Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio.
Speaker 2: Podcast Happy Holidays. It's the holiday season, So are.
Speaker 1: You expecting me to sing?
Speaker 3: Grade out?
Speaker 4: So I don't, so whoop do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't no, what does that happen?
Speaker 2: Really funny sidebar. I got a text from Sarah Brice. I was like, Hey, do you want to go Christmas Caroling? And I was like, yes, I do, And so Alan's like, you didn't sign me up for that, did you? And I was like one thousand percent?
Speaker 1: And we're going Christmas caroling? I love it.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to because I'm I don't think I'm going to be able to get the kids because it's not because I really only want to go if I have the kids. And it's on you my ex's day, so that's cute. So I think it's not happening, but I still might go just to do that make Alan go. And he's like, you don't expect that I'm going to sing. And so last night we were practicing. I was like, jingle bells, jingle bells, and he'd be like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I was like, because I'm like he actually he doesn't sing. But it's cute when like I can hear him sometimes sing his Jerry Cinnamon Scotland artist guy and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, baby, you have you have a nice ton you have? He does.
Speaker 2: But I do want to say thank you to everyone who DMed me when I was talking about, uh, you were not here because your daughter was sick. We were talking about what to do about the holidays. It's just tough because I don't get Christmas Eve. I don't get that day at all. So I think a lot of people are like, oh, if you could have them Christmas Eve, then I could have them, you know, But it's like I don't. I don't have them on Christmas Eve, and I really just don't know which which time I like. I don't like any of them, but like which one's easier than the other, because it's like, it's so hard to to not have them Christmas Day noon on, and it's so hard to not have them Christmas evenight. Like every year, it's like I struggle in the like this sucks.
Speaker 4: I don't like this one. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: So were you were just trying I heard you were trying to decide whether you were going to do like a different Christmas Day again basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't. I brought it up to Jolie because I'm like, you know what, this isn't about me. It's not about what I want. And so I'm like, let me, let me just test the waters with Jolie. And so I was like, hey, girl, I was like, do you remember when Santa came early or Santa came the next day? When this was like two years ago, and She's like kind of like she didn't really remember, jas didn't really remember. I was like, well, what we did was, I was like, we asked Sanna like Santa came on Christmas Day, but then we also had you know, Santa came another day. And she was like, no, I want Santa to come on the same day. And so I'm like, okay, like if that's what if that, if that's what she wants, then you know that I'm gonna like honor that and this is about her, and so, uh, what I'm gonna do is I'm going to bake cookies with them on Thursday.
Speaker 4: And then uh, I asked Mike.
Speaker 2: If I could, uh if Christmas Eve, if there's just like fifteen minutes that I could, I'm like, I can even come pick them up. I was like, but I still want them in the act of like putting the cookies out that we make, you know, so uh And he's like that's fine. He's like, I can, I can drop them off and you know it's like we can you know, come in and come in or whatever. And I was like, no, no, I just like I just want I just want them, so like I can go. He's like, no, it's fine, like I can bring them. Like oh, I was like, but it's like I also know it's his day, so I'm like, okay, yeah, so he's going to bring them. We'll just put the cookies out and then it'll be Christmas Day when they when they come in and that I think that that's sweet. Yeah, it's it's like a bummer, you know, like the whole like I like to read the book the night before and like, right, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and so Santa will come on Christmas morning and it'll be there waiting for them, waiting for them when they get there. And then yeah, I mean, is there like a way you can start a new tradition of when that's your or that is the new tradition and can you do it the opposite way next year, like when you have them, would you take them over to Mike's and let him do the same thing if it mattered to offer it.
Speaker 2: To him, like if you want them to like come leave the cookies out. I just don't even know if they like make cookies.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That might not be good, that might not be something that's important to him, like it is important to you too, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I have no idea.
Speaker 2: But I did say, like, and if you need an hour like that too on Christmas Eve, like you can do that for you next year.
Speaker 1: There may be something different that's really important to him that maybe he asked for.
Speaker 2: And I just don't know, like some people were dming saying you should swap like one has them Christmas Eve all day, one has them Christmas all day.
Speaker 4: I just don't know what.
Speaker 2: And I maybe it'll change, like I have a friend this year doing or they're going to trad off Christmas Day. But I'm like, I don't know. I don't think I would not want to see them at all on Christmas Day, you know, right, maybe when they get older, like I want them because I didn't like Christmas because I felt like I was having to go to so many different houses and it was so stressful. So like, I want to like obviously honor what they want when they get older too, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, so we'll see. But either way, it's just like it.
Speaker 2: I just have to come to the realization that it's not how I ever pictured or saw it, and that it's okay. Like I've cried every year I haven't been with them, no matter if it was on Christmas Eve or not Christmas Eve or whatever. So it's just acknowledging that it's hard, it's not how it's supposed to be and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and making it your own, getting it to a place where it feels like it's your own and you're happy and everybody's happy with what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I appreciate everyone reaching out. I do like greatly chap that all. Have you finished your shopping?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you feel good about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got done. It's been a weird, you know year. I feel like as the kids are getting older, it's less toys, more skincare you know, But yeah, no, it's good.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte. In nineteen ninety seven, My life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte York on a new HBO show called Sex.
Speaker 4: And the City.
Speaker 3: As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City, the show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex.
Speaker 4: We all saw ourselves in them.
Speaker 3: As they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships.
Speaker 4: Now I want to connect with you and.
Speaker 3: Share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests.
Speaker 4: What will begin with Sex.
Speaker 3: And the City will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show. It brings the past and the present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of course some optimism. Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Anything you are looking forward to?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, we just do. I really love church on Christmas Eve? That's kind of you know, it's been a tradition for us and then doing dinner with you guys usually, So we'll do dinner with you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm going to break this right here. Uh oh we are having a UK Christmas dinner. A what.
Speaker 4: So it's a UK oh like you Okay, I like.
Speaker 1: Kentucky what Oh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Wait like eating?
Speaker 2: Oh but I think it sounds good. But I'm going to read you the list right now. You're not going to like the starter. We'll see if I can put so the starter again, You're not going to like it. It's it's just like different, I've never heard of it, but he it's it was sweet, like Island's like I really would like to have, you know, to make him feel like home too, because he's missing home a lot.
Speaker 4: And I'm absolutely be able to do it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, let's make it a traditional UK like Christmas dinner because that's really what he wanted as well. And I'm like, yes, I want to honor that. So for the starter, and so I'm like I literally when he told me the starter, I was like, maybe the one thing I'll ask Kat to bring is another starter because it's salmon, melon and like a broth soup.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's gonna eat that. My kids are gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, so, but for the meal, it's turkey, Okay, ham because they always have ham, I guess too, sausage, stuffing, brussels with bacon, roast, potatoes with rosemary. One thing that he really wanted was parsnips. Oh, I'll do I'll do carrots. I didn't either. I was like, what is that? And then so and then I'll do like a carrots and beats and then we're just going to do some rolls and turkey gravy.
Speaker 1: Sounds great. Yeah, but let me know what other starter you'd like me to bring.
Speaker 2: Whatever you and the kids would like, Okay, not traditional UK or no, that can be like you know yeah traditional southerns got it.
Speaker 4: Maybe with some cheese and butter or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, got it. Yeah I love that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So, I always loved doing dinner with you guys.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 1: We did get my son a truck already, I stop posted on Nick and Sea. Yeah him, that was all him and his dad, his uh souped up truck.
Speaker 4: So you didn't want to put a bow on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I had nothing to do with this. I'm literally on my way out of town. I knew we had to pick it up relatively soon, but I didn't know when I am driving out of town and he's like picking up Cadence truck and surprising him today, and I was like cool, but I just had to like.
Speaker 4: Would you have done it any like a different way?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I kind of gave them. I had nothing to do with the truck on this one. I kind of let them just handle it all, which was something for them, which was was kind of nice. With what the truck he picked, we didn't really have an option to like wait till Christmas. Like the guy needed to get rid of it. He had done some work on it, and he can really hide a truck exactly exactly. So yeah, so he's excited about it. He's been driving it. It's like real big tires has.
Speaker 4: Been driving it. Oh No, he's not alone yet, no, because that's it, but.
Speaker 1: Like the tires are big, like and so I'm like, you've got to get like used to this for the next couple months.
Speaker 4: So what makes is it hard to drive big tires? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's like real wide lifted, like the truck is lifted and with big tires, oh, so like the radio has been driving my yes, like I don't even know. He has not attempted to park it yet. He'll probably have to park like far away, right, I mean yeah, I mean my truck is big, so he's kind of used to it. The radius isn't as good because it's like, you know, an old truck with big tires. So yeah, I'm excited for him.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: So that's fun.
Speaker 4: Did you get Nick anything?
Speaker 1: I did a lot of random stuff you did, Like, this.
Speaker 2: Is the first year he didn't ask me what to get you, and I'm a little worried.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 4: He didn't ask me at all, and I was like I was waiting for it to be like I would.
Speaker 1: Like I sent him like two things. I know one he didn't get, but I think he got the other maybe. So we weren't really going to do gifts because there's like just so many practical things we need to do right now, like a new garage door and like random stuff. Yeah, so I kind of thought we were just going to take care of all that. Yeah, but then we just kind of haven't, so we did. I just did like clothes for him and some like practical hunting gear stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you do Brown?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't say because he I mean, not that he listens to the podcast, but but I did get him something, but I was it's not that I was.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: I would always get him something. But I really wanted to do the practical stuff too, because I really, I really really really really really want to sauna like badly because I'm trying to like detox a few things and I've just like heard so many benefits of saunas, but they're expensive, and so I'm like, babe, why don't we just do that together? And he's like, no, it's Christmas, you need to open things. I'm like what, I'm like, I just I'm like I don't need design or this design. Like I was like, please don't like police, you know what I mean, Like, let's put it together, let's put it to the tennis court. We want to do in the back or the you know, it's not like those things. I'm like, I don't. I'm like, or wrap a beautiful framed something like. That's like, please don't spend the money. But he's just and it's something I've actually never I would always spend money and do really nice gifts, like for my ax and stuff. I never got that reciprocated back, like I don't think ever. And so with Alan, it's like it's so sweet that he wants to, but I'm like, I really don't. It's nice, but I'm like I don't need it. Yeah, and it's like he it's like it doesn't matter right, right, So.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure y'all will get lovely gift.
Speaker 2: But it's sweet. Yeah, anyways, but I love like I love the holidays.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, so excited.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, and it's so nice to everyone's like, well, you say I have Roman. I'm like, I know, but it's it would be nice to just have all the babies.
Speaker 1: But we will, It'll be great.
Speaker 4: Everything will be great.
Speaker 1: It'll be great. Everything will ye well, you'll it'll be I I know that it will be hard for you. It always is, yes, but I do feel like you'll see a cool part of it with y'all and Roman too.
Speaker 2: H yeah, I think that'll be easier when he gets older, right, but and the like the kids can help too. I will say this though, and you know I love my husband so much, but that man does not do well with the elf on the shelf.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're awful and like.
Speaker 2: My kids are so bummed when he doesn't move, and so he even put like a an alert in his phone and I.
Speaker 1: We have one every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he never does it.
Speaker 2: I'm always doing it, and it's one of the things I'm like, please, I need your help with it because I will forget. But I don't think Roman's going to get enough on the shelf.
Speaker 1: Oh I wish we would have never done that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like if if the I'm going to ask the kids if they want to do it for Roman when they know that the elf on the shelf, and then after that, like that'll be their job. If they want to do it, they'll do it for a little while and then they'll.
Speaker 1: Say, then you'll get to where we are where nobody's Like last year, Emmy and all our friends were helping. It was so creative. It's all the things they haven't moved at once this year. Yeah, well I take that Backimmy's maybe move moved them a couple of times, but we're just not like creative.
Speaker 2: It's so creative that I'm just like, we just move them. I mean, they get so creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am like slightly jealous of those people, but also I don't have it in me, so right, it's fine though, everything's fine, everything's fine.
Speaker 4: It's a holiday season, so they do all right.
Speaker 2: So on that note, we hope everyone has a happy holiday, and we just are so thankful for you for listening to the show, and we just yeah, we hope everyone has a safe, healthy and happy holiday.
Speaker 4: And remember why we have this season. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.