Speaker 1: Welcome to Wawka Mix, a place which addition, Earth and spirit come together in every six.
Speaker 2: From Earth to hand, Parctic last, and isn't just a drink. It's five generations of tradition and master with.
Speaker 1: Every Singapore, none of those who made it, and just place it comes from. So go ahead, raise the glass and taste the spirit of Wahamma in Neiio's.
Speaker 2: Mass Cats available now. Welcome back to another episode of Unplugged. Five Grammys, seven Diamond records, over one hundred and seventy million albums sold. This person is tied Michael Jackson for the most number one male solo hits. For the last fifteen years, Drake has been giving us soundtracks to parts of our life. A lot of dope shit. You think back to a song, you remember what you was doing at that time. We all know recently or not recently. Shit has been going on since April. The Kendrick Drake beef took a new turn when Kendrick dropped his solo project and Drake, you guys know what the fuck out?
Speaker 3: He filed some petitions.
Speaker 2: Now he's doing the music group and Spotify and claiming that they bodied his his song tow bigger than what it may be. And then also defamation, and if you take a look at it, it's.
Speaker 3: Deeper than that.
Speaker 2: You know, Drake is taking a shot at the whole with kind of the unspoken truth about the music business, the way streams work and in the way these companies have always kind of taken advantage of artists. But that's coming off the tale of losing a beef. So there's a business side, and then I think there's just a politics side, I guess if you want to call it. And who better to discuss this and really break what's going on down and can Drake recover and what's next for Kendrick than my brother DJ head. What's up, bro?
Speaker 4: Man? What's up? Bro?
Speaker 5: I appreciate you. It's good to see you. Man, it's good to see you. I love what you're doing. You know what I'm saying, Just for everybody that's tuned in right now. Matt got a whole new facility. Is hell of people working here. He got white people like.
Speaker 2: You know, we got we gotta keep everybody in the circle. We got some color. Yeah, it's a beautiful situation. Man, Shout all the smoke.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Bro, we've been grinding, but you know, obviously had you have kind of been almost in the center of this as much as you can as not being an artist, but as being a really a voice for the West Coast. And what are your thoughts about what's currently going on? Will Drake ever be able to really have the street's ear after going on?
Speaker 5: According to my big bro Glasses, he never had the streets. But I don't know, Bro, Like it's this is a real complicated.
Speaker 2: Man, Let's talk about it. This is a break this shit down because I want to learn.
Speaker 5: It's a real nuanced conversation because if you think about it, we've never seen anything like this. I have somebody text me. I ain't gonna say who it was, but this is like a super og in the game. He texted me. He was like, Bro, I've been he said, I'm fifty. He said, I'm fifty three years old. Bro, I've been doing hip hop since nineteen seventy eight. He said, I've never seen no shit lines and all this is like somebody somebody. I'm like, damn, O g like for He's like, Bro, I've never seen anything like this, and so it'd be I'd be remiss to be like, yeah, you know, this is standard issue. This shit is not normal what's going on right now? But I don't know, and I did my intention just so I always try to overstate it.
Speaker 4: My intention was.
Speaker 5: Never to be involved, like and to be the voice on this side versus the voice on that side. And like it was just I'm just like mad as my homie. For some if somebody is defaming the homie, right, I'm gonna say something. Typically that's just how we get down. So it's just I don't know how everybody else is raised. But I also don't like bullies. I just really have an issue with bullies. I'm triggered by that, and usually I don't have a visceral reaction when somebody is being bullied in a way that is unbecoming of whatever they claim. It is like if you're a bully, standing on being a bully, you know what I'm saying, which I respect that just like people be like they like they have they they have.
Speaker 4: Their their views on Trump.
Speaker 5: Right, not to go go off course, but they have their views on Trump, and I do too.
Speaker 4: But I also respect when he says what he tells you what it is.
Speaker 5: It's like people like Oh he paid lesser taxes than this person, he said, cause I'm smart.
Speaker 4: He not wrong.
Speaker 5: He know the system, like figure out the system and then a lot of system work for you. I look at that. It's the same way as this situation, right. I don't necessarily know the play though, Like I don't know why someone would sue are it's not really a lawsuit like that at this point right now.
Speaker 2: Petitions right to gather evidence, more evidence and kind of find out what's really going on.
Speaker 5: Correct, So I don't necessarily know what the play is though I don't see a pathway. Maybe I'm maybe I'm not ignorant, maybe I'm not smart enough to know. I'm sure that this man has the best lawyers that money can be. Drake has always been He's always thought ahead. His business is very well taken care of. But again, this crosses over several different spaces, and I think that there has to be obviously any game plan.
Speaker 2: But what something. He's probably benefited most of the industry, most of the big people in the industry have probably benefited off the way these companies make ship. Everybody seems everybody.
Speaker 5: Has benefited from it. And the thing is, it doesn't make it right, it just sees what it is. That's why business it's business. That's why I related a kin to the politics, because everyone knows that, oh there might be a dirty cop in the force, or they might be a dirty politician in the force. Right, but that person's positioned themselves or align themselves with allegiances that maybe they makes them a little bit untouchable, right, same thing in the music industry. There are people in the music industry, in the entertainment industry in general, which we saw over the last five years with everybody that's going down in the entertainment industry, whereas like things have been going on for so long and they have systems in place and safeguards to protect themselves and the alliances and stuff like that, and I think everybody's doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's just that how deep does it go. Nobody knows trying to bunk the system. I mean, it takes me to another point where it's Drake bigger than the program.
Speaker 4: Nobody's bigger than the program.
Speaker 2: We've seen people try to be bigger than the program. And someone told me last year, someone very powerful told me that, like the beginning of last year, Puffy's going down somebody told me the same thing. I'm like, damn, They like, you can't bite the hand to feed you. And it all started with the alcohol company and the back and forth. You see people far back as Michael Jacks that you know, God Is Publishing got some of the Beatles. Publishing was going after Marvel, and all of a sudden these allegations start coming out. And then after that he passes like you said, there's there's there's stuff in there to safeguard these companies from an overhaul. Then on the flip side you see a jay Z where he knows the system is fucked up. But instead of trying to like out anybody, I'm gonna build my own title, which is what I respect.
