Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me Joey b Joe Pisapia, and today we've got a twelve team head to head mock with three of my favorite people, Joe Rico, Scott Bogman and the Welsh, not some other Welsh, the Welsh, and we are of course going to be doing that mock draft on draft Wizard. The ultimate cheat code for your leagues is draft Wizard, and if you're not using it, well, I feel bad for you because if you want to embarrass your friends and be little all of your family members by dominating them in fantasy baseball, there's only one way to do it. It's using Draft Wizard. Download it today, go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB Draft Wizard. That's the place to go because you are going to be able to run your draft simulations, use the incredible features like the cheat sheets, like the pick predictor They're all up there for you to use. And today we're gonna use all of them as we try to make our picks. We'll see who wins the draft. And of course today just to run through the positions, for you. It's a twelve team five y five your standard roto categories. We're gonna do it theoretically is head to head too, so maybe some of those like single category guys are gonna be a little inflated in value. We'll see how it all shakes out. But we're gonna do the full infield four outfielders, two utils. Then we're gonna also have a middle infield spot and a corner infield spot. Nine pictures. I just left it open to nine pictures so everyone can choose their own adventure here. Because I am all about liberty. That's what I'm about. Uh, all right, So without further ado, we're gonna jump into it and begin the draft. I'm gonna be drafting from the four spot, uh because I like that area there. It's perfect. Bogs, You're gonna be drafting from two just because you didn't want to be the jerk who just took Otani. I respect that about you, Welsh. You are drafting a little bit further down today. You are at one eleven and Joe Rico in between us at one oh eight. So without further ado, let's get to the draft. Here, show Aotani on the board, here with a few seconds left, and Scott Bogman it two. What are you looking to do with that spot here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Bobby Wit.
Speaker 3: I have gone a little bit back and forth because Aaron Judge just dominates three categories unbelievably really four. But the stolen base is just too much for Bobby Wit. So it's gotta be Bobby at number two.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Bobby Wit off the board at one o two. Aaron Judge goes right after him. That's next to me here, now, Wan Soda. Of course, if this is obp League, I might pivot that way. But you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gona take a guy who doesn't get enough respect. I love Elliot Lacruz, super exciting, lots of stolen bases, but you know, El steals a lot of bags. Jose Ramirez and he plays third base. Two give me Jose Ramirez at four. I'm happy with that. After that pick goes off the board, one oh five goes to Juan Soto, then Tarik Skooble at one six. Look at that team going early for the pitching Team seven, named after George Costanza's son, is up next year. Team seven go aheads and selects Mookie bets Joe Rico. You're on the clock at one o eight?
Speaker 4: Would you do addtioning?
Speaker 5: I don't usually do because it doesn't usually fall off, But I took Ellie dela Cruz. I'm a little bit concerned about like top five, top four valuation on him because the batting average isn't quite what the rest of the field gives you in that range. But I'm probably still getting like a two to sixty batting average with like sixty steals here, And to get him at the eighth pick that feels like a like a nice drop for ally, So I'll take that.
Speaker 1: I think it's an incredible drop box. Don't you think like that's a great value here, especially in.
Speaker 3: This system the head to head, I mean, I usually goes where you pick at four Joe debating eight, It was pretty surprising.
Speaker 1: There you have it. So after Ellie de la Cruz goes to Joe Rico, Team nine up next Kyle Tucker, Gunner Henderson at one ten. Welsh selects Fernando Tatis at one eleven. Then Francisco Lindor goes at the turn with Juli Rodriguez, and then Welsh comes back around with Corbyn Carrol. Tatis and Corbyn Carrol. Let's talk about it, Welsh, how do you feel well?
Speaker 6: We got to talk about lock it up. We're done. We're done for Tatis fallen to me. By the way, all the projection systems are out. Can see ATC the bat X bat X very very favorable to Fernando Tatis Junior.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 6: You're closing in on a thirty thirty guy, especially when healthy and out there, and then I get to go and pair him with Corby and Carrol, all the stolen bases that bounce back on average, We're gonna have twenty plus homers, tons of runs. I got two really good categorical players that aren't like the biggest on batting average, something I'm gonna pay attention to later. But I've got all the stolen bases in the world. I've got great homers run RBI. That's like the prototypical start we talked about on the wheel. If you start like Julio and Corbyn Carrol, I freaking love it, especially in a head to head for both of these guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, continuing on after that incredible start there for Welsh Ronald Acunia Junior, who might miss it looks like the opening of the season. It seems like maybe the entire month of April. We'll see as we get more reports, bring trading start in any minute. Now, Jordan Alvarez goes next to two oh four than jul Rico. You took your boy vlad Guerrero Junior. Look at you, Yah, Homer. Honestly, though, that's a pretty good value here, So you're just kind of soaking it all in at the one eight spot here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the pairing makes a lot of sense too, because, like I said, the batting average is a bit of a concern. With Ellie, who had the highest batting or highest expected batting average in baseball last year, it was flatty. He hit three twenty three or three twenty two or something. So even if I don't get that, even if he's hitting three hundred, I'm getting more of the power where Allie gives me more at the speed. So it's a nice balance for those first two picks. And they both went a little bit later than you generally see. So I'll take the value all day, and I don't know how many more years I get to take Vladimir Guerrero while he's been wearing a Blue Jay's jersey. So I'll take the chance now while I can.
Speaker 1: I know one. All right, let's move on to the rest of the draft here. Sorry, I don't want to be a DeBie Downer.
Speaker 4: It's just swamp.
Speaker 1: Keep me a real wah wah. I just watched that sketch last weekend. By the way, it's still funny, especially the one in Disneyland when when she's just miserable about everything and they can't keep as very face. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Swamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know that was it? Feline aids is the biggest killer in domestic cats. I don't know. It's always funny. Jared Durant at two oh six. Uh, Paul Skeen's all Team six going for the pitching. Look at this Skeens and Scooble. My god, what a rotation that is. Bryce Harper at two o eight, So he's off the board. I pivot to Freddy Freeman. So I've got the corners here with Freddy Freeman and Jose Ramirez. Aaron Judge goes next, Zach Wheeler. I'm sorry the team has Aaron Judge selects Zach Wheeler to ten. Then Jackson Cherio at two eleven two. I was debating Cheerio hoping he might slide back to me. He did not, Unfortunately. Then at the turn Trey Turner goes at two twelve, Matt Olsen at three oh one, which brings us back to Scott Bogman, who just took Cheerio. Will break him down and bogs what you're gonna do next? So let's lay that out for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be kadtel Marte. I hate second base.
Speaker 3: I've had issues with it in previous mocks, and uh, Kazel falling to me here in the third round is a gift as far as I'm concerned. So to start with Cheerio and Kate tell Marte makes me a pretty happy boy. I am excited about this team.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It feels a little almost like like the Lord of the Rings. It's a gift moment. There is that the gift you're gonna use for that pick. It feels like it that is my gift, just a little bit. Katel Marte goes off the board to Bogman at three oh three. Chris Sale. That puts me on the clock here. Jackson Merrill coming off a really good season. He is incredibly tempting, gives me some stolen bases, gives me average. Do I worry about a sophomore slump a little bit, But you know what, I think I've seen enough where I'm just gonna lock that day. And that's also the suggestion from Draft Wizard to Dever still around, Chishom, still around, tempting, but chishm I feel like always has an injury issue. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Jackson Merril here. So I've got my corners, I got an outfielder. I like the way this is going. After Merrill goes off the board, Ralph Field dever is no surprise at three oh five, and Willia doms at three to six, and then Manny machadoa three o seven, which brings us back to Joe Rico, who's got Dela Cruz and Vlad Guerrero. A great start to that team. Joe, you're pivoting to pitching. You're gonna continue to pound the offense.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna continue with the offense here, and I'm gonna take care of another kind of scarcep position with third base. Continue the trend here, we've seen Devers and Machada go off the board, and I am going to take Austin Riley, really buying into the bounce back for him and for the Braves as a whole. So I couldn't be happier through my first three picks.
Speaker 1: And Riley started to bounce back last year, and then obviously the injury. But hopefully it's all just about health for the Atlanta Braves this year. Right, you get a coony back eventually, Albi's missed a ton of time last year. Riley seems all kinds of confused. Everything that could have gone wrong for the Braves, a team that typically everything goes right for really did. So the Austin Riley bounce back here in the third round certainly seems like a value. Jass Chishom goes next to Team nine. Team ten goes ahead and selects Pete Alonzo Welsh. You went picture with Garrett Crochet, I know you're on the boards and I to let you make that pick. Ozzie Albi's and Corey Seger go with the turn. So to begin the fourth round, it's Corey Seeger Welsh, Garrett Crochet, what's the next pick here at four h two, and let's talk about both.
Speaker 6: Ah Man, Well, it's gonna be Corey Seger, and I did get a They think it's a reach.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 6: I've got Garrett Crochet inside my top five SPS logan, Gilbert's on the board, Corbyn Burns, Dylan's, so you know, maybe in this system, I should have taken Seeger and I probably would have got Garrett Crochet back. But I did not think I was getting Garrett Crochet with with a Rico right in front of me, So that was a big get. I kind of don't want to do the back to back double tap pictures here, even though there are some really good pictures. I just think there's some fantastic value. So Corey Seer was like a thousand percent the guy that I wanted. So I'm gonna pivot and we're gonna keep building on this team. We're going with Michael Harris. We're gonna take Michael Harris. I got a killer outfield which can really fall apart. I got all the stolen bases in the world, and I've got a potential league leader in strikeouts with Garrett Crochet. But I'm gonna have to build my infield because my infield is dvoit right now, I have nobody.
Speaker 1: I don't like Michael Harris. Still I can't. I can't wrap my mind around it. And I'm actually surprised that you would take him here over guys like Wood and Langford, who I think have a higher potential overall ceiling. I love you, I don't like. I don't like Michael Harris, and that's h wrap my mind around.
Speaker 6: Well, it's fine, he had a great second half, but like I've already got Tatis and Carrol, so I don't really need to play for even more upside when I'm already gonna get a higher batting average twenty twenty guy out to Michael Harris. Maybe I'm leaving something off the board a little bit, but there's strikeout issues are theoretical ones with Woods, we saw a bad first half with Langford. I'm not trying to downplay because I would one hundred percent take those guys in a heartbeat. But for this construction, like Michael Harris as a twenty twenty potential with really good average makes sense for this team. Did I upset you, al Rico?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not impressed. Right now, I'm not impressed.
Speaker 1: Logan Gilbert goes next to four h three, then jose Al twove at four oh four. There's rumors too, we're still waiting for Bregman to sign that maybe Altuve goes to the outfield. We'll see if that happens. Y a Urrico, let's talk about your selection of four oh five. Would you do?
Speaker 4: So? I went with Cole Reagan's I wanted.
Speaker 5: I was hoping that Crochet would get to me, but the same thing that happened in our last mock, Welsh takes him right before I suck at Trebek. Yeah, he got him in there, So I was trying to play the board a little bit. I'm a huge de Gram guy, and anybody heard me speak or see me on social media this year knows that I'm a big to Graham guy. I figured he would fall back, so I took Cole Reagan's in the fourth. Who I love love Cole Reagan's, and I was thinking I'd get the Gram in the fifth, but he went one pick before you, Joe, So I'm totally fine with Cole Reagan's as the acre. I've already built a solid offensive corps and then I get a super star. I mean a superstar pitcher in the making. If he's not already there yet, then he's he's well in his way.
Speaker 1: Dylan Cees goes next in what is quite the pitcher run, so Reagans Cese Burns de Gram. Then I took Blake Snell at four oh nine. Class A goes at four ten. Scott Bogman continues the pitching we're on at four eleven. Then whyitet Langford at the four to twelve turn five oh one? William Contreras boggs, you're up next. You took Cole. Who'd you take with five oh two?
Speaker 3: I'm getting I'm getting hosed here because I had Snell and class A in my cue. My last two guys left, and you took Snell and then class Man oh Man, and then I was like, okay, let's go with Garrett Cole and whyaet Langford? So I take Cole first because the pitch went and then Langford went a pick right after me. So I'm just gonna go ahead and double tap pitching. I'm gonna go with Garrett Cole and George Kirby. Not the sexiest staff, but I got my two aces here well.
Speaker 1: But certainly I think when you have coal in the back of your mind. That health is still floating around there for you too, right like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: That's why I want it's now right, so me too, That's why I took him. All right, let's continue to look here. This is a tough one for me. Michael King's still on the board. I do love Michael King. Again, there's trade rumors about Ceas, trade rumors about King. There's still some pitchers on the board that I feel pretty good about. But you know what, not first your last, So I want to go ahead and take a shot here. Draft wars are telling me the biggest boost here, and I love this, especially when you sink your leagues here. You'll see this during your actual live drafts. It sinks to everything, fan track, CBS, you name it. It sinks up there and you will get all these little tiny bells and whistles. I tell you, hey, this player's the biggest boost to your roster right now. And although Taeoscarnandez is very interesting, I'm gonna take James Wood in the upside here. So give me Wood at five oh four. I realize phrasing next to five oh five, O'Neil Cruz. Then Michael King goes off the board to Team six. Here what a pitching staff for Team six? Scooble schemes, Corbyn Burns, Michael kidding, Team six, you better draft some all? Is that the sporer bot? I feel like potentially, I'm not sure what that is. I miss Paul. We got to get Paul in the show soon. Marcus Simeon goes next. Who I was also contemplating at five oh seven, five oh eight, Joe Rico, you're on the clock. What are you doing well?
Speaker 5: You mentioned his name when you were debating outfielders there. I'm gonna go with ta Oscar Hernandez. He's going back to a great spot. He's going to be right behind that big three headed monster in Los Angeles of Otani, Bets and Freeman, and I think easily another thirty homers one hundred RBI season in coming, and with four outfielders, you don't want to leave it too long, so I need to start taking care of that. He is my first outfielder, all right.
Speaker 1: Can also see the top suggestions here on Draft Wizard. It's gonna tell you also the pick predictor who's going to make it back to you who's not, which is really super helpful in those live drafts. Again, if you want to dominate your leagues, this is how you do it. You use Draft Wizard. Download it today. Next up here after Ti Oscar goes, C J. Abrams goes, Devin Williams goes. I know Welsh loves to take closers. The top suggestion I think right now might be Edwin Diaz, but I don't think that's a Welsh style pick. I just don't feel it now.
Speaker 6: I know what I'm gonna double tap here. I did I did want on Ao Cruiz with this pick. So I'm gonna go with I'm gonna there's great pictures, there's great closers. I'm gonna pivot off of both of those. I'm gonna go with a massive bat in Brent Rooker, who's gonna qualify outfield here again, I'm going berserko with it because I want the power and I'm gonna do this And this is a very positional thing that I'm making a change here. I'm gonna get dinged now. I'm screwing myself now.
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 6: Nope, I'm gonna risk it. I gotta take Christian Walker. Sorry, I gotta take Christian Walker. I need some infield. I have done first base gets kind of obviously him in Houston, and that shorter porch is gonna be phenomenal. I'm not really doing a great job of doing the batting average thing. This is head to head, though, and if you were to punt something, I guess I'm kind of leaning into maybe this is a punt ish batting average team. I wouldn't want to do this in Rodo, but I really wanted to stack a big power and Rooker and Christian Walker do that for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I need to stack some power up too, So I got to think about that with my next pick, next one here after, I should say, after Brent Rooker, the turnpicks two more pitchers off the board, a closer and a starter, Pablo Lopez than Josh Hater six' oh, Two Christian walker six' oh, Three Lawrence, butler Then Edwin, Diaz Joe. Rico you took a closer To Mason miller at six oh? Five would you have Taken diaz if you was still? There Was Mason miller higher in your? Ranking?
Speaker 4: NO i Got. MILLER i believe one spot.
Speaker 5: HIGHER i don't have the relief pitcher rankings up right, now But i'm slightly more confident In miller after how just how dominant he was last. SEASON i feel like The a's are going to have probably some more win slash save opportunities to this. YEAR i feel like they're going to be a little bit. Better so potential for thirty to thirty five saves if he stays. Healthy and he was kind of JUST i was playing chicken a little bit, there waiting for the last closer in that top, tier AND i got.
Speaker 4: HIM i was lucky to get.
Speaker 1: Him why are you being a? Slacker why don't you have your ranks up? There what are you?
Speaker 4: Doing i'm going for memory with. THESE i just up. MORNING i updated this. Morning so it's all.
Speaker 6: So we might see a, draft you might see a draft. Grade we might See joe love his own. Team it's a.
Speaker 1: POSSIBILITY i hope likes his own. Team it's also a possibility he hates. It Mason miller goes next Than Royce, lewis the ultimate lotto ticket that you could rip up. About, OH i don't. Know one day into the, season Uh yamamoto goes next to Six, oh, seven Then Mark viento's at six oh. Eight, UH i needed some, power SO i Took Anthony santandera at six oh, nine And Bryce, Miller Josh, Neller De, Bogman, Franbervaldez Aaron nola at the, turn Then Brian reynolds back to you. Bogs let's talk About nailor And. Reynolds, YEAH i MEAN i needed some.
Speaker 3: POWER i need a first, base and it Is wels kind of started the run, Right uh, YEAH i first base that there are some first basement below.
Speaker 2: That BUT i was kind of Hoping christian walkwerk fall back to.
