Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle here and I've got a big announcement to share with you guys. So it's been a long, long year of being a gecko on the computer, taking people's phone calls and interacting with folks over digital mediums, and with the world reopening and things looking like they're getting back to normal, I have decided to film a road trip documentary series called gek Across America, where I Am going to visit my listeners and viewers all across the country and help them out with their problems in person. If you have some sort of unique experience that you could offer to this series, or perhaps a problem that you think I could help you with, please I encourage you to visit www dot gek across America dot com and submit an application to be part of this project. That's www dot gek across America dot com. I have no idea how this is going to go. I have no idea what people are going to submit to me. I don't know if I'm gonna get killed. I don't know uh what's gonna happen here, but I am extremely excited to see what you folks send over. I will go anywhere in the United States, and I will do the pretty much anything and try to help you out with anything. I don't know. Maybe you need your fence painted, Maybe you want me to beat up your kids bully, maybe you want me to help you find love. Anything. I'm looking to help people. I'm looking to go on adventures. I'm looking to learn things. If you know anything that you think you could teach me. Maybe you're a yoga person or a math guy and you can teach me something like that. Please, folks, anything, I'm going all across America, and I would love for you to be a part, So head on over to www dot gek across America dot com and submit application and I hope to hear from you soon. And with that out of the way, let's get into our regularly scheduled programming. We got a great bunch of calls in here. I think this is a great episode and I'm excited for you guys to listen to it. And I'm gonna shut the hell up and let's get into the Calls.
Speaker 2: Goes on the line thinking of its own calls every night. Everything goes to its teaching your life an expert.
Speaker 3: All from Stevie.
Speaker 1: Stevie talk to me.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, dude, Wow, what's up?
Speaker 5: I got my second COVID vaccine today and I'm your second?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a dog? Sick as a dog?
Speaker 5: I feel like shit right now?
Speaker 1: You're sick as a dog. I don't like that term because I don't think that dog, because there's a lot of healthy dogs out there. I don't think when I think of a dog, I don't think of sickness. You ever seen a dog run? They're very fast, It's true.
Speaker 5: I actually don't really know where that term where phrase rather came from.
Speaker 1: M you're sick as a dog and a scuff and went to ten. I was sick are you? With ten being the sickest the one being the not sickest?
Speaker 5: I'd say like six just really like naxious and like dizzy. It honestly feels like I skipped my meds or something, but I know I.
Speaker 4: Didn't, so it was it was the vaccine. Glad I got it.
Speaker 5: So I work on COVID like call center for my state, so like, I know it's worth it. I it just sucks right now.
Speaker 1: Do you also end up telling a lot of people to turn the thing off and back on again?
Speaker 5: Whereas so I'm a manager actually, and a lot of the employees are like middle aged or like older and really shitty technology. So yeah, actually do just like our software needs turning off and that kind of thing. So yeah, I actually do end up dealing.
Speaker 4: With that a lot too.
Speaker 1: M Are you competitive?
Speaker 7: Mm?
Speaker 5: I didn't really like well, I didn't used to be, but I started doing like content creation and shit this year, which sounds really pretentious, but I realized like that the numbers care like I care about the numbers way more than I like used to, or more than I thought I would rather. It makes me feel kind of like, I don't know, I guess I never really wanted to like be that kind of person.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense what kind of content you create?
Speaker 5: So I'm on TikTok and I it's stupid, but I run a couple of segments. One is Confession Booth with Stevie and the other one is Stevie and the Monster Fuckers, and the second one is very fun. Both are fun, but I like the second one the most.
Speaker 4: And I literally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people submit their monster crushes and I rate them and I scale of zero which is unfuckable to ten. Oh god, oh god, Yes, let me get in there. Uh and yeah, that's my whole st It is just that monsters.
Speaker 1: Now monsters on the scale of of of beast to human. Where are are they? Because there are some I mean, are these are these monsters human? Because best reality, are the monsters human enough a to consent to sex?
Speaker 5: Most Yeah, so this obviously is a is a huge this course in the community to where like, uh, the the conditions basically has to be that they are like sentient and able to consent, Like obviously, I think that's.
Speaker 1: A good qualification to have.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, But then there's still ones like someone submitted the fucking the chameleon from Tangled, and I'm like, I don't care if he's sentient.
Speaker 8: That's a pet.
Speaker 5: That's a pet. I feel horrible about that.
Speaker 1: No, can he talk? Can he communicate?
Speaker 5: He can communicate usually in like like pointing and nodding and symbols and like expressions these like a Disney character, so like he can communicate, But I don't that's a pet. I don't know, I don't know, So stuff like that. It's kind of like blurry. But then it's like werewolves not technically an animal, but that's like a human soul. Right, that's fuckable. That's fuckable.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I want to talk to you about the numbers thing because I, you know, look, i'm a content creator as well. I I you know, empathize with that a lot. But I also I just really have to know. And maybe this will break the illusion here and you don't want to answer this, but I just I need to know the monster fucking is this?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: What percentage of this? Maybe it's not. Maybe the answer to this is not all or nothing here, but what percentage of this is a joke versus you actually want to have sex with a monster?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I would have sex with a monster. I want to suck a dragon so bad?
Speaker 1: Really want to fuck a dragon?
Speaker 4: I would?
Speaker 5: I would no. Listen, I pretend like the whole series is like objective and this is this is me judging you for your taste, but it's solely base. It's very subjective because the skill that I use is based on how much I personally.
Speaker 11: Want to fuck them.
Speaker 5: So I constantly get people very angry at how I raided their crush, Like everyone's mad that I rated the Like Nick Wilde from Zutopia, I ridded him like a four. I don't want to fuck him. He makes me angry. He's very smug and I think he's a dick and I don't want to fuck him.
Speaker 4: But everyone's very angry about that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I want to suck monsters.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: What is there a character in the community that is generally rated as the sort of Maxim's sexiest monster that everyone wants to fuck?
Speaker 5: There have been a couple of The tall sexy vampire lady from Resident Evil was up there, and also why don't the Blue Fang from Castlevania? I really wanted to fuck him and everyone else started acting up too, and that's one of the more animalistic But people were really into him, mainly because he ended up like eating a corrupt priest or something and had a deep boys and like, yeah, Also, my community is like a bunch of like LGBTQ like teens and college students and like, I really love that. So a lot was of religious trauma, so that Cater's very heavily to that taste as well.
Speaker 1: So is there a monster that Okay, so you've told me that everyone wants to fuck the the Fox from Zutopia and you do not. Is there a monster that you that you want to fuck that everyone else is not interested in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh what's that bitch?
Speaker 5: Bill Cipher from Gravit Falls and the.
Speaker 1: Problem Bill Cipher, No, No.
Speaker 5: I need to explain myself. I know it sounds bad. I need to explain myself I got I got into that fandom in high school. I was very impressionable and I was on Tumblr at the time, and Bill Ceipher got the Tumblr sexy man treatment. So they just took the character we were given and made like horny fan art of him and just made him look like a skinny little twink and everyone was in to him, and like I was too. But I'm now realizing that that has given me so much brain rot. I literally do not look at the triangle and see the triangle. I see the sexy little blonde guy who's like, I don't know, gonna choke you or whatever. And so I'm realizing I literally cannot look at that man as he is, which picks me off because now I'm rewatching the show and I'm like, I don't know if i'd actually fuck this man, but I'm in too deep now, so I really can't take that one back.
Speaker 1: It's a triangle, is anything, what's going in, what's going out? What's uh? I don't even logistically, how does that even work?
Speaker 5: Well, listen, he's a shape shifter, he's a.
Speaker 1: Shapefe So so you was okay, so, but okay, so that's so okay, all right in your perfect fantasy where you're having sex with Bill Seipher in what form or is he in?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not realizing kind of falls apart when I have to think about it deeper than that.
Speaker 4: Usually it says that the because then you would.
Speaker 1: Have you would run have sex with what mainly whatever that form is? Or I guess I mean you're attracted to his personality, which is intact whatever wardless of the form.
Speaker 5: Oh evil, horrible personality. But I'm now realizing that I really messed up by rating him that night, because what the reason I was attracted to him was because of the fan art. But the fan art Droom is a human. Oh god, I read it.
Speaker 12: A human.
Speaker 4: I messed up.
Speaker 5: I met up.
Speaker 4: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: Stevie, Stevie, Stevie. Before we go, I have to be honest with you about something. Yeah, I think the reason why your numbers might be low is because having sex with monsters a little niche. Niche a niche if I do say so myself, No, you're.
Speaker 5: Right, it is, and I'm honestly okay with that niche. Although it is weird because I have been recognized in public and that does mean that in my favorite coffee shop a couple of people have found me and they go, the monsterfucker.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, so I've really done this to myself and I'm really in deep now, so like I might as well embrace it, even if I'm not going to be like crazy off the charts. I love it because it's stupid as hell. It's a weird thing to be known for.
Speaker 4: But it's fun.
Speaker 1: I find interesting about someone recognizing you in public. About the monsterfucker is a think about how many times someone has gone up to you and gone, oh, are you Stevie the monsterfucker and then realizing it's not you. I never thought of that, and then they're like, am I who? And never mind when I listened Stevie the Monsterfucker. I wish you the best of luck in your continuing content career, and I hope one day it works out between you and Bill Cipher.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. God, Bless God.
Speaker 1: Bless you ever won from night.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 13: All from Lilah, Lilah.
Speaker 11: Yes, how are you?
Speaker 1: Lilah?
Speaker 3: I'm kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: Why are you nervous?
Speaker 7: Because I've really been thinking about shaving my head, but I'm scared of about.
Speaker 13: Other people would say to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, how old are you?
Speaker 14: I Am about to be nineteen.
Speaker 3: In like two days.
Speaker 1: You really want to shave your head, but you're afraid of what other people will think of you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, especially my parents. They're super judgies.
Speaker 1: Well, you're eighteen years old, right now?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 1: Do you still live with your parents? Or are you getting an apartment? Or are you on a.
Speaker 14: College I live in the same town.
Speaker 9: We're not with.
Speaker 1: Them, you know. Uh, this is actually a great opportunity because, you know, as you get older, you know, uh, I almost feel like shaving her head is a way to you know, sort of uh. You know, do a cannonball into the pool of no longer living uh, in accordance with your parents judgments of you, and with judgments of you by your friends and society at large, which is a you know, you get you. You take that cannonball, and my god, does the water feel nice once you get in there.
Speaker 14: The thing is, I can't swim.
Speaker 1: You can't swim. No, how do you know you can't swim? You ever been in the water before?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I almost drowned.
Speaker 1: You can't drown in this metaphorical.
Speaker 14: Pool because it's.
Speaker 1: A yes, I'm trying to think, like, in the terms of this metaphor, we're jumping into the pool of not caring what other people think of you. I mean, what does it mean to drown? What are you gonna do? Die because other people think that you're weird because you shaved your head. No, you're cloaked, Lila, Lilah, Lila, listen. I know you're young, but god damn, now's a perfect opportunity for you to free yourself of the judgments of other people, especially your parents.
Speaker 14: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I think you should do it.
Speaker 14: Well, okay, I feel so motivator right now, like I'm seeking.
Speaker 1: Good, good good. It's your life, it's your body, it's your hair, it's not your parents's, it's not anyone else's but yours, Lila.
Speaker 14: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: And it could always go back.
Speaker 1: It could always grow back. That's the perfect thing about.
Speaker 3: Hair, right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Of course, are you gonna do it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think I am going to do it.
Speaker 16: I don't think i'll reach it.
Speaker 1: On top of schieving it, go crazy, do what you want your life. You get one, then you die and then I don't know, maybe you get reincarnated as like a dog or something, but that's a maybe. That's not guaranteed.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 13: Oh, I don't wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 5: I'll be good.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Over you have won to us of the night.
Speaker 14: Uh huh you too?
Speaker 8: All from Noel? Holy shit, we're doing it yo?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, holy fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Noel. Hi, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 1: You're great? Why are you so? Why are you great?
Speaker 7: Because I just got home from work and I'm glad to be fucking home.
Speaker 1: What what's work like?
Speaker 6: Bullshit?
Speaker 16: I hate it?
Speaker 1: It's bullshit. Why is it bullshit? Dude?
