Speaker 1: This Q and A episode is presented by Hyundai. Welcome to How Rude, Tannerdos.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and we're back with another Q and A episode presented by Hyundai. We loved it so much the first time we had to do it again.
Speaker 1: Today, we'll have two fans join us on Zoom to ask their full house questions. Then we'll answer even more questions that fans have asked us on our how Rude podcast Instagram.
Speaker 2: And we can't wait to talk to even more of our listeners, and thanks to Hyundai, we have another opportunity to do so. All Right, yay, got it? Sarah's first, Sarah's first?
Speaker 1: Okay Sarah?
Speaker 2: Hi, Sarah, Hi, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 3: Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Okay? Soda Hi?
Speaker 3: I know I.
Speaker 4: Always have that accent when I say it. I'm like Minnesota, Minnesota, and I.
Speaker 2: Can hear the I can hear that Minnesota accent a little bit in everything that you say. I think.
Speaker 1: But I love that because my family.
Speaker 2: My family's from Iowa and and some Wisconsin, so there's a lot a lot of that Midwest accent.
Speaker 3: I love it so similar.
Speaker 2: Drink are you drinking?
Speaker 1: Pop with your supper.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: I usually say soda because I worked at a movie theater in high school and they were like, you have to say soda. You can't say pop, right, yeah, and so it's like ingrained, yeah, but it's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, Sarah, we are so glad that you're here today on the show with us that thank you for joining. I'm excited that you're here to ask us some questions.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: I just want to say that I told my husband that I have not remembered a time in my life without you guys. Oh. He's like, you guys are He's like, you're weird. That's a weird thing to say. And I said, well, not really, because you know, I have older siblings and I was really I was young when the show came out. It was like three, but I was like I always remember watching it and reruns, and now I have a nine year old and a six year old and they watch it and.
Speaker 3: They think I'm super cool for doing this.
Speaker 1: By the way, Oh yeah, I love What are their names?
Speaker 3: Natalie?
Speaker 4: She's nine, and then I have Emily and she's six.
Speaker 1: To go, hello Natalie, Emily. Yeah, I'm a big hug from us. Definitely will.
Speaker 3: They will be so excited.
Speaker 2: Yes, and tell them to remember that their mom is cool. Uh. You know, in like three or four years, will be very hard for them to remember that, but mom always knows.
Speaker 3: I'm already getting there with the nine year old. I feel like sometimes it.
Speaker 1: Starts yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Well, Sarah, what what questions do you have for us today? We are all ready to answer your deepest burning questions.
Speaker 3: My first question has to do with the food.
Speaker 4: I know that you guys and a lot of the TV shows, especially from back then, were very like had family meals and this and mat and where did this food come from? Like obviously they weren't like actually making the food and then like we cooked it oursels.
Speaker 2: We were we were very busy during rehearsal and we were like, hold on, we have to put this casse role together and then yeah, right, and how you rose to Turkey? Uh, they actually would make I mean some of it was like you know that store bought or whatever, and they do it. But sometimes there were trying to remember do you remember the The Fuller House Thanksgiving episode.
Speaker 4: Where you wanted to make the Thanksgiving meal? And then DJ also didn't believe in you, and then she made the Thanksgiving meal that yes, right, right for any of them.
Speaker 1: I don't was that.
Speaker 2: I was like, was that the storyline?
Speaker 1: That's fascinating? I remember that.
Speaker 2: I really remember that.
Speaker 1: I was wait for that rewatch podcast.
Speaker 2: We don't Yeah, we'll get there. I'm like, wow, God, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: What I guess I remember? Are you talking about the one with the bit where like there were forty cast members around one table. Yeah, I do remember that. Lots of food that.
Speaker 2: We had an actual food prep team that came in because there was so much food. Okay, but they had they brought like I think it was on I don't know if it was on our set or like a catering truck outside, but they had like a full setup with food and food styling is like the is an incredible job because most of what they used to make food look really good on TV is inedible, like you're covering it in glycerine and like things like that. You can't like spring smoke on it and stuff like that. But I do remember them doing some of that, but a lot of times it was you know, well, maybe that's why we had cold fried chicken all the time, you didn't have to prep it. You could just throw that in the fridge and call it a day.
Speaker 1: Well, this was this was under the purview of the props department, so it was our prop masters that would assemble the food and they would usually tell us like, Okay, here's the plate of donuts or whatever, but only this one is edible. The other ones are like stale or like JODI's side.
Speaker 2: The other ones have been sitting there since rehearsal on Monday, but these two donuts have been replaced throughout the.
Speaker 1: Week, right, So that's a little trick.
Speaker 3: Well, that was nice that they mentioned that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but they I mean, our prop guys were always so great. I remember Steve Jared was our prop guy on Fuller, and he would always ask us our preferences, you know, like for preferences of flavor, whether we wanted vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream, or if we had any food allergies. And then towards the end of the series, Steve would get a little crazy and he would always like write little notes and put them like in the bowls so that we could read them, or if we had cereal bowls, he would make words out of like the alpha bits. He would put like yeah, yeah, oh, I don't know. He would put plaid for me because we're both fans of the of the musical Forever Plaid. So he would write plaid or hello or whatever, just something to make a smile in the middle of a scene, which was always so great. But yeah, they would put on their put on their plastic gloves and assemble the sandwiches or the whatever the scene required. I know, the Uncle Monty scenes were difficult because of all the different sub submarine sandwiches. That was a little tricky. Or any food fight scenes oh oh yeah, yeah, like the blueberry pie fighting of the food fight in the backyard. We did one of those. But yeah, I know. The best. The best is any sort of prepackaged snacks. We would call them actor treats, yeah, because we would eat them during rehearsal or in between takes. We're like, oh, yeah, give me some of those crackers. Those are good, because those weren't were a favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: You're so good. The sea salt sprinkled on the little almond thins.
Speaker 2: But like I'm trying to remember, like it back in the day and we didn't have I mean again, other than the cold fried chicken. I mean, we would have food occasionally, but I feel like I feel like there was kind of far more effort put into Well. Maybe also because we were adults on Fuller. I was like, wow, they're actually asking us questions. But maybe that was because we were you know, six on full House and they were like, we're not going to consult the six year olds. But yeah, it was you know, most of the time it's relatively edible. Sometimes you're like this is this is room temp and it's something that should either be hot or cold, so that's not great, but never anything. They're always very like, if it's something that could get you sick, they're very cautious about that. Like they still follow all restaurants like food, you know, prep and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and as an actor, I don't I don't really. You don't really eat a lot of it, Like you don't want to. There's a timing thing where you have to look like you're eating, but you don't want to have food in your teeth when it comes to your line. So there's a dance that you have to do between like biting but not too much and then swallow by the time you know the camera's on you for your line. So I never really ate that much. I would just nibble and kind of pretend because I didn't want food sticking on my teeth.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, unless it's part of the joke where you're supposed to be shoving food in your face. Eating on television is never It never looks great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever watched someone eat, but it's usually not the most pleasant thing. You're like, I don't want to see that. So yeah, it's it's not something that we did a ton of.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, the food.
Speaker 2: Was was edible, and I don't remember any of us ever getting food poisoning, So yeah, yeah, you're got sick.
Speaker 1: It's a hard job. It's a very hard job, so perhaps to props.
Speaker 2: For especially hard when actors are eating all of the things on the plate and they're trying to keep continuity, and sometimes there would be something that was like you're like, ooh, this is really good, and you'd keep eating it, and then after every take you're like, I need ten more crackers. But you know, like I'm really I ate all the grapes, and they'd have to write.
Speaker 1: And the same thing with liquids too, like at the top of the scene has to match every time the level of what you know, juice in the cup or whatever. So if you're thirsty during the scene, you drink all the juice the prop like, okay, we got to refill to the exact amount. It's it's fascinating. It's so detail oriented. You have to remember so many details and write down everything about placement of food and where it was. And Steve, Steve prop we called him Steve. His name is Steve Jared, but we called him Steve Props. He would have what was it like that little it was black light black light marker, so he would mark where the plates where he put the plates and the cups and the cutlery, so he knew where how to match.
Speaker 2: That at the top of and maybe just have a small little black light flashlight and be able to find the marks on the counter or the kitchen table or whatever.
Speaker 1: So it's really cool.
Speaker 3: It's cooling.
Speaker 1: Did you have another question or was that the only one?
Speaker 4: I did have one more that my girls wanted me to ask, which what do you think that fans would say is their favorite episode?
Speaker 1: A full House secrews you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, especially the children love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they love that one. It was it was great.
Speaker 1: They were hit with the elementary set. Yeah. Favorite episode of full House. The fans favorite episode of Full House.
Speaker 4: Yes, the fans like, what do you think is the most popular episode?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go, Car through the Kitchen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Favorite?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say.
Speaker 2: I think the Car through the Kitchen episode is the one I hear about all the time, really, people of various ages and generations, and they like that is always the one.
Speaker 1: They're like, I love that episode, I would say, And I haven't seen it in a hot minute. But it's the love letter episode, right, Rusty or somebody brings over a love letter and it gets passed around. Yeah, yeah, everyone thinks it's for them, but it's not. I remember at the time thinking that was a very smart episode, the way it was written in the Mister Rex and everything. So and I remember hearing from fans too that they love that too, but it's not inciting for kids, but maybe fred the adults.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't Laurie saying too? It is based on a movie that she did. Oh yeah, that's right, based on a movie called The Love Letter, The Love Letter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I think that's a i'd yeah, I'd say those two. I'm trying to think of any others that are like that. I always get comments on I guess in particular, I hear about, you know, Stephanie crashing the car through the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, of course, yes.
Speaker 4: Well, my older daughter she also likes the one when Stephanie and DJ are arguing over Danny's shirt and then they put the big.
Speaker 1: Hole right right, dad, Dad, he's our.
Speaker 3: And you come up with the song.
Speaker 1: Right right? Yeah, sister hyjinks Er, Yes, so funny.
Speaker 3: Anything to ruin the satch is there.
Speaker 5: They just think it's great.
Speaker 2: You know, destruction is fun to watch as a kid. You're like, oh, what's it? Yeah, I get it, which was why we did those episodes because people found them hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that, Jody? Was that the episode where you were hanging on the coat hook on the closet door or was that a different episode? Am I mixing up episodes? In Danny's room, I don't know, we haven't gotten to that season.
Speaker 3: His car in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when.
Speaker 4: She runs away to Becky's house and she goes to Becky's closet to hide because it's okay, we've seen this episode like fifty thousand times.
Speaker 1: No, I'm glad you're here. You know more than we do.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about it probably since I've done it, so yeah, I'm please inform ust. Yeah, so that's right. It was at Becky's house and Jesse opened in the closet. I remember because I had the blue that blue sweater on that I crashed that I was in.
Speaker 1: The accident with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: We're going to dance class right right away from home, right right.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: We need we need fans on the show more often because they know way more than we do about Yeah, these episodes.
Speaker 2: Well those are those were great questions. Sarah, thank you so much for joining us today. We are so happy to have our uh our fan ritos on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: You guys are fabulous. I love listening every week.
Speaker 1: Thank you You're the best. Thanks Sarah, your family.
Speaker 4: We said hi, I will I will tell them they'll be so thrilled.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome by Oh hi you are hi, Mark, Hi, Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: We're doing well?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Wait, let us see your shirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this shirt, it's it's the Cameo uh fan club shirt.
Speaker 1: My celebrity is better than your celebrity with a picture of my face. Yeah that's I mean, I love it. Your loyalty is unmatched.
Speaker 2: I feel like Andrey needs one now at.
Speaker 5: This point, Hey, I can have made Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Right that way, next time we travel together, you can wear a shirt with your own face on.
Speaker 1: It instead of the Bob saggon, instead of the Bob sagging one.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a sweatshirt, So you can wear the T shirt underneath the Bob Saggat shirt just in case, you know, and and you never know, you might run into Mark.
Speaker 1: Market. I met on Cameo a couple of years ago, and he's just been such a wonderful supporter and a great fan. And he's he always is commenting on our how Rude podcast.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I got the keepsake ornament from the.
Speaker 1: Oh wait what is that? What is that? The world is small? But Jody needs this.
Speaker 5: This is this is the one and only keepsake ornament for the fa Clumber for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What is it a radio?
Speaker 2: It's a little radio for the podcast.
Speaker 1: I love that the world is full.
Speaker 3: We had one for your book too. If you recall look.
Speaker 1: At what's so great? You could start your own merch story out of your house. Yeah.
Speaker 5: All one of the kind, all for fun, nothing, no money, No money has exchanged hands.
Speaker 2: Well, I love the dedication that that is so cute though. I'm so honored we have our own we have our own uh Christmas ornaments.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. Well, Mark, officially, let's welcome you to how tan Ritos. You're here, you made it.
Speaker 3: I'm very glad to be here. This is really exciting.
Speaker 1: Yay, that's awesome. I can't wait to hear your question. Yes, all right, well.
Speaker 5: I actually have one for both of you guys. Okay, good, Okay, we'll start with the entry of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I mean on your face.
Speaker 2: If you started with me, I'd be like, I'm sorry, my face isn't on your shirt?
Speaker 3: You should, all right.
Speaker 5: So my question for Andrea is other than other than being in every episode, how was it different for you when you went from regular guest post star to a series regular?
Speaker 1: Yes on okay, yes on full House. You know I was only supposed to be in a couple episodes that first season, and then I ended up being in all eight seasons, so I think it was. I think I was recurring until season five and then I became Was it season five? Maybe season four? I feel like it was before that.
Speaker 2: Well did you get well, when did you get a title one season? You got a title card because that parking when you went, Yeah, a title card in a parking.
Speaker 1: Was it five?
Speaker 2: I trust Mark on this one.
Speaker 1: I know nothing. Definitely, Mark, I'm not wrong. We know nothing.
Speaker 2: Well I'm I'm going to just say I am wrong because you have her face on a shirt, so therefore you know far more than I do.
Speaker 1: And I was there, so so yeah, hey, that's okay. So season five and this is all very I mean, it's all contractual stuff. So but yeah, I got a parking space, get a parking right in front of the door of stage twenty four. Yeah, that was that was a big deal to get a parking sp No longer get it.
Speaker 2: You no longer have to walk that long.
Speaker 1: Yes, at Warner Brothers you have to walk like fifty miles from the parking garage to get to stage twenty four. But yeah, once you're a series regular, you get a parking space right by the stage. So that was exciting. I think I just loved being yeah in every episode and being more a part of the storylines, you know, getting to have my own storyline in the Sweet sixteen episode, and just being featured in more storylines like what was it the kim you gets drunk at the frat party? You know, just just being more of a of a main player was great. But I felt I felt a bigger difference going from full House to Fuller House. And I don't know if that's because I was one of the three leads on Fuller House or because I was an adult. I mean it might be a little fifty to fifty. Yeah, probably fifty to fifty. But I just felt like I had so much more agency as an adult and so much more input into my character. And I cared more too. You know, as a kid, you're kind of just like a nineties robot. You just kind of do what you're told, and you don't really have a whole lot of investment in your character, at least I didn't. But as an adult, I was just like, Yeah, this is Kimmy Gibbler. She's got a legacy that, you know, she has to live up to. So I cared about the storylines, and if something didn't feel right, I spoke up about it and fought hard for certain things. So I would say I felt more of a difference going from full House to Fuller House and just feeling like, you know, Kimmy finally made it, she finally moved into the Tanner House like she always wanted to, and it was just it was wonderful and I loved it. I loved being more a part of the process and getting to sit at the notes table. As kids, we never got to sit at the notes table. That was just for the adults, and so we Yeah, we sat at the notes table after every run through and went, you know, page by page, seen by scene and talked about jokes that weren't working, or lines that didn't feel right, or storylines that weren't working for us. An it was a very collaborative process and I found so much fulfillment in that. Yeah, it was great. I loved it. I loved it. It was a good moment for me, a very satisfying victory for me to finally move into the house and be one of the leads.
Speaker 5: And you said that you were more at ease with your outfit choices in Fuller House than you were.
Speaker 3: In Full House.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I finally learned to speak up. Like as a kid, I was just like, you know, if I felt uncomfortable in something, I didn't I It's not like I couldn't speak up. I just didn't have the confidence to speak up. And so I just wore things that made me feel even more uncomfortable than I already felt as a teenage girl on TV. So in Fuller House, we had just a great costumer. Mary Kate was or not Mary Kate, Mary Kate. What's her last name, Killilea, kill A Lea, that's right. She was just so creative and she she used Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie Bradshaw as sort of our muse for how we were gonna dress Kimmy the modern day Kimmy Gibbler. And she was great. She was like, you know, what do you like? What are you not like? What you know? What silhouettes are you a fan of? If you if you're not, And she always said, I'm not going to put you in anything that you're uncomfortable in. If you're even slightly uncomfortable in it, it's out. And even if the producers are like, no, she has to wear this because the joke has to work. Mary Kate would go to bat for me and be like, Nope, she's not wearing that because she's not comfortable in it. So yeah, yeah, no, I love the fashion and Fuller House that was fantastic, and.
Speaker 5: I noticed there was only one smelly feet reference in Fuller House and then then we never heard from it again, which I'm assuming is your choice, right, thank.
Speaker 1: God, thank god. I hated that joke. It was just so overused. It felt it was funny maybe the first time they used it in Full House, but then the writers are like, oh, that got a laugh, Let's use it again and again and again and again, and I'm like, okay, it's not funny the fiftieth time, guys. It's just lazy writing at that point. And then I would have fans on the street come up to me and say, don't take your shoes off, and I'm like that's like do your feet really I still get that question. Do your feet stink? And I'm like no, right, forty seven years old, I am a fan of hygiene, like it is important.
Speaker 2: If I were you, I would never wear shoes again, just to prove a point everywhere you go. Just be like the dogs are out and they're fine. So you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I said that to a fan one time. I'm like, do you want to smell and find out? And they were like no, and that shut them up real quick.
Speaker 2: So, well, don't say that to everyone, because there's an entire niche of the internet that would be like, yes I do, and I will pay you money for it. So be careful who you be careful who you asked that question.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. It's all I'm saying. Noted, definitely noted. Yeah, I'm glad they only used that joke once in the pilot. A fuller and Yeah never came back.
Speaker 2: They.
Speaker 1: I am like, you guys are smarter than this. You can come up with better jokes than this. Yeah, wasn't that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that the thing that knocked Steph back out of her terrible British accent?
Speaker 1: That's what knocked you back to you to your sense.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad we just killed both of those jokes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, there just.
Speaker 2: Couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it should have happened a few few scenes earlier in that episode, but at least they got rid of both. I think that one fell swoop. It's gone. Love it. Great question, thanks Mark.
Speaker 5: All right here and here's my question for Jody. It's it's obvious that you had sarcasm down at an early age, but how did you learn the sarcasm with somebody like showing you how to be sarcastic or explaining to you, or you just naturally just it's.
Speaker 2: Just sort of how I communicate. I don't It's like I really honestly don't. Even as a kid, like it was I just found for me, sarcasm was like pointing out the obvious and being like, no, no one's you know what I mean? And so I found because I always noticed things really quickly, sarcasm was kind of a default for me because it was like, well, yeah, sure we're gonna like I could just immediately point out the thing that was wrong or silly or obvious and kind of make fun of it. And it's also like I think it's I don't know. I mean, my mom definitely, I will give my mom credit, like she really when I was a kid, you know, worked with me on lines and doing all that kind of stuff. But I just sort of picked it up and I think also it was how like the guys kind of joked around and communicated like sarcasm was just you know, it was just kind of like everyone just sort of you know, made fun of each other a little, and oh, yeah that's the thing, you know. And I don't know, I think I just that like it felt like the right kind of humor to me, a little self deprecating a little, like you know, poking fun at people and letting the air out of the room a little. And and it's just I mean, it's just such a part of you know, who I am really, I mean, Andrew will attest its just who I am.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: I am just starcasic, and I don't even mean to be. Sometimes people are like, wait, did you mean that? And I'm like, no, that was that was a genuine emotion. I've actually meant that. Yeah, no, I'm not being sarcastic, but yeah, I I just I don't know, I picked up on it. And I think also.
Speaker 5: As a kid, I I I.
Speaker 2: Understood timing and comedy in like this weirdly innate way, like I knew it. Just there was like a feeling of like just how long you give a joke a breath and then you give it the punchline. And it was like, even at five, I just felt like you could just I just could feel how you were supposed to let things kind of come up and then release with a joke. And yeah, and it can't teach that.
Speaker 1: It's and you can't teach it.
Speaker 2: I really am. I'm grateful for that. And it's something that you know, Bob and Dave always encourage him, were like, you just have a great sense of timing and and sense of humor and and yeah, I think you know, my my sarcasm was u shaped by by Stephanie, by by Bob and David John and and and was just kind of also who I was in my natural sense of humor and and observations of the world. So yeah, I that I I now speak it fluently. It is my first language. It's your language, and yeah it is. It is my love language. And my children now use it, uh really well, and which is both horrified and also makes me really proud. So yeah, like I'll be like, hey, what do you do And they'll be like, I'm knitting a sweater. What does it look like I'm doing. I'm pouring a glass of juice. And I'm like, oh, they've done it, you know what.
Speaker 1: I like, Oh, no, right, it's coming back. Yeah, would be.
Speaker 2: The other day dead Pan looked at me and just said something like, no, I'm doing this, and I was like, smart ass, Yeah it was, but it was funny.
Speaker 1: Can't argue with sarcasm when they get it from you, you know.
Speaker 2: I know, as long as they're funny, I'll let it slide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can be secretly proud in the background.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true.
Speaker 2: Mark, Thank you so much for asking those great questions. And I'm just excited that you showed us that shirt and the one of a kind ornaments.
Speaker 1: And the ornament I know we would be calling you. We're going to call you in December and ask you to make cram. That's fantastic, so.
Speaker 2: Creating, fantastic fan. I'm sorry I had to say that.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: So Mark, thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. It was great.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you, and thanks for being such a great fan like you're just again so devoted and thanks for loving our show, and thank you. Loving our podcast.
Speaker 2: Really means a lot.
Speaker 1: It really does.
Speaker 5: Look forward to it every week.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. Thanks.
Speaker 5: It's a bright light in this world right now.
Speaker 1: So oh, thank you. I appreciate that means a lot. That really means a lot.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even being sarcastic. That really does actually mean a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, Bye, Mark, Thanks Marks, Bye.
Speaker 2: Great questions from our fan of Ritos, right man, so many good questions. I love it and I love getting to meet our fantos. They're so excited and like hearing what the show means and has meant to people throughout their lives is just well always warms my heart.
Speaker 1: But I love it. This is something we didn't have on the original show. We didn't have this sort of interaction with fans with the technology social media zoom. So it's great getting to meet them face to face and hear what they're curious about and what they think. And I just love it.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Hyundai. Speaking of things they're curious about, we did have some additional questions from fans that came from our Instagram post, and if you weren't following us on Instagram, make sure you're following at how Rude Podcast because we do ask questions to our fans on there. We love input. We post all kinds of fun pictures and stuff that we've talked about in episodes, but.
Speaker 1: And we read your comments too, read them.
Speaker 2: We read your comments, thus proving our point reading these questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, first up.
Speaker 2: We have a question about some of the serious subjects that were in Full House. Oh. A fan asked, there were a lot of serious subjects in Full House. Did you talk with your parents about those subjects before filming and how did you feel about those episodes while shooting, such as peer pressure, bullying, missing a loved one, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Full House had some heavy topics, just even from the pilot, starting with the death of the mom. You know, that's a grief, that's a that's a huge topic. And but we were pretty young, so I don't I.
Speaker 2: Mean, there were definitely I think it was also it was things that were relatively like age appropriate sort of, so it was stuff that we had kind of already maybe talk to our parents about. If it was you know, if we know somebody that's being abused, or you know, when to say something if a friend is in danger, or you know, smoking or whatever, like, there were things that were kind of coming up. I think in just natural, you know, like our age of development, even like the Kiddy Getting Drunk episode. You know, it's like we it was kind.
Speaker 1: Of all stuff that was.
Speaker 2: Being talked about at that point in our lives anyway. But yeah, I don't remember it being ever anything where it was like, oh my god, this is a huge, like new thing that we have that we have to sort of broach or talk about. And I think because it was a sitcom, it wasn't. We didn't go into too many things right.
Speaker 1: That were like heavy or needed.
Speaker 2: An explanation before approaching them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it never felt too heavy. And I also felt like, at least as a teenager on Full House, I mean, we were playing pretend we were acting, so it was just felt like we were putting on a play we weren't. I didn't feel the weight of the responsibility of teaching lessons to future generations as a kid. I didn't feel that in Fuller House. I felt it as an adult. I was like, Okay, we've got to tackle some serious topics and we have to be responsible at how we present it. But as a ten year old, as a thirteen year old, like I was just like, what are my lines? You know, the episode where I got drunk, I was just like, how do I act drunk? Like, how do I do this? How do I do this? How do I make it funny but not make it seem too over the top or you know. I was revery concerned with the acting side of it then then the message of it. And that's just because of my age, you know, I was. It's just immature.
Speaker 2: It's also like shooting a sitcom is more like a play, Like it's sort of as opposed to like a movie where it's like what they call single cam, which isn't just a single cam. It's usually two cameras, but it's a much more intimate way of shooting. You're in an actual like three D space. You're you know, it's not a sitcom set feels like a play. There's a camera row and the audience is on one side and all of the action happens on the other and it you know, you're kind of in and out of that headspace, you know what I mean. Like there's a lot more kind of happening in between. And I find I think like if you're covering heavier subject matter in like a drama or a show, that's more geared towards that you're definitely in that emotional space for a lot longer and a lot deeper. So yeah, I don't think it was kind of not quite as as much.
Speaker 1: But and also, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when you see the show put together in a consecutive half hour, it hits different than when we're spending four or five days during the week doing bits and pieces here and there.
Speaker 1: And you know, true, and so much of sitcom writing is about the comedic beats too, like the joke has to work. So they're so concerned about the funny right and making it work that when they do do this, that's why the serious episodes are you know, few and far between, because that's that's not common in Renci.
Speaker 2: Well you don't want to you and it's you know, you have to walk a very tight line of making a serious episode funny.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that's yeah, a delicate balance.
Speaker 2: Well, not everyone has my inappropriate sense of humor, which I find most terribly dark things very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good question. Next, Okay, Next we have okay, full house. Full House was originally filmed at Lorimar until nineteen ninety three, and then you all moved to Warner Brothers. How were all the sets moved from Lorimar to w.
Speaker 2: B and Lorimar became Sony. By the way, for anyone who's like, what is what is Lorimar?
Speaker 1: It was, it's now it's now Sony Sony Studios. Yes, but yeah, I don't that's a good question for transpo.
Speaker 2: We loaded those sets up in our cars. Yeah, you know, they're on wheels. We did lift them up there. So it was you know, but it was going over the canyon. Let me tell you it was from you know, the west side to Burbank was a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, four or five is the traffic.
Speaker 2: No sets And it says the sets don't.
Speaker 1: Look like they were rebuilt.
Speaker 2: But that is the beauty of sets, is that in between stuff, they would just take those walls down and put them in set storage and bring them back.
Speaker 1: It's a huge job. It's a huge task. I did not envy the set designers at all, but yeah, they would build them and taking it.
Speaker 2: A part and then like having to rebuild it again. And I wonder, it is interesting. I never quite thought about the fact, like does the stuff move from Sony to Warner Brothers, Like did we take did we actually take the sets or did they rebuild the sets on Warner Brothers?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, that's a great question, especially a living room set, because that's two stories. It's very common.
Speaker 2: Stories, but it's but it more so am I I'm like, is it who owns the set stuff? Oh? Yeah, you know what I mean? Like, do you take that from one? I don't. I don't know. That's a that's a that's a great question, like a set design question. Do you take it from one lot to another because they're different entities?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who owns it? That's a great question. I think I know Bob Boyett owned the couch for many, many, many, many many years. He had it in storage somewhere, right, and then brought it out and then John's Damo stole it at the end of Fullerhouse. But yeah, do you remember when we were pitching Fuller House, like the year that we sold Fuller House, Right, the blueprints for they had just got rid of aid. They had just gotten rid of them, so.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna need these. Six months before the show got picked up, they were like, we could get rid of these old full House blueprints. They're never gonna bring, right, And then six months later they're like, Hey, do you ever have those blueprints that were and they were like wait what Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was so Jerry Dunn, our set, our set designer had to watch hours and hours and hours of full house footage to recreate those sets, and they and it looked identical. Like it looked identical. Yeah, he did such a great job.
Speaker 2: They did do a great job. But yeah, the sets, I to be quite honest, I don't know if they moved them as is or if they had to rebuild them with a different set department. I'm not sure how that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I don't know either. I know, like some of the walls were like they could move some of the walls to get the cameras in for a closer shots. So I'm like, did they take each of the three walls and put them on a truck or and just take down all of the the decor. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've seen I see, you know, driving around LA I see like sets driving you know, like driving down on trucks and stuff. There are that I do see sets being transported places. So maybe that's a maybe it's possible. I don't know. That's an excellent question to the fan that asked it. I now have more questions, So I'm gonna need a follow up episode.
Speaker 1: But we're yeah, we're gonna have to have a lunch with Jeff or I don't even know who we would Who would we ask that question?
Speaker 2: Lynn Griffin, well from the full from the full House tables, probably Jerry. Yeah, I don't know. I'm gonna I'm gonna research this. I might and in fact build a replica of all the sets in my backyard and see how hard it is to move them just for my own edification.
Speaker 1: Well they do. Do you still have the I have the the three D model I had. Yeah, right here, Kimmy Gibblers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have the girls room. Oh and I have stephan DJ's room, the hallway, and Jesse's room. Oh so yeah, I had the living room too. Yeah, but I had auctioned that one off someone I have for charity. I auctioned that one off and it was really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so our set designer would make these three D models for every new set that they had, well it was a playground or a classroom or whatever. He would have to build these three D models forever, and then it had to get approved by the producers and network and everything. So yeah, he offered these to us at the end of Firehouse, and so we kept them. That's so cool piece of history right there, right, love it.
Speaker 2: And in case the show cups back in thirty years, at least we know we can rebuild those two rooms, right only those two rooms only.
Speaker 1: That's it, right room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: Kimmy's room and the girls room. That's where we'll.
Speaker 2: All right, what do we have next?
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Full House had ever done a Freaky Friday type episode, what character would you have wanted your character to trade places with? And why?
Speaker 1: Ooh, good question. I've never actually thought about that before. Well, back in the Full House days, I would have wanted to be DJ because she was you know, because I was Kimmy Gibbler. I was the oddball that everyone hated and it looked weird and everybody made fun of me. So I wanted to be the cool kid that wore the cute clothes and had the cute boyfriend and that was admired by fans across the world. So I probably would have picked Djack back in Full House. But if I were doing it today, I think it'd be really funny to trade places with Danny Tanner and just like Kimmy would just make a mess me. Can you imagine like the Gibbler, the Gibbler influence on the the Tanner House, she would just fill that place with junk.
Speaker 2: Right, it would drive him crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I like that. Who would I trade places with? If full House ever did it? I know?
Speaker 1: Okay, who who?
Speaker 2: Rattail Ripper? I would be skiing in Tahoe and singing doo wop in the living room. That's it, you know, a magical.
Speaker 1: Stuff would be like, this is the life, this is great.
Speaker 2: I'm a musician. I just got a snap and have a weird little hairdoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need a mullet and a rat tail and uh and you can already sing. So that's this is plausive. Yes, this is so.
Speaker 2: But now, how would Rattail Ripper fit as Stephanie. I don't that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like in a Freaky Friday swap? Yeah, because he never talked, so we don't know if he had that that flare for sarcasm and the barbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he had a flare, but I don't know if it was for sarcasm.
Speaker 1: He does only had a flair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. That's my stupid, ridiculous answer.
Speaker 1: I love. Yeah, that's not ridiculous. That's actually really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's that was the first thing that popped into my mind was maybe even just the rat tail, Like if I could just become that, you know.
Speaker 1: Straight places with the with the Sea Pappy, with the Mariner and just stand and stare at people the.
Speaker 2: Whole the whole time, that make some sort of Edgar Allan Poe poem, you know what I mean, where it's like and then it just called the Sea Pappy and it's like, you know this whatever, it's some Edgar Allan Poe poem about someone that slowly becomes wooden and stands on a pedestal eyeing their family and they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is great. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: Now I'm brittish. God. Now I'm building up an entire fan fiction story about the Sea Pappy and his origin and who.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 2: So uh, I'll be back with that next time.
Speaker 1: I love it. The Sea Pappy and the right titles. They need their title credits. They were fast. Okay, so next we have another question, did you did any of you keep and rewar any of the wardrobe from the show? I did well for me, that's easy. No, no, and no. I couldn't get I didn't get away and I couldn't get away from my wardrobe fast enough. But you did you keep your your wardrobe? I kept some of it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: They at the end of each season they would kind of let me go through and be like, is there any stuff that you want? Because back in the day, I think we could take some of it, Like they didn't keep as much of the kids stuff because we.
Speaker 1: Were always growing out of it.
Speaker 2: Right, But but I know on like on Fuller House, it all goes back to costume storage. Yeah, but pay it right, They're like it belongs to them. So maybe I don't know. Maybe we were just stealing clothes. I don't know, but I did take some of them. I seem to remember quite a few, like prairie dress boot combos that I took in the early nineties when that was a thing. And I think I actually may have even worn some of Steph's clothes on the covers of some of the Stephanie books. Oh yeah, okay, so okay, but yeah, I did they're like, not a ton of stuff, but a few things. And I think when I was even younger, I definitely had a few of those three D sweaters that my mom was like, yeah, we'll take those with us.
Speaker 1: Those are the Scottie dogs. Yeah, collection of Scottie Dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tons.
Speaker 1: Did you keep the iconic outfit from the telethon dance that you did with Jimmy?
Speaker 2: And I know, and I wish I did. I wish I had that sweater and those blue leggings.
Speaker 1: Blue leggings.
Speaker 2: Yes, I looked like a like a muppet with stick legs, you know what I mean, just like curly ridiculous. I love it right, blue spandex and just a sweater with I don't even know people on it, yarn hanging on. I was so.
Speaker 1: Fabulous. It's so glory fabulous. It's so glorious. And Adam hagen Boo, who played Jimmy Gibbler, was such a good sport to wear it in Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: He was thrilled. If you know Adam Hagenboo, he was like, let's get weird and let's do it like he I love him.
Speaker 1: He is so hilarious.
Speaker 2: And he was one and very on board and it was great.
Speaker 1: Great. No, I wish I did have that.
Speaker 2: I wish I did have that, because I would certainly try and squeeze myself back into it at this point. Would just be like like that would be like I could put it on my arm, you know what I mean, Like it's not even gonna get over my calf.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh man, all right, what do we have up next?
Speaker 2: Let's see we have all right here we go? If you got another season for the show, how would you guys want to wrap it up? And why?
Speaker 1: Oh so like a ninth season of Full House. That's what we're we're talking about here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I'm going to assume that because this is a full House rewatch Clouse podcast, right right, right, Okay, we had a ninth season where did we leave off?
Speaker 1: Michelle fell off a horse, Michelle's in a coma that terrible, terrible finale. So I think for season nine, I would want to see Kimmy and DJ go to college, right because I think we were seniors in high school, graduated eight, so we would go to college and there would be shenanigans at college. I don't know, but Jim, you only got into Clown College, So I don't know if they would have ended up at the same college. Kimmy would have found her way, She would have found her way, would have found her California University or whatever wherever DJ went. I also would be curious to see if they would have married off all of the guys on the show, Like, so, Jesse married Becky, but what if Danny had married Vicky and.
Speaker 2: Joey broke up before the end of the show, did.
Speaker 1: Which I hated. Yeah, I thought they should have stayed together. I loved her. I loved them together. Do you disagree? I see a look on your face.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Bob didn't love that relationship, but true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the fans did. The fans loved that relationship. Fans did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I would have seen, like Dan, I feel like that would have been kind of like a completion, you know what I mean. Likedj is off to college, Danny has remarried, and maybe that's when we see Jesse and Becky move out right and Joey moved like I feel like the final season would have been kind of everybody buttoning up what was next for them, and and the winding down of the need for these three guys to have moved in with these three girls, Like at that point, it's that's kind of the next step is that, you know, everyone's dispersing. So I think that would have been what I would have liked to have seen in in the ninth season of Full House.
Speaker 1: It would have been a tidier ending, for sure than the amnesia horse coma.
Speaker 2: Few I didn't realize you said horse and I was like, wow, no.
Speaker 1: I that was season one Jesse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the horse is all over the place. Uh no, uh yeah, I think that's what I Yeah, that's what I would have seen. Or we just the entire ninth season is a dream sequence of Michelle and she just wakes up at the end of it, but it's like ten years later.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, so it's like a flash forward or uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the end, like the last episode is just like Michelle wakes up, like you know, you got it, dude, And she wakes up and then we just see she's an adult and like yeah, and we're like whoa, my god, she's lost ten years of her life.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, just maybe that's kind of that's a little dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, that's pretty see again, this is why, this is why I don't watch sitcoms, because it's like you a turn of dark. Really, then they died?
Speaker 1: What if none of this was really?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: What if it was all in their imagination?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I get a little weird with things, but that track, that's how I would like to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, we're onto our last question, our last question. Yes, did the producers ever ask you for input on your characters or any storylines when you were younger and do you wish your character had a certain storyline on the show.
Speaker 2: They they asked me some things like in regards to like stuff dancing and things like that, Like that was all stuff that they that they included because that was stuff that was actually going on with me. That was stuff like Jeff kind of mined for in my real life. But again, because Kimmy was almost like a caricature, it was very hard for you to play anything real that was happening in your life because Kimmy sort of didn't have that dimensionality.
Speaker 1: To her, right, she didn't have that depth to her. So yeah, I think that's the difference is that I was the comic relief, so you don't really need you don't really need input on storylines for that. The only time I asked me was the Telethon episode. Again, going back to the Telethon episode, they said do you have any special skills? And I said, well, I can ride a unicycle and Jeff was like what, yeah, and I'm like, yeah. My mother thought it was a good idea one summer to put me in unicycle class for a summer activity. And he was thrilled.
Speaker 2: He was like, we're going to write this into the show.
Speaker 1: You can ride a unicycle. So really it really did pay off.
Speaker 2: It did. I'm so glad that your mom put you in that unicycle class because I thought it was amazing. Like, riding a unicycle is super hard.
Speaker 1: It is, Oh, it's yeah, it takes it takes a whole it's a lot of Yeah, it's a lot of corner balance, a lot of confidence. You can't you can't be, you can't hesitate. If you're going to get on a unicycle. You gotta just go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, not not anymore. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I recently got that unicycle back. It was it's been in my parents' garage for thirty something years and my brother now lives. My brother Justin lives in that house now. And he was like, we're cleaning out the garage. Do you want this unicycle? And I was like, yes, yes, I give it back to me.
Speaker 2: So I haven't Now You're going to spend this summer relearning how to ride the unicycle.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Yep, I can't wait. I'm there videoing all of it. So yeah, especially a special episode of how Rude, special episode of Howard tan Rito's Aby does the unicycle again?
Speaker 1: Abe breaks her leg in a twist, A b breaks her Like not, Jodie, We will will, Pad will be.
Speaker 2: You'll be very well padded and maybe we can get a unicycle that's not super tall so that the distance between you and the ground isn't as bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's in, you know, because.
Speaker 2: That's really what at a certain age, you go, I can't fall that far without he's seriously damaging things when you're kidding bounce.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a I'm a forty seven year old woman. My bones are a little more brittle now than they have the.
Speaker 2: Bones for it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, as far as as far as certain any storylines, I wish I had had. I mean I always say I wish I had more of like the Sweet Sixteen where I got to show emotion, like a different dimension to Kimmy. I always wish I had more of those. But I also wish she had like more of a long term boyfriend like DJ had Steve Right and I had I had Dwayne for a few whatever. You know, I hadn't aid you.
Speaker 2: Could have had with Kimmy Gibler's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I wish he had lasted more seasons. Like I wish I'd had Dane as a permanent boyfriend for like two or three seasons. That would have been That would have been great. We would have had so much fun with those two characters. So, yeah, you got to pay those recurring characters more. So that's probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more people you started adding into the game. We already had seventeen thousand people in the cast, and.
Speaker 1: The house was very full. Yeah, the house was full.
Speaker 2: With no more right, no more room, with no more room, not even for sort of temporary people. Yeah, it's just nothing. Yeah, we had to get rid of Vicky. She was just one person too many. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: She had to go. So yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think of any storylines that I wish Steph would have had. I kind of like aft. I feel like after well, no, we had we had Gia. I was like Steph always kind of like friend hopped a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you needed a Kimmy gibbler.
Speaker 2: I did need a Kimmy gibbler. Well, after Harry betrayed me?
Speaker 1: How rude?
Speaker 2: Give him?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it was a while until Steph, until Steph found Gia. And even when Steph found Gia, that wasn't a great influence.
Speaker 1: Wasn't nobody was thrilled.
Speaker 2: Uh, Steph was because she was like, this is gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: But were you wait when the show ended, was Stephanie in middle school or starting high school?
Speaker 2: Step was in Well, I was in eighth grade, so we were in eighth I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, so that's middle like ending middle school.
Speaker 2: I think I was because on the show I was what grade I actually would have been, So I think on the show I was in seventh grade, so middle Yeah, middle school?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we didn't get to see Stephanie in her high school years.
Speaker 2: No, we did not. Yeah, stephan her high school years would have been kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: But did you did you have a boyfriend on that? I don't think you ever really had a boyfriend on the show. That would have been there.
Speaker 2: Was uh, there was Brett, Brett, the Brett in the baseball episode where I had to uh pitch and strike him out.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't remember this episode. Oh yeah, where I.
Speaker 2: Had learned to become a pitcher in like two weeks and they were like, hey, guess what, Steph's going to be a picture now, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's worse than the guitar, right.
Speaker 2: So you might have you might as well have had me pitching and playing guitar at the same time. But at least I am like a little tiny bit athletic, so like I sort of was able to pick up on it. And it wasn't like I had to be a pro or anything. I was, you know, an eight year old baseball player or ten or whatever. But yeah, I do I remember wearing my little giant's outfit and having to strike out Brett, my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to see that one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I think that I think those I think I don't know what the question was, It's what I think. I don't remember what the question was that we've now. Yeah, all I can think is Brett Brett, Brett Brett, because that was one thing that that Steph did I know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I've I've now. I'm like, oh, I've reached the one hour mark. My brain is like I'm done. I left.
Speaker 1: So yes, but these were great questions. Like our fans always deliver the best questions.
Speaker 2: How much thought they put into the questions. They're always really interesting and much more in depth questions then I would even think to ask. So I appreciate different.
Speaker 1: They're not the same questions we get at every media.
Speaker 2: No, no, they're not different questions I love and they yeah, and they definitely make me think.
Speaker 1: So well done, Fantos.
Speaker 2: Well done, Fantos. Thank you so much for joining us for another fun episode. This one was our fun Q and a episode brought to you by Hyundai and we love our fan Ritos, so thank you for joining us for another episode. If you want to follow us in the meantime on Instagram, you can check us out at how Rude podcast. You can also email us at how Rudepodcast at gmail dot com, and then, of course make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast where you're listening to it so that you can get all the newest episodes as soon as they get released every week. So thank you everybody for your fabulous questions. There will be more coming up, so make sure you're following us and emailing us your questions so that you can get them in for next time. And remember, everybody, the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 1: Nailed it, and it sounds it sounds better, it sounds right again. Everything is right in the world again.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was just a weird little time warp that we went into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're back on track, so.
Speaker 2: Well that's not saying much. Yay.