Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pick. Sign up for Prize Pick today with the promo code leading off, It's me Joey p Joe Pizzavia with a mustache that of course is the Welsh. Also with a mustache which is looking really good. I think your wife is one hundred percent wrong. This is a fantastic look for you. Mine still coming in a little bit. I think it's a little light. But we did not coordinate this. We both left the soul patch. We showed up today for the show Mustaches and soul Patches. We promised you if we came here on Monday, we had fourteen thousand subs on the YouTube channel that we would be doing the show with mustaches. Real mustache is authentic, not that stuff you buy at the store. And Welsh. We are men of our word, that's right.
Speaker 2: And I've also got my kind of like U is it Rick or Tom Sellick tom Selick shirt on.
Speaker 1: You know, like very magnum pi, magnum p.
Speaker 2: I that's exactly what I got going on. You got kind of a white mustache there, Joe. I don't think I noticed that. I don't think I know you got you got kind of the raid out mustache. But yeah, my wife was horrible a little bit when she saw this. I will tell you guys were like, uh, it's centimeter over hair wise of getting a full handlebar mustache, but it grew out all like Joe Dirt, all weird and white, trashy, and I was just like, Nope, we're not going to do that. But yes, this is the full one I looked like I have. There's a bunch of different stories. You guys can probably tell me what I'm looking like here, but thank you.
Speaker 1: I think with the hair, the shirt, let's go look like the guy you can count on to always be at the wheel fortune slot machine in a small town casino attached to a cracker barrel. I don't know if it gets better than that one monkey's on it. Yeah, I would say, like the villain in a Three Stooges short.
Speaker 2: You know, he said, Welsh looks like his own evil twin.
Speaker 1: Here's the funny things. So we decided also to do some prop humor. We'll get to baseball in a second, but obviously this is why we're all here today. When I put on sunglasses, I almost look like pit bullish.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, I keep actually popping your head with the blue steels squadro.
Speaker 1: How many homeowners they show today who know those three squadro? And but if I put the hat on too, I look like a defensive coordinator from nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: And now you get to chew your lip. You got chew your lip yep, to your lip a little bit if you had a toothpick ye out there, Come on.
Speaker 1: Tackle that guy? What are you doing? Yeah, it definitely that now Welsh when he puts on sunglasses or glasses at.
Speaker 2: All, I didn't have sunglasses.
Speaker 1: We just have regular glasses, which is amazing because when Welsh puts on glasses with the mustache, he just looks like a guy who does fantasy baseball for a limpic, like I'm pretty sure, like hipster ip a drinking you know. Let me tell you about the the X plug kind of guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, everybody else, let me tell you about the X plug. I've got jokes today for everybody.
Speaker 1: Bears. Hey Kowalski, what are you doing on that offensive line? Get out of the what are you doing? I want to play?
Speaker 2: I will say, Well, I'm a hit in the channel.
Speaker 1: Welsh looks like comet.
Speaker 2: I look like that's a mini one. Yeah, apparently I do. Yeah, I got like a sport looking here. This is horrific podcasting. But that's why you want to be on the video. Welsh looks like a Joseph said, well, looks like a villain and a murder mystery movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do, you absolutely do. Uh So we want to just, you know, take a moment.
Speaker 2: Oh it guy, it's a good one to thank you.
Speaker 1: Definitely it. I diet somewhere wrong on my computer. We want to thank everybody out there who has listened to the show, whichly fourth weekends, the holiday weekend. We want to thank you all for subscribing to the YouTube channel, supporting us and this show as much as you have, because this is really fan appreciation. We said, we do stupid things. When you support us, you continue to support us. We continue to do stupid things. Uh. We are up so much year over year in terms of listens and watches on the YouTube channel. On Fantacy Pros MLB, they said we couldn't do it. This is the show that's a little engine that could, and by golly, we're doing it. So I just want to take time to you know, be positive and thank everybody who listens, who watches, who comments, who hits us up on social media, asks us questions, who's out there in the YouTube streets and on the podcast streets making this show work and making the baseball work and Fantasy Pros because you know, there were people who were skeptical that it could be a thing, but Welsh, I think we've proved them wrong.
Speaker 2: That they were. There were people that didn't want it to happen, didn't think it would happen. And I'll tell you what if no guarantees, if it ever does happen one day that Fantasy Pros just cannot do without me, it'll be thanks to all of you and all.
Speaker 1: Again Welsh also a good one too.
Speaker 2: I love that I've become like a big character.
Speaker 1: Like with the shirt too. It's the shirt with the mustache and the hair at the whole thing. What do you put in the glasses that really it caps the look off? It really does? You know?
Speaker 2: I will tell you looking at the mirror when I shaved it, I was like blush. But looking on video.
Speaker 1: On video looks good. It's not bad that I could look for you, Paul.
Speaker 2: If I can be a single if I could be a single man because my wife would leave me, might do it. I might do it just to creep everybody out.
Speaker 1: Then you would be dating some woman who definitely hosts a show on NPR. I'm pretty sure. Like that's that's definitely the look there. All right, So again, thanks everybody. Fourteen thousand, amazing number. We were so thrilled in the off season where we had ten. We were like, look at ten, I can't believe we got to ten. Now we're at fourteen hundred. The only thing left is fifteen and then you get the week of wigs. I don't know what it's gonna happen this year or next, but I am a man of my word. All right, Let's get to some other words that are now put out there. Home Run Derby participants, Julio Vlad, Pete, Alonzo, Mookie Bets, Randy Roseraino, those are some good names, Welsh. Who else do you expect to be on this list as we approach the next few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got three. I still think that they've got to surprise us with Ellie. I think Ellie has got to be the guy that they're going to put out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do we want to take some guesses? We want to like own, we want to have a draft real quick of like the remaining let's have.
Speaker 1: A quick draft would be my number one.
Speaker 2: You're getting the first pick.
Speaker 1: By the way, Brandon says, we look like villains from Home Alone. Definitely. It's definitely Harry and uh Harry and Marv.
Speaker 2: Harry like you're the ring leader too, Like we've put on your like your hat and your glasses. You're like, Marv, shut up where you're trying to stake the place out.
Speaker 1: Hey, kids are dumb, They're scared. Come on, I'm like, I can't see this kid. Where does this go? Okay, yeah, we have to have we have to have ulcinated. We have to have Otani in it.
Speaker 2: Like okay, so hold on, let so let's do a draft real quick. We're gonna do it very very quick.
Speaker 1: Spots left is that we got?
Speaker 2: We have three total spots for the isn't it? Isn't it? Or is it ten?
Speaker 1: I don't even remember anymore. It's got it. Well, there's usually two brackets that they fill out right from the National League in the American league.
Speaker 2: Isn't that usually? And I think it's isn't it eight? I'm pretty sure it's eight people total.
Speaker 1: It's hard to keep tracking. Every single year they change the rules of how this works and what's going on. So let's just for fun, let's just shout out the other things. Matt Olsen won for me. Go ahead, your number two? Who you got?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you said matt Olsen, Yeah, I'm gonna go. Well, I'm gonna go with Ellie and then I'm gonna go with Tatis.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. I need Otani in this. I mean he's got to go do it. He's leading the league in home runs. If Aaron Judge was leading the leagan the home runs, he would be there. So Otani's the other one for me, which means there's one more left vacant, you know, big home run hitters on the year. I'm trying to think of who would be fun. I mean, can you get the teammates? Can he get Soda in there too? I mean, soda has been on fire. You could do that.
Speaker 2: And I'll go with Robert. So here's the point. We've each got three for three spots left. Because everyone confirmed it is to eight, so there's three spots left. We each took three for those remaining spots, so I've got Robert Tatis and Ellie. I think I'm getting two of the three in the home Runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone Lisa's where the home alone burglars order from wish. That's that's also accurate comments. Keep him going, It's amazing. Speaking of home runs, show, Hotani now has thirty one. I picked him for the weekend. Good choice. Oh God, tick up there, let's go. I'm not gonna make this a whole love letter to Atani because we've done that every day and Wonkee Penguin will get upset by the way. As as Kelly said, and Kelly will be joining the show on Friday, I'll be out of the office for the day, taking the kids to New York watching SmackDown live in Madison Square Garden. We're gonna go do a couple of things in New York, just kind of take a day off. But Kelly's right, this show did change your life. It was this podcast where Kelly was on here as a peanut and cracker jack, and two years later now she's a full time employee at Fantasy Pro so how about them apples? Not so bad? How about mister Tovar in Colorado fifteen game hit streak. We talked about him a couple of weeks ago when he was at nine. Now it's at fifteen. Things are going well. Still too many strikeouts on the year, but you'll love to see Ezekiel Tovar.
Speaker 2: You like him a lot from Yeah, and you like him. I like him more than I do. Yeah, But I mean, you know, hey, listen, he's getting it done. He's hit harder, hits a little bit more. The barrel percentage is way down. The counting stats are starting to get there. But he's not my guy, but he's definitely yours with. Like also, look at that Baseball Samon page barrel percentage, K percentage x onoe. But it's really really down.
Speaker 1: But well, I think he's a perfect trade candidate now, and I'm trying to trade him right now. You're going to have him because I think I think this is a great run. I think he had this run in him. By the way, JP says, Walsh looks like a motorcycle cop. I've got the motorcycle cop glasses though, that's the thing. I have them somewhere there, bald Eric Astrono, you know, oh there you go, talk about good podcasting and good TV. Anyway, while we almost.
Speaker 2: Got so lucky, we almost got lucky because I usually I have a bag that I usually keep my aviators in. What it would have been fire.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what do you have carrat top? Is that what I'm working with? Redebt Meers. Another great performance, Redebtmers. How about this the guy that everybody soured on so quickly, Readebtmers. Everybody was so upset about Redebt Meers. Oh he's a bus, He's a bus. Meanwhile we're looking up now now he raised at three seven, Okay, but the strikeouts nine and this last one in six innings, Redetmors has turned a big time corner. I would I mean, this is why you have to have patients with some of these things, when you believe in them. And I know even you to a certain degree, Welsh was a little I would say, you know, frustrated with the early Redebtmor's returns. But the month of June was a very good one for him and for the angels who are now in this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean he's turned so much around. Everybody knows. Like the slider VLO has been his biggest, biggest increase. He threw at eighty six miles an hour last year, it's up to almost ninety eighty nine point seven. The whiff rate is through the roof on this thing. He's also throwing it a lot more. Twenty four percent usage last year, thirty six percent usage this year with a thirty seven percent whiff rate, which is crazy. I mean, the slider has been the saving grace across the board, and batting average really kind of across most of these double digit pitches is low. So you know, Redebtmers slider has set everything up. K percentage is almost a percent and expected dray under four. I just like everything that read debt Mers is doing. He's just, you know, we have to be comfortable that sometimes these guys are going to have their like little ups and downs and how long can we battle through it.
Speaker 1: I would also say a couple of questions here in the chad. This is a good one too, about mister Abbot, who we're going to get to in a second. We're gonna get to Abbot. Just hang on there. We will talk about him. But let's talk about Justin Steel too. Era leader Justin Steele, who is in my preseason video of top ten breakout candidates. I think he was actually the first one I talked about. Look, he has been excellent on a Cubs team that we described him earlier in the preseason as the silk hat on the pig, like just because you go sign a bunch of mediocre guys as make you a good team. Yes, you'll be more competitive. At the end of the day, it's not going to really show up in the win total. But Steele has held up his part of the bargain. There was a little blip on the radar with the injury. We all held our breath, but he has come back and he has looked good and he has been one of the lone bright spots I think on the Cubs.
Speaker 2: A lot of weak contact too, averaging one of the better in the league, eighty five average exit velocity five miles per hour exit velocity, which is really solid. Also, the hard hit you want to talk about the week contact, it's not just the ev it's a actual hard hit. Numbers only thirty percent, which is top nine percent in the league. Justin Steele and also looking at his his zone chart, he does a pretty good job of covering every quadrant. Fastball, the upper left corner slider, it is carrying a little bit inside, but that's been effective, and in the change up on the bottom. I mean he has been pretty pretty solid across the board.
Speaker 1: Bill's got a question for us too, Is Freddy Bralta going to turn things around? I say no, I think you know, the Freddy perlta risk was worth it to me. In the draft. He's giving us some decent strikeout numbers. E alright, I want to say, is a four to seven? He goes, we're looking at this morning it was pretty high. But at this point, you know, the Milwaukee Brewers seemed like an enigma to me. And I mean, I'm sure there's a better run in there. But I think when you also look at the injury history, I think it's enough downside of injury history where it's not a player I'm looking to buy low on. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: What do you think I've never been a big guy. Yeah, never. I mean the fastball velo has returned, but I mean overall, the walks just keep got the walks and the strikeouts going in the opposite direction nine point four walks per nine with twenty six point one K percentage. That twenty six is the lowest of his career with one of the higher walk numbers also an expected era. Just you know, selling any guys on expected stats right now, just still over the force. I just don't think that team warrants enough. I don't think he has I don't think he has been good enough for any period of time that I'm a buye on Freddy Perlta. I'm I'm out, I'm out on Pralta.
Speaker 1: Lee says with the mustache, Joey Pizapia transforms into Joey Plugs. You do one, all right?
Speaker 2: You know what I'd like to see with your look right now is like a good old like just like a mohawk, like with this look, but like I think I want it to be the same color, maybe like a white gray. Do you do you ever?
Speaker 1: Let your hand is great, It's just you know, I had taken the beer down on Sunday because they had the TV stuff and then you know it could be darker, it could be more, but you know, I mean, who knows. Maybe one for you know, on Wednesday after the holiday, I just let it keep growing like a hogan.
Speaker 2: I want to see, like a hogan, a whole like I had the.
Speaker 1: Whole way and it just didn't Oh my gosh, I got it. You know that would be something. Let's talk about Andrew Abbot, because he's been something twelve strikeouts. Got to talk about this rookie lookie seven to two thirds in a very shallow league at Fantasy Pros actually picked him up as a streamer. Somehow he was still on the wire. I couldn't believe he was. I started him yesterday. It was beautiful. He is now four to no. A one point two one era since he's been called up Welsh and we keep looking for, you know, reasons why we think the Reds might be able to sustain. We love, you know, some of the positive things they've done with the youth culture here. And now Abbott has kind of stepped up and become that guy at the top of this rotation that I don't think anybody really saw coming, did you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean I was a pretty big Andrew Arabbit guy at the beginning of the year. This is the guy that well, I mean, I'm not going to say any of that, but like, did I think Andravia could be successful. Yes, And I talked about him early on. He was one of the guys that had the tacked ball. In Double A. He had a twenty K per nine, twenty K per nine and I believe around a twenty IVB with these pre tack ball. What that just means is like it's pre gripped, you know, so they don't have to like do all the stupid crap that dimago Hermand does with his cheating and stuff. But then he goes to Triple A and those numbers came down, but he was still like fourteen K per nine. His IVB came down to around sixteen, So people were worried, Hey, what's gonna happen overall? Is he really going to be the real deal? And he has been a twenty nine point four K percentage. His pitches haven't induced over a two forty batting average I'm sorry, a two toho nine batting average across the board expected batting average. The highest is two thirty seven against the fastball. But we're talking change up forty two percent with rate. You've got his curveball with the thirty two percent whiff rate, He's not going to be as good. But he throws strikes. He induces these whiffs left and right, and he's been doing this for quite a while in the minor leagues. It's a really bad ballpark, and I would tell you, in a redraft standpoint, I would look at trading him just because that ballpark is not super super friendly and these numbers, it will be impossible to keep these numbers. But he could still be good, So I'm not just trading off, but I would consider, like these insane numbers with a rookie in great American ballpark, someone I would consider trading for like a really good return. Otherwise, I do think he can be like a top forty sp maybe like right around there. He maybe something that's valuable.
Speaker 1: If you're not getting something better than that in return, then obviously he's a hold. Scott Bagman has entered the Chad Are Good Pal. Dylan Ceese looks like he's on the show today. I guess that's you, not me. I don't think I look like Dylan.
Speaker 2: Se Yeah, Dylan Ceese has got the mustache. I mean the other obvious one would be sport. You know what we need is we need spor here with musta.
Speaker 1: Definitely needs a good screenshot. We'll get one of these, we'll send it to Paul Sport, and we'll dedicate the show to him. Today. Tanner Bibby, let's talk about him. Another really good performance from him. Nine strikeouts and five and two thirds innings, no runs. Bibby's been excellent. Kevin Williams is up. I keep talking about it like I've made investments in it. I'm gona talk about it. We get to the betting portion of the show today. Cleveland's for real. I think Cleveland's gonna go past the Twins. I don't believe. I think as bad as the Cleveland offense has been in the first half of the season, I see a pathway for them to be better with all of the Nailers hitting, with Jose Ramirez being that lynchpin guy, with Andre Simenez who had a good day yesterday starting to tick up a little bit. Whereas I keep looking at Joey Gallo, I keep looking at Byron Bucks, and I keep looking at Kirolof. I keep look at these guys are just deficits right now. And then we add in that Royce Lewis is out with an oblique. That's another big loss to this offense too, So I think this is one to really monitor quickly. But what do you think about Tanner Bibby's performance this weekend? It was pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I like Tanner, but I'm actually a little bit surprised because my envision when I when I close my eyes and I think of Tanner Bibby, I think of a lesser walk, decent, strikeout controlled pitcher. But he does have like an eight and a half walk percentage, which I don't love. But he hasn't been inducing big barrels, which you like. His pitches have just been I mean, he's just been really solid across the board. I still say Gavin Williams is going to be the guy the rest of the year. I don't think there's a ton ton of regression in play for Tanner Bibby, and he's gonna be able to stick around for the season. So Tanner Bibby is another one of those guys that you look at you know you can't you can't sell a cross because I wouldn't sell Biby for Abbot. But it's like, I think those guys exhibit the same space. They live in the same space, but the trick would be like a guy like Andrew Abbott has got a little bit of that Elle in him where it's like, all right, he occupies the space of that fifty sp with like Biby and a couple of the other's rookies, But because he's got the buzz and the hype right now, his value is worth so much more. Same thing like you would have said with Ellie is Ellie is super exciting. He probably occupies this top forty space overall, but he's worth so much more. So when I can take advantage of these guys and push them up in trade values, I would. But Biby has got the team context for the rest of the year, which I like. And by the way, matchup today Gavin Williams Bryce Elder, who would have thought Joe Joe Bryce Elder All Star game? In the All Star Star we keep.
Speaker 1: Waiting for the shoot to drop. I've written him up in the cell high more than once on Fantasy Pros this year. It's unbelievable. I mean, the guys just he he can't be beat. And you know there's something to the art of pitching and finding where to get the outs in lineups. Rank these guys the rest of the season, Abbot, Biby cease.
Speaker 2: Ooh, someone in the chat said, trade Abbot for Cease, and I think that is the territory. There are some ceas.
Speaker 1: Trade all that's so Cease above Abbot rest of season.
Speaker 2: I would go cease. This might not be popular. I feel like I would go cease byby Abbot, and I hate selling. I don't like selling Abbot short because in fantasy those strikeouts are so much so sexier. But I'm just a little bit worried when the league catches up with Andrew Abbott, like I just don't think that I just don't think the era and stuff is sustainable. I actually kind of saw him as a little bit more inflated era guy, kind of like Dylan sees to be honest with the more inflated guy with higher strikeouts. But I would go with the track record of cease and then Abbot and Biby to me are kind of a toss up, But I guess I would go with Bibby.
Speaker 1: On team context makes sense. Uh Also, I know a lot of people are talking about uh Uri Perez in the last few weeks. This was the first really you know, bad Uri Perez outing here six runs over the weekend. Are any panic mode on? This? Is he starting to hit a wall? You think?
Speaker 2: I mean, what better way? This is like the the meme, like the think smarter? What better way to the control your innings than them only go one third of an inning because it gave up six earned runs. I don't know, man' he was going up against Atlanta Like that's a horrid I mean, the same thing could be said about Gavin Williams. I think somebody in the chat asked, is Gavin Williams to sit today? If you were going to sit him, this would be the one set him against Atlanta. I'm not worried about eury Prez. I'm worried about Uri Prez in the macro sense of what does he pitch the rest of the year. This is an excuse for them to limit those innings and kind of I think they just shut him down until after the half so we can get his innings on the back half of the year. But I'm not worried about the performance. I'm just worried about them freaking out and trying to maintain his innings. Yeah, because he's the best of all those guys. By the way, you put if you had ury Perez good the rest of the year over Dylan ceas I take eury Perez over Dylan Ce's rest of season if ury Perez was guaranteed to finish out the year.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue on here. Let's talk about the other injuries. Uh Sean mcclanhangles on the fifteen day Iol with the back tight as we warned you about it last week. We're trying to prepare everybody for it. Just Chisholm left Sunday is game with an oblique issue, so he just came back. Now he's gonna go out again. It feels like Royce Lewis is out with an oblique as well, so that's gonna be weeks. Get the ten days, it's gonna be way more than that. Michael Kopek of the White Sox fifteen day Iel with the right shoulder inflammation, so he's going to be out a while. The good news is Brian Reynolds got activated for Amber Valdez was scratched Sunday with the ankle soreness. We'll keep an eye on this, but they feel like he's going to make his start coming up soon, which is good because he is that favorite still for the American League Cy Young. By the way, Kevin Gossman, who was once a long shot, is now number two on the board. Just want to say that on some books, just number two already. John Hayman of The Post report that Edwardo Rodriguez is expected to return on Wednesday to pitch against the A's. I still say he gets two starts before he gets dealt, maybe three, and Carlos Rodon finishes up his minor league rehab on Saturday. So I don't know if they're gonna keep him, They're going to let him make a start before the All Star break or not. My guess is not They'll just let continue to rehab and then when you come out of the All Star break you have Rodna ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I was gonna say, I actually saw a couple other outlets. I want to say. It was like Pro Baseball Talk or whatever, one of those that picked up on the Edwardo thing that like he is one of the biggest prime trade cancier, you know, you know, I've been talking about it for like six weeks or whatever, and that the same feeling is they want to rush him back, get him back, get him a start or two and then they want to ship him out. So he's a prime trade candidate. So you know, it doesn't feel as sexy as it did because you know, prior to the injury, he was, you know, burning through innings and he was like a great bet on first fives, you know, because the Tigers would always be plus one and a half. You could take them with those strikeout numbers. So it's gonna be a little bit dicey to see what he looks like when he comes back. But man, he goes to the right team, he is going to be an exponentially better fantasy option than he is right now for the last couple of months of the year.
Speaker 1: I still say Houston is the spot for him. Also, I think the new name I'm going to throw in this mix for the pitching market is Jordan Montgomery of the Saint Louis Cardinals, who's also pitched very well recent I'm gonna throw his name in the mix because I don't see a whole lot of pieces where the car the Cardinals really want to just sell off, but Montgomery might be really interesting one they could get a very good return on. So I would keep a close eye on that one. That could be another name. Here's a fun stat. I love fun stats. Sturry Ruiz has forty two stolen bases at the break here in terms of you know, halfway point of the season forty two. Last year, the entire season long leader was John Birdie who had forty one. Hot Dog Welsh, how great has that been? Also a fun stat too, looking at the nine inning MLB games three or more hours long last year was fifty seven percent of nine inning games where three plus hours. This year, you want to get guess at what that number is. What's the percentage of games fifty games were of nine inning length or three or more hours last year? You want to take a guess of what the number is this year.
Speaker 2: With thirty seven in a row, lower Bob oh twenty seven, lower Bob seven nine percent, nine percent, nine nine percent.
Speaker 1: Of MLB games have been and this is from code to FI baseball have been less than three hours. That's pretty unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So that is crazy, you know. Also, I want to just point out this is a side thing to go back, what's unblievable.
Speaker 1: And you know what one hundred percent of those nine percent is. The Yankees and Red Sox continued Yeah.
Speaker 2: How did Brent Rooker get the All Star nod over his story? Ruiz? How did that happen? Ruiz's forty one stolen bases.
Speaker 1: Check sting the long ball? I mean, honestly, in the in that format. If I'm the manager, I want Ruiz. I want him as a pinch runner to hopefully go steal a base and make something happen in the lad I don't see how perfect guy.
Speaker 2: You have one stupid representative? How is it not story Ruiz? Brent Rooker, that's crazy? Talk to me.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, man, I agree with you. I'm with you. Let's do three up and three down. Jaron Duran had himself a day yesterday five for five, four doubles, three walks. Wooh wait, it's a good Sunday for him. Spencer Streider three runs.
Speaker 2: Again that again?
Speaker 1: Ooh with the mustache? Is that one he got? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Clip that.
Speaker 1: Nine strikeouts for Spencer Strider and many Machado, many Machado siding Welsh, two homers for him, three down, thirteen strikeouts in the last twenty five at bats for Josh Young. Just want to throw that out there. Ellie de la Cruz, also over his last twenty three at bats hit one forty three. No boy, no, I don't like that. And Zach Wheeler over his last ten in the third innings nine earned runs for him in sixteen hits. So guys going in the wrong direction right now. Hopefully Ellie will turn it around. But one thing that always goes in the right direction is Welsh's finger.
Speaker 2: Say what would you say? One of those three guys and your three down will be in my trade video this week, So it will be one of Wheeler, Ellie or Young will be in my trade video coming up on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: There you go. You know what time it is. It's time to prick some prizes. That's right. Go to prize picks dot com, download the app, use that promo code leading off one word. When you do, get one hundred percent deposit match up to one hundred dollars support our sponsors. Prize Picks is fun. If you haven't tried it, go try it. It's a great time. I can't make money on it because they live in New Jersey, but please, I want you to go out there make money for me. Welsh. Help the folks make some money here with the prize pick. Do it.
Speaker 2: The guy with the mustache says, go check it.
Speaker 1: If you can't trust the guy giving your picks with a mustache, who can you trust? I mean, Warren Sharp is like the betting authority, and he is rocking that mustache hard. So I'm just saying, you.
Speaker 2: Can't trust this guy. You can't trust this guy?
Speaker 1: Right here? Well, you put on you know what. I can't trust that guy. But when you put the glasses on, you feel like an authority.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well here we'll do. Well, let's see the glasses.
Speaker 1: I mean that guy's put the work in.
Speaker 2: That guy has This guy has put the work in. You can see the reflection of everything.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, for my prize picks today, since I am a very trustworthy individual because I have glasses and a mustache, I'm gonna go with Logan Webb and Joe Ryan Combo twelve and a half over for today on price picks. Also he has been struggling, but I'll go with Ellie on the Fantasy score eight and a half as well as Adley Richman Fantasy score seven. Those are my three plays for prize picks, and you know they're good because I'm wearing glasses.
Speaker 1: That's right. I love the Combo one you're doing. By the way, I really like that web Bryan one. Speaking of Joe Ryan, six and a half as the number he's going against the Royals, though they strike out a ton, so give me the over on the six and a half. I've got Bryce Elder, Julio Tehran under point five runs in the first inning because Tehran has been very stingy, and Bryce Elder is, you know, the greatest era pitcher ever in the last generation. And then Juan Soto hit our fantasy score over eight for him. Think they're getting Barria tonight from the Angel So that's always a good situation. Now, look, we're in the halfway point, so I put together a little fun parlay for everybody to get involved and you're ready, oh to win the division. Cleveland Guardians, Tampa Bay Rays, Houston Astros, Milwaukee Brewers hang on despite the Reds being fun, Atlanta Braves and the Dodgers. If you put those six teams Cleveland, Tampa, Houston, Milwaukee, Atlanta and the Dodgers, that gets you to a spot where you could throw in And I got a free bet. So I just made this bet anyway along. I put some extra money in it too. If you put just like ten fifteen bucks on this, it pays out three hundred dollars. That'll pay for a nice bill. That's what you do. What's happened? This is the guy?
Speaker 2: This is coming from. The Dodgers are stinky guy. Diamondbacks are winning the division and you.
Speaker 1: Pull I never seension well. I never Padres, I thought were winning the division. I think it's too late for them to win division. I still say the Padres make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Must has changed you? It has changed you have.
Speaker 1: I've got some more bets though, one and a half total bases over for TJ. Friedel against the Nats today over three and a half strikeouts three and a half. This is on Betting Pros. You gotta follow me on Betting Pros. Join our group Bettingpros dot Com. Slash leading off against the guard today three and a half though Welsh Come on.
Speaker 2: No, I know I stared at it for a long time. It's such a low, stupid number. It's just the Guardians that they don't strike out.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Three and a half come on, and Joe Ryan is even money right now in the over against Kansas City again, Kanzley does strike out Welsh. What do you have for the people today? On the betting side, I only get.
Speaker 2: A couple things right now. I'm working on a few others. Speaking of Joe Ryan his strikeouts six and a half over, I think you can find like you I think you just said even money to round minus one ten. I like it no matter what. Such a great matchup. And then I've got a little bit of a parlay. I'm taking Atlanta Atlanta, Atlanta Braves and Minnesota. I'm putting them on a money line and it's paying around one thirty nine one forty somewhere in there, so a little bit on the plus money. So Atlanta Minnesota money line, Joe Ryan strikeouts, those are my plays right now. Go sign up and join up on the Leading Off or no, the Betting pro Yeah, the Leading Off group over on Betting Pros. Download the app. You guys can track all the stuff you can get on the leaderboard. You can see all the bets that we add in if I add some.
Speaker 1: More, and you can also tweak your notifications on there on the app too. So if you just want MLB stuff this time of the year, you can just get MLB updates and when line moves or when a goodback comes through, you get the little notification, so you know, we're doing a lot of the work for you, but we want you to be part of it too. So your fantasy teams haven't worked out quite that well, this is a great way to make back some of that entry money that you put in there. And look, you might be sitting around, you know, the pool or hanging out at the beach. Give so Rare a try this week. It's a perfect time just sitting around, hanging out, having some bruskis, eating some barbecue, play some fantasy, a little bit of so Rare. Go to fantasypros dot com slash collect sign up for free today and join our league, Fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off League. You get the digital cards, you create your team, you challenge others, and you win cool stuff like maybe even some MLB TV subscription. So go check that out. Welsh, Are you ready for the DFS talk today?
Speaker 2: Let's do it must as short slate, Short slate today.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell ten point. You gotta go at Blake Snell. I mean, the guy has double digit strikeouts and four of his last five outings. In June, he had an elright under one, like until it breaks, you gotta keep going here for Blake Snell, Bryce Elders at nine to seven, Tyler Wells at nine to five. It's a shorter slate today because everybody's playing tomorrow because of the July fourth holiday. It's baseball, it's Murca. So that's what you got. Baltimore and San Diego. That's where I'm looking for offense today. I like the Aaron Hicks revenge narrative against the Yankees two point four, Jose Miranda free Square two point zero, and Orlando Arcia two point eight in that game as well. Now, I'm gonna go Juan Soto for my home run call today. I got a few homers from a boy show he O Tani, but I'm taking a night off for him because he's facing Blake Snell, the greatest picture on the planet right now. So, well, who do you have for your home run call tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm just kind of trying to mix it up a little bit. I killed my sofa over the weekend. I was battling Mookie or Freeman, MOOKI or Freeman, and I picked wrong. Probably gonna pick wrong today as well, because he has been on a struggle bus. But going up against Jake IV, I'm gonna go with Ellie de la Cruz. Ellie to make a statement for the home run derby today. That's gonna be my hopeful bet, my hopeful bet. And now Joe, I have a question for you. Yeah, are we here tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No, we are not here tomorrow. We are off for the holiday. We will be back on Wednesday, so regular schedule programming, but we have a company holiday here Fantasy Pros. So everybody takes the day off refresh a little bit, which is good. So everybody go out there and enjoy the games, hang out. We'll be back Wednesday as normal. Before we go, we gotta answer Lee's question because Lee is having a panic attack about Bryce Harper. Eight times Bruce Harper. No, Bryce Harper. He said, that's how panicky is about Bryce Harper. Well, he came back to early. I said this when it happened. Am I panicked about him a little bit because I think he came back to early. Do I think there's room for him to be better in the second half? I do so I would be wanting to trade for Bryce Harper. But if you ask me, is he gonna look the player he was last year. I'm gonna say no, I don't think at any point he looks like the MVP caliber Bryce Harper, I think you're gonna have to wait till next season to get that. What are your thoughts on Harper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the power. I think he's got three homers in fifty games. The power has been zapped. He's still trying to find his rhythm. He's still hitting a bit. I think it's like in too. I don't have it in front of me two eighties or something like that, but the power. I was looking at him last night. The power has definitely been zapped. But he's not like a sit unless you've got somebody really great. If you're playing in a ten man league, I think you can justify the sit. In deeper leagues, I'm probably not. I'm gonna just keep him out here. Also noted, and I completely botched this. I should have thought of this. Sabos Goggles just said that Adley Rutchman joined the Derby And now if that's true, I haven't confirmed it. That would make sense because that is where he's from. He is from that Upper West coast I believe in And Yeah, Northwest, So that would make a lot of sense if that is true, that is what they are saying. I am not seeing it as I don't have time to be I'm scrolling on.
Speaker 1: I don't have time for this. I've got mustache wax to put in my my mustache. I have too many things going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying. I'm trying. We were at the end of the show, so I can't but if it is, that would be Adly and the Pacific Northwest. We did a great job, Joe. We did a great job with mustaches. I think these are pretty good looks. There's gonna be some great screenshots out of this.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: And I like that everybody created all the different characters we had. I mean, remember that trading cards that I was talking about. We had like thirteen new characters out of these mustaches here. And my favorite for me, I think was the I'm my own evil twin and yours was you are truly Joey x Plug.
Speaker 1: This is Joe Joey x Plug is definitely a yeah, you definitely can't trust me at all. I like when I wear the hat and the glasses though, and I look defensive. Coordinator nineteen eighty seven. Before I get on, I had a background. NFL Network was on. They were showing like the Washington you know, nineteen eighty seven Super Bowl run or whatever it was, and I'm looking at those guys. I'm like, man, I kind of look like one of those guys. I'm not quite one of the hogs of the offensive lineman, but I definitely look at one of the coaches.
Speaker 2: Let's see it.
Speaker 1: Let's see it. The show. One more on the way out. Look, have a happy July fourth. Everybody have fun, go out there, do some good things. Here we go, pull the head down a little bit and look out there. I want you guys have fun on July fourth. You get out there, you celebrate America, you enjoy the day off, and you come back for more baseball on Wednesday. All right, everybody, thanks again. Everybody's for supporting, leading off, supporting Fantasy Bros MLB. If you haven't already subscribed to the channel, you're the best, We love you. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm a defensive coordinator. Joey x plug. We'll see you next time. Gets see you later. It's up bears ridicular,