Speaker 1: Welcome in. What's Right with Ni great episode three oh seven, fresh off a whirlwind last twenty four hours. We'll get to that in a moment. I know I say this a lot, but today actually will be a quick show. We did two bonus shows since our last scheduled pod with de monsday. Friday morning, we did a show right after the Lakers beat. The next Sunday morning, we did a show right after Lebron's injury. And I have been in Vegas and back since that Sunday morning show and there's ton to do. I do Colin today the TV show, And I don't want to say anything right here, but a very important moment for my family today that hopefully we can discuss on Thursday show. So we got a very very busy schedule, so I'm going to try to rapid fire through a bunch of stuff and also tell you, guys, is about the last twenty four hours in Vegas. Demonsey welcome in. Also, congrats to demonse No thanks to any LA based car dealerships. You guys missed out on an amazing sponsorship opportunity, But Demonsey got a fresh, brand new vehicle. We don't need to tell it we no free ads because nobody hooked you up the way I was hoping for. But you know, maybe maybe down the road, maybe when this lease is up. By that at that point we'll have an official You know, the great people at Dodge ram have sponsored First Things First for eight years.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you drive around LA in a big old pickup truck. That'd be sweet. But maybe that's down the road if they join the What's Right team. But great to see you. Let's get right into it. Here's what missed the cut. The Jets signing Justin Fields two years, forty million a year, which is literally the cheapest you can get a starting quarterback who's on on a rookie deal. This Steeler. By the time some of you guys hear this, Aaron Rodgers might be a Steeler. I don't like that for them. I the reason we're not doing that heavily today is because everything that's been said about the speculation about him going there has been set already. We'll see it. Seems like the Giants are a possibility, the Steelers are a possibility. Say that again.
Speaker 3: You said you don't like you don't like him for them, I'm saying what I know we're not gonna handle out.
Speaker 2: What else would the Jets do? Hi either, I mean not the Jets, the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, drafted quarterback is probably the only way to get themselves out of this. Maybe use that. What I would do potentially is trade, just quickly George Pickens, because Pickens and DK Metcalf do not work as a duo, and Pickens is going to be super pissed if he does not get paid this offseason, especially if he doesn't get paid and his targets go down because DK's the number one. And I would then try to use the extra pick I get from Pickens and try see if maybe I need to move up. I wouldn't mind one more Bridge year with Russell Wilson. What I wouldn't do is get in the Aaron Rodgers business. And so I guess we did get to that. And Steph Curry named the assistant GM at Davidson. Shout out to Steph. He also at twenty five thousand points. A reminder to you guys like rate subscribe review Man oh Man the poker game I was in yesterday. There's somebody there who was a YouTuber. He does the H three show.
Speaker 2: Or something.
Speaker 1: Listen. I didn't know who he was, but I did know he had a YouTube show because they told me, and he was super nice guy, Ethan, So I went to his YouTube channel, six million subscribers. I should have buttered this guy. And then there was another guy, the guy they called rip It, who has an investment YouTube show that he does live every morning at five am West Coast time from Vegas. This fellow with the six million subscriber channel it no, no, no, no, it's a comedy show. So shout out to him and his six million subscribers. I should have tried to kind of ride that wave a bit. But all right, so let's just get into it before we get to the basketball. The producers have convinced me that people are at least somewhat interested in what I did yesterday, So I'll tell that quick story before we get to the sports.
Speaker 2: So set me up to monsay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, not too long ago, you were in Vegas playing poker. Shout out to all the folks that watched on the channel, Yes, sir, or last night, should I say, tell us about the event.
