Speaker 1: My body is like fucking either because I'm forty or just from having whatever. Dude, I was so fucking sick. It was. It was awful. The worst, man, it was because it wasn't even like I think it had to have been some kind of bacterial thing because it flew through this entire friend group. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had that like Thanksgiving one time at my parents' house where like we had two baby three babies in the house and something just blew through and everybody right got hit.
Speaker 1: It was because I remember like the sequence of it was luckily I was the last to get sick, because the worst is like sick parent plus sick kid. So yeah, yeah, yeah when that was happening, and I had to take off like on Tuesday, like that's because it was so sick, and like she was getting sick er he was sick. Then fucking Wednesday, dude, I was. I just woke up fucking like.
Speaker 2: The worst.
Speaker 1: Uh. And you fear all your farts, you know, Yeah, No, can't trust the fart, can't trust them. I can't never trust a big fart with a smile. Never, dang, look at that fart over there. I think it's smiling at me. No, smile.
Speaker 2: Nope, I looks like it'll just be dry and loud. Why are you?
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what's gonna happen. Do you know why you're sick? Because that sandwich had poising food poisoned, poison poison. All right, I think that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I think that's good.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's Productive by Heart Radio, and it's a podcast where we take a deep down into america shared consciousness. And it's the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. What is going on with us? Miles? Are we announcing it? Are we are we acknowledging?
Speaker 1: Yep? The show is over, folks. It's been a great run. We almost made seven years, but Jack and I have decided to hang up the headphones. Is that the time on? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no not yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thank god, thank god.
Speaker 2: The other thing about your This is now a show hosted by.
Speaker 1: Two Okay, okay, okay, okay, no. No, I'm babe, baby, I'm forty baby. This is day one, man, our day too. I guess Day one is my actual birthday, which was yesterday. Yeah, man, I wish it felt more. It's one of those things where a lot of people were like, Y know me, like you're forty. I was like, bro, I was actually in my mind I thought turning thirty was a bigger deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like once, I probably just maturity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think also like it. It feels like a very like old school like over the like shit, how our parents looked at turning forty, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I remember when my dad turned forty and was like, whoh, he's your dad's forty And I was like, I don't know, know what the fuck? He looks the same. Yeah, but yeah, I feel like Hallmark card over forty, Like turning forty is.
Speaker 2: Like bald heads, like big beer belly.
Speaker 1: You're describing me right now, big old beer belly filled with Dunkin Donuts right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta get it together there. But yeah, anyway, it was. It was a wonderful, wonderful time as I recovered from my terrible health. Yeah, but yeah, I'm back. I'm back. I'm back.
Speaker 2: Sometimes your body just has to you know, let you know, yeah, let you let you know.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sometimes sometimes a virus just has to pop out and show you. Uh, that's that your body is mortal and it can be turned into a curled up ball if if it has to. You're trying to feel like forty is no big deal. Oh my friend, yeah, old my tears.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the news, we like to get to know each other a little better. Yeah, by telling you something that is going on with us, something we think is underrated, something we think's overrated. How do you want to kick us off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'll say underrated Crofton style YouTube channels, And by that I don't mean like like just chaotic gen xers screaming like into a mic. I'm talking about like this ship Crofton pulls up and he's like, I'm into mudlarking. I'm into these guys who look for fucking mind shafts. Again, during my illness, I could not fucking do anything, and it was tough to Like I needed it. I wanted to occupy my senses, but I didn't want to watch I couldn't. I didn't have the capacity to watch a show or like something funny, even like comforting, Like I thought I'd watched Simpsons and I was like, ah, dude, I'm like I'm just in such pain. That's starting to hate the Simpsons, right, No, yeah, real, I hate that feeling where you just like, can't you feel so bad that like you can't even enjoy the things you enjoy? Yeah, exactly so. And I stumbled upon this YouTube channel called Drain Cleaning Australia and it's this this alsie guy. Mind he's from Western Australia. We're out here, we're out here in path and he he is so fucking into his job, like just just clearing out backed up drains like people like have shit exploding out of their drains.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, this.
Speaker 1: Is what dreams are made up. Boys, look at these. This thing was absolutely like chocola might like this thing is chocolate block. He keeps saying everything's chalkers because when it's blocked, and his ability again it's it's you can hear this smile like as he like, I'm just gonna play. I don't even know what clip this is, but here's you can just hear him and clear. So let's invest the guy and say you want to be clear this drine anywhere's it go pro at least will be a sticky bake. And saw the cabinet here and you can say this is the wise.
Speaker 2: Pap trapped here.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm listening to this guy. He like plays like weird eighties karate music. When he's like yeah, he's like, all right, let's fire the Jenner up boys and the power washer, like the fucking jet stream whatever thing he's unclogging and then it goes like this like synth track. It's like dot and it's wow. It's like he was gonna say he has the energy of a DJ who's about to drop the beat. Yeah, he sounds so he's just like, oh, exactly, it's like, oh, I love He's like.
Speaker 2: This thing is like what I'm about to do to them.
Speaker 1: I think it's because like they all these videos, they all have like there's like three acts, you know, like there's a resolution at the end. There's like a it's like the hero's journey. It all it's all wraps up. He wins. There's sometimes there's a bunch of sewage that explodes everywhere, but he does it with such a like you can hear how happy he is that it's like working and he's always like, seriously, I love my job. Everyone like this is actually the happiest time I ever been, and You're like, this is dope, And so I realized I found my I found a channel that spoke to me. I was not put for for whatever reason, during my even with my own gastro intestinal troubles, I was not put off by seeing large amounts of raw sewage like backed up out of places.
Speaker 2: I feel like could be the last thing I'd want to see, but maybe not. Maybe just with that going on inside me, like all the yeah, when that is what's like happening in your biome.
Speaker 1: Mair of the dog they call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're like the biome because we're all just like half biome thinking for us, you know, like millions of organisms. Maybe they're just like we want to see some like I want to see some pipe clear and porn down here if possible, right right right, that's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, So I recommend it. It's just it's just there's it's joyful, uh and easy to watch. So I just found that that kind of channel very underrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like somebody needs to just like do a skim Like when the before the Internet was broken, when people actually like made content on there, I feel like you could have done just like maybe a single web page that indexed things that are like good to watch when you are sick, right, you know, like just because.
Speaker 1: Normal like your brain just changes. There's like a change in the chemistry of your brain. So, yeah, you don't have a bandwidth for entertainment, you know what I mean? There are what I.
Speaker 2: Gang hit us up with your sick like entertainment, Yeah, because I I definitely have that. I've like got a queue of movies that i want to watch. But if I'm sick, like there's just something about that that's like too too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel all right?
Speaker 2: Uh my underrated as insects just a dead bug with my head, got got into bugs. Uh, just spending a lot of time driving around uh with my kids with the show. But how on it's a podcast, but how that I highly recommend, and like the person who hosts it is great and obsessed with bugs and so like even a subject that doesn't seem like it will be about bugs like wraps around to like having an interesting bug fact here and there. But I'm coming away just feeling like all the bug like a bu bugs life ants that we blew it folks like so boring compared to the reality of an actual bugs life. First of all, they're you know, these massive wars that are happening beneath our feet, like between ant colonies, like massive nations of ants. One type of vant has been like waging a world war with another type of VANT for years. But this, this is the detail that got me this weekend. Insects will just pick up and fly away on a wind gust. Like when you look up in the sky and see a clear blue sky, that's because your eyes aren't good enough to see the hundreds of thousands of bugs that are just like surfing around on wind currents at any given time above all this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just because they're so light, they're like ah shit.
Speaker 2: Later, I don't know. Yeah, Like part of me, I'm hoping that they do it for like timing, like they just like say something awesome like that would be the greatest ability to have, is just do you like say something devastating and they because all they do, all they have to do because they're so light, is in the right conditions, just lift their hands up and then they just get taken away off sucked right off into the sky miles. I did think about you and quietly say they're getting sucked off into the sky. Shut off, shut off, nothing, nothing, but yeah, like they found a termite at nineteen thousand feet in the air. One scientist estimates that three billion insects are passing over our heads in a given month, depending on where we live. Yeah, it's just like a fucking.
Speaker 1: Rip, just talking about non byway of yeah, non flying bugs in a lot of cases. Wow wow wow, Which also goes back to my thing on alien sightings, like the sky is so fucking huge, Like we truly don't know half of the shit when it comes to like what's happening over our heads. We just think because we see a tiny white plane, that's all the tuff. But those things are like those planes are massive. Like we go to the airplane, Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's all these little fuckers flying around, and yeah, I don't know, like if if that was an ability that any species had, I feel like if you're making a movie about them, like that should just be it.
Speaker 1: You're just like, yeah, there's cooler shit to be like, Yo, we got to catch this wind gust, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And they're also a good thing to get interested in, like whether you have kids or not. But like specifically if you have kids, because they're just like around us everywhere, so you just like this weekend, we were having a tough moment, my eight year old and I walking down the street. He was said, and I saw a beetle on the ground with like a cool red pattern on its back, and I was just like, hey, beetle. And then we just like focused on that for the next ten minutes. And like there's this The seek app highly recommend for any parents or just anybody interested in the world around them, because you can just put it up and it'll tell you what species it is, and then you have like reading material and like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, it's poisonous, but down shit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so insects really shout out them insects, And yeah, I definitely have like a natural aversion to like bugs and mosquitoes. And this podcast host I'm gonna look up her name, is like, we don't know why people like they just at a certain point, as children, we're told by our parents we should be afraid of bugs. And that's why I'm like, no, it's because they like bite you and they're like annoying. There's a very good reason to like find them annoying, but they're also like, if you just take the time to pay attention to them, there is an equally fascinating side that run out way.
Speaker 1: Dismissing, dismissing them because of their grotesque exoskeletons.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, exactly. Men in black really anti bug propaganda and I won't stand for it. Miles. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Uh? Crofton style YouTube channels?
Speaker 2: Miles, And what what I mean, of course, is by saying, what's something you think is under it? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: I thought you were just like g checking me really quick to see if I'm still standing on that YouTube ship and what do you think? Oh so you still that's your answer? Oh wow, okay, I thought you're sucking around quick.
Speaker 2: Jane Lindholm is the radio who passed her obsession with bugs.
Speaker 1: Oh she passed. I was like, wait what, yes, thank you, thank you, lind Holme overrated. There's like I saw another thing. Where's like like over a dozen Reagan allies are now back in Kamala Harris. You read like bush app former Bush administration officials backing Kamala Harris for all these like Republicans backing Kamala and the media treats it like some kind of like political checkmate moment where they're like, oh, oh look who's aligned with this side?
Speaker 2: Now, well, well, well and who's cool?
Speaker 1: And I think that's yes. I'm like, while that does indicate how sort of repugnant Trump is to these sort of like you know, traditional neo cons and also it's an indication of just how palatable the Democrats current platform is to these neo conservatives. Like that part, I'm like, eh, it's not really the flex you think it is, because it's not like again, when you look at a lot of the policies, they're you know, left of the Republicans, but that just again when you compare that to other nations we are, that's like basically center right in most instances. So yeah, just seeing like the constant, like I see a lot of like, oh oh look who just backed Kamala and I don't that doesn't mean that Trump has lost either. Although the polls are like you know, they're they're always they're always fluctuating. The swing states still seem very tight. But yeah, but to me, I'm like, yeah, that that's not that's not that great to be honest, you know what I mean. And I get what we're saying that it's a unification against Trump. But at the same time, would these would these people still be there if it were advocating for things like medicare for all or like tangible gun control or these other things. I'm not I'm not quite sure. But either way, not the flex.
Speaker 2: That we're not having it. We're not forcing them to uh swallow uncomfortable. Uh you know policies about international relations the way.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: They seem pretty comfy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's not because they're suddenly cool and they're suddenly right on this issue. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like I can look past all these super progressive policies and I still back her. It's like, no, it's like you know, comparative. Yeah, this feels yeah, this feels are down the middle enough for me?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeaheah. My overrated is the phrase sir, this is a Wendy's because I was reminded over the weekend that we could be saying sir. The question was is this your handwriting based on the so I like a good sir, this is a Wendy's. Although it's like it's one of those things that you know, how the show workaholics had like the board of like jokes he must stop making yeah, like in They're They're for people who don't know their writer's room, had like all the cliched comedy jokes that they had been seeing in TV for years, like he's standing right behind me, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: You know all that shit. They had a board like saying barring all of those, sir, this is a Wendy's. Comes up a lot in conversations, but the greatest example of that actually exists. It's not a hypothetical. It's not somebody saying something wild at a Wendy's. It is Donald Sterling's deposition from the year two thousand and three. If you haven't seen it, I don't know. Is it like too offensive to read this shit out? Is it too unpleasant? I'll just I'll skip through it. But okay, answer, Well, I fool around sometimes I do. When a girl seduces me and tells me all these hot stories and dirty things, and tells me how much she wants to suck on me, and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me when I'm in a limousine. She takes all of her clothes. The limo driver said, what is going on? And she started sucking me on the way to mister Kun's house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good. A question, sir. The question was, is this your handwriting? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Donald Sterling, disgraced former owner of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, complete human piece of shit.
Speaker 1: And one of the great racist NBA owners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, billionaire, abusive, like everything about him was racist. The way he made his money was racist, his beliefs, what he said in private, what he said in public during it, he ran the Clippers, but that this was an actual you know, yeah, very Trumpian.
Speaker 1: Very The question was is this your handwriting?
Speaker 2: This was circulating again over the weekend, and I've been trying to like double check that it's real because it's so perfect and I haven't found anybody debunking it anywhere. And it is written in the deposition style, so that's good enough for me, right right, But it's from two thousand and three, and yeah, just you can now you can now say, sir. The question was, is this your handwriting? If you're looking for a cliche to replace, sir, this is a Wendy's exactly all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to get into some news. And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: So Trump posted that he hates Taylor Swift, and then not long after that, there was another assassination attempt, another planned attempt on his life. I don't I still don't know the details. Like we're shots fired at him. No, it sounds like they shot at him.
Speaker 1: He fled.
Speaker 2: They shot at the attempted assassin. Yeah, he fled.
Speaker 1: They he hopped in a car. They caught him like a couple mile, like thirty miles away or something up the highway thirty one. Yeah, something I think so, I mean, because the whole thing was that when he led, someone noticed him come out of the bushes and like take off in a car and they're like, that's weird, and took a photo of the car and the license plates. And that's how the cops were able to like even find him. The sheriff down there said like, if that hadn't happened, they're not sure they would have found this guy.
Speaker 2: Wow, which was troubling. It's kind of wild. Like they just were doing a sweep of the golf hole Donald Trump was about to play and noticed the barrel of a long gun poking out of the out of the bushes. Yeah, that's why we don't have something more serious that we're talking about today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is again, this is what how many days has it even been since what July thirteenth? Like two months.
Speaker 2: Basically, I think, yeah, a little over two months. Yeah, so the last assassination.
Speaker 1: This is uh yeah, yeah, very Yeah, we are living in a wild, wild time right now. But yeah, I mean, like, you know, as it stands there, there's still the guy. I think the guy just had made his first appearance in court and they said he was very like cordial with the judge. So I don't I mean, I don't know what that means about anything. Everyone's looking for a motive. It's uh, we're still they're still there's still appiling on the evidence. The one thing that seemed clear was that he did say that seemed to indicate that he voted for Trump in twenty sixteen, vote.
Speaker 2: For twenty sixteen, and seems to be like one of these Republicans who's like the soul of our party was lost by Trump, you know, right, sullying the good name of the Republican Party. But yeah, I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you're already seeing all the people coming out. They're like Trump. It's like they make they talk about me so bad, you know, Yeah, they say I'm a threat to democracy. And then this stuff happens and Jody Foster won an Emmy that day. Does Jody Foster have to do something? If you remember Joe, people like to impress Jody Foster with ship like this. I mean I like to impress Jody Foster, but not like this, not like this, Ryan Rauth, Ryan that sucks up your assassin Creid is being named Ryan?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it kind of feel weird?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You know there's good Ryan's out there, you know, not all Ryan's.
Speaker 2: But no, not all Ryan's.
Speaker 1: But right, like, I'm not saying anything against Ryan's other than that it's a name that doesn't feel like it like menacing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well yeah, assassins usually have like Lee Howvey Rillo, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, we got to give us something that sounds like it was like carved in stone, right Ryan?
Speaker 1: Right? Who is the one who was trying to impress Jody Host.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John Hinkley, Yeah right, they I mean, think about the fucked up middle name. Hinckley and Ryan Rauth must have that. They're not even putting the middle name in there describing them because like they stick a middle name. Well, they love to stick a middle name whenever somebody does the assassination. Like Lee Harvey Oswald was just Lee Oswald. But then they were like, how do we make this sound more like it belongs in a history book. Uh, well we'll drop We'll drop that middle name in there. Yeah, we'll see and I'll see it that comes out. I think I saw Ryan Routh's middle name bandied about yesterday, but it's just like not catching on. I don't know why. Maybe it's like you have to you it's the like attempt that makes it.
Speaker 1: I mean, like aren't we just like past like the three name, like the three name heart Throb Era, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like you know how like there was like Jonathan Taylor Thomas, you know what I mean, Like people had like the three name like tight teen Tiger beat heart Throb, Chad Michael Murray. You know what I mean? That was like the way that was sort of the naming convention. Now people are just two names.
Speaker 2: So you're blaming Jonathan Taylor Thomas for the fall of the Three in a Three names absolutely JTT thing. We can't take these.
Speaker 1: Jonathan Taylor Thomas to what has happened the last two months, And it's a new podcast I'm working on that Jack refuses to engage in, but I'm telling him this thing could blow the whole fucking lit off the JTT files. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just there's some interesting theories in there that I haven't been able to source myself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, like I said, you gotta trust me and then verify once the show comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people were at first because the timing was strange because he literally tweeted, I hate Taylor Swift exclamation point, all caps, and then hours later we were hearing that there was another assassination attempt. People are like, okay, definitely a Swift e. We don't And interestingly, as people are looking into Ryan Ralth's history, nobody's talking about how many streams of you know, Taylor's version albums right in there.
Speaker 1: But sure he didn't donate to Act Blue, you know, so it really hard and I think the guy went to Ukraine too.
Speaker 2: He really said he was willing to fight for Ukraine, and I do think, yeah, he might, he might have gone over there, so big Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Guy, Well you know there there there there, there could be something there. Who knows.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Donald Trump, you know you just there's something about you at the moment that is inspiring a lot of chaos. And I think, I wonder now what this is going to do to him, because like first it was like an outdoor rally. Now like golf. He loves to golf. I don't know if like it's affecting him that much, but he was like very quick to be like thank you to the decret service. But like, damn, I feel like that was like his one happy place. I wonder if he is now like again, I don't even I'll play virtual golf now, but probably not.
Speaker 2: No, no, nothing will keep him from his golf. Yeah, it's very like cartoon like dipshit assassination ATTEPT. The guy just like a gun barrel poking out of some bushes. Yeah, very I don't know, I feel like something you would see in a Looney Tunes cartoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right right. Yeah, it's a little unsettling. How again, just like the kinds of people that have like emerged to like make these attempts on his life are just they're like everyone's like there. His social media posts are like chameleon like, like someone described to not understand where this person was coming from. The Other thing is he shouldn't have been in possession of a gun. So there's a whole thing of like how did he get an AK style rifle? Like who sold it to him? That's yeah, you should should not have had it. But again, this isn't about it's not gonna be about gun control. It's probably gonna be about both parties being like he's not my Guy's not my guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say Russia, you know aka, but the you know they You wouldn't think that Russia would be wanting to target this guy.
Speaker 1: But hey, when you when you can't legally own a firearm, beggars can't be choosers. So he just had to get with, you know whatever someone would sell them. But yeah, it's a I'm sure this is an ongoing, evolving story. But the bat takes from the right.
Speaker 2: I mean, so Trump came through was like I am safe and well, nothing will slow me down, especially not after you donate to me, like he turned it into a donation opportunity like it was straight away and Elon Musk meanwhile, I think, topped him by tweeting that nobody's even trying to assassinate Biden Kamala, which, like the no fair, nobody's even trying to assassinate me approach is exactly like how my children would respond if someone tried to assassinate it.
Speaker 1: How come it's not even fair? Why is ever trying to try.
Speaker 2: And get me? Yeah, exactly, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, when you're playing tag or something and like somehow like the whole group, like it's like multiple people.
Speaker 2: Come on, some fair, you're ganging up on me. And he later deleted that, Oh, which is wild because this is a man who you know he has he has a bad and stubborn, strong and wrong sense of humor. And uh later deleted it, claiming it was just a joke that nobody got his real friends who thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Well, one lesson I've learned is that just because I say something to a group and they laugh, doesn't mean it's going to be all that hilarious. As a post on X, turns out that jokes are way less funny if people don't know the context and the delivery is plain text. He actually said that, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. I wonder if he'll ever like make the connection that the people who are laughing around him are just like nervously laughing because those are hot person to ever live. Yeah, you are surrounded by hostages.
Speaker 1: You're Tony Soprano. You should be wondering if all those laughs are sincere all the time you want, they're not.
Speaker 2: Andrew T was pointing out while you were out that it would be so so easy for him to just hire a writer's room, like the many of the best comedy writers in Hollywood are out of it now. He could just pay people to make him look funny. But he stubbornly again, strong and wrong with a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: It's got to be.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be, baby, gotta be fresh. Talking a lot of workaholics today. But meanwhile, fear not because, as you're pointing out, we don't know all the details right now. The facts are emerging on the ground, and you know, the story is shifting as we speak. It might be different by the time you hear this. I do just want to alleviate any concern that people had that like, we weren't going to get to the bottle of this because Ron DeSantis has pledged that Florida will conduct its own investigation into the attempted shooting.
Speaker 1: Oh not that FBI. Yeah no, no, no, that we're doing our own. Actually, we're doing the floor We're doing this shit Florida style. Incidentally, in twenty twenty two, eighty two percent of violent crimes in Florida were quote not solved. So that's twenty percentage points worse than the national average, which, Jesus, the national average is shockingly hot. He's like sixty percent, I mean, sixty.
Speaker 2: Two percent of violent crimes go unsolved. Like why do we even how? What is the argument that the.
Speaker 1: Numbers the numbers are are telling a different story, that this form of law enforcement is not effective. But hey, yeah, but no we need more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to be foresting to see more resources. It's interesting to see what Florida's investigation finds. So now it was a totally different guy. Is actually Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually Kevin Hart, Like what why he's not even like political?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like them.
Speaker 1: I don't like that guy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll talk about some other politically motivated violence. Will be right back and we're back. And over the weekend, the city of Springfield, Ohio, which was in the news following the debate after Trump claimed that they're stealing the dogs, they're stealing the.
Speaker 1: Cats, they're eating them.
Speaker 2: So bomb threats have continued to plague Springfield, Ohio since that happened. Hospitals have been sent into lockdown, multiple days of school evacuations, thanks entirely to the Republican's alf coded racist conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: All right, this show is hosted by two men over the age of forty.
Speaker 2: That's right, And you know remember his favorite treatwood cats, saying eight cats and dogs, bro. But I mean Haitian immigrants are unsurprisingly afraid to leave their houses after being targeted by vandals, and just you know, I'm sure we're already afraid to leave their houses after that debate, you know, right, absolutely just turned into like monsters in all of this because of a fucking Facebook post that was nonsense.
Speaker 1: Again, we talked about this. I think maybe the day you were out, or I think it is probably the day before I had to be out, But just about how this again, there's no evidence of this. They're like, the cops are like, we've never even had a call about anything remotely like this. What are they talking about? And the woman who's behind it is now just like so sad because she it's like fourth hand information. Yes, she said again, the claim about a missing cat didn't even involve her neighbor's daughter's friend, which is what the fuck, dude, This is like when I lied about like meeting Michael Joy when I was like fifth grade, but rather an acquaintance of a friend of the neighbor. And again she said, it just exploded into something I didn't mean to happen. And this is the funny thing. This woman is now like posts to like after being interviewed, like yo, what the fuck, Like, what's going on here? She wanted to say, look the original poster of this. She described herself as a Democrat that supports Trump, and then she said, quote, I'm not a racist, she said, through heavy emotion. This is I think her talking to NBC News, adding that her daughter is half black and she herself is mixed race and a member of the LGBTQ community. Everybody seems to be turning it into that and that was not my intent. Lee said, this is the original poster of that Facebook thing that she pulled her daughter out of school and is now worried about her safety with so much attention on her family. Please get the fuck out of here. Okay, I like, you're like, I honestly I didn't care about this safety of these Haitian people. But now my family somehow getting unwanted attention, and now I am sorry. And I did not mean that my daughter is half black.