Speaker 7: Because I work at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Restaurants are fantastic places. You know they got mozzerellistics. Your restaurant have mozzarella sticks. No, no, damn, I can see why I do a lot of working there. Then you should quit that job. Start working at a restaurant there has mozzirellistics. That way, you can get free Mozzarelli sticks, Naomi. Yeah, that's your name, right, Noel. That's basic. This is basically the same names. What what what's the what's the best dish that they serve at your restaurant? Mmmm?
Speaker 7: Probably the cold fall.
Speaker 1: I don't even eat coal slow.
Speaker 7: I don't either, but I've heard it's good.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing that you've eaten at the restaurant.
Speaker 11: I don't want to eat their food.
Speaker 1: What's the You sound like you really hate this place. What do you hate the most about it? Well?
Speaker 7: I like the place, don't get me wrong. It's one of the fucking my coworkers I don't like.
Speaker 1: Why don't you like them? Because she's just stuck up a little bitch?
Speaker 11: You said, yes, so.
Speaker 1: You work at a restaurant with a coworker who I'm going to quote you on this is a stuck up little bitch. Yes, sir, explain why you explain why you believe that this person is a stuck up little bitch.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, let me elaborate this for you.
Speaker 1: All right, sure, please?
Speaker 7: Of course I'm in the back, you know, I take care of all the dishes and ship. It's disgusting. She takes her sweet ass time, you know, all dainty. Putting the little dishes bag gives me side eye looking fucking looks, and I just want to like take the power hose and fucking sprayer and be like, can you move out of the way so I can get the dishes?
Speaker 1: Look here, Look, I'm not taking sides. I'm just you know, telling people. I'm just you know, mentioning what I observe. Nothing wrong with doing your dishes a little dainty, you know. I like to I like to look you while I'm doing my dishes too, you know. I like to do it a little dainty. Maybe you know, do a little spin, do a little dish spin when I'm doing I'm putting them away. Why you don't like the style in which she does the dishes, She like wipes.
Speaker 7: Her hand like all on her pants, and you know, like does like a little like Christy cat walk out into the front house. And it's just she takes too much time. I need to get the dishes over and get them done. You know, I'm trying to bust shit out and not take.
Speaker 1: My I can't rush style. Noel, Dude, she sounds like she's like she's trying to make she's trying. She sounds like he's trying to make it into an art of some kind.
Speaker 7: There's a time and place for everything, and that's not the time and place, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to actually be honest with you here and all seriousness. I don't understand why you're so bothered about this person. I mean, are they doing anything to you specifically?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: You know, Noel, you ever explore the concept of there's no word. I don't know if there's a word for this, but the idea that you know whether or not a person upsets you, the fact that you're upset, the fact that you're upset about this person who you described as a stuck up little bitch. I mean, I can tell that the anger that you have is a I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna use a metaphor here. It's the giant dark ball inside of your heart of this person. And look, even if you hate them, I think if you were to let it go and hate them a little less, it would only be in your benefits.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would like to get the number, but she won't talk to me. I don't know. I'm not the same person that's gonna go out of my way to talk to someone.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I like people talking to me. First. Then I'm actually a nice person. I know I probably come off as, you know, a bitch, but I'm actually a really sweet and caring person.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, look first, well, first of all, well, I mean there's a couple of things. First of all, you know, I think if you did try to get to know how be honest. Be honest with me? Noel, be honest? Are you? Will you be honest with me? If I asked you some yes, how many full conversations have you had with this person?
Speaker 17: One?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Describe how that went.
Speaker 7: She dropped some dishes and I accidentally picked it up and got food on her and I said, I'm really sorry, and she was just like it's okay. And that's how the conversation went.
Speaker 1: No, listen, Noel, dude, come on, Noel, Noel, you gotta you gotta get to know this person. Dude, you gotta get to know this person. And better than that. There, you can't you can't, I mean, you can't form such I mean, this isn't even just like she seems like a little weird, like I don't this is you called her a stuck up little, but I mean that's strong in no well, you know, at least at least get you know, go in there, get some intel. Go and Noel, if you would please just you know, try to have a conversation with this person. And if you're gonna do that, try to drop any preconceived notions or expectations. I feel like we've been talking, we were talking earlier about dropping expectations. But you gotta go into this reading positive intent. Like if you are gonna go and you're gonna try to have a conversation with this Grog're gonna try to get to know her, you can't go into it like I'm gonna specifically be looking to get mad at her. I'm actually if you go the opposite, like you gotta specifically look with the aim of trying to find something you actually like about her and something you guys might have in common maybe, you know, Because I mean, this is this rage, it feels like it's totally hurting you, Noel.
Speaker 7: No, I'm I have all of my other coworkers, you know, I'm friends with them. It's just she doesn't talk to me. I mean, I guess I could go out of my way to be like, you know, hey, I shouldn't even know my name. I don't even know her name. I just know where.
Speaker 1: Of course you don't. You've only talked once.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, I will turn a new leaf and I will be more positive tomorrow when I go into work.
Speaker 1: Good. And by the way, I want you to know something if even even if if you go up to let's what's this girl's name or a fake name, I'm gonna call her Kaitlin. If you go up to Kaitlin and you say, hey, you know, how's it going whatever, and she's like, you're a piece of shit, go fuck yourself and is mean to you, you still you still should not harbor such strong hatred of her because it's only it's only hurting you.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, at that point, that's the decision for me to make if words should affect to me.
Speaker 10: Because that's all up to me. If I want to let it upset me.
Speaker 14: That's my choice.
Speaker 7: But I could just brush it off and not give a fuck.
Speaker 1: I think that brushing it off and not giving a fuck is an excellent strategy.
Speaker 7: You a got some mind up here.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for calling them. Well you ever wonder for Rest of the night, and I wish you the best of luck you too, aw from shallon shallon, sallad shllon salad Salon? Can you can you spell that? Panatically?
Speaker 7: Hold on?
Speaker 10: I just turned off my streams. What'd you say?
Speaker 1: You said? Your name is Salin?
Speaker 10: Yes, with the F?
Speaker 1: Where is that F?
Speaker 14: Sallon F A.
Speaker 1: L l O n oh fat? Like Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like Jimmy Fallon. Okay, So your question is what happened? And yesterday I broke up with my boyfriend, So that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Why'd you break up with them?
Speaker 10: He cheated on me, He cheated.
Speaker 1: On you, that's a good reason to break over him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long were you guys together?
Speaker 3: A little over a year?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how are you feeling about it?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I'm doing pretty good. But my only problem is though, I don't know how to talk to people because I've been in a relationship so long, so I'm having trouble like getting out there.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, right, because you know, look, the longer you had stayed in that relationship, which was probably bad anyway because it ended with him cheating on you, the further your social skills would have deteriorated. So I actually feel like, you know, a year of you know, lacking the ability to talk to other people, that's getting off pretty good. You know, you could have been in deep, you know, ten years and got down and been like, oh, I don't know how to interact with another human being.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Exactly are you making any efforts? Are you on the the hinges, the bumbles, the tenders, the okay cupids, the jay dates?
Speaker 10: No, I didn't get on. I'm not gonna do any like dating websites. I just have been posting thirst traps.
Speaker 1: Basically posting thirst traps. What what is the goal of these thirst traps?
Speaker 10: Just for male validation?
Speaker 1: Why do you why do you feel as though you need male validation?
Speaker 10: I don't know, because I just got cheated on probably.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, look, I mean I feel like you have a double opportunity here. You have the opportunity to both you know, enhance your social skills and you know, kind of similar to a lot of a little bit similar to what I was talking about. Is your name Lila, No, your name is fan on a little bit similar to what us talk about Lillilah about you know, freeing herself from the chains of the you know, needing the validation of other people.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is an opportunity for you to, you know, maybe explore some time with yourself, you know, for yourself, from the chains of of needing validation from other people.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 16: M M.
Speaker 1: Do you have a dear friends? Yes, of course, you've been hanging out with your friends anymore. I feel like a lot of times when people they get into long relationships, they neglect their friendships. Sometimes it happens.
Speaker 10: You know, me and my friends, we all stayed pretty close, and I mean we're even closer now that we can all spend most of our time together because now it's summer too.
Speaker 1: Wait about how old are you?
Speaker 10: Nineteen?
Speaker 1: Oh? What the hell was I going to say? That's good? You know, it's good that you spend a time with your friends. You know. I know that when you're young, you want validation from everyone all the time. I get it, I understand, But you know, listen, fallon, you don't need it, you know. I mean, you want to post those straps just because you know it's your body, your social media, you're you can do whatever you want, go ahead, but you know, you know, don't feel like you need validation from anyone to do anything.
Speaker 10: Yeah, true, Yeah, but that made me feel good.
Speaker 11: You know, I feel good about good good.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good reason to do it. Yeah, hmm, you should.
Speaker 10: Well what's been happening with you?
Speaker 1: Maybe, like, are there any skills you've always wanted to learn? Bowling?
Speaker 10: Uh? Fun fact, Actually I bowled for four years in high school.
Speaker 1: Really, I just made up bowling. Bowling was I tried to think of an activity and it was the first one that popped into my head.
Speaker 10: Well it must have popped up for a reason, because I played that for four years. I was pretty good too.
Speaker 1: You are you still good?
Speaker 10: I haven't bowled in a long time since I graduated in high school, but I think I would still be good.
Speaker 1: I still have Maybe that's your thing. Maybe that's your thing, dude. Maybe you joined a bowling league. You know, this propels you to like rediscover your long lost love of bowling, and then you become a champion. You get the seven ten splits, speak you bowl of three hundred. I like this path for you. I mean, look, you shouldn't do it just because I'm telling you to do it, But I'm just throwing ideas out here.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna do it just because you said it too.
Speaker 1: I take no responsibility for anything that happens to you. You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 17: Leila.
Speaker 1: No, your name is not Leilah. Leila was the name of the last call. Your name is Fallon. You have a good rest of the night, Foulon. Thank you so much for crawling.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: All from Parker.
Speaker 1: Parker Millson Patty Mister, how old are you? Parker?
Speaker 4: How old? Or how am I?
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 4: I am twenty three?
Speaker 1: Twenty three? Do you like me in twenty three?
Speaker 4: You know it's a Lebron and Jeordane's numbers, say, I guess they can't be too bay.
Speaker 1: Are you a big sports guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd say so.
Speaker 1: You ever thought about inventing your own sports? Parker Ball?
Speaker 4: Actually, actually a friend of mine has a sport he invented, but I take part in inventment. It's called pat.
Speaker 1: Ball, Patchball. Patball is your friend's name, Pat.
Speaker 4: His name is Pat.
Speaker 1: How do you play Patball?
Speaker 4: It's kind of like, uh, what say, like water polo? Almost like quidditch in the water.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like water polo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of kind of water polo is, but just in an above ground pool.
Speaker 1: What if you have to say, even if it's only one thing, what is the key difference between pat boll, pat ball and water polo?
Speaker 4: Probably that his little brother gets the ball for us when it goes out of the pool.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm so specifically, so, the only way to play pat ball is for past little brother to be involved. You cannot play pat ball without pass little brother.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, you you can't play pat ball without Pats little brother. What we usually do is like when you throw the ball and you try to get a past the other person, you know, it goes out. So we tell him, We're like, hey, we'll time you and see how long it takes for you to go get the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's what's pasts little Brother's best time?
Speaker 4: We never really time him, but we give him a fake time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Mm hm?
Speaker 1: Do you guys give him a Do you at least give him a generous fake time, a time that makes him feel accomplished?
Speaker 4: Hell no, hell no.
Speaker 1: Every time he comes back is it always is too slow. It's it's been like forty five minutes that way.
Speaker 4: The next time he tries to get faster.
Speaker 1: You know, and that's very smart. Actually, yeah, yeah, mm hmm. Is this something you can see there being a league for?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sure Pat, Pat would like for there to be those leagues because you know, then we could then we could claim claim, you know, money or some some shift. I'm not really sure hell get money from creating leagues guys, but I would love for that to happen.
Speaker 1: He just asked pasts little brother for money, but actually he probably doesn't have any money. Hold his Pats little Bard like thirteen.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, he was at the beginning. Wow, that is a really close guest man, that's really I'm pretty sure he was like thirteen when we started with fat Ball.
Speaker 1: Interesting, thirteen is like I feel like thirteen. Maybe I'm Pat. What's your name, Parker, Parker? I love to know your opinion. Was I think thirteen is a little old to be tricked so easily. I was imagining him like eleven or something. Actually, no, No, tricking a thirteen year old shouldn't be that hard.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not really that hard. No, I don't think so. But now now he's like sixteen, you know, say.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, is he as trickable as he was then is he.
Speaker 4: Still absolutely not. But we've moved on to the younger siblings. So there was a younger one and now we get her to do it most of the time, but she's not as reliable as he was.
Speaker 12: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Pat Baal just hasn't been the same since pat little brother. Pat's little brother grew up and stopped it and you know, gained a sense of awareness and time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not absolutely.
Speaker 1: Ever, since Pat's little brother learned how long a minute was exactly has been a terrible experience.
Speaker 4: Pat Ball has went downhill drastically since the loss of pat Ball retriever or Carter.
Speaker 1: Well, what the hell are you gonna do now, Parker?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I don't know. We're trying to figure out the system. Maybe a dog or like arm that will like stretch out of the pool and grab it for us. I ain't really I ain't really too sure.
Speaker 1: Try the dog, Try the dog. Let me know how the dog goes. I like the idea of the dog.
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely, I definitely will. You know, it's more of his sports, so I expect him to come up with the come, you know, bring the dog and the retrieving dog to the table.
Speaker 12: Yeah you all right?
Speaker 1: Parker? Doing okay?
Speaker 4: I'll say him all right, I ain't doing too bad.
Speaker 1: That's good much, Parker.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank you, thank you for thank you for letting me get through man, great time.
Speaker 1: It's been an honor. Yeah, you have a good name.
Speaker 4: You see man? Thank you.
Speaker 3: All from I'm not me?
Speaker 16: Not me?
Speaker 11: Is that you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm Lemma. Can you turn your stream?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? Thank you for giving me like twenty dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that how it like?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 2: Quits?
Speaker 13: I don't know how this works.
Speaker 1: Oh do you do you want it back?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I wanted to be on your Gecko dating show and just never worked out.
Speaker 1: I guess did you did you apply?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 13: We even talked about it in your DMS before the night before it.
Speaker 4: Happened, did we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's your name? What's what was your name? Not me?
Speaker 13: Samuel?
Speaker 1: What's up, Taylor, Samuel? We talked about it in my DMS? What did you say? Oh?
Speaker 13: I think I had responded to a background choice you were trying to choose what to stream too?
Speaker 1: And then you said, you said gek date or something.
Speaker 13: I don't remember what my what my idea was. I've deactivated and reactivated my Instagram so many times. I'm not even sure our messages are still there.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if they're because I look. I look at all the I look at all the people.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, no, you responded, we talked. You said something kind.
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 13: I don't know it was kind, though. My impression is good, or I wouldn't have given you.
Speaker 3: Any money tonight the rock and roll.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. All right, we'll get you on the next one. Apply to the next one.
Speaker 13: All right, I'll try. What is the next one?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: So you think it's probably either the last week of May or the second to last week of May, one of those two.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it just depends on work. I'm working like a dog now that entertainment is back.
Speaker 1: We'll figure it out. By the way, we had another person we had another person earlier say that she was sick as a dog. Person another person's sick as a dog, which I didn't like because it generalizes all dogs are sick, which is not true. You said work like a dog. I don't like that either. I have a dog.
Speaker 7: All day.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do anything, doesn't pay rent, there's no job. I hope you're not working like that dog. I hope you're working like a huge, like a human.
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess it's just I'm trying to I'm trying to adjust back to not COVID life. You know, I was working like a dog. I guess if we're just you know, generalizing dogs is lazy.
Speaker 1: What is not working? Okay? I guess that makes sense. What does what does your COVID not COVID life look like.
Speaker 13: My not COVID life. I work in entertainment. I'm a live audio technician, so it's pretty you know, I kind of make my living on events. Man, it's been really rough without technician.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you audio tech?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 13: Live mixing? So like bands and stuff. I mike up all the instruments on stage and kind of balance the sounds out so that everyone gets.
Speaker 7: To enjoy shows.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Do you run your own business doing that? Do you work for a company?
Speaker 13: I work for a company. I'm working at a casino on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel like we've gotten a lot of casino callers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I heard that dude with the security poop. That's pretty dope surveillance.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, how do you know? Hey, maybe he who knows, maybe he works at your casino. Maybe you got to maybe you got a secret deck guy thing going on.
Speaker 13: You see. There you go, there's good. This is like b sides of.
Speaker 6: Geck gay man.
Speaker 1: If I could get hitted now, if okay, if I could get the casino guy to apply for gat THEAD and you apply for Get Dead, I'll hook you guys up.
Speaker 13: That's That's what I'm talking about. I like, how though this is good thinking, this is a good thing. I need to think outside the box. And I'm going through kind of like this weird, traubatic, unexplainable heartbreak experience, and that's kind of why I wanted to, like talk. I was like, my therapist isn't really helping, so maybe to get go, Well.
Speaker 1: Why is it your therapist helping?
Speaker 13: What's don't it's what's the matter. So there's this guy that I've really liked for quite some time, and only because I found his Spotify and started like creeping his playlist and was like, I don't know, I guess I fell in love with his taste in music. You know, it's like a millennial tragedy because it's one sided. Right. So I bought him one hundred dollars bouquet of flowers on Valentine's Day and sent it to him like anonymously, and he immediately texted me he must have obviously known I'm the only Bush that would do something like that. And he still hasn't asked me out, still hasn't like tried to hang It's just like it's kind of just left as is.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can't you can't look if you're going to give something like that. I mean, you can't do it.
Speaker 13: Conditionally, know exactly. And I've had I've let that go, Let it go, you know, which is I feel like he doesn't understand why I.
Speaker 7: Would do something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is this like a musician that you liked his music or is just a regular guy not the regular playlist, just a regular just like, how did you here's hold on? Actually we skipped a step that I actually is very important. How did you find his dress to send him flowers?
Speaker 13: So this is a small town and he's actually sent me the dress before we hung out like one.
Speaker 1: So he's not so he's not a mystery He's not a mystery guy.
Speaker 13: You know, he exists, He exists in my life. I sent it to his job, though, so he owns this like ice cream parlor near me?
Speaker 1: And give the timeline. I'm getting the time. Mine all totally confused because you're telling me that you have no idea who this guy was. It was one side and he didn't know who you were.
Speaker 19: You found playlists, say it was one sided in a way that like, he only you know.
Speaker 13: I'm interested in him because of his music caste, but I don't know if he has anything to be interested in me for I just.
Speaker 1: Think you guys know each other.
Speaker 14: Yea.
Speaker 1: And you sent him a hundred dollar a bouquet of flowers.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First of all, men don't really care about flowers that much. I don't think right, I have it wrong.
Speaker 13: I'm the gesture. I would be flattered as if I had a I.
Speaker 1: Look, it was a very sweet gesture.
Speaker 13: Does that get acknowledged by men?
Speaker 1: If someone sent me a one hundred dollars bouquet of flowers, I'm not gonna lie. Those flowers would be dead in two days, like probably less than that. Because I don't I'm not good at taking care of living things like I'm barely taking care of myself. Wheat thins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today, I would send, but yeah, I would send a thank.
Speaker 13: You, Okay, But you wouldn't necessarily want to like see that person to like here.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think it would be inherent I don't think it would inherently right. Would I want to see them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like what? I want to know who they are, but I want to go on a date with them if they sent me away on a personal level, I don't know. I think that's a lot upfront. Oh, you had his number, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know I.
Speaker 13: Could response to this from time to time and stuff and.
Speaker 11: Working together.
Speaker 13: Kind of I get his attention once.
Speaker 7: In a while.
Speaker 1: I'm so, I'm highly confused about your relationship with this guy, because one day I thought you didn't know each other, you know his stuff. But you know, you said you've hanged You said you've hung out once.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we used to work together and we hung out one time, and it was just like, you know, he's always been so complimenting to me through messages and like kind and so I've seen him, like we've taken small like strolls together, like brief strolls because we live in the same area.
Speaker 10: Right, So I just like I got it.
Speaker 13: I developed a little crush because I looked him up on Spotify and essentially just like kind of gush my heart out. And now I'm just existing.
Speaker 1: Did you look him up on Spotify before or after you like hung out with him in person after? Okay, I think I think I'm starting to make sense of this situation. I think here's what I think you should do. Why don't you just ask him if he wants to hang out with you.
Speaker 13: I've tried, and I even and then it's just like he's all was busy. There's always a reason.
Speaker 10: So I stopped trying and instead.
Speaker 13: I wrote a song for him. I wrote a song and sent it to him.
Speaker 1: Like I'm gonna listen, not me. I'm gonna be honest with you. I think if if, if you're and and I would say, this's just anyone, regardless of any dynamic and or anything at all. If you are interested in someone and you're kind of getting the idea they're not interested in you back, and you just move on to someone else.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: You know this is a concept that's called fuck yes or no. Like, I really do believe that you can kind of tell when people are into you or not, and if they're not, then you just move on. You know, there's eight trillion people and planet Earth probably, and uh, you know there's other there's still a little bit little bit of other people, you know, and you don't have to go you don't have to you know, open up with grand gestures or anything. You can just ask people if they want to hang out with you, and if they don't, you move on. There's other people that might be a be even more compatible.
Speaker 13: With that's true, So don't tell him he was my music for a song and then send it to him and hope that he responds to it.
Speaker 6: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think you'd be better off finding finding someone who you think would be more receptive to that.
Speaker 13: Oh see, but maybe it's the resistance I enjoy. I know I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe that's something. Maybe maybe that's something you can talk to your therapist.
Speaker 10: About that that's what you were for.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just a gecko, all right.
Speaker 13: Well I tried, you know, I tried to rebound. I tried to do the gecko date thing, and now what get you.
Speaker 1: On the next one, dude, We'll get you on the next one. Taylor, thank you so much for coming and man, you have a wonderful.
Speaker 7: Rest of the night time, my dear thanks.
Speaker 1: Aw from Boba Fett, Boba fat Gecko. What's up?
Speaker 6: How are you now? U?
Speaker 1: How am I now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In comparison to win.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know other times have you spoken before, Baba Fett? Uh No, No, not that I know of. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a weird answer to that question.
Speaker 6: I mean, you didn't know.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Oh you know?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay, not great, I'm not bad.
Speaker 1: You don't sound okay. You sound like you sound like you're like trying to kill a fly in your apartment right now.
Speaker 6: Well, i'd say I'm trying to kill a fly in life, not any apartment. I'm not really in life. Yeah, you know, there's there's always a fly around. There's always something then that's getting in the way. It's always bugging bugging you out, you know. And I'm just trying to get those flies out of here and get my life a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Talking about these flies that you're sweating currently.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, you know, I guess I'm trying to just stabilize. It's been things have been tossing and turning, and right now I'm trying to, you know, trying to get into a steady situation, trying to kind of buy a house at some point.
Speaker 1: Trying to talk about tossed.
Speaker 6: The last thing that tossed. I guess I recently went through a breakup. It was not a bad breakup. It was very breakup. Yeah, yeah, I guess the team. But yeah, it was a pretty like, you know, amicable one. It was just kind of like one of those Hey, I think it's time to time to be done. And uh, you know, I just moved into a new place. She just moved out of the state, and uh, yeah, I don't know. So I'm like sitting by myself in a little cabin in the woods, and you know, it's not so bad. It's really not bad.
Speaker 1: You're in a cabin in the woods right now. Yeah, ye, where in the woods? How do you is it? I guess it's not far enough from move that you don't have internet connection.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not it's not great internet connection, but it works.
Speaker 1: Is it in the middle of nowhere? Is an isolated cabin?
Speaker 6: No, Like I'm on a road, you know, I'm in a we're I'm in a small town. I think there's maybe like a thousand people in this town. You know, it's not I'm not like. No, No, I moved here. This is where I live. I mean, I wish I wish vacation, vacation.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that, you wish lived was a vacation.
Speaker 6: No, I wish. I wish I felt a bit more like vacation.
Speaker 16: I have.
Speaker 6: I've been working. I've been actually been an instacart shopper lately. That's been my thing since I moved moved back to my home state a few months ago.
Speaker 17: I'll tell you what's that.
Speaker 1: Has that been lucrative?
Speaker 18: You know it?
Speaker 6: Actually it has. So when I first I first moved back to my home state, and I lived in this other town where I lived with my girlfriend, and in that area, it was really good. I was making like thirty five bucks an hour. But now I live out in a little cabin in the woods, and there's not really as many people that need their groceries delivered this way.
Speaker 17: So right.
Speaker 1: It makes sense that you would get a little bit less work where there's a lot less people if you're living in a town of a thousand, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: So, you know, trying to find different things to make the money. I've been I've been foraging and trying to sell my wares.
Speaker 1: Foraging. What's the last thing you forged?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 6: Not forged? Foraged, like I pick things out of the ground. I don't know if that's what you heard or said, but I foraged.
Speaker 1: I think the word I said was pretty similar to what the word that is the real word.
Speaker 6: Okay, but yeah, no, I forged some ramps. Uh they're like wild weeks, that's what That's what I've been picking today. And uh some fiddleheads, you know, and uh yeah, trying to sell those restaurants and people and you know, just make an extra buck here and there.
Speaker 1: So why would you why why not just cut out the middleman here? I mean, what do you what do you know, need money for to purchase various wares and food and stuff. Why don't you just Yeah, we're so close to just getting rid of the middleman of the economy and just forging your own wares and growing your own food.
Speaker 6: That's what I want to do. I don't know if my my current landlords will accept you know, ramps and subtle heads in exchange for rent at the moment, so I haven't asked. So it's maybe I.
Speaker 1: Could build a cabin out of fiddles. The cabin.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not a bad idea, it's not. Well, yeah, I'll give that some some good thought.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 6: I do want to build my own cabin. That's that's kind of the end goal here. You know, maybe I'll use a couple of sticks and twigs as well.
Speaker 1: I think you're on the right path.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I thinks you know, you really really helped me figure my stuff out.
Speaker 1: I'm glad so I got I.
Speaker 6: Got one question for you though, what what happened?
Speaker 1: What did you say? Name was? Uh?
Speaker 4: Baba?
Speaker 1: You have a g rest of the night, baba, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, I have one question for you.
Speaker 17: What happened?
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, this is Lyle creeping in here to let you know that if you enjoy the podcast that you're currently listening to, and you would like to make it easier for me to do this podcast, for me to do more projects like it, for me to bring as much Gecko content into this world as possible. You can head it over to Patreon dot com slash lyle forever and for a gracious donation of five dollars a month, you can support the production and maintenance of this podcast and of me being able to live in a place and do things. You also get to be a part of the gek Legends discord, you get access to exclusive streams, and much much more.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Once again, folks, the Patreon helps me out a ton with living and doing things, So if you want to support, that's where you can do it. If not, that's fine as well. I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time out of their life to put my voice into their ears. And by the way, before I get back into the calls, quick reminder about gack across America. Okay, it's gonna be a whole hell of a lot of fun. I'm very nervous about it. I have no idea what's going to come my way, and if you would like to be a part of it, please go visit www dot gek across America dot com to apply today. All right, enough of me, enough of this, let's get back into the calls.
Speaker 18: All from Jason Todd.
Speaker 11: I'm Scoola Stevens of the name as well an Jason Todd.
Speaker 17: As well.
Speaker 1: Ah, oh my god, is this Luke?
Speaker 18: This is not Luke.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I thought. I thought it wasn't Luke. It's Jason Todd. I was asking if it was Luke because I wanted you to say no, because I didn't think it was Luke. And so if you said Luke, I would be like, all right, my suspicions are correct. This is not Luke. This is Jason. This is Jason.
Speaker 18: Yeah. You you were right whole time. Man. I mean, I'm not going to question your your Jedi powers.
Speaker 1: I don't have Jedi powers. I have Gecko powers, which and that's way look worse jedis they have mind control, they have the big laser swords. But you know what geckos can do what nothing. That's why they're not very popular to keep his pets. They're very boring. They just want to write. They slither around. They don't do a lot.
Speaker 17: That's true.
Speaker 1: Oh do you have what kind of what powers? Do you have?
Speaker 18: My powers?
Speaker 1: And powers?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 18: I can I can die over and over again, but I will always come back, really really I'm basically immortal. I died when I keep coming back.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. When was the last time he died on the inside?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 18: This year?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 18: My girl left, we split, I had to move into a single apartment. I had to like work, like a really horrible job, and I got diagnosed with bb D. And there's a lot of bad stuff. It seems to have happened recently past couple of one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Around your your your judging along anyway, I'm.
Speaker 18: I'm going anyway. I was pretty down, but like you know, some I'm back up.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear back up going forward.
Speaker 18: I have some advice or I need some advice from you.
Speaker 1: I will do the best I can. I don't know if you've been watching the stream. I've given some advice about things that I don't know what I'm talking about. And you know, I'm not opposed to doing that, but I am opposed to doing that without exclaiming without Uh it's not exclaim is it exclaim disclaiming that first?
Speaker 18: Yeah, Now, I know you're not a real therapist and you're just you know, the get go that lives underwater right now.
Speaker 1: The world, I'm just visiting I'm sorry. Would would let's start over? Uh? Yeah, what's up? Men? Would you want to talk about?
Speaker 18: Okay? So me and my ex were like friends for a while, like friends with benefits, you know what I mean. Sure, And that was after we yeah, after we broke up, and she was still like we moved into two separate apartments that are at the same apartment complex as the one like the two veteran we used to have.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So and she looks like across the parking lot. Yeah, and we were still having sex and it was, you know, it was really awesome sex. I don't know what kind of sex Gettos have. I gotta imagine that's pretty good too, but like, this is really good human sex.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 18: And anyway, and now when I met her, she was by, and she was by for like a long time. And then she tell me towards the end of our relationship, she's like, I think you're gonna be the last dude I'm going to like date. And I said, okay, And then she would jump me, and then she would run over to my new apartment and like jump me again and again, and and then like the last time we started to something started to happen. She got very uncomfortable and like we obviously you know, stopped and anyway, she made it clear like from that point you know that we're not going to be doing that anymore. And like I said, fine, going to be you know, your friend and all that, and and I am always still can't hang out and like benship and stuff, and uh I got as share the chat that this is a real story. If I was making up the story, much cooler.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the chatacheck, the only check going on was with you and me and my friend.
Speaker 18: Okay, anyway, and uh so we start kind of dating around seeing other people, you know, going through the moving on phase or whatever. And she we're talking about these people we're talking to, and she showed me a picture of this person and this person was like really shitty to me at the h that horrible place I worked at for like a couple of months.
Speaker 1: She started seeing all right, so you guys, just sounds like our remaining friends if you're showing each other who you're dating now. And so she started dating someone that you knew already, h.
Speaker 18: Yes, yeah, and this person was like like treated me like shit, and it was that was was one of the employees I had with this very toxic like fast food place, like local fast food place was working at for a while to like make against me and uh anyway, and I told her, I was like, oh, that person's horrible. They you know. I told all the mess up stuff this person did and how they would make fun of the mentally challenged person that worked there, and how they would like call me names and like treat me like shit, and that they slept with one of the cooks that used to work there, like they slept with his uh his his life, she slept with his wife. I told her all this horrible stuff. And then she was like, oh, well I would never like I would never be with somebody like that. I wouldn't do that to you. And then she'd be like, oh, I'm just talking to them, never actually going to meet them. I'm just toying with them. And then it came out the other Yeah, yeah, it's pretty weird and uh and then like we went to like uh like ike a while back and I noticed, like she's still texting this person. Was like, what are you are you are you still wrong with that plan or whatever?
Speaker 1: So here's here's is the advice sort of like you know what you do about your friend wanting to see this person. That is shitty because to me, it's like, you know, you did your part right, like you warned this person's your friends, you care about them, they're they're your friends. You know you did your part to warn them about this person that they're seeing. This is shitty. But after that, I mean, there's nothing you can do. You know, they're right, you know.
Speaker 18: And anyway, we get to the point of like her like gaslighting me and somehow making me feel bad about this ship, and she just eventually kind of cops to her true feelings, which are and I quote, I don't care about your feelings. I'm just gonna go ahead and do this anyway. And I was like, oh, okay, okay, whatever. And then she comes to my place whether you need to borrow something or whatever, and she's like, oh, we're not going to be friends. It's been talking in a while. And I was like, no, you fucked that up, Like we're not gonna there's no way for us to be friends anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 18: To me, that's a trail. So like, I guess what I'm asking is can I be friends with this person or not?
Speaker 1: No, you shouldn't be well, it's not about ken you, it's about you know, look, what's what's the best for your own life? And it sounds like this person straight up told you that she doesn't care about your feelings. So she doesn't care about your feelings, then you know, why should you be friends with her? Granted, I don't think it's any of your business. You know who she is seeing. You know, if you're seeing someone that's horrible, and because you care about her, you don't want her to see a whole person. You warn't her the person as horrible. I think that was you know, good on you as a friend. But you know you've given her that information. She can do whatever she wants with that information. But yeah, I don't. I mean, it doesn't seem to me, especially if you're like, you know, coming here and complaining about it and wondering even why you know, even if you should be in this friendship, then I don't know, that kind of sickles to me that you shouldn't because it's it's a sort of a place of stress for you. So yeah, no, I would definitely support you getting out of this friendship where a person tells you straight up that they don't care about your feelings.
Speaker 18: Okay, yeah, no, you're right. It's been a couple of weeks and like she sent me like tiktoks and shit and like snapchat like here and there, and I've been kind of ignoring them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you got feeling it, then you know you got to listen. It tends like if this person's trying to contact you and you've been ignoring it, sounds like you're not It sounds like you're not feeling it. So getting red on to your friends with this person.
Speaker 18: I mean, it's just it's been a lot. It seems like, I don't know, it seems like she would play head games with me, and I don't know, I'm just tired of it.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you should be in any sort of relationship, platonic or not, with anyone who's playing any kind of head games with you. You know, you shouldn't make time for that.
Speaker 18: So I'm on the right hand.
Speaker 1: You can play more level head of games with exactly. Yeah, I think you're on that path.
Speaker 18: All right, cool, cool, all right, man, that's all I needed to hear it, just needed to hear it from my spirit, which is.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, for sure look always you the best to look man.
Speaker 18: All right, thank you? I love you and I agree?
Speaker 3: Who all from Tiff?
Speaker 4: Tif?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hy, hello Tiff?
Speaker 19: How are you.
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: If we spoken before, Tiff?
Speaker 19: We have not. But I actually drew a picture of you last week.
Speaker 1: You drew a picture of me last week.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 19: You were sitting in the grocery cart.
Speaker 1: Uh wait was it the Oh it's the Is it the little cartoon, the one that looks like Calvin Hobbsey, Yeah, the discord?
Speaker 3: Yeah that was me.
Speaker 1: How you doing that? I think that looks awesome. I'm trying to I'm gonna post it on my next little fan art Instagram thing. I think it was sick. Thank you so much for drawing that.
Speaker 19: You're very welcome.
Speaker 1: Are you an artist by trade?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 19: No, just by hobby, because I feel like if you do art for money, it's a really easy way to kill your passion.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. But I mean, you know, I don't know. That's an interesting thing. I've heard people say that all the time. You know, I'm always talking all this kind of shit about you know, Hey, if you hate your job, you can just monetize whatever you like to do by going on TikTok, and then you know, other people are like, you know, well no, because then if you do it for a living, you'll start to hate it. And I'm like, I don't know. My retort to that is like, well, you're already do something that you for a living that you don't like, so you know, I don't know.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I guess this is my way to blow off steam.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 19: If I got caught up in the rat race trying to create art for money all the time, I think I'll just start to despise it. So yeah, I kind of keep that little slice of nirvana for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I like the idea, though, of being able to do something for a living that is yours as opposed for sure, you know, something that owns someone else owns for sure.
Speaker 19: For sure. I think we are here for a very short amount of time, and we should be the masters of our own destiny. So you know, do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: They're the master of your own destiny.
Speaker 19: Sometimes it depends on the day.
Speaker 1: Dude, were you a master of your own destiny today?
Speaker 18: I hope?
Speaker 19: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, I think I was. I tackled Monday with a pretty positive attitude.
Speaker 11: Nice I made it.
Speaker 8: Through the day.
Speaker 1: In what ways do you try being in what ways do you put effort towards being the master of your own destiny.
Speaker 19: I try to keep a positive attitude about the people that I encounter. I work in customer service, so I talk to a lot of people all day every day, and you know, I feel like with the way twenty twenty went, a lot of people are losing their minds right now. A lot of people are very short patients. And how I approach them, you know, kind of I choose how I react to those.
Speaker 11: Kind of people.
Speaker 8: I guess, yeah, I try to blow it off.
Speaker 1: It's a great example of being the master of the own destiny. You are true, You're not letting other people decide how you feel. You're deciding, I enjue. I don't like being upset and angry all the time. I like being positive, and I'm not going to let other people decide to make me feel in a way in which I did not feel. I like that's a perfect example of being a master of your own domain.
Speaker 19: Exactly exactly, m.
Speaker 1: Uh where what kind of customers?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: What kind of customers do you serve?
Speaker 19: This? So I run an office for a lawn care company, and right now everybody is kind of just wanting to control their laws and just trying to make things look nice. And you know, it's been a struggle for us because we're we're having trouble finding people to go out and do things. We're having trouble hiring, so we're a little behind, and people are.
Speaker 3: Quite upset about that.
Speaker 19: But I just tried to stay positive, stay nice, you know, try to assure them that I'm going to do what I can to help them. And yeah, some people are really understanding. Some people are not.
Speaker 1: Have you encountered any that Actually, that's interue that That brings me to the question I was going to ask you. Have you encountered any situations, perhaps recently, in which staying positive was very difficult?
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 19: Actually, we had a new customer call us and she was really rattling my employees. You know, she's calling with really crazy demands, very abusive language. So I have the chance to talk to her the other day, and she was very demanding. She used some scary language that I'm not going to repeat here because we don't need to put that out there. She was just generally not a pleasant person. So I looked her up after I got off the phone with her, I'm like, man, because she kept referring to herself as doctor. Some people like to do that because you know, they went to medical school or they got their doctorate, so they want to use doctor, they want to be referred to as doctor. So I looked her up and she's actually a domestic abuse She has her doctorate and domestic abuse. It was just really wild to me that she would behave this way person that she doesn't even know, and that's her profession. I guess, I don't know it really it really rocked me. So, yeah, that that's something I'm going to think about for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Maybe, dude, maybe it's just that, like you know, she's dealing with the heaviest stuff all day.
Speaker 11: She might you know, she takes.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's something where like she just she takes in all this this tough stuff. I just she comes upon you and it's like I got take all this, you know, I.
Speaker 19: Guess, yeah, exactly exactly. And that that I think that is part of customer service. And I know there's probably a lot of people that can relate to this, is that you know, you can never take it personally. Everybody's fighting their own battles, and if they want to be an asshole to you on the phone, then they're going to be an asshole to you on the phone or in person, which is even worse. I feel like people are more brave when they can't see your face. But yeah, she she may have some demons that she's dealing with.
Speaker 18: I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 19: We'll see if she calls us back and has any more colorful commentary for me or my staff. But you know, we're going to try to make her happy.
Speaker 8: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: Mm hm hm hmm.
Speaker 16: Shit.
Speaker 1: Was I gonna say, uh, have you ever worked in customer service? I haven't, but I take a lot of phone calls.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what was I gonna say? Oh? Yeah, the the whole don't take a personally thing. I agree. I agree with that. I was talking to someone like months ago who worked out of call center and he got abused all the time, just people cussing him out on the phone, and it's like, you know, at the very least, it's like at least they're not they're not upset at you. They're not. No one's angry at you, specifically.
Speaker 8: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, tell me all this negative energy that you take in, do you do you let it out anywhere?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, you seem like a good person. You seem like you maybe let it out in uh less destructive ways. But do you do you have a way of blowing off steam? Is that maybe where the art comes?
Speaker 19: I go outside and I touch grass sometimes this is no. I mean it just I have a I have a support group. I have friends who I love deeply and dearly. We play video games together. I know it's been really hard because I haven't been able to go out and see anybody. But we play a lot of video games. I have my art. I get to watch, you know, streams on Twitch. I just you need to give yourself that time at the end of the day to unwind, because if you just sit there and steal on it constantly, that just raises your stress levels through the roof.
Speaker 4: It's not good for you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. What did you say? Your name was?
Speaker 7: My name's Tiff.
Speaker 1: I thank you so much for thank you so much for sharing Tiff. Tiff. Did you did you post your Instagram in the in the discord? Because I want to tag you when I reposted that I repost that thing.
Speaker 19: I did, I did, I responded to you so yeah.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Thank you so much, Tiff, you ever want to for rest the night?
Speaker 19: Thank you too.
Speaker 18: Have a good one, Tiff.
Speaker 4: All from Tony Stark.
Speaker 1: Accept Tony Stark?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 17: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 11: So I got a you know, it's just a simple question.
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait, Tony Stark. Listen. Look, look, Tony Stark. We I don't even know don't know anything about you. We haven't even exchanged any amount of pleasantries before. You're gonna much right into a story. We could we could? I think I I I think we could you know, spend a little bit of time in interacting with each other?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 17: I live in New York. Uh yeah, my birth was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: How old did you turn?
Speaker 17: Twenty four?
Speaker 1: How much money do you currently have in your name?
Speaker 11: Jesus, what kind of questions that?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 1: This is a question. How much money is in your bank account right now?
Speaker 11: How much cunny is in my bank account? My bankuet a bank with a city bank.
Speaker 1: But do you do you like? What would you how would you rate them out out of five?
Speaker 17: Trash why.
Speaker 11: Because they don't know what they're doing. I was gonna, you know, gonda get to the story.
Speaker 1: Why why do you want Tony? Why do you want to what's so what you don't even want to get? I mean, I mean, I feel like I have established any amount of relationship with each other.
Speaker 11: Because I need I need to know I'm crazy or if it's or if it's just like or if if if you know, the situation is crazy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, tell me, tell me what's going on, Tony?
Speaker 17: All right.
Speaker 11: So, like I said a couple of weeks ago, it was my birthday, right, four twenty is my birthday?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 11: You know you know, all right, you know I'm at my friend's house. You know, this girl invites me over at like ten o'clock at night to come smoke or whatever.
Speaker 17: You know, it's four twenty. She's like, all right, come smoke.
Speaker 11: At your birthday whatever.
Speaker 17: I'm like, all right, whatever, ten o'clock, you know whatever, I'll just go over there. Whatever.
Speaker 11: So I go over there, whatever we smoke or whatever, we chill, whatever we like.
Speaker 17: It's like it's like an apartment complex type thing, you know, they have like a little rec room. You know, we're chilling out.
Speaker 11: And like the outside portion smoking whatever, we go into the inside portion, you know, they're chilling like the little rec room, you know. You know, I like you tend to talk at night, you know, I'm just invite me.
Speaker 17: Over your almost and what's up. And then I'm.
Speaker 11: Like, yo, so let's go watch like I was shower or.
Speaker 17: Something, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: And she's like, she's like, nah, like my roommates don't allow guys. And and I'm like, all right, okay whatever, you know, all right, I got the death is whatever, whatever, it's whatever, I'll take the l And then I'm like, all right, whatever.
Speaker 17: So I'm gonna head home. It's late.
Speaker 11: I got school tomorrow. She's like, all right, we should like hang out some other times, you know, playing something.
Speaker 17: I'm like, all right.
Speaker 11: So I get to the bottom floor of her apartment. I check my phone, and my phone's on like ten percent batteries.
Speaker 17: I check the train times. The next train is.
Speaker 11: At eleven or nine.
Speaker 17: It's eleven o'clock.
Speaker 11: I'm not making that train the next The next thing is the next trains at twelve nineteen. As ten percent battery, the tickets.
Speaker 17: On my phone. So you know, I'm not gonna make it. You know what I'm saying, I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 17: So I'm still in her apartment.
Speaker 11: Building and I call her and I'm like, hey, can I use your charger? Like my phone's on ten percent? I explained the whole situation. I'm like, my phone's on ten percent? Can I just charge it for like ten minutes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: It's like yeah, yeah, come on up, come on up, you.
Speaker 17: Piece my charge.
Speaker 11: So I go back up to the top floor. I reach there for like ten minutes, nothing like all right. Maybe she's like I don't know, maybe she's from nothing the.
Speaker 17: Roommates and he's just gonna let me in or whatever. You no, maybe it's a good night with him.
Speaker 11: And then twenty minutes go by, still I give her a phone call.
Speaker 17: No answer.
Speaker 11: I'm like, all right, okay, that's a little hot.
Speaker 17: Thirty minutes go by, still nothing, okay, nothing, okay. Fifteen minutes go by.
Speaker 11: I'm like, all right, I should probably just figured this ship out and dip. And from that point, and from that point, I've never heard from that girl ever in my entire life ever again.
Speaker 1: But she maybe she was scared you.
Speaker 11: She told me she wanted to see me again. I never I never asked her to hang out again. I never she incited me.
Speaker 17: She was like, all right, you know, let's let's go do something. Sometimes I was like, all right.
Speaker 11: Said all right, why did I just tell me not to use the charge of it?
Speaker 1: She could, Look, you gotta move you gotta move on.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: Look you said it yourself. Look at yeah, you know, no.
Speaker 17: That's that's completely fine though.
Speaker 1: But he's wondering or what are you wondering? What? What do you what are you confused about? Why she's what if I was straining.
Speaker 11: Out in the middle of nowhere with a death phone? Isn't it this human decency to lesson a charge a phone for five minutes?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Look, I think this isn't even worth It's I think it's so in the past, man, I think it's not even worth running about because it seems like here's here's your problem. Really is that? I mean, this seems like it's very actively bothering you. How long ago did this happen?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Well, I bred it was on four twenty so, three weeks ago, two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, my guy, you got to live in the past. You're living in the past over here two weeks ago. That's like two weeks is the new two years. She's living her life. Why didn't she want you to charge your phone? I don't know. Maybe she thought you were crazy or something.
Speaker 11: Okay, So that's so, that's so, that is at least that's the part I didn't understand. It's craziness.
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel like you have can I ask you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you have? A very do you how would you rate yourself awareness in terms of how you come off to other people? Do you think you have a good idea of how you come off to other people when you're talking when you're talking to them?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, with them?
Speaker 11: Like I feel like if I was coming off crazy in a situation, I know, and I'm like, all right, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So in that and when you were hanging out with her, did you feel did you were like all right coming off.
Speaker 11: The whole five? I did not get it one time. And and even like, even if I did, she stop it by inviting me to go hang out another time.
Speaker 17: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I understand that, hm, And you never spoke.
Speaker 11: I'm just wondering the human decency part. Like if if I hated a person, Like if I went on a date with a person and I hated them and they were like, Yo, my phone's on five percent and I just charged it for ten minutes, I wouldn't be like vanished off the face of the earth, you know what I mean. I would give the starger and never.
Speaker 17: Talk to them again.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I would say to you, then, what's your name again?
Speaker 17: Uh, Tony Stark?
Speaker 1: I believe Tony Stark? Listen, I would say to you. Then if you believe that you know what she did was was you know, a sign of of of indecency, then I would say that you are very lucky that she did not contact you again. You did not contact her again, because it doesn't seem like you would be a good match with each other. Seems like you have their values. So I would say you got off easy. I would say you should leave it in the past. You should move move forward toward you know, other romantic endeavors.
Speaker 17: That's a fair point, all right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, Do you have any suggested alternatives to City Bank or are you gonna.
Speaker 3: Stick with them?
Speaker 17: You know I could perly go to a smaller bank just because I feel like they're more. They're more.
Speaker 1: What's the way I'm looking for supporting small.
Speaker 17: Business well not even supporting small businesses, but they're more. You're not gonna get a ropeo.
Speaker 11: You're not going to get some person that doesn't care, you know what I mean. You're going to get the person that's actually talk to you.
Speaker 1: You got to thank you so much. You're calling in Tony Stark, You ever wonder for us of the night?
Speaker 3: All from Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Sabrina, Oh my gosh, wait am I on? Yes?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. I I literally just had to refresh the page, like right now because actually.
Speaker 1: Now that now that you mentioned I'm not sure if you're on, because I'm not sure what you mean by when you say you are you on? Are you on? When you say are you on?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 1: What exactly?
Speaker 16: On?
Speaker 7: Therapy?
Speaker 3: Gecko on a call with Lyle They Oh my god, I didn't know how to expect this.
Speaker 4: So, hey, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Everything right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing great, I'm doing great. Oh my goodness, I'm just really really shocked.
Speaker 1: Have you ever spoken before your brain?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: So you said you did not expect this.
Speaker 6: No, I did not.
Speaker 3: I did not expect this.
Speaker 1: What did you expect.
Speaker 3: I expected to be?
Speaker 18: You know, just.
Speaker 3: Uh not you know, picked up on in terms of a call.
Speaker 1: Mm interesting yeah, hm hmmm, uh what I mean? Just what you know?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Why even ad? Why even answer that?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why do I need to do?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 1: I think it's a perfect question. What it has? Everything that you could possibly wanted? A question? Why not just leave it at that?
Speaker 3: I think it's because we always want more?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. We always want more? Do you believe that you want more? Do you want more? Do you have everything that you need? Or do you want more?
Speaker 3: I think that I want I think I want a little bit more out of life.
Speaker 12: M m.
Speaker 3: But that's something that I that's something that.
Speaker 9: Only I can get out of it, you know, by taking opportunities and stuff.
Speaker 1: You think you want a little bit more out of life? Do you know what it is? Or do you just have this sort of nameless, intangible want.
Speaker 3: I think it's just my intuition that's telling me that.
Speaker 1: M M. Intuition is telling you that you want more?
Speaker 12: Yeah, what do you have?
Speaker 3: I have a pretty comfortable life.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it.
Speaker 9: Well, I uh, I live in a nice home, I have two loving, supporting parents. I have a good relationship with my sister. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, things got better and I have a good group of friends.
Speaker 1: You're killing it. You got a lot mhm. You know you'll be a lot happier. I've noticed, Hey, I have this problem right where you know you'll be so much happier if you just focus on what you have instead of what you want. But I think wanting things it's like, I mean, we get up out of bed in the morning because we want things. If we had everything we wanted, we would What's what's the point of what do we do? So there's no game?
Speaker 9: I think, you know, once we have everything that we need. I think that want is that desire to give someone else something?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do you hm? Essentially, do you feel as though it's easier to give people what they want if you already have what you want, if you've filled your own glass?
Speaker 3: Sometimes, like whenever people say that, like whenever people say like, oh.
Speaker 9: You can't you know, love someone unless you start loving yourself, Well, sometimes I agree with that, but also sometimes I feel like, how can we know what true. How it's sometimes it's so hard for us to accept self love when we ourselves don't see anything good about ourselves, you know, if we if it's it's so easy to say, why don't you start loving yourself? It's hard to love yourself whenever you don't see anything good. That's why I feel like it's whenever someone says that they love you that you can truly start to you know, start loving yourself. And because they're seeing that value in you, maybe, well that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I hate that though, because I hate I hate that that is, like, you know, I hate the idea that you need someone to love you before you love yourself, because you know, there's no reason for you to be dependent on other people like that. You know, I feel like that just puts you in a bad spot.
Speaker 9: Hmmm, what do you mean by bad spots?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I feel like, I mean, this is just my own personal, personal thoughts that I strongly believe in that, you know, I mean, I actually I do think you need to love yourself. I'm not gonna say you need to love yourself before you love other people, but I think that we're needing other people to love you before you love yourself is a trap that people. People tend to fall into where they need other people's validation share they need other people to think that they are something before they can think that they're that thing. Do you know? It's a trap. It's a skill that a lot of people don't take the time to develop when they fucks themselves. Maybe they like, you know, get into a relationship or something, you know, maybe at an early age, and they're in it for a long time, you know, and so much of their love for themselves is just a spin off of their partner's love for them. And then the partner leaves or something, and then they get fucked because they their love for themselves wasn't based off of a solid internal rock, and they get fucked, And you want to get fucked like that, dude. That's why you gotta build it. It's why you gotta build your rock. You gotta build your internal belief in yourself and your internal love.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 9: Hm hmm, that's very true.
Speaker 1: Now, how exactly one goes about doing that?
Speaker 10: Know?
Speaker 12: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just thinking out loud. What what your name was? Natalie Sabrina Sabrina? I like that name.
Speaker 3: Thanks, do you have n I kind of really have like iffy feelings about it because it sounds a lot like my sister's name, so growing up, like my parents would always get our names confused.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Sabrina?
Speaker 3: I'm a college student?
Speaker 1: College do? What do you study?
Speaker 9: I'm just currently getting my basics right now. I'm at community college. I'm a liberal arts major.
Speaker 1: Nice. Do you have any idea what you want to do in life?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 9: Kind of worried about that. I know it, like because I know what I don't like, but I don't really know, like if I want to pursue something that I'm really passionate about, like I really like writing, but I get a little bit scared about that because you know, I get very apprehensive as to whether or not I can, you know, continue to have it as a passion if it's slowly, you know, becomes something that you know is like, you know, a job to make money, and it's you know, something that you know no longer becomes a hobby but gets like that middle ground.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We were talking to Tiff about this. I don't know if you were there for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I listened in on Tiff, mentioning that, yeah, that's a tough thing. I feel like I feel like because like I'm only nineteen, so like I feel like people at my age, I feel like we still have a little bit of time to decide what we want to do for the rest of our lives, which sounds a little bit weird considering it's only you know, so you know, it's you've only been alive for so long.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: A little bit of time. I think you have a lot more than a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 1: Actually, Actually, the funny part is you have until you are dead.
Speaker 9: Damn to do.
Speaker 1: Things in the world. I mean, you say you want to write, I mean you can write at any age. I mean, I don't know. When you're thirty six and you decide that writing is stupid and you want to play guitar, you can play guitar. You know, you can do whatever you want all the time. Kind of pretty much, you pretty much do whatever you wants all the time, unless if you murder someone and go to jail, or you get pregnant and you're responsible for a child, you can't do whatever you wants all the time, and you get so you can't get pregnant or kill anyone. But if if you don't, if you don't, if you if you don't have a kid or go to jail, you can pretty much do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: That is true, That's very true.
Speaker 1: How do you think this conversation went?
Speaker 3: You can be honest, I think it went pretty okay.
Speaker 10: I think it went.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, pretty well. I mean, I again, I wasn't expecting it, so the surprise element definitely, it definitely increased my enjoyment totally.
Speaker 1: You were definitely. You definitely started off extremely excited about this, and then as we got more into it, I think your enthusiasm died down as you encountered the reality of Do you know what the conversation was?
Speaker 3: Hmm, well, I feel like it's because I think I got a little bit more comfortable. Maybe that was it.
Speaker 1: Totally totally. That's good though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess sorry, I was looking at the chat. Let me close out of that.
Speaker 1: Did you see anything good? Anything in there?
Speaker 3: It's whatever? I mean, Hey, it's like it's like your callers said earlier, got to do you?
Speaker 1: You know absolutely I agree with that. Hey, Sabrina, I have one quick question before we go. Yep, what happened.
Speaker 3: Shit happened.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for calling Sabrini, you everyone for us the night's pleasure talking to m H.
Speaker 3: All from Eli.
Speaker 14: Eli, hey gg.
Speaker 1: How are you Eli?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 1: Elijah? Is that sort for Elijah?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: Just Eli.
Speaker 1: Eli? Elijah is the name of the oh you had? You know what I was gonna go on. Here's what all right? Just now, just now I said, I said, Elijah is the name of it? You said, you're gonna say the thing I interrupted you. I was gonna go on a tangent about how Elijah is the name of like some god or something that you leave the door open to come in to your house during shapat, But that would that would have been a stupid thing to say. So I'll let you say the thing that you were going to say when I interrupted you to say that. And I actually made my explanation probably took longer than what I just said, especially because what I was going to say. I said it anyway in my explanation. But I want you to ignore the fact that I'm doing what I'm doing right now and say exactly what you're going to say before I interrupted you.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna kind of I think you're wrong about the bet.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry you made me past this, Okay, I mean it was under the assumption that it was the bet was placed on the game that was in the background.
Speaker 1: So no, it was not under the assumption I said. It was said the nineteen ninety seven super Bowl. I said we were betting on the nineteen ninety seven super Bowl. There's no assumptions to be made when I say specifically, I am betting on the nineteenth ninety seven Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: All right, maybe I don't know that the collar fully understand.
Speaker 4: Did that, But.
Speaker 1: Well, whose fault is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a miscommunication.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe I'm past them, So past the sea line.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm on the next thing. Have you ever thought about how often we talk in idioms?
Speaker 1: How often we talk in idioms?
Speaker 3: So you had two callers both say that they were working or that they were like working as hard as dogs.
Speaker 1: Yes, well they both mentioned dogs. One was sick as a dog, one was working as hard as a dog.
Speaker 3: Right, those are both idioms. Yes, And so many times when we're talking about like games, you know, some people say that they were real barn burners.
Speaker 1: What is it. I've never heard that before. It is a barn burner.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like a really good game, like a real nail ighter. Again another idiom mhmyard a barn burner.
Speaker 1: Barn burner means a good game? Is this bar? Does this bar and burner mean the same thing as a nail bier?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 1: I've never heard the barn burner before. Do you know, like sort of what that the nail bier? Like you're biting your nails because you're like nervous about what's gonna happen. But I don't understand the barn burner one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I looked it up once, but I can't remember exactly the etymology of it.
Speaker 1: What do you if you have to take a wild guess of an explanation of the idea, how do you? What do you? What do you think it means?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like people all would like stand around watching a bar and burn because like back in the day, perhaps there wasn't a lot of entertainment, and so if there was a bar and burning down, everyone would like go and watch.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a little said, that's kind of song. I mean, I know, I think he might be right. I think he might be right, a barn burner. I like that, right, But people people, you know, back before there was entertainment, people found entertainment and destruction, which is very a little sad when you think about it.
Speaker 3: It is sad. Hopefully they got all the.
Speaker 1: Animals out, Ah, I feel like they didn't. I feel like that was part of the entertainment for them, which, yeah, I don't know. I think I think that I've I think we've we've discovered the reason why that's not as popular as an idiom as a nail butter, because it's a little bit dark.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're probably right on that.
Speaker 1: What did you say? Your name was Eli? Eli. Are you competitive?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm very competitive, but there's a caveat to it. I'm competitive about things that I think I can win.
Speaker 1: Competitive about things that you think you can win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if there's no chance of me winning, then I don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: This is interesting because this is sort of builds off of I don't know if you heard the conversation I just had. You did, because you brought up the we were talking about ignorance. You're not ignorantly. You're not competitive ignorantly because if you were, because you're only a better of things that you know that you have a shot at winning.
Speaker 3: Correct and like betting on sports or something. I feel like a lot of that is chance unless you can develop, you know, some really good mathematical models to potentially predict the outcomes with a higher probability. But regardless, you know, that's just chance. So that's not really a competitive.
Speaker 5: Thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like That's what I said to our very first caller who told us that she was competitive in monopoly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I mean there is some strategies of monopoly, though, I.
Speaker 1: Got I guess there's like, how would you describe the strategy of monopoly, because to me, it's all about the dice rolls and who lands on what first.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, that is a big part of it. But then there's also the strategy of like buying only houses so that you can like remove anybody else the opportunity to buy.
Speaker 1: Houses interesting and run out of houses. Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What were you going to say?
Speaker 3: I kind of lost my train of thought. I'm sorry, No, No, I don't know if it was about monopoly or it'll come back to me.
Speaker 1: Probably actually competitive about things that you believe that you have a chance at succeeding. And what are some things that you are competitive about that you believe you have a chances exceeding.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm gonna I just remembered it. I'm a big rule follower, so hence in monopoly then I am competitive like about following rules as well, because if somebody like doesn't follow the same rules or you're not, you know, playing by the same yeah, by the same rules, then.
Speaker 4: I mean it's rigged.
Speaker 3: It's not a fair competition.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question here. Your passion for rule following does it extend beyond the realm of board games and into life? Were you always do it at Following rules in school, following rules in society?
Speaker 3: No? No, And I think that society has built too many rules that are unnecessary to follow.
Speaker 1: So if you can here's what I don't get. Then if you can admit that some of society's rules are unnecessary, why are you so stubborn on the idea that you know some of monopolies rules might be unnecessary, such as the ones that there are a finite amount of houses.
Speaker 3: Well, they might be, but you have to agree to how you're going to play the games as with whoever you're playing the game with. So if you if everyone agrees to abide by a new set of rules for monopoly like free parking and getting cash that's in the middle, then that's an okay rule to.
Speaker 8: Institute.
Speaker 3: But if you don't have that baseline of everyone having the same expectation and the same rules, then it's totally unfair.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you believe that monopolies rules are backed by the fact that everyone participating in the game aim has agreed to the rules before beginning to participate in the game. But wouldn't you say that we live by a social contract that we have all agreed to, for example, the rule that we can't murder each other. By living in society, we all sort of agree to certain rules.
Speaker 3: Yes we do, we do, But that's also you're kind of like going over into like morality. So they're not they're not rules per se. They're not Well, yeah, I guess they are laws, but do.
Speaker 10: You understand what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like there's like some laws like does everyone wear seatbelts? People speed all of the time? Like those are laws, Those are rules, not everyone to buy them.
Speaker 1: Do you think that people should speed less.
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably would cause less deaths.
Speaker 1: Probably would.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's there for a reason, right, and wearing seatbelts is there for a reason.
Speaker 1: It's no. So theoretically, if I were to play a game Monopoly, and then I wanted to buy a house and you said no, there's no more houses, and I said, we can just use the dog or the iron, and you said, no, that's not part of the rules, I'm like, well, I almost hit an old lady on the way over here because I was going seventy miles an hour in a forty and I broke that rule. So I'm on a roll right now. I should just break every rule that there is to break that I see in front of me.
Speaker 3: Would right, Well, so then that's where my competitive edge would come in and I would start getting really angry at the game. I would say, no, that's not fair.
Speaker 1: What did your name was?
Speaker 10: Eli?
Speaker 1: Eli?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: How do you think this conversation went?
Speaker 3: I think it went great. I had a great time. I think we both heard each other's sides and yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think this is very civil discussion.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 1: Do you ever want to for.
Speaker 3: Us to night get yep?
Speaker 8: All from.
Speaker 1: The Hello, Hey, what's your name? My friend?
Speaker 16: Taylor?
Speaker 1: Taylor? Taylor. We have we spoken before?
Speaker 16: No, but I comment sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have not spoken, but we've commented. So we've engaged in sort of a one way dialogue, a one way monologue, a one way form of communicat one way conversation of some kind in a way.
Speaker 16: Yes, I mean there's been like a quick two ways sometimes, but mostly are one way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kinds of comments do you leave? Do you leave mean comments? Nice comments, neutral comments of all?
Speaker 16: Definitely nice? I keep it nice?
Speaker 1: You keep it nice? Do you ever let anything mean slip? It starts to be nice all the time.
Speaker 16: Not on the twitch, you know, I try to keep it pretty pretty good on the.
Speaker 1: Twitch, pretty good on the twitch. So when you say on the twitch, does that mean that there are other places in which you do leave me in comments? Maybe even in your head?
Speaker 16: I mean in my head. Yeah, I'm trying to keep it out of like the typing part, but in my head yeah.
Speaker 1: M hm hmmm. What kind of comments do you think up in your head?
Speaker 16: In what context?
Speaker 1: You say you're thinking of mean comments in your head? But so whenever you you know, think of something that is not nice, it's something that is unsavory. You like to keep it in your head. You think to yourself, Oh, this will be best if I kept myself and not sure with others.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I try to keep.
Speaker 16: In general.
Speaker 1: In general, we say you're a positive person.
Speaker 16: I would say in general, yeah, I think everyone like this normally a little critical, but those are the things we don't type on twitch.
Speaker 1: I like that. Mm hmm. Would you say that your gut reaction, your gut judgment of things is critical and then you sort of consciously make aims to be less critical or which is commendable if that is the tra if that is the case, or is your gut to be positive?
Speaker 4: Gut's positive, You're lucky.
Speaker 1: We Has it always been or did you have to train it to be that way?
Speaker 16: I think it's like a training kind of thing. I feel like you go, like my experience is like junior high. You go through like a part where like you start to kind of see other people doing the negative. You kind of go for the negative a little bit, but then like you learn from that and then be more positive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, definitely very impressionable at a young age, you know. Yeah, that's why Actually, that actually is interesting that you mentioned that, because I think about that a lot, especially when I see what's popular on the internet on TikTok negativity scarily very popular with the kids these days.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and also someone I know I'm not supposed to read the chat, but I just saw someone say it's just the guy from the hot tub and I am definitely.
Speaker 1: Female the guy from the hot tub.
Speaker 16: Oh is this the guy the one from the hot tub.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what we're talking about.
Speaker 16: It was just something in the chat, but I don't know. I'm a girl other than that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I got distracted.
Speaker 1: It's okay. This is the chat. Did you and me? We're having a chat right now.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's true. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Great, I think it's wild. It is.
Speaker 16: You're in like the States somewhere, I'm guessing somewhere. Yes, I am having Canada, which is like, I mean, I'm not the guy in Turkey or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I know, through the gracious so the graces of technology. You know, we're really standing on the shoulders of the giants who came before us. Alexander Graham bell al Gore, who invented the internet.
Speaker 16: Was that in Nova Scotia reference. Did you know that I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what.
Speaker 16: That Alexander Graham Bell is from Nova Scotia.
Speaker 1: No, Alexander Graham Bell went to the telephone.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and he's from Nova Scotia, which is where.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know that I thought he was. I thought he was from America. Actually, I actually didn't think he was from America. I didn't I never thought about where he was from. I just know who that he met the.
Speaker 16: Telephone Bully Canadian, which I mean that's from I'm from Nova Scotia. That's a pretty small place. That was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Tell I have a question for you.
Speaker 12: What happened?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 16: Okay, So the thing that into my mind, do you know how yourself thought, like your your iPhone, it comes up with these little stories that come up with like oh, like here's a time in your life and it shows these little thing of your pictures.
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, the memories of your pictures.
Speaker 16: Yep, iPhone does it Apple whatever? Yeah, So it came up with this story that it thought that I wanted, like picked it from my pictures, put it together into this like video thing and it picks it from like a time in your life, and it picked March twenty eight, twenty twenty twenty, which is the day that my parents house burnt down. Oh no, so put like a video together being like you're gonna like this, this is your memories and then that's that who day?
Speaker 1: Was there happy music behind it? Yep?
Speaker 16: Totally very inspirational.
Speaker 1: What kind of music did they put behind it?
Speaker 11: Like that?
Speaker 16: Really like things are great chilling in like very like stock music kind of thing.
Speaker 12: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And what was your reaction?
Speaker 16: I guess not like surprised. The old apple the computer doesn't really get you. But it's just interesting that I didn't know that, like, you know, house burning down photos were not something I wanted to see, you know.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Do you think it's possible that the iPhone was taunting you?
Speaker 10: I could see it.
Speaker 16: Intentionally, Yeah, like for whatever reason, that just that's what the computer, like it was programmed to do.
Speaker 8: Hmm.
Speaker 16: I guess we'll ever go.
Speaker 1: Did you keep the slide show or did you delete it?
Speaker 16: I did keep it. It's you know, it's been traumatic, but now I'm just kind of like, that's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 4: So it is.
Speaker 1: It is a little funny in retrospect, not your parents burning house burning down but the fact that your phone made a happy slide show of it, that's uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: So, how do you think this phone call went?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 16: The chap still thinks I'm a guy, so that tror female all Taylor.
Speaker 1: Taylor, don't read the chat. Taylor.
Speaker 16: I know, I know. I should have learned my lesson by now.
Speaker 1: It's honestly, it's a little rude, Taylor. Like imagine if we were just talking, you know, face to face, and you were like on your phone, you know, while we're talking. You know, you're on your computer while we're talking, just like reading you know, the texts. It's so rude. Yeah, right, I mean, I forgive you, Taylor. I believe that you have positive intentions. I believe you're a pure soul. I'm not here to diss you, but I Taylor, you never have to apologize to me for anything ever. I appreciate you calling in. You have great nights as well.
Speaker 3: Pull from to accept press one.
Speaker 1: Hello scholar, Hello, hey man, I can't hear you at all. You gotta you gotta either take yourself off speakerphone or speak up, or you know I can hear you. I can hear you a little bit better. What's your name, my friend, my child, I'm Josh, Josh, Josh. What size? How big is your head in comparison to the rest of your body?
Speaker 12: It's twice as big.
Speaker 1: Your head is twice as big as the rest of your Your head is twice as big as the normal head, or twice as big as the size of your body. Both look, uh, Josh, just because I asked you a silly question does not give you permission to lie to me.
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm sorry. My head is the average size.
Speaker 1: Good. So I asked the silly question, and I and you know, if someone gives me a silly answer, then they're silly person, that they're a silly guy. And I could tell that you're a silly guy because he gave a silly answer to the silly question. But you know, I'm in a serious mood. I'm in the mood to have a serious a silly discussion. I was merely I merely began this discussion silly to kind of feel you out, make sure that you would be suited to have the kind of serious discussion that I'm interested in having this evening. And I could tell that you are not so fine. We won't have a serious discussion.
Speaker 12: I want to have a man. This is the second time I got on. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I have a questions for you. Okay, what happened?
Speaker 12: What happened or what happens?
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, Josh, Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 11: Life?
Speaker 1: What about life?
Speaker 12: It happens?
Speaker 1: Did it happen today?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What happened today? In life?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 12: Death happened in my life recently. Let me talk about that.
Speaker 1: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So last can I tell a story real quick?
Speaker 1: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 12: So last time I called you, I played the ukulele.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know if you remember that you played the ukulele? Was this while I was so sleep?
Speaker 12: No, you were awake, you were. I saw that sleeping stream. That was awesome, all right.
Speaker 1: The last time he called you played the ale.
Speaker 12: And then so my friend was over. His name is Johnny, and we were getting certified to be welders weld metal right, and he's a certified welder welding inspector. And I was talking to you on the phone with him, and about a week later, I don't know, about three days later, he passed away.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 12: Man, It's kind of reminded me, like that's why it kind of called you his because last time I talked to you, he was he was here, actually at my house. Did I talk to him, No, he was in he was in the garage. I was talking to you on the phone and we were getting it was kind of later. We were he was certifying us to get welding uh certified. Uh you know, welders three of us.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 12: I'm a I'm a large scale sculpture artists, so I do like big metal sculptures and uh so I needed to be certified for this project. And he was over at the house and that was the last time I saw him. Mm hmm was about three four weeks ago.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling since?
Speaker 12: You know, I was kind of I was angry at first. I was angry as a lot of people, and I'm not as angry anymore, but you know, I do miss him for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you make metal sculptures of.
Speaker 12: I'm a big burning Man sculpture artist. Interesting, I've done some of the biggest sculptures at burning Man over the last twenty years. And I'm a professional sculpture artist with like commercial commissions and I'm an architect too.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I was actually thinking I was looking into burning Man recently. I think it would I don't know a lot about it, but someone told me that I could set up a the tenth. I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 12: Yep. So there's a big city, you know that everybody camps at at burning Man, and that's where everybody kind of lives in the city. And people will do that in camps They'll have like events and bars and you know, ted talks and kind of lectures. I mean, anything goes at bernie Man really, but yeah, that would definitely go.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I'll do that. That sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 12: Yeah. So yeah, I've been going out to Bernie Man for over twenty years and made like a you know, four story glass and steel jellyfish, twenty foot robot, twenty foot tall robot, and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: When is the next Oh what are you gonna say?
Speaker 12: Oh? I was gonna say my friend who passed the way he was also he went to burning Man with us, and he helped us build a lot of these big projects.
Speaker 1: Nice. Are you planning on building something for him?
Speaker 12: Yes? So I have a robot. Well, I have a robot that he worked on. It's called I Robot and it was a burning Man twenty eighteen in the Center Camp and he helped weld it. And I want to It's in my front yard right now. Yeah, I think I'm gonna it's gonna get installed in California hopefully pretty soon. I'm from Nevada.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would definitely honor him. His name was Johnny, and he helped us a lot and in our community to you know, built really big art, and yeah, I definitely need to. I want to honor him several ways with that piece. And I have another piece I started working on to memorialize him.
Speaker 1: Is this this piece, this robot piece, is it going to be at the next Burning Man in California?
Speaker 12: Well, berniinge Man got canceled again this year because of COVID. Just got canceled like a week ago, uh now, like three or four days ago, and so there's no burning Man this year. I probably won't go back to Bernie Man. Honestly, again, why not a little corrupt?
Speaker 1: It's corrupt?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How is it corrupt?
Speaker 12: Maybe pretty controversial? I don't know. I have my opinions interesting Burning Man. A lot of people think it's just a bunch of naked people, you know, running around in the desert doing drugs and you know, fucking each other. Oh can I say that.
Speaker 1: I can't gonna say whatever you wanted.
Speaker 12: It kind of is you know, a lot of CD stuff goes on a Burning Man.
Speaker 1: Is your perception of it sort of more spiritual and less let's all get naked and do drugs in the desert.
Speaker 12: It's the biggest art show in the world. So that's why that's gone for the last twenty years. For the art. Strictly for the art, you know, I go there every year to build. You know, it's the hardest place to do art, honestly. You know, I do public amenity art, you know, sculpture, public art, So doing art outside is challenging, you know, large scale art, and then doing it in the middle of the desert is even more. Is the hardest place to do art, I think. So I go strictly to build some of the biggest art in the world and to design it.
Speaker 1: Who did you say your name was, Josh, Josh, Josh, Listen before we go, I'm curious, is there anywhere that we can find your art? Are you on Instagram? You got a website? You got something? I'd love to see your sculptures?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got. I'm a little weird, So I got rid of my social media. I just got on Twitch. I got my own Twitch Josh Fail artists.
Speaker 1: Josh Veil artist. Yep, oh, I think I saw. I saw you in the chat saying I don't have any ears.
Speaker 12: That's right, Yeah, that's me. So, and do you have an email too?
Speaker 1: Do I have an email? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Can email?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I don't do social media, and I've been twitching a little bit lately. I love Twitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I don't know if you're alive. We'll have to raid you sometime. I want to see that you're like building sculptures on there or something.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, I'm building that. Yeah, building like an eight ton dream catcher right now, made out.
Speaker 1: Of steel with a ton dream that's like the size of that's like.
Speaker 12: Two cars, forty feet long. It has four hundred pounds feathers, twenty four of them.
Speaker 1: Jesus, the feathers actually.
Speaker 12: Steal So y'all, it'd be cool if you, yeah, raided me sometimes because I have neuro followers.
Speaker 1: Do you hit me up, dude, I'm Lile Forever endevor at gmail dot com. Anyone that goes for anyone, Dude, I'm Lile Forever and Ever at gmail dot com. Yeah, dude, listen, Josh. It was a pleasure, a pleasure getting to speak with you. I'm sorry for your loss, and it sounds like you're doing a lot of really interesting stuff. I'm excited to go check it out for the rest of tonight, of course.
Speaker 12: All right, thanks back.
Speaker 19: All from is Iirah is Zirah.
Speaker 1: Isira.
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 1: Are you a Zira?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing the best I can. I'm a get go on the computer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: What what's your ultimate gold in life? What do you want to do before you die?
Speaker 14: I would love to that's a good question. I would love to perform on stage because I'm like a singer, So I would love to perform on stage at like a big concert event like Coachella or something in front of like thousands of people.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, you're a singer, what kind what kind of music do you sing? I?
Speaker 14: I write songs about like love, the.
Speaker 1: Typical stuff songs about love. Are these songs about love? Are they inspired by your own personal experiences with love?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 14: They are, all of them.
Speaker 1: Are, and they about Oh I'm sorry you go ahead.
Speaker 14: Oh no, yeah, all my songs are inspired from my experiences with love and heartbreak and stuff.
Speaker 1: So there's all My question is going to be is so it's all romantic love?
Speaker 14: Uh yeah, romantic bad relationships, toxic love of it?
Speaker 1: M M. Now, Adele, she's always writing about her heartbreak, right, Yes, A lot of people, A lot of people have speculated that, you know, Adele actually actively seeks out heartbreak to give you know, they've said this about Taylor Swift too, They actively intentionally sabotage their own relationships to gain fodder for their wow, their art, which of course is ridiculous. I also made that up, just actually thinks. But I mean, that's a ridiculous thing that a lot of people think. And I'm curious is that What do you think is that true for you personally as someone who minds a similar place for material.
Speaker 14: No, I don't think anyone would actually go and like sabotage their relationship to make a song about it. I know I wouldn't, But that's that's pretty crazy. If someone, would.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Another thing that I find interesting about artists who mine their emotions for their art is that emotion is very intense and very fleeting, very sort of in the moment. It doesn't last very long. And for you to take I mean for you to transmute these very raw feelings of you know, anger and sadness and and put them into a song. I mean, you've you've got to You've got to take that raw feeling and it's got to go from writing to recording, to mixing to sitting with a dude in a booth, go and do how do we do with the levels and ship to this to that to put it on Instagram? You know, how do you? How do you? How do you keep focused on on what really matters through that whole process.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I always remember, like why I'm doing this, and like why I'm sharing my story because I want people to hear and I know people can relate, So I always remember that. And like, I love music, so writing lyrics and talk about my experiences through music is like the best thing I could do for myself and other people.
Speaker 1: So you have you performed live before? Have you ever performed in front of people? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I have many times. Yeah, and it's always been great, but I haven't performed anywhere recently because of COVID. Like very soon I will, and I'm like working on the song right now that I plan on releasing in June. So I'm pretty excited.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I'm gonna annoy you about this. There are you on TikTok uh?
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm come on TikTok and Instagram. My Instagram is tbh dot Memories.
Speaker 1: Tbh dot Memories, okay.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then my TikTok is like linked in like my bio and my Instagram, so you can just find it there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 1: The reason I was asking is because I feel like if I were, you know, trying to you know, if you're trying to do anything but a lot, specifically, if you're trying to be a musician, I feel like TikTok is the number one way to go to get your stuff out there.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I always post on TikTok too, like my singing videos and whatnot.
Speaker 1: What did you say your name was? Again?
Speaker 14: Isira?
Speaker 1: Isira? Are you competitive?
Speaker 15: Not?
Speaker 18: Really?
Speaker 14: No? Depending on what it is, I might be, but overall no, not really.
Speaker 1: Even in your music career would you consider yourself to be competitive?
Speaker 14: No, I just I just love music and I do it because I love it. I'm not trying to like be like on top of anyone or anything like that. Like I just do it. I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The cool thing about music as opposed to I think about this a lot. The thing about you know, music and the arts that has an advantage over something like sports, for instance, is there can be multiple amazing musicians. There can be infinite musicians of infinite genres. All you know, you can build your own following and you can one person can like many different musicians. But you know, let's say if you wanted to be like like if you wanted to be the champion heavyweight boxer rights or something that it could only be one. It's directly competitive. This is not a a mixed market. So it's an advantage.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 8: That, but.
Speaker 1: Well listen, is is Ira? Yes, is Ira. This is a pleasure talking to you. Would you say what was your what was your Instagram?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: I want to want I'm gonna go check.
Speaker 14: You out a t h dot memories.
Speaker 1: Tb h dot memory is awesome. Thank you so much for calling in AIRA, you have a wonder for rest of the night, you too, all from Trey Wan Trey Wan.
Speaker 13: Trey.
Speaker 1: I need you right now?
Speaker 8: You need me right now?
Speaker 1: What do you need me right now?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly what it is, but it's just your presence. You're giving me everything I need from you right now. How you doing? Try one?
Speaker 8: I'm pretty good? But I think I have a deeper problem with that. A.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna all right? What's what's up? Man? What's the problem?
Speaker 8: So let's keep this PG and let's just say I think I'm addicted to like xxx videos.
Speaker 4: Oh and I just I just.
Speaker 1: Can't seem to stop your addiction to pornography?
Speaker 8: Yes, indeed, how old you I am? Twenty years old?
Speaker 1: Your addiction to pornography? What makes you said that you're addicted to pornography?
Speaker 8: I do it like approximately nine times a day?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 16: You?
Speaker 1: Do you really jack off nine times a day?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 8: About sometimes?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 8: Twelve?
Speaker 4: Let me?
Speaker 1: Are are you the same A long time ago? Like six months ago? I had someone call in and say the same exact thing. Are you the same person if you called them before?
Speaker 8: I wish I was, But that's not me. I need help.
Speaker 1: Okay does it? How does it make you feel that someone else has had this exact same issue that you have?
Speaker 8: I makes me feel welcome in that there's people out there like me.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I will treat this the same no matter what you answer this. I swear to God. I swear to God. If you say yes, I swear to God We're gonna have the exact same conversation then if you said no. But are you being serious right now?
Speaker 8: I am being serious right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well what makes it?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What do you what makes poor in an addiction? What do you think? You know?
Speaker 8: Like it's I don't. I don't even think it's it's porn anymore. I think it's just a satisfaction of just releasing all the stress.
Speaker 1: Mhm yeah. Look I up in there.
Speaker 8: I'm glad, but it's getting bad. Like it's like I'll be out in public and I would I would be thinking about it, like I'll be going like damn, I could be home right now doing my own thing.
Speaker 1: Mm. Yeah, me. Have you spoken to a real thingrapist about this?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: You should do that. You should see what they say, Hmmm, you know, I mean just any sort of regular therapist. But have you ever got you ever gone to therapist.
Speaker 8: I've never gone to therapy.
Speaker 1: Try it. You see what they have to say. I'd be curious what a professional's opinion is on this situation. As an unprofessional lizard Douche, I found that the let the frequency with which I masturbate directly correlates. It correlates inversely with the amount of stuff I have to do. So if you're jacking off nine times a day, you must have a lot of time on your hands.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 8: I I kind of like go at it back to back sometimes, which is really just not healthy, but it's like I just have that urge.
Speaker 1: See. I think that your main focus in coming over this problem is going to have to be in finding something to replace masturbation with that also gives you feelings of chemicals and feelings of flow. You don't flow is Yes, you're familiar with the idea of flow, like you're completely focused on the activity that you are in the in the in the process of doing Yes, you got to find activities that give you flow. Doing that is difficult, but I think that that is sort of going to be the key to solving your issue is finding things to replace masturbation with, because if you're just trying to quit cold turkey, like you need something productive to replace the habit with or else. That's that's where I think you're going to start doing it nine times a day, because that's when those are the times when I'm like masturbating, Like five times a day is when I don't have anything to do. You know, you got to start filling your plate with stuff.
Speaker 8: Okay, I appreciate it. I'm gonna if they start going to the gym and just strake my mind off porn and really in my stressed different way.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you could think about that, you know, maybe would fit unto the category of of you know, hobbies or projects that you could work on, or just anything that you could be doing that's not masturbating.
Speaker 8: No, not not really. I kind of just go on TikTok and it's kind of just school.
Speaker 4: That's about it.
Speaker 8: I feel like the school park plays a very big role in this.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's stressing you out.
Speaker 8: I guess because I just get bored, Like I'll be studying for like hours and I would just be like, I'm bored, let's just go and then you know, an hour passes and I'll be like, let's just go again, and then you know, another hour. It just goes It just goes by like that. It just goes really quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, listen, if school is not interesting you, I think you know you don't. Like I said, I'm kind of repeating myself here, but you know, definitely go out in search of something that puts you in that flow state so that you're not, you know, consistently masturbating all day.
Speaker 8: Perfect. Thank you. I'm I'm gonna try that of course.
Speaker 1: Man, what you say you name was Hi, Trey. Thank you so much, Trey. You have a one for us to night. Osh you good luck, to take care.
Speaker 2: The re knd goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. The re bek goes to what his E's teaching you aloud in the life bod. He's not really an expert.