Speaker 2: How did you go? How'd you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So the event went amazing, So here was the last my last forty eight hours. I did the Instant Reaction Lebron James pod. Your mom was with you in LA and so right after the Lebron James Instant Reaction pod, I then furiously cleaned the house because if your mom came home to a dirty house and I'm in Vegas playing cards, that's an abject disaster. And then flew to Vegas. Landed around nine to thirty Vegas time, met up with poker and broadcasting legend, maybe the best all around poker player in the world today, Nick Shulman, had some drinks with him and a few interesting characters that I might I might try to bring into the What's Right podcast universe if that universe exists, Like I think there is an appetite for a show by professional gamblers, not like giving out picks so much, but just talking about their lives as professional gamblers, professional poker player, sportsbetter just guys who it's because it's kind of living for a lot of us, part time gamblers living the dream like these guys live in Vegas every day just try to find an edge in something a card game, a golf match, some fight, you know, a football or basketball game, and every single day have five and six figure swings, and I think that would be a hell of a would be a real cabstrivating content if it's an insane way to live. And it's so. I had. So. I had dinner and drinks with Nick Shulman TVK guy named Taylor, who is one of the best poker players in the world if you ask me, and another fella that they call Jing Tao, who is just a legendary gambler. So we talked kind of business, smoked cigars and drank and then I had the brilliant, brilliant idea. It's now one in the morning, Sunday night, Monday morning, Vegas time. I'm like, well, you know, I'm in a big televised poker game tomorrow. I probably should get some reps in now. And sat in a private twenty five point fifty PLO Nolan at Holdham game at the Aria with nothing. It was a table of professionals and Colby Covington, the UFC fighter and me and I did not realize it was Colby Covington at the table. I also have said this publicly and made it somewhat clear at the table. Once I found out who it was that I find Colby Covington to be one of one of the more reprehensible people in sports things. A bad guy with terrible takes and just pretty really awful dude. But he's also a professionally, you know, a literal professional fighter, and so it's kind of a weird spot. And you know, long story short, I got my head kicked in not literally thankfully, in that game. I got absolutely annihilated in my warm up poker game to where I was worried I was going to lose the money that I had brought with me for the real game in this game. So that wasn't I that wasn't ideal. It's now three point thirty in the morning and we have a seven am call for first Things First, so I'm like, well, it's probably time to go to bed. But again, you know, full disclosure here, I'm in Vegas, fully unsupervised. So from in to get from the poker room to the hotel to the hotel elevators, that area, you know, you got to walk by that high limit blackjack rom and I'm like, well, you know, if God created blackjack for any reason, it's to try to get even real quick before bet and in one of the more unlikely turns of events, an all time fifteen minute blackjack run, won seven consecutive hands to start. The shoe ended up winning eleven of thirteen, and to the shock of the dealer and the floor, I was like, you know what, I'm done. Let's call that a night. Let's call that a night. Let's not have the mortifying experience tomorrow morning of having to call my people at Bank of America and be like, Hey, you know how I had you guys wire X amount of dollars to the aria for this poker game on Monday. Well, the game hasn't happened yet, and I'm gonna go ahead and need you a that same amount again. Nope, I got even there, So we're good. Go to bed, Wake up do The TV show was a great TV show. Even though I was remote, I thought we did a great job. TV show ends at two pm Pacific. Poker starts at two thirty Pacific. Hop in an uber, go across the street to the Poker Ghost studio. From the studio, I was doing the TV show Change Clothes, which listen if you watch the stream, you might be like, Nick, are those of the clothes you wore on the stream. They are did it? Played in the poker game. And in the poker game, Phil Hellmuth shows up as a mystery guest. I have a big history with him. Jennifer Tilly shows up as a mystery guest. Jennifer Tilly. So she's a legend. You might not know her name, Demanse, but you know who she is. She is the voice of the Bride of Chucky. She is the voice of the mom on Family Guy. And you know she was an Oscar nominee Oscar winner for Bullets over Broadway.
Speaker 2: Is she's huge and professional poker huge.
Speaker 1: So she's yeah. So she married. She was married to the creator of the Simpsons, Sam Simon. They got divorced. I'm not really privy to that divorce settlement, but it's you know, it probably is not a bad spot to be divorced from the guy who created the Simpsons and then married my buddy Phil Locke, who used to be called the Unibomber. I guess still is a professional poker player and she plays in all these high stakes televised games. But I'd never played with her. So now we're in the game. The game is from two thirty to nine thirty and it's a game where they said bring five. You know it's a five thousand dollars minimum buy in. I bought in for fifteen thousand. The guy to my left, the rip It fella, he bought in for forty some Phil bought in for ten, A couple of the other guys bought in for five. Jennifer bought in for one hundred and fifty thousand, which then made rip It add one hundred and twenty thousand. And then this professional player at the end that they were what were they calling him? He got crushed, poor guy, he got absolutely lightning Lightning. I think Lightning was in for fifty thousand. Is a rough night for him. But I had won goal, and really well, I had two goals. Goal number two was to win money. Goal number one was to torture Phil helm youth and check Check won some money, but truly tortured Phil. And I posted some of the clips, but it was I was really peak locked in on torturing Phil. And I'm not gonna give hand histories here because I don't know if people care. You can watch the stream, it's still up on the channel. You watch some of the clips, but but that was great.
Speaker 2: So then.
Speaker 1: So I end up I think second biggest winner. Oh, this dude named doctor Dad was I think the biggest winner. He just he was like a whit, like a just a guy who plays some online poker in Wisconsin. Is it Michigan? Maybe doesn't matter with Poker Stars. He got the seat from Poker Stars for five grand. He has a PhD in something. He said he was trying to create a man made liver that people could use if they're liver went back on them. I don't know. Dude seems super smart and super nice, and he ended up a huge winner. Joe Stapleton was a winner. I was a pretty decent sized winner. Phil lost the Lightning fella got buried the Ethan, the big YouTube guy got buried. But Jennifer I think did okay regardless ends at nine p thirty go to the airport. Eleven thirty flight. Truly miserable flight because that it seemed like the AC wasn't work. I don't know what was going on, but it was so hot. It also might have had to say it again.
Speaker 2: It's warm on the plane. I don't think it was on the plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's the thing. It's possible that it was hotter for me than for others, because if you watched the stream, I drank a lot last night. I mean once once the table starts doing tequila shots, and the tequila shots came in rocks glasses. They weren't shots, they were glasses. But so we ended up. I mean, we're playing a big poker game. Jennifer Tilly's getting hammered, so we're all so whatever. So I then, you know, I'm on the plane kind of sweating it out out trying to sleep, and got here, got to the house ninety minutes ago. Found out your mom backed into the garage while I was gone. That's twice, and now I'm talking.
Speaker 2: She's there for like one day while you were.
Speaker 1: One day one day backed into the garage. She came in twenty minutes ago. She came in the in this room, sat on my lap and said, I have something to tell you. And I just knew. I just knew. I was like, she messed the car.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think I hear her walking by right now. If that's you, dam pooh, you're welcome to stop in. And now I'm talking to you guys. So that was it. So it was great. Uh Justin Cogan says this quick show is going to be two hours. Uh. Stott in the chat remember like rate, subscribe, review all that stuff, says, when do you sleep? I know, I'm I mean I slept on the plane, but it was not ideal sleep. But I'll get my sleep, Like, I'll be fine. These are the things one has to do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't do this often, but I'll be okay, and I'll be you know, I'll be sharp enough. But the oh, the reason I'm wearing the same clothes is, hey, I got here ninety minutes ago. I mean I went from the game to the plane, from the plane to here and then sat in, had my first things, first meeting, and then this So I won't you know, after this, I'll change and go to work. But yeah, so that was great. That was a really fun experience. I owned Helme youth always you know this is and really needled him and it's worth watching if you're a poker fan.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the basket weekend. Say it again. Sounds like blackjack saved your weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh you know that's the thing. I mean, yeah, like they're yeah, I mean, how does any of this go If I don't have that really nice run before bed Sunday night, Monday morning, and I walk into that game feeling super stocked in everything. Yeah, no, it could go totally different. I'm I'm well aware of this. It's also why I never ever go to Vegas alone. I'm not a I don't care that people be like, Nick, you're a grown man, I know, but I know my own limitations. I cannot be left solo. It doesn't have to be my wife. I just need a It's just I need in Vegas. I need the buddy system. If Demons were there, or if Parkins were there, certainly if Danielle were there, if someoneould be like, hey, Nick, it's you really want to sit in this poker game against nothing but pros And as it turns out, a professional fighter who you have talked shit about on the internet.
Speaker 2: He talked mess about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the guy that said he wanted he said three days ago he wanted to fight Lebron.
Speaker 2: He's the guy like if you for what reason?
Speaker 1: Because Lebron? Well really, because the guy everything Lebron represents, this guy represents the opposite. But also because it was about the Stephen a thing.
Speaker 2: He's like, he's like on the beaff of step.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. He's like, he's like, I'll be his champion. All right, let's talk basketball.
Speaker 2: All right. So Luca finally got to run the show.
Speaker 3: That ended in a three point loss to the Nets Lucas Stilgarnish twenty two to twelve and twelve.
Speaker 2: But they obviously lost. So does that game make you nervous and this upcoming stretch without Lebron, Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that game. The Lakers right now are so shorthanded, so they the the reason I wasn't super concerned. I was actually a little encouraged about the Celtics game absent Lebron's injury was the Celtics treated that game truly like a play not only a playoff game of Game seven, the only regulation game in Tatum's career he's ever played more minutes than he played against the Lakers on over the weekend was Game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals a couple of years ago. There has never been a regulation regular season game Tatum and Brown combined for more minutes, and the Lakers were right there with five minutes left. And that was despite playing essentially a six to eight and underteam they're already you know, a week at the center position. But Ruey was out and Jackson Hayes was out. You went into this game Lebron was out, Ruey's still out, Jackson Hayes out, still out, and Dorian Finney Smith out. You knew it was a losable game. What's frustrating about the They're up twelve after the first I understand in the NBA that really means nothing, but Austin Reeves I was hoping with Lebron out might get going. But if if you're that shorthanded and Luca and Austin Reeves combine despite having decent counting stats to go eleven for forty from the field, pardon me, and four of fifteen from three, you're just gonna lose, and or at least got a real good chance of losing, even if you're playing a NETS team that had been, you know, on I think a seven game losing streak going into the game, and so worried is maybe too strong, resigned to the fact that they now enter they have the next two days off, they being the Lakers, and then they enter a six game in eight day stretch, and four of those six games are against Denver and Milwaukee, so they're gonna slide in the standings. It is at Milwaukee Thursday, at Denver Friday, home for Phoenix Sunday, home for the Spurs Monday, then home for Denver Wednesday, home Milwaukee Thursday. So you have Denver and Milwaukee, Denver on the second night of a back to back, and then Milwaukee on the second night of a back to back. Again, when it's Milwaukee Denver and then Denver Milwaukee, and sandwiched in the middle is a different back to back, which is Phoenix San Antonio. This is you might be like, why is the schedule like that? This is part of the rescheduling because of the wildfires, and they're just gonna have to deal with it. So they are going to slide in the standing the fact they did. Technically they went into yesterday in second, they're now in third, and the standings look like this. Denver's got twenty three losses, the Lakers have twenty three losses, the Grizzlies have twenty four, the Rockets of twenty five, and Golden State is crept up to six, but they're sitting at twenty eight. I still think it is very unrealistic that the Lakers slide past the five, but sliding to the five is certainly in play, and it is Lucas. Luca has to play better, and he will, but they really what has to happen is they have to get healthy. Uh say it again.
Speaker 3: Luca has to play very twenty two, twelve and twelve. It's just so good, like that's that's a pretty good sate line was just.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but the eight of twenty six from the field.
Speaker 2: Is probbs over the weekend. Yeah, right, and.
Speaker 1: I can deal with the turnovers, but eight of twenty like, he's just his shots just not really there for him right now. And even in the Celtic game he ended up, he ended with thirty four, but the first three quarters they did a pretty good job on him. So listen, assuming Lebron is back by the end of the month, the Lakers will be fine. But they can they survive? You know, survive is probably too strong. What shape are they going to be in in the standings when Lebron gets back. If Ruy and Jackson Hayes don't get back soon because Alex Lynn can't be playing, I mean, they are playing guys that you really can't be playing real minutes like Alex Lynn. They're not trying to kill alex Lynn. I mean, they have an NBA job a month ago. All right, let's talk some MVP stuff.
Speaker 3: Going Eiel Jones signed with the Colts for one year, fourteen million.
Speaker 1: By the way, love really, Oh that is just real quick. That is interesting because I wonder what it means for the Vikings. So because I thought the Vikings were going to bring him in to be like the veteran potential backup. But Daniel Jones won year fourteen million, so he'll compete.
Speaker 2: With Anthony Richardson. Say it again, Rogers still out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that would be really weird if the Vikings were like, we want to sign Daniel Jones to be a veteran backup. Oh we missed out on him, so we're going to sign Aaron Rodgers to be our starter, you know what I mean? Like though, like that part, I would some people think that's what's gonna happen. That to me wouldn't be a cogent thought. But Daniel Jones, man, it's good. It's good to be a quarterback in this league if you just have a pulse and a chance at being a starter, You're gonna be paid like the fifth best corner in the NFL like that. I mean, that's just I know that's guy, and now he gets to compete with my guy, Anthony Richardson, the two great running threats at quarterbacks. All right, now, let's talk MVP stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, after dropping the first ever thirty twenty twenty twenty game against Phoenix, Jokic's MVP odds cut in half. Then SGA got the best of them in that Denver game. He dropped forty and then Jokic got a little get back. So they're kind of kind of a weird situation for the MVP right now, who do you have?
Speaker 1: I think it's Shay. I don't think it's really that debatable, and I am consistent. Well, here's why Demansey and I heard Mike God Michael Malone. Basically, if you're not willing to say the NBA logo should be changed from Jerry West to Nikola Jokic, like you're not giving Jokic enough respect by Michael Malone's standards. I mean the idea that Jokic has won three of the last four MVP. He won back to back MVPs prior to ever going on a deep playoff run which was not unprecedented but close to unprecedented. And so like, this idea that he's not getting enough respect is just crazy. And here is why I feel the way I do about the MVP, and it is the same reason I felt it was very clear Josh Allen was the MVP this past year in the NFL. We cannot play Calvin ball with how we give out MVP awards. And if people don't know what the phrase Calvin ball is, it's from the old cartoon Calvin and Hobbes, the comic strip. But it's where you just make up the rules as you go. It's essentially heads, you lose, tales I win. It's where whatever the whatever the rules need to be for me to win, those are the rules. And so two years ago the NFL MVP, Josh had these amazing numbers and not so much Josh, actually it was really brock Perty and Dak had these amazing numbers. Lamar had middling numbers, but his team had the best record. He played, you know, great in some big spots, and they gave it to Lamar. Then this year, Lamar has amazing numbers, but his team's record is you know, mediocre compared to the other MVP candidates. Josh had good numbers, not as good as Lamar's. The team had the better record, and people were like no. Some people were like no, it should be Lamar again, like well he can't win. For one set of logic in twenty three and infer cetle logic in twenty four that if we give Joker the MVP this year, then we need to go back last year and give the one he won there to Luca because last year here was Luca's numbers, thirty four points per game, the scoring champion by three and a half points, nine rebounds, ten assists. He was thirty four, nine and ten on forty nine thirty eight splits. Joker, who won the MVP was twenty six points per game, twelve rebounds, nine assists on fifty eight thirty six splits. So why did Joker win it? Because the Denver Nuggets tied for the best record in the Western Conference. They had fifty seven wins and Luca's team was the five seed. They had fifty five or they had fifty wins. Pardon me that seven win golf is why not only did Joker win it, but it was not close. If I remember, I'm gonna check real quick. Joker had got seventy nine first place votes, Shae got fifteen, Luca got four. He ran away with him. So this year, when Joker's numbers are remarkable, and they are remarkable, He's at twenty nine, thirteen and ten, Shae is going to win the scoring title, by the way at thirty two and a half, but then only five and six. But Shae is the in my opinion, rightful MVP because his team has fifty three wins and the Nuggets have forty two.
Speaker 3: Would He's not say no team, He's more just like if the Thunder didn't have SGA, you know, they'd be less off good. I think if Denver didn't have Yokics, they'd be absolutely.
Speaker 2: A ft no.
Speaker 1: That is listen, that's definitely true that Denver would completely collapse without Joker. That's definitely true. But that can't be the solo standard, and we can't change the rules year over year like the And it is true and it has always been true that the hardest MVP to win is the next one. The easiest MVP to win is your first, and then to win a second one, you usually have to be even better than you were for your first one, and then to win your third one, you've got to be truly in historic territory. And then to win your fourth you have to be have a historic season and be one of the greatest players of all time and not have any first time attempted first time winner have a real case. So and Joker is one of the greatest players of all time and he is having a historic season, But the guys before are Bron Will Russell, Jordan Kareem. Those guys have four or five or six. I'm not saying Jokers not allowed to join that group one day. What I am saying is we can't give Jokers third MVP, even though Luca had one of the most insane statistical regular seasons ever, because Joker's team was better, and then give Jokers fourth MVP because he's having an insane statistical regular season when Shay's team is better. Like if the we have to be consistent with it. And also like this idea that the Thunder would be okay without Shay, I don't agree with that. The Thunder without Shay.
Speaker 2: Would be I mean, they wouldn't be in great shape. The point I was just making was Denver.
Speaker 1: Denver would have instantly become one of the worst teams in the league. I get that, But Sha Shae scoring thirty three a game for a team that doesn't have another established star is super valuable. So like I just I just like consistency in this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the pruss I think from the beginning, and we've just gotten really far off of what MVP means. I think it should have just been the actual most valuable player as I get like the I don't know.
Speaker 1: So this is a point Crow makes and and I'm curious how you feel about it. And then we can get to the NFL stuff quickly. And I don't know why I ever say we're doing a quick show. I don't have the capability of it. Does Is that to the previous eras right? And here's what I mean. If all of a sudden we change it to just like, hey, who is the consensus best player in the league and is he having an awesome season? Then he's the MVP. And then all of a sudden, Joker ends with six and maybe one day Wimby ends with seven. It's like wow, when that's not how we treated Kareem Lebron or Mike or Michael like is that like?
Speaker 2: So is that fair?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, say it again.
Speaker 2: I said you have to make a new league. I was joking, but yeah, not.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, I mean it just and so and also this is it should be noted Shay the going into this year, the only guy on his team who had ever been an All Star is going to run away with the scoring title, scores thirty three a night on good efficiency, only plays thirty four minutes because they blow so many teams out. His team has a historic net rating and they have won. They are eleven games clear of the Nuggets in the standings. That it's not like this is a you know, a week MBP case for shit. All right, real quick, before we get to football. Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are with the all with all the new ways to get in on the action at DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA for monster slams, dish in the rock to clean the glass, conbind your favorite players, and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick on the emergency pod. Over the weekend, we took the over on Luca points for yesterday. He finished with twenty two. That was the under. That's the loser. My apologies today. Try to get back on the winning track. Two picks from the same game Pelicans Clippers. We're going Zion to keep this hot streak alive over twenty three and a half and Kawhi come back down to Earth a bit after the great game winner under twenty three and a half. So Zion over twenty three and a half, Kawhi under twenty three and a half. Lines and odds subject to change first time. Here's something special for you new DraftKings customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly take you to the rack of the DraftKings sportsbook. Every point counts. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code right. That's code right for new customers to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem call one eight hundred. Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in why, or text hope in why, which is four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and resort in Kansas twenty one plus age in eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash b ball. All right, let's get to some NFL free agent. See this stuff we will do quickly. Demands a go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, So your chiefs.
Speaker 3: They locked up Nick Bolton in Hollywood, brown over a free agency, one of their top targets, though Ronnie Staley he did make it to the open market. So they got Jalen Moore. YEA, how worried about you?
Speaker 2: How worried are you about your old line?
Speaker 1: I'm not listen. I don't the Jalen Moore signing is a heavy price for a guy who's never been a starter. But he's young. When he has played, he's played well. And why hasn't he been a starter? Well, because the guy in front of him at left tackle is the best left tackle in the league in the last decade and Trent Williams. So if there's anybody who's back up you want to take a chance on, it's the guy who's backing up the best player at his position in the league. There. I've been saying this, I will say it again. The kid they drafted in the second round last year, Kingsley Suamantaia, they're going to give him a shot to play left guard. They drafted him as a tackle, they're gonna try him at guard. I obviously Creed is the best center in the league. Trey Smith is a really good guard, even if he had kind of an up and down season. And Juwan Taylor's fine. So I am. I am fine with what they did. Ronnie Stanley had way higher upside, but also as the injury risk and was gonna cost more money. Now, it would have been good to weaken Baltimore. The Chiefs did that once with Orlando Brown, who they got from Baltimore and then he ended up going to Cincinnati when he left the Chiefs also obviously there was it was quite the whirlwind this weekend for Xavier Worthy where Xavier Worthy gets arrested and it the allegations are awful, and I do think this is noteworthy. So he got arrested in and was a cute used of domestic violence and he then was released and they decided not to charge him, not because the accuser recanted, because I think some people see that sometimes and they're like, hmhm, was there a you know, was there some money involved here? Whatever?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Instead, according to the police and the district attorney, based on multiple witness statements, the district attorney there said, oh, this is not a chargeable case. And so that is noteworthy to me as far as you know, do you believe this guy actually didn't do it or that this guy just is going to get away with something he did. But so because that would have been you know, for just not to be crass about this, but just from a football standpoint, it had been pretty disastrous because Rashi Rice potentially going to be suspended to start the year if Xavier Worthy, as you know, a domestic violence arrest or conviction or whatever. He then you then have to worry about him not being on the team at all moving forward, and all of a sudden, the wide receiver rooms decimated again and again I feel a little awkward even just talking about the football piece of it on something that's serious but that you do have to kind of fifer kate your brain and think about certain things and the other pieces of it. But that's now. It would appear a one day thing and gone. They brought back Hollywood Brown, and I liked the idea of Hollywood Brown like I liked the idea of it last year. And I think they're and they kept Nick Bolton.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else that you would like to see them do?
Speaker 1: Well, there's two defensive starters on the Chiefs that our free agents haven't signed elsewhere yet, so justin Reid the safety and Charles Aminaho the defense end, I am holding out hope that they are able to bring at least one of those guys back, that maybe the market those guys thought they were gonna have doesn't quite materialize, and that they're able to bring one of those guys back. But the Chiefs clearly think by their moves they were good enough last year, and I think they were. They played their worst game at the worst time, but they aren't treating this like they need a major overhaul, and I actually think that's smart.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Next San Francisco has been tearing it down. They've been spinning big on that roster. They've been right around the corner. So they traded Debo and could trade Ayuk after just extending them last year.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they officially missed their window? I do.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean they'll never open again, but I do think that the Niners, as we know them as this team, with these all pros on both sides of the ball all over the place, that's done now. And you know, a sneaky, big loss, in my opinion, was talanoa Hufanga, who, again I understand the last couple of years he's you have, injuries have kind of stolen them from him.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, an unbelievable mid round pick for them, who played at an all pro level instantly. But so they lost Aaron Banks, one of their most reliable linemen, probably their most reliable lineman other than Trent Williams Malik Collins. They cut for cap reasons. Dre Greenlaw, who sadly popped his achilles in the Super Bowl, and you know he went to Denver, Javon Hargrave, who they had to move on for cap purposes, Hufonga who went to Denver, Kyle Yuschek, who was really valuable to them as a kind of do it all full back, Jalen Moore their backup tackle, and that is an important spot with Trent Williams at his age playing left tackle. To Kansas City. Elijah Mitchell, one of their kind of depth running backs, is not a huge one. To Kansas City. They traded Deebo Deebo Samuel and Trevarius Ward, former Great Chief and a really good corner who suffered a real personal tragedy with the loss of a child this year and said basically like he and his family needed to move from California and get a fresh start because of how much pain that was, and you feel just absolutely sick for him. He signed with the Cults. So it's just very, very very different team. And if you're doing all this just so you can pay Brock Party, that's not the business I would get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean that probably means through all this party is getting paid.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess they feel like they have to, but I I would I I would be very careful with how much money I off for Brock Party. Everybody he knows how I feel about that, so we don't have to get too deep into it and all that.
Speaker 3: Whufungah. They're both on the Broncos. Now, yeah, mahomes twice.
Speaker 1: Listen, Denver's defense is really good. H Denver's defense is really good. And so I there'll be an interesting team. I said yesterday, I thought the Raiders with Gino could jump Denver in the division, and I thought Denver could finish last. But the AFC West men's tough. The AFC West is is legitimately really really tough. Uh. We might have a time for a few questions in the chat. We can get to those in the second, but first let me remind you guys. This episode of What's Right is brought to you by Daya Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their new Daya Oak cream blend. Dairy free cheese has come a long way. Deya's leading the charge. Their pizzas offer the Melton stretch of traditional cheese without any dairy Each DAYA Pizza starts with the perfectly crisp crust, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that melts and stretches beautifully. The Data Oak cream blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza is crafted to be dairy free, making it a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on taste. Data takes the concept of dairy free to a new level, eliminating faux MoU that is, not the fear of cows, that is the fear of missing dairy. These pizzas delivered delicious tastes and texture, making them perfect for any occasion, from casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a faux move free pizza night with Data. Visit dayafoods dot com for more information or find DAYA Pizza at retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart coming soon to select publics and sprouts. Follow DAYA on Instagram and TikTok for more updates and recipes. All right, so let's go to a few listener questions. I think the producers have one Demont's.
Speaker 3: Ah, yeah, they said, as Jada not count as an established star next to SGA, he's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, certainly not going into this year. He didn't now that he's been an All Star. I guess, but I don't. I don't look look at Jalen Williams as an established star yet I look at him as a budding star and Chet as a potential star. But neither of them. Again, we're comparing them to Denver. Okay, so he's got an unbelievable roster, unbelievable depth, but none of them have any We're close to the pelts of the Wall of Jamal Murray exactly right, all right.
Speaker 3: Next one, Andrew thoughts on value for Rams having the top defense for the twenty five twenty six season.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna have the number one defense, but I do like that. I do like the pieces they've added, and I think they've been very good in the draft as of as of the last couple of years since they started having their own draft picks. Again, do DJB real quick demanse.
Speaker 3: DJB oh there is yo yo, Nick? Could I get your blessing to print a T shirt with your face on it? And put quote mister consistency printed underneath for my own personal.
Speaker 1: Use, not only my blessing. I fully endorse it. I I think that's yeah, of course that would be an honor and do juwanify and then we'll get out of here.
Speaker 2: Uh djuantify.
Speaker 3: If we were wiping the historical slate clean, who would be the MVP in that case?
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 1: Jokic maybe, But I mean the guy who's gonna win sixty five games and win the scoring title averaging thirty three points a game. It's not like that's a crummy case. And that's and so maybe he Joker would be the MVP. But we're not wiping the historical slate clean. We're not. And so like that's to me less relevant than it might be to other people. All Right, please like, rate, subscribe, review, even if you're watching on YouTube, even if you don't. If you watch us on YouTube instead of iTunes or Spotify, just go and open, just subscribe to the pod on iTunes anyway it helps us out. Subscribe and rate and give us thumbs up and five stars, all that great stuff. Great job to Monday. All right, I am gonna change because I've been wearing these clothes for almost eighteen hours now, and go do Colin, then do the TV show, and then hopefully have a really cool family thing that I can tell you guys about on Thursday. See you guys on TV in about ninety minutes with Colin.
Speaker 2: What's right,