Speaker 1: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. You don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren can't even Hey, y'all, what's up. It's Lauren Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren Rosa. Now that you's your DELI dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and the conversations that shake the room. Now we're checking in behind the scenes to the ground now. I feel like we haven't really checked and checked in like the last couple episodes because we've just been getting to the latest because there has been so much to talk about. But if we're checking in behind the scenes of the Grind today, I am feeling h I'm excited. I'm excited today. I'm actually in a celebratory mood.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I just reached a major milestone career wise. You know how like you set out to do something, you have a goal at the top of your notebook, and then when you can finally check it off and say, Okay, we finally got to the finish line on this, it feels good. So I can't tell you guys exactly what it is yet, but I'm celebrating something so I am. I'm I'm in a really really good mood. I'm excited. Nothing's going to change too crazy that hasn't already been moving and changing, But it just feels really good to complete something and to get something across the finish line that you have been pushing for.
Speaker 2: So that's how I'm feeling. It is, you know, mid week today.
Speaker 1: You know, the midweek feeling is always like a weird like, Okay, it's not Friday, but it's not Monday either, so that's that's a weird feeling. But I'm excited. Nonetheless, got some celebrating to do. I started last night and I want to continue the celebrations.
Speaker 2: I was so tired last night trying to do it.
Speaker 1: Y'all should have saw me these three four am wake ups be kicking my behind. Now, let's get on in to the latest, because there is a lot going on.
Speaker 2: As always.
Speaker 1: Now, there are reports out on anonymous sources right now that have been confirmed several outlets that the DOJ, the Department of Justice, have fired Marien Comy, lead prosecutor for the Southern District of New York.
Speaker 2: That is the district, and.
Speaker 1: This is the prosecutor that prosecuted Diddy and it's still going through the you know, the things with Sean Ditty Combs, who you guys know, will be sentenced on October third. And she's also the daughter of former FBI director James Comy, so y'all know, you know her dad does not have the best relationship with Donald Trump whatsoever. She was also a part of the prosecutors, the prosecution team that worked on the Jaisine Maxel Maxwell case in connection with Jeff free Epstein, and y'all know there's been a lot of heat in conversation around that because of the Epstein files that have not been released. But when we're just talking about Diddy here, one of the things that I've been thinking in conversation about this is what will sentencing look like for him? And I talked about this a bit on the Breakfast Club, but I did want to, you know, mention a bit more in depth here on the podcast. Now, y'all know, I'm not an attorney. I'm just someone who is able to like watch things, be able to interpret, tell stories around those things that I interpret, and to be able to answer questions when there's a story. The biggest question that I have right now is will this impact Diddy's sentencing. And I've already tried to begin to figure that out and we'll bring back to you.
Speaker 2: Guys whatever I can.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if that's the thing though, because to be honest with you, at this point, sentencing is at the point where you know, the prosecution and defense can weigh in on a pre sentensing report, which is a report that breaks down, you know, what the sentence and guidelines will like, what they'll look like like, what guidelines it will be used, the time suggested or the condition suggested, and all those things, and that comes from a probation office. However, the defense and the prosecution are able to weigh in on it. It was very obvious in the Bond hearing that Maureen Comi does not care for showing ditty Holmes. And I don't think that, you know, like people will say, well does she's prosecuting him, But just because you're prosecuting somebody doesn't mean that that you know, you have any deep moral feeling.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say moral, because that's not true that you have a deep feeling about them. I was listen hearing Marine call me talk about why did he she stay behind bars? And not be that out on bond until the sentencing, you felt with every bone in your body, Oh, she do not like this man can't stand his guts. She feels like he deserves to be put under the jail. But you guys, you know, as we reported here, he was found not guilty on that rico charge and then sex trafficking charges, which you know, he could have been looking at up to life for that, and that is what Mariene Comi was asking for.
Speaker 2: That is what she wanted, and it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: And I've been saying this for a while, Like you know, when you're a defense attorney, even if you're a prosecutor, well, whatever side you're on, you win some, you lose some, right, you just do the best you can and you win some, you lose some. You throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and hopefully it sticks to get to the verdict that you want. But I've been saying, man, it gotta be embarrassing for the prosecution. Y'all wasted so much resources. It took a lot of people's time, a lot of resources. You guys made such big claims, such big, huge broad claims, and then when we got in court, and there was the evidence. There wasn't enough to prove a lot of things, a lot of the bigger things. And I think a lot of I know, I was always in court, you know, and every day would be different from me.
Speaker 2: Hey, today, the prosecution did a great job today.
Speaker 1: They didn't. At a high level, I could understand what they were trying to lean on to convict of that reco Like at a very high level, like, okay, if we're talking broad theories, these testimonies, you know, fall under that rico, that sex trafficking, this alleged evidence falls under that. But then when we got down to the hardcore, like here's you know what we have exact evidence of I did a lot of us didn't see that racketeering and sex trafficking. Those the racketeering and a sex trafficking charge is sticking. And that's what happened. And I've always wondered since since that not guilty verdict was read in the courtroom, I've always wanted it in my mind, how does the prosecution feel that's a big embarrassment because this is such a high profile case with really huge things being thrown out there, and really two huge things being thrown back their way. In response, Dinny's team is saying, the government targeted this man because he is black and wealthy. There are some bad decisions that that man made, and let's not you know what I mean, let's not ignore that. And I think, you know, he'll he'll have to, you know, he'll have to deal with that. And we've talked about here that he's you know, trying to begin to deal with it now through like rehabilitation, and he will be, you know, facing consequences for what he was convicted of. But I was like, yo, if I'm the prosecutor's office, I feel stupid.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this alleged overreach when it comes to Ditty's trial has anything to do with the reason why she was fired, but reports in speculation is that it has either it has something to do with that, or you know, people are alleging that it could have been something to do with, you know, her involvement in the Epstein and Jay Jaselle Jazaye Maxwell always said that that name wrong case or the fact that you know, Donald Trump loudly does not care for her father.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I don't know what the answer to that is.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to give you guys this bit of a background and have a bit more conversation on it in addition to what we talked about in the Breakfast club today. Because it is eight forty seven am Eastern Standard time, I've reached out probably about three times now to different sources trying to figure out what the conversation is on does this impact the sentencing? Does this impact the conversation that the defense is going to have with the court around sentencing? And you know, they're pushback to the probation sentencing report, like what that looks like? Because I think that that's important to know. It's very obvious that Komi led the charge in this whole thing, right, So now that she's gone, number one, need to find out why exactly she's gone.
Speaker 2: I think once you dig deep on that.
Speaker 1: And you get more info on that, then you can determine whether the defense will use this in their favor or not. So trying to figure that out for you guys. We'll bring it back here right here when I have it. But up next in the latest, we got to get into the Housewives, y'all, because so like last week sometime Brittany Edi it was actually Monday. It was earlier this week Brittany Edie from The Royal Housewives of Atlanta. That is the new cast member who my teammates are celebrating a birthday and here I'm selling the breakfast club study of y'all guys hear that.
Speaker 2: But that is a new team member who got.
Speaker 1: Into it with Kenya Moore, and that getting into a Kenya Moore resulted in Kenyamore being suspended from the season and being able to return the following season. But Kenymore was suspended from season sixteen of The Royal Housewives of Atlanta after filming and premiering in a few.
Speaker 2: Episodes because she'd allegedly.
Speaker 1: Practiced revenge porn during one episode where she showed Brittany Edy allegedly naked and photos and you know, performing different sexual acts and photos during an event where Keny Moore was opening.
Speaker 2: Up her beauty spa.
Speaker 1: Right later came out that Brittany said, Hey, these photos weren't even me, and Bravo led me to you know, allegedly Bravo led her to believe that they were, and she thought they were. She fought a lawsuit against the network, you know, talking about the things that she went through stress wise because of that. And now fast forward, here we are the first part of the reunion, because the reunion will be broken up at different parts on Peacock, the first part of the reunion has recently happened. And after that, Brittany Edy was she wasn't at the reunion, so people were trying to figure out why was she not at the reunion. She came out with a statement that let us know that she's not going to be returning in the Real Housewives of Atlanta. And it's crazy to me because I think, of course show was a huge opportunity if you have businesses, if you have things going on like she does, right, but it was kind of given like not that she can't handle the smoke, but she got and got out.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I guess I would say she couldn't handle the smoke.
Speaker 1: I would say that because I mean, it's up to her. She is the one who had to go through thinking that these photos were her and then finding out they weren't, and you know, all the things. So she wants to follow her suit, go ahead and do you. But I think if we go back to og Housewives days, a nine leaks would to use this to her advantage. Baby, she would have been main peach next season, back on the vengeance against everybody, you know what I mean. Like it just it's just a different time, and it makes reality TV so different because I'm like, what, she's leaving the show already, we just started getting into her her storyline, the fact that the photos were not her and all the things, and then King is going to return and they'll probably have to be on the show to get I'm like, that is a crazy storyline. I put to Home Girl in the in the in the starting five of the Girls with the Beaches and she choosing to not come back. I don't know, y'all. Y'all let me know what y'all think. Get out there in the streets and then the tweets for the tres be outside, we outside, we outside, Okay, at me at Laura La Rose, and let me know what y'all think. I feel like Brittany should have stayed on the season. I think this season of Real House House Atlanta was good compared to the last, Like what two seasons Porscha coming back with such a big deal.
Speaker 2: Shmia really stole the scene though.
Speaker 1: For if I'm being honest, Shemiah stole the storyline for the season, even though Porscha was such a big deal on the show. Of course she held it down for the Ogs, but it was still not as good as it used to be. And I think they're always going to like the New Girls are always going to be compared to the Old Girls, and the new seasons will always be compared to the OG seasons. But it's really reasons like this that make fans be.
Speaker 2: Like, yo, what Anini shoot?
Speaker 1: Even a Porsche Kenya Moore gonna come back on that show with such a storyline. We all learned about what she was doing while she wasn't here, whether she contemplated a lawsuit, Is she sorry to Brittany for real? For real? Have they talked like we're gonna learn so much about that time period where they took her off the show and we know nothing unless she's created her YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: But she know what she doing, She created her own platform.
Speaker 1: She saw how things went down when you know, the statements and the conversations were released around those photos and then she moved on.
Speaker 2: But talking about the drama on the season as.
Speaker 1: Well, Drew and Porsche semi made up Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: Chadwick from Ohio said, Portia, now that you've seen the season, do you think you owed Drew an apology for the way you treated her? From what we saw on the show, the relationship between her and Dennis was all business. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I genuinely wanted to come today. One of the main things I wanted to do was to, number one, apologize for meeting with Ralph.
Speaker 2: Did you do it to be a petty of course ye.
Speaker 3: Watching the season, bag even though at the time I felt justified, we still didn't feel good.
Speaker 2: I still didn't not feel good about it. Drew, and I cared about you.
Speaker 3: I really did it, and so today I definitely knew I wanted to apologize for that, because no matter how upset we are with this situation, it still could have been talked through. I just want to tell you, woman's a woman who's also going through divorce. It wasn't right, and I apologized for that.
Speaker 1: Now say semi made up, because it's still obvious that Porsche felt a way about just Drew and Dennis being brought into conversation so much in general for a storyline, But I thought that it was very mature of her to say, look, I was hurt.
Speaker 2: Hurt people, hurt people. I was hurt.
Speaker 1: I apologized that was not right because the conversation she sat down to have a Ralph and Shemida was ruthless.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to that. Of all of the producers in Atlanta, White chose Dennis. I guess you said damn good music.
Speaker 3: We didn't realize I said damn good music because of her album. Her album is.
Speaker 2: I received that.
Speaker 3: I would never come down on your brand or who you are or your talents the way you did just now at breakfast club, you talked about my hair, and companies talked about you didn't like the hair just because of this issue? Is that interesting that you want to poke the bear and then you get mad when I have a reaction.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you right now, y'all.
Speaker 1: If I was Drew and I love Porsche, I love Porsha so much on the show, love her to death, I wouldn't have forgave Porsche for that.
Speaker 2: Could you do that?
Speaker 1: Once you get upset, that's that's like a friend that knows all your business gets mad at you, goes online and just tells everybody your business. You do something like that. Once you sit with somebody who is you know, trying to you know, destroy my world allegedly right in all these different ways, and it's putting me through all this hell that Drew is a legend, she's been through because of the divorce, and you know them trying to figure out their circumstances. You sit down with a person like that and you feed their motive and their narrative.
Speaker 2: I can't trust you.
Speaker 1: Again, you can keep you sorry, And that could have been a bomb storyline for Drew. But we do have more parts of the reunion coming up, so there's more to come. Because at the end of the day, there's always a lot to talk about and there's always more to come, but y'all are always right here with me to talk about it. It's the latest with Lauren L.
Speaker 2: Rosa.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys every single time you are here, my Lowriders.
Speaker 2: I will see you in my next episode.