Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Katty, I'm strong and Getty and he I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The father and son who were the gunmen here with radical Islam, a fifty year old man in his twenty four year old son, and they began firing indiscriminately. But it was the heroic actions of a forty three year old Syrian migrant who actually managed to wrestle that weapon away from the father.
Speaker 2: The brave Syrian.
Speaker 3: Who intervened was shot himself by the son, and eventually the father died of the scene and the twenty four year old, who was born in Australia is now in police custody.
Speaker 2: He's under watch at hospital.
Speaker 4: Father son is lifemist in Australia, killed a bunch of Jews. That if you haven't seen that video of the brave dude who tackled the sun and got the gun away from him. Who knows how many lives he saved, could be dozens, right, because that shooting.
Speaker 2: Went on for ten freaking minutes.
Speaker 4: God, if you're in a big crowd and somebody starts shooting, I would have in my mind, you know, get to cover run whatever is going to be the best thing here, and then in fairly soon this will be over a couple minutes, max, sure, ten minutes, yeah, yeah, before we get to more horror.
Speaker 2: Well, this is horror too.
Speaker 4: Joe and I both interested in the fact that, for instance, the New York Post has six different Rob Reiner stories up to eight.
Speaker 1: Now first eight stories on the website are all about Rob Reiner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, an interesting story, no doubt. I was a big Rob Reiner fan, not his politics, but his art.
Speaker 2: Rob Reiner fan. These movies.
Speaker 4: I remember when I used to think I'll go to any Rob Reiner movie that comes out. They had been so consistently good for so many in a row. I don't feel like stand By Me has been mentioned enough today. Man, is that a good movie with the little kids? But anyway, he and his wife stabbed to death. You probably heard that story. They've arrested his son, their son, and he was a regularly homeless drug addict. And what a horrible, horrible story. But it has no bigger significance than that. This whole is longists going around shooting people, causing mayhem around the world.
Speaker 2: Is a giant global story. Now, is that what.
Speaker 4: Was going on with this terror plot in la which we'd all just became aware of. Like in the last hour, the FBI arrested four people in a terror plot that was supposed to begin on New Year's Even Los Angeles. They just had their press conference. Let's hear a little bit about how that went.
Speaker 5: The charges we are announcing today stem from the defendants and their co conspirators detailed coordinated plot to bomb multiple US companies on New Year's Eve. Thankfully, that plot has now been foiled thanks to the hard work of the FBI and the Department of Justice. This investigation was initiated in part due to the September twenty twenty five executive order signed by President Trump Trump to root out left wing domestic terror organizations in our country, such as Antifa and other radical groups like the Turtle Island Liberation Front.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Turtle Island Liberation Front, at least, according to the article I read, was all about the Palestinian Cause.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, they're kind of the whole intersectional Omnik cause, militantly angry about capitalism and the Jews in Palestine.
Speaker 4: Well, let's hear the next clip where it explains what these people are about.
Speaker 5: And if anyone does not believe that members of these groups are organized, sophisticated, and extremely violent, let me tell you about the plot.
Speaker 1: In this case.
Speaker 5: The four defendants, Audrey Carroll thirty years old, Zachary Aaron Page thirty two, Dante Gaffield twenty four, and Tinla forty one, each from the Los Angeles area. Each is charged with conspiracy and possession of an unregistered destructive device in violation of Title twenty six United States Code, Section five eight six' ONE. D we intend to file additional charges in the coming weeks as we finish reviewing the. Evidence the defendants are all radical anti government members of The Turtle Island Liberation, front, which according to their own social media is an anti, capitalist anti government movement that calls for their associates to rise up and fight back against.
Speaker 4: Capitalism, okay that's interesting to portraying it that, way because least The New York post portrayal was it was about, free Free.
Speaker 2: Palaestine this guy with THE fd to ice and LIKE i, said it's The.
Speaker 4: Omnikause, yeah, MA'AM i don't. Know are you more motivated by one than the other when you're these. Men WHEN i heard those, NAMES i, Thought i'll bet they all have graduate degrees of some sort and they probably all come from well to do.
