Speaker 1: Colson Media.
Speaker 2: I will get way too mad if I talk about the DNC anymore. In this preamble, this is it could happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by James Stout, Mia Wong, and Robert Evans. Right, everybody, this episode, we are covering the week of May eighth through May fifteenth. Trump gets bribed by cutter, Stephen Miller wants to suspend Habeas Corpus, and a twitch streamer gets interrogated at the border. How are we doing, fellas?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know. Bad, Like every time.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking to border patrol willingly and ye, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And I'm not doing I'm staying the fuck away from the border, although it's also impossible to stay the fuck away from the border because like ninety percent of the country lives technically within a hundred mine the border patrols from met Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you are happening to go to the border and you do get stopped by law enforcement, you should not talk to them. You should you should say that you're staying silent and will only speak with a lawyer.
Speaker 1: You have certain things that you have to say, right if they decide to talk to you about something other than you know, here's my passport, et cetera. Do I have anything to declare? Which you do have to answer if they attempt to engage you in other conversation about, say, your political beliefs. All you have to say is am I being detained? And if they say yes, you say, I plead the fifth and I demand to speak to a lawyer, and then nothing else. There's nothing else you say. That's how you should handle this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely do not need to debate your politics.
Speaker 3: Not required with the border patrol.
Speaker 4: Tell them how you feel about Potestine. That's yeah, not gonna end well.
Speaker 1: No, not necessary, and yeah, like it's one of those things I have no desire to, like get into an online beef with the fellow who got stopped. He is a big boy and able to make his own choices. But I do not recommend you make those same choices, because there's no actual benefit to you in doing that.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, don't coalk the cops. It's very easy to not talk to the cops. I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, that's what you think trivially easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's simple and unnecessary, and it's just like largely the problem is that And this is even something that he talked about where like, well, the guy seemed really nice and he apologetic and like he didn't want to have to do this. And if you're having a conversation like that with them, then they're getting what they want out of it, which is for you to feel like that right, for you to feel like, oh, Okay, this guy's this guy's nice, I can chat with him for a little while you feel to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's their entire job. That's what they're trying to get you to do. Yeah, And again, like this is this is specifically if you are like a US citizen coming to read to the country. There's there's different different rules and different different suggestions which you should talk with an immigration lawyer about if you were not a US citizen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, not advice for people who are coming here and not citizens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, none of this is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you really really do not need to get into a debate with the border guard about your politics when you're trying to enter the country.
Speaker 5: Or any other time really just just.
Speaker 3: Really any time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no point in time in which that's useful to you or anyone else.
Speaker 5: You ain't changing doing it.
Speaker 1: Maybe do it.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's more to politics than debate. No, speaking of more to politics, the PKK, what's going on with the PKK fellas.
Speaker 1: We should, we should give a brief overview of who the PKK is. The PKK is the Kurtish Workers Party, and it is originally a Maoist and now not that terrorist group. That's legally how it's defined by the United States and by most Western countries. That was started in southern Turkey like in the late seventies, close to fifty years ago, and it started out as a rather different kind of organization than it is. It's one of its founders and generally the guy referred to as its founder as a dude named of the la Aujalon or Oppo who got captioned Kenya a few decades back and has been in a Turkish prison ever since, but does continue to like write stuff that informs because there's kind of this strong Maoist core at the heart of the foundation of the party continues to have a lot of influence over it. And this is the root of kind of the different organizations that sprung out and became what we call Rajava. Is this this group that kind of came in during Isis's invasion and you know, had changed significantly from its MAOIs roots at that point, and kind of from the PKK, we get the YPG and the YPJ and you know these different social and militant move movements in Northeast Syria.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Yeah, they would dispute the from the PKK, they sure would, yes, Roberts for a good legal reason. Yes, yes, but they're all inspired by the political thought of oyser Land, right like we can say that safely and Ouscherland. I guess addressed by video the twelfth Congress of the PKK which occurred earlier this month, at which they voted to disband themselves and lay down their arms. So that's the they had a meeting, right they get together. Obviously it seems that Turkey decided not to air strike that meeting. Turkey has been carrying out strikes against the PKK in three different countries for decades, and sort of small arms engagements as well, and artillery in the whole nine yards. So yeah, at that conference, they decided to lay down their arms and begin disbanding themselves and return to They're still pursuing their struggle, I guess, for freedom for Kedistan.
Speaker 5: But this time through the democratic process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to cover this subject in more detail on Tuesday next Tuesday. But suffice it to say, like, this does not mean that like the PKK is like that all of the kind of different movements that came out of and were inspired by the PKK are like folding up and setting up shop. This is more of a pragmatic decision made as the result of the changes of situations on the ground and the progress that a number of these other movements have made. And yeah, this is worthy of deeper discussion. We'll give a deeper discussion. But this is something that's going to hopefully at least mean that Turkey spends less time bombing nor than Iraq, although that it may be foolish to hope too much for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you love to bomb an Iraq?
Speaker 4: I guess they're calling it there like good Friday moments of people who are familiar with the Irish situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the Ira was like, maybe we've done enough.
Speaker 4: And significantly when there were releases of people who were incarcerated.
Speaker 1: Right, right, And the British government did make some significant concessions too.
Speaker 4: Yes, so we will learn more of there were concessions involved in this process or if it was a kind of unilateral thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of rumors again, just to go briefly, that the Turkish government essentially needs that aired one essentially needs some of the support of the Kurdish parties in order to maintain keep doing Erdawan shit. So again, we'll see on all that. Yep.
Speaker 3: Speaking of not blowing each other up India and Pakistan.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, slightly blowing, lightly blowing each other up. Can we say that without minimizing it.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, there's some fens blowing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's let's talk about this. We are thankfully no longer on nuclear war watch. Yeah, which is great.
Speaker 1: Put on pause, it's all cool, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: I was talking with a friend last night about whenever this sort of confrontation happens. One of the nice things about a globalist world order is that if the rest of the world goes whoa.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, come on now, it kind of works.
Speaker 1: Pull them back, hold me back. China got a hand on Pakistans chess. It's not worth it. They're not worth it.
Speaker 4: That's the role of the United Nations, jade E Vance, like massaging India's shoulders.
Speaker 1: I know, man, I know, but it's whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Things get really spicy between two equal powers if one of their buddies just can go, hey, hey dude, whoa, whoa. It kind of works, which is a little bit silly, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just remind everyone in charge. Do you know how rich you are? Come on, you don't want this, Like you've got hot tubs in your mansion. It ain't worth it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Politics, so much of it is just so unbelievably stupid, Like it is just like weird nationalist masculinity bullshit, where it's like, okay, so we killed some of your your people, and then you're gonna kill some of our people, and then we can both agree that we like retaliated, neither of us back down, and then we'll do a ceasefire. So the good news here is that we did actually get a ceasefire. The ceasefire was holding, and it's continued to hold. This is not like a kind of like Israel Palace and ceasefire where the Israelis immediately just start like shooting everyone an instant later. This is actually holding. It's good. It will probably continue to hold. We got some more details from Reuters who talked to a bunch of officials from different camps. But we know now we're gonna do a longer episode about this next week. Tuesday, Yeah, all the wars on Tuesday. Probably Tuesday, unless like I don't know, like some other shit happens. Who knows. I don't want to ever promise an episode's going out of a day because.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, Tuesday or Wednesday, because it's like like we could we could wake up to life.
Speaker 3: Trump is likely Trump has like declared that like his meme coin is now the official currency of the United States or something like who knows what you say our Wednesday, we'll say, yeah, yeah. So what used to have happened that really escalated everything is that India fired on a critical Pakistani air base and Pakistan was like, all right, gotta go fucking Siico mode now, and so they do their retaliation. India appears to not have understood exactly how pissed off Pakistan was going to be about them hitting this air base, which also, like you would I don't know what their military planning is, like you would assume.
Speaker 1: The trees normally love it when you hit their air bases. Yeah, whenever one ran at Area fifty one, Yeah, like what.
Speaker 3: Are we doing here? What are we doing here? But the thing that does seem to have worked is that Mark or Rubio seems to have actually been like able to kind of pass information along between the advance was also sort of involved. It seemed mostly like Rubio was able to pass a thing to the Pakistani government being like, hey, the Indians are gonna star up, and the Pakistani government was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, but this is getting done. We did our retaliatory attacks, like we fucked up a bunch of expensive jets. Like that is key is that everybody can sort of this didn't go on so far that that like everyone has a lot to avenge, and it went on enough that everybody can claim some wins. Pakistan could be like, we really did some damage to India's best chunk of their air force, and India can be like, we blew up some stuff. You know, everybody's got if you if you don't have enough information to know that, like nobody really won. You can pretend you did, right, And that's what both of them are doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think this was this what you were talking about this last week, like that the best case scenario for this is actually I kind of better than the best case scenario was thinking of. I mean not this is like none of this is a good outcome, but the outcome here of like it's like a very abbreviated version of like in Israel or Ron thing where they shooting each other a few times and then stop. Hopefully this will continue to hold, and hopefully both sides will not take this. And this is something that they were talking about. One of the experts that we're just talking to were talking about was like, hopefully both sides don't see this as a like, oh we can have conflict between two nuclear empowers. It'll be okay. Hopefully both sides are going to be like this was very dumb, but right now it seems to be over. The ceasefires holding. Hopefully more people don't die.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dessaults dunk price though that that took a foul after all this rafiles shut down, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: You know what else is funny? Hopefully rus ads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this podcast nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why they pay me the beautocre bucks.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Well back to something ed. If you have ed, please consider him zinta Cutter, I hardly Okay, no, no, Garrison, I'm so proud of you, buddy. That was the right thing to say. That was the right thing to say.
Speaker 2: Ahead of Trump's plant trip to the Middle East, Cutter has offered a gift to President Trump, a four hundred million dollar Boeing seven forty seven eight luxury jet known as a Palace in the sky, which Trump does plan to accept.
Speaker 1: Which a stupid fucking plane.
Speaker 3: You gotta look up a picture of this thing.
Speaker 1: It is absurd, And I gotta say, honestly, my primary thoughts, I know they should be like offence and anger, but most they're mostly Ah Cutter, you know the assignment. You knew exactly. This man can't turn down a luxury palace plane.
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 1: Someone should off from the fucking snow piercer.
Speaker 5: You know, it's all gold up in there.
Speaker 3: It is. It is all gold up in there. Actually, you can look it up.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: No. I don't need to Garrison in my in my mind palace, I've already seen him.
Speaker 5: Okay, hit me with the link.
Speaker 3: Why did we allow this to be constructed?
Speaker 1: Because it's it's one of those things. This is not this is like again, should it not be legal for Trump to do this? Is it not legal for Trump to do this? Of course? Is it physically possible for the man Donald Trump to say no to this plane? Now?
Speaker 3: No, that never was in the carts. This, this is a temple to the defeat of the International Workers Movement.
Speaker 4: Jesus, I want to see a pictures of this plane.
Speaker 5: Someone send me pictures.
Speaker 4: Of the plane.
Speaker 3: Oh man, oh, oh good lord, oh good lord. Okay, I'm putting.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's exactly the plane you'd think.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it's the most trump thing you could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I'm so angry. It's it's just Trump tower in the sky, like you.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's actually what I will say about that, here is a Trump tower in the sky. Is like a shit built to look fancy to like tasteless Americans. The Katari versions actually is actually extremely nice. Yes, yeah, the immorant of Qatar knows what they're fucking doing when it comes to interior design for fucking evil rich people. This you could have had this if you replace the walls that are clearly a plane. This could have been like a set on and or from like a high level coruscant like the person's house, Like that's that's what we're talking. Especially that like room with the elevator in the middle, Like that's a set where mon Mathma yells at her husband like it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: So this plane would be used as a new air Force one and after his term, Trump would retain ownership through his Presidential Library Foundation.
Speaker 1: Of course that's normals.
Speaker 2: So many issues with this, from like national security to like a very clear bribe. On Monday, Trump told reporters quote, I could be a stupid person and say no, we don't want to free very expensive airplane.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a great gesture.
Speaker 1: Unquote. Of course, of course what owned So what made a comment that like we received the Statue of Liberty as a gift the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not really the same thing.
Speaker 4: Guy, If like it was Jeff, I don't know who is president went arrive, but if the president was living inside the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 1: Chester, I think it was Chester ar for there. Yeah, okay, yeah, I don't remember exactly.
Speaker 3: I do also love that Trump isn't making the same argument that like the old that Clinton supporters used to, which is like, well you can take money from a thing without being influenced by it, and like the New York Times is making this argument. They're like, well, just because people are spending one million dollars to have dinner at a crypto thing with Trump does mean that he's actually been influenced by the money, so you can't call it bribery. And I was like, this is great society. We love this, we love this. Just give him, give give the president the fancy.
Speaker 1: Quentin pro what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair, Trump does have something of a history of entering into a financial contract with people and then totally abandoning his end of it.
Speaker 5: So could you could make that up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so bad Trump.
Speaker 2: They get into an argument with with ABC anchors when they asked him if he thought this could be seen as a bribe.
Speaker 3: I'll play a short clip here.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying people who view that luxury jet as a personal would get to you?
Speaker 1: Why not leave it your NBC fake news? Why it's only only ABC.
Speaker 3: Well a few of you would, let me tell you, you should be embarrassed to ask him the question.
Speaker 1: They're giving us a free jet.
Speaker 3: I could say, no, no, no, don't give us.
Speaker 6: I want to pay you a billion or four hundred million or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Or I could say thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You know those are all golfer named Sam Great Golf.
Speaker 2: After that, he goes on to talk about golf for a whole minute, building an analogy based on making an easy putt on a golf course. I'm gonna quote from BBC quote. Attorney General Pambondi reportedly investigated the legality of the deal and determined that because there are no explicit conditions attached, it would not amount to a bribe. Conservatives and others were quick to point out that Bondi was registered as a lobbyist for Cutter prior to joining Trump's cabinet, at some point earning up to one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 3: For her work for the Qatari government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, one's going to be like influenced by a mere one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars a month. You couldn't, for example, much money and get me to say everyone should buy a Chevy truck, the new Ram, that's the vehicle of the proletariat Ram.
Speaker 2: We know that this is fake because Robert would never knowing endorse a Chevy product.
Speaker 1: He sent for one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars. Do you think I wouldn't sell Chevys?
Speaker 2: But this is the most like corrupt administration we've ever seen before. It's absurd, like just completely like flying it in your face. Even ten Cruz said that this gift could could impose quote significant espionage and surveillance problems unquote, because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that plane is gonna be so fun for the Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, how they're just the whole plane.
Speaker 3: It's just it's a flying bugs. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: Our government they're gonna listen in to every Air Force one meeting.
Speaker 1: Not only are they going to listen into it, the guy whose job that is like they've already been paying almost as much as the plane costs for him to get preemptive therapy to sit and listen to that many Trump inner circle conversations. The fucking Emrror himself is putting a hand. I know, man, I know it's gonna be hard, like we're all back, We're all behind you.
Speaker 2: Everyone from like Ben Shapiro to Laura Lumer have have opposed this de facto bribe as quote unquote sleazy, while also pointing to Cutter as a terrorist aligned state.
Speaker 1: Didn't you think your guy was?
Speaker 3: Come on, you watched Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: You believe he's gonna take a golden palace in the sky?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, didn't They also wheel out a mobile McDonald's famine Costa, so.
Speaker 1: He get that was in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 5: Saudi Arabia, Arabia.
Speaker 2: They're also planning to possibly construct a new Trump tower in Dubai.
Speaker 1: Honestly, both Dubai and Trump deserve that kind of like shade.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure they belong together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people that Trump is negotiating with here just really know how to like get wins out of him, Like, yeah, Trump Tower, here's a mobile McDonald here's a.
Speaker 3: Million dollar free jet. They really have him on lag.
Speaker 1: It's tragic because the mobile McDonald's and Burger Kings used to be a sign of American like logistical dominance that like I was wondering if it had invaded it rock like fuck our ability to like airstrike anyone anywhere. We can put a fully operational McDonald's anywhere on the planet in about sixteen hours, like no one else can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we invaded a rock with burger king trailers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and to see it turned against our values so much? Is it's just deeply if no, I mean, I'm joking here, but it is funny.
Speaker 2: Speaking of foreign trade, what is that I hear? Is that? Is that the lucid melody of tariff to Reef Garrison locking jazz Bot sorry, lock.
Speaker 4: Locking, jas locking.
Speaker 1: Jason, we're all thinking about the best way we ever spent to our company money. Every penny of that one hundred and fourteen thousand dollars a month Chevy gives us for telling people to buy the new Rams. It went to a good place.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just if we could just get one more automotive industry sponsor, then I can finally rewrite White Riot to be about white genocide in South Africa.
Speaker 1: That's right. We're courting Shell right now. So don't worry, James, We're gonna get that cover.
Speaker 5: But I'm glad to hear it.
Speaker 2: So I heard all the tariffs are gone, basically, I heard we're back to normal. Nothing ever happens. I can go back to buying TMU all day long. I can't stop playing those those TV gambling ads, and everything's normal, right, Mia.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's let's let's where are we at with the turf tariffs. So there were actual negotiations between the US and China, and so they agreed to a ninety day pause on the one hundred and forty five percent tariff and the one hundred and twenty percent tariff of china Hood imposed retaliation. However, come there's still thirty percent like a tariffs on all Chinese goods, which is in and of itself alone enough to cause a recession. I just want everyone's Easter forgotten. This China's is back down to ten percent across the board on all US goods. Now, again, this is a ninety day pause, which has been like this is just the way that all this functions now is nothing ever ends. It just gets kicked off like down the road for ninety days. So we'll be back here in ninety Oh well, okay, we'll be back in the crisis zone a bit before that, because we're still on the other ninety day countdown, which the Liberation Day turff tariff one for every single country on Earth.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't think these countdowns are real. And I know this is like this is like different from the way like other commentators will talk about how these tariffs aren't really Like, I'm not saying these tariffs aren't real. I don't know if there's someone in the White House who is literally counting down each day here like this.
Speaker 3: No, I think there is. I think it's Navarro, because Navarro actually wants all of these tariffs. And that's the driving thing behind this is Trump kind of wants these tariffs, but there's not enough of him there psychologically to like push it unless Navarro is doing it. But the reason these are taking the form of pauses is because Trump like actually wants them until he can like negotiate his big shiny deal or whatever the fuck that like can't happen. Structuralational reasons we'll get into, but.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just remembering the Canada Mexico tariffs that Trump put on a ninety day pause and then can we completely forgot about and instead it did the Liberation Day tariffs, which then got another ninety day pause.
Speaker 3: No, but there was also the but also like the auto tariffs got paused and then those came off and like went into effect. Yeah, so some of these like have happened and like and I think, I really think it. The actual thing it comes down to is like will Navarro be the last person in the room with Trump or will it be one of his other cabinet people who don't support this stuff? And I think it's just a coin flip basically as to like who wrap fucks the other one successfully as to whether like all this stuff happens. And there's still like more tariffs that are like floating in the air that we haven't heard anything about from last week, wild wild tariffs frolicking and in the woods.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like sour dough, they can just flick it.
Speaker 3: I want to actually explain what the fuck is going on with the Chinese tariffs though, because the reporting on it has been really bad and no one's in the idea what the fuck is going on? So Okay, on the one hand, there is still the thirty percent across the board on all Chinese goods. However, the fee for small packages right, which is the stuff that was in the deminimous exemption that we talked about getting reduced so that tariff is at fifty four percent or a one hundred dollars flat fee for the package. What qualifies as a small package value. I think it's like sub eight hundred dollars, okay roughly. So yeah, And they also still have to go through like actual full customs, which which the package is been diminimus like weren't going through right, okay. So this is still lethal to like Tamu and Chian and like all of all the companies that have been relying on this stuff. It's still lethal to like vast quantities of like parts of the supply chain that we haven't even seen yet that we're getting like the one kind of screw that they need in cheap Chinese packages, because you could just do that and so and so that's what's still in effect right now, and as best I can tell, there hasn't actually been any negotiation. It's also unclear whether the Chinese government like knew that those were going to go back into effect, because because Trump did this whole thing like ah, the tarifts are over, blah blah blah blah, no are the thirty percent tariff on all goods, And then the next day he was like, oh, yeah, no, but that the small package one's still there and that rates also changed, so it's also possible by tomorrow the rates are different. Because this is the dominant feature of all of this structurally is just complete chaos, Like it's it's just chaos. Nobody has any idea what the fuck is happening, and this is just a complete fiasco for literally everyone, because the shifts and teriff rates that are happening on a day by day basis are shifts large enough to shift the entire structure of the global economy, and they're just happening every day. And that's and that's the thing that's like fucking the economy almost as much as like the actual tariffs, is just the chaos and the uncertainty and the inability to do any kind of like yea, even the short term planning that businesses usually do. It's also worth noting that like there's no actual trade deal right like there isn't actually a US China trade deal. There's just they both agreed to like back off for a while while they do negotiations. There's also no structural way to actually like resolve the problem that Trump sees here, which is that like Trump and Navarro and the hardliners don't want there to be a US trade deficit with China, and that's not a thing that could be solved, never gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so you know, and this has been playing out in other negotiations too. The US has been in negotiations with India. Trump just like came out and straight up lied and said that India had agreed to get rid of all their tariffs, and India was like, no, we didn't. What the fuck are you talking about art of the deal. Yeah, so you know, this is all turned into just an utter fiasco. Meanwhile, we're starting to see signs that, yeah, the price increase that we all knew we're coming up coming. Walmart is doing massive price increases. A bunch of other companies are considering them. They're probably going to start very soon. I want to read this quote from an economist named Marcus Nolan that NBC talk to, who is a senior institute for the Pierson Institute for International Economics. He said, quote, I think we're in for a lot more turbulence and a lot more back and forth, and the market seems to grasp, which I'm glad someone else is finally fucking saying this because like, yeah, no shit. And part of what was going on here too is the market is just incredibly easy to manipulate because people running the markets are very stupid and the moment they realize, like you could just very very easily make an unhinged amount of money by being like the terrorists are going to go into a fact and then batting against the market. There's been so much like insider stories of like insider trading from this stuff, and I don't think that's like the major thing going on, but it's also like it's just such an easy grift to pull if you know what's gonna happen, Like I could have made a bunch of money if I'd been willing to be like, hey, friends, give me a bunch of money to put to the stock market and let me short a bunch of shit the day before the liberation Day Tarish or whatever.
Speaker 2: And that's a plug for our a new weekend show where Mia does Jim Kramer. We're gonna we're gonna start doing stock portfolio suggestions.
Speaker 5: It's called Markets with Mia.
Speaker 3: Markets with MEA thank you, James, Yeah, well I will, I will, fucking I will throw darts at a dark board and then throw the dartboard at a larger dartboard, and I will outperform Jim Kramer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're calling this to do whatever the opposite of Jim Kramer says power hour. We've literally just reversed his audio.
Speaker 3: It's such a powerful investment strategy, never been defeated. Okay, So, so the one lest thing I want to talk about, which is not quite terriff but is Ekon related, is that there are for the Financial Times, there is a plan and show administration to roll back a bunch of the rules about leverage ratios we're imposed on banks after two thousand and eight. And so, okay, Mia, what the fuck is a leverage ratio?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: The very short leaver underneath the bank.
Speaker 4: If you want to tip it over, you have to be quite a long way, like away from it actually, and then you pivot on the other end.
Speaker 2: I think this is a very funny joke for no one else's last I got the call.
Speaker 3: No, I would try to figure out how to write part two of it, but then you just brought up Archimedies. I was trying to over Archimedies's name, but I couldn't do it, so okay. So basically basically what this is that so banks have just like a bunch of unbelievably risky assets, and this is a requirement that they actually have assets that are safe. Yeah, so they have the assets that are risky go under. They don't get fucking nukes like everyone did in two thousand and eight. Now this is worth noting because one of the other kind of stories that's kind of flown under the radar is that in the past couple of years, a bunch of banks and a bunch of investment firms have been getting back to the literally the exact types of extremely risky mortgage back securities at the cause of two thousand and eight financial collapse. It's literally the same people to bring them back to do the same thing again. They've also been doing it with auto loans, which is great. And in the middle of this, the Trump administration wants to roll back a bunch of the protections that have been maintaining this very very precarious balance that the banking system has been in to like not really collapse for the past decade and a half. So that's gonna be fun. The rumor is gonna happen over the summer. If he does this over the summer, right as everything kicks off, it's gonna be a trip.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else is a trip? These products and services that support this podcast. Woo, all right, we are back. We're in the closest episode with me and James talking about a whole bunch of really bad immigration stuff that has happened again, which I feel like is kind of an evergreen for US. Same thing with Tariff top. We always have some bad immigration news and this week is no different. On Friday May ninth, Stephen Miller announced that the administration is quote actively looking at suspending Habeas corpus. James, do want to give a very brief definition of what habeas corpus is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a foundation of like but legal systems in the world which draw I guess on English common law means bring me the body, right, Like the idea is you have to present some evidence before just incarcerating.
Speaker 1: If you're going to say this guy killed somebody, there better be a corpse.
Speaker 3: Right needs to be like reason and due process for detention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, you can't just lock someone up because you wanted to. Yeah, actually you can, but.
Speaker 2: Sometimes can and this does predate the United States, and the United States itself has suspended Habeas Corpus a few times, usually in specific states. For instance, following the Pearl Harbor attack, Habeas Corpus was suspended in Hawaii to detain Japanese civilians. A President Grant and Congress works together to suspend Habeas Corpus in South Carolina during reconstruction, admits to terrorist attacks from the KKK, which is kind of crazy to think about in retrospect. And the very first time Habeas Corpus was suspended was in the lead up to the Civil War when President Lincoln called for its suspension in the state of Maryland. Now that unilateral action was later deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, and now it's widely recognized that only Congress has the right to suspend Habeas Corpus. This is in the case of rebellion or invasion. Now, this is something that Stephen Miller is talking about. It should be incredibly worrying. Obviously, they've kind of tried to make this happen just already without like explicitly saying so, which is also what like FDR tried to do during World War two, where they don't formally like call for the suspension like nationwide, but they start instituting policies that definitely like do that, Yeah, exactly, which is why we're seeing so many habees petitions being filed across the state when people have been detained unlawfully. Homeland Security Secretary Christin Nomes said on Wednesday in a congressional hearing that the level of border crossings under Joe Biden provides a sufficient legal justification to suspend Habeas corpus following Trump's.
Speaker 3: Declaration of invasion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is something to watch out for as they start trying to basically codify all of the actions that they're currently doing which can be construed as illegal or certainly legally questionable, They're going to try to find ways to make them more explicitly legal.
Speaker 4: So probably the most notable immigration happening this week is one that we already covered on the show, and it is the reopening of the United States refugee admissions program.
Speaker 3: We're taking refugees again.
Speaker 5: We didn't, we didn't, yeh.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, we're only taking the persecuted Africanas of South Africa.
Speaker 3: Wait what, Yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Are the survivors of the white genocide, those those who made it.
Speaker 1: Through quote unquote white genocide, the white genocide that even Groc doesn't agree existly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can't make a digital child believe in No.
Speaker 2: Let me actually quote from a from a grok doing a Darter Banks impression.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do this, Lisa.
Speaker 2: Groc Oopsie used to ask about the replies. But Lisa tinks you are meaning the big talk about South Africa. Yeah, do white jeniside talking Bucho controversial?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I can't hear the rest.
Speaker 1: It's not even good jar Jar, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Did he speak Spanish? I think it's chucking all the racial stereotypey, what are we?
Speaker 1: They make it more racist.
Speaker 2: White farmers getting attacks too much, like two hundred and fourteen attacks a year, and political words like killed four making it worse.
Speaker 1: Bos.
Speaker 3: It's too bad. I'm not getting as pay for exposure to this. It does go on.
Speaker 4: Sentences so much more like I love how you should like. It's fucking dubstep recorders cut.
Speaker 1: In the song. I've never met a nice South African right here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we can. We'll just do the first first. We just discussed it with fine copyright. Yeah, yeah, I'll throw that in here, yep. So even've got a reference to me and Mars, so we're fine. We've covered it before. It's the central worldly song.
Speaker 3: Lisa says, no, thank you stop.
Speaker 4: So if he's giving a double thumbs down, everyone is very upset right now, apart from Garrison.
Speaker 5: Who's laughing like a little imp.
Speaker 4: Having introduced jar Jar binks to the call right back to the Afrikaners that fifty nine Afrikaners who were brought to the United States came After the United States halted or refuge admissions in January, thousands of people, including Afghans who and Iraqis who worked for the United States, remained stranded. Some of them are stuck at airports. Most of them are in third countries where they only have limited visas, and they're looking at timing out their visas in those third countries. As a direct result of the Trump administration's facktory with the white genocide stuff, the Episcopalian Church, not the most work of organizations, has suspended its contracts its resettlement contracts with the government. Criticals support yeah, I mean, I read the letter from one of their bishops on our show about this, and like he was very forthright, and like I generally genuinely do have critical support for the faith based organizations who help refugees. It's a good thing to do, and I'm glad that they are doing it, especially.
Speaker 2: If they're not trying to like turn into a weird missionary operation like evangelicals do.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, what's it called the fucking Glenn Back One doesn't it's not a resettlement agency luckily. So in Worcester, Massachusetts, a place that I didn't know there was a Worcester in America.
Speaker 5: Actually this yesh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So how is it then that as a nation, Americans are incapable of saying Worcestershire.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, because that's just one state and it's not a good one. Also, that's the sauce, right.
Speaker 4: It's also the place I was born Garrison. Oh well, yeah, Worcestershire for those who are you wondering there it is people.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I we do have to call it Worster because that's what it's called in this country.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I care a lot about accurate pronunciations of places and names. So it is Worcester.
Speaker 4: Worster's the city in Worcestershire is the county in England too, so you don't have the county and where you have Massachusetts. So Western Massachusetts Ice threatened to arrest a twenty one year old woman named Augusta Clara, and they told her that they'd have to take her three months old baby as well, because they couldn't leave it with her seventeen year old sister on account of the younger woman being a miner. As it turned out, this was a ploy to lure out her mother. Clara called her mother, who came out to take the baby, and they arrested her mother, which was who they'd been wanting to arrest the whole time. Right This arrest came the day after they'd arrested the baby's father in what Clara says was a response to him honking his horn an undercover ice agent. Neighbors tried to intervene in the scene, which resulted in the Worcester, Massachusetts Leice Department responding. The cops proceeded to body slam seventeen year old girl, arrest her, and arrest a local woman for what they claimed was pushing them. Locals have been protesting since the city council has moved its meetings online citing public safety concerns, and in another bungled raid in the same state, ICE agents left a twelve year old child alone on the sidewalk and drove their vehicle aggressively towards a city councilor who was trying to document a situation. Meanwhile, in Florida, DeSantis has sworn in one hundred Florida Highway Patrol deputies as special US Marshals and their claiming this allows them to conduct immigration enforcement operations of their own outside of cooperation with ICE or CBP. That adds to the two thousand ATF and DA agents the Tramp administration has requested to join ICE teams. So when you're watching videos sometimes you'll see when there are these like ICE snatch squads.
Speaker 5: Right there are.
Speaker 4: EIGHTF agents with them, and what they're generally there to do is like to secure, to provide like additional security on the team while the ICE agents do the actual apprehensions. DeSantis has also offered quote new detention facilities. I haven't seen much reporting on this, but in the same statement on his website where he talked about cross swearing, the highway patrol guys. He also talked about these quote new detention facilities, and I want to take this opportunity to reflect on the existing detention facilities in Florida because they are the worst in a system of horrific detention facilities. The ACLU has documented quote persistent emotional, physical, and sexual abuse at the hands of staff for these facilities, Detainees reportedly being punished simply seeking medical care, being denied medical attention just by having pre existing conditions. The report also found ample evidence of gendered and racialized mistreatment the Chrome Detention Center that's krom Is in particular horrific migrants there, in one instance, were held in chains on buses for sixteen hours and told to use the bathroom where they were sitting on the buses. A migrant named A studios as a hell Vasquez Martinez somehow kept his phone inside the Chrome Detention Center and was able to live stream or at least post videos showed horrific overcrowding. Some sources claim there were as many as four thousand people in the detention center, which has a capacity of five hundred and two people that we know of have died there since January, Florida looking to add more detention centers.
Speaker 5: Not great, it's.
Speaker 4: About all I got. Garrison talk to us about Project Homecoming. Who's coming home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And again we will actually close on some good news. So it's not all horrible stuff this entire time. But we do need to mention Project Homecoming. So this was a proclamation issued by Trump on May ninth, entitled Establishing Project Homecoming, which aims to curb a quote unquote full scale invasion. It claims to devote more federal resources to assist self deportation via the CBP home app, including paying for flights for those who are quote voluntarily and permanently departing the United States, which says, quote the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall create a concierge service whereby any alien illegally present in the United States, it may arrive at an airport with or without appropriate travel documents, book air travel to permanently relocate to a different country. So they are really strengthening these self deportation mechanisms. Section two promises to provide financial incentives in the form of a quote unquote exit bonus for each illegal alien who voluntarily and permanently departs the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so a couple of really weird things there, just off the bat. Yes, age like permanently departs, it seems to suggest that you would be permanently barred from ever entering the United States acquiring a visa.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: Secondly, if you don't have travel documents, the country that you're traveling to or through has no reason to admit you. Right that the US government cannot force other countries to admit people without travel documents. There are things called refugee travel documents, which allow people who have had their passports, et cetera stolen to travel.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's what's gonna happen here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does mention something about trying to negotiate with other countries to allow people without documentation to arrive there, but like, well they actually do that probably not like they've claimed to not have to need to do that before, so like, yeah, that's not like a solid promise. Now, those who choose to remain will face quote sweeping consequences including removal, prosecution, incarceration, and fines as consistent with applicable law for immigration related crimes, the garnishment of wages, and the confiscations of savings and personal property, including homes and vehicles unquote, so they're threatening to steal all of your things. This poclamation follows this like propaganda video shared by Christino in the Department of Homeland Security. This video was released a few weeks ago and it contains some similar rhetoric regarding self deportation and fines being imposed for those who stay in the country.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christinom, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: The whole style of video is very bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a Marvel trailer.
Speaker 2: It's like a Marvel trailer with like the aesetex of like mid two thousands, like dystopian sci fi.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, the end of that video, she talks about being able to return legally, which is in contrast to the language in a Project Homecoming, which says that people would be leaving the United States permanently. Finally, the proclamation directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to within sixty days, supplement existing law enforcement and removal operations by deputizing and contracting state and local police, former Feds, and quote, other individuals to increase the enforcement and removal operations force of the Department of Homeland Security by no less than twenty thousand officers in order to conduct an intensive campaign to remove illegal aliens unquote. And now, as of this morning, May fifteenth, the DHS has requested to mobilize over twenty thousand National Guard troops from the Department of Defense to comply with Trump's order to expand its immigration crackdown, and on Wednesday, the FBI ordered agents to deprioritize white collar crime investigations for the remainder of twenty twenty five to instead focus on immigration enforcement. Field offices notified their agents that now one third of their time must go towards assisting Trump's immigration policies. I'm going to quote from Reuter's quote. The orders came on the same day that Matthew Gailliatti, the head of the Justice Department's Criminal Division, issued new guidance to prosecutors that scales back to the scope of white collar cases historically pursued by the Department and orders prosecutors to quote minimize the length and collateral impact of such investigations. Jeez, again, the most corrupt administration ever ever before seen. For the good news to close the episode, the Tuft's university student was may Oz Turk, who was black bagged on the streets of Massachusetts for co authoring a pro Palestine op ed. Has been released on bail as of May ninth, after spending six weeks in iced attention. The judge said that missus Ostrich's claims of her First Amendment and due process rights being violated are quote unquote very substantial. And then on Wednesday, May fourteenth, the Georgetown University researcher from India named Batar Khan Surrey was released from immigration detention as he continues to fight two deportation cases brought against him by the Trump administration for his support of Palestine. So this is now the third or fourth person that has been released from ICE custody following like political prosecutions based on their activism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Now, these cases are still going to be continuing in courts, but the fact that these people have been released from ICE attention is good news.
Speaker 4: And in most cases they were released on their own recover since right without GPS tagging or any like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're free to move throughout the country because most of them have cases in like multiple states. ICE is trying to move them around to many different locations. And I know that Surrey and Osturik are able to go back to their homes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like it's good.
Speaker 4: It shows that the courts are still able to stop some of this stuff at this time.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that the actual ability of a lawyer to intervene when you were treated illegally by the state is not nil yeah yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, good point, positive developments here, but like yeah, as we'll see with with Miller's goal of getting rid of Habeas Corpus and accelerating law enforcement operations with these twenty thousand new National Guard troops. This is this is something that's still going to be a very a very hot issue for quite a while, and we will continue to report on it as it develops.
Speaker 1: Well everybody, until next time, Remember something we sa reported to news, say we reported the news.
Speaker 7: It could happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you.
Speaker 3: Listen to podcasts.
Speaker 7: You can now find sources for it could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.