Speaker 3: Me Hated welsh's him and A hawing and eventually Taking Christian walker because that's exactly WHO i. Wanted but and Then Mason miller was my. Backup so you guys are. Jerks don't like, you BUT i do Like Josh naylor In. Arizona still a very good. Lineup And Brian reynolds boost my batting average as, well so and fills in one of those outfield, spots so kind of easy.
Speaker 2: Picks there is a guy That i'm hoping comes all the way back to.
Speaker 3: Me we'll.
Speaker 1: SEE i just got a thumbs up From Draft, Wizard Thanks Draft wizard with my pick THAT i got some value there with show To emonaga Between reynolds And. Imanaga Marcelo zuna goes at seven to, three SO i got my number two starter along With. SNELL i like The cubs this. Year The cubs are all. In they traded For Kyle. Tucker to, me this is a team that is ready to rock and. Roll they know that division's up for the. Take And Luis castillo goes next at seven oh. Five Then Jordan westberg gets seven oh, Six Logan, Webbs Steady eddie seven oh. Seven Ryan helsley goes, next Then Brenton doyle at seven oh. Nine Joe, rico let's talk about Your helsley. Pick so you've doubled up here on closers With milk And.
Speaker 5: Hellsley, YEAH i mean if you don't get them before the top one hundred pick runs, out and then you're probably not going to have those lockdown. Guys i've got two top five or top seven closers now AND i don't have to worry about. It AND i also like a lot of the starting pitching values that are coming in the next few, rounds WHICH i probably shouldn't even be, saying BUT i felt confident not to take another starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: THERE i just made a note about. That make SURE i take another starting pitcher at some. Point Brenton doyle goes At team, Nine Tyler glasnaw at seven to. Ten welsh Takes Tristan cassis at seven. Eleven Then Ali rutchman at the turn. Right So iglesias goes. Next So, welsh this Is i'm waiting for you to do a little bit more. Pitching it Got Garrett, Crochet he's all. Alone we're gonna go.
Speaker 6: Alone we're gonna get, there but we're not going to do it. Here all of my, romo my, e this is coming to this. PICK i was going to take this guy in the next. ROUND i actually just risked it, here just based off of the, system THINKING i could let this. SLIDE i was going to take him in the last. Round i'm one hundred percent pulling the trigger on Junior Cameron arra for this. Team of, course it was going to. Happen thirty plus homer and potential a third base. Position that. STANKS i am shocked that you guys let him come back to. ME i didn't think it was gonna. Happen that's WHY i hemmed AND i. Hogged BUT i Want Christian, walker AND i depleted the first base field by taking costs as more power potential THAT i can put at, corner So i'm not trying to fill it with a third. BASEMAN i do not have a second. BASEMENT i do not have a third, basement AND i have one. Pitcher So i've got some STUFF i got to start. Doing but boy DO i love this group of big power in speed. Combos.
Speaker 1: YEAH i Like kem And arrow a lot, There AND i think that's the. Round we were all kind of, targeting and you nabbed him, There Freddy pearl To ato, three Then diaz at eight oh, Four Bailey ober To Joe rico at eight o. Five interesting you Took Bailey ober Over Zach gallen was a little bit more track record. Kill let's talk about.
Speaker 4: That it wasn't really between him and uh And.
Speaker 5: Gallon actually it's between him and somebody else Who i'm not gonna say because he's still on the board.
Speaker 4: Here, actually.
Speaker 5: With ober it comes down to the. WHIP i THINK i can really trust his. WHIP i really think that that's a category that we forget about a lot of the. Time he's somebody That i'm really banking, on somewhere in the one ten to one fifteen range at.
Speaker 4: Worst gallan is.
Speaker 5: FINE i worry a little bit the last year and really the last two, years because he had such a heavy workload the year they went to The World, series and then last year he wasn't quite the. Same he can bounce, back for, sure and the price is right for him to bounce. Back but ober was my guy, there.
Speaker 1: All, right makes sense to. Me let's look ahead here to the next couple of, Picks bailey Ober, Than Zach, Gallen Christian, Yellwich Spencer. STRIDER i think that's a little. EARLY i Took Max fried a little worry that first year in the big city there what that's going to be like for. Him But i'm willing to take my. Lumps hopefully he stays healthy. There Hunter green at eight ten and Then Scott bogman Went durant a Closer jerks And Profar now When Atlanta brave love that pickup for The braves at a twelve starting the ninth, Round Alex bregman still looking for a home as of recording. This Matt chapman at nine to. Two So chapman And Duran, boggs let's break those picks.
Speaker 3: Down, YEAH i MEAN i have to have a. Closer joe kind of mentioned. It if you're not involved, here you're probably not going to be. Involved SO i had to get. One deron's my favorite one, left and then third base is getting real thin and third base. Stinks i've had an issue with third base and some mocks, Before so better Take Matt chapman Since welsh screwed.
Speaker 6: Me Wouldn't cam And arow have looked awesome on your?
Speaker 3: Team you, KNOW i should have just taken him WHERE i Took Brian. Reynolds that's exactly WHAT i should have. Done AND i, thought, ah he's going right around pick one, hundred not with these, sharks AND i should have should just.
Speaker 6: Take that's a really good point, too and to and to like carry on with. YOURS i probably did need to Take cam And arrow WHERE i was himming and, hawing because he's moving up, boards he's pushing inside the top. Fifty there's a lot of places that are just not quite caught. Up values aren't fully understanding, That like if you get him inside the top seventy. Five you're doing a really good. Job SO i probably ALSO i got a benefit here that you could have been, like, hey well shouldn't Have cavonarao look good on your. Team BUT i probably needed to push a little bit. HIGHER i was just it was a gift for the fantasy, gods and that happens.
Speaker 1: Sometimes and if you find yourself in a position Like Scott bogwin and you're doing a draft simulation On Draft, wizard you can always undo a, pick go back and live things on the right timeline so you have the best prosser you possibly can and you learn. Something see as.
Speaker 2: Long as you put the stones, back whether it's as long as.
Speaker 1: You put the stones back where they, go that's very. Important also important playing your league out in a good. Spot so Fan tracks is that home of fantasy. Sports year round, engagement offseason, trades real time, updates and seamless player transactions keep the excitement alive three hundred and sixty five days a. Year on Fan Tracks Dynasty, mastery you got automated salaries and. Contracts you can do the leagues however you. Like multi team trades are. Available the customization features are amazing on Fan, tracks whether it be, rosters, scoring, playoffs, consolations you name, it they've got. It you can trade future draft. Picks they have different scoring sizes and different league sizes. Too two hundred plus manager, league they can do. IT i don't know two hundred, people let alone two hundred people That i'm going to play baseball league, with but it doesn't. Matter you could do it at Fan tracks and you could duplicate the, players you could do multiple divisions in a. League Fan tracks is wide open for your. Imagination and if you're just running a simple, league guess what they could do that. Too and when you show up, there you bring your fantasy baseball league over to Fan tracks for an unbeatable user experience and a chance to win a Signed Vlad guerrero junior. Jersey so sign up today at fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy. Pros that's fantracks dot com Slash fantasy. Pros all, right let us unpause the draft and get moving, again Because i'm on the. Clock Felix fatista went at nine ozh. THREE i gotta see WHAT i want to do here. AGAIN i could take a shot. Here Randy rosarina is very. TEMPTING i did see that whole. STUDY i don't know if you guys saw this about How seattle is the worst place where hitting basically goes to die in the last twenty. Years there was a fascinating case, study AND i think it sufficiently has scared the crap out of. Me So i'm gonna take a Stre.
Speaker 2: They talking about the weather with that. Too it was the, weather it was.
Speaker 1: The batter's i it was, humid it it was all these weird factors and it was absolutely. FASCINATING i forgot WHO i want to pop the person who did the, study but you can find it over on social media. Somewhere So i'm gonna take another risk of another, kind And i'm gonna Take Luis, robert who is not going to finish the year with The White. Sox so this is an investment in the, future finally playing out a full, season playing himself out Of, chicago. Finally so right now my roster looks a little something like This Freeman. Ramirez THEN i Got, Merrill, Wood santander And robert in the, outfield SO i have got a lot of power, here like to pick up maybe a little bit more. Speed i'm gonna have to work on. Closers so, FAR i Got, Snell imanaga And Max. Freed we'll see how things go. Here we're gonna get To welsh's pick in A rico's pick in a, second Sal, Perez Spencer, schwellenbach H. WELSH i was definitely one of your. GUYS i know. It Tamer biby at nine oh, Seven saya S auzuki To Joe Rico So suzuki pretty good value at nine oh, Eight.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah the PICTURE i was debating between over with on the last round Was Spencer, schwellenbach and he went just. BEFORE i was gonna take him, here but when he went just before, ME i won't With. SAY i Think saya is really. Undervalued it's just about staying. Healthy AND i think he played one hundred and thirty eight games last, year so it wasn't like he was banged up the whole. Season he's a five category, guy and they just Added Kyle tucker in replacement Of Cody. Bellinger So i'm liking everything The cubs are, doing And say is a great value to.
