Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, we're brown, ambish, ambitions, ambition and ambition.
Speaker 2: Why are we magic today? And we're wearing blue? Were never wear blue?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And we're all blue?
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, hey, beauty, helly, you always give me something new to giggle about it. And I was giggling because like, clearly you had your nails done, because there was a lot of fingerography, hand agraphy. They look great.
Speaker 2: They look at you right, not me becoming a whole lady at forty five. I'm like, it's late.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I know, you know, I'm just starting to get my last done, my nails done. I'm like, is this what that girl's based ufering through? I mean, I don't mind getting my nails done, but I'm like, it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mind it something much time.
Speaker 2: Someone someone's gonna fall. Here's the thing. I actually like the feet because you know, you just sit there, you know, scrolling your phone.
Speaker 3: You can do things.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hm, on nails, you'd be like, oh my god, give you my handbag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you look gorge gosh. I hmm, how are listen where? I just went to therapy yesterday and I have the good news is that I always have so much material to work with, and there's some things that I could just leave in the back of the closet, you know, that are just kind of like that's something that we need to work, that we need to talk about, but we're just I'm just gonna like, look at this shiny drama over here. You leaving Brown Ambition is like one of those things. And now it's like I have been looking forward to this episode, these episodes and be a fan. This is a series that we're gonna be doing because I'm not letting Tiffany go, as uncomfortable as maybe it makes her feel. I don't know. I ain't let you go without a show. I'm not letting you go without an acknowledgment of the legacy that you are leaving us with. And so I guess I know how I'm feeling, which is like I pingbong between emotions all the time. But are you ready to be to look at what's next together and like really talk about the end and like face it with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean someone actually asked me to like how's it going.
Speaker 1: And for the most part, I'm someone who when big things happen, I'm pretty chill, but.
Speaker 2: Then I get bursts of And I had that the other day. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I saw one of our clips and it was like hilarious or something like that, and it hit me like wait, you know, like my brain doesn't hold things like consistent. It'll just they come in they're like, oh, like you know what I mean. I don't not explain it where I'm It's almost like this is how I manage. This is how I cope because there's a lot of big things that are like happening in general, right, and so if I hold them all like heavily, it can be very overwhelming emotionally.
Speaker 2: So I've learned to be like a little bit, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: They're not disassociating necessarily sometimes that but not necessarily, but like you know, like hold it lightly. But the other day, I don't know if it was a clip or something, and it hit me like a ton of bricks, like, oh my god, I got a little weep be like I think maybe it was like clip of us at the at the live show, and I was watching it and I was laughing, Oh my god, and I was like wait, So it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Speaker 2: So I'm okay. I just I'm sad about it, you know. But also.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's it's a weird thing because yes, I'm leaving Brian and Mishap, but I'm leaving Mandy. And I think that's the part that like doesn't feel as weird because I think sometimes when you leave a thing, it's like, oh, I'm leaving all my work friends, and it's like, yes, but that's actually not what's happening here.
Speaker 2: So there's this weird it's the same but not the same, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be a more normal friendship, I guess, not every friendship. It's like I'll see you on the internet, but thousands of people watching on Monday. Cool every Monday. Well ah yeah, ye. How am I feeling today? I'm feeling good. I woke up and it's not the thing is you know, I could talk about how I'm feeling, but it's never just one thing that's contributing to like the swirl. I actually wrote about it to my in a newsletter yesterday, and I was trying to describe the emotional like sort of not even a roller coaster, because that's sort of like one dip and then you're I'm just it's like I said, it's ever since I found out you were leaving, it just has felt like every emotion from inside out too, because they introduce some new fun ones like anxiety. Yes, it's like being put in a blender, and it's just like every like pulse, you know, not consistent, just like pulse pulse. So I get these like it really changes from time to time. But what I keep centering myself on is the goal. The point of everything is to go through this transition and still feel like me and tiff are exactly as strong as we've gotten. I feel like we've worked for our friendship and our business partnership. I think we've worked for it, and I just want to like protect that. Okay, well, I don't want to spend too much time on the future right now, because who even knows what kind of world we're going to be in. It's not just Tiffany leaving, it's like where is our democracy going to be? But I want to look back, and I think we have talked ad nauseum about the origin of brown Envision.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 3: And if you guys don't know the origin story, you know the cliff notes, cliff notes, spark notes, whatever version. As Tiffany and I met in person for the first time at finn Con, I was actually writing about this from my book. Tiffany and I went back and I like, I was looking at pictures, I was reading email chains, I was trying to find the blog post, and I was trying to find the article on Business Insider that I originally wrote, which is when I was first I discovered you, like to myself, but I didn't meet you in person until until finn Con. But anyway, it wasn't that finn Con that brand ambition was born, but our friendship was born. Ore like, I don't know, you just meet people, And this most recent FINCN just reminded me how you don't have that click with but just everybody. You really don't. It's magical and special and I definitely don't take it for granted. But we had that spark, that kindred spirit, kind of connection. And the next year is when I started to scheme in Charlotte and Charlotte in twenty twenty five, we were I saw this video of us on the Finance bar bus on Marsha's bus getting a tour I got to show you this clip of you and I think it was you, Tanya and Marsha, and you were just like so silly. You're you're making up some song, like hamming it up for the camera. But you weren't at the time, like the you know, the New York Times bestselling author like Budgetista was still in its couple of years infancy. Like if you can look back, what I'm curious about is back at that time, as a business owner and just exploring your own business or building your business at the time, why did you say yes to Brown Ambition? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You no, for real, like honestly, because what I didn't even know what a podcast was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, not really. I mean I think i'd heard of it.
Speaker 1: I was like, honestly, it wasn't That wasn't the draw because like nobody knew podcasting is going to do what it's doing now.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the draw.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, I like her, she's fine, went to okay. It's almost like you say you want to come up to my house and hang out.
Speaker 2: It's like mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Literally, like that was the only qualifier. I was like, not really sure what this podcasting is a man, it seems really nice and cool.
Speaker 3: I like her and sure.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, it was like, what a big and little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: I can't believe literally had no research.
Speaker 3: I was like, sure, no business strategy.
Speaker 1: No, not literally, not at all, because I just honestly said, what I heard was this person that I think is really great and fun and cool and nice. She's like, do you want to do a project together? And I said okay. I said okay to you, not necessarily to the project, because we didn't have a name. We didn't I didn't know really what podcasting was. It was just you asked me to do a project, and I liked you, so I said okay. And that's literally and it's funny because that's the same now you know. I'm here, you know, because of Mandy. And I remember because my I had another friend asked before you asked me to do a podcast together?
Speaker 2: Ooh, Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm not gonna say names because you know who she is. And I said sure because at the time I thought we were really close. And I said, oh, that sounds cool, you know, and like she was like, it's like a radio show, da da da or and I said sure, and then maybe a week or so before you asked me, she dropped me, and I heard my feelings kind of because she said, I know, I said, ask she I for you, and to be honest, I mean, to be fair, she was honest.
Speaker 2: She said, I know.
Speaker 1: I said that we should do a podcast together, but one of her friends or one of her mentors or something like that said that she shouldn't do it with me because we do we're too similar in this space.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, she said, I don't even know, like I.
Speaker 1: Can't remember the exact words, but essentially that I'm you know, it's competition, you know that if we did something together. And I was like, but in my mind, I was like that that doesn't make sense because you're my friend and what what you know what I mean. I just remember being really like, well, okay, and so when you asked me, in my mind, I was like, is she gonna drop me too?
Speaker 2: Because I like this girl too.
Speaker 1: But when you asked me, I was like, I was really eager because I was like, okay, yes, and then we actually did it.
Speaker 2: So now I look back, I'm like, hey, this couldn't been you. It couldn't have been No, she's still cool, but I mean not to me.
Speaker 3: At the time. You know this, there was this dynamic of in terms of like social media platform and you had an audience baked in. Whereas I was a reporter, I wasn't the draw for the brands that I was working for for Yahoo, for Business Insider, I was doing articles underneath that brand. But like there was this element of being the Kelly Roland to Tiffany's Beyonce, and not everybody can be Kelly. Kelly is fucking phenomenal. Thank you, and I'm really proud to be a Kelly. Like I'm really proud. It's not like, you know, who's the difference between Kelly and Beyonce. It's not a question of like who's more talented, or who works harder, who dances better, who has the better voice. It's because Kelly has on paper everything that Beyonce has and so much strength. And it's just about feeling. It's about being able to step beside such a bright light and not feel like you are being cast in shadow. And I mean, I'm not a saint there. I will not lie and say that there weren't times when I felt like, you know, okay, it's Brandon ambision with Tiffany and who and you know, like feeling like yeah, I mean I think that I have those human feelings sometimes, especially you know, we have a guest on and it's like who is she? Who? Hi, Tiffany, You're my friend? Like I like, you know, and but at the same time like not like learning how to I think it was one of the great lessons as a friend, as a sister, as a person, greatest lessons to be put in a position where you are side by side with someone who shines so brightly undeniably, you know, and then to be coming into my own light at the same time, but not letting your war light intimidate me that I has to seeing you like grow to this light that you know that you are now.
Speaker 1: I think like the first time when it was like yes, it was I don't know why, randomly, but we decided to go live, and I think our audience could like go live on like Instagram, Oh we did, yes.
Speaker 2: I think I think our.
Speaker 1: Normal like Arbha bisht I was like, oh my god, we love Manday blah blah blah. But when we went live on IG I don't think people realize how freaking hilarious you were oh. I remember distinctly because I remember being shocked at how many people were like, oh my god, minute. I'm like, well, do oh, y'all don't know, Mandy, because you were cracking all the jokes. Everyone thinks that I'm just a silly, funny one. I'm like, hey, no, you know, And I think it was like then it was like I don't know, maybe it was I don't know when it was when we went live on IG together for the first time, but it cracked open this like, wow, Mandy is hilarious and funny.
Speaker 2: We knew she was smart, obviously she's reor but like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: And so I think that I love that because it allowed people who maybe didn't listen to the podcast to realize that, like, oh, there's two smart, hilarious, brilliant women on this podcast. And I feel like I can see it when people come up to us. I remember the first time someone came up to me, he was like, here's a huck for me, Andy.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was so geeked when you told me that. Oh my god. I would wait when you came back from any big event or like maybe like anybody mentioned because it was a sign I'm like, we're getting through. We're getting through.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of like the earliest days of the podcast. One of the most iconic moments, and this is when if we were like the Save by the Bell throwback episode at the end of the season, this is when they would like do like the little string orchestral because I will be inserting clips, yes I will. The iconic pack Panny conversation, which was on episode two or three. I want to say that was one of the moments that in the beginning I didn't know what to do with that other than like just I was like, is this for brown ambition? Oh well, don't say wait, because no, I think it was you made it so safe, You made me feel so safe, just to bring that level because would always take it to one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I remember asking me like, because I don't know, I think I was saying, like, I don't what do people do for like what do women do for underwear, because like mine just keep falling apart or whatever. But yeah, that was one of my favorites because I realized because I didn't know what kind of show we were going to do, but I like it's a show. Obviously, this is a finance show, but it's a finance and friendship show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I took I took myself a little too seriously in the beginning. I really did see my position in the beginning. I thought of it as like, Tiffany is the the comedian, the sparkle, and I almost I would like tell myself, this is Tiffany. She's bringing the light and the fun and the joy and the you know, the key key and the comedic relief. And it's I looked at it as my position to like be the somber like fact finder. Well, Tiffany, let's check the let's go to the facts, because according to this study into and that side of me still comes out a little bit because I just like, I still consider myself a journalist. But it was it took me a minute, I think, to get comfortable, not necessarily like with you, but definitely with like not necessarily needing to like beat the audience over the head with like facts and data and statistics and news and Okay, so pack Panties is just one of those iconic moments. It's the moment that sticks in my mind when I think about Okay, this is not going to be the show that maybe I like my straight a journalism four point oh gpa, you know brain wanted it to be, but that it was going to be something quite different. Yes, this is brown break.
Speaker 2: Time because it is Brown Break.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go first?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: So I was walking here and I was walking here and my pack underwear was riding up my behind as I always us, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Great, you know what, and I say it again, your pack underwear. So I call it pack underwear because you buy it a pack some people. I'm like, people don't buy you know, Hanes.
Speaker 3: I didn't know people under the age of forty five bucks under pack.
Speaker 5: It's like past the age of thirteen and under the age of forty five you should not be buying your underwear and a pack I didn't know.
Speaker 2: And so like they never fit. So one, you either have the GRAMDMA fit.
Speaker 1: It goes up to your navel and just like you know, it almost looks like, you know, like the sixties bathing suits that are like really cute, highwaisted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it looks like over the belly, yes, And so.
Speaker 1: It either looks like that or or you look like a six year old because they're like, you know, they actually have like designs and stuff on them or unicorns, yes and so, and it just never fits my butt. So it's either way too big for my butt or it's literally like slicing my cheeks in half.
Speaker 2: And so I just never can find the white pack underwear. And then Annie told me that there's my problem right there.
Speaker 5: Stop buying your underwear and a pack, ladies.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, but what, so what I don't want? Necessarily?
Speaker 1: I feel like either I have pack underwear or I have like my Lacey numbers for what I want to get sassy, you know, So what's in between? And uh?
Speaker 2: Full coverage?
Speaker 5: Because I feel like there was a point in my life when I was in high school and I don't know why I was, but I would go to like Row twenty one and I'd buy the dollar thongs and then they would just sit in my drawer. I used to have this big wad, I like tangled up, never worn maybe, but once they had like little things dangling from them.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I was a virgin until like how long? No, I did not need to have dangling.
Speaker 5: Dollar signs for my undermind, like thongs. Nobody wanted to see me thought they always rode up the back. Yes, they made it like a line in your ass. You can see through your jeans and your dress.
Speaker 1: Never because I'm like, I'm gonna pay underwear to ride up the kind of but I have, you're paying for a wedgie basically.
Speaker 2: And so I had those same.
Speaker 1: Things because I would get it from Joyce Leslie. Did you love a Joyce Leslie? It's like rainbow, Okay, we like that kind of I get it. And so Joyce Leslie used to have, like for like a dollar, they would have like you know, like thongs, all this lace and like all this beating and stuff, and it just seemed like a good idea at the time until you put them on, You're like, but.
Speaker 2: Why because it's cute?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So the next part of the journey that I think really sticks out for me is our love relationships. I think I don't know if you've ever have you listened back to the very first episode of Brown Ambition. It will I don't know if it'll make you cringe, But my baby, my baby voice that still had a little bit of that southern twang.
Speaker 2: Oh I did.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, I'm Mandy.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's Tiphany and this is Brown Ambition.
Speaker 5: I've been a reporter in New York City for five years. Right now, I'm a writer at Yahoo Finance. I write about money, business, career, basically anything to do with the world and how it impacts your wallet.
Speaker 1: And I am Tiffany but much better known as the Budget Lista and I'm a financial educator, best selling author, speaker, teacher, all things personal finance. Basically, on this podcast, we're we're going to be talking about career, relationships, life and living in this brown skin.
Speaker 5: We work, we start businesses, we help one another. We do everything we can to make a better life for ourselves. And that's what Brown Ambition is all about. So here are some topics you might hear us talk about on the podcast.
Speaker 1: How to deal with office bulliefes and microaggressions, Coping with being the only one in the office, Yes, how to.
Speaker 2: Get money for a new business even when you have no idea what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Should you care if people think you have resting bitch base guilty? What to do when by earns less than you guilty guilty, Whether or not we should use the word bay in everyday conversations.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of thoughts about this, but the way that we were so green and young in love in our relationships, I wondered, if you can think I mean, obviously there's the I mean, it could be more different than it was ten years ago, nine years ago when we aired, when we recorded that episode, But I wanted to reflect on us as like, were you specifically and how you feel like you've grown as you know, someone in love someone, how you approach your romantic relationships, your your idea of partnership and how that changed.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm trying to think, how what year did we start Brandonbishing again?
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen?
Speaker 2: Twenty fifteen, So I was thirty.
Speaker 3: Five and when you said you said that on the show on the first episode, really I was like, oh my god, I'm the exact same age as Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, be grown not growl maybe being baby tipically, Yes, yes, that's so crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was thirty five and Jirelle and I had started dating again at thirty four, so we I met him in my mid twenties, early to mid twenties.
Speaker 2: We dated a little bit when we were thirty, but I was.
Speaker 1: Really focused on Bujanisa and then at thirty four, we were like, okay, let's like, we'll we go for this. So by then we probably were dating for like, if not a year, nearly a year, so he wasn't new to me. You know, this is somebody who, like I cared about.
Speaker 3: For vera think you guys were living together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if we either, I had just moved in because like, because I remember he was because I lived around the corner.
Speaker 2: He was like, you always over here, which is something droll say, you might as well just move in. So I did.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know but then two years later we'd be married. But yeah, then I was My thoughts about love then were I was ready to settle down. I had been doing budget easta for a while and I hated coming home after something amazing happened. And then you know, it was just like me and I just realized that I wanted more than just whatever financial business success could bring. That I want a companionship. And you know, I had always really cared about Durell and he just was always kind and sweet and considerate. And I think by when by that time I knew I wanted to marry him, I think I probably already gave him a ultimatum, because I said, you got about one year, sir, It'll take a whole year to recognize sunshine. That's what I told him, I said, December thirty. First you either go and have a roommate or what did I tell him? I said, you're gonna have a fiance or a new roommate. And so yeah, by the next year, he'd asked me to marry him. And then we got married at thirty when I was thirty seven, so the year after that and yeah, so my approach to dating is still kind of the.
Speaker 3: Dating, but like a partnership. Like when you were you were literally like Darrell at the time, you were approaching the kind of partner that you wanted at the time, and you were such a different place blank slate, whereas now we know you gotta boy.
Speaker 1: So I'm a partner now, But it's different in that then I was very, very very focused on getting married, focus on getting married.
Speaker 2: I want to have kids, I want to get married. I won't have kids, wan't get married.
Speaker 1: So that is not the same That urgency is not there where if I were to get married again, okay, if not, Okay, Honestly, I'm literally like however, the wind blows, and I'm not trying to have children, so I don't have an urgency. I'm just in partnership now. I'm just seeking, like truly a partnership, somebody who is kind to who's considered, someone who I can trust. And but I'm not concerned if I get married or not. You know, if that happens, they'd have to be pretty amazing. I mean, like, my partner now is great, but there's a different level of great now. Doctor Green reminded me. She said, this is a different type of dating that happens before and after marriage, Tiffany, She said, because before marriage, you're guessing what kind of partner you need. You know, You're like, oh, I want this, I want that, I want this and that. And she said, after marriage, you're like, I kind of know, you know, because it's different. Like if so my partner now, for example, if I had never been married before, I'd be like, hell yeah, I'd marry him because he has all the fairy tale checklist things that you'd want. But Tiffany, who's been married, is like, girl, we need a little more.
Speaker 2: Of thistle or you know, the real deal, because.
Speaker 1: Child, I mean, you know, every married, one will tell you is not always easy. And so there's some components that you're just like aside from the checklist, a good person kind, but there's some other things and so like I am, you know, like if I don't have those things, I'm okay with not getting married because child, you know, marrying the wrong person. I didn't marry the wrong person. But marrying the wrong person, you know, is hell and a headache. And I'm not interested in that because you had the fairy tale thing. So that's where I am now where I'm really content with my love life and dating life now if it grows and matures into something more great, and if not, I'll never be alone. I got sisters and friends, Okay, I'll be right a man his house, Like, hey, hey Benbino, I'm yet t t.
Speaker 3: I would love that you have no idea the way that I get jealous when I think about like your you know, your friends, who are your neighbors just down the street. I'm like, oh, what would life be if Tiffany was just around the corner? I would never go home or you would never go home.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, tip my babies off.
Speaker 3: That's what it's really better this way the biggest thing for Oh and okay, I'll get to that in a second. But I did want to be before we moved too far away from the pack panny thing. I went and found the name. I was like, what was the name of that episode? Do you know what the name of the episode was?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. We just went ahead and put it in the title no More Raggedy Underwear.
Speaker 2: Oh now, what's that? Wow?
Speaker 3: Episode twenty six Okay, it wasn't like episode two. You know, there was a lot of life. We went through a lot to that first year of the podcast. Because I'm looking at these titles, I'm like, Tiffany makes a big baby decision. That's when I think you were talking about, like I'm going for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked.
Speaker 3: I mean we had to go through the election together. Yeah, the twenty sixteen election. That was both of our engagements. Our episode fifteen put a ring on it when I say this title, what do you remember what this is about? Okay, maybe you will, maybe you won't. Episode fourteen, Gifted Hands, foolish mind. No, you know, remember think about the election cycle, think about a politician gifted hands.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna say Gifted Hands is the name of the Oh Ben Carson.
Speaker 3: Ben Carson, remember he was like, wasn't he like running for office or something?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: He just yeah, it brings it back.
Speaker 2: Man, what a legacy burner.
Speaker 3: Some of our earliest guests, I mean we didn't have I mean, we were small. I mean I don't even think how could you compare our side to any other podcasts They were so new. But our earliest guest morgan to on a blavity that was our first like I thought it was a back yeah, and afrotech. Oh, I'm gonna be an afrotech. There was also Lovey was one of our very first guests. Oh my days. But we didn't we we I feel like we decided early on, like this magic of us being in the like road tripping together. It kind of felt like, you know, Thelma and Louise every time we started a show, like not to drive off a cliff, but to be side by side. Oh my gosh, it's fun looking at these Why every woman needs an FU fund No more raggedy underwear Wanda has. Wanda has zero FS to give.
Speaker 2: I wonder what happened there, but I know Wanda's what I call my eighty year.
Speaker 3: Old Wanda is what you call your eighty year old self. Okay, Now, friendship. We talk a lot about our friendship. You, I think, in small spurts have mentioned your shift as a friend and like the kind of friendship that you ten years ago started the show where we had patients for and like, how like what have you learned about like keeping certain people in your life and exercising certain people from your life over the past ten years, because that's definitely been a theme of your growth. If I think, excuse me, think.
Speaker 1: Back to well, remember like we had I don't know if we had an episode we talked about bully friends.
Speaker 3: Remember, oh yeah, I mean was that a whole We definitely talked about bully friends and that I got very afraid that I was your bully friend.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, And so so I used to have I mean ever since I was little, you know, I just had this I don't know, this thought that brought on that I it was okay to mistreat me, you know, in friendship. And so I always had a bully friend and typically you know, she was it typically was a girl, and she probably was my best friend at the time.
Speaker 2: I think about my college in college.
Speaker 1: I think about certainly some of my elementary and middle school of friends, and even as a grown adult, I got rid of my last bully friend. I was like, thirty nine, I'm sure she's probably gonna be like because she's hyper.
Speaker 2: Sensitive, because anybody should see anything, girl, it's happening to blow it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, because I'm like whatever, because the truth of the matter is everybody around bullies knows, but bullies all, you know, especially like a sensitive bully who's like not me, but seically the people be knowing. Because I used to be an enabler too. When I saw her bullying, I'd be like, well, I know, but you know, I just she well, you know, I kind of would just but if someone would say something, I'd be like, we all know, you know so, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't tolerate that anymore.
Speaker 1: So, you know, i'd gotten rid of, I would say, the bulk of my bully friends after I graduated college, but I still had some remnants of a handful of people who you know, kind of just came into the future with me. And then finally my final one was Yeah, around thirty nine forty, I think I was saying I'm not going to go into forty with this kind of relationship anymore.
Speaker 2: And I cut it off.
Speaker 1: And you know when you've done the right thing about letting someone go. I mean, I didn't just cut it off like I stopped talking. I said, hey, it's not this is not happening anymore, and you can't have access to me, you can't be a part of my life.
Speaker 2: I just made that clear. So it wasn't like, you know, I didn't just ghost.
Speaker 3: And it was like, if you don't fix, like, here's the things you need to fix, I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Like prior to that, we've had those conversations. So it wasn't like it wasn't just out of the blue. It was like we had those conversations. We had to conversation. Honestly, she was really I look back and I'm like, I wish I could go back and cuss her the hell out, like the Tiffany I am now, because there was some stuff like yeah, because honestly, there's some things. What I've learned now is that bullies, people bully friends like that don't treat everyone that way. They know kind of who will allow for the bad behavior, and they don't start off that way, but once they start to realize that, I would allow for the beast behave. You know, you say something slick and I don't correct it, you say something mean, I don't correct. I remember like she used to call me stupid, yes, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: What context like, So it was wild kind of like stupid, you know, because it would be like, girl, you know, you're just so stupid and I'd be like, because I'd be like it was borderline like you stupid but not quiet, and I'd be like, don't say that, you know, I told you I don't like when you say that, and she'd be like, oh gosh, girl, you just I mean, you know, I'd just be playing and things like that would come up where I'd be like, I feel like there's an undertone here, you know, like it's not given.
Speaker 2: Like girls stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like more like or I remember because low key, high key I know she was jealous of my business. I said it girl, you know you were, And I know someone's gonna show this to her and she's gonna listen and say this is what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't care honestly that it's happening.
Speaker 1: Because everyone everyone was so afraid to tell her about herself, and it's it's as a result, you know, she she morphed into a person that people did not want to be around.
Speaker 2: Certainly, it's not like she doesn't have any friends.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I knew that it was the right choice because after I stopped being her friend and I kind of let my friends know, everybody was like final, freakingly the hell, And literally there were people who had stopped coming around as much that I didn't realize. They were like, yeah, I didn't want to come to your events. I didn't want to come to your parties. I didn't want to because I didn't you know, she's nasty, And I'm like, wow. So the place I am in now is that when I look at every single person, like you you came to my house for my birthday, the level of love and openness, like, I am inundated with love.
Speaker 2: You know, I over index in good kind people.
Speaker 1: There is not even a whiff of nastiness or bullingness or in any of the people that I surround myself with. And I always thought that if I was overtly nice, that's the kind of energy you got back. But what I learned is that's not true, that clearest kind. And I am very clear with anyone who enters into my life newly that I will not tolerate, you know, mistreatment. I remember my bully friend used to say things like because she she had her own business, she would say things like we would be talking about somebody with a business, like, oh, that business does good, and they would have hit a milestone and I'll say, well, I hit that milestone. She's like, yeah, but like for real, like they hit that milestone for real.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, you know.
Speaker 1: But so there was a constant like devaluing of me as a person, but me as a business person. And that's when I realized, oh, that's just called jealousy because we had started our business around the same time and quite yeah, no, yeah, And here's the thing, you know, me, I'm always the alleyber. I mean, I'm gonna put you on, I'm gonna say your name, I'm gonna put you into rooms.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, and so so I was doing that.
Speaker 1: And I realized that like I was the only one doing that, and then my my act was being misused and people who I was giving folks giving her access to she was mistreating, and so they would come back to me and say, hey, you know, I wasn't treated right. And then that's when I realized that aside from the personal part, the professional part also had to disable and so old Tiffany would be like, oh, don't say all this stuff, Tiffany. Now, I'm okay with it because the truth is the truth. And maybe she's different now, but quite honestly, I don't care. I mean, I prayerfully, I hope all things are well, but there's no access here, like I don't you know, like I don't you know, there's no a day has not passed. I've missed that friendship, not even a little bit. That's how you knew it was really toxic. And I had participated in it. You know, it wasn't like you know, this is not don't cry for me, Argentina. I allowed, I did not correct, you know, I you know, I enabled the bad behavior. But I don't do that anymore. So my friendships now, like I just look for good kind people. If I am afraid to tell you how I feel, and if I'm afraid, you know, to show up fully as myself, then I know this is not a friendship. Or even a connection that I want to keep up with. And so when I look around now, like you know, I've never felt more blessed, which is so crazy.
Speaker 2: Because Darrell's not here, but I am in such a good place, like despite that great loss.
Speaker 1: And I have to really credit him because Darrell was not you know, he wasn't about that life anybody bullying him.
Speaker 2: So losing him, it's almost like I absorb some of his nerve and gall you know, because.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff to drug. Did not put up with the bullshit, you know, I w was tell him like, oh baby, people like what you want me to talk to her?
Speaker 2: Because you want you know, I'm like no, no, no, no, no, do you know?
Speaker 1: And so you know, so there's a lot of like I don't know, Darrell lived this like free, beautiful life. He was kind to people and he was honest, but he was also like, you know, like I'm all with you on and so I felt like I absorbed some of that, Like I'm not afraid of people anymore. You can't talk to me any kind of way. Be careful what you say about me in these streets, because I promise you the person that you you think you key key in with I probably helped them in the past, and they're really looking at you like you're crazy.
Speaker 2: The things have come back to me. I'm like, oh really, see.
Speaker 1: She was about to get the opportunity, didn't she fucking up herself thinking that she's gonna fuck it up for me?
Speaker 2: Not me, girl, Because the.
Speaker 1: Thing is, I try to move right and tight. You know, I'm kind to people, I'm honest, I don't take advantage. So yeah, it's just a different Tiffany, Like I am much tougher. I'm kinder, meaning I'm clearer, but I'm also much tougher. So yeah, my stance on friendship now is like like your reaction to me telling you that I think it's time for me to leave brand ambition is the type of friendship that I seek.
Speaker 2: Now, one where it is safe to say that I did not feel unsafe.
Speaker 1: I was I don't want to say worried, but like sad because I didn't want to make you feel sad or make you think that I was leaving because you did anything.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't scared to tell you yeah, because I thought.
Speaker 1: That you'd be like, well, that's well, you're not my friend, you know, what I mean that it was just more so like, oh man, this is a sad feeling, and I know it's going to bring up feelings of sadness, but I'm not afraid of Mandy or think that Mandy's gonna weaponize this to hurt me. And so that's the kind of friendship that we should be able to say the hard things in a kind way in a safe space. And everybody who's close to me I have that with him. So, yeah, are you making new friends today? At some I mean, like, you know, I don't, you know, I don't open the doors quite as easily because when i'm your friend, girl, it's like we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: I like to go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: So you know, I don't have a ton of capacity for like a bajillion folks. But obviously some people, you know, trying to make their way. I'm like, they're trying to making their way down to well get fast, and I say, we'll see because actions speak louder than words, and so you know, not that I get people tests or anything, but I'm just like, you know, if this is truly going to develop into a friendship, then it will. So I'm open to friend and ships, but I'm certainly not chasing after.
Speaker 3: Them, gotcha. Yeah. My therapist reminded me after my big friendship breakup last year, was like, you know, and you can make new friends, and I was like, oh the work, but yeah, there's Yeah, I've learned a lot from from like your pro like the way that you've shared stories about your friendships over the years. I know we always talk about that one, but because obviously it was like it's like my one, I'll probably still be talking about her in ten years. But yeah, I think that kind of transparency is just it's just why everyone loves you, why this show is so different. Okay, so episode eighty seven, Tiffany is going to bring us into our next category, which is health. Because episode eighty seven was called you ready if you had to guess?
Speaker 2: No, that was later water.
Speaker 3: To get there. Why if I have to spend every hour, I'm gonna find every clip of you talking about a new workout routine and how this is the best thing. It's my my brown boost this week, I'm walking that, I'm jumping rope, I always drinking water. I don't know how many trainers were the brown boost one a week and we never heard about them. Again.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just one Jeremiah, I Kana Jeremiah.
Speaker 3: There was vegan Tiffany. Oh yeah here in the beginning.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been through a day, Oh Tiffany.
Speaker 3: There was probably the meal kit delivery phase. I had one of those. Yes, there was the shopping at Whole Foods girls.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: But anyway, this episode is actually called Fibroids and Finances. So I I think you've been so transparent. The whole fibroid conversation came up because of your fertility journey.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bad things to you to do is this is a random but I went to the doctor today.
Speaker 2: Everybody shit gown.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys probably go I'm the worst. I'm not even gonna lie. I am the absolute worst with going to the doctor.
Speaker 3: Like a physical.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to when men want to have a super well, we want to have a super baby. So I was like, oh, I have to make sure that, like I mean, I've had like I've gone to the regular doctor. That's like, oh, that's pretty easy. You know I've done that.
Speaker 2: You know, I get my yearly physicals.
Speaker 1: But the Guiana for some reason, I don't know if it's just the weirdness of hey, there's my vagina.
Speaker 2: You're looking in there, you know, if that's why you know. But so I went and I found out that I have five boyds.
Speaker 1: I did not know, like even though it's probably the only thing, and I don't want to say it runs in my family, but I'm not the only one in my family. So but we're like, we don't there's no there's no history of like asthma or diabetes or whatever, you know, like when you check off the list.
Speaker 2: Like there's none of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but fiend seem to be like a semi reoccurring theme. So I want to I want to honestly speak with a woman doctor who this is her specialty, because I don't want to Russian and get something done and then I, you know, I take away the chance of me being able to have children. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like catch us up, I mean, if you don't mind, well, as far as it's up on what has happened and what the effect has been with your body and like what looking back now, I don't know what would you say to people who are maybe like on that similar journey or facing fibroids or something like that today.
Speaker 2: So well, first fib words, just for those who don't know.
Speaker 1: They're kind of like, there are tumors that are not that are benign, that live in and outside of a woman's uterus and can prevent you from having children because they take up the space in the uterus that a kid would grow. So some women will and typically the issue with fibroids is that as the baby grows, so does the fibroid, you know, or fibroids. I had like seventeen of them, and they.
Speaker 2: Were the sex.
Speaker 1: I used to always have this a little bit of a belly and I was like, word, but it was a weird belly because it wasn't like.
Speaker 2: I can't describe it. There was like the belly where you're like, oh no, that's a little fat.
Speaker 1: But it poked almost like you know how men have like a beer belly where it pokes in a weird way. So I look back at pictures and I just started saying, I'm just so greedy a girl.
Speaker 2: I got a belly.
Speaker 1: But I looked the belly said sat high, you know. And at the time I didn't know what it was, and I was full of fiveboids. And I didn't find out until I had gotten naturally pregnant with Darrell, like I I was thirty seven, it was like the year where he got married, or maybe thirty eight, and I was really excited but really nervous. And then I started spotting and I just got really nervous and we went to the emergency room and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, uh, I don't see a baby. All I see is five boids. And I was like, wait what?
Speaker 1: And I didn't even know if I fully eve knew what fireboards were then, and I ended up having a miscarriage. And so in large part because the fireboards were like your body knows there's no room here, so what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: And so I went to.
Speaker 1: A gynecologist, and if I'm being honest, I'm until that I had not been going to a doctor regularly because I had no money and I didn't have health insurance because you know, business owner, and I had been largely celebrated for a while before I met Jarelle.
Speaker 2: So I was kind of like, well, my vagian is.
Speaker 3: Fine because fiberds like they don't have their asymptomatic I mean yeah, well like walk around with them and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean now with them going I'm like, oh, that's what that feeling was.
Speaker 1: Certainly there can be like pressure and uncomfortable, a feeling of being uncomfortable during sex, which I did have, but I just kind of was like, I don't know, and then like I felt like now like it was like a ball that I could especially one of them was pretty big because collectively they were the size of me being four months pregnant. So I imagine, man, that's what the kind of like stomach was. And so the doctors like, you don't feel like I hear them like I do, but I've never not felt it because they grow over time. So I just was like, that's just how it feels, you know, my tummy feels, and there's pressure on my bladder, and certainly they can cause for heavier periods. So I had all these things, but I didn't know these were simpsons. I just thought, I'm a woman, this is just woman life. And then so I had them taken out, like literally they cut you open like I have a the scar is largely faded for women who have sea sections.
Speaker 2: It's like the similar sea section bikini line scar.
Speaker 1: And they went in opened up my uterus, took took out the ones they could, and they left the ones on the outside, so I did, I still have some fibroyds because they didn't want to compromise the uterus. They wanted to leave it open and clear to have a baby. Yeah, and so a lot of women they go right back. That's one of the reasons why I became veacan, because I had read a lot of like literature that fibroids. They're not really sure of the cause, but they suspect. I mean, there that's very hormonal. And then the homones in the meat, and I stopped eating dairy and just like you know, and I have to say, as far as I can tell, they haven't really grown back inside my uterus. You know, my period never went back to being heavy again. I don't have like the belly. I mean, I got the food belly, but not the vibral million.
Speaker 3: So you have to continue to be concerned about it. Like they you know, get them growing back.
Speaker 1: They can't, Yeah, for many women, for they grow back. So it depends what concern means, meaning like they can make like feel a little uncomfortable, but they're not you know, they're not.
Speaker 2: Deadly, you know.
Speaker 1: And so I know, like a lot of my friends who are who are older ended up just deciding, you know, like in their forties whatever, like if they had their kids already, just just say I am just gonna have a hysterectomy. Just get rid of them, get rid of my uterus. I'm not there yet, So I do have like a a guy, you know. I so I used to go to Ghana College's damn there every week when I was doing IVF for three years because I had you know, I used to go to the IVF center and you get checked every week. But when girl passed away, I just stopped going everywhere. So I'm just now getting back to the doctor. So I just found a new guy. I know, you know, I've had my yeah, because I just was because if I'm being honest, I'm not sure what's happening inside here because I haven't I haven't been to colleges in three years, just because I kind of just gave up on life.
Speaker 3: And so like, I know, I mean that kind of candor is like, yeah, it's real, that's real.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, well, what do I can't you know, I can have a baby, I can't, you know, And I don't know if I felt like it was kind of a reminder. But I remember even when I went back to the doctor doctor because I had my first doctor's appointment, you know, since he passed away, maybe like a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: And she's like, oh, I see in.
Speaker 1: Your chart this speak gap. And then I just sometimes you don't know when the tears are going to come up. Sometimes I'm fine to say it. And I just told her like, oh, yeah, my husb, I've been died. And then all of a sudden, I'm like, I'm like, what the hell. But she was so kind, and she was like, you know, that happens a lot, and I'm glad that you're taking care of yourself again. You know. I just give it a clean bill of health. Although so I have pre diabetes since I've be eating sugar a lot, I know, but other than that, and so like I was like, all right, the next are you really.
Speaker 3: Are you really pre diabetic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Technically your A one C was like high at your last physicle, and she was like.
Speaker 1: Girl, yeah, She was like you need to you know, because she was like, you know, you're not necessarily overweight. Certainly I could like, you know, slow down and maybe lose five to ten pounds, but I think it's mostly just like my sugar like intake because I'm kind of a candy hole like.
Speaker 3: So, but yeah, so I have it's just like a genetic thing that your body just doesn't maybe so sugar. Yeah that well, So I got such a big scare during my most recent pregnancy with the whole diabetes thing. So that's a new challenge. Like looking ahead for you is like what's the plan there?
Speaker 2: Either.
Speaker 3: I think it was you had you had had a miscarriage and I was pregnant, and I think I told you. I forget which one of them came first, but I remember having it was off air. I remember having a conversation with you about those dual things, and like it was you know, it was just one of the reasons why I think our friendship is so specials like we were able to like acknowledge the fucked up initness of it, Like yeah, and for you, I just wonder, was there anything in particular, like if there's people listening who are in that fertility struggle now that you could say to like coexist when other people in your life are having a different journey. Because I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you remember, but I do remember an episode where we talked about children and having kids. It might have been it was very early on, and I remember saying, and that was true, that I wasn't certain one hundred percent that I wanted to be a mom, but I was one hundred percent certain that I knew if I didn't.
Speaker 2: Try, I would regret it that I never had this.
Speaker 1: So it's different because there's some people who want to be a mom no matter what you know, and if you're in that fertility journey and you want to be a mom no matter what. I would be open to being a mom, no matter what, no matter what it might look like, you know, like if you're not able to give birth your own children, to consider beyond that. But I was never a mom, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: I remember distinctly, there's an episode where I said this and I just wasn't sure, but I knew, like I was in this weird place where it's like you kind of make how to make a choice, Tiffany, because in your late thirties.
Speaker 2: But I remember I was like, if I was.
Speaker 1: Going to have a child with anyone, Darrell Drake which I could say his middle name now, which he hated.
Speaker 3: Sure, Mama, she really did it with those twins names it was.
Speaker 2: He said, why would you make up Jake because you want the name torelph to q Yo. Well, I say he hated. Right now, Darrell is like really looking down. I'm like, wow, sorry, Jerke's out now.
Speaker 6: Torell and Jirell Terrell Treq and Jirell Jerree crazy work, miss Andy, you really did a number because he hated, because he was like, it's not even a real name.
Speaker 2: She's just made it up so she could have us rhyme clearly. So Jirell Jerique Smith was the only man. I told doctor Green, is it strange? I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sad that I don't have a baby right now, you know. And she said no, because one you tried. And I see now it's almost like there was a seed planted that if I had not done the three years of IVF almost back to back, I mean, I wasn't traveling, I was in this.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that I was.
Speaker 1: If I had not done that, I'll to be sitting with so much regret right now, because I know for a fact there is nothing more. Literally, the last thing the doctor told me, he said, because I think I did my last it was thirty nine or forty passed away in forty one, so I was like, forty or forty one, and he was like, this is the last viable embryo that you have to you have no more viable eggs, this.
Speaker 2: Is your last viable embryo. And I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And they put that embryo in me in October and we prayed and we you know, we hoped that we wished and it didn't take, and then Jarrell died in November. So I literally did everything possible to have a baby, and so I don't live with regret, like, dang, if I just would have put the budget Eatha down for a little bit girl, you couldn't have worked.
Speaker 2: Let No, I did everything. I gave my last egg, I gave my leg, you know.
Speaker 1: And so for me, I realized that's what I needed, not necessarily that I for sure one hundred thousand percent wanted to be a mom, you know.
Speaker 3: So there's so much consistency in like what you're saying now and what you have said. Yeah, that's what I'm noticing, Like you've just really stayed true to the values and your version of the life that you wanted, and like the intention behind why you were making the choices you were making. I don't think this is like the kind of look back down memory lane where it's like I have fundamentally changed the way that I approach X y Z, because so much of your authenticity lies in the fact that you haven't like you will. You will go after those big business goals, but you will have those come down to earth moments where it's like wait a second, and then you won't wait. You will move forward, you know, with that intention. And we did talk about when you were like, I'm making getting pregnant like my job, not traveling all of that, And it was one of the first things I thought about after Durrell's passing was how I was like, she really did give it everything, like and I felt comforted in the same way you're talking about now, because I was like, she literally and it wasn't someone it was also it was also just about spending time with him. It wasn't just about the baby, like you were very intentional.
Speaker 1: You know this like voice you need to It was just this deep sense of you need to spend more time with your husband, so much so that I hired a business coach and a therapist to help me create the space, and.
Speaker 2: I just was like, okay.
Speaker 1: Even the same with Brian Ambition. I don't know why, but it was like, it's time to navigate it. It's time to leave branh Ambition. It was so crazy. I was like, wait, what, I'm not gonna lie. I was Mandy, I was when you called me. We were I was in Martha's been year. We was having this chit chat. I was just talking and laughing. I Mandy and I hung up.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I love Mandy. And the thing was like, it's time to leave brand Ambition. And I literally said what the hell? I literally said, and I said what happened?
Speaker 1: I remember thinking like I don't wait what and it was just like yeah, I'm like but nothing, nothing's happened. Like me and Mandy just had this great conversation. I was trying to like, is there some underlying thing? No, but I have learned to be obedient to the larger thing when it tells me to move, when it tells me to stay. You know, the thing that told me try everything you can to have a baby. Not that it was going to result in a baby, but it was going to result in the peace of trying with this man that you love so much that you would not have right now, you know. I remember distinctly when we Drell always said bye. He died when he was forty one, and he had told me I always wanted to have a house by age forty, and so we bought the house. I think, I want to say Druv was thirty eight thirty nine when we bought it, and we had finished renovating it, like when he was like forty, and I remember my mom was like, you guys are in such a rust to decorate, but I wanted everything to be perfect. I did not know he was only going to be able to enjoy it for like a year and a half. And he loved that house. And I'm so grateful that this thing was like get the house together, you know. And so if you have that thing, that third man syndrome that's kind of whispering to you it's time to leave that job, or you should be considered this, or is that person really your friend, or spend more time with your kids, or like to be open to listening to whatever that thing is, because you don't know, like we all just assume we have time.
Speaker 3: And you just might not we don't really talk about religion a lot. But do you call that voice God? Like, how do you?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do, It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 3: It's just a voice, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I call it like the divine.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a greater source. I mean, yeah, I mean I sometimes for sure, honestly, sometimes I'm like, this is clearly God, because it'll be like it's you need to do this thing. And then sometimes it's a softer energy, you know. And I don't know if we have guardian angels.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, who knows.
Speaker 1: It could be an ancestor from the past. Sometimes the energy is softer and sometimes energy. There are there's times when I have no doubt that the energy to me is God when it you know, because it's so clear. And then sometimes when it's softer, sometimes honestly God.
Speaker 2: I mean. Durell will come to me in a dream. He used to tell me this.
Speaker 1: He us to say sometimes his mother visits him in dreams. I'm like, how do you know it's dream of her? And he said, no, I know when I'm dreaming about her.
Speaker 2: Awake up. I'm like, oh, I had a dream about my mom, he said.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I will literally sit with her in the dream and we'll talk and I'll ask her questions, and I remember thinking like, huh, I've never had that experience, but no one ever passed away in my life that was close enough. And there are moments now where there are times when I will dream about Jerrelle and there are times where he will visit me in a dream where it's so clear that like this is some other thing and I am talking to him and I'm just like, Okay, So I don't know what this wife life hold and.
Speaker 2: The Divine God love, whatever you call it. I just know that there's something bigger than me.
Speaker 1: And I'm just open to like receiving messages because I realize now that, like you know, we're not out here by ourselves, and oftentimes those messages come from just a higher vantage point of more wisdom than I'm just open to being like, Okay, if you say it's time, then it's time. And when I haven't listened, like it's recathock. I got one of those lessons when it told me the time to leave preschool teaching preschool and I love teaching preschool, and I refuse.
Speaker 2: Actually I said, nah. It was like again time to leave.
Speaker 1: No no, no, and it then preached my preschool closed and left me with nothing, and I lost my condo and I lost my car, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, damn, I should have left, one said, because I could.
Speaker 1: Have left with money saved and things, you know, And so that was kind of like my first lesson of listening and obedience and alignment.
Speaker 3: You know that you know that you're never even to like slow down and then to share it and to a lot of times, at least for me, that's one of the reasons I journal is because it slows my brain down and I can kind of get to a feeling or a clarity. But you have to be in a headspace, like you have to be willing just to just to sort of like surrender almost surrender to the fact that the answer may not be what you thought it would be yes or wanted it.
Speaker 1: Why nothing's wrong, everything's good this person of the day, you're like, because not realizing that, like there's a bigger thing happening that you need to be positioned for. It's not the loss of something, it's to being able to have the space to receive this other thing.
Speaker 3: And you're like, okay, so yeah, wow, Okay, I I know that. I know if I'm looking at the clock and I'm like, I don't care, I'm taking every last minute. It's funny how you just answer the questions I was going to ask anyway. I was going to like, what would you say to someone building that personal brand today and any advice, And it feels like it's like that can be a huge asset if leveraged the right way. And I also hear that to get to that nine those steps, it's like every step beneath that builds you up to the stage where networking can be so powerful. Yes, it doesn't necessarily happen unless you are like building strategically, but the budget.
Speaker 1: Let's me go into those rooms to be clear that if I had not started, you know, in that way, it's like who you you know?
Speaker 2: So no I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that Tiffany using her personality, you know that I am allowed to go into these rooms because.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh, yes, yes, yes, i know I've heard of you. And then it allows you to to do that work.
Speaker 3: But you know, literally just got an email today, Tiffany, I was gonna afford it too. It was like from a sponsor that my manager was reaching out to in anyway. Literally, the email was Mandy's smaller than most of the influences we work with, so we're going to pass for now. And I'm like, that's true, that your platform is an asset, and it's like, that's the drive to build Bill Bilder.
Speaker 2: Please let me tell you something. People still be hitting up with it. We got fifteen hundred dollars. We ain't got no money like I think. I just let's let's be clear. I love you. I just did a post about this the other day.
Speaker 1: She was like, Uh, if you want to speak at your conference and you talk about you got five thousand dollars, please don't reach out.
Speaker 2: That is very common. I get reached out to four or five times a.
Speaker 1: Week, and I would say eighty percent of the budgets are under five thousand dollars. So the audacity is still brewery, Like it's the girls are like, just saw you in today's show, So for two dollars it's of peanuts.
Speaker 2: Could you come out? And so don't. I don't want anybody to feel bad that that still happens. And you know, I'm just like, obviously, well, even with the massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, I don't you know. And I will say this because I have a mentee. He has a mass. She has a massive, massive, probably like ten times the size of my platform.
Speaker 2: And guess what she is.
Speaker 1: And I had told her this when I met her two years ago. I said, girl, I know right now you have it a good time. I can see you have it a good time. Slow down, slow down and build the thing that's going to take over when you don't want to dance for a dollar anymore, because you're not gonna want it. She's like, oh no, no, no, I want to get to twenty million dollars. I said, before you get there, I promise you you're going to burn out, and if you don't have that thing in place, then you're going to have to build that thing during burnout. She didn't listen because she's young, in her twenties, and so now she's building during burnout, of building thing that will take the place to make the money because she doesn't want to dance for a dollar. And so if there is one big piece of advice I can tell to business owners who building personality brands is to you know, build your personality brand, but save twenty percent of your energy to build the thing, build your tool, your product, your resources that you're going to have in place when you want to take a step back. So you are exactly where you're supposed to be and further along than most I told you that you are. It took me years to get to where you're getting now, you know, because I didn't know, like, oh, I should be building something. I didn't build the literature Academy till like year seven of the Budgetista. You're seven, you know you started building both simultaneously.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well I had a bit of a I had a bit of a benefit getting to get warmed by your glow and.
Speaker 2: Your life all these years make it like I pe on you warmed by my glove.
Speaker 3: This is not at all what anyone was thinking about. I was going to go back to the seedling. I'm a seedling, and I wasn't your light helped me grow? My God, I thought I was gonna like cry during this episode, But it's just been so fun.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: I love walking down. I love you too. I forgot to be sex. I was having so much fun. That's brown ambition in a nutshell, But I'm glad this was fun to look back and to just like walk down and you know, I know you did most of the enlightening and sharing, but really I just wanted to acknowledge how, for how many years you have been gracing us with this wit and wisdom and honesty and candor and transparency, and how it's going to be so different without you. And I'm just so grateful for the time that we have had together. And I'm like, oh, did I really take it? Did I really like, you know, enjoy it and live in the moment and recognize what how special was at the time. And I'm like, yeah, I knew it was special all along, but still it's nice to go back. I can reflect, Yeah, that wasn't too painful for you, No, it was great, honestly, like raggedy underwear, you know me, I don't talk about to mention the pandemic, the Black Lives Matter movement, like the life we have lived.
Speaker 2: I know, we have really lived.
Speaker 1: Like one day when the aliens come and they're gonna be like, hmmm, a snapshot of black brown life and say like, oh yeah, for real, Like we literally we have this amazing cross section where you can just see growth. So I'm just really grateful and I have enjoyed it here and it was not my intention. It just was like, you know, it's it's time, because i can feel it like it's time, and I'm not really sure why there's like nothing cued up. I'm just kind of like, oh, okay, and I'm just listening and I've learned not to listen.
Speaker 3: It's way worse.
Speaker 2: And so but I'm excited because it's also the Broada mission continues. That part was very clear to me. It wasn't like I'm leaving and it closed.
Speaker 1: That was always like no, no, no, that I'm transitioning and brown and mission transitions forward, and so I'm excited to see.
Speaker 2: Like what you do with it.
Speaker 3: Not a perfect segue into our next episode, you guys, stay tuned because part two of the series, Tiffany's eras Tiffany's Legacy, We're going to be looking forward and actually taking some time to think about what could be next and answer some of y'all's questions even if we can't answer it fully and just talk about the future. But this was fun looking backward and how it'll inform our next steps together. So Ba fam, we love you so much. Take some time to leave a review if you've already left one, Just update it. Let Tiffany know how much you love her. You can DM us at Bran and Mission podcast on ig. You can email us your well wishes for Tiffany Brownimbission Podcast at gmail dot com, dot com dot com.
Speaker 2: I'm glat Expedia.
Speaker 3: Never like sue us. Alright, the a VM Bye bye