Speaker 5: Which is why I why I take the stance that I that I take often is everybody can complain. We all have thumbs, we can tweet what we can tweet all day. I joined the I'm I'm the chairman of the board for the Boys and Girls Club from the Media Advisory Council right because I noticed that there was a void in the systems that I came up in, came up in, and I want to fix those systems. You can't do anything from the outside. Right, I was just one of them people complaining about Maclamore beating Dot beating Kendrick for the Grammy. Right, I was one of them people complaining. You know what, I did, join the Grammy board. Let me figure out how this system works.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I was one of those people playing LA radio. Don't play enough LA music. You know what I did when it got on the radio. I was there for seven years. I don't respect people who just complain all day and tweet they ass So I don't respect that because what are you doing about the problem. So it's like you said, I respect Hove because and then I want to say this too, because I don't think Hove gets enough credit what he's done with the NFL, because they were killing him online after everything happened with Cap and everything went down.
Speaker 4: It was like, why would he go work with them?
Speaker 5: They're racist, They're this there that it's like, but yeah, but when you have these systems in place that are good old boys systems and you're on the outside throwing rocks at tanks, that's not an effective.
Speaker 4: Way to protest.
Speaker 5: What I would like to do is go figure out I would go to tank school. You know what I'm saying, have them teach me how to work the tanks, build my own tank, or getting a tank, driving out the gate, turning around and shoot at them. You know what I'm saying, that's the way you do it. And so I respect what Hope has done.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a thing like this simply because I don't think that they whatever.
Speaker 2: Expected him him to do it, to buck the system in this way, because again he knows how the system works. The system is worked in his benefit. He's completely benefited from right, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: As great as he is. You know, I've always been a big fan of Drake. That's why when this ship went down, I'm just like, this is this is the battle obviously Kendrick one. But I said, I don't think that changes who Drake is, you know. I mean, he lost a pusher and he lost, he lost to Kendrick. But at the same time, I think this route that he's taking for music has there's gonna be tons of mixed people. And then some people say, well listen, he's doing it for the betterment of artists.
Speaker 5: No, most people, most people who want to this is I'm not attacking Drake. I want to preface it with this, because they just gonna clip this and be.
Speaker 4: Like, no, no, this is I'm not other people.
Speaker 5: But usually what people do is they find a narrative and then they figure out ways to support that narrative. So they'll they'll figure out a cause like Okay, I want this goal to happen, and then they'll figure out a noble way, a noble gift wrapping paper, right, Oh, here's some noble gift wrapping paper, and then they just make it look all nice like I'm fighting for black people. No, you're fighting for yourself by way of black people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 5: Usually in this situation, well, first of all, in this situation, I don't think that they expected him to do this. He's a complete child of this system that he's completely benefited from. But the caveat to this is is people saying like, oh, he's gonna revolutionize the music industry. The music industry has been the music industry. It's going to continue before. It's gonna be here before you, it's gonna be here after you. You know what I'm saying, I don't think so you don't think he has the power to really shake shit up. And to my next question, not to cut you off, keep your thought. It's Drake gonna open Pandora's box going against all these very wealthy white men in this space that have shit set up to go against it. Like if you got to think, if there's somehow, some way he wins a laying like a record lawsuit against the whole music industry, do you want those kind of people?
Speaker 3: Is that gonna start?
Speaker 2: Is it is that gonna open Pandora's box to people kind of kind of go shake it and see what's going on.
Speaker 5: He can get just done. I'm so I invest in human beings. A lot of people invest in company stocks. I invest in human beings. I invest in relationships. I invest in Matt You know what I'm saying. I invest in Stack like I think that when you I don't think this is I don't think this is a money money grab. It can't be a money grab because he has more money than he could possibly want. You know what I'm saying, not count his pockets, but this is about somebody misstepping in my personal opinion, my humble opinion. I don't have the accolades. I don't have the money. Break that down though. This is a missed what I've seen various missteps since the since the battle, since the back and forth, and it's just like, no, I wouldn't have did that. Oh no, I wouldn't have did that. Oh no, I definitely wouldn't have did that. That's like strict and this is I've been saying that since April.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: And you know, I'll say it to to the boy. You are still you, Bro. We gonna I'm a DJ. We're still gonna play a music. Go make you but go make kill bops. That's it, Go make kill bops.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: I've said this when it first cracked off, when when, when it was, when it was with the homie, I said, Bro, leave him, leave bro alone.
Speaker 4: You don't want this. You don't want that.
Speaker 5: Everybody else is trying to get out there in the street and say little things. You don't. Dot is different. We the same, bro. Like we're always sober, we're never on drugs. We're always like, I'm not drunk, I'm not. We're clairvoyant, we're strategic, we're intellects, and we're squares. We're not gang bangers. So that means, okay, we're not from I'm not from a hood, which means everybody fuck with me. Dot is from Compton, but he not from a hood like that, but everybody fuck with him, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you're not gonna win that way, and you're not gonna win. You're not gonna outstrategize because you caught up in you know what he said in the rect like you don't want to like being famous the home. You don't even like being famous. So my thing is go make your bops, bro, Like, go make your jams. You are still you. Everything that he's doing right now is taking away from the legacy that would have been.
Speaker 2: That's my question, ten twenty thirty years from now, is this going to be something that stands when we look back on his greatness? Is this something that's going to be glaring when people look back on it.
Speaker 4: The average person don't give a fuck. We care.
Speaker 5: Culturally, we care good point, we care Stephanie who live in Orange County, or you know Tamika and Houston who loves she don't give a fuck about none of this shit. But culturally it's a blemish that probably you can't cover up with no amount of makeup.
Speaker 2: Obviously there's talks he had the streets. He doesn't have the streets. His whole thing is super talented and versatileent across many different spaces and accolades, but it always seems like he wanted the streets.
Speaker 3: Can he ever talk to the streets again?
Speaker 4: You tell me what you think?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, it won't be the same, but yeah, it's the thing. Is this this this I'm going to say this, and I'm not proud of this street. Urban culture and hip hop have no barrier of entry. Anybody can participate. You can go get put on right now. It'll be it's some hood somewhere that will put mat on right now. Matt Groen got kids, You got kids, man, they'll put you on right now. You're mat from the hood, he feel saying, like, So it's like to me, there's no barrier of entry in that in that way. But all he gotta do is just leave this alone, go make the jams. The girls is gonna be concert's gonna be sold out. It might go from seven instead of five days at Crypto, it might be two, but it's still sold out.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Before we get out of this, so you do. So there's no chance you think that Drake trying to go against this system that he has benefited from, that he's opening up a door that could really hurt him. And I think it already has it already has hurt him.
Speaker 5: I've heard then the chatter of I'm still you know, people still called me with.
Speaker 2: You're you're one of the most tapping people. That's what I wanted to talk to you about.
Speaker 5: That shit Like people people call my phone and you know, we chop it up about things, and it's it's not good, you know, for him, politically, socially, and reputationally. But I don't think anybody's I don't think anybody's beyond the point of coming back.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of people say, oh it's over, it's over. It ain't never over.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: There's a man who did some nefarious things and then dropped the hit record and everybody's like, fuck it, let's step you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was like, you know, so I don't think it's ever just over. But just look that different, completely different. And also when you're talking about opening that box, there are people who don't necessarily can't come back from opening that box.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's we're living in it right now, and we're literally living it. That's my That was my question. I'm thinking, you got a bunch of rich ass, very well connected white men mad at you about something you could possibly win, something you could possibly change, whether it's for himself or everybody. But you're gonna have some monsters coming after you.
Speaker 5: And you think about this, right, you say rich rich white people. They're not rich. These people are egregiously wealthy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, rich is a dumb word, right right, Verry understands excuse me, egregiously well rich now wealthy, they're egregiously wealthy, And I think, like, do you want that kind of smoke?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: See? You also got to think about it, right.
Speaker 5: As an athlete, if I get a max contract, say say, somebody pay me one hundred million dollars right for five years?
Speaker 4: Well, what is he making? Yeah? Right, you know what I'm saying, because he's not gonna get me half.
Speaker 2: Now you hear allegedly he's up for a six hundred million dollar deal. So if they're giving you that much, how much do they like? It's like dumb saying do you want them?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't listen shout out to Matt and staggering the whole family. I don't want no smoke, none none.
Speaker 2: I'm good all of our delivery guy Like, I don't want no issueses.
Speaker 4: I'm good. But I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think that this is a pathway to victory. From an optic standpoint, he might win, you know, certain facets of his motions, just because there are things that occur around the music industry that he might shine some light on or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: But it's like, bro, you're literally a son of this product.
Speaker 5: You're literally you know what I'm saying, You're literally a product of this thing.
Speaker 3: So like, what are we talking about.
Speaker 5: I would have respected it more if he would have implicated himself, if he would have if he would have fell on his sword, then it would have been like, oh, you know what, damn that might be for the benefit of everybody else.
Speaker 4: If you're not really, if you're not.
Speaker 5: Willing to, I'm not mad at that. If you're not willing to marty yourself. Martin them is a call of duty term, just so you know. You know, if you're not willing to to martyr yourself in that way, then how is it then how and you're willing to implicate everyone else except yourself, like to me that that smells of disingenuous. M hmm.
Speaker 3: We'll leave it at that. What's next for doc.
Speaker 4: K shit go to pg lane dot com or some shit like that. Uh uh.
Speaker 5: I talked to him. He just said this with you on right now. You know we've been talking this whole time, and.
Speaker 2: Talk to Top two just the other day. He's on some other people leave him below.
Speaker 5: The thing with that is bro and I can share this, I guess because I don't like I don't share my conversations with him or mostly anybody like you heard me say.
Speaker 2: Me and Matt was on the phone and he told me some ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's just not what I do. But I lead that to the other podcasters and streamers and ship. But like our conversations being not necessarily about this, it'd be about like real ship, like this is what he thinking, this is what I'm on. Like and he called me like a few days ago he was like this what I'm on, like around mount the truths up?
Speaker 4: Have everybody ready like not on no street ship on.
Speaker 5: Some music like business. Yeah, And he sent me he was like, send me some ship, like who ready to go? Like, you know, so we get more? We can, we can. We're not gonna make us wait that long. No more, nothing that you have to I don't know if he's gonna I don't I don't know. I think I think me personally, I think we're gonna let this breathe for a minute. This gn X album is fired. Bro, he gotta slapped something.
Speaker 2: I told him.
Speaker 5: This is what I will tell you. I told him, says, look, bro, I've been waiting on this. I've been waiting for you to do this for ten years.
Speaker 4: Give me. I'm a DJ.
Speaker 3: Brove me.
Speaker 5: I started DJing during the Hyphie era, right, I need some slaps, nigga, you know, like all this ard I get it and I respect it.
Speaker 4: I get it. I'm still an active DJ.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I was DJing two days ago, Like I like, I'm outside. Yeah, that's what Race said. You could you can finally work out to this album, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, get you go?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all you artists out there, step your tempos up, get them VPMS ninety five.
Speaker 2: So as you as someone in the space, you know, Kendrick Drake Cole, however you want to throw them, same way you want to throw MJ. Kobe Brun however you want to throw it. It is what it is. Who's this next era? As these guys start to kind of transition into a little you know, into their forties and in the next phase of their life. So are there some people that stand up to you that are current they can carry the torch?
Speaker 5: Wo man, those are some big draws to feel. The only the only reason I mean, I don't know, and the reason I'm going to say I don't know as opposed to just throwing names out there, is because.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: People and this is actually that's crazy brought this up. I wouldn't even to talk about this. But a lot of people say they want shit and they don't. And if you tell a fifteen year old Matt Barnes like, hey, bro, like, if you do this and then do this, and then do this, you're gonna go to the league. You're gonna get a chip. Then you're gonna start your own business and you gonna have your own company. Then you're gonna advocate for cannabis in the league, and then they're gonna stop testing theiggers and then you gonna be like, bet what I gotta do? I do the same thing, Dot does the same thing. Top of do the same thing, salas to do the same thing. We've done this for years and people don't do it. It's like, hey, bro, I hear you. You want to make your art, but the homie can't work out to this record. You're in You're literally in fitness, and the homie kept telling you he can't work out to this record. I've been at the radio station sitting like this with a human being, and the human being says, and the human being is telling me how to get on the radio.
Speaker 4: I have a key card. He doesn't.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. And it's just like it be that type of shit. And so I don't know because I don't know who's willing to do it. It's whatever it's gonna take. I'm a buy any means necessary type of person. I'm more Malcolm than I am Martin, but I'm still Martin in temperament, but I'm more Malcolm, Like I'm gonna go. A lot of artists are just out here, they punching in. They not taking their music serious. They're going in the studio with they Homie. They got the street Homie managing them. Now, if you laugh, you don't have access to resources. Cool, But you also have to know which questions to ask, Hey, bro, hey Matt, how do I get taken serious to get into the lead?
Speaker 4: Hey? DJ ahead?
Speaker 5: How do I get taken serious to get on the radio? Those are the proper questions to ask, not why you're not playing the Homie record, why you ain't take it? Why you ain't taking the Homie with you to the game?
Speaker 4: Matt? I'm sure, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just like the entitlement is through the roof and the work work ethic is under the house.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't I don't respect that shit.
Speaker 5: So my thing is, if you want to, I don't know who's gonna be able to take those slots, because I don't know many people willing to work as diligently as those in even futures in there to future drop more music than the baby, which is hard to do. You know what I'm saying, It's like, goddamn, it's another future album, like another record eighteen goddamn songs. Actually that's not true. E forty dropped thirty goddamn songs. Nobody finna listen to thirty goddamn songs.
Speaker 4: Huh, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, like, if you you're not even out working the people who've been in the game for thirty years, how you gonna how you're gonna be one of them?
Speaker 4: If you not? If you're not doing that? Found but I will shout out to him.
Speaker 5: From an MC standpoint, there's certain there's a couple of people who I really respect. He's not from he not from LA but Nick Grant. Nick Grant is an elite MC. He from South Carolina. Nick Grant is an elite EMC. And it's a lot of people that ain't fucking with Nick Grant lyrically. But yeah, and then there's also somebody I'm working with that his name is Miles Minnick. He's a Christian rapper. But you couldn't tell because it's slap. It's all Christian slaps. It ain't nothing like you've ever heard in your life. Go get a bar at Miles Minic, look up christ like that's that's That's the way I'm on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I definitely have to check that out, Man, you just got done, shout out Nick Cannon.
Speaker 3: Man, he's shout out to Nick. He sold out into it.
Speaker 4: Right into it. Doom man. Let me back up, Nick Cannon.
Speaker 5: It is one of those people who get a lot of ship for a lot of things. Right, Oh, Nick, don't know what the condom is or Nick?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, he's a great motherfucking human bro bro.
Speaker 4: Nick is amazing person.
Speaker 5: And I respect Nick so much, so much, I respect have I meant respect for Nick and him and Chuck. Chuck reached out to me. He's like, Yo, can you want to you want to do wild'n out shout out to Chuck. I'm like, hell yeah, Like he's like you and me in town. I'll figure it out, you know what I'm saying. So, but yeah, Nick made the call and he was like, yeah, let's have him pull up and do it. I was like, damn, that's really dope. You know Nick, I've known Nick for years and uh, I don't know some for some reason, he just fucked with me. I don't know, kind of like how you like, I don't know what like.
Speaker 3: This for a minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like nine years ago. He was like yeah, I'm just fucking with him. Like I'm like, all right, bet cool. But I remember shot to watch Homi Kwan. I was on the phone with Nick about doing some records. Like we was talking about some records and Kwan had never had been going around the city like trying to get on violence. He's just been auditioning and just running in swap meets and Shiit just ghetto shit, right, And I just told Nick.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, bro, have you know who watched on me? Kwan Is?
Speaker 5: He was like nah, He was like I think I heard his name before, but I don't know him. I said, well, he really been trying to get your.
Speaker 4: Attention, bro.
Speaker 5: He been going viral. He doing skits like what you you know? Talk to him for me.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, I talked you put him on the phone. So I just clicked him in.
Speaker 5: It was like, yo, I got you on Nick, and he was just like what like and Nick was just one of them. He was took the I was like, look, I can't guarantee you a slot on my show, but I'll get you an audition. And he killed and he ended up on Wilding Out and I was just like damn, Like that's a testament to the type of person naked is like he didn't know Kwime from a can of paint, but just on the meriatu right, And I was just like, damn Sallas always say, we don in the talent bus in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So it's about and that's what's I mean. We were talking about this offer to see your development. I mean we met what eight, nine ten years ago, nine years ago, and just to be able to see and you know, obviously not the same, but I got to see the same. I got to see Nip the same way when he first started, you know what I mean, And to see his development and be on you know, at these little dive bars, on him rapping and in the back smoking with a bunch of sixties. I was just in that chilling, you know what I mean, Damn bro you on the Lakers back with it. But but you know me, I'm cool. I'm cool with everybody. I mean, I just get down with who I get down with. So it was just you know, to be able to you know, see your development and your growth. Man, I want to take my hat off to you because it's been beautiful and you've always been a solid dude, and now you have a lot of solid things going on, so I really wanted to obviously give you your flyers, but talk your ship man.
Speaker 3: What you got going on right now?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is that Ray?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah? Hell yeah, head. I apologize for Ray, but he's got too So he's got so he's got what forty cush ups? So anybody who interrupts the show outside of me and you twenty cush ups? So you as to every push up? Why are you smoking a joint?
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: He's got forty of them? Thank you, Ray? Wow, that was a chirp funck?
Speaker 4: Was that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But hey before Ray interrupted us, thank you, Ray, talk to us about some of the stuff you got. I want to start with effective immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Effective immediately too, man.
Speaker 5: Effective Immediately is my radio show, nationally syndicated radio Showulations Bro and thank you Gena Views. She's the next, She's the next one, the next great media champ from my Los Angeles, California, and so myself for Gena Views. We're on serious sex Simo hip Hop Nation. And when I left iHeart like two years that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do with my life. Is I just walked even when I took an I took a meeting to try to do I took a meeting with one of the gems at a competitor station from iHeart, and they were like, they thought I was running a play, like we want you to come, you know, we thinking about doing mornings over here. Would you be willing to do it? I'm like, I have any conversation you want to have. And they thought it was a game. They thought it was like I was being an iHeart plant or some shit like that, and I'm just like, nah, bro, Like they was like, well, we just never even heard of anybody just left iHeart. A There's a Mexican dude, right, And so I look at them and say, well, now you know a nigga.
Speaker 4: That left iHeart.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. But yeah, so when I did it, I realized I talked to my spiritual advisor and I was thinking about the shit this morning effective media.
Speaker 4: That's why I got the shirt on.
Speaker 5: But it's like, my that's my thing, it's my thing, my team. I chose my cameraman, I chose my producer, I chose my co host, I chose my team. And it's not put together, it's me and it's something that I wanted to do. I'm funding it myself, you know what I'm saying. I'm in the whole every month funding this show type deal. And so to me, it's like that's my baby and that's my thing, and so I'm really proud of of it. And I always say I was thinking about that, like, Damn, in order to live the life you want, you have to walk away from the life you knew. I was like, damn, so yeah, so effective. Immediately it's on Hip Hop Nation. Shout out to Sway. My dude's Sway Man really just solid, you know what I'm saying. Team over over a decade, and Sway it was one of them people who advocated for me. He went to talk to the Caucasians and made phone with some phone calls.
Speaker 3: Have just seen him. I just went to a Snoops little listening party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and was you there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was hot?
Speaker 2: Are you the trusting next to you? I didn't remember if I seen you that night because I had a long day and I had to run into my kids game and you had to leave early because my kids the game. Yeah, I just seen specially was the talk about that though, that project of of Dre and Snoop up at it, So it just came to came to mind.
Speaker 5: But Bro, that was my first time hearing the new album all the way through because Snoop had played some other records and I heard some other records, but I hadn't heard it in sequence all the way through, and I was like, damn, people are not expecting this, Like, it's not what people think. Everybody's thinking it's doggy style. It's completely not Doggy style. And at first when I first heard the record, Snoop was like, hey, nobody say nothing.
Speaker 4: You know, they took our phones and ship it was.
Speaker 5: For real because was early and we couldn't talk about it.
Speaker 4: So I go back to the radio station. They're like, what's up. I can't talk about.
Speaker 5: It, like Nigga, Like what you mean, Like it's snoopid doctor Dre Like, but yeah, now we can talk about it. It's not Doggy style at all, Snoop said, and I could quote him on it. Snoop said he now is in a place where his life where he wants to make stadium music, and it don't have to always sound like doggie stuff. And so I was like, you know what, I respect it. You know what I'm saying. But that was a moment for me, just being in a room with Sway listen to the album and him telling me like, well it was Snoop, it was cute. And then Snoop was like, I got it, and then he said Kendrick got it. And then and then Sway was like, well, you know it's me and King Tech and the Bay is Big Boy and now it's DJ Head and Gews And I was like, damn, and We're just sitting there like okay.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I.
Speaker 5: Said, it's big draws the feel, but yeah, effective immediately on Hip Hop Nation, Serious Exempy with will I Am Man, shout to will I am Bro, shout to the whole team, Julie Pilot, the Homie Sean over there.
Speaker 4: F y.
Speaker 5: If you're not familiar with f Y, it's Focus your Ideas. An app in the App Store is free. My main selling points for the app is it's team comms. It's I don't think we'll sanction me saying this, but I will say this anyway. It's I Message, WhatsApp, Google drive, SoundCloud, YouTube, PowerPoint presentation, website, and chat GPT in one app, and a radio station, multiple multiple radio stations all in one app. And it's free, and the AI will you don't have to pay that whatever the GPT is charging you every month. There's no fee. You can use the AI to do whatever. Actually, let me, let me do something real quick. I'm gonna show you some shit.
Speaker 4: Hey, yo, Philip, So I'm here.
Speaker 5: I'm on Matt Barnes' new show, and of course it's on all the Smoke Network, but I'm here with Matt Barnes has been a good friend of mine, and we're talking everything about everything I got going on. Matt is thinking about starting a new show starring DJ Head. Can you give him a couple of pointers?
Speaker 7: Hey, there, it's super cool that you're on Matt Barnes' show, so exciting. Here's a couple of pointers for Matt Barnes thinking about starting a new show starring DJ Head. One, Authenticity is key. Make sure djhad is given the space to be himself. Authenticity resonates with audiences and when the host genuinely loves what they do, it shows.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 7: Define your unique angle. There are tons of shows out there. Find it all right?
Speaker 5: So look, another question is another thing is like, I'm sitting here with Matt right we're literally on set and people are tripping off there.
Speaker 4: I'm talking to you right now.
Speaker 5: And Matt had Kamala Harris on his show, and you know she didn't win the election, But how likely do you think it is for her to win if she ran again?
Speaker 3: He had to think about that.
Speaker 7: Shit, I see you're causing a bit of a stir by chatting live on set. That rocks talking about Kamala Harris and the potential for her to run again. Well, predicting elections can be a bit like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 4: Cut the bullshit? Is she gonna run again? What do you think? All right?
Speaker 7: Cutting straight to it, It's really hard to say for sure. I Kamala Harris will run again. A lot depends on how political landscapes evolve and personal decisions she might make closer to election time. While she has the experience and name recognition, whether she'll run again is something only time will reveal. It could depend on various factors, including party dynamics, her role in the.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks, I hit you back. No, worries.
Speaker 7: Hit me up anytime, have a blast on set and say hi to Matt for me.
Speaker 4: Catch you later.
Speaker 2: That's insane, bro, brow So that's pretty much. I mean, you show, that's that's insane, Bro. I'm definitely going download that shit.
Speaker 4: So we have a radio.
Speaker 5: Stations are built into it so you can literally listen to the radio. I'm the music curation lead lead of the I lead the team of music curations. So all the music you hear in the app like, it's curated by me and my team. And yeah, so shot to Will I am bro and it's fire bro.
Speaker 2: Congrat before you get out of here man, The Big Picture Podcast.
Speaker 4: The Bigger Picture.
Speaker 5: Shot to Jeremy Hex, one of my favorite white people in Elliott Wilson. You know, they started during the whole back and forth thing and I started. I came on as a guest and they were like, nah, like this is the show. And so you know, shot to Jared and everybody over there at up rocks Hip Hop d X, like we've been creating magic and we just did. We just did one hundred K in our last episode, which was super crazy to me, super dope.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I just I love the space that I'm in man, being able to being able to create navigate conversations.
Speaker 4: I'm still outside.
Speaker 5: I'm not sitting in the room somewhere just on stream talking shit like I'm really like outside and it feels good that we have in this moment in culture and being able to have dialogue about it is super important because I don't think you get anywhere by with nobody talking to each other.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, Bro, were only supposed to talk about fifteen twenty minutes. We talked like forty five. We can probably talk another hour, man, but I know you got to get places. But Man, thank you, congratulations and Man, we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 4: Bro, Man, thank you, Bro.
Speaker 3: Appreciate Youallep.
Speaker 2: Now we're real to catch up with my brother five with five with my guy Steve and Jesse Jackson.
Speaker 4: What's up, jack goold that my brother's adding which.
Speaker 3: I can't call him.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: High is the cost of living. But life is good, yes, sir, Well let's get.
Speaker 4: To it man.
Speaker 2: NBA viewership is down twenty eight percent, Shack says because of the style of play too many threes. Some people think it's because loads management. Illegal streaming is going through the roof right now, What are your thoughts on why it's down twelve? That's a big drop. It's not a couple percent ports, that's a huge drop. Why do you think that is well?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 6: I think the integrity of the game is gone, you know, I think I think that's what's lost. You know, people fighting for his fighting for to get on the court, people dying to play eighty two games, people will you know, just just that attitude, that old attitude of the game that some guys still have. It's not everybody, it's not everybody. A lot of guys in the league still have it. But as a whole, as the league, as a as an identity for the league as whole, it don't have that tough every night I'm gonna watch these guys.
Speaker 4: They gonna compete and try to kill each other to win.
Speaker 6: You don't have that feel when you watch NBA basketball, and it really doesn't get that way until the Western Conference, Eastern Conference Finals, and then the finals. That's what most people watch. So, you know, it's a lot of guys that love the game like we did and play still want to play that way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And even though he's not.
Speaker 6: An entertaining guy to watch, or he's not dunking and shooting threes and doing all that exciting stuff. But you gotta you love great guys like Raymond who played the game that way, right, They played the game that that physical way, that would do anything with the will to win.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: You don't have too many guys, so the integrity game has been shot. Just shooting threes and you know, just not having big men in the bang and like that, just all that in the hole is really the reason why I think that the viewership is down, and I think the only way they can get their back is go back to the old style of play and stop and stop catering to offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think the style of players changed. But even when Jack and we played, it's a long ass season, bro, you know what I mean. Eighty two games is a long time. So, you know, we used to get up for Christmas, you know, start of the season. Whatever you're excited about start season, and it kind of dies down a little bit. Then obviously if you're able to play the Christmas Day games, but then like Christmas till shit, all stars kind of uh whatever. Some people make big jumps during that time because they take that down time serious. But after all Star Breakers players is when you know, guys really started to lock in. So I mean, obviously it's a long, ast season. There's a lot of other stuff, but what's crazy about the NBA is though it's twenty eight percent down in the ratings, but it's as big as it's ever been on social media, you know. I mean, so on the flip side, people are consuming different and still being engaged with these athletes and stuff like that, but just just the overall people aren't tuning into these games until, like you said, you know later in the season, you know, going into and being in the playoffs. Last week, Bill Simmons said, Caitlin Clark is the biggest star under thirty, not only in the w NBA but the NBA. And you know, obviously I think that that stirred some feathers, but it just got me thinking and and first and foremost, I'm not necessarily mad at that statement. I don't know if I agree one hundred percent with it, but I'm definitely not mad with that statement. When you hear that, Jack, what do you what do you think.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say?
Speaker 6: I mean, she's she's definitely the biggest female NBA store, I mean basketball star, but nah, because you got I think the the sixth biggest NBA star in NBA is bigger than Kitten Clark, right, because just just how big of the just how big the NBA game is, you know what I mean. It's not it's not a to her, It's just that the NBA players, Like I can name five NBA players right now that are probably bigger than Clay Caitlyn Clock worldwide.
Speaker 2: And you mean bigger, like you mean bigger, like just more known or what the gravity the gravity they bring to the game or.
Speaker 6: No more known, just more known period, right, Because you know, if you're saying she's bigger than any athlete basketball, male and female, it's kind of hard to say because you know, like I said, some of these guys, even guys that that play, maybe the sixth seventh guy, have a big social media influence. Some of these guys in the league that people know more than some some of the top scores in the w NBA.
Speaker 4: It's called, you know, off social media, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So I'm saying things like that, But when you got guys like you know, Katie Lebron, you know all these top guys, like, don't I don't think the top maybe ten or maybe eight guys in the NBA that she she could ever be bigger than.
Speaker 2: No, but we're talking about just currently under thirty. So it also got us kind of thinking, you know a list of you know, the top athletes under thirty right now, and those guys, Yeah, no, they're definitely on the list. So I'm gonna name some of the top athletes in North American sports under thirty. Obviously LaMelo ball Jah and Jason Tatum. Uh Otani is under thirty, uh Simone Biles.
Speaker 3: Who else? Mahoe? Is he twenty nine or thirty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pat Mahomes is right there on that border.
Speaker 6: So but you named two basketball players that she's not bigger than already Anthony ed was in Jason's She's not bigger than those two guys. Is she bigger than John? I don't think she's bigger than y'all either. Jackson, Well, Joe was gone for a minute.
Speaker 3: He took a huge step. I mean, here here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gonna get it back.
Speaker 6: He probablydn't got it back already for some of the moves he'd have made already yeah, but Kaitlyn Kaylenkaitlyn was ahead of him for a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, obviously we love what she's been able to do for the game. But you know, I just thought there was something interesting that Bill Simmons went out on the wire with and uh, you know, knew it'd spark.
Speaker 4: A little bit of debate. Jack.
Speaker 2: The Wizards went oh for Winfrey in the month of November. Oh and fourteen? Are they just that bad? Or you think they're trying to capture the flag Cooper Flag, which was everyone's predicting. You are hearing some Ace Baley though, But Cooper Flag will be the first pick and our team's really tanking for him or just the Wizards.
Speaker 4: That bad one.
Speaker 6: I had forty twice in my career and they both was on the Wizards. Uh, tru, there's no way you can purposely lose.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 3: That's a crazy statu you just gave us, right there.
Speaker 4: Was on the Wizards, one with the Hogs and one with the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Ship. Go ahead, what's the second.
Speaker 4: Thing you said? Fuck?
Speaker 6: I forgot to Uh, yeah, just said there's no there's no way that they can lose intentionally fourteen games in the row.
Speaker 3: They just ship bro the dog.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm just saying, you can't purposely lose fourteen like one of the games. You could be like, man, fuck this ship, and you know what I'm saying. But fourteen in the row, they're just a bad team. Bro, it's a bad team.
Speaker 2: And I got my I fuck with Ko's I fuck with that's my dog. I like COO's mother, and I like Jordan Poole too. But they're stepped over the ship. Yeah, own fourteen. Yeah, switching the gears to Cooper flag. Do you think have you seen have you seen him in college? I know you probably saw, you know, what he was doing in high school. Do you think he is the number one pick and he's someone that can really make a difference in this You know, obviously you're starting to hear Dylan Harper, his teammate Ace Bailey Cooper Flya has been kind of carrying that number one pick on his shoulders for the last year. Is he someone that can come in and really change your franchise around?
Speaker 6: I think so he's definitely, you know, you know, he's definitely number one pick, but top three pick. You know how they do it depending on what teams need. But I definitely think he's that guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I watched him play.
Speaker 6: I think it was the first game I seen him play was against either Kentucky, memph is one of those teams. No, Louisville. I think it was Louisville and one of those teams. And he played good. He did everything bro, He scored, he rebound, he played defense, he got in the pass.
Speaker 4: And lines like he do it all man.
Speaker 6: And uh, you know, I know as as it season goes on, he's gonna continue to get more confident and stronger. And I definitely see him probably as you know, if not the number one pick, top B pick.
Speaker 3: H m hm hm, we shall see. It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh. Anthony Edwards recently calling out his team, called him soft and front runners. I'm gonna read you his quote. We soft as hell as a team internally, Edwards said, we can't talk to each other. We're just a bunch of little kids, just like we're playing with a bunch of little kids. Everybody, the whole team, we can't. We can't talk to each other, and we got to figure it out because we can't go down this road. Why things have changed drastically in in Minnesota, obviously, with with the you know, the season they had last year. Uh, the trade that happened, we saw I think it was like a week ago or maybe a little bit longer. Uh, when Julius Rena had the ball on the wing, and and and and Gobert was posting up in the lane and he just sat there and he wouldn't give them the ball. And Gobert got the three seconds in the in the key and then An yelled at Gobert.
Speaker 3: Did Gobert like does Gobert did?
Speaker 2: Did Gobert think he was a go to like drop him down like Shaq and you gotta I'm gonna go to work?
Speaker 3: Is that what he was thinking? Jack?
Speaker 6: I thought he was thought he was playing two K with himself or someone else, and now with himself, that's the only time they'll call a play for him.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on h on Minnesota and this turmoil? I mean this They made it to the Western Finals last year, right or second round?
Speaker 4: Second round?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Western Conference Finals?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They lost to Dallas, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean this team, you know, went to the to the Western Finals. Obviously a huge trade that sent Kat to the Knicks and brought Julius Randavit and Devincenzo over. Devincenzo struggled a little bit. Randall still had like twenty one, seven and four, But it's just a completely different style of play than what Kat brought to the team. They were a top defensive team. They've they've slid a little bit in that department. So you know, what do you think about the young superstar call on out his team.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, just like you said, the league has changed, because that was a polite way to say it.
Speaker 4: He said that the nice way.
Speaker 6: I remember before we went on that with eighteen out of twenty one or something like that, sixteen at eighteen some we did at the end of the season to make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I remember before we played Detroit.
Speaker 6: I remember when Beattie came in the locker room after we lost that game, before we got Detroit.
Speaker 4: He and Beatie called us all kinds.
Speaker 6: Of bitches, were playing like bitches, we can do better, all kind of shit, you know what I mean? So and we and we and we all took heat. Yeah, and we went on that run. But you know so, so I think he said it to him in a nice way.
Speaker 4: But I love that.
Speaker 6: And because you don't, you don't hear you don't hear that happened often, you know what I'm saying. Sometimes, and of course of the season, that has to happen a couple of times to get back on track, you know, sometimes you got to snap back, especially when you're a good team. And he used to have success. They coming off success. But this is a whole new team now. The chemistr ain't that like it was with Cat and oh boys. So I just I just I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: And like I said, everybody say, Anthony is an old soul.
Speaker 6: He has the old field like we used to play, and he shows a lot of signs of it. But you know, as much as he say that, guy's got to take heed to it. And if guys can't buy it buying to be on the same page, it just ain't gonna work.
Speaker 4: I feelure.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, somebody in the Wizards locker room needs to have that conversation too.
Speaker 4: Work.
Speaker 6: Nah, nah, somebody, somebody, somebody need to have the whole team tell them having a team meeting, and somebody just tell everybody I'll be in there in ten seas and send somebody that just tell them to pull a pin.
Speaker 4: Out and roll the grenade and then blow Jack.
Speaker 6: Blow the whole organization up, nigga, just blow the whole organization and stopping scratch.
Speaker 2: So much for closing out with the motivational speech. Uh hey, before we get out of here. College football rival, we reaked. There were some brawls, man, people got down. I mean in the in the Ohio State Michigan game, got boys got pepper sprayed. Florida State Florida uh n c uh state you uh versus Carolina Jack. They were active this weekend in college football and it even carried over into the NFL a little bit. What was going on this week and what was up with the energy people have thanks given the summer, Man.
Speaker 6: You know, people just willing to They trying to after they win, They willing to disrespect, the disrespect disrespecting people all time high. People just trying to disrespect people as much as.
Speaker 2: They can moments, you know, stabbing the logo and dancing on the logo. And it's been done before, but I think it's been recently, Like you said, it's been more people trying to go viral. I mean I even see like pop warning kids when they beat a team bad, like kids walking through the line with a little belt with happen the team they lost? Like, man, fuck out of here with that? I mean, Jack, if if if if someone celebrated on on the We Believe logo onto the Words logo and some ship like that, what would have happened?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I mean back when the NBA quart is smaller, So like you know, they say they might, you know, you don't know if they in the middle of praying, you don't know what they're doing, you know what I'm saying. But like the quart is small enough with if you if you disrespecting the team and organization, somebody around going hear you. You know what I'm saying. But just make sure the right person hear you.
Speaker 4: That's all. Just be small. Just make sure that the person here doing.
Speaker 6: With us, because it's a good chance that four or five people can hear you. So make sure the right person hear you, bro, because it's not going again how you played it.
Speaker 2: The disrespect is that all time high in life? Yeah, man, Jack, I wanted to give a shout out to Coach Prime and and the Buffalos and all the young men on that team. I don't recall somebody coming into a situation that was one of eleven last year, four and eight and then nine to three, you know, really one game away from making the college football playoffs. And you know, you really got to tip your hat to DM because there was a lot of mainstream media that was very disrespectful, almost borderline on some racist bullshit, just constantly, constantly killing him. And I think the way he's been able to turn this team around, led by his son and Travis Hunter, I think it's been a beautiful thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know you're talking about Paul golf Ball, feeling bomb, whatever, name.
Speaker 2: Of the I mean, it wasn't just him. Here's a ton of people. Yeah, you mean, Jason Shitlock was talking shit. You know, there's just a lot of different people that just a lot of disrespect around the way Dion was moving. But at the end of the day, it's brought results and those kids love him. So you know what your thoughts about the way he's been able to turn this you know, this around in only two years, well.
Speaker 6: Especially Matt, like for me, especially for him to after they lost last week, to come out this week and put a spanking on the team, putting up fifty points.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that.
Speaker 6: Said that that really sums up what coach Prime has taught these boys and what he's instilled into these guys, because they all know last week when they lost, that was the letdown.
Speaker 4: That really was they chance to get into the you know, the tournament. That was really their chance. They knew it.
Speaker 6: But they could have easily showed up this week and say, you know what, our season over anyway, Travis and uh and should do it going to the league?
Speaker 4: Everything good? You know what I'm saying, They just show up.
Speaker 6: Nah, they showed up and played and finished their season on the right note the way the Prime wanted them to finish the season. And me personally, I still feel like, hey, man, it's a whole bunch of them teams. That's that's probably end the tournament that nobody want to see. Man though Prime and them the ratings up, everybody gonna watch. It's gonna be dope. You know what I'm saying that that that just me personally. But but but just for what he's done to get that team in nine and three and and and to finish the way they finished, Matt, big big salute coach Prime.
Speaker 4: We knew what he was gonna do. That's a guy, a good friend of ours.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: So I'm just happy that everything he said he was gonna go there and do, he's exceeded that times ten.
Speaker 3: I want to add one more thing to what you were saying. He also came out yesterday or Saturday and said that they will be playing in the in the bowl game, like his stars will be playing. And I think that's obviously something that's kind of dragged some of the raidings of the toilet because these top teams get there and their best, you know, potential star NFL stars don't play. So again, to what he's building over there is culture and and and on ability. Uh, he's going to make sure their stars play in the bowl game. And then again they also flipped forward a major recruits and we're able to get them over to Colorado.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: So, d Man, congratulations on the season. Obviously didn't end the way you guys wanted it to, but you definitely have earned the respect you already had our love. But I think that the country is finally realizing, you know, what you've brought over there, and man, we definitely appreciate it. So good luck in you all bowl game, and we'll definitely be tuned in. Before you said throw a pin in them and blow the whole organization up. We wanted to get out of here with some You know you you've been very inspirational and inspiring on I g of lately, so I wanted you. Why did you leave me and our guests with the Sunday message.
Speaker 6: Oh, Sunday message on a Monday, on a Monday, Sunday message on the Monday.
Speaker 4: Okay? Would be?
Speaker 5: Don't be too hard on you said, especially as men, especially as men, you know, we take on a lot, and it's a lot of stuff we don't talk about. A lot we don't want to talk about because we feel like we can handle it all and it becomes too much a lot of times and we feel like we could just smoke a joint or just go to sleep and it'll go away.
Speaker 6: But in all actuality that just sits on is as men. So you know, don't be too hard on your stuff. You out there doing great, You're doing as best as you can. Just know that the rain don't last forever.
Speaker 2: All right, Stack, appreciate your time, bro, We'll talk soon, all right now. Two and two last week not what I'm necessarily proud of, but I've been living and dying with the Niners, and I'm seeing that I may have to just let them go. Not as a team. I'm always going to be a fan, but I just don't know if I can continue to better them. And when you Check fumbled on the goal line yesterday, it was a microcosm of our season and I just had to really, it's just not our fucking year, is we are? We just haven't had the right timing and the pieces.
Speaker 3: And you know.
Speaker 2: Jelani has been over here losing hair over it. Luckily he's tall so you can't see the ball spot on the top of his head. But it's been stressing some people out man. So I still love you, Ninus, I just can't continue to bet with you, guys. So the Thursday night game for this week remember, brought to you by DraftKings Packers at Lions Lions minus three and a half. Packer's been playing good, Lion's been playing good. I'm gonna go with the Lions minus three and a half at home Sunday Bills, Fuck you Bills for what you just did to my forty nine ers. Bills minus four coming to La versus the Rams. I'm gonna take the Bills minus four because if we do have any hope, we need the NFC to stay around five hundred until we get healthy. So I'm going to the Bills minus four on that. You know, obviously, I made these picks yesterday or last night before I broke up this morning and realized I had to stop betting on the Niners. But we got the Bears at the Niners.
Speaker 3: I can't let go of you guys yet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to take the Niners minus four and a half at home, Christian McCaffrey, get healthy, man, get healthy. And last but not least, the Chargers at the Chiefs Charge been playing good football. Chargers have been playing some good football, but I just feel like Patty at the House is tough to beat. I'm gonna take the Chiefs minus four. So we'll see how we do this week. If we lose, I'm trying. That's the rap Man. Thank you for you guys tuning in. You can catch us on all the Smoke productions and the DraftKings Network.
Speaker 4: So y'all