Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Strugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are Players Lounge is Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Life is good.
Speaker 3: Home, first Place, Dallas Cowboys coming to you from the Sta.
Speaker 2: Hie. But we could get it. We'll take it first Hi, and we can get it.
Speaker 3: Takes place, you know, And look, I believe, I believe.
Speaker 5: Would you believe the Philadelphia would lose last night and they got beat twenty six? Okay, twenty four, twenty five. The twenty four to twenty one is what we had. It was a twenty decision. Take any credit for that. You copied verbta what Newiest said. You can't come on man like.
Speaker 2: You were Yeah, you was wrong.
Speaker 5: Ma Harrison had the same opportunity as Danny mccraig. New He scared like the players lie. You went twenty one fifteen Philadelphia to win. In Church went twenty fourth seventeen Philly to win. But I said, we believe Drew Locke and Matt Patrician. That's what really, I believe that Matt Patrician not getting it done. Go down the field on dude, what kind of defense in you coming straight down the field?
Speaker 6: Man? I will say this, you gotta be able to trust in Bradberry though.
Speaker 2: You gotta be able to.
Speaker 6: Have some type of time you got it, Like, Okay, we're gonna call the player, Hey, man, you you are a guy. Okay, we got to be able to believe that, you know, because he was the most veteran guy, uh in the sect that they had out there. Okay, because slave was out true? Now that true? You know that's true. But can I say this? I say I just I was. I was ticked off watching that game, first of all, because I have never seen a man be publicly neutered like my man Shun de Side got yesterday.
Speaker 2: That was called work.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling you, man, like I'll be watching TV sometimes seeing stuff on social media, and I asked myself, I want to do people in their.
Speaker 4: Consciousness see how wrong this is.
Speaker 2: That was wrong. The camera pans to him.
Speaker 6: He's in the play in the press spot, drawing up the play, drawing up the defense and Matt Patricia is down there on the sideline giving.
Speaker 2: Up the goat. Listen. It's amazing to.
Speaker 6: Me to see something like that happening. And hey, wait a minute, before you say you already know already, let me say this.
Speaker 2: Let me say this. You already know.
Speaker 6: I don't care anything about the institutional control for the Philadelphia Eagles. Detonate immediately. Okay, you know what, you know how I feel about him. But Danny, come on, man, that's just wrong. I'm just saying you up. So you could be upset about somebody on the Eagles, right, but when it's me saying that I had respect, If you are a certain person on the Eagles, then it's a problem. But but you were pissed off last night. I'm talking about that. Had they was all in yo emoss, I was. I couldn't believe it. I'm like, are they doing this to this band? And on National ten they're ten and three? They are ten and three right now, And I'm telling Charles McDonald from y'allho Sports writes a great article on this on how shunder Side got replaced with Matt Patricia. But I just I felt that I was alarmed by them making this move, but also just kind of publicizing. It's still putting this guy out there on front Street for everybody to see him get done the way that he did. And it'd be a different thing if they were already struggling as a team. They're already in the playoffs, They've been number one seed for a very long time. It's San Francisco has been making their way up. But for them to demote him like that, man, I just I thought it was cold. I like this because I want everybody listening to hear this scene, right because when they be telling me, I sound like I'm an Eagles fan and I care about the Eagles. All that you care about people, don't you? You just care about people? Ain't that what it is? You care about people? I care about it too. It's a tough.
Speaker 2: Would he rather get fired? He probably got.
Speaker 4: I rather got wouldn't you have rather got fired? I really let me go.
Speaker 6: I have been over there wishing against Patricia the whole time on the sideline and just waiting for something like that happened at the end of the yew two yards bro. I mean, where else they going with the ball? Sound like he got his justice. It sounds like he got his justice.
Speaker 2: Blame. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So what I thought, to go back to what you said, if you read earlier in the day the stories of players had lost faith in the side, I'm like, oh, this is the media plant right here. This is this is somebody, an anonymous source right in the front office who went out here and tipped off a bunch of people that players said they didn't believe in the DC. And what submit to me when I saw the move that when Jay Glade were reported, I'm like, man, this is a panic move. I clearly rem remembered listening on an early Monday morning about it was on WIP the radio station. I wanted to me it was a catald. He might have still been there, but they were going after Jonathan Gannon and Nick Siriann and going off on the coordinators. This guy's not good, he's this, he's that, He's supposed to be all this, he's not. That's what they were killing him. And Syrianni stood with the both coordinators. They made the playoffs spoty way, and then the next year we all know what they did. So when both coordinators left, and I talked about on this show, I thought they would not be the same as they were last year because of the coordinator change.
Speaker 3: For him to dump the guy with three games to go, it's the ultimate panic move. That's a panic move.
Speaker 5: And them to watch, and I took great joy and glee to watch Jackson Smith and Jigbo of rock Wall catch a touchdown pass in the end zone over Toasty Bradberry and just like this is this is the Matt Patricia I've grown to know and love giving it all up because it was just it was it was just Justice's wrong.
Speaker 3: And today I listened to w i P radio and.
Speaker 5: I've enjoyed myself all morning, all days, all afternoon, rang day. They said Hurts is regressed. They say he can't throw, they say he can't read defenses. They said the head coach, what does he doing. He's a walk around guy. He's not coaching anybody. They want the offensive coordinator gone. Now they're mad at Matt Patricia. He's no good. They said the Georgia guys that Howie Roseman drafted and they're not doing anything.
Speaker 3: So they say they they're overrated. They're overrated.
Speaker 5: So they said they're overrated. How he's overrated. I mean, they want to detonate the team. They're mad. They said they've been fraudulent all year long, and now we're just realizing my group, I mean, this thing is, this thing is fantastic to listen to.
Speaker 3: Nobody is sacred. They're blowing up the whole team.
Speaker 5: And now they say Tommy Cutler's and the Giants gonna beat them, and they got no faith.
Speaker 6: We hope, we hope that Tommy and uh In Sa Kwan can pull it off right, because that will help us out as long as we handle our business. But you know, I think it's and that's the league and then that's fans, and that's and that's just how it goes of. Like not not too many years ago, the Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl. Okay, last year they were in the Super Bowl a few plays away from from winning that game as well. And then usually when you see a team that go to the Super Bowl lose that and lose that way, they the next season they.
Speaker 4: Don't play very well to hangover, they don't play very well.
Speaker 6: This team has been number one since the season started after coming off of that. And then your fan base is that, like that's what you turn into.
Speaker 4: That's who they are, though, bro, Which is which is which is crazy.
Speaker 2: I love crazy.
Speaker 6: I love it. Detonate immediately. It's what I'm saying. Get rid of them, all right, get rid of him. I'm Sirianni.
Speaker 2: I can't. I love it.
Speaker 6: Show me another picture of Sirianni bobbing his head up and down. I love it, okay, but I just it's one Like watching him last night, especially on offense, Jyl, It's gonna come out at the end of the season that Jalen hurts.
Speaker 2: It's hurt.
Speaker 6: It is he has to be, because I've seen last year. I watched this guy last year just escape the pocket, pick up the extra yards when the running game wasn't there. You knew you could put the ball in. Jalen hurts his hands. It's just not there anymore. Something has changed in his mind is not allowing him to do that. That those balls that he's putting out there's fifty to fifty every time, especially on those deep routes. He's just not able to complete it. And maybe that's because he can't push off his leg.
Speaker 2: He listen, he pulled one of those like why are you throwing it to that guy? D Why? Like why him? With the guys you have on.
Speaker 6: Your team when Aj Brown and Slim ree like why you throwing it to him as a fifty like him?
Speaker 2: And that's like that's the same song.
Speaker 6: Like I don't understand what understand when certain quarterbacks do stuff like that, right, Like you know who's on your roster and you know who you should be throwing the ball to, especially if this is a panic mover or like all of a sudden, your defensive coordinator is not called, then everybody should be in a panic, and you know who you should lean on in those moments. Aj Brown your guy, Like you got to lean on that guy and win or lose with that guy. Those are the things I never really understand when I see certain quarterbacks or teams go away from the person that they paying the most money to make the biggest plays in the game, and they can't figure out a way to get it done. So listen, it helps us out. It does the veto please go out there and do what you need to do. But the main thing is the main thing. We have to go out here and get these wins to finish out the season, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Got You've got another opportunity. So this is three straight losses by Philadelphia it's another opportunity for the Cowboys to go out and do their job. The road is tough because Miami in December, it is a hard place to win. As much as you talk about Buffalo and December being a hard place to win, Miami is the same type of a place to win. And this is a team who style does not match up favorably to what the Cowboys. You sound like Barry Church. He sound like Barry right now. Styles make fights. This is they're all wrong for us, baby, the wrong. They got two running backs you had James I mean no offensive James Cook. He's a nice running back, but most are in the chain they are. You're an upgrading Okay, you didn't upgraded, so so yeah, you went from what the Papa's barbecue the papa steakhouse this week. It's different cut of meat right here. And then these receivers, they've got no offense to step on. Diggs, you're a nice player, but you're not to cheatah, and you know you're not models. So it's it's it's it's different. And and you know this week's play college. You know, mister Brady nice, but coach Soul is good.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, man, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Listen, I do think I think this is a tougher matchup than the Buffalo Bills matchup, because this is like the Buffalo Bills turned into a running team. They came out, they saw they could have success over the last few weeks. But then they said, we're playing the Dallas Cowboys. We're pretty sure that we're gonna be able to have success based off what they put out there on tape this season, and they came out and they did it. Now, when you put that on tape again right against the Buffalo team and you go out the next week, that same team, the Miami Dolphins that you have to play, is watching the film from go all the way back to San Francisco, actually go all the way back to Denver, then go all the way back to San Francisco, all the way back to San Francisco again, and then now you watch the Buffalo Bills tape and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, all right, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: They can't do this, this and that, and they have not shown that they have fixed these wards that they have on their defense. What are we going to do? Oh, that fits our system. We got two big time running backs, speed and good vision. And if they just so happened to figure that out. They still got to find out how to stop Tyree Hill and Waddle. It is going to be a tough defensive matchup for us, which is why I'm gonna be leaning on what our offense can do in order to get us through this game.
Speaker 2: I didn't I.
Speaker 6: Didn't like what you said yesterday, and I'm not liking what you're saying right now, Danny. It sounds too true. It is, no, it is, it is. I mean, and you mentioned it. You went all the way down to Detroit yesterday talking about Detroit, Montgomery and Gibbs and just saying how much of a challenge it's going to be, especially with this being the ice sore on our defense going into the latter part of the season. Look as you talk about a Change, as you talk about Mosher, the thing about them is that's two different types of runners with strengths strength on strength. I'm saying Most is a guy that obviously explosive, slippery guy.
Speaker 2: A change is just fast.
Speaker 6: A change for Most city Missouri City guy and texting them legend just a fast dude, and he is that the definition of thunder and Lightning as a running back group. But a Chang has been out for a few games in the season. Most just have to take over the brunt of those carriers. Done a good job. But I think the one thing, if I could just point to a weakness, he fumbles, he will he will give up the rock. And I think the Dallas Cowboys one of their strengths has been taking the ball away. You're gonna have to specialize in that this week versus Miami because you're gonna have to get some takeaways versus offense period. And I think you know what makes me mad about us defensively right now is that we can't play the brand of football that we need to play because certain things has just been legislated out of the league. You gotta it's you look at Buffalo's tape. They took it to us physically. They did some things that we couldn't return fire on. We couldn't stop them in that a gap as you were talking about yesterday. There was no one there physically that can meet that pulling guard or that tackle on and stop that. They're beating us out to the edges and they're just destroying our secondary, our secondary guys. And look, if we don't if we don't get this fixed. It's not just is gonna be a problem. It's gonna persist through the regular season. It's gonna be something definitely, definitely that we're gonna face in the postseason because we're gonna run into a run a.
Speaker 5: Team you go see the very next week, no doubt, no doubt. Detroit Lion is gonna come and do the same thing. And they've got a really good offensive line. Miami's got some offensive line issues and Vic Fangio is a really good defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: So this is a challenge.
Speaker 5: So you've got a cowboy team that's got a point and a half. They're down under one point and a half in this one. And Miami has only lost one home playoff game all year. That was last week, uh to Tennessee, where they I thought they were winning this thing, and they were up deep in the fourth quarter double digit leads. So they've got something to play for playing for the division, being upset at home.
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 5: This is to me seemingly like in terms of who comes into this game that fundamental football and doesn't shoot themselves in the foot. I mean, you have to be disciplined in this game here and be ready to go.
Speaker 4: You talk about penalties.
Speaker 3: Penalties, that's a part of it.
Speaker 5: Assignments, you know, you talk about the where do you need to be? Dan Quinn spoke yesterday about how guys you know, said the tackles were bad. Twelve missed tackles. So there's just there's no room for error this week for the Cowboys, and you cannot repeat that type of performance. I can't remember what it is the last time they lost back to back games. But this is a challenge because this team is good at home. They play well at home. That's one thing they do, man, that they play well at home. If you come in here half stepping, I'm not saying they're gonna get seventy thrown on them, but you can find yourself watching them roll up thirty to forty because we've seen them do it all year long. If you come half stepping.
Speaker 6: You can see a forty piece and there's a guy on the other side who's trying to get two thousand yards for the first time as an NFL receiver.
Speaker 2: He ain't playing the season, all right, he ain't playing.
Speaker 6: No, And I'm saying like he ain't playing at all. No, No, he ain't missing it. Around he getting ready. Oh yeah. When I saw him not play last week, I was like, well, I know what he is playing. But you're absolutely correct on the point that you're making about Miami at home. They are a kin to us and what they've done at home six and one and the one loss that they have, they sent them all the way out to Germany to get that one loss to Kansas City. NFL didn't do them week.
Speaker 3: It was the Tennessee game.
Speaker 6: Was it Tennessee? Okay, whichever one. Well, I could have swore that it was the Germany game that they put on their on their losses. But either way, I'm just saying, like, this is a team that can beat you, and and everybody know it's scummy Christmas time. Everybody's gonna be ready to shut it down. What mentality does this team come in with? And I think that's the one thing that you don't trust. You don't trust the mentality of this football team. And I heard Micah on his part podcast talk about that, the difference between how they play at home and the mentality about how they play away. And you, being a former player, I mean, what do you think about that? Just the doctor Jacko missed the hyde of both defenses, the one you take on the road versus the one you see at home. I'm be I'm gonna be honest with you. I think if you play that that that Buffalo game that we just played, if you play them at and T Stadium, I think you still lose that game. Just based off what you see on film, I don't. I'm not even because I'm not sure if it was an intensity thing or prepared to play thing. It's the same stuff that we've been seeing for the last couple of seasons when it comes to stopping the run. Like it's not it's not like, yeah, we had the boom box and we was ready to go, or they was hyping the same. It's not that it is an assignment and being in the right place doing your job problem, not a intensity, ready to pray play problem. Because if you go watch the film, I'm sure that they've still made some of these same problems. I mean, had some of these same problems in the wins. It's just you're your head and now these teams have to come out and pass the ball, so you don't get a chance to see if they fix those issues. But then now when it rears ugly head again against the Buffalo Bills. And you know, we're already talking about the Miami Dolphins, and I'm trying not to look forward, but I'm looking at the Detroit team and I'm saying, you have three straight weeks of having an opportunity to fix what you need to fix to get into the playoffs and be successful, which is probably the only good part about like what's going on right now. You got three games to see as many different type of run concepts as you possibly have and work on being ready to face those when you get into the playoffs, because I can guarantee you, no matter who you play, they're going to try to implement some type of resemblance of what you've been struggling with over the last couple of years. You're gonna see it to you gonna see it. You're going to see it. And you're right about Tennessee.
Speaker 2: That was that.
Speaker 4: That was a game they lost. That's six and one at the crib.
Speaker 5: Let's take a break when we come back, Let's dive into the last three for the Cowboys in the last three weeks for the Eagles. Line up that schedule for you with Danny mccraige, Heck Maharrison Barry Church with the day off from new Scutch Playstaune bought to you by Tostinos right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because.
Speaker 4: Every deal needs a playmaker, your order will.
Speaker 7: Include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch, and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: There is no eye in Dallas.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeerenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Fans smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 9: Please drink responsibily.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you.
Speaker 4: Cash your ballot for the twenty twenty four Pro Bowl Games.
Speaker 6: Vote and send your favorite Cowboy players to compete in the ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Dallas Cowboys dot com slash vote.
Speaker 5: I wonder do the players really enjoy going to Orlando? Back in the day when Heck and I were coming up, Pro Bowl was out there, Hawaii, Baby, you know, why take the family on that out there?
Speaker 2: You know, Orlando's a family place.
Speaker 6: I imagine the players that have families and kids old enough to enjoy Orlando probably enjoy it a lot more than the same guys, the guys that probably just gotten the league. They're trying to live whatever. You know, what, Disney World, what do I Hawaii Orlando?
Speaker 3: Why the last time you and you in church rolled down out to Orlando.
Speaker 2: I know I've been. I went to Orlando for a Bowl game and that's the only time I went.
Speaker 3: So adult. Danny has not rolled.
Speaker 6: I have not, and because I have a kid is probably the only reason I'll be going back to Orlando. What's the last time you rolled through with kids down? Not just because like, yeah, where you want to go Orlando?
Speaker 2: To the time ship in Orlando.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just telling you, man, you yeah, yeah, Man, I mean, okay, Walt Disney World Universe.
Speaker 2: Traffic for nothing. They got traffick out there.
Speaker 4: Do they have traffic at the trapping I'm just talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Having been been to.
Speaker 5: Been to the Hawaii spot and and where the j W was and where they had it and where.
Speaker 3: They did things. Man, and then seeing Orlando, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, well, some of some of these dudes don't need They're not missing nothing.
Speaker 2: They missed what you don't have, they don't get.
Speaker 6: They only have to listen to the old the older guys be like, man, I show I'm telling you about them with them Hawaii days.
Speaker 2: But they don't know something.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Vegas is you know, Vegas is taken away, but you know put it in bake. I mean if I'm on if I'm if I'm one of the the NFL PAN guys, we gotta talk to them. We gotta at least get to sing in Vegas. Please, at least get into Vegas.
Speaker 3: Orlando.
Speaker 2: Dudes out there getting in trouble with Vegas. Man, then get in trouble.
Speaker 6: Get you know, I've seen them dudes get into trouble in Las Vegas all right, out there fighting and doing all types of stuff. But nothing but suspenses coming out the next season.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 6: They smart, they know they're not taking them out there. You want some real trouble. Have all your Pro Bowl guys be be at risk and getting into some trouble.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You know that's not the same.
Speaker 6: Okay, they're gonna be focusing really practicing play flag football.
Speaker 3: Like that time they had the NBA All Star Game in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Boy, yeah, oh man, man, stories untold.
Speaker 3: League was like, people was like telling, don't don't bring it back.
Speaker 2: The locals foolish, thank you.
Speaker 4: The locals are like, don't come back.
Speaker 3: We don't, we don't.
Speaker 4: It's all wrong for us, baby, it's all wrong for us.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So the Cowboys have three games up at Miami this week home against the Detroit Lines.
Speaker 3: That's the Jimmy Ring of Bonner game. I can't lose that one.
Speaker 5: And then it's on the road against the Washington Commanders and the final ride for Ron rivera goodbye Ron, thank you, thank you for your service run. Meanwhile, Philadelphia has a home game against the New York Giants, then in week seventeen to home game against Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals, and then they end the season by going to MetLife Stadium to face the Giant Aget.
Speaker 3: So obviously.
Speaker 2: That column.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, no, no, no, no, you know how I feel about the Arizona Cardinals. And I was watching the game against the well not I watched. I was keeping up with the score when they played San Frand this week, and at the beginning I had to I was about to text you, hey, I'm telling you see what I'm telling to be careful, and they found a way to run off with it. But the Arizona Cardinals team, to me, I don't care. It's scary for anybody that goes to play them or has to play them because of the weapon that they have a quarterback and some type of resilience that they have to no matter what their record is. Them dudes go out there and they play hard. So that is one to where we slipped up against Arizona, and we've been I've been like, man, that's the one that's gonna cost us. I think Philly could slip up the air Zona as well.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia as a head coach with institutional knowledge of what they want to do Arizona, yes, she said, Arizona, but what Philing wants to do because he was there last year. I do think that was also a help for them when they played the Cowboys. Okay, hey, look but we know what they want to do.
Speaker 3: You've got some institutional knowledge.
Speaker 5: I just I'm with you, and my god, sh if you listen to Philadelphia radio, they they think they're gonna lose the division.
Speaker 3: They the division's gone. I don't know how we're gonna win, how we're gonna win.
Speaker 4: We can't.
Speaker 5: We can't win anymore. I mean they they literally think they've lost their mojos.
Speaker 2: They've seen our schedules, they have they like they watched our game.
Speaker 6: They watched our game against the Buffalo Bills and then watch how they lost last night and figured that they was gonna lose the division. If anybody should be feeling that it should be, it should be us based off you know how that game went.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Philadelphia media tell you like.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia folks man, and they have given up the ship. Okay, they've given up the ship. They had said. They call them Tommy Cutlers. They out there praising Tommy DeVito up there with the Giants. They don't know how it's going to happen, so they and look why bull driving New York has fought with the old Tommy DeVito And you got two cracks. You got nothing to play for other than hey man, let's just ruin this thing for them.
Speaker 6: No, it's gonna it's gonna get interesting. And if you follow Nick Harris, he kind of outlines how this whole thing cracks out for the Dallas Cowboys if they win, if they lose, or how yesterday's loss to Seattle kind of made the Bills lost kind of nullified that whole thing. But I'm with you when it comes to Arizona. We saw what they had and do the same thing you did.
Speaker 5: Hey, So how about this all right? The Giants have won three of their last four games, Okay, since they got beat by the Cowboys they wanted while Washington they won against New England they had to buy. Then they won against the Packers, and then they lost at New Orleans. By the way, New Orleans is a tough place to play.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it is.
Speaker 3: So you know this, it's not crazy.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's my thing, just looking at here with the Giants, it's not crazy to think they could win a game one of two that they've got to go play against Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: And well, we've seen how bad that they are.
Speaker 6: And I think that's why it's kind of hard for you to get behind New York and say, Okay, they can pull out these two games in three weeks to Philadelphia. And I'm sure Philadelphia is hoping that that last game of the season has no meaning because the Cowboys have lost two in a row.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 6: And so really the Cowboys have their destination, have their destiny in their hands if they are going to win this top seed, the number one seed or number two seed, which however it ships out, because hey, San Francisco still has a few tough games on that schedule as well. So let's not let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. But I believe that the cow Boys need a home game. Let's just let's just say say it like it is. The Cowboys need a home game. And by winning your division, you are sharing yourself that you get that home game.
Speaker 5: It's all open, which and I know I said it after after week five and I got laughed at. But when I said, let it play out, we have to let it all play out, because what we think we know, we truly don't always know. And when you talk about San Francisco, they have Baltimore this week, then they're at Washington and then they're at home against against the Rams.
Speaker 6: Let's be playing for the playoffs spot. We're trying, we're trying to find a way to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 5: So so let's see how this thing plays out, because there are things to play for.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: What incentives guys have in contracts, but we know as you get towards the end here some guys, hey, why am I here?
Speaker 4: They got, they got, they got, they got a reason for.
Speaker 5: The season, and and you start thinking about these things here it's human nature.
Speaker 6: Human nature still and that's the thing that you talk about with New York. I mean, guys, at the end of the season, is that still going to be willing to say, all right, we're gonna put it on the line even in Week eighteen. So the season is definitely over for them. They're not going to playoffs, not going anywhere, So what incentive do they have. The only hope that I have of them catching another l is Arizona. I'm putting everything on Arizona. Are they are they officially eliminated from playoffs?
Speaker 2: The Giants? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think I see that come across it. That's that's better for us They're not. Yeah, yeah, that's better for us. As long as they believe they fighting for something. Okay, that's better than that next week fight. I think I saw something that said they are they are still in contention for the number two pick in the draft and also the playoffs. Everything that they have as far as a scenario of them making the playoffs ends and the cow jumps over the movie.
Speaker 2: This is a lot has to happen.
Speaker 5: A quarterback here in Tommy DeVito, who, for whatever reason, these people have attached themselves too.
Speaker 3: They are into this guy.
Speaker 4: What happened to Danny Dives? We're gonna switch Danny because.
Speaker 2: Happened.
Speaker 3: They trying to hold onto something.
Speaker 5: So if this guy is rolling people and he and fine this so they want to if they want to latch onto this, let him latch onto it. But if you're Tommy DeVito, you were playing because you want to have a role on this anybody else who's on this football. The Giants are gonna make some changes. Okay, this is a team. They've got to make some changes here. So and Danny, you've been on teams where hey, what am I playing for? I'm playing for I need I need some looks. I gotta get some tape out of it. And the last thing people you want people, last thing you are laying down looking like them, them stealer receivers is watching.
Speaker 2: For goun O.
Speaker 6: Man, it's some bad ball going around. It's just some bad, bad coaching.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. It's a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get you have your just give your agent something to sell, not you laying down. So I look at these games and just say, hey, look, guys are guys are gonna have to go out here and earn some checks and start to look toward next year.
Speaker 4: So I just I just won't blow it off.
Speaker 5: As you know, they're gonna lay down and not care because we've seen it in their games.
Speaker 3: They've won three or four and sod.
Speaker 5: To me, what happened in New Orleans was not a shock to the Giants because the Saints have played well at home and they got a good defense.
Speaker 6: Their defenses it's good and Alvin Kamara is Alvin Kamara still, but.
Speaker 3: Car didn't throw them out the game, which is the.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Jimmy Graham too, because two tondowns on the last couple of weeks and that's.
Speaker 4: He on your fantasy No, I I'm just seeing.
Speaker 6: I'm just seeing the older guy go out and make big time plays in the rison. I'm like, okay, because we were talking about the possibility to have to play the NFC so right and having to travel to New Orleans bo to mention Tampa's right, so you look so to me, it's like I got to watch the NFC South play now and see like what they really have and yeah, the New.
Speaker 2: Orleans Saints, I do have their defense on my fantasy team.
Speaker 6: But the offense not good, the office is not good, but Kamara has been good.
Speaker 5: Right now, Tampa is in first place, holding the tiebreaker seven and seven or three and won the Division. New Orleans is in second. They're seven and seven, two and two in the division. So Tampa ends, They've got Jacksonville at home, They've got New Orleans at home, then they end at Carolina. Meanwhile, New Orleans has to go to the Rams this week, then they're at Tampa Bay and then they host Atlanta ended.
Speaker 2: So I gotta fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there, there's there, there's that that that game this week, you talk about the Rams and the Saints.
Speaker 3: That's a game to watch.
Speaker 6: It is, it's it's it's getting tough for at the end of the season for a lot of teams not named Philly. So I'm I'm just looking at our schedule what we have right now. I mean, even this Miami game is you guys who've been talking about the running game and just how do you stop all of it. We hadn't even got over to the other side on the defense to talk about guys like Christian Wilkes in their cornerback.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: Let's do that next. Okay that next, We'll do that with Heck Maharrison, Danmi MCRABNWS scores. This is the Players Lounge brought to you backtostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bows into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Jack Black and Right.
Speaker 7: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 4: They snapped the Preshcott who looks right at you. There he escapes left, He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 10: With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 11: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 10: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 6: DeMarcus Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboy numbinee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finish Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmoy challenge. Vote ends on January eighth. Vote for Tank, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Heck Man Harrison, got Danny mccrage working this week, got the camps over here.
Speaker 6: I'll be out on Friday because I'll be able to with the kids at a T T Stadium.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Friday, Man, We're gonna get NATed to come in. What we're gonna do, working on it, You're gonna do it. We have a special guest for y'all.
Speaker 4: Come a little bit, but we're gonna make it.
Speaker 6: The heck and Newie show what y'all want to doooo schools. Hey, man, I'm heckma. By the way, that's new it tigre something. Don't want the same thing, don't want the same thing Friday.
Speaker 5: Big dog Derek Derekleton, he's working on all right, on what we will do Friday here.
Speaker 3: So heck, you were making a point before.
Speaker 6: Breaking Now it's just basically saying, man, this is a tough matchup. This is a tough match off all around. As far as on the defensive side, there's two guys that they have over there and Xavier and Howard fifth Wards a U as they call him. He's a tough cornerback man, always have been. Jayalen Ramsey also very tough. We're familiar with him by playing playing the Rams. I'm interested offensively coming into a game, but we want to see our offense get restarted. I think they took a step back last week as far as Mike McCarthy being in his bag, and this is a week where you come up against the Miami defense.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: Vic Vangiols like every other defensive coordinator, a little arrogant, little egotistical and his coverages.
Speaker 4: So let's see how he tries to play our Cede Lamb.
Speaker 6: If he leaves guys like Xavin Howard and Ramsey on an island with him, I think that matchup botes well for us. But we have got to as much as we're talking about everybody else's running game, we've got to figure out a way to jump start our running game, especially going into the playoffs. Yeah, this has me nervous because I saw what Buffalo was able to do to us as far as kind of picking up on some of the route concepts, the things that we do more often than not, and being able to customize their zone coverage to take away some of the stuff that Dak really really likes to do. And it's the NFL, and once you put it on tape, once somebody puts the blueprint out there, you have to find a way to then adjust to make sure.
Speaker 2: That they can't do that to you the entire game.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling I guarantee, you're gonna see the same some of the same stuff that you saw against Buffalo come in to play against Miami. Now, the cornerbacks that they have for Miami to me a lot better than the cornerbacks that they rolled out there for Buffalo. So you're gonna see some more man to man trying to stop the run to make sure that they put it all in Dak's hands. And I think that's when you'll see some of that zone covers. But we do have to find a way to run the football, like you have to, because we saw what happens when you can't, or when when it's not a possible you don't feel like that's a way to get you back into the game. Then all of a sudden you got three and out at the three and out, their drives are stopping, and then the defense can't stop anybody, and for you know what, the game's out of hand. Playoff football is gonna make sure that you have the ability to run the football because if you don't, probably gonna be out of there pretty quick. We've seen it, you know, over and over again.
Speaker 5: Point and a half underdog in this one. This is this is the respond game. You know, they've been good at bouncing back after losses. This is a very tough place to play and this is a challenging matchup. So I just wonder how much is this a pride game for guys?
Speaker 6: God, it has to be, especially when you put We talked about the tape yesterday and I said, hey, I don't want to go in that film room watch that tape. If I'm one of those guys, go get the red dot put on me and say that's you.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 6: Whiffing right there, that's you, and it's gonna be even tough. I think there's been this narrative that's starting to be written on dan Quinn's defense that they can't deal with motion.
Speaker 2: Something about motion.
Speaker 6: Anytime there's motion, dan Quinn's defense is giving up the most yards anytime a team incorporate motions.
Speaker 4: Well, co Sol Ruther, he come.
Speaker 2: With the motion.
Speaker 6: You know exactly what he's gonna do. They try and kick out blocks with tight ends tackles. But their offensive line hadn't been healthy as as you talked about earlier. And I think that's the one thing that I feel like, Hey, if we can shut that part of their offense down, then we still have a serious undertaking that I think I trust with my man Gilly and Deron Bland. But on the other side, it has been our offense that as of late, those forty points at home, then it's made so many things easier for our defense. But when we see our defense having to pack in get stops. Lately, my only thing that's been worrisome is the fact that they haven't been able to do it.
Speaker 5: Thirty points last week for the offense and zero points allowed. So man, it's just the beauty of the National Football League is just a great soap opera every week. We don't know, Oh it's so good. But I'll tell you right now, I don't feel good about this one. Don't not at all about this one.
Speaker 6: I don't like there's no path to success for y'all in this Miami game. Do you not see our offense having If CD explodes a bill fifty two tuddies, nothing about that says victory for you. I think we're going to have a better off offensive outing than we had against Buffalo, That's all I can say.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be better than that right now. I just I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I have to see us be able to rebound from getting shut down on offense like this, because ever since the Boy week, we haven't seen like, we haven't seen that. We've seen us be able to roll, we've seen us be able to get CD involved, we've seen us be able to get Brandon Cooks involved Tony Pollard with the monster runs and making sure that they were statement runs. We've seen that, and then this game we didn't see it to where we were able to get out of that rut.
Speaker 2: And then start rolling again.
Speaker 6: So I need to see how we respond offensively more than defensively to me, to see, hey man, all right, they seen it, they know how to stop it.
Speaker 2: Are we able to adjust and then get this thing rolling again?
Speaker 5: But if you respond and you're able to score twenty one and twenty eight points and they go out and they get thirty one to thirty five, that can happen too.
Speaker 6: That's right. But listen, that's still better than Buffalo. The offensive performance that we put out there against Buffalo when the game really mattered was it.
Speaker 2: Was non existent everything.
Speaker 6: It was none for the players that you have on offense for the year that Cede Lamb has been having. For us to go out there and not really be able to get anything when when it was meaningful, is that it's alarming to me. So I need to see us be able to Now it's on tape. Okay, now, other defensive coordinators know what you need to do. Is this a pattern now or was that just a bad game because we hadn't seen it since you came out of the baw week.
Speaker 2: We've been rolling ever since.
Speaker 6: I want to call it a just bad game, so bad because of what you did last week versus versus Philly. But that Bill's tape, man burn it, throw away, please get rid of it, and hoping nobody else saw it.
Speaker 2: My question to you guys was about Tua.
Speaker 6: How do you I mean, as far as the elite so middle of the pack quarterbacks, what's your feeling on Tuur?
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not really that concerned about Tua because it's all about the running game.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 5: They're going to go after the Cowboys and run the ball and obviously the play action passing will work based off what they're able to do there. But we know that Tua is gonna be able to hit guys. I means just like last week coming off the back, he didn't have a great game against Tennessee guys, still able to get down only one touchdown pass. They play defense like they've been playing. They run the football. I don't think it matters that too. It doesn't have to be great. How about that two would throw you the ball?
Speaker 6: I think you have to get yourself in a position to try to get some pressure on them, which is stopping the run. So I think it all kind of goes together like you got to be able to try to put it into it. As bad as it sounds with Tyree, I'm still the the mindset of you cannot let a team come here and run up and down the field on you. You have to make the quarterback beat you. And I think Tua is a quarterback who I think we can get the best of if we force it.
Speaker 2: To be in his hands.
Speaker 6: If not, and he has an option to do either one, you know, kill kill, kill, the check for eight yards, then you have a hard time.
Speaker 3: Chris beaming and we're up against the time.
Speaker 5: But something I gotta dive into and try and figure out, what is the Cowboys record in December down there South Florida. Because I had a conversation with Dennis Thurman yesterday and and Dt told me said, oh yeah, going back to when I play.
Speaker 3: Said we don't play well in Miami.
Speaker 5: We never played. We never played well there. And then when he was a defensive coordinator in Buffalo, that was the year Kellen Moore played. And he's like, oh yeah, yeah, Cowboys came up there and got dusted up too. He's like, it's never been Western New York in December has never been good for the Cowboys. And I wonder what is what is it for Miami for the Cowboys as well, because just throughout the league it is just no Florida, South Florida December hard, Western New York in December hard. And here the Cowboys going, you know, in the back to back places where they're going to be underdogs for the second straight week in tough places.
Speaker 3: Place. I wonder what the record is.
Speaker 2: Don't leave the hotel, guys.
Speaker 12: It's Christmas Eve, yes, don't come on, man, don't go shopping to South Florida, West Palm Pass, don't stay in Southeast pay all the ubers not to come over to you know, do all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, go get sleep.
Speaker 13: We've only played once in December in Miami, and that was in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 3: Eighty four, eighty four, Dann Marino.
Speaker 13: Miami one, twenty eight, twenty one. That's the only time we've played in December in Miami.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Olper does he have this in his he That's why I asked the man's a genius. The man is the jewisns jeans all right. Danny mccraig, good stuff, all right, Chat tomorrow. Heck Ma Harrison, good stuff talk tomorrow. I'm knew he Scruggs. This has been the Player's House, brought to you by those Dodos things. Chris, Jazz, Will Josh, everybody part of the Dallas Cowboys crew. We appreciate you listening on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.