Speaker 1: Me tremendous value there for. Sure Boba shitt goes a team nine And Andres munjos goes Next Grayson rodriguez to The. Welsh love it love that. PICK i think he is undervalued this. Year then team twelve takes A Rosa rain And Riley green at the term, ooh nice little outfield pairing. There ten oh. Two back to The. Welsh our friend of the, Show Justin. Steele justin would be so proud of, you and he is now part of your three headed Monster Rodriguez, Steele. Crochet how do you feel about that? Staff, yeah it's.
Speaker 6: Good i'm stim did to Take. Sazaki i'm not A sazaki. Guy he's sitting out there if you want to play. Upside But i'll tell, you LIKE i think with this, TEAM i just want to stack guys that are going to get. INNINGS i also thought About Sonny gray and That's justin is a good innings eater with strikeout. Potential grayson is kind of like my theoretical next step risk if you want to do. That he stacks more innings big Stres SO i got like lots of. Strikeouts i'm looking for win. POTENTIAL i still have no, closers Which i'm going.
Speaker 4: To have to.
Speaker 6: Tackle BUT i really needed to do back to back. Pitching, so by the, way thank you for Taking, robert BECAUSE i one hundred thousand percent would not have been able to help myself If robert was still. There and for the, RECORD i literally scoffed on camera When schwellenbach went because that WAS i wanted to. Go grayson's swellenbock out have been the greatest coup of all, time but it didn't. Happen but, YEAH i got three starting pitchers, now So i'm feeling a little bit.
Speaker 1: Better oh, yeah, well certainly the values there AND i keep saying, it these is like middle rounds between eight and. Eleven there's still some guys that can give you front end rotation help. There so especially in the twelve team leagues fifteen it's a little different What welsh is doing. Here waiting is very good in the twelve team. League when you get to the, fifteen it's a little. Dicey you might get out of a run or two and you could end up in having a bad. Time Cal rawly at ten oh, Three Joe ryan at ten oh, Four Joe, Rico Sonny gray at ten o. Five let's talk About Sonny gray In Saint louis.
Speaker 5: Again, yeah he had a great season last. Year the strikeouts were really. UP i think he was around the thirty percent, mark which. Solid he's just really solid and undervalued even into his mid. THIRTIES i think he's thirty five. Now people just don't seem to care that every year he gives you good numbers and now the, strikeouts and it was backed up by a really good swinging strike rate. Too so when you also look at the good defense behind, him, LIKE i think that he's another player who just falls too far in.
Speaker 1: Drafts, okay After Sonny Gray Jackson holiday at ten oh, six so that seems like a good spot to take a, Shot Like i'd be, like that's where the risk is. There Hunter brown at ten oh seven man rough first, month but after that the last five were glowing For Hunter, Brown Spencer steer a, tenawaight and THEN i Took Matt. McLean give myself a little, flexibility a little second, base a little short. Stop we'll see how things pan out here for me. There But i'm looking for a bounce back For Matt McLean for sure did play in THE, Anfl so looking forward to him just getting reps in spring and getting healthy again and flashing that big time upside that we saw in his rookie. Season Robert suarez goes, next Then bogman goes. Closer we'll talk about that netto at ten, Twelve Paul goldschmidt at one, one and then Rookie. Sazaki let's talk about your last two pick.
Speaker 2: Spots, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Just Think sasaki fell a little bit too. Far i'm not the Biggest sasaki, guy BUT i think the value here was really good and, again just need the closers Or SAG i think was a really good value. Here SO i did get the slight reach on, him but in a head to, HEAD i think you need to have, them SO i went with. Her seg there still a very good, value AND i Think sasaki just fell a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Far Draft whizzard's gonna dig me BECAUSE i like to wait on closer and then just take. Shots So i'm sure the projections are going to say That i'm, terrible you, Know, closer But i'll find closers all. Year they show up all the. Time after that selection Of, Sazaki Ryan walker goes AND i Took shane McClanahan eleven oh. Four he would be my fourth starting pitcher, here SO i like that Upside Kevin, Gosman Ezekiel, tovar Then Ian Happ trerest To Joe alrico moving to first. Base but you're getting every day at bats as a catcher In fantasy's.
Speaker 4: Huge.
Speaker 5: YEAH i Mean i've done a lot OF nfbc, drafts which granted those are two catcher, leagues but he's going like as a top seventy pick a lot of the. Time he's really getting pushed up. There and granted it's a different strategy with two, catchers But i'm probably getting five hundred and fifty played appearances from, him maybe six hundred if things really break right and he's able to stay. Healthy and from the catcher, position you're just not going to really get that unless you're paying up For rutchman or Maybe Kyle, rawley but you, know getting him in the one twenties, HERE i love.
Speaker 1: That, okay continuing on here after that selection From Joe, rico AND i Love joe's next pick in the next. Round two stole them right from under. Me we're gonna fight. Later Mike trout finally goes eleven on, Nine Anthony volpi eleven, Ten Jake berger at eleven. Eleven that's beat you r G r by the. Way for those of you aren't, Sure wink, winn thank, You, Joe you're. Welcome Seth luga that's for. You D, rico that's for. You Seth lugo at the, Turn vinie Pas gwentino and The Jack. FLAHERTY i can't believe we washed Of Jack flaherty in. Draft this makes me so. Happy now he's With detroit, Again Burger Flaherty, welsh let's talk about.
Speaker 6: IT i, MEAN i was actually kicking. MYSELF i want to be, like can we make a trade BECAUSE i FORGOT i took costas earlier and that ACTUALLY i regret. That that's stupid because Getting, Burger burger's gonna go into util but LIKE i could have used that for something, else AND i guess it's a glood of. Riches So burger's a no doubt better home. Environment i've talked about that thirty plus home run. Potential RBIs through the wazoo as long as he doesn't hit eight For. Texas BUT i love. It and Then flerty, again this is, like go back To. Detroit this is a no. Brainer i'm so excited about the jump up for. Him there was a guy or two THAT i really like still on the board as far as pictures. Go BUT i now just made flarerty MY sp four And i've got strikeout potential that's just insane right. NOW i just have these clear. Holes but again in twelve team ahead to, HEAD i feel like you can Tackle LIKE i have no middle infield AND i have no relief. Pictures i can tackle that in a much better. Way i've just got a glut of big power and a glut of massive strikeout, pictures And i'm pretty stoked about.
Speaker 1: It, YEAH i see in the head to heads, ESPECIALLY i want to have as many starting pictures AS i. CAN i want to load up on the two start weeks and just pound everybody into submission there as much as they. Can, i'll you, know scratching claw for. Saves i'll figure it out AS i, go and LIKE i, said it's going to dig me later. On but it's this is really cool because those who are watching on the YouTube channel, subscribe you'll obviously see these different strategies that some of us are employing, here which is important because obviously there's lots of different ways to win a. League After Jack flaherty Adolays, Garcia Steph, Kwan Luis, garcia who were just talking about what incredible value he. Is he's Basically, altuve but like one hundred picks later And Joe, rico you got.
Speaker 5: Him, yeah we just talked about him on that show we did very recently talking about the different value. Picks And i'm not one hundred percent soul that he is going to be like taking a next step. Forward but even if we just get a, repeat if we get eighteen homers twenty steel and he hits two seventy five or something like, That i'll absolutely take. It the lineup around him is getting a lot, better AND, i LIKE i mentioned on that show he did, before which you guy should check out if you haven't seen it. Already the second base position really really dries. Up and there are a couple of GUYS i don't mind later On Cold, Keith, Randon, lau, whatever but locking in a guy who's secured every day playing time in a pretty solid lineup is Something i'd like to do.
Speaker 1: Here, OKAY i. AGREE i love this pick, here, man it's top. Notch it's a great, value AND i don't think he's going to be there this. Late and a couple of weeks from. Now Cody bellinger at twelve oh. Six good value there for team seven at twelve oh. Six, there if he is back in that little, Ballpark Xander bogart's at twelve oh, Seven Will smith at twelve o, eight THEN i continue to take more. Pitching carlos rodon. IT i almost took him before WHEN i was looking at, McClanahan and even before that freed he was still kind of floating around. There he's just going way too, long AND i don't love. Him but The yankees are gonna get. Wins guys like they're they're a pretty good. Roster they got a good closer, NOW i, mean what are we doing? Here Take, yankees Take, dodgers investing good offenses and good, teams and you're pitching will be happy about. It Brandon nimmo at twelve, Ten Dylan, Cruz Goot bogman taking his shots. Here, Finally Kirby gates at twelve twelve looks to be the new closer with The. Dodgers Jason dimingez at thirteen oh, one And Bryce terrang on the way. Back cruz Terrang bogman The floris.
Speaker 3: YOURS i, Mean terrang just fell and fell and, fell and that's a bunch of solen. BASES i feel LIKE i haven't dominated now With wind And terrang in, there And Dylan cruz is my. Shot like you, SAID i feel like my team is pretty safe at this. Point so let's take a shot on some upside and let's go With Dylan cruz here in one of those four outfield. Spots SO i really like this the way this is shaping up so.
Speaker 1: Far what's not to? Like Nico horner goes next at thirteen oh three than thirteen oh, Four Brian woo to, Me Savor, edwards Ten Or Scott Louis, Heel Jared, Jones Jeff, Hoffman Ben. Joyce let's go back to your pick, Here Jared jones at thirteen oh. Eight what a start For jones last, Year Joe rico and then you, know some struggle with some health and some struggle with, performance but could be a huge twenty twenty five for. Him.
Speaker 5: Yeah the reason why it's available even in this range in the thirteenth round is because of how rough things were down the. Stretch this is kind of just getting him close to a max pick. Range you're not usually seeing him go quite this, late hoping for the bounce. Back pittsburgh's done some really good things developmentally with their pitching over the last couple of. YEARS a lot of talent has come into the organization as. Well BUT i trust that they'll get him right as long as he stays. Healthy this should be a pretty good. Value here is my fifth starting, pitcher.
Speaker 1: Should certainly be that's for. Sure after that selection here of your fifth starting, Pitcher Jeff, Hoffman Ben Joyce. Welsh you Took Sandy, alcontra Then Pete Crowl armstrong goes at the turn starting around Fourteen logan'll hoppy and then back to For alexis ds so Al contra And Das. Welsh let's discuss these two picks and how you feel about.
Speaker 6: Him alcntra has started throwing at the end of last, season which is perfect for this offseason for him to be able to start ramping back. Up velo looks like it's getting back. Up you're, healthy you're off that. Injury plus you're gonna get. Traded you're going to get traded in. Season so for me in a head to head For matt where there's a likely where he's you, know throw it out. Here he's A dodger clearly would be the one we'd, pick A Red, Socker yankee, whatever whatever it, is it's going to be one of those type of things where he's going to up getting. Traded SO i love that plus. Innings this is what he. Does he eats up innings regardless of where some projections are. At and THEN i needed a Closer Alexis. DIAZ i think The reds are going to be massively more. Competitive they did bring in quite a few new, arms so you, know If alexis d has a struggle that there could be some. Competition BUT i think he's in a prime spot here And i'm getting him at a huge value in like the one sixty ish.
Speaker 1: Range After diaz CODE I sengo Than Jonathan, India Nick cassianos To Joe, Rico joe another bat here for you at fourteen oh.
Speaker 5: Five, YEAH i haven't really invested a lot in. Outfielders i'm not a Huge casteanos. Guy but you, know fourteenth, round he's still in a very good. Lineup he should still be able to produce for, me even if he's not what he used to. BE i don't Think i'm getting thirty five home, runs but twenty. Homers maybe if we're, lucky we can get one hundred rbi out of, Him so no problem with.
Speaker 4: It but he's not like a huge target of mind, either just because he. Fell, REALLY.
Speaker 1: I just got, Sniped So i'm a little. Upset i'm gonna have to have a little moment to myself At colton Cows, Er Yuennio suez and J t Real muto at fourteen oh. EIGHT i Took Pete fairbanks at fourteen oh, nine SO i got one, closer at least got some Saves Shane boz at fourteen. Ten trevor, McGill who looks to be the new man for saves, again was good in that role last year When williams was, Hurt Laane, Thomas Yandi diaz and Then Rainaldo lopez back to, You So, Lopez boggs look McGill certainly looks like a guy who's ready for that. Role if he performed well in that role last. Year Ronaldo lopez a guy that kind of came out of. Nowhere do you believe that he can do that again in twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Five, YEAH i think you.
Speaker 3: Know obviously a huge, year very good team context as, well AND i needed another, picture AND i don't have a lot of you, know With sasaki And, cole it's a little questionable in terms of. Health so to get a guy Like, LOPEZ i think is a pretty good value.
Speaker 1: Here, okay After ronald The, Lopez mason Win, GOES i wanted. HIM i took prem opinion. INSTEAD i needed some help there in the middle, Infield Luke, Weaver Alec, Bohm Luisa, Rise Christopher sanchez To Joe Rico, sanchez let's talk about, Him.
Speaker 4: Joe, YEAH i Love.
Speaker 5: Sanchez and that was a report the other day that he's going to be adding a new.
Speaker 4: PITCH i think it.
Speaker 5: WAS i don't even know if it was actually reported what it, was but people were speculating it's gonna be a cutter or. Something he was already good, enough like what he did last year was great. Stuff, models depending on the model you look, at tend to really like. Him good line up behind, him lots of win potential as a six starting. PITCHER i love. IT i absolutely love.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Okay Joe rico very happy right now with his sixth starting Pitcher. Anglers Then brandon fought To team ten right before, well she Took Jordan romano right out of My cuan onto his, Team Francisco alvarez a catcher to end the fifteenth, round to start the Sixteenth Nolan, arenado Then, Andresamenez Jake croninworth to team. Ten So jimenez And romano to, You, Welsh ho had you feel about those?
Speaker 6: Picks, Romano i've got higher than a lot of other. PEOPLE i think some people might feel there's more of a question in the closing role For. PHILADELPHIA i Think romano is set up to be that. Guy Maybe i'm going to be, wrong BUT i didn't pay like a super high. Price if you're The phillies, Closer, romano with that, HISTORY i think You're i'm gonna like exceed great value. Here and that was my second. Closer amendez is. INTERESTING i was Using Fantasy. Pros one of the things in the live draft room you can do outside of just suggestions as you can see projections and you can see categories on where you're tracking. Categories and one ironic thing that's happened with all that power That i've been going after, guys is even THOUGH i started off so hot with stolen, Bases i've ticked down and it was telling, me you know you are falling, behind SO i decided to go With Andres. Jmenez maybe it bounced back With toronto power is not really big in that. Department more stolen, bases hopefully batting average kind of tick back. Up it actually helped me a little bit and it ticked me back up into the top half a stolen. Bases so just kind of watching my categories, Here hamenez fit into the team pretty.
Speaker 1: Well you gotta watch your categories, too before you know it's going to be bathing suit. Season Jay, croninworth Then Austin wells at six, Four Josh lowe at sixteen oh five To Joe, rico let's talk about your selection Of low here in the. Outfield you've just Got castellanos and Now low you've added to that.
Speaker 5: Outfield, Joe, YEAH i Think i've Taken low in possibly every mock we've done on camera this year so.
Speaker 4: FAR i just love the value new.
Speaker 5: Ballpark he was hurt last, year banged up and pretty much hurt everything you possibly could hurt last.
Speaker 4: Year it was like four separate injuries to four separate body.
Speaker 5: Parts but you get the bounce back with the lower price close to pick two hundred could be a twenty home run thirty five steel guy pretty easily if he stays, healthy AND i think there's a good chance that he.
Speaker 1: Will next up here after that. Selection For Joe, rico we Have Tyler, Stevenson Robbie Ray Dansby swanson at sixteen oh. EIGHT i Took Lauris gariel at sixteen oh, Nine tyler Re neil at sixteen. Ten bogman Selects kakuchi at sixteen, eleven Then Kerry Carpenter Zach eflin at the turn seventeen oh two Eastac. PARADIS i was hoping he might make it to.
Speaker 4: Me he did.
Speaker 1: Not Reyese hoskins goes at seventeen oh. Three let's back up, Here kakuchi And. Paradis how do you feel these two? Selections?
Speaker 3: Scott, YEAH i Mean kakuchi is, fine just a value pick here and need another, starter lots of. Strikeouts don't love the team context In, la BUT i thought he fell a little bit too far In. Paradus i'm excited man hitting with that short, porch a pole hitter into The crawford boxes In houston and right now unless they do Sign, bragman which would drop him in the order, obviously but if he says it, too there's not too many better spots to be hitting between Al tuovey And Jordan alvarez in the big so really like that spot For.
Speaker 1: Paradis, okay let's continue on here with the. Picks after that selection here By Scott, bogman we Have Reese hoskins AND i Took Sean manay at seventeen oh, Four Bryson stott at seventeen oh. FIVE i Think mania lasted a little too. LONG i get it like it's The is he a one year? WONDER i don't think. SO i think The mets have figured something out here with these pitchers and what they're, doing and they look like they're gonna try to do it again this year with The montasses And Clay holmes. TOO i Think Clay holmes is going to be almost like a like A Derek, lowe but with a little bit better strikeout rate potentially because he keeps the ball down so. Much that could be a really interesting play. There Bryson, Stott Ryan moultcastle with seventeen oh, Six brandon low with seventeen oh. Seven let me pause the draft here As i'm going through, here SO i don't get auto. Picked, Then Michael Talia tolia To Joe, rico let's talk about.
Speaker 5: Him, yeah good price for somebody that we've talked about a. Lot we talked about him on that show and that afore mentioned sleeper.
Speaker 4: Show good power. Potential you're gonna get a little bit of.
Speaker 5: SPEED i, mean if you're looking at just raw barrel rates and hard hit, percentages he's right up there among the very best in baseball playing In. Colorado on top of, that If talia hit like forty five home runs this, YEAR i wouldn't be SO i don't think many people would be that surprised by.
Speaker 4: It so getting him there is a corner.
Speaker 5: Bat you, know maybe there's times you start him at home and maybe if he's really cold you sit him on the road or something like. That but at this point in the, draft like round, seventeen round, EIGHTEEN i don't think you can really go wrong with that. Pick he's usually going quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Earlier next After joe's, selection we're gonna get to on Their welsh a second ringgifo Than Glabor Torres evaldi To welsh at seventeen. Eleven That finnegan and Bouton Francis go with a turn eight to oh. Two Tommy edmund So edmund And eovaldi back to back for You.
Speaker 6: Welsh Tommy edmund is like one of my favorite sneakier later picks outside the top two. HUNDRED i talked about him on a show with A Frank stanfler in the year as far as a, sleeper he's going to be playing in the, outfield a bounce back with the stolen base potential and just the run. Potential by the, way with The dodgers AND i qualifying a shortstop, HERE i had a position, open SO i was able to throw him. In evaldi is kind of again and just an innings win type of play That i'm looking to. Do i'm looking to. Stack i've got so many strikeouts that are already on the board That i'm just looking to stack some wins and some innings on some of these. Sps And i'm in this interesting space. Too we're in a head to HEAD i could have maybe possibly punted. Saves i'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: With some later.
Speaker 6: Closers and the really only hyper focus is batting, Average So i'm keeping that in my mind WHERE i might want to stack a little bit more on the saves, front big, strikeouts big, wins big innings is, pitching SO i can kind of keep you, know keep. PACE i need to probably take down. COMFORTABLY i, mean the easy answer is. SIX i need to have six comfortable categories Where i'm a monster. In right now it's looking Like i've got four or five hitting, categories SO i got to make that up on, Pitching.
Speaker 1: Presley Then. Bednar Joe rico Takes Ryan. Pepio what's his upside this?
Speaker 5: Year, JOE i, THINK i mean the ballpark worries me a little bit because you, know the positives that come with The tampa, players the position players going to the new. Park it is a bit of a negative for the, pitchers a bit more hitter. Friendly But, PEPIO i think the skill set was really, there and especially LIKE i mentioned earlier with the, Whip i'm looking for people specifically who not just the, projections but like my own had think one point two whip in lower type of range for a lot of these. Guys and according to the projections right, now my whip is projected at one point one, Seven so that's kind of What i'm aiming.
Speaker 4: For AND i leaned into it.
Speaker 1: There Cold keith goes next at eighteen oh, six And Helio Ramos christian hambelled right before. ME i was really hoping to get him. THERE i did, not SO i settle for another starting Pitcher Toash. Bradley raphaela goes at eighteen ten and eighteen. Eleven Scott boglin Selects Taylor Ward Clark, Schmidt Spencer araghetti at the turn eighteen and nineteen oh, one and Then Alec. BURLSON i was also hoping got to. Me he did. Not Scott, Bogmin you've snyped me twice now in these. Corners i'm really irritated at. YOU i just want to put that out. There love.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, YEAH i needed to boost in a bunch of categories and hitting as. Well said you have to kind of follow along in your categories and. EVERYTHING i was low IN rbi and, run still kind of low In. Homer's they have me at eight, here but that it was a nice boost getting both of those guys with back to back, picks AND i still HAVE i believe one more hitting spot to fill out outside of, catcher WHICH i.
Speaker 2: Always just wait till the.
Speaker 1: End there you, go you AND i will be fighting there as well as we both always wait till the. End they're on. Catcher next up here After, burlson who Have Parker, meadows AND i Took Nthaniel low from my Cornerspop Randa woodruff Find darth throw at nineteen oh, five especially if he's, healthy that could be a league. Winner Sean murphy at nineteen oh, Sixteen bieber at nineteen oh, seven Jul, rico you Took. Estevez we'll get back to your pick in the second BECAUSE i know you're almost on the. Clock towner How jake, McCarthy and Then i'll get prospect. Boy The welsh Takes Matt, shaw You darvish goes at the turn to start the twentieth, Round Jose burrios and Then Kenlee jansen for The. Welsh So Shawn, Jansen. Welsh let's talk about those.
Speaker 6: Picks, Well shaw is a massive value for. Me probably not gonna do me in a favor in the projection, market but you, know like when you get outside the top fifteen of you, know, shortstop even third, base you're looking in that general vicinity and you look at the potential upside for a guy Like, shaw who was twenty homers in the, miners thirty stolen bases in the miners as. Well he played in The premiere Twelve league after was like the number one hitter in The premiere TWELVE Usa. Tournament he has been an absolute Freaking he's got a position locked in for, himself good batting, average good, power speed. Combo there's just so much. Upside, frankly if he Were i'm a little. SURPRISED i guess WHEN i think, about like Where Dylan cruz And Jason dimingez go to Where Matt shaw, Is i'd point Out Matt shaw is near the tippy top OF Nl rookie of The year After Roki. Sazaki he's the number two. Guy he's has the same odds As Dylan, cruz and he went about seventy picks. Lower so that was a no. Brainer kinley was just a speculative the closing. Market there's some Guys Jason foley was out, there probably would have been a little bit, smarter Justin. Martinez if you want to go with The diamondbacks and you're, SPECULATING i went With Kenley, jansen assuming that he's gonna probably jump into a spot that's going to have a closure, role as there are some of those that are out, there But i'm not in love with The Kimley jansen.
Speaker 1: One, okay After, jansen you've Got mullins And, Cutter, Crawford, joe you select A, geloff So geloff And estevez for? You what do you think of the STFs signing here for The? Royals SO i.
Speaker 5: Tweeted it within minutes of this happening That ersa will still get the majority of the. Saves he's still going to be the lead person you want to be rostering in fantasy in terms of The royals.
Speaker 4: Bullpen but the.
Speaker 5: Money that este has, got he is going to get the job out of spring. Training unless something catastrophic happens in the month Of, March estevez is going to. Start if there's a save opportunity on opening, day it's probably going To estevez with that kind of. Money there's also salary arbitration impacts Of ersag not getting too many, Saves BUT i do think that the skill set is much higher For airsag and he will end the year with more. Saves BUT i, think considering it's a head to, head he's my third. Closer this is pick two point thirty five or.
Speaker 4: SOMETHING i took.
Speaker 5: Him even IF i just get ten or twelve saves in the first month of the season or the first six weeks of the, SEASON i can drop him after that and he still might have helped me win a couple weeks in the early.
Speaker 4: Going so don't mind him here at this price at.
Speaker 1: All NOW i was looking at him as, well so certainly a good thought. Process see, everybody there's lots of ways to find potential. Saves next up here after that selections for you get for Gel, off you Have Nick poveda at twenty oh, Seven Bernandnovan Mackenzie gore twenty, eight Then Tyler fitzgerald at twenty oh, Nine Gabriel moreno at twenty, Twelve Jack peterson To bogman and, eleven and Then Runnel Blanco Jason. Foley make the Turn Nick, Lodolo bog's another guy out. Him So peterson And lodolo your last two. Picks let's break him.
Speaker 3: Down, Yeah i'm not the Biggest lodolo fan because of his injury, history BUT i, mean the upside is. Incredible when he's out, there he pitches very very. Well and we're getting late in the draft, here SO i thought he was a pretty good selection, here And. Jock he is a platoon, guy but he's the heavy side of the platoon in the middle of a very very good. LINEUP i Know Ross resource has him projected to hit third when they're playing against righties in that. LINEUP i think Toy lovello did a great job of protecting him against, lefties AND i think they're going to end up doing that In texas as.
Speaker 2: Well SO i just think this is a really good value to get both those.
Speaker 1: Guys certainly feels like it for sure on that draft board after those selections For, Bogs christian And Carnossio, strand and THEN i hate myself BECAUSE i Took Carlos. Carea, Whatever it'll be fine for seventy, games Hazus, Lozardo Victor, Roeblisz Justin, Martinez George, Springer Gavin, williams Then andrew varn at twenty one to, Ten Chris, welsh you Took Josh young at twenty one Eleven Monthsie Ranger suarez goes at the turn Of Walker Bueler. Welsh nice election. There let's talk About Walker. Buehler your expectations now for. Him he did have some moments in those playoffs that look pretty.
Speaker 6: Good, YEAH i mean, That And i'm going all on the bounce, back all on the playoff bounce back where it looked like he was getting back to his. STUFF i love him In. Boston i've now Got buehler And Garrett crochet strikeout. Potential it's it's a. Again we were in the two, fifties two to fifty plus. Range so this is like a great bounce back opportunity for a guy that's got top one fifty overall. Upside and then my other, Pick Josh. Young i'm not even the Biggest Josh young guy in the, planet but like we're outside the top two, FIFTY i have a utel spot open. HERE i got way too many like corner third base type of. Guys but, like If Josh young returns to that twenty twenty three, side he was a double digit, barrel really in the big hard hit, range twenty plus. Homers he had a really down year last year with the. Injury there is a legit possibility Like i'm just, getting you, know twenty maybe some sneaky stolen bases he hits two sixty and investing in That rangers offense in post two fifty like absolute no.
Speaker 1: Brainer, okay no brainer For welsh there with his last. Selection we'll get To joe's here in a. Second we Had Michael garcia go Than, Rasmussen. Joe you had Taken, springer Than Lars. Newpar you're up for another, pick So i'll let you pick, There Jeffrey, springs bow nailor Then Jackson. Joe at twenty twenty two to, EIGHT i Took Ryan, jeffers got my catcher, Here ryan, McMahon Connor norby To. Bogman kim goes to team one here at the turn at twenty three oh, One Mitch Keller Michael waka back to The bogman, Here norby And. Waka how do you feel about these last two?
Speaker 3: SELECTIONS i love Getting norby here as a bench, player covers second and third in CASE i have. Injuries we know that second and third are kind of dicey this, season SO i really really like that. Pick And Michael waka is just a Value at this. Point he kept falling and falling and, falling AND i just thought he fell a little bit too far and you just grab him and stash him in my pitching. Staff so like both those.
Speaker 1: Picks, okay after that selection we had let's see, Here Michael, Walker Chris. Martin THEN i Took Kumar, rocker the future closer of The Texas. Rangers that's, RIGHT i said. It Jordan walker at twenty three oh, Five Michael, Kopek Liam, Hendrix Merril, Kelly Luis, Severino. Joe every TIME i come to, you you're on the board. Here let's talk about the last couple of picks that you've made here and the last selection you just. Made So, springer New, Bar kelly AND Dj. Hurtz great selection. THERE i love that.
Speaker 5: One, Yeah so lots of picks to go through With springer and New. Bar it's the value in. IT i mean we're getting we're talking picked past pick two, fifty so it doesn't really matter at that point if you have to drop a, guy you're taking some. Shots springer should still be the leadoff hitter In toronto because they're barely, stubborn leaving him in that. Spot and if you're hitting ahead Of, Boba Schet, Vlattie Santande er Hopefully Pete, Alonzo i'll take that all the day in round twenty, one And Lars newbar in round twenty. Two, again it just a guy WHO i think is going a little bit too, late potentially leading off there In Saint louis really like the on bass, skills and Then Merril kelly, Guy i'm hoping for a bit of a bounce back in terms of the. Volume hopefully you can get to like one fifty innings like the projections are calling.
Speaker 4: For and THEN Dj hurts are our. FRIEND Dj, hurts WHO i think is really.
Speaker 5: GOOD i had a bit of a disagreement With Nick pollock the other day On pitchcon talking ABOUT Dj.
Speaker 4: Hurts he's not quite as IN i think that he's really.
Speaker 5: GOOD i think the swing strikes are, good the strikeout rate is going to be, fantastic AND i like What washington does as a whole in terms of pitching development as.
Speaker 4: Well so no no problem WITH Dj.
Speaker 1: Hurts There AFTER Dj, hurts we have going Forward Trevor, story THAN. Tj, Friedle David festa at twenty four oh, eight Then Willie castro to, Me christopher Morel THAN Hayesu, Sanchez Kabrian, Hayes Trio, estrada back To bogmin After, sanchez and then you Select Toby. Myers There Tobias myers And. Sanchez sanchez underrated twenty twenty four. Bogs do you think he can repeat?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: YEAH i think. SO i Mean miami needs to produce some.
Speaker 3: Runs he stole some basses last season out of, Nowhere so, YEAH i thought for a bench, bat that's a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Selection Nester cortez goes next in A Roldest. Chapman we'll see if he's in that closer. Mix i'm just taking some shots, Here Camille, vodal Then Hodge, Fetti Max scherzer To joe L rico, again letting those That Blue jay flag fly real. High, honestly at this point In sures's, career what's your? Expectation how many starts does he? Make i'm gonna give you the number seventeen over.
Speaker 5: Under that's a pretty good, Number i'm sayed right in that. Ballpark i'll take a slight over and say he gets to like twenty starts in one hundred and fifteen hundred and twenty. INNINGS i think a lot of people just think he's just old and bad at this. Point but the numbers we're still pretty solid last year considering he was coming from such a high. Peak, yeah he's lost some of that. Magic but if he finished the year with the best numbers on The Blue jays pitching, staff it wouldn't really surprise. Me it really, did SO i don't mind taking him here as like my twelfth starting pitcher and taking a chance if he's, terrible if he gets, HURT i can easily drop.
Speaker 1: Him, okay after sure's are come Than Ryan, Weathers Hassei Young kim To, Welsh Cody, bradford And Spencer Horwitz Garrett. Mitchell so you Have Garrett crochet And Garrett mitchell collecting all The. Garretts we Are Welsh.
Speaker 6: Garrett's i've tried to collect The corbyn's, earlier just trying to get the namesake IF i possibly. Can Has On KIM'S i think a really solid bet, value even if he misses a tiny bit of. TIME i kind of was deplete a little bit at, shortstop but if he bounces, back big power Speed combo was out there And Garrett mitchell kind of same. Thing if you can hit closer to the top of the, lineup you can steal some bases hit for, average SOMETHING i needed to play up. For so it just bench pieces looking for some, upside right now as we, ARE i believe we're in our last.
Speaker 4: Picks we are in.
Speaker 1: Our final selections, here so very exciting times obviously here on the. Show don't. Forget make sure you're doing all of your drafts over there With Draft wizard as, well and we're gonna give you the full breakdown here in just a. Moment so after that selection Of, mitchell we're gonna go. Through here we Have Jason, Adam Grant. Holmes there you, Go Roman, Anthony Joe, Rico Sneak, snake, There Boba, Chandler Brian, Bayo Ryan. NELSON i Took Byron buckson because, WELL i already have Carls, correa so why not just tank my entire, Team Kyle, Harrison Kyrat, Ruiz Jameson, toyon Then Griffin, Jacks Jung huli Aj puck right underneath from me, THERE i took Jj, bildet who had some moments last. Year i'm fascinated to see when he gets out of that ballpark what he might be able to do now in twenty twenty five that they're playing In. Sacramento Evan, Carter, Manuarriguez Pevin, Smith Tyler sodas From Kade, Povic Nolan, Jones welsh is going to make a pick here and then we are going to finish. Up, welsh what's your last? Pick, well you're a.
Speaker 6: Braw we'll go a little bit of well you're a. Bray you on a bounce up? Here ooh grade, ooh The graades came in.
Speaker 1: Boys and somebody got an a plus part in an apple for the.
Speaker 6: Teacher, OH i wonder who it. Is by the tone of your.
Speaker 2: Voice he likes.
Speaker 1: Me Despite correa And Byron buckson on the same team, late but again whatever their bench guys at this. Point So joey p won the. Draft look at. ME i, MEAN i feel LIKE i never win the baseball. Draft sometimes the football DRAFT i, win but never the baseball team one number, Two Joel. Rico we appreciate you coming, here but you finished. Third Scott bogman at, five very nice. Here Chris welsh came in at. Eight so once, again you, Know i'm utilizing the tools. HERE i liked the ROSTER i ended up. With i'm looking right. Now what if for me was IF i Drafted elie de La, CRUZ i could have drafted third base, later but you know WHAT i Want Jose. RAMIREZ i don't think he gets enough. Credit if this guy played In New york Or, Boston, chicago we hear a lot more about how Great Jose ramirez is every single. YEAR i got some steals there. Late uh it SAID i reached On Kumar. Rocker we'll see hot. Take Andy, barns my buddy likes my draft more than anybody, else WHICH i appreciate. You, Andy i'll send you a, nice edible. Arrangement dalton Del don And Scott white also like. Mine, if, However Joe pizzapia gave me a thumbs, down as.
Speaker 6: Did you hated your own, draft as.
Speaker 1: Did Scott, Bogman, Bogman welsh and, me the entire cast Of out Of bounds On Fantasy. Pros THE nfl side hates my. DRAFT i know. Why it's BECAUSE i Took korea and, busted and that's gonna bother. Me but let's see if you guys agree if this is AN a plus. Team i'm sure that you don't from the draft grade that you've given. Me I'm i'm guessing the answer is. Nay so listen to the roster and then you give me the. Grade jeffer is A, Catcher, freeman, McClain, Pania Jose, Ramirez Nathaniel. Low then we Have Carlos, Correa, Jackson, Merrill James, Wood Anthony, Santander, Luis, Robert, Guriel, fitzgerald the, Rotation, Snell Iman, Aga, freed, McClanahan Rodn, Woo Fairbanks Manaia, bradley and then we Got, Buston, Bladet, Castro, Kumar, rocker And chapman on the. Bench, welch give me your honest.
Speaker 6: GRADE i actually like this more than maybe you would think the pieces THAT i. DON'T i don't like what you did at closer BECAUSE i think you only got like one and Then chapman is like, Speculative SO i don't love, that but you can do that if you're going to do that in this. FORMAT i don't love Like redon And freed as like specific, picks but, LIKE i think you've just a ton of depth. THERE i freaking love your outfield That, Merrill, Woods. SANTANDEER i Like robert on the bounce. BACK i, MEAN i think you've got you've got some potential blow.
Speaker 1: UPS A b plus what do you?
Speaker 6: GO i would probably give this LIKE i give this like A B b. Plus, YEAH i think that's in that general. AREA i don't hate it.
Speaker 1: All the draft grade and it says you hated, It what do you want to give?
Speaker 3: It, Yeah i'd give it AN f You Uh, No i'm. KIDDING i like well, said there are pieces to like in this. TEAM i really really like the. OUTFIELD i think you did a great job.
Speaker 2: There But i'm With. Welsh i'm not the biggest fan of not getting closers in a head to head. LEAGUE i think it's. IMPORTANT i think you need to get.
Speaker 3: It and there McLain is just. Risky uh you, Know kore is. Risky it's why you didn't like your own, team you. Know and some of these Pictures Free i'm not the biggest fan Of i'm not the biggest fan Of radon.
Speaker 2: Either so, YEAH i think B b.
Speaker 1: MINUS i live to Serve Draft. Wizard that's. It not, myself not my, own right K, Joe, Rico, Contreras Vlad Luis, Garcia Eli Do La, Cruz Austin, Riley. Toliah we Have, Geloff, Hernandez, Suzuki, Castillanos Josh, lowe we Have, Springer New Bar Reagan's, Miller, Hellsley Sonny, Gray, Bailey, Ober Jared, Jones, Sanchez Pepio, Estevez Merril, Kelly, Roman anthony Solderstrom, hertz And. Scherzer SO i took a very heavy outfield starting pitcher. Approach joe's yours was a little. Different what do you think of this? Roster are you happy with?
Speaker 4: IT i, am, YEAH i am very happy with.
Speaker 5: It there's nothing REALLY i, mean, again like the last mock, DRAFT i probably should have reached another round earlier On Garrett crochet so THAT i didn't Let welsh get. Him but for the next one we, DO i will make sure THAT i Have Garrett crochet no matter what. Happens IF i have to take him in the first, Round i'll do. It But i'm Getting Garrett croche in the next mock.
Speaker 1: Draft BUT i like, That that's.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i like.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 5: THOUGH i have two lockdown Closers miller And helsley with the potential for a third And estevez pretty good starting pitching. DEPTH i don't have any real. QUESTION i, Mean Meryl kelly might be little bit of a. Question probably didn't need to take him, there but got a couple of diamondback fans on the, show SO i don't have any problem taking.
Speaker 4: Maryl kelly there and everything.
Speaker 1: ELSE i like.
Speaker 5: IT i think the infield's. STRONG i got a good base of batting average power. SPEED i mean IT'S i like. It and the great agrees ninety two out of one. Hundred i'll take.
Speaker 6: That i'll tell you one. THING i don't know if you looked, here but On joe's, Insights Brad kamara like the draft the. MOST i am in there with the third. Most you've got a couple Of yahoo, Guys Dalton Dell don And Scott. Pianowski but the number one hater of this team hates this team the. Most Joe piezapa hates this team the.
Speaker 1: Most it's, TRUE i do because it's not. Mine and that's, well you, know all, Right let's Go Scott, Bopman Ruiz, Naylor, Marte bobby Widd junior and love this offense. Here chapman barredas terrang went way too. Late turio is a great, Pick reynolds a great, Pick cruz big, Upside, Ward, Burlson, lee Then, Kirby Garrett, cole AND i top of the, Rotation Duran. Sasaki we'll see what he brings to the major. Leagues Lopez, kakuchi ersg, Mcguil, Lodolo, Peterson, Norby, Waka, sanchez And Meyers. Bogs how do you feel about this? One it's.
Speaker 3: OKAY i think my pitching staff is kind of like building In galveston right before a. Hurricane Uh, So i'm not the biggest fan of my, pitching probably a little bit too injury. Prone really liked the offense, though even though The wizard SAID i wasn't huge on the. POWER i THINK i got enough from my positions. Here so the offense is. Good pitching staff is just built on shaky, ground WHICH i don't really. Like so closers are, good starters a little bit. QUESTIONABLE i think that's a big question mark on this.
Speaker 1: Team Welsh, herrera that's my catcher you took for, Me, Walker, Jimenez Edmund, camanara love That Casas Matt. Shaw it's a nice dynasty team you drafted. Here, Welsh, Corbyn, Carrol, Fernando, Tatist Michael, Harris Brent, Rooker Jake, Berger Josh, Young, Crochet, Rodriguez, Steele, Flaherty Al Contre, Yovaldi Then Dias, Romano, Jansen, Garrett, Mitchell, Walker, Bueller, Abreu kim and well's your. THOUGHTS i don't know what.
Speaker 6: We're talking about, Here like this offense is. Ridiculous you guys are gonna have to break down my team BECAUSE i look at this And i'm, like what are You what do you? Mean i'm the sixth in, HITTING i am through the board like batting. Average, sure But i've Got, Cossus i've got cam And, Narrow i've Got Christian, Walker, Tatis, Carol Michael, Harris Brent. Rooker what are you talking about with this?
Speaker 1: YOUTH i think this team is grading You Jack, WELL i, mean you, know But i'm, saying you've Got, Costas you've got comment, Here you've got a lot of guys that don't have complete. Seasons SO i Think Draft wizard is, saying, well it looks good, theoretically but on paper we're not ready to the math wasn't mathing for it. Yet that's what's.
Speaker 6: Happening it's wrong because it's. Amazing Dalton daltonville don. Agrees number one, LOVER i love, mine of Course i'm saying it. Here Scott white third most in the love, Department pianowski is in. There Pierre camu always hates me in any. Sport it doesn't. Matter always the, hater But joe you were the number two. Hater Kelly kerr Be Ario cohen also hate the. Team but, yeah, NO i. LIKE i mean there's some holes like middle, endfield maybe have some question. MARKS i didn't invest highly in, closers BUT i love the pitching. STAFF i think my hitting is, ridiculous my favorite Hitting i've put together so, far especially in a head to. Head So i'll take the bad. GRADE i think it's. OKAY i think this, team this team kind.
Speaker 1: Of, rocks all. Right, YouTube you have an. Assignment which roster do you like the? Most is it A, rico is It, bogmin is It? Welsh or is it Me joey P drop your comments. Below which roster do you like the most and? Why and which roster do you think is the? Worst why? Not you, KNOW i know YouTube commenters don't like to be, negative SO i know this is out of your comfort. Zone but if you want to be negative and say which team you didn't, Like i'll allow.
Speaker 4: That just.
Speaker 1: Try in the, Meantime just. Try in the, meantime make sure you subscribe to the Channel fantasy PROS Mlb ring The bell to The coast thing for notifications and run some drafts on your. Own Download Draft wizard. Today use the mock draft simulator right, now play around with the cheat, sheets play around with all the tools to, pick. Predictor that way you can start to tune up and get ready for all of your upcoming drafts and sync your. Leagues more, importantly so you can use the software while you're drafting in real. Time those real. Teams that'll do it for, us but the story of the game goes on For joe And scott And. Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next, time, Kids hoppy.
Speaker 3: Drafting thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball.
Speaker 6: Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to support us
Speaker 3: Is by leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or, Spotify follow us on, X, instagram and TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb