Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the end everywhere The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio, Thank you you have stumbled in to the podcast dojo. As we do this every single day, you can hear this podcast. This is a spinoff of the Overnight Show. You hear Danny G during the week on Covino and Rich and both The Ben Mahler Show and Covino and Vich proudly heard on the iHeart Network sports radio of course, but the iHeart Podcast network where you hear this show available wherever you get your podcasts. A global audience, so they tell me, a global audience. We did have a good night of global calls. I think it was Thursday. We had the first hour. We had a call from Jerusalem and a call from the Auto Bonn in Germany, so that was kind of cool. Well a little bit of this, a little bit of that, so that was neat. And then of course we went from those calls to a guy in West Covina, so you know, what the heck, what the heck?
Speaker 3: I would love to drive on the Autobond sometime.
Speaker 1: This guy, Butch, he's from the States, but he lives he's a contractor. He lives overseas with his family, and he loves to call the show from the Autobhn. He gets like a big kick out of it. He thinks it's like the coolest thing in the world. And I don't disagree. I don't disagree. It's kind of cool that he calls up and tell stories and he goes to all these different European countries, so he likes to to check in and it's like his own taskport when he calls in from these different places. Oh, before I forget, By the way, this is the final Saturday before the Mauther meet and greet is one week from today. Today is the thirteenth of May, May twentieth, so a week from today five pm to nine pm, it'll be on like Donkey Kong at the Mermaid Inn. And Events Center in Moundsview, Minnesota. I have never been to Mounds Yew, Minnesota. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but this place looks really cool and they've got all kinds of entertainment. They get an arcade, bowling, axe throwing, and my fat ass will be there. Doc Mike's driving in from Chicago. We've got the Minnesota contingent. We've got listeners that have rsvp'ed from Iowa, from Wisconsin. There's rumors we've got possibly from Maryland, Florida, California. It's gonna be crazy, Dan and I cannot wait to get there and hang out with everybody and then travel around and see Minnesota and the sites and sounds and all. It's gonna be a fun weekend. But a week from today I will be hanging out there again. Mermaid's in an event Center, Mermaid in No S Mermaid and Event Center, twenty two hundred Mounds View Boulevard in beautiful Mounds View, Minnesota. I don't know that anyone famous came from Moundsview, Minnesota, but that's where it is.
Speaker 3: This is even going to have a family reunion barbecue feel because there's T shirts involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, there are not available anymore. If you missed out on that, you snooze, you'll lose. Unfortunately, there was a limited edition shirt which should arrive just before the meet and greet. They have not been sent out yet, I understand, but they are going to be sent out and assuming the United States Postal Service does their job and depending on where you are, you should get the shirt if you ordered one in time for the meet and greet. Knock on wood and we might do another shirt people want. I'll talk to the people see if they like that. We might do something else malard themed for the summer. So who knew that?
Speaker 4: No, I gotta do some Fifth Hour podcast shirts.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. I think we should do that. Also, we can do a Daddy g radio shirt. Would you wear a shirt with your name on it? That's the question. It's an awkward thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe your name, not your face, not your photo, that would be awkward.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a no. No, you cannot wear your photo. That's a party foul. That's like naming, giving yourself a nickname, which the only person that successfully gave themselves a nickname? You know it is right? No, Tobi Tobi brought it. Kobe called himself the Black Mamba. He came up with a nickname. Gotcha is nobody? You can't come up with your own nickname, Kobe could anybody on the Clippers is half of what Kobe Bryant is edited audios? What that is?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I have all these nicknames, Danny g. But I didn't come up with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you molded a lot of them, though I.
Speaker 1: Did not know. I did not These came from different people who happened to be fans of the show that said, hey, you know what you are. Most of them came from this guy, Richard the racehorse from Detroit, who I don't even know if he's still around, but he hasn't called the show in a while. But I didn't give myself the nickname the spinmaster of misinformation or the bannering Broadcaster. I didn't say you know what you are? You're the Beethoven of bs so the curmudget commentary. I didn't do any of those things, dany Gy. I didn't say, hey, you're the Chasm of Sarka. Let's move on, the Czar of Zanny, the dark Knight of weak Night sports Radio, the Mogul of mischief, Benny the Brazen, the King of Zing, money Ball Mallor, Benny the Bopper, the Facetious Fox. They didn't say, you know what you are? The Sultan of insulting, No, the Shaman of shot in freude.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna eat my peanut butter toast right.
Speaker 1: Now, Jumping Jack of Wisecrack, Insight of Overnight Medicine, Man Mallard, I'm getting choked up. This is so great. Nay Bob of Negativity, Sage of Outrage, Pinnacle of cynical, no Prince and Preposterous, Professor Propaganda, his arf hy probably and the mad Hatter of sports chatter.
Speaker 4: That's some good jelly.
Speaker 1: That's only half of my my nicknames. I could do the other half if you want, but I'm not. You know I'm not. I'll save you from that. I'll save you from that. Oh yes. On this podcast, the one you are listening to right now, we've got cash Back, Benny, life Hack of the Week, Bone Booth, Box Office, blast Off, Backscratcher, and Scientifical. That is a lot of stuff. That is a lot of different stuff. So we'll start with a life hack. We're gonna call it cash back Benny. So in a previous episode of this podcast, which may or may not have been the previous podcast that we did, I told the story of how the Malor mansion needed new insurance and that cost me my all of my liquid money, all of my travel fun money gone zero, zippo, it's all, none of it's left. And because I had to spend it, seventy five hundred dollars on electrical work for the house, so I can't go to Maine, can't go see my brother in New York, you know, the whole thing. But my wife's like, hey, I need to get I want to get a new like an air conditioner. We don't have really the money. I want to get an air conditioner for the house for the summer it's gonna get hot. We have kind of an older air conditioner, like we use the We use the room air conditioners because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the actual air conditioner for the house. Because that's a nightmare. So whatever room you're in, you just turned the air conditioner on. But the main room which we sleep in, the air conditions kind of it's a little so, so we need another one. This is a room missing it, so whatever, But we didn't have the money. So I remember and my wife reminded me of a life hack. It called me cash back Benny. So she wants this big air room air conditioner. We got no money, so what do we do? We dipped in Danny g to the rainy day fund and I was able to come up with enough money by doing something that I would have done anyway, and paid me and I had forgotten about it. But it was adding money by the day. And the answer is Bing, Danny, do you know what that means? Bing is the answer. Do you realize what that is?
Speaker 4: No? All right?
Speaker 1: So you know how everyone uses Google? Mm hmm, that's like the premium search engine. I don't use Google. I don't google things. I use Bing. So I'll tell you why. So my older brother told me about this. So Bing. If you sign up for a Bing account and you just log in and then you forget about it, they will pay you for like when you search on Bing, they will give you credit and then after a certain amount of time, you get these points and you can then cash them in for Amazon gift cards. There's a bunch of other things you can cash them in for.
Speaker 4: So the way, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you, Danny, because you work in our business. Here. The main reason I use search insines a lot. I'm looking for different things to kind of enhance monologues or enhance the show. I'm always searching for crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Plus one of your main addictions, how about.
Speaker 1: Yeah? So so anyways hello, yeah. So whether it's naughty or nice, it doesn't matter. And so over the last couple of years, I'd forgotten about It's one of these things. You said it and forget it. And I had, and I'm not exaggerating hundreds and hundreds of dollars in Amazon money that was just sitting there that I didn't even know. And I did nothing other than what I normally would have done for my job. And the reason I don't have a problem with this is so whether they're tracking where you search. Don't you think all of the search engines track, So it's not like if you go on Google, they're not tracking what you're doing. Of course, they're tracking what you're doing. That's what they all these internet companies. It's like you are the product. The only as that old line goes, the only companies that call their customers users are drugs and the Internet. That's it. You're right user of the Internet, you are the product. And so I have no problem with it, and I do recommend it Danny, because it's especially now Bing's got that AI thing on it. They're ahead of Google and the AI for now. But this paid You know how expensive air conditioners are. This thing paid for like eighty five percent of the air conditioners. So and I don't I'm not getting money from being I don't work for Bing. I don't even really think Bing's all that great. But I don't think it's much different than Google. And if you've got to search the internet, if you have a job, you have to search for stuff a lot like I have or Danny has. I mean, why not Danny's free money?
Speaker 4: What You've got to sign up for an account?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got a I got a bogus well not bogus, I just got a dummy email which I don't check. And then I that's that's where, and I completely forgot about it. And it just adds up. You get points every single day you can you can log in on your phone and you can get some more more points and all that. So it's a it's an easy thing to do. And it's called Microsoft Awards. When you log into to bing and there's all kinds and again I don't know, I'm not getting paid. It's not a commercial. Sounds like a commercial. I just I really, I think it's a great thing because you can, you know, you can get free money out of stuff. And when you when you spend seven grand on electrical work and then you're run an out of money and you want to buy something, you can get cash back essentially, So it's a it's a good thing to do.
Speaker 4: So I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: You know, I have one small virus in this laptop and it automatically makes me go to bing because of it, So it's already directing me that way thanks to a virus. So you're dealing with a company that puts viruses in computers.
Speaker 4: But at least they pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, and they have like they have like I used Amazon, but they have Starbucks money, you can get gift cards, you can get Burger King, Domino's, Walmart, Target, the Dunkin Donut. I mean, there's all big companies are on there. So it's uh. I chose Amazon because I needed what I needed, but there's a bunch of other stuff on there anyway, So if you want to do it, it's a life hack. Free money might as well. I always love free money. What the heck, And into the phone booth we go, Danny, We got to go to the phone booth. That's what we do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: As you know firsthand, the new studios have had some ups and downs. They look very beautiful, but technically there's still some smaller issues that they've.
Speaker 4: Been ironing out.
Speaker 3: As we like to say, and we said on that special podcast where we were reminiscing about all the greatest moments in the old Fox Sports Radio Network studios. One thing that your old producer, wrong Button Bob constantly has been bothering the engineers about is he needs a hotline number. Where's the hot line? I need hotline numbers. I need a warm line, and I need a hotline because every hour on the odd couple he has a guest that will call him on the hot line or he calls them on that number. When we first moved into Rush Limbaugh's old studio, the phone system did not have a warm line or a hot line, so we were having to call guests off the regular phone number off of one of the regular lines, and you know that could be a little hairy, let's say, And here's proof of that. So after Covino and Rich is over, I'm doing post production. I'm also in the kitchen heating something up in the microwave for a snack, and I walk into the main studio to grab my backpack. Ron Button Bob actually wasn't there that day. I don't want to say the producer's name because I don't want to bust his chops because this experience looked like it scarred him.
Speaker 4: Let's say his name. It rhymes with Reathan.
Speaker 3: He was filling in for wrong Button Bob, and he dialed up NBA great Gilbert Arenas as the guest.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's another edit.
Speaker 3: Bay guy in the studio and he tells Reathan and he tells Alex the engineer on that shift, Oh, man, I loved Gilbert Arenas when he was playing. They're having like this little small talk about Gilbert Arenas, and he's like, did he bring a gun into the locker room? And there they were kind of like, you know, they were going down memory lane. As Chris Brussard and Rob Parker on the air are introing Gilbert Arenas. So he's got him punched up on the phone, and Chris gives him this big introduction. As Chris is rambling off Gilbert's resume, you hear him on the phone and he's getting ready to talk, and Chris Broussard says, Gilbert Arenas, welcome into the couple. And there's a pause one beat, and then the voice says, this is not Gilbert Arenas. Uh oh, and Chris Phersard says, it is not.
Speaker 1: Always the Optimist, always the Optimist.
Speaker 3: It was one of their regular callers who was on hold on one of the regular lines, and so poor Reathan punched up the wrong line. Because you know, those studio lines are all black buttons. They all kind of look the same right now. They weren't even labeled last week. So he just hit the one above the one he was supposed to push. A listener who was hearing in his handset this big introduction and then he says this is not Gilbert, and we're dying laughing and producer filling in for wrong button Bob. He looked pale. He did not he wasn't amused. He didn't think it was a funny moment the way we did. Alex immediately turned it into a drop. Not on the air, but off the air. During commercial breaks, you'll hear Alex playing this is not Gilbert Renus.
Speaker 1: That is great. That is not the first time that has happened. We were in the early days of Fox Sports Radio, the very very early days. We were Steve Mason, who's at the ESPN station in La Mason and Ireland. But Mason was doing a show on a Saturday night and he thought he was talking to Jim Bowden, who was the general manager of the Cincinnati Reds at the time. This goes way back, like this is like a million years ago, and Jim Boden Bowden rather was the GM of the Reds. But Jim Boden, you know, Jim Boden was much much different, much different story. He was the guy from I think it was called Ball four, you know it. It was the book about remember the wife swapping.
Speaker 4: Oh I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, so the producer put him on and Mason thought he was interviewing the Reds general manager, and he was not. He was interviewing the guy Jim Boughten from Baalton. But Jim Bowten realized that he the guy interviewing him, didn't realize who he was talking to. So when Mason was asking Bouten about, you know, Ken Griffy Junior and what's going on because he wasn't playing well for the Reds, and Jim Bound's like, oh, yeah, we're gonna trade him. He's not, He's not doing that. It was hilarious. It was so it was so great and we were all I was in the studio, We're like, whoa, that was breaking news. The wildest, wildest crazy thing. I think Jim Boughten actually died a few years ago, but he had a great sense of humor. Man, he just went with it and he's like, Okay, this guy does not know who he's talking to, so I am just going to get the craziest dans. And he was so smart about it. As I remember it, maybe I got it wrong, but as I remember it in the time looking back, like he started out kind of like serious, like he was, they weren't outrageous, and then when when he kept getting asked questions, he just kept giving more outrageous answers, like he's getting he got more crazier and crazier and crazier, and it was It was just wonderful. And Jim Boughten also created something Danny the real Gym, not Jim Bowden, who else? He did actually end up working at Fox Sports Radio, which is which is kind of crazy. Later on he was one of our baseball and analysts. I did some shows with him.
Speaker 4: Is a good dude.
Speaker 1: But but Jim Boughten, Uh, he he created something that was a big part of little league and youth baseball. If you're around my age when you wanted to mimic baseball players, Danny, did you ever have and maybe you didn't have this, but it was a big part of my life Big League two? Did you ever?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so good and for all of us who are around that age are heroes in baseball. You could not watch a baseball game without a giant golf ball in the in the in the mouth and uh, tobacco being spit all over the field.
Speaker 3: Yes, it looked like a tobacco pouch. The gum inside was in strands and you would just take a big handful of it and chuck it in your mouth, and yeah, man, it it was. It was a big part of our childhood with baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you thought you thought you were like the boss man. You were like, you know, this is like a starter kit to chewing tobacco. You're ready to go. Nowadays, of course people would get very up Sode. You should not be showing that to children. What's wrong with your Shame on you. But it was a pretty pretty smart, pretty smart idea a bunch of people. There were like three or four people, but Jim Boughten was part of that. Anyway. I did not expect to go down Jim bouton highway when we talked about Gilbert Arenas. But are they going to put a hot line in or two hot lines?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I want to say this past Wednesday or Thursday, the hot line and warm line numbers were added to the phone system.
Speaker 1: Oh so, so the same numbers we had in the other place are wrong.
Speaker 4: Button.
Speaker 3: I was trying to figure that out the other day. But I do know that two numbers were installed to that new phone system. But it's funny. It would be like it. It would be the equivalent to you doing this huge build up to welcome in lamar odom onto your show. Former Clipper, former laker lamar otum and then Dick and Dayton's voice comes on and this isn't lamar.
Speaker 1: Well what I was doing local radio years ago. We had a caller this and I don't even know who it was, and I don't know We had this Lee Clein, who we've had on you you know, your Battle Royale there would lead back in the day. But Lee did a show after me and Dave Smith, and we had a caller that called up and we were promoting like Lee Clein's coming up when we get done, and this guy in this like thick you know Mexican accent, says, who the hell is Lee Kleine. It was the funniest that as a drop. It was so funny, the timing that guy nailed it. Comedy genius, whoever that guy was, it was hilarious. Well, when you find out what the inside numbers are, let me know, Danny, so I can adjust my And not that we give out the hotline very often, but sometimes I'll have people call in and there is no number other than the call in the regular on air number to call. So yeah, it would be nice if they passed that number out to people so they would have the inside number. I liked it. It's taken several weeks for them to get around to that though. That's good. You think that might have been something you might want to be right away, But what do I know? I know nothing.
Speaker 3: It was funny because wrong Button Bob was asking for it so often that this past Monday or Tuesday when he asked the engineer, are we going to get the hotline yet? And the engineer said, every time you asked for it, it's going to be two days longer.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right. That sounds about right. We'll waiting for that, but we have something else. We're ready for the box office. Blast off it blast off. If you ask for it, they will come. Danny g We had many people that sent in movie ideas. You had told the story last week. As the school year winds down, you were planning on having a wonderful, glorious movie event at the school. You're gonna have a movie day at the school. We're all the kiddos.
Speaker 3: I get to play one movie each morning, so I need five amazing movies that we really appreciate that I want to pass on to these middle school students.
Speaker 1: All right, So Kyrie, who's in O case?
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Now, he says, these are movies from when he was a kid. He's thirty two years old, so he said, a little younger than us, Actually a lot younger, but anyway, whatever, So Kyrie is our guy. We love Kyrie, big fan of the show. So Kyrie says, here are the movies that that from his childhood that were important for him. James and the Giant Peach. Okay, Matilda, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Oliver and Company, those are the ones.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Uh. Mike from Fullerton said he had a few suggestions for you. He wrote in he says, how about either the Sandlot or the original Space Jam with MJ and that other bum who me?
Speaker 4: Sandlot's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he said, if you want something a little less sporty, you should go with the Great misdoubt Fire. Now what do these have to do? These have to be what'd you say, PG? Is that what you?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: Misdoubt Fire wouldn't pass the sniff test nowadays? How sensitive people are?
Speaker 1: Oh well, he says, he says, I doubt it'll be the first time any of the kids have seen a man pretending to be a woman. Wow, Okay, but yeah, that was a Big the Big Drag movie back in the in the day. Well, I guess, uh, Steve writes and he's his home alone. But isn't that kind of an obvious one? Do you really need Steve to write? And I mean no disrespect to Steve, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the kids have all seen Home Alone during the Christmas season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you need to. I don't think you need to go down that road. Mike. Oh you know what, I actually like this one a lot. I don't know what the rating is, though, I thought this was a great movie. What about Bob? Remember that movie? What about Bob?
Speaker 4: I do remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would that not fly? What was the rating on that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, that might be for adults. I mean we saw as kids and liked it. I don't know if kids nowadays would appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It was pretty funny though, but maybe not. The kids today have the they have technology and see let me type of interest to see what it is? See what about Bob?
Speaker 4: Let's see here?
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety one Black comedy, it says here, That's what it says, Bill Murray, Richard dreyf Is one hour, thirty nine minutes, that's right in the sweet spot there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't see the rating on it.
Speaker 1: I don't either. How do they not have the rating? Doctor Leo Marvin Richard drives. I think that'd be all right. Yeah, toss it out. I don't know. I liked it. I thought it was good. I think it'd be okay. What else do we have here on the box office blast off? I thought we mentioned this one last week from from Mark. He says, groundhog Day. But that didn't we I thought that came up last.
Speaker 3: I think you're just dapping groundhog Day moment where you feel like it happened already.
Speaker 1: No, I know exactly.
Speaker 3: Wow about Bill Murray movies popping up? Oh you talked about Ghostbuster, a different Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: Movie I talk about. We did not tell you about the groundhog Day.
Speaker 4: Oh you talked about Ghostbusters?
Speaker 1: All right? Who else wrote in? I don't think I got the name on those biggles Well, he said, biggles, Hey, Danny. A couple of movies for the kids at school to watch. A Flight of the Navigator.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good one. Old Disney movie.
Speaker 1: Harry and the Henderson's Pee Wee.
Speaker 3: Herman was the voice of that spaceship on Flight of the Navigator.
Speaker 1: Oh was that right? Yeah, that's cool. Let me find out who sent this, because I want to give the person credit. We got a lot of We got a lot of odd not odd, but people in the movie don't normally write, oh, this is from war. Oh this is what's his name? Ozzie was so Ozziwash said, Flight of the Navigator, Harry and the Henders in Biggles. What is Biggles?
Speaker 4: Not sure?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that IS's.
Speaker 3: Some Australian fair but Harry and the Henderson's that's a good one.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Ozzie Wise, we appreciate that. That's a good job by you. This one's from The Late Night is actually old. Now that's another movie I liked a lot. This is from Jeff in Parts Unknown, He says The Truman Show. Would that work?
Speaker 3: I don't think that would capture the attention of middle school kids starting a school.
Speaker 4: Day, Okay, but I like it. I mean it's a great movie. I don't think for this though.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so that's that's all we got, Danny. So hopefully you get a few of those out any Danny in there that.
Speaker 4: You might know. I'm molding the list.
Speaker 3: I got Flight of the Navigator, James and the Giant Peach.
Speaker 4: That might be a good one.
Speaker 1: All right, very cool, So thank you everyone that sent messages in.
Speaker 4: I think I got a stand lot I wrote stand a lot down as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what about teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Probably not a good idea. Probably not that's going to work there.
Speaker 4: Kids have seen a rebooted version of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's one. I thought, I remember the cool Runnings with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, with John Candy. No, No, it's it's silly. It's fast paced. That's the thing. And nowadays the movie has to be fast paced and preferably silly.
Speaker 4: For these kids.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right, that's why I'm going.
Speaker 3: To start off with the Goonies on the final Monday of school.
Speaker 1: That would be a good one.
Speaker 4: They'll like that.
Speaker 1: They should like the Goonies in the Postally they have phones shuffle do it? Why didn't they put that on the TikTok? They could have put the you know, the monster on the TikTok. What's up with that? I don't understand. They would have gone viral. You know, other toddles the backscratcher segment. Danny G. Right, now you scratch our back, we scratch yours. And this week, did we get three reviews? Two reviews or no reviews?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say two reviews.
Speaker 1: Danny G. You are overly optimistic. We pitched a shutout. We pitched a shutout, which is disappointing, because I'll tell you why if you go to the Apple podcast page. We have been trying to get to four hundred. We like round numbers, a nice big round number. We are still two reviews away from the magic where at three ninety eight. We need to get to four hundred, So you could be number three ninety nine and then somebody else will be number four hundred or vice versa, and then we'll get to that round number and then we can keep going to five hundred. But my math tells me, Danny, we have to get to four hundred before we get to five hundred. There's no way to get to five hundred without getting to four hundred.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and if I remember correctly, we targeted the month of June to get there, So come on, let's go.
Speaker 4: We gotta get it done this month.
Speaker 1: You only have a you know, a few months is flying by times flying by. Can't slow it down. Won't slow it down even if we wanted to slow it down.
Speaker 4: You gotta beat the baby. We need these reviews before her water breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how disappointed would Danny G's sun be if that his dad did not get the four hundred reviews on the podcast. I'm embarrassed. You want to embarrass Danny ge and his kids? I mean, kid's gonna be be proud of him. You want you anyway? All right, So if you want to do that, it's in the description on this podcast. But go to the podcast page for Apple Apple dot com. It's podcast dot Apple dot com search the Fifth Hour with Ben. You can also, while you're at it, give a review to the Ben Maler Show podcast. Let's Get Scientifical. What do you say, DANNYJ. You want to get scientifical.
Speaker 4: Let's do it right.
Speaker 1: We'll get scientifical right now. These are some science stories that cut my attention. Science related stories. You don't often think of Windy's when you think of science, the fast food place with the square burgers and the chicken. But ten up, there's a science story, Let's get scientifical coming from Windy's. They have announced they will soon deploy drive through chat bots. The chat bots AI at the drive through, So when you want the frosty and the nuggets and the large fry, you will be talking to AI. That is going to be the new thing here.
Speaker 3: And Windy, Who's going to be at the cast register at the first window.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question. But they say that the Windy drive through Wendy's drive throughs in the United States in the coming month. The decision has been made by corporate because of a labor shortage at Windy's and the first test location where chatbots will be deployed is Windy's in Columbus, Columbus, Ohio. That is the home, the birthplace of Windy's, and the CEO says AI chatbots are a huge opportunity for us to deliver a truly a differential, faster and frictionless experience to our customers, which is to say, let me, let me use like seven big words and then all sound really smart and people will love it.
Speaker 4: And what the hell frictionless?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know what that sounds like.
Speaker 4: That guy's sex life.
Speaker 1: Hello. Wendy's collaborated with Google to create customized, the customized chat box, and the language model. I don't know, eh, there you go. They say that the chat box will have a female voice. It has been programmed to understand requested items that aren't phrased exactly as they appear on the menu.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be great if it sounded like Tammy and Montana, Yeah, salt become or Genie come on in man?
Speaker 1: Hey? Yeah, Hey, can I get a milkshake?
Speaker 4: You know, have you heard about redheads?
Speaker 1: I don't want to frosty, I want a milkshake. Yeah, all right. So that's first scientifical story. Here's an interesting story from Dubai. A lot of people who love the ocean are freaking out. They're saying, what's going on to the ocean? All the reefs are going away and all this stuff. So an artificial reef is being built in Dubai that will have one billion chorls, one billion corals. They are they're going big. I've never been d Dubaio, Like they never get there, but they do go big, seventy seven square miles. They're calling it a floating living lab that is being built, complete with the billion corals, a luxury eco lodge. So there's you can stay at this thing. So, oh, here's why they're doing That's why they're.
Speaker 4: Doing it, Danny the resort.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like it's man made. We're gonna have all these fish there, and so we'll put all this coral. We're gonna make all this you know, coral, and then people will want to come there because there'll be all these exotic fish and it's a luxury resort.
Speaker 3: How about some mechanical sharks while they're at it, that'd be cool. And then you could rent the remote control boxes to people. Yeah, why not have a joystick and you could chase people in the water with your shark.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, here's the people at Hyundai have created. Ah, there's a there's a video going around. I saw this this week. It's a science story. An electric car that is able to drive sideways. Yeah, they're working on the tech on this that would let anyone parallel park. So the company has added motors to all four wheels, allowing them to turn sideways. Man, Okay, so you can turn wheels ninety degrees and they call it the crab walk. You can do the crab walk. Okay, I don't know how long that's going to take to get to the market. But what the hell you ever wondered what human meat tastes like? Danny, what you know you're not going full Jeffrey Dahmer on you know the road, You get a little flesh. You've met, all you've eaten, all the human flesh you want, which is none like you.
Speaker 4: I like my meat cooked medium, Well.
Speaker 1: Yes, cut that meat. This is let's get scientifical scientists have discovered, or they claim they know, what human meat tastes like, and they have revealed the different flavors of the human meat. They say eating part an influence. Of course it's an influencer. Ate her meniscus, she had it removed during surgery, and so she ate her meniscus and she said it, well, she she ate part of her own knee in a spaghetti. So she put it in a little spaghetti and she said it was like flavors flavorless. There you go. Somebody else compared it to veal in the story, So there you go. I think I'm aout right although I do bite my fingernails sometimes when I get nervous, which is kind of like human not human flesh. But yeah, so this one's sent in by our friend Alf the Alien Opineer says scientists that discovered a new species of blind snake in a Brazilian river that looks just like part of the human anatomy. This is the second or third consecutive week we've had one of these stories. He's long. Everywhere. Every week there's one of these stories. I guess there's only so many things that there's so many shapes out there on the planet Earth, and so there's a lot of things that look like junk, and this would be another one. So I'm gonna add that to the list. A blind snake in a Brazilian river looking like you're junk. So well, maybe maybe not you're junk, but maybe somebody else's depending on your junk. It's really up. You'd have to be the the person that knows what you what you look like there. So there is that. I will get out on that. Anything you want to promote Danny on a Saturday Saturday, Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 4: No Man, just the fifth Hour podcast.
Speaker 1: Today I'm actually on the live air.
Speaker 3: Big thank you to everybody that supports the podcast.
Speaker 1: Absolutely thank you. You are my favorite person for downloading this podcast. I mean that because you know Otherwise, what's the point of doing this, Danny if no one's actually listening to it. There are plenty of podcasts where no one listens to. We do not want to be that type of podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should mention it's Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, love your mom, spoil your mom.
Speaker 3: So to your gift today so that you're not empty handed tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Or you could wait till Monday when everything's on sale. But that would be the wrong thing to do. That would be the wrong thing to do. You should not do that. Do not do that, for Mom deserves only the best, which means as good as all the rest. We'll get out on that. Have a wonderful day, we'll catching up time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Ben, how about my Lakers hand coon?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Good prediction by you, buddy.
Speaker 1: How dare you later?
Speaker 4: Skater gotta murder, I gotta go.