Speaker 1: What's up, y'all? Think you for tuning in for a new episode of We Talk Back, a show dedicated to you niggas and bitches. Because y'all, I'm mad because the bitch was being cheap as fuck and I'm stuck in Saint Martin. Try to fly on a buddy pass. Okay, at least I'm in Paradise. What's up, tam Bam.
Speaker 2: I about to say, that's a good place to be.
Speaker 3: Stun shit, you could be in Iowa, shout out to her.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody know I was listening to this shit.
Speaker 4: They don't even know black people exist.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, it's Met and Ban. I love y'all. Thank y'all for tuning in again. All Right, tell us about your weekend, girl, cuz you know in paradise.
Speaker 4: So, y'all, I'm still here. I've been here.
Speaker 1: Actually, I went to Anguilla on the twenty eighth of July. It is now July the ninth, and I've been stuck in Saint Martin for the last twenty four hours. But that ain't the whole trip. My whole trip was wonderful. A lot of food, a lot of lobster and spreads. I might put together, put together, a little real for y'all content, Because I got a little tiny bit of content. My back is a little bigger. Okay, since I've been on vacation.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be on vacation now.
Speaker 1: Eating a bunch of Johnny cakes. Don't I look pregnant?
Speaker 4: Look how bake my noses?
Speaker 2: What's a Johnny cake?
Speaker 1: It's just like fried bread, bitch. Okay, it's just like a you never had a Johnny cakes, like from the Jamaican.
Speaker 2: Restaurants and shit like festival.
Speaker 4: It's like festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like a flat, little round, spear shaped piece of goodness, fried them up being warm. Yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner. I don't never eat that much. Dog Like I am fasting when I get the fuck back home, I'm a fast for a while.
Speaker 4: But if y'all never been.
Speaker 1: To Anguilla, gold Man, it's a really nice island. It's a chill island. If you're trying to it's a party.
Speaker 4: It is expensive. I feel like all the island's expensive.
Speaker 2: Man, you're right Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we think it's gonna be cheap when we get that. It's just not like if you're looking for a cheap vacation. Vacation I would suggest, like Thailand, the flight might be expensive, but you're gonna pay like five hundred dollars to stay there for a month.
Speaker 2: Month, Right, that's it. But you're right, the islands are expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm in Saint Martin. After we get off today, I am going to try and catch a flight. If not, I'll be on Delta tomorrow. Shout out to Delta.
Speaker 2: What did I do this weekend? Shit? I ain't do nothing.
Speaker 3: The weather was kind of sucky because Hurricane Barrel came through town, and I mean it didn't really hit us, but we got some of the weather off of it. So it was kind of rainy all weekend, which I enjoy. I kind of just laid up with me and Bella, my dog, y'all. And that was it. I ain't do Did I do anything else? Hell no, that was it all. My niggas was out of town on vacation, on vacation. The No, it was like a bunch of group trips that went out of Charlotte. Like I'm talking about seventy people. Forty people, like huge group trips left this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: They probably right here in Saint Martin because this resort I'm on right now is fucking lit. Okay, I went outside for a little bit last night. I won eleven cents.
Speaker 2: I was like, what time is she going home?
Speaker 1: I text you last night.
Speaker 3: You ain't get it, Yeah, I responded, I ain't get this. I say it, stay in the room.
Speaker 1: I ain't get that the last thing, and then my messages was going out green, So I'm like, yo, something happened, Like I definitely got a knife in the bed with me though.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, you know what.
Speaker 3: Let me say this because this is one of our avid listeners and she's a huge supporter of the show on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Ok Ken.
Speaker 3: Her cousin, Taylor Casey, went to Bahamas for a yoga retreat on June nineteenth and went and went to dinner and then they never saw her again. She just vanished and they're still looking for her. So hashtag fine Taylor Casey you can keep up with that, and we're definitely praying for Taylor that they found her. She's a forty one year old woman and she just disappeared on June nineteenth in Paradise Island. That's all Bahamas, So y'all just be on the lookout for that, and y'all keep her in your prayers that she gets to come home safely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, you gotta be careful out here. God damn, I hate hearing stuff like that because it's like no closure until the right yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about to listen. I'm about to go in. My birthday coming up, and I'm about to go away. I'm about to put an air tag right in the back of one of these dreads.
Speaker 4: Beat You're better because they be really stealing women like cookies.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna find me.
Speaker 3: God damn, y'all gonna fucking find me where I'm at, and I'm gonna have that motherfucking peep peep.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna find.
Speaker 4: Did my location ever come over to you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It did not. That's why I was like, where are you at? Like, oh, your rue?
Speaker 1: I sent it to my low one for one hour because I was trouble shooting it while on the phone with him, and I was like, oh, let me see if this worked, because initially, initially I did it for indefinitely and I'm like, ah, how do I change this back? Once I started, I wasn't sure, so I did. It was an hour to test it out. Bitches, ain't ship y'all been in this stupid news.
Speaker 3: So Kendrick Lamar's music video dropped over the weekend and on the first day he had what was on fourth of July draw right. It had fifteen million views in the first twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Ken Dreid, big Gemini energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like how he supported like the same people. Some of the same people that were at the show were in the music video, like the crumping clown energy and all that.
Speaker 2: So I love that. It was a dope video.
Speaker 3: And Mike Rubin, Michael Rubin had his annual white party where he invites all the hotted celebs and stars, and Drake was there and people are saying that Drake and they were pictured together, and people are saying that Drake looks sad in the picture.
Speaker 1: Let me find out Drake feeling defeated a little bit, go to that white party, gets some white.
Speaker 4: Energy right quick.
Speaker 2: He looked tired.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he looks sad, but he definitely looked not as vibrant in the eyes.
Speaker 2: But who knows. Maybe he was on the bender. It was party time, you know, not.
Speaker 4: A bender he looked regular to me.
Speaker 1: He always Drake always looks like, what's that that movie? It's a never never Land with a big flying dog. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It's a big lamb before time.
Speaker 4: Yes, he looks like that puppy to me.
Speaker 1: Dog that Yeah, he always just looked like a little puppy to me, like he just had the droopy eyes and shit.
Speaker 4: Like he looked regular to me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we ain't gonna talk about Drake looking sad and I got that party. Let's talk about motherfucking Kendrick Lamar video, y'all.
Speaker 2: The video is Before Time. Well what you're talking about? I can't think of the name of.
Speaker 1: That movie eighties More Time and.
Speaker 2: It's something like that. But that ain't it because the Lamb before Time is something else.
Speaker 1: Big flying dog. I put that in Google and my service is so fucking ending story.
Speaker 2: What did I say in the Lamb before Time?
Speaker 1: You said a lamb before Time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You ain't say no, no name the never end the story? Yeah, it's you said ship. You say he looked like that white dog?
Speaker 1: No initially? Okay, we it's recorded, y'all. Can hear if I say it? Or not.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah anyway, Yeah, he looks like that to me, Like Drake always looks like that puppy. To me, it's not really a puppy. It's a big ass fucking flying dog. But that's what Drake looks like.
Speaker 3: That ship, if you're gonna look at that motherfucking the graphics did not hold up.
Speaker 2: I bet that ship is crazy. Redo it. Yeah, you a good movie to redo.
Speaker 1: Actually, I really enjoyed the Kendrick Lamar's video. He had a lot of gems in there. Social media is now calling him a black historian, actual black historians. Some of them agree, and then some of them are like, oh, he's not. He can't. Why why anybody could be a black historian if you fucking study the hell is wrong with people? Like I'm so sick of black people to get on my goddamn nerve. But he dropped a lot of gyms, especially like talking about Atlanta and how Atlanta came about, and if you ask me, Atlanta is Atlantis.
Speaker 4: The Lost City Okay.
Speaker 1: Right now is mad Max, But I think Atlanta is Atlantis, Like it's amazing people in Atlanta. And Drake does hop on every hot new artist and we may think, we may look at it as oh, he's like trying to beef their career up, but it also revives his every time a next new hot artist comes out, it's like a barter a bartering system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they ain't bad for them, they have Drake on their shit though. But do you feel like his light has dimmed some since this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, once the once the collectives start removing the energy from you, you can you literally you're seeing his light dim So that's just what happens. Like, that's that's why sound yes, because it's the energy of the people that keep these entities going.
Speaker 3: I still love Drake. I think a lot of people still love drinking. People like women don't feel like, yeah, they're not part of the battle beef.
Speaker 1: I don't think his career is over, Like it's not going to be a Meek Mills situation. I don't think his career is like finished. Okay, he still has a lot of fans. There's a lot of people who feel like he won the battle, you know, but did he win the war? It's a question. Yeah. I don't think so. I don't think so. But shout out to Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: I appreciate how.
Speaker 3: One song because it was really one particular song that Kendrick did that just revived the whole coast.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I feel like everybody like you.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, but I mean the energy over on the West Coast was different, you know, like everybody liked that song, but when you went out there, they was going crazy, like next level crazy.
Speaker 2: I loved it. And also, but I scared.
Speaker 4: Why are you schedule a trip up? I know my goofy ass.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't scared of trip, but I'm scared somebody. You know, they coming different out there, like what set you claiming?
Speaker 2: Bitch?
Speaker 1: Can you crip walk? For real?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Can you really do that?
Speaker 4: I don't have enough coordination for none of that shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah I can do that.
Speaker 4: I want to see.
Speaker 2: I'm posted video cropwalk challenge when I get.
Speaker 1: Whitney also had a little special guest appearance hern the kids in the video. You know, because a lot of what Drake was like in his disc a lot of it was based off of mister Morale the album and when people don't I don't understand and why why people don't get it? The album was not about Kendrick Lamar's life. It was actually about the morale.
Speaker 2: Of the people.
Speaker 1: So we had a bunch of different instances in there, So at what point would you use that and a disc record. It's weird you had no intel on Kendrick Lamar other than what he told you on an album. So yeah, this still doesn't say him and his girl altogether. She probably just down for the family. We don't know.
Speaker 3: But she was at the concert and she's in the video, so I mean, yeah, it ain't like how.
Speaker 2: What that lady is?
Speaker 3: They be like, oh mammy, she never showed up like that, So never never be geting to your camp.
Speaker 2: The Aunties Day first episode, Oh my god, it's not clips. Yeah, on zeus, this is some clarity.
Speaker 3: That's that's gonna be my new Like I love watching Ratchet TV. On the stair climber that get that thirty minutes done, baby, I watched Baddies and now I got some new shit to watch.
Speaker 1: Did you see I didn't see the video, I mean the episode. You watched the actual episode?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not yet. No, I'm saving it for the stair climber.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only saw the clip, and I saw the clip of Tokyo Tony showing her Kouchi to the game. Did you see that? No, she's such a fucking like. The thing is is, like I like Tia Camp and I like Tokyo Tony. I don't really know about blue Face Mom like that. Like she just she just gives super Cloud Chase energy like these women do too, but it's just different, like they just they still got their own little personality with it. Black China. I don't know how she survived her mama. I don't know how to fuck she survived Tokyo Tony, but she did. And Tokyo Tony. She really hate Black China. She's just a fucking she'd be hating on that girl so bad. But she was talking about like basically Black China, sex and all this stuff, right, and then she pulls her kuchi out to the game.
Speaker 2: She pulls her kuchi out.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, talked her leg open on the couch on one of the videos.
Speaker 4: It's a clip out there.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to watch. That's gonna get me through my thirty minutes. Level ten.
Speaker 3: Airy Spears took to the social media to say women don't need fake eyelashes, and he posted the whole video discussing why he felt like women didn't need lashes.
Speaker 2: And here's my thing.
Speaker 3: The last time you got on the internet talking about a woman and what she needed to look like, people got to dig it in your history and find out that you had some did some really dodgy videos that could consider you a child molester or you know, like it wasn't good. So why don't you stop talking on women like, we don't need eyelashes, We don't need your opinion honestly about our eyelashes. People want are gonna wear what they want to wear. They want to wear eyelashes, let them.
Speaker 1: First of all, I need my motherfucking eyelashes. I don't know what the hell he talking about. They're like a crazy hell. Now, once you start doing something, it's like you look crazy without it. So I like my lashes maya goddamn business. What you need to do is check on your damn health because you don't look healthy at all. You don't need to be that fucking big what's out what your skin? You know, the skin is your biggest or so I can only imagine with the inside of that big body looking like because his skin looks explorable, let's talk about that. What you're really is a dermatologist.
Speaker 3: He got really bad dark circles in his eyes, but that might be hereditary under his thighs.
Speaker 2: Eyes. I ain't seen that, nigga, thigh don't put that out.
Speaker 1: Imagine what them thighs looking like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna do that because I ain't because then we're just doing what he's doing.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna girl.
Speaker 1: You know, I go to hell every time. Okay, Yeah, so y'all stay stay heavenly. We're coming from women. I'm so sick of men telling women what to fucking do. Like, mind your business already. There's enough women out here that has the thing that you like for you to go for that and talk about that. Yeah right, there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Women who don't wear lashes.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 2: I ain't got on nothing right now, cry. I might not put on nothing, and.
Speaker 1: I put mine on this morning for Tenny like I did that. Thank you girlfriend, period, But may your fucking business grown sack of shit. I don't like that dude, Okay. Anytime I see him on anybody's platform, I'm disgusting.
Speaker 4: Like, why do y'all still have conversations with this guy?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's it doesn't seem to be a very.
Speaker 1: Those videos weren't dodgy. Those videos were exactly what the fuck those videos were. And if anybody wants to see him, I'm not spreading child pornography, but this is out there. Go check the Go check the archives, because it's the reason why they tried to scrub that stuff from the Internet archives dot org.
Speaker 4: You can find him airy spirits. That dude's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Well, let me tell y'all.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, I saw this viral post about this woman who went to instacart and she ordered She put the same thing, the same exact items in her Instagram art that she had bought in twenty twenty one, and her total in twenty twenty one was seventy dollars. In twenty twenty four it was one hundred and sixty five dollars for the same small amount of items. So inflation, and she was just discussing how inflation has gotten out of control and how she don't know how she gonna make it because she has kids to feed. And I felt that because I feed it, myself has been quite you know, different this year. So I wanted us to discuss inflation. I want us to talk about how we're handling, and I want to give us some tips that we found online to hindle inflation, you guys, cause it's affecting us all unless y'all like coming like that, so we'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back, all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: So we're back, and like Tam said, we want to talk about inflation because it's just something that affects everybody. Like nobody is escaping it. Even people who have, you know, a lot of money, they still feel it because you know, once you make money, it's another thing to try to keep it right. So sometimes they are a little bit more cheaper than our asses. But what causes inflation, So inflation is the rise in prices of goods and services. Over time, consumers lose purchasing power when prices rise. The power of a single unit of currency doesn't go as far as it did before. So that's why they say, like if you win a lottery, take the lump sum, right, because a dollar doesn't have the same value today as it does tomorrow. A little inflation isn't much cause for concern, but inflation can pose serious problems when prices rise too quickly, which we have seen since COVID.
Speaker 4: You can't tell me this is.
Speaker 1: Organic inflation, though I feel like this is something that was intentionally done to harm the economy in the United States, but that's another episode. So it's also an imbalance in supply and demand. Inflation tends to increase from consumer demand for goods and services increase while supply remains limited the disruption in supplies, And we saw this with groceries and shit like that, Like you know, one day they say, oh, it's no butter. The next day a bunch of butter on the shelf. So did y'all keep the butter in the back to create like this illusion that there's a lack or less of so now you can put the price up.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 1: Global energy prices jumped following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, so that's another thing. We got gas inflation, the price of gas. Russia cut off global energy supplies and tighten the marketing. So they're gonna blame all this is off investipedia dot com And I love this website, y'all know, I do stocks. I'm always on here. But a lot of this shit they blame in other people. Let's talk about the United States.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So basically, inflation erodes purchasing power essentially.
Speaker 3: Baby, don't it the fuck going on? So what what do you do you personally to combat inflation in your household?
Speaker 4: So one of the things I have started doing is.
Speaker 2: Getting a man.
Speaker 3: That's what I need to do because I need this need to be a two income household.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, if y'all don't realize this life is based off of double occupancy, you better get you a nigga. Like everybody gonna start pairing up real quick. All these niggas who think that they don't need a woman, don't need a wife, all these bitches who think they don't need a man. Everybody gonna be pairing up very soon. So, yes, I did get a refurbished relationship.
Speaker 2: And here I am.
Speaker 1: Bitch splitting bills. Absolutely, it ain't fifty to fifty now because I still ain't with that bullshit, But I am responsible for groceries and shit like that. Right, So I have started coupon in a little bit, a little bit pokito because that shit is fucking nerve wrecking. But I bought a app y'all should download it? Is I be otta. They have all these you connect your checking account to it and they tell you, like what stores have.
Speaker 2: The deals.
Speaker 1: It's usually like public cvs and shit like that, and people be sleeping on cvs because it appears expensive. But they have a lot of cash back rewards and you can double up, triple up coupons and shit like that. Harris Teeter is a good place to do this type of shit. But y'all can go on YouTube and just type in couponing and there's a lot of people who do the work for you. They tell you exactly where to go at, they tell you how to put the deals together. I bought it is always going to be like one of the main things they talk about, because you know, you get the cash back rewards on different items you buy. So this especially the daily household shit. I hate spending money on like toilet tissue, paper towels. It's so detergent, and so.
Speaker 2: I definitely started coupon in this year.
Speaker 3: It would be kind of fun too, Like you cut your little clip, your little Cooper's. You gotta take the ad out, store the in the online and try to make the amount match what the girl says on YouTube, like, yeah, I've been doing that. Sometimes it don't always work out, Like how the fuck she got it down a dollar ninety eight cent in mine is four ninety eight, but still four ninety eight is as better than the twenty five dollars it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: So I definitely started doing that shit exactly.
Speaker 1: But for like the holistic girlies, like a lot of the shit, like the food items that be on sell oh eat. So some of you guys, if you are into coupon and start selling that shit, sell the items that you get, like I don't use regular toothpaste, and you always can find crust and Colgate on sale by that shuit. Have put it on a Facebook marketplace, book marketplace offer up because sometimes when I'm looking for certain shit, like I'll go in there see see who's selling what?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I agree, I stayed balling the budget, y'all heard me just say, I fly. I flew on the fucking companion pass.
Speaker 3: So but sometimes them ships end up costing you more than a fucking ticket. Ahead you bought it in the first place, that's the only problem because then you got to buy a hotel room. Then you might end up actually having a buyer plane ticket like me. Right now, it's a crap shoot. Yeah that is a crap shoot. But if you can travel, but when you win, you win big. So yeah, yeah, so I get that.
Speaker 2: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: If you can travel on the Buddy Pass, y'all get you all the Buddy pass. Don't buy the plane tickets stay too high?
Speaker 2: What else do you do?
Speaker 1: Let me see what any other adjustments I've made get you a fucking Costco car, bitch, because Costco gas be cheaper than everybody else's. Really yeah, I'm not really a before like doing it, like the low light low coupon. I have always like gone on. I have all the different grocery stores that I shop at. I have the apps on my celephone, so I always look for deals before I even leave the house. You know, I make sure, like see what I see what you need. Don't just go to the grocery store buying shit. See what you actually need first, right, because you end up in the store with no list and you just buying a bunch of shit you really don't.
Speaker 3: Especially, don't go hungry too. Don't go to the store hungry because you will buy some shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you will get some shit that you don't need. I like to.
Speaker 3: So what I've done is I've been doing factor meals. So but I have a friend who works for Factor and they get forty percent off. So I use their discount code, so I get forty percent off. I get seven meals for like seventy bucks. Wow, that's cheap.
Speaker 1: Are they tasty?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They tasty? They taste nice. I mean, it ain't like.
Speaker 3: It ain't all of that, like, it ain't like, oh I can't wait to get to my factor box.
Speaker 2: But it ain't bad like it is delicious.
Speaker 3: I add a little season and I like you are a little judged to it to make it like real flavorful. And then I do that and then I my week.
Speaker 2: It would be simple, ill order. I know.
Speaker 3: I'll go get like five of those salad kids, a pack of chicken, and I'll have a protein shape for breakfast, a salad kit for lunch, and affected meal for dinner and my whole week. Ain't I spend like almost one hundred dollars, you know, for a whole week full of my groceries, And I'm getting skinny because the bitch ain't got no money to eat with it.
Speaker 1: Am that's a plus of inflation, Okay.
Speaker 3: But my meals are playing out like that. It's simple, it's easy, it's affordable. People don't realize people think Trader Joe's is expensive, but if you go and Trader Joels, they have a lot of really affordable quality stuff in there.
Speaker 2: So I like shopping at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: Whole Foods, I don't go there no more. That's Whole Check. I stopped going the Whole Foods like that.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 3: If I want like a nice cut of salmon or something like that to go on my salad instead of chicken, I'll go to Whole Foods. But I don't like they are a little bit more pricey than Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: Target said that they were cutting back on prices because apparently they were way above everybody else's prices, so they did some rollbacks recently at Target.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So okay, so what cleaning supplies and laundry detergent again, Like Publics always has this thing where you I think it's buy buy fifty dollars worth and you get fifteen, like a fifteen dollars Target gift card. Yeah, so that's usually once a month they have that. So that's usually when I buy my detergent and stuff like that and get that fifteen dollars back, and shit, if I want to go and buy a bathing suit and some shit fifteen dollars off. So you just got to look for me, like, and we are single people. I can't imagine what people with children are doing, and so we probably should have got a coupon or on here, just somebody who has children and to have a real life experience with dealing with inflation, because it's not just you you're responsible for.
Speaker 3: Right when you have kids, it's a whole different ball game because clothes.
Speaker 4: School's coming back up.
Speaker 3: Like, and they they gotta get school supplies. Maybe we should do like a drive a drive for school supplies for kids in our community or something like that.
Speaker 2: That would be nice.
Speaker 3: Another thing I do is like the things like I used to do every two weeks, I stretch it out a month. Like so my nails I don't go every two weeks. Now I go once a month. I get my nails done once a month. And I made them shorter because longer nails pop up faster and shorter nails don't. So I was acting like I just want it shorter. No, I just can't do it every two weeks anymore.
Speaker 1: The maintenance girls, what the fuck are y'all bitches doing? Because I do most of my own maintenance. Now, I did start getting petticares at least once a month, and really the main reason why is to patronize me.
Speaker 3: You're scratching that man. Shut out, You scratching that man up in that bed. You can't in the bid. No going making sure.
Speaker 1: My god daughter makes some money too, So I just go to her to get my get my toes out. She does really amazing petticares also, So that's little maintenance. I do my own hair. Like I'm start I'm gonna start paying for maintenance though, I think.
Speaker 2: Times waxing. I start waxing away from I was.
Speaker 3: Like so for real all year, like from the beginning of year till now.
Speaker 2: You know, I just had it like yeah, wolf pussy for real.
Speaker 3: But uh, because I ain't doing nothing. I ain't like it's just you.
Speaker 2: You ain't using it. I ain't using it.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't doing all of that, just kept it clean, you know, But I ain't do nothing with it.
Speaker 2: But it is the summertime. It got too hot for that.
Speaker 3: So I went and got a bikini there and I use that and I mean it's cool. It's not like baby smooth like wax. But I mean, ain't nobody like what I needed. You know, it's good. It does what I needed to do, So that's money saved for me because that added up lashes as y'all. Like I said earlier, I ain't got no lashes on saving money. I use a strip. I wear a strip instead of paying for actual lashes because they are expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people who even if you have the means to do all of these things, like eventually, if you're not feeling this inflation today, eventually you will, so you should start acting like it's already affecting.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 4: I just don't like. I don't like spending money on certain things.
Speaker 3: I don't want to wait till I don't got no money to make changes.
Speaker 4: And that's what people are. That's what a lot of people are missing.
Speaker 1: Like even on social mediay'all think these people have all this shit and they don't.
Speaker 4: We don't him being honest, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Is not be They be wearing fake bags, fake shoes. Meanwhile, you trying to spend your whole tax return on a real bag. Okay, R these bitches is around here with all the fake burkins, everybody can't even buy a burkin. Y'all know that everybody don't have access to buy no fucking burkin for real, And even like in places like the real real, like you still spending thirty thousand dollars on a bag, y'all think they're really doing that?
Speaker 3: That shit? It don't really appeal to me no more. There was a time where I used to aspire to have those things, but now it just seems silly to me.
Speaker 2: Thirty thousand dollars on a bag don't sound like it, don't.
Speaker 1: Seem it don't sound like future exactly. I mean, well, the bags and watchers and stuff like that, they do hold a value, so you it's not a bad investment, per se. But there's other ways to diversify your goddamn portfolio.
Speaker 3: But let's say something really uh, you know, what's the word cataclyptic, catastrophic catastrophic happens. Are the bags gonna have the same value in that moment, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like what you're gonna carry in the water, Right?
Speaker 3: So I just want to make sure that I'm setting myself up for success in any environment. And I don't know if persons is really gonna make the difference for me.
Speaker 2: It's not I used to I don't get me.
Speaker 3: Wrong, if y'all my birthday come in, if y'all want to send me a nice bag, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To take it.
Speaker 1: But you ain't buying it, bitch.
Speaker 2: M I ain't buying none of that shit. Yeah, it's not the season for that.
Speaker 1: I remember when I lived in when I lived in Atlanta, I was looking to buy a house at that time. So my realtor girl, just because I think people will assume that because it's a white person, they assume their bags and should be real that lady bought all her bags from the goddamn the Atlanta like flea market, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was this football player that I was talking to many years ago that y'all know. I ain't gonna say his name, but he was talking about how he get all his ear rings from players because people going to just assume his diamonds is real eera, because of.
Speaker 2: Who he is and what he do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once your reputation precedes you like.
Speaker 2: A player. I was like, I can go to Claires myself. Baby, you ain't gotta go.
Speaker 1: That's a smart man, and I bet you he still has his You said NFL. He got his NFL money.
Speaker 2: He's probably yeah, he's still very successful. Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta be frugal even when you have the money. It's still weird to me, like when celebrities do like frugal things online and regular people be like, ah, like you can't afford no, bitch. You don't notice science of business. You don't know nothing about money if you think you just supposed to spend it because you have it. The more money you have, the more people you also taken care of as well.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: So instead of buying a bag, I'm definitely buying some stocks. Okay, the stock market, I'm waiting for it to crash. It's like a by the dip on all the shit. I'm mad at myself right now. I didn't get into the video like motherfuckers really became millionaires off in the video in the last twelve months.
Speaker 3: If you would have been this properly my in like twenty thirteen, my ex boyfriend was like by bitcoin with me, and I was like, what is there? I can't wrap my head around it. I don't want none of that. It just sounds like something that And lord, I kicked myself and ask every day thinking about how much bitcoin he had when we broke up. I think he had like at least ten bitcoin, wow, because it was so cheap back then.
Speaker 2: So now yeah, yeah he up where you at.
Speaker 3: If he held onto it, he's definitely up. So kudos to you for being smart with it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not a financial advisor, but I would suggest people to research XRP ripple.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: And this is the coin that the financial institutions Bank of America, JP, Morgan, and Chase. This is a cryptocurrency that they are looking to have, right because the thing with crypto is because the thing with crypto is that it's not something that the government, our government can really control in a way, you know, So they're trying to find ways to regulate cryptocurrency, and when they do, XRP is gonna be that thing. XRP is only yes, ripple XRP. I'm trying to pull it up to tell y'all how much it costs today. It's only since right now. I'd buy as much as you could research it first. Don't take my advice, you know, just look it up. It's forty three cents today.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go buy me a dollar. Is worth.
Speaker 1: Two forty three cents.
Speaker 3: Y'all just buy me too and forget about it and see what it turned into in a couple of years.
Speaker 4: See what happened. See what happened?
Speaker 3: So, uh, timemagazine Time dot Com put out a list of ways to combat inflation as an individual, and honestly, I feel like they don't really.
Speaker 2: Know what the fuck to do either.
Speaker 3: Hold I'm gonna share this list with y'all, but it says first, review your budget, which is basically what we were.
Speaker 2: Saying, like, analyze what you have and analyze what you spend.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I still feel like it's important to save, you know, even if it's just a little bit, you know, try to say that, you know when you're So it says analyze. If you don't have a budget, it's time to create one. So ladies and gentlemen, look at your money and really sit down and analyze that shit and see where it's going because you spend it too much on door dash. Bitch, I know it's somebody listening, Like damn, she talking to me. Yes, bitch, I'm talking to you, Stin.
Speaker 1: I was talking to your ass earlier this year about that goddamn door dash I saw there was a poll on Instagram and it said name something that people do that you would never do with some shit like that, and I said, Uber eats, door Dash and paying for dick, Like, I'm going to get my own food. I don't want nobody. It's bad enough if somebody else is cooking it, right, you know how I am about food. Now I got to depend on this person driving my shit to my fucking house.
Speaker 3: It's so convenient. It's so convenient. I understand why y'all like it much.
Speaker 1: It's too much, too much, and they've created a battle between the drivers and the goddamn customers about tipping and stuff like that, and y'all not even they're not even paying the drivers that much to deliver this shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get most of it. I mean, the merchant gets a lot of it, and then that the fee they get a lot, they get a higher percentage, seems like, so that's not fair. But I knew I was doing too much when I had an issue with my meal, so I called door Dash and they was like, as one of our vi ps, we're gonna connect you to a different line vi P. I'm spending too much with y'all.
Speaker 2: I spend it too much money with you motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: I'm a VIP at door Dash, so that's what I changed my life. I was like, you know what off your VIP bitch?
Speaker 1: I see another post that said am I the door Dash person must have messaged the guy was like, can you meet me downstairs at the gate? And he was like, is this uh at the gate? Right?
Speaker 3: I remember I got into it with a door Dash bitch. I was car, what's the car? Bring your big back downstairs and get your own lunchable, bitch.
Speaker 2: I was like, you little roach. She looked like a roach.
Speaker 1: All right now for they get you like Cardi B roaches.
Speaker 2: I'm it was.
Speaker 3: Bad at Cardi B because she's you know, I'm real black. That girl looked like she had two pieces of hair that looked like they was standing up like some fucking antennas. Oh it's gonna call me big bag bitch, bring my shit to my door right. Number two on the list diversify your income. So it says when inflation is high, finding ways to cut and save is important, but so is increasing your income. Diversifying your income to include a side hustle or part time job can help you keep up with rising calls.
Speaker 4: They're just trying to find ways for people not to live because what.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing is have a full time job plus get a part time job, and what does that do for the quality of life? Right?
Speaker 2: Like, be a whit.
Speaker 1: Shit is fucking free. This earth is free. I understand we have to pay people to manufacture shit, to create things, but some of the shit we be paying for water, electricity, if those things were free tomorrow, the world would be totally different. And that's why they'll never let us know that energy is fucking really free.
Speaker 3: It's all around us Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: That's not new technology. That shit has been around, like all these things that we pay for. The cell phone fucking bill. Why the fuck is my cell phone bill going? Myself bill has went up forty fucking dollars in the last year, from a ninety nine ninety nine dollars to one phone. To me, it's already expensive. My shit has went up one hundred to one hundred and forty dollars. Verizon. Okay, I've been a customer since my freshman year at fucking college. Okay, man, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I call them people.
Speaker 3: I call uh Spectrum in Verizon, and I and I complain every bill cycle like I need to speak to somebody before I pay. I'm gonna pay it, but I gotta talk shit to somebody before I like to do it every every bill cycle.
Speaker 2: Why is this much? Well, ma'am, you didn't pay for Jude? Okay?
Speaker 1: I actually all that.
Speaker 3: Make it make sense be because I don't understand why it's too sick?
Speaker 1: Why was it so much last month that I didn't hit it?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 1: Life is stressful, Like listen.
Speaker 4: That's one thing about like on the islands and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: These people be chilling. They have their little small businesses. They live, you know, simple lives, but I'm pretty sure they're happier. It's such a rat race in America. It's like, yeah, I'm tired of it. I guess I haven't really been in the rat race per se since I got laid off from work in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: I've been figuring it the fuck.
Speaker 1: Out because I want my life. That's how bad I want my life. Like I'm gonna figure out a way to get money as opposed to having to exchange my time for the rest of my life. That's not living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah, I'm I'm looking for someone to come in and just say, be a stay at home mom, or just be a stay at home.
Speaker 2: God what you have done for others, see fear for me Lord a mercy man.
Speaker 1: That's a job. Like I have a friend who has kids, stay at home mom, but she wakes up when her husband wakes up, and she's on all day long, and so he goes to science.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he makes the money.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not care free. I didn't say it was.
Speaker 3: Now, some people do live a care free where they got nannies and maids and and they.
Speaker 2: Don't have to work. That's what I aspired to you.
Speaker 1: When you got a nanny, you still want to care about your kids. You want them to fuck, not just the nanny, right.
Speaker 3: I don't want them to cry and run to the nanny. That would make me say like, bring your ass here, a little nig, but you gotta journey, my mom. I wasn't queen ee no.
Speaker 2: All right, but no, listen.
Speaker 3: One of my best friends, she's a stay at home mom of two toddlers. And I see that bitch with a broom in her hand every single day on FaceTime. I'd be like, bitch, you one thing I'm gonna see for sure. If I don't see nothing else, is you attached to a broom every day? She's like, if I did not sweep at least three times a day, this floor would look crazy.
Speaker 2: With these toddlers. We took them to the movies the other day. Baby, they took me through it.
Speaker 3: Honey, that the little one, the little one is not She's like, you're scared of him.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, not, just got your ass shook all right.
Speaker 3: Number three pay down high interest in no, so thanks tim, bitch.
Speaker 1: I stopped paying my credit card. I stopped paying it. I'm gonna figure it out. Yes I did, y'all listen, I stopped king at credit card with a very high interest rate.
Speaker 4: I know how to fix credit debt. I'm know how to fix debt.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So we live in an economy, we live in a in a country, right, everybody's in debt, even the fucking country. So at one point do you think the citizens of that country aren't going to have some form of debt, Like debt actually makes money. M h, y'all ain't making them more money off my motherfucking debt. Y'all can have that ship. I'll figure it out on the back end one of my credit cards, the interust rate. I kept calling, Hey, y'all think y'all can lord this interest rate. They wouldn't, And that's that's an option. You can call and ask for a lower indust rate so you can be in a position to try to pay some shit off. And when the creditors aren't trying to work with you, when they they too are in debt, boyfucking boyfuck you.
Speaker 2: Well, if y'all don't want to go a j rowld, let me tell y'all what it says.
Speaker 3: Thanks to inflation, there is less money available to spend on everything, including debt repayment. Aggressively paying off high interest debt, including personal loans, payday loans, and credit cards can help free up cash to spend on other items. If you have a good or excellent credit you can also consider transferring your high interest rate debt to a zero percent balance transfer credit card. If you're able to pay off your balances before the end of the introductory rate, which is off to six to eighteen months, this can help you save a lot of interest. Before committing to a balanced transfer credit card, make sure you understand the terms and if there is a transfer fee or annual fee involved. So I mean that's an option you.
Speaker 2: Guys to like. That is not an option.
Speaker 1: That's not a real option. Paying off debt to free up money is not a real thing. You're not gonna have that money back. You're not gonna have no.
Speaker 2: But but you don't want to have that debt.
Speaker 1: Fuck that. Okay, fuck that debt, y'all. Tell y'all, y'all, let no house fucking look my credit score good? Okay, Like I said, fuck that debt. Y'all want some pointers, hit me up? No, don't really, don't hit me up, because one thing I don't like is customer service with niggas. I hate trying to show a nigga to do some shit. And you've been like not really liking black people.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 3: Open a high yield savings account. Thanks to inflation, if you aren't earning interest on your savings, you are losing money. A high yel savings account is a savings account that offers a high rate of return than the average saving account. Online banks can often offer an even better interest rate than traditional banks, since they don't have to pay expensive overhead costs. A high yield savings account is a great place to store your short turn short to medium turn savings, such as your emergency funk.
Speaker 1: Listen, they are asking people to save money that they're nod fucking making the average rent right now, okay, because they're almost making home ownership just so far away from most people. The average rent is twenty five hundred dollars for a one bedroom. It's like fifteen hundred dollars, right This is the average rent across the country. People do not have money to save in that way unless you already had money accumulated. I think millennials are going to be probably fucked up the most because we're not getting our pseudo loans forgiven all right, right, so so.
Speaker 2: Hard it might not exist by the time we.
Speaker 1: Get exactly like we have always been the generation to feel all a bullshit, Okay, I don't see anybody who has children, who has a mortgage and all that, who actually has money to save and put in a hide a high yield interest. You and what you're saying essentially is give your money to the banks to also use your shit, use your money to invest in shit, and possibly lose your money because when the markets crashed, that money that you've now put in the bank. You no longer have that money. Y'all saw that in California last years time, where a credit union shut down and the and the members came for their money and they couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: It was like, get it back in blood.
Speaker 1: So why would I pay this fucking credit card? Get it back of blood?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's also it's important to have an emergency fund. If you can squeeze, you know, any ounce of money out to put in a how your savings account, so you can have an emergency fund. It's better than a regular one, you know. I mean, that's just an option if you can. If you can't afford it, I would, just because you never know when some bullshit gonna happen. And you got a bag, but you ain't got nothing, no money, you know, like you don't bought it, Like I'm saying, you bought a designer bag instead of saving for an emergency, and now you're out here with a GoFundMe, which do work if people, if people fuck with you, they'll they'll support it. But I mean that may not always be the case. So have you an emergency stash or something in your drawer, Put a little change in the drawer something, bitch.
Speaker 2: Don't just be out here with nothing.
Speaker 1: Number. Holding on to fiat currency is never going to be the It's like holding on to paper money ended a mattress, like what happens when that currency no longer has value. So if anything, I would say, buy you some I mean it's not. Long term investments are always going to be better than some short term.
Speaker 2: Just having it sitting. Yeah, city money in account, so.
Speaker 1: Like go but with the actual precious metals and stuff like that. I you going to invest in anything for real for the future, it would be if that dollars, it would be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what that would be. If you have a couple of dollars.
Speaker 3: But you could get a high yel savings account with just a little bit of money and just start pouring into that, like you know, just putting a couple of dollars in it every month at least.
Speaker 4: And what's the highest they want to give? What's the interest?
Speaker 1: Uh, let me look up a bank and see what is the current interest rate on a savings account in GERI Okay, go ahead, I'll come back.
Speaker 2: In all right.
Speaker 3: While you're looking at up, I'm gonna go to the next one, which already discussed what y'all. It says, create a meal plan. So that's what I did, And it really did drop my spending on food down to a fraction of what I had been spending. And it also dropped my weight down to a fraction of the size I was bit because, and you know, obviously I didn't just eat like salads in factory meals. I will also get fruit in like sugar free chocolate and shit talking about.
Speaker 1: The price of fruit and vegetables for them to be good once you buy in like I'm sick of buying nasty ass mangos. I'm sick of buying nasty ass apples like the fruit they say they just I'm gonna start returning shit. When I tell you, my mama will return your ass to the grocery store. She needed to me too.
Speaker 2: I am one.
Speaker 3: I will come in there with a banana open. Excuse me, this banana ain't right. I would like another. I really that girl. If I cut into it and it ain't right, I'm going to take your back. I don't get one peach, Hi, good morning. I bought this peach yesterday. I bought this peach four days ago, and look at it.
Speaker 1: Now I need my gas money back for having to come drive back over here. I also need that back now. One thing Harris Theater does like they have a guarantee fresh seafood policy. So if you buy some seafood from and it's bad, like, they give you back double your money. I like that. Yes, me too, because me buying like a whole twenty dollars fucking red snapper and get home and the shit is fucking bad, I gotta now drive back to your establishment to return it.
Speaker 4: You just gonna get me back the same money.
Speaker 1: No, not just high as inflation, right, I like that too.
Speaker 2: Another thing that says is batch errands.
Speaker 3: So with the price of gas, commuting or running multiple errans in a week can get expensive. Rather than driving back and forth to the store whenever you need something, try batching your errands so you can accomplish all of them in one trip. I mean, I guess that makes sense because some people go to the grocery store and get one meal every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's me especially, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: For real, I do whatever. I'm a cook, I tend to go to the grocery store to get it for that day. I don't really like store. I'm freezing stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: But you can save on gas if you just bought a bunch of shit at one time, at least three days worth. Okay, And this one says investing tips, Treasury inflation protected securities is a government security designed to help protect you against inflation. What says TIPS apart from other government securities is that the principle is not fixed. Instead, it can go up and down with inflation as measured by the Consumer Price indecks CPI. When inflation rises, you can benefit from higher income payments. Tips can come in terms of five, ten, or thirty years. At maturity, you either get the higher just a principle or the original value. So the benefit is you never risk losing your initial principal investment. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so y'all look up tips.
Speaker 3: And then lastly, it says speak to a financial advisor, get you someone who can help you manage your money.
Speaker 1: But you got to pay, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: We got to pay them to So I mean that's if you can afford to, you know, pay somebody to.
Speaker 2: Help you with your money.
Speaker 3: But there are people out there who don't cost as much that can do it. You know, you can find someone who can help. If you can, if it's in the budget.
Speaker 4: YouTube university, figure it out yourself.
Speaker 1: Like at this point, like you're going to have to eliminate some of your bills, right, So getting a financial advisor, that's not really it's a good thing, right, but most people they can't afford a financial advisor. Not a real good per you know. And if you're not making a certain amount of money, like what are you really advising advising for?
Speaker 3: Like put that fifty cent over there and put another dollar on that side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't know, it's rough out here, but just these are just some like online banks, online savings. So I'm seeing like rates of five point three percent five point two five percent on high interest yield savings accounts. That's not a lot of money. Depend depending on how much money you're actually putting into this state, into this savings account.
Speaker 4: It's really not a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna tell y'all, So my options, I have been trying to set a goal to make five hundred dollars a day on options. Now I'm gonna tell y'all it could be one day I might lose fifteen Okay, but I have been making that goal for the last couple of months. Okay, I've lost, Yeah, but I've lost some money. But it's not like my initial investment that I've lost. Right that to me, you don't got to hire paying job than options. That is the highest paying job that you could fucking have, right if you can figure out a low routine. So this is just the one little tidbit if you're interested in options. The thing I've been doing for the last couple weeks, I've been getting in the S and P five hundred right at the end of the day, so add three, so this is thirty minutes a day basically. So right at like three o'clock, I start looking at the market, I start looking at S and P five hundred. You can buy option contracts cheaper on Thursdays and Fridays, that's one thing. And the market now allows you to trade fifteen minutes after the market opens and fifteen minutes after it closes when you buy same day contracts, and you can actually like if the if you think that S and P five hundred is going to keep going up after the market closes, you could double your fucking money so fast. But if it goes the opposite way. You could also lose it really fast. So I would suggest people to sign up for TD was not TD Ameritrade anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm TD amer Trade.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not. It's Charles Swab. Now for think a swim. Sign up for think a swim and do some paper tradeing. Paper trading is like using fake money, so you can get acclimated and just try it first before you That's.
Speaker 2: What I wanted money. I want to learn, learn how to play with that girl.
Speaker 1: When I tell you there's something like I didn't cried one day, but then other days.
Speaker 2: I cry a lot of dollar days.
Speaker 3: So it's a buy some money instead of these niggas.
Speaker 1: Every day thirty minutes thirty minutes, the last thirty minutes of the day, you should be able to make a couple hundred dollars honestly.
Speaker 3: All right, well, maybe we need to sit down and you can teach me, or maybe you should do like a live and teach all us, bitch, because I got a curriculum.
Speaker 1: It's gonna cost you though, that's another investment.
Speaker 3: Listen, all right, well, do you have any last last for today?
Speaker 2: What's your last word? Oh?
Speaker 4: Last word?
Speaker 1: Couple up. Get you a nigga, Stop backing like you independent bitch. Alright, save a couple of dollars. Get you a fucking boyfriend, girl, he might not be that cute.
Speaker 3: Get him. Get a boyfriend that can contribute, because right, don't get it?
Speaker 2: And who need help?
Speaker 4: Bit, you need help?
Speaker 1: And this is not just for women, right this, this is for everybody whoever's listening. Couple up.
Speaker 4: That's one way to battle inflation.
Speaker 1: Right. Of course, saving money another thing. Call these credit card companies. If you owe anybody any money. Everything in life is negotiable, negotiable everything. Call them see if you can get a lot of interest rate if you don't have to take my way right to do some shit. But if you don't have it, you don't have it. And it's not that I don't have it. Y'all can have it.
Speaker 3: My last last is stop spending on frivolous bullshit trying to keep up with the joins. Isn't trying to look a certain way or be validated by.
Speaker 1: Things social media?
Speaker 3: Don't let yeah, yeah, don't allow these things to validate you. Your work is not aligned with how much stuff you got, How good are you as a person?
Speaker 2: Are you a good person? Are you healthy?
Speaker 3: Are your friends and family healthy? Are you making positive connections with people?
Speaker 2: That's where your value lies, you know, not in the things that you have.
Speaker 3: So yeah, fuck that stuff and save your money and be kind and be good to people.
Speaker 2: That's my last last period period period poop.
Speaker 1: Look at us.
Speaker 4: Giving a little slight financial advice.
Speaker 1: Alright, y'all listen if you enjoyed this episode, because these motherfuckers trying to put me on this hotel. If you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect podcast. iHeartRadio apple Way, but though fuck you get your podcasts. That is your co host, aj Holiday two point oh, hailing all the way from Saint Martin Stratton on a motherfucker island. I probably should have got on tender livet sight and see what was popping.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what's up, tam Bam.
Speaker 3: You did right by keeping your ass off of there, crazy ass girl, y'all.
Speaker 2: It's official, Tam Bam. I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Follow me on Instagram, send us your dumb bitch stories. It's hide outside. I know y'all been doing some shit. It's it's ninety five it's seven pm, Friday, ninety five degrees. That's my favorite shit right now, y'all, that's my favorite shit.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Remember speak now and never hold your peace hold your money though, period,