Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stanobek along with Carol Masser, were joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter and Deputy team leader for US Equities Carmen Ryanikey. A lot of companies reported in the after hours, and we're seeing some pretty pronounced moves in the market.
Speaker 3: What do you see, Yeah, let's jump in. So the first one that I'm looking at is lift ticker lyft so shares are down about fifteen percent right now. So the company reported earnings that included a surprise one hundred and eighty five million operating loss in the fourth quarter. It also is issued a disappointing earnings forecast for the start of the year. This is really just a sign that some of the global expansion and new product offerings that it's had may weigh on profits in the short term. Also important to point out that it comes after sort of a mixed report from Uber last week, So we're really seeing shares fall off here, especially and Yeah, that's surprise operating loss.
Speaker 1: Any news on getting the city bike docks shoveled.
Speaker 3: I wish they had news on that. I do email like every time there's not a city bike at my dock, and it's it's not getting fixed that I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Lift had a blog post last week they said they would come out. They've gotten a lot of flak about this because like you go to a dock and it's says it has like twelve bikes, but you can't access any of the bikes because they're like frozen in. They're frozen in, and per the guidelines that Lyft has, they're responsible for clearing the city the city bike from snow. They did say I got a notice on my phone last week. They said they'd have it done by early this week.
Speaker 4: So it's still tomorrow's Wednesday. Then it's too icy to be on a bike right now. You'd be on a bike whendn't you.
Speaker 1: I was able to find a bike in last week, but only I only did it because the subways were.
Speaker 4: Den Ugh, it's it's been it's been tough commuting all right. From lifting the aftermarket down a lot, like fourteen percent, I think it is to robin Hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this one's also slipping down about six percent in after hours ticker hood. So, I mean this should come as no surprise that big sell off in crypto, the weakness that we saw in the fourth quarter impacted Robinhood's earnings, so their net income tumbled thirty four percent. It's pretty big, and specifically revenue from crypto trading dropped thirty eight percent, only two hundred and twenty one million dollars that after the route and digital asset prices, So that's that's really what's weighing on the shares here, also extending their slide from the beginning of the year, so it was down more than twenty four percent from the start of the year at close today.
Speaker 4: Hmm. Yeah, I mean, I don't know, interesting story, right, it's been on a tear for a while.
Speaker 1: And yeah, maybe I want to hear from them about do you want which part prediction markets? As Neil SIPs from Bloomberg Intelligence said, a lot of their prediction markets are sports betting or sports predictions. I want to make sure I get the terminology right. So curious to hear from that company.
Speaker 2: But they did on the call.
Speaker 4: They did the right then they buy a is it Georgia State leder X? Is that part of that to do that? That's different, right, Like they really are kind of building out the business.
Speaker 1: Right, Sorry that one, Oh you're talking about the Susquehanna. Yeah, yeah, I think that is that does have to do with prediction markets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so yeah, interesting. Sorry, we're just like you know, going through it too. There's a while, a lot of moving parts. Let's go to Mattel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Mattel ticker m at, the maker of Barbie and hot wheels. So there are actually a few things going on here. The stock is down a lot, twenty five percent right now in after I was training, big big drop for shares of Mattel. So, first of all, I did report earnings that you know, fell below walls expectations, kind of showing that the hopes of sort of a bump in sales around Christmas didn't happen. But they also had news out that they're buying partner net uses Steak in a joint venture to accelerate mobile gaming.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.