Speaker 1: What's CSBA checking in live and check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Bootleg Keev Show a special guest here be a superstar beer.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I just want to start the interview off because we just had this hypothetical situation where I was asking my boy because Millies came in and he has a pretty strong Boston accent for the most part, right, and can you kind of like break down to me like, well, one, you don't have like a crazy Boston accent, but like, do you have friends that are like women that have a hard time like finding good men because they sound like like, oh yeah, fucking Tom fucking Brady, they smoked cigarettes. Like I just I just to feel like if I grew up in Boston and a girl talk like, you know, millies are like slain, you know, I'd yeah, like, oh my god, come here, honey, go get the fucking com a little fucking drunk over here. Like I just feel like it'd be like a turnoffs, Like do you have friends that run into that.
Speaker 1: I don't have any friends that talk like that, but it's just like some of my friends moms okay, or like God bless their husbands. Maybe even sometimes my mom sounds like that's it's like an older like I feel like, you know, white Boston woman thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the CA, the Bay, the stop, like fi, let's go five like that. Yeah. Fucking Tom Brady. I love him. He's a buck, but I fucking love him still.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's his own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Do you still do you find yourself still rooting for Tom while he's retired now? But were you rooting for Tom when he was over in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say, like, I wouldn't say like rooting for him, but like, I definitely think he has like a warm place and every Bostonian or Massachusetts person's heart. Guys he should, Yeah, because all he's done for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: I think about that scene in Ted too where Ted like sneaks into his house to steal his com yes, and I was like, yeah, I'm sure a lot of people in Boston.
Speaker 1: Would have done so weird.
Speaker 2: Great movie by the great Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ted is an amazing movie.
Speaker 2: They're doing a TV show, have you heard?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't hear that, like a whole series, no way. Yeah, I hope I could be in it, shout out to Ted and like color me.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to say congrats because you have like turned into like a bona fide superstar.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And you've had like a really long journey in this music industry. You've been through deals where you know, certain people didn't get it, and you've just kind of just transformed into like, uh, one of the you know, artists on the forefront of this rap shit. So congratulations.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you a lot. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed like besides you know, obviously you're doing a lot of shows, You're doing a lot of festivals. That's you're doing clubs, You're in Vegas, you got you have Vegas residency right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have. I have one with dres right now. Before Drace, we did Jewel and Akassan so Tau group.
Speaker 2: Nah. But like, have you noticed, like for you, was there anything that changed in terms of like where you started to kind of see like things finally really like work out in a big way. Look were you in terms of like were you like doing anything differently or was it just like finally the kind of the stars like aligned, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit of both. I think when every every time you see like an artist have a moment, I think there's like a wonderful team behind the scenes, like that's helping them be great. And I also think that the stars are aligning. And what I've learned through those moments is just to like be way more confident with whatever it is I'm doing and just be sure of it before I press go, because then it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Fool proof for sure, do you Because I feel like there was like a moment where you had gotten off of RCA because you were on RCA.
Speaker 1: For a while, yeah, like four and a half years.
Speaker 2: Maybe, and then the Russ record happened, yes, and then I feel like after that it was just over.
Speaker 1: After that has been kind of busy because we well, actually it was crazy because the Best on Earth happened and then the pandemic hit, so we weren't really like able to work Best on Earth like in the clubs when it first came out. We didn't even end up performing it together till a year later, so that changes things. I think as well. There's a lot of songs that I think would have hit like in a different way had we been able to be outside and has had the stars in the line at that time. But either way, I'm super grateful for how it all turned out because I'm just like so blown away, like your plans are never going to be as good as God's plans for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think like I was just like thinking, like, damn, you got a record with Nikki and a record with j Cole like to the greatest of all time?
Speaker 1: Crazy, right, Yeah, Like do you ever like look.
Speaker 2: Back and just think like damn, the last two and a half years have been like this is kind of surreal, Like I gotta kind of do you appreciate it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely? Oh my goodness. Like everybody that knows me knows like I'm heavy on prayer, Like I talked to God like a million times a day, and I'm just super grateful. Like I'm one of those people that I I've seen so many moments like come and go for me, So now I'm learning to just be like way more present in those moments and appreciate them for what they are and not like I seek no expectations when I put music out. I just be like, all right, I'm gonna put this out, and whatever happens happens, and it's always some amazing stuff that happens, and so I'm always like it shocks me.
Speaker 2: Right, tell me the story on how because you've told it before. But like, the London record is one of my favorite joints you put out. You did a great job on that record, thank you. Yeah, it was. I've played the funk at it on the radio. But how does Cold end up on that particular song where you're doing the whole London thing.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because we went to the studio to go meet Cole for a whole completely different song, and before we were on our way out, I was like, hey, can I play you something? Like, you know, I'm working on my project. I want to play this song. And he's like, yeah, go ahead, press play. And he loved the song. He's like, I love the song. This is good. Like I was like, okay, you know what that's like. He just seemed like he really liked the song, and I wanted to send it to him like some random day. So like two weeks later, I think a month later, I said it to him and I was like, Hey, just send you this if you want to listen to it, if.
Speaker 3: You want to check it out, since you said you liked it in your car at the gym, like whatever you want, and yeah, it just ended up working out like that, Like he ended up liking the song enough that he wanted to put a verse on it, and I was so happy about that because.
Speaker 1: Like, look at that verse. It's like one of my favorite verses of all time.
Speaker 2: Oh he killed it. He got off on how.
Speaker 1: Can I just have seen this one and that one and I can have both?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he got all. He did not give you the throw away coverse. I know what he has by the way. I feel like every time he gets on some shit he bodies it.
Speaker 1: He does, and I honestly wanted to. I was like, yo, I'm gonna go because when I first cut the record London, it was like a vibee fun record Like Me and Disease, we just have fun, Like if you know us, we go to the studio and we just try to have a good time. So we weren't, oh, we don't really try to overthink anything or try to make a hit or try to make a certain type of record. We just catch a vibe. So I wasn't overthinking or like pushing my pen to the to the bars, like expecting to get Jake Cole on that song. So when he put his verse on it, I'm like, I'm gonna go redo my verse. They're like He's like no, no, no, they wouldn't. They told me not to. They would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of like ating.
Speaker 1: But like I was like, bro, who thinks when they cut like a random reference that Cole is going to be on that song? Yeah? Crazy.
Speaker 2: I think that's against like unset rap roles too. If you send a record in with your verse and then it comes out and your verse is way.
Speaker 1: Different, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think that might have been the root of the whole like cannabis ll thing back.
Speaker 1: But I didn't do it because I didn't want to change the essence and the energy because you know, some songs they got that a certain like energy to him.
Speaker 2: Did like anybody in London like feel like you were appropriating their accent.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody said that to me.
Speaker 2: But I just wonder because everyone's so sensitive these days, and like you know, I was shout to England, the colonizers, of all colonizers, I just wonder if they had like yo, yo, what like you're taking our you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I got so much love in London such a great record. Like I love London so much, and it became like my second, like I want to say, like my second or third home, because I was traveling in London so often around that time. So when we when it came time that I did London, I was just so inspired by the culture. Yeah, so I was just like, how can I put this culture in the song without trying to like piss anybody off, but still make it my own.
Speaker 2: You've worked with Pharrell and you have the new record where you're working with Timbaland and shout out to Timberland, who, Yes, in my opinion, he's my personal He's not my favorite, but he's to me the go because I think his range is so crazy. But what was it like, what's the difference between working with Pharrell and Timberland, who are on the mount rushmore of the producer game.
Speaker 1: You know, they're completely different people. They're completely they have completely different like styles and approaches. I'd say, like, I mean they both The one thing I do say is like similar when it comes to like great great great producers is they're very much like into the vibe, like whatever, there's like an energy, you know what I'm saying the vibe has to be good for like, the vibe has to be right. So I'm just so grateful that I've worked with both of them, because they're so different. I can't say, like, really, what what.
Speaker 2: About the process? Are you like either of those guys? Have you cooked up from scratch with them or they just playing you like a folder?
Speaker 1: Yes, we cooked it from scratch many times. Yet nice. Well, that weekend that I worked with Timberland, it was the weekend of Art Bazo, we cooked up from scratch. And then there's been many times I've cooked up from scratch of.
Speaker 2: Well, nice, how was our basil?
Speaker 1: Our pazel was vibes? I like Art Bazzel. You'm not really that like to too into our I don't know enough about it, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's fair. I feel like I'm the same way. I appreciate it. I A'm buying it, but I appreciate it. I'll buy like a you know, a print of it. Yeah, you know, no, I'll buy it like that, like that's art, like a dude redid the WrestleMania thirteen posters? So I bought it, you know, and I appreciated it.
Speaker 1: Or like if there's a what about if there's an artist that you that you're like, oh, I like your work also, I'll buy it and support and like grab a piece.
Speaker 2: Sure if I know the artists, Yeah, I don't know any of those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all the artists need to hit you on our Instagram and show you.
Speaker 2: Know where I get though. It's got to be fly, you know, it's got to be it's some good art. Oh, for sure. Some of the show I don't get though. It was like teach his own.
Speaker 1: Like the plaint spatter is not your stuff?
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't get it. So you go to Miami for artbassele, you end up any strip clubs at all? Like, do you do ale out there?
Speaker 1: I love eleven? I Yeah, I love eleven. They're like they're like really good friends.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've been you've been booked there before, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been booked at eleven quite a few times. I love eleven so much. It's like my happy place.
Speaker 2: I think it is quite possibly the best club in the world. It's like top five, top three, top two, maybe one. I'd say that because it's like you get the best of it. It's like a Vegas club with chicks.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and it's twenty four hours. Yeah, like you got to be like a man I'm a maniac.
Speaker 2: So what's the latest or the earliest in the morning You've walked out of a club.
Speaker 1: The next day like two pm? Jesus, Yeah, eleven.
Speaker 2: How many hours were wait? Wait how many hours were you there?
Speaker 1: Probably ten eleven hours?
Speaker 2: What are you doing inside of eleven for that long? Is there? I mean, are you I mean obviously throwing money or drinking, raging? Raging?
Speaker 1: Yeah, raging, of course, that's a lot. Dancing, raging, drinking, dancing, rage.
Speaker 2: I've walked out of the booby trap at around nine am. Yeah, but that's like, to me, that's manageable in Miami, like two pms. That's a lot. That's super degenerate. Y.
Speaker 1: I think we weren't there at like eight am.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: So you're like seven am from I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Were, like yo, I performed at two thirty and I stayed until the whole twelve hour ship that bitch.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I didn't perform and stay. It was like we were outside and then we went to eleven for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Ah, what is they got breakfast like almonds and jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got like I think it's chicken and waffles. That's in the morning, if you're going, if you go in the morning, because they're twenty four hours. So we had been out all night and then we went to eleven and I think we love it, Like two pm.
Speaker 2: Is it nice to have the Barbs in your corner? I feel like the Barbs fuck with you and that's a good place to be in and just in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've They've shown me so much love and so much support. Like the Barbes are like like who needs uh? Like for Niki, it's like she doesn't even need a label, like shes are their own arms.
Speaker 2: Like she just read the last night because she didn't go to met Gallon. She was like number one on trending legend. It's crazy because the Barbs came to my defense because I said something about, uh, I love Little Kim, but I said something that little Kim's whatever they're called, they're her barbs, and they came at me crazy for like two days and then the Barbs have my back. They're crazy. It sounds like a real army. What is do you have a fan based name?
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I've teetled and toddled with a couple of names, but I think I'm gonna probably just find one that comes naturally, like yeah, m hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you seen Swarm on Amazon Prime? Yes?
Speaker 1: I did. It's really really crazy.
Speaker 2: And it's also kind of like scary like that it's kind of like not too far from reality, like and.
Speaker 1: It's it's a little crazy because you don't really see women serial killers. M hm.
Speaker 2: So that was there was that one movie, uh Monster with Shirley's Starron Did you ever watch that? She was a serial killer. She was like a prostitute. She used to kill truckers. Yeah, it was a good movie. I'm gonna she's like really beautiful girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She she like took on a role as like this like white trash like trucker lady who was like a lot lizard. Do you know what a lot lizard is?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know what a lot lizard is.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot lizard. If you're a truck driver. They have truck stops and it's girls who offer lonely men who are in trucks at truck stops in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Certain services so why they call them lizards?
Speaker 2: That's just what they call them. They call them a lot lizard.
Speaker 1: That is gross.
Speaker 2: It is gross.
Speaker 1: Well it's a dirty name, like.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't disagree. It's a dirty name for a dirty job. Yo. On this record, you drop sixteen, which I think is dope because you're getting your shit off on that.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, give me some yo.
Speaker 2: What so what job did you get fired from? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I had like a job at a like when I was, I had tons of jobs. I had every single job like grocery store, bar attending, waitressing, but it was like a bartending job. I didn't. Oh yeah, it was a bartending job and themselves and foot locker too, foot locker. Yeah, but I had I have a great relationship with full locker, like I was like employee of the year. Really No, no, no, not really. But could you were you like top tier assistant?
Speaker 2: Were you back door in any of the shoes?
Speaker 1: No? I had keys and everything. I was super responsible, like good employee. I was that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you weren't like if the pair Jordan's came in.
Speaker 1: I wasn't stealing.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not saying stealing. You might set up a paraside for your for the homie like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Did that a few times. Yeah, yeah, I used to do that for my friends.
Speaker 2: What was the last real job you had? Was it the bar to anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you just like did you literally tell them fuck you when you when you got fired?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't actually, not that one one of them. Yeah, but not not the last one.
Speaker 2: So you could make a drink like you could make like yeah, imb.
Speaker 1: I'm actually like I can make it. I'm really a chef?
Speaker 2: Can you cook everything?
Speaker 1: Literally everything?
Speaker 2: When you say you're really a chef? What does that mean? Like the same do you have like a certificate that says, so are you just I'm a hood chef? You're a hood chef? Okay? Yes, So what's like the go to if I had to be like, Okay, Shelby, like what is your what are you gonna make there? You're very confident in, well, what do you like? I'm I'm into everything. I'm a fat fuck as we discussed, because.
Speaker 1: Like I got I got some famous dishes of mine, Like if you.
Speaker 2: Had to cook a dish for uh, give me the Gordon Ramsey dish. He's sitting there all right, like I'm gonna cook you, so.
Speaker 1: I would make it. I would make a medley of things, okay, because I feel as though if I have a med ley, I can't lose. If you don't like one thing, he's gonna like another thing. So I would do these lamb chops that I do, these garlic charred mint lamb chops. Then they very like taste level, like very very high, like it's not even regular at all. And then I would do a Chilean sea bass, and then I would do on another day, if you come, I would do coconut curry chicken and white rice. Jesus, that's a famous meal of mine. The people go crazy for you see, he's not people go the people go absolutely insane. And last but not least, Lasagna rolls talking about it.
Speaker 2: That sounds fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their little roles.
Speaker 2: Yo. The best Italian food I ever had was in Boston and Little Italy and there's like those little bakeries that stay open all night. Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, Cano's Oh my goodness, I missed Canoli.
Speaker 2: I be got out the fucking club from DJ and shit Face and there was a fucking bakery open at three in the morning, Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Is going on over here.
Speaker 2: I love a bakery so lasagna rolls. Yo, what's good man? We got to stop the interview to tell you about our good folks at my bookie. That's right man. NBA season is winding down. Playoffs are going down. So many ways you can get money. You could bet on who you think is go win the finals. You can get your prop bets per game. We are finally down to the final eight. Right now, my son's ain't looking good at the time of recording. Not looking good. Look, go to my bookie dot ag right now. Sign up. I've been gambling on my bookie for over ten years, so listen, come and join. Let's get this money together MyBookie dot ag. When you use the promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, use that promo code, you're gonna get that deposit bonus. That deposit bonus is craziest to sign. The bonus you get and not only are basketball football, which is starting to creep up on us, Baseball's back MLB baseball man all season long. You get this money. Plus they got the online casino. If you're in the craps, blackjack, roulette, fucking slot machines, whatever it is go to MyBookie dot ag right now, use that promo code Bootleg and get that free deposit bonus. That's how we're doing things, all right. Also want to give a big shout out to the homies a King Pom Man. These are our new sponsors at Kingpom. Now, this is the thing about these King Poms man. These things right here, natural natural leaves, free of tobacco and additive is the only thing I smoke out of. And what's dope is they got these other ones right these This is one of their more popular items right here. Great flavor. These are the leaf rolls. They hold a gram each, and they got the turpen fused tips, which means you squeeze and you pop the tip while you're smoking your flour and you get a little burst of flavor. These are the peach pineapples. They got the energy drink flavor. They got blue blueberry, watermelon. All kinds of shit, man, so was dope. If you go to Kingpom dot com and use the promo code bootleg cave right now, you're gonna get half off, half off, half off kingpom dot com Tobacco free natural rout wraps all right, and also, don't forget. If you're in a I don't know wherever you're at, go to seven eleven. They got them your local smoke shop. One of the most successful businesses in the game when it comes to the all natural leaf the most successful. No tobacco, no nicotine, just natural leafs to stuff your flour in. And in case you did not know, they also have whatever sized king palm this is. This is a giant leaf wrapped around Yeah, wrapp around some pre meme. Can I buy? Shout out to king Pom go follow them one more time. Kingpom dot com promo Cold Bootleg keV say fifty percent off. Let's get back to the interview, would you ever? Okay, because right now, you know there's just like all these rappers are doing like an artist, like a mister Beast. All these guys they're doing like a ghost kitchens. Right, Yes, so you could do like be as bites.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you come on with the ideas and then.
Speaker 2: You could just license it to a ghost kitchen and come up with their own menu and then give them the recipes and then you know, people all over the world can.
Speaker 1: Just but they will have them. They'll have my recipes.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be like a water down version of the recipe. Like I feel like a lasagna roll would be like like, let me get six of those, like in a little box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah you should do that.
Speaker 1: You know what, Next time I come I might bring in lasagnae rules.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time I come here, I'll bring Lasania rules.
Speaker 2: I'll break my diet for that. Okay, I'm on a keto diet.
Speaker 1: Just because I like to brag about how good it is and then people then you can then you can vouch for me, so I don't have to do the talking next time, and you'd be like, you know, it's a really good chef, be it.
Speaker 2: How's the album coming along?
Speaker 1: It's actually like, uh, mixing, mastering finished, so it's done.
Speaker 2: Like you're not turning anything.
Speaker 1: New in Yeah, no, no, no, Well I can't say that because if when verses come through last minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you get a crazy verse at the end of the finish line.
Speaker 1: Put it on. In terms of your parts, my part is done. My part is done when you put out well, my part is never all the way done. I might seek inspiration tomorrow and just add one in there for a surprise.
Speaker 2: So Wednesday, I'm dropping, you're here, so you're obviously working.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's oh yeah, it's it's. It's so it's pretty much sealed up.
Speaker 2: Have you let the name fly yet?
Speaker 1: No, but I'm it's I'm so happy about the name.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you yet?
Speaker 2: But is the artwork done?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: For you? Like, do you feel like because you've put out some big singles when you dropped the album and you had like a song like London or Basito with with ge Herbo, are those like bonus tracks? Are you working those into the track listening of the album? Those, I feel like you put them at the end so they count towards the whole thing, dude, But you gotta pull the French Montana.
Speaker 1: It depends that Besita was not on.
Speaker 2: This album, so it's not gonna be on like at the end as.
Speaker 1: A No, Basita was one.
Speaker 2: It was on the deluxe.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so London will be on this one maybe well yet for sure it will be on this.
Speaker 2: With it is Yeah, you gotta put it on there.
Speaker 1: No, it is. London will be on this one, but that's probably like the only record and well London and I'm that bitch.
Speaker 2: Is there any features you can reveal?
Speaker 1: No? None, only because I just like surprises, some surprises. Yeah, Like I like to just like let it, let it come out.
Speaker 2: How big of a surprise.
Speaker 1: I like big surprises, you know.
Speaker 2: Me, like a stadium surprise or like a House of Blues across there.
Speaker 1: Be way I like a big surprise. I like a little razzle dazzle every now and then.
Speaker 2: Any Boston features not on.
Speaker 1: This one, but me and Millies would definitely do a song. We've been trying to find the time. His schedule in my schedule is like crazy.
Speaker 2: Millies is Uh. He's having a moment right now.
Speaker 1: He's incredible. Like, I'm so happy for him.
Speaker 2: I met him in a south By Southwest in like twenty thirteen at the hotel lobby. He came up to me and was like, I watched a shit on two Dope Boys, and now right now that's what's up. And then again a long journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so happy to see like everybody like around the world really catch on him too, because he's really so genuine and just so good at what he does. It's like people need to know about him.
Speaker 2: Who would you put on the Boston hip or let's just say Massachusetts, because if Jodan Lucas is not from Boston, who's on the Mount Rushmore? Of if you had to exclude yourself because you're up there, but Massachusetts as a.
Speaker 1: State, Massachusetts, I would go like legends to like, I'll put Guru. Of course, I would do, like a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people don't know Gurus from Boston and Primo from Texas.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one. Man.
Speaker 2: Would you let Benzino sniff it? Just take a sniff?
Speaker 1: Sniff?
Speaker 2: What the Mount Rushmore of Boston or Massachusetts hip hop? Would let him? At least? Would you at least like invite him to the.
Speaker 1: You gotta wear your question. That's crazy, that sounds crazy. Sniff it is crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, would you let him sniff the this? Would you like consider him? I mean the source was big you know, man, Yeah, you know the source. It's almighty R s O.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, no, like for sure, Like, yeah, Benzino, he's definitely important to the culture.
Speaker 2: He's important. Yeah, absolutely, you're on there. Guru's on there. I don't I don't like this guy, Johanner Lucas is on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I'll let you. I'll let you pick the rush more and I'll just say give you thumbs.
Speaker 2: Can we go non rappers? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please? Static selected static selected number number one. Okay, terminology.
Speaker 2: Terminology is up there. Yeah, like shout out the term man one of my forgetting.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's like, I'm so I gotta like tap more back into the Boston scene because there's a lot of from there.
Speaker 2: Who was Michael Christmas? I know way too much about what's the what's the guy's name who's named after beer? Is it Samuel Adams from there? Sammy Adams? She had never got into his yet. I missed that whole ship, but shout out to him. But you're up there? Yeah, are we considering Cooy from Boston? Is she from Boston?
Speaker 1: She has roots for sure. Yeah, she's from She's kind of like Boston and Jersey.
Speaker 2: Have you and her get to link up and connect.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we're real cool like outside of music too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She seems like a great energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love her. She's super genuine and like, I'm super happy for her as well.
Speaker 2: How cool was it getting on the NICKI remix that just dropped? Because it seemed like she you know, when she chooses an all queen lineup of artists to hop on a remix, that's got to be a dope honor to be included in that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, she any, I'm so just inspired by like Nicki, Rihanna, so many women that I've I've had the chance to cross paths with that really inspire me, have shown me so much love. So it's made me in turn be like, Okay, I want to do that for the other women that are like coming up to other the younger girls, just because that I've only received that, you know, like it gets weird sometimes like music industry stuff and girls, but it's really just like I feel like, just support what you genuinely like and then like I feel like that comes back.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you've done a really good job of like just I don't ever see your name like wrapped up in any of the like unnecessary drama. Sometimes I feel other artists, I just like, what's going on? Why is it like these people have no reason to have problems with each other? Like it just doesn't make sense. So it's good to see like you're I feel like you you're kind of also like very mature, like you're like you're like a young og, you know what I mean, Like you've you've seen this game from a lot of different area.
Speaker 1: With me, I'm more like if it's really like if you if it's really like some type of pressure you you have to address me like for real or you have to like address me in real life, like people see me outside. I'm outside everywhere. I'm everywhere. I'm at every festival, I'm at every show. So I don't really feel that energy from anybody, like you know, and I don't really give that energy like I.
Speaker 2: Don't have you don't you give a number of positive energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so confident, it's so happy with what I'm doing that I don't have really the time to like nitpick girls for no reason, right, you know. But yeah, like I'm a positive person for the most part. Everybody that knows me knows I just like to have a good time and spread love.
Speaker 2: Is Russ on the album not not right now, but I'm trying to find a song for him.
Speaker 1: We were speaking about that the other day. I'm trying to find like the perfect song because I love Russ. He's like one of the most knowledgeable and talented.
Speaker 2: People and he's like a like he's like really talent. I think he told yesterday he was teasing he's gonna put out like a seventies rock song, and I was like, bro, I bet it's gonna be fire.
Speaker 1: Because he can do every time.
Speaker 2: He's a beast. For sure. You've done some huge festivals, Like I feel like you've done them all at this point, But like, what was the one festival you did where you just looked at out the crowd you were like, fuck, this is fucking.
Speaker 1: Crazy, the biggest one ever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or just like maybe a nervous moment or just like a like something that just sticks out with your biggest.
Speaker 1: To this day, the biggest festival I've ever done was the Telethon and Chile with J Balvin. Wow, it was seventy five thousand people. It was so many people that I couldn't even see like physical people. All I could see was little dots, like little heads, little flashes of lights. Crazy, But that was the most I've ever seen most people ever. But but I love just like festival crowds because people that go to festivals like they're going there to gage. Yes, So that's my favorite, my favorite energy.
Speaker 2: Because there's like and then you go to a nightclub and it's like there's people in there that are just like they're holding their bottles standing in the fucking booth and they're just like looking at you.
Speaker 1: Like, don't get me wrong. I love nightclubs too now.
Speaker 2: No, they're great.
Speaker 1: Like I turned the nightclubs up.
Speaker 2: I just opened the nightclubs.
Speaker 1: So yes, I come pop in here.
Speaker 2: We can book you with Scott Stele.
Speaker 1: I love Arizona too. Yeah, it gets wild in Scott Steele.
Speaker 2: It does. It does get wild.
Speaker 1: You don't know it gets wild. So you go there and see for yourself.
Speaker 2: This is true, This is true for you. Uh what about going out on tour for your fans, like going and kind of just touching your direct fan base with a tour. Is that something that's coming with this album?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, I'm so glad you asked that, because I've never been on my own tour.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it feels like it hasn't happened because I'm sure because of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Never and I'm such like an like an older og artist, and I have gone on my own tour, but I've always been on tour with like huge acts, So I feel like it takes up when you go on tour. It takes some months. Yeah, So like you'll go on tour and you get off tour, you start recording, you go on tour again. And I think that that just helps me anyways, because when it comes time that I go on tour, there's gonna be like so many more people for me to.
Speaker 2: See and it's like they're there for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to see what my tour looks like, like with my fans.
Speaker 2: They got that show singing album cuts, you got the merch booming. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 2: So album coming soon, really soon, very soon, very very soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't like to talk about it to be about it, you know.
Speaker 2: So one day we'll just be like, oh, the B album's coming out in two weeks. Yeah, the new record is crazy with Timblin Thank you. Is there a new single coming?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know me, it's always a new single coming. Actually, now I've been way more consistent because like I've been learning to find that balance, Like when you doing so many shows, I feel like this is like new territory for me, Like I've the past two years have been the busiest I've ever been in my life. So I've been trying to balance like you know, new shows, new music, seeing family, having a social life, all those things is so hard to do.
Speaker 2: I wonder like when, because I've seen artists who will do all these festivals right and like they're not doing the shows we just talked about, Like when you do your own tour, does that ever affect the way you create? Like have you ever like been like, damn, I got to make a fucking festival record because I see a lot of guys doing that shit like and sometimes it can it can kind of work out in the negative because I think when you try to do stuff on purpose, sometimes it comes across that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, well, I do so many festivals and so many like you like, just shows with high energy. So a lot of my records when I go to the studio are high energy records because I'm always picturing myself performing records on stage. But I do have those albums cause like Motionless where it's like way on sixteen that's like way more vulnerable, where like I try to you know, talk my shit but still still give a vibe. You know. For me, it's like I like to get into so many different beats, Like whatever the beat calls for is what I'm gonna give.
Speaker 2: What is uh BIA's go to show to binge watch right now? It is summertime. If you're dealing with a rectile dysfunction ed, if you will, Maybe you got stress at work, Maybe you're tired of looking at the same chick. Maybe you just need a little pep in your step. You need to get on that Blue Choo. Man. You don't need to do anything, but it'd be nice to have the option to. So go to blue Choo dot com right now, use the promo code Bootleg and get the first month supply of blue Choo for free. What is blue Chow Well, blue Choo is a chewable gets delivered to your door in a discrete package, no doctor's appointments, no doctor's visits, and it has the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. So we're talking about getting your dick hard here. In case that went over your head, you know it won't go over your head once you take it. I promise you that Blue Choo also is incredible because not only does it come in the Blue Chewable flavor with the same active ingredient as vibrant s the house, but it also has a mint chewable flavor which is the same active ingredient as levitra. All right, all this If you're questioning, I don't know. I don't want to spend no money on.
Speaker 1: Does this shit work?
Speaker 2: Look? Yes, it works and you don't have to spend money if you use the promo code Bootleg at blue cheo dot com because it's gonna get delivered right to your house. They're gonna give you a month's supply for free. You just got to pay five dollars shipping. That's it. The Blue Choo's come into your house. No awkward doctor's appointments, no awkward doctor's visits. It's all online blue chew dot com. Think me later. What's up guys? Hey, if you are watching this and it's April twentieth, for twenty, I'm gonna be hanging out at Hardan today, that's right. Put the flyer up the rock. I'll be at Hard Dean hanging out all day today. The craziest, most just luxurious, illess dispensary in the world located right in Las Vegas, Nevada. Now Hard Dean, Las Vegas, they are family, they sponsor the podcast. I love those guys dearly. And when I say that it is the best place I've ever walked into to buy premium cannabis, I'm not lying. Best customer service, best bud tenders, best bud put in your King Palm, and just overall man, just a great experience. So what y'all need to do is go follow him online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas, follow him on the Gram. We got a lot of dope stuff in the works. They actually just opened a fire podcast studio, so we're gonna be doing a lot of content in Vegas live from Hardin. They also just dropped a fucking tennis shoe with Fila. They got dope, fly gear, man, premium cannabis, the best selection culture, sniff you walk in that man. Listen they got I'm not even lying to y'all. Hardin has their own signature scent and it smells good. I keep a bottle of it in my car literally maybe twice a day. I spread it. Get that Hardene with smells amazing. So look makes you go to Harden if you're in Vegas, get in that uber, Get in that cab as soon as you touch down. Say take me to Harden. The taxi drivers, the UBI drivers, they know exactly where it is because's the hottest spot in Vegas. They gonna take you straight there. You're gonna tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you situated real nicely. All right, Harding Underscore Las Vegas, go show on some love. Go to Hardiinlas Vegas dot com. Gotta give a shout out to our OG's My dog's a odds socks. Baby. They've been fucking with us from day one, and they've been dropping so many crazy dope new like socks. You know, first of all, can we talk about Bevis and butt heead. They just dropped the Bevis and butthead socks and draws. Let's take a check, just a nice little peek at the Beavis and butt Heead draw skis. Bro Come on, man, they also just drop Coca Cola. We got Scarface, we got Reeses, we got the big fucking Lebowski. So many dope socks, the most comfortable socks in the world, the most comfortable underwear in the world. And check this out right now you can get twenty percent off. That's twenty percent off at checkout at odd Socksofficial dot com using the promo code Bootleg, So go right now odd socksofficial dot com. My first of a suggestion would be get you a pair or a pack of the odd Socks basics, the black and the whites. Those are my go tos. And then you gotta fuck with some of these big Lebowski socks. And they just got Coca Cola, they got the scarface boys, Like, what are we talking about? Man? What are you waiting on? They are the most comfortable socks in the world. So if you're not where odd socks, you're just cheating yourself. You know what I mean, You're really cheating yourself. They got a fucking South Park. Come on, brih, what are we talking about? Go to odd soxofficial dot com right now, use the promo code bootleg. Save twenty percent off at checkout on the most comfortable socks in the world. Or don't and keep torturing yourself with those shitty socks you're wearing right now. Be a damn shame. Anyway, let's get back to the interview, Like, what do you watch it on TV?
Speaker 1: Right now? I'm not watching as much, but I love I love Love, Love, Godfather Harlem. Shout out to Forest Whitaker, Yes, and shout out Swiss.
Speaker 2: I have yet to see the show. I don't have I don't know what platform it's on, but whatever it is on the subscribe so I think it's like on Epics or something, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know. I have everything Netflix, Prime and Hulu. But why I love it is because it's like I usually watch like documentary stuff, like informative things I like to learn. I love Vice, by the way, Yeahvice, Vice is a great now.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, the Vice would just be ridiculous really, Like I did Heroin for thirty days straight to see what happens. Well, you probably became an opiate.
Speaker 1: Ag at a Yeah, okay, so I like this.
Speaker 3: So so crazy shit like that though for real, Like I drank nothing but beer for a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah I had McDowell. Yeah, lots of ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Vice. If I'm not watching Vice, like, I like god Father Harland because it's like a show like almost like you know how Power is like a show and it's like action and the stuff's going down. It's like that, but it's real, like a lot of the stuff that's going on in that show. You're like, Wow, this is really this happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard, Like it kind of dives into like some of the Malcolm X ship.
Speaker 1: It goes into like real heard it's great, so you kind of see like why things are the way they are, but it makes it into a show.
Speaker 2: You ever watch Yellowstone?
Speaker 1: No, but I heard that was so good.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch that one. It is a good show when I find some Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's definitely on Netflix now. It's like on Parent, Paramount plus, Peacock, Peacock, Kevin Costner.
Speaker 1: It's so many TV.
Speaker 2: Did you watch a Snowfall?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't ask me that you didn't watch it. I watched and pieces of stuff. I've never watched it.
Speaker 2: What about Breaking Bad? Yes? I did? You finished it all?
Speaker 1: Not the whole thing with the wire? No, but you like power? Yes? I love power.
Speaker 2: You see you gotta watch the wire the wires like I love power. I see that like I watched the first time BMF good. Yeah, shout out to little Meach you know what I mean? Would you for you like, uh, if you could, if you could ever get into like acting, being an actress? Like, would you ever try to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like you should do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have a role that that it's kind of like me. So it doesn't feel like I'm acting because when I go on like acting auditions.
Speaker 2: You've done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so bad. Well I'm not so bad, but I mean maybe I just need some practice.
Speaker 2: You gotta go to a coach, but I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I gotta get the roles that are like good for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you want to get type casted at first, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go and do a role that's like, oh, what is she? She's trying to be that role.
Speaker 2: Listen, when ice Cube fst started acting, they just casted him as ice Cube.
Speaker 1: That's what I need.
Speaker 2: I need to be casting ice Cube is and boys in the Hood just playing himself really and you could just you know, play yourself. See if a little Dicky You'll put you an episode of Dave next season.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea as be a see you can do that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched Dave?
Speaker 1: A little Dickie?
Speaker 2: Dave's good? Have you seen it? It's really funny. You don't watch a lot of TV. I said, Godfather of Harlem.
Speaker 1: I only watched that like power informative stuff.
Speaker 2: What about what about movies? What's your like favorite movie? Ever? Give me like two or three because I'm sure there's a few coming to her.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm so bad with movies.
Speaker 2: You don't watch movies.
Speaker 1: No, jesus, I'm like a creative.
Speaker 2: You're just making making smashes and cooking. Lot up.
Speaker 1: I'm like doing nails and like you do your own nails? Yeah, like hanging out with my friend.
Speaker 2: You did this yourself.
Speaker 1: So I did a few of them. This this talented girl did the other ones.
Speaker 2: Do we see the nails? Just show them, show the nails. No, you gotta hold on.
Speaker 1: So what happened was she made me this set originally lately I've been a little too busy to do my nails, and I broke like three of them, so I had to redo them on my own.
Speaker 2: Wow, So have you always done your own nails? Like? Is that something you do? Like a skill you picked up?
Speaker 1: It picked it up in the pandemic. M yep, I have a beauty beauty Google.
Speaker 2: Now, so you could cook, you could do your own nails.
Speaker 1: I could cook. I have a makeup line.
Speaker 2: Makeup line and working people. Is that available currently?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's available at beautyfo certain dot.
Speaker 2: Com, beautyfor certain dot com.
Speaker 1: Good glass. I'll get you one. It's called Oh it's kind of clear, so nobody will tell that you wearing gloss.
Speaker 2: It'll just I give it to my wife. My wife's a huge fan of yours, by the way. Oh really, Oh she's all fucking she's just working out and your shit's just fucking and album everything.
Speaker 1: Just look at you'll like this.
Speaker 2: Look at the color Beauty for Certain.
Speaker 1: Isn't it cute like that? And if it's in literally everything, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Check you out, your entrepreneur getting it in with anything else you got cooking and you're gonna start a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Maybe a nail salon or something. I love nails.
Speaker 2: Do you still are you still based in Massachusetts or.
Speaker 1: You just I've been in LA for a while.
Speaker 2: You don't miss, uh miss the shitty weather and the you know, looking white folks everywhere?
Speaker 1: My family, But that's about That's the well, the most I miss.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about your Celtics?
Speaker 1: I love the Celtics. Go Celtics.
Speaker 2: You gotta get Jason Tatum in a music video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or Jaylen Brown or Market Smart or Marcus Smart. I would get all three of them in a music video. Get all three, all three? You really it's a good video.
Speaker 2: I like it. You feel good about the Celtics here, Like, do we think they're gonna come back? James Harden just gave him, you know, gave him forty five. It's rough.
Speaker 1: It's like, how could you doubt them? Look at that, Look at what they do. They come through. So it's like, just just relax, Just.
Speaker 2: Relax because Tatum, your favorite Celtic.
Speaker 1: Jayalen is probably one of my favorite Celtics is a really good friend.
Speaker 2: Is amazing. I heard his dad is like Megan the Staanian's bodyguard or some shit.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. I think Jason, I think I think his dad's Megan this Stanian's bodyguard.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't know that, you know what's crazy? Like I'm gonna ask him that because I don't know how I wouldn't know that.
Speaker 2: Like be like, hey, does your dad do something with Megan the status?
Speaker 1: Sure it's him, I'm pretty I'm like.
Speaker 2: A hundred, I'm like ninety nine point nine percent sure his dad is somehow Yes, actually I'm sure, I'm one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 1: If you know that and we don't know that and we actually like our friends, ja.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want that like out there, you know then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's I've never heard that one before.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think I could be totally wrong. Hey, listen, I'm gonna ask. He might have got maybe you gotta let go. I don't know. Well listen. New album coming soon with Good Purpose obviously, new album coming very soon. New single with Timberland out. He made that beat right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Timberland and Skip and Little Rich like they all cooked up and they did their like situation like timber.
Speaker 2: Line can do anything. This motherfucker made a drill beat like he could do. He does country does justin Timberlake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I was so excited too. That was his idea to do, just to do it drill fire. Yeah, he was like, let's flip this and let's do it.
Speaker 2: True did He started off with like a beatbox because I heard sometimes he'd be in the studio, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: He's always I feel like the whole time he was beatboxing, like it's like natural for him it's amazing. Yeah, it's so talented.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Timberland, Shout out to you. Album coming soon, Go buy some.
Speaker 1: Makeup and some makeup.
Speaker 2: Tour on the way, and yeah, bea appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well it