Speaker 1: Transmitting good, Ay, what do you have over there?
Speaker 2: Well, so, my daughter and I've been talking about college a lot because she's a junior in high school, and so it's just led to a lot of conversations. She was talking to me about my major and if I would redo anything, and I'm like, I didn't even know what I wanted to do when I was in college, and just got me thinking about what I would redo if I could redo anything, and I would totally have a different major.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I was first.
Speaker 2: I was political science till my junior year. And then I why that, I don't know. I just thought I liked it. I wanted to go to DC. I thought I wanted to work in the space, not into politics myself as a politician. I just saw myself working in some capacity, like my mom worked at the Capitol for a little bit, and I would go up there, and I guess I always thought that that was kind of cool. I liked the energy until I got to the upper level classes and I was like, this is horrible. I actually do not like this at all. And I went to my guidance counselor and I said, what can I do? Because I've taken all these classes and I don't want them to go to waste and I still want to graduate on time ish And she said, well, you can go get an agricultural development degree because you have to have an emphasis in something. An emphasis is just short of a minor. And so all my polypsy classes went to that. So I have a degree in agricultural development with an emphasis in polypsci. Interesting, and I would totally redo that, like I would have done like a psychology major or something that was like interesting to me because I don't know that I was going to college for anything specific, because I didn't know what I wanted to do, and here this is my career and I still want to do this. So if I could redo college, I would have learned more about us and our bodies and why we are, our minds, why we are the way we are.
Speaker 1: If I were going to redo, I think I wouldn't go to college, okay or that or that? Oh man, I am happy I did. No one in my family ever went to college, nobody ever graduated high school. So that's the reason I finished school, the reason I did it all because no one ever had and that was a goal for me. But not everybody needs college I don't feel like to do what I've done. I need college. I started doing this when I started college, so I wouldn't redo it. But if I were to redo it, I don't think I would because let's take away the factors of like I want to be the only one to graduate school.
Speaker 4: I want to go to.
Speaker 3: College school her school. But also, you didn't have a mind.
Speaker 2: And I know that not everybody has this experience, but I think most of us in this room did have like a college experience, like of.
Speaker 3: Like you didn't have that. You worked and studied twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: That's why I would I never sucked, dude.
Speaker 5: The best years of our lives were in college.
Speaker 1: That kind of sucked for me. It was Yeah, that's interesting getting back. I drove an hour and a half to work every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying you would probably skip college. But like for some people, it's like, oh, college is fun.
Speaker 5: I would never skip college. I would do college again just the way I did it. Oh dude, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably would have studied more.
Speaker 1: What would you but change? Because my change is going to be I wouldn't have gone Yeah, Okay, Eddie, what is your change? Man?
Speaker 5: I have to think hard about this because I mean, my major was good. It was radio television film, so I'm still kind of in it, you know, like I did want to be a reporter, Like that's what I really wanted, a news reporter. Then when I graduated, it's just that didn't happen, and so like whatever. But I think I would have liked to take business classes. I did waste so lot of time taking classes that I'm never like I took weather and climate three times because you loved it so much. Because I failed.
Speaker 6: I failed two times, and it's like so stupid.
Speaker 5: Why did I just quit the first time and just do business classes.
Speaker 3: I would finance.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to go back and do that lunchbox.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't have double major. You didn't graduate, I know, but I did double major. I did speech, communication and public relations. Too different, Like that's that the same thing. No, it's too different, And so it was so stupid because the counselor makes it sound so awesome. But I didn't get to take any like bowling or like any stupid classes.
Speaker 3: I did power walking, Like that's what.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, I didn't get to take any of those because I was double majoring. I'm like, why did I do that? How stupid was I? I should have been taking basketball like my roommate took golf and got credit for it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, come on, do you have the same passion that you wish? You just would have finished the three hours and got your same passions? And how I thought this change would have been? I took one more class and graduated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, it wouldn't. I would have not double major.
Speaker 4: That was just absolutely stupid.
Speaker 1: You need three hours to graduate.
Speaker 6: I mean speech, communication, public relations, and a minor in general business. I mean I didn't take any blowoff class. How stupid was I?
Speaker 1: But did you blow off the classes that you were taking?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, but still you got it in.
Speaker 3: Do you remember your gpa I was passing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I know that I didn't get how many times shit weather in climate.
Speaker 4: I didn't take any of that. I didn't take any of that.
Speaker 6: I do not know, amy, but I know that I didn't maintain I high enough GPA to get my scholarship renewed for a second year, which scholarship Austin Livestock and Rodeo.
Speaker 5: How much was that?
