Speaker 1: Wake you up, Wake up, wake up the program you alarm the power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Usa, yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo yo yo Yo Charlamagne, Good morning, just hilarious. God? What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: It's Monday.
Speaker 6: Piece of the planet is Monday.
Speaker 1: How y'all feel out there? I'm blessed black and holly favored. Happy to be here.
Speaker 7: Another day to serve our beautiful listeners. Good morning.
Speaker 1: See that's what happens when one person is not here one band one sound, Okay, he's on vacation this.
Speaker 8: Week, all right, and here is the anchor of the show. I'm sorry, they just I've been on here. I wouldn't even leave. I've been on here since five forty five. Y'all ain't talked to me until thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 1: And then you sorry, Then you came with another rhythm for Good Morning USA. Threw me off, like, come on, one band one sound?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 5: You know how I understand?
Speaker 8: I can't wake that Lord no Limit soldier up after her birthday weekend. I mean, Shane, she is Shane Rusted is like, yo, I wake her up. Now, I got her. Now it's gonna be me, you, her and Lauren on the show.
Speaker 1: First of all, she wouldn't be so tired, and she didn't have to do all her own work, you know what I mean. I don't know why y'all working that poor little Mexican girl. She just turned too and you got her cleaning the pool, cut and grasp her own party.
Speaker 5: She did not shut up.
Speaker 8: And speaking of the party, it was canceled because we had ninety five percent chance of rain storms, which I saw Friday, so something told me I.
Speaker 2: Should have just like waited it out. But it was raining. We woke up Saturday morning.
Speaker 8: It felt like God had a picture of water, like listen, I'm just I'm gonna just drown y'all out, Like it was coming down so hard. So I had to cancel everything. But by twelve o'clock sunny. For the rest of the day it looked like a total different day. I was so sad. I was so upset, but I got to spend the weekend with my baby girl, so I was happy about that.
Speaker 7: I'm so young. Did the party in the house door right? It did a little something.
Speaker 8: No, all them little kids was not coming to my house. You rescheduled and we took Marley to do things like no, all right, my house is like what seventy glass? Let another kid break something in this house?
Speaker 5: Oh, it would be crazy.
Speaker 2: So no, nobody's living in my house.
Speaker 7: So you had a cool weekend, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: I had a cool weekend.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I spent some quality time with my two year old.
Speaker 1: Yes, I kept it light. I went to go see the Liberty play the Indiana Fever this weekend. I had to go support my Raven Johnson for the people. Other than that, I kept it light.
Speaker 5: Did they win?
Speaker 7: No, the people lost to the Liberty on side.
Speaker 2: Okay, they said there was protest there. Did you see them?
Speaker 7: I wasn't paying no attention.
Speaker 2: The news this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't come in that way anyway.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Good morning Jazz.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sorry, I've been getting my life together over here, y'all. That's a little early.
Speaker 7: I heard about the protest.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Honestly, them protests don't never be as big as people.
Speaker 11: I feel like less than two hundred people included in the full protest. What were they protesting for the whole transgender and wn.
Speaker 1: Thanks and playing for the Indiana Field. I mean she had a lot of supporting the building as well.
Speaker 11: Though there was a lot of people out there supporting her and it was a few opposing people.
Speaker 5: I don't know that Sophia trans woman.
Speaker 1: No man, don't logical woman?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Deon Cole will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Season two of Average Joe premiered on Wednesday, August nineteenth on Paramount Plus, and Deanna'll be here to talk about that, plus a whole bunch of other things.
Speaker 7: He's in the new Adam Sandler movie Growing.
Speaker 2: Up three, Michael Jackson movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he played Don don King. You don't call out here smoking stuff. So we'll talk to Deon Cole when he comes next hour. And Mimi Brown will be up next with Front Page News. But we're starting to show with Ren we got anything good?
Speaker 7: What's Chris Brown?
Speaker 12: I don't even care. I'm not even having I'm not the game director to be the director. I don't even care. All right, Well, was dangerous Morning to show the Breakfast? Yes, this morning show the Breakfas Club. DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne that god Envy is off today. But Lauren Lorosa is here.
Speaker 5: I'm up.
Speaker 2: I just woke up.
Speaker 7: She is. She was aloud.
Speaker 5: Shut up.
Speaker 1: She was allowed loud in color and loud and sound. Okay, you should be doing that without putting lotion on the parts.
Speaker 11: Lotion very well this morning. And I did a little skin brownzer. Shout out to Fency. I'm trying to some new products.
Speaker 7: Okay, me and me brown.
Speaker 4: Good morning, love shark Jess, how y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 4: So we start this morning and Gary into Gary, Indiana, where thirty thousand customers have been without power now for thirteen days, probably fourteen days, almost two weeks after a deadly storm hit the area. So the storm brought tornadoes, flooding, and winds reaching one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Seven people were killed.
Speaker 4: Now families they say they still cannot keep food or medicine, cold power, medical equipment, or charge their phones, and some neighborhoods are still completely.
Speaker 2: In the dark.
Speaker 4: Gary Mayor Eddie Gary Mayor Eddie Melton. He says, there is no excuse for this to be going on this long. Let's listen today.
Speaker 13: I want the people of Gary to know this. I want you to know that I share that frustration. I've stayed in strict communications with NIPSCOE, and I have made it very clear that the current pace of restoration is unacceptable. While NIPSKO has set a target date of August twenty fifth for full restoration, power is still being restored as we speak right now, and I am still pressing them to fully restore Gary's power before the August twenty fifth day, which is this Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Hey man, to me, this is all one big social experiment because for years they've been telling us that it was going to be some type of national blackout.
Speaker 7: So I don't think none of this is coincidence. But don't listen to me.
Speaker 5: How are people eating? Like, how are they drinking? Eating? You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: I mean like that's not healthy because if the power is out, the refrigerators, the freezers.
Speaker 5: And everything, all the food is spoiled.
Speaker 8: And then if there's no power at all in the whole city, is it just the residents meting, I'm sure it's the whole city, Like no businesses, everything is shut.
Speaker 4: Down, businesses, schools, everything shut down. Getting food well, Several groups are stepping up to help I know World Central Kitchen and serving mills. I know Rapportray the Truth. He brought an eighteen wheeler supplies up more than a thousand families today. Food critic Keith Lee and NBA star Tyrese Halliburton, they're there to distribute more supplies. You can check Keith Lee's instagram for the location, and you know residents there.
Speaker 2: They are just basically just as you said, just.
Speaker 4: Trying to figure out how to feed their families, how to get air conditioned, go to cooling centers and things like that.
Speaker 2: They meet a lot of the residents.
Speaker 4: They file class action lawsuits against the power company accusing them of failing to maintain the trees near those power lines that this goes. They are denying any wrongdoing, but they say that they will fight that lawsuit if brought to them. And my full interview with Mayor Melton is available on my podcast, and he explains how to get how to get assistance, where to find cooling and charging stations, how to apply for reimbursement.
Speaker 2: If you need it for some of the things that you've.
Speaker 4: Had to come out of your pocket with, and to remember to call two one one if you are any sort of emergency. If you need anything, you can always call two one one. And now, what's also making a lot of noise this morning is Memphis. They are dealing with the same type of crisis.
Speaker 14: A pow storm.
Speaker 2: Yes, it moved through the city on Saturday, bringing winds up to eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 4: Now, at the height of the storm, more than one hundred and forty thousand customers lost power and as of last night, more than eighty thousand.
Speaker 2: We're still in the dark.
Speaker 4: Schools are closed, businesses are closed, and tens of thousands of families there are also without air condition as temperatures are climbing into the nineties. They say crews are working to restore power at the utility company, Memphis Light, Gas and Water says damage is so widespread it cannot tell every customer when the lights will be back on now. Tennessee State Representative Justin J. P. Pearson says AI data centers share some of the blame for what's going on.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 15: Memphis is a majority black city where a quarter of the population currently live underneath the poverty line. And this is the same place where Elon Musk chose to build the country's largest set of data centers, which have the same electric grid as Memphis.
Speaker 9: Families now without power.
Speaker 15: Also left in the dark right now are tens of thousands of residents of Gary, Indiana who've been without power for almost two weeks now. And Gary is a city where seventy five to eighty percent of its residents are black and the third of the residents are living below the poverty line. And Indiana is home to one hundred and forty seven, yes, one hundred and forty seven data centers, and Gary's electric grid powers eight of them. This energy demand calls residence utility builds to skyrocket. And now we're dealing with what's going on right now.
Speaker 7: I told y'all that last week. Listen, it's only going to get worse.
Speaker 1: It's a combination of extreme weather because of climate change, uh, the aging infrastructure, and yes, surging powers from AI data centers.
Speaker 7: It's going to continue to cause these things to happen.
Speaker 11: And I know it's crazy, but I talked to the Trader Truth yesterday about the work that they were doing in Gary, Indiana, and he was seeing a lot of the work that they did was just clearing the way for people to be able to even get Some people were stuck in their homes, couldn't get to their home. So not only do you not have power, but like they're literally like their residences. Like people are like trapped and people are just not going to help them, so like they don't even know they can't even get out to fight, like and nobody's coming through the help and it's like, yeah, like they were literally there for a long time, just getting taguing.
Speaker 8: Gary, get out there, speaking of Gary, Indiana. That's why Michael Jackson made that song. They don't really care about us.
Speaker 7: All Right, Maybe what's next?
Speaker 8: Michael Jackson's from Gary, right, He from Gary.
Speaker 1: He is from Gary.
Speaker 4: Jason coming up at seven. We're going to talk about it in the next hour. A major setback for a come on, Carmelo Anthony. His legal team is preparing for their next fight. But we're gonna get into that in the next hour.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's time for getting off your chest. You can reach out and touch us right now. One one hundred and five eight five one oh five one. You can tell us why you're blessed, or you can tell us why you're scretched. I know it's Monday, so scretch before you call. Okay, but don't reach. It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 9: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 2: I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk.
Speaker 9: I hate the hated your chest everything.
Speaker 1: When me is best?
Speaker 9: Call up next? Eight hundred five eight five one five one not I'm what the coach of philings.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hell?
Speaker 6: Ub?
Speaker 16: This is Sanya from Omaha?
Speaker 14: What do you do?
Speaker 7: How you feeling on this Monday morning?
Speaker 17: Hey y'all, I'm blessed black and highly say everybody God the book.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's amazing.
Speaker 17: Hey y'all, I'm on on vacation where you want to see Jezevegas? Yeah, and you know what, I'm taking a different way. We're driving from Omaha and we're gonna call in Wyoming and it's about to be.
Speaker 16: Oh we're about to see Utah, the freaking Salt Desert all that cool stuff. Oh yeah, we're talking it with some uh some other adults.
Speaker 5: You know, we're going.
Speaker 16: It's about to be.
Speaker 18: It's about to be a whole little thing.
Speaker 5: You got a Harvey bro.
Speaker 16: We're all we're a tan camp and we have uh.
Speaker 19: I have a large inflatable.
Speaker 17: Tint right now that I work with my brough sing.
Speaker 16: I'm the manager at Innison's Convenient Market.
Speaker 19: You're gonna shout out how.
Speaker 7: Many studs traveling?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 5: First of all, how many boods.
Speaker 19: That's what I'm talking about. See somebody hurt you. I told you this before, hurt you.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the question how many studs traveling?
Speaker 5: Some gay woman hurt marry me?
Speaker 7: You the only one?
Speaker 19: My wife.
Speaker 18: And her cousin and her husband.
Speaker 2: How did you?
Speaker 5: It's like he got a stud right like he knowing yo.
Speaker 17: Because the stud hurt him somebody. Y'all you know what, I went too deep, too fast, too quick.
Speaker 1: I will never acknowledge your community ever again. Then, Okay, why I want to.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Christine husband real quick dusting in the hospital.
Speaker 17: Why I don't know, but he in there and putting here and working.
Speaker 3: Busting it out, making that money for a family ship.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 5: That's what's Yeah.
Speaker 1: While y'all on y'all road trip, make sure y'all subscribe to the normal podcast. Okay, on the Black Effect, iHeart radio podcast network. All right, it is Britta and Dj excel Man Boss Britt and Dj Excel. There are two studs, you know, based out of Atlanta. I think you really enjoy it. I'm not even joking. I'm not trying to be I'm not joking. I'm being honest with you.
Speaker 17: He is, Hey, I ain't even gonna catch I h I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 20: But yo, I want to give a shout out to all.
Speaker 17: I don't know if I could real quicks.
Speaker 3: So my wife is still our love her.
Speaker 17: But I also want to shine a light on this thing called the Frank Winning Files. And it's happened here in Omaha, and it happened on thirty third decater down the street from my house. And I'm gonna tell y'all, right now, it's some stick ish going on in this world. And they happened here in Omaha.
Speaker 1: This was like the hub of it, I believe you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when I.
Speaker 17: Tell y'all, they got national parks named after one of the dudes who got the Latio from.
Speaker 3: A sixteen year old kid in an adult video store in like nineteen eighty something.
Speaker 17: And they named park after him.
Speaker 3: We need to put light on this, like KTV News Watch seven, who aired the victims videos all.
Speaker 2: That and they killed a.
Speaker 7: Detective Jesus Christ. That should be on podcast as they.
Speaker 17: Did come out with a They came out with a documentary about it, but they covered it up. That's why they call it the frank the.
Speaker 1: Cover up, Franklin cover Up. I'm gonna look that up. Well, thank you for calling. Enjoy your road, triple enjoy, we will.
Speaker 17: You already know how we get down in the baby you said you jest you are the funniest girl ever.
Speaker 5: Thank you, babe. I love you more.
Speaker 7: Actually you're the funniest girl lovel because you said you got a wife and a lover.
Speaker 17: Shut No, I never said that wife and a lover. Don't put that out there, don't you dare put that out there?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for calling. Okay, get it off your chest. You can call up and tell us why you're blessed. All you can call us and tell us why you're stressed. It's the world's most dangerous morning to show the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: It's some new is your time to get it off your chest, way.
Speaker 9: Up, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 7: Time to get up and get something.
Speaker 9: Call up now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on.
Speaker 9: The breakfast club.
Speaker 21: Good morning, who's this Yoder Sewan from Minnesota?
Speaker 7: Pea Sean, get it off your chest, sir.
Speaker 21: Yeah, first of all, Good morning, Jess Goo, morning, Charlomagne, Peace, pease, Charlane.
Speaker 19: I'm just get straight to it.
Speaker 21: I just want to I want you to tell me if keep my day job or if I should pursue wrapping.
Speaker 7: Keep your day job.
Speaker 19: You're gonna hit me out.
Speaker 7: Keep your day job.
Speaker 5: Listen to me.
Speaker 7: Listen to me. It is one hundred and sixty eight hours in a week.
Speaker 1: That's more than enough time to deal with your reality and you know, chase your dream of rapping.
Speaker 7: But you that's so funny you bringing this up.
Speaker 1: I was watching a video yesterday with all of these influences talking about how they all have had to go get nine to fives because they realized that whole influencing thing was just an illusion and they're not making the money that they once made. So now they, you know, getting jobs. And one of the dude was working at FedEx. He was I mean, I can't believe I ever told people not to get a job.
Speaker 2: Everybody is not good at it though, yeah.
Speaker 19: I always had a job, but yeah I do. Let me just drap for.
Speaker 8: You real quick, saying, let me just hear it, let me say that you can give it all right.
Speaker 21: Look, yeah, I'm a smooth criminal road. I'm too pivotal. Move this is jews. Fill up a room. I use syllables to hit new pinnacles. You just do minimal food. That's too pitiful. I move mythical snoops and lose visual. You couldn't live in my shoes. They too big for you these days. The truth seems too fictional news, it's too cynical. Schools need new principles. Forget all the rules they screw into you.
Speaker 19: Is true.
Speaker 21: They do what they do to keep you miserable. So loosen the noose and move sensible.
Speaker 19: Choose what you listen to, do what you finna do.
Speaker 7: Call me the glue.
Speaker 19: I'm too integral.
Speaker 7: I'm the dude.
Speaker 19: I'm invincible.
Speaker 7: Nothing is too difficult. Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean not that you act, but it's just that you still should keep a job.
Speaker 5: I think honestly, you don't sound confident.
Speaker 17: Yo.
Speaker 8: Your your rhymes would kill if you came with a little bit more bark behind it. Like a little bit more forced, like you believed it. I love the bars, it just don't seem like you believe it.
Speaker 5: So just just believe it a little bit more before you quit your job.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you should ever quit your job, Like why would you quit your job? You still gotta pay for studio time, You still got to pay producers for beats, like you still got to rent and eat?
Speaker 7: Like why could you?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's okay, bro a job work at Amazon boy?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you could work?
Speaker 9: Yes, keep that job.
Speaker 1: Okay, and and pursue your dream Like I said, it's one hundred and sixty eight dollars in a week. I want you to put together like a like a time sheet schedule, and I want you to tell me all of the things that you're putting your time to. I mean everything, like what are you spending twenty hours a week on? What are you spending thirty hours a week on? What you spending and spending forty hours a week on? And that includes sleep as well. So I want you to do that. I guarantee you got more than enough time to chase your dreams and deal with your reality, sir, which is working at Amazon. Paper bills all write my brother peace, Jesus Christ Man.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, Jesus Christ? That was good?
Speaker 1: It wasn't good enough to you know, pursue a dream. Good morning, Good morning, Sorr.
Speaker 19: What's up?
Speaker 7: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 19: Oh my listen, just a brown gay out here grinding with something. So I just wanted to call and say, uh, Sar, we looked good again during our preseason game.
Speaker 7: We did, we did, we did.
Speaker 19: Our rookiees were looking good. People keep telling us, like you said you excited about preseason. Yes, it shows us what our rookies are out here doing and who can make the team. It might make a difference.
Speaker 1: As long as Camden Brown make the team. I need Camden Brown to make the team. I think Camden looked good out there.
Speaker 19: I think he looked good out there too. And I was talking about so on Friday. I got dunk here today when I'm trying to say that, you know, the electric company doesn't charge people for being without power, and I'm calling back again. Let's say I've been working there for five years. We've had storms here in Philadelphia over the last five years, and we do not charge customers when there's a storm. And they don't have power. That's that, that's just that's just how it works. That's just the truth. Shout out to everybody that's waking up this morning. I'm about to go clock into their careers. That's right, you know, because there's nothing wrong with clocking into a career. Because one, we have dental plans. And some of y'all who are Boston need a dental plan? Did they teas messed up?
Speaker 14: Y'all?
Speaker 19: Some of y'all be staying y'all Boston don't have no dental plan, don't froe k no pension, and y'all be needed a dental plan.
Speaker 1: Well you know that, y'all.
Speaker 19: You have his muffle.
Speaker 1: Well you know they're out here spending their money on vanias now though traph But well.
Speaker 19: Some people, all people got they just gonna sit on the side of the road and tell muffin and tell dirty muffins. That's all they do, selling.
Speaker 8: Dirty muffins, talking about cupcakes.
Speaker 1: I don't like all of this.
Speaker 7: Gay On gave this gay On game, you know what, I'm.
Speaker 19: Gonna leave him alone because he already said he got a fan life. But he said he the most foy person. Because you keep tagging me all of his page. He said. He said he toaent me go dig my little sister up like, but I don't. I don't. I don't speak when it did.
Speaker 1: Though, no, no, no, Stacy said that. I'm gonna check Stacy myself. He ain't tell.
Speaker 5: You no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 19: Definitely he definitely did would the day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't do the radio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do that. We don't do that.
Speaker 19: But he's the most positive person. So I mean, I'm gonna push your positivity.
Speaker 1: Well, drive, I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, sir, and Stacy shame.
Speaker 19: Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 1: It's fine, yes sir, yes, sir. Well have a great well, have a great day.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 7: You know some what you said you was healed.
Speaker 1: I was gonna tell you for some neils poring around your booty hole, but I forgot you a top.
Speaker 5: First of all, he is not about him.
Speaker 19: I'm not I'm not hurt.
Speaker 2: I'm not hurt.
Speaker 1: Have a great Okay, that's it. Forget it off your chests. We do that every morning, five one oh five one. You can call up and tell us why you're stressed or tell us why you're blessed, and Lauren, you got the ladies coming up?
Speaker 11: We do Jeezy got some new he's got a key to a city we're going to talk about.
Speaker 7: First of all, don't do that to gd G does not live that life anymore.
Speaker 5: Keys to the city, No, like they're honoring him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got, you.
Speaker 11: Got, you got, Yes, Yes, it's key Okay, okay, okay, Yeah. So loul Kim also might be coming with her own symphony, so we're gonna get into that. And we have some really important updates on a major name in music business who suffered a heart attack over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll be updating you guys.
Speaker 1: Abass Okay, all that and more when we come back. It's the World's most Dangerous want to show the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's the World's most.
Speaker 1: Dangerous want to Show the Breakfast Club. Dj NV just hilarious. Charlamagne to God NBA hiss on vacation today. And I want you to know that this portion of the show is brought to you by LifeLock. Okay, your name is attached to everything you've built. And if you get your identity stolen, what then your bank can only do so much.
Speaker 7: LifeLock is where you can trust to protect your identity.
Speaker 1: Get LifeLock at LifeLock dot com and use promo code Breakfast pup to thirty percent off your first year.
Speaker 7: And it's time for the Latest with Lauren.
Speaker 9: With Lauren la Rose.
Speaker 5: Shoot particularly of bringing the energy to mainstream radio.
Speaker 1: The black radio sources.
Speaker 11: Trust you and I'm the homegrowd that knows a little bit about everything, and everything.
Speaker 7: Should be having the latest on.
Speaker 5: Things you asked, the questions that need to be answer.
Speaker 22: Breakfast Club, Little Brown Girls, look at you, and I want to be like you Talk City and we.
Speaker 7: Need to come back because I'm not gonna be doing Lifelockerase.
Speaker 2: Guys, smile, you are here.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 7: Putting stuff on me.
Speaker 2: Now you've been putting stuff.
Speaker 11: In names and things on people all the time, So relax, all right, y'all, let's get into the latest. So we want to, you know, send some healing energy to p Pierre Thomas, who is the co founder of Quality Control Music for those of you guys who anybody that might not be familiar with Quality Control Music.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 11: They're responsible for the careers of artists, some of your favorites, Migos, Little baby City girls. You know, Quality Control had a huge YACHTI under Quality Control as well too.
Speaker 5: But over the.
Speaker 11: Weekend, uh P Pierre tom And suffered a heart attack in Vegas. Me Now, when their news dropped, the reports were confusing. TMZ had did a report saying that he had suffered a heart attack and that he was in ICU care, which of course is really serious. There were other outlets that were pronouncing him as not alive anymore.
Speaker 1: And then I don't understand how people just jump out dre and say that, yeah, God, how do you just jump out there and say somebody pathway like you don't even try.
Speaker 7: To cite your sources.
Speaker 1: You don't try to check, no check and make sure that's correct before you just put that out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 11: But when I saw TMZ story and then I saw the reports of him passing away, because I've learned here to kind of like not jump into these type of things because they're so sensitive as urgently as I normally would. But I was confused, and I wanted to make sure that I understood it best for when we talked about it. So I reached out to a rep that I Knew for Quality Control, who sent over the statement that QC had also posted as well too, just stating that they needed to make it clear that he was alive and that they were asking everybody to keep him in their prayers and their thoughts and give him and his family the privacy they need during this time. And they said that, you know, they appreciate everybody's concerned and support, but they're acting just for loving energy right now. And I did see a video that Pea's mom that was circulating that his mother had posted as well.
Speaker 2: She was pretty upset about the reports. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 23: Let me strain y'all all out. First of all, my son is not dead. No matter what my son has done to me, no matter what he's done in you, he's still my child. Somebody did this to y'all, and I know it because there's neurologically.
Speaker 9: No reason years alive.
Speaker 10: Is he Well, No, don't.
Speaker 23: Count nobody out thinking about life.
Speaker 9: We read. What we're seing is life.
Speaker 23: So me, I'm a child of God, So don't matter what you did to me, I can't walk away from my child like that. I don't know what who gave TMZ that story, but cut the line. He's healing, he's recovering. Yes, and I'm here he raising up like lass, Okay.
Speaker 1: No matter what my son has done to me, no matter what he has done to you. That's a pretty backhanded U.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, damn, get bid without that.
Speaker 7: Some positive energy? Like what's that about?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, then she said it twice sending prayers.
Speaker 7: Up to P.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, nothing but a positive energy to that brother. As soon as I heard that news, that's the first thing I did was get down on my knees to pray. Like, you know, people be so quick to want a text and you know, post and like, Yo, did you actually pray for the brother when you heard the news? Did you? Like, I really want to. I really want you all to think about that. When y'all hear these type of things happen, do y'all really sit down and pray?
Speaker 7: Or do y'all just get on social media and put thoughts and prayers? Did you really send up a prayer?
Speaker 11: I wonder at least a darrel ll recover him. I don't like just just a liner something.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He's a good guy. Yeah, Me and P always ben solid. He's a great brother man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you know, spent sending him a get well soon and you know he's gonna need some rest and some privacy.
Speaker 2: So you know how old they.
Speaker 1: Get forty five, forty six man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Me and Jess were talking about earlier how hard attacks we you said, think that they were like such an older person's thing, and then now it's like it doesn't matter your age.
Speaker 8: What I always tell you all about the younger we see people have heart attacks, strokes and things, and it's just said.
Speaker 7: That's why I'll be pushing doctor Puma, so have you.
Speaker 1: I'll be telling y'all will get your cardiovascular.
Speaker 7: You know, health check. Yeah, Lutha, my guy.
Speaker 1: P I always said he was one of the only people that can call me and be like, yo, I got a new artist, and I'll be I'll be like okay, and I'll interviewed him early because he's had such a great a track record.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Yep, all right, Well, still staying in Vegas, but shifting gears a bit to something a bit more positive. That happened there over the weekend. Jeezy received a key to the City of Lost and it was presented to him by none other than Lebron.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 14: I want everybody to give a shout out to music. You get us all, damn last Vegas. I'm here to present you or to keep to the city by Oh wow, it's God. This is long, sir. He got up here. It supposed to be the last show. Right, y'all's working out first. Got a thousand for the people. You want to tell you yes, yes, man, y'all been so good to me. This is a soul out of crowd. I don't want you all to know. I don't want to stop doing this.
Speaker 13: I wanted to create a room where we can couple like minded people and join ourselves.
Speaker 14: I do this for y'all, and I'm gonna stop. I'm gonna keep doing it. Jol Ain't got no breath of my body.
Speaker 23: And when that being said, I'm going to do nine four days a last biggest.
Speaker 14: The body for y'all. Right down, I'm announcing the whack down Devins. It continues.
Speaker 1: Now go it takes.
Speaker 7: I gotta go back.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he hold on, That's not the day it will be there. I was gonna say the data because we're going to Vegas for the iHeart music.
Speaker 2: Festival.
Speaker 11: But so yeah, he added to nine more dates, so it goes from November all the way through New Year's Eve. Pre sale is happening right now. He has a code that he posted on his Instagram snowmen, and then actual tickets go on sales sale this Wednesday, the twenty six at one pm. So if you have not seen it already, I didn't get a chance to go see it yet, but my friends were actually there last weekend and they had a ball.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, man, when you see all these beautiful black people dressed up and they tuxedos and women in their cocktail dresses, and you know, you just out there listening to gez Do classics from the Recession, her dog motivation, the trap would die with that orchestra.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you know what. It's corporate thugg and for real.
Speaker 11: You know what though, these orchestra and symphonies because no Gucci did one as well too, are becoming like the the like this is like the It's brought back again. How hip hop artists are using this to honor their catalog's Little Kim She's going to be celebrating thirty years of hardcore. The album She's gonna do a special night in Bully with an orchestra.
Speaker 2: As well too.
Speaker 11: So this is like a trend that is like it's been around, but it's back in the you know, all the artists on the.
Speaker 5: Lead that our legends are doing it. Yeah what I mean like a man being.
Speaker 1: Hilarious to watch them fifty something, your old women be out there talk about I.
Speaker 7: Used to be scared of it.
Speaker 2: They already on Instagram like a real bit.
Speaker 11: I already I've been seeing them already on Instagram like this time would be at hardcore getting dressed in their makeup already. So yeah, shots, a little kim shout out to gez uh. Yeah that's the latest for the hour.
Speaker 1: All right, we got from Page News with Maybe Brown.
Speaker 7: We come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the World No Thangers Morning Show to Breakfast Club, DJ NVJ, Hilarias Charlamagne of god Envia's own vacation. But right now it's time for Front Page News with Tamisha Brown.
Speaker 7: Good morning to.
Speaker 4: Misham, good morning, thank you, Good morning y'all. So we start this hour with a Texas judge denying Carmelo Anthony's request for a new trial. So Anthony is serving thirty five years in prison for fatally stabbing seventeen year old Austin Metcalf at a high school track meet that Anthony said he acted in self defense, but a jury rejected.
Speaker 2: That argument and convicted him of murder.
Speaker 4: Now his new legal team, they argued that decisions made by his former trial attorneys prevented him from receiving a fair trial.
Speaker 2: Before that the trial.
Speaker 4: Before the trial, Anthony's former attorneys and prosecutors they made this private, unwritten agreement to keep damaging information from both teenagers away from the jury. Now that included allegations of racist behavior, bullying involving Metcalf, and alleged threatening messages in Anthony.
Speaker 2: Now Anthony's former attorneys, they planned to have him testify.
Speaker 4: They said they wanted him to testify, but after a dispute over what prosecutors could ask him, he ended up staying off the witness stand. Now his new legal team, they argued that that prevented Anthony from fully defending himself and the new judge in the case, though he rejected that argument and denied the request for a new trial. So now the fight moves to the appeals court, where legal experts say his new legal team will continue searching for evidence to help overturn his conviction.
Speaker 24: Let's listen, So when somebody sentenced to a sentence like that, which was thirty five years in almost a life sentence, there will be plenty of time to relitigate this exact matter. Right away, they brought it up, said, you know, new lawyers said, hey, there was this gentleman's agreement, much to our client's detriment. Shouldn't happened, you know, his bad practice on their part. So they wanted to get in there right away and get a new trial. Look, it's been denied. He's going to go up on appeal. But while that's pending, they can continue to get gather evidence, do some research, investigate, get more evidence about this gentleman's agreement, kind of look at the record, determine how it really prejudiced him, refile emotion. You can file a new trial motion on new evidence just about any time. So this is not the end of this case, not at all.
Speaker 7: A pill gonna take years though, right, it is gonna take years.
Speaker 2: It is gonna take years.
Speaker 4: Anthony's attorneys and his families say the denial does not in the case as we just said though, and they will pursue every legal option available to them. But for now, his murderer conviction and his thirty five year sentence remains in place. So we'll continue to watch this as it plays out and bring you any new updates as they become available.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody surprised by this though, right. Like my dad always said, trouble is easy to get into and hard to get out of. I mean, somebody is very dead in this situation. I just never understand why people don't want folks to testify, especially if they have nothing to hide, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, very very hard to get out of once once you've already been convicted.
Speaker 2: Those are very slippery slopes there.
Speaker 4: And we have a sad update to a story we told you about last week. So you guys remember the grandmother that we spoke about that disappeared in Vegas. Oh yeah, yeah, So Alyssa Goods, the New York grandmother who disappeared during a Las Vegas trip. She has been found dead after missing for nearly two weeks. Yes, authorities say her body was discovered in a drainage ditch near the Las Vegas Airport. Police say surveillance video shows Goods falling down an embankment, getting back up, and then collapsing and then she did not move again. Now, when we spoke about this last week, you know, she left for CBS. Maybe there was some foul play, was what was being reported. Someone was calling from her cell phone asking her friends and family for money. But after that fall, authorities say that she wasn't seen from the street because she fell at the bottom of a slope. And her daughter now says that she had recently undergone several leg surgeries and had difficulty walking. And we're waiting on police to release the official cause of death so that when sixty three years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she looks young.
Speaker 2: She looks young.
Speaker 4: She was walking, she didn't she didn't drive, so she took the bus to CBS, and then I guess on the way she ended up going to CBS because there is video of her NCBs. The store manager remembered her. But as she was leaving, she ended up falling or collapsing. It's still unsure exactly what happened to her, and they said that she she just wasn't seen again until two days later when she was found in that drainage ditch. Story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a story.
Speaker 4: You guys may remember the former Illinois sheriff deputy who was convicted of killing Sonya and Massy in her home. He has died in prison. So Sean Grayson. He was serving a twenty year sentence for a second degree murder Macy. She was the thirty six year old black mother of two. She was in Chicago. She called nine one one for help. This happened back in twenty twenty four. Does this ring a bell at all? Yeah, you guys, absolutely, okay, absolutely, okay. Well, Grayson, he served only about six months of that sentence before his death, ended up having stage three colon cancer, which spread. He was later diagnosed with stage four rectal cancer and cancer.
Speaker 2: Of his liver and lungs.
Speaker 4: So he had asked to be released early from prison under an Illinois law that lets people with terminal cancer and other serious medical conditions get out early, but the state denied his request the unanimous vote just about three weeks ago, and his attorneys confirmed that he died yesterday and no other details have been given. So yeah, yeah, that that happened. I mean, there's a lot of heavy story, So we're going to end with a little bit of good news because this is where college dudent and parents maybe as well. So before we go, the cost of tuition, textbooks, and everything else of course that comes with college can be expensive. Of door Dash since they are offering students one way to save college parents and college students can now get one free year of student Dash pass, so that includes no delivery costs and lower service fees on eligible orders. You must verify that you are a student and sign up by October twelfth, so they're urging college students to take advantage. This could come in handy during those late night study sessions. But just remember that it will automatically renew at the student rate after a year unless you cancel.
Speaker 1: I mean that's great, but what I really need is free food.
Speaker 4: Free delivery, right, the food is still expensive?
Speaker 1: How much does door dash costs? Like, I mean, what do they wave your and your service fees?
Speaker 7: Like what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what they're saying. So on some it says eligible orders whatever that means, right, But but free delivery and some service fees on eligible orders, and you know those fees add up, right, They've got a fee for everything.
Speaker 5: So exactly I told you about this last week.
Speaker 8: I said that I already started seeing that, like doordare state they are like ten twenty dollars cheaper right now because like they're slashing prices and I see the eligible whatever thing I'm on DoorDash right now actually getting some That's how I'm actually able to see now. But I don't know what makes you eligible or not because I'm not signed up with the rewards program. But they're definitely cutting like cutting down on fees for right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that that'll be great in areas where you know, these colleges have active meal plans with like the restaurants in fast places around the area.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And I just think college general, college students in general. You know, if there's something you don't like or was late at nine cafeterias closed, you know there you go. All right, y'all, Well that is your front page. Please check out my interview with Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 2: Actually too, say, y'all looking pretty in that studio.
Speaker 7: You ain't playing no interview.
Speaker 4: I was going to play them tomorrow because there was so much news that we really needed to get through today with the power outages, and I.
Speaker 1: Knew promotion is always good. I saw that interview going viral all weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're she wanted to load us up all the stuff on a Monday.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, learning emotion. It's okay, it's a new understand.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I will be back tomorrow with all of it and what you just said.
Speaker 1: Go listen to me the interview with Javmin Crockett on her Front Page News podcast on the Black Podcast Network.
Speaker 7: But she'll play some clips of that tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. And when we come back, guys.
Speaker 7: When we come back, Cole will be joining us.
Speaker 1: He'll be here to talk season two of Average Joe, amongst other things.
Speaker 7: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Everybody is dj n V just hilarious.
Speaker 25: Charlamagne to God. We are the breakfast Club. Lawla roses here as well. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, it's Fan on right now, Ladies and gentlemen, his puble fan deal.
Speaker 1: Welcome brother.
Speaker 9: I'm good man. How you doing?
Speaker 7: But I don't think people realize manor pause is real.
Speaker 9: Man, I'll be hot.
Speaker 2: So what happens to y'all? You get high and then.
Speaker 1: With us, I don't know, I just get hirt same sometimes first after shower, man, be like.
Speaker 9: Why am I hot?
Speaker 26: I don't know what's going on, but I keep my fan with how you feeling, brother, I am good. I see your hat man. He was at the at the concert. I was there all four days, three days Sunday.
Speaker 1: Was before I went on for.
Speaker 9: A long time.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: With addressing about you, people know you funny, right, But I'm not sure people understand how serious you.
Speaker 7: Are about being an actor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you think being great at comedy has has made people slower to recognize you as a dramatic actor.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 26: The way that I look at acting, man, it's like, if you're gonna do it, you're gonna do you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna just go be a comedic actor.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 26: I just feel like, if you're gonna act, you gonna act like like a beautician.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 26: If you do black hair, you left some money on the table. If you're gonna be a beautician, do hair, do white hair, do this hispanic do hair?
Speaker 9: See, I don't think like that.
Speaker 26: I feel like, Yo, if it's if I'm gonna be a beautician, I'm gonna be a beautician. I'm not gonna be a black beautician or white beautician. I'm gonna be a beautician and I'm gonna learn how to go how to do hair all across the table, just like when they come to acting. I'm not just gonna do comedy. I want to do drama. I want to be vulnerable, I want to be funny, I want to be ill.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean.
Speaker 26: I want to play all these different characters, and all these movies that I've done, characters and or whatever, they all been different.
Speaker 25: Did I hear in an MJ movie you don King? Of course they said that you did it after it was already rapped. Yeah, how did that happen?
Speaker 9: So I was in and Kate. I was in Kate Town, South Africa.
Speaker 26: I have to shoot and shooting shooting average Joe and I heard that they were shooting the movie and I was just.
Speaker 9: Like, man, I was like, I want to eat in that so bad, you know.
Speaker 26: I was like, I was like, but you know, Coban Domingo, that's my guy. I was like, we're gonna support this Antoine food quass, my guy, King, Graham King, all.
Speaker 9: My people in there. We're gonna support it anyway.
Speaker 26: And when I came back from South Africa, I heard that they had to do the third act over and I was like while and it was like for legal reasons whatever, and I was like, I'm still not thinking nothing, but damn man, I got a call. I was like, Yo, we need you, no no antoine foot call.
Speaker 9: I want you to come get down and play like Don King.
Speaker 26: And I was like what, Like I couldn't believe it because I ain't never heard of nothing like that. They had to gather up another fifteen million to shoot that third act, you know what I mean. Yeah, and then everybody that was in the third act they had to They didn't make the movie, the people, I mean, I don't know, but they didn't make They didn't make this first one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: And so to redo it and bring.
Speaker 26: Me in was like, I was like a power of God to me, you know what I mean, Like, how can you even fathom that happening?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean? You wanted something so bad, not to the point where I was tripping.
Speaker 11: I just said it.
Speaker 9: Out loud, you know what I mean.
Speaker 26: And I was like, and that ain't even how I manifest things. I manifest things backwards, you know. I say I'm not gonna have.
Speaker 9: Nothing, and the.
Speaker 14: Like, for real, do you.
Speaker 26: I manifest things like that, Like you ever got like lose lea your phone out and you go to the bathroom and the ring. Yes, so you'll be in your mind, my mind, and this is gonna sound weird. Stick with me in the universe. I go like this, if I want my phone to ring, then I just I won't bring it in the bathroom because I know it's gonna ring.
Speaker 9: Right. Same thing.
Speaker 26: If I'm driving, listen, listen, I'm driving and I dropped my phone and I want to grab my phone, I'm gonna catch every green light because the universe ain't gonna let me grab my phone.
Speaker 2: The second one got me there. The first one I was.
Speaker 9: Stick with me.
Speaker 26: So how about if I'm late somewhere, how about if I put on my phone down the green lights, I'm gonna make all the green lights. So I try to figure out how to make that work for me.
Speaker 7: Grab your phone in the university red light.
Speaker 9: There we go.
Speaker 26: So if I throw my phone down, I'm gonna catch all the green lights and then I'm gonna make it to my place on time.
Speaker 11: You think, God hear you be like, I'm not gonna do it. He'd be like, let me just show you, yo.
Speaker 9: I just think that they go opposite.
Speaker 26: Like if you're looking for a parking space, you ain't gonna find one, right, But if you ride by your favorite store, it's gonna be all the parking spaces in the world because you wasn't even looking for one.
Speaker 9: You get what I mean? Just like when you find.
Speaker 26: Your boyfriend or whatever, you probably wasn't even looking for him, right. You know that guy that told me, Yeah, the guy that cussed me out that day, he didn't.
Speaker 7: Even cuss which one he didn't cuss, but he was mean.
Speaker 11: What happened loaded it was after the Roots picnic, Dion dm me.
Speaker 2: It was very late. It was like one AMR So he DM me, Hey you.
Speaker 11: My phone was playing the music in the cars, sitting up here on the you know, the middle part.
Speaker 2: And I don't be hard because I ain't doing name. He sees the d M. He ain't really like that.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 26: I was responding to my mother. You left me a message first saying hey you at the that pic nick, and I said something about your mother. No, you left me a tax mess saying about your mother. Wanted to say something that was I.
Speaker 11: Wasn't just those those d ms about my mom was up.
Speaker 2: It was like a month ago.
Speaker 9: That's what I saw.
Speaker 11: That's why he was upset because the ones my he knows my mom as if it is.
Speaker 9: Why am I I'm not hitting you up, like y'all what up girl?
Speaker 14: What's happening?
Speaker 1: And what we on?
Speaker 11: What you're doings about my mom were April twenty second, that hey you was May thirty first, at twelve eleven, am we ever even had any And I said that, but I think he didn't like it.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have that kind of insecurity because of your line of work.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes and no. I think he understands my line of work.
Speaker 11: But at twelve one, am just saying hey you with no context.
Speaker 26: And I was like, but listen, we are out at the Roots picnic.
Speaker 2: I just know you saw me at the room.
Speaker 26: So we so we lead a Root's picnic and everybody out kicking it, everybody somewhere, everybody hanging out.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: I think but if you had said hey, where you headed after?
Speaker 1: I know your man was giving you know I'm not on that.
Speaker 2: I know that he don't know you.
Speaker 7: When I walked up.
Speaker 9: To you, I was like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 2: I said, I was hitting.
Speaker 26: You find out what was going on, and he was like, yeah, I know you had us something like that, and I was like this, no, I think I was like I said, I said, I said, I hit you and he was like, yeah, I know it was like that, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, I don't think that that's for me. I think after after twelve on a.
Speaker 26: Little But if we're out at the roots picnic and I don't know that you're with your man and I'm going there and I know you know what's popping and I'm going, but I think so I shouldn't hit you at one if we the I.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know you saw me.
Speaker 26: You you're going up, and also with your guy. Let your guy know I like vintage pieces, you know, like I only mess with women that text me good night at six o'clock. Them the women I mess with. Everybody know this, this is what it is. Let your man know. I think he's a great guy. I just don't, you know, I don't let him.
Speaker 1: Know that I wasn't.
Speaker 9: I wasn't on that.
Speaker 1: By the way, you're Lauren Lorossa, You're the entertainment girl was going on.
Speaker 11: But I do think that every now and then, it's like, because there have been circumstances where the hey you is not about where you headed.
Speaker 9: It's like, have I ever came off like that?
Speaker 1: But there have.
Speaker 11: Been other people who have also have never came off to me like that, And now it's like like it's happening, Like those things do happen.
Speaker 22: Because he just said he.
Speaker 11: Wanted an prior to that was about my mom.
Speaker 26: So but what did you what did you say about you? You was like my mom wanted to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, my mom sent him a voice note. She she loves the But I do think here's what I'm saying, then we should move on. I do think that.
Speaker 11: What I learned from this situation is I need to immediately follow up, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Is news breaking?
Speaker 7: Basically, man boom, simple as that.
Speaker 1: I heard you say that the first season of Average Joe was difficult because you've never been to lead before.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I mean, being number one on the call sheet, man.
Speaker 9: Is it takes all your It takes everything.
Speaker 26: You can't DJ, you can't do crimedy, you can't be hanging out.
Speaker 9: You can't do nothing.
Speaker 26: You gotta you gotta be there, and you gotta not only perform, but you also have to make sure that everybody else is straight too, you know what I mean. And so it was very difficult being number one on the sheet because I was still trying to do everything else and I was coming in and sleep tired, and yeah, to make those adjustments, it was something else.
Speaker 1: So it's being the star more responsibility than privilege.
Speaker 26: Yeah, absolutely, there is way more responsibility because you ain't just dealing with your problems, You're dealing with everybody's problems.
Speaker 9: You want to make sure everybody's cool. You want to make sure your.
Speaker 26: Cast is straight and that they, you know, are on all cylinders when they performing or whatever.
Speaker 9: You know, so you do what you can or whatever.
Speaker 26: And this this season of Average Joe, I was able to I was blessed to be executive producer on this. So now I'm even I can I can help out even more with people and whatever issues they have, you know, on the show when we was when we were shooting at.
Speaker 1: That's even responsibility. Now you got ownership of what the show actually beheld.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 26: So yeah, it's just it's just making sure if everybody comfortable, then we're gonna get the best results, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, it's carrying the whole show less fun because you you the guy that will come in, steal some scenes and be out.
Speaker 26: Like, yeah, that's how That's how I always did everything.
Speaker 9: But yeah, now, but.
Speaker 26: The but the beauty about the Average Joe is that it don't fall on me like that. You know, I got a wonderful cast, uh, Malcolm Barrett, it's funny as hell. I'm I'm Michael Trucco and Cynthia McKay Williams, the all phenomenal actors, and you know, all of that falls on them.
Speaker 9: I remember Tom.
Speaker 26: Hanks saying this one time, and I added into my life. He was like, I just surround my he said, I'm surround myself around amazing people and it make it look like I'm amazing. So that was basically what the you know, what the formula was, you know, the grab these people and be amazing and hopefully just hang in there with them or whatever. So yeah, so and and I appreciate everybody watching watching the show too.
Speaker 1: Man, what was the decision you made on average Joe that that that that you was an actor wouldn't have made maybe you know, ten years ago.
Speaker 26: Learning that my problems people watching the show. Don't know about my problems, you know what I mean? That role is your role when that camera's on. Don't nobody care nothing else you got going on?
Speaker 9: And the first.
Speaker 26: Season I thought that, you know, I got fired the first season the first the first day, first day on the set, what but not showing up on time? Yeah, I went to the wrong place. They gave me a rental car, and I'm like, if you wanted me there, go out of car service, so you shouldn't be a blaming me. So they was like they was getting to know me, and they was like, we don't know if he gonna do.
Speaker 9: This all the time. Is he on drugs, on alcoholics?
Speaker 7: Let's just nip this in the.
Speaker 9: Bud right now?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 9: I was like, I'll be like a hour late, but I didn't know why I was going. I went.
Speaker 26: I went to the to this other place rather than where they was having the table reread.
Speaker 9: And I was like across town.
Speaker 26: So it took like another hour to get there, and they and they had like the network on zoom and there was a whole bunch of it. So it was crazy. But I thought I was going to the studio. I didn't know I was going to some hotel that that they had, and so you know, they was just like, yeah, nah, I think we should replace some or whatever. So I was angry the whole first five episodes average Joe, Like, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, how'd you get it back? They actually know what I'm saying. They actually fired you and then got back.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 26: So my people talk to they people, and they was like, yo, everybody relaxed, let's talk. They was like, he know the lawns, you know everything, y'all might as well just use him.
Speaker 9: He's not like that.
Speaker 26: There was like we'll give him one more chance and all this, and I was like, all right, So now I'm now I got an attitude because I'm like, how dare you get mad at me for not being here?
Speaker 9: And now you tell me I got one more chance.
Speaker 26: So every day on set, Dog, I would do my scene and I would sit down and I speak to nobody, just chilling, arms folded, like not worried about nobody's nothing, you know what I mean. And then around that fifth episode that's when I got that information, which is, you know, they don't care what you how you feel.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, You're doing your job.
Speaker 26: That's all they want to do your job with that camera, and people watching this don't care.
Speaker 9: And you you're looking crazy right now.
Speaker 26: So like, yo, like, buckle down, stop being emotional and get to work.
Speaker 7: So how do you get over? How do you decide?
Speaker 9: Let me stop playing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 9: I did just that.
Speaker 26: I just was like, man, I just sat back and was like, let me focus on this. Me being angry, I'm looking weird, I look like a princess, and let me just chill focus on this. And I did, and and and and the rest of the season became what it was. And then this season we just in the pocket, we zoning out. Everybody comfortable. I'm not dealing with a whole bunch of this. That and the third I'm worried about getting fired. And man, we just are cylinders on this season and.
Speaker 7: You growing up three.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're filming right now. That's crazy, filming right now out here. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 26: You be coming with Adam Sandler friends. He only put his friends in movie saying I'm not a fad You know what? Every time I saw Adam, right, I would see Adam. Every time I seen him, I will always go, what's up Adam?
Speaker 9: And he would always be like.
Speaker 26: Man, man, you funny as hell. Man, how you doing. I'm like, I'm good man. He always be like, man, that's what's up.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 9: I'd be like, man, we're gonna work together one day. He'd be like yeah.
Speaker 26: I always say that to him for years. Recently, we was at the Netflix. They have this big comedian see picture Yeah, yeah, So we at that and I saw him and I was just like, hey, man, what's up. And he was like, we did the same dance. You know, Man, we work together one day, but this day he was just like he we shul and he just kind of looked and then that was it. Next thing, I know, I got this call and it was like, man, you want you to come rock with them? And I was like, was like yeah, And I was just about to shoot my new special to. I was like gearing up, like about to shoot it, and I had to put it on the back burner to go get down, you know, with this legendary cast man and you know, sell my Hyak and Chris Rock and Mike Rudolph.
Speaker 9: And Kevin James.
Speaker 26: What I'm saying, just go over there and just you know, pay ping pong with them and just go over there, just go back and forth with them.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: It's like, man, it's like a dream come true.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 9: And you know, I've had the privilege of working with.
Speaker 26: Some legendary casts, you know, and this is just, you know, another testament to that.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you, you hold the NBA ADP Awards, how bad did the balls get.
Speaker 7: On your ass?
Speaker 9: After you made they went as.
Speaker 26: They not like they was, but they was like talking about my mama and man like the.
Speaker 1: C I was like, what I could have told you that. I heard you say that joke.
Speaker 7: I said, oh, here, for long.
Speaker 9: I didn't believe it.
Speaker 26: I was like, so I was like, man, let me give my vintage ladies, take them to sleep. And I got my kids, like, we can't be fighting. And I was like, I gotta get fan base like this though, but nah, they was like.
Speaker 9: I could not believe that. And then other people were telling me.
Speaker 2: They was like, you never heard about how they going to do it with this?
Speaker 9: You don't until you live it, You going, oh wow.
Speaker 26: I went to a gas station the next day after that and and the chick wouldn't get me gas no way.
Speaker 9: I pulled up to the.
Speaker 26: Gas station, she said, we ain't got our delivery on gas yet.
Speaker 9: I was like, a dude, just pump gas and full dogs. She was like, yeah, I ain't got them, gay, I can think. I was like, Yo, wait a minute, but Yo, it was crazy to retch. People was after me. They were saying that.
Speaker 26: Because the what is it? The Michael B. Jordan's thing at bathfor They never apologized to them. So yeah, so I did a joke on it, and they was coming at me like said, if.
Speaker 11: There are any white men in the room with I advise you to tell them to read the room. It might not go the way they think it.
Speaker 7: I think that good advice.
Speaker 26: But they was like, yeah, Dion needs to apologize. And I was like, first of all, y'all apologize to y'all viewers. Y'all never apologized to Michael B. Jordan's or del Roy Lindell.
Speaker 9: These are like our top shelf negroes. You know what I mean.
Speaker 26: You can't just talk to them any kind of ways, you know what I mean. This ain't like Soldier Boy or ray Ja. This is del Roy Lindell.
Speaker 2: You ain't never heard about.
Speaker 26: Sorry, No, No, I think Rag and So Boy is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: That you about to get a soldier boy.
Speaker 26: And I'm sorry, Yeah, the box raging.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna be online screaming at you.
Speaker 9: No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry boy.
Speaker 1: Well he got top shelfing in the well, bottom shelf.
Speaker 5: Bottom.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry. Look listen, listen, I'm trying to say something.
Speaker 26: They they did not apologize to them, and I was like, yo, I'm not apologizing you until you apologize to them. And they still haven't apologized to them. So I stayed ten toes down and was like, you know, this is how I feel, and you.
Speaker 7: Know, especially being could have edited it out.
Speaker 9: They couldn't edited out, and they did not.
Speaker 26: They let it ride, and it's like, all right, you know we're gonna stand on ours too, you know what I mean? Like like I say, don't go over there no more. I mean not go over there but the bath, like man, until they apologize, because they still haven't.
Speaker 9: You know that's weird.
Speaker 2: Have you not praying for Nick? No more?
Speaker 9: I pray for you.
Speaker 2: Won't do it no more?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm done. Yeah, that was that was crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 19: Hell.
Speaker 9: I was like, I can't, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: The Only good thing about it now is you can trace those people now like they used to could parash you and not deal with no consequences.
Speaker 7: If you want to, you can.
Speaker 1: Find out who's behind them phone calls and them tweets and all of that.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 26: Oh yeah, absolutely, I came here. I don't even know where to begin to do that.
Speaker 9: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Find the worst one, find the worst one, and and and put some put put an investigation.
Speaker 26: On Davis on that month saying that ls I was like, wow, they came at y'all too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course over the years a man.
Speaker 9: Has anybody ever scared y'all? Be honest, No, nobody.
Speaker 1: Once I do this, it don't even matter.
Speaker 2: You don't scared.
Speaker 9: Somebody scared. Somebody scared me for him.
Speaker 25: Okay, when when when the President mentioned his name, I was like, they're gonna they're definitely gonna random search and pat his ass down every time.
Speaker 9: You yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that. You weren't scared of that.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 26: I was been little nervous, you know, when you first read it, you're like, oh, then it's just like that's what he do.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's a person that does that. It's like fifty cent getting at you. Like you're like, oh, they go fifty on my head. But that's what fifty does.
Speaker 2: But government attacks from the president that's different.
Speaker 1: I definitely tweet.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I definitely don't type oftff I thought they would do on your last I definitely did tweet.
Speaker 7: I never had no problem not gonna after one schedule.
Speaker 26: I ain't ever witnessed nothing like that. I ain't had nobody to go. It was attacking him all the time. Really, what they used to go crazy that mama is crazy?
Speaker 1: Like I remember that one was like, Yeah.
Speaker 9: We're gonna dig her up and we're gonna group and we're gonna I.
Speaker 7: Was like this joke.
Speaker 2: It lasted for a week, man, not.
Speaker 26: Last three weeks, like a month, that's what was going on.
Speaker 9: I was like, this is crazy, Like oh what oh, and I can't get gassed?
Speaker 2: You are you blocked on her Instagram and Twitter?
Speaker 9: Did she block me? I don't know. I have no idea. I never even looked to even see it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, you know, do you ever laugh? In my last question, do you ever laugh when people describe you like you just got here, like you ain't been out here working for.
Speaker 26: It's so crazy people everything People be like oh who is that, or they'd be like, oh, it's this guy, Like yeah, they be actually don't be remembering anything that I probably did.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 26: I'm like I got like ten naacpew us two Emmy nominations, like all these things, you know.
Speaker 9: And I've been around for a while, wrote for late night television.
Speaker 26: I've been on three syndicated TV shows.
Speaker 9: It's still airing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 26: Like it's people still be like, oh, that's those spice dude.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 26: But but it's all love because everybody know me for every for different things, and you know it's just you in this game.
Speaker 9: Man, it never end. You just keep on throwing and keep it going, you know what I mean.
Speaker 26: And make sure y'all check out Average Jege on pair of Mount Plus. Please run this up, man, that promotion we we need all the promotion we can. Man, Please go tell somebody because the promotion we need.
Speaker 9: Y'all help. If you love the show, go see it, check it out, run it up. Please, thank you so much. But there you have it.
Speaker 5: It's Dion Cole.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Deon Cole for pulling up Season two of Average Joe was on Paramount Plus right now and it's time for the latest with Laura L Rossa. What you particularly of bringing the energy to mainstream radio, the black radio sources.
Speaker 2: Trust, I'm the homegrownd that knows a little bit about everything and everything.
Speaker 7: To you, having the latest anything else. You ask the questions that need to be on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: The little Brown girls look at you and go I want to be like you. Oh, guys, we have some more sad news. I know.
Speaker 11: Actor Michael Wright, who played Eddie King Junior or Eddie Kane Junior and the Five Heartbeats movie passed away over the weekend. Well he was seventy years old. Well we found out because his family released the information over the weekend. But he had actually passed away in La last Wednesday. According to his family, he suffered heart failure coupled with complications of a rare degenerative disease. He's called Mark I'm not going to get this right March of five via bignam Me.
Speaker 7: It's a what that is?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's a very rare disease that deals with something with the brain and like things not forming well in the brain.
Speaker 2: It stems from other issues.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know, but but yeah, yeah, but he passed away over he passed away his family let us know that. Over the weekend, so people you know, were pouring out tributes to him, and I saw a lot of people reposting, you know, certain scenes from Five Heartbeats over the weekend. I saw Robert Townsend also posts about how great of a you know person in the friend he was as well to rest in peace.
Speaker 8: And I actually got to work with him when I did the sitcom Rail He actually played Roll would always have like a og come and do each episode or whatever, you know what I mean, And so I got to work with him and he drops some.
Speaker 5: Really really great jewels. Love love, love, love love him.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you something else it was.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was until we interviewed Robert Townsend years agoing to Breakfast Club that I realized the Five Heartbeats wasn't even a real group a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people.
Speaker 11: I thought that they were real until I've said, I saw him in interviews saying that they weren't. I thought that I was watching a documentary about a group, like how they made documentary, but you know, they made the New biopic Okay, yeah, like the New Audition movie. Like I thought it was like that until I saw them do interviews, and I was.
Speaker 8: Like, wait, this wasn't even a real group. Yeah, because I was singing there songs and the other thing I remember watching around the house like five Bees better than the Temptations, and my mother like, shut up because they're not even real you know what I mean? Didn't know that. But sugar Hill was also one of my favorite movies. Oh yeah, that's a black horror movie too, because it was so sad. But I really really enjoyed him in that role. Him and Wesley snaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest in peace.
Speaker 11: Yes, all right, Well we're gonna go to the West coast to stay on the West coast a bit because the Game. He has been celebrating the documentary three album that we talked a little bit about.
Speaker 1: On Friday, right album. One thing about that guy, the Game, He can make some good ass music.
Speaker 2: You're giving it ten out of ten? You ready to review?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 5: What the Who's heid dad.
Speaker 4: Do that?
Speaker 1: In this world?
Speaker 22: Because well there are.
Speaker 7: When you never hear that sound on the factory.
Speaker 1: That's such a reflection in the world we live.
Speaker 11: You are a commentator who reviews everything and talks about everything.
Speaker 2: People want to hear your extreme.
Speaker 11: Because I know if anybody really listened to the album, you really listen.
Speaker 7: This is a good album, all right.
Speaker 11: Well, the documentary Documentary three, according to a few hip hop sites that I saw over the weekend, earned one point six one million streams and it's opening day on Spotify. I got that from a hip hop all day, so it's.
Speaker 2: Doing well all day, all day.
Speaker 11: But at the game, he over the weekend had a release party.
Speaker 2: He also give his daughter and made back for her birthday.
Speaker 11: But he had a release party for the documentary three, and he made some comments about some things that are going viral. We're going to talk about it a bit, so let's take a listen to the game talking about Kendrick in Black Sam, I'll put a knick.
Speaker 17: In places that I wanted to be in that I wish to me And I didn't rest with the top dog.
Speaker 14: Wanted to give me half a TV to Wall Street. This little boy and want to send the name. He didn't drive, bigger than bigger than the other thing, and.
Speaker 5: Ahead, so I got in love with him.
Speaker 14: When this Drake came in the game, he adapted to the home play. We got close. Drake is home. My album's way back. I'm not Lina type. I don't fly fly with my friends.
Speaker 25: I called fans with my own homies to take this on too, but I can't consider they get in touch with Black Sam and hollering him I don't understand me.
Speaker 20: I'll put Kiddrinck on his first Miss Teddy, I show I can't drinking that, but mother, but I can't get.
Speaker 19: On the phone call.
Speaker 2: There ain't no hope.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna just let you know they're they're gonna steady so you can get it from my post.
Speaker 1: Top Dog.
Speaker 20: I can call on the phone and everybody knows, and I ain't hold my tongue for.
Speaker 1: Nobody say what I'm wanna say?
Speaker 7: What did I just hear?
Speaker 8: So he got a problem with h Black Sam, Kendrick and tap Dog Law now talk from t.
Speaker 5: He was saying the top Dog and I know top.
Speaker 11: Dog the game was saying that he can get top Dog on the phone, and that dates back for some time. But he's saying that like if he picks up the phone and calls Black Sam, the brother of Nipsey Hustle Black saying on in to the phone, and he can't call Kendrick Lamar on the phone because you know when this project dropped. A lot of people were pointing to the fact that there were a couple of songs on there where he is standing up for Drake essentially, and people feel like he should be drawing a line in the sand because the whole West Coast and Kendrick Lamar. Yeah, but you know, there's been I don't know, there's been conversation around like what him and Kendrick Lamar's relationship is or is not for some time.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people point to that the song that.
Speaker 11: Drake and the Game dropped one hundred yes, and say that that was like the beginning of Kendrick Lamar distancing himself from the game as West Coast artists, because Drake threw some shots at Kendrick Lamar on that song and they were in comptent symbol video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drake was in the video.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he's talking about like, you know, people saying I'm throwing shots, So I got something to say, but I'm here speaking for myself. He was essentially, I think, trying to clear it up and say where things are. But it picked up as if like, Okay, well you guys just on fool with each other.
Speaker 1: Remember we were having that conversation about the game and where the game stands and music, and all of us were.
Speaker 7: Saying, how great game raps.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's true, we know game raps ass off from no game makes great music. But then it's always stuff like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that distracts from the actual art, like because he didn't have to tell us what speak And then then from a conversation.
Speaker 2: Answer the text from album, you know what they did shout out to us.
Speaker 11: I think it was Blair from TMZ did an interview with Game outside of the the documentary release party and they asked him about where you throwing shots at Kendrick and he said, Yo, just listen to the album. If you listen to the full album, you'll know where I stand with everything. I thought that was such a great response, but then inside of the party this, yeah.
Speaker 7: We're talking about everything but the music, right, it has a.
Speaker 5: Few drinks and a few drinks. That's up, yo.
Speaker 11: That video of the game at the versus where he's doing like the arm thing, that's the latest for the Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, when we come back, Donkey of to Day and I need enis cant freedom to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 7: We like to have a world with him. Police.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club. It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 7: There's a bunch of donkeys here.
Speaker 1: Donkey of the day.
Speaker 2: It really caught me off.
Speaker 1: Guards. We live a life where we might are tongue based off who we may have fined.
Speaker 7: You never would say any time you are a donkey.
Speaker 2: That is why Charlamagne is here.
Speaker 7: Some donkey today is just saw themselves on the breakfast club. Okay, Charlawage, we can give a Donkey of the day too today.
Speaker 1: Well, Donkey of Today for Monday, August twenty fourth goes to the former NBA player Enis Cantor Freedom.
Speaker 7: Oh what a sucker he is?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you haven't heard, yesterday, Enis cant Freedom got escorted out of the Chicago in the Navieva game after getting into a verbal confrontation with Chicago sky guard Natasha Cloud dropping a clue bonds Natasha Cloud. If you haven't heard, Inis recently announced that he identifies as a woman and intended to enter the twenty twenty seven w NBA draft.
Speaker 10: Can we hear that after careful concenteration and reviewing the current eligibility guidelines I am officially declaring myself a WNBA prospect. If simply declaring who you are is all that's required, then I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the WNBA. My Tim and I have carefully examined the WNBA's eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion. Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in May twenty seven. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or to suspect any community or personal choices. I am simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everyone, the rules that represent the very values many the WNBA players and coaches have publicly advocated for. Mike, Tim and I are prepared to ensure these guidelines are applied equally, consistently and redot exception, and I look forward to the WNBA honoring its stated principles.
Speaker 1: So yesterday, he was sitting courtside at the game, trolling okay, the women playing, mocking the women playing, wearing a shirt that said women noun adult human female. Natasha Cloud apparently saw the shirt hatch words for and it's hatched words back and during the exchange, and It's got up and briefly stepped onto the court before security intervened and eventually escorted him out of the building. Do we have some audio from net?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Go to see Ann for report please.
Speaker 27: NBA center Ennis Kantor Freedom was ejected from a WNBA game between the Indiana Fever and the Chicago Sky after a confrontation with a player. Freedom was on the sidelines wearing a shirt that said quote woman noun adult human.
Speaker 5: Female.
Speaker 27: Skyguard Natasha Cloud confronted Freedom late into the third quarter, and he was then escorted from the arena. Freedom had a conversation with a group of police officers before leaving the stadium. Freedom had previously declared himself eligible for the WNBA this month, saying he identifies as a woman in a criticism of WNBA's eligibility criteria.
Speaker 1: Now, before anybody starts screaming about politics or transgender rights, women's rights, whatever side of the coach war, you woke up ready to fight for on this Monday morning, understand something. I'm not giving inn his can to Freedom donkey of today because he believes biological males shouldn't compete against biological females.
Speaker 7: In women's sports. I agree with him on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not even a debate for me, and I just think it's pointless to argue when you know it's only being used as a distraction because the midterms are right around the corner and Republicans can't win on policies, so they would rather drag people into another stupid culture war to debate so they can claim to be the Party of common sense and Dems the party of people who don't know if men can have.
Speaker 7: Babies or matter.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm giving in his donkey today because this guy I has somehow decided that the best way to protect women's basketball is to disrupt women's basketball.
Speaker 7: Okay, you Inns.
Speaker 1: Have become what you claim to hate, because I.
Speaker 7: Haven't seen anyone threaten women's basketball more than you.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think those women felt safe with your big sixteen ass out there trolling them and then had the nerve to stand up and act like you was about to step to one of them. Make that make sense to me? Okay, See, isn't just expressing an opinion anymore. This man declared himself eligible for the twenty twenty seven WNBA draft, saying he identifies as a woman as part of his protests against the league's transgender eligibility rules. Meanwhile, in the WNBA, there are currently no immediate eligibility matters affecting their league. Okay. Basically, ain't no transgender women trying to take your job in the WNBA right now? That is not happening, Okay. No transgenders are out here, like, let me suit up. So people like Innis are protesting are hypothetical. There are no biological males playing in the WNBA that we know, Okay, there are no biological males trying to play in the WNBA except for you. So therefore, in if you are actually the problem, but what you're protesting is a hypothetical innes you have called nine to one one screaming about a five alarm fire that isn't happening, okay, And that's what is fake. Doing anything for attention, activism turns into something else because there's a difference between raising awareness about something you believe could become a problem and manufacturing a spectacle around a hypothetical problem. Because the spectacle gets you attention, okay, and that's all you are doing is performance art, and I need you to get off the stage because your show sucks. All right, First you declare yourself a woman, Then you declare for the WNBA draft. Then you start talking about recruiting other men to declare for the WNBA draft. Then you show up court side at a WNBA game wearing a shirt you know is going to provoke a reaction. Then you get into an argument with an actual WNBA player during the game, take a step towards the court like you were going to do something to those ladies, and then you get escorted out. There should be a lifetime band of all WNBA games issues today by Kathy Engelbert for Ennis, but she won't because she doesn't do many things that make sense. Oh, okay, she's actually a trans commissioner because she identifies as a commissioner, but clearly that's not what she was born to do. Then Ennis has the nerve to say he got kicked out for supporting women. No, sir, you didn't get removed simply because you believe something. You got kicked out for intentionally disrupting a woman's basketball game. They didn't kick you out for your beliefs. It kicked you out after your protests turned into a confrontation.
Speaker 7: Those are not the same things, and it's scant of freedom of all.
Speaker 1: People should understand that because freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.
Speaker 7: I tell you that all the time.
Speaker 1: Freedom means you're allowed to wear the shirt, but freedom also means Nataja Cloude is allowed to tell you exactly what she thinks about the shirt. Freedom means the WNBA is allowed to disagree with you, and freedom means Arena security can tell you're six foot ten hass sir, we're gonna need you to leave because you don't know how to freaking act. All right, Freedom doesn't mean everybody have to tolerate whatever you decide to do. And here's the part that really bothers me. In his Canta freedom has actually demonstrated real courage in his life. Okay, this is a man who's spoken publicly against authoritarian governments. He's criticized the Turkish president, he's spoken about human rights abuses, he's dealt with consequences involving his ability to travel, okay, and his relationship with his home country. So Innis knows what actual political repression looks like, which means he should damn sure know the difference between government persecution and arena security. All Right, everything that happens to you, okay, because everything that happens to you often happens beca. Doesn't this happen because somebody doesn't like you? Okay, it doesn't. It happens because what you're doing is just wrong, all right? And sometimes you're just getting put out because your so called activism becomes more about you than the people you're supposedly advocating for. All Right, you've lost the plot, all right. He says he's doing all of this because he wants to protect women. Yeah, so you go into a space built around women, a league played by women, a workplace where women are doing their jobs, and you create a situation where one of the women playing basketball ends up arguing with you. And now the headline coming out of the game isn't about the women's basketball game, It's about.
Speaker 7: You in this Canta freedom. Okay?
Speaker 1: How did protecting women become making yourself the main character in women's spaces?
Speaker 7: That's what I don't understand, all right.
Speaker 1: You don't protect women's spaces by walking into women's spaces and making the whole damn space about you. Okay, please give in this canta freedom the biggest y hull. If you have to manufacture the crisis you're warning everybody about.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: If your activism requires you to manufacture the vary crisis you claim to be fighting against, then you're not raising awareness to a problem. You actually are the problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's stupid, He's the problem.
Speaker 7: Now what y'all want to talk about? Y'all was talking abo something earlier.
Speaker 8: Parents, parents and whether or not you are responsible or obligated you know, to take care of them after having a guess a tumultuous upbringing because of them or what you know, dysfunction and toxicity in the household.
Speaker 1: And where did this come from?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 1: It was something front page news, right, Lauren?
Speaker 7: Where you get this story from?
Speaker 1: Lauren?
Speaker 11: I've just seen the conversation online. I think I saw the Jazmine brand post it. Actually, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like me MEI do we. I feel like somebody talked about something to day that kind of went into the I don't.
Speaker 1: Know and say it again, it's the are you obligated to take care of your parents?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like just in general, whether after you had a bad upbringing?
Speaker 8: Reason for Yeah, if they're the reason for you know, the toxic environment or the toxic traits that you have abuse.
Speaker 5: Mental abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, whatever.
Speaker 8: Because they're your parents, are you still obligated to take care of them when they can't do for themselves?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's the question. One hundred and five A five one oh five to one. Are you obligated to take care of your parents if your upbringing wasn't the.
Speaker 5: Best because of them? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the World's most dangerous Want to show the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 7: Call us right.
Speaker 26: Now, it's topic time called eight hundred five A five one oh five one to join into the discussion.
Speaker 1: With the Breakfast Club. Yes, it's the World's most Dangerous. Morning to show the Breakfast Club. Dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne to God and Envy is on vacation this week. Ll coolbas here Lauren Larssa and Lauren's talking about being lonely this morning.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not talking about paying lone this morning.
Speaker 5: She was talking about we were talking about parents. Yeah, we were.
Speaker 11: We were talking about taking responsibility for your parents and parents and or not.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I just because you were talking about you know, whenever you talk about your father, And I don't like to talk about your father no more because I know he doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't like the jokes.
Speaker 7: I don't think that you should be talking about him like that anymore.
Speaker 11: I think I can speak to my experience, and I think I'm as respectful as I can be.
Speaker 7: I'm very respectful reason being lonely because I know whenever you talking about.
Speaker 11: I wasn't my mother and my grandmother gay gay had I had an amazing childhood.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that dad was supposed to be there.
Speaker 7: Got you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Until sorry, Jess, go ahead.
Speaker 1: But the topic is, are you obligated to take care of your parents as they get older if your upbringing wasn't the best? And Lauren, you specifically earlier said.
Speaker 11: Abuse, Yes, but people deemed different things as abuse, right, Like there is mental abuse, which could be you know, whether it's like words or different actions or different things that you deem have like messed up your mental well being, physical abuse, or just like a toxic, unstable or unconsistent. I realized as I got older that, like people, not being consistent in your life could also have an effect on you as well too. Like I really put a lot of things to the back burner with my relationship with my dad because I just was like, you know, he human, like things happen. But when I got around people who are very consistent as fathers, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you don't know what you literally don't know because even having a stepdad is like it's different because it's not my dad.
Speaker 1: But you said you would take care of your father if it.
Speaker 2: Was down to like he had nobody else.
Speaker 11: I would, but that's just because my heart wouldn't allow me to know that, like this person is out there that don't have nobody, and even though he wasn't perfect, I mean I probably wouldn't do it as much as I do for my mom and my grandma, but I would try and at least make sure that, like I could sleep at night knowing like, well I tried, Like, and that has nothing to do with him being your father.
Speaker 2: You would just do that for a random person. No, I wouldn't do it for a random person.
Speaker 11: I think it does have a lot to do with him being my father, but I think that that was I think it's a pro and a coon like my grandmother always has to me, you only get one mother, you only get one father, And I think that it is allowed myself, Like I've subjected myself to a lot of like, if I'm being unwrit I said, right, I've subjected myself to a lot of like stuff that I feel like I shouldn't have had to just in conversation with my dad, And he probably feels like vice versa because we've both been angry with each other. But it's because it's my dad. I'm always willing to like try, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's why this conversation is. It's not a one size fits all conversation because everybody's experiences with their parents are different.
Speaker 7: There's no rule that says.
Speaker 1: You have to take care of a person because they were your parent. I know the Bible is honor thy father and thy mother, but what if that father and thy mother didn't honor you for whatever reason growing up?
Speaker 7: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: Because they say do not provoke the child for the parents, I think it's something like you don't provoke the child, okay, quoting Oh listen, I grew up one the Bibles. I wasn't Jehovah's witness nothing like that. Like I was very much in the church.
Speaker 7: You can't even quote the scripture, you know, the real scripture.
Speaker 2: Don't provoke their parents all that.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey, Monica?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 20: I wasn't good Chaloman?
Speaker 1: What's happening? We haven't a who? Yes, let's talk about the topic this morning.
Speaker 19: The topic, all.
Speaker 20: Right, So short answer, right, it's a yes for me because of my story. I'm forty three years old, originally from Pan Antonio, Texas. I live in Sandville now due to the military. But my parents were junior high school sweethearts and they had their first challenge at seventeen, still in high school. It was my older sister, and then they had eight ten years later. But the marriage was like crazy the whole time.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 20: My dad was an alcoholic a the president. He wouldn't get help, but you know, he worked hard, and my mom stopped by him and so she passed away. But they ended up divorcing when I was sixteen, and my dad was like, uh, he was a he wasn't like a president.
Speaker 19: Dad.
Speaker 20: He was still stand office and you know, he was around, but he really wasn't like hands along with his daughters and what I mean by that is like, see my parents divorce when I was sixteen, and when I graduated from high school, he had already remarried and he showed up and like I saw him for like a slit second.
Speaker 18: And then he was like gone.
Speaker 20: And then when I joined the military, I had bought him a ticket to come out to like my first major promotion, and he didn't show up, Like I come on his wife and she was like baby, he didn't get on the plane. And so right then I had wanted start like write him off.
Speaker 16: Me and my sister.
Speaker 20: We always send him cards for Father's Day even though he wasn't present, but he like he just didn't give us what we needed. And then I asked my pastor. I was like, hey, like what are we supposed to do? And he was like, just honor your father and mother like in a way that we were okay with, and that would be like pleasing to guy. So I kind of checked that, but I just talked to him, and like he got really really sick and he had me lifted as an emergency point of contact. Mind you, I hadn't talked to this man in like five years.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 20: And they called me. They called me and like it was like, without a question, I went and got him but a flight. I like tacked up his suitcase and I took him home with me. I didn't know what I was gonna do with him, but I took him and I kept him for three and a half years, and then I had the PCs and then he had stage four cancer. We learned he had stage four cancer. My sister took over and she kept him the last three years until he died in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it just sounds like, you know, you you've treated him better than he ever treated you.
Speaker 5: Infe I can say that.
Speaker 20: And it was kind of crazy because because my kids got to see him. I have three boys, and they got to see him like getting his last agent. You know, they were a little scary because he was still trying to drink, but after they got to know him.
Speaker 11: See, that's the thing I think about too all the time, is like with when I have kids, because I know, even with Kelly Rowland, she talked about how like reconnecting with her father after she had her son was like important to her.
Speaker 2: I always wondered to like, am I gonna.
Speaker 11: Wanna wish I had done things differently with my dad once I have kids, and like, if something were to happen to him, how do I talk to my kids about what I did or did not do like that whole thing, Like that's a whole other.
Speaker 5: Level of it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, But that's all that's up to your discretion, Like if you really want that's see, that's all I do, is you see how to call it? Like her father was not there. He was nonchalant, never really too interactive with his kids. He wasn't engaging at all. But she came running as soon as he still listed her one of his kids we ain't even have a good relationship with as one of his emergency contacts, and she came running because she's still a part of her She didn't say this, but a part of her still longed for that that that connection with her father, and he never gave her that.
Speaker 1: She's on the fr Oh, now, I agree what you just said is the key. It's up to you, Like regardless of how your parents treated you, good are bad, it's up to you as as an adult to make the decision on whether or not you want to show up for them. That's why I said It's not a one size fits all conversation, but one hundred and five eight five one oh five to one call us right now, are you obligated to take care of your parents when they get older if they didn't treat you right growing up? We'll discuss it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: It's topic.
Speaker 24: Times called eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it. Yes, it's the world's most dangerous. Want to show the Breakfast Club? Dj NB just hilarious. Charlamagne the God NVA is on vacation right now. Laura Larosa's head o llll kool Bay and we're having a discussion. The topic is, are you obligated to take care of your parents even if your upbringing as a child wasn't wasn't the best.
Speaker 7: Let's go to the phones. Good morning, Who's this? Why are you losing it?
Speaker 18: I believe I made it to the show Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Topic. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 18: I have emotion about that too because it hits. It resonates with me so much. But I have been listening to Brothers Club since I came back from deployment in Japan, and I have always tried to get on this show. I lived in Virginia. I'm now in Jacksonville, Florida, from Georgia. I can't believe I'm on here.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We appreciate your listenership. Let's talk about the topic. Are you obligated to take care of your parents even if you are bringing with her the best?
Speaker 18: I agree, I think you should, but it's at a certain level. And so what I mean by that is I was telling them that my grandmother raised me because my mom had me when she was sixteen. My mom was very abusive and she had two younger children as well. So I have two younger siblings, right, and so I always had to care for them, take care of them if they messed up. I was that child that got the worst, you know, punishment for it.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 18: My mom would leave us go clubbing at night, and I think I was probably about six or eight. My brother and sister are four or five years younger than me, and I had to watch them. So my grandmother just whenever my mom was abusive, she would pulled me out of the house. This was during a time where you know, nobody called child protecting services. They would just take you, right and my grandmother would just take me, and it would hurt me to take me away from my brother and sister because I knew I was protecting them as well. Right. But as I got older and I became a teenager, I started working, it got worse with my mom. But I would talk back, and that's when my grandmother stepped in and said, look, I don't care what your mom did to you. I don't care what has happened. She is still your mother, and you have to rest her. You still have to take care of her and be respectful because God doesn't like that.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 18: And so even to this day, my kids are nineteen, fifteen, nine and eight, right, and I tell my mom all the time. She's living with that burdon of not being a great mom that I tell her all the time. I am a reflection of that, but not in a bad way. Like I use the bad experiences that I had with her to be a better mom, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, now get what you're saying. You learned what not to do watching.
Speaker 18: Her exactly, watching her. Like with relationships with men, the type of men like my mom would bring in dudes that we're riding the bus and the dude riding the bus with us, I'm like, what why are we? Can we at least get a guy that got a car.
Speaker 5: You know, he was there protecting y'all on the bus though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: You know, but I'm just saying, and that just that just taught me to kind of level up. Also, the pain, the tears that I felt with my as a child, I just didn't want my kids to feel that, right, And so that's what I tell my mom all the time. I'm like, I'm not holding anything against you, And the reputation that you need to build right now is with your grandchildren, not with me. Like I've learned from those experiences and to this day, I'm going to take care of my mom because I just feel like karma God is going to continue to bless me with my kids if I do right by my mom.
Speaker 1: I always say that, you know, God doesn't judge you based off how people treat you. He judges you based off how people, yes, based off how you treat people. So I mean, if you're deciding that's what you want to do, respect to you, respect to you, absolutely, thank you for calling. Oh it's time for the ladies of law.
Speaker 2: I'm a home guard, a little bit of everything.
Speaker 7: She'd be having the latest.
Speaker 14: On the.
Speaker 9: Latest with Laura la Rose.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit every time.
Speaker 26: To you my top dog law on the Breakfast Club, top Dog Low.
Speaker 11: Don't be all excited now the way you just moaned with like disgust or something like that with them big stupid jeans on over there. All right, y'all, let's get into the latest with Lauren Rose. I'll be trying to be so positive in here, but man is some dark spirits. So a new casting announcement came out over the weekend, and we had talked about the Snoop Dogg movie because remember they cast it Snoop Dogg, and we talked about that casting as well.
Speaker 2: But his name is sorry, y'all hold on.
Speaker 11: By opening. His name is Jonathan Davis. I wanted to make sure I got his last name right. I didn't want to say the wrong leastsaon Jonathan Davis, best known for his role and Outer Banks Will Start as Will Start as Snoop Dogg and Snoop Dogg's movie about his life, which is to release August six, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: But we now know that Myles.
Speaker 11: Bullock will play Doctor Dre and you guys, Jef you remember him because he's been in some of the fifties Stars presentations.
Speaker 5: Ma'am.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so people were I mean, we were discussed in the cast and how I feel like just off looks so far it's very actually and he can give doctor Dre and Jonathan Davis, right, that's who was playing snoop.
Speaker 8: Yes, I think you're gonna kill it. I think he is going to kill it. I know, I just didn't. I didn't know if I was. I was gonna call him Jonathan Johnson, not on my bed.
Speaker 11: But for some reason, when I say Jonathan, I always want to say Jonathan Majors.
Speaker 19: That's all.
Speaker 2: I let me get his last name right.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, yeah, I don't know if it's about the looks as much as it is about the performance.
Speaker 2: It is performance, But you do want to you know, like people always look to see you, do they?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How much? How much does the look give?
Speaker 1: So yes, I mean I've only seen that work one time in a biopic. But to what no, no, no, Jamie when Jamie like Jamie really did look oh yes, oh.
Speaker 5: My god, and embodied him too.
Speaker 1: Like real big maybe Angela Bassett, I mean really look completely like the person, but.
Speaker 11: It makes you feel like you're watching the person. It's the it's the body movement and the way that you speak. A lot to it that you have to take on when you're you know, don't look tall.
Speaker 7: Is he a talllest new.
Speaker 11: I don't know how tall he is, but I mean, but you can do things in the film to make him yes, yes, Now, speaking of Doctor dre keeping it on the West Coast over the weekend as well, there was a lot of conversation about AI and Doctor Dre and Jimmy I Bean, they sat.
Speaker 2: Down for an interview.
Speaker 11: In this interview, they talked about AI being used in music and now this was like a big conversation because you know, Jimmy Ivan, Doctor Dre huge names of music.
Speaker 2: Doctor dres On is one of the best producers of all time.
Speaker 11: And he's saying that you know, AI isn't a threat and that people that see it as a threat are only the people that are having trouble creating using it. Now, Doctor Dre says he's had discussions with a few people. He says as a as early as a few days ago, prior to the interview, and he says that they were against AI and he was like, okay, well, you sound like the person who was against the drum machine when it first came out, or synthesizers. It's a new tool for creativity. Some people are afraid of learning new things. And he says that he's actually using AI technology in music as a tool to see what it can do with what he just did. And then they mentioned the fact that like Timberland has also talked spoke out about using AI as well too.
Speaker 8: But I was actually going to talk about that. I was, I mean asked to see that. I really would like to hear with Timberland, Swiss Beats Dre would all sit down and talk to each other about AI, like and how it has worked for them, and then what are the disadvantages.
Speaker 7: And also how are they using it? Yeah, what are they using it for? You know?
Speaker 1: I think sometimes we see those headlines like doctor Dre says he's okay with AI, we don't know what he's.
Speaker 7: Using it for.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but even when Timberland talked about it, he talked about using it as like a collaborator, but not as the creator like so and doctor d said, I want to see what it can do with what I've already done.
Speaker 1: So, like, I know some people who are in the animation game, and you know they are, they're amazing artists, and what they do is they will draw their art and then put it in the AI to make it easier to you know, create cartoons and things like that. But it's it's still their animation. They're just using the AI to bring it, to bring it to life. I guess, so, I mean, I don't know if I said I would like to see what he's using the AI for.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yep, all right. Well, and other good news, we've been doing a lot. We've had a lot of good news today too, Chris Brown and Usher. There is a new tour stat that people are talking about because they have been able to gross.
Speaker 1: What the most jillion dollars, most steps by any artists ever.
Speaker 7: I know they get their.
Speaker 2: Steps in boy, because they're moving and dancing.
Speaker 1: Around easily easy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I had the old one. We talked about this one hundred million dollars. But no, so Chris Brown and Usher. They are people are celebrating the amount of money that they've been able to make in a single night. I'm grabbing a number right now. But they're talking about the fact that of all the tours in their arena, the amount of money that they've been able to grows per tour night has a farly outnumbered any tours currently happening.
Speaker 2: I do not have this number. I am so.
Speaker 7: Number that woman with that dog but wait, yo.
Speaker 8: I was literally thinking, I was like, yo, see, this is the type of this.
Speaker 5: This the reason why the ladies about thirteen million.
Speaker 8: You got it so cash had me right now with thirteen because you just made eighty goajillion dollars last night us dog law.
Speaker 2: No she did not, yo, Charlemagne, No she did not know. She did not. I'm so mad at myself for not having that number.
Speaker 11: I will have it in the necesary overtalk, because I have thee hundred million dollars, which we've already talked about that first UH tour set that they surpassed. But yeah, shout out to Chris Brown and sure, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: None of your producers can text you.
Speaker 1: The number just got everybody mouth water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, y'all. I am so sorry about that. By yourself, I mean done, y'all. That is my responsibilit here it goes. I thought it was ten.
Speaker 11: So they gross ten over ten million dollars from a single concert, and they're amongst the only black artists according to some of the outlets that I read over the weekend in history to gross over that ten million dollars from a single concert.
Speaker 5: And so that's them splitting it down the middle, right, So I should get if I.
Speaker 2: Don't know how it splits.
Speaker 11: But I mean, these are just some of the the chart dot and postar sites I posted.
Speaker 7: And Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: People to go to usher Chris Brown Show, especially like program directors and music directors so they can hear that Chris Brown got other records other than the Every Hour thought you.
Speaker 11: I thought you was going to say, you want them to go because like of the performing and I.
Speaker 7: Know that too.
Speaker 1: I want them to.
Speaker 2: Go for that. I want to go for that as well too.
Speaker 1: I want to ask now I'm gonna go when they come back around the way Columbyna be in Columbusuck Carolina to.
Speaker 11: You can't you got something that you got something to do that day? We have we we will talk. We can't announce it yet, but we got something to do that day.
Speaker 7: We look what day today.
Speaker 11: That is the it's the Halloween weekend. It's the thirtieth doing Halloween Weekend.
Speaker 7: I'm you do okay?
Speaker 2: All right, that's the latest, y'all. This is brought to you by top Dog Law.
Speaker 11: Top Dog has won over a billion dollars for their client. So you get in an accident, make the call because their bark is their bike.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we got the People's Choice mix coming up next. NB isn't here all week, he's on vacation, so he's about to start talking. Okay, and having been d a whole show, it's the stupidest thing in the world, Yoe. And you're probably gonna tell you all to be calling in for requests, but whatever. It's the world's most dangerous morning show the Breafast Club. Yes, it's the world's most dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club dj NV. Just larious Charlamagne, that god Laura La Rosa is here as well.
Speaker 7: Thank you the Dion Cole for pulling up.
Speaker 5: Man absolutely same season.
Speaker 2: The average Joe.
Speaker 1: Is out right now on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 2: He working, He's at work, working.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna be an Adam Sandler grown What.
Speaker 8: Is Growing Ups three? The first two were funny, so I can and wait to see what he offers in here. And then he just played Don King and the Michael movie.
Speaker 7: He worked. He definitely worked.
Speaker 1: He worked, s Luthor, Dion Cole, Yep, yep.
Speaker 7: Anything else where you at this weekend?
Speaker 8: J Justin Man, I'm in Indianapolis, Indiana this weekend at the Halium Comedy Club. So we're gonna run it back like that. I'm in the Midwest. Make sure you get your tickets. Jess Hilarious Official dot com. I've been in the Midwest a lot for the past three months. I went Detroit, Chicago, Ohio. I'm actually coming back Ohio, but this weekend Indianapolis, Indiana, So get your tickets. We got two shows on Friday, two shows on Saturday. Me and my brother Dasy Alexander will be there at the Halium.
Speaker 5: So get your tickets if you haven't yet.
Speaker 7: Absolutely and I want to tell everybody too.
Speaker 1: Man, make sure you go to mentalwealthexpo dot com and register to be at my sixth and fifth annual. It's a fifth of sixth six six sixth annual.
Speaker 7: Damn, We've been doing this for six years. Wow.
Speaker 1: Sixth Annual Mental Wealth Expo. It's in Newark, New Jersey this year on World Mental Health Day. You know it's a free event. We'll be announcing the lineup real soon through my Assisted Day Brown she handled all the programming this year. She handled all the curation of the event. So this year we're focusing on nothing but solutions. Okay, that's it, Pathways the healing. So we'll see you World Mental Health Day in Newark, New Jersey at the Joel and Diane Bloom Wellness Intervens and and go to mentalealthexpo dot com to register to be there.
Speaker 7: Ll Coolban is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to. I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 11: There was an organization called Outloud Out Delaware that invited me to speak at this brunch in Delaware, and not only I just said yes to it because I saw that the girl who created the nonprofit was a Delaware State University grad.
Speaker 2: Her name is Jaylen Powell.
Speaker 11: I went there. I didn't know what to expect. I got there, that room was like so amazing. So the organization that she created, she was in school to be an attorney. She actually graduated and then she decided to leave her job and create something that was more grassroots, so she centers like wellness advocacy and a bunch of other things for us, for black people, but also for like youth. Right, So it was like my sister's keeper there, like it's just a room full of like people that not even trying to figure it out, but like knew where they were in life, and we're being honest about the fact that, like it's okay to take a rest, and y'all, I don't know how you because where I'm at in my life right now. I was a keynote speaker, all right. But also I think a lot of people see brown girl grinding and they're trying to figure out how I'm figuring it out day to day. We get up in the morning, coming here so early, and then you know, I'm pretty sane having to do with you, you know, every single day. So they wanted to know where there do I get rest. But we had an honest conversation about learning how to say okay to rest and learning how to say no to negative energy like ugg but shout out to out loud to continue.
Speaker 2: You are life. You are definitely one of the things that happened to me for sure.
Speaker 5: You know what's your life.
Speaker 22: Always continue to what you definitely happened to me, Charlottage, you know we'll never forget all the things that you do when you say, I know you won't.
Speaker 2: But shout out to Outloud Delaware. Though it was an amazing event.
Speaker 11: I was so happy that I was invited to speak there and just the work that they're doing. Check them out on Instagram, out Loud d ed or a nonprofit organization. So go and support them and all the work that they're doing in the communities in Delaware.
Speaker 1: That's what's absolute to them. And please loosen up that uh bracelet on your arm. You about to get a shot. You look like you about to get a shot, and supposed to be like why why they turn them blue?
Speaker 2: To tighten them jeans?
Speaker 1: All day?
Speaker 7: The positive noticed this.
Speaker 1: Be careful, Be careful, Be careful because sometimes distractions can come into your life. Dressed is love and attention when it's in fact a distraction. Some of y'all are doing so good in life, You are moving the way that you're supposed to be moving, But then here comes just DiscT action. All you know, dressed up in love.
Speaker 11: And the jeans black, and next thing you know, I can't say you distracted.
Speaker 2: Words the same focused y'all.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club we see tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Go to her By.
Speaker 9: Breakfast Club is woke Up, Wake you up, Wake up that up programming your alarm.
Speaker 7: The Power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio