Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Shoul We've begetting down some serious coverage and we make jokes about it, but it's not funny. It's a huge, huge research study for Global Wall Street. Paul, why don't you bring in Filipo here, because you're more a tune to the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Than absolutely Flip of Florni joints a series a director in the Equity Research Department of City covering a lot of the consumer products companies. Flip I know you guys did a big survey of consumers around the world and how they plan to consume the World Cup, what kind of stuff they're going to do around the World Cup. Talk to us about some of your findings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning, guys, thanks for having me on. Look, we did a big study here. We looked at seven countries globally, the three host countries US, Mexico, and Canada, and then countries in Europe and Latin America where soccer fans that are very hashna about the games and look generally, one of the main takeaway is that the engagement globally is very elevated. Ninety seven percent of respondents they plan to engage somehow with the games, whether it's watching it live on TV, whether it's following on social media, or going live to the game. About twenty percent of respondents said they plan to go live. And the average ticket prices you've heard a lot about those ticket prices being very elevated. People already spent about five hundred and ninety dollars on average to buy tickets for once in single games, so it's elevated, but the engagement level are very high. And then we ask specifically because I cover more the consumer staples groups, specifically about food and beverage consumption, and generally we are seen, on average, people plan to spend about one hundred and fifteen dollars extra per week during the games on food and beverage items, so clearly there's going to be an increasing consumption behavior. We've also seen in terms of responses that people plan to be a little bit more relax with their diets or with their typical eating and drinking habits, so that could be also a bit of a boost for general food and beverage companies.
Speaker 1: You know, we see here in the US Filippo Super Bowl time and it's all about chicken wings and beer and all that kind of stuff. And I know the consumer products companies that you cover, they go big time on advertising. What do folks tell me that they're going to do around game time these days in terms of their behavior?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely so we ask both in terms of food and beverage consumption. In terms of food consumption, the clear favorites were pizza and potato chips. About forty nine percent of respondents said they plan to eat pizza in the game. That forty six percent salty snacks, So not a big surprise there, right, Those are kind of like clear favorites. And in terms of beverages, within alcoholic beverages was the clear winner sixty four percent of response that they replied to drink beer and then in non achay soft drinks traditional soft drinks, so that is about fifty So not big surprises. Companies are definitely pushing significant in their marketing campaign and you have if I had some global sponsors, right, So those those are the ones that.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm sure you're going to quiet a beverage with Jane Frazier. She wants England go after it with Harry Kanan all, but you need to explain to me. Alessandro Bastoni gets a red card against Bosnia Harrisgovina and for the third time around, Italy doesn't make the World Cup. Filipo discuss.
Speaker 3: No, it's I was devastating. I'm Italian born and raised in Italy. It's been it's been really challenging to see to see our team missa for the third straight time. We need a big generational shift. I think, hopefully for the next one will be in a better shape.
Speaker 2: But Ero got his first gray hair of this. I mean, flip, help me out here with the importance to Italy, just as one example that they did not make the World Cup, which frankly sounds on America. How can you have it without Italy? I know fully, but what is going on with the offspring the ute of Italy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's you're right. I mean, like, look, I was I was very young when we won the World Cup in two thousand and six, and I remember that was a phenomenal day. But we I think what the problem has been is that the new generation, they haven't given a lot of opportunities to really step up to be games. And then when you have big games like The BOSSI wanted just sudden that game, you feel too much pressure that was I think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Who do you pick? Who you do you feel has the upper hand here?
Speaker 3: I think France has the better team in terms of players and style. I also like Spain.
Speaker 2: Scotland, you know, I think Scotland can go all the way at City. We'll have to see Filipo. Thank you so much. I'm sure you'll never come back. Our first World Cup study here Filipo for Learning with world class consumer analysis here wrapped around uh the World Cup, and we do note that it's without Italy.