Speaker 1: There's this thing that Jack and I we're talking about today on the Trends episode where it's like GQ did these like etiquette things like how to be a modern gentleman. Oh, one hundred and twenty five. Just pick a number between one and one hundred and twenty five and I'll tell you how GQ tells you. Some things are like stick etiquette, where it's like, yeah, don't like, don't like give your seat up for a person on the train or bus who like needs it more than you. I'm like, yeah, okay, that's just called being like a decent personne eighty nine, pobably okay eighty nine. Tip number eighty nine. That is in the subsection called parties and events, okay eighty nine in social situations dinners, drinks, dinner, drinks, meetings. I don't even know how dinner, drinks, meeting your partner's friends are the first time? Whatever. Don't be boring or is this contributing a joke, a good story, A genuine curiosity about another person quote.
Speaker 2: Being genuine curiosity for a man, I don't think so much.
Speaker 1: Quote. Being shy is not an excuse if you're pro pull your weight, don't freeload off the energy and hard work of others.
Speaker 2: Not be fucking in cells, learn how to talk to people.
Speaker 1: But also like this, like things like social anxiety is for bitches. Okay, get over it and contribute. It's like that's not helpful, Like sure.
Speaker 2: But hey, uh, contribute to the check even if you're broke. No broki is allowed.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's in Picklin. You can number between one and one twenty five. Uh one thirteen, one thirteen, I mean your closet. This is about fashion one thirteen. Nobody cares about the deep meaning behind your tattoos, really dope tattoos.
Speaker 1: That is so funny, Like they talk to me like, give a fuck about your dad, Sue.
Speaker 2: It feels like half of this was written by like Andrew Tate and the other half was like written by just a regular woman.
Speaker 4: Pick one, you want to pick number sixty nine?
Speaker 1: Maybe nine that.
Speaker 2: Don't make the joke sixty.
Speaker 1: Nine the phone and the Internet sixty nine. You'd be a better dad, partner and friend if your screen time were cut in half.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean not wrong, but that's such a boring one for six.
Speaker 2: But also, are they dads at this point when they're reading this because like, then we've lost the plot, like it's gone too far. If their dad's then they need this advice.
Speaker 1: But it just shows like how how fucking backwards most dudes are that. It's like the most basic shit is in here, like, hey, dipshit.
Speaker 2: Hey deodorant have you heard of it? Hey? Not natural deodorant?
Speaker 1: You know one of the other ones that says, don't it's not being weird about condoms.
Speaker 4: Oh, men still to this day are very weird about them.
Speaker 1: What is being weird about not wanting to use them? By them on hand? Wear them and don't make a big deal out of it. Don't ask if you can take them off in the middle of casual sex and get them off without asking your party first. Yeah, that's a crime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do rapes. This is the thing that most men think, like all the time. I don't know about most men, but bro a lot of men.
Speaker 1: My cousin was like, ro I never wear condoms.
Speaker 2: Wait, is this the cousin that I met? I don't want to call him out, but at your party.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know if that one was there. I think you met my cousin with the redlocks. Yeah, yeah, that's not him. That's not him. He's okay, Okay, he's a little more paranoid. He's like me. Whereas like it took effort for me to ever stop wearing condoms, okay, okay, because I was. I was. I was born in the aids of like the air of the aids walk, where Like in my mind I was like, you have to put said you never happen, you never. And my parents are always like, you don't want no fucking kid, You don't want a kid? Yeah, you better wear a condom. So, yeah, definitely, I remember being scared to not wear a condom the first time.
Speaker 2: You're wearing a condom right now?
Speaker 1: Actually, I am.
Speaker 2: You always gotta if you stay ready, you don't gotta get ready.
Speaker 1: Wow, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four oh seven, Episode five of the Daily es Eeitgeist production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Friday, September twenty sixth, twenty twenty five, and what a wonderful day it is. It's also happens to be National Gay Men's hiv AS Awareness Day, National Compliance Officer Day, National Situational Awareness Day, National Dumpling Day, National Pancake Day, National Shamoo the Whale Day, and National Johnny Appleseed Day. Oh, the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord Lord forgiving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the apple seed.
Speaker 5: The Lord is good.
Speaker 1: That's what Johnny Appleseed is. Anyway, it wasn't Doctor Nate all kinds of Christians as a child, and we had to sing that shit before we ate the shittiest cafeteria lunches. Anyway, my name is Miles Gray AKA. When I'm voting for Democratic nominees, Mom, Donny's the one who happens to be blue, And on new shows, I'll endorse.
Speaker 5: That nominee in a way that won't disrupt the interview, and I would give the right mile and I would give the right sum more just to be the damn who lost to Donald Trump in twenty twenty for.
Speaker 1: Murder knowledge bull Because Yeah, that icy endorsement Commily gave on Rachel Madam just felt like truly the bare minimum that you could.
Speaker 2: He then she gave to Gabe yeah right, or even Palestinians.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it wasn't even like she didn't know pro way out of it. But hey, look here we are. You're selling a book. Drips and drabs are coming out and making Joe Biden's team mad. But I could care less about him struggling.
Speaker 2: Well, look, he doesn't even know what's going on, so why doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He's fine, he's fine. You've seen his ankles. He's doing great. I'm thrilled to be joined by today's guest co host. I don't even got to say anymore. You ard know what time it is? Okay, fuck is scientist? Okay, comedic scientists, host of the monthly facial recognition comedy show, Okay, fantastic human being, and my friend.
Speaker 2: He made it sound like I'm the Patch Adams of scientists. I'm like, whoop woop squirting hydrochloric acid on people. Oh wait, I want to go back to its Situational Awareness day. So it's like, hey, everybody, just like pay attention to what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's very like the if you want to see what the image is to celebrate this day, it's very much.
Speaker 2: Being a light thing like find the differences.
Speaker 1: No, it's a lady getting mud.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well maybe that's just a gloved person handing over a bit hold on.
Speaker 1: This has to be like for people with to have a gun or something, because they all in an instant, a dangerous situation can develop. How to observe it take a situational awareness course. I mean, I get it, man, the fucking world's fucked up, but this feels very fear mongery. The world's scary enough as it is, okay.
Speaker 2: To my dog. There was a weird dude in my neighborhood who I'm not like super afraid of, but like he approached me in a creepy way. And my big boy knows when to bark.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like well not to tell shout out here, but like he knows like not to attack, you know, but he just like gives good warning barks when he feels me feeling.
Speaker 1: He knows not to put some but he does know when to attack is saying? Is that the implication?
Speaker 2: I don't know yet, but he hasn't had to.
Speaker 1: I feel like those clips of like people who like train dogs to like walk with their kids and be like, my child will never get abducted with this like military attack dog by their side.
Speaker 2: But it's like dog abuse to like traumatize them to the point of like rabidness.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, to be that violent on a dime? Sure, sure, yeah, that's why I like my dog. He just laid down.
Speaker 2: He make friends with the.
Speaker 1: Rather he'll invite a vampire into the house.
Speaker 2: Oh, your dog is like gonna be the first to go in sinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 4: That's why I was able to dog sit for you. The implications I'm a vampire.
Speaker 2: Yeah get it, Yeah you did. When you came back, all the garlic was gone from your home, and we thought that's because Caitlin was white. But no, it's too Spicy's got a kick to ita.
Speaker 1: Way to just not bury the lead, dig up the lead and show everybody who's here. Uh yes, in our third seat, we are thrilled to be joined by Look a legend of the show. I don't have to give I don't have to run down the resume. The resume, the bona Fides, the bona Fidus. You know them from their fantastic podcast, The Bechdel Cast. You know them from being a wonderful teacher of screenwriting, and also they happen to have an advanced degree in that subject. People on this show have even taken the classes and their lives have changed for the better. Okay, that's a pretty good I would say that's a pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, you already know the anagrammable name night Ted Dracula. You know, we already know Latin dancer Uti, but to us it's Kalenda Hi.
Speaker 2: Latin dancers get a lot of UTI's. Is this something that nobody's talking about how Latin dancers?
Speaker 4: No one is, no one except for me. No, I'm I don't know, but my name sure spells out Latin dance for you.
Speaker 2: T I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible, it's still man, I've bet hall of you. You could, you could make you can have a good decent amount of Instagram. You gotta have a lot of letters in your name.
Speaker 4: Let me get let me get to work on it.
Speaker 1: I only have nine letters in my podcast, my first and last name. So it's it's pretty like game.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a like a like a superhero pseudonym, you know what I mean, like pray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always thought I would be a cool fashion designer. They're like, oh that Gray, Oh what's that sweater?
Speaker 2: Threat? Of course it's Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Of course it was made child labor. Well, Caitlin, thank you for coming on. We're gonna just do a quick just touch up on what we're going to be talking about today. Just a loser democrat, establishment democrat is already like weaponizing this like Kirk post Kirk shooting era to try and be like political violence with out of control. We'll talk about how it's the most disingenuous way. Shame on them. Also, Trump just looks guiltier every time he talks about Jeffrey Epstein. Somehow, yet there's still a lot of a lot of like our media outlets trying to be as like quote unquote objective as possible and just be like, wow, he says a thing like that, Like, let's maybe keep talking about what he said and what that means.
Speaker 2: Given the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: Have either of you seen the show nine to one one on Fox with Angela Bassett?
Speaker 2: No, but I didn't know Angela Bassett was in it, and now I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's in a two time Oscar nominee Angela Bassett.
Speaker 2: Yes, check out those arms, Angela Bassett. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, Have you seen Strange Days, Dude? I fucking love that movie. Anyway, that show I saw, like some of the early episodes, because like, damn Angela Bassett's doing a show on Fox. This show has progressively gotten weirder over the years, to the point that this this new season, they're like, they're they've beyond Jump the Shark, and I don't even know if that means the show's cooked, but there's truly no boundaries. I will just say, why is someone who's in the lapd somehow in outer space for a show I was supposedly serious about emergency like First Responders.
Speaker 4: The Furious Nine, they took them to space.
Speaker 1: It's well, look, we'll get into it, and just sort of like the trends over the years that now I'm like, I think I love this show and I need to be watched.
Speaker 2: I literally am gonna immediately worry.
Speaker 1: Victor just said that show rules. So Victor, I might have to I might have to ask you a thing or two when we get to that story. But first Kaylynn Caitlyn, I would either say, Caitlyn D Toronte, I don't know why. I want to know, what's the other one? Was it? Lauren Lauren D Titanic Titanic, Lauren D Titanic, That's what I was fucking up that other anagram of your name, Lauren. What's a search? What's your search history? Lauren, research history. That's the thing about who you are.
Speaker 4: Please call me Lauren d Titanic. Lauren is my father.
Speaker 1: Please call me Latin dancer.
Speaker 2: Call me something for.
Speaker 4: My search history is Paddington Afternoon Tea Tour, which.
Speaker 2: There's a damn god, damn it. What do you what do you mean now? I'm like, your entire search history is Paddington and you're just picking one of them. Yeah, okay, well, there is like a ninety percent chance I have searched for this thing before and also mentioned it on this show as my recent search history, So apologies if that is true. But no, it's just that you love Paddington. That's I'm like, you couldn't be more Caitlin right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the t bus.
Speaker 4: I think you think I probably did mention this before, so whoops, my bad, But I did look at it again.
Speaker 1: Becacause what's the follow up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, here's something very important is happening in London right now, which is there's a Paddington the Musical that I have to go see. There's also the Paddington experience, which is.
Speaker 2: Sort of just like.
Speaker 4: You walk through like you mean the really busted horrible one. No, yeah, awesome, it's nothing like that. It's really good. Actually, I'm guessing, so I have to go to those two things. And then I was like, oh, is the Paddington Tea bus tour still happening because I'm gonna just like maybe do a trip and do all of these Paddington things. Oh my god, I had to make sure they're still all available.
Speaker 1: I am so fucking jealous.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh, like, what are you gonna do as you get older? This millennial general, this is what we do, okay, we take care of ourselves and Paddington.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, this is yeah, this is this is what happens. This is like what happened with like a lot of gen X Japanese people were like they saw their parents work themselves to death and never be happy, and it's like, you know what, I'm not gonna do that. I'm just gonna buy all the guitars I want and just like just do what I do. And I love the idea, like I'm I think I'm just jealous because you love Paddington and there's like three dope Paddington things popping off right now that you're like, well, I gotta go do this shit.
Speaker 2: Oh now the Paddington fandom has got to be going crazy right now.
Speaker 1: What the fuck they every what? What the fuck? Is like?
Speaker 2: It looks beautiful?
Speaker 1: What is this? Exactly like I'm seeing children frolicking in a fake forest.
Speaker 4: So let me tell you something last year around the not well, I was like last May, I was on tour with a Bechdel cast doing our Shrek Tannic tour.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to something called Shrek's Adventure I think is what the name of it was. But it's the same area, same vibe. But basically it's just like this themed series of rooms you go through. It's like a narrative kind of unfolds and there's like kind of audience participation. It's sort of like live theater. There's characters, there's like people costumes, and then they like take you through room by room as this like narrative is unfolding. It's really it's for children, and it's because there are moments where it's like, now I need a volunteer to stir the pot three times, just.
Speaker 2: Like you're the baseball game from the child.
Speaker 4: Yes, so if it's anything like the Shrek Shrek's Adventure, it'll be like that. And so that's the Paddington experience. And then that's totally separate from Paddington the Musical, which is totally separate from Paddington Afternoon Tea. For you to experience this, oh my gosh, you can just fend mom me. Everyone, please mend mommy some amount if you live in London and you want to put me up for a few days while I go on this journey.
Speaker 2: This can be a tz thing where you like, review it and come back and tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, how much is a ticket to London.
Speaker 2: Away? Like Paddington get the actual.
Speaker 1: Experience, you can get an dizzy for the Devil's number six six.
Speaker 2: Six sixty six.
Speaker 4: That's not too bad from l a fairs.
Speaker 1: I'm six fifty nine. I mean, why am I doing ads right now? Okay? Great, so maybe we can figure this out. But yeah, the fuck man, I will need to make this happen. See look, and maybe I can make a thing out of it too, because London also calls to me in the form of arsenal.
Speaker 2: And then I'll also be there and we'll just be me. We'll I'll go, I'll do comedy. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bugget on the plane. We don't give a full Ye Lauren, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Something is underrated? Uh?
Speaker 4: Buffet style restaurants?
Speaker 2: Oh they But what I mean by this a very brave take post covid.
Speaker 1: Okay that what was that sound too? You said it like like like a judgmental food critic.
Speaker 2: On Okay, we'll see how the andre goes.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want. There are like I'll go to a restaurant and I want to try so many things on the menu, a little bit everything, And you can't do that unless you want to shout out hundreds of dollars. So if everything was like kind of buffet style or maybe Tapa's style, you just get a little soul dim sum exactly, a little more soul of everything they should have, like the way they have like flights of beer or whiskey places or whatever.
Speaker 2: You should do that. Why do sliders are the only thing that comes in flight? Miniature?
Speaker 4: We need more miniature.
Speaker 1: Appetizer is always the thing that comes with a sampler, you know what I mean? There's like us like some places to be like or you can try them all in the sampler when you're.
Speaker 4: Like we need entrace sampler platters.
Speaker 1: But that's also a lot of food, because like every time I'll be like, oh that's great, it'll be like me and like her majesty or something. I'm like, bro, we can't eat a whole fucking I can't eat like half a case of the half Nacho's, okay, don't.
Speaker 2: Fucking yeah, socialist country.
Speaker 4: So take home the leftovers. And then I got left It's like, look the problem did.
Speaker 1: You go to it? I mean, okay, I know that for you that was a solution to something that you're like, damn, this would make my life easier. But have you been to a buffet recently? Like this is? This was great?
Speaker 4: You know when was the last buffet I went to? I feel like they have become a thing of the past post COVID. I used to go to a lot of Indian buffets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like a lung special or if they if you order like a thali, which is like a platter it's like dim sum but.
Speaker 1: Like a b Yeah. I think the last one I went to was in Vegas two summers ago.
Speaker 2: I was going to say the buffets are really yeah, and.
Speaker 1: All eight was prime rib. I'm sorry, God, whoa, I know not what I do?
Speaker 2: Uh, Caitlyn, You're like, I'm so sorry, God.
Speaker 1: What did I do? I was not taken in the rapture? Caitlyn, what's something you think is overrated? I'm sorry, Lauren, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm Laurent dy Titanic now and forever. Something that's overrated is American cheese. And what I also mean by this is I don't think people are out here being like American cheese is awesome, So I don't think it's overrated in that sense, but the fact that it exists at all is a travesty. That is, it is the most disgusting shit I've ever had. I don't know why it's an option. You go to places and it's like, oh, do you want your omelet with American cheese?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You want American cheese on your BURGERA? Why is it there? It tastes like plastic. It's horrible, it's disgusting. It's just like a slab of like yucky salt, like congealed and like it's horrible.
Speaker 2: Why make me feel better about vegan cheese? Because I'm like, it's cardboard. I'm eating microblastic. So this makes me feel a little bit better that American cheese are both bad.
Speaker 4: I would hazard to guess that every vegan cheese is better than Americ, like traditional American cheese.
Speaker 1: Aman, I've had a few, and look, American cheese has like the superior melt, you know, because it's just like a big little flap of melty ship. But like again, yeah, the flavors is not there. It's more of a texture than like a flavor to me.
Speaker 4: But the flavor that is there is disgusting.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I guess if you eat like a straight up raw, I call it raw, you're.
Speaker 2: Raw dogging American.
Speaker 1: That's because normally I like to do it safe. I eat it with the plastic sleeve on. But if you eat it raw and you take the slice out of the plastic sleep, yeah, that's a different experience.
Speaker 2: Then do not ask to eat it raw.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't be weird about American about having the single slice crafty in the GQ man etiquette list. Okay, the only you can't even eat American cheese raw? Please be safe.
Speaker 2: A woman won't even let you eat American anymore one of this country coming to with gloves? Now, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hugged with Gloves. It's my new blog, hug with Gloves with Gloves. Yeah, it's amazing. We're getting a lot of traffic actually right now. But yeah, American cheese, I think it's the only time trying to even think, like I just tolerate it, like and fast food, just because I'm like, great, it's that texture, but buying it no, Like, even if I make grilled cheese, I melts easier. It's better with other cheese. You just got to know how to go grilled cheese.
Speaker 4: Some Havardi or something like whoa, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, have you heard of any other cheese?
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody stood back from thirty two windsor lane or windsor gardens or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then if you add some marmalade to your grilled cheese.
Speaker 1: We're losing. And you dress like a little.
Speaker 2: Bear marmalade like a big aspect of your diary.
Speaker 1: Blag and wearing toggle coats.
Speaker 4: You know what happened one time for my birthday, some one knowing that I left Paddington, gave me like six jars of marmalade. And that's a nice gesture and that's the thought that counts. But I don't actually like marmalade. So I just have like six jars of this condiment that I don't know how to eat really or like, yeah you.
Speaker 2: Need it with the jar because you're not raw dogging, yeah.
Speaker 1: Glass, yeah safe.
Speaker 4: So I made like a marmalade cake that was like horribly executed.
Speaker 2: Oh do you do you bake?
Speaker 4: Not really, I don't. I don't cook or bake in general.
Speaker 2: Let me do two things that I'm familiar with and.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'll turn out five. This has to work, but also just shows how expendable the marmalade is, Like fuck it, I'll take a punt on baking this cake or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did throw a lot of it away.
Speaker 1: Well, I opening eye opening, y'all. Venmo, Laurendy Titanic, let's.
Speaker 4: Get Yeah, I gotta go to London and Lauren.
Speaker 1: To London the Lorn to London campaign because half begun. Because I just want to live vicariously through someone who like loves a thing.
Speaker 2: You can't be the girl who didn't go to London? Is that a reference you guys get or no? No?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: From the OC or like The Hills or whatever, what is it that reality show where that she she didn't she stayed instead of going with a boy, instead of following her fashion drabble.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was probably that was probably The Hills, The Hills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ristan Cavaleria, I think it was Lauren Conrad. That's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: Lauren now making great children's clothing. I might really no hashtag, no promo, but someone someone after the fire, someone donated some baby clothes to us. That was That was Lauren Conrad. Lauren See, okay, LC, I'll be seeing you later. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and you know, news after this and we're back. Just we were talking a little bit about like just the state of the Democrats. The terrible takes of like like we need to bring in more anti choice democrats to widen the tent. Many other just takes of like ignore where the momentum and the energy is, which is in talking about inequality, talking about affordability, and acknowledging that maybe people who are you know, backed by corporate interests don't have people's best intentions in mind. So there's a congressional race coming up for California's twenty second district that's currently held by a Republican, David Valadau, and it's going to be a tight race. So it only makes sense during a race that all the candidates vying for a blue collar area like this one in the Central Valley will do whatever they can to differentiate. So I just I want to get into So they're One of the dem challengers is doctor jazz Meet Baines, and she's making a fuss about how the other Democratic challenger, a college professor and autoshop owner Randy Viegas, is quote attacking her. I just I'm going to read her Facebook post before I actually tell you what this quote unquote attack was. It's from jazz Meet Bain's Facebook quote. Appreciate all of the messages of love and warmth. As political violence increases in America, I myself have experienced a heightened level of it. What gave the world permission to attack a woman of color because of her identity? What gave the world permission to be rate a physician who spends countless hours taking care of the vulnerable. What gave a man the permission to resort to spreading lies just because his campaign is going nowhere. I think we should all look at the reality of how low people are willing to go, because right now in America it is pretty low. Campaigns are run by spreading lies, not by hard work in showing up. Attacking a woman of color does not just attack me, It attacks numerous little girls out there who dream of more and dream of a future in which they are welcomed. Goes on to say, like America needs to think long and hard about itself, and I will still stay deadic So what did Viegas say? This is from like a TV that came up. Quote my opponents, Democrat and Republican alike, have taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from the same corporations that are ripping us off, making our healthcare, housing, and groceries more expensive. That was in this ad. Okay, doctor bon.
Speaker 2: Again, I do this almost every week. I apologize on behalf of all Indian people.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do that anymore. We have to do that anymore.
Speaker 2: We're hit now. I guess I don't know what is happening, but it's so bad.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of people point out, this ad did not even mention you by name. Bam. But you're out here being like, oh the political violence being in this era, So unfortunately there re seats don't lie. Okay, both Baines, who is currently in the state Assembly and Valido, who's the incumbent had.
Speaker 2: And also of Batman origin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have. They basically share the exact same corporations, like the same fifty three corporations. I've given them both money, including ab V, Amazon, AT and T, Charter Communication, Chevron, Exxon Mobile, Eli, Lilly Honeywell, like the list goes on Southern California, Edison who allegedly burned my house down, Union Pacific, United Healthcare, Walmart, and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Okay, actually listing out the names of these corporations is actually very anti Indian. I don't know if you know that, but like you really should stop naming corporate.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry, I will stop cultural, you know, Okay, My bad, my bad, Pfizer, Pfiser, good good. Flir So Vegas is like the son of immigrants his and his message is just so clear right now. He's basical saying we need less corporate dems in office, and that's where I'm coming in. I'm like, I I my singular focus is about equity for like, and not even like a left right thing. He said, this isn't a left right issue. This is a class thing that we're up against. And this is interesting because he wasn't the establishment pick to try and unseat David Valado. Baines was, and her record is abysmal. Okay, as a Democrat in California, this is how she was voting only she was the only Democrat to vote against an oil price gouging law in twenty twenty three and lost her committee assignments as a result, because again she's got huge oil interests in her distance, like she's just willing to entertain oil money. She also voted.
Speaker 2: Against Indians used oil in their hair? How dare you again? Culturally many questions.
Speaker 1: Bains voted against to build a limit corporate landlords from owning more than one thousand from owning more than one thousand single family properties.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's very normal for Indian families get cards.
Speaker 1: Okay, by this way, she voted against stronger ten protections. She voted against giving the state Attorney general authority to block private equity purchases of medical providers. You think someone as a medical provider themselves would know the dangers of what happens when private equity comes in and starts meddling in people's medical care. I guess not unless they're you know, they're sliding minion.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very stereotypical to attack medical things. A lot of us are talking, okay, so hard.
Speaker 1: Recently, she voted against AC eight eight, which is the bill that put Prop fifty like, which is the ballot proposition to rewrite congressional maps, basically in response to what's happening in Texas. She was like, no, we shouldn't do that, we should stand pat.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's like a rewriting maps. Very wait, so that's they were trying to rewrite maps and she said yes, she.
Speaker 1: Said no, don't no more, no more, increase jerrymandering to offset what Texas is doing to add more Republican seats to Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what the British they changed the map.
Speaker 1: Okay, subject, okay, you don't have to bring the partition into this. Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know what it's literally me at every occasion super Bowl, are we partitioning the teams? Is that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: So one man is just going to decide the fate of a nation.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, it's just again it's wild that a person is trying to say that being rightly identified as a person that is very cozy with corporate interests is a form of violence and a political violence.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also like, I'm sorry, but we got to stop using the woman of color thing. There is a huge difference between like the richest minority in the US being women of color and then like farm workers being women of color. You know what I mean, Like, there is this it's a class difference, which is what he was trying to address in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, yeah, doing that like actually muddies the waters for when people are actually we are denigrating people of color, women of color, when it's just like uses a blanket defense of like I fucking love the utility companies and vote for them every time. That's you're actually anti a woman of color. Yeah, but hey, maybe we are. I don't know. I just do you have anything to say about Lauren a pro or corporate as.
Speaker 2: A woman of color? Do you have any sat.
Speaker 1: You would have to speak as Latin dancer? Uti?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have answer, Uti.
Speaker 4: I do not feel comfortable with what's going on, right, So what, Well, here's the thing. I'm a white person, and when we are bad, white people were bad. But we will consider that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Of color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually attacking white women, attacking women in general, political violence.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything to do with it. In fact, I don't even know if I can go on with this episode. Now.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Let's move on. Let's move on to something else. Let's move on to something else. Donald Trunk. He uh, there's a new report in the Wall Street Journal about the inner workings of the White House. In terms of how the Epstein files are being viewed, it's mostly it's mostly that Trump just can't grasp like the why, like why why are people like why do they care about this so much? This wasn't the New Republic quote, Trump complained the AIDS regarding the intense public scrutiny over his failure to produce Epstein's so called client list, claiming that quote Palm Beach in the nineties was a different time. The Wall Street Journal reported late Wednesday, after longtime allies whipped up a fearer for fure Fvor over the dismal Epstein files roll out on the second day of a Turning Point USA Commerce. We talked about them, where Megan Kelly and Charlie Kirk were like, what's going on with these and like they quickly kind of like switched gears. Trump wanted to know, quote why is everyone so fixated on this issue? And then as other people quote what would make it die down? And I just I think it's super wild to me that saying Palm Beach in the nineties was a different time. As you know, like when people say, oh, like oh, I got caught doing something and go, well, it was a different time back then. That usually goes along with an admission of guilt, where it's like I feel like, yeah, I did it, but I'm justified in that it was a different time back then. That's why I did the Michael Jackson thriller blackface. Justin Trudeau or whatever, whenever he did blackface.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's also like what he was saying back then. He's like, it's a different.
Speaker 1: Time now even now.
Speaker 2: Listen, I could be racist against black tenants. It's a different time right now.
Speaker 1: As we speak, I'll know that right now is a different time that I will use to explain why it was a different time now. But yeah, as like as in the Night Palm Beach in the nineties, was it was okay to be like a lecherous child abuser? Is that the It.
Speaker 4: Seems like that's what he's saying, which I would say, no, that's not correct.
Speaker 2: White people good again, Okay.
Speaker 1: Let me let me erase one of the tally marks I have column. Okay, Okay, go on, Lauren, No, that was that's it. Also, like he's asking what would make it die down? Speaks to the senility of this man. Also, I mean, first of all, probably the truth. You know, that's one thing everyone's asking for gonna happen. The thing about that a little bit incriminating the truth apparently, and I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you attacking me with political violence by asking for truth?
Speaker 1: Trump and that whole white right, right wing propages. Yeah, I'm gonna be elmer Fudd real quick. The whole white wing media machine very quiet, barely quiet. We're hunting wibbwos. They basically have been fanning the flames of outrage because they figured it's a way to keep the base suspicious about like elite liberals. But now like their own base. They're at the gates right now and they're demanding answers, and like, fuck are they still out there? What do they want? They want? They want a resolution to the thing you've been dangling in front of them for many years as a way that you thought it would never come out. And you could just use that as like this sort of like conspiracy theory talking point to kind of just be sort of like, you know what, I'm talking about Democrats bad because look, everybody, all those names should come out, Republican, Democrat, fucking everybody. That's but we have a reckoning problem in this country, so I'm not too convinced that'll happen. The w Was Street Journal is also reporting that Pam Bondi and Cash Matel continue to have beef. She told like White House staff that funny Cash Betel's FBI was quote trying to destroy her because they're like they're like they're leaking stories to the press about how the files are being handled. And now the MAGA base they want me out, they want me to resign. They all hate me. They're making her escapegoat, and she did. She complained to like Donald Trump apparently, and according to this reporting about like how bad the situation is and how she doesn't like all the scrutiny and he just told her to toughen up.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not surprised since Trump views all these people as a means to an end.
Speaker 2: I just love the idea of all the escapegoats fighting. I think that's fun. They're like like crabs in a barrel, just like fighting each other to get out one hundred.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the thing with people who are driven by just this like unhinged desire to be powerful and influential. They don't They're only doing it in service of themselves, so they don't have no idea how to work towards a common goal because they're so focused on their own shit that, Yeah, it ends up turning into these so much infighting. I mean we saw this in the last administration too.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they saw what Rudy Giuliani looks like and it's like, yeah, I'll take more of that for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be that. I want that.
Speaker 2: Where does he get his ink?
Speaker 1: Like it's actually printer toner. Oh yeah, he cracks op in an EPs in printer cartridge and.
Speaker 6: Just kind of He's like me up some magenta. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's got the cmy cage. It's just like got yellow, magenta, blue black. Wait, that's true, you're doing that's Trump pointing it out. Here's the other thing too. We talked about how there was that special election.
Speaker 1: In Arizona where the candidate at Alita Grihalvo won her her father's seat because he passed away earlier this year, so she's going to be sworn in. She said she will be that final signature for the discharge petition to have the floor vote to release the Epstein files be like a real thing that potentially they would release in a searchable database for all people to see.
Speaker 2: You know, somewhere Trump is shoving papers into his mouth. Tryin of like eat ith, Yeah, I gotta get.
Speaker 1: Rid of Was it naked? Because there's a movie where people are doing that and they were shredding documents and then putting pasta sauce on it. I feel like it was in naked. It was just like a stupid scene or they're like we got to get rid of everything, and they're just like eating it with.
Speaker 2: Saw that thought it was a documentary.
Speaker 1: Hamburger put American cheese on it and chili and onions. I'll eat it. Yeah. The other thing though, now is that they're like Thomas Massey, who's like the main Republican leading this charge. He's got the support of Marjorie Taylor Green, Nancy Mason more In Bobert, who are like the three people who are helping tip the scales towards the discharge petition. Nightmare blunt rotation. Also, I bet all of them will pretend to smoke, which is also a nightmare. There he's saying that all of them are under tremendous pressure right now from the White House to reverse course. Now, I've been saying this from the beginning. I don't know if those three are holding out to be like to get some shit for themselves, because I don't think any of these people are truly interested in the truth. They're probably interested in how they can you know, enrich themselves. But I don't know. Stand. We just don't know yet. Hopefully they for some reason keep it together long enough to get to the voting part, and then we'll see what happens. Then the next bit of confusion will pop up.
Speaker 2: But did you see the I think we talked we may have talked about it. The press conference where the victims said that they were going to compile their own list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that has like put a pressure on them or like, first of all, I hope those women are safe and taken care of, but like I wonder if that had any effect on them, or like if they're stalling to kind of like wait it out or whatever.
Speaker 1: I think they know because a few weeks ago, Thomas Massey did call somebody out by name and was like, Okay, I can start saying names too. And I think he probably did that as like a warning to be like, you know, the Epstein files may be under lock and key, but we're talking to people who are the survivors of this abuse, and they have memory, like they can tell us things that we can look into. So I don't know, it's it's it stands. I don't know. I don't know where this ends up. I mean, like the optimistic version is like then they vote on it, and then the DJ has to put out the unredacted or like the versions that are somewhat reacted for like legal purposes.
Speaker 2: What can eagerly publish the shooters text messages? Again, they're like oh fuck, wrong, wrong.
Speaker 1: Wrong, yeah, Like draft, they're like, hey, do you think someone can make like with AI, make some fscene files we can release? Is that the sad of thing? I just again, like it's just a really odd moment because even Republicans are highly suspicious of the FBI when it's like they've fully taken over that thing.
Speaker 2: I also wonder if like Republicans, like obviously they don't have genuine intentions most of the time, but I wonder if they're also suspicious of the FBI because it's like a brown dude in charge like actual.
Speaker 1: Raisons, like hey, probably, I mean there are people who aren't, like people who don't like that Charlie Kirk's wife is trying to take over Turning Point, Like they're like, why is she doing it? And it's clearly like this misogynistic shit where they're.
Speaker 2: Like it really feels like Ben Shapiro and like Nick Fuenttez are angling for that too, like they're both like making the rounds, trying to like fight for the audience at least.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I think it was Stephen Crowder or something like I don't know if this is true, but his like Twitter bio said that he is like now like the number one conservative like commentator on the internet.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. He was still doing his fucking show.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean he's yeah, okay, he had Yeah, he changed the bio to say loud of the Crowd, the number one conservative daily show because that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was cold blood. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But these people don't they have no common goal aside from watching marginalized people suffer and them being at the top of a pile. Like that's it's not really a worldview. They're they're chasing a sensation of superiority. It's not like a system of like actual governance. I mean there is a version of that, which is just authoritarianism, but like, actually.
Speaker 2: That's the immersive experience. I'm going to go to a sensation of superiority. It's going to be like really.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, and it's probably in London too, Yeah, in London, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's at the Lysium.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But they're like, they're like, but don't ask for any of our artifacts back. Okay, you're not that superior. We're we still will hold onto your history for for and we'll stamp it with our stamp. All right, let's take another break. When we come back, we may have a show that will help us escape the absurdity of our reality by going into the absurdity of a scripted show. But it sounds pretty fucked a while. We'll talk about it right after this and we're back and it's gonna get even wackier. Okay. So promo was just released for the show's upcoming season nine premiere, which we'll find two time Oscar nominee Angela Bassett queen traveling to outer space.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there's an emergency.
Speaker 2: Is a cop Okay, she was gonna shoot the asteroid. So you're resisting arrest.
Speaker 1: Stop resisting. We had Yeah, they had a called unhoused person in space, so they called the Lapdia.
Speaker 2: Up to what if, Gavin News I'm doing up there? That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just cleaning up, just cleaning up this tent space camp doing a podcast. So we just watched that promo you've seen. Okay, So you guys got a taste of sort of what this show has offered. Like I said, I saw the like the first season when it was like there were some wacky sort of things happening, but it wasn't on the level of like being Nato.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had no idea this show existed, and I was like, we live in multiple Americas. It's eight seasons in and I have never experienced the Bee Nato that they're both. They're like, we are we've gone full like past Gray's anatomy bomb in the hospital or whatever. We have a b Nato and we're titled that we've experienced all of these emergencies with you as an audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I mean I think this is this is a great bit of writing. But also if I feel like they always have the most sensational billboards around LA, like nine to one one might not waking up?
Speaker 2: Do I think that it's just regular nine one one the like, am I just like, oh cool, they're advertising for sake?
Speaker 1: Cool, Oh cool. If a cop car drives into my billboard, I'll call them. Yeah wait, Caitlin, have you seen the nine like the like wacky nine to one one billboards that they've had around.
Speaker 4: If I have, I have not perceived them as such. I also thought maybe they were just like, hey, do you forget what number to call if there's an emergency here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Either that or I'm just not driving you know what, I just don't drive very much.
Speaker 2: We're looking at the road, okay, keeping aware of threat, we're situational awarenessing the road.
Speaker 1: This was when they had that was a van going into the billboard.
Speaker 4: Like, whoa wait, that's no, I have not seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they've had like just really wacky things over the years. At least they like they know that they had to get attention with like sort of like the absurd sort of rescue things. But again, if you're curious what B NATO is, Okay, there's a B Tornado obviously, but it was like a three episode arc.
Speaker 2: These are the are the are the dads, and the NATO is the moms. That's why it's being NATO first.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, like aler, it's binomial nomenclature. Yeah, my scientists out there. But so the three episode arc starts with a truck that is carrying millions of killer bees for some reason just crashes downtown quote, threatening the lives of a group attending a perfume party.
Speaker 4: Oh and the bees are attracted to the perfume.
Speaker 1: Probably that's just making it a little bit worse and making them a cable.
Speaker 2: Perfume were they wearing? Why were they downtown with wearing perfume.
Speaker 1: This shit gets wilder. This three episode our gets wilder. Okay, So, at one point, Angela Bassett is in a plane escorting a guy who quote killed her fiance back in nineteen ninety one to testify in court so he can have like a lighter sentence for another crime. But the pilot quote gets sucked out of a hole and into the sky like it's twisters or some shit, and the co pilot passed out. So Angela Bassett has to land the plane with the help of a quote young aviation obsessed child.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what part of that seems unreal to you? I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I just said.
Speaker 2: It seems like everything is every loose end is tied up.
Speaker 4: This happens at the end of Snakes on a Plane as well, so it sounds like they're just regurgitating already perfect media. I didn't realize this was so I thought maybe this would be like more of a serious show.
Speaker 1: But I'm what I was kind of it sort of was and wasn't. Like they knew it's Fox, so it's not going to be that serious, Like it's still going to have a bit of sensationalism, but like it's only gotten, it's ramped up over the years.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like it's escalating the way that The Fast and the Furious movies do. Were the first one, they're just humble DVD players steelers, and then and then the ninth movie, the ninth season of nine one one, Everyone's going to Space Best and.
Speaker 1: Furious nine go to Space y f nine. They drove right up there. That's crazy because season two of nine to one one they were in Tokyo.
Speaker 2: You mean season three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, season three, my bad two Fast too. Oh that's right home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I fucked that up. I fucked that up. I fucked that up about you? Oh my god, I'm so humiliate. We also had somebody on Kylie Yu recently who was actually in that too.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: But do you know what's great though? To that episode about the I got to get the guy who killed my fiance back in nineteen ninety one, episode is called when the Boeing Gets Tough. I'm mad? You're mad? Now?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, wait, I love that. I kind of love it. I like a punch. Here's the thing, let me write on it. Yeah, you're not what would you lose quality.
Speaker 1: No, let me just show you a couple other things, or talking about a couple other things. They had one at one season that began with a blackout where cyber attacker hackers fucked the grid up, which led to Zoo's the animals escaping the zoo okay and running a fucking muck And apparently a lot of people, just like I think sort of critical observers are like, this may just be that, like there's just a void that was left by the absence of disaster movies, which had bit like a staple kind of content that just human beings watch, just disaster flicks, and that maybe this is just the way that like they're filling this void and they're ramping it up because people are watching it, and you know, some people have said, like it's potentially like a coping mechanism for the disasters we just hear about in real life. Also to watch it, like.
Speaker 2: What happened to the Sharknado movies and stuff like is that not going?
Speaker 1: Like or I think they can only do so much like the brand you kind of it gets it gets yeah, Victor, Victor, what's your favorite nine to one one absurd moment? Because you you said this, you love this show, right, Yeah? I mean I love the tiktoks on it because the best way to observe it is like through ninety second clips on TikTok because then you don't have to hear any of the characters like talk or do anything. It's just like that. The most absurd parts just like all the good parts. Yeah, exactly. I think my favorite is actually.
Speaker 2: Watch it for the character development.
Speaker 7: But okay, also that's fair. My favorite is that the Lone Star spin off actually did an evil MRI machine before Final Destination did like a few years, like a good few years before Final Destination did it.
Speaker 1: This year, whoa wow.
Speaker 7: A doctor brought in a metal bed and they're like, no, no, that's the MRI room. And then they got stuck into the MRI uh and all of the firefighters had to stripped down to their underwear to try.
Speaker 1: To release.
Speaker 4: This knows Yeah what good entertainment did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like some have said, they're like no, they it knows when a lean into the funny and also knows when to talk about it. It's like potentially dying from beastings, like, we also know how to be serious about that, so it could be like just a fine example of truly just well polished writing.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but they shouldn't be villainizing the bees of course be such a bad rap. But you know you're right about the disaster movie like the dearth? Is that the word that I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: I feel like derth means like the opposite of what you think it is, and I always mix it up. Yeah, I really struggle with this word.
Speaker 4: The you know, the the vacant the vacant scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, Thank goodness, because disaster movies really peaked in the nineties, I feel like, and then they haven't really except for like things like Sharknado, which no one takes seriously. Really there you know b movies on the sci Fi channel, right or whatever? So uh yeah, I guess nine one one is filling the void filling.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the apocalyty? What was the movie with Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis where they Armageddon? Yeah, Armageddon, where like they didn't just have the astronauts go to space, they had the like not drillers. Yeah, the same. We could have the cops go to space. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Why don't we just give this astronauts guns. They're like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, you got to send the pros up there. That's what I'm like, What could this is? I mean, where off are we from?
Speaker 2: Like the New York NYPD, like having the money to go to space?
Speaker 1: Where do you, like, Caitlin, how would you write? How would you justify a member of the Los Angeles Police Department needing to go to outer space? I am, which is completely I'm pretty sure outside of their juristiction.
Speaker 2: Like I'm running for Sharon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't think of a justification for that, aside from just shooting all cops into space and leaving them there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think it's like a like a police abolitionist message, to be honest.
Speaker 4: But that's the script I'm gonna write.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, stopping risks to like every rocket.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like is it to do police shit?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like it feels like it's like the only way it's justifies Like for some reason, it has to be her, for whatever reason, what does she have?
Speaker 4: Maybe her what was it who got shot in nineteen ninety one? Her fiance? Yeah, what if he never died, he just got sent to space. He's been living on a space station since nineteen ninety one, and.
Speaker 2: So she has to go back. Oh wow, and he wrote a way better episode than they thought of. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Wait, so then maybe that's like what's her face?
Speaker 2: Take Caitlin's screenwriting class.
Speaker 1: What's the Homegirl in Greece?
Speaker 4: Olivia Newton John?
Speaker 1: Olivia Newton John like how her husband faked his death?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, her husband faked his death and he's living in Mexico.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I did not know about that? Is it like a tiger king thing?
Speaker 1: It says her ex boyfriend Patrick Dermott may have faked his own death. He disappeared on a fishing fishing trip and then people are like, bro, we spotted this dude in fucking Mexico.
Speaker 4: So you think maybe he faked his death and went to space.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean like like there's like a real life quarrel, Like maybe there's some a parallel story that you could be like, well, did I mean Olivia Newton John's boyfriend at the time said said deuces And then people were like, this guy is still alive in Mexico. They're unsubstantiated claims, but I just like this idea.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, well, the beautiful thing about fiction is that you can just write it and that's the exactly show now, So that is what I would do, and then the end of that episode would be Angela Bassett also gets stuck in space. I mean obviously I love her, but like, yeah, if she's a cop, like we don't.
Speaker 1: So this is from the Dayline NBC story about this her ex boyfriend since the airing of the because they went they were like, we need to fucking see if Olivia Newton John's boyfriend really faked his own death. So they went down to Mexico. Since the this from Dayline NBC. Since the airing of the Dayline NBC story that coverage with the story from around the world, we the investigators in this case, would like to say thank you blah blah blah who have helped us track mister McDermott down. Our team cannot ever say thanks, but okay. So on February tenth, two thousand and nine, our firm received of facts from a small city in Mexico and your Alcopolco in the state of Geetol of the Pacific Coast. After investigating the letters sent to us by Facts, we began to investigate its origin. Since that time, we have been in phone contact with a quote representative of McDermott. We find this quote representative credible. We're currently in negotiations with this representative and will make an announcement when necessary. Please understand that we were using all caution due to the current issues Mexico's facing, the safety of staff, etca, et cetera. And you know, they said, they keep saying like I'm pretty sure we found them.
Speaker 4: So the lesson here is that men are so unable to commit that they'll fix their own day and move to Mexico about it.
Speaker 2: But it also said like he had overdue child support, so like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's how you do it. It's how you do it, they said, the claiming mcdernal is alive like a lot of slop sloppy. Everyone goes like in America's like and then I'll go down to Mexico and just duck it out. You know, nobody will notice me. Like I'm not famous guy, yeah, person not from Mexico in Mexico, trying to keep a low profile. And he's like, yeah, man, I don't know. I used to date Olivia Newton John. You know, I had to take my own death though to come down here.
Speaker 2: That's nuts, I would feel. So I'd be like, you couldn't just a phone call? You're really ghosting me like this.
Speaker 1: Bro, that is a true sign of like the absolute worst communication skills and lack of respect for somebody. And You're like, I'm gonna have to just fake my own fucking death here, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did she died?
Speaker 2: But also kind of baller.
Speaker 1: Yeah way yeah.
Speaker 4: Well so he can come back then, right, and that's a really horrible joke.
Speaker 1: He comes back, He's like, whew, all right, boys, where are we going out tonight? God? Finally go back to my favorite chili's And that'scanddo all right Well, Caitlyndrante, thank you so much for joining us on the Daily Geist. Today has been a pleasure and an honor, a privilege and an honor playing with you gentlemen this evening. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? Uh?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Instagram at Caitlin Toronta. You can listen to the Bechdel Cast uh that I co host with Jamie Loftis of course. Uh, you can catch me at a show in State College. I believe this is happening. We're still hammering Pensylvania. That is Pennsylvania, Okay, and this is on Friday, October third, Okay, so like a week from now where it's gonna be a comedy variety show that I'm headlining. I think again, we're we're we're figuring it out.
Speaker 1: Is it so?
Speaker 4: Because I'm talking to the venue, which is Manny's in State College, Pennsylvania, and we just like have solidify the details yet. But if you want to know more.
Speaker 1: It's just not contentious. It's just kind of like, yes, it's just put together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a very kind of last minute thing. I like told a friend of mine I was going to be in town visiting people, and she's like, oh, do you want to do a show? And I was like sure, And so we're just like still ham.
Speaker 2: Caitlin off the cuff. You know it's going to be great, So you all should go. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'll you know, post about it on my website slash Instagram if you are interested in going and you want to like DM me and I'll send you details.
Speaker 1: And what's your VENMO for the Lauren to London campaign, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's at Caitlin dash Durante, but.
Speaker 1: It is going to Lauren do Titanic just so you know, correct, Kitlyn Durante on Venmo is for the Lauren to London campaign. If you do contribute, but hashtag Lauren to London ziking so we know. Bless you all. I wish you well on on your on your journey to.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Is there of media, social or otherwise that you're enjoying.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, I'm always going to recommend a movie which is a Twinless Okay. I don't know if it's still in theaters, probably not, but it was this great indie comedy that I enjoyed very much. So if you get a chance to watch Twinless, please do. There's a famous guy in it who I like, don't remember his name because I like don't know any of the things that he was in. Maybe Colin O'Brien. No, not calling Dylan O'Brien. Dylan O'Brien O'Brien the famous guy.
Speaker 1: It is Dylan O'Brien, Dylan o's and Team Wolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd like a huge Everybody on the internet is like horny for him.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, he's a good looking guy the maze runner as well. So yeah, Twinless was great and I enjoyed it very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, paulave been on. Thank you so much for joining me today. Where did the people find you? And what's the work in media? You lie?
Speaker 2: I'm at Paulaviganala and p A L l A v I g U n A l A n everywhere except Blue Sky where I got pulla y. We have facial recognition comedy at the Comedy Store next month on the seventeenth at ten pm, please be on time, my brown brethren. And then a work of media I've been enjoying is I've started reading smut and it's amazing. I'm reading Crowns of Niaxia, which is like it's like a thick ass book and it's mostly like it's world there's a lot of world building and stuff, but then there's some really fun romantic scenes in it. It's a fantasy series with some sexy as vampires, and it's just a fun.
Speaker 1: Read you need to read. Next. What hollopen? What is that all?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: My homegirls? He loves She's She's like a smut reading machine, Like the amount of smut books she gets through.
Speaker 4: A play on Halloween.
Speaker 1: But it's yes, yes, object romance follows two friends who tempt fate deliciously and end up having a legendary time with look urban legends.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well it like like Kalapenno, kind of like Kalipo.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a dude with like a dick made of rock candy and ship.
Speaker 2: Whoa. It sounded like hollow and I was like, that doesn't sound fun.
Speaker 1: No like Halloween. Yeah, yeah, it's wild because I just remember it like the Headless Rider, like the Headless Dick. It's so wild. I like, I gotta find the excerpts. I'll send you some of the excerpts that my friend showed me that I was like, this is okay, Mine's.
Speaker 2: Not like so crazy. There's like one or two sex scenes.
Speaker 1: Any Sorry, I jumped like I jumped straight into the nonsense.
Speaker 2: I need to. I like the fantasy too, you know what I mean. But if there's a hallow pen, why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: Or you read Fourth Wing? You know, like everybody else to what are you gonna do? That's your Okay, that's your work in media? Said you link. Yeah, amit it okay? Cool? You can find me everywhere miles of gray. Some little posts side like on Blue Sky. First one is from Tim Marshman. I said, I'm a reporter, not a political strategist. But one answer to the question of what can the opposition do is use the extraordinary investigative powers members of Congress have, even when in the minority, to get new information courts and journalists can't get. No, That's that's one thing you could do, you know, if you wanted to. And then Barrio Speedwagon what a fucking fantastic display name uh at Chicano Brown Dot. He's got a social post it as something of an olive branch to the right, Disney will release Song of the South from the Vault on Jefferson Davis's birthday. Fantastic. You got to balance the scales, people, You got to balance the scales. You can find us everywhere at Daily's eeitegeist right the Daily es guy on Instagram. You go to the description of the episode, scroll down a little bit, and that's where you will find the footnotes foote That's where you're gonna find the link to all the information we talked about, as well as a song I think y'all are going to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That song is from Shaghetto, Uh, the Japanese American producer musician from Michigan. This track is called Ready Set Flex and it's just like a like a dope little I don't even know. It's kind of drum and basie, but it's very experienced. It's it's cool. It's cool if you like Shaghetto. It's really dope. I really enjoy is drumming and just production in general. Ready Set Flex by Shikeeto s h I G E.
Speaker 2: T Oh.
Speaker 1: That's where you find it, uh. Data zeit Geist is a production of iHeartRadio. So for more podcasts from here, check out the heart Radio app, Apple Podcasts where you get them. Okay, take it easy, We will see y'all. Let's see tomorrow. We got the best of week kind of clips coming out, and then on Monday we'll be back to tell you what trend died over the weekend. All right, We'll see you then, Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Ze his executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bae Wag, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M mcnapp, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner