Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: That's right, Welcome into i GMFB. We're live in LA and New York today. It's Friday, March seventh. We are on the doorstep of free agency. A lot to discuss on the show. I'm Jamie Rtall on the show.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from Cody Kessler, DeMarco Farr, and a very talented, very eccentric.
Speaker 4: One of our favorite guys from the Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Bills, Dion Dawkins, is on site here in LA. He is going to join this show. But until then, Kyle Brandt, you have something that you would like to discuss about Dean Dawkins team.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do, Jamie, and here we go. Good morning Los Angeles and Manhattan. Good morning my brothers and sisters on the NFL Network, and good morning Western New York.
Speaker 2: Find it perfect. Though.
Speaker 1: While the world obsesses over the industry insiders scanning the news for bigger names and bigger markets, the Buffalo Bills are taking care of their own right under your noses.
Speaker 5: So Mafia mount up, and every other fan base out there listen up, Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Fans Ravens fans, Raiders fans, because I hold in my hand the most important contract news of any player this offseason, because this is the only one of these players who will win the Super Bowl this season. Pray for the tables, my friends, because the Buffalo Bills have reached an extension with the eighty ninth pick of the twenty twenty two NFL Draft, four years, fifty million homegrown. He ain't going anywhere, mo Man, Terrell Bernard linebacker Taylor Boom, get in here, Mike, Chief, we did it.
Speaker 6: I need also there was like a bro hug or a fistbuff or something with Goodell on the side after you did that, right, We needed that to be a part of this. Yes, there it is Kyle the fifth Insider peink best with the breaking four years, fifty million dollar extension for Terrell Bernard, a defensive captain. How about the week that Terrell Bernard has happened? By the way, just married his longtime girlfriend. I heard they met in elementary school. Taylor this past weekend is expecting a child and now is set for life financially.
Speaker 2: Four years fifty million.
Speaker 6: You know that big play that he made to strip the ball late in the AFC Divisional game. We know what he means to this team, to this organization. Dion Dawkins going to be along to tell us more about that. This deal done by his agent, Ron Slaven of Sports Stars in New York City, the.
Speaker 7: Firm's base there.
Speaker 6: He's down in Texas. But I mentioned Ron Slaven because I'll never forget how this went. Kyle does the draft pick announcement. It's an unbelievable announcement, and.
Speaker 8: We're all in group breads like oh and that was awesome, Yeah great, And Slaven, Bernard's agent comes in. He goes, yeah, maybe awesome, and we're like, yeah, it wasn't Kyle great and he goes, no, idiots, that's my client.
Speaker 6: They just drafted by client.
Speaker 7: I'm excited about that.
Speaker 6: It was like, okay, so you know, a slave in uh frand rap sheet and myself all connected at the hip for all of Terrell Bernard's career. Congratulations Terrell Bernard, well deserve contract extension.
Speaker 2: And Mike, I'm so glad you put it like that.
Speaker 1: And now that I've done that made the television and everything, I just have sincere, sincere congratulations to Terrel Bernard. An incredible story. And my only regret I ever have for that draft night was that after I announced the pick, Mike, you know this, they didn't immediately go to the highlights of Terrel Bernard had Baylor, and he didn't get to have this reaction and everything. And I've always felt a little guilty about that that we didn't get to see his tape that night. But you know what, we have seen his tape on the field on Sundays in the years since then, and this is a story about him and about his family and all his future. I am so impressed, and there I say, I'm very very proud of Terrell.
Speaker 2: Bernard, very very grateful.
Speaker 1: I can only be there for the announcement of what has become an incredible career and he's just getting started. Congratulations to the Bills, to Ron, Terrell, everybody involved. Thank you very much for just tolerating me credibly well said.
Speaker 6: You gave us all memories for life, including Terrell. Kyle, so great job, but great scoop, buddy. They better give you full credit.
Speaker 2: You gotta get your.
Speaker 3: Credit now, Michi, thanks for the pickup.
Speaker 4: We appreciated. Kyle Brandt.
Speaker 3: One quick question before we get into this reaction, for the Bills news. Is that the same chicken wing from twenty twenty two, that is.
Speaker 2: A fresh wing.
Speaker 1: It would be funny if that bite out of it was the second.
Speaker 2: Bite on the other side.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he can Actually, I tried to get the wing back to make it the same wing, but the people at the Smithsonian would.
Speaker 2: Not give it up.
Speaker 1: They're like, no, no, no, no no, this stays here in the same exhibit.
Speaker 2: Really really funny.
Speaker 1: I am the number one news source in the world for Terrell Bernard News anybody else, I got nothing, That's not what I do. But if you want something about linebacker twelve burner Buffalo Bills, I'm winning the Peabody and the Pulitzer and all that. I'm the number one reporter and insider in that beat only, so come to me if.
Speaker 2: You want something.
Speaker 4: All right, that's perfectly time. Kyle Brant.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you so much because this is what we do on GMTP. We have a Bills conversation and then we go right to the source.
Speaker 4: Dion Dawkins on GMTF.
Speaker 3: What's upbody, Yeah, it's so good to see you.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good to see you. To what man what's good.
Speaker 3: Here is this was a real life that you just got ushered into the building. You get the mic thrown on you. You are excess arise, and you got to sit at your table and talk about we just heard linebacker Trol Bernard he's getting extended.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was walking in and it was like twelve Bernard just just got extended.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking, like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, we're in Cali, Like it's like five air right, Like what is TV doing?
Speaker 2: But I guess she's getting paid nine am.
Speaker 5: East Coast Pagoula is handed out the cheese. Yeah right, guys, man, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: TV is one of those guys. He's a Matt Rule guy. So you start like from before, why it happened. He's a Matt Rual guy. You know, I'm a Matt Rule guy. So I were cut from the same cloth. And to see the guys that listen to what was taught to them in college and just to continue to keep your head down and just working work and work and work and work.
Speaker 2: I'm proud.
Speaker 4: I'm proud we're a Matt Rule show.
Speaker 3: There are not many coaches that move on or get moved on from their job and show up on GMFB A couple days later. He hung with us for a couple of hours after he was down in Carolina before we went to Nebraska, and what a good dude and the fact that you can stand on your business and speak on coach that way and entrel Bernard.
Speaker 4: This says something about the Bills. Man.
Speaker 3: So first of all, how's your body? How's your off season? Before we get into.
Speaker 5: Your team, body is a strong yeah, ready to protect. Body is strong now, the body feels good. Off season is flying by as it always does. You know, I'm one of those ones that I enjoy staying busy. I enjoy staying busy. If I'm still, I feel like I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do. I like to work out and then work and then work out and work out and work out and work.
Speaker 2: And I feel good.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been from Philly to Toronto to w w E, to Elimination Chamber to saying hi to John Cena. It's coming back down and then coming here. It's a beautiful life.
Speaker 3: You were there for the hill turn huh Man in the commercial. Okay, we got to talk about your team first. First of all, this is DeMarco Farr. You walked into the studio. He looked at you like, oh, that is not a dude I would have wanted to play.
Speaker 5: I know, come on, you can't say that because look, every strength coach at Buffalo, which you know Will Greenberg is that had a strength coach. Now, if you were to tell him that, he would say, all right, Dione, you need to get to work what you're doing.
Speaker 3: And this is Cody Kesser, who would killed him when he was a quarterback of the Browns. But now you guys have to make nice and talk to each other on the show. And of course you are guy, Kyle Brant.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks are qu you know, we do a great job of protecting those. Yeah, all right, right right, yeah, So.
Speaker 10: We're getting from the market, yeah yeah, yeah, And then I got the big screen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if y'all know what's going on in here.
Speaker 11: Kyle.
Speaker 5: You're big screened in here. You are bigger than all of us. You're talking about me tilting the floor.
Speaker 2: Kyle is the biggest guy in the room. He's the biggest guy in the room.
Speaker 1: It's always you in stature, it's always you in personality.
Speaker 2: I love seeing your face your body.
Speaker 1: See Dion's body is Temple and he actually went to Temple, so it works completely perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's cook maybe, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: All right, Kyle? Can you do the honors? Actually?
Speaker 3: I know you are always one that you can speak so well about the Bills and everything they went through last season. And the question that we want Dion to start us off with this this conversation.
Speaker 4: I think you can do it justice, So why don't you get us going, buddy?
Speaker 1: You know, Diona, it's the same deal over and over and I hate to say it that way. Incredible team, incredible leadership, incredible coaches, everything, success every single year. And then when you play this media game, you have to answer ask questions and answer them of things like.
Speaker 2: Is this the year the Bills get over the hump?
Speaker 11: Whatever?
Speaker 1: The which is probably a Super Bowl run. I love having you in here, and you're so positive and enthusiastic. I almost feel guilty just hitting you in the head with this hammer about getting over the hump? How do you respond to that? And how do you think about it?
Speaker 11: Right now?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Is this the year the Bill's go over the hump? How do I respond? I think when it comes down to it. You have to understand as a competitor that there's the tough side and then there's the glory side.
Speaker 2: Right, there's the oh.
Speaker 5: You're a champion every year, you're a winner all the time, and then you're sometimes you're a loser. And not to say like when you've gone through it so many times, but when you've gone through it and you know what's going on, you just continue just to look back on Look, did you do the best you could do to help your team be.
Speaker 2: In a position.
Speaker 5: And I'm thankful that I could say yes as an individual, and then I'm thankful when it gets to the unit we can say yes, and then my quarterback can say yes, and if everybody on the team can say yes, I'm cool. I don't know what everyone's answer is. I think no, no, I I can say everybody on the bills answer is yes, and we still couldn't get over that hump. So I think, you know me, Kyle, I think we need Miles Garrett, you know, So Miles.
Speaker 2: Garrett, like Miles Gart. Miles Garrett wasn't there.
Speaker 9: To say yes, you know.
Speaker 2: And I'm an advocate.
Speaker 5: Form but like and not to say anything is wrong with our unit. There, But it's just like maybe you might need an extra extra diamond in the in the wedding ring, Like who knows, you might need an extra diamond for your wife to say he did really really good instead of he did really good. And it's so it's okay, Like it's okay, winners and losers. The Chiefs were the best team and they beat us. It's simple, like we can't fault on the other things.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: The Eagles were the best team. They want the whole thing cool. Next year.
Speaker 2: We're thankful, we're still alive, we're still breathing.
Speaker 5: We have another shot at the door at the prize, and we're thankful to be in a position to have it, you know, and we got the MVP, so we have an even better shot.
Speaker 2: Like who cares, let's he's such a great answer, Dan, it's such a great answer.
Speaker 1: And when you talk about Miles Garrett, I'm reminded of a few years ago where you guys were good, you know, and everything was fine, but you wouldn't got von Miller because you're like, he's there, and he's Von Miller, and let's take a swing at it. And now Miles Garrett sits there and the Cleveland says they're not going to trade him.
Speaker 2: Maybe they will, maybe they won't.
Speaker 1: Do you how do you ask, how do you look at the front office and how do you look at Big Baller Bean and McDermott and all that. Do you think that they have it in him? Have it in them to go and get a fish this big? What do you think the temperature is on that?
Speaker 5: I well, well, knowing Big Baller Bean, his name is Big Baller Bean for a reason. You know, TV just got the Big Baller, you know, like, But I think with knowing the ownership, knowing the Pagoula is knowing McDermott, knowing Bean, knowing the team, knowing the ages of Josh, the ages of Me, the ages of the the dynamic of our team. They understand what's going on. And you know, I don't ever want to take shots at the at the big dogs, but you know, the big dogs gotta they gotta move that.
Speaker 2: They got to.
Speaker 5: Move that chessboard around and repaint those pictures in a sense of you know, restructuring and figuring out how we can figure out where we can have a little bit more you know, confetti to pay because when it comes down to it. It's it's a it sucks, but it's a money game of how you play it, and you know, restructure, you know, pull some of that out, do this, do that, or have a conversation with one of the guys and be like, you know it's never been been done, trust me or this and that or.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: We were you're one of us, and you know, believe in us and we can help you out.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that somebody got to make some magic happen, some Houdini tricks, some contract tricks, and you know, I'm willing for them to, you know, go in my book and you know, play with a little and bit of things. And I want the guy with us. I want to win. Josh wants to win. The guys want to win. And you know, I'm my own speaker for saying that I want Miles.
Speaker 2: But I want Miles with us.
Speaker 5: But like I play against the guy, I know what type of character he is, I know what type of player he is. I know the type of fear he brings on the football field. And with a team that we have, if you have a couple of extra star pieces, like that. I'm telling you it's a drastic game changer. And then the guys in the room are going to get better, and then the guys on the office side are going to get better. All the tackles, Spencer, me, the younger guys, they're gonna get better. They're going to go against him. I'm going to go against him. I'm in year nine, and I can get drastically better from having somebody and like that, which I already get better with Vonn and AJ and Greg. I'm getting better with these guys that we have, but with something and like that, Bro, Like that's like going from a from a bends to a Bentley. Like that's like you know what I'm saying, MERCEDI storing.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you this too, dude. I don't care how good a defensive line is. I promise you everyone will welcome Miles Garrett to their football team. I mean, I really believe that a couple of things, and you know better than I do, But I think the first thing they need to do is extend James Cook.
Speaker 9: I really do.
Speaker 10: I think it was a great player on your feet ball team year go sixteen touchdowns, what was phenomenal?
Speaker 9: Tied for the league best.
Speaker 10: Another thing I think they need to do is go out and get another wide receiver type one player. But I love that they extended Khalil Shakur. I think he's a very good football player. But there's some players in free agency right now, Davonte Adams, right, Chris Godwin, some of those guys that I think Josh would love to have to throw to and just add some room or add some more players to that room.
Speaker 9: And then the final thing for me is change nothing. I really believe that.
Speaker 10: And I think that if you guys were regressing and weren't making the playoffs and things were going the wrong way, then I'd say, Okay, now you need to take a step back and look at this at a bigger scale. Two of the last five years you've been to the AFC Championship. You've lost both of those. That's fine, okay, but we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 11: Still.
Speaker 10: It's not like we're regressing. So I really don't think you changed much. You just go back, dush yourself off, and make another run at it. Because I really do like the team that you guys have. Love Josh Allen.
Speaker 9: I think he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 10: And I really do think this, and I'm not saying this because Dion's heering he's bigger than me. I think the Bills won it all next year, and this is our early I like that on record prediction. I really do think you guys get over that hump next year and then win the Super Bowl Special.
Speaker 7: And I'm with you if you sign Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: That means you don't have to block him talk about it.
Speaker 7: There you go see it's out there too, and I'm with him. I wouldn't change a single thing. And I wonder what it's like for you to watch Josh Allen on tape because I saw him live when you guys came to LA and my jaw just dropped. I have not seen a guy that big, that fast, that could like play rugby and then throw for touchdown the field for touchdowns amazing. So that's got to be crazy to watch on Mondays as well. But I would say this about you, by the way, are those bruised fingernails or painted?
Speaker 2: These are painted? Are you painted? These are culture painted? Culture painted?
Speaker 5: This is this is I have daughters, and my daughters want to paint my nails yes, so instead they go with me to get him done the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that, because when the.
Speaker 3: Daughters get involved in painting, you're like, this doesn't look great. It's smart, you get a bonding experience, but it looks good.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 7: I was completely distracted by the fingernails. And number two, there's a field right there. We can go do something.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting for you to grab your I know you got your pads.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you that you get you with those nineties moves. Respect the I respect the old heads.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I will crush you right in your ship, your ship. I will crush you, man, you will you. You have never witnessed the ice pick move that I do. Look, you'll be face down talking about how many pushups were supposed to do like that.
Speaker 7: Have you never heard of a lookout block?
Speaker 2: Look at me? Look out.
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 10: Okay, we've been getting along great this week. I'm an offensive guy that you're going.
Speaker 4: To stand behind showman.
Speaker 3: All right, that cross door opens, we're gonna get out there this hour. We're totally rewracking the entire show, and production loves it for us. One thing I loved about your team and for you guys this season was there was so much obsession over oh no, Stephan Diggs left, Oh there goes Gabe Davis. But then you got Mac Collins, and you've got Cleai Shakir and you got James Cook coming out of the backfield. You must love that saying those guys' names, even the ones that are on your team, working within this offense.
Speaker 4: That brings a smile to your face.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, because everybody in the league that's in the league, that is in a position to be on the field, is in that position for a reason. And you know, like Khalil obviously just showed why he's in that position and why he was in that position. He just got paid and he's a consistent receiver. You know, some quarterbacks, some receivers need a different connection to make a spark. Mac Collins, you know, he's had a little career and he comes to the Buffalo. He has a spark and you know sometimes you need that. And like what he said earlier, like we don't have to change anything. No could be because we really don't. We have every piece that we do need. But you know, my analogy with being in the building, you know, if you have a car sometimes you might want a pair of rims just to spark it up, you know.
Speaker 2: And that roster fear is a real thing. It's a real thing.
Speaker 5: If all that pressure can take away from Vaughn, maybe Vaughan could be Von Vaughan, like who knows, maybe Ed could be ed Ed. Maybe somebody could have just a little bit less stress off of their back, which is one sack more or one tackle for loss more. And maybe sometimes that's all you need. And I agree, I agree, yes, in our room, in the receiver room, yes, it happens.
Speaker 2: It flew.
Speaker 5: Josh got his guys. They connected and it worked. It comes from a relationship from the quarterbacks to the receivers, and the receivers to the quarterbacks and the rest of the world. But those guys did it, and they figured it out. They figured out the paying, and they started payting that brush.
Speaker 1: Well, We've had a lot going on in this segment, guys. I'm pleased to tell everyone this. We have now heard from the eighty ninth pick in the twenty twenty two NFL Draft to Rel Bernard messaged me he is watching. He loved the announcement that we made about his contract extension, and he appreciates all of us here on the show for doing him properly, especially Dion. Drel Bernard is having to day Dion, there is one thing we have to address, and we're gonna do it in the next segment.
Speaker 2: But TB got paid.
Speaker 1: There is this guy right here, number four with the scepter, and I know that he has been very productive and very talkative about also wanting to get paid. So we'll get thoughts on James Cook and we also love But Dion, you're the man right here, and let's keep the show going, Jamie.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna because we have free agency for each Frenzy to discuss on all next week on NFL Network.
Speaker 4: And also we are working.
Speaker 3: Actively to get that garage door open so we can get these guys working some drills outside. All right, are some of these stars that you're seeing.
Speaker 4: On the screen right now?
Speaker 3: Are they gonna stay with their current teams or find new homes in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be all over this next week.
Speaker 3: We are on the doorstep of free agency Frenzy eight hours of live coverage starting Monday, March tenth, ten am Eastern on NFL Network and streaming on NFL plus.
Speaker 4: You do not qualify though, if you are H. L. Bernard and you are a homegrown guy.
Speaker 3: And you get four years extension with your team. Deon Dowkins, you're with us the entire hour.
Speaker 4: You've committed.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 4: He's locked in.
Speaker 3: He's not moving except for to get up and do the drills against a Marco Parr. We got to talk Saqua Barkley. We got to talk James Cook. We have a lot to discuss with this offensive lineman number one in our hearts. We friend of our show and now Dean Dawkins in studio. Kyle, you are a happy man, although I know you're having major film.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Now, where are those Oakley goggles? Look at those things? Those are stretched to the limit. Man. All right, we'll get into it plus.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: You know Lamar, he's got a couple of MVPs. You know his name, you know his game.
Speaker 1: Who is more likely to get to the Super Bowl next year?
Speaker 9: Is it Lamar?
Speaker 1: Or is it the raining MVP Josh Allen teammate at Deon Dawkins.
Speaker 2: We'll fight about it after this.
Speaker 11: Don't go anywhere, good mom.
Speaker 12: The year that he had and I still think he's just scratching the surface really where he's headed. Not as an athlete, he's a much much better from when I got here, not only his diligence, but the coaches throwing the football, progressing, or you know, all those things that he always knew he was capable of. But now it's really starting to come around, if that makes sense, and we try to do whatever we can to help facilitate that, all right.
Speaker 3: You know the story a couple of years back, Todd Munkin, after an illustrious career in both college and the NFL, he lands in Baltimore become the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Now since twenty twenty two, and.
Speaker 3: Lamar Jackson has been quarterbacking this Todd Monkin offense. The things have taken off. Lamar has MVP quality seasons. It's been a couple of years. Everyone has settled in and it started to work, especially when you have Derreck Henry coming out of the backfield as well.
Speaker 4: So you hear that a two.
Speaker 3: Time MVP Lamar Jackson is just scratching the surface from his offensive coordinator, Dion. I know you are paid and you are in your heart you speak the truth that you love. Josh Allen and that is the man in your best buddy and you protect him at all costs. However, can you appreciate what Lamar Jackson brings to the table and the impact that he has on their offense within the AFC.
Speaker 5: In the NFL, I would say yes, I'm very appreciative of the art of football and that guy is art okay, and what he does is play football. I would say, man like, with being out there and watching him do what he does, it's like, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: It is. It is literally incredible.
Speaker 5: It could have went either way, as the world knows, it could have went either way. And he is a consistent bass player where you're gonna like, you're gonna get exactly what you know from him plus more plus some plus everything that he has every play and guys want to play with him, and that's a big deal too. Guys want to play with him, which means that their team always has the opportunity to get better. And when watching Lamar run around, knowing where he's come from, knowing what he's been through, knowing what like what he's battled against, you know, guys wanted him to like they They never thought that he was a quarterback. They thought that he was a receiver and he was like and then he showed the world and he continues to show the world. And as a left tackle with protecting these guys. I'm an advocate, you know, for the art. I'm an advocate for the arts the moment, I like the r.
Speaker 1: I'm also an advocate for full disclosure of fair and balance conversation and Dion like, we know this really well. Everyone's always very sensitive about Lamar in the media, whatever show, whatever tweet you put out there, it's positive negatives. People love him so much, is very sensitive. I have to put this out there if we're talking about him scratching the surface versus Josh Allen. Lamar does not play his best football in the playoffs. I'm not saying he's terrible. I'm not saying he blows. It's none of that stuff. He does not play at his A level in the playoffs. And it's not just a one year thing. I'd be like, the biggest difference between Lamar and Josh is that, due respect, each of them come up short of their goal each year.
Speaker 2: But the response when you guys.
Speaker 1: Lose in the playoffs the next day is never Josh blew it Josh through the interception. It's always like, holy crap, Josh was incredible and somehow they still couldn't win with the Ravens. It is often about Lamar that he did not have his best game, including this year.
Speaker 2: It was just there.
Speaker 1: He didn't play terrible, but he wasn't like I'm going to do anything I can and then you guys.
Speaker 2: Let me down. It's he made some mistakes. It happens there.
Speaker 1: So how do you see the two of them as a teammate of Josh, but also if you can step back as an observer, Josh in the playoffs, Lamar in the playoffs to me, their difference and that that's been proven over the years.
Speaker 2: How do you see him? Man, Kyle, that is a great question. How do I see those guys?
Speaker 5: With no disrespect intended, But you know, it's a conversation where one of the guys that we're talking about is my quarterback. So when you hear what I'm saying, understand that Josh is my quarterback and he's forever the head guy. But when it comes down to both of them, I think what it comes down to its are we.
Speaker 2: Playing with more style points?
Speaker 5: Are we playing to the core of x'es and o's of what we have to do. Lamar is a very highlight type of player, where something is always going to be a flip the ball and then a spin move and a juke move and a run around and oh he beat that tackler and then he jumped. You know, Josh can literally, you know, sit there and take his progression and this ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. I don't see that when it comes to Lamar, you know, like, it's just not it, it's just not style.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's yeah, And I mean Lamar is one of one.
Speaker 9: He really is. Josh is one of one.
Speaker 10: I agree with that Lamar is one of the best athletes in the NFL, not only right now, but probably ever right and that's not just as a quarterback. That says the NFL as a totality, but I just I agree with what Munkin said. You know, we've always known he's so explosive as a runner. He can take off and hurt you with his legs. We've always known that, and he's always been an efficient passer. But I really feel like he's developing as a thrower. He's he's perfecting his craft when it comes to going through progression and being a quarterback and sitting in the pocket and going through reads. And I do think he's only starting to get better in that aspect. Forty one hundred yards, forty one touchdowns, only four interceptions. That is an unbelievable stat.
Speaker 9: Line, right.
Speaker 10: And the other thing that Monkin said that I love, and I've said this for a long time.
Speaker 9: Is he's always so calm, cool and collected.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 10: He always is two or three steps ahead of what his next move is going to be, never gets too rattled, he never lets the moment get too big for him.
Speaker 9: He's just so well thought out.
Speaker 10: And I told this, or I've said this all week, Kyle, about a guy that knows when it's time to be Superman and when it's time to throw it away and be Clark Kent Lamar Jackson is a definition of that. You know, forty one touchdowns, only foreignerceptions. He protected football. I know there were some mumbles last year, and when he does try to do too much, sometimes he'll put the ball on the ground, But overall, I love the way he's playing. I agree, I think he's scratching the surface.
Speaker 9: He's getting better. Whatever you want to call it. He's going to continue to improve.
Speaker 10: He's still a young player, and I think the future in Baltimore is very bright.
Speaker 7: That's absolutely scary. If he's just scratching the surface. And don't you laugh at me, because these these glasses. You're heading this way too, you have no chance.
Speaker 9: So you look at you.
Speaker 2: He has no chance. To me, you have no chance. Man.
Speaker 7: We both play in the same conference. That's the shame of it. So you have to go through the other guy to get to.
Speaker 2: Where you want to go.
Speaker 7: And you're all still chasing Mahomes. So there's a lot there in the AFC. If I had the Parson down, and I wouldn't mind picking second. If I had to pick a quarterback between the two guys, pick a second, I don't care. I still get a great quarterback. So I'll go this way twenty to twenty. I'll take your guy too much. Feel to the fan, the guy can do just about anything. Twenty and in I'd probably take Lamar for the opposite reason. Not enough field, one mistake, touchdown, we lose. So either way, you get a great quarterback. Special guys, it's gonna be a battle, it's gonna be a race.
Speaker 11: To the end.
Speaker 7: You know this, You're gonna have to outlast the other guy and also try to outlast what they're doing in Kansas City. Fun. This is why we play the game. But if you want to be great, you want to be a mortal, you got to break through.
Speaker 4: That was really well said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he knows what. I grew up in a time where we didn't have music at practice. So let's go, Kyle.
Speaker 4: The intensity at this table is ramping up. Can you please get it here in be Switzerland or something?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm gonna. I'm not gonna be Switzerland. I'm gonna I'm gonna be aggressive, and we're not gonna bring Diana into the table and not let him show all his feathers. Dian, I'm gonna put you through an exercise. We do here in the media all the time. So big four quarterbacks, okay, Josh Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar, We talk about them like that all the time. Those are the four guys in the FC this coming season, like twenty twenty five. You gotta win a big game. Rank them, Josh Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar.
Speaker 2: I can tell you mine, but I want to let you go.
Speaker 5: First day Josh Mahomes. You have to win a big game. I'm going with Josh. I'm never Josh, It's Josh. I think the next I would say Mahomes, and then after that I would say Lamar and then Burrow.
Speaker 2: And I think even Burrow and Lamar can sit.
Speaker 5: Side by side. Like, I don't want to put it in four. It could be one two, three, three three A three B.
Speaker 2: You still got Mahomes over them after last year. Come on. Of course, of course.
Speaker 4: You're going to match the exercise.
Speaker 2: Of course I wins.
Speaker 1: He's I went Josh, Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar.
Speaker 2: I had Burrow first. Yeah, White, what you say?
Speaker 5: He's trying to get murdered in a one on one? If you are sitting here, Kyle, what's your humis? He is is eyeing me like he really wants to get.
Speaker 2: Out of you. I gotta do this.
Speaker 5: I understand what's going on. But he does not want the sauce. I respect the Orgies. He's trying to touch the grave. Early man, you live a great life. He wants to touch the grade. It's beautiful. It's in California. The palm trees is here, and he want to go touch the grade.
Speaker 7: Don't sniff it, don't don't leave at it.
Speaker 2: Why are you winking at it? Man? Leave it alone. It's over there. You know it's alloween trying to touch the tolbsto.
Speaker 10: Good too, man, They only ask you. You miss playing football? I miss being around guy.
Speaker 3: I know, right, Dion Dawkins, everybody, We're we're hanging out with the Bill tackle today. We I think apparently we're going outside and DeMarco far do you doctors are gonna do it? Mike, you'r a follow Please provide some relief to the table.
Speaker 4: Our NFL network insider are joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: News from the Lions from Detroit.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's go to the NFC. Mike, what you got?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This is a fun one.
Speaker 6: Derek Barnes, who was limited to three games last year the linebacker for the Lions because of a knee injury, agrees to an extension in Detroit. He was slated to be a free agent, but the Lions, showing the faith that they have in Barnes despite that knee injury, three years, twenty five point five million dollars with sixteen million guaranteed. This, according to me and Ian Rappaport, a deal done by the Firm Sports Stars in New York, which also did the Terrell Bernard deal that Kyle broke earlier in the show. So good morning for the Firm Sports Stars, and a good morning for Derek Barnes if you remember him. Andrew Whitworth that speech at NFL honors a couple of years ago when he won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award, was talking about Derek Barnes, whom he met as a young kid. Barnes telling Whitworth, I made it, big Wit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well now he.
Speaker 9: Really made it.
Speaker 6: Twenty five point five million dollars. Congrats to Derek Barnes. Meanwhile, Trey Henderson is looking for more money. The Bengals pass rusher, who led the league in sacks, has been given permission to seek a trade because the Bengals have a bunch of d that they need to do at the receiver position and elsewhere.
Speaker 7: Jamar Esen t Higgins.
Speaker 6: So Hendrickson, who was looking for a payday in line with let's say Max Crosby, who just got thirty five million dollars per year. Hendrickson right now slated to make sixteen million in the final year of his deal.
Speaker 4: So it's looking like he is going to get the chance to move on.
Speaker 6: A team is going to have to give up draft pick compensation as well as monetary competition to Hendrickson. One more news item we want to give to you right now. Mitch Morse, the center for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He announces his retirement after ten years in the NFL. He made one Pro Bowl back in twenty twenty two, but certainly was an excellent center for the Bills, the Chiefs, and the Jaguars. He walked away from some guaranteed money. He had a million and a half guaranteed for this upcoming season, so he won't collect that, but the Jaguars are not going to make him payback what he would have owed this in signing bonus allocation, which would have been more than that. So Mitch Morris walking away. Dion Dawkins, who knows Mitch Morris well, having played alongside them him in here, let's get your reaction to Mitch calling it a career after a decade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mitch's Mitch. You know, Mitch, I hate to say it, but you know the secret is out. You know the world shall know that your nickname is Mitch's body, Mitch's elbow, and Mitch's toe. You know, playing with a guy like Mitch, Mitch was just one of those humans that he was who he was every day he came to work. He was straightforward, He made his calls, he made his points, and he kept everybody on the line comfortable. And you know, as a player, I can respect that because you know, like it's very hostile in the trenches, and Mitch was one of those guys that kept it calm, and then he was one of those guys that you know, like when it was time to speak up and bark, he would bark. And Mitch was just one of those guys that you know, set the tone quietly, but also could set the tone loudly with his speed and his effort on the field was immaculate. If you have not watched, Mitch was one of the first guys to continue to be down the field to pick up the running backs, continue to be down the field to pick up the quarterbacks because we have a quarterback that is also down the yield. And as a player, we could appreciate that because you know, like when the game gets long and you're in the third quarter, the fourth quarter, you might want to take a couple of jogs back, right, And that's real, And Mitch is just one of those guys that consistently did it. And you know, as a player, I could respect that because you were one that was never selfish and you were one that was always true.
Speaker 2: But happy retirement to my boy man.
Speaker 4: You well done.
Speaker 3: Speaking of hostile in the trenches, We're going to go outside with DeMarco far and Snowman next.
Speaker 2: Good morning football.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can't stop the chatter. We have found ourselves outside SOFI Stadium behind us GMFB.
Speaker 4: This is Deion Dawkins. Who Okay, gentlemen, gentlemen, we got.
Speaker 9: Time, we got right, Jamie here give.
Speaker 3: Them James Cook okay, okay, you block for them all season long. He deserves Yeah, talk Jimbo and the fact that he deserves to get paid. Your thoughts on Jimbo and why campaign for the man? Speak right to Brandon Bean, who I'm sure is watching and nervous about. You're gonna say, don't you know Bean?
Speaker 5: You know, we know Bean, the world don't know Bean being gonna do what he gotta do. Bean loves his guys. He said it the end of the season, to everyone's face. Bean does not want to change our team. Which you said it now, I'm saying it, big Waller, Bean, get my boy, Jimbo paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyle, Okay, Kyle's gonna ask a question.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Kyle.
Speaker 2: All right, Dion, you can do it all.
Speaker 1: What we want you to do now is, Dion, I want you to do some play by play. We're going to show you fourth and inches in the title game, and I want you to talk us through this play what happens and what you think.
Speaker 2: Roll it for Dion. Just give us anything you got, oh, man, play by playing with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the ground, brother, I am on the ground snow. Could have did a little bit more.
Speaker 5: But this is our version of the touch push, if you want to call it. And this is you know, hm play by play. Okay, we're trying to.
Speaker 2: Yo. We failed man, Yo. Yeah, this hurts my feeling. Did you get it with heelings?
Speaker 5: I can't explain this, car, I can't explain this. I can't explain this. I can't explain this. It's unexplainable. Look at my butt on the ground. No, but this is the touch push. You're supposed to be on the ground. They figured out a way to get it right. You know, I had two guys over me. I'm supposed to come down, get my guy out of that gap, but I'm also getting hit, and I was anticipating getting hit. And great game planned by the Kansas City Chiefs. Hey, I gotta give it the credit.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 7: Why would you show him that right before we do football?
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, you've been talking about a business for about thirty five minutes.
Speaker 4: What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: We're lying?
Speaker 7: Look ready, just put the ball.
Speaker 4: Of thewhere what would were you doing in the situations?
Speaker 2: Drill so so realistically?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess you're playing what d N what you're playing?
Speaker 9: Playing?
Speaker 7: Whoop your ass?
Speaker 2: He's a quarterback, that's what I'm back.
Speaker 10: He actually get he's well left tackle though, so let me get over here.
Speaker 9: Over here, I need his right stands. He wants to get to QB one.
Speaker 10: I'm going first sound, I'm going first out, all right, first sound, first sound, first sound, Watch out, Jamie.
Speaker 9: Look so look I'll be under here. I'll be under I'll be under under you.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 9: Come on, first out, first sound.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop.
Speaker 10: Here, I'm gone now I'm going.
Speaker 9: I'm gone and Jamie's helping both.
Speaker 2: Oh mants so scared.
Speaker 10: Let's do the Marco made a business decision.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 5: I'm so proud of I'm so fun of it.
Speaker 10: I was I'm not gonna lie. I got a little because I've known DeMarco. He's very competitive. I've known for a week now. I was worried he was gonna and I know, I know Dion's not gonna take it, not gonna get beat, and.
Speaker 9: He's too competitive.
Speaker 3: You want to just take a minute and and just speak fondly of this man in his skill set, of what he means, the position that he plays.
Speaker 2: I don't have pads.
Speaker 7: I can't protect myself.
Speaker 2: He's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if I come off and try, I'm going through the graveyard. Great player. More to come get over the hump, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: From this today, he's my favorite guy, A little respect respectful.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm curious. I'm curious a little though. So what's the off season?
Speaker 10: Take some people through it a little bit from this point on to you go back and report for TIS.
Speaker 9: What are you doing right now getting ready for the next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So work fun, work fund, work fund, work fun.
Speaker 5: My fun I drift cars and really I like to and I like to be here with you guys.
Speaker 2: That's my fun. My family is fun.
Speaker 5: But my workouts are walking, I lift, and I box.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh great.
Speaker 5: Boxing has become one of my biggest tools because if you've noticed with my with my ice pick, move that and I do, everything is all timing, Everything is all where their hands are at and I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I'm basically like this the whole game. So if they put their long rum out instead of jabbing, I am smarting.
Speaker 5: So I'm keeping guys off of my body because it's a physical game, like you have to figure out a way not to get hit right and just like boxes, you have to figure away away not to get hit in the face. Floyd has mastered I'm trying to master it. So I walk six miles a day. Me and my guys are nest though Tony Andy even day day.
Speaker 2: We walk.
Speaker 5: We walk every day and that has been one of the biggest tools as well, outside of boxing.
Speaker 2: And then we lift, we lift weights and then we have fun.
Speaker 4: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's a good balance.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel with my ice for when I'm hosting the show. I'm like, Kyle, like constantly with the handstock. Kyle, what do you got.
Speaker 1: You're talking about walking miles? What about somebody walking down the aisle? You're going any weddings this offseason.
Speaker 5: Kyle, You're you're one of a conan one of a con.
Speaker 2: Josh is one of those guys.
Speaker 5: And he's you know, he's stealed that new and soon to come May thirty first.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's happening, that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: He was at his bachelor party this week. Brother, did you participate any the bachelor party of pestivities?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 5: Okay, bachelor party, god, bachelor party god, you know what, you know what.
Speaker 10: I'm upset that we only had him for one out here. I don't know which you could sit out.
Speaker 3: Yahn splay out wide like you would if you were Mac Collins.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna make your shoes come out. You're to catch a ball from.
Speaker 10: Uh just walk though, Okay, yeah, hey walk and I'm lobbing it right away, first round that day.
Speaker 5: Less over toy.
Speaker 2: He can do it all.
Speaker 13: Oh he does ye, MFB Cody Kessley, Cody.
Speaker 2: And I know you're killing it in La now. We're excited to have you on Good Morning Football.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I appreciate it. Here I've been know you got twenty bucks there for that. This is called two lies and a truth. The correct answer is seen.
Speaker 10: Sorry, I want saved Bryan from a crowd of people, and you always want to pivot and push third.
Speaker 5: At nine, Kessler toush up set football clubs Moss.
Speaker 2: He has it the rookie mistakes.
Speaker 10: We are focused on one word and one word only, and that is redemp shit Kessler to.
Speaker 5: The end Zo for prior leap and grab back of the end zone touchdown Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Very guy, you got a little love there, right, Cody.
Speaker 6: I saw that Kenny Chesney's playing the Spear in Vegas in a couple of months.
Speaker 2: If you can help me up with just a ticket.
Speaker 9: Kenny Chesney went and saw him at the Rosebull.
Speaker 10: His manager texta the next day and said, Kenny was wondering if he could have your number to text you.
Speaker 4: You win, Okay with the story.
Speaker 3: That's it, That's all we care about, all little for Cody Kessler. This guy, this guy, now listen before we do this segment. Tomarco far you are a TV veteran, okay, so we see you all over the place. We love you and we love your week that you've given us.
Speaker 4: This is this man's first two weeks of live television. Ten shows were so Cody. We made you a little gift. We got you a rookie card.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we put stats on the back and everything. I have it but right here in my pocket, like a real live card that we're gonna have your side.
Speaker 4: But here you go.
Speaker 3: Let's walk through this stay and days and studio nine hoodies warn okay, one missproduction call. But what my favorite part is your wife the scouting report you look Jeff?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so well done, Cody.
Speaker 3: How are your first ten days on live TV with gmfbing?
Speaker 4: Can I get your autography?
Speaker 9: It was awesome.
Speaker 10: Maybe you know I'm probably worth nothing, but yeah, no, it was awesome. You guys have been absolutely amazing, everyone behind the scenes of producers, Bill, Chris, Gina and everybody behind the scenes.
Speaker 9: You guys have been absolutely amazing. All the co hosts.
Speaker 10: I've got to meet a ton of people, Jamie, Peter Kyle, you guys have been absolutely made so I've had a blast.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for everything. I feel like it's like the last day of school. Vibes.
Speaker 10: I feel like I've been here, like I've been here for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Summer, have a good ye, don't you join us?
Speaker 4: Love you, Love you so much, DeMarco, you're the man.
Speaker 2: Schnowman.
Speaker 1: We know you love.
Speaker 3: Celebrating at QB. So shnowman, thank you for the hour. All right, you're the best dance man. Oh no, don't hurt him