Speaker 1: Welcome in his verdict with Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, and is the week in Review in Mayo, Maida. We have some big stories that we talked about this week, just three days now away from election day. First up, the campaign Donald Trump is running now in twenty twenty four very different than in twenty sixteen. So could this be the difference for him to be able to win this time compared to twenty twenty We break that down. Also, the Hispanic community seems to be turning away from the Democratic Party and moving towards Donald Trump over the border issue. How big of an issue will that be on election day? We'll dive into that. And finally, many Americans are concerned about illegal votes. Well, guess what, they have real reason to be concerned about it, as a Chinese immigrant voted in Michigan and they caught him voting illegally. The problem is they're still saying his ballot will count. It's the weekend review and it starts right now.
Speaker 2: You know. It's also I.
Speaker 1: Think very interesting to see how Donald Trump is putting together this campaign. It's a little bit different than he did in sixteen certainly, and that is he understands how important it is to have a team around him, whether it's border patrol agents. But he also had some things to say about you. You were obviously there with him, and I want people to let them hear what he said about you and how he understands. Now, this is so important that we have a team together that can actually implement some of these ideas in Washington, because if you don't have team members, if you don't win the Senate, if you don't win the House, you're not going to get as much done as you want to.
Speaker 2: And I think he understands this time.
Speaker 1: He needs a very tight team that can take these things that he's talking about on the road and put them into action in Congress. Take a listen Donald Trump talking about you.
Speaker 2: Senator.
Speaker 3: I want to thank some of the special guests we have, Senator Ted Cruz for being here.
Speaker 4: Senator talk.
Speaker 3: And it's hard to believe he's in a race because honestly, I don't know who would want to run against him, because he's really a great senator.
Speaker 4: He's a great senator.
Speaker 3: He loves a country, he's tough as hell, he fights, he's always fighting, and you know, and he's fighting for the state. But he's fighting more for the country than just about anybody. And John Barassa would acknowledge that. John is one of our leaders in the Senate and he's a fantasticant. So Ted, I know your thing is going good. I heard you helped you very greatly. You got a big pop, right, and I know you're doing great. But I just want to say he's got my complete and total endorsement.
Speaker 4: He has always, always will have.
Speaker 3: And You're going to have a great day, and hopefully I'm going to have a great day, and we're going to be celebrating together, and we're going to make our country as we say or we'll make America great. We're going to make it great. And it's going to go faster than you think. But it can't sustain this for another four years.
Speaker 4: That I do believe, you know.
Speaker 1: It's his mindset is just so different this time. It's like I got to get a group of warriors that are going to come together and fight for this country. And I love the way he talks about people just like you, where he's like, look, we got to get this done together as a team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, we got a lot of work to do. And when Trump was president the first time, I was by far his strongest ally in the Senate, and when he's reelected, I'll again be by far his strongest ally in the Senate. And the job we have to do. I look back over these last four years, I've never seen so much damage done to our country in such a short period of time. And so we've got a massive amount of work to do to secure the border, which we're going to do, and we're going to do it early next year. It's not going to take a year. It's not even going to take six months. We're going to secure the border in January and February of next year.
Speaker 6: And it is going to be.
Speaker 5: Simply reversing the policy, ending catch and release, Ian stating remain in Mexico, and once people discover that if you come, you don't get to stay, you get set home, the numbers will plummet immediately. We're also going to extend the tax cuts. We're gonna We're gonna, you know, the Wall Street Journal calls this election the six trillion dollar election, because that's how much your taxes go up if Kamala Harrison the Democrats win, or how much they go down and stay down if the Republicans win. We're going to end the regulatory assault on small businesses. We're gonna end the regulatory assault on oil and gas and jobs in Texas. And we're gonna end the wars. We're gonna see both of the wars abroad come to an end. In Israel's going to defeat Hamas. There's a lot of upside and and and so that was very kind of Trump what he said at the rally. And he's focused on the job at hand, what we got to do. And and by the way, the contrast, the contrast is really striking. Listen to Kama, Listen to Trump talking about what Kamala was doing the very same day here in Texas.
Speaker 3: But today Kamala is here in Texas to rubbed shoulders with woke celebrities.
Speaker 4: Isn't that exciting?
Speaker 3: But she's not going to meet with any of the victims of migrant crime while she's here.
Speaker 4: We have many of them right here, the families with many of them, and they're incredible people.
Speaker 3: What they've gone through, the hell that they've gone through and will continue to go through. Unfortunately, she'll not speak to the grieving mothers from whom she has stolen the brightest light in their lives. She was in charge of this border and she doesn't like being called borders already, where she didn't mind it almost four years.
Speaker 4: Ago, but now she doesn't like it. But you don't need that term. She was in charge of the border.
Speaker 3: She never came here, and she never made one call to these people behind me or anybody in the group.
Speaker 4: Not one call. She's in charge, she deals with border patrol.
Speaker 3: She hasn't made Paul, not even not one call in four years.
Speaker 2: Not one call in four years. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, it's a striking contrast. And then we saw shortly after Trump's rally, we saw Kamala come to Houston and it was it was a rally. It was in the Shell Energy Stadium, and you know it was designed to get lots of headlines, which the corporate media, like Bleeding Sheep, completely gave of huge crowd comes out to see Kamala Harris. Now, of course they told everyone it was a Beyonce concert. And Beyonce is by any measure, one of the five biggest musical stars on the face of the planet. And so you know, it was interesting to see all of the media gushing, oh thirty thousand people came out to see Kamala Harris. What they really should have written is smallest concert in a decade for Beyonce, because I don't think Beyonce's performed to anything as small as thirty thousand, and particularly when it was free. They weren't charging you. Free Beyonce concert brings only thirty thousand people. I mean, that would be a headline. But I got to say, it really was striking that they had to tell people they were coming to a free concert and then they got there and they didn't even have her sing God Bless America. I mean they they like, she didn't even hum good morning, like like it was.
Speaker 1: It was striking, the ultimate bait and switch as we call it.
Speaker 6: It really was.
Speaker 5: And and listen, I think it's because they were afraid if they just said a Kamala concert that that people wouldn't show up, and so they had to have a reason to get people to come there, and it was not to see Kamala Harris. And I got to say, listen, I didn't watch the Kamala rally. I have a limit to to masochism and how much how much just prattling on I can endure. So I don't really know what they said, because I like, I think I went out and had to water my lawn instead. I just I know there was something else I had to do. But I did see because it's where I see an awful lot of things in life. I did see on x a truly horrific snippet outside of this woman who's a Kamala Harris supporter, this young woman in her twenties who comes up to this toddler maybe two three years old, this little girl in a stroller and begins screaming at the top of her lungs and cursing at this little baby. And it was I've never seen anything like this. I mean, Ben, have you ever seen and this is not her child?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this was it went It went viral for a reason because it was just so disgusting. It was a shocking, shocking moment, like what are you doing and the fact that she knew people were recording it and didn't care.
Speaker 5: And by the way, there was another Kamala Harris supporter next to her who actually intervened, had got in her face and like you can't quite tell what she's saying, but she's basically like, what the hell are you doing You don't do this, lady, like, kudos to the woman who intervened and stopped her. And the dad reaches over and grabs his little girl and her up. But I gotta say, and I don't know, I don't know this woman's story. She's she's in her twenties. And and you know, I just never said that.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 5: I was forced to retweet it and just say, this is deranged because I have never in my life seen anyone do this to a little child, A two three year old little girl doesn't know what's going on. Just this this crazy stranger. And we're not talking just to one little comment. We're talking screaming at the top of her lungs at a child in a stroller. And and and listen, I think a lot of people online observed what was my reaction, which which is there's a level of hate, a level of radicalism that Biden and Harris and and and the modern Democrats have inculcated in their followers that that they've convinced them, number one, that Donald Trump is hitler. That literally as their closing message, that he's hitler. And they've also convinced them that anyone who supports Trump is evil, is a Nazi as a clansman, and apparently that extends to a two year old and a stroller, And and look, I was horrified watching it, But I was also just sad watching it. Sad for a country that that that. How have we convinced? Look this, I'm sure this young woman who screamed at this child, I'm sure the whole world is pounded down upon her in the days since then, and it has gone so viral. Look when you scream at a child, bad things happened to you.
Speaker 6: But but.
Speaker 5: I just viewed it as a really sad sign of just how much hatred has infused. And look, there are people on the right that feel that hatred as well, but I got to tell you the intensity of it. I haven't heard to anyone on the right say kamalas Hitler. It's only one side that is invoking the Hitler analogies that and you know that kind of a closing.
Speaker 2: Argument, This is it.
Speaker 1: This is their last thing they want you to say is, hey, if you vote for him, you are a Nazi and he is Hitler. And that is the closing argument for the American people. I just don't see how that plays well on election day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it just if you're screaming at babies, you've really kind of lost lost your footing and lost your grounding and lost you know, what it is to be a reasonable, compassionate, loving human being.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two. Let me also ask you about the Hispanic community as well, because the Hispanic community really seems to be talking a lot about the issue of the border, and the border issue is one where many in the Hispanic community have been affected by the border. They've been affected by the fetanol, They've been affected by the gang violence, they've been affected by the sex trafficking, they've been affected by the violent criminals have come across that were let go by this administration, including those who were convicted murderers and convicted rapists. And you're seeing now these stories that are also really connecting with the Hispanic community, watching and witnessing what has happened within this Hispanic community, which is a very tight knit community historically in this country. And they are also breaking away from the Democratic Party as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and in very large numbers.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you, in Texas and across the country, we're seeing Hispanic voters moving right in very significant numbers, and there are lots of reasons for it.
Speaker 6: One of the reasons for it is economically.
Speaker 5: The Hispanic community has been savaged by inflation and the economic challenges that is hitting Americans across the board.
Speaker 6: Listen, I can tell you in Texas.
Speaker 5: If you're an Hispanic guy in South Texas and you work in the oil fields and you drive a pickup truck and you go bird hunting on the weekends, you're voting for Donald Trump because Kamala Harris is doing everything she can to destroy your livelihood. And then you put on top of that the chaos at our southern border and the influx of crime and releasing violent murderers and Venezuelan gang members. I'll tell you many of the victims of this, these crimes are themselves Hispanic. Many of the illegal immigrants are going to heavily Hispanic neighborhoods where where the victims are Hispanic themselves, and the Democrats have no answers. And so I think we're seeing the Hispanic community moving right.
Speaker 6: And I will say the contrast.
Speaker 5: So in the closing week, Joe Biden has decided his argument is, if you're voting for Donald Trump, your garbage. In the closing week, Donald Trump actually just today put out an incredibly powerful new ad, and we talked about how on Friday I was with President Trump in Texas and we were there with families of those who lost loved ones to violent, criminal, illegal aliens, including Alexis Nungary, the mom of Joscelyn Hungary. And as I mentioned, I've gotten to know Alexis very well. She's an incredible young woman. She's just twenty seven years old, and she's dealing with the worst grief imaginable, and she's taken that pain which easily could just crush you. You could just just curl up at a ball and be unable to do anything. And instead she's taken all of that pain and she's channeled it into being a voice for Joscelyn, speaking out for Joscelyn. And look, Alexis has told me listen, she knows she can't bring Joscelyn back, but if she can speak out and change the policies, maybe she can save another little girl. Maybe she can save another mom from enduring the grief and sorrow and misery of losing your child. And so I want you, I want you to listen to this ad And it's just an extended interview with Alexis the Trump campaign just put out because it really does sum up the human cost of Kamala Harris's open borders and the suffering.
Speaker 6: That is happening.
Speaker 7: Sunday night, I asked her to not stay up super late because of her coming to work with me in the morning first to do her summer school. She said okay, and I told her good night and I love you. I went to bed, not realizing that that was going to be the last time I saw her.
Speaker 6: We're best friend, were thinking again.
Speaker 7: I woke up to notice she wasn't in her bread. I'm in my heart trying not to lose my mind because I don't know where she is. I finally remembered her phone had a location on and her phone was pinging just two minutes down the road, right behind the skatepark. I start driving to the direction of the phone was being pinged at, and I see a couple of cop cars with lights on. I see yellow tape and immediately my heart drops and sinks to the bottom of my stomach. My daughter's hands and ankles were both bound. She was strangled to death with left with no pants, and I know in my heart she fought incredibly hard. She was not going down without a fight.
Speaker 5: We begin with two men. We're learning our charge with capital murder Tonight accused of killing a twelve.
Speaker 2: Year old girl, strangled her before dumping her into that Both men were in the country illegally.
Speaker 1: Apprehended than released by border patrol less.
Speaker 2: Than three weeks before Jocelyn's dad.
Speaker 1: Man accused of killing Joscelyn Nungray are affiliated with the gang known for brutal violence.
Speaker 7: Kamala Harris was in charge of immigration in our borders. If we had better border policies and not open borders and not these catch and release policies. I truly believe this all could have been prevented under her being Vice president of this country. My daughter's life was ripped away from her. She had her entire life ahead of her. My daughter is six feet in the ground based off of policies that she allowed to keep. Kamala Harris did have one job and she not only failed, not me, she failed my daughter. She filled Joscelyn. You know she was only twelve. President Trump reached out gave me his sincereous condolences as not a former president, but just as a father, someone who cares. I believe Donald Trump needs to be back in office. I can at least know that my next child will be safe in this country.
Speaker 1: Senator, I've not seen a more powerful ad in my lifetime, and especially and we'll put it up on social media because you need to watch it. Because you see this mother telling your story and you see the pictures of her daughter. And if this is the closing argument for Donald Trump's campaign, it is the most powerful one I think he could have used.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I have sat in her living room. I've sat with a le Exus, Jocelyn's mom. I've sat with with Kelvin, Jocelyn's grandfather, as they've told me that they shared those same stories, just just one on one with me, and and and the agony. I every time I see her talk about Joscelyn, it just it. This is the very real cost. And I got to say, it's a very different message than than than Kamalin Joe Biden's closing argument.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Finally, Senator Donald Trump Is is not just running a campaign and and doing the speeches. He is continuing to announce new policies for his administration. If you wins, and one of them I hit a nerve with a lot of Americans in a positive way today when he said this about the victims of the cartels.
Speaker 3: So today I'm announcing that, for the first time under my administration, we will she's using the assets of the criminal gangs and drug cartels, and we will use those assets to create a compensation fund.
Speaker 4: To provide restitution for the victims of migrant crime.
Speaker 3: And the government will help in the restoration. The government will help in the restitution.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what Americans want. They want action.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, that Look, that's exactly the right thing to do. And it's the reason why Jocelyn. Look, it's only been or why Alexis, it's only been a couple of months since since Jocelyn was killed. Can you imagine a mom standing up and speaking out like she is. It's the reason she's pouring herself into this is because there's a chance to change this. There's a chance to prevent the next victim, the next little girl, the next little boy, from being killed and Number one, President Trump is promising as he did before. Look when he was president last time, I worked hand in hand with him, and we had incredible success securing the border. We achieved the lowest rate of illegal immigration in forty five years. It's a very simple message. We did it before, We'll do it again. And I think expanding it as he's suggesting to say, we're going to seize the assets of these criminal gangs, of these drug cartails, and we're going to use the assets to compensate the victims and the victims' families. I think that is fair, that is right, that is just, and it is the difference between a leader who's actually trying to keep people safe and what Kamala Harris is doing, which is putting her own partisan political interest above the safety and well being of American families.
Speaker 1: As before, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing.
Speaker 2: I want to get back.
Speaker 1: To the big story number three of the week you may have missed. Let me ask you another question, and this is about people that are really concerned about the election coming up and we have now got a headline. And there's two parts of this headline that will drive you insane. Number one, a Chinese foreign exchange student has been charged with multiple crimes. That's good news for illegally voting in Michigan on Sunday. Now again the headline there, you would think to yourself, well, this is great news. We had a guy that was illegally voting, we caught him. It's not going to count. The problem is Michigan can't and won't disqualify an a legal vote cast by this Chinese national because quote it's already been put through a tabulator.
Speaker 2: So Michigan says, hey, it counts. So there is.
Speaker 1: Someone that's going to show up and vote in Michigan and their voter is going to be canceled out by a Chinese foreign exchange student that has been charged with multiple crimes for illegally vote voting. But it still gets canceled out. And yet Democrats are still sitting there saying it's racist. If you say you have to show an ID before you vote.
Speaker 5: Well, it's infuriating. And understand why this happened. This happened because the Democrats in Michigan.
Speaker 6: Passed a law.
Speaker 5: Their voter ID law allows people to show a current student photo ID card from an educational institution in order to vote. Now, the only problem is you don't have to be an American citizen to get a student ID. In this case, you had a Chinese national who was from China. He had a student ID. It could be a student that's allowed, but Chinese nationals are not allowed to vote in American elections. And yet this individual did so. He voted while it was illegal. Two charges against a nineteen year old student. He was not identified, but he is not a US citizen and he's being charged. And the reason that this is happening is because Democrats don't want you actually to have to prove you're a citizen. You know, there was legislation called the Save Act, the Save Act. They voted on it in the House of Representatives, and the Democrats on essentially a straight party line vote, Democrat after Democrat after Democrat voted no. The Save Act was very simple. It said you have to demonstrate, you have to prove you're a citizen in order to register to vote. It's common sense, and yet part of the one of the reasons the Democrats voted no Is. They claimed, Oh, this is not a problem, no non citizens vote. Well, tell that to the Chinese national who just voted in Michigan. And infuriatingly enough, the Michigan officials say, oh, and by the way, his vote's going to cast it's easy illegal. He can't vote legally, and yet we've already tabulated his vote. That's what the Michigan officials are saying. And I'll tell you, I'll bet you a large sum of money, ben that the candidate he voted for rhymes with Hamila Icarus. And yet magically that's going to be included in the vote to Ellis for Michigan, one of the key swing states. And that's sadly an outcome I think the Democrats want.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go back to the Save Act for a moment. And this I've heard and had more people come up to me, and I'm assuming you have as well. But I'm interested to see where people say, Man, I feel like we're gonna win this one.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're on good footing.
Speaker 1: I feel like moments this way, unless they cheat, unless they unless something happens where they cheat, you get a story like this, and you see that the person was caught voting illegally. Everybody knows the legal next. Sorry, it already went through the tabulator. We can't take it out now, so it's gonna count. This is why so many Americans, I think now have no confidence in our election system. And again, this goes back to what you guys try to do in Congress with a Save Act. Remind people of how simple that would have been for us to be able to protect the votes of American citizens.
Speaker 5: It was a simple requirement that you have to demonstrate American citizenship to register to vote. And that's basic common sense, which is why the Democrats as a party are against it. If they don't want non citizens to vote, why are they opposed to demonstrating you're a citizen before you register to vote. The answer is obvious. But look, here's the good news. The good news is historically voter fraud is only mattered at the margins. It's only mattered when it was close, which means in states across this country, particularly swing states in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, we got to win by a big enough margin. They can't steal it. Will You see unscrupulous Democrats trying to steal votes absolutely. It has happened every election for as long as we've had elections. But the best way a we should do what we can to fight it and prevent it be we should pass laws to make it more difficult.
Speaker 6: But we're four days out.
Speaker 5: Real answer now is that we need to turn voters out in every state in the country and win by such a big margin that nobody can steal the result. As Trump puts it, make it too big to rig. That's got to be at this point. That has got to be the number one approach.
Speaker 1: Senator, final question for you, and this is an election question. There is massive early voting numbers that are coming in around the country. There are two thoughts on this, and we see that women in swing states are outpacing men by about ten percent when it comes to the votes that are coming in early voting. Democrats say this is great. It means that women are showing up and they're voting on the issue of abortion, which means they're going to vote for Kamwa Harris and other Democrats. And then there's others. That's a hold on a second, not so fast. Conservatives are voting earlier now and a lot of single mothers may be voting early, and a lot of mothers are struggling with the economy. What is your gut on this, because I don't think it's a bunch of people showing up on the abortion issue.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think it probably varies state by state, and so I don't know the data. In the swing states. I will say right now, there is a real and meaningful gender gap in terms of the votes that if you look at it, Republicans right now are winning married men, Republicans are winning single men, and Republicans are winning married women. However, Republicans are badly losing single women, that is in terms of national polling. So one of the questions that I would have, and this is where it's hard to generalize from data without knowing specifics, but I would be very interested in the states where you're seeing a significantly larger number of women than men showing up early. I would be very interested in the breakdown between married women, married women, and single women, because there's a significant difference in their voting pattern. I can tell you also, at least in the state of Texas where early voting is happening, we're not seeing a significant differential between women and men. We're seeing about equal numbers of both voting in the state of Texas. I don't know about the other states. I haven't studied the numbers there, but it is difficult to generalize. Look, it's possible if you get a bunch of single women who are voting Democrats showing up in large numbers, that is a good data point for Kamala Harris. I don't know if that's the case or not. It may be that you have a bunch of conservative women, you have a bunch of married women who are coming out to vote for Donald Trump. You were right that Republicans are voting early and significantly greater frequency than they did previously, and I think one of the big reasons for that is that Trump asked them to and the Republican Party is making a very concerted effort to encourage people to vote early. So that one data point on its own, it's hard to generalize about. You really need to drill down more deeply into the data.
Speaker 1: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz Ben Fir. Listen whether you don't forget to deal with my podcast, and you can listen to my podcasts every other day. You're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict. Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts and we will see you back here on Monday morning.