Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Master along with Tim Stenovik. So let's get to some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News Equities supporter Noura Melinda.
Speaker 4: All Right, Norah stock number.
Speaker 5: One, plethord to choose from today, But I'm looking at shares of d R Horton.
Speaker 4: Let's take her Dhi.
Speaker 5: This is one of the stocks that I actually cover, is a home builder, and it's one of the bell weathers in the industry.
Speaker 4: We're seeing shares up.
Speaker 5: This afternoon, and this is after it reported orders that topped expectations and a third quarter EPs B and so this is really good, especially if you think about the sluggish housing market.
Speaker 4: This is great news for the sector.
Speaker 5: So we're seeing a widespread rally coming off of this, as we're seeing a lot of these other companies like Polti Group, which also reported earnings rising and sympathy here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all good news, though, I mean is it? Because if we.
Speaker 4: I know, right, what is the good news?
Speaker 1: We what we heard from the President earlier today about interest rates and about people not being able to afford homes. As a result of that, rates are still high, their concerns about construction costs. So I guess the expectations were not high.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's definitely a lot of overhangs right now when you think about the broader real estate industry, but particularly residential real estate. And we know that Dr Horton actually targets some of the entry level buyers and the move up buyers. And it's interesting because if you think about the average you know, millennial or people who are looking to get a new home, I don't really hear that many people saying that they're closing. So it's interesting that we are getting these results. But we do have Zeman the analysts there. They're pointing out that while this was a solid report here, we did see that management tweaked the midpoint of its twenty twenty five revenue and closing guidance that's a little bit slightly lower. So we do have analysts that are really still trying to see if they are still offering these incentives because the used to do a lot of these buydowns where they would buy down the rates to cheaper, and you know, I throw on a dishwasher throwing some fun things.
Speaker 4: We did five.
Speaker 3: Points right, Oh god, I have a yeah she was so she was aggresive, really smart. But I should put out that home building stocks as a whole, they're up about ten percent. So investors taking note. Quite a day that you had Darrel, Horton and Paulty. Right, but come out with some news that has caught the attention of investors. All right, let's go to stock number two. Where do you want to take us?
Speaker 4: Let's go to Lockheed Martin.
Speaker 5: This is the other industry that I cover, aerospace and defense company.
Speaker 4: So we're seeing take our LMT.
Speaker 5: That's the worst performing stock in the S and P five hundred today, really seeing a decline.
Speaker 4: It was earlier down as much as ten percent.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest drop since October of twenty twenty one. And we're seeing a stock that's out about fourteen percent so far this year. But what people are really taking away from these earnings today is the fact that it had a one point six billion dollar amount in charges and a possible tax hit, and that's what's really set the stock tumbling. But we do see a lot of the things that have really been a headwind for the stock is the fact of the critic criticism that has really been receiving or arding its F thirty five jets, so lots of cost overruns and delays that has really been riddling the company here.
Speaker 1: They also didn't get the F forty seven that was the new plane that was announced back in March. I believe that ended up going to Boeing instead.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely so.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot of things that people have really been parsing as it pertained to this company.
Speaker 4: And it seems as though Wall Street's quite.
Speaker 5: Critical today, but not super surprising because I think people had expectations that were kind of low coming into aerospace and defense earnings. We do see northwk Grumman as a gainer right now, but overwhelmingly you are seeing a bit of people.
Speaker 4: Sour right now when it comes to aerospace.
Speaker 6: Exists sense potentially four point six billion dollars in additional taxes owed after an accounting change, and apparently I guess they're talking with the SEC about this or contesting.
Speaker 3: The matter with the Eternal Revenue Service, But I mean.
Speaker 4: That would be massive, absolutely massive. We're looking at the st off it's one time.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think that these are so really interesting things that it seems like people are really pointing a finger poking here.
Speaker 3: All right, poke at KSS.
Speaker 4: That was a good one, thank you. Yes.
Speaker 5: So we're looking at shares of Coals, and this is interesting because we've really been seeing this meme stock rally returning. Another company that I cover is open Door Technologies. That's take her open and we're just seeing a wide base rally right now between Coals and open Door.
Speaker 4: But let's look at Coles here.
Speaker 5: We're actually seeing this, of course because of social media chatter, as is typical when we think about these memestocks. Here, we're seeing shares that doubled more than doubled this today throughout trading, and we are seeing shares that are up about eighty six percent.
Speaker 4: That's insane as.
Speaker 5: We speak right now, but we are seeing it fading a little bit earlier, up as much as one hundred and five percent. But this is really just Coals ripping right now. And a lot of people are pointing back toward that twenty twenty one memestock script that we were seeing played out with GameStop, and of course all the others.
Speaker 4: Forty nine percent of the float short short interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just saying it's a short interest.
Speaker 3: I know we should because it's like, you know, it tells a story.
Speaker 4: It does. Investors are not all in.
Speaker 1: Last week, or they might have to do a bunch of shortcovering. Crypto assets at four trillion dollars Bitcoin around all time highs, Meme stocks are being Mimi.
Speaker 3: Again and everything is awesome. What's going on kind of movement from it is kind of fascinating to watch.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.