Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our one on this Tuesday. Down a Danette seating out for the day. But the Minister of Humor will do double duty. Yes, I said duty in the back a lot of pressure. Yes, Marvin is here as well. Paulie, yours truly and the back room guys. You can diut us up, you can email, you can tweet all the above. Operators sitting by Tyler to take your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, our radio affiliates, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio, Whole Question, Play of the day, stat of the Day, Maurice Jones Drew from NFL Network will stop by and NFL on Fox analyst Greg Olsen a little bit later on as well. Eight seven seven three DP show. Our stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading card said The Dan Patrick Show first hour brought to you by Rapid Radios. Great Christmas gift. Walkie Talkie's offering national LTE coverage, clear connection at the touch of a button, great communication device for the kids. Go to Rapid Radios dot com up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Last night, that was a homework assignment. The Vikings over the Bears. The Vikings now twelve and two. The Bears dropped to four and ten. The Falcons won, but if you're a Falcon fan, I don't think that felt like a victory. You're now seven and seven. They're very comfortable. It feels like with seven wins, haven't they had seven wins the previous three seasons. The Raiders now two and twelve, and thankfully they didn't screw it up and win a game. But two and twelve, still in line to get the number one overall pick. But fifteen to nine the ending score, Falcons over the Raiders. Other news, the Lions lost their workhorse running back David Montgomery looks like he's done for the year. A couple of colleges looking at Michael Vick that came out of nowhere, Norfolk State and Sacramento State looking at Michael Vick. We have more on that coming up, but tonight, it's the Cup. That's all Fritzy's been talking about. It's the Cup.
Speaker 4: It's a big deal.
Speaker 3: The Bucks and the thunder for the Cup comes down to this, Yes, it does.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of money at stake as well.
Speaker 3: Ratings are down with the NBA, and I don't know if you can pinpoint a reason. I always go back to if they don't care, I don't care. I think load management has turned people away.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If we're glued to a TV set going, I can't wait to watch that game, and even if you do, you don't even know who's playing. But ratings have declined, and I know they try to spice it up with the Cup in season tournament. You're not enticing me if you say, hey, we're gonna have put some money at stake here.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute.
Speaker 3: They don't really try hard, but now they're really going to try hard. Therefore now I should watch much. