Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous people. It is La La Kent with Randall and this is Give Them La La with Randall the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, finally you fucking remember my name. I gotta stop.
Speaker 1: Cursing, babe. We got we had notes, but said that you cursed too much.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. By the way, I got a note from the studio that says I say the F wort too much. So the goal in this podcast I've already failed is to not curse, so I am gonna wor up. My mother raised me to not curse. She is very disappointed, so I'm not going to curse anything.
Speaker 1: When when you read the email to out loud to me and it was like, hey, just a few notes like don't curse as much and we were gonna listen to the episode we did with Jackson Britt, I was like, oh no, I cursed too much. And then it ended up being you saying the F word the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I felt Yeah. When I saw the only note was to me, I actually thought I was getting cut for the podcast again. But I made it to episode three, so I'm excited. I'm here still.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you're such a rookie that you have your phone on right now.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's with Randall. That's why I'm not a give them lalla. I'm on the sidekick.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Turn the damn phone off.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did. I just want to tell you that we we and it is important because we're sitting here now twenty four hours back from Sundance, and I am so proud of you. You crushed it. You had the premiere of your movie, and I think you should talk about that because that was your first time ever having a premiere at Sundance, and I was so moved and so excited for you, as like a kid in a candy shop. So why don't you tell everybody about that?
Speaker 1: The experience in Sundance was absolutely amazing. I've been going there for so many years when I lived in Utah, and I would like pass out goodie bags or like serve drinks.
Speaker 2: You were, but I mean explain to people like you were like five dollars six dollars an hour? You know, yeah, no, had a party, your help.
Speaker 1: We're not making mad money. I mean if you were making two hundred dollars for the night, you were like, oh my gosh, I'm rich. But it was amazing and not only was the experience great, when I went to the premiere of the film Spree, it was just unbelievable. It was a great no.
Speaker 2: And I'll just when I say like, because I know, because look, I started as an assistant. I worked, you know, all these odd jobs to get you know, come up and babe and try to you know, become you know, in the business and become successful. And you've done the same thing, and I don't think people really understand, like you fit modeled and you worked, you know, hosting gigs and all that stuff. For you to show up on a red carpet at the Sundance Film Festival, it's got to be pretty. I mean, I know what it meant to you. But I mean I think people, you know, don't realize how epic that one moment is when you get it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like when you sit there and you've been thinking about something your entire life, and you know, things didn't always.
Speaker 3: Go my way.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm so grateful for vander pump roles, but you have to understand, as a kid, like I was never thinking I want to do reality TV, right, and when I signed on to vander Pump, I never wanted to lose the vision of wanting to become an actress and working on my craft. Of course, So to go back to my home state to a film festival that I've been going to for years and actually have a film, it was surreal.
Speaker 2: And what I what I love about vander Pomp and I think people know this probably is that it's it's been such a springboard for you. It's given you so many cool opportunities, and it continues. So I think that's cool, you know, And then.
Speaker 1: So you get to like turn I love you vander Pump Rules plug.
Speaker 2: Lisa Vanner Pump. No, but I think I think it's cool. I think you get to do reality, you get to go do your acting. Well.
Speaker 1: If someone asked me that rand when when I was doing press, they were like, so are you thinking like you're just going to focus on acting and not do vander Pump. I'm like, we live in a world where you can do it all. Like I'm not canceling anything out. I love acting and I love doing vander Pump Rules. Like, let's rock it all till the wheels fall off.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool. And now we're here working together.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about one thing. Because I can't not talk about this. We had an amazing sun dance. We're living our best life. We're on the PJ on Sunday, flying from Utah to to Ohio, and we see online that Kobe Bryant has passed away with his daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, and here here's a crazy thing. And this is I mean, obviously everybody in the world has been affected by this. We're on the plane and we get a text, and I mean we see on our thing it says TMZ reports it, and you go into that complete denial, like it's this didn't happen, there's this is bullshit reporting. And then everybody on the plane starts googling. And within eleven minutes, eleven minutes from the time we saw the TMZ, it was everywhere. And that plane ride, that last hour and a half from when we found out it was jaw dropping disbelief, heartbreak, by the way, and I just want to put this out there. I was never a big sports person, you know that, baby, I mean I don't even I barely know, but I mean Kobe Bryant what I've watched, I've gone to a lot of Laker games. I mean, this is this is the icon of the hero of basketball, and even myself tears and heartbreak and emotional and then you and I mean this with love. And I'm sitting right next to you, and I know you gonna get upset. And I'm not laughing. I'm I mean, I have to laugh. I have to find some humor, but there really is none right now. But I watched you all night. You couldn't leave the hotel. See you have tears over your eyes, and I love you and gonna get me upset now, But I watched you all night and and and it's just Kobe Bryant has had the effect on the world that that he's had. You're sitting here with tears in your eyes right now, and that to me shows this is a legend that the world will honor his. And then and then the heartbreak of the other victims. I love. It's okay, I know, and I want to say there are other people. Obviously we know there were, you know, other people on the helicopter. Other families that are I've watched the news with all these different families.
Speaker 1: Alto with his wife and his daughter, but all of the victims of.
Speaker 2: This, of this horrific, horrific, but you can't even process it as somebody like myself who isn't connected to Kobe Bryant in that way as a family member. I feel for for the victims, for the families, for the heartbreak, for the children, and and and and I don't even know what to say. And I'm watching you with tears and ears, but I want to say this, Kobe Bryant and all of the people, but Kobe Bryant, what an effect he has had on me, somebody who's not even a sports person. And I'm gonna let you jump back in here because I want you to. I want you to share your feelings because you shared them with me last night, the last two days. Yesterday, sorry, yesterday, you couldn't really get out of bed. I mean you were laying in Betterson. I'm maybe let's go to dinner. You said, I am really in a dark place right now. That's what you said to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for me, like Kobe Bryant, when when you think about like your first love, when you're a kid, you see someone on TV and you're like, I'm in love with that person. Kobe Bryant was that for me. I was a basketball player up until junior high and like I just wanted to be athletic like him. I thought he was the most fascinating human being. I used to google him twenty four to seven. I knew everything about him. I would make books about him. And I just you know, the night that it happened, or the morning that it happened. That night, I just kept waking up, and you were next to me, and it was just like, I know, baby, it's okay to think about his wife, who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's left behind to be strong up with him again. No, and to be and and her daughter led all.
Speaker 1: These people, but that I can kind of the families lost their sister, their mom and their dad. It's just truly.
Speaker 2: Well, I listen, I listen. I listen to the coach and and and and I listened to the coach who lost his wife and has has I think four kids. And he said, I just don't know how I'm going to go on without without a wife, without a mother for my children. I cannot and I cannot and I and I've shed a lot of tears over this, watching you and myself just emotionally how catastrophic this is. I cannot imagine, uh, what these people, how they're going to pick the pieces up, and I just want to send prayers to each and every one of them, every family member, and to the world and to the world for the compassion that our world has showed these people.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're all getting choked.
Speaker 2: It's uh, it's it's just it's heartbreak. I just want to say that, I just everybody. It seems like the world is coming together over this and and and there's.
Speaker 1: Very like cliche to be like, live every day grateful, but I'm telling you you guys, as someone who has lost a parent, which I'm sure there are many of you who.
Speaker 3: Have had that.
Speaker 1: Sister, just lost a friend, it is earth shattering and for real, you just have to walk this earth with your head held high and be so grateful every day moment. So Kobe Bryant, you will be extremely missed, brother, and your beautiful daughter, and.
Speaker 2: All the families and all the victims families. We just send our love, and everybody listening just take off second and and send your love outside. I'm gonna segue here.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we sege be your note, We're gonna try.
Speaker 2: YEA.
Speaker 1: So we are in Ohio filming a movie called Open Source. We have yours truly, La La Kent. We have Jesse Metcac, we have the infamous Bruce Willis, but we also have the badass of all bad asses. Oh God, Natalie Eva Marie.
Speaker 2: Oh Natalie. Anyway, Natalie. I got to tell you, this is my second movie with Natalie. We did another movie called Inconceivable, and that's where we met. And she is such a talent, first of all, an any woman that's wrestling and could kick any man's ass.
Speaker 1: She's I did my fitting with her, you guys, and as she was like putting her stuff on, I was like, I really need to stop eating Nacho's Belgrande at one in the morning because that bod that she works on twenty four second, she's just a freaking athlete, dude.
Speaker 2: She is. It's so crazy because her Instagram, you know, obviously we're friends with her and we follow her. You know, I get pissed off because I'm like, dude, I'm like chunky monkey and I look at her on this Gram and she's got i mean, like inverted body fat. She's got inverted body fat. I've got extroverted body fat, like I have a six pack. I know what's beneath about the eight and a half pounds of fat on my stomach. But but the thing is, she is like, I mean, I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's she works hard, dude, but hardy.
Speaker 2: Herd is like hard is like you go to the gym and you like I, I flex a few times.
Speaker 1: This bitch tells me she's like squatting two hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what, Yeah, she told us that. By the way, I don't even know what that means because I don't go to the gym. It's obviously clearly looking and I was like, what is a squat No, I know how to get the dunkin donuts about.
Speaker 3: That's a me.
Speaker 2: But listen, listen. I give her respect. But here's the thing. She's gonna bust my balls a little bit because I call her up in panic when my fat role gets to be too much. And I okay with that.
Speaker 1: She said it in the car, bro you don't do anything.
Speaker 3: You don't go to the gym.
Speaker 1: You try to eat healthy like stuff.
Speaker 2: I made plants. Wait, I made baby, I made plans. I made plans with all of you to go to the gym the other day. And here's the thing. I went to the store and I bought all the ship I bought the shoes, the shirts. Look in the other room, I have all the sweatpants.
Speaker 1: I'll show you the shoes. You're wearing those geriatric motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fucking that's hateful. You're pissing me off. Now you're doing that bullshit again. Lalla. Those are those are hookahs or hookahs or hookahs? Those are Yeah, those are professional running shoes. Why don't you get la la right? No, no, no, I want to I'm not letting you get off this point. Listen to me real quick. No, you can't just take a dig and move on. I want to say something about my shoes. Okay, okay, we don't all have to look like a runway model every single day. Sometimes I want to just feel comfortable. So my hookah shoes or hookah wherever they're called, are bad ass, and you should be respectful that I have to walk around a lot on the set and I need comfortable shoes. I am not in a runway model show. And second of all, I have the effort and commitment to work out mentally up here just physically. My body doesn't go to the gym, so Natalie, and you need to back off on this episode and not talking about it.
Speaker 1: I've off for a long time, you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, wait, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Ask me the question, and I want to get these voices.
Speaker 2: We can I ask you a question. What do you think? Don't okay this fucking attitude, I't het. Here's tell me, I am never recording a podcast with you ever again during your time in the month. I swear on myself. Never you think I'm joking, I will not do this again. Now, I want to tell you one thing. I put on my jeans today, but my loose ones, okay, and they became skinny jeans. That's a problem. We have a problem, Houston.
Speaker 1: We have a problem.
Speaker 2: So I'm ready for an intervention in.
Speaker 1: All right, should we podcast your intervention?
Speaker 2: That'd be no, no, no, I'm not looking to go publicitive you think.
Speaker 1: Okay, honey, I'm an alcoholic. An intervention that kind of intervention is like child part right. All right, you guys, we have amazing voicemails. Let's start with number one.
Speaker 4: Hi, Lala, Hi Randall. I'm a huge fan of the show. So my question goes out to both of you. When you guys first late eyes on each other. What was the first thought that came through your mind.
Speaker 2: It's like, let me think about that.
Speaker 1: Remember me when I didn't show you my PMS bitch face, when you've ripped my head off the very first time ever, let.
Speaker 2: Me go back in time. I have to really think.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: I'll definitely sleep another.
Speaker 1: I remember you, Like when I first saw you, you had like your voice is very sexy. I've always said that, and you had the face for radio No, but let's be for real. And then your mannerisms. I was like, this guy has a lot of swag. You always so that white guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you didn't say that.
Speaker 1: No, you had mad swag and you were so sweet to me. And I was like, all right, I need to hit that. And then I hit that.
Speaker 2: Yeah this is what you thought.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think this is nice that. I was like, he's been look is this. I got to hit that, and then I need to bag that. And after we were in separate.
Speaker 2: So your line was I got to hit it and then bag it. Yeah, so that's how you looked at me.
Speaker 1: I got to put in that good good so that I can really you know what that.
Speaker 2: Sounds like what, you're robbing a fucking bank.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it was kind of like, oh, this is so whacked.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right now, I guess that's your what. Well mine was a little different because I'm a romantic. Oh tell me, I saw you, and I I felt a very deep connection to you, and I felt very connected and I didn't want to be away from you. Oh I didn't want to hit it and bag it. I mean, I mean I never ever heard of that. I mean, you know, what, do me a favorite next time, bab when somebody asked something like that, can you just drop both those? Yeah, just say something romantic and then I'll do the next question and I'll start the answer because I'm freaked out right now you want to hit and bag me? I mean it's like hit it and tag it or bag it and tag it. The question is Kai Lala.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan from Connecticut. I was just calling in because I was wondering. I know you and randall got a lot of shit when you first started dating. For your age different and my boyfriend is significantly older, and I was just wondering if you had any advice for dealing with family and friends, which is don't approve it. Again, huge fans of both of you. I'm so happy that Rand's on the show, and so congratulations on your wedding. Thanks.
Speaker 1: This one is a little hard for me because my family always approved, didn't have that issue. I didn't have that. My family's very much like I brought home some sketchy dudes before Rand, and they were like even accepting of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so but yes, I mean, but the truth is your family and I met I remember meeting your family. They were they were as welcoming like they didn't even there was no they didn't even think. There was never a conversation about their age.
Speaker 1: They knew if he's good to you, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: But let me but let me give you my advice because because even though.
Speaker 1: We haven't had parents, we've got a lot of people that I like a lot. I think it's so weird.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, and a lot of people have talk shit. But but here's what I want to say. At the end of the day, in your life, you're gonna put your head down on the pillow with the person you love. And if you're living for other people's opinions, those people obviously have their own issues. And if you love your man the way I assume you do, and you put your head down next to him and that's where you feel the safest, then then you then you do that, and you do you because at the end of your life, you're gonna have a smile on your face and the rest of this.
Speaker 1: They're all going to fall into place, exactly. They're all going to see you happy. And it may take some time, but.
Speaker 2: It eventually goes away. It goes away.
Speaker 1: But if you have your soulmate, the time is worth it.
Speaker 2: And let me say one last thing. People talked a lot of shit, as you guys all know. Baby, I mean, oh.
Speaker 1: He's like your dad, but you didn't that's my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Well, law, you also didn't help the cause with all the bullshit you say. I was like, ooh, daddy, all right, maybe okay, this is the part where I want to make it. Give them laala without Randall.
Speaker 1: No, you're stuck with me, all right, babe.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is that a lot of people said a lot of shit to us, and I think people, over time, we prove them wrong. And I hope that you stick with your boyfriend and whatever people give you.
Speaker 1: Prove them wrong the fling in the world.
Speaker 2: And I agree, and it's it's just you know what, people will fall on line and at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: That's that I am so when they were like, you guys are never gonna make it. He's never going to marry you, and then I was like, that was like this rigged bitch. Okay again, there's still time for him to leave me. We better head to the court house.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do this, because I am so excited that a friend of both of ours and also an incredible actress, an incredible ww superstar.
Speaker 1: Great actress everything, our friend, a sober sister of.
Speaker 2: Mine, sober sister of yours, our friend Natalie Eva.
Speaker 6: Natalie Eva Maria.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: We knew right off the bat. I was like, we're having Eva do this because you're a freaking badass. You're like what you're like wrestling? Then I've read that you like played soccer. Your body's banging like no.
Speaker 3: I can't no hold on man.
Speaker 7: First of all, for everybody that's listening, first of all, you guys were on like literally location right, I'm doing a movie with Laala.
Speaker 2: First of all.
Speaker 7: Second of all, the full circle of everything. Randall gave me my first movie, shout out, shout.
Speaker 1: Out to out.
Speaker 2: By the way, I gave her first movie Badass. I was lucky to get you early on, and I just want to say that we became friends, you and your husband, and I want to say that now this is full circle. As you say, we're sitting here in the hotel room of another production that we're doing together with my fiance. I mean, this is just cool as shit.
Speaker 3: It is. It's actually very very cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, only that, But I have to say, inconceivable is bomb so bomb.
Speaker 3: You can watch it on Netflix.
Speaker 7: Holler, and it's with Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, and then you just go down that and then you just go from that, you jump back over. Now you with Bruce Walls and.
Speaker 1: Little stars out here, you're gonna be like the female version of the Rock Stop it.
Speaker 2: Yes right, yes, yes, so so a couple of things, because you know, I was intrigued because IVE asked you one hundred questions back in the day. For sure, I just want you just get a snapshot of like how did you be calm? W W fucking because I just think it's the most intriguing story because people see you you're a superstar and they think, oh, you just jumped in a Superstarum no, yes.
Speaker 7: Tell us how kind of the evolution short story version because it's long. Obviously the grind, the hustle is real. So the the goal was to be a professional soccer player. So that was like the whole youngest of three boys, like very much tomboy. But w W came in because after I finished school, tore my legm into my ankle, so that dream was shattered, right, So then moved to LA because I wasn't ready to go and dabble in the business corporate world. Moved to LA and dabbled in a little bit of modeling and acting, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: I like it over here.
Speaker 7: I like like I like this. My dad always being like when are you gonna.
Speaker 3: Get a real job?
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 7: So that whole thing, and especially because education to my parents was like every like it's just like they didn't they didn't go to college. So it was very much something that I feel like parents just want to give whatever they did not have, you know.
Speaker 3: So, and obviously as I.
Speaker 7: Get older and older, I really appreciate my parents. Like day I'm with them, so moved to l A and like literally was getting just enough gigs to hold on to the pipe drink just scrap because technically not really because I was doing the bottle service and waitress, doing auditioning and during the day doing it off Hollywood dream yeah.
Speaker 3: Right up, straight up.
Speaker 7: So then all of a sudden, boom w W came into town and I got and by this time I'd already been on so many auditions, so it was just like another one, no big deal, nothing, like I did not see casting open call, Well I got it.
Speaker 3: I was in a minor.
Speaker 7: Like boutiquish type agency because I had done a fitness competition and I want it, so that was like the perk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me ask question. So you go to an open call with.
Speaker 3: Hundreds hundreds, how does the audition? So I walk into the HQ right and then I'm looking around and I'm like, oh, holdly, what.
Speaker 7: The I'm like, whoa, This is straight up w w F that I used to watch with my brothers back in the day. So then it's starting to like really click, like what's really going on here?
Speaker 3: And I'm like damn.
Speaker 7: Because I shared a room with one of my brothers and we had bunk beds, so we're dropping, like, you know, doing the whole deal.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, wow, this is wild. So immediately I'm like on Google.
Speaker 7: Right, trying to do a little research, and I'm like, wow, this actually has everything infused into one spot. So I mean, at this point in my time, I had nothing to lose.
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 2: Now you're on the stage. Audition.
Speaker 7: Audition, got a call back, totally left thinking like, there's so many girls you know, and like and it's la, there's so many so you never know.
Speaker 3: And so anyways, call back, call back, call back, in front.
Speaker 1: Of multiples, multiple Yeah, there were like four.
Speaker 7: You said, yeah, four and then an interring Uh no, the fourth one wasn't injuring physicality.
Speaker 2: Tryout, Oh my god, how does that work?
Speaker 7: Well, first, let me get to the one I don't want to go the one prior to that one, I walk into all the yes men. So those those those guys are the ones that are like literally hammering me questions and lights, camera action.
Speaker 3: You walk into a room and I'm like this with a mic standing up there.
Speaker 1: How many people?
Speaker 3: How many dudes were there's uh, there's women in there as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, people waiting for your answer maybe twelve.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's including cameramen. They're just firing, firing like.
Speaker 7: Left and right, left and right, like like literally, you know, it was It was so wild because I'd never experienced something like that.
Speaker 3: But I do think God puts you in a.
Speaker 7: Place at the right time, right. It's just like timing in my life and everything. And I was like, bringing on, let's go because I had nothing to hide. I had already been through a ton in my life. So and I have tough skin, like I have all older brothers, So you don't think.
Speaker 3: They pick on me. I don't think that I got.
Speaker 7: Totally you're trying to prove like, no, I'm alpha, I'm alpha. I'm so it was totally easy, breezy, and I walked out of there not really feeling like, oh I think I nailed it or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I just kind of gave it up.
Speaker 1: And well, like you said, it was just like any other audition you had been totally money that. It was just like another yeah, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, checkbox now.
Speaker 7: So then, and it was wild because the separation and time was insane. It was super long, so like it was months what so by the third to the in ring physicality.
Speaker 3: Tryout was like maybe two and a half three.
Speaker 2: Oh, at this one, I would think he gets ship.
Speaker 3: I would I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: No, I would even I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: What I mean completely do you get a phone call? So I get a phone call?
Speaker 7: And I made it back to the fourth and final audition, which is in ring physicality and what that means. They narrowed it down to I believe it was at the time fourteen or fifteen girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I have a question. I have a question. Well, first of all, going in, do you feel, not knowing about this, that you are fit enough for this? Like were you already an athlete like you are now, meaning were you still in the shape ready to go?
Speaker 3: Fitness was definitely like still a part of me.
Speaker 7: However, when it comes to a sport wrestling, never in my life except like horsing around with my brothers, you know. So that was definitely intimidating and scary because I've never in my life like.
Speaker 3: Hit ropes Like what No, that is totally and I was like intimidated in that manner. But then the first day it was wild.
Speaker 7: So we're doing like four rolls, backward roles and for me, I'm a field athlete.
Speaker 3: I like both seet on the floor. So immediately I.
Speaker 8: Was like, what the this is so hard?
Speaker 7: Like it was insane. And then four girls immediately right yeah, because they're they're not.
Speaker 2: They can't even they couldn't even hold well.
Speaker 7: And like not and I don't if anything, I'm like, good for you because they're like, yeah, not happening.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get slapped. Cool, I'm not going to take a clothes line. No, you want me to do a back bump, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So they left on their own.
Speaker 3: They were like yeah, they're like no, no, you're down to eight or seven now.
Speaker 7: Now we're down to I think eight, okay yea, and how long does this?
Speaker 3: So four weeks?
Speaker 1: Four weeks, four weeks of U after a.
Speaker 3: Day and they're teaching you literally like.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 7: You were very wait, actually, you guys, I love your goddamn podcast.
Speaker 3: First of all, I didn't even say that.
Speaker 7: I didn't even say thank you so much for having me on, because when I watch or watched, I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Actually visioning you guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys actually need to throw this on YouTube so people can see it, because they would be that's another little money little thing, Randall.
Speaker 8: I know you like my nave that, but it is seriously so good, Like I hadn't seen you guys in in a minute, and so I just listened to your little sneak peek, like what's it come, you know?
Speaker 7: And then obviously the first episode and I was like, oh my god, they're the same, like straight up.
Speaker 1: You're like by you love it.
Speaker 2: People understand that this is no.
Speaker 3: I know, it is so good to it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being on it.
Speaker 3: It is Oh no, I'm super stoked.
Speaker 2: You're like family. So it's like you already Mexican Italian.
Speaker 3: I love to talk, give me a give me a mic.
Speaker 2: We are dropping the mic. Okay here more. Okay, you're exciting for people because I mean, come on, become a w W superstar and they.
Speaker 3: Don't do the Diva search anymore. They don't know they took it out. They don't even we're not even called divas anymore. We're all called w W superstars. Wow, you know equality, equality you go so now, so.
Speaker 7: Now we're in the in in ring part right, and it's like, okay, each day is obviously different. But the first like three days after my initial first week, I literally cannot lift my like I was staying with at the time when I got the job. I was living with my girlfriend and she had those little baby gates or the doggy gates or whatever because she.
Speaker 3: Had little dogs.
Speaker 7: I could not get over it. I had to lift my leg with my that's how bad. And new muscles, all new muscles that were being worked that I had never in a million years even thought I even had.
Speaker 3: Wow, So it was insane.
Speaker 7: But anyway, so basically, you do the in ring, try out to see if you can handle the physicality and.
Speaker 3: If they like you and see potential.
Speaker 7: And all that really promised you was you could hopefully at the end get a developmental deal. You got a shot, a shot right to learn how to wrestle. They take the acting classes, create your character will help guide you. And then you're also traveling and doing live shows for like ten people, setting up a ring like doing the deal.
Speaker 3: So that's the development. It's a grind. It's a grind.
Speaker 7: So then after those four weeks, that's what everybody's trying out for, that's what everyone's.
Speaker 3: Hoping for, just that development. Yes, okay, four of us got it.
Speaker 2: The developmental contret so you're cell right, and that's a big deal. I'd i'd be off the chop the charts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all like so like life changing. This was everything.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, I had met Jonathan now my husband, four weeks, five weeks before I started my in ring physicality.
Speaker 2: Oh so two months you've been dating at this point, right, four or five weeks before?
Speaker 3: Four week probably now three months, two two months.
Speaker 7: So I met him like right, like literally right before.
Speaker 2: Just because he's, by the way, the nicest human being on the planet. And another, by the way, those of you that don't know Natalie's husband, you look him up on the ground. Okay, dude is shredded superstar like superhero Superman again, not like my jelly rolls, but nicest guy on the planet. Nice. I love him, And I know he's your business partner. And you guys, you guys have a huge brand company and all that stuff. But but go ahead, so how did you guys meet?
Speaker 3: We met actually on the gram.
Speaker 7: He has a whole nother story like how how I went down, But basically it started with a like and this was and this was right before Instagram, but you couldn't even DM anybody, and and and you couldn't. Uh, Instagram was only four Apple phones.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? I know that I didn't know. I didn't. I got it late late the game.
Speaker 7: So it was like super brand, like super I remember how many followers he had because I was like, who is he had twenty five k and I was like.
Speaker 3: Who is he?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: I had?
Speaker 3: I had? I had, I had five? Yeah, see you doubles? Okay, baby, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So I saw all of a sudden, I saw this dude that I had never seen before, like a couple of photos and they weren't like the thirst photos of like bikini like nah, it was it was the book the Five Level Languages.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? He liked the fact that I posted probably didn't have his many likes, so he's like, I got to like the ones because then she'll notice.
Speaker 3: Something he had. Ye jan smart.
Speaker 7: That's why I literally married the guy because he's smart.
Speaker 2: I know him. I don't look at thinking, yeah, it's all up here besides the fact that it's a flawless physique, but yes, the guy is very upstairs.
Speaker 3: Oh he's going to love you guys for this.
Speaker 7: He's going to be like, yeah, make sure you tune into.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: But so that's kind of how it went down.
Speaker 7: And then he likes linked up shot me his email in a comment, and then we were emailing back and forth.
Speaker 3: No, we might not actually across the gym.
Speaker 2: Real, so ship, I would never meet it a freaking gym for a day because I couldn't get through six.
Speaker 1: When I was dating. If you weren't giving me alcohol, I wasn't showing up.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that okay again, things some things could be left unsaid. Thank you very much for that, la la okay.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 1: When you were auditioned to WW, were they casting that you know of four Total Divas? Were they looking for the next Total Diva?
Speaker 7: No, so I did not know of Total Diva, so that all kind of goes into the same timeframe. So they were casting at that time, but they did not make it like public. It was more in house. So WW was trying to decide whether or not they already had who they were going to have on the cast. So they really only needed two more girls, and they were originally going to bring up two NXT girls up on the main roster as well as be a part of Total Divas. Then I have no idea where the shift happened. But the shift happened, thank God in my favor. Else I want to be sitting where somebody somehow said, you know, what would be great is to have two brand new girls, fresh that know nothing about the business.
Speaker 2: How long wa WD are you a developmental girl? When they make this call?
Speaker 3: I got my job within forty eight hours, so I got my developmental deal. So they got offered four.
Speaker 7: So I told Jonathan like, oh my god, kay whatever you know, like, I got it, I got it, I got it. Then I get a call saying, hey, by the way, since you live in La, do you mind going in on this audition slash interview can't really tell you exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Is that in the other And I was like, yeah, sure, so I go in.
Speaker 7: It's being a Murray, so everybody knows Murray's makes road rural road rules.
Speaker 3: Kardashians, Kardashians. That's all you got it, That's all I gotta do, say.
Speaker 2: Murray, the original, original and real World, the pioneer of reality.
Speaker 3: Totally there.
Speaker 2: You go. Tell us because when I met you at your agent William wore Brad a mutual friend, he had told because he represents the rock ye and brought the Rock up. Just tell me kind of your Rock like relationship history, like it's cool like whatever mentor whatever it is.
Speaker 7: It honestly like the whole WWE kind of experience. I guess how I walked into that specific job at that specific time was all I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say dream because that's so cliche. It is, but it's so not like it will not happen again.
Speaker 7: So some like to someone when they don't do the Diva searches number two Total Divas is on.
Speaker 3: It's probably way out right.
Speaker 1: As long as vander Pump eight eight Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that world is different today. But came into it like the Rock was just like like just explaination.
Speaker 7: No, he wasn't because he was already transitioned, so he was never.
Speaker 3: On the road.
Speaker 1: Yes, she had John Cena.
Speaker 7: John Cena was on the road with us wow constantly. So he was the only one. Rock would only come back like radical exactly for like a big moment.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like you're you're you're an actress or a brand, a wrestler or everything, and the Rock shows up twenty million dollar movie stars slash wrestlers. Does he just come to hang out with you and like shoot the ship. Do you go to the gym and pump iron? Do you lift weights? What do you do?
Speaker 7: I mean not when I was there. I mean he might have been. He might have, but not my days. My days is he has his you know, room, and he it's like social to get in and do his job and then get out because Simon is money and he's busy totally. So I remember like passing out a WrestleMania and I'm this when I passed Brad.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know it was Brad at the time.
Speaker 7: And that was like the first time that I said hello. So it was like an awesome like just a normal encounter instead of you don't want to be like.
Speaker 2: You want to be door, No, I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: No, you don't you.
Speaker 2: Don't genuine totally interest. Sure, please take me or pick get it.
Speaker 3: I really get that for sure.
Speaker 7: So I was like, you know, lucky enough to just like even coincidentally run into Rock and then it was Brad and then kind of like a little bit of entourage guys that happened to be because he was performing for WrestleMania got to introduce say what's up hello, introduce myself and kept it pushing. But then like but then I think about four or five months later, I get a call. I'm doing a shoot and it's our I can't remember her position. I think it's public relation maybe, but anyways, gives me a call and says, hey, even would you take a meeting with this guy Brad Slater?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you're like what After.
Speaker 7: We got into w W, that's when like business started really like like no, no, no where Jonathan and I really wanted to utilize the platform.
Speaker 3: Yes, because it's like.
Speaker 2: So that's where you started saying let's try to brand.
Speaker 7: Yes of course, yeah, right, well and not only that going into w W as well, Jonathan is smart and he with my contract he was he helped you totally where like I had my whole website and everything. That's why I was able to have my name and stuff like that, which is alous.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like I I created la There was no LAA before.
Speaker 1: Give me a break.
Speaker 3: That's what they all think.
Speaker 1: Definitely getting voted getting voted off Mom and my dad.
Speaker 3: There you go, Hey.
Speaker 2: I'm getting voted off the island.
Speaker 1: You're getting voted off the island with Laala.
Speaker 3: Give them.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait get back to wait back the business.
Speaker 1: We can go back to business. But there's a big question that I have. Yes, at what point in your life did you say I got to get sober?
Speaker 3: M m oh into I got sober when?
Speaker 7: Well, first, I was raised so in a really really strict, strict household. So once I ended up leaving my parents, that was almost like where it was like all bets are off where I'm like, wait a minute, I don't have a curfew, like it is poppin' right, and then, you know, bad decision after another.
Speaker 3: I got into, you know, a lot of trouble.
Speaker 7: And then my oldest brother actually ended up getting sober, and he basically in a sense I always looked up to him, so I was like, damn, well, I mean if he's doing it, and I'm I'm I was depressed and my life was like you know, I was throwing it literally away, and I was not raised the way that I was. Some of the decisions that I was making where you know, for anyone that's listening to, like especially parents and stuff like I feel so bad to this day, like.
Speaker 3: My parents are rock stars, They're my everything. They they.
Speaker 7: Had no like input in the sense of like where they should feel bad because a parent is always going to feel bad if their child's not.
Speaker 1: Doing well, wealthy right, maybe they had done something wrong total.
Speaker 7: Or something or didn't do went left or right, whatever you want to say, you know what I'm saying. And he addiction runs like deep in my family too. So I got sober originally at twenty three.
Speaker 1: Wow, you were young.
Speaker 3: That's a baby.
Speaker 2: So that what that means that she had a really good time from fifteen to twenty three, I would.
Speaker 7: Say eighteen to twenty three when.
Speaker 3: She moved out once I moved out to my parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And I have to make light because obviously I've been with Laala, you know for a long time, and and and and you know, I've been through her addiction. My dad's sober like twenty plus years, so he runs. It runs in my family. Yeah, but I gotta say, so, when you got sober that young, similar to her, because she got sober late twenties, what was the challenge and what got you through being staying sober? Because you I've read quotes from you where you say most people fail once, but don't give up, like so what, so what does that mean.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like one of the things where I know that I put a lot of like because I work a program, like I work a twelve step program, so I feel like I infuse that in a lot of aspects of my life.
Speaker 3: So if you fail.
Speaker 7: So when I first got into a or my program, I do the whole deal. I have a sponsor, I sponsor women, I go to meetings. It sucks, it's super annoying, it's super hard. It's so it's I'm not it's so like not what I want to do. I never want to go to a meeting, but I always feel better after. I never want to, Like I love all my girls that I sponsor, but like a lot of times I want to be like not doing yeah, because of course, because that's like I don't want to lose what I have now, because I never want to go back to the dark moment.
Speaker 3: That that I used.
Speaker 7: To dabble in, you know, But it is, it's it's definitely that's why they always say, like a simple program, but it takes a lot of hard work. But in how I infuse it into all aspects of life is we're going to fail, We're gonna get told no so many times, like I've gotten told no way more than I've ever been told yes. So it's it's just making sure that you do all the cliche ship we always hear, get back up, keep going, believing in yourself and kind of like keep.
Speaker 3: The engine going totally.
Speaker 7: But I think I was super cocky too, and I was like, I'm never gonna relapse. I'm like, what these people are crazy, like super judgmental like this, I am not one of these, like you know what I mean. On my little poney, So I lasted three years?
Speaker 2: What yep?
Speaker 3: So I lasted three years?
Speaker 7: And I called up my sponsor, who is still my sponsor. Now from the beginning, I've noted for like, damn fourteen years.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing, so.
Speaker 7: Would technically I should be celebrating thirteen. She's about to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, so I can three years sober.
Speaker 3: So I'm three years sober.
Speaker 7: I call her up, MO, I love you so much, thank you for everything, because sometimes as well as you know, like you know the promises that if anybody doesn't know, like if you work a program, certain things are to happen in your life, like normal people get like I got my license back.
Speaker 3: Good thing. Yeah, I started paying taxes, you know what I mean, like a normal like.
Speaker 2: Lowood like Lala was like like once she got sober and God bless her. I tell her every day her biggest accomplishment in life will be this. Sure and thirteen fourteen months she's been sober. I mean fifteen eighty see, but fifteen months been definitely. Miracles have happened daily, weekly, and she acknowledged.
Speaker 7: So I, hey, that's what they say. They say, don't leave until the miracle happens.
Speaker 3: Legit like as that is you're preaching that big book.
Speaker 7: Okay, three years in and so I start like, obviously, you know, getting my life back. I'm feeling good, like being great. And so I called him and I was like, oh, I love you so much to thank you for everything, but I'm good. And she's like, what do you mean good?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 7: And then she's like, well, you know, I don't suggest this, but okay, sure enough. Within like nine months, I think, I like white knuckled it or so they say, that's a phrase. I guess without working a program, without having a sponsor, just like living like just a sober dry they called right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And within nine months.
Speaker 7: Just it was just like on and popping, like once I had a little it was just.
Speaker 3: Like I never stopped. So then I was out for like two years, for two years and we're really bad.
Speaker 2: Rehab rehab, and then never that was it.
Speaker 3: No, And then so I met Jonathan straight out of rehab.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow, I know this is like kind of mic drop stuff. I haven't dropped any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: But this is the stuff I think that that matters because all the other ship, like you know, success and all that, but this is the stuff that I think people like Laala gets so many so much love for sobriety, you know, and and I give her more.
Speaker 3: Kind of love's ever given.
Speaker 2: She she loves that. Let me ask you a question. Jonathan is sober not sober.
Speaker 3: No, he's a normy. So we got on Friday.
Speaker 2: We pay the next day.
Speaker 1: This is what I love about normies. You can go out and get drunk and the next day you'll be like I'm done for a minute, like you had a good time. It's like I got sucked up last night. I better get it pop in so I can say normal, Like we.
Speaker 2: Went to Sunday. We went to Sunday. This is just me. We went to Sundance Alie to sit here. We went out and was it Friday Friday? And we got back to the house whatever, like two o'clock and we sat in the kitchen and continue to drink. And then I woke up the next day and I said to God, please, where's the ivy doctor? Brought the IV doctor in? Oh, got that. Then I had to go to tubing and sled, followed by bloody Mary and then and then and then I said, Okay, I'm good for like two or three months. I don't need to have another, you know. Now It's like right, no me? So yeah. The fact of like, but but I what I'm saying is like I just but I was with Law and obviously in her dark, dark phase, I've never seen Listen, she's a little person, you know, I've never seen somebody. She would get mad at me. She would say we wereround. This is I didn't understand until it got really really bad. She would say to me like I'd say, babe, can we go home? Now? It's like twelve thirty sep. You're a loser. Your drink is half full. Nobody leaves a drink on the table. A loser leaves a drink on the tail. I mean it was it was a dark, dark, dark place. And now now she's like, Babe, can we watch Friends today? That teven fifteen?
Speaker 1: Because I go to sleep at eight and go to restaurants that that don't have alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, normally I would would sure, why would we go here?
Speaker 2: She would not know?
Speaker 1: Everyone else around me is like, they don't have alcoholic.
Speaker 2: They've given your line my favorite line when the waiter always comes to you and says, do you want to drink tonight?
Speaker 1: Tell them what you say or if you if you don't want your restaurant burned down?
Speaker 3: You know, because seriously, same light.
Speaker 6: And ship up.
Speaker 1: If you give me alcohol.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent, lames are happening, games are going down, We're kicking through doors like you you know, it's what you want totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So then right out of rehab. So then I don't tell him. I don't know, I know, how could I like all of a sudden, don't do this anybody that's listening.
Speaker 3: But in my in my head, I'm thinking, like, there's no way that, like the first couple of days, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, by the way, I just got out of rehab and this is uh, you know.
Speaker 3: I'm rock solid over here. You know, I have.
Speaker 2: To laugh only because as somebody who's been and lived through an alcoholic partner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know you for sure I could laugh now because we went we through it, you know.
Speaker 2: And you're standing here totally to inspire people. And by the way, I have to laugh because I know that both of you inspire people all over the world to be sober, to be healthy if they if they need that real.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what if that's the only thing I ever do in my life, yo, to inspire someone. I agree, and like I that is.
Speaker 7: Not only that, but because I think too for females, and I feel like there's this like stigma with girls, especially for just alcoholism or addiction in general. Like I feel like I don't know why, but I feel like I talk about it a little bit more. But with Jonathan, I think the best thing that happened to me. So I didn't tell him right and we ended up how long, I only lasted a few weeks because his best friend was getting married.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a good song his I know.
Speaker 7: I wish Jonathan was here because he would he would literally tell you verbatim, because I there's moments that I obviously don't remember. But so his best and I've only known Jonathan, mind you, maybe we've gone on a couple dates, that's dates, and so this is like the first time that I'm actually sleeping over to. So like, uh, obviously it was like a joint hotel room and stuff, but still first like yeah, and like meeting his best friend and his best friend's wife and all her friends and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh, yeah, so where do they go?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Vegas? Cool?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm not even thinking anything of it, right because of course not. So we get we get.
Speaker 3: There, first night. Cool, well, no, first night.
Speaker 7: We get into the room and everybody starts doing a round of shots around to Jack and so in my head it's like, you know, the devil, the devil Nat and then the angel Nat. The devil, the one that always wants to take me down. She's a tough cooking man. She is a tough she wants to take me out every day. I'm like, I'm like, stay down, like dang, Like she is tough. So she's strong and she just she's strong armed, and I've ended up.
Speaker 3: Okay I did. So then but now, but so I took it down.
Speaker 2: How long have you point?
Speaker 1: She just got out of rehab at.
Speaker 3: This point, I most probably maybe three and a half four.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay, so I was fresh, right, so you would think that it would be fresh in my brain, like yay, you just what's wrong with you? And I paid rehab for myself, so I it was a pretty penny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I took the hit too where I'm like, what's wrong with you? But addiction you do crazy things. So first night, everything's good, have some drinks, we go out to the club.
Speaker 3: Everything's fine. Come back the next morning, I'm like, hey.
Speaker 7: I was cool, like last night, right, like right, And he kept thinking, but he was no, I did, but kind of vaguely, but I still wanted to get that reassurance. So he was like, yeah, everything was cool, it was good, good, good, Okay.
Speaker 3: This is a like m.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I can't remember exactly what time in the morning. And then so that night comes, we go out on and popping. It's like now one, two, three in the morning. We go to some little buffet and it's like all you can drink Mimosa's or something. So I start going in there, go back to the room. I think we fell asleep for like an hour, and then all of a sudden, I woke up like a bright idea and it was a pool party for her like her, which is girl so terrible like impression. Yeah, I decide cool, I almost start early. Yeah, it's six am, so I down an entire bottle of jack, no.
Speaker 2: The dome, an s higher bottle of jack.
Speaker 1: That's like you would have had a lot of fun together.
Speaker 3: So Jonathan he hears me, he's sleeping. He hears me like all of a sudden, I'm all light loud.
Speaker 7: I'm naturally loud anyways, so now I'm like yes, like he comes out like and he like looks at me, and I don't recall this, but he did like a double take because he's.
Speaker 3: Like, wait a minute, it's seven she is she drunk?
Speaker 7: So anyways, long story short, we end up going to that party.
Speaker 3: I am like eighth, just a disaster like extensions kind of like falling out of my head.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, like bad.
Speaker 7: He called my mom and was like, like, your daughter.
Speaker 3: Has an alcohol problem or moms like she just got out of rehab. My Mom's like I know.
Speaker 2: Tells ever tells him everything and now what does he do?
Speaker 7: And now he's basically stuck because I'm obviously he's not going to be a jerk and just say boom me out the room.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: So the next day or no, later on that night, I like totally sober up and he basically like looks me in my face and gets kind of crazy, and I felt like a little kid where I was like, yeah, all of a sudden, I was like, oh, my best behavior for because we still had like thirty six hours left at the trip.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is.
Speaker 3: So those thirty six hours.
Speaker 2: He is a rock star. Yeah, I know, I mean to handle this because I thought anybody else would have been like, here's your Southwest ticket, here's the driver.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 7: One hundred person we're going to get through. So well he wasn't that nice. But but those thirty six hours I was like, no, no, hell no, I wasn't need that day.
Speaker 3: Yes I was.
Speaker 7: I actually was, because he said we had like a big because everything was changing, so I had.
Speaker 3: It was actually right before my w W tryout when that happened to.
Speaker 1: So god girl, yeah, this is yeah.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine me drinking?
Speaker 2: Well, well, none of that would you would have made it through. So that is God's way because you after that, I assume you both you get you know he he.
Speaker 7: Gets ober, Yeah, because he he kind of in a sense gave me an ultimatum if I wanted to continue to date him or see where this relationship was going. There was no way I would have to go back to the way that because obviously my mom let him in on I worked a program. She was sober, right, So he told me that, and then that's when I was like, all right, well that's it, that's from there.
Speaker 3: Got you've just done. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: It took me probably a little bit to hop on and like I had to put my tail between my legs. Call Mo my sponsor, because there was no way that I was going to have a new sponsor and put all my dirt out on the street like that.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, I was like, no, no, no, Mo, Hey, hey take me back. You already know how much up high She knew it. She did, and so she picked up phone and.
Speaker 2: Literally a story. I mean, now I have now when I see John that to give him like so much more love, because you look at somebody's spouse just like they look at us, and they don't know what. Nobody knows what anybody's been through, like for sure, and relationships like look if you look at Lala and I and they look at us and they're like, you know, oh their course and they fly on, it's all bullshit like at the end of the day, you know. And that's why I love this podcast because people get to see how we are. I give Jonathan mad love and respect because you know, I had been through it with her for a long time. Again, she tricked me for a long time because I didn't know she had like a full alcoholic.
Speaker 7: I tried to trick Jonathan, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. He was quicker. He was quicker. He was because already got out of Rehabit was a quicker like heads up. Lala was just more like I was. Like she would hide the day drinking, for sure. So when the day she would.
Speaker 1: Wake up and you're not down a party like that, well then I'll just this in my coffee cup and we'll call it good.
Speaker 2: Right one day, and then one day she was a little off in the morning. This is kind of the beginning. One day you were a little off in the morning. We were swimming in the pool and it was like nine am, and I was like, you sound a little off you Okay, I was already I was already onto her at that point, and I said, let me, let me. She put the cup down, I grabbed it and took a sip.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't know, you didn't. I remember this vividly ident and I was so knocking threw over the what happened the pool? Going to let him have a tape?
Speaker 2: It was vodka. She threw it over the balcon of the pool. And then at that point, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it games up, games up, her.
Speaker 2: Last, her, her last whatever, what do you call it? Your last day out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my last hurrah.
Speaker 2: She she got on the plane we're coming back from a Disney.
Speaker 1: World, which I was black out the whole time.
Speaker 2: And why didn't I didn't. I didn't even see her because I was. It was so bad and I just didn't. It was so bad that I for me at that point, it was kind of the disconnected. It was the end of our relationship, in my opinion. I'd written her a letter and said that this is I can't do this anymore, and if you can figure it out, I'll be there for you, but for now we're done. And so I've written this letter. So we got home. I was going to read it to her, but we got on the plane and and and uh and I remember she.
Speaker 1: Had a bottle of was it Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Tennessee?
Speaker 1: All I cared about drinking.
Speaker 2: From the morning all the way together the plane and got on the plane. She's like out of a rap video, you know, in her hand, and she drank herself until she's passed out. And it's when she passed out, I wrote this letter. And and then you know it came home.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get emotional.
Speaker 7: I know it's super tough because it's one of those things like that's why it's it's nice to laugh and joke about it, because it was such a dark and serious.
Speaker 1: While for me to be able to have him look back on it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't laugh for a long.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm so ashamed of that. Like for sure now we look back on it.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you something there was like there was like yeah, I also didn't believe like because I was ready to be done with, you know, with everything, and there was and there was so when when she walked to my office that day, I was gonna read the letter, she said, you know, I'm an alcoholic. She had never said that before, and so then I said, okay, obviously I'm not going to turn my back on somebody. That's so I was like, okay, let's go play this game. Because she told me she's gonna stop righting. So we and and and and I, you know, go where you party and have a fun night. A couple of lines. This is a different thing. This was seven days. But so I wrote it out and I had such resentment and such anger. So when she got sober, I couldn't let it go. And so there was a couple months and and to just say a love story short. When we went to a.
Speaker 1: Meeting, you know, I called him. I was like, which, keep in mind there were many times where I would tell him meet me.
Speaker 2: She she couldn't show up, She'd fall down. It was mortifying. I couldn't make plans. I'm talking about at the end when it got really early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then I was like, hey, I need you to meet me a meeting. I was like, they're early.
Speaker 2: So she said, like seven o'clock. She said seven o'clock. And I'm like, this is another like and there's about thirty days in and forty days in and I show up. She's standing out front, like at six forty five waiting for me, couldn't wait to walk be in there, two steep people, and I'm like, what is going on? I'm confused. She could even make it some days, and so that was probably the beginning for me and the excite. And then and then about ninety days in or six days in, when it still had a lot of resentment from things that had been done, she she said, look, you you have to make a decision, like like you can't like either you have to like be with me and forgive me, or you have to like walk away, because you know you can't. And I did a lot of soul searching, and my soul searching was that I can't punish somebody who's in recovery either. I have to go off on my own and be away.
Speaker 1: And I told him that because for me, it was like at that.
Speaker 2: Moment, you had given me a lot of time and I but I.
Speaker 1: Also told him, I'm like, my recovery is more important than you right now, my family, because I'm not helpful to anybody. If I pick up a drink and I'm already beating myself up, like I can't have.
Speaker 7: You totally because there's so much that you like you you bury and then not only that, when you and it has to at some point through recovery, it's going to surface and it's going to come to light and you're going to walk through it. You're going to get through it, and it's super painful and you're it's it's a lot.
Speaker 2: But eventually forgive yourself the addiction. And I also, you know, have been through you know, my own recovery, not for alhostuff, but like in life, just to work on myself and things. I've totally and I'll tell you that. The final note here I'll say is that like I woke up after that and I kind of spent some time with myself and I said, either this is the woman I love and look at her. I've got the best version, or I need to go on and move on. Because our relationship was, you know, it was struggled for a long time. And that's when we I think we finally just put it together and we said, look, you know, in the beginning, our relationship you know, was what it was. It was not perfect at anyway, but now let's go try to create a great relationshipship. We work every day and we're still learning things about each other. But you know what, like any relationship, we try to talk through things and we try to work through things, right, babe. But I am very proud, Like I tell her her greatest concimence. I don't give a shit about TV shows, and I don't care about movies, and I don't care about money she makes and all the things that she does her sobriety will be her greatest accomplishment. I give her a matter respect. I love you.
Speaker 7: Jonathan says the same thing, yeah, because and I think it was so a monumental moment for him to actually see what a change in me, because it's really hard for somebody that does not understand either alcoholism or addiction, for somebody to say that I am and not get it because they're normal, so they don't understand.
Speaker 3: The severity of like the disease.
Speaker 7: So for him to actually witness full point blank like this face in his face, just like wait a minute, this is And then who like doctor Deckel and mister Hyde, like that's who different people like you're cool?
Speaker 3: This is I don't even know what this is, right, Like, who are you?
Speaker 2: Ag? I feel like I feel like our relationship honestly, and I don't describe it things, but you know, we've had a lot of hills and valleys. I feel like the last year was really where it came together. Like that's where our relationship. Our relationship before that was was crazy and you know, break up and you get sure we just were nuts. And now now I have somebody who's like, Babe, you'll be here at eight o'clock and you'll be here sharp, and I show up seven minutes later. She's like, I said, a babe, I'm like, who are you? It took me about six months to realize that I better show up. Yeah. So I love her for that. And you're an amazing badass badass woman, uh to do what you've done, and and you both are women who are like super successful and on top of the world and to be sober in the world you're in. I give you mad Cross because our world, you know, is not an easy world to operate, you know, sober, so real quick, So we're as we end this because this will be our longest podcast.
Speaker 7: Can do I know we all talk for I know your summers just storing in the circus.
Speaker 2: Real quick question and wraps up now, you know, because you're coming to our wedding April eighteen.
Speaker 7: Wait before you ask the question, I have to say because it was too it's too sweet.
Speaker 3: To even let it go. But going to your guys' engagement party.
Speaker 7: The first thing that he had said to me was how proud he was of you because of your sobriety.
Speaker 3: And you were and you were pretty fresh and.
Speaker 2: So really fresh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, so that was awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're got sober in October another part, and I was in December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was like sixty less than sixty days. Thanks, and he was already proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And I told you how much iran any wedding advice for us, because it's a nightmare and I never want to ever have to answer another question from my mother, her mother, or the wedding planner about.
Speaker 1: A freaking We've been enduring our mom all day.
Speaker 2: Listen, a freaking tulip or a freaking point a tablecloth. Put the friggin paper tablecloth on the friggin table. I don't give a shit. What do what do you do under the pressure.
Speaker 7: I'm literally the worst person asked because I was on the road so Jonathan and my mom did everything.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're so lucky, I know. And then then.
Speaker 7: I can't wait, we technically eloped really quick.
Speaker 1: Wow you are so smart, just.
Speaker 3: Because it was crazy.
Speaker 7: But then I'm the only girl, and like I said, a Mexican is telling ya, we did.
Speaker 3: I had to have you.
Speaker 2: And then had the wedding, but they didn't really know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they can't know.
Speaker 3: Just so bad. Then your so we don't we don't ever talk about that one.
Speaker 2: Now it's out, Okay, Well.
Speaker 7: It was no, no, no, no, it was out because the total division like kind of showed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: And then we got married on the show and had the big.
Speaker 7: Yeah at my band. There's a Mariachi band at my wedding. If you don't think I'm Mexican. Jonathan was like, oh my gosh, there's got to like what is going on.
Speaker 1: I tell everybody like, if you could be a part of any culture in the world, I'm like, make me a part of the Mexican culture, dude.
Speaker 7: How many tell me, beautiful? How many guests were Jonathan's thirty five? How many guests were my side of the family?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 7: Two hundred and two and twenty five, and I was like, skimming back, that is amazing.
Speaker 2: A gang You're a real gangster, dude.
Speaker 3: No Mexican will be having too many babies.
Speaker 1: They're like Mormons.
Speaker 3: Damn, my mom's one of thirteen.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, dude. I'm so happy that you came on a podcast.
Speaker 3: No, I love you, guys.
Speaker 2: I love God know that, and we love working with you. But we also love being family with you. Guy. Yeah, really are become family to us, and you really. I love the story today because the sobriety hearing it, you know, from you and and obviously knowing her story is really inspiring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for opening up to us. And again, you guys, we love to hear from you. So make sure you hit a boy and a Girl up at eight six six La La Pod. That's eight sixty six La La pod. Even Marie, you are the shit.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys. Thank you