Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test her off to all the electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot Com slash EV two see offers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros MLB. This is leading off Lives, the Joey P joe P Zapia and with me, of course is the Welsh and it's all of you hanging out here, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks talking baseball. We've got another injury in the Phillies rotation we're gonna get to today. Yikes, that's not good. And of course it wouldn't be a baseball season without a Corey Seeger injury. But Welsh, I think we got to start at the top, which is the Padres, Michael Calli's padres, the class of baseball at the tippy top of the West. And Nick Pavetta argue the best guy in the rotation? Are we in the upside down?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean Michael King is still there. But to your point, well, you know, actually more to your credit, Nick Pivetta, I looked at some of the early CYM stuff that's going out there. Nick Pavetta is in that top three I think for Siung Awards in the NL still crazy crazy early, but total total benefit later in fantasy drafts that you got big strikeouts, ERA is super low, expected ERA is under three. He looks phenomenal. What good one two punch of Michael King and him and Paveta. It's kind of a question though, is Pavetta is in that trade market? He falls under the lines for me of one of those dudes, It's like, what would you get that's worth trading him instead of holding on? So, I don't know where do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's Rick Porcello. I don't think we're there. So Rick Porcello was had a lot of issues, the low K rate, all of those things. Actually, Walsh, I'm looking on FANDLE right now and Paveta is plus thirty four hundred for NLCIM So.
Speaker 3: I just saw, you know what it was. I don't think it was the betting market. I think it was like the actual market of early cy young favorites, and Nick Pavetta is in that like top five in the NL right now, which is very skew. You know, that whole market is shute when you look at real baseball. But Paveta, I think it's a long run. I'm personally probably not betting it, but from a fantasy perspective, he's great. So, like I said, what's the where are you at on that? Do you think the juice is worth the squeeze or you just hold for Paveta?
Speaker 2: Look, is he going to have a one to two zero era the rest of season? Probably not. He gave up just a pair of singles over seven innings. Shutout innings by the way against the Tigers, He's four and one. Strikeout rate's been good. Everything's been great for Paveta. I think this is one of those instances where you drafted him late. He is such a win for you. You just ride the wave because probably nobody's going to overpay, nobody's going to give crazy value to you. So he's most valuable to the team that took a shot on him late. And now it's it's something where we might look back and say, Nick that it could be a league winner. Also, the League winner. Whoever is our one hundredth sub today, because we are very close to number one hundred, so now is the time subscribe. We just need one more. We're here on twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros every single day, Monday through Friday. At noon today you get bonus on our YouTube channel. We're going to be live there too for the Q and A taking your questions at four pm Eastern. So if you don't have a question answered today, don't worry. You got a second chance on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. We're trying to get to thirty thousand subs on there, and of course we're trying to get to you know, someday be the biggest YouTube channel in the history of baseball. And I think we can do it. I think we've got the team to do it. Here, let's talk about some bounce back, some guys that are showing some signs of life and patients might just be rewarded. Dylan CRU's third home run on Tuesday off Dean Kremer, because well, the Orioles pitching staff sucks. Now, we still hitting a buck ninety eight. But if you look at the savon page, Welsh too eighty seven expected batting average a four to ninety five expected slug. I know some of these numbers came recently. He started to uptick against the Rockies. But still it looks like a good upward trajectory for Dylan Cruz right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think actually you might have undersold him a little bit. So two eighty five expected batting average unless you said that and I just misheard it.
Speaker 2: But five I said to eighty seven, So oh did jockey.
Speaker 3: I'm well, I've just told him. Yeah, yeah, I'm picking then a little bit. But yeah, great barrel percentage. He's hitting the ball harder than.
Speaker 2: He did last. Tony, hold on, hold on number one hundred. We got it, Stony, way to go, Thanks Tony. There you go go ahead. Now you can talk about Dylan Cruz.
Speaker 3: Our boy Stony in there and then our boy leafer giving out leaf for the leader of the packing gifted sub shout out to you guys for doing that hitting one hundred. Bam bam, thank you. Getting back to whoever. Oh yeah, Dylan Cruz, great barrel, hitting the ball hard. Expected batting average is way up. He's lowered the strikeout rate, which was key. All this is just coming back to is like a testament to rookies and how long they can sometimes take. It's also investment stuff, you know, like we got to the point a week ago where it's like a ten man league, maybe you could move off, but it's like the talent kind of battles through and he's going to get those leadoff opportunities. It would be really we're seeing the stolen bases go up. It's going to be nice if that continues to go. We're kind of back into that draft capital where I was putting him on that pedestal of like, hey, listen, you got to draft him. He's a great outfielder three or four. But you got to have some patience with your fantasy players, or you've got to figure out how you can do roster construction where if you invested a top one hundred ish pick on a player, that you can give them roughly three weeks. And that's what you needed to do with Dylan Cruz if you you can. I think ten man leagues are the ones that probably would have kind of suffered from it at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you say the ten man because okay, in our fantasy pros ten man league, ten person league, because we've got our female employees in there as well. Ten person league. We have Dylan Cruz on the waiver wire and gets to pick him up this morning. This guy, oh, he was available, He was available in the waiver wire, and I said, you know what, let's pick up Dylan Cruz and see where it goes from here. So in those shallower leagues, guys might be available. Also. Tristan Cassas, he had a good day yesterday, three run homer for him against the Mariners. Gotta love those Mariners. One of the Mariners ever are gonna be consistently good. I feel bad for the Mariner fans. I feel like they've been teased over the years with these little sporadic moments where it's like, Okay, maybe the Mariners can do it. Maybe this is the year. I don't know, man, it's tough to be a Mariner fan. A Tanner Biby held the Yankees down to two runs over six innings. Now, yesterday we're talking about being afraid to start him. If you started him, you got rewarded the fastball.
Speaker 3: You were afraid to start him.
Speaker 2: I was afraid. I was. I was terrified at first. I was afraid. I was. I was petrified, but you had your tander Biby, Yeah, I did. I had you by my side. So it worked out Fastball mile per hour was up though ninety five point five. I was up by almost a full mile per hour. That's also a good sign for Bibby. So you're buying in now that people can stop panicking about Tanner Bobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the panic like still exists, but it was a really good performance. He's giving up way way too much contact thirteen percent of r right, that's one of the worst out there. Low strikeouts expected era came down a tiny bit. That was a good start to it. So if he's available in ten man leagues, which I know some people were cutting, you could definitely pick him up. I'm not sure if he's still like a buye for me. You know, Ober and Bailey Biby weren't like my guys and they've had like early struggles on. But if people are completely out there might not be like a horrible opportunity. And by the way, shout out to our boy mctunda. Five gifted subs were over one hundred. Just you guys, hanging out and following us on Twitch. You can get those free gifted subs by these guys. And now mctundah is at the tippy top of the board for our gifted So shout out to this awesome Twitch crew.
Speaker 2: Mctnda's good people. We talked to him on our discord all the time. Let's get to Magnum's question. Hey, if he's longtime listener, first time liver, that's what we love. We love the first time livers. Here ten team head to head obpcats, I drafted Vlad, picked up Ronda, Manzarto and Kurtz, but need a shortstop. Should I deal Vlad for a premium shore stop or try to deal with someone else as a package. I think what you do here, to be honest with you, I would keep Vlad because that's the proven asset. I think Manzardo has some interesting trade value, and I think Kurtz's value is very high right now, and you don't need Kurts if you have Lad. It's not that I don't like Kurts, a big Kurtz fan, but we don't know what he's going to do at the major league level right now. Today it's Nick Kurt's day. Everybody so happy.
Speaker 3: He didn't do it on the birthday.
Speaker 2: I I didn't do it on the birthday. It was kind of lame, But I think that's I think you can get more for the expectations and the projectability of Nick Kurtz, and then you might realize that's the route I would take first.
Speaker 3: Well, I would agree with I would agree with that. The only thing is I don't think. I don't agree that com Menzardo has good trade value r And I think he's the lowest of all of them. I think Roanda has incredible trade value, but I keep being like, I want to trade Ronda, and then I look at his profile and I'm like, good lord, I don't know if you can, but Kurtz's trade value in that situation would probably be the best. Can I put in a question. I wanted to do this with Cruz, but you just went right past it. Someone had said, I thought this was a really good question by Laser and Blazer Luis Roberts or Dylan Cruz at this point, because we're still both in the Pilo territory. But Cruz is the one that's pulling around. I don't know if it's Sally, you guys can pull it up. But Laser's question, Roberts or Cruise.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I'm just a sucker here, but I still say Robert. But I feel I'm getting I'm worried about that. And we had another Robert question here. Someone dropped Louise Robert in my league? Do I pick him up? I already have Butler, Casti, Janos, Cherio, Judge Woods. You don't need him until he spot as Schwarber, so there's no room at the D. But as an asset, I'd want to add him. I think you look at it this way. I think Robert. I still think he finds his way back there. He just have no line of protection there at all. That's that's a huge problem, and well it's going to get suffering.
Speaker 3: I would rather have Robert.
Speaker 2: I would rather have so. But would you rather have Robert or Cruz? You'd rather have Cruz.
Speaker 3: I think I would rather have Cruse right now, because one of the big boosts of Robert is that he's going to some stolen bases and blah blah blah. But Dylan Cruz I think can hit for a higher average, and he's showing that, and he's expected. It's in the two eighties. He's stealing bases, he's hitting homers, he's gonna score runs. The pendulum might swing a little bit. If Robert were to be traded to like a Braves team and we're like, oh my god, he's at you know five for the Braves and there's all these guys or you know whatever it is, the Dodgers, I would just want both of those guys. Like it's just it's too early. Cruise is a good like litmus test of it's a little too early to just completely cut bait here, and I think cutting bait on Robert is not my bag. I would find a way to get him on the bench. So if he's available, I'm picking him up. I'm not trying to trade him away for nothing, and I would love to buy him for absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Stoney's ad Gavin Williams was dropped into twelve team Pro League. Why should I let Tyler Anderson pitch tomorrow then dropping for Gavin Williams. No, I would just go pick up Gavin Williams now wellf for someone else? Does I? Wayton? I ain't waiting. Besides some of those signs of life. Also, Marcus Simeon two for three with a homer. Four Rabies got dropped in the orders in a five spot and it worked. Jake Berger hit a home run. Signs of live that, you know. The antidote, well is just get to the Sacramento Ballpark. Yeah, just get the Sacramento whya at Langford return three for four, good day for him as well. So all of a sudden signs of life for that Ranger line up.
Speaker 3: And shout out to the plus money first five play of the Texas Rangers yesterday backing Patrick Corbin I had and all these dudes just started bang, bang bang going. And this is a little test or testament to, you know, some of those underlying metrics that we're looking at and then expected stats and combining those and being like, hey, listen, you know Doulas Garcia early on was a by Marcus sim and Jake Berger starting to kind of come back. Both of those guys were pretty like easy clear bys and they're just starting. Burger's a little rougher around the edges right now, but there they're starting to get going.
Speaker 2: Chris Bubich at a royal pain because he was awesome yesterday. Tough luck, no decision against the Rockies Tuesday night. He had six strikeouts, seven innings, zero runs is he raised out one four five, which is of course not sustainable with the one oh six whip, thirty three strikeouts, just nine walks over thirty one innings. Bot Carlos Stevez blew the second save of the season, So keep an eye on that situation. Also keep an eye on those New York Mets who just beat the Phillies again. Somebody's in your kitchen, Philadelphia. Somebody's gonna have to go to huah wah and get some iced tea and some Hogies and cry a little bit and get over this, because all of a sudden, the Mets just kind of own the Phillies lately after the playoffs. I don't know, man, they look kind of shook. It's crazy. Griffin Canning, good star for him, he's el Rai's down to three to one two on the year. He's three and one on the season. Also in bullpen news, now, Kate Smith pitched yesterday again in a same situation. Now, I understand class threw a lot of pitches, but this is now two in a row. Well, you surprised we got two Kate Smith appearances in that closer role or is it just still well he threw thirty pitches, we're getting him a couple days off.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I know you're the very antie. I got some I got some texts about that song, like Joey was very like, hey, it's April twenty second? Is not good? Should we be waking out?
Speaker 2: Absolutely say, I never said that. I just am like Roddy Piper. I asked the questions here on Piper's pit. That's all I do. Everybody else can fill in the blanks however they want.
Speaker 3: They said, he just want They wanted to give him back to back days off. It just so happened to be that there were save opportunities in both of those. It's a little banged up, there's a little shoulder discomfort. None of that's great. So but again, like, what's the application is it to go and trade Class A right now?
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, no no no. But I think if you are in a fifteen team league and Kate Smith is on the waiver wire, yeah, I'm sure. Yeah, because that shoulder issue.
Speaker 3: Speculative save market, you should have made an investment on Vest and will Vest who just got a couple saves. You should be looking at Lucas Erseg after Carlos Estevez. Yeah, you should be like heavy in the market of who got a save and who's on the precipice and is anyone else struggling. Kate Smith a hundred percent would belong to that, but it's like who are you? Who are you throwing out? Who you're getting thinking?
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of our penis and crackerjacks because the YouTube comments were full of Simpson's references yesterday, So thank you for supporting the show. We love you very much. You know this isn't on the show sheet, but I was just reading about this. I don't know if you saw this because we didn't mention it yesterday, but the whole rond Akunya snicker stuff, you know how that's kind of in a bass. But did you see the Frank Corer comments? Did you see those? No?
Speaker 3: I only saw the tweet from.
Speaker 2: So Jeff. Frank Corr said, well, you know, I'm paraphrasing, semi quoting, but basically was, well, you know, we won a World Series without Ronald Acunya, so it's not like you need Ronald of Cooni to win. And I just went yikes. I don't know if that's what I want coming out of my mouth right now. I don't think that's a smart thing to say on that team. I want to say Freddy Freeman was still on that team though, and a few other guys that aren't there, Max Freed. Those guys are all gone now.
Speaker 3: I don't say, but that's a player thing, that's a super player thing, like players get sick of players that want to suck up all this space. Like that doesn't actually really surprise me. He would say something.
Speaker 2: Well. I think Ronal Cooney's point is if I did what Keilna did, I would go I would have gotten benched. And I think he's right.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's right.
Speaker 3: Jeffrank Cor probably doesn't have a relationship at all with a Kunya, and when that happens, these guys are very comfortable trashing and breaking down and tearing down any of the players that they might perceive as being different than how they would approach the game. So, Jeff frank core right.
Speaker 2: Here's a question here, Van Rod trade Burns for sale? Straight up? You want to make this move? What do you want rest of the season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did too. I like Burns, and I kind of think buying Burns is a good opportunity. But if Burns will get you saleed.
Speaker 2: Do it. Yeah. Else here I got off for the trade Skeens, and I assume James Wood not James Woods. Is that you're talking? Why why do.
Speaker 3: We do Candy Pisa.
Speaker 2: For Gore and Jordan Alvarez? Which side of this do you want?
Speaker 3: This is at so easily want the Skeens and James wood side or James Woods.
Speaker 2: Well, just James Wood. You don't want the James Wood sign. I would say this too. I've got more questions the last twenty four hours about your Alvarez than anybody really, like, just people peppering me, which means he should be somebody you're kicking the tires on right now.
Speaker 3: People are it's all panic, like everyone's just like losing their mind because he's hitting two thirteen.
Speaker 2: Complete and utter panic, which brings us, of course to a moment to where we remind you not to panic, because we're here to help you with all the tools at Fantasy Pros and if you want to manage all your faceball, baseball or fak lineups from Fantasy and dumb It or your faceball, or your Twitter book, or your your Insta tac, any of those things. You can manage all of them with My Playbook from Fantasy Pros. My Playbook is the super powerful suite of tools that help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your league. So import your team, sink your leagues for free and get custom fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. Sink your Leagues today at fanasypros dot com, slash MLB My Playbook, or just download the app Silly and Fantasy Pros My Playbook app for MLB. All right, let's get to the rookie looking Knick Kurtz did not play yesterday. Boo. I was against a lefty, so I don't know if that was. I don't know what was going on there was. It was a roster. So here's what it was. There's there's two pieces of information we got out of this. A they said they didn't want to plan because they wanted him to get acclimated. So they wanted him to be in the majors. They wanted him to acclimate to the team, acclimate to the atmosphere. But people were like, but it's a lefty. But here's what they said. They said he will not be a platoon player. They already told us he will be in everything. They said that, But it.
Speaker 3: Had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: I know, Patrick Corby's a superhllod.
Speaker 3: It literally had to do with this acclamation of you brought up. He was drafted less than a year ago.
Speaker 2: Bro, what is this orientation?
Speaker 3: They treated it like that. Yes, well, get.
Speaker 2: Some free snacks and this charcuterie board out. It's orientation day. You get some free stuff and take a tour, take a tour of the batting cages, you know, maybe you know, meet and greet a little bit, you know, get some autographs.
Speaker 3: On what are you offended by him? This is professional base and they wanted him to like learn how to He doesn't know how to be a professional.
Speaker 2: So in one day as all, it took one day off. He's a professional.
Speaker 3: I mean he was also it also was a lefty like they're gonna talk out of both sides of their mouth. So it's like we're not gonna stand against and it's like, well, it is a veteran lefty who's starting here against the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Let him sit. D wait, bring back Tom's comment, Please, I want to read the game. Kurt's waiting for his arrange slices. Yes, that's exactly what's happening here. Hey, Nikki, I don't want you to be scared of all the big ballpark and all the people. They're your friends, Nikki. They're here to cheer for you. It's gonna be a fun day.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I think today he's gonna get his rug out. He's gonna sit there and uh, Brent Rooker is gonna have story time for him. It's gonna be awesome your professional baseball players. Can you imagine the coddling in the eighties? If this is I mean, what.
Speaker 3: What you're on? Just an old man? That's right now? My day we have a torpedo match.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? You know we haven't done this once all year, but this is. Hey, what the hell's going on here? Understand me? First day? It's cool. You gotta take it easy on everybody. Oh hey, I heard Nick Kurtz like the crust cut off of his sandwiches. That's what I used to Oh you want a juice box? Eh, You get out there and you play Nick Kurts. That's what you do. You go out there and you play what is this? Real? Men eat the crusts off there sandwiches. Yeah, bum your boom is a big one. Old people love seeing you. But my grandfather used to call people.
Speaker 3: Bump all the time like that, defensive to bums.
Speaker 2: But you know, do they have internet? Probably not? All right, let's get to more rookie lookies. Augustine Ramirez. Another good day for him, three for three RBI, double a walk, so he clean up yesterday. Welsh exciting stuff that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. We're not going to victory lap. We're not victory lapping, of course, but we can definitely do a little. I told you so you should be paying attention when we talked about him a couple of weeks ago. It looks great early on. Things are gonna come back down, but he's what did I say? He does well? He hits the ball really hard in the miners, he's hitded I watched Hi. Things are going to come back down a little bit, but you're seeing he tried to steal another base. He got caught, but he's aggressive on the base paths. He's showing some real big power. He actually might push a little bit for like a fifteen man single catcher at this point, like you're kind of making a big investment. But if you're like on the bottom end of catchers, like guess what, I would probably be comfortable dropping a Gabby Moreno, who doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Would you drop Wells for him? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I literally want your question like six times to me.
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't make it sick.
Speaker 3: I probably would not, but like I get it, I get it. And someone said, Francisco Alvarez or Ramirez Alvarez is coming back on Friday.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have him Alvarez. That's not even close. Man. Uh, that guy is a pre I think people somehow forget because last year was kind of underwhelming. How good of a hitting prospect. Francisco Alvarez was loves to get her minor leagues.
Speaker 3: His favorite thing. I wish I had some glasses.
Speaker 2: I don't sure. By man who played with one leg, I remember it. He ran into a sprinkler and next thing you know.
Speaker 3: He was players not playing. Before that, they played the games, they got out there, they had to broke a leg. If we tape it on and they get out there and they play and they shoot.
Speaker 2: Up some steroids.
Speaker 3: They have a beard, some fried chicken in the in the dug out date.
Speaker 2: Why are you like an old Southern man? I feel like you're like old You're like a weird twang. It's like or a Western You're like a Western character. There cookie jobs. I end up in a spot where I have too many bats. Okay, that's a problem. What starry picture do you think I could move on from? For them? Which do you move? So you got Vini P, Burger and Kurtz and Manzarto. Well, VINTP has not been good, Burger's values at an all time low. Manzardo has been good. I think Manzarto's values is higher than Welsh, but we disagree on that. And then Kurts obviously is the chip. That's the chip right now. I think Vinnie pest Gentino has some bi low appeal to some other people, though that I would.
Speaker 3: Say this is probably ends up being one of those. You got to see what the offers are. Man's already probably got a kick to the curb. I don't think he does much. I don't think Burger gets you much. So it's probably Vinnie P.
Speaker 2: Kurtz.
Speaker 3: See what it looks like you know what, am min all suck and maybe you should wait a little bit. But as me and Joe were saying, like, probably Kurtz is at that all time high right now, you know, and until he said, well, I don't know, he's getting coddled. So maybe you're gonna be like Joe and not be super into him. But see what the offer looks like and see if someone will massively overpay. Otherwise I probably would wait it out a tiny bit because I think Vinnie will bounce back in like two weeks. You might have three really sought after first, Baseman, and that gives you a little bit more little trade equity.
Speaker 2: Good point. Chandler Simpson went two for four with a stolen based ching with the big bet yesterday here on the program Red Sox, and you get plus money on it today more to come stay with us. Red Sox prospect Marcelo mayor not to be confused with Mike mahor one is great mayor the other not so much, or Max Meyer or any of those guys. So another two run Homer for him. The Orioles manager, brand High, said Brandon Young, whose name I screwed up on the show the other day is a can start again this weekend. I told you he's coming up again. So if you're looking for streaming starters, maybe Brandon Young is a guy to look at. Jack kagleon had two hits off Clayton Kershaw. I thought that was noteworthy. I wanted to bring this up because I saw they were running that on MLB network Kershaw's little rehabs start, and I said, oh, Jack kagleone tough left handed pitcher. Guy's gone to the Hall of Fame. Sure he's not what he was, he's on a rehab start, but still could he hit the ball off him? The answer is yes, Yeah, rushed.
Speaker 3: The double too, rush double off the left held it look really, really good. I am so impressed year over year because I've had so many different looks at CAGs and how the bat is progressing and all the stuff that came with just a bad approach, and it really looks like a different player with some of the biggest power in the in all of the miners and the majors. Just he's going to be so exciting when he's up. I just don't know if it's this year.
Speaker 2: I think it might be the end of the year into the playoffs. Maybe, but I'm with you, but you know me, I'm I'm a KG Leon guy. Jacob Azrowski had eight strikeouts, six shout out hittings. So again that Brewer's rotation is gonna get real good, real fast over the next couple of years. And Padre shorts Up is not debuting anytime soon, but he is one of the best prospects in baseball. Had a five for five night with two homers, eight RBI. Leo Devrees who.
Speaker 3: The cycle he hit for the cycle in that goal.
Speaker 2: He was the cycle RB.
Speaker 3: He hit in that game. It was one of the most impressive performances. And I had actually tweeted out after he hit the homer because there is another one of those guys who you know since day one, been out there watching him, and he's had that He's got this just really good, kind of like whippy approach. But he's starting to get the ball in the air, so he's starting to find a level of comfort where he is lifting the ball. He started doing that in the AFL and I just noted that and then it was like after that it was triple. I think he hitded with the triple, but he had the double, the single, he might have even hit another homer eight RB. I's one of the most exciting prospects out there from a dynasty perspective. I had him top I've had him top ten even though he's super young. He's getting the fast track, kind of like Ethan Solace. Both those guys, they're gonna be on watch next year, unfortunately, because like the Pajas are almost gonna sell off in the preseason, they're sell off a rise and they're gonna sell off seas now they're just ceased as tem in baseball, So I don't know what that looks like for them, but you should own Leo devrees uh In definitely any type of dynasty with minor leagues.
Speaker 4: Does it ever feel like you're a marketing professional just speaking into the void?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 4: Well, with LinkedIn ads, if you can know you're reaching the right decision makers. You can even target buyers by job title, industry, company, seniority skills.
Speaker 2: Wait, did I say job title yet?
Speaker 4: Get started today and see how you can avoid the void and reach the right buyers with LinkedIn ads. We'll even give you a one hundred dollars credit on your next campaign. Get started at LinkedIn dot com, slash results, terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on from the rookie lookie to the three up and the three down. Here Christian Yelich two for five with a grand slam. Good night for him. Ean Half four for five with a walk off RBI single to beat the Dodger is an eleven ten game, yaus A twenty one runs in that one, so I think it hit the over. And then Aaron Judge four for four with a double, one run scored against Cleveland yesterday the Downs. Jordan Hicks got pounded for six runs, five earned today five strikeouts, but it was a bad day for him against the Brew Crew Osvaldo Beato eight runs, two strikeouts and five and a third not good for him. And Dustin May got lit up there seven runs, ten hits over five innings. Which of the bad was the worst for you yesterday?
Speaker 3: Like I don't beat I purposely bet against Beido Jordan Higg yesterday I've been against. And then I did this stream where I kind of looked at some stuff like oh this is interesting, and then just bang, bang bang, it's Dustin May. The Dustin May one is pretty rough because you know we've held him in a really high regard, even when we talked about guys like Casey Meies. This is a blip. It's probably if anything, what you take this as with Dustin May is like, all right, let's pay attention moving forward. But I'm gonna treat it as.
Speaker 2: Just a blip. The trade video, by the way, is also available right now on the YouTube channel, so go watch that doing the Waiver Wire video tomorrow again. Subscribe to the YouTube channel to stay ahead of all your friends and enemies in front of meies in all of your leagues, especially when it comes to injuries too, because that'll ruin a season for you. Christopher Sanchez was removed Tuesday against the Mets. I watched part of this start. We got home from football practice and I flipped on the game and he was at fifty seven pitches in the second inning, and I was like, geez, that doesn't look like the Christopher Sanchez I know. And he was definitely laboring, so that's not good. The velocity was down yesterday. Now, the good news is Ranger Suarez is in a spot where he had five scorelestings yesterday in a minor league rehab start, so they're actually lined up properly. So Wels, I know you're a Sanchez guy. This has got to be a really tough moment here. We're waiting for more updates and clarity here, but certainly this was not as.
Speaker 3: A little bit of clarity just a little bit before the show where he said he's feeling tremendously better. So that's a really good sign that well, No, I mean like you could get the aj puk where it's like, hey, he's going for seventy four different MRIs, different opinions. It's just like, no, he felt good. The diagnosis early on felt like it was going to be bad. Bila was down. You know, there's been a lot of stress and change with him as a pitcher over the last couple of years. This year, you know, trying to add that cutter, which, by the way, we don't really see that he was throwing, unless the unless Baseball savant was designating the slider as a cutter, which it probably was, but everything was down by a mile prower. He says, he feels really good, So fingers crossed. But you know, if we do see that right there, second opinion or whatever, then it's just that we're done. We're done done. But I don't think this is quite like justin Steel Range Yet I'm optimistic that he felt a lot better, but this would be absolutely brutal. I don't care about like Rangeress war is coming back, like losing Chris Sanchez would be.
Speaker 2: Swars is a nice pitch, right, Look, the Phillies are an interesting spot here, which brings us to that today's Chasing Challenges segment brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunity and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, we're gonna spotlight the challenges faced by the Philadelphia Phillies right now. So the last thing you want here is dev Christopher Sanchez have an injured situation where he could miss some time or even maybe extended time. Again, he says he feels tremendous. We'll see when everything gets checked out. You already have Ranger Suarez on the IL Aaron Nola hasn't pitched very well. Wheeler has been up and down to start the year. Thank goodness for Jesus Lozardo. The big question mark is the fifth starter. Well, he's been pretty spectacular in this rotation so far for the Phillies. But there's just something going on with the Phillies when I watch them right now that the spark, the fire in this team looks like it's out a little bit. Alec Boehm struggling again this year. The Phillies are a fiery bunch with a pH and they have been for the last couple of years. I think some happened to them mentally in that series against the Mets, where they had them on the ropes, they couldn't finish them off. The next thing, you know, these giant moments with a bullpen just handed over wins to the Mets. The Phillies look to me like a team that got punched in the mouth and is still staggering around and they don't look sharp to me at all. Now that could change. It's only April, so we're gonna monitor this thing. But I'm just saying right now, the Phillies better find their fight, and they better find it quickly because Spencer Schreider will be back in a few weeks again, and Ronickunya will be back in a few weeks, and the Mets are already where they are, and the Nets are gonna be plucky. I'm not saying the Phillies are in trouble. I'm saying the Phillies just don't look like they have the same edge that they've had in previous seasons. And that, my friends, is today's Chasing Challenges segment. Remember Microsoft AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and of course help develop new ideas to drive your businesses forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions at reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot comsh Challengers to learn.
Speaker 3: One thing I'm gonna add, well, yes, thank you for going. You were going right to me because I was gonna add something. I'm just trying to get in there. Sometimes I'm like, it's like a it's a it's a sport.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Painter time. I heard everybody talk about Painter nowhere near Painter time.
Speaker 3: But for me, it's a sport. If I can get right in between Joe just going to.
Speaker 2: We're getting paid for this read.
Speaker 3: I wanted you to get there. I just wanted to get in right at the end. I to Simmi updates on Chris Sanchez. On Chris Sanchez, they said right out the shoot there was an expectation of no structural damage in his forearm, only tightness. So then this morning he says he feels better, and they're also not scheduling an MRI because of that. According to the team doctor, he's not going to pitch the next start, doesn't look like he's gonna go on the I L or maybe they do just a quick one for roster construction. But they're not even scheduling an MRI because it is just tightness. So whatever if people in there, someone in the comments funny, they were just like you never have a player say like I'm jacked up or whatever. It's like yeah, but they also wouldn't speak. So he said he feels good, only tightness. Maybe it's tiny, little cyberly for Chris Sanchez, little baby one.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I know you're like, you're like Garrett Cole. Everything was great with Garrett Cole. When you know everything was fine, everything's gonna be fine. I'm sure it's all gonna work out well.
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 2: Puck, I'm sure it's multiple opinions. I'm sure they're gonna be awesome for his Corey Seeger left Tuesday's game. Stop me if you heard this one before with hamstring tightness. This is why I can't draft Corey Seger every year. I just stay away from my head. A couple years ago and it was just and he was so good when he was on the field, and it was just so frustrating when he was not, and I just can't do it any more of myself. Blake Snell bullpen session today actually, so we'll get you update on that tomorrow. Mark Viento's back in the lineup with that groin injury. He had a double. He looked good, by the way. In that same game, Juan Soto hit a laser at second base. He is gonna be breaking out any second now because he is hitting lasers right now. It's just some bad luck. Brian Beao won run five innings in his return and win over the Mariners, and Jack Ly dealing with that blister force strikeouts four and two thirds. So when do you expect Jack Lighter back for the Rangers. Well, after this four and two thirds outing on two, you.
Speaker 3: Can imagine that. I mean, I guess it's more team context. I would say, if you can go four and two thirds off at this start with not having like a major miss time, maybe for the next start, you know, so maybe we would get him for I guess it would line up to like early next week. Possibly they want one more. I would say, either way, it looks like at some point next week you would get Jack lighter back in the rotation.
Speaker 2: All right, question here from a big danswer. You starting par Alta San Francisco. Of course him Frey par Alta does not come out of my rotation period. End of story Life or Death is Ozzie and Kurtz and overpay for Jordan Alvarez.
Speaker 3: So you're trading Albi's and Kurtz for No. I don't think that's I don't.
Speaker 2: Think so either, I do it. Would you make that trade if you had Alvarez?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Would not trade away Alvarez for Ozzi and Kurtz, now, not unless it was a keeper of a No, they definitely Eve wouldn't do that. What am I saying?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, No, no context.
Speaker 2: What am I crazy? What's opening here? Like crazy talk? Crazy? Michael saw soda strim on your trade video? Yes you did? Uh? And again those very specific terms of that soda strim trade. What sorting picture do you think you could get for him? Could you get Chris sale for him? I don't think so with the way sales.
Speaker 3: That's kind of my argument. I keep going with soda strom like, I just don't think like where he's at and what he's looking like as a pitcher or as a hitter. Could you get the line up? Maybe? You know, that would be one that I think is kind of interesting, But I don't know. That's a very question. What can you get for him? He's a weird one, mister grinch. It's all gonna be about your league. It's you're gonna have to tell us what it is. We can't tell you. I can tell you what I'm not gonna do. I think Joe's a tiny bit more open to it. I'm going to be a real pain in the ass if I'm trading away my soda strim, so I'm probably not getting something done. So it's a very league context you for a guy like Serm. Everyone's gonna want you to take You know, Ryns Wars is calling back. You know he's pretty good, right Like they're going to try to sell you on that. No one's gonna want to pay up for it. And I think that's what you should do. If you're selling a soda STRM.
Speaker 2: You know what should do. Play some bets. It's times for the best bets of today. That's right with Joey P and the Welsh. Let's look at Chandler Simpson again. At plus money for stone bases. This is like stealing money. Do it again. This is what we're doing. Brent Rooker driving a run. I'm just going all in here on the Athletics and the Rangers again because Joey P likes this ballpark. Brent Rooker RBI plus one sixty five, White Langford back healthy, swinging a good bat, big night yesterday. Let's have a big one today to RBI plus one thirty five. But the Simpson one. Look Simpson once again. I just feel like we're in a spot where when there's plus money on this with this guy, you're just gonna keep taking it until the books figure it out. Welsh, you're gonna start with Miami and Cincinnati today for your bets.
Speaker 3: Probably you're loving those RBI bets right now.
Speaker 2: I dig it plus money. Well, do you think about this way right? Good players are gonna drive in around one hundred runs. You play one hundred and fifty something games. Usually for these guys they sit a couple. It's pretty good ratio. That's two thirds of the time there's a ting for an RBI plus money.
Speaker 3: I like those odds sixty percent of the time. It works. It works every time.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm going with yes, I'm going with the no run first inning pretty quick here off of Miami in Cincinnati. This is just backing Sandy al Contra and Brady Singer. Brady Singer a little bit more of a ground ball pitcher, Sandy, you can do the same thing. Both these teams are bottom fifteen and run score through the first inning. There's obviously some inherent risk, but I really like this one as far as no runs. If you want to play that. We talked a lot about the Phillies, the Mets having the number. Well, Zach Wheeler is on the mound today. I'm gonna go first five Philly money line, little juicy, but I really like the prospects of Zach Wheeler out there. Frankly, you might even be able to you got a lefty on for the Mets in Peterson, you might even be able to play more of an under through the first five. But I'm gonna go with Philly on the money line. So if they're tied, I push. If Philly is up, I win. That's the name of the game. I win, And I'm gonna go with Edward O. Rodriguez five and a half strikeouts. It is plus money. It is not plus one forty. It is plus one ten Plus one forty would be awesome. But maybe there are some books, maybe even fandle you can go and check out when you use our code. But Edward Rodriguez has been lighting up some big strikeout games. As a matter of fact, he went up against his last start was up against the Marlins. He struck out nine. I believe it was twelve and nine in his last two starts, and he has been pretty dang dominant as far as strikeouts go against lefties. Razor at the bottom of ops versus they're one of the worst of a little over a twenty five percent K percentage versus lefties right now, So it's a pretty decent one. We're going over because yes it is also over. I see that that's not listed on there. Over five and a half strikeouts for EDWARDO Rodriguez against the Rays.
Speaker 2: Here you go overbuddy, and don't forget. If you like some free money there go to you. Fantasy ros dot Com slash leading off. New customers place five dollar bet. You get two hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you win. Right now, we'll run FanDuel with Fancybros dot Com slash leading off. Go use the promo code. All right, let's get to the big board and see how it's going. Sammy sosaid Jersey still available for the winter far out edging up to thirteen home runs now, Marty and Cookie at twelve, Razor Ramona twelve. The Welsh still on the board in the top ten at nine. So proud of my boy. I'm manifesting today Welsh. So if you want to join the Discord manifest with me, you can call your home run calls right now in our Discord Fansboros dot com slash chat. I'm going with Nick Kurtz plus five sixty to go yard, Let's go right out of the gate. You had your orientation yesterday, you had your you know, your cheese and crackers and your sippy cup and everything. You had your orientation day, and now it's time to be a big boy. Put your big boy home run pants on and go out and hit me some dingers. Welsh. That's what I want from Nick Kurtz. Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 3: Just like you're just a villain to Nick Kurtz. Now, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I love Nick Kurtz. It's not Nick Kurtz's fault. It's not Nick Kurtz. All right, I got it.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you guys want to come and do your home run calls and Discord, you can also join me and Joe Rico today we're gonna be live on the Discord YouTube. You're too late, but if you want to put a little pen in it. We have been doing it at two pm Eastern. Probably gonna do that for a couple more weeks, or at least a week, and then we might change times. But Discord fantasypros dot Com, slash Chat. You can join the Discord for free. There's a bunch of access to cool stuff. Joe Rico and I will be alive at two pm Eastern answering questions and you could be on the show if you want as well, so you could do that. But on the home run call, I am going to go with my boy. Will You're a bray You. He is almost four to one on FanDuel. If you want to play the home run call. He's going up against Emerson Hancock, who stinks, and William bray You does not stink. Great, great, great on the kind of a strong side platoony type of guy. But he's been dominant hitting right around three hundred and three hit day yesterday, William bray You, let's get to the double digis and the homers.
Speaker 2: Grady, I've got Nick Kurt Shares. I'm gonna bush Okay. I'm the guy that was crushing the home run competition last year. I didn't pick any I was on vacation last week. Relax, it's April, okay. I'm like Wan Soto. I'm just hitting lasers right now, They'll all start to fall into place.
Speaker 3: So are you saying right now that we are going to see you on this board at some point this year?
Speaker 2: Is that a challenge? Welsh?
Speaker 3: That is like a challenge. That's a challenge. I've got to see Joey on the board. I think you have two or three.
Speaker 2: I have two or three, and Wonky might be able to tell me. She she knows the facts there. I want to say it's two. It might be three home runs, but yeah, I think I could get on that board. Show me the board again. Show me the board. What's the low part of the board. I have three? Thank you, WONK eight. I need five more? All right? In the words of Barney Stinson, challenge accepted. I'm coming for.
Speaker 3: Your board, and guess what we'll do.
Speaker 2: I can't win the Sosa Jersey anyway, because I work here, so I'm not allowed to win it. I know last year I made the joke just because I wanted to upset joe Rico with the lad bat that I wanted to just win it just so I could have it and then set it on fire and be just a horrible person. But now it's like I had no motivation. But now you know what, Well, she gave me some motivation.
Speaker 3: I'm well, here's what we can do. How about in the YouTube comments, let's see what should be the stakes, you guys, let us know what the stakes are if Joey can get on there YouTube on this episode, So if you're watching live, make sure to jump over to the YouTube. What are the stakes for joe to get there? And if he doesn't get there, what's the punished?
Speaker 2: I think Walky's wrong, Wonkee's saying if she wins it, she's taking the jersey and setting a gift card to second place. I mean, I don't know. I don't know you're gonna talk to hr about that one one. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I might take it too though, or what I might do is I will have ownership of it and then I get to figure out who it goes to after that.
Speaker 2: So don't forget everybody. Wednesday today and every Wednesday, four pm Eastern YouTube channel, Welsh myself of course, Joe, Ripo and Welsh two pm on our discord, Get your questions answered, get everything set out for your week of Fantasy baseball. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros mL be