypocrite during that time. I'm not trying to.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, you mean he has some he have some pop records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do we.
Speaker 5: It ain't to me. It's really not the artist's fault when you cross over. We wasn't trying to cross over when we made cross roads, but we crossed over. So like sometimes the artists just get good music and it takes them there, you know, and some people get mad about it.
Speaker 1: And I do. I like that answer too, because it's like, at the end of the day, it's art, it's expression, right, and you know, however it comes out is how it comes out, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing about hip hop. See, hip hop takes on all types of different fashions and everything. Just just like I said, you know, you're gonna go at some point some of us do crossover, but it's still hip hop. But you got to recognize the fact that, you know, show that love, Give them them flowers. The ones that did make it that they they they they they pre hell into that that that that pop arena. You feel what I'm saying, the call they took, the culture, the culture took in there. You feel what I'm saying. So, but it's still it's still hip hop.
Speaker 1: And that's what I think people want. People want to hold hip hop hostage as this like gangster tough thing, and you know, it never really I mean, if you think about the origination of like Ello cool J, it was never originally meant to be just this angry, you know, stereotypical thing.
Speaker 5: So, you know, I talk about hip hop is like I understand that hip hop is just turning fifty years old and human years that's old. But then like when you were dealing with a genre that's not old at all, hip hop is still very young and then mature. We still don't even understand how to treat the legends yet, you know what I'm saying, Like, so we need to understand that different genres can coexist within one genre. People say, you could have hip hop, you could have rap, you can have conscious music, you can have gangster music. You know what I'm saying, like whatever you do, it's all going under the umbrella. Like hip hop birthed a lot of things, Like it just didn't stay the same. It shouldn't have no exactly, it birthed a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I am just going back to what you said though you said they don't know how to treat the legends.
Speaker 6: Can you talk more on it.
Speaker 5: It's just you know, takes spurts for instance. You know, like or other genres, you never hear country artists disrespecting the ones that paved the way for them. You never hear rock and roll artists disrespecting the walls that paved the way. R and B today you made because it's a different kind of R and B going down. But like you know, like you never hear that, Like so why, like that's something that needs to stop because it's really immature. It's really i mature if you think about it, Like, because this world is big enough, this industry has grown, it's big enough for everybody. Yep, it's a new artist. I've never known they got a million followers every day, But where does Nigga come from? But you know it's big enough for that.
Speaker 1: You feel that's an interesting that's an interesting take if you think about it, because you don't hear other genres attack each other never, never, never, Now do you think in hip hop has started as a publicity stunt or because I know you guys did all the guys that were like beefing at some point? You had all of them?
Speaker 5: Well, battling. Battling is fun, that's part of hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's part of.
Speaker 5: Hip hop, you know what I'm saying. But like like when it goes outside of my lyrics versus your lyrics.
Speaker 3: You know, disrespectful life in the streets and just and just like the respect some point like period, Like I've heard some artists say things about Tupac that they didn't even have to say, Like, Okay, if you don't if you don't listen to Tupac, that's cool.
Speaker 5: Why disrespect this man and he's dead? Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know what I'm saying. So if if you don't like him, if you don't like him, that's cool. Like I don't like a lot of these artists out right now, but I don't you don't hear me on, but but you respect him because these like these people is out here, you know, they feeding their families. You know, they they they they could be doing way way worse things than like doing what they doing, you know. So so I don't never hate nobody. If you make it, you made it for a reason.
Speaker 1: What keeps you guys strong together for so long?
Speaker 3: But the brotherhood, the relationships that we carried all these years, you know, being uh, you know best friends were best for you know, lazy and I wish the lazy my little brother, wish my cousin Craig. You know, we've been doing him since like seventh grade. And of course Busy came into the fold. He was about maybe ten and eleven years old, maybe twelve years old when we first met Busy. So the brotherhood has been there for a long time, more than half our lives.
Speaker 1: And do you think that there's like I have a girlfriends that i'm my best friends are all based in New York. I'm from New York. Then there's like, I feel like, what keeps our relationship so strong is that there's an unspoken moral and ethics to the relationship where it's like certain boundaries it's not spoken, but we just don't cross them. Do you think that that level of respect and integrity is what keeps your guys relationship strong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, But.
