Speaker 1: So since we're recapping the wedding episode, I was watching it, I kept thinking about weddings and like, now that I'm older, what I would do differently?
Speaker 2: And I feel like, yeah, I mean so anyway, I guess I just want to know, like, how would you guys get married now?
Speaker 3: Hm hmmm. Will's was small and intimate. You probably wouldn't change much about yours.
Speaker 4: I soon I talk about this. My wedding day was like the greatest day of my life. I honestly, I wouldn't I wouldn't change anything. The weather was perfect. You know, Danielle, you were I still don't know why you didn't come.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I don't remember what the situation was.
Speaker 4: I don't remember what it was either. But Ryder, of course was there, and it was a perfect day. It was in this beautiful, beautiful place in you know, at a vineyard, and it was a vineyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the back was a vineyard. So we were like in a little area. But then where you guys got married was a vineyard behind you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it used to be it was a place called perfect size got to actually salt water, yeah, saltwater farms, which used to be it was like an airport in the thirties that they redid the hangars this beautiful vineyard and the vineyard outside is just a perfect location. And we had fifty five people there. The food was great, the dancing was great. We had a bourbon bar, like it couldn't it couldn't have been better. So and frankly, I, you know, I when I take over the world, which we talked about, nobody's gonna be able to get married until they're in their late thirties anyway. So I was forty when I got married, So I mean it's like I wouldn't I think.
Speaker 2: Being older is Yeah, You're wedding so much better righter.
Speaker 4: Your wedding was pretty outstanding too, though, I mean it was like an event that was this thing that was it was more.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it was more like a vacation for everybody for you know, three days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was a cool It was also a great combination of being an adult but also being a kid again. Totally, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeahah, yeah, I probably would do the same thing. I would just make it more comfortable for people Like I was definitely asking a lot of like relatives and friends from out of town to be like come stay at a bunk at a cat and you know, at a camp and we and not only that, but like we had to do so much to prepare for it. We had to like put lighting and bedding and all the stuff in every cabin and it was so I was stretched so thin, and I'm sure like my close friends and family were also stretched thin, you know, like me, And like now I would just be like, it is worth whatever thousands of dollars to hire a couple assistants or whatever to just be the people so you're not asking your wedding party and all, because I just feel like, oh my god, you know, much like this episode, it stresses everybody out, and there's this level of obligation. Nobody wants to say no to you. It doesn't matter how nice you are. You don't have to be like a bridezilla or a groomzilla. It's just the pressure you're under.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Man Like.
Speaker 4: So there's three things I remember from your wedding so well. First is I stayed at a hotel. I did not stay in the bunks. And the first day that I got there, everyone was like, really, you're staying in a hotel. Come on, that's ridiculous. We're all bunking it. The second day, everyone come up to me like, is the shower working in your hotel? And can I go there and use it? The second thing I remember more than anything, and it was so perfectly right or strong and wedding was right in the middle of your vows, A deer walked.
Speaker 2: The baby deer literally walked in and we were.
Speaker 4: Like looking around, like this has to be a joke. They had to have released this, Yeah, and it was perfect time released the deer.
Speaker 2: It was. It was crazy photos. That's so cute.
Speaker 4: And then ard was the music that night when when they came and they played, you know, one of your favorite bands at the time, Typhoon came. I'd never heard them. They sit up on stage, it was freezing cold, and no one cared and they started playing and everyone just had the best time dancing and letting go. It was great, so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was you didn't do the ropes course. We did a ropes course.
Speaker 4: I missed the ropes course.
Speaker 2: We did have like one hundred plus.
Speaker 4: I did a charades game. I did running charades. That one I did, but yeah, it was. It was great.
Speaker 2: And then Daniel, your wedding was was really pretty.
Speaker 3: My wedding, I don't know how much. The only thing I think I would change is there are some people that were invited to my wedding who would not be invited now totally, and it's there are also there were people that were invited that I didn't really want to invite even then, but I felt obligation to invite that. Now it would be like no obligation here, get the hell out.
Speaker 5: The post pandemic. I feel like our wedding would be maybe eight to ten people tops.
Speaker 3: Three of them are on the zoom. No. I mean it was small. It was an you know, the venue that we picked was one hundred people, so there weren't more than one hundred people there, but I could I think there were probably about easily fifteen people that I could have gotten rid of that. I would look at the list now and be like out right. And then the only other thing I would say is I love that at my first wedding we had the in and out truck. I would like to bring the in and out truck to my wedding with Jensen. Do they do fries?
Speaker 4: They don't do fries in the in and out truck. Right, it's just the burgers.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. I was just gonna ask Jensen.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was working in catering.
Speaker 6: There were frides, Jensen, babe, were there?
Speaker 2: We got married the first time? Oh no, wait, that wasn't you right?
Speaker 3: I feel like we've been married to you forever.
Speaker 5: You guys played great music. I remember that.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: Actually, Danielle, you know, one of the things I remember from your wedding was how funny your vows were. You and Jensen. The vows that you had were just people were rolling listening to you guys talk to each other because they was sweet and sentimental. But then there was some jokes that were I think that's how Jen and started we both hated Thailand, was how his vows started.
Speaker 2: That was really funny.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yes, right, everyone remembers our vows, which is very fun Yeah. So I don't it's so funny that for all three of us. I don't. There's really not that much we would change, I think because at least for me that being my second wedding, we knew ourselves so well. Our weddings were very much tailored to who we are as people.
Speaker 2: It's when you're doing it for either a partner who's being you know, has their own set of dreams or desires. For your family, Yeah, you're trying to like appease your parents and grandparents or whomever and like their vision of what a wedding is, and like that's where you just always and you know, unfortunately for a lot of people, that's who's paying for the wedding, so you kind of have to do that, you know. Like I felt very fortunate that like Alex and I, I mean actually our parents did help a little bit, but we just are Our wedding was not expensive, so it was not like that was not a concern. You know, we made it out because we did a summer camp super cheap.
Speaker 4: I'm so curious what our weddings would cost now because Sue and I, even eight months in advance, are planning my fiftieth birthday party and we're calling around to venues.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 4: One place have we figured there's going to be about two hundred and fifty people there, and one place if we want to do an open bar for the five or six hours for the two hundred and fifty people, just the bar is twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like two hundred and fifty people can drinks.
Speaker 3: You don't need five or six hours of an open bar.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: We Also, I'm not paying more for my fiftieth birthday party than I paid for my wedding. That's just I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 5: I think it's a little impossible to compare them, though, ones from like two decades ago.
Speaker 2: I know that's the one is how many people? Only fifty people? You're fifty.
Speaker 4: But it was also it was a destination wedding, so I was including like flying in and doing all that kind of stuff. But yeah, this is it's it's so funny to get some of the prices where it's like, I'm sorry, how much for a ratison somewhere?
Speaker 3: Or like what, No, jenin Will has not been married for two decades? You know you're about that. Yeah, I was gonna say, you're about to have.
Speaker 5: You Wow, only three years more than me and you that's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ten we got married twenty sixteen and then but we've been together, known each other since two thousand and play together for fifteen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Slockminster video, that's I remember that. Yeah, seems longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, exactly, doesn't it exactly? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I can't wait to hear more. I think I think four hours is a max for an open bar, and I also think do you need to do full open bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could just provide beer and wine from everyone's hand out. You could provide beer and wine and let people buy cocktails.
Speaker 3: Exactly, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I want everybody to just come and have like a fun time and the.
Speaker 2: Punch bowls with rum in it, and it'll be like.
Speaker 4: Just doesn't spike the punch bowl. That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Punch bowls that's a good really serves themselves.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what you do, that's exactly right. You do one signature cocktail that's called prom punch, yes smart, and that's free and beer and wine, and then if somebody wants something else, they can get something else.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, maybe I'm just going to do but we're going to do food like we want to do it, like it's going to be a prom, like we want it to be like you're going to your prom.
Speaker 3: So but not going to be sit down?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it is going to be a sit down. What kind of prom is this.
Speaker 4: This is I've asked several people this and they all said at their prom they had to sit down meal. Again, I didn't go, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had one. We had one. I don't think anyone eat though, I don't think anyone eat. I think it was I remember.
Speaker 3: I thought we went to dinner before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought everybody, that's why you get a limo, you go to dinner. And I know nothing.
Speaker 4: So that's what I thought too, But that's I didn't either. But then I've been asking people and they're like, no, we had to sit down meal at our prom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we did. Do I think we did do.
Speaker 4: Send your your email sit Daniel Fisher, because I want to find out if everyone sat down at the problem. I don't remember because I wasn't there. Yeah, that's why I have to throw my own.
Speaker 5: If I don't, I'm going to come with pimples.
Speaker 2: You better.
Speaker 4: And if I don't win prom king at my own damn prom, I'm going to have a serial. Well there's gonna be some cool people.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, I'll wear my prom dress from nineteen ninety nine, but you know what, I'm excited to have a brand new prom dress. I don't want to wear that one. I want to wear a new one.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be fun, like we're already planning it. So this is gonna be a fun party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be great. Yeah, writer, what are you lost in thought thinking about which Fodor you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Wear a tux? Do you wear a talks to the problem.
Speaker 3: With tails or talks tails?
Speaker 4: Do you have a prom kilt?
Speaker 2: I can wear my kilt. I still have my graduation kilt.
Speaker 3: Your graduation kilt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's this is going to be It's going to be a very fun night. That's all I can say is I can't I really can't wait. It's going to be like a year in the making of well it's actually it's forty years then whatever it is from prom night. Damn you people, but.
Speaker 3: Good Welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishel, I'm rather strong, and I'm Wilforde. Today we are recapping season seven, episode seven, It's About Time. It originally aired November fifth, nineteen ninety nine. The synopsis, Corey and Tapanga are set to finally tie the knot, but Sean's concerns for the future of his friendship with Corey seemed to be derailing the ceremony. It was directed by Jerry Levine, his second of five Boy Meets World episodes, best known as Styles from teen Wolf. He also played Philip Mack, the leader of the cult, in season four's cult fiction. Boy Meets World was the first TV show he directed, and he went on to have a robust resume behind the camera on shows like It's Always Sonny in Philadelphia, Everybody Hates Chris and Hawaii five. Oh he did five?
Speaker 4: I think I say this every time you say that he did five episodes.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I feel the same way. This is only two a five. He does three more this season.
Speaker 2: And he quickly became yeah he was good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow. It was written by Patricia Carr and Lara Olsen. This is a big episode, guys, This is uh, this is pretty major. What do you guys remember about this week much?
Speaker 2: I remember hanging out with Jerry. Yeah do you remember that? But no, watching it was I was pretty revelatory to be like, oh, this is what happened. I mean I knew because we've done bits about like some of the stuff on stage where like I come in, I knew that I made it about me, that Sean made it about him, Like I knew that plot, but otherwise, no, I didn't remember any of the jokes or any of the bits or why we.
Speaker 4: Remember playing multiple characters. I remember that. Remember at the end, I remember it was just nothing was scripted. It was just go right. So I remember that, and I remember the whole storyline about Eric, you know, kind of hijacking somebody else's wedding, but I didn't remember the actual specifics, like everybody in sitting there in their underwear and all that stuff. Like I didn't remember any of that stuff. No memory of that. M you know.
Speaker 3: I also don't really remember much about this week, so weird because.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's a big week. Yeah, you think we'd remember something.
Speaker 3: I know. I guess one thing I will say is I do remember there being more. I was surprisingly actually emotional, like the the toast that you give for you say I'm his new best friend. I can tell that I, Danielle am actually emotional looking at you writer.
Speaker 2: Me too, durn Yourowls. I felt the same way your vowels with Ben. I was like, wow, Danielle's really like feeling a lot of feelings here. It was great. No, I thought it was a good episode.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, we have to talk about whether we liked it or not, because I thought this was a really good episode, really solid, and this is the balance of like it being emotional but also being wacky at times and fun and yeah, kind of this.
Speaker 2: Is the best episode of season seven.
Speaker 4: I agree say that because I agree.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, yeah, I mean, I thought the last episode was bonkers, but you know, like yeah, so I feel good about like this is. You know, this is a big high point of our show. They're getting married. It's a big gang and I feel like they did a pretty good job with the writing.
Speaker 4: I thought I really liked the tone that they went. Decided to go for it, because you could easily have gone ridiculously sappy, over the top Corey and Tapanga married, What's gonna happen? It's all dramatic and emotional, and instead they kind of made it a farce, which I thought was a really interesting way to go about it. And I think they and we pulled it off. I really it was a fun twenty two minutes. It seemed longer than twenty two minutes. It seemed almost like a kind of more of a jumbo episode. But I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it. I at first thought in the in the opening scene where I strangle you, I thought, oh no, not at this, Like I didn't like that, And I thought, if this is setting us up for what the whole episode's going to be, and it's going to be another Topanga is a you know, stressed Bridezilla kind of a thing, or or if they even for one millisecond, do am I going to say I do? Or is he going back? I thought, if any of that is going to be in this episode, I'm not going to like it very much. But then it didn't stick. It didn't stay that way. Even that opening scene where I'm strangling you, I was at least other than the physical non comedy, in my opinion, I liked that the tone was more like Sean and we're going to have a great day, right, We're going to have a good time, instead of maybe some some other choices we could have made. So yeah, overall, I really liked it.
Speaker 2: I really wanted a tag of like Corey andt Banga, like not necessarily post sex, but like a sweet moment with just Cory and to Banga would have been really nice because the fact that he's like keys to the room and they run out.
Speaker 4: I think though, if memory serves the sect, the next episode picks up as a continuation. Yes, ok, okay, good of them running into the room and then Eric being arrested.
Speaker 2: Maybe even what I wanted is another montage set to an art Garfuncle song. I don't know, like, I just feel like we could have gone through the years a little bit. It was just like, because I got I didn't get emotional during the vows. I was like, these are well written, well performed. It's so like, for the first time, here's the chance to like be the most Corey into Panga, and instead they go against it. It's it doesn't feel it's not like we're meant to be together, you've always been. It was like very like just this is this is just bound to be and I love you.
Speaker 4: So much the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, it felt like great, oh my god. So yeah, I was totally so. I kind of was rooting for Corey to bank at the end of this episode.
Speaker 4: But this is also we talked about it in the episode where there it's the one where they're talking directly to the camera where you think you're talking directly camera, where it was like we just that's the Corey and de Pang I wish I had seen for seven seasons. And so it's a continuation of that version of this couple where it's like they're both kind of neurotic but in a funny way and they balance each other in that way, and then there's the sweetness. There's no intensity, it's more just like tongue in cheek, and so that worked, and would would love to have seen that version of Corey in Tapanga for seven years. So I agree with you. I thought it was I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Jumping into our guest stars, we have John Bauma as hotel manager. If he looks familiar to you, that's because this is his second Boy Meets World episode as the same character, a very rare occurrence for the show. He played the scenes stealing hotel clerk in season's five Promises Promises, and he's also appeared on Alias, Friends, Parks and Recreation, and Grace and Frankie. Marsha Cross returns as Rhannon Lawrence, the last incarnation of Tapega's mom. Similarly, Mark Herolic is back as Jedediah Lawrence Topenga's revolving father, and then Willie Garson also returns, but now as his third character on Boy Meets World, the Minister. You may remember him from season one as Leonard Spinelli, Allen's assistant at the market, or as Mervin from the Wilderness Store. He was a bit of a good luck charm for the show, even appearing later on in Girl Meets World. The well known character actor was also known from his time on Sex in the City, There's Something About Mary, Fever, Pitch, and Freaky Friday. Tragically, Willie passed in twenty twenty one at the age of fifty seven from cancer. I really do wish that we could have had him on the.
Speaker 2: Podcast, be a regular on the podcast. Yup? I mean like yeah. We talked all the time, absolutely a lot, especially even during Girl we talked a little.
Speaker 3: I know, God, I remember.
Speaker 4: That a very good. Only person in my entire career, my mother has asked for a picture with Oh, was Willy the only one? Because she loves Sex in the City. Do you think do you think he'll take a picture of me? I'm like, yes, Mom, I think he'll take a picture of it.
Speaker 3: That's so Sweett.
Speaker 4: She absolutely loved him. Yep, great guy.
Speaker 3: And then Jean Daynarski as mister Peterman. I have to think he was cast on our show because he appeared on two episodes of the Monkeys. But he was a very busy actor in movies like Earthquake, Duel and most notably Close Encounter of the Third Kind.
Speaker 2: That's right, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yes on TV. You may have seen him on Star Trek, the Original Batman, X Files and Will mash Seinfeld. Is he Mandelbaum Junior?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Mandelbam, Mandelbamb, Mandelbamb. He actually he played the younger son of one of another characters. They keep getting older. Is like my dad and you're dad. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Where's my dad? And they're like, your dad, your dad Mandel.
Speaker 4: He's also the only person that should ever be cast to play the Monopoly Guy. How much does he look like the Monopoly Guy? It's amazing.
Speaker 3: And some familiar faces to us but maybe new to you. Michael Jacob's children appear at the wedding, David Jacobs as cousin, Rachel Jacobs as the flower girl, and Josh Jacobs as the ring bearer.
Speaker 4: And at one point, he's just looking right at the Cameron waving. It's like, all right, that's fine, just bring your kids in, have them look out that. It's like, okay, we'll just break the fourth wall. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's the way they come out and flirt with It's like, why why did the part they write on them for them to flirt with adults?
Speaker 2: Because it's a girl that's hot, very hot, calling over Matt Lawrence to say you're hot. It's just like, what what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: It's also just like I guess to me, the biggest thing is like the betrayal of like you have an opportunity to fill out the Topanga Corey universe a little bit with like characters that we might but instead you just give them these little one It's like, but who would be the ring girl for Corey or the ring bearer and who would be the you know, flower girl, Like that's an opportunity for Morgan bit Morgan's friend. I don't know a cousin that we have. But instead it's just like one line, is.
Speaker 3: It Alexandra Nikita could come back?
Speaker 4: Come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How there's no hippies into Panga's side is the strangest thing in the world. Yeah, it's very weird.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Well, jumping into our recap, we start in the girl's apartment. Angela, Rachel and Topanga's mom are helping the bride to be with her hair and nails before the big day. Topanga's mom compliments her daughter, She's going to be the most beautiful bride to Panga response. I just want everything to be perfect for Corey. I love him so much. This day is just full of so much love. Set up, set up, set up, set it up. On cue, Sean bursts through the door. I hate him. He's a self centered, whining, demanding, miserable little white boy. I thought that is so funny and.
Speaker 2: Like just has had Like Shawn's never really expressed this, like, no, it's nice to hear. Yeah, it's great because it's accurate.
Speaker 4: He sees it too. He sees it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, is it funny though, that you call him a white boy. Angela wonders what happened my brother? It's so funny and mim mix Corey get the Texedos palm, is my toes, tie the cans to the car. I'm his best man, not a hamster to Pega still wonders, but you got the tuxes right, Sean scowls. You two deserve each other. He stomps over to the couch and Angela follows close behind. She wants to know what's really wrong. Sewn insists it's Corey. He has no idea what he ever saw on him to Pega butts in with a nervous smile. Shawn, see, this is my wedding day, and I would really appreciate it if there wasn't any tension. Sean stubbornly explains, if someone's abusing him, he's going to lash out, and so to Pega grabs him by the neck and pushes him into the door. No one's abusing anybody. This is my wedding day. How dare you? The best man? Cannot hate the groom? Sean asks for help as she slams the back of his head into the wall. You're going to ruin my wedding pictures. Rhiannon jumps in. Honey, you're killing him. Sean gasps for air and looks to the sky ahead. I'm coming down down.
Speaker 4: This one one small thing I would have done, is Angela right away? Going all right, what's this really about? Well? Right now it's about the tuxedos and him being I would have just moved that scene a little bit later. I like that she's the one to ask what it's about, but at this point it's it seems like it could just be about the tuxedos, and he's running me ragged, and that's where he comes in.
Speaker 3: It's very telegraphing to the I mean not the telegraphing, it's just directly telling the audience that this is about more.
Speaker 4: It's about something else right away, and it's like I just would have pushed it just a little bit. I will also say, and I've said this before in many episodes, but sometimes it just jumps out. Trina is stunning in this episode.
Speaker 3: She looks so.
Speaker 4: Good in this episode. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Angela, I also like a big, really easy fix, like because my first note, my first thing that I wrote down was like Sean is really whiny, and he's like he's sort of the Corey of this episode at the beginning. It becomes less that, but I thought would have been if there was like one thing that Corey actually did, like forgot something, you know, like because as it is, it's just he's annoying me and demanding, and it's like, get over it, dude, like you know, whereas if it's like he forgot Sean's birthday was two days ago whatever and still hasn't acknowledged it, you know, like something real and like concrete that Sean can point to and be upset about, ridiculously upset about, like and you know, pettily so, but as it is just kind of like this generic complaint about Corey and it's like, well, that's just Corey, dude, Like when did you really not see this coming? Well?
Speaker 3: And also as the best man, it is kind of you do have a lot of your job.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of stuff to do, a lot of stuff as a thing, and Sean, by all accounts, is excellent at getting done and you know, getting tuxedos, getting He's he's the guy who could get deals and do it so and also be very cool when Corey's freaking out, He's always the one just kind of rolling his eyes and being so I feel like this whole conflict is set up poorly. It should actually be set up with Sean's like taking abuse, taken abuse, taking abuse and then snaps and why does he snap? And it could be something very specific like oh, it's been a year since my dad died and nobody's mentioned it, or you know whatever it is right, and then it's like, that's what I'm going to lose my friend because he didn't do this thing.
Speaker 3: It's indication preoccupied with himself.
Speaker 2: Virus think, So now I can there's evidence that I'm going to lose my friend in a real way. Instead it's just Sean complaining away.
Speaker 4: You could also do it from Corey's side to where it's it's essentially Sean is doing everything perfectly, and it's like, what about the tuxes?
Speaker 1: Got him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what about it? Got it? And then it's with one small little thing, but what about this? And then it's like what is your problem? And it's because he keeps trying to push him away because they don't get till that till later where he's like, why do you think I've been sending you all over the place? It's like whoh, I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that st and we're like screaming and crying at each other. I was like, this is great because it's all you know, it's that classic, it's all finally coming out. So I just yeah, I wish it had been buried.
Speaker 4: Sep could have been a little bit better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Angela reminds her that if she kills him, the best man would be Eric. The idea of this replacement sinks in and to Panga releases the hold. Sean falls to the ground and tells Angela they're both psycho. Tapanga asks Sean, how can there be anything wrong between you and Corey? You love him more than I do. Rannon shoots a look at her daughter and to Pega explains, it's true, but I'm okay with it. As everyone returns to the kitchen, Angela asks Sean what's wrong with Corey? And he complains, our entire friendship has always been about him. How does Corey feel? What is Corey thinking? Angela still doesn't believe that's what it's really about, Shshean caves, you'd think on his wedding day he'd realize how hard this is for me. And with that, sad music plays and he storms out of the apartment. And then we're in the Matthews living room, now being turned into a wedding venue. Alan is moving a floral arrangement and Corey is stressing where is his best man, he's getting married in four hours. Eric trails him repeatedly gloating it should have been me. Then Eric decides now would be the perfect time to give his little brother the pre wedding sex talk. Phoene, also in preparation mode, utters goodie. As Eric sits Corey down, he gives his mom a shout out, Take notes, mommy. Eric Matthews is giving lesson in human boinging's funny funny words. Amy, like much of the audience, covers her face and disbelief, while Alan mimics the sentiment. Yet Eric persists lesson one sex without love is empty and hollow. But then he lights up and grabs his dad by the shoulder. And that's just the way we men like it.
Speaker 4: And then you see Rusty just make Rusty break. Yeah, in the background, I'm just making I do that at this point, what point matt and I are laughing during the wedding. It's just in the background where just now just make each other laugh.
Speaker 2: We're just it's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy Pene tries to save the day. Eric, You're completely missing the beauty of human sexuality. It's not just a physical act, it's the intimacy between two people sharing their souls. Eric counters maybe for old people. Phoene shakes his head and calls them crazy before exiting the room. Corey goes back to complaining about Sean. How hard can it be to get the tuxes, the wedding cake, and the rings. Eric whispers in his ear fire, Sean, you know you want to. Amy stands up for Sean. You too are best friends, and you're going to stay best friends. Cory isn't so sure. Why is his best friend trying to sabotage his wedding day? On cue, Sean enters carrying a bag and cake box. Now I'm sabotaging your wedding day. Corey asks about the tuxedos, and Sean huffs, I don't have them yet. I've been tying tin cans to the Volvo for the last hour. My fingers are bleeding. Corey is confused. We don't have a Volvo, we have a Chevy. Sean wonders, then, who has a Volvo. Phoene walks in carrying a string of tin cans. Who's been tying cans to my car? Sean says, oh, this is too much pressure. Corey doesn't get it. What's going on here? Sean asks, has it occurred to you that this is the last day we're ever going to be Corey and Sean? You know, Sean and Corey. For a few seconds, Corey is completely silent, then glances down at the tin cans beans. You picked beans. Sean wonders why that it's an issue? So Corey shouts, beans, don't say eternal love and happiness. Eric pipes up, I know what they say, such.
Speaker 4: A bad joke, but it's actually made me laugh. I don't know why I giggled. I was like, it's just a twelve year old fart joke, and I giggled. I couldn't help it.
Speaker 3: What do beans say? What do you think?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: What's the joke?
Speaker 2: Just the joke is it makes you fart? Yeah, that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Got it? Okay. Sean is getting frustrated. He's trying to talk to his best friend, but Corey insists he doesn't want to talk about it right now. Instead, he wants to know if Sean picked up the honeymoon tickets from the travel agent.
Speaker 4: And that's when I had a visceral reaction and just was like the Honeymoon episode's coming up, and literally I already started dreading the second I heard that. I was like, oh God, it's coming.
Speaker 2: If it's a favorite episode of it won't be.
Speaker 4: It won't be.
Speaker 3: Oh god, never going to happen. Oh god, Oh I don't think you're in it.
Speaker 2: I must be because I was in every episode. I know I'm in.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, maybe you're tight because I think by the time we get to the island, it's just Corey Tapanga and Eric yikes.
Speaker 3: Alan tries to de escalate the situation, but Corey stops him. No, Dad, please, I just want a guy who can pick up the tuxedos and tie some cans together. I want a competent best man, so Sean angrily responds, then get a new one now.
Speaker 4: In all fairness, I don't mean to be a jerk, but in all fairness, if you're four hours from the wedding and you still haven't gotten the tuxedos, Like, how do you not have the tuxedos two weeks beforehand? And you shouldn't be doing all this the last three hours before the wedding?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you're renting tuxedos, don't you have like seventy two hours or something?
Speaker 4: You can't get a little longer than that because they're fitted and they're everything, and then you pick them up. I mean, it's kind of it's not four hours before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, and why are you picking up the tickets from the travel agent on the day of the wedding. This seems one like you're his assistant and two like just bad organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's helping.
Speaker 4: It's you can't have Jack, can't go and he's your brother. Can't have you go and tie something to the car while somebody else picks up the tuxes.
Speaker 2: Like nothing, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: As Sean leaves the room and Corey forces him to confirm his suggestion, Eric squirms with excitement. He rushes over to his brother and points out that Sean has folded under the pressure. I'll go pick up the tuxedos. I'll tie the cans to the subaru. It's all taken care of. Eric rushes outside and Corey offers Sean the roll of an usher, but he doesn't want to be an usher. So Corey asks, do you want to walk Nana Boo boo down the aisle? Sean doesn't want to walk Nana Booboo anywhere.
Speaker 2: Booboo references. Do we have fun play it's just a funny sound, yeah, to say four or five.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: It's and I don't know why that was so funny to me. I don't want to walk Nana boo boo anywhere anywhere. Corey's at a loss. Then what does he want to do? Sean answers, I don't want to do anything. Corey scoffs, you don't want to do anything at my wedding, and Sean finally shouts, I'm not going to your wedding. He storms out, as Corey yells at him, fine, then don't go. We have a tense commercial break, and then we returned to the Matthews living room. Alan, Feenie, and Cory are now all standing around and white tank tops, boxers and high socks with garters waiting for their tuxes. Corey paces the room impatiently, and Jack walks in wearing the same get up. The inmates scream like horror movie victims at the sight of this time.
Speaker 4: Matt Lawrence walking in, whoh hey, I will say this. He pulled it off. He pulled it off. That look, my friend, God.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's really not any look he can't pull off. So I just spoke to Sean and I'm sure he'll forgive you if you just give him a call. Corey spits back, Sean can kiss my groom tocas in hell. Then Eric enters, notably in a tuxedo, bragging mirror mirror on the wall. Who's the best best man of all? He responds back with the return of Cartman voice. You are Eric, you are Oh my gosh, the amount of just imitations you're doing of other characters Cartman and then Father of the Bride.
Speaker 4: Yep later Yeah, at this point I think I'm just we're just playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Feoeney bursts his bubble. Hey, moron, where are the tuxedos? Eric confidently explains they're in the limo. Alan asks what limo, and Eric reveals the limo that's taking us to Corey's wedding. You didn't think I'd let them get married in this dump, did you? Amy is terrified? What did Eric do? Eric cuts her off, No time, We're on a schedule. The girls are already on their way, so we got to move people.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is crazy. Can you imagine the day of switching locations? And like the idea that they had decorated the Matthew's house with folding chairs, and like that's pretty much it is. Is just insane. Yeah, like, how does everybody who has an invitation to go to the hotel?
Speaker 3: Like there's no logic at all, there's no actual like how to really pull this off?
Speaker 4: Email? He emailed everyone, right, it was a hotmail account at the time, and I think he emailed everyone.
Speaker 3: The guys remind Eric they're almost naked, but Eric doesn't care. He turns into a drill sergeant. We got to move, peopball move beepall Feoene walks out and Eric notes nice legs. Corey boasts, tell Sean, my new best man just got me a limo. Jack asks before or after the groom took us in. Hell. Alan stops on his way out and asks Eric, is this going to be very very bad? He shrugs, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Hell. Everyone just goes too. Yeah, we're the entire location.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's just trust you and no one.
Speaker 4: Locks the door behind.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing I noticed. It's very unsafe. Put a sign for all the guests that are going to show up.
Speaker 4: Yeah something, here's where we're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're at this hotel, and now we're at the exterior of the Philadelphia Victorian Hotel. Everyone now black tie ready enters the elegant banquet room in Awe Hotel. Staff run around completing the floral arrangements. Jack grins, this is an Eric thing. Then his tone changes. He nervously remembers, this is an Eric thing. Alan is concerned. I'm not paying for this. Eric condescendingly asks his dad. You never made any real money, did you.
Speaker 4: I remember when we first the very first take, the whole audience went ooh, like, what a thing is saying you're dead? That is Eric, who's like sleeping on people's couches is just but yeah, I'll never forget that. The first time I said it, and then Rusty, I think we even broke because the rest of you are like, oh, they.
Speaker 5: Didn't, they didn't.
Speaker 2: They kept it in so we didn't change it.
Speaker 4: Huh, yeah, enough didn't change the line. But oh yeah. The first time they heard it, inmates did not.
Speaker 2: Like it's funny. I wonder if you delivered it differently.
Speaker 4: I don't know, honestly, don't remember, but yeah, it was. But it was one of those times where it's like, Oh, that was.
Speaker 2: First remarkable how much Eric can get away with do you know what I mean? Because his heart's already always in the right place, so he can say the meanest thing, but it never comes across as mean.
Speaker 4: Really, if he's saying with a lilt, people people like it. Yeah right, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Uh, Alan quips No, but I had you, so I'm twice cursed. Amy cuts to the chase. What's the deal here? Eric explains, this is the most important day in my little brother's life, and I came through, so you can either have a great time or be all cynical and think something fishy's going on. Then the hotel manager appears behind Eric and asks, is everything to your satisfaction? Mister Peterman? Eric confidently responds, indeed it is, mister Peterman. The manager insists to let him know if anything is needed, and then Eric shows him away. Everyone approaches Eric or this mister Peterman and stares at him. Eric asks, why are you all looking at me? Then we're in the bridal suite. To Panga, wearing her veil and a robe, nervously asks her bridesmaids, do you think anything's gonna change after I get married. Angela and Rachel are now wedding ready, and Angela insists, no, nothing is going to change, just because you're moving out and setting up house and you're gonna be with Corey all the time and maybe have kids someday. Then the realization hits her, gosh, I'm never gonna see you again, am I. They hug as the audience aws to Panga asks do you want me to call it off? Angela responds, I want you to be happy, and Tapanga tell's are I want you to be happy too, and they embrace each other. I assume that call it off thing was a joke, but there are no laughs and everyone responded earnestly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but this is nice to have a scene with, you know. Yes to Panga's POV and her friendships, I wish there was a little more meat to it, like a little more like what is Angela's character actually? Like what is Rachel's character actually? Because instead it's just very generic. But it's nice.
Speaker 4: It's also friendships. It's friendship because if you watch it again, it's just and Angela talking and then Rachel at the end like and I'm here too, and like throwing their arms around like oh geez.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I wish, I just wish that Angela's character had a little bit more to do here, you know, or yeah.
Speaker 4: I would say, hot take, of the entire series of Boy Mets World, you could argue the most underutilized character that I want to know more about is Angela. Yeah, because and there's plenty of candidates for Hey, I'd love to know more about this character, but I think she'd be at the top of especially you know, you find out that her dad's in the military and what happened with her family. There's want so much, yeah, so much to mine there that I think, looking back, that's the character I would like to have seen.
Speaker 2: More, and there were not you know, when they had the like Corey in her episode where it's like we're going to have our own friendship. Yeah, but then also like, yeah, no real meet between her and Topanga, which is that should be really important.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry, but seeing Sean at one point like bringing her family, like like building out her family more and doing a scene where it's Sean in a you know, at home with an entire black family and the cultural differences. I mean, there's so much to mine there that is a learning moment but also comedy moments. I mean, there's so much you could have done there that could have been a really interesting way to go about it, but it just never happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the potential for her character, it was definitely laid out that she is incredibly important not only in Shawn's life, but into Panga's life. And yet it's just because we are told it. Yep, she's important to me, but like, you don't actually show us this relationship, show us her family, show us her how Yeah. Yeah, very underutilized for sure.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's any possibility that one of the reasons they didn't do it is because there is a real chance that people would start to care way more about Sean and Angela than they did Corey into Panga.
Speaker 2: I mean, but they dedicate a lot of time to Sean and Angela. Think about it. Season six was like a lot of the two or three episodes I would say, where the arc of the episode is about breaking up getting back together. So I don't know if they were afraid of that. I think they just didn't, you know, even in those episodes, it's just like I love you, I miss you, I can't be with you you know, it's all about like Shawn's issues. It's not about like who she is as a person or what she's you know, it's just always kind of well, I guess the last episode with her dad, it's about her being scared.
Speaker 3: And I think if they spent too much time on now that you're saying that will if they spend too much time on Angela's character, wouldn't it really feel like the boy of Boy Meets World was definitely Sean at this point?
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what I'm saying, Like he's also a more likable character than Corey, and so you wonder if it's it would have just they're like, we can't you We're essentially giving the entire show to Sean and then by extension to Sean and Angela as almost to Corey and t Banga, And I wonder if it's just too much of a focal shift.
Speaker 2: For another thing that could really because they made the decision to not address race, it kind of the ability to develop her character, because you can't without acknowledging it at a certain point, you know. And I think that probably every pitch that went down the road of like let's get to know Angela's home life was like exactly what you said, will, Like, Sean is a white guy and they're all black family, Like, what would that be like? And you can't not address it? I don't think. But then again we never address it and they reverse, so I don't right, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, Rachel joins in for a group hug, I want you to be happy. Three. Angela shouts you're getting married today, and the girls all squeal in excitement. And then back in the ballroom, a three piece orchestra plays classical music and Corey stands at the altar as efficient Willie Garson enters. Then the groomsmen and bridesmaids make their way down the aisle, starting with Jack and Rachel, then Feenian Morgan, then Angela and Eric excluding Sean, and then Michael Jacob's kids as ring bearer and flower girl. Do we recognize anyone else in the audience.
Speaker 4: I was looking for. I saw Sarah Stalkers the back of her head, but I didn't actually see the Stalker family, Okay, and I know they're on I think if you're looking, according to Pang, I think they're on the right side.
Speaker 2: Some reason, I thought they were in the front row.
Speaker 3: I thought they were too, and I do.
Speaker 2: Actually see them this time.
Speaker 3: There are three people in the front row, really as close to camera as you can get that I'm like, I don't think they were stalkers, but they are very clearly hand selected. They're somewhat important too, But I don't But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I didn't. That would have been the only people I recognized were the Sheer family, and I didn't recognize anybody else.
Speaker 3: Okay. Once the flower girl makes it to the altar, she points at Jack and ushers him over. She confidently tells him you are very hot. The audience boots and hollers, and Jack uncomfortably whispers thanks, then walks her to her position. Now concern to Eric approaches the ring bear. Hey, where are the rings? The little boy responds, that's your job, slick. I'm just here to look cute. Then he waves to the yellings. Studio audio just.
Speaker 4: Turns of waves. They're like, all right, let's keep it in. We're fine. He's waving to the camera. You're good.
Speaker 3: Now they have sad cards. Eric lets out a nervous laugh and assures Corey that everything's fine. Angela pulls Eric to the side you forgot the rings, didn't you? He admits, yes, but I remember my underwear. Angela begins to walk away, but Eric grabs her arm and gasps, oh, I didn't.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: He takes his place as best man, just as the bridal March begins to play. When you said that, By the way, the first thing I thought was what superhero I as you wearing. I was like, Oh, I'm confusing.
Speaker 4: Did you forget to wear your Spider Man's today? What I would wear to a wedding? It's a former?
Speaker 5: Did you wear?
Speaker 3: What did you wear at your wedding?
Speaker 4: I think I wore a big like adult underwear. Yeah, like big boy pants. Yeah. Oh I think I did. I think I do.
Speaker 3: Everyone stands and looks toward to Panga, who's standing next to her third dad. She's wearing a beautiful off the shoulder, long sleeve dress, and Corey beams at her. She smiles back as she and Jededia begin their descent down the aisle. When they get to the altar, her father reaches a hand out for Corey, who steps down and takes it. Jededid kisses Topanga's hand and unites it with Corey's. He tells them to be good to each other, and the camera cuts to an affected rhiannon Jedediah takes his seat and Corey and Tapanga look at each other lovingly.
Speaker 4: It should have been all three fathers. You should have had just for giving away all three just one way third away, the next, the next third.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's actually what happened at my wedding. Yeah, Sue has three brothers, so they each walked her a third of the way down the aisle, which is cool. But yeah, but just not even mentioning it. Just the three dads there, the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: To Panga beams and asks him, We've waited for this moment all our lives. What are you thinking. Corey takes a deep breath. I can't believe Sean's not here to Pega tears up. I love you.
Speaker 4: Too, great moment.
Speaker 2: That was a very very again talking past each other, this is this is just hearing what they want to hear, saying what they want to say. They're not listening to each other at all. It's a a joke.
Speaker 3: But it's the same, is is it a joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: They approached the officiant hand in hand and he begins the ceremony. He's proud to be here at the wedding of Myra and Harold to Panga and Corey are confused, and Eric pops up into the shot, urging everyone to just keep going. The Efficiant hands things over to the mother of the groom, a missus Florence Peterman, to perform a song.
Speaker 4: I love how then she gets up like that was the plan the whole time, So Florence Peters Peterman was gonna sing.
Speaker 2: I will say, the name joke is overdone. Like I think it should have just been the mother of the you know, this should just be the mother to the exactly or whatever it wants to say, mother the groom. And just like because they hit it, like you doing the mister Peterman joke was great because you call yourself mister or you call him mister Peterman, right right, But then we do it like five more times before the end, and it's like everyone knows what's happening.
Speaker 4: So she did they tell her when she walked in, you're gonna sing a song.
Speaker 3: The thing that I think they I think they they I think it's supposed to be that she was always going to sing a song at Corey and Tapega's wedding, which is why she's not caught off guard. Right but now there, but but now it would almost seem as though she's like, wait, they got my name wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then was Florence Peters and Peterman? Was she supposed to sing at that wedding?
Speaker 3: It's also going to sing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, it's a lot. Yeah, I agree. You don't need you to need the joke there yet. Just yeah.
Speaker 3: Amy takes her spont next to the orchestra and blows a kiss to the couple. She starts to sing I Love you truly, and then Sean walks in, wearing his tuxedo and making a bee line to Corey. He reaches into his pocket. Here, you're going to need these rings. Cory grins, I knew you'd come. Shawn assures him he wouldn't miss this. Cory apologizes for everything, and Sean nods, yeah, you should be, but we'll talk about it after you get back from the honeymoon. Okay. Sean goes to take his place with the groomsmen, but Corey is confused. Wait a minute, what do you mean I should be? Sean reminds him he's been a jerk and blames his poor best man skills and trying to sabotage his wedding day. Sean calls that ridiculous. If I wanted to sabotage your wedding day, I do this. Amy continues to sing as Corey straightens his tucks and laughs, you do not want to do that. Then he turns his back to Sean and points get him to Panga. Sewn shouts, I mean, get him it's also.
Speaker 4: But it's the position that he's in his back. Turn get him to Haga like it was.
Speaker 2: Like a.
Speaker 3: Sean shouts, you know what, I shouldn't have even come here, have a wonderful life, jerk. As he walks away, Corey screams after him. You two trailer trash.
Speaker 4: Great cut. It's because it's like only the thing your best friend can say to you that he's never said to you before. He's been holding it in reserve, and it's just like and.
Speaker 2: Sason one, it's season one reference because you know, so it's like the perfect joke because it's it's an insult that connects to how we met Sean basically, like that was the you know, the Christmas episode about the basketball and like the gift, you know, it was about Sean being poor, and it was about Sean and Corey having not understanding that and misunderstanding how to deal with that. Was like the it's like the foundation of the friendship that we've seen developed, you know, and it's like it's such a good callback to make that the like the under the belt.
Speaker 3: Move so painful though, like it's of all the things I would.
Speaker 4: Be like, no, great, what would now do you think Sean should have had a deeper cut than like something like it's like Corey elevated it. What would Sean's equivalent of trailer trash bend for Corey instead of just jerk? Yeah, maybe that's no, But I think the point is that, like once you said trailer trash, like all bets are off. Oh yeah, and now we can just physically assault when the scream and cry and yell and like it's all good, Like you know, it's like it's just you need something to rip it open. And then the fact that you get to jump in there with the joke, it's perfect because it softens it immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know without that though, it's pretty it's right, but yes, immediately then it makes our shock, Yeah, but Eric lets out a miniac will laugh.
Speaker 2: Josh Shawn's bored see, and it's because Eric can't be mean. It's like perfect because it's like it's exactly what Matt Johnson talked about when he came on, is that like you're so lovable that you can say something like that, yeah, And it softens. It even helped Corey because otherwise Corey could be for saying this, you know, but as it is, like, we just love it, We just want to laugh.
Speaker 4: God, it's funny.
Speaker 3: The tension is undeniable, and Sean screams in anger and runs towards Corey like braveheart. As he jumps on the groom, all the groomsmen try to pull them apart, while the women watch it unfold in horror, and Corey yells, this is my wedding day. Meanwhile, Eric calmly praises the efficient. You're doing great. Just try not to use the word Peterman anymore. All right, Sean shouts at Corey as he's held back. He doesn't care that we're not going to be best friends anymore. Cory asks why do you keep saying that? And Sean yells back, because you won't talk about it. Cory screams, I don't want to talk about it. Why do you think I've been sending you everywhere? They both start to cry, and Sean demands we have to talk about it. Then Corey completely breaks down. I don't want to just hysterictle. Sean stomps his foot. We have to, and emotionally exhausted, Cory asks, such a.
Speaker 4: Good this might be one of my favorite Corey Sean scenes in the entire series. It's just just the two of you going on each other and going, like the regression of where you start and where you end up is so.
Speaker 2: Good and it makes this dynamic. Wasn't around then I really bump because we miss this is fun, miss fun stuff and like.
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Still tearing up, Sean explains, after you get married, things are going to be different, and I don't have a lot of friends, you know. Defeated, he takes a seat at the altar reminder the entire wedding, including the bride, is watching the unfold silently. Corey joins him and admits, I don't know what's gonna happen. What do you want me to do? Sean says, I don't know do you really like her?
Speaker 4: Oh? Great, great beat, because he just takes its two kids sitting there on the playground, and you take that moment and then you're just like, do you really like her? It was so earnest and oh it was just this scene is so good.
Speaker 2: It's a great scene. Yeah, it's so fun.
Speaker 3: The audience laughs, and Corey immaturely smiles, Yeah, I really do. Sean asks you sure. Tapanka has now joined them and crouches down to tell Sean how understanding she's been. Really think I've been very taller and tear Shawn nods, okay, marry her. As Topanga returns to her position, Corey asks, you're giving me your blessing. Sean says, yeah, well, we got to grow up sometime, and then they kiss. Just kidding, wouldn't have been shocking. I don't know he knows about time. The ceremony now continues. Topanga has started vows at the now resumed ceremony. She admits she never thought this day would come, but he did, or that love could survive everything they put it through, but he was always strong and always sure. Then the camera flips around and she's talking to Corey and Sean now arm in arm with matching huge smile. Corey turns to Sean, I have to talk to her now, okay. Sean tells him to go ahead, and then leaves the two of them alone at the altar. Corey starts his vows by explaining that ever since he was young, he never understood anything about the world or his life. The only thing that ever made sense to him was Topanga and how he felt about her. It's all he's ever known, and that's enough for the rest of his life. She looks at him teary eyed, and he asks, are we gonna get married? She laughs, yeah, we are. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out the rings. He places one on her finger and says, I love you, Topanga. She responds, I love you too, Corey. Alan and Amy tear up as they watch this unfold, and Corey and Tapanga turned to the officiant to finish the ceremony. He continues, finally asking if they take one another as husband and wife, and they agree, I do so by the power vested and Willie Garson and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He pronounces them husband and wife. They kiss as the inmates cheer like the Phillies just won the world series. The offician declares, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, for the first time ever, mister and missus Harold Peterman. Everyone including the newly married couple, freeze in confusion, but Eric encourages everyone to applaud, insisting it's okay Harold. The wedding guests all stand up and applauds Corey into Panga, hug and kiss each other. Now as husband and.
Speaker 4: Wife now pointing out the obvious here, probably not a legally binding marriage.
Speaker 3: I would imagine that. No, just saying marriage certificate, it's not going to be their names on it, just.
Speaker 2: Saying yeah, I would have saved all the Peterman jokes until then, do you know what I mean? Like that could have been a bigger everybody as it is. It's like, all right, we know this one's going, but man, I was feeling so good, like I was just like I was stoked on this whole. See. I think this part of the episode is just us at our best.
Speaker 3: I agree, I know this part's really nice. Now at the reception, couples are slow dancing and Rachel is stuck with a young cousin in who is another son of Michael Jacob's. The boy confidently says, maybe we can go somewhere later. The audience is wild about the idea of scamming with a pre pubescent boy, but Rachel begs a nearby Foene for help. He taps the boy on the shoulder and tells him to scram Zippy, taking his spot on the dance floor. Amy and his.
Speaker 4: Wife, by the way, not doesn't doesn't join him at the wedding. She's not invited, okay, just curious he didn't get a plus, he hates her after.
Speaker 3: The way she treated her during the Stewart trial.
Speaker 4: She does invite after Stuart Nice.
Speaker 3: Amy and Allan are also dancing and agree that this was an amazing wedding. Amy wonders how Eric could have ever pulled it off. They didn't get it with the fifty name jokes. I mean, it's pretty clear it's somebody else's wedding.
Speaker 4: Nobody got it.
Speaker 3: Alan explains that's the first thing I'll ask him when I visit him in Attica. Then they cut into Corey into Panga's dance trading partners and eliciting more owz from the audience. Amy tells her son that she's proud of him, and even though he's a married man, he's still there, little boy.
Speaker 4: I have to I have to say, I had to point out this is one thing I've started to notice in the last few episodes. Have you noticed Rusty's doing a thing now where he's just loudly hitting the last word of every joke.
Speaker 2: No better had you?
Speaker 4: So I'm twice cursed and you know, yeah, I'll see him in Attica. It's like he's just it's that's the Rusty go to.
Speaker 2: Wi't be Rusty.
Speaker 4: He's sitting the last word of every joke like as hard as he possibly can.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny. Alan, on the other hand, tells Tapanga when he makes you nuts, you call me to Penga smiles, thanks Dad, Dad number four. Then Sean clinks his champagne flute while standing on a chair. He'd like to propose a toast.
Speaker 2: He began standing on the chair. Seemed really weird, didn't it seem weird to you guys. I'm standing on a cushion on the chair.
Speaker 4: I know it's a fry chair. You got the expensive one.
Speaker 3: Those are Chavari chairs.
Speaker 2: They are, aren't They know the Chavar.
Speaker 4: That just meant I thought, oh, maybe you're right, maybe those are the fully draped ones of those of the Shafari chairs.
Speaker 2: I don't I was just looking at and going like, why am I?
Speaker 3: Why do you have to stand?
Speaker 2: Why stand class at all? And then why am I? You know, like I just kept thinking about footprints on the white cushion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, I wrote Safari chair. That's a different thing.
Speaker 3: C h I V A R I.
Speaker 4: Scabies just came up.
Speaker 2: It's important. Stuff. Got to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 4: No, I want to know what that.
Speaker 2: I've never heard this word in my life. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: They're like the wedding chairs their wedding It's like, do you want the Chavarry chair.
Speaker 3: This is a Chavari chair. This that's why I'm saying. It's not a draped thing. It's these These are Chavarry chair.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: That's what the chair that they had with little.
Speaker 2: Yeah cushions.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you're right, He begins, this is for Harold and Myra. What's up with that?
Speaker 5: Eric?
Speaker 3: Eric suspiciously responds nothing, just talk fast, all right, and he walks off. Sean continues his speech. I may not be the best man, but I am the best friend. They've been best friends their whole lives, and the wedding has been hard for him because he knows they won't be best friends forever. Things are changing between us. Things have always been changing. We've had to deal with life and death and feeni. But no matter what they've always faced, they've always faced it together. Deep down, they both know they won't be best friends anymore, and that's the way it should be. He declares a toast to Topanga, Corey's wife and new best friend. His voice cracks. Take care of him, okay now crying, she promises that she will. He gives familiar advice. When he makes you nuts, call me. They share a big hug, and Sean announces to Corey and Topanga. The crowd raises their glasses to Corey and Topanga, and I was like, really, Danielle was fully emotional.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: And moments like this works so much better when the entire episode isn't melodramatic exactly, when you exactly comedy and wackiness than these just land harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you have it in the unexpected times, right, Yeah, Sean wasn't supposed to give a speech. It wasn't, you know, but like it's yeah, and like I said, the vows were so understated in a nice way that it's like, oh right, yeah, it's good. Good episode.
Speaker 3: Eric is up next. Now, I'd like to give my gift to my little brother and new sister in law. Tapanga insists the wedding was more than enough, and Eric agrees it was, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: And they should They missed a joke there because Eric always screws up relationships like I do in my real life, So it should have been like to my brother and new stepdaughter, you know, something along those, because I always do that with my son in law. I'm always like my step son, like, damn it, that's not what he is. So yeah, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he still has one more trick up his leave. He holds a key to the honeymoon suite in the Philadelphia Victoria Hotel, so that after this, before where Eric can even finish his words, Corey grabs the key into Panga yells.
Speaker 2: Bye because he's horny and get a guy. Corey went a virgin for twenty years.
Speaker 4: What do you expect?
Speaker 3: They run them out of the room, and this audience continues their horny ways. Everyone toasts them leaving, and Eric returns to his table. Jack finally asks the question we've all been dying to ask, How did Eric accomplish this? Angela needs to know too. Eric braggs it was child's play. He went to go pick up the tuxes and he saw them setting up for this hoity toity Peterman wedding. Rachel cuts in, you mean the disposable diaper Peterman's. Eric nods, and Rachel adds their wedding is the social event of the year. Eric explains, yeah, well, now, what's notice?
Speaker 2: So they've heard the name Peterman like sixteen times and this is just now decided that they know.
Speaker 4: What they and they apparently they all know it well enough to know that their business is disposable diapers and the wedding is the social event of the year, right right?
Speaker 2: It never never never heard to them when they said Howard and Myra the nope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a terrified Jack needs to know what he did. Eric casually reveals he went to the payphone and called the operator to talk to the hotel, and while he was waiting, he noticed some schmutz on the receiver, possibly dried vomit or gum. It tasted more like gum. Jack can't handle this, get on with the story, so Eric smugly continues. I told the hotel I was EJ. Peterman, and I had to get my daughter married sooner because she was pregnant.
Speaker 4: Hours sooner, three hours sooner.
Speaker 3: So drink out, guys, because it's gonna hit the fan in about two seconds. Jack can't believe this. What kind of hotel moron would fall for something so stupid. Eric looks around the room and points to someone him. The camera shows a guy who looks just like Eric, but with a tiny mustache, so tiny mustache. Eric walks over to normal Eric and asks if everything's satisfactory in an accent that is somewhere between German and skeletor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't even know what I'm doing at the time. Do you ever think quite satisfactor, mister Petman? It was just like this. It's just no, there's no real thing to it. It's just an accent.
Speaker 2: It's like I thought maybe you were doing remember the war assistant.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's Hans. Hans is totally gentleman. But don't you remember we'd always go this is my humviye, no dinks, danks and scratches, I'll have you right, that's what I thought. Maybe no, mister Peterman, he's from a small country no one's heard of.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, we brought up Hans on this podcast before because was he on the show at one point?
Speaker 3: Like he was like, oh, we were just trying to name wardrobe people.
Speaker 2: Okay. I thought for some reason he like walked through the show or it was an extra. We're like, it's hants and but he was only with us for like one half a season or yeah, something like that. But he was he was I assuming he didn't like it, Yeah, mocking him. No, he was just he just had this part in the los I'm seeing you now. Yeah, all right, so you're just doing some French, German Spanish accent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a weird, just kind of like where the hell is this guy from kind of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eric responds quite satisfactory and compliments his tight ship and good looks. Then an older man in a suit appears, flanked by other older men in suits and one with a white handlebar mustache.
Speaker 4: And he told me that if I landed on boardwalk, I owed him fourteen hundred dollars for the hotel. He looks so much like the monopoly guy.
Speaker 3: What the hell is going on here? Eric knows he's cooked and quickly exits the room. The old man eyes down Eric's twin with fire in his eyes. I'm EJ.
Speaker 2: Peterman.
Speaker 3: Allen realizes Party's over, isn't it? HEJ continues, and I demand to know what the hell is going on here? Eric agrees with his dad, Oh yeah, it's over. Then he whistles and shouts run like how and all the guests flee at once.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Then we're in the tag. We're still in the ballroom. Tiny mustached Eric, now with an even more ridiculous accent, is trying to explain to mister Peterman that there was a wedding, and the old man growls, I know there was a wedding, but it was not my wedding. The part German, part Bronze and Pinchot in Beverly Hills. Cop Joppelganger tries to explain himself, but EJ doesn't want to hear it. They're yelling over one another, and EJ claims he's going to have a heart attack. Tiny mustache Eric ridicules mister Peterman's ascot and says he won't even pick up after him if he has a heart attack. EJ demands to see the manager and hotel Eric shrugs, go see the manager. He's a skimpy guy who doesn't tip.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is all ad libs.
Speaker 4: I was also trying to make fun of Michael a little bit there at the end, like in a joking way. I was trying to make a Michael Jacob's joke about he's the skinny little guy who never tips. Was I was like, I was thinking of Michael. I was trying to give him a little shot, like I went out to him like that was about you. At the end, He's like, oh, okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, guys. The next episode, season seven, episode eight, is called the Honeymooners.
Speaker 4: I don't think we should see it to skip it.
Speaker 5: Is it might not go somewhere.
Speaker 4: What do you mean we're arrested. It starts right at the hotel that I remember, ok because because they're about to be he's stealing the room and they're about to, you know, finally have sex, and there's a knock in the door because I remember one of somebody, the guy who plays the cop, was married to somebody on the show at the time, and he and I talked for a while. But Eric is like in handcuffs and Corey and to panger A dragged out of the room. So I don't know if that's still the honeymoon episode, but it must be.
Speaker 3: If it's called the Honeymoon, it's called the Honeymooners.
Speaker 4: I just know I end up as a coconut, and that's the funniest part of the episode.
Speaker 2: You're getting cooked.
Speaker 3: That's all I remember is that you're getting cooked in a.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I'm happy. I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much we liked this wedding episode. I'm gonna carry this feeling in show.
Speaker 2: Did we get picked up from the back nine? Like right after this.
Speaker 4: I'm dying to talk to somebody about when they knew because I'm curious when when.
Speaker 2: They knew it was, because I feel like this episode really delivered. And yeah, probably as a sweeps week episode was good, good, a hit.
Speaker 4: You know, the last episode.
Speaker 2: In this episode, I would be like, Ah, this show can still go on. You know, it doesn't have to end.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you all for joining us with for this episode of podmeets World as always. You can follow us on Instagram Pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 4: Why don't we just skip the Honeymoon episode, pretend we never shot it.
Speaker 3: Merch Pod Meets Worldshows dot Com will sent this out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, pod dismissed. Pod Meets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensenkarp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at podmets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com