Speaker 1: Families probably Good, lord they're la chapter is called on THE Us, government Called i'm sorry THE us government and an Illegal american, empire demanded a Free, palestine Free, hawaii and Free Puerto. Rico they are also anti capitalist and hardcore Anti.
Speaker 4: Israel, man this sounds like early Seventies Patty hurst's.
Speaker 2: Stuff, yeah it really.
Speaker 1: Does, god it's the intersectional omni cause that wants to kill people and hurt.
Speaker 2: People, well we will keep an eye on.
Speaker 4: That if there are more details before we get off their we'll tell you about. It wanted to hit you with a quick update as we raise money for The scouts this. Week my son has been A Boy scout now for not even a year. Now i've already been absolutely blown away by the organization and what it has done for him and kids THAT i see around, him the older, kids just. Stunning what it does for leadership and confidence and you, know life, skills being able to go out in the world and, survive which for whatever, reason doesn't get taught. Anymore i'm highly impressed with the. Scouts we'll be talking more about that. Later we're trying to raise money this, week so we do this thing when you, know when we raise, money where you can donate. Money you can be, anonymous you can use your, name or you can come up with a funny. Name for, instance twenty five bucks From gladys's kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Teacher why you are? Old?
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah we got twenty five bucks From i'm not going to do the whole, name but the first name Is.
Speaker 2: Aywood you're probably familiar with the. TERM i think we went to school.
Speaker 4: TOGETHER i believe they're from a Former soviet block based on the last.
Speaker 2: NAME i don't. Know just blow. Me where would that be? From maybe It's, ITALIAN i don't, Know.
Speaker 4: Arabic we have a sixty eight year Old Eagle scout husband just did thirty.
Speaker 2: Pushups nice, job good.
Speaker 4: Man wait a kick ass seventy two year Old Walnut Grove eagle scout also very.
Speaker 2: Cool appreciate. That let's get a toell The gladys.
Speaker 4: Roll of the.
Speaker 2: Drum where are we at?
Speaker 4: Currently are trying to RAISE i don't know how Much horny were trying to. Raise our initial bowl was fifty thousand. DOLLARS i think we're going to hit that easy as we are at nineteen three hundred and fifty seven and we just started a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Ago we are trying to raise money so that kids who might not be able to Afford scouting that will not hold them back because it does so many incredible. Things As jack was, saying teaches patriotism is self. Reliance it is the force against the indoctrination In america's schools we've been talking about so, much and against the war against.
Speaker 2: Boys it's just.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and every kid who wants to be A scout should be A scout and money should not hold them.
Speaker 4: Back so sort of an unintentional lesson THAT i think my son is getting In scouting is us working The Christmas tree lot a couple of ships this last week where The scout's one of their big fundraisers Is christmas, trees and a lot of people get Their christmas trees, there a lot of people who have had kids And scouts come come back there to help support The scouts buying The christmas. Tree but seeing all the different kinds of, people AND i mentioned last, week my son got to. SEE i think it was an old guy yelling at his, daughter but it might be an old guy yelling at his.
Speaker 2: Wife it was hard to, say but just seeing.
Speaker 4: Just seeing people like. That you, know when you work, retail you get to see things you don't see other places in. Life it was funny most, MOSTLY i mean.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 4: Percent it's just, husband wife and kids going and picking out a, tree and it's wholesome.
Speaker 2: And nice and everything like. That there's a couple of.
Speaker 4: Dudes this was really. INTERESTING a couple of guys and a. WOMAN i think it was a, sister but it looked like a, father son and. Daughter grown, ups but like really hearty, dudes like flannel, shirts work, boots, jeans like they got off work even on A, sunday came and picked up the tree and everything like. That they spent more time getting the right tree than any other group THAT i saw, ever any like you, Know Fancy. TOWN i don't know if this will go with our deck or or anything like, that or they just would constantly.
Speaker 2: DISCUSS i don't know how many trees they. GOT i don't know.
Speaker 4: Why it's a little it's a little wide at the bottom and it JUST i don't. KNOW i just don't like the, way and then they get out another Out what is the deal with?
Speaker 2: You two people either more up on.
Speaker 1: Tree, mechanics they're looking for a good, practice we're too.
Speaker 4: TALL i don't know IF i like the needles on this. One they were the most. Particular you can't you can't judge a book by its. COVER i would have never guess looking at those guys unless it was kind of the whole uh gay rugged. Look MAYBE i was. That MAYBE i was mistaking. Metrosexuals, yeah, yes, yes they were acting like very picky metrosexuals about their.
Speaker 1: Tree you, KNOW i picked my tree the same WAY i picked my. WIFE a good straight, spine that's what you're looking. For otherwise you got it in the base and the balance is all. OFF i Once judy AND i once bought a. Tree it was just. GORGEOUS i mean it was everything you look for in A christmas. Tree, symmetrical very very thickly filled in with needles and all good good, ornament hanging branches and. Stuff BUT i looked, inside or, looked you, know in the, interior and the trunk was kind of curved to the right and back to the, left so it ended up looking.
Speaker 2: Good it was tree.
Speaker 1: Scolios, Yeah AND i went ahead and went for, it AND i spent the Entire christmas well it fell over like three, times dumping gross tree water into the carpet over and over. AGAIN i finally had, bricks multiple, bricks holding down the one side of The christmas tree stand because the thing it fell over on my kids at one, point which was prickly at. Best but, yeah so a good straight a, trunk trust me on.
Speaker 4: This, YEAH i, too like my, women LIKE i like My christmas, tree good wide trunk solids fall, Over that's What i'm looking.
Speaker 1: For sake at the, bottom thin at the, top that's like, him what he got any.
Speaker 2: Fake trees around? Here thchi Cc that's What i'm looking. For the thick trees we got more of all about that, base that's. Right yea, here.
Speaker 6: Heyey one Of america's most beloved entertainers turned one hundred years old this. Weekend Dick Van dyke kept us laughing for, generations dating back to a sitcom in the early nineteen. Sixties Dick Van dyke says one of his secrets for longevity it's, simple keep.
Speaker 2: Moving chitty chitty bang. Bang we love.
Speaker 4: You dick Van dyke one hundred years old over the. Weekend he quit drinking because he had a drinking problem when.
Speaker 2: He was in his. Forties so that's now sixty years. Ago pretty good long.
Speaker 1: Run, yeah, yeah, yeah that's sort of. GIG i was reading something about some MUSICIANS i admire and the. Nature if the nature of your job is intense effort and then long periods of boredom end or, leisure that's that's a pretty good, PRESCRIPTION i think for drinking too. Much there's something about having to show up every. DAY i think that it just speaking for, myself it helps me discipline.
Speaker 2: Myself can you look this, Up, KATIE i don't.
Speaker 4: Remember it's, Uh Dick Van dyke's wife is like forty years, younger fifty a lot. Younger we give a, past don't?
Speaker 2: We on a?
Speaker 4: Society if you're one, HUNDRED i, MEAN i, mean it's gonna be a happier age plus seven or whatever it. IS i don't know, what of course i'd his, Case i'd only be fifty. Seven howl's his.
Speaker 1: Wife if it's mutually acceptable the, relationship how about it not be?
Speaker 2: Mutual what are You?
Speaker 1: Talipan what are you gonna well you, could you, could you, know do put an oldster into.
Speaker 2: Something OH i thought you're looking the other way. Around oh, OKAY i see what you.
Speaker 4: Mean, yeah, yeah you're not just marrying a old person that's out of his mind trying to take their.
Speaker 2: Money well that, too that, Too, yeah that's What i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, yeah she is forty six years, younger coming in at.
Speaker 2: Fifty four years. Old, wow they've been married since twenty.
Speaker 4: Twelve, yeah AND i mean so, YEAH i mean that is obviously an incredible age. Difference but still she's almost, fifty so it's not like she's a kid not knowing what she's getting.
Speaker 1: Into you know. What it's a bit of a variation on the usual you know. Dynamics but those two crazy kids are. HAPPY i wish him. Well SO i found this really.
Speaker 2: Interesting you marry about you married.
Speaker 4: Somebody fifty years older than. You you are definitely getting married with the knowledge that they are going to.