Speaker 2: Yes, and again the sourcing on the information that was like cartoonishly my daughter's friends neighbor, you know, or sorry, my neighbor's daughter's friend. She was like, it actually was not that. It was an acquaintance of a friend. So it's like even less.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like total It's like fuck, man, I talked. They're like, well, who is this person? I don't know. Look, I made it up. I'm racist. I'm sorry, I'm backwards. I have a lot of really backwards beliefs. But yeah, this is and the way that the Republican.
Speaker 2: Is voting for Trump. Yeah, it's wild. They I think when you were out we were covering the way the New York Times covered the debate, and they went and interviewed a undecided voter.
Speaker 1: Oh another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they watched the debate with them, bought snacks for the undecided voters. So the undecided voters are being rewarded for being undecided, quote unquote, and they're like, I really worry about you know, women's rights and like our right to control our body. But Trump really on immigration, and it was like, and She's like, and that's not a thing that bothers me or affects my life in any way, but the fact that he says it is what really like matters to me. So it's like, it's just that he says he says racism, is the fact that he.
Speaker 1: Knows how to be racist towards people who are not from America. Yes, rather who aren't white. Sorry, Yeah, what am I saying? Yeah, there's only yeah, so that's what I like. Yeah, So I am decided about that.
Speaker 2: Jd Vance, who was the first person to repeat this story and kind of elevate it, went on CNN on Sunday for an interview with Dana Bash, where he strenuously argued that the bomb threats have nothing to do with anything he did. When she was like, So what do you think when there's like bomb threats and schools being closed because of the cats and dogs thing, why not actually be constructive and helping to better integrate these Haitian immigrants who are legally here into the community. And he he thought that was disgusting, actually thought that was he you think I did what Wait, what you're saying? What I find violence disgusting and that you said that is really disgusting because hurt my feelings.
Speaker 1: What he said, quote, there is nothing that I have said that has led to threats against these hospitals. These hospitals, the bomb threats and so forth, it's disgusting. The violence is disgusting. We condemn it. And then Dana Bash is like, Senator, this happened after you and President Trump on the debate stage said that cats and dogs were being eaten. And then he just like completely side steps it. Pivots scared nine something due dang Ya and then.
Speaker 2: They got straight up Yeah. Then he just straight up admitted that they will create stories to further this is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're like, I'm sorry, you'll you'll create what This is him again now trying it's now sort of trying to justify why he will he would even say such filthy nonsense out loud.
Speaker 4: The American media totally ignored this stuff until Donald Trump and I start talking about cat means.
Speaker 1: If I have to, if I just create stories so that the American.
Speaker 4: Media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm gonna do, Dana, because you guys are completely letting Kamala Harris coast.
Speaker 1: You had one interview with her.
Speaker 4: You talk about pushing back against me, Dana, you didn't push back against the fact that she casts the deciding vote on the Inflation Reduction Act, which is why a lot of Americans can't afford food and housing.
Speaker 1: You just said that you're creating. Yeah, there you go touts back on that. Oh, he's doing the thing where he pretends he can't hear.
Speaker 4: So you just said that you're creating the story.
Speaker 2: Is that, Danta?
Speaker 1: Oh you're lying now. You just said that this is a story that you created.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I can't even hear you.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 4: We are creating, we are, Dana. It comes from first hand accounts from like Dana.
Speaker 1: It comes from lies that I'm making up in my head to pretend like I'm hearing them from people. Okay, are we clear on this?
Speaker 2: God? Oh my god, the god liberal media.
Speaker 1: Is like, so, oh my dude, you actually have the best last name for this job. Because you were just bashing me right now. It's like fucking so unfair, dude, Like why are you bashing other people? It's just because I make shit up so wild to be like, I'm if I have then to be like, I have to create stories. Like so you're creating stories.
Speaker 2: So the the story that you just said you had nothing to do with you, you created that. You just said, yeh what you said that.
Speaker 1: Then you're like, yeah, DJ academics and that Migos interview, you're like, hmm, the what it looks like liptop bat and Boosie, I'm sorry what my ear? My ear? He did that I think last week or two weeks ago too, where he got pressed about something he said and he was like, sorry, I think my earpiece isn't working.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he has a lot of trouble hearing what people are asking him when convenient.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine, yeah, what his marriage is like. If his sort of response to accountability is to be like, my senses have all began to shut down for some reason.
Speaker 2: I sorry, I can't hear you, babe.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sleeping, babe. Sorry, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 2: In the afternoon and you're driving.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sleeping, babe, can't. I don't even know what's going on. Don't even know what's going on?
