Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR pre Show. It's Thursday, May twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: The weekends almost so you gotta love these three day weekends. We could always go to a three day weekend and do a lot today work week. That would be amazing. It is Shane Up, the Dude and Bill Rutletch. Give us a call on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, your Whiskey Thief Call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six KSR pre Show being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. That is where Billy is and that's where I will be tomorrow for the KSR Golf Scramble. I hope the weather's going to cooperate, Billy. I don't know if you've got a weather update for us, but it looks like tomorrow it's gonna be rainy, So bring your raincoat and a good attitude because we're gonna try to have fun regardless that.
Speaker 2: The Lexington Golf Scramble tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Look, if you're a golfer you've played in the rain before. It's the lightning in the thunderstorms that you can't play in, So bring a rain gear. Realize that there's gonna be a little alcohol on maybe every single hole at the KSR Golf Scrambler.
Speaker 2: So that's why most people signed up.
Speaker 3: You won't even notice the rain halfway through the rounds. So I'm really looking forward to it. And maybe we'll see Shannon the dude hit a golf shot tomorrow. Is that any chance?
Speaker 1: Probably not. You don't want me to hit a golf shot for you? Like as bad as Ryan Ryan is it putting. I'm just bad at golf. I was having this conversation with Tom Leech just an hour ago talking about the Golf Scramble, and I said, you know, I've tried to play golf.
Speaker 2: It's just not my game.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of weekends when I was younger out on a golf course and I just get frustrated.
Speaker 2: I end up throwing a club, I end up.
Speaker 1: Cussing, and I'm like, why am I wasting my time and money? You know, your your valuable time out on a golf course doing something that just doesn't fun. So I've still got some really out of date clubs in the garage, Billy, which I'm to part with for a very low price, just to get them out of my way. I've sort of given up on the game of golf. I don't think I was ever really much of a golfer to begin with, and it's frustrating. You know, it's like that balls right there. Why is that so hard to hit straight? It always hooks.
Speaker 3: It's a lifetime pursuit. So do not feel bad if you can't play the game very well if you've tried to pick it up on a whim. You know, I've been told Matt Jones is gonna face off with me at some point this summer on camera playing a little golf. So Shannon, I'm taking it really seriously right now. So my game has got to be in top shape if we're gonna get Mario out there with the camera. So maybe we'll talk about that a little bit more tomorrow, but I'm excited for it, there's no doubt.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We got big news about Otega away. We'll get to that in just a minute. But first before, right before we went on the air, I told Billy, hey, I have the opportunity to possibly interview Ace Freely, and you said, who is that? Who's as free And I don't know if I've ever been more disappointed in you ever in this show's history.
Speaker 2: You don't know who Ace Freely is.
Speaker 3: More of a you know, a visual learner, Shannon. So maybe if I see a face, I'll know who this person is.
Speaker 1: But what if I just said, have you ever heard of a little band called Kiss?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay was one of the original members of Kiss.
Speaker 1: Now he hasn't been in the band Kiss in years, all right, So you know, some people may think that it's not that big of a deal, but I think it is because he's the original guy with Kiss, with Geene Simmons and Paul Stanley, and he's going to be going out and doing a solo tour as he's been doing for years now, and he's coming into Louisville And they said, do you want to interview Ace Freely?
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah.
Speaker 1: The only thing is though, when you interview some of these guys and they, you know, don't want to talk.
Speaker 2: About their old bands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't really care about Ace Freely's solo band. I know he wants me to, so he has a solo career, right, a solo career, sure, But I'm everybody wants to hear about Kiss if you're doing an interview, and some of these, you know, guys that are members of former bands will go, Okay, I'll do the interview, but no questions about Kiss. And I've got it into my mind that if he says no questions about Kiss, I'll just hang up on them.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to put myself in an Ace's shoes. I thought of Ace Ventura when you said, that's how far off Jim Carrey, But like he probably gets asked that every single interview, right, every DJ across the country.
Speaker 2: That's his legacy. Though. That's how people know, you know.
Speaker 1: It's another thing, and bands will get really big off of one song, but they won't play the song live. Like nobody would know who you were if you wouldn't if you didn't have the song, and now you hate it. You know, nobody would know who Ace Freely is if you weren't in Kiss to begin with.
Speaker 3: So why would you not tell people tune in to hear about stories about Kiss?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: I Mean, it's it's kind of like the old adage and radio you need to be talking about the big story of the day, because when somebody tunes in and you're not talking about that story, I mean they're just gonna say, I mean, what are you doing? This is? This is what I want to hear about. So, you know, I I completely understand both sides. So what are you gonna do? Shannon?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: I mean you got to ask questions about Kiss right, And.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got to pretend to be interested in a solo career and promote his show Coming to a Louisill, which is the whole.
Speaker 3: Point of the game. Yeah, you know how to play the game.
Speaker 1: Then you pepper in the Kiss questions, Like Gene Simmons really a big jerk, like he seems.
Speaker 2: That he is.
Speaker 3: I know, Gene, hed I've definitely know that name.
Speaker 1: There's there's one great interview you can find on YouTube, and it's when Ace was still in the band, and he is like the one guy that's you know, they're in like full gear, wig makeup and everything, and the band's always you know, trying to look tough and try to be all serious. Meanwhile, Aace Freeley is just I don't know if he was drunk or what, but he was just like making a mockery of the entire interview and laughing because you know, Gene Simmons like, yeah, man, kids come out and they see us and they start crying, and he says, like, yeah, crying because.
Speaker 2: I spent all my money to see this band. They lost all their money.
Speaker 3: Well, he sounds funny though. It'd be a good interview for sure. You know, early on in the pre show history we talked about Kisses air guitar strings and how they actually sold that to people. So maybe he was the mastermind behind that.
Speaker 1: That screams Gene Simmons. You talk about a guy that would sell anything.
Speaker 2: They Billy.
Speaker 1: They literally sell Kiss coffins, Like, if you want to be buried six feet hundred and a Kiss coffin, you can buy one with the band's logo on it. They are the most like no band in the history of rock and roll or music in general has been better at marketing than the band Kiss.
Speaker 2: They'll put their logo on anything.
Speaker 3: Well, I love that to a degree. I got to think there's also some people in Big Blue Nation that probably have a Kentucky casket, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure, I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's just talk about the big Kentucky topic of the day.
Speaker 2: I didn't think.
Speaker 1: I wasn't expecting to lead off talking about Ace Freely until you said who. Then I was like, I can't let you go. I can't let you off the hook not knowing who as Freely is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the big news otaga Oway back not a surprise, Billy. I don't think anybody on KSR was too worried about it. Matt, maybe a little bit yesterday if you listened to the show. But let's be real, let's talk about otakea away and what it means for this Kentucky team. Now you have a complete roster. He was their most consistent player last year. He scored at least ten points and what would you say, ninety eight percent of their games. He was the guy who I think, Yeah, he was the guy that when the team was dealing with injuries, he carried Kentucky throughout the season. And he was just the most solid player that they've had in quite some time. Now that they've got the roster lockdown, I think this is a team, Billy, that has all the pieces to make a national championship run. I mean they have experience through the transfer portal editions. They have more athleticism than they did from last season's team. They have depth, which hurt them last year a little bit. But you know, you can go thirteen deep on a roster and still find a guy that's a top thirty player. That's a team that's I think shaped up for a deep run in March next year.
Speaker 3: The final piece of the puzzle falling into play, Shannon, I could not be happier to hear that otega Oway is back, and look, it's hard not to have that level of optimism thinking about a national championship or a Final four. When you see the depth and the talent on this year's roster and all the deficiencies that we saw in Mark Pope's roster in year one, you know he went out and filled those needs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Maybe you have a little less shooting, you don't have the Kobe Brea, but you got better athletes. You know, you got better defensively, You've got even more experience. So it's there's a lot to be happy about. But I think overall, when I hear Mark Pope talk about how important it is to be a second year player in his system, right, the read based offense and being able to not just to be able to react Shannon, you know, you know the offense by now already being in the system for a year, so maybe that can lead to a second year jump. I'm really excited for guys like Colin Chandler and Brandon Garrison and now otuga Oway, who was such a surprise last year, wasn't he. I mean, who thought he was going to be leading the team with sixteen points a game and two game winners and being really the heart and soul. And now he can be that leader once again and goes to show you that Kentucky's in a good place when it comes to nil.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've got Aberdeen leaving Florida after winning a national championship, after expecting to be a starter. Otega Oway it was either the NBA or Kentucky didn't even think about another school. So a lot of positive takeaways from this, but I'm just excited to see otaga Away play another year in Kentucky Blue. Right. I mean, that's just there is I mean, I think he's connected to the fan base in a lot of ways and is just a veteran piece that makes this roster from a top ten, top fifteen preseason team to maybe even top five.
Speaker 1: And I think he's going to be the best player next year too. You know, last year, going into Mark Pope's first year, we had no idea really what to expect. And I bring this up all the time because of just it was. It was a big breakout year for Oway. Nobody was talking about him this time last year when we were talking about the roster. Who's going to be the guy that you know is going to be the best player. No, I don't think anybody really mentioned Oway, and turns out he was the guy that had his surprise breakout season. I think that this year there's not going to be no surprise. I think that Oway is going to be the best player again. And you know, you look at what they've put together, what Mark Pope has been able to assemble with this roster.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's great. ESPN gave Pope.
Speaker 1: In his first year, his first off season or his first regular season. I should say, and A let me ask you, how would you grade Pope for this offseason recruiting?
Speaker 3: Would you give it the off season?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For recruiting? Can you give him an A? I mean, I don't think there's are much argument.
Speaker 2: For a bee.
Speaker 3: Well, look like you can. It's funny because this has been such an up and down process. You remember the first couple of weeks, the Mark Pope whiffs, the Yaxle guy that ended up going to Michigan. I think it was from UAB. There was a few that it was like you were beating your head up against the wall, right, Why is Mark Pope not going out there and getting some of these guys? But I think you can only give the grade by looking at the final roster. And I look at this fourteen deep team and can't help but be super optimistic. Like we've said about a top five roster and yeah, I mean, how do I give it an A minor shein? And I think I give it an A Yeah, I mean to retain otega Oway, to even bring back a guy like Brandon Garrison. You know you're not seeing guys enter the portal. I mean you see them possibly go to the NBA or graduate, but they don't look at the situation besides Travis Perry and say I can't make this work here. So I look, we sound like a broken record and we're not Sunshine pumpers, But I'm going a Shannon and for Otega. Man, this is great because if you're a late second round projected pick and you're getting a lot of positive feedback, then then you're on the fast track of being a first round pick, right. I mean, there is every opportunity for you to come back, have a great year and get that life changing contract in money. But is it really that life changing when you can make millions of dollars at the college level?
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, man, You know, you hear people complain all the time about NIL. Nil is bad for the game. In this situation, I think it's good for the game. This is probably a player that if NIL didn't exist, I think there's a good chance that he just goes off and becomes a second round pick, goes to the G League and tries to work his way up into the NBA. Right now, the NIL is in place, and as you just said, you can make more money at Kentucky than you could probably in a G league traveling or traveling around in a bus to random Midwestern towns. Why would you not come back? So you know, play for fans that were tired of the one and done system. If tired of these guys coming in one year going to the NBA. Wearely even get to know him. Nil is kind of bringing back college basketball to the way it was when you had guys that would come back for a second, third, fourth, some guys in the football side of things the seventh year. If you're Zach Calzada, so you know in that regard, I think NIL is good for the sport because it's bringing back guys that otherwise I think would probably go pro. And I will say this, we talk about players that get bad advice, I think O take it away, got some really good advice. Go ahead, work out for every team that will have you, because you never know next year when you are ready for the NBA, that team that you worked out for yesterday being the Brooklyn Nets, could be the team that ends up drafting you.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's correct. You'd be foolish not to do it. But while we're talking about NIL and evaluating Mark Pope's offseason, I can't help but think about the time where he said, you know, this is Kentucky. We want to be the best at everything, whether it be NIL or the transfer portal, everything that we do, we want to be the best at and that's the that's the mindset that you want the coach to have. And certainly when there were so much I guess caution when the nil era started here at Kentucky, right Mitch Barnhardt hesitant to embrace it, Stoops and Colu. Now I feel like we've really turned the full leaf into Hey, we've got the money and we're going to keep the guys that we want. I also want to wish the best of luck to Addo Theorro, who also decided to remain in the NBA draft not taken a third year with John Caliperry so always loved that guy and excited to see him excel at the next level.
Speaker 1: That always back, We want to hear from you. How are excited are you? That always back in? How are excited? How excited are you for this upcoming basketball season? Eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We're going to take a break, come right back and take your phone calls. It is the ksrpre Show. Welcome back, It is the KSR Pre Show.
Speaker 3: You know this song, Billy, of course, there you go.
Speaker 1: I saw a kiss a couple of years ago, but you know again, it's not the original members. I guess they think you can just throw some face, painting a wig on a guy and nobody will. You don't care. But if you, if you're a hardcore fan, though, you care that it's not the original members. But was it always make up like or did that like? Well, there was a there was a period where they didn't do makeup. I think they did an album where they didn't, Like, they played shows without any makeup on it.
Speaker 2: People are like, who are these guys?
Speaker 3: They sucked?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know, Kiss is a gimmick band to begin with. You got to have the makeup, you got to have the big hair, you gotta have the pyro. You take all that away, it's just some guys up there playing songs that nobody really cares about. It's it's more about the spectacle of going to a Kiss concert, I think than it is a lot of times about the music itself.
Speaker 3: You know, we're talking about Ace Freely, and one person on the text line, which is five O two two six five six six five six, says Billy, does STD know that Ace Freely is a genius with a very high IQ. I bet he doesn't go one.
Speaker 1: Up m Well, I mean if I just hang up on him, I feel like he's not there's no coming back from that.
Speaker 3: You are in control of the interview. Yeah, I mean, I mean I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing I'm doing him a favor. I'm promoting his show.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? He as a high IQ? Is he a super genius? Has he taking a test ineligence?
Speaker 2: How does this guy know that that he's a genius? Did he say he just.
Speaker 3: Listens to his interviews and name he's a well spoken guy.
Speaker 1: Maybe so south Side Chuck says, you said it. I've seen Counting Crows numerous times live and they refuse to play mister Jones live, the song that made them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, man, like with that?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it Weezer who refuses to play one of the songs?
Speaker 1: No, it's you're talking about Radiohead that won't play Creep.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Yeah, So I'm with you. You go there to see them play their hits and you can't get tired of your own song.
Speaker 1: Wow, Whether you get tired of it or not, it's not for you. It's for the fans, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, if Alice Blue Gown stops playing wagon Wheel like I am gonna love it, like.
Speaker 1: Well, we only play that for Ryan to be honest. Speaking of Alice Blue Gown. Tomorrow, our second single will be released. Yeah, the song that you actually like. I remember when we opened up for third op Line, you said that one song Bent, I really like that song, and we were going to release a second another song, and I was like, you know what, We played that third Oplde song Like. One of the biggest reactions we got was for this song called Bent, So we recorded it when we recorded Helios. We've been sitting on this song for a while and we didn't want to put them both out at the same time. So now tomorrow you'll be able to get the new single on Apple and Spotify and iTunes and everywhere music streams.
Speaker 2: So check that out.
Speaker 3: It'll be out tomorrow, all right, Happy to donate my dollar twenty nine to Apple to get bent. Are you just swimming in the money now? I mean, are you going to start making air guitar strings as your next cash grab?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Won't be doing that. We will be playing in Summerset next Friday. We got a remote in Summerset at the Virginia for KSR.
Speaker 2: We'll be doing that in the morning.
Speaker 1: And then Alice blew down at night and the next Saturday we're going to be in Lexington, so we're doing back to back shows. Next Saturday, we're going to be the headlining band at Seaton Fest in Lexington.
Speaker 3: So ah, congrats, that's awesome, So.
Speaker 1: Come out for that that's going on next and you got a new guitarist finally we do.
Speaker 2: Yep, so were ready to roll.
Speaker 1: Uh did you watch any of the game last night, because if you didn't turn it on in the first couple of minutes, I mean you didn't really catch it much of the game because it was over from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a thirty point game when I turned on in the first half, So I didn't watch much of it, Shannon, which I'm happy for Shay Gilles, Alexander and the youngest team to ever make the NBA Finals, but sad to see Julius Randall and an ant Man go. But clearly, okay, see was the better team here.
Speaker 1: Timberwolf score nine points in the first quarter, nine that was it. But uh, yeah, Shae getting the MVP. I mean again, we've talked about this last week on KSR. I don't think we hit it much on the pre show. But if you were to tell me that that guy is going to be the MVP of a conference finals in the playoffs, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I could believe you.
Speaker 3: I'd ask you where Quade Green is now, Like, what is he up to? He must be win NBA fun.
Speaker 1: No, not that Shaye was bad or anything like that, but I just wouldn't think that he would have. You know, we talk about guys that have had breakout careers, breakout seasons. I just didn't think that Shaye would be a guy that would end up dropping forty in a playoff game and end up the MVP.
Speaker 3: But here we are, Well, they get Chet Holmgrom, that skinny guy that's that's made waves, and also Cason Wallace doing some great things for the Thunder, so they may just run away with it. But I guess Pacers Knicks tonight Chanton is three to one, Pacers could finally clinch it, right.
Speaker 1: I think the Pacers close it out and we get the Indiana Pacers and the Oklahoma City Thunder that the finals that everybody asked for.
Speaker 3: The finals the NBA hates because the ratings wise right, and they have to hate this well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we talk about nobody really knows who Shay, Gilgess Alexander is.
Speaker 2: Well they're gonna know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this will be a great stage for the really the national audience to figure out who Shay is. And and the foul merchant who indors Burnt kept calling him the other night. I thought that was a little rude, even though well, I think we all recognize he must be annoying to play with. But congrats to the Thunder and I'm hoping the Nicks win in Madison Square Garden tonight. I do I want to keep seeing these games.
Speaker 1: You can bet it all on DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR. If you bet five dollars, you're gonna get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if that first bet hits.
Speaker 2: So pick the Pacers tonight. If you want to win some month now, you can do it.
Speaker 1: However you want same game parlays, live betting, player props, fast and easy payouts. The combinations are endless with DraftKings again, great time to sign up. If you're a new customer, use the promo code KSR. Bet five, get three hundred and bonus bets only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibility restrictions apply.
Speaker 2: Must win to receive reward.
Speaker 1: Bonus bets expiring one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional terms are responsible in gaming resources see DKNG, dot co, slash audio. You know, I thought, Billy, there would be a lot of excitement about Otega Away coming back. You wouldn't see it based on our phone lines right now. I said, give us a let's talk about how excited you are. And I think that you know, this was probably just a situation where fans already expected a way to come back, and if he didn't come back, then people would want to talk about it. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and we've we've figured out this science over many years. We talk about sports now calls, but we'll you know, we talk about giant pumpkins growing and Grandma's eera calls in to tell us about vines. So it's it's the beauty of this show. Maybe some people are getting ready for graduation. It's a big day here in Lexington, right with Yeah, a lot of traffic out there already, so maybe give yourself a few extra minutes. But uh, do you remember your graduation channing. It's like maybe the longest day of the year. Oh my gosh, it was terrible. I just wait too long.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to get my name called, walk up there, get my piece of paper, and walk out and go to dinner.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: That's that's you know, that's the I'm glad they let you walk after all the high jinks you pulled in college. I mean, I'm sure it was kind of last minute.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything in college, you know, like we always had like a senior prank. Did you guys have a senior prank in all I'm trying to think nothing that was like that memorable. I mean, i'd have to think about it. I don't think we did. I think we once had somebody, I don't I don't think it was my class somebody somehow. I don't know how they did this, ended up putting a cow on top.
Speaker 3: Of the school on the roof. They can't go downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know how they got it up there. I don't know how they ever got it back down. But that was one of the senior pranks that they did at my school and a cow on the roof.
Speaker 2: How you know you're out in.
Speaker 1: The country when you got when you get people putting cows on the roof. We'll take your calls. Coming up next KSR pre show Count and Crows. May not play it live, but we'll play it on the pre show. It's mister Jones. It'll be joining mister Jones and mister Franklin coming up next hour for KSR. Until then you got mister Rutledge and mister Dude here with you. Uh, speaking of Matt, I thought of Matt when I saw this story. I don't know if you saw this, Billy, but in Bell County there was a bear that got into a house and when the owners of the house walked in, the bear was sitting on top of the stove and their kids on the stove on the stove. Like, what do you do if you walk into your house and there's just a bear in your house. I'm probably gonna run, like.
Speaker 3: Hell, slowly walk backwards, you know. I turn to the stove, Like what do you do? Turn on the stove?
Speaker 2: That'll get them off there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that does sound like a Matt story. You know, I'm excited for you guys to hear Matt the Matt Jones Show tonight on News Radio eight forty with me and Drew joining him. If you haven't heard the podcast already, I had to find ten news topics, Shannon, then we discuss them with Matt. Can I tell you at least one of them? Let's go to share one of them? So they went from newsy to silly. I'm gonna give you the silliest one I had, Shannon. Okay, there's a TikTok trend right now where guys are calling their friends at night and wishing them good night. It's called calling your homies and telling them goodnight? Shannon? Do you think that's uh? It's actually a funny trend. People are answering the phone like what what nearly just like, hey, I just want to say good night.
Speaker 2: It's kind of sweet. I a lot.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a sweet thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, the people are just like, you know, what are you calling me for? Get the hell out of here, you know.
Speaker 1: And I would never say that if somebody called to tell me good night when you call him wish me a good night tonight tonight. Yeah, yeah, I'll do it tonight. Okay, just don't call me while I'm at OVW. I'll be at OVW on live TV till nine o'clock. After that you can call me.
Speaker 3: And whenever, when are you out by? Like when Shannon the dude's getting up early, so you're out by eleven years?
Speaker 2: You mean out by like you mean like a sleep sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, I'm getting up at like five o'clock, so I'm probably gonna be out, but any luck, I'll be asleep by ten thirty, So call me at like, call.
Speaker 3: Me at old man ten thirty.
Speaker 1: You don't have to get up at five o'clock in the morning. Don't tell me I'm an old man. You got to be up that early. And I don't get the rolling here at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do once you got to do to get to your eight hours. I understand.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's more like six. But anyway, yeah, call me at ten fifteen. Wish me a good night, and then I will expect that every night after that.
Speaker 3: No, you're not getting it every night, but it is a sweet gesture. Maybe we should call our homies more and wish them good.
Speaker 1: Night, you know, I know you're the younger guy here, so you keep up with all these trends. Speaking of the TikTok trends, there's another trend going on, a couple of them, actually, I want to know if you know of either one of these. And it's a trend when it comes to decluttering your house. We've looked at your garage. It's an absolute mess.
Speaker 3: Please don't share that.
Speaker 1: There is a new trend when it comes to decluttering, and you have to take on the mindset of what I save this if it were covered and poop, and if it's something that you would say, Nope, I've got to keep it. I would clean it off and keep it. Then you keep it. Otherwise you take it and you throw it into the garbage. But I don't know, Billy. I think if it were me and I had to take on that mindset, I would just burn the house down.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it now.
Speaker 1: I know you may be thinking, wait a minute, dude, weren't you just telling us last week that you reached into a toilet to grab an ear pod that fell out of your ear. Yeah, that was number one. I draw the line at number two. All right, we all have our our limits. I'm drawing the line at number two. So if I had to take on that mindset, I think I'm throwing everything away in the house.
Speaker 3: So you're put You're okay with putting urine in your ear, but not people matter. No, I'm not doing that. That's the line for Shannon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a bit of a hoarder. So I bet you could find something in my garage that was covered in something that looks like a little feople matter too. But I like this thought experiment because I would probably throw away a lot of things that probably need to do this thought experiment. So Shannon doesn't share that photo of my garage one day.
Speaker 1: I'm still gotta I've got Matt Jones Bruce Butt picture I'm hanging on to, and your hoarder garage that you you're just the gatekeeper of truth, that's right now. See, I've probably got plenty of pictures on Ryan. I just need something. I just need something on Drew.
Speaker 3: You know you need a little blackmail and everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Yeah, we got well the Mario thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that video of him in Seattle when he was yeah, telling us inconsistent here's the.
Speaker 3: Thing about Mario's generation, even in and even my generation to a degree that you know, we've lived online and so there you know, it's impossible to find somebody that doesn't have something embarrassing about them on social media somewhere. Right when you've grown up with a Facebook account to a degree, there's just gonna be some stuff. So, I mean, I think we could find an old photo of me and Mario that that maybe you could hold on for a while, Shannon, you don't have any embarrassing photos out there?
Speaker 1: Maybe a yeah, well, I mean Ryan post them every time it's my birthday. He posts either me the Dorothy picture or me and the ovw ring from Netflix that.
Speaker 3: Overheld a face down on the on the mat. Yeah, that's one of my favorites too.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The other trend, I want to know if you could do this, do you know what the seventy five hard challenges? I've heard of this, but I don't know this specific. So a strict diet with no cheap meals or alcohol. And I believe that the seventy five is you got to do this for seventy five days. I think that's the part of this, right. Yeah, so you got to have a strict diet with no cheap meals or alcohol. Two, not one, two forty five minutes daily workouts.
Speaker 2: I'm out. You get forty five minutes with me. You don't get two, you get one.
Speaker 3: No one's fine.
Speaker 1: Drinking a gallon of water a day. I feel like I would be floating if I drink a gallon of water a day.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could do that. I could, Okay, I couldn't do the milk. A gallon a day, I could do water.
Speaker 1: And then reading ten pages of a self improvement book.
Speaker 3: Easy, easy, I could. I'm not much of a reader.
Speaker 1: I could read ten pages if you promised me a personal pampizza at the end of it, like the book it you know.
Speaker 3: A pizza hut. Yeah, reading program.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 1: I think I've been doing a version of this most of my life. They say, though, if you don't get the seventy five days, you have to start over. I just keep starting over, because there's no way I'm going seventy five days without a cheap mill or a drop of alcohol.
Speaker 3: I think we could do this, though. I mean, you can do your regular forty five minute workout, but let's say for the three or four hours you do of producing in the mornings, we give you an exercise ball to sit on, Shannon, or maybe a we could give you a standing desk that rises and we could put a little treadmill in there and you could do it. I'm not going to be no, no, it's about time you put your your health as a priority. Shit, And so I think an exercise ball while you're doing the Jery Eve show would be appropriate.
Speaker 1: The cheap mill is the hardest thing for me, Like, no, no cheap mills, Like I can't have anything like what I got to eight just dry salad. Not doing that, especially for seventy five days.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your cheap meal?
Speaker 2: You have to enjoy something in life? Pizza?
Speaker 3: Pizza? Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I think that counts as as a champion's gold star. I hate to be the rival of Matt and Skyline, but give me a little gold star.
Speaker 1: Hey, five nine, two eighty seven, let's talk to forty. What's up forty?
Speaker 4: Alright, good morning, ladies.
Speaker 3: It's good to meet you guys in.
Speaker 4: Oldsbro Cup weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah you too.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I'm excited about the oh Tech all the.
Speaker 4: Way coming back in the team next year and all that.
Speaker 3: But I gotta talk about this high.
Speaker 4: School prank thing y'all brought up.
Speaker 3: All right, rive at school, we took three bailly goats.
Speaker 4: We're plainting one, two, and four and to let them loose in school in the middle of the r.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they're still looking for the third goat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we always had a senior prank every year, and I never was a part of it, Billy because I didn't want. You know, back in high school, I was kind of quiet, didn't really hang out with the popular kids, so I wasn't really a part of the pranks.
Speaker 2: But there was always something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, they always threatened us. They're like, we will withhold your diploma, you will not walk in graduation. That was enough in my scare me exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not going through four years of this not to get that piece of paper that says I graduated.
Speaker 2: So that's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: But the Billy goats, that's a that's a great one.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Logan. What's up Logan?
Speaker 5: Hey guys, what you guys are doing? Well? A couple of things. First off, about your garden. I know you guys have been talking about keeping the critters out whatnot. On our large garden on my parents' farm, it was too big defense in so we would put a radio in the center of it. It was constantly making noise, because noise is going to keep critters away more than any sense or boundary.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking, do you think that a high pitched nose whistle would keep away all the animals from my pumpkins?
Speaker 5: I think anything at a talking volume or louder is going to keep most critters away.
Speaker 2: That's kind of brilliant.
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't know that my neighbor would love be twenty four hours of radio going on in his backyard or my backyard.
Speaker 3: Do the raccoons here, Glenn back and they just can't handle it? Or I mean, that's interesting. I guess I would work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I said, the volume is up to you. But we just always did a normal like you could talk over a kind of volume and we never had issues. But secondly, so you know, Otega released his coming back video yesterday and I noticed, and a lot of people did too, that this was filmed before he cut his hair, which was several weeks ago. So do you think that from the beginning his plan was to come back but he still wanted to go through the process, or do we believe his he was off, you know, all two feet in kind of thing up until the end.
Speaker 1: I think that he was coming back to Kentucky from the very beginning. I think that you know, he knew what he was projected to be drafted as you know, late second round, but he wanted to go through the process. And when you go through the process, you have to say publicly I'm all in.
Speaker 2: Nobody's gonna go eh, I'm halfway yet.
Speaker 1: Well, as soon as you do that, that's going to be a turn off for any NBA team that's listening to that, any NBA team that maybe would have a workout scheduled with you. You know, if I hear that, Billy and I'm a GM or no inner of a team, I'm going to go and we don't want to waste our time with that guy.
Speaker 2: He's clearly going back. I think you have to play along.
Speaker 1: You have to play the game right and say that you are all in on the NBA draft. But I think clearly Logan from the very beginning he was coming back to Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, that's very I just want to see you guys thought on it. You guys have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the Kicky logan. Yahy. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: No? I actually disagree to a degree, Shannon, because let to a degree, okay, yeah, because let's say, like he's going through this process, he's saying the right things like you're saying, and then the Timberwolves come up and say, hey, we want to draft you at the end of the first round. I mean, is he just going to stay with his video that he made a month or two ago. No, it's that's a great observation by the caller. And I also saw some people online say that, do you think that he filmed a video at the same time saying thank you to Kentucky and you know, just the exact opposite to NBA. Yeah, I would I would probably say not. I would probably say he would just release a statement and maybe thank the fans. Maybe it doesn't have to be a video in that regard, but that would be funny. If he had two drafts on his Twitter profile, Shannon, one was I'm back at Kentucky and then the other was I'm not but keen observation that he did still have. It was before his haircut when he made that video that he announced. And but maybe maybe there is some truth to what you're saying, Shanning. He knew all along he wanted to come back.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you knew all along making that video knowing that he's gonna come back. But then yeah, I mean, if a team said we're gonna pick you in the first round, of course he would change his mind at that point. But I think that, yeah, realistically he knew, you know, he he You know, the thing about it is you have to be self aware. You have to understand you're not a first round draft pick right now, but you could be. And I think that he realized he wasn't a first pick, first round draft pick right now, but he could be. So he's going to make that video and have it probably saved in his drafts and you know, have that ready to go from when he was ready to announce that he's coming back to Kentucky.
Speaker 3: In best case scenario, I mean, he has a two way contract, right, I mean, it's still a grind, man, You're still waiting until you hit free agency to have a bigger contract. Vice versa is you're you're back at Kentucky. You're a preseason SEC player the year, you're the beloved by one of the best, if not the best, fan base in the sports. So it's it's quite the decision to make, but the writing was on the wall too, to say the least.
Speaker 2: We could all celebrate.
Speaker 1: Always return tomorrow at the KSR Golf Scramble with a little.
Speaker 2: Silk Velvet whiskey.
Speaker 1: Be out there and you've heard me talking about it if you want to try it. I don't know which hole they're going to be on, but that's the one I want to hang out with the Silk Velvet whiskey guys, whatever hold they're on. It's one hundred and seven proof, aged at least six years in age to perfection. Every bottle bottled with bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velvety finish now available in Kentucky. You can find Silk Velvet Whiskey at liquor stores and at bars across Kentucky, or you can buy online at Silk Velvet Whisky dot com. They will ship but only in Kentucky, so keep that in mind. Every bottle comes from a single hand crafted barrel, each with a story on its own and bold floral notes with a silky finish true.
Speaker 2: To its name.
Speaker 1: Craft it for people who love bourbon, by people who love bourbon. It's all at Silk Velvet Whisky dot com. And like I said, you can check them out on social media as well. They've got a link to where you can you know exactly where you can find their liquor and check it out Silk Velvet Whiskey and look forward to trying some of that tomorrow, Billy, you can have a sip before you tee off little silk whiskey tomorrow. We're going to take a break. We'll be right back and take more of your phone calls. Eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven. It is the KSR pre Show. Final segment of the KSR pre Show. Shanna the Dude and Billy Rutlidge is gonna turn things over to Matt Drew and myself coming up next hour for KSR.
Speaker 2: Where was I gonna go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yesterday we were talking on KSR about Billy Gillespie. I think a caller brought up would Billy Gillespie be welcomed back or should he be welcomed back at Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Billy. I think we had this conversation on the pre show maybe a year.
Speaker 1: Ago, and I feel like you had very strong opinions about Billy Gillespie being honored, And my argument was, what exactly are we honoring.
Speaker 2: About Billy Gillespie?
Speaker 1: Like, what's going to be in the highlight footage, like when we put it up on the jumbo tron. I guess we're gonna get the block free throw. We're gonna get block free throw. See Coach of the Year Cutler chancing Billy Billy around the hallway in the offices.
Speaker 3: That'll be on the video montage.
Speaker 1: But do you think the best way maybe to honor him, if we're going to do that, is to bring him back with Tarleton.
Speaker 3: Yes, because that way, when people boo it's not solely because of the terrible job he did at Kentucky, it's because he's also bringing in an opposing team, right, and then you can boo the opposing coach. So I do think that's that would probably be the way to do it, instead of waiting until he retires and then you can have a game right after the after you honor him and We've seen them do that in the past, so why not Billy G. But I got killed, Shannon. I'd like to remind you I got killed for having that opinion for bringing back Billy g and and I don't think there's any problem to honoring one of your own, even though it didn't go swimmingly what you said.
Speaker 2: You know, he did get Coach of the Year in the SEC in the first year.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, I mean, now the block free throw thing. I there's a reason you've never seen that before in basketball. I mean there there is a wackiness to that, but wackedness to the entire era of Billy there in Kentucky there is Uh. So I you know, I think it does eventually happen because time heals all wounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think that, you know, that's the best way to do it, though, if we're going to honor him, and Bill, if you don't mind, Uh, what what's up?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say? With Tarleton State?
Speaker 2: Right with Charleton State? Yeah? Bill, turned your speakerphone off or your what the line?
Speaker 1: We got?
Speaker 2: Bill? But I can hear myself in the background. Bill, you're up? What's up.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Hey, did you guys hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got you. Oh go ahead, Bill.
Speaker 4: Right up your alley. Man, Hey, I was gonna say, Shannon, I've got something right up here. Ally all right, but.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you one more try.
Speaker 3: All right, your phone's cutting out a little bit. What do you got?
Speaker 4: Okay, I got I got you. Hey, So, uh, my son and I just went to Cleveland to go watch a c d C last night. We're driving back right now listening to your show.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, man, Yeah, hello to you and your son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, uh so uh yo. I just thought that was a cool trip taking him up there. Ad put on a really cool show. I just thought I thought you'd like to know that they're still rocking out, and you know, we're just listening to the show on the way back, excited about away, coming back and ready to go for the year.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the call, Bill, appreciate it, man, gladad you got to see ac DC. I was actually offered a free ticket, was it last week?
Speaker 2: Went in there in Nashville.
Speaker 1: I was offered a free ticket, but it was only like a Tuesday night. A free ticket to go see ac DC in Nashville, and I turned a long way. I turned it down because I you know, what am I going to do like call in to work and say I'm sick. I can't make it because I went to the I ain't gonna do that to you.
Speaker 3: You never do that. No, I'll be rare.
Speaker 2: You hear that, bosses, so you're listening. I could have gone to a C d C.
Speaker 1: But I am so committed to this job that I turned down a five hundred dollars ticket to go to see ac DC in Nashville so that I could be here to produce Jerry Eves and Tom Leach's show and be here with you, Billy.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, indicated, I am. Well, yeah, well, thank you Shannon so much. Thank you for being a shining example for all the children out there. You know there. It's amazing how smells and songs can instantly transport you back to different places and memories that you've had in your life. And every time I hear thunderstruck, I mean I get shivers, Shannon, like it is just college drinking. College drinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I already knew I wasn't you know. I kind of already knew where we're going with that the Thunderstand name.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I will never be able to hear that song the same way again.
Speaker 1: Did you see Terry Bradshaw calling out Aaron Rodgers yesterday?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What is Terry Bradshaw went on in some some local I guess sports radio talk show and says, what the Steelers are doing? You know, considering Aaron Rodgers as their next quarterback a joke? He says, there's the quote, what are you doing? Well, what are you going to do? Bring them in for one year? Are you kidding me? Aaron Rodgers needs to stay in California and chew on some bark in a whisper to the gods out there. Terry Bradshaw, obviously a legendary quarterback for the Steelers, is not a fan to say the least of bringing Aaron Rodgers in for one season at Pittsburgh. But you know what, I still say, bringing Aaron Rodgers in better than whatever else you got going on for one year? So why not take one shot at going to the super Bowl with Rodgers?
Speaker 3: I love Terry. He's getting to that point where he's just gonna say wherever he feels like Shannon, Right, you get to that age and you just you just start popping off. But Terry's right to a degree, it is ridiculous. They've given Aaron Rodgers all the power in this situation. But unfortunately, you know what else are the Steelers going to do? They let Justin Fields and Russell Wilson walk. I mean, they really don't have that good of an option besides Mason Rodgers. I mean, do you want Mason.
Speaker 2: R rd you going to be your your savior and take you to the promised land.
Speaker 3: I don't say you. You passed on a lot of guys in the draft too, so I mean I think that you've you've made this bed, so you've got to lay in it. KSR is the promo code on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: If you're a new customer, bet five dollars, get three hundred dollars in bonus bet if your first bet hits only on Draft Kings. Krona Shors gave only problem one hundred Gabler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligible restrictions apply. Bet must win a receiver reward bonus be's expiring one hundred sixty eight hours after issuance for additional terms. Responsible Gaming Resources DK in dot CO slash audio for Billy Relige. I'm sharing the dude. Ksr's next we'll see it tomorrow is KSR Golf Scramble in Lexington