Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Twirld, a podcast to begin with Dancing with the Stars, wandered through castles, survived beaches, and spend an entire season debating the social hierarchy of cocktail parties. Along the way, Will and I riffed on what I thought was a hypothetical observation, maybe arranged marriage isn't the worst idea, and apparently our producers were listening. So now we're watching Married at First Sight season twenty, a show where complete strangers meet at the altar, say I do, and only then begin the awkward process of discovering whether they have anything whatsoever in common. We are Wilfordell, who loves love and believes marriage should be about the marriage and not the wedding, and Ryder Strong, who loves love and made one observation about arranged marriage and is now being forced to defend it for an entire television season. Join us as experts, therapists, family members, and bleat strangers all attempt the oldest social experiment in human history with confessionals. This is Pod meets twirled All or Nothing. I will, Hi Rider, how's it going? It's good? But I'm I'm I'm I missed the.
Speaker 2: Original intro to the to the show, which you've not gotten a chance to get.
Speaker 1: Wait, so original intro to what show?
Speaker 3: To Meredith first Sight, there used to be a song It's all.
Speaker 1: In nothing, It's allid nothing.
Speaker 2: And it became a big on running joke in my house because the first time we heard it, Sue thought they were.
Speaker 1: Saying so many penguins. So we still to this day walked around going so many a pang, that's a whole different shoice's wait a minute, but nothing. That does not sound anything like it, but it does the way it trails of many peg. Okay, well that's what we should have called this whole season. Then we should have called this show so many penguins. That's like trap your smokeing that's going up there, that's now part of our show. It is so I missing the original open open pod swirled so many pegs? Man, how you feeling about Meredith First Sight as we am digging it? I think the only show I haven't been able to get into for our entire journey so far is in this City this I'm in hook line and Sinker once again with the show I've seen it before.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 1: So this show to me in some ways, you know, it's it's it's less manipulative in terms of its presentation. It's much more sort of like I would say, like documentary film style, Like it's sort of like more neutral. You feel like the producers and everybody are just sort of a little more removed and letting people kind of just be and letting awkward moments kind of stay awkward and ambiguous, like I'm not always sure what exactly has happened. We'll get into it, but like the end of this second episode, I was a little like, what exactly is happening? And they don't quite answer it. They don't know push you and I I think that's incredibly that. I like that that. I think you've got a better film making, better storytelling. It is making me more awkward, Like my heart is kind of racing, Like at times I'm like, oh, right, that's in the city. Yeah, I don't know, man, I yeah, in the city. I guess I was sort of more prepared for it to be feel more fan manufactured, and I felt like the people kind of knew what they were getting into. In this case, the stakes are real. These people want to get married. Yeah, I legally do, and legally do I. I'm staying with a friend in Chicago right now. I'm on my road trip across I'm staying with a friend who when I said what I was coming in this room to record, she was like, oh my god. And apparently they had a friend who was asked. He went through the process, got into onto married at first sight and turned it down because he got and I was like, wait, so he didn't get picked, and they were like, no, he got picked. He just once he realized how real it was because he hadn't watched the show I get so he was like he's hold a blog. Yeah, because he was like, no, this is like real marriage. I can't do that. He thought it was going to be a sort of hokey and I was like, no, it that's the thing. Yeah, it's a little married. It's an arranged marriage. You are married. Yeah, this is you know.
Speaker 2: And and there's there's It's funny because there's times where I remember hearing seasons past and I'm sure we're gonna hear it a lot this season coming up to when people start to hit different potholes or whatever, you hear, you keep hearing the same three words over and over again.
Speaker 1: Trust the process, Trust the process. Really yes to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah or or or they're the experts, quote unquote, say it to them like, there's a reason we put you together. There's a reason that you were chosen to do this. Trust the process, Trust the process. So I'm interested to see how it's gonna work out this season because I've already got my favorites and someone I'm like, you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, Well, second episode we are back with Marissa and Adam in that moment of yeah, you were but totally wrong. It also wasn't as big of a deal as they, of course made it out to me, which was when they showed them ending the last episode with I Know Him, it was sort of like, oh, God, do these does this couple have a history? Is not going to be good. Turns out they they did have a history, but it's that they hit on each other, that he hit on her at a bar and got her number, got her number, and then they never actually went on a dator, but they both remembered each other as which I did find interesting. It was like there was still this immediate connection. They never played, they never followed through with it. But anyway, so yeah, so they hadn't talked for under a minute, and then we get to their little vowel speeches moments, and she says she talks about being raised by a strong mom and kindness and showed up for each other, and Adam dreud To Forbes says, vibe in to the mes. Vibe into this guy. He's such a douche. I'm almost starting to like him. Does that make sense, because it's because it kind of purely himself, Like it's it's yeah, I know, he's entertaining for sure.
Speaker 2: Affected it's like everything it feels like, you know, you know, he does it later forever, episode after episode, just ripping the jet skis, and I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, so weird in some ways a guy like this, I'm always like I kind of wish I had a little of that confidence, you know, like he just goes through the world. He goes through the world thinking he's figured it all out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he's doing it right with.
Speaker 1: Six five a gentleman on scholar six five, And that's like, you know, I mean, yeah, it's insufferable. But also, you know, and I always wonder about this, like how much delusion is good. How much delusion is good? Because you know, I've gone through periods of my life crippled by self doubt and anxiety, and then you look back on those times, you're like, what were you worried about? Dude? You shouldn't have been that insecure or whatever. Right, So, in some way, I think you just go and find the vast majority of.
Speaker 2: Women, and I'm gonna I know nothing of women. I know nothing of the dating world.
Speaker 1: However, I found with my single friends whoever the height. Wait, none of that stuff matters as nearly as much as when you ask a woman what she wants. And one of the things they keep talking around is confidence. Confidence women want a guy walks into the room, and its attraction. Yeah, I just think it's attraction, Like I just think when somebody is themselves right where they are confident, But I do think he takes it's a disperge you and it's but it's those things. If you like those things, if you like healthy, eating, jet skis and yeah, really long piano.
Speaker 2: Playing, really long piano soliloquies. That was my favorite Siva show I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it. Well, they they talk about the fact that he had a tank on when he hit on her, and he calls it this is he does say that's cringey. He talks about himself being a little cringey at that moment.
Speaker 2: Meaning a tank top, right, Yeah, that was he said, was a little bit bar and he was a little bit It was almost like a crop tank top at a bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but that's his vibe. Man, He's like jumping off the jet ski to go get it. Okay, So are sooner a picture.
Speaker 2: It's twelve thirty in the afternoon, he's been he's been jet skiing, and he stopped at some local bar to grab something to eat and he met her. Because that's different than wearing a tank top at eleven o'clock at night at a dance club.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Where are they? Do we know where?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in Seattle, Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, don't. You're not wearing a tank top in midnight and Seattle in Florida or something, I'd be like, yeah, that's what I'm time of year in Seattle where you can do it at night. So yeah, it's probably during the day.
Speaker 2: It's probably during Give him the benefit of the down, Give him the benefit of the Douche.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's my your favorite site? All right? There is a traction here. They start talking and I feel like she's clearly playing along, and she's like I loved your gifts, like did you Yeah? But then she's like, uh, pickleball. I love pickleball. Now I do. Now I'm like, Okay, she's trying. She's trying. Yeah, And she even tries to the extent where she downplays her own reading because he's like your book. I was like, whoa, are you one of those people who like reads all day? And she's like I know, oh no. But then he says I don't drink, and you can see her kind of like take that moment of like, oh, that's like the one moment where she's not going to play it off. Yeah funny, Yeah, it seems like she might drink. She might drink, yeah, or it's just her so you know. I feel like her social life is built around, yeah, having drinks with friends. We talked about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you should stop taking shots of fireball directly from the plastic things at a certain age in your life. I mean, guy, girl, whatever, if you're still housing fireball directly from the gas station. Then yeah, there's there's there might be an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know exactly, Like it's cinnamon flavored, right, that's yeah, exactly, it's made. It's made to drink at nineteen, Like my high school graduation night, we drank Goldschlager. Oh god, we wanted to find gold schlager. We couldn't. So what we found was like a gold Schlager imitation. No braunchlogger, fools gold it was. It was like, uh it was. It was a cinnamon flavored liqueur that had red crystals in it, like red. It basically tasted like what's the cinnamon gum? Oh, it tastes like bigger red as alcohol. Definitely vomited that night. Yeah, graduating from high school. Yeah all right. Well, then they talk about the family thing, and he is dismissive of his entire family, which we've already kind of established, which is, I don't take a good look kutzu Torrian. Felipe Macy gives a speech. Her sister says she wants a husband who will take care of her sister the way that she is taking care of her, which is really nice, and Jeremy gets up. Felipe's friend starts teasing Felipe for his ego, then gets real says he's always having the most fun, and you know, it seems like Felipe's beloved kind of kind of dig in this couple. Oh they're great, they're great. They're one of my favorites. They really are. They got a shot yep. And then his sister gets up and says, thought this day would never come. And then we hear Felipe's very loud laugh for the really I think the first time, and she makes a joke if you could put up with his dance moves and his laughter, which I totally I was like, oh, he's got one of those big laughs, which is like a love it or hate it kind of moment, you know, like, yeah, I'm somebody who loves people's big laughs. I need to tell her how Dune your laugh is, how it's one of those things. Have I told you the story about Alex and her laugh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So there's this. I definitely told you the story. You probably just don't remember because I think I told it on the podcast. But there's a My wife is a very big laugh. She's a big laugh for it. She's a very high pitched laugh and they like me, some would say a cackle, and there was a there was a the comedy duo garfunklnd oates. They're like a singer. It's right, they're famous. They're they're both become famous actor. I'm blanking on both their names. But anyway, they used to just do this comedy duo where they would sing comedy songs. And there's a YouTube video of them. We were at this concert when we first saw them, and then we found the YouTube video like two years later of the concert we were at, and you can hear Alex above the audience the whole time. And sure enough, like one of the first comments on the YouTube video was like, they're really funny, but that lady's laugh is driving me.
Speaker 5: But I love it.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love a big laugh. I think when people are free to laugh, it's just impressive. Like that also has a guy who likes to make people laugh. You love being able to hear those sharp laughs. And we remember the laughs of all of our writers, like we know the specific last Yeah, we remember our writers laughs. And I think the more distinct the better. Actually agreed, it's mecha and logic talking. Yeah, he's a big personality. Man, This guy logic, Yeah, and he immediately is like backtracking on the cheek thing, like with his yeah, well I think he didn't. I think he's trying to. They just kept bringing it.
Speaker 2: Up too, and it was like I was hoping that this was a producer's just edit, where really there was three conversations that took place the entire night that kind of brushed slightly on the cheek thing, but they edited together to make it look bigger than it was because they dwelled on this a lot, where it's like, well, what did you think of that?
Speaker 1: What do you think? It's like, Okay, I think he's just the dad is just one of those guys who just says whatever's funniest in the moment. Yeah, I think because he just is such a big personality to a detriment, I think I agree. I was kind of like, dude, you're you're this is your son's day.
Speaker 2: No, it's logic. Stay, there's a camera around and he wants to be on TV. Yeah that's what it came out. That's what it came come out to.
Speaker 1: To me. It seems like yeah, yeah, all right, Well then we're introduced to Courtney and Nick. We get to see this couple. We had met her, we'd met both of them briefly in the first episode, but now we get into their story. Courtney is a bodybuilder from a family of bodybuilders, which I've never even heard of. Such a thing. I need her mom, she shredded. But then I love that she doesn't want a bodybuilder because she doesn't want the ego. Right. She's fascinating that she knows that about bodybuilders, and yet she has won herself or has been one. But she does want somebody who's athletic at least plays the sport. Cut to Nick, who played lacrosse and then went to m I T which is impressive.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then she does this thing where she she says she wants to lists of she wants somebody who still drinks, isn't gonna make her wear a turtleneck and celebrates Christmas, but isn't going to go to church every Sunday. I just love how uniquely specific this is. I think she's right on, like, this is a good list to have. I'm not sure what the turtleneck thing means, how did you inter I.
Speaker 2: Think I think what it means is essentially isn't doesn't want to is secure enough in their relationship that she can kind of dress how she wants and it's not gonna be like, hey, put on put on more respectable clothes than that.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna go out, that's all okay, Like she could be a little free with her Like, yeah, okay, I thought maybe just she thought like turtle next meant that you were like stuffy and reserved and like, which is kind of the same thing. But yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: It's more like it allows me to be me and knows it is secure enough to know I'm coming home with you, So if I want to dress a little sexy, it's for you, not for.
Speaker 1: Everybody else in them. Okay, cool, that's kind of what I took from that. Okay, cool, I like that interpretation, all right. Then they have this whole like she wants him to be political conversation, She wants him to be conservative, she doesn't want to date a liberal. But then of course she kind of makes this like she's economically conservative, but women ever write to choose, so they're trying to nail this down. He claims that he's mostly conservative but has liberal views, But then when the producers ask him to name one issue.
Speaker 2: I can't now, so I don't know if he's just math related.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't think I thought maybe he was just being coy and he didn't want to like say anything. I think in this I think, in the climate that we live in right now, you say one wrong, weird thing politically, and all of a sudden half the country instantly hate it.
Speaker 2: So I know you think he was holding back or do you think? Oh, I think you have to in this day and age. I'm amazed she even says she wants to date a conservative.
Speaker 1: But it does seem like an important conversation.
Speaker 2: It's a huge important But how much you're going to say on camera and how much you're going to say to your partner might be.
Speaker 1: Completely different thing. Your wedding. I think you have to. I get it, it could have been in all the paperwork. I'm surprised they don't have more of these conversations. But by the way, it's a mood point. The second she can't remember what January sixth means. At ye point, I thought it was so cool because Paul's like, all right, just you saying that you don't remember that as helpful because now that means it's not really that political. That's now Here's my question.
Speaker 2: Do you believe she didn't truly know what it was or do you believe that she.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I did. I watched it twice and I couldn't know. I thought she truly okay, No, I thought she truly was Like I think when she meant political, she has certain things she cares about, which I think she expressed, which is that she wants somebody who's economically conservative, but then she has the woman's right to choose. Like those are pretty clear things she says. But the fact that she doesn't remember that January sixth is a date me or that anything big happen means that she's not on one side of the divide clearly enough to make it an issue. Do you know what I mean? Like, like her life doesn't revolve around politics. No, And the fact that he couldn't remember anything or they were both being KOI because I've never received the same answer, which is, no, politics are important, but then not important enough to actually take a stance in the kind of the major issues of the day right now.
Speaker 6: So okay, she talks about being cheated on Nick talks about how we won't cheat, never cheat, and then Paul has this moment with her where he's like, you're a compelling person, but you don't think you are incredible, and she kind of almost breaks down.
Speaker 1: So that was interesting, Like she's very cool, very confident, she's very like interesting and going, yeah, she's cool.
Speaker 2: I also think she's and we'll get into it. Very aware of some possible red flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Yeah, in general, I like almost everybody on the show, me too, except for the most part, except but also even Adam, like you were saying, he's such a douche, it's almost like, Okay, he's not pretending to be anything. He's not. No, but the thing he's pretending to be I'm not. Yeah, that's exactly, but that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's the thing he's pretending to be is not that good a thing.
Speaker 1: It's a little strange. Yeah, surprisingly, I would say yeah, I would say so, Well, we'll get into it, because there are the dudes in general are a little like like Nick is not like her. What she sees is red flags, which I think you're alluding to about the reality show thing. Yeah, is a red flag for me too, you know, me too, but he plays against it. He actually is actual person, like what he says on screen and how he is. I'm like, dude, you're great, but he's great for wonder you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm I mean again, it's how many reality shows can you be on before the person you're with is like, dude, do you really want to be in this or are you on to the next reality show?
Speaker 1: All right, so that ties into what we see next on the show, which is that he has been on The Circle and Perfect Match and apparently more. They only mentioned those two at this point. Later we get some more, but it turns out he's been on like five, which is pretty intense. That's a lot, Maddie.
Speaker 2: Yes, red Flag, if you've been on five different reality shows?
Speaker 4: Immediately, yes, that's weird.
Speaker 1: You're like jumping around looking for something. Yes, you want to be a reality television star, that's what you want, and this is the next one that casts you. I'm sorry, that's how I look at it. Okay, Well, our matchmakers say that you know that the nick challenge is going to be to be vulnerable. They describe Courtney as unedited, unfiltered, and maybe a foil for his filteredness. Okay, and then they say this thing, this is the type of match a good Auntie would make. It's just an interesting story. I'm like, as opposed to what right, I don't know what that means exactly. This whole matchmaking things a little in the dark to me, like.
Speaker 3: It seems like you're throwing darts.
Speaker 1: Well kind of, But I guess what would be really helpful is if we saw some of the alternatives. Each time they show these, they're already showing you the people that they've chosen, so there's a sense of inevitability to the editing and where we're kind of like, there were a good match, but it would be really interesting to see the ones that didn't make the cup for you.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure that the first seasons of the show, if memory serves, they did that. It was like fifty women in a room in front of all the matchmakers, and then fifty men in the room in front of all the matchmakers.
Speaker 1: Interview after interview after that. That would make so much sense to me as far as being able to evaluate, because we can't evaluate this. It's sort of like astrology. At this point, they say stuff that we then get to see play out, but because they said it, what we're thinking on those terms, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's like it's like what came to filling prophecy.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And it's a little like I would I can't feel like I don't feel equipped to evaluate the matchmaker's competency, basically, like I feel like what we see is them creating the show that we're seeing. So it's like, yeah, of course you picked a couple that seemed like they're pretty great for each other, and yeah, okay, yeah, the process was a lot more in depth in the.
Speaker 3: First couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: If memories so interesting.
Speaker 2: And so it was like if there were fifty people there, forty of them didn't get picked, and then forty of the guys didn't get picked, and the ten that did, we found your match. That's why, like they're still trying to keep the moment alive for the for the television audience of hey, guess what, we found your match, but there's no stakes to it because we already know you're whereas they're used to doing.
Speaker 1: Howard, they're not doing that because it's kind of a useless moment at this point, And.
Speaker 2: That used to be a big thing where they would come up to somebody and be like go to their house and be like, we actually we found your match interesting. And so you're on the show where now it's just yeah, yeah, a lot different.
Speaker 1: And then we see Nick with his friends while on the wedding day. His friends didn't really want him to do another reality show, which I think is funny, especially realizing later one of them was from like more than what, More than What.
Speaker 2: He's like, I got a couple of friends here from my reality It's like even your friends were cast.
Speaker 1: But then he does make this joke about himself being a D list celebrity, which I found in Deary. You know, like he's not saying like he's he's not super proud of the reality show thing. Like it's not like he's hoping that. I think he's playing. I think it's fake. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think he's playing against type because he doesn't want to be like, yeah, I'm a big reality star.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, I'm just I'm a D level celebrity. Man, it doesn't even count.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, okay, but I'm gonna be on fourteen reality shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, but I do like what he says when his friend is like, did you prepare what you're gonna say? And he's like, no, I just kind of want to be myself. Authenticity. Yeah, like my vibe or the thing I'm gonna go with. And I'm authentic on all the reality shows I'm on. Oh man, I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You, it's a giant red flag.
Speaker 1: It is. It's just a big old red flag that.
Speaker 2: You this is what you do. This is your life is you want to be on reality shows and this is the next one you're on.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Nick's dad shows up, gives him a pe pep talker. His dad was like very TV dad liked me, kind of southernly. Nick starts crying. All right, Nick walks out. Everyone's impressed with his looks. And then Courtney with her dad, She's pretty stressed and crying. And this this whole reveal thing with the bride coming out, you know, it's puts a lot of pressure on the woman in these situations. Like it's it's very male gazy, you know what I mean. Like it's very much prioritizing the reveal of the gorgeous bride as the moment of the entire show. It's it's a lot. I'm not. I mean, it's a huge fan, but it's even regular weddings. That's now the moment they want to capture.
Speaker 2: The regular wedding has a second photoshoot where it's just the groom turning around.
Speaker 3: It's his expression.
Speaker 1: For some they've met each other before, like in this case, this is the entire show is like basically about whether the man is going to be interested and impressed with the girls. The vision of the woman walking down the well, I can't you say the same, it's the same.
Speaker 2: It's it's still the bride's day because they say it's the weddings more about the bride, but she's also it's the reveal of turning around if you I mean, we saw that later with with with Nicki and Sean where Shawn turns around and he's like hell yes, and Nikki you can tell is like, oh boy.
Speaker 1: So I mean I think it's a dual thing. It's just groom comes in first, then comes the bride. I mean that's always the way it is, right, I don't know. I definitely see it more as like she is the prize. You know there's a prize. Oh that's yeah, that's that's the gender dynamics of marriages in general. Have they ever done a gay wedding on this.
Speaker 2: Show, Not that I've seen, but maybe they might have. I mean, I missed fifteen seasons in there, so.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, But I have a feeling they have it. I have a feeling I have a feeling to have there's something sort of patriarchal and gendered about this show in general. I would say, right, or it's it's it's it's conservative in that sense, you know what I mean, Like, it's it's old school traditional, even though the point of the show is sort of anti tradition. Like the point of the show is like, we're going to take this tradition to its extreme. We're testing this tradition. Yeah, and we're putting it to the test, and so in some ways it kind of has to remain traditional. Does that make it, like, yeah, it has to lean into certain tropes of the tradition.
Speaker 2: They haven't had same couples on the US version, Okay, Okay, I can't tell you that. Statistically speaking, if they did, there's a better chance they're still together than a hetero.
Speaker 1: Couple because almost actual couples have better success rates.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, way, better success rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of makes sense to me. Yeah, yeah, all right, less less social pressure, yeah, to force each other to be yeah, yep, all right, all right. Well we cut to a commercial on his look of course always then we see when it come back they both appreciate each other's looks. They are both beautiful people.
Speaker 3: Of course, they're both stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they give nice speeches. He I mean, he strikes a little goofy in a way that I was like, is she gonna like this? But then she like imitated his like whew moment. I was like, Oh, they are kind of similar. You know, they're both like pretty people who know that they're attractive, but then also can be you know.
Speaker 2: But he clearly feels comfortable on camera. I mean, he clearly feels like, this is my fifth reality show. And you can see that there's a every other couple, everybody else walks out there.
Speaker 1: There isn't the comfortability.
Speaker 2: You've got the dual, you know, the dual uncomfortableness of it's my wedding day. I've never met this person, and I'm on a reality TV show. He doesn't have to worry about the latter. He's very much used to it and again, I'm trying not to hold it against him, but it is a big red flag when this is just another television show you've been on. I guess I would say if you'd been on a reality television show before, there's a good chance you could have just done it on a lark, like, hey, my friends entered me.
Speaker 3: I thought it'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: When you've done five, right, this is what you want to do with your life, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is a big difference. It's a career at yeah point, which is fine. It means you're an influencer. Sure, you are a reality show per absolutely, but this is doesn't value the marriage, and.
Speaker 2: Of course she's going to be thinking twice about that as her bridesmaids are going, oh, we watched him on the whatever, and we saw him on this, and.
Speaker 1: She's asking all his friends is this going to be like, is this the thing a question? Oh? Yes? But I don't Yeah, I don't know. I guess maybe I just like them both, so I'm rooting for. I don't dislike him.
Speaker 3: I don't dislike him.
Speaker 1: I I him. Yeah, I question his motives, but I don't know. They talk a little bit after the ceremony, and they seem to be getting along well. He apparently likes to be called daddy. Yike, where do you stand on daddy? I mean it's so not my wife like, it's like like that actually like repulses her, like the idea. So no, But I think if if my wife, if I was with the girl who was really into it, I wouldn't be completely against it because I do like being a dat you know what I mean, Like I like being right.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's what the way they say, if that's what it means. I don't think it's like I'm doing it because you're a great father.
Speaker 1: I think that's right.
Speaker 2: You're a woman looking at you, you're on top of her, and she calls you daddy?
Speaker 1: Is about.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've always found that Again, I'm hey, everybody's sexual whatever is their own sexual whatever, but it was never my thing either.
Speaker 1: Where it's like right, I guess it's about that. It's about not necessarily dominant, but certainly like a position of authority. Yeahs case I became a father, I did enjoy having a position of authority, Like they gave me confidence and made me feel cool like and better in a way that I never thought was a thing until I was a dad, and I was like, oh, I like being a dad, Like I like being the authority in this, like when I'm around a bunch of kids, or like, I like being like that gave me a sense of confidence, and so I could see that that gives you like a rush to be But it's not sexual for me because it never has been. But I've just never been in that situation since I've been a father.
Speaker 2: And again not my thing either. But hey, go whatever, float your boat, daddy.
Speaker 1: You could call me daddy though. Well, so I guess it was weird to me is that it was like his gay friend pretending to catfish, yeah, calling him dad, which he then was still saying that he liked, which I was like, wait, there's some layers here that I'm not. I'm not the layers are a little yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Cut to Michelle once, a guy who was dull as and into sports. This is our first time meeting her. We see her with her friend Tam. He says, they don't think they're going to match you up with an UGO second Ugo record with the Ugsuh. We'll find out that she had her eggs frozen when she was twenty six, really wants to have babies?
Speaker 3: Hey man, five rids are no joke.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fibriids are no joke. There can be unbelievably painful and damaging. Yeah they Yeah, no joke at all.
Speaker 1: I like Michelle, but we don't really learn that much about her doing no, because I'm realizing I'm looking at my notes, I'm like, do I know what she does? What does she do for a living? Do we know? Like?
Speaker 3: I don't think we do.
Speaker 1: I mean just compared to everybody else, Like what I think about, like Belle Jolie as a singer song right, Like we know kind of what Courtney is a bodybuilder, and we kind of know what everybody does. Like Michelle, I like her, but I don't actually, I realized, and I don't know if I know that much.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I know about Cameron. Cameron's a basketball coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess her story is more about wanting to have kids and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she seems to also come from a very tight knit family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is great and we'll get into it. But like her dad not wanting to be on camera, it is like, in some ways I could totally understand that. Yeah me too, Yeah me too. Paul and Lisa talking about Cameron say he's him, but he doesn't realize he's him, which is another one of these sort of like weird quotes that I was like, kind of a name, But then I thought about it. That sentence doesn't apply to Adam, right, like Adam realizes who he is, and so I kind of like then I was like, yeah if, I if. But as a statement, I mean.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Adams the kind of guy I will talk about himself in the third person and say things like if.
Speaker 1: You don't like Adam, that's not like you. Yeah, you know, stuff like that. It's like, okay, Adams fault, don't make the player, all right. So Cameron's a basketball coach, never been in a long term relationship. And so at this point when I looked at uh, Michelle, did she remind you of anybody at all? She reminds me of somebody and I can't think of who. Rowan Blanchard is that who she looks like? Roan is that who is? And I'm like, kind of eerie, it's kind of eerie, like and I think it's actually the way she talks and you know, I know when she was just a month ago. I haven't seen Rowan since she was since we finished Groman's World, so it's been years. But and I've only seen photos.
Speaker 3: Totally see that.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting because like, yeah, yeah, different ethnicities, Like I don't think Rowan is Asian at all. If I'm remembering correctly, she's Persian or I don't know, but they look a lot like this is so interesting. Totally similar vibes, similar faces, very fascinated. Maybe that's what it is. Okay, yeah, she totally Yeah.
Speaker 7: By the way I saw her a month ago, she looked great. She sounds like she's doing great. Yeah, I gotta watch testaments and she's doing awesome. Yeah I can, Oh my god, like look see it now? Yeah, dude, they have similar faces and the way they talk. It was so funny because I.
Speaker 1: Was, who do you remind me? I was like, it's Rowan. Interesting wedding day. Cameron doesn't even know what finger the ring goes on there in the name Buddy. His family talks about how they haven't met any girls. I think this is a red flag, man, I agree to one thousand percent. That's weird, dude. You have not brought girls home. You've never dated anybody more? I'm that like, weirds me out. I don't, dude, Like you know what I went through mental health wise, how little I went out, how little I dated.
Speaker 3: I didn't leave my house for seven years.
Speaker 2: I was in two two or more year relationships before I met my wife. Yes, and I never I barely left my house. Right, So how I mean, how do you how do you get to be thirty seven? I know, man, you don't have you know, when you're nineteen, you don't meet somebody for a year, a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Everybody does that. Yeah, there's it's it's there's something very it's a little like I don't know, I get like kind of asexual vibes from him, interests that makes sense, Like he just doesn't seem like he's super driven. Yeah, he's driven mentally by the idea of having a partner. Right, I don't know if he's driven like physically or like emotionally by like wanting a partner. Yeah, he's very even with her, like once they meet, Like, it's not a like, ah, I know how to like put my body with another person or like, and it just seems like and I don't know if that's just the experience or if there's something maybe that's just not there for him, you know. So it's interesting because I'm like, intellectually, he keeps saying all this stuff about it, I want love, I want to be married, But does his body feel that, you know, does his soul? I don't know how else to think about it, Like, I don't know, it's a weird.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing the last thing man or woman wants in their partner when they meet somebody is oh, I have to teach you how to be in a relationship from the bottom up.
Speaker 1: But that's your husband. Well maybe, yeah, I don't know. So we see Michelle with her family, and this is where we find out that her dad is not comfortable being on camera, which I totally get, and then he writes this heartbreaking letter, which I thought was great. Luckily, her mom talks about how tall is beautiful, which sets up good because this guy's giant. And was it Is it her grandmother who was in an arranged marriage or so her mom and her mom and dad were an arranged marriage. Yeah, so there, yeah, crazy. Yeah. Wedding day he walks out, her family's happy. He's tall, of course, once she walks down the aisle, his assessment is you look beautiful, like a businessman assessing. I mean, he's just he's he's very awkward to this, and I think he's just like you are beautiful, like okay, like it's not like in his like DNA in a way I don't know, I know, I think he's also just a very awkward guy who's now also on camera and getting married to a stranger.
Speaker 2: Right, of course, hopefully he'll calm down. Hopefully it'll it'll relax, but we'll see. But I don't disagree with you. Lots of red flags there all.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Back to Marissa and Adam at their wedding dinner. She is happy that they're not doing a father daughter mother son dance, of course, because they're both kind of estrange from their family in different ways. Leah gives a speech during which Adam has this like thousand yard stare that just creeped me out. He was like checked out, Yes, seemed like he didn't want to he didn't care about what her friends were saying when anybody.
Speaker 2: I think they were saying things that to him was like when when they're like yeah, and when she comes home drunk essential or something like that, and it's just like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, man, alcohols and information.
Speaker 1: And then piano plane. I think he's just like biding his time to get up there. Oh chefs kiss for this whole next scene, Oh man, he goes when he finishes that first song, and you're like, you did the thing, move on, and then he's like, just want more and you can see everybody fall Oh my god. People are cutting to people yawning, falling asleep. One friend is just laughing un control of That's the friend I want to hang out with. That's what I thought the whole time. I was like, that's the person I want to be with right there. Oh my god, it's the friend I want to hang out with. For Marissa just turns like she's trying to make it okay, and she's like, that's memorization, that's talent. It's like, what about the piano plane. It's like, because the piano plane is like a robotic thing, he's not bringing soul, he's not performing.
Speaker 2: At one point, she says the greatest thing though, She says, he oh my god, he knows ow so many notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like when you come down like like the worst. I remember hearing one, so like the worst thing you can hear as an actor after a play is like, how do you memorize all those live? Because it's like the easiest part of the job. But that's like the But that's when no one when they can't give you a compliment, but all they have to say something great Exactly, guy, you you really look good up there with and you sett all those lines. Yeah, he knows, so he knows so many notes he memorized it. That's talent. No talent is moving you emotionally with the piano.
Speaker 2: Come on, I would have been the guy there giggling and laughing as this man.
Speaker 1: But also his choice on the piano. But yeah, it's like it's like third grade piano recital. Yes, I have to say, like, dude, play a moving song, plays its personal. You play Billy Joel and get everybody dancing exactly. You play fair Elice. You're like, I am a robot who has learned to do the thing that is impressive. And it's like, dude, everybody up there like the player piano robot. It's like, I have to be artistic to attract women.
Speaker 3: No, he's artistic when he rips the jet ski writer.
Speaker 1: He rips the jet ski artistic stay off the piano. No one cares, no one just cutting everybody, yawning and everything. It was so bad. He's laughing my ass off as I was watching that. It was is the person who should play piano because he wants to like challenge himself mentally and like somewhat physically cool. You you are not a piano player as a former, like you were not and you are not. I mean I say this, I have always, you know, been a performer obviously, like and I can't play. I taught myself piano only recently, and I'm not very good. But I just don't think the technical skill is the thing. Like the technical skill is almost the easy part. Again, I told you.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite quotes ever from mash Is is going back to mash because you know, I'm gunn Is Winchester.
Speaker 1: You know, the storyline is a guy.
Speaker 2: He so excited because he saves the guy's legs and he couldn't save part of his hand. It turns out the guy was a concert pianist and so it didn't he didn't care about his legs, And Winchester says to him, I can play the notes. I can't make the music. And that's this guy. He can play the note.
Speaker 1: You can play the notes, yeah, but he can't make the music. No, Yeah, he can on a jet ski. All right, now we meet Sean's a doctor, wants someone smart. Nikki says she's prioritized her career. Sean also prioritized his career. H He's always been a winner since grade school. He's worked at being the best. His last name is Best, get it, Sewan Best? No, he wants kids right away. So both of these, both of these guys are on the older side, which and I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that there was a couple that was like, you know, she's forty six, he's forty seven. Before we get too much deeper into that, I have a question for you. Okay, how do you feel about somebody with a doctorate referring to himself as doctor?
Speaker 1: So pissed off about it? Thank you very much, dude, thank you very much. I well, I thought he was a doctor. Do you want to know why? Because he said he you'm a doctor. Yeah, dude, do you have a doctorate? No, you say you have a doctorate or you have a PhD. You don't say you're which is usually.
Speaker 2: Impressive, but you don't say I'm doctor best No, yeah, nope, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: I found it. It's misleading. It's totally misleading. Thank you. And also just like, yeah, like having a PhD is awesome, having a doctorate is awesome, very different, it's very different than saying you're a doctor. I don't think you should be introduced as Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody on a plane says, is there a doctor on board? Sean shouldn't raise his hand.
Speaker 1: Nope, Yeah, I agree, all right. He's he was raised religious but then discovered sex at twenty nine. He likes tall women. Uh, she says six feet, but then says she's okay with a man who's towering. In other ways, it's important because Sean is five foot six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, When when did height become such a big thing.
Speaker 1: It's always been a thing, dude, not to this extent. It always is.
Speaker 2: You think, Yeah, there's it's only been the last five years I've heard that women are like, I need someone six ft.
Speaker 1: Every study has backed this up since the dawn of Really. Yes, if you are like your inch, every inch adds to your salary. The statistically, every inch adds to your salary, your success with your partner from men, if you're a jockey, being the height is such a benefit in the breeding pool. I guess I just never heard.
Speaker 2: I never heard it being this important to women except for over like the last five years, where women are like, no, my prerequisite is they.
Speaker 1: Can't donate sperm. Really, yep, you have to be five to nine to even donate sperm. Oh, I'm gonna go go donate some sperm. Really yep. That's they won't even accept it because it's so low on the priority like places, even with your brains, they won't take it because no women will check that box. They when the women are flipping through the thing how they have kids, they want somebody tall. Height is so important, and I think that's a big stumbling block here.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I agree. Well, she calls herself a sapio sexual, which I love this term. Do you know this term?
Speaker 3: Does it just means you fall in love with the person?
Speaker 1: No, it means that you find intelligence sexy.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it was just kind of whoever was?
Speaker 1: No, it's like it's it's that you find somebody's The more the smarter somebody is, the more sexually attracted you are.
Speaker 3: To I know, awesome.
Speaker 1: I had heard this term only a couple of years ago for the first time. I was like, I love that.
Speaker 2: I want to find out the other one because one of the things that so attracts me to a person is talent.
Speaker 1: So I want to try and find.
Speaker 2: What that I'm somebody super talented. I always find that very attractive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, me too, Like you mean like Adam's piano. Yes, I see Adam, And I just want your juice is flowing. Oh god, I want them to just rip me on a jet ski all right. Then they have this interesting earning conversation where she has a floor of two hundred thousand dollars. I love that, Paul points out, like you realize the average salary in America, And I love.
Speaker 2: How she's like, I've heard all the numbers, because they always do those numbers when they break down, when when people are now saying like I need somebody six feet tall who makes at least one hundred fifty thousan dollars a year.
Speaker 1: But it's like point zero zero.
Speaker 2: Percent of the zero one percent of the plot, right, something so unattainable that it's like you're gonna need to lower those standards, probably.
Speaker 1: But she went to two hundred from two fifty now. Is one of the reasons, though, I think, is that she says she.
Speaker 3: Makes a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a difference earned enough to like demand this in a way, is what she's saying. She's like, I expected, I've come to a place in my life where I've made a love. I do not want to just be the provider for something else.
Speaker 2: And I can I also see. I think that's one hundred percent fair. There's something to I'll say women in man this way, but it's both ways. But really with a woman, there's something to a woman who's not making any money saying I need a man to make two hundred fifty thousand dollars or I don't want to have anything to do with him. It's completely different than a woman who's like, no, I've made a lot of money, and I know how insecure men can be when I'm making a ton of money and they're not.
Speaker 1: And I know that that.
Speaker 2: Is what she says, right, and that to me, I respect that way more than just my man needs to make two hundred fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars, But I also will I will throw this in I am. Domestic labor is so much work, like being the person who takes care of the house, does the planning, if you're raising kids, raises the kids. So I think a partner saying I need I need my partner to make X amount of dollars and I will do the domestic labor. Well, that's you're getting a lot of people that aren't aren't doing the latter totally totally, especially men, honestly, Like, that's what That's what's happened in the world right now, is that women now are expected to make also a lot of money, but statistically they're still doing all the domestic labor in the household, even when the men are earning less than them, which is bonkers, But it is a statistical fact that women are still falling into the role of needing to do the domestic labor while also oftentimes expected to earn fifty percent of the household income. So it's where are these statistics from? Look it up? Man, it's crazy. Like, so it seems like the mod a lot of a lot of the modern women, they from the ones of the things that I've been seeing is there they want to share the domestic partnership, but they also still want the man to go out and earn all the money. And so it's like, okay, that's that might be what's expressed sure, And I don't know, but I'm saying in households where both couples are working, sure, or the women are still doing the majority of the domestic house labor, like there that that that that's that statistics is pretty consistent that like women even if they're earning, and whether and when they're not earning, they're doing a lot of the more of the domestic In both cases, women end up doing more of the domestic labor. Like that is just across the board, almost across culture. Like women bear the brunt of the household labor. And so I think for a woman to acknowledge that and say I will do this, I will do all this and that is worth a lot and more money than me and bring that home like that's an equal you know. So if there's an equality to it's kind of however you work it out. But I think what ends up happened a lot of times is people say we're going to be equal and then this is really not. You know, one person doesn't do that much either or earning wise. So I think just just clarity right up front, and clarity and lack of self delusion is the goal. Yeah, I don't think it always is. You know, I think we're all delusional about our America. You know, Like it seems like I can't tell if she's honestly opening open to lowering her expectations or if she wants to appear like she's open to lowering her expectations about the money, about everything when it comes. I well, I think I think she's She's very clear about the money. I wish she had been a little clearer personally so far about the hype thing. Yeah, because or the attraction, because because she's clearly not attracted, clearly not attracted, she does not consider him like on her radar. And that is too bad because I agree, because she says she's a sapio sexual. She says the quote, right now, I'm about the Greecap. I'm going to receive him as God made him. She says all that, but she I don't think she Yeah, and that's it's it's too bad because she presented herself one way in the interviews and and maybe we'll maybe that'll change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where this is where I guarantee this was the relationship that made me think she's going to keep hearing trust the process.
Speaker 1: We put you together from the pros. So we see her backstage before her wedding. He gives her a journal the very sweet letter. This is her reaction is the reaction that Adam didn't give to his journal, Yeah, which is, oh my god. She just loves it. Yeah. He gives her a pendant with the date of what I did.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: He is just on the right track. He's thoughtful. She cries, she's so into it. And if he was just six fitch made a half a million dollars a year, they'd be fine. Well, he does make a half million dollars a year. I think it's no, I think she he makes a lot less than she does.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that really the problem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he makes I think he makes a lot less money than she does. Oh, he runs a school, So no, I think he runs a school. I thought he's making good money.
Speaker 2: I think he I think he's in the long in the scheme of things. I think he's making good money. I don't think he's making two hundred thousand dollars a year or two fifty a year.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I thought the money thing was like he actually did tick that box.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't think he ticks that box of memory, sir, o't.
Speaker 1: When do they have that reveal? I thought they did ninety nine percent?
Speaker 3: Maddie, Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I thought they literally talk about how he's like, I work hard and I'm doing better.
Speaker 1: But I'm I don't think he's making that amount of money.
Speaker 4: I don't remember them saying his salary specifically, but I just looked it up. He works as a college VP of administration, so he's definitely making six figures, it says, but it's not giving me exactly.
Speaker 1: What I assumed. He was a doctor, like literally a medicine. Yeah, so did she, which is why her face lightened up. I know, but they don't reveal that he is not a medical doctor until after they're already married. So all this pre talk, I was like, Oh good, he checks the box of earning two hundred because I figured if you're a medical doctor, you make two fifty a year easily, So that was my assumption. You're right, Oh my god, So if he knocks in their administration, he could be making two hundred thousand. But maybe, oh so, and the matchmaker has really screwed the pooch on this one. Man, I'm sorry. We get Michelle and Cameron at their dinner, the most awkward dancing. Yeah, we haven't got to the dance yet. This is just he gets up and his friend. He gets up and leaves her alone with the friends, and they brag about him about basketball, that he's a coach. And I immediately was like, she kind of has more chemistry with his friend. Yeah, like they were just so which maybe they were just more relaxed, you know, I get it, there's a lot of pressure either.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: No, I also think one of his friends and again I apologize to this person if I am assuming, but it seemed like.
Speaker 3: One of his friends was gay.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And she talks about her one of her favorite things to do was go with her gay friends to a gay bar. So she seems to be one of those women who's just more comfortable around gay men.
Speaker 1: Bill Surely and Mecca are at dinner. His dad gives a speech logic making it all about him, talks about how Mecca Jimmy kind of throws his son under the bus. It's like it's funny a little bit and then I think it goes a little too far. I agree, and to her credit, she starts saying, like, why are we doing my husband like this? And I was like, good, you know what, she's a little bit a little bit like just enough, like it's not like a really like a dramatic moment, but she says it. She repeats it a multiple times, and it's like, yeah, like you get like his dad's a little much, you know, and I thin get it about his personality eclipses his son, which has probably been the story of Mecca's life, which is probably why he's a little insecure about being accepted for who he is. I agree seeing him Bell Jolie's mom gives a speech about how strong she is, she's a survivor, and then I love this moment. She addresses Mecha directly and says, seeing you be a goofball but intelligent and solid is amazing. And I was like, that's cool because she wasn't just given a presant speech. She was reading him and responding to who he's presented himself at in real time. I was like, good, good for you, mom, And I hope that I hope that bel Jolie is feeling the same way, because I like both of them, and I think they're attracted to each other. I hope, so they seem to be. They seem to be attracted to each other. I don't know if they're how much they are attried to each other and how much they just like look good together, do you know what I mean? They look like a TV couple, You look like a good like version. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're both good looking people, so I imagine they see each other.
Speaker 1: And they're also kind of a tight They both kind of have this like artsy, interesting vibe. They're both thin, and I don't know, there's something about the two of them. You're like they would go well together, like the cast together. Yes, yes, exactly, And we get to Felippe and Tory dancing. The mother son dances this mother and son speaking Portuguese, which is just a lovely conversation. His whole biggest fear is that his family was not going to get along with his wife, but he says those fears have been blown away. Get to see everybody dancing. Then we get Courtney and Nick at dinner. Friends ask about RuPaul's drag race, which her friends think is about cars. She's like, I love cars, I love where. She starts to get curious about why he wants to do this again? Why is he on another reality show? Good question, fair, and we see Sean and Nicky getting ready. Sean talks about having a dream, he had a dream about getting married and he's going through with it. He comes out, he's very personality and let's make some noise. He immediately introduces himself to the family, the mother in law, which is to your point about finally it's like one or two people have done that the entire show, and then she comes down the aisle and they don't really say anything brutal. So what was going on in this moment for you? Because my interpretation is that she doesn't realize that he's the groom. It kind of came off like that shit and it says, I'm just going to stand here and wait for my groom. I'm ready. Do you think she was kidding? I didn't know. I think she literally did not recognize that he was the group man because I think his jacket was a color like it's like a different color brown, it's like a brow. So I think she assumed that he was one of the groom's men waiting up there, or maybe even part of the offician. I think she literally did not see him because he was not enough of a presence in her life. I thought that was a joke, but I think probably, I think I think she covered it. And you know, we'll get into it, because we'll we get into the next episode. But the way this episode ended, my heart was pounding because I thought it was so awkward. Yeah, oh yeah, well we'll leave it there. We'll leave it there in July next episode. Because it was incredibly awkward. I was super uncomfortable. Yeah, I was too, But I think my discomfort indicates that I'm invested in this show. You are. It's great.
Speaker 2: Speaking of invested, Yea, we have our wonderful segment, What an arrangement, Hey, Angela. Today we're of course talking about the most famous arranged couples, arranged marriages from history, and today we have Mary Tudor's marriage to Louis the twelfth and as part of the peace Treaty, Henry the eighth used his sister Mary Tudor as a bargaining chip with France King Louis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, just passing off there it gets but.
Speaker 3: She was smart with this until it almost killed her.
Speaker 2: King Louis the twelfth pushed for the marriage to the then eighteen year old, who was obviously very resistant to the whole arrangement. Henry was able to convince Mary to wed Louis under a certain condition. Mary had this put in if her partner died and she became a widow, she would be able.
Speaker 3: To find her next husband and Mary for love.
Speaker 2: Mary and Louie's marriage lasted for three months when the king died.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Mary then turned around and chose Henry's best friend, Charles Charles Brandon was his name, against Henry's wishes, married him in secret. When Henry found out, he threw his best friend in prison and almost exiled his wife.
Speaker 2: Oh my, Luckily, after much bargaining back and forth, he allowed the two of them to remain married. But it was a big deal, Henny, this is Henry the eighth. Because the deal was Mary Tudor said, I will go and marry him, but I get to marry for love.
Speaker 3: It only lasted three months without asking.
Speaker 1: He was dizzy.
Speaker 3: It was they were, you know, like the thirteen hundred.
Speaker 1: He got a cough exactly he stepped he got a splinter and he was dead. So yeah, so she ended up worth taking. Like people died so quickly, so easily. But it was like, hey, if he dies, she was a fine.
Speaker 2: Fine, I get to go. But then he instantly wanted she was. I mean, this is Henry the Eighth's, you know, beautiful sister. So talk about a bargaining ship. So he was instantly going to go marry her off, I think to somebody from Germany or something to to.
Speaker 3: You know, he was going to marry off again.
Speaker 1: And she's like, no, I married his best friend in private, and he almost oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totals comeback. You know that when he died, his body was so disgusting and bloated. First of all, he was so ulcerated and disgusting they could smell him from three rooms away. And when he did finally die, he was his body was so gross that like a week after he died, his body exploded in.
Speaker 1: The crypt Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Literally disgusting man, rotten to the core.
Speaker 1: Yep. Even listening to Pop meets Twirl, the vows have been spoken, the experts have weighed in, and our completely offhand conversation has now become a season long commitment. We'll see you next time. Trap you're smoking. So many penguins, so many penguins,