Speaker 2: Die before you most. Likely, ah it's not some sort of you, know.
Speaker 4: It didn't look for a bus coming from the left or something. Exactly the proverbial early death a. Buss, yeah, yeah that's that's. Again if he loved her.
Speaker 1: Companionship she enjoyed His, again it's a bit of but what the, heck the Great dick Van.
Speaker 4: Dyke she want him to only date other one hundred year. Olds, man his bumble profile is going to be really.
Speaker 1: Difficult well, yeah, yeah there's not gonna be a lot of volume. There, YEAH i see your. Point, ANYWAY i found this super interesting his story about The january sixth pipe bombing. Attack they just made that arrest that what was a thirty year old guy in suburban, well Northern, virginia.
Speaker 4: Lives with his, parents kind of works at their. Place maybe it is.
Speaker 1: Autistic, yeah, Yeah and of course they mentioned That Dan, bongino when he's a, podcaster said it was an inside job blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah but it's.
Speaker 1: Actually kind of a good transition because they point out he learned something far different after becoming the number TWO fbi. Official investigators weren't hiding, evidence they just didn't realize they had it for four. Years they had this enormous trange of cell phone data provided BY T.
Speaker 2: Mobile it set on a.
Speaker 1: Shelf digitally, speaking it was there in a fire well because investigators couldn't figure out how to read it and what to do with.
Speaker 2: It, well that's worth of people familiar with the.
Speaker 4: Matter that's WHY i said the day after the, ARREST i wonder IF ai is going to be able to solve kinds of cases in the future where they can take in all that, information location, information cell phone, records just all kinds of different, stuff you, know receipts from the hardware store that turned out to be, important and just put it all together in a way that it would take way too many man hours to.
Speaker 1: Solve oh, yeah, YEAH i think you're one hundred percent. Right this was cracked when a tech savvy law enforcement officer wrote a new computer program that could deal with and decipher that mountain of, information and that's how they broke the. Case i'm surprised that something like that hadn't happened, Before but.
Speaker 2: It hadn't because it was an enormous.
Speaker 4: Investigation can you imagine how hard that would be as, individuals human individuals to do that, though put it all.
Speaker 1: Together, oh just the sheer volume of data to look. At yeah, Yeah so bureau spared no, expense using powerful digital tools that produced a sea of information so detailed that it surprised even longtime. Investigators agents studied thousands of pipe purchases at home depot stores Across. America for, instance they analyzed data From google and an attempt to isolated individuals who might have searched online for instructions about how to make pipe bombs and for directions to THE rnc and THE. Dnc they examined who'd paid for parking in the, area explored whether a rented home airbnbvrbo might have been used as a staging ground in preparation for planting the pripe pup. Bombs just all sorts of, data but, again all, right now what do we do with?
Speaker 4: It the son Of Rob, Reiner Nick, reiner has been officially charged with murder in the deaths of his, Parents Rob reiner And Michelle Singer reiner officially charged with. Murder so solved fairly. Quickly just so now it's just a, horrible horrible family. Story could happen, anybody does happen to people. Occasionally that's, Rough, yeah, yeah. Terrible nothing more really to say about. That we got more on the. WAY i hope you can stay, Here.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and.
Speaker 7: Getty President trump laying out the stakes, again saying land strikes are on the, table as some fifteen thousand troops deployed in the region await orders in the, meantime now targeting. Oil the sea's tanker now on its way To, texas AS us officials say more seizures like this could be coming. Soon THE us sanctioning six more tankers Shipping venezuelan, oil and that will ratchet up pressure On venezuela's beleaguered, president as oil exports are The maduto government's number one source of.
Speaker 2: Revenue, mahuro nice. Job no more For venezuela and. Oil that's WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Say land strikes are either on the table or completely not on the. Table but to announce that they're, not obviously would be giving up a make your point of. Pressure so why the hell would you do? IT i never understand those questions that answers when it comes to asking presidents about.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, well And trump, ESPECIALLY i, mean he's got made a career ON i don't, know maybe we just cancel the whole hotel, project right and the developers wait, wait, wait whoa whoa not come on, now let's throw stuff. Around.
Speaker 4: Uh they may see Sixty minutes last night and the feature About germany and how they are re arming for the first time Since World War, two since The, nazis.
Speaker 1: Which they mentioned like ten. Times, yes we know it's the that was eighty years. Ago Let germany defend itself and become an ally worth. HAVING i don't Think hitler's going to raise rise from the grave and Start World war two.
Speaker 2: Again all, Right let The germans arm.
Speaker 4: Themselves i've read more About World War one And World war two and even they're going to war With france in eighteen seventy than most.
Speaker 2: People AND i.
Speaker 4: Still am not like worried that That germany has anything to do with Today's. Germany that doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: Exactly are The german people a little, militaristic a little willing to go along with authority when told to do horrific? Things, yes but now we can keep an eye on. Them it's a different. Era, well have you, know we'll have what do you call, it annual review meetings with You? Germany sit?
Speaker 2: Down? Anything would you like a bottle of? Water know you? Good, okay let's talk about whether you've Become nazis or not.
Speaker 4: Again so they add The German Defense minister on their sec deaf, basically and he pointed out several things that were. INTERESTING a reminder That germany is the number three economy in the, world Behind china And.
Speaker 2: Russia so they got.
Speaker 4: Money they're spending more than they have spent in a very very long, time, sorry in The United states And.
Speaker 2: China, YEAH i don't know why if They're russia in.
Speaker 4: There So germany is a big player, economically and they're donating more, money donating ending more money than they have in a very long time on re arming and training people, up and they're very very serious about. It AND i thought the little speech that the their second deaf gave at the end of sixty minutes last night about, how, hey if you like, freedom if you like getting to worship how you, want if you liked the ability to, organize and you want to keep, that.
Speaker 2: You need to be willing to defend.
Speaker 4: YOURSELF i love that sort of talk out of people on the right side of the, equation the correct side of the, EQUATION i, mean all.
Speaker 1: Right AND i liked how he directed some of his examples clearly to a lefty. Audience oh you want to and he wasn't, explicit but do you like gay? Rights you like to marry whoever you? Want where what you, want that sort of you'd better be ready to fight for.
Speaker 4: It, yeah so that's a big. DEAL i don't, know And i'm, completely honestly do not understand why this is only portrayed by like the En bremers of the world as a, negative that The United states Putting europe in a position where they have to defend. Themselves why is that only a, negative like we're. UNRELIABLE i don't want to be an unreliable. ALLY i get, though why that would be a, Negative but the whole, hey you're.
Speaker 2: Not even willing to defend, yourself why should we do? It seems reasonable to.
Speaker 1: Me, yeah, YEAH i think You're Ian's bremer might, say, well they're in the midst of a fight right.
Speaker 2: Now now is not the time to make a big you, know a good.
Speaker 4: Time it hasn't worked when they're not under, threat then they really don't.
Speaker 2: Care, yeah SO i don't understand.
Speaker 4: THAT i think it's a good thing That, germany for, instance, think you, know we better be able to defend. Ourselves we can't just count on The United states to defend.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, YEAH i think that's.
Speaker 1: GREAT i think some of the Things trump has said About ukraine And russia beyond it just, terrible beyond a. Doubt and that's kind of the other half of that. Sandwich that at a bittersweet international bloodshed.
Speaker 2: Sandwich but, yeah there's there's truth both, SIDES i. Guess but the best part Was.
Speaker 4: Germany not only just like you, know training up basically marines to crawl under barbed wire and shoot people like in kind of classic getting a military ready to.
Speaker 2: Go they're doing sort of our like like we do with our what is that.
Speaker 4: Secret thing where we'd invest money in crazy Stuff Dark, Darva Dark, Paw Dark.
Speaker 2: PAUL i, think, yeah, yeah where we do all the secret.
Speaker 4: Stuff they're working on cockroaches that were little backpacks and you can steer.
Speaker 2: Them they actually showed it On Sixty minutes last.
Speaker 4: Night they had the correspondent on there steering cockroaches. Around it's you use a little controller like you're driving a remote control.
Speaker 2: Car and you can drive the cockroach left or right or for or. Whatever it's got a little camera on its back or. Whatever the.
Speaker 1: Hell, WELL i think back to WHEN i was a little. KID i never Dreamed i'd live in a world where driveable camper. Cockroaches we're going to be part of my.
Speaker 2: Life remote control. Cockroaches, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah and they showed this promotional video of the company of what it would be like when they get the technology perfected and shrink down like the cameras and stuff like, that And i've got to admit it's you, know it's probably a precursor to like completely mechanical little bugs that'll fly around or crawl around or whatever and infiltrate anywhere you need. To but looked like a pretty decent avenue worth. Pursuing, Yeah i'd say. So.
Speaker 4: Well through, evolution cockroaches are like the greatest drone possibly ever imagined in terms of their ability to squeeze into little, cracks and it's very difficult to get rid of.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah, yeah they don't you, know they don't need a fancy diet, either, evidently.
Speaker 4: No, no, Yeah and so they steer in these little cockroaches around that they said could have cameras on them or listening devices or all kinds of different.
Speaker 2: Things what's war gonna look like?
Speaker 1: When because the current situation like In ukraine that everybody's talking, about including, us with rapidly developing drone and counter drone technologies changing the battlefield every couple of, months and we talked about THE us military just held a giant exercise doing experiments with that and trying to get familiar with it In, Hawaii Humid, Island, Pacific.
Speaker 2: China, anyway that's a preliminary.
Speaker 1: Step the next step is probably going to, be you, know controlling flocks of drones of various sizes and capabilities infiltrating. Everywhere they've talked about microdrones that can fly into people's young lungs and set off and. Explosives oh my, god exploding. Lungs, yeap, yeah my new heavy metal. Band, anyway what's warfare even gonna look? Like when there are uncountable numbers of that things being turned out a, factory those things turned out of factories and sent into the battlefield in incomprehensible.
Speaker 2: Numbers what we're gonna look Like.
Speaker 4: It'll be all about the building a what Does trump call, it golden, dome plutonium, dome whatever sort of dome you're gonna build over you that keeps that sort of thing from being able to get. IN i guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah but they'll like the microdrones the size of you, know particularly small fleas or.
Speaker 4: Whatever, well and then remote control. Cockroaches For god's, Sake god help. US i thought that was.
Speaker 2: An interesting thing they threw in.
Speaker 4: There it seemed like it should have been like a separate story from the importance of training up a new military to be prepared For putin's.
Speaker 2: Army and we got cockroaches you can steer with a.
Speaker 1: Joystick not everybody was as fixated as you are on, them ALTHOUGH i got a Picture i'm picturing walking into my kitchen in the middle of the, night flipping on the light and a bomb goes off BECAUSE i frightened the cockroaches that happen to be laden with.
Speaker 4: Bombs can we do a quick check in with our fundraiser for the trying to raise money For Scouting?
Speaker 1: America, yeah what's? Next gun wielding? Rats oh my? God huh think about. It oh my, God probably it's. Right so here's what we're. Doing my son joined The Boy. SCOUTS i was blown away by how great scouting is and what it does for young, people mostly boys girls can. Join most of my experiences seeing boys and just how much sure they, are and the leadership stuff they learned. Everything i'll be hearing more about that throughout the.
Speaker 4: Week so we're raising money basically so more kids can Join, scouting because it does cost a couple hundred bucks depending.
Speaker 2: On where you are to.
Speaker 4: Do everything you need to do to, join and we don't like the idea of anybody not being able to join because of the. Money so this is basically like raising money for, scholarships.
Speaker 1: Especially because it's the opposite of like slacker kids who are raised to hate their. Country oh, yeah, atriots, capable, smart, self.
Speaker 2: Relyon it's everything we.
Speaker 4: Preach, yeah The pledge Of allegiance and all that sort of. Stuff love that, well flag ceremony every week when they get.
Speaker 2: Together love. It looking through some of the people that have.
Speaker 4: Donated Trump fatigue donated fifty, Dollars thank you very. Much the Fabulous Katie, grimes one of our favorite journalists In, america donated fifty.
Speaker 2: Bucks thank, you, Kadanks. Katie that's really really Up.
Speaker 4: Democracy manifest fifty, bucks thank you very.
Speaker 1: MUCH i believe that is the third reference to that famous audio.
Speaker 2: Man no, kidding but, anyway all the, drums they're.
Speaker 4: Glad we're currently and we've only been doing this for two and a half, hours just under twenty one thousand dollars well.
Speaker 2: Done my friend's well.
Speaker 4: Done we'll wrap this up On, friday and our original goal is like fifty grand might get close to that today by the time all the podcast listening. HAPPENS i don't, know be interesting to. See it's a weird economy we're living in right. Now the, idea, though, is if you're going, OUT i, mean like if you went out to eat last, night you're going out to eat a lot and shopping and buying a lot of stuff or, this or planning. Trips throw a little money towards something like helping the youth Of america become our next. LEADERS i look around sometimes at the youth Of america AND i think this is going to be running the country When i'm.
Speaker 2: Old. YIPES i don't like.
Speaker 4: This, Well i'm around the. SCOUTS i have a much, up more optimistic. View so go To armstrong in geddy dot. Com DID i mention that this is how you donate? It armstrong and getty dot. Com we got a big donate. Button it'll take you. There it's super fast and, easy and do what you, can won't. You it's not a pleasant weekend news. WISE i didn't pay attention to the. NEWS i lived my life and my weekend was very very pleasant with lots Of Christmas e stuff and family stuff and this and. That but if you just followed the news, headlines.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: Stuff, yeah my real life is definitely much more cheery than the news.
Speaker 2: Headlines, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Hear about The chinese oligarchs who are having dozens and dozens of A american babies to build some sort of weird child.
Speaker 2: Army, no we do.
Speaker 4: Anything The chinese don't have scrolls with saddles on, them do? They what's nut? Yet god dang. It we will finish strong next.
Speaker 8: Armstrong we had an attack In syria and we had three great patriots terminated by bad people and not The syrian.
Speaker 2: Government there was.
Speaker 8: Isis syrian government foot by our. Side the new president fought by our.
Speaker 2: Side BUT i just.
Speaker 8: Want to pay my respects to the.
Speaker 9: FAMILIES i can tell you In syria there will be a lot of damage done to the people that did. It they got the, person the individual, person but there'll be big damage.
Speaker 4: Done trump promising a strong response to isis killing Three americans over the weekend in an, attack and, man you join The National guard In, iowa do you expect to die In syria at the hands isis no man back in the. Day, now this is Pre Gulf war, two maybe Even Gulf War. One when did we start having The National guard like really? FIGHT i, mean prior to, that The National guard was all you. Know the joke, was you joined The National guard and clean up state parks or. Whatever now you're in Freaking syria as An Iowa national guardsman getting killed BY.
Speaker 2: ISIS i had no idea of.
Speaker 4: This for, instance about eighteen Hundred Iowa Army National guard troops are deployed in The Middle east as of last, month just From. Iowa roughly two hundred and fifty The iowa troops are In, syria part of a total of about a Thousand american troops in that. Country what are we doing with guards people In?
Speaker 1: SYRIA i, Know i've wondered that for a long. Time it's not Like i'm some sort of military insider that understands why that is helpful or.
Speaker 2: Necessary but that shocked me from the.
Speaker 1: Beginning i've never thought of The National guard as a force that goes to fight foreign.
Speaker 4: Moors maybe there's a good, explanation, Man we ought to talk To mikliness about. It but you, Know we've got pretty good recruitment numbers over the last year joining the, army in the military and everything like. That we don't have people that joined the army that would be doing that role as opposed to.
Speaker 2: Guardsmen rightly surprised by, That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, YEAH i would, agree AND i would Assume trump is going to retaliate with a fairly strong response to isis.
Speaker 1: Right one of the THINGS i most appreciate about The Trump act is he he'll whoop a little, ass which is. Good, hey speaking of warfare and some of the unforeseen, CONSEQUENCES i don't know if you follow in This thailand and In, cambodia are are trying to kill each?
Speaker 2: Other?
Speaker 1: Now didn't know that they had a violent border. Dispute trump stepped in ceasefire lasted for a.
