Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Riisjong got the job during in Germany. Oh Joe gifts.
Speaker 2: The Giant Giants currently hold the number one pig of the NFL draft. O Joe should the Giant draft? Should doure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I tweeted that, how tweet? I tweeted that earlier.
Speaker 3: Today, priming go to let that happen.
Speaker 1: You don't think so?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: As have the Giants ever drafted a black quarterback before?
Speaker 2: Hell no, hell no, yeh.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh no, hey, the way you said it, that was funny.
Speaker 2: Rice Young fifteen to twenty five six touchdown chewber Hubba had an outstanding day twenty eight rushes of buck fifty three and a touchdown. They ran the ball thirty two times for a buck eighty eight. Daniel Jones was twenty two or thirty seven one ninety and two interceptions, but it was Tracy that fumbled in overtime that led to.
Speaker 3: The game winning you hold by the Carolina Fanthers. Yeah, oh yeah, bro oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And they're talking about, you know, they're gonna evaluate the quarterback position for evaluate what. Yeah, they talk about they gonna evaluate it. They're they're open to making changes at the quarterback. It's too late now, y'all might as well go and.
Speaker 3: Stick with Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: You know he's saying that to save his jo.
Speaker 3: He can't save it.
Speaker 1: It's well, here, you might make a change.
Speaker 3: Who's the backup?
Speaker 1: Tyrod? No?
Speaker 3: Trod?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wait, I got the wrong.
Speaker 3: New York team.
Speaker 1: I'm tripping.
Speaker 3: No, oh Joe, it's you might as well just you know what you got? Will put? Who will Pully? Hey? You talk about you evaluating them.
Speaker 5: You want to give yourself a chance to win, a chance to do something.
Speaker 1: I mean, who's the back?
Speaker 3: Who's the backup in New York anyway? Who's the backup quarterback? It's somebody known to Drew lock right.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean look they gamble. Hey Jim, how that looking out? God?
Speaker 2: You can run the ball fairly well, I mean Porter Jr. Runs the ball really well, singletary, he gets your quarterback. No team is good enough to overcome poor quarterback play.
Speaker 3: Not for now. You might win a game or two, because we.
Speaker 2: Saw the night Jerry Golf turned the ball over my time and his team came back.
Speaker 5: But you and the teams don't have that kind of high power, octane offense either.
Speaker 2: No, no, they don't. The Giants currently hold the number one pick. I stay in that position, but they have a new coach year. Dak Prescott is planning to undergo season ending on the partially torn hamstring, and in an opinion of one final specialist, Chefter added that Dak will meet with the specialists in New York, but the Cowboys doctor already believed he needs surgery that would sideline him for the four months. The Cowboys did not place Dack on injury reserve today. Trading away, Hold on trading away a fourth round pick four days before it comes out to your quarterback. Hold on that that does make it even more egregious because you knew Dak was injured and you traded for anyway. I don't care that Mingo has two years left on his deal. Completely insane price if you know the season is probably over.
Speaker 3: That's what Dave Hellman.
Speaker 5: Uh, Hey, Jerry said he was going to get a receiver. He said, you said you were going to get a received He went and got one. He went and got one. Listen, we do what see we're gonna see tomorrow. We're gonna see tomorrow. I hope I hope that has I hope that uh he heals fast. I hope he heals fast. You know, scrap.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 1: I hope he's fast. I'm definitely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can heal slow.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about to come back I mean this season.
Speaker 5: I mean just in general, going to heal fast so we can he can get back and yeah, not get back out there on the field, but just get back into a groove of working yourself back into shape and being able to throw the ball. That's one thing you don't play with soft tissue injuries. Hey, that growing that growing that hamstring?
Speaker 1: Uh, the key keys area, your calf.
Speaker 6: Calf, Well, I don't I don't you see uh you see what uh hamstring zions go miss time with a hamstring, Kevin, the Uran's gonna miss time with a caw.
Speaker 3: That uh because of you, that believe you.
Speaker 2: You play with your little body where you go with Don'll think grab it.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully, like you said, they get you know, you get he gets the final prognosis, He gets done what he needs to get done, and uh he's ready to come back next year and rebuild.
Speaker 3: Dak is dealing with a.
Speaker 2: Parcel of vote which is off the bone hamstring, which means part of the tendon has pulled away from the run. He has not been put on injury reserve. If he is put on injury reserve, he would have to sit out the minimum four games, which would keep him out until at least December night against the Bengals. That's a win for y'all, Ojo, but that probably would be longer to recover than the four week period that the injured reserve requires. Teams says confidence in Cooper Rush is there for Cooper, but we know what Cooper can do.
Speaker 3: Ojo. Is it time to see Trey Lance?
Speaker 1: I mean, even if we do want to see Trey Lance.
Speaker 5: I mean, the backup quarterback is Cooper Rush, and we say we know what Cooper Rush can do. Actually we don't because we haven't seen Cooper Rush this year. We don't know how Cooper Rush are going to look with this offensive line. We don't know how Cooper Rush is going to look without the running game.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 5: So we have to see Cooper Rush with this Dallas Cowboys defense. Because the Cooper we did see the Dallas Cowboys was a completely different team then it was a complete difference.
Speaker 3: They a lot better exactly, they can play deepen.
Speaker 5: So the Cooper Rush we gonna see now is a different type of Cooper Rush that has different players around him, and he's going to have to do more. He's gonna have to do more. So I mean, I would love to see Trey Lance. I don't want to see try Lance with that officer line. I don't want to see Trey Lance on as a Dallas Cowboys quarterback with no running game. I don't want to see Trey Lance as a Dallas Cowboys quarterback with only Ceedee Lamber throw the ball to no disrespect to the rest of receivers, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Just being honest. They went and got Yes, they went to got brother min Mingo from the Panthers. No disrespecting him either. My young boy wasn't even getting or seeing the field the way he should be as a Carolina Panther. But Jerry says, we're going to make a move for avery receiver. I thought you'd be making a move for someone that can contribute and come in right now and make a difference and help botht of that offense.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys gave up a fourth round pick for Jonathan Mingo Bojo. The Chiefs gave up a fifth round pick for the harp The Jets gave up a fourth round pick for Davanta Adams. The Ravens got Deontay Johnson for a fifth round pick. The Cowboys got Mingo for a fourth round pick, And Jerry said, ain't nobody to do a better job than him.
Speaker 5: I think age. I think age might have something to do with that. You think age has anything to do with that?
Speaker 2: Agent base the pick on the value, the value which go one of those guys. You think Hopkins or Adams is more val Who's value more valuable? Mingo Adams or Hopkins.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously the one with the more extensive resume.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Chiefs gave up a fifth round pick to get d Hap the Jets gave up a fourth round pick to get Davonte Adams.
Speaker 3: You're the other guy wasn't even playing.
Speaker 2: And you gave a fourth round pick, And you want to tell your fans, you want to get on get on radio and on camera and crow about nobody can do a better job than you. The person that delivers the mail could have done a better job than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I don't. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I don't understand that the decision making uh by the Cowboys, their organization.
Speaker 3: Uh, ain't no cowboy Jerry understand.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what he's doing. I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: And you know, oh, Joe, the sad part is he don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna critically You told me now that you told me to slow down in that area and being critical of that individual.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna let you have that.
Speaker 3: He don't know what he's doing, he don't. It ain't my fault. He don't know what the hell he doing.
Speaker 2: Damn man, damn, here's the problem that he has. See, here's the problem Jerry has. Jerry wants to be the smart in the room. You see what happens when you run a business. You don't need to be the smartest whole thing. Because if you the smartest in the room, why the other mo fos.
Speaker 3: In the room? Bingo?
Speaker 5: I was I was just gonna say that if you're the smartest in the room, you were actually in the damn the wrong damn room.
Speaker 1: You're in the wrong room to begin with.
Speaker 3: That's this bad game, for this bad game before round people do they played? Let me see what last time? Let me see.
Speaker 2: I bet I got to google him o, Joe, I gotta see keep talking.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just can't believe that Jery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he had to make a move though, uh who else?
Speaker 3: Who else was to get?
Speaker 1: He had to make a move whatever that move was going to be.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He had to make a move of what. So let me ask you a question, do you believe he's improved this team with this acquisition? Because you make a move, you're making a move to improve your roster.
Speaker 1: To make a move.
Speaker 5: He didn't say it was the move was going to be one to improve the roster. But what he did do it he added the body. He added the body. Maybe John, Maybe a change the senior is good for Mingo. Maybe a change the senior is good for him. And he comes to the Cowboys and he's able to contribute in the way that he couldn't win the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that's the case for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: He was a second he was a second round pick out of Mississippi. He had twelve reception for one hundred and twenty one yards. He had one catch in the past four games. Only two games in his career has he had more than four catches.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's that that sucks, man.
Speaker 3: He was averaging.
Speaker 2: He's tied for the lowest marked by wide receiver with at least fifty targets at four less than four yards, at less than five yards per target.
Speaker 5: You know what. You know what, Also, it's not being in position to make those plays. That's like, i mean, based on the stats that you just read off to me, they're like, here, we're gonna give you minimum opportunities with the basics and see what you could do with it.
Speaker 1: That's why his numbers look like that.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, do you realize, sir, they traded Amari Cooper for a fifth round pick to Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, again, I was just traded.
Speaker 2: A four a third round the Buffalo didn't Buffalo just trade a third or fourth round pick to Cleveland to get a Coup And the Cowboys traded the fourth fifth And they just traded the fourth to get this dude. So let me ask you this, at what point in time do you think this dude was better than Coup and should have went for a high pick.
Speaker 1: The way the owners think? Boy?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't no owner, he think. Yeah, ain't nobody doing that?
Speaker 1: Only in his second year, ain't he? Young?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 2: Yes, he was a second round pick in the twenty three A baby brock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a baby. He's a baby.
Speaker 3: He got he got. They gave him a third of Cleveland to get Tomarin Cooper. Jerry traded him three years ago for Phil How you trade a guy for Philth three years ago and three years later he goes for the team that you traded him to for Philth traded him for a third Now, why didn't do that day.
Speaker 5: He's trying to get He was trying to get that guy damn salarly off the books. That's what he was trying to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, get the salary of the book, right, But do you realize how foolish you look by doing it? Yeah, but you still even though you got even though you don't have to pay for the coming season, you still got dead money on it on your books.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if I got dead money on the books, at least'm gonna get a highest draft pick. Boy, thinked about this, Ojo. The guy was stuck on the bench. Yeah, so the Panthers wanted to get of it. The Panthers got no leverage. Oh Joe, he's not playing, he's getting work. He's had hold on how many catchers that they had the last two?
Speaker 3: Hold on? What time is it? It's twelve twenty nine, at eleven forty five. I'm reading a post.
Speaker 2: I'm hurting and now I O two K y'all tune in the nightcap we started now now this is from check Mark Blue check Mark Chad Johnson at O Joe Sinko?
Speaker 1: Is that your you know what? That's a typo. I meant to hit the one.
Speaker 5: You know how your fingers slipped, you know, Now the one in the two is real close to each other.
Speaker 3: The one in the two I do.
Speaker 5: I do this all the time when I'm because my fingers are fat and you know the keep had on the iPhone is small, so I just.
Speaker 2: Wow, make sure make sure you slip another thousand with that other thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's definitely definitely was a miss a miss a missprint, miss type h.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence will not play Sunday. Options are being explored, explored. Surgery is not off the table.
Speaker 3: Oh choe. Time for the Jacks to move on from Peterson and Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Now you know, Trevor Lawrence isn't going nowhere. Trevor Lawrence just got paid. He definitely not going nowhere, you know. So Uh, if anything, players get coaches fired based on Trevor performances this year, Uh, he probably could get.
Speaker 1: Doug Peterson might be.
Speaker 5: One of the few bright one of the few right lights that are shining over there in Jacksonville is that guy Damn Bryan Something Jr. And every time I get opportunity to give young Bull praise. But that's one of the great things going on for them offensively outside of at M when he's when he's healthy, that that that's it. And Trevor Lawrence he had to look, he had to look. He has the pedigree, the arm strength, you know, the size, and the moxie, all the things. The scout's looking for a franchise quarterback. And I thought he was that. I thought he was that. He just hasn't been able to get over the hump and have the consistency that the other quarterbacks have the c j S trials. Hell that Jane Dames has only been there in the year and he's doing it already. Who else the Joe burrows, the Josh allens until he finds a way to find that consistent rhythm week in and week out.
Speaker 1: You know you're gonna have bad games.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have bad Yeah.
Speaker 5: It strings them together back the back the back and shows flashes of brilliance and who he can be. You got to get out of those flashes of brilliance and show a little bit more consistency and that's the only way the Jaguars are gonna be in contention or even Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Peterson saves his Jobo Joe not after this year. They missed the playoffs. Last year, Remember, at one point in time they were the number one seed in AFC, And if they proceed to lose their last four or five games and knock themselves out of the playoffs, not only not only not win the division, but they don't.
Speaker 3: Even make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And then the year before they had a twenty four twenty seven nothing leave and they end up losing that game in the playoffs against the Chargers. So I think it's just a matter of time. I think it's borrow time in which he's on. I agree with you, Doug Peterson is not coming back in twenty five. Trevor Lawrence is because they paid him a boatload of money, and you move him now that that's gonna probably be one hundred plus million dollars in gamecap, and plus he's only twenty five yar age, so you're not moving on from him.
Speaker 3: But I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I like Doug Peterson, but I just don't know how you say how he saves his job unless they go on a seven game win streak and end up winning the vision of making the playoffs. But other than that, Old Joe, I don't see how I don't see how he saves the job.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: Christian McCaffrey will make his debut this weekend against the Bucks. Are the forty nine ers about to get back on truck Ocho? They got the Bucks at Tampa, they got Seattle at home, at Green Bay, at Buffalo, Chicago at home, Rams at home at Miami Detroit at home on a Monday night, and Blacks game two b D against They're a little week a team.
Speaker 3: Do you think they do? You think they're going a round?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I think they would have went on a run even if CMC didn't come back. I think they went on a run. But just adding him back to the offense and the dynamic that he brings in the past the game and running game is tremendous. It makes it that much more difficult for you to defend them, you know, defensively. You know, I know Brandon Ayuk is out. I think Juwan Jennings is coming back.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken, Debo's back, Kittles are still there and you know, you at CMC. That makes them that much more drages Mike Shanahan will CMC back The play book opens up even more exponentially.
Speaker 1: That's a big word for me. I can't spell it, but it's a big word for me.
Speaker 2: Saw with drug test did after the reverse, oh Joy explained why the NFL does. Just the people at home when something spectaclar guy has you know, three touchdown catchers or two hundred yards or one hundred and eighty yards rush, and a guy have three board sacks, all of a sudden, randomly he comes up on a drug test.
Speaker 5: Anytime you have a game like that, Jamar Chase, Jamar Chase, please expect the drug tests in your locker tomorrow or Monday morning, whatever.
Speaker 1: Whatever day it is.
Speaker 5: Normally, when you have a performance like that, a performance that doesn't happen as frequent or as often, the drug test you.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what they're what they're thinking they're going to catch.
Speaker 5: I think they just have an insight. Well, this doesn't happen as often as it should. So that the fact that it happened today and in this game, and you've had numbers that are kind of extraordinary, We're gonna test you and see if you took something that resulted and help me you perform the way you did today.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 5: I never forget I got drug tested a few times. One that I can remember clear as day was a performance after we played the San Diego Chargers.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget we played the San Diego Chargers.
Speaker 5: I think I had a two sixty yard day, twenty sixty yr day, two touchdown, two touchdown game.
Speaker 3: Shane broke your record to night, I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he had he had two sixty four tonight. He broke my record last year, his rookie year. Remember he had he had two sixty six. Oh yeah, two sixty sixty. But he broke it last year. He had two sixty four.
Speaker 1: To night, And I mean had multiple games like that is unreal, unreal.
Speaker 5: And then you have to think today, today's game is a lot different than it was when we were playing on you know, it was we were run first. Now they throw the guy damn ball all over the place. You can't play defense, you can't touch nobody, So the game is the game is kind of kind of different now where it's almost damn near like seven h seven with helmets and pads on.
Speaker 1: But through that mother Chase mash for that mother Fuguyet Boys special.
Speaker 3: Yo Choe one of the NFL players is an heir to a five hundred million dollar potato empire. Saints Center Connor McGregor is an eighth NFL season and his family company is the biggest potato producer in America. Their main potato supplier of McDonald's raising canes, Wendy's and Friedo Lake Chips and When and mcguvern was drafted by the Broncos in twenty sixteens, some of his teammates were curious while he was playing football when he can make far more money back on farming. His response, I wanted to make a name for myself and showed that my hard work earned myself something and I wasn't riding the coattails of everybody. But whenever his NFL career ends, the thirty one al Center said he would go back to RD what is offer his family's company, back to research. I guess, research and developed. Though, he said, he'll work his way up from the bottom just like everybody else and earn his way up, just like he did in his football career. So the next time you're snacking on McDonald fry, remember those potatoes are likely coming from Connor mcgovernor. Mcconno mcgovernan's family fall. That's dope.
Speaker 5: That's dope, And I like that most of the time, when you have success or a kid is born into wealth, they don't have that same drive and that work that it takes to want to work and actually put the work in to earn and see what it's like to have the responsibilities and what it takes to earn that kind of money to be able to support yourself. So I'm not sure if his parents raised him that way, but the fact that he is the way he is is commendable. And then not only for the business to already be successful, but they have an NFL career and say, I'm gonna make good money in NFL and then when I do retire, I'm gonna start from the bottom of the business and work my way back up to the top. Ain't too many people built like that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but he should because I'm sure he doesn't know the business because he was like playing football, college football, NFL football, like the people that's already there. Although a lot of times, yeah, you're right over to a lot of time family members, Hey, my family company that I want to start at a VP level as opposed to an entry level learn the ropes and work your way up. That's why I've always been impressed by Peyton Manning. His dad made lots of money, ELI made lots of money, and they gonna be number one draft picks overall and make careers for themselves.
Speaker 3: You have to commend that when your dad.
Speaker 2: Is somebody, your mom, your family is somebody, and you say, yeah, that's finding good. But I want my own name. And that what people people used to tell me all the time. Man, your brother got money, that's his money. My brother don't want to be taking care of no grown ass man. He got a wife and kid. So what I want to earn my own I want to do my own thing. I appreciate everything that my brother gave me. He gave me, he gave me just enough to make me desire to get more. But on my own I saw the thing that he had and he knew, he knew I wanted to be like him.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, bro cha, DEI look what I got.
Speaker 1: Damn inspiring, ain't it?
Speaker 3: Man? And I wouldn't got everything with the exception.
Speaker 2: With the exception, he had a I don't know if you remember this, Joe, but in the eighties they came out with a BMW called the M three. It had a spoil on the back and everything with the exception of that, and he had a typhoon.
Speaker 3: Every other car that my brother.
Speaker 2: Had, I got it. He got a Ferrari, I got a Ferrari. He got a Big Bins, I got a big Benz. Whatever car he had, I got because that's what I saw. That's what drove that's what motivated me. And for Connor mc governed family to be who they are. And he said, no, yeah, that's a good thing. But I want my own name. That's life, and no matter what happens, I've had an NFL career that spanned eight years. Maybe it goes nine ten, who knows. But when my career is over, yeah, I'm still young.
Speaker 3: Oh think about it, he'll only be thirty. Let's just say, for the sake of his career. Goal is in another two years he'll be thirty three years of age. Yeah he can. I mean, he's made good money. He could tire if he want to be.
Speaker 2: Say, now we're gonna go into back the family business and we're gonna expand.
Speaker 3: So I bet I love that.
Speaker 2: I love I love I love when kids come from wealthy families or well off families and don't feel entitled. I love that no matter what you know, you know what you want to say, because a lot of time they have access. Broun had access. Lebron made sure he had the best trainer, he had the best nutritionist, he had the best coaches, he had the best of everything. But the kid says, I want to make it on my own. Now, he's never gonna be able to outrun his dad's shadow. His daddy is Lebron. It's just like Jordan kids. They're never gonna be out able to run the doors dad shadow. But just because that's my dad, I shouldn't want for myself help. So you mean to tell me I can't. I can't walk to accompledge something. Just my last name is supposed to get it. So I commend the kids. I commend him. I love the opportunity. Look he's supposed to You're supposed to give them an opportunity. All this old nepotism and your ass out my face. But like I said, I won't, I won't, I won't. I love when kids want to be something on their own. You know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, but my name I can't do anything. I can't help who my parents are, what I was born into. But I have a desire to be known more by more than that. I did that on my own. Yeah, my best, my brother. But Sterling ain't catch no passes at Savannah State. He ain't catch no passes for the Broncos or the Ravens. So no matter what, Jeff and Andy, y'all know this. You know this, NFL want to know who can help?
Speaker 3: Can you help? Can you help me win games?
Speaker 1: That's all to come down to because game.
Speaker 3: Played over here, he played over the Green Bay. He up a Green Bay win game, So kudos you called mcgoverned o Jo m the coop says he could play in the NBA with these I think it would be so easy to transition from the NFL to the NBA less than three months.
Speaker 1: Listen, I listen.
Speaker 5: As much as I love I love Pook, I love my NFL players, especially the lead players at the at the NFL level, I don't think they understand. I know, you go, you go to LA Fitness, you go to the to the rec center. Maybe you play with hoopers sometimes, uh, maybe you play with tall player sometimes that I don't think they understand the difference and how good the not even the elite, some of the worst NBA players, how good they are once they're in an instruction environment. And it's disrespectful for Poole to be able to be able to say, you know what, I can come and transition.
Speaker 3: And things.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 5: Some dudes is good, man, even as good as you may think you are, when you're playing against regular people, different, it's different. I understand that because I ran with him for I ran with him. I ran with him in New York. What's the name of the gym R everybody work out at U fifty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, listen, man, I thought I thought. I thought I can get out there because I'm I'm quick. You know I'm fast, and you know I'm twitchy and sh I ain't had listen. I felt bad. I felt embarased because I had no business out there. None of my shit was working.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you this week. But here's the thing, Oh Joe, when you say he can play, I ain't thinking. I don't think he's talking about he gonna go get fifteen. I think he say he gets some rebound, says some picks.
Speaker 5: I mean, I said, man, you come off a pick unless you you got to be a real shooter like that, you know, come off a pick or something like that, come off a screen.
Speaker 1: But you man, listen, man, then you got them trees down.
Speaker 5: There too, six nine, six ten, six eleven, got to you got twos that six six sixty seven. Man, you ain't doing nothing with that man. You ain't doing nothing with that man.
Speaker 1: At all unless you special.
Speaker 5: And he don't have that kind of You don't have that kind of that kind of talent like a job Morna or Russell Westbrook were you're just gonna blow by people, you know, based off skill set DNA.
Speaker 2: Now, he got a last little game he was in. He was he was on my team in Celebrity Off Star game. He got a nice little game.
Speaker 3: I ain't know. I ain't saying he got no NBA game.
Speaker 1: Damn okay, okay making show. Now that's what I say. Against regular people, he looked good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gives you three or four rebounds or something like that. Oh Joe, I ain't said the Bago go out.
Speaker 1: There and hit like four five threes and man, it's different.
Speaker 8: Man, what's the Let me ask you this, what's the what you think is the easier transition.
Speaker 2: Oh, the easy transition is basketball or football, he thinks, so yeah, because no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Normally, guys that that transition they play football, right. You don't see no football players, say, you know what, Uh, Charlie Ward did Charlie. But Charlie Ward played football and basketball in college. And you see a lot of guys that transitioned. Tony Guns Dollars played football and basketball. Julian football and basketball.
Speaker 3: Here, no curR. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is is that it all depends on the position. A lot of times you your tight end, Jimmy Graham, or you being a d lineman. Mm hmm, well you ain't playing little wire receiver, you're playing litt dB.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: See that's my thing. When I told me when I was getting recruited in high school, they told me my cousin went to Miami, right, so he ended up playing He was playing D N and shit. So I'm like, all right, cool, he said, man, look cause I ain't gonna lie. The last couple of cats they brought down here, that was our side. They made tight ends. I said, listen, bro, I holler, I ain't playing no tight end. Dog, I ain't blocking. I ain't doing none of that.
Speaker 3: Holler.
Speaker 8: I got told another forty five pounds through twenty.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not put. You'd have been good. They put twenty pounds on you. You'd have been hailing.
Speaker 8: I'm straight, man, I ain't blocking nobody thing. No, And y'all got so y'all got See that's the difference for me, see for football to basketball, and intellectually y'all are way smarter than what y'all see y'all be in these meetings. Y'all know all the plays. Y'all got a book this long, bro, I've been on teams with dudes. We got ten players. They don't know nothing of
Speaker 3: The volume