Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man, Welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Joshua P. Warren back with us. Paranormal investigator and host of The Strange Things on the Coast to Coast Day and Paranormal podcast Network. His work explores the universal relationship between matter and matter and energy. He's in demand as an expert on ghosts, UFOs, cryptids, psychic phenomena, time warps, and everything that presses forth the boundaries of normal reality. Josh Welcome, Happy holidays, Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Georgia, Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you as well. It's great to be able to share some time during this magical point in the year.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this chat with you tonight. But give me your thoughts on these drones that have been flying over New York and New Jersey. What do you think is going on?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think we are seeing Fanta Claus doing any test fights so honestly, because so many people claim that they look like a drone, and some of them do look kind of like some exotic, morphous weird technology that's sort of sprinkled out there as all that most of the fightings say they look like a big zone. And you know, there are some authorities. For example, I believe there was a colonel with the New Jersey State Police who said one of their helicopters flew right over top of one of these drones and it was a very mechanical, tangible thing that was about six feet across. And when you take all those into account, if we believe what our government is telling us, and they don't know what they are, and that may not be true. Obviously dald Trump hasn't situated that that may not be the case that they're conceiving us. But if what they are saying is true and they don't know what they are, that I would say that you consider that most of the drones we have are made in China. And also, well you see that the Chinese were willing to fly and the balloon across our con street to gather information that and they basically got away through that. It would make sense to me that they're the likely But this is some kind of Tinese technology and they're trying to gather some sensitive innovation take advantage of transitionive Pepper that's going on right now before Trump takes off the next month.
Speaker 2: Well, it's pretty dramatic stuff that you've been doing. Joshua pe Warren has been doing this for a long time for us. I don't know if you haven't heard his podcast yet of Strange Things, as Tom has been mentioning over the past couple of weeks. It's on the Paranormal Podcast Network and it is truly remarkable. It's a show that he does. Now we've got Sandra Champlain doing it as well. Plus we also have Captain Ron doing his on UFOs. But the Josh has got some great scary things. And what we did is we asked him. We said, Josh, tell me tell me this all right back now, what happened the magic of Santa Claus?
Speaker 3: Do we touch on a sensitive subject?
Speaker 2: Perhaps you never know? You never know, Josh, But we were talking about your podcast. How long you been doing that for us?
Speaker 3: Now? You know, I've been doing these Strange Things podcast on the Coast to Coast they have Paranormal Podcast Network for about I guess we're going on maybe four and a half years now. It's very hard to believe. It still kind of feels like a new project, and yet I just recently recorded the two hundred and twentieth episode, and that's quite impressive if you consider that. You know, each episode is an hour, including some commercials, not very many, and so there is plenty of content there for people who haven't heard the podcast that want to go back and start from the scratch and listen to the whole saga if you will.
Speaker 2: Well, let's have some paranormal fun talking about Christmas and Santa Claus. You've getting in a lot of calls from people who claim to be seen Santa Claus popping up all over the place. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know, this goes back to a research project that I really started in two thousand and eight. You know, we're talking about going back about almost seventeen years ago. And I've always been interested in this concept of the so called pulpa. And what I mean is, for thousands of years, there has been a belief in certain cultures that reality is a flexible thing. And if someone with a very powerful mind focuses over and over on visualizing something like a particular being or a character that that might actually be externalized, the person could project that from his or her brain and create this being, and it's even more powerful a group of people do this collectively. It's the projection of a fault form. And the thought form is not just some kind of a mindless hologram, but we're also talking about it taking on some consciousness and interactivity of its own, literally giving birth to it directly from one's thoughts. And now I know that sounds pretty extraordinary, But a lot of people have believed that maybe some of these sightings we've had over the years, of these very famous powerful religious figures, like Mother Mary being seen at Fatima or in Portugal, or Lords or in France, or some of these areas where we have, of course massive sightings of angels or demons, maybe these are the products of Tulpa's well. One of the most powerful images that we all have had of a character for hundreds of years has been that of Santa Claus. And of course Santa.
Speaker 4: Claus is He's so real that in our minds that at a certain point in our lives often our parents tell us, they tell us he's real. And so I thought I would test out this Tulpa thing, and back in two thousand and eight, I started asking people if they'd ever.
Speaker 3: Seen Santa Claus. I sent out a newsletter. I have a free e newsletter that's on my website that goes out to thousands of people all over the world, free and spam free. So I hope everybody will sign up for that. And I said, look, this is not a joke. I'm wondering if you've ever seen Santa Claus. I'll keep your story private, but please just be honest with me and I'll take it seriously. And would you like to hear some of the feedback I got.
Speaker 2: I'd love to so.
Speaker 3: Here I have. For example, one of the first that came in was a woman from Miami who said nineteen eighty she not only saw Santa in her living room, but asked him where the toys came from, and he answered, quote, they are not made on Earth. I inspire the toymakers end quote, and then he disappeared. Then a woman from a Spencer, North Carolina said, in nineteen seventy two she clearly saw Santa and his sleigh pulled by a complete team of rain across the across the Christmas Eve sky at night there. And then in nineteen sixty three, a man from Dayton Tennessee swore to me that he and his brother saw sleigh tracks and possibly even some rainbeer tracks around their house after a visit from Santa. I mean, the list goes on and on. In fact, you know, I even wrote a TV proposal about this phenomenon one time, called I Saw Fanta Clause. So if any big TV producers want to call deact me, I think that would be a great special. But when these kinds of stories come in from adults and they're being serious and they're talking about having these types of encounters, it makes me wonder if this is indeed evidence that the Topa phenomenon is real.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Santa Claus personally.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I actually had to experiment with this myself, because you know, when I was a kid, I had some of those occasions where maybe I heard some jingle bells here and there in the night, and I wasn't sure what I was hearing. But I had a really bizarre experience that was very influential for me. Let's see, this was, well, my wife's family is from Texas, and so years ago, I think it was around twenty fifteen, my wife and I decided to go spend the Christmas season with her mother named Linda and her mother's husband named Dale, and they lived on this big ranch outside of San Antonio, Texas. And so because the ranch was so big, there were several buildings on the property, and we were there for over a month around Christmas time. Well, as you know, a lot of times I'm doing work late at night, and so there were times when I would go out. Maybe I'd get in the truck and drive across the property back of it into the woods where they had this sort of office and workshop that was off to the side, and then I could do interviews at night or whatever when normal people were sleeping. So I would spend time out there pretty regularly in the evening. So it was kind of creepy altogether. And during that stay, one point, Lauren and I we were walking through this shopping mall in San Antonio and we went through some department story and saw this very detailed, elaborate little Santa Claus doll, and I started thinking about this topa phenomenon and talk let me do an experiment. So I bought this doll. And then I brought that doll back when I was staying by myself in that little building on the back of the property at the ranch, and I would just put him at a prominent place, and every once in a while I would sit there for about maybe at least one or two minutes, and I would look at that doll and I would think of it as actually being Santa Claus, and I would talk to it as if it were Santa Claus, and I would tell it what I wanted for Christmas and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You would have.
Speaker 3: Thought I was Balker's probably if you did no otherwise, and you might have been right. But after about three occasions of me doing this, one evening, this was probably about eleven o'clock at night, my wife Lauren and I were standing in the kitchen with her mother, Linda, and obviously it was kind of late, so Dale had already gone to bed, and we were just sort of, you know, making small talk in the kitchen, and all of a sudden Dale comes walking out of his back bedroom and he said, is everybody okay? And we said yeah, why and he said, well, I just got a call from nine to one to one, and dispatch says that they received a call from the building out back on the property now of course, as far as we know, nobody had been in this building, and so he was just satisfied with the fact that we were okay. There was nobody else was supposed to be on the property. So he just told nine one one, I don't know, I can't explain it, and he went back to bed. So, of course, at this point I started thinking, oh my gosh, how could this happen. Did I succeed in creating some kind of a presence out there. Well, I couldn't help myself, even though it was dangerous. I didn't even arm myself. I got in that truck here about eleven thirty twelve o'clock at night by myself, and I drove up this long dirt road to that backside of the property. And when I got there, I didn't see anything that was disturbed. And I walked up and I crept in and I opened the door, and I didn't see anything out of place. I said, Santa, I know it's you. I know you're here, go ahead, do something else. I heard some kind of annoise in one of the rooms that actually I couldn't tell what it was. It almost sounded like an object falling. So at that point I got a little bit of frightened because I thought maybe there was actually somebody who'd broken into that building. So I waited a little bit until I didn't hear anything else that I crept back there and I shined my light and all I saw was couple of books that had fallen over, and they were very close to the doll. So after that, I went back and I said, this is kind of crazy, because I've been doing these experiments to create this tulpa and we get this call from the room with a building that nobody can explain. Well, the rest of the time we were there, nothing happened. But since then, every year around Christmas time, the light on that building blinks on and off at various weird times only around Christmas, and sometimes they actually hear what sounds like the voice of a man, deep voice, often laughing and shattering. And of course when they go there, no one is around. So I think, George, that may have been the closest I've ever come to creating a real Santa Claus tulpa.
Speaker 2: Do you think Santa Claus is mystical and has the ability to transform or is something physical?
Speaker 3: Well, you know that's the thing about these tulpas they may be. They it might be tempting to think of them as a non physical thing, because we think of thoughts as often being these non physical, amorphous and transient types of things. But actually there's no real distinctive difference between matter and energy, between physical matter and energy, it's only a matter of the rate at which it's vibrating. So in other words, I think that some of these things that we might consider fantasmal actually do have a physical component as well, And therefore you can't just say, again, these are like some kind of a holographic projection that they don't have a mind. When they manifest, they're very, very real, And you know what. The thing that's kind of spooky is that it's one thing to talk about Santa Claus, but there is also a flip side of this, and I'm talking about the fact that when I was asking people if they had ever seen some some kind of a stand or a reindeer oriented vision like that, sometimes they would say, well, no, But on Christmas Eve I saw something that was very scary and dark. For example, there was a man in New York who said in nineteen seventy that he got up in the middle of the night, he heard something in the living room. He thought that he was going to catch mom and dad leaving some presents. Instead, he walked down and was horrified to find being standing there that looked, he said, very much like the ghost of Christmas Yet to come, you know, the creepy one from Charles Dickens to Christmas Carol. Except this thing had horns, and that instantly reminded me of the anti Santa Claus, which, of course is the Crumpuss, one of the scariest things out there.
Speaker 2: Why would they develop the crumpus to scare the living daylights out of those kids in those days?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, crumpus has become quite popular. A few decades ago, most people in our country didn't even really know much about crumpus. The crumpus has been around almost as long as Santa Claus, some say even longer, and in German crumpus means claw, and in Central and Eastern Europe and these sort of alpine regions and their folklore, the crumpus is this tall, shaggy horned, bipedal sort of beasts, anthropomorphic with long gripping fangs and wild, fiery, frightening eyes, and the idea is that you know, when your kids are good, Santa Claus comes in and he gives them gifts and treats, but if they're bad, well then the Crumpus will visit instead. He comes in dragging chains and he will work his way into the town and essentially he will find the children. In some cases he'll beat up the parents and then drag the children off to his cave where he may even eat them. So it's a pretty dramatic punishment. And he runs around often with different types of whips and rods. And in fact, I have not been in certain areas of Europe, especially around Germany, during Christmas time, but I have heard it be very intimidating in some of these little towns because they have some of these traditional parades that they call the Crumpus Loss or Crumpus Run, and there are young men who'll just dress up as Crumpus and they will storm these little towns and villages, and I'm sure they've had quite a bit of ale to drink, and they will just go through sort of terrorizing the town, and a lot of the residents will will leave town as a matter of fact, on these nights when when the Crumpus run as popular, and so I suppose you can't have one without the other. It's one of those things that you know, if you've got the good guy who's going to give you the carrot, well the Crumpus is there to give you the stick. And I must say that you know whether or not we can consider these real spiritual entities that are coming here from some other dimension, at very least, you know, they're both certainly popular enough. They've been around long enough that I think it's easy to understand why these could be externalized as some kinds of holiday tulpus.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard stories of Crumpus hurting people?
Speaker 3: You know, nothing that I've verified now. Of course, if you look back historically, there are all kinds of legends about Crumpus literally kidnapping children, children disappearing around Christmas time. But you know, as far as anything that has been reported directly to me, only they've been very frightened. Now. Of course, the exception of that would be there was one man who also said that he hadn't experienced It wasn't on Christmas Eve, but it was close to Christmas, and this was somewhere in Oregon, and he said that he woke up at night and that there was a dark, beastly form that was clawing him and he was screaming. Of course he at this time he was a teenager, but he hit him to the sheet and then finally he ran away and the whole household woke up and they said, you know, you're just having a bad dream. And then of course he looks down and he has claw marks all over him. So we do have these kinds of stories about these encounters with dark entities around Christmas time. And you know, it makes me wonder if you know, you hate to bring this up, but you know, as much joy as there is around Christmas time, there are a lot of people who claim that it makes them very depressed. You know, we hear story it's about people feeling uh, you know, more suicidal, and I don't I don't have the statistics about that, but uh, there is unfortunately a dark component that comes with this, and maybe that you know, the cruppers has something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Listen to More Coast to Coast a m every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more