Speaker 4: While that's one of the conflicts that he, solved, Right, yeah at least.
Speaker 2: Temporarily.
Speaker 1: Well several of the buildings hit by The thai military over the past week had been these casinos that also were camps for scores of trafficked workers being forced to Scam americans and other foreigners. Online so there are these giant quasi legal casino slash online scammer slave plantation.
Speaker 4: Traffic so instead of being trafficked for, sex you're trafficked for sending me bogus emails trying to get me to click on them while you're saying.
Speaker 2: The russian lover for. You perhaps online.
Speaker 4: You're a slave, basically but your job is not picking cotton but sending out bogus phishing. Emails, yeah, YEAH i thought computers mostly did.
Speaker 2: That now are These i'd assume that.
Speaker 1: Too WITH ai and, everything you'd think you could come up with a pretty handy. PROGRAM i, mean, heck you go to a store online and the not very GOOD ai tries to answer your questions for. You you'd think you could just refashion one of those TO i don't, know convince an old rich guy that you're a large Breasted ukrainian girl who's just looking for a.
Speaker 4: MAN i keep trying to get scammers to admit to me that they're scammers and talk to them about, it BUT i haven't had any. LUCK i did that again over the weekend with some. SCAMMER i had been back and forthing with a little bit through, email AND i finally, Said, OKAY i know this is a. Scam i've just been trying to figure out your. Grift why don't you let me? Know, like what are you trying to? DO i don't have any way to track you down or catch. You i'm just interested what.
Speaker 2: You're trying to?
Speaker 4: Do how often are you? Successful but nobody ever? Responds why would they?
Speaker 2: Nope because they'd probably get beaten for? It, Strong.
Speaker 1: I'm?
Speaker 4: Strong get ready With Katie green and, yeah here's your host for final, Thoughts Joe.
Speaker 2: Getty welcome.
Speaker 1: Everybody let's get final thoughts from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the. Day there he is pressing the, button so you will lead the. Way Michael, answola what's your final? Talk?
Speaker 7: Ladies if you want a man that can build a good, fire put up a.
Speaker 5: Tent you got to marry a former, scout so donate To Scouting.
Speaker 1: America, yeah otherwise you're gonna Do you're under a saggy.
Speaker 2: Tent your man's. Crying you deal with. It you don't want. That Katie green are esteemed to use woman as a final, Thought.
Speaker 4: Katie if you ever get a text message from someone calling you by the wrong name asking you if you're going to be, somewhere, like, Hey, lisa are you still?
Speaker 1: Coming to.
Speaker 4: Dinner it's a scammer AND i had a blast.
Speaker 2: With one of those this. Week you gotta tell us that story, Later, okay, okay cool.
Speaker 4: Jack final thought for, Us, YEAH I, mike kryptonite might Be christmas, cookies The christmas sugar. Cookie, man it just seems like there's no, limit HOMMINY i can eat.
Speaker 2: Like my hunger for them is can't be the sainted and they're obviously horrible for.
Speaker 1: You my final thought is tomorrow's, show great, blockbuster gender, Bending madness update The One More thing Podcast today unbelievable story About chinese baby farms in The United states where rich communists are breeding dozens Of american.
Speaker 2: Babies take them back To. China i'm not making this sss.
Speaker 4: Up i'm strong In getty wrapping up another grueling four hour Worthday South.
Speaker 1: Rageous go to armstrong in geddy dot, com pick up some, swag drop us a oatbail bag at armstrung getty dot. Com donate now to support, scouting, patriotism self.
Speaker 2: Reliance they're teaching everything we.
Speaker 4: Value it's the butter cream frosting on The christmas.
Speaker 2: Cookie you got that? Right oh My, god see. Tomorrow god Bliss I'm strong And.
Speaker 10: Getty what we are really creating here In Scouting america is a laboratory of. Learning you learn from the, process you learn from being experiencing the model that we're trying to, create which, is let's create an environment with which you need to make decisions and you have to take care of. Others what we teach At Boy Scouts america is exactly what you learn when you go get AN. Mba so take a. Pick got to learn the same things and scouting that you would getting a higher.
Speaker 2: Education armstrong And getty