Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome into Betting Pros and today we are going to talk some baseball. I'm your host, Joe Rico, joined today by Chris Welsh and Scott Bogman. And as long as I've known these two gentlemen, I don't think I've ever hosted to both of them on the same show before. So this should be very, very interesting. We're gonna talk some Major League futures. We have just shy of two months to go in the season and there's still some bets to place. There is still money to be made, so today we're gonna break it down for you in a number of different categories. Boys, this should be a lot of fun. Well, she how much has the landscape changed since the last time you were thinking about MLB futures here on the Betting Pros podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's trade. It's changed pretty significant, I think. I mean, I mean even the last one was a little bit wonky and like, you know, you're starting to get injuries and stuff. But I mean we're gonna talk about it. But like the Red Sox, you know, the last time we did this, it was like, oh, the lowly little Red Sox, and then now we're looking in and it's like they're a really viable contender. But while things aren't definitive, I think there's some markets that are just kind of set, you know, like especially if you look about like rewards and stuff like that. I think, like summer set, there's still a few spots that are open. But you know, the biggest landscape changes have been that like the uh the what is it not? The Rookie of the Years, but the nl MVP has really opened up. That's kind of a new thing. And then the World Series has like one big definitive push now after the trade deadline. So yeah, I mean, I do think the landscape where there is a little bit more definition in the things that were locked, you know, the Mizerowskis and the Kevin mcgonagall's of the world, a few other things have opened up for some pretty nice opportunities, and the Red Sox being one of them as well. I mean, how do we been smart enough a month ago to talk about and have the foresight of that garbage Red Sox team at that time to have said, hey, you should you know, bet them to make the playoffs That was probably like five or six to one at that time. So that would have probably been if we were looking at like the biggest market movers would have been that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bogs, I think it's thirty wins in their last thirty five games for the Red Sox. What do you make of them in about the futures market in general? How much has the landscape changed here over the last month in your eyes?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's really stupid that we didn't know that the Red Sox were going to have their longest win streak in franchise history for a team that's lasted a million years here underable Yeah, yeah, shame on us. How could we not see that coming? But everything that the well said is correct, right, Like, there are some loopholes that close completely in the futures market the longer you wait, and some open back up. The MVP race in the NL is open back up. I feel like even maybe the NL Rookie of the Year has opened back up with Seal Stewart having a massive year or a massive like last month as well. So you know, things change, some things get worse, some things get better, and we're here to talk about it.
Speaker 2: We are going to be breaking it all down and we are going to start with the biggest team futures market movers, Bogs. We're going to kick it back to you and we're going to talk to Milwaukee Brewers. Now, it's not every day you see the World Series line for a team that is currently the best team in Major League Baseball at eight to one, seems like a pretty good number.
Speaker 4: Though. Yeah. Look, I know that we're limiting Mizerowski's innings or starts or however we're doing it at this point pitch pitches. But this is still the best team in baseball right now. And they added a little bit at the break as well by getting Dustin May, probably not as much as we wanted. We know that they were in on Trek's schooble, but it didn't work out. So the bullpens still a little shaky. I do like them adding Sensatela just get him out of Colorado. But you know they're getting a little healthier as well, and you know, Cherio's all the way back. So I just I think that this team is really good, and I think eight to one for the best record in the in baseball right now is a little ridiculous. I know it's the Dodgers, you know, show to lose and all of that, but they've lost six in a row. They are stagnant right now, and the Brewers are still winning games. So Brewers at eight to one, like you said, I just don't think you're gonna get a market like this in many seasons. So that's why I like the man. Eight to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the highest pitching war of any team in baseball a top ten lineup to go along with it. Dustin May's first start went very well since it tell us should be a good addition. As much as I wanted them to make, the Schooble package still feels like a pretty good number. Welsh, what do you think about the Brewers as a World Series bet to make?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Well, and I'll tell you this, bagman. How about we take what you had and let's give you better numbers. Because if you go over to betting Pros and you check out the MLB odds page, you can see the odds across all the books that are out there, and the best odds you can get are actually ten to one. So you were selling yourself a little bit short that you can get ten to one. I think this is a fine one. I think the Dodgers side of it is the really interesting one. The Dodgers have actually added a little bit more on the plus side. They were I think like plus one p thirty was the best odds I saw a couple of days ago, right up to the trade deadline. I think then, is we're recording this. They had lost six straight, you know, Schooble's first start, they got the loss. They're now pushing on the betting pros future market here at like uh plus, like plus one seventy. I'm seeing like plus one sixty one fifty in a lot of different places.
Speaker 1: So like, if that.
Speaker 3: Ends up pushing to two to one, that's kind of interesting, But that also just shows this really big gap that's available. It's almost like it's a Dodgers versus the world and if you're gonna bet against or for someone else. I do like the Brewers in this. I wish they we'd have done more. I think they're kind of the I'm gonna say that they're like the NL version of the Red Sox, except they were never garbage, you know what I'm saying. Like you look at the team and on paper, you don't quite vibe when you look at the line, it's great, Like Misarowski is obviously like a high end guy, but when you look across the board, you're like, man, if you were to stack their lineup paper for paper against the Dodgers or I think the Phillies are a sneaky team that's floating out there. They just don't quite fit on paper, but they just do it. It's like the collective pieces. They get the wins, you know, regardless of the Dodgers getting all their Infinity Stones. You know, the Brewers are Captain America and they're getting molnear and they're just still making it happen. But like, just on paper doesn't feel great. But I think this is great at ten to one for the Brewers. If you want to play that for a World Series, bet I'm totally down with that. If you are on the everybody or anybody but the Dodgers side, this is this would be the place I would be going.
Speaker 2: Well, I am certainly on the anybody but the Dodgers side, but I won't get into that because then we'll end up being here all day long. Well, she you want to talk about the Cleveland Guardians who were kind of surprised buyers In my mind at the deadline, maybe they were always going to be buyers, but they went out and got Jodell, they went out and got Nathaniel Lowe, and you are And actually I forgot the biggest one. Foster Griffin saw a young contender in the National League. So what does your bet look.
Speaker 1: Like here for the Cleveland Guardians going forward?
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you this, My bet doesn't feel super great after the last two days. So I'm gonna give be a cavegat to that. The Guardians two nights ago, as recording this, had an opportunity. They went to extra innings.
Speaker 1: They blew it.
Speaker 3: Today, Foster, as we're recording this, Foster Griffin had his start, didn't look good and they got kind of slacked by the Mets. Again. That's not gonna move me off. If anything, that's actually probably going to give me. I'm going to take a look here on on bidding pros for division winners and see if I got any better odds after losing to the Mets, because I want to say, no, it's about the same, just a little bit of a change, But I like the Cleveland Guardians as a division winner. I'd originally written this down as plus two forty. It's now moved to about two seventy, so you are seeing a little bit of movement. Maybe that's even gonna go a little bit more as the Mets have taken a couple of those games. But when you're looking at strength of schedule, which is comparing like you know, winning percentages of teams and how they fared this season to what's left, Guardians have the easiest strength of schedule the rest of the season. Now the White Socks aren't that much further down because this division is the thing that stinks and kind of helps in why it's a really high strength of schedule. But you know, the White Sox are still around three. They're gonna be anywhere from three to four games. As you're listening to this above, I just don't think like the moves that they made that like, is this sustainable for two more months?
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it's not.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 3: But I like the move that the Guardians made. I thought Joey Dell was a great move. I like them getting rotation help. Like I still see them as kind of a complete ish team, and I think they're going to make a really really good stand at this division. It looks really poorous right now, but I think it's going to be extra opportunity because these couple games here are going to get us that, you know, two seventy or maybe three to one or something like that, and they're still within h They're still within grounds to be able to pull this. So this division is still wide open. There's still too much time. This team always does it. Get a healthy Jose Ramirez, get some of those new pieces, and close to three to one for the Guardians to take this division over the White Sox is a smash to me. So this is the one I'm going to be jumping in on the future, whether it's you know, we're like, I love World Series bets. I think those are like sexy and fun, but this one to me has like high probability, higher probability of cashing than playing the World Series one. So this one is why I picked more of a division winner and I'm all over it.
Speaker 1: So take that, Bogs. We're taking division winners here, not World Series winners. But I got to agree.
Speaker 2: Well, so the Guardians are looking like a really good team, Like looking at their rotation, this is.
Speaker 3: As song as they don't play the Mets.
Speaker 2: They don't play the Mets, which shouldn't happen too too often without looking at the schedule. But Parker Messi Gavin Williams has been a stud can t o byby a little bit iffy. But as you're four and five that you'll take that. Foster Griffin is a nice addition. You got arguably the best relief pitcher in all of baseball, and Kid Smith you helped out the lineup, so I got to co sign this one. I really like the guardians there. Go around, shop it on betting pros and get the best number. And speaking of betting pros, you guys should be checking out our new home run betting tool. Stop guessing on MLB dinger props and head to bettingpros dot com slash homers. Our model calculates a fair price for every hitter on the slate line, shops across major books and prediction markets, and hits you with a clear play, lean or pass grade. Stop betting into bad lines and lock in your home run card today at bettingpros dot com slash homers. All right, gentlemen, let's have some fun and move into the awards futures. We're talking MVP cy Young Rookie of the Year. Whatever you guys like and Bogman, we will kick it to you first.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, I think Welsh and I had a little disagreement about this. We can talk about it here as well, But the NL MVP race is hot right now. Right it's minus one to ten for both show hay and PCA, and I think with voter fatigue, with everybody hating the Dodgers, right if the season ended today, I think PCA would win the MVP over show Hey. Now it looks like show Hayes probably not going to pitch again this season, and if he does, it's going to be very light work, not intent, so I don't think he's going to add much there. The one danger I see in PCA is how unbelievably streaky he has been in his short career. So if he does have a down month, I think it's in oh god, here it is. It's Otani again crushing the ball, because Otani doesn't typically have down months. So uh, that is my one fear. But I think defensively and with what he is doing offensively, that this is it's very very close right now, and I would like to see PCA run him down and win the MVP. So minus one ten I think is very doable here, and then on the Rookie of the Year, give me JJ Weatherholt plus or minus one thirty five. At this point, you know, I think the last time we looked is that like minus one ninety year minus two ten or something like that to when the NL Rookie of the Year. Obviously, south Stewart has had a surge which has brought this back to closely even. But I still think Weatherhole is the best rookie in the National League and we'll win that award. So just a little bit of a buyback in. We don't typically like to do a lot of minuses on futures, but futures now mean eight weeks, not you know, five months, So right now I think these these bets are definitely takable in the futures market.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only downside potentially with PCA is what happened last year is if he does happen to crater down the stretch. And actually just talked about this on an episode of the Fantasy Pros Baseball podcast, that he's just a better hitter than he was last year. He's walker is up, his on base percentages, up one hundred points over last year. He looks like he's gonna blow through home run stolen base totals, and even with Otani pitching and Otani pitching really well when he's been out there, I mean, show Hey doing show Hey things has a one to seven nine era, a point ninety five whip. You add the pitching war and the hitting war, and he's still about a full win shy of what PCA has done. He's just that great on both sides of the ball, and it's hard to argue JJ Weatherholt as well salth Stewart's had a bit of a resurgence, as says weather Hold, because Weatherholds kind of slumped a little bit there in the mid months but has picked things up here. Welsh, any thoughts on either of those bets you feel strongly about Otani versus PCA or weather Hold versus south Stewart.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's just gonna go into my bed as well, so I can just jump in because I'm on the opposite end of the Pete Armstrong one.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: What I will say though is last year, if around this time, if you remember, like ky Rally was going ballistic though he was like slowly starting to fade a little bit on the batting average, you know, the second half struggled. But we're looking at him and we're talking about the MVP race, and one of the biggest pieces against him was the negative defensive rating. So you almost have this this opposite correlation where if we're going to hold the negative defensive rating against the guy that's hitting sixty plus homers and you know, carrying this team, then shouldn't we vault up the positive defensive rating because no one has a better defensive rating out there than Pete Armstrong. It so on fangrafts, it's like a twenty one point five or twenty one point seven highest rating. No one else is in the twenties. And as you mentioned, he's got a seven point eight WARS we're recording this. I had looked it was the day before I had an updated Otani's but he was like a combined six point four over three bottom line though over three wins above replacement as a hitter and a pitcher. But I'm on the opposite ends because when do you possibly get an even money or a minus one oh five on Shohiotani.
Speaker 1: You never see it.
Speaker 3: The only time you could see it is before the season starts. So to me, this is a just like an incredible opportunity to jump on this. I mean, I think even if he doesn't hit or it doesn't hitch the rest of the way, you're gonna go and look at him as a hitter, and you're gonna see you know, probably close to like one hundred hundred keep it three hundred batting average, thirty homers. Like he's not quite the same version we've seen with all the big stolen bases, but the Dodgers have been faltering and he's the guy that has been carrying this team. But you have to still consider even if he doesn't pitch the rest of the way through that this was a three plus win war pitcher. He was one of the best pitchers in the first half, and I think that's going to carry in and because of the Dodgers' failure, you're gonna look at who is the most valuable for their team, and I think that actually works well for shoheal Tani. It's also kind of a there's a public you know, like perception to it where it's like Otani is just like just such a great player doing both sides continuously being both sides? How do you not give him that award? But I'm open to this being super close. If Peter Armstrong continues at his run, it's gonna be a really tough argument against. If he's a three hundred hitter, probably gonna fall short of the RBI marker. But if he's like thirty five thirty five with an eight War nine war, like, how are we gonna ignore that with the defensive ratings? And if the Cubs make, you know, like a really big statement. So I think this could be close. But for me, this is just honed in on, like when do you ever see this for Otani that I would jump on this because I think there's just such a great, great pull for him to take this really no matter what the rest looks like statistically the rest of the way through. And I didn't really have anything on anything else, though, I would say with sal Stewart, I was tempted, and I think he's a guy because I do this all the time. I just like talk about World War War when it comes to MVP awards or any type of award. But I think it matters. Sal Stewart is so far behind JJ Weatherholt from a wins above replacement standpoint, JJ is a top ten hitter in baseball over four. I think salth Stewart's still at like one point nine, or he'll be at two. But this is an instance where you might categorically look and go, can we really not give it to a thirty home run high batting average maybe leads the league an RBI rookie. I think he really could make a really big play for it, But the problem is is he's like minus money now, so I don't really want to do anything with either one of those. I think weather Holt kind of like the Otani thing is a little bit sneaky because he looks like the favorite still, but I just don't want to touch it because I think it's gotten too messy over there, and I think south Stewart is going to really really buy for it. But I'm Otani, MVP, Boggs is PCA. It's going to be really fun race the rest of the way through.
Speaker 4: I really love the point that you made about like, hey, look, when are we going to get these good of odds on show? Hey again?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: I think that is the best point you can make if you're pointing out why you should be invested in show. Hey, I would say, like, just get invested in one of them. Pick the side that you like the best, because I think the numbers are good for both. For either of them, obviously only one will win, even though that's minus money. But like, if PCA is still good through the end stretch, has a higher war and doesn't beat Otani, we can just officially say that defense does not matter for the MVP award, just making it, just making an offensive ward because it's Dan because he was bad and then PCA was good and they don't give it to him, So what do.
Speaker 3: We Yeah, I think one of the things you get a factor though, too, is like if he does stuff, if he does get back in pitch, like.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming prognosticated.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, we're future casting that he just will not pitch at all. But then all of a sudden he pitches through September getting for the playoffs and carries this team and fights off and fins off. I mean, it's going to catch him, but you fend off the Podres and you continue rolling and you catch up with the Brewers. Like that's that's something that's on the table that will just completely decimate any of the defensive rating that Pete Crow does or anything like that. Is that he pitches for a final month and then all of a sudden it's like, oh, yeah, by the way, it's the best player.
Speaker 1: Like in the war, the war.
Speaker 4: Will be much closer to if and it just won't yeah if show he pitches, so yeah.
Speaker 2: I think show Hay also has public favor on his side over PCA. He is the boy wonder. Everybody loves show Hey. MLB posts about him every chance they get, and I think there is a little bit more of a negative spin with PC eight. How much that impacts the writers and the voters, that's up to you to decide. But something else, well, it's up to the writers, it's up to the right.
Speaker 3: That's that's the thing. This isn't like a system play. This isn't like AI is going to just put it into a thing, scramble it out and throw it out to us. These are like people that are going to have their public perceptions.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a cup.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to interrupt you, by the way, but like to your point, these are going to be We've seen guys in like Hall of Fame voting who was it wasn't like Levitard that was famous for like not putting anybody on it, taking a mockery of it, yeah, sold it or whatever. So it's like they're going to just have their perception. You might not be able to change anybody's mind right now. It doesn't matter what statistically happens. There might be people that are pissed off about Pete crow Armstrong and maybe some unlikability or yelling, you know, in that situation he had early on. But there also might be some people with a tany that still float around, like passing was doing all these reports about you know, the epay stuff and the gambling stuff still floats around. But there's the human element of it muddies it. And if you do have one that has more of a negative connotation, that can work against them. And that is peak ro Armstrong. Weirdly, because I don't have any issue with I don't know what people are like so weird about him, but there are really people that just do not like him, and that's something that could carry over in this. You know, I say public, it's not public, but it's like writers, writers putting in the vote.
Speaker 2: One thing I'd say too is just keep locked into betting pros over the next couple weeks, and there's a decent chance that these odds get swayed ever so slightly by a hot show hey game, or PCA hits two homers and steals a base it makes a great play in center field, and you might be able to get both at plus money at some point over the next couple of weeks if those odds are shifting up and down a little bit. So is just something to keep an eye on over on Betting Pros. We're going to keep it going in just a second, but first I want to remind you guys about our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Some fans call this the slow period. There's no hockey on, there's no basketball. Football is just slowly ramping up. But here at hard Rock Bet, we call it baseball season. And this summer, hard Rock Bet has the hottest betting odds in Florida. They're introduced in the ten cent summer sale, big juice fee, whatever you call it. We're cutting our cut on winners spreads and over under pregame baseball bets. There's the same bets as ever, but better odds. If you're ready to step into the batter's box. Sign up with hard Rock Bet today in place a five dollars bet. If it wins, you get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets on top of your winnings. That's right next, one hundred and fifty into your account and sure. Hard Rock Bet is Florida's only legal sportsbook, but you don't have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So grab your bat and swing for the fences all August long during hard Rock Bets ten cent Summer Sale, Download the hard Rock Bet app today and roll with us. Payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital, LLC.
Speaker 1: In all other states.
Speaker 2: Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one a three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia, call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler. All right, let's shift now to post trade deadline strategy. How does the trade deadline impact our bets? We're gonna hear about that in a second. From Bogs, we're gonna talk about the Seattle Mariners. What do you expect to happen with them over the final couple months of the season.
Speaker 4: Bugs, Yeah, look this the AL West is wide open right now, a lot like the NL Central that we just are, the AL Central that we just mentioned with the Guardians and the White Sox. Like you know, the Twins are in there. Everybody except the Royals are within four and a half games with the White Sox, so it's all very doable. In the West. The Astros are leading by a game and a half up on Texas or two and a half up on the Mariners, and the Minnors still have a losing record of fifty six and fifty nine and they didn't do a ton at the deadline, but they did more than Texas. Texas sold, So I think this is a two horse race between the Astros and the Mariners, and I think if you get into the playoffs, the Mariners are gonna be one of the teams to beat in the AL because of this pitching staff. Right You're gonna add Kate Anderson in here within the next week or two or so or whatever it is, so he's gonna be in this rotation. You're gonna have wu Miller, Gilbert, and you did add Ward at the end of this. Maybe Cal Rowley can get something back together. I just really like this pitching staff in the playoffs, and they're ten to one to win the AL right now. So maybe you get in there and you get beat down by the Dodgers. Maybe you get in there and get beat down by someone from the NL. But they were, you know, a couple outs away from getting to the World Series last year. So I do think that this team has experienced through the playoffs. They have a very good pitching staff, and I think they can get through the playoff rung. If they can get there, that is a big if, but it's very doable in this division because this division, no one has pulled away and no one made any major game breaking moves. You know, the Astros adding varshow is nice, But is that does that shift all the odds towards the Astros? I would not say so. So Seattle will make make it to the World Series win the al at plus one thousand is a bet that I like, if it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't for a George Springer home run that I was there to witness last year, then Seattle would have been the team that probably would have beat the Dodgers in the World is because that's just the way things work. Well, So you're also looking at a futures bet in the American League and it's a team that we mentioned earlier on in this show.
Speaker 1: Let's hear about the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and this is like floating a little bit around, like the concept of what you were talking about. You're like the trade deadline, what's the aftermath in the betting strategy? I think one of the most interesting things because the Seattle one is interesting to Bogmin's point, because like, no one really did anything, so there's still this wide open market. So if I were to give it a narrative, I would say that no one did anything of significance that I think it makes that open for them. Now that bet is to win the entire AAL. The division might be an interesting play, but I'm going in the same direction and I'm going to get worse ods. But I think if we want to look at the aftermath of the trade deadline, what is the biggest impact that happened, how about the Boston Red Sox. It's not necessarily the trade deadline, by the way, and more of the path of them winning games. But the last time we did this show, twenty to one, thirty to one or something like that to win the AL, I mean was astronomically ridiculous. You're now looking at around five and a half to six to one for the Red Sox to take the AL as a whole, and I think that's an interesting bet. It's risky in that, like you know, this team again coming back to it, like on paper, it just looks weird. But I just don't think there's a stranglehold in the AL. And that's the thing that I kind of keep coming back to. I mean, in the NL, it's tricky because it's like Dodgers and Milwaukee have been crazy. Like I'll be honest with you, one I would kind of float out as the Phillies. I still think the Phillies are a dangerous team and they're like, you know, around ten to one to come out of the NL and go to the World Series. But you know, I don't think New York is a complete team. I don't think Tampa. I mean, Tampa is just they're kind of like the Milwaukee of the AL. They're just like this cool group that works really well. I don't think they're this dominantly crazy big team. And then it's a Boston Red Sox who also don't have that, but they've got momentum. They're adding ADLEI Ritchman, They've got their bats that are hot. They're starting to hit for power, and just what if if Garrett Crochet does come back, because he starts to he's starting to throw and starting to warm up, and what if that happens into the playoffs. They've already got a great rotation, they've got an absolute shutdown closer, and they've got bats that are live. They've got that momentum. So you know, five and a half, if I'm going to play something like this. You know, I would love a little bit better odds, but I do think the Red Sox are not just like on paper, the hottest team, but I think they're the most dangerous team in the AL right now because they have every facet clicking for them. Can you keep doing that for two or three more months? That'll be the big question. But I don't think these odds are going to get much better unless they go into a huge losing streak. So I'll take that five and a half or six to one for Boston to come out of the AL and surprise everybody.
Speaker 1: I have to totally co sign this, which you guys can see.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a blue Jay's had. It hurts me dearly to co sign a Boston Red Sox futures bet. But it's hard to argue they are on all cyllolders firing right now. The lineup looks great. Rotation is really really solid, even if Garrett Crochet doesn't come back. But I heard a report the other day that he'd started a throwing progression, so you might get Garrett Crochet back for a few stars. They added Eric Miller in the bullpen, and in the long run, does that work out with Marcello Meher in San Francisco. Who knows, but Miller's a good arm to have, another lefty, high leverage arm to have for the stretch. And another point here that was made to me the other day looking back in twenty twenty five, George Springer came out of nowhere had the third highest WRC plus and baseball amazing season. This year, who has the third highest WRC plus and baseball? It's Wilson Contrera's. They have their own version of George Springer this year, the veteran righty bat who just goes nuclear for a season. The only guys who have better offensive seasons this year are Wan Soto and Jordan Alvarez. So I could see the Red Sox making a deep run going all the way to the World Series here if they keep this up, and I kind of expect them to a couple more bets we are going to get to in a second. But first I want to remind you guys about the betting pros discord. Futures markets move fast after the deadline. You do not want to be betting in a silo. Joined the betting pros discord completely free. Not only can you connect with expert handicappers who provide free picks for NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL player props, live betting, and more. But now you can also participate in our weekly community picks. You can cast your vote, see how your pick stack up against the experts, and track your success. Join the conversation right now for free at bettingpros dot com slash chat. Before we get out of here, we want to hit you on some bets that will be gone pretty soon. You gotta bet these in the next couple of days to get the value and bogs.
Speaker 1: We're going to start with you and the Los Angeles Angels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about the Angels to have the worst record in baseball at plus one thirty five. I like these kind of bets because the Rockies, Like, look, the Rockies didn't trade away a lot of that offense, so they're bad right now, but I think they're gonna be a little bit better. The Mets still only have fifty wins. The Angels are sitting here at forty four and seventy one, though, and they traded Soriano Adele Zephyr jan Yate silseth OHOPI like they traded away a lot of pieces from this team, and I think it would behoove them to fall down to the bottom to get those high draft picks as well. So, uh, plus one thirty five for the Angels to have the worst record, boys, I mean, is there a strong argument against it? Would be my question for me.
Speaker 2: They're the worst.
Speaker 3: They're the worst right now. Yeah, we're recording this. They're the worst team in baseball, and I don't see them getting much better. So that this is an interesting market that you pick. I'd love to play better odds on something like that. But here's the fun reason why at any plus money you could do that. It's a two horse race. It is two teams. So if you're getting plus money and it is just two teams going at it, like, I don't think that's the worst.
Speaker 4: I think it might be three teams are pretty bad too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I suppose, like another run, I mean, the Kurtz comes back, I suppose I guess I see this dominantly as a two horse right. Well, I mean, you're not making yourself anymore, but but but I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why the odds aren't like plus four hundred or something, because it is you know, it's plus one thirty five.
Speaker 2: That's all so looking at it, the Rockies, surprisingly this year offensively have been pretty good. I mean, they have the fifth highest OPS in all of baseball. If you look at WRC plus, it kills them.
Speaker 1: They get they get screwed.
Speaker 2: Being at course, I think a little bit too much with w RC plus and they're like twenty eighth in baseball, but they have the fifth highest OPS. So I think the pitching is obviously bad. But the Angels they don't have the hitting or the pitching side covered. So I like this bet a lot. The Angels are a dumpster fire. For Mike Trout's sake, I wish that he would get out of there, but apparently he doesn't even want to get out of.
Speaker 1: There, so maybe this is all what he wants.
Speaker 2: We're gonna wrap it up with one more bet here. We're gonna look at home run leaders and we're gonna come down to the wire here for the home run lead in Major League Baseball. Jordan Alvarez is number one to thirty five. And then you have three names tied for second of thirty three. It's Hunter Goodman, Junior Cameronaro, and then Kyle Schwarber, which is where.
Speaker 1: Wels is gonna be heading here.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm gonna go with schwarbz that you're getting around two and a half to one. Schwarber's two behind order on Alvarez. He's doing it with a significantly low batting average, which, by the way, could be the reason why that you don't want to take this because Alvarez is hitting ninety points higher, but he's hitting ninety points higher with two more home runs. Kyle Schwarber is an absolute beast. I think this Phillies team is gonna make a nice little run here. I think he's going to continue to carry He's doing this right now. He's too off with a big struggle. He hit thirty two homers in the first half. Since the post All Star break, he's only hitting one fifty four. I do not think that is going to continue. Not that he's a big, strong second half guy. The last two years he's hit like two thirty two to forty in the second half, but I think the homers are going to come in huge bunches, and it just takes a little tiny run for him to get to where Alvarez is at. ISO is closing into the three hundreds, and again I would just point it out that like he's been able to do this with a subbish par batting average versus where your Dona is. Jordne is a freak, He's a superhero. But like I can see Jordan finishing forty forty two somewhere like that. Also, not to dismiss Junior Camenio. Junior Cameronaro has been fantastic with another ki contact hitter. But Schwarber does one thing, and he does one thing great and it's hit bombs. And I think Schwarber still has an opportunity after thirty two in the first half to finish this year with fifty plus home runs, so that I'm getting around two and a half odds on that for him to lead the league in I love that bet. So that's going to be my big prop that I'm going to lock into as we come to a close on the season.
Speaker 2: It looks like a pretty good bet to make. If you look back over the last four seasons, the only person who has more homers than Kyle Schwarber is Aaron Judge and the guy right behind him is show Heyo Tani. So yeah, I'd say that's a pretty decent company to be at. He just keeps chugging into his thirties. Kyle Schwarber, I wonder if we'll see him hit five hundred, and something tells me that we will. But what do you guys think? Let us know down below. What are your bets going forward? Do you like our futures? Do you want to fade them? Let us know in the comments section. And by the way, if you like Baseball Talk, you can find all three of us over on the Baseball Podcast, so make sure you guys are checking that one out. But subscribe to Betting Pros and make sure you guys are checking it out. For Scott Bogman and Chris Welsh, I'm Joe Rica. We'll talk you next time right here on the Betting Pros podcast.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL. Also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros