Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at sam stocks on the mode today in Europe. I'm Jacksonders with Caroline Hepka, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon. Right, So let's begin with the household products company Reckit. How are they faring today?
Speaker 4: Quite well?
Speaker 1: So they've had their second called update and essentially showing that their transformation that they've been kind of barking on for a while is starting to pay off. So sales of core Recit, which is now their focus, so things like detl Jurex, that rowse four point two percent, which is comfortably ahead of estimates. They also maintain therefore your outlook. They announce a share by back of five hundred million pounds that's over the next year or so. But as I say, this is kind of evidence of their turnaround paying off. So they've been selling off under performing brands and doubling down on their best sellers. So that Core Reckit that I mentioned, So if you look into the results today germ protection that's led the way kind of across sales. And then as well, growth has also been driven by emerging markets, so places like China and India, but North America also grew in Europe showing signs of improvement. So things looking quite positive across the board, and shares up about seven percent on the back of that. And then also sorry, just worth noting as well that if you look into the volumes, that's what's really risen rather than rather than the pricing, which is quite encouraging, showing that the actual number of sales is more rather than just price risers for recits. So quite positive update from them today.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's interesting for Recket in terms of the market. So things started off fairly brightly in terms of the stock six hundred at the start of trading. That seems to have faded a little bit, but a really strong performance from Coing.
Speaker 1: Indeed, what kind of a similar story really, So this is second quarter results, the focus being on Gucci, obviously Kerring's largest brand. They account for about half of Kerring's overall profit. So Gucci sales top estimate, so they fell two percent, but anlyss had expected them to form more than three percent, So some positive news there. On Gucci, it improved in all regions against the previous quarter, led by North America, so better than expected, essentially giving a bit of optimism that kind of a long awaited turn around at Gucci is starting to take shape and carring shares rising as much as ten percent on the back of that. As a whole, it's been underperforming rivals for quite a few years and that's mainly been down to Gucci, So Alyss is saying, you know, there's still more to be done for Gucci to reband and for the whole group to recover, but this is pointing to some optimism there for the overall parent company.
Speaker 3: And finally trading firm glen Core. Their shares are up.
Speaker 1: What's driving that, Yeah, about four point eight percent, five percent. This morning they said their trading team made a first half profit of three point three billion US dollars, So that means it is on track or seems to be on track for its best yet ever. The previous record is six point four billion US dollars that was in twenty twenty two. They so they're saying, yeah, so so trading coming at three point three billion US dollars they gave for your guidance, which was above expectations. Essentially, all of this is showing that or how commodity trading trading houses kind of reaping the benefits of energy markets being upended by the war. There's also a factor of metal prices being buoyed by this boom in AI as well, So shares up three percent and mining as a whole based on mostly on glen Core, helping to push the footy eight hundred hire in trading this morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live Match Us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 4: Mm HM