Speaker 2: All right, I do have some kind of startling news disturbing for people like me. We're continue to be under attack. Me and my fellow soup cous We mustn't stay sleeping in our comfy beds much longer, because, mark my words, they're coming for us. First, Jesse Waters says it's not manly to like soup. Then my mother in law compliments me for being a rare man who likes soup, and yeah, I can read between the lines, am.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now Campbell Soup is dropping the soup from their name. Man, Yeah, most associated with soup is dropping the word from what I guess they used to be called the Campbell Soup Company.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I think that's what it's technically called. Right of their website is Wait, there's Campbell's Soup camp. First of all, there's other funny, fucking, weird sort of Berenstain Bears thing. I was like, was it called campbell Soup Campbell's Soup? Like the ashes are always blending into each other there, because there's the Campbell Soup Company, then there's Campbell's Soup. So there's no aposts the company. If you go to their actual company website, it's called Campbell Soup Company, not Campbell's Possessive Campbell Soup Company. The label says Campbell's Possessive. There's just a lot. Look, man, I'm always on my toes ever since the fucking six point eight weeks thing, so You'm just always like trying to make sure I know I'm standing in Tara firma, you know what I mean before Anyway.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you can read all about it in my favorite book, Hot Chicken Water for the Soul, because that's where this is headed. They're racing soup.
Speaker 1: They're racing an outreage. Yep.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's kind of weird that they still had soup in their name. Like I feel like they just pivot because you know, it's kind of it is a little weird. What do you mean, like just to be called Campbell's Soup. Yeah, Like, I don't know, did their branding team, just like wake up from the late eighteen hundreds. I feel like they should be selling vape juice by now, Like, why are they just a soup company? What are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They make what else? Yeah? Actually it's mostly do they own a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: They do And the soup company was just throwing us all off that.
Speaker 1: I think that's how they you know, that's how they got in. But then they're also like, dude, do you like fucking do you like cape cod chips?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, you like goldfish, you like snyders of handover pretzels, you like v eight I.
Speaker 2: Mean v it's basically soup, Like that's the secret nobody wants to talk about. But it's just called soup you drink. Also, all the other things that you mentioned great crumbled over soup.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were sticking to it. I think they need to for some reason. I really want the Campbell Company to branch out into vape.
Speaker 1: Just for whatever reason. I feel like, dude, I mean, I guess this.
Speaker 2: Would I cam, would it be tough? I need to check with Jesse Waters if it would be tougher if I was vaping my soup instead of eating it.
Speaker 1: Probably he Hannity would definitely agree.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the funny thing, Like the thing he objects to, the pursing of the lips and the like holding a delicate object in your hand and bringing it to your mouth. That that this is what Jesse Waters objects to about.
Speaker 1: You've seen it.
Speaker 2: You've seen it, and so yeah, your buddy Tuger Carlson and h fucking Hannity vape Like the second the camera cuts away from there.
Speaker 1: And that's a bit of lip persing on a cylindrical object. Well, look, whatever it is, what it is. I think Campbell's could pivot because we already trust them with things that we ingest. So I'm like, well, Campbell's isn't gonna make like a shitty vape juice. I've been trusting them for years. So yeah, I do want cream of mushroom soup vape juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah is Brian editor said, soup flavored vapes. Bro take me to Cloud City, Lando Calrissian.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude, hopp my best bin fucking twin Speeder.
Speaker 2: I do feel like that would be kind of good, uh, you know, in the way that they can like make vapes taste like anything. Why not a little chicken soup?
Speaker 1: All right? Uh? RFK is back, He's got bro He's got an announcement. Oh, I don't, haven't. I just want to play this because he had a he had a camp fucking Trump campaign event in Glendale, Arizona, I think somewhere in Arizona with Tulci Gabbard, you know, because he's out there, he's Team Trump now and he just again he he has he did the thing that he's always good at, which is like finding a way to make like like make himself the central figure about a larger point and also just in a side that isn't quite relevant anyway. This is just funny. This is a funny thing to hear. And I'm just gonna play it no context because I just think it's really funny that he's doing this on stage at a campaign of it. This is RFK with an important announcement. Listen up, I'm going to tell you something that nobody knows. Uh. Oh, this week I receive it.
Speaker 3: Right after I endorsed President Trump, I received a letter from the National Marine Fisheries Institute saying that they were investigating me for collecting a whale speciman twenty years ago. Wow, it's fifteen years past the statue of limitation. But they're opening an investigation.
Speaker 1: And this is when he goes there. He goes, he starts rambling a little more, and then he's like, they're weaponizing the government. Man. Wow, I'm just sawing off whaleheads on my own, a whalehead enthusiast, and now I have federal agencies looking into shit.
Speaker 2: Huh yeahed like that is a thing that hit for collecting a whale specimen. But they're coming out after me for everything. Dude, not not having had my license plate registration renewed on time, collecting a whale specimen?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: They're weaponizing the government? Okay, yeah, sorry, dude, you pulled You heard about a fucking way a beached whale that like a fucking carcass that washed ashore, and you say, kids, get in the van and get the power tools and you go to pull up to saw its head off and then take it home. While your daughter kick Kennedy was talking about how the whale juice was getting everywhere. That could be it. Wow, that could be an interesting vape flavor. Whale juice.
Speaker 2: Whale juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Campbell's soup, think about it. That's a good pivot right now. Timely, timely, But yeah, the whale. So I guess he then I guess he said he responded to the letter where he, according this NBC News report, baselessly linked the National Marine Fishery Service with deaths and calling for the agency to investigate that. So he's like, boom, maybe.
Speaker 2: You just cut its head off and then made my daughter drink its blubber and rotting carcass juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he really seemed to think that that was going to go in a different way because he brought it up and everybody laughed because it reminded them about the wild ass story about him sawing off whales sead and put it on top of his van. Yeah. I feel like he's got that energy of somebody who just needs to be the center of attention at all times because of debilitating narcissism, and so just can't stop himself from dropping in an anecdote that is going to overshadow literally any other possible thing that anybody just said.
Speaker 1: Look what they're doing in the President Trump with their weaponized DJ We hear them trot out that line all the time, but he had to be like, you know, guys, I saw a whale's head off, like twenty years ago, and now they're like, that's bad, you know what I mean. And now you're now thinking about the fact that they're like this weird, oh anti vaxer guy who likes a sawft whalehead. That's in the front of mind. You sawt a whaleshead. I mean, he said, collected a specimen rather than the main point. But yeah, he's well done, well.
Speaker 2: Done collecting our whales specimen. All right. The Surgeon General is warning about the difficulties of parenting, calling it a public health danger. He's issuing a new advisory, the likes of which we have seen for like smoking and air pollution in the past, But this one is a public statement that calls the American people's attention to an urgent public health issue and provides recommendations for how it should be addressed. And that is parenting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and caregivers, family the whole thing. It said there is a critical link between parental mental health and children's long term well being, and the urgent need to better support parents, caregivers and families. They talk about all the stressors you know that is involved in raising kids. Financial strain, economics, instability, poverty, time demands, children's health, children's safety, parental isolation and loneliness, technology and that social media, cultural pressures, and children's futures. And there's a lot like you know, it says how as you know if you're an employer or a researcher, a community organizer, a family friend or parent and caregiver, like how to you know sort of things you can think about what to do. And there are some things where it's like maybe ask a parent to help out, you know, like one of your parents to help you parent kind of thing, like that's not an option available to a lot of people. And well, I do think this is obviously like a super serious and very real thing. Like the I do appreciate that there is one section that says for policy makers, and it's sort of basically being like, yeah, man, like create laws and programs that actually you know, are able to address the needs here, like right childcare and like all these protecting our communities, all.
Speaker 2: This stuff function social safety.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if that will actually inspire any change, but this is truly like a and I think these tips are good like it's important to think about, like you do need to give yourself time off, like you it is possible to burn out or find ways to relieve your stress. But this is truly like a top down thing. This isn't a bottom up situation. Like the policies are the real things that are going to change all those things. When you're pointing out stressors like their financial strain, economic instability, you look at how much childcare costs and things like that, how much healthcare costs. Guess what, policymakers, you could completely wipe those stressors off the board with the right policies. So I mean, it's like a very real issue, and I just like it's like how I was just sort of like looking at the Kamala Harris sort of campaign website, I'm like, Okay, what are you doing here for affordable childcare? And it's so vague. Just as Vice President Harris has cast the deciding vote on the American Rescue Plan, which made historic investments in the care economy, she will fight to lower care costs for American families, like propose something. Yeah, for the love of God, like you're and there was people were showing how some polls began to tighten in other areas because it felt like the honeymoon phase brat summer is over and now we're in freaky fall are about to be and we're still kind of like she's done a good job of really not trying to get into, like waging into these like policy issues and just kind of being like, hey man, it's not Biden, I'm against Trump. That's great, but these are still very much things that people are experiencing and would love to hear real tangible kind of solutions to Now whether or not there's follow through its a completely other, you know, completely separate question, But as the Surgeon General points out, this is very real and this needs urgent action, and most of that action really should be coming from policymakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the links I mentioned parents are experiencing new stressors on top of the already daunting tasks of protecting their children from harm, managing finances, and navigating the uncertainties teenagers face through adolescence. The new stressors seems to be linking off to like studies into phones and social media use. But it's probably worth mentioning that it's become increasingly difficult to raise a child and you know, the costs have gone way up and people's income has been frozen for yeah, decades.
Speaker 1: And you have people having to take on multiple jobs just to do the thing which is to provide for their children.
Speaker 2: There's your problem and there's your problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah this h I mean again, people, look everybody who's grown up in America. You just ask your grandparent, what are the oldest family member in your family that's living, what they did for money, and how many kids, what kind of family they were able to raise on that, and how what the cost of living was then? And do you realize that at one point it was possible to do these things but we just live in such a you know updocracy now that yeah, yeah, there's really all the pressures have fallen on people. And like the thing that sucks is like when it says like, oh, well, how can we take action, When it says like for family and friends of like people who might be in the situation, says reach out and offer practical support with householder everyday test, that is huge. That is huge. That is helpful. But like for policymakers, you see the things that they're talking about, well, invest in social infrastructure at the local level to bring parents and caregivers together, address economic and social barriers that contribute to the disproportionate impact of mental health conditions for certain parents and caregivers. Those are the real Like, yeah, obviously the community one to one help is huge, but again we still play in the sandbox with these rules that policymakers create. So unless we can actually change that, that's also where it's an uphill battle. So you know, somebody take this seriously. Yeah, all right, those are some of the stories that are trending on this Monday morning, September sixteenth.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow