Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NFL season it's going strong and Draftking Sportsbook hooking new customers up with an offer even stronger. Bet five bucks that's it on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly, instantly in bonus bets. How easy is that? And DraftKings isn't stopping there? All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game this October. Get in on the action, get in on the game day greatness. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook at now. The code is Colin COLN. New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you just bet five bucks on the National Football League.
Speaker 1: That easy?
Speaker 2: That's the code column co l i N only on Draft King Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why or text hope and why to four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help us available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas. Licensee partner Golden Nugget like Charles and Louisiana twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, Hi, everybody, Raiders, hold on to beat the Packers in Las Vegas seventeen to thirteen before I get to tie dun Tyler Dunn at golongtv dot com and covering the Packers for a long time previously at the Milwaukee Journal, now has his own business. You know, I had a couple of observations. You know, I watched Matt Lafleur, the coach of the Packers. You know, I watch him on the sidelines watching Jordan Love, and it really hit me tonight. He looks like coach of the Packers looks like as he watches his young quarterback play. He looks like I did when my kids would pull out of the driveway right after they got their license. I was optimistic, but wasn't going to be surprised if something really bad happened, like a wreck. He doesn't call a game like he has a ton of confidence in Jordan love.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: He's not tier one guy. He's not going to be Trevor Lawrence, Herbert Mahomes, Burrow, Jalen Hurts. He's not get that out of there? Can he be a tier two guy? A Derek Carr, Dak Cousins. I think it's fifty to fifty take out that Bears game, and even in that game it was it was pretty choppy for one half. I don't see a lot of special. A very good source close to the Packers, who is very connected to many Green Bay Packer players, had told me he didn't see a lot of juice, a lot of special. You know, if he's a tier two guy, if he's Derek Carr, he's garoppolo. You who win playoff games surrounded by the right people, You're not going to carry a franchise. That's not the kind of talent he is. He wasn't that in high school. He wasn't that in college. I don't think after three years sitting behind Aaron Rodgers, now playing in his fourth year. I don't think he's that kind of talent. You know, he's got the size and he moves well. I don't think he makes great decisions so far. His last interception. Two of his interceptions were really bad. I'll give him a little bit of a break at the end of the game because you're trying to you're trying to make a play downfield. But the truth is, had the Raiders gone for it on fourth and one and sealed it up, he wouldn't have gotten the ball back. But there's not a lot to look at for me, you know again, Romeo Dobbs had a drop on that final drive. Unfortunate, but give me a break. Lamar Jackson, you know yesterday had a couple of drops in the end zone by his receivers. First couple of weeks. Trevor Lawrence Jags drop six seven balls per game. Mahomes gets balls drop too. You got to bake that in, right, You got to bake in a few holding calls every game, bake in a few drop passes. That's the reality of NFL football my entire life.
Speaker 1: So I listen.
Speaker 2: It's not like he doesn't have the physical ability. He's not mac Jones. He's not smaller than you'd like and immobile. He moves the ball comes off pretty quickly. His accuracy is so so, it's not great. It's so so, but not terrible. He doesn't look overwhelmed. At times, he looks a little uncertain and again, so much of what is attractive about brock Purdy is his decision making. Gets rid of it quick to the right spot. Tua gets rid of it quick to the right spot. You know tonight a Raiders team that doesn't create turnovers got three picks. Not great. So the wise guys like the Raiders. I like Green Bay. So did JMC and we were wrong. Let's bring in Ty Dunn at golongtv dot com. He's got thoughts, live in Buffalo. He wrote a piece this morning on the Bills, Jags and the Steeters win, so he'll talk about that as well. Let's bring him in for a limited time. Verizon customers can get Netflix and NFL Plus for just twenty five dollars a month. It's called plus Play. That's one hundred and twenty bucks an annual savings. Plus Play is a platform where Verizon customers can shop manage and save on the subscriptions that you already love right like Netflix and NFL Plus. With NFL Plus Premium, you get access to live games on mobile, My Faith, NFL Red Zone, NFL Network, and more. Just go to Verizon dot Com Slash Plus Play Verizon dot Com Slash Plus Play to save on Netflix and NFL Plus today for a limited time only. Now, limited time only, Tyler, I think one of the things I wrote down tonight that concern me with Aaron Jones out and not having a ton of success running the ball. At the end of the third quarter, Jordan Love only had fifteen attempts and nine completions. Garoppolo had eighteen completions on twenty seven throws. Telling me Josh McDaniels had more confidence in his quarterback than Matt Lafleur had in his That's what worries me.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I'd be okay with fifteen throws of Aaron's healthy and Dylan's rolling downhill. But it does look like that they're calling a pretty conservative game with him.
Speaker 1: Is that fair? I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like the finally took shots. I think Christian Watson had like two targets. Middle of the fourth quarter or something like that. Yeah, I said this.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of one of my kids pulled out of the driveway when they first got their license. Like, I was hopeful, but if something bad happened, I wouldn't be shocked. Matt Lafleur looks almost uncertain and kind of tentative with him again. Fifteen pass attempts, nine completions at the end of the third Listen, two of the picks were bad, the deep ball. He's trying to make something happen. I don't want to be impatient. But one of the things, and it's such a crucial part of playing quarterback, is just quick, decisive decision making. C J. Stroud has been really good, really quickly, and c J. Stroud Game one got Baltimore, I mean really quick, see it, let it rip, and the seeing it part. Justin Fields has struggled, Zach Wilson has struggled.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud hasn't. Jordan Love feels like a little bit struggling. I can't explain it. Some guys see the field, some guys don't see. J. Stroud's almost been remarkable in his ability. I he got not much in camp Baltimore Ravens opener, defensive coach, first time play caller. Get it done, kid, and you can see he sees the field when you talk to you know, packers and sometimes anonymously. Is what you're seeing surprising or is this kind of what you were told?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that they knew. I think they knew there'd be growing pains, but didn't It just seem so disjointed everything like the first first second drive, Like Matt Laflora is chewing out Luke Musgrave. You don't have Aaron Jones, which that changes a lot. He's your best player. David Baktiari, he's done. Romeo Dobbs was invisible for a stretch. Christian Watson had two targets in the middle of the fourth quarter. There's drop even if you look at those two deep shots too. The one deep shot to Christian Watson, it looked like Watson might have timed it off a little bit, but it hit his fingertips. Love throws it from his twenty to the other twenty, and then he just flat out miss Watson on another deep deep shot. So when you're to your point, when you're not just hitting receivers in rhythm of the offense and spitting the ball out.
Speaker 1: You've got to be relying on those big plays.
Speaker 4: So it's a pretty bad mix when you when you can't get in a rhythm and you're not seeing it quickly and you're not hitting those big plays, just as like a mess of a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the one thing I've I said last week on FS one or two weeks ago. The disturbing thing is because he hasn't played much, it feels like it takes him a while to get in rhythm. And you know, some guys are ready to go. Some quarterbacks are very good, rock pretty very good out of the shoot, and other quarterbacks guys that are not as active, they just they don't Like I feel like Jordan's like he like starts a basketball game, and it just he needed to be on the stationary bike, like he needs to be ready to go, and he's out of rhythm, which means he lacks a certain confidence. The other thing that's a little disturbing is when you have an offensive coach, generally speaking, it's an advantage to have extra time. So they didn't play last Thursday, so they had extra time. So by the way, Detroit had extra time and played yesterday and how good did their offense look? It was tricks, it was deception, it was physicality. So the Lions and Ben Johnson with extra time, it was a master's class. The Packers had an extra day. They go from a Thursday to a Monday and completely disjointed. And Tyler with an offensive coach, now it's different. Defensive coaches tend to be more motivators. It's about blowing stuff up. You know, your Tomlins, your Sean McDermott's. Extra time may not be as crucial, but for offensive coaches. Andy Reid in September, like, I got extra time in a Monday, and that's it against the Raider team that had struggled to take the ball away.
Speaker 1: Like this is the first time.
Speaker 2: If you're a Packer fan, you kind of come out and you say this ain't great, right, Like it's not good.
Speaker 4: You know you've got a plotting AJ Dillon giving you three yards and a cloud of dust. Your top receiver didn't start the season.
Speaker 1: You're still without Aaron Jones.
Speaker 4: Here, it's on the coach to your point to scheme some stuff up and you see it like, I don't want to sit here and make excuses I mean every team to some extent is dealing with injuries to the offensive line, to their skill position players. We look at the Houston Texans, I mean they're down four starters on the offensive line. But with Bobby Slowick, you know, a Green Bay native himself at offensive coordinator, He's plucked from the Shanahan tree. I mean, everything is in rhythm and CJ. Stroud is seeing it. It's first read, second read, balls out. I don't know what the problem is. I mean it's probably a combination of Lafleur and the game plan being pretty uninspiring. You've got to just get the ball to a six ' four fast dude like Christian Watson on a wide receiver screen. Just just give Jordan Love an easy completion, get that body that can move fast rolling downhill. There was none of that. But Love has to see them feel better too, you know. I think he'll get it. I think with reps, with starts, with time, this stuff can be learned. Because we have seen the Josh Allens and the Jalen hurts Is prove accuracy start to see the field better with their private quarterback coaches in the offseason, with their NFL coaches during the season.
Speaker 1: It does take time for some guys.
Speaker 4: But we have seen that play that you kind of referenced earlier, where it's like there's a slant, it's open. Jordan Love seems to be looking at it, but he's just not hitting it. He's holding the ball, he's getting sacked. He's trying to make something happen. Steve Calhoun is his private quarterbacks coach since eighth grade. We had him on our podcast to go along and I asked him about that play. It was the same thing against Detroit last week, and we saw it against the Vegas Raiders here tonight and he said, you know, Jordan Love, he's got so much processing and said, pre snap, he's thinking so much through that.
Speaker 1: I think he thinks that he's forgetting.
Speaker 4: Okay, post snap, that play that you think is guaranteed to be covered, that isn't going to be there. Everything can change in a flash and it might be right there and just take your layup. Maybe with more reps, more starts, he starts to make the easy play because they're there.
Speaker 1: I mean they are there for the pickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's listening. Garoppolo is now forty two and nineteen is a starter and when I watched tonight, one of the notes I wrote down was for all the limitations of Garoppolo athletically, and he doesn't throw a great deep ball. Garoppolo very confidently and quickly lets it rip, and he'll throw that ball right on a line, right into traffic. He had a couple of big throws tonight. He's forty two and nineteen. And with Jordan, what I see is uncertainty, is he's not quite sure. His accuracy's hit and miss, mostly hit. A couple of misses tonight. But I guess I guess my takeaway right now. I said, because he sat for three years, I'm not giving him two years. I'm gonna wait until Thanksgiving. I'll have kind of a feel. He's clearly not a Tier one guy. Can he be a Derek Carr, a Tua? Can he be a Dak of Cousins. I'm fifty to fifty on it. I think physically he's got the tools, but so much of this sport is just seeing process. I watched Zach Wilson, you know, his last couple of starts, it's kind of hopeful, But for two years, I swear he just couldn't see the field. He just opened stuff, couldn't see it. So you cross your fingers. Jordan Love Packers lose seventeen thirteen. Okay, so you also you're in Buffalo. You wrote a piece on the Bill's Jags, and it's interesting because you cover the Steeters defensive culture, defensive coach, and the Bills similarly. And I've come to terms with what Buffalo is. So defensive teams and defensive cultures tend to be teams that are very emotional. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Seattle. You don't get quite the consistency of game plans. I kind of feel like the Rams offense when Joe Burrow's healthy Kansas City, I kind of get the same thing. It's an offensive coach, it's choreographed. When I watch these defensive teams, and Buffalo and Pittsburgh come to mind, it just depends on the Sunday. Pittsburgh has been awful or very good, Buffalo's been tremendous or a mess. And I almost think that now is Buffalo's brand is that it's I always said they have the Tyson quality. If they're fighting downhill, if they make the guy wobble early, it's over. They have got an ability to bury you, but Buffalo from behind. Josh Allen struggles it's overseas, they're out of sync, Like it just had a feel the whole game had to feel like we're just we want to be home.
Speaker 1: This isn't this doesn't feel. I mean that's how it felt for me.
Speaker 2: You covered it your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he spent a lot of time over the off season planning out this trip right, consulting with the sports science experts and how does the body clock work? How are you going to adjust to London time? And I believe they flew out Thursday night and woke up for a Friday practice and they looked like a team sleepwalking on Sunday. I mean they look like a team that was completely jet lagged, that wasn't ready, like the Jacksonville Jaguars were a team that was there right the game before and has been playing out there for twelve thirteen years.
Speaker 1: So that's a factor, but it's also an.
Speaker 4: Excuse like they they've got to win that game and there's enough blame to go around. We're going to see how much metal Sean McDermott really has as a defensive mind. When you don't have Tradavius White. You don't have Matt Mulano. I think, next to Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs, Milano has been the most indispensable player on that roster, just every bit worthy of that first team All Pro last season.
Speaker 1: But people here in Western New York have been praising Sean McDermott for.
Speaker 4: Nature and oh Leslie Fraser was too passive and you know he was sitting DB's back. Well, if you think that Sean McDermott didn't have anything to do with the defense the last seven years, well there's some real estate for you and Antart to get to buy. He did. But that was the change. He's more aggressive. What happened at the end of that game. Trevor Lawrence sees that Micah Hyde, an aging safety, is one on one with Kelvin Ridley, and the slot just gives them a signal, sends them up the sideline, burns them thirty one thirty two yards game over. So that aggressiveness, it can be a good thing, but against these elite quarterbacks, it can come back to bite yet and it did in that game. So now McDermott doesn't have some studs on defense, They've got no running game. They had like what fifteen yards rushing from their running backs?
Speaker 1: Non existent?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is six years now of no running game. Like at some point this is again McVeigh, Shanahan, Mike McDaniel offensive coaches. They don't go six years without a run game, right, Like, I mean, Pittsburgh, how many years no run game?
Speaker 1: Buffalo?
Speaker 2: How many years no run game? By the way, Dante Scarnika left for New England. Now Bill Belichick, they've got no run game, Like I think it's this is not I don't believe in coincidence the top rated old lines in the NFL or virtually all offensive coaches, and I want to pivot to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is three and two, which is they feel one in four, like the fan base is unhappy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that really jumps out to me. I was told for years they didn't like drafting University of Pittsburgh kids because if they didn't make it, they'd have to get rid of them. And they share facility, right Pittsburgh. The Roonies are just embedded in that community, and they didn't want to draft Pittsburgh kids and cut them or trade them. They're going to keep Kenny Pickett around for years. They're not going to bail on Kenny Pickett, a first round quarterback. They're not going to do it to that kid. And I got to tell you, Ty, I don't see it. I just don't see it. I think I think there was an era where you could play great defense and hit one or two big throws over the top. I just don't think this is the era. I think that that's a nine win team. Let's be honest. Their defense will win eight games. It will overwhelm bad quarterbacks right Like, It's just it's like San Francisco. It's just gonna overwhelm Josh Dops. So just some guys just you have to be special. I mean, Dak got overwhelmed yesterday by the Niners defense. So Pittsburgh's gonna have a winning record. But I mean, you cover this team, you know the personnel, Like in the building, do you think they think Kenny Pickett's the guy? Six years, no run game.
Speaker 1: I kind of love Kenny Pickett. I think there's something to.
Speaker 4: A quarterback who just when everything's on the line, steps up to that moment, like wants that moment even if everything was going wrong in that Baltimore game, everything was going wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Fire Canada chance were so loud.
Speaker 4: Somebody in the stadium put this out there on X that the team pivoted to like a military tribute, almost to just try to shut everybody. It was that bad and justifiably so. I mean, they just can't really function on offense for stretches, and Kenny Pickett looked bad. You know, Aaron Throws not really finding George Pickens, who's a freak, But give him this when he had an opportunity late and he did it at Pitt time and time again. He had an opportunity similar to Trevor Lawrence when he spotted Micah Hyde one on one Calvin Ridley. They see Marlin Humphrey one on one over George Pickens. The Ravens are expecting them just to try to inch their way in the field goal range. Gives them the audible, sends them deep delivers. So I feel like there's quarterbacks who have that, and there's quarterbacks who shrivel in that moment. Those primetime records for the Kirk Cousins and the Daniel Jones, I think there's something to that. So some quarterbacks they want that moment, and some just.
Speaker 1: Don't or they don't play well in that moment.
Speaker 4: Being around ken people close to him, he genuinely wants it, and I think he does have the ability to raise his own ceiling. I was it's the play calling going to get in his way, the play design going to get in his way. My God, get the ball to Jalen Warren. I don't know, yes, why he hasn't featured more often. So there are they've got to buy a week. It comes at a good time. They're in first place. I'm a Mike Tomlin apologist. I just feel like what he has built there, it weeds out the week.
Speaker 1: It's true attrition.
Speaker 4: They've got players built for December that they could be three and seven, four, that they're going to find a way to get to five hundred. To your point, can they be more than that? Can they be more than an eight win team? A nine win team? I think that the Pickett Pickens connection alone can get you there.
Speaker 2: I think this could be special. One more thing I want to address. You do a podcast with Brett farre and you're you had a conversation about Brock Purdy. Now, I mean, nobody would deny that Kyle Shanahan, and those weapons are a humongous advantage. I mean, be honest, if Dak was on the Niners with Dak's contract, you couldn't have afforded Christian McCaffrey or Fred Warner or probably one of your pass rushers. It would not be the same team. What makes this truly special is you can miss on a tray Lance because when you hit on the last guy in the draft, mister irrelevant or not, he's a free quarterback for four years. He's literally free. And so you have two Pro Bowl linebackers, and I mean it's incredible. Brandon Ayuk has become a one. So it's a Yuk de Boat Kittle Christian. It's insane. So I have I have whereas Dak Prescott. I've seen him with a great O line, a deteriorating O line. I've seen him with Zeke and now just Tony Pollard. I've seen him with a Maury and Gallop uh, and now I've seen him with CD Lamb. I've seen him, uh, you know, a Dak with a Dalton Schultz and cde lamp and now I just see him with Ceede Lamb. Who can you can roll the coverage over there's I don't think it's a great supporting cast. I think they're we get tight end. I think they're okay at running back. The online is good, it's not special. But with brock Purty, I've only seen him with a great coach and great weapons. My guess is he's a good quarterback. He's in the B class, maybe a B minus I have. But Farv, I mean, what's what's what does he say? What does he see?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he loves brock Purty, and he brought up a conversation. He talks to Ron Wolf about twice a month still obviously the Hall of Fame general manager who traded for Brett Farv when everybody thought he was nuts stuff the packers were giving up for shrub pickups and his way out of Atlanta, and Bret Brett told some stories from those days too. It was it was rough. I mean, he knows he could have been. It never was with how he was living. But Ron Wolf traded for Brett Farv and you know he far failed as physical. They told him like but this condition he had that he'll be out of the league in three years, and Rod Wolf didn't care. He traded for him. Wanted him because he just saw an it factor to him. He really was a winner. He knew guys would rally around him, want to play for him, want to fight for him. And watching Brock Purty, Brett Brett sees that the same kind of stuff that guys just they elevate their play for him. And it's always hard to put your finger on it because it can sound cliche and corny, but it matters in pro football. I mean, there are quarterbacks and Brett's has said this too in the NFL when he played, and today, guys don't want to run through a wall for you. I mean they might say nice things about you in the press, but when it's the fourth quarter and they don't, they don't give that little extra, is the way Brett put it. He thinks those forty nine ers are giving a little something extra for Brock Party. And didn't you see that right away in that Miami game. I mean when he took over for Garoppolo and they're playing Mike McDaniels offense and they got to have it. Boy, everybody just elevated their play for this guy. And he can hit everythrow. I mean, Kyle Shanahan is telling him exactly where to throw the ball before the play. He's making the throws and there is a skill like what he lacks in size and athleticism and arm strength and all of that, similar to Tua. You know, he just places that ball in stride to these receivers. They don't they don't break strider. It's like handing up Aton in a four by one. They just keep moving. And as long as he's doing that in this NFC, why can't it win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Well, the other advantage is he was a multiple year starter in high school, a four year starter in college. He's got seven eight years of starting, right, that's a lot of snaps. I mean, Kyler Murray comes out one big year. A lot of these guys, you know, that's Kenny pickett advantage. He played in the same stadium he started for years, so you know, generally the feeling is if you're great, you come out early. I didn't think. I mean one GM told me Kenny Picketty he felt like he was a top of the third quarterback. But Kenny had so many reps. He got the advantage of a great culture, the Steelers, same stadium, just the other side of the locker room. And so I think Kenny Pickett feels fairly comfortable. And when I watch Brock Purdy, that's the word I would use. He feels comfortable. He's taken a ton of snaps. I mean, god, I felt bad for Trey Lance. Trey Lance barely played in college, then the COVID year, then he gets hurt. I mean, the guy barely took snaps in a three year period. It's like Jordan Love. Now, I don't see a lot of special I was told during camp by somebody who I trust that he was fine. There wasn't There wasn't a lot of wow there. That's kind of what I see. But let's be honest, Like Trey Lance and Jordan Love just haven't played games. And so I do feel like as we pivot back to Jordan Love and wrap it up, I just I just want to see. I said, give me about ten games, give me the thanksgiving. The physical parts are there, that's the good.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: I watched Mac Jones like he's slow, he doesn't already have a second gear. He's not a power thrower. Like with Mac. It's like white Flag, like it just feels like it's over. Zach Wilson. I don't think he sees the field particularly well. He even though he's only he's six to two, he feels small, plays hero ball. I don't think any of that stuff with Jordan Love. I just think he's I think it Takeshi a long time to get into rhythm.
Speaker 1: That's what I see. I totally agree. I mean he can do the arm angle stuff.
Speaker 4: Like the play before one of the interceptions, he kind of side arms it to Muskgrave and it's just so up and down. The very next play the Raiders go to quarter coverage, Marcus Peters just sits on the route and Love throws it into traffic.
Speaker 1: It's tipped, it's picked. And even that last.
Speaker 4: Drive and we look at the last three plays, puts it on Romeo Dobbs drop and gets rushed to me to the end third and ten roles left. Probably could have ran for the first down, but the game just ended. But that's how I'm remembering it. And Force is a throat to the end zone. It's just this is the kind of stuff you learn with with more action. He hasn't played for three years, right, you can simulate as much as you can with the Steve Calhoun in California offseason, offseason, offseason, do the same thing with Matt Lafleur and go to OTA's when Aaron Rodgers isn't there. You can do all that stuff, but there's no substitute for the live bullets. He's getting it and it's it's gonna be fun. I think Green Bay is just frustrating for Matt Lafleur to not have Aaron Jones, and now they not have David Baktiari. They're clearly hindered around Jordan Love. But like I said, it's no excuse you. You've got to find a way to function and excel and make the plays in the fourth quarter. I do think that Jordan Love will make enough plays in those fourth quarters to give you that hope and Thanksgiving right. I think he'll have these moments like you had in that fourth quarter against the Saints that suggest he's got the mental toughness. He's got that stuff that you can't learn and you can't teach, and they can kind of work around that over time.
Speaker 2: So okay, here they go. So it's Broncos on the road, winnable game, Vikings at home, Rams at home, Steelers on the road. Those are winnable games. You face Kenny Pickett, you get Matt Stafford in a young Rams defense at home, Kirk Cousins at home, now a mess in Denver on the road. So I mean, listen the schedule, it's not daunting. There's some young quarterbacks, young teams, Rams teams struggling Broncos. This is the time you would hope tonight with extra time. This felt like a w to me, So it's really discouraging. You don't beat a Raider franchise. That's always one second from turbulence and chaos. But that's where we stand. I think. I guess my takeaway on tonight is I still don't know. I thought it was a game on the schedule you should win coming off the Thursday game. Watching Detroit off a Thursday be so fluid, watching a Packer so disjointed, That to me feels discouraging.
Speaker 1: Especially when Josh McDaniels is doing everything in his power to hands you a game on a silver platter.
Speaker 4: Just go for it. Fourth and short, Just go for it. Why are you kicking that field goal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 2: Analytics said go for it. And the other thing I thought about is again it almost it was almost Josh McDaniels saying Max Crosby's getting great pressure and I don't think Jordan Love can beat us. That's what it said to me. You don't do it with Herbert Lawrence Mahomes. You don't. But my takeaway was he was, Hey, if we missed the field goal, Crosby's getting pressure. Jordan Love, he doesn't have a lot of experience on the road, late game, driving for a touchdown. I think I think you make decisions in those situations a lot of times based on who's the quarterback. And that's kind of what it felt like to me. He's like, I don't think Jordan Love can beat me. Two picks, you know, two.
Speaker 1: Picks, arguing with that because he had the results.
Speaker 2: Yep. All right, Ty, good seeing you as always. I want to give you a pump up again. Golong tv dot com. His newsletter golong td dot com has the podcast with Brett Farbus Weld as always, it's great, sen you.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, Colin. I always love chadding you bet
Speaker 2: The volume