Speaker 6: I was like, fifteen hundred dollars. I want to shout out Chasco Contracting. Oh, they are the ones that sponsored me. And I didn't know this, but once the freshman year ended, they send you a letter and they say, hey, if you maintained this GPA, show us and we will continue your scholarship for a second year. And I'm like, why didn't they tell me that beforehand?
Speaker 1: Why why did you get that scholarship? Like achievement, I can make achievement.
Speaker 6: No, Austin Livestock and Rodeo. I just filled out all that application. Mom did No, No, I filled out the scholarships. She filed out the college application.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm stupid.
Speaker 3: Come on, sorry, sorry, I forgot so much spots.
Speaker 5: When you got accepted, you didn't even know you had applied there.
Speaker 6: Your mom and no, she asked me, She said, what do you think about ut s A? And I was like, I'd run a couple of cross country meets there and I was like that's fine. She goes, all right, heiled it out, and she goes.
Speaker 5: Well you got in.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I guess that's where I'm goinghere.
Speaker 1: You applying didn't get in.
Speaker 6: No, that was only an application she filled out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I said to you, No, No, I didn't feel any none, the only one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I only applied to one college and I didn't get my.
Speaker 6: Counselor in high school. She I mean, she was such a she sucked. But she was like, it's just the same shame. You're just gonna go to a CC, you know what I mean? You should be more motivated.
Speaker 1: Which is a community college for everybody?
Speaker 6: And there's and I was like whatever, And I was like, my mom's gonna fallut the application. We're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: My dad told me that I can go wherever I wanted.
Speaker 3: I was like, you knew that it was limited.
Speaker 1: I don't know he knew penthesies. You can try to go everything because.
Speaker 6: My parents so many. Not everybody goes to college. College is not for everyone. You might want to just get a off.
Speaker 5: And my dad said, if you get into any college, I will help you go to that college.
Speaker 1: Knowing I don't know, you wouldn't get into anything.
Speaker 2: Where'd you apply your CLA, baby, did you get in?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, I want to go to LA That's where I want to go. So and I did a USC film school, didn't get it, didn't get accepted.
Speaker 1: Your dad was like, wherever you go, I got you gotch I probably knew would be taught to can good. Lunchbox's parents were like, you.
Speaker 6: Don't have to go to college, man, Like, you can just work. It's okay to just get a job after high school.
Speaker 1: Amy, what were your parents like.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember my dad having any opinion. I lived with my mom, and I remember my sister went to Texas A and M, and so I liked. So She's like, if that's where you can go, that's where you should apply. But she didn't go to college, so she just sort of helped me a little bit. But I was like, Okay, I'm just applying to Texas A and M and that's it. And then I didn't get in, and I was like, well, what do I do now? So then I went to Blynn, which was community college that feeds. Yes, it's right next to it. It's in Brian, which is right next to College Station. And I left Blynn with a three point nine GPA, got into A and M my sophomore year. Then I rushed and did the whole the sworty thing. And then I lived my college life. But that just showed me if I like really hunkered down and applied myself. Like once I felt that embarrassment of like I didn't get into college, I was like, okay, I'm going to prove that I can do this. So I left, I got the three nine, I.
Speaker 1: Got in and then pretty solid three nine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, I was on fire. And then once I got in, I was like, okay, I'm here party time.
Speaker 1: When I moved off to college, my parents even know I was going to college, so they just always figured I would or something. And I remember just being like, all right, guys, tomorrow, I'm leaving. And they were like cool and they were like where. I was like, I'm moving to college, and so I picked up super and drugs just left.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: So mayus you did all that on your own.
Speaker 1: There wasn't you can't do it. There wasn't you can do it. There was just no conversation about it. And so yeah, I was just like I'm leaving tomorrow, But how did you know to apply in all that?
Speaker 5: Like your counselors, what they tell you about it?
Speaker 1: We counselors, What about mind? Dude?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying like, how did you even know that college was an option?
Speaker 3: I didn't have, like any guidance.
Speaker 1: Surely, I'm telling I don't sure. In the office, how did you notice I don't take the SATs and stuff I took a month before school. I turned mine in seventh grade, my first one in seventh grade, because they were like, if you want to get into a good college, this will be the test you want to take. And I was in GT, which was a Gift and Talented program, and so I think that's probably where I was told that you should start doing this young. So I took it in seventh grade, the ACT, and I scored high enough I got a scholarship in seventh grade for like I guess, scored like twenty three or twenty four.
Speaker 5: And seventh grade you could have gone to UCLA.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know if that's true or not. USC film that I could have gotten in any Arkansas school paid for in seventh.
Speaker 3: Grade, probaly would have gotten in A and m No.
Speaker 1: I don't know, out of state. Who knows. Probably being in GT because there was an expectation that was put on me. But also I was like, I gotta get out of this place. So I don't know. I don't know the real answer, but I would say probably that. But yeah, no, I just left. I was like all right. But it wasn't like it. There was no attachment, sad or happy. It's not like I'm like wow, wow, or like look at me. It was just all right, I guess I'm off. I guess I'll you want to see it. I'm going to college now, all right?
Speaker 5: Did they think like at first, oh, he's going to the store, like you're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna I wasn't like dad for cigarettes and didn't come back. I don't think that was it.
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's just honestly, I don't have a memory of anything other than hey, I'm going to college tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And they were like oh yeah. Really like yeah, yeah, so I'll be moving out. I lived on the couch. I still on the couch. That was like, I took my clus from underneath the couch, put in the back of subaru. That's it, moved down to the dorm, drove them out.
Speaker 5: Were you scared excited?
Speaker 1: Oh god no, uh no, more like business trip, Let's go get this.
Speaker 5: I gotta get it, dang at eighteen business trip, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, but I wasn't dreading it. But I wasn't excited. It was like, Okay, I only got four more years of this crap and I'm done with school, Like I'm gonna do it. I'm done with school and I'll be the one that does it. And then one day when I have kids, I'll be like, look, people, people can do this. But no, no, it was no excitement. It was just like time just going in to business. Stop, let's finish this up and get out of here. Is no no, no, not sad bow.
Speaker 5: No, it's just why it's crazy. It's just different than our stories.
Speaker 1: But everybody's stories. Your story about your dad's hilarious. Yeah, he's like, dude, you want to go to Harvard, you go for it.
Speaker 5: But but that was it was so late too because I didn't know about college. So the reason I found out about college because none of my family had ever gone to college, like extended family cousins and everyone to college and his uncles in college. There's that wasn't a thing for us. But when all my friends started, like I remember being a senior and they're like wow, like so and so is going to Texas A and M like what like, how did you even do that?
Speaker 2: That's cool you were applying to UCLA, but like no, no, no, DeLine.
Speaker 5: No, no, no no. I didn't even know think about applying anything. And then I graduated and that's when my dad was like, hey, you know all your friends are all gone.
Speaker 1: But you graduated then applied for the first time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was a transfer application.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: I had no idea, Like, I was like, how do you do that? Like, you guys are going to Texas? Like that's cool. How did you do that? Like did we apply it when you were like last year?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Didn't know that.
Speaker 1: So I'm fortunate that where you didn't have somebody explaining it. I'm fortunate that I.
Speaker 3: Was in a class somehow you knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm I would bet money that it was like the Gift and Talented instructors that were like everybody that's in this class and only a few of us each year, this is how you go to college. I'm sure that was part of of the teaching there.
Speaker 5: And so they may have said that in my class.
Speaker 1: I didn't You're crazy that you didn't apply to after you graduate?
Speaker 5: No clue. And I have taken SAT because I think lunchbox. You're right, I think you did have to take it.
Speaker 6: I mean I took it the last like in March of my senior year.
Speaker 1: I mean I only took to act.
Speaker 4: You did, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I took sad Well, maybe I took both.
Speaker 6: Just go ten ten.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'd be better at one.
Speaker 3: Your secret sale I took three times.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Didn't apply until after graduation.
Speaker 5: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think another factor, if I think about it, was part of my environment in school. I was like captain of the quiz bowl team from seven, the senior high team, So I was there on other kids that were yeah, smart or nerd or whatever you want to call however you want to define them. But they were all education oriented people. So you are your environment, and that was a big part of my environment. I think's probably where I was exposed to it.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: So I can't Eddie's like twenty eight. I can go to college.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean I did. Yeah, I graduated six years late. It was a six year degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's on you for going six years. I'm saying, you know, I was looking to go to college for the first time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because when I graduated that summer. Like well, they're like, well, you're going to go to school at all? And I'm like, well, there's one down the road, University of Texas PA, and am.
Speaker 4: Do you do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So I took a couple classes there and it took me two years to actually get accepted to sam Houston State, which where I eventually went to. But I would just apply and apply, get turned down, applying, and then finally they said yes, and I went U c L. I said no, the.
Speaker 1: In film school.
Speaker 6: Sorry, were you a freshman in the dorms? Like at twenty two.
Speaker 5: I never stay at the dorms. I stay at my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, kids, we're close enough to home.
Speaker 3: And then when I went to what do we call that? Was he an unconvintied non traditional.
Speaker 1: He was two years older and he had been to junior college.
Speaker 5: I was nineteen eighteen nineteen, living at home.
Speaker 1: Hey, give the guy a break over here.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, unconventional dorms.
Speaker 6: You're saying, you're like the five year old.
Speaker 5: It's a class. That's not funny. It's not funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, we're.
Speaker 1: Done here, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's like, whenever you want to go.
Speaker 1: Let's get started, thank you guys for being here. The question to Ben, Hello, Bobby bellaes. My husband and I have a close friend we hang out with all the time. What he doesn't know is that this friend and I briefly dated years ago, long before I met my husband. It wasn't too serious, so I never felt the need to bring it up. Now that we are all so close, I sometimes wonder if I should come clean just in case he finds out from someone else. But I'm afraid it can make things awkward or create tension. Should I tell him or is it better to let the sleeping dog lie? Signed the dating secret keeper. So here are the two things you have to weigh. One. If he finds out at a later time, how bad is that going to be? You know your husband, I'd feel pretty betrayed that you didn't tell me. Some men may not. I think you're gonna have to judge your husband's reaction to him finding out at a different time, because I think eventually, at some point it is going its head is going to whack him a whoop bellow. It's just gonna happen. Maybe not, maybe not, but I'm going to say probably somehow it will. So you might as well get it out of it well versus how mad will he be if you just tell them now, because if you wait two years, eight years, twelve years, it could possibly get a lot worse. If you tell them now, probably not gonna be fun. It's an uncomfortable conversation. You have done this, though, so before you start to feel sorry for yourself in the situation that you go through, you have done this the dating secret keeper. If it were me, I think it's going to be uncomfortable anyway. I think I just tell them immediately as soon as possible, because it's gonna suck, and you might as well get suck over with. It's why when I work out, if it's a day that I don't have some schedule and I'm like, I gotta get something in, I will go do it immediately as fast as possible because I hate it. But I want it to be over with as fast as possible because it's gonna suck. But I would rather that that suck is gonna happen regardless, I'd rather go out and get it over with. All the time leading up to the suck, you're going thinking about it a lot. It's trusting you out once in a while. Yep, absolutely, you did this though, so don't feel sorry for yourself. But you have to tell him.
Speaker 2: But you're right that everybody's different and you don't think how they'll respond.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling the response will not be like it's hilarious. I have a feeling that won't be the response. But it could be a level of hurt or anger even at the friend, Like how the friend not say anything? There's going to be drama. It just needs to be said now. But even if you get into like a packed with that other friend, like we're never going to say anything. You can't trust anybody to not You can't even trust him, this new friend, because he's got something against you. Can bit annoy you. Oh gosh, that went, Yeah, you know there are any pictures you took about them? He could John, Oh sorry, I'm going to play. My real advice would be to immediately, immediately, immediately say it, and don't do a whole thing where it's like I got something to say, I got something. You just say, stand them up, sit them down, whatever the case is, send on the couch like, hey, I need to tell you something. And the reason I haven't told you just because it just felt awkward and awkward, and I want to get this over with. But a long time ago, like Jonathan, I went on like three days and it was so nothing. It's like when you meet somebody and you don't know their name, and then you start hanging around them a lot, and then like a month later, you still don't know their name, but you don't want to ask them their name because you kind of know them now get everything. They Oh, no, just me. Well, so it feels like that situation. So you got to just do it with the band it off because eventually it's gonna be the worst. It's gonna be worse the longer you wait. That's it. Do it, or just hold on forever and hope it never comes out. But that's like a it just sits in there, in that gut that's on you though. This is stressful, man, that's right, Just say it and get it over with. I hope you didn't do it with them. Oh she didn't say that she did, but if she because some people get us kind of date but they still do it. If you did it with them, do you have to say that part? He'll ask, he will, Oh, for sure, has you seen your naggad he's just like okay, And if that's the case, this guy's no longer going to be a friend anymore. It never should have been without it being set up front, so good luck. Let's know how that goes. Only crap, all right? That's it. A voicemail from Kelsey and North Dakota.
Speaker 8: Since you and Eddie are pretty good friends with Kit Moore.
Speaker 1: I see he's got.
Speaker 8: An album coming out at the end of the month in February, and it looks like he's self producing it and has released some new music.
Speaker 5: Just wondering if.
Speaker 8: You can tell us anything about what's going on with him, or if he's coming into the studio to talk about new music and his upcoming album. Thanks Bobby, love the show.
Speaker 1: That's a chance a trug trug Kid Moore will be coming in the studio next month to talk about this. Eddie's probably a little closer to Kip than I am.
Speaker 5: Although I haven't heard from kippen a few years.
Speaker 1: I think even Kip's closest people can say that he just disappears. Kip will be in in February, so we'll know when you know, we haven't talked to him a little bit though, but I appreciate that call, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently seven out of ten men what better Valentine's Day gifts.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been conditioned to have no expectation of Valentine's Day gifts.
Speaker 2: Well, some men are opening up, they're getting vulnerable, and they're saying, we actually want to be a part of this day, and they're dropping hints like we want to feel special too.
Speaker 1: I think guys just want presents, let's be honest, and my wife does a really good job of getting me a gift for Valentine's Day. But I don't think guys care about feeling special in the Valentine's at romantic sense. I think this is just their spot to go. I want a prize. I want to treat like we're just getting you stuff. I saw this place called Manly man Co.
Speaker 2: And they've got lots of Valentine's Day gift options for guys, like a beef jerky flower bouquet.
Speaker 1: Those are always lame, I would recommend, yeah, I would recommend not that that's lame specifically, but don't try to match in the theme of man of what guys are getting girls. Okay, like you guys get flowers, but I would just get something that would actually use, Like get your guy, like, I'll be extremely basic and sexist. Get him like tickets to a game. They say video game, No, I'll get it. Just get him something that he likes. It's like fun, you know, more than like flowers made of whiskey handles. So good to know, yes, But I would say the same thing, like get your wife or your girlfriend a little thing of flowers if you can. As long as you didn't get him, why're way marked up? But like, get her something that she'll actually use and like, not like a vacuum. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Apparently multitasking is turning us into half wits, according to a neuroscientist named doctor James Turner. He said the concept of multitasking is a myth because the human brain isn't designed to handle more than one task at a time. So when we do this, we take on simultaneous tasks. It reduces our memory. We have poor decision making skills, and there's long term brain decline.
Speaker 1: Never thought about it like that with the brain decline, but I don't think as much anymore and now because my brain is declining. I don't know why, because multitask exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we've we've been conditioned to believe that, oh yeah, we can multitasker.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad multitasker.
Speaker 2: But the long term effects now they're starting to see research that's like, ooh, maybe multitasking not so good.
Speaker 1: I've been conditioned to believe that I must multitask. I would rather not. I would rather focus on one thing. But I think a lot of us. In order to be good at a job, be a good parent, be whatever it is, you have to do two or three things at once. And some of that half wet stuff. Okay, welcome to the show. That's the life we live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can retrain your brain too late.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Blake Shelton said that back in the day, he was known to hey when it came to partying, like he could be the one that could like last all night, and now that he's become friends with post Malone and hung out with him, he has next level party skills.
Speaker 7: He says, I used to.
Speaker 9: Think I could go pretty hard back in the day. Nobody I've ever met has anything on post Malone. I mean, he is he is, he is living a stereotypical country song of life.
Speaker 1: When I was with him in Dallas, we were rehearsing for something later that night, and it was like, what did you do last night? He was like, I went to the bar, and they I think kept the bar open from him till like five am. And our rehearsal was at like ten, and I'm assuming he didn't just stop at five. I thought, like, close it down, and so I think, yeah, I think post Go was pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Was a long term brain impact on That clip is from Blake Shelton talking to CMT. By the way, I'm Amy, that's my pile.
Speaker 1: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news producer already.
Speaker 5: This is cool. Carissa Fisher, she's twenty one years old. She's a member of the US Air Force, but she used to be a daycare teacher and she found out recently that one of her students, he's five years old now, is suffering from a liver disease and needs a donation. So what does she do. She went to the doctor, got tested, she's a match, and she donated a piece of her liver and now it's inside of Ezra, and Ezra's recovery and he's doing great.
Speaker 1: Human body is crazy, first of all, great job by her selfless saving changing a life. Human body is crazy. One Just imagine we get a cut. That thing heals itself. It happens all the time, every day, so we don't think about it much. It heals itself. Like cut, Jill, watch this you' I was gonna show you guys how it worked. No, but no, like if I watch, we can look at this all day. That will hell not heal itself. The human body heals itself. It's wild.
Speaker 5: Well you know, yeah, cut is one thing. But a liver You can cut a piece of the liver and then it again generates, regenerates as a whole liver. Amazing.
Speaker 4: A couple weeks later you got your liver back.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's that quick, but it comes back.
Speaker 1: Human bodies wild. That's a great story. Good for her, great for him. That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Fill in the blank, Amy, women reach full emotional maturity at blank age. It's twenty six thirty two, okay men forty three?
Speaker 5: Oh, I was closer.
Speaker 1: It is the exact age difference with me and my wife what's hilarious. Oh wow, so you're both mature because we're like eleven years and seven months closer to twelve. But we're the same, and she's still more mature than me. I don't be honest with but still, I was reading this story. So the big difference and emotional maturity between genders, revealing that women typically full maturity by thirty two, men continue to develop until forty three years old. The research found that eighty percent of the world perceived men as retaining childish behaviors, such as a picture for fast food and video games, well into their adulthood. What would your explanation be if you had to make one, amy you're presenting it a scientific conference, Please tell us why men are far less mature? Good question.
Speaker 2: I know that are alone for women, we mature faster, but I wonder why y'all hold on to these child like behaviors.
Speaker 1: If I were to be giving the same speech at the same time in a different room. I think a couple things are One. I think women have children, which I think biologically hormonally okay, so I think that's the thing. And also, whenever they say matures like, I think there are different avenues of maturation, meaning for me, I am a wildly mature person in certain parts of my life because I had to be as a dude. First of all, you expected to be like masculine, take care, I have all those, But as somebody who grew up without much means, I had to mature. I had to work early. I had to. But when it comes to like video games, dude, I'm twelve, or emotional maturity with like relationships, I'm probably fourteen now, because that wasn't what was told to me had to develop. Like as a kid, your dad or your male influences aren't like you really should get great at having really personal emotional conversations. I think culture is a big part of why. I don't think it's just biology that makes women mature faster. I think I think it's a standard, a cultural standard that's set on them. But again, I also think they're not factoring in the total three to sixty of mature and I just.
Speaker 2: Think generally women have more empathy and self awareness and culture all of.
Speaker 7: That the EQ and you don't enjoy.
Speaker 1: Part jokes as much as we do because we're not told by other guys be immature. Anybody that says that can't be anybody that screams I'm fun.
Speaker 2: Sound like I'm breezy. I'm I'm mature. Wait, it didn't work there because I am mamatere.
Speaker 1: YEA are many parts of your life you're yeah, you're but also immure. I can be very very immature.
Speaker 2: What you say, guys, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're pretty mature all the time. Okay, for the most part. I did want to scratch off this morning. You did, right, breaking news hit me with the breaking news. So my New Year's resolution has been to one one thousand dollars on a scratch off. Come on, and I'm going to scratch every almost every day, but sometimes I just forget. I scratched. And this is my first winner of the year. On a fifty dollars jump by oh Bucks went up to five million dollar ticket. I have won one dollars. So it is not the thousand dollars we're looking for. It's okay, but it is it's something.
Speaker 5: And you're going to stop when you hit one thousand dollars, not when you get up to one thousand dollars, right.
Speaker 1: And oh, up to doesn't count. I want to hit a thousand.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 1: Because lunchbox plays all the time and has never no, So that would be just the funniest bit, Like I want a thousand dollars, I've won two fifty, so when I went three hundred, that's going to be, oh my good record there. So you're doing it just to annoy him. Yeah, basically, basically, let's be honest. This is a bit. Yeah, yeah, it's just a bed dumb debate of the day. Amy, you'r up?
Speaker 2: Do you keep your apples in the refrigerator or in a bowl on the counter?
Speaker 1: People put their apples in the refrigerator, Well I do, I guess if their slices. I would like.
Speaker 2: Whole apples, like right when you get home from the grocery store, put them in the refrigerator, because that's what I do.
Speaker 1: And my friend thought I was crazy.
Speaker 2: She opened up my fridge and she's like, you keep your apples in the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: That feels crazy to me. I'm okay, let's just oh wait, I thought I was the norm?
Speaker 7: Am I am?
Speaker 1: I not. I don't know what we're gonna find. We have a very accurate polling of representation of America in this room here. I'm gonna go count. It's either counter or refrigerator. I go counter, refrigerator.
Speaker 5: No, Amy, you're crazy. They go on the counter, not the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Morgan, you're not crazy. They go on the refrigerator. I never would once think to put them in unles.
Speaker 2: They're already slice so they're going to last longer if you put them in the fridge.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, oh crisp, I'm not trying to keep them to July. Like I got an apple lunch bikes.
Speaker 4: I've never seen an apple in the refrigerator. It is on the counter.
Speaker 1: Boom, Ray Mundo. If there's everyone on my counter, I throw it away way too acidic, I would say, counter, they're not a fridge item. Okay, you just confuse everybody. But what Abby?
Speaker 7: Definitely the fridge, the fridge for sure. Maybe female face.
Speaker 1: We know more. Nobody said that.
Speaker 10: Nobody said a female in my house and she keeps them on the counter. Own a female on my face and she says, okay, let me write this. Okay, butter, I've seen people leave their butter on the day days.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fact that people don't keep it in the fridge all the time. I didn't know that was the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the cute little like butter tray where you can keep it out that way when you cook with it's easy to butter.
Speaker 1: Always fridge, that would be my answer, fridge. You I do both. I have fridge and a little butter tray. Then that would be count. If it's any counter, it's counter crazy.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, I'm saying the butter is living outside the refrigerator.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, mind blown.
Speaker 5: No, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's fridge right, Yes, it's in the fridge.
Speaker 2: On.
Speaker 4: It doesn't melt on the counter.
Speaker 1: No, that isn't well male, it's room temperature. Yeah, it's more spreadable. I guess if the counter is the sun Morgan.
Speaker 2: Mine's always in the fridge unless we're having like a meal out of dinner table.
Speaker 1: It's out sense So ay, you might be the weird one here, No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: My sister does it too abby?
Speaker 7: Sorry? Fridge?
Speaker 1: Okay, fridge Ray? Who knows ray fridge launches fridge.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't even know butter because I mean it gets all soggy.
Speaker 1: You're the only one.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I have both, but like the little butter trick would be out.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Ketchup fridge for sure. I think I just keep everything in the fridge. But what about the fridge? Oh, I don't You're right, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 5: Bones. Restaurants have ketchup out.
Speaker 1: I know what they again, that's why I'm asking. I go fridge at our house, fridge, fridge, fridge.
Speaker 5: Eddie, fridge at the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, fridge.
Speaker 4: I don't even have ketchup at my house, ray.
Speaker 1: Fridge, so we're all fridge. Yeah, restaurants have stuff out, yeah for sure. Okay, guys.
Speaker 2: The USDA says that butter is safe at room temperature, but if it's left out for several days then it can turn ransod.
Speaker 1: What about ketchup? What does it say about what you're supposed to be a ketchup? Because both are probably acceptable too, like.
Speaker 2: Ketchup bottles churgery after no, no, but restaurants, Steady's point, ketchup is.
Speaker 1: Just out, and is it you only put in the fridge after the seal's broken then has to go on.
Speaker 2: The ketchup is generally considered safe to leave on the counter for up to a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Wow, that's crazy, and.
Speaker 1: So restaurants are probably turning it over faster.
Speaker 5: Like sure, you know what I found out they do restaurants is they have like, say that the Hines ketchup bottle there on the table and it just lives at all the tables. They just refill that same bottle. They don't get new bottles.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and they get it in a humongous yeah a restaurant. We didn't get them in a little bottles. We literally got humongous tubs.
Speaker 5: Mind blown.
Speaker 7: Really, they just go and REPI.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play you a nostalgic clip from the nineties. It's a sound. Identify that sound for example, oh, influence. That's very short, but you got it one more time, please you can say it. Sah. It's the Signfeld in between scenes at the beginning. Now, Morgan, you're the youngest here. That one may have been tough for you. Did you know it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I did. I recognize it, but couldn't place it. And Eddie, you're the oldest here, so I knew that one. No, I know you know that one, But like some of the you know, more current stuff, maybe you don't know. Okay, here we go write your answers down. Number one. Name that nostalgic sound. Here it is again, and one final time, I'm in.
Speaker 4: I'm then how specific do I need to moon?
Speaker 1: So, okay, lunchbox? Your answer Nintendo, Amy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Nintendo, Mario Brothers, Morgan, I had Super Mario, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I wrote down Mario Brothers because the answer is Super Mario. Oh, Mike, what do we do with Amy's? I'll take Amy's one table inches?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, no, you can't have a lunchbox. You didn't say, Mario, how specific do I need to be? But I'm not answering your questions in the middle of a game where you have to answer questions, because that's like when he eats the mushroom, right, like guess like multiple things that I was thinking about Amy, She's like Nintendo, Mario, video games, controllers, cable TV.
Speaker 2: Doesn't guessing multiple things. I know that those are both exist together.
Speaker 1: But okay, so the answer Toup Mario. Well then I don't get it. You do get it? Oh, and you accept it, you love it? Okay, and you're happy about it, and you're very happy. You can't stop.
Speaker 7: I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Next up, go ahead, I'm in. I'm in. Nostalgic sounds from the nineties, one more time.
Speaker 4: I'm in for the room.
Speaker 1: If you guess that Lunchbox and Eddie, you're correct.
Speaker 10: That's Lunchbox and Eddie is pretty much Amy, but head Lunchbox, Beavis and butt head Morgan.
Speaker 2: You guys maybe watch this shows and butt head Eddie's and that's correct.
Speaker 1: Good job, everybody.
Speaker 7: Next one up, I'm in. I'm in men.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, hit it again, everybody in. I'm in for the wim without the drum would have been a lot harder, a little bit without the drum. One more time, Ray Morgan, I have saved by the bell, Latchbox, saved by the bell, Eddie saved by the bell. Amy, the bell that's into the theme song. Their good job. Next one, I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in, I'm in.
Speaker 4: I'm in for the whim.
Speaker 1: Eddie. That's the Simpsons, Amy, Simpsons, Morgan, the Simpsons, Lunchbox, the Simpsones. Next up, I'm in nineties nostalgia game. Don't worry, you can get yourself another listen. Yes, I'm in. One more run. Who's confident?
Speaker 5: Who's not me?
Speaker 1: You go first? Jurassic Park, Amy, Jurassic Park, Latchbox, Jurassic Park Organ.
Speaker 7: Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna lose because.
Speaker 1: I because you got it wrong that one?
Speaker 4: No, because I asked a question. Did you get the clarification?
Speaker 1: We don't answer questions in the middle of games about goats. Next up, go ahead? Oh my gosh, one more time. Oh that's funny to hear that one. Go again?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you got that, that's good.
Speaker 5: I'm in. But I don't.
Speaker 1: Morgan is staring at the ground.
Speaker 7: Can I hear it again?
Speaker 1: Why not? Last one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I guess I'm that.
Speaker 4: What you're guessing, Morgan?
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 7: Home improvement?
Speaker 5: Oh? A little different?
Speaker 1: Incorrect? Eddie down friends. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that is, but I just guess friends.
Speaker 1: Incorrect, lunchbox pee wee Herman incorrect that I have not I know I would have got that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, did you guess p Herman?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 1: Played again? Okay, I can. But if you were Herman didn't have studio audience, no, and he was yeah, but still no studio audience. Uncle, No, what is that?
Speaker 7: I thought that? He doesn't go?
Speaker 1: This is one Uncle Phili grab Jazz and throw him out the door. Every single again.
Speaker 5: Man, that's hard.
Speaker 1: That was a hard one, so we have a three way time, Amy Morgan and Eddie. This will be sudden death. Watch you boy, I'm sorry you've been eliminated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not even gonna get upset about it.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: Let's go and last one. Buzz in when you know it, it's a speed round. Go Amy, Amy, Power Rangers and correct. Morgan organ Space Invaders and correct.
Speaker 5: And take my time on that.
Speaker 7: Can hear it again?
Speaker 5: To let me hear one more time?
Speaker 11: Buzz I mean, it could be any kind of war, but I'm going to guess a.
Speaker 5: Star war Star Wars.
Speaker 9: No, Morgan.
Speaker 2: I thought it might be Galago Independence.
Speaker 1: No, it's the matrix. You're not in the game. It's the matrix. It's the it's the bullet dodging sound.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 1: The next one, sudden death, buzzing with your buzzing with your name.
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: What the nineties nostalgia?
Speaker 2: Amy, Yep, super Mario.
Speaker 1: Didn't twice didn't sequel that one didn't. That's not the one where they get the coin. It wouldn't it be above me to do that. But it's not it. That's what I was banking on. Hit it again, Eddie, go ahead, Pokemon, No, Morgan.
Speaker 10: Oh, this is something with a phone, but I can't place it perfectly.
Speaker 2: I want to say a Blueberry, but I don't.
Speaker 7: Think it was that.
Speaker 1: I need to answer Blueberry incorrect. Sonic the Hedgehog. Oh okay, we're still sudden death in it. Come on, buzs in with your name. Here you go, Eddie, Eddie, that's Bompet. Will you play bomp it against our listeners? Can hear it in its entirety?
Speaker 5: What a fun game.
Speaker 1: This game was.
Speaker 9: It's time for the good news with Bobby.
Speaker 1: This is a tell me something good from one of our listeners on our voicemail line.
Speaker 10: Hi, Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 5: I had to share with my favorite morning show.
Speaker 8: I officially survived my first day as a registered nurse, all on my own. As a registered nurse, you have a lot of weeks of preceptorship where you have like a trainer with you.
Speaker 5: Anyways, that worked really hard to be here.
Speaker 8: I'm twenty seven. I've been at this for the last five years, and I finally feel super accomplished and I can actually say I'm very proud of myself. Took really good care about my pay today and yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Had to call and share that I love it job too many more days of taking care of your patients. They're angels among us, and they.
Speaker 12: Are nurses, teachers, yes, in Arkansas, razorback athletes oh oh okay, all right, those are the athletes through the I believe there are angels among us.
Speaker 1: We don't agree with all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, especially the third one, especially the third one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Here is the end of the first half.
Speaker 1: Of the podcast. The podcast that the end of the first time of the podcast.
Speaker 11: You can go to a podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.