Speaker 2: It's the respect for one another, the respect for what we bring to the table, the love we have for God, you know what I mean. Because we understand these these songs, these these milestones, as you said, we understand these to be blessings, you know, because we come from romy noodles, you know what I'm saying. We come from a place where having things and being fortunate to have what you not what you want, but what you need. Being fortunate to have what you need. And we wasn't privted at all the time. So if he can contribute anything to me, it make me stronger, you know. And or he can contribute anything to me, it's like the iron sharpened iron, you know what I mean. And we understood that. We always understood that we were stronger together. We knew we was dope apart, but when we came together, the crowds got bigger. We saw that when we came together, like when we helped each other in the studio with the method of writing, and you know what I'm saying, All that, like those experiences is what is really what.
Speaker 4: Kept our group together.
Speaker 2: The struggle was real from the first from the jump, I mean, and then we were family. On top of that, we were the only ones we had to lean on. So when it was time to go steal some Romen noodles, I go get the cheese. He go get through roben noodles. You know what I'm saying. You get the jalapenos, and we just distrack the people in the store and we get and we work as a team.
Speaker 1: So sometimes you have great and I've learned this now that I'm approaching almost forty guys. You know, I'm not I'm at the biggest mouse on yet, but I've learned that sometimes you have people that are great when you're down, and then you have people that are great when you're up. So when you guys were up, what were some of the challenges you guys faced as a group.
Speaker 5: I mean just just just being you know, people just trying to pull us in different directions basically, you know, like and you know, we had a lot of stuff going on, Like once a solo album started and we started having solo careerge it was it was hard to pull us back together because you know, everybody was doing something at the same time. But we always realized, you know that we had to come back and make sure the home base was cool, which was bold, and we just always came back together like that always.
Speaker 3: But it blew up on us so so big and everything and whether we was ready for that type of stardom of fame or not, it was something that took us into a hole. We knew it was gonna happen one way or the other, but it just took us to a whole another stratosphere and everything that came with the territory, and you know, had its ups and downs and everything I even did, but went through my spell, ended up going to the pen, came home, was able to pick up the pieces to the puzzle all over again. But the experience and all that it was that, you know, and this is our thirtieth year, you know, we're celebrating right now, thirty years of bone Thugs and harmony right now, twenty twenty four. So we learned how to deal with the snakes in the grass, the motherfuckers trying to divide this and divide that, while still respecting and having support for one another for what we're trying to do individually and having and having right now, you know, we respect and love each other enough, you know, to let each one of us be the individuals we are and bring in certain handle certain situations, and delegate certain situations, and trust each other enough to do and you know, help continue to build the brand no matter what it is.
Speaker 1: And you guys are all individuals. So have you guys learned to recognize how one person moves and go, oh, that's how crazy moves, that's how lazy moves, that's how flesh moves. Well, you know he gonna do this, you know, And it's more of a love and acceptance versus aggravation.
Speaker 2: I think we in the beginning it was aggravation because we was together twenty four seven for about ten years straight, you know what I'm saying. And then it became, you know, we start understanding each other individually and how we move, like why his characteristic complement mind well, while you know what I'm saying, So yeah, it was. It became a respect thing because we went from teenagers moving a thousand miles per hour with all these different changes, people whispering in your ears telling you this and telling you that, you know, we went through these things, but at the same time, the respect was there, you know. So once we got grown, start having kids and started seeing how we moved differently from each other, and then we knew how to respect you know, each other's moves.
Speaker 1: Now, I know some of you guys are dropping solo albums. When you guys dropped solo albums in the past, was there any I feel like I'm really reaching. I don't want to sound like I'm tearing you guys apart, but I really when I think of relationships, they're so complex, so I have to touch on these things. But is there ever any rivalry going on when there's solo projects?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I think we support each other. We've always supported each other one in all of our endeavors. When it comes to that, you know, you know, even though I was the first one to kick it off with the solo ventures and I had the support of my brothers, they featured, We feature on each other. Yeah, you know, you know, whenever the case may be, we present. You know, we produce each other. We produce records for each other, We produce it. You know, we give each other's concepts. So when it comes to our individual tracks, hey, we're there. We in each other's corner.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking over it, lazy and he's fully, man, I put too many. I saw you dicing them and dicing them and dicing them.
Speaker 3: You can't never put too many.
Speaker 1: I'm just I don't like it how either, Craig. Craig, why do you keep moving so far away from me even in the shot?
Speaker 5: You know what? This meal is?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 1: All right, let's certainly yeah, yeah, we're gonna judge it, all right. His noodles look soft. Everybody he was, he was literally like, I wish the camera. I hope the camera call. How into your cooking you were? You look like you in another life you wanted to be a chef.
Speaker 4: In this life, I still want to be a chef. You might just want to get searched around boat. Yeah, take your eat the whole ball.
Speaker 3: There's another boat.
Speaker 5: Hilarious. Yes, you'll be eating. Nose be running.
Speaker 3: Either, the nose be running. Yeah, Like I just taste tester, because I'm usually you know.
Speaker 1: What I think? Right here, let me get your spoon. Let's see, all right, let's try it taste. I'm gonna try and avoid the hollow penos because I'm like crazy, I'm not trying to eat something hot.
Speaker 3: Avoid its damn good bus down like good, all right.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: Good good spikes you though, my goodness, my goodness, you can't even You're right, you're gonna even avoid the But you know what, it's good the last person that made Ramen on the show. I really enjoyed it and I'm not gonna lie. The bust down makes it into the Olympics of Roman. Yo, lazy, I'm thoroughly impressed.
Speaker 5: We could have used.
Speaker 2: With the sorry jeans, with the put a little little olives on there, you know, but like I said, we.
Speaker 4: Ain't have a.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what I think really makes it unique is the cheese. Okay, but my goodness, if you would not have put so many peppers. Me and Crazy but really enjoyed this, right, like, don't you want to eat it? But you're like, man, I know it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 4: Well, y'all know for me, right.
Speaker 1: You guys are hilarious. So let's talk upcoming projects.
Speaker 3: Yes, right now, I have a solo EP out it's called Living Legend out on all streaming platforms. Make sure y'all go rock that. And they has an album out called Hypnotic Rhythms that's on all streaming platforms. We just we just leaked a brand new Bonn Thugs and Harmony Harmony single to the radio today called all Shit. You know, we're getting ready to go to the studio with Craig to jump on.
Speaker 5: You have a project that you have a project coming out in April called Chasing the.
Speaker 1: Devil, Chasing the Devil.
Speaker 5: Chasing the Devil. Yeah, it's exactly a follow up to what you did get a volume one. This is volume two. Chasing the Devil is basically talking about how people literally chasing the devil, but they but they don't even know it, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: I feel like the world we live in now, people are chasing the devil, but they're almost proud of.
Speaker 5: It, exactly talking.
Speaker 1: About that, like they are literally like, yeah, I'm doing it, and yes I know.
Speaker 3: No shame.
Speaker 5: So he may stream now these days.
Speaker 1: So you guys, you guys hear about the Illuminati and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't. I don't really get caught up in Illuminati because this is how I look at that real. That's all I want to know is how to look at it. I mean, if it was they invite no niggas to it. Yeah, period. They ain't invite no black folks to it. So all these people talking about this Illuminati, and how come whenever black people get money they just can't earn it? Why why does it have to be tied to the Illuminati. We don't say all the you know what I'm saying, all the other people that did get rich, all the other colors, we don't throw them to the Illuminati. We say, they are hard workers and they work for their money. So why is it different when we blow up and be real successful in what we do, all of a sudden we worship the devil and we joined the Illuminati. It's probably yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, you gotta understand that the most of what you're seeing out there, cut the damn TV off man, cut the damn news off, cut that ship off, cut that ship off, and learn how to dial in, you know, challenge yourself to put your goddamn phone down, you know, for a while, and just sit there in silence for maybe five minutes. But it's the propaganda out there, and then come with one boogie man after the other, and it's all and it's you know, and it's and it's a mind war. It's an information war. It's like it's it's it's it's information on it. It's a battle for the mind, it's a battle for the heart. And yeah, we know God is real. The devil is real too. You gotta know how to balance yourself with respect to what you gotta do. You're gonna succeed, but you're gonna you're gonna put together a podcast. Well, are you gonna put together that podcast or not? Are you gonna put together do what you need to do for your family or not? And you know, just because you make it over the top like crazy, say that, don't got no you know that whatever this illuminatih F to them, Man, you got you make your own illuminati. We are own illuminati because they trying to stop you from doing what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: What is something that someone wouldn't know about you guys based on your music? Like what's a fun like something like if like, what is something I don't would never know about lazy h I mean besides that he's a good cook. I want more, but you can put more in my plate. It's so good. But yeah, what is something that we don't know? We wouldn't know?
Speaker 2: Well that I pray all day every day all through the day, while I'm driving, while I'm in the shower.
Speaker 4: People don't People don't understand about me.
Speaker 2: You know that my main thing and my main purpose in life is family, you know, because I'm I'm a whole most of the time. So you might see me partying, greeting, holling, clapping hands and all that, But really I take so much time to myself to calculate them thoughts.
Speaker 4: After I do all that, I.
Speaker 2: Take my time sit back, analyze, and I spend a lot of time in thought.
Speaker 1: So I heard that they're different. What an introvert is someone that can still go out and shake hands, but after they shake hands with people, they kind of get draining. They need that time alone. Would you say you're more like that or is just maybe not? It's not an introvert.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not an introvert. I'm outgoing than a motherfucker. But after that, I understand that I need to recollect what I'm doing and where I'm going, you know. So I take a lot of time. I plan, I plan everything, you know what I mean. I think five six seven years down. I've been thinking seven six years down the road since I was seven to six six or seven years, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 2: And I just and that's one thing I don't think people would know about me because I'm in the mix. M They probably don't know I'm a mastermind because I think a lot.
Speaker 1: I like that. What about you flesh?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's it's a couple of things out there, you know. I like to fish a little bit. I like to you know, I like to gut and chop the heads off the fish and gut them up and everything and skin them and all that good stuff and everything. And I've played lately, you know, probably taking up more learning how to really really uh do the seed germination with or without soil and german A seeds and you know, growing uh growing pots and growing the raised beds of uh veggies and stuff like that and everything. It's a few things that flesh and ball that you know. And that's that's the main thing. That that the the main hobby that I done picked up that I done found myself, you know, spending a lot of time with those plants, you know, sitting around those plants, you know, just spitting off all that good oxygen on me and everything. I like the smell of the plants that I that that I sat there in garden and be surrounded in my loove. You know, you know, I can walk through like a maze of just you know, you know, different types of plants. Got the tomatoes over here, the cucumbers over here, you got the cilantro right here, you got right here, you got the you know, you know, and it's and and you know, and I got a little you know, just it's just it's just an amazing situation where it's asided me that that most folks don't know about I.
Speaker 1: Like, Dan, what about you? Crazy?
Speaker 5: Uh man? Some if people don't know that I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna tell you right now. I'm a point on one man. Your hair accessories are beyond divine, like they are. Your hair game is crazy all thank you.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I probably say I'm more of the antrovercuse I don't want to be fucking people like that. I got, you know, you know, I got like if you know what I'm saying that if it ain't my family, you know what I'm saying my brothers is like you know what I'm saying, I got to really know a person like you know what I'm saying, but you know what, I'm in public. I do what I gotta do. But I'm always being cool with the with the vack scene, with planning it being in the back scene. I'm cool with that for real.
Speaker 1: Now, are you guys currently reading any books that you think you would be willing to share with you know, our audience to.
Speaker 3: It all depends on it all depends on if you're gonna get judgment or not learn how to you know? You know, think you know, I will share a lot of you know, a lot of stuff, but I think I might, you know, just for the sake of holding on, I'm gonna let them share some of the stuff. I will share, but you know, you got to be a little bit open minded, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll share some stuff that i'm reading.
Speaker 4: What do you want to go first?
Speaker 3: You go first.
Speaker 2: So I like to introduce to like younger people to I read a lot of inspirational books. You know what I'm saying. It's a book by James Allen called So as a Man, think of you know, book about this thick not too big. I pass it off to my children and people when I see that they need, they need guidance. I give them this book and it's by James Allen, and it's really about the things you put forth in life is the things you get back. Basic, basic stuff, but put in a way that any man can understand, any woman can understand. And it's inspiring, you know what I mean. I read a lot of autobiographies, you know what I'm saying. Like, I read books like Nike to just do It that book, you know what I mean. I like the stories of a man.
Speaker 4: That reached greatness.
Speaker 2: So I you know, so I can try to follow in some of the footsteps, you know. So I'm more of an inspirational book reader a Bible reader.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And that's what I do. I stay.
Speaker 2: I stay on the inspirational side. When it comes to books. No, not no fiction or none of that.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. I've always avoided fiction since I was a little little kid. I just never got into space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, always for the movies. No, but yeah. Really, like one book I'm reading now is most of the books I read is like uh, spiritual books. I'm reading the book now it's called a revelation. Is it's grand climax at head basically a book that that breaks down the Book of Revelation.
Speaker 1: That's a hard book to break down.
Speaker 5: Oh no, but when you read this book, you totally have the understanding of it. Likely.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the book again.
Speaker 5: It's called Revelation. It's Grand Climax at Head.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now when you read that book, do you think we're at the end of times?
Speaker 5: Okay? I was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, because the first time I read Revelation, I mean I took the Bible on, I read the whole Bible. Revelation is the one book that I definitely one hundred percent was like, you know what, I don't think it was almost like listening to jay Z, Like I feel like there were certain j Z records that I couldn't comprehend at the time, and Revelation was one of those books. Like at the time, it just was so much that I was like, you know what, I don't think I can understand. Maybe if I go back now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's some of the similarities things things that go on, Like if you look at the news and read Revelations, you'd be like, this is is really happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: So, you know, they say the revolution was being televibed, the Revelation is being tele straight up.
Speaker 1: Wow, real, what about you flush? You're gonna give it up?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you know, I've been you know. I don't know if y'all ever heard of Alex Jones though, but he's like one of the from Dave David Ike to Alex Jones. He has a couple of books out there, and one of them is called one of them is called the you know, the Greater, the Great Reset, you know, the Great Awakening, you know, and you know, it's it's a real eye opener, you know when it comes to certain things that's going on in the world today, in the country today, the Great Reset, as far as what's been going on in the world, what they're trying to do, as far as setting up a new system, you know, and uh that which Revelation talks about. I've been real heavy into the Bible and the Revelation portion of the Bible to be exact, and and uh and there's another author. Uh, there's another author by the name of Mark Levin, and he wrote a book called and uh it's a real contrary. It's not that controversial, but I'm just spit it out there. It's called the Democrat Party Hates America, and uh he wrote other books that, uh, you know, I'm pretty much a big fan of this man because he's a he's a constitutional attorney that breaks down the constitution and the real real he'll put it in a very education on why you get a lot of education. If you never heard of him, go look him up. His name is Mark Levin. He's and I believe he's one of the scholars of big scholars of our time. He wrote books like called The Men in Black and it's quite a few I got. I got all of his books. But uh, he's just breaking it down how you know how pretty much is this a lot of influence going on as far as with respects to you know how a lot of these parties is even no matter if some of these party h officials or are communists, actual Marxist communists dressed up under the banner of a Democrat or Republican but in reality are communists. So I wanted to, you know, and it's it's a whole information that's why it's like, you know, it's uh, it's a famous website out there called info wars and you know, and that's one of the things that I've been real heavy into because it's real eye openers. They go all across the spectrum and uh and uh and uh, and it kind of like gives you what you need, you know, how to protect yourself against you know, being shut down by a hateful Marxist communists. If you look into history and look at look at the history of communism, and this is explaining how you know pretty much how you know the government is corrupt and hijacked by these communists.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So not trying to segue, but I do want to know what you guys are doing in Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, man, we're trying to do a lot, like a lot of things, you know, for our community, like where we grew up at, you know, trying to work on this project to help revitalize like where we come from. We want to put a bone throws, a harmony museum there. You know, we want to like just like help the community, y'all like it anyway, we can't go to call it the Harmony district, oh know. So when people come to Cleveland, it's gonna be a entertainment district. So when people come to Cleveland. They're not just saying they want to go downtown. They're talking about I want to go to the Harmony district. See what they got going. You know it's gonna be establishments. This featured their features both to us a homony like we gonna have a restaurant at Harmony Cafe. I like that. In the museum like a yeah, museum, you know what I'm saying. Get a museum right on the corner of Army nine, your Knife and Saint Clair. You know, if everything works out. So that's something we're working very closely with the city.
Speaker 1: And then what else can we expect from you guys in twenty twenty four and beyond books.
Speaker 3: We definitely working on the memoirs. They got a poetry book that he's working on. I've been I'm working on a memoir that I'm in the middle of. It is real, just getting real good. And so we're getting that. We got got talks with a couple of big time producers that's showing interest in the Bone Dug film. We don't know if it's gonna be a biopic I love that or some type of docu series sort of like How Wu Tang Did. This is when you got season one, two, three, four five or whatnot, because the Bone Duck story is so extensive, it's gonna be hard to impossible to squeeze the Bone Duck story in a two to three hour movie. Maybe two, three seasons, four five seasons.
Speaker 2: And we also, you know, we got a podcast as a group that we're doing.
Speaker 4: You know, Crazy Boone came up with the idea.
Speaker 2: It's called Thug Stories, you know, So we're working on that individual music harmony, house entertainment.
Speaker 4: You know, I work with all of our kids.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I work with my kids. I work with all of our kids because they came together as they grew up and they do things together. So, you know, just really capitalizing on everything entertainment, you know, entertainment, educational, you know, just just just giving back to where we came from and just making an impact on what we're doing it besides just selling millions of records. So now we're moving into the realm of our give back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your legacy impact and giving back. Yes, my final final question lazy. When it comes to this music industry, is there some seeding that the world is not privy too, that's behind the scenes that you could share with us. That was a hard nugget for you to swallow. Per se.
Speaker 2: I mean just the music, the music industry period, you know, the way, the way that they misappropriated our contracts, you know what I mean, the robbery and the thievery that went on, you know, always me myself Like today, I think the Internet is so important because we got we with our fan base, we can be independent without giving eighty percent or ninety or seventy eight percent, you know, the bulk of our earnings for our creations to somebody else to handle, you know. So the industry was built to keep the artists blind, you know what I mean. Especially, that's why they play on the young to the age, the age variable because you know, if you're a young artist, they can dangle to carrot in front of your face, and when you have nothing, it's easy to go for that care. But as an adult, you know what I mean, the more knowledge you have, you don't fall for those tricks. So they put an age stipulation on you. All you got to be this age. But killer might just prove you don't have to be a certain age, you know. Adele she proved you know what I mean. So it's these different tricks that they played to rob us, blind us, keep us ignorant to the fact on the contracts. And that's what I that's what I disliked about the industry.
Speaker 4: So we had it, We really had it rough.
Speaker 2: Coming up because we learned through. We learned through our own mistakes signing wrong contracts. So we had to get educated ourselves. And now you know, now these days you got the it's more you have more leeway to handle that, you have more control over your career. So the industry for me, the recording industry is now podcasts and you on these different.
Speaker 3: Social media like it's at the press of a button you can reach your fan base versus now crazy.
Speaker 1: My question to you would be, now, coming off of what Lazy was saying, would you say you feel at times it could be harder to market because now you've you've gone through all the genres of how music is marketed and distributed and bought and sold, and you've seen the rector label side, but now you're entering the new world of the digital side with social media and and what contracts to like numbers that are impressive or what have you, what would you say is the pro and the con of dealing with music in this new age? Going independent?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I mean kind of like what he said, you know, like it's they're trying to paint this picture that you know, like we're washed up, We just all of a sudden forgot how to make good music, you know what I'm saying. And that's how they treat us. You know I'm saying just because he said, because we older, and they don't want to have those conversations with us about business because they know we know what we're talking about now.
Speaker 1: But now going independent, do you feel more liberated or do you feel more pressure going independent?
Speaker 5: No? Definitely feel more liberated because you know, like it's like again, we understand the business, we understand what we need to do to go around and you know what I'm saying, I just got to offer from a record label, you know what I'm saying, actually put my album out, and what they're offering I'm already doing.
Speaker 1: So like why do you need them? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why would I give you my album when I'm already doing that, you know what I'm saying. So, oh yeah, No, it's definitely liberating, especially when you have the fan base that we have from all the work we put in. It's very easy for us to maneuver around this system now because you know, like once we bring our fans to the internet, we have them at our grass now.
Speaker 1: So now when you guys collectively as a group are together, would you say you you make more I had to talk financials, more money on the on the publishing side, or the tours and the shows or the actual record sales.
Speaker 4: I will say we make more money period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now we own all the back Yeah.
Speaker 3: The money comes straight to you when you're doing the shows, versus how it did first it has to go through the record company. All the money goes to the record company first. Today we are the record company.
Speaker 1: But do you guys own all your publishing and everything.
Speaker 2: Publish it and we're soon to own our masters, you know. And that's another thing about the record company. We gave something, we created, we got to fight thirty years later to get control of you know what I mean. But once those things revert back to us. Now we're independent. We re release our music, we license our music, our publishing belongs to us, you know what I'm saying. So, but that not in the beginning. In the beginning, it wasn't like that.
Speaker 1: Now, what does it take to own your masters apart from owning your publishing? Well, I know we're going over Oh we really only got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: When you know, you either, depending on what type of deal you got, either own a portion of the masters because the record company always going to own other portions of it. But you do what it's called reversion letters to where you let the copyright office know and the company know that, Hey, this letter is to let y'all know that we understand that time is up on those masters over here. We wan't full control of it, bast So you write your reversion letter to put it in there to get those and it takes about it. Unfortunately, it takes thirty years. And then and then there's another downside of the industry that you gotta wait so damn long to get those rights back. But some of us are you know, able to you know, have the access to get that done. And now you know it's just a ticking time clock right now.
Speaker 4: But uh, you let me sum it up.
Speaker 2: Your publishing is the producers and the writers, the actual creators of the content. Yeah, the other side your royalties and things like that is off your sales, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So then what's the masters then yep, and that's the.
Speaker 2: Musical masters, the music in general, your masters is everything together, you know what I'm saying. So when you own that, you have ConTroll of your publishing, You have control of what you price your stuff for record sales, and.
Speaker 3: The overall not to cut you off though, but just the overall rights of the song. When you have the song that who owns the rights to the song? The light that it's to have the ability to license into this movie, this other page. Just keep over there sample education. Who do you have to who do you have to answer to? If somebody wants to use that?
Speaker 1: And you guys are almost there.
Speaker 3: I got a few couple more years yet. But the letter, the letters, But the letters have been sent and it's it's yeah. So so we just got this just the waiting waiting phase right now.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well, I just want to thank you guys for taking time out of your hectic schedule dealing with Mike Toddler being super nice. So I want to I like talking about behind the scenes because you never know how people are, you know, when the camera's not rolling, So I just want to tell you guys what they're like when the camera's not rolling. They're really cool. They're really nice then and uh and very humble and lazy is a good cook. So thank you guys so much for giving me this iconic moment. I will never forget this.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having us got it on camera. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And then there is there any way that fans can keep up with you guys and find out what your latest is.
Speaker 2: You know, Facebook, Official Lazy Bone, the bon Thugs and Harmony page of course Official bon Thugs and Harmony. My website is harmonyhousingt dot com and on i G.
Speaker 4: I'm the real Lazybone. I'm the real Lazybone.
Speaker 3: Definitely, y'all. Y'all can check me out and catch me at Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter's fleshing Bone bt n H on Twitter fleshing Bone btn H. I got a Facebook Stanley House on Facebook, but I also have the fleshing Bone page fleshing Bone btn H on Instagram and Twitter. Make sure y'all give me a shout out, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but ig is a crazy underscore bone. That's all I rock about. I'll mess with Twitter, Facebook.
Speaker 1: But and in people DM you guys, do you guys actually respond sometimes? Or no?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That bone Thuder and Harmony ig is btn H b tn H Live the bone Thudger and Harmony the group I G B t n H Live.
Speaker 3: So y'all official bond Official bonduds in Harmony on on on a Facebook. So y'all make sure y'all chime in with us.
Speaker 7: Secret ingredient all right, listen up, y'all. The secret ingredient that kept this legendary group bone Thugs in Harmony pushing forward over three decades is tenacity. This iconic group of young men face some serious obstacles on their paths to success, their mental and moral strength to resist opposition never faltered. Five young teens got on a bus from Cleveland, Ohio, to Los Angeles with one mission in getting easy to see their rap skills. When they first arrived in LA, they were dead broke, sleeping on floors and scraping by on Ramen noodles, But they refused to give up on their dreams. Instead, they kept calling easy EA's office every single day until they finally got them on the line. Well, the tenacity paid off when EASYE signed them to his Rootless Records label. From there, these young men secured iconic collaborations with Mariah Carey, Phil Collins, Big Pond, and Biggie Small's, going on to being one of the biggest hip hop groups of all time, selling over fifty million records. Through it all, their tenacious spirit kept them pushing forward, perfecting their craft and refusing to take no for an answer. That tenacity is what opened so many doors for Bone Thugs over the years. While other artists are cool, resting on their laurels, this group is constantly reinventing, reaching out for that next level, whether it's breaking down bears in the studio, killing shit on the road, or using their platform to uplift their community. Their drive and determination is the fire that keeps them going. So take note, fam When tenacity is your secret ingredient, you slide on every opportunity and out maneuver any adversary, and when it's showtime, you rock the house. That's the Bone Thugs blueprint and it's the ingredient we all need in our life. Kitchen, I'm calling wit and you just had a taste of eating while broke, Stay hungry.
Speaker 1: For more eating while broke from iHeartRadio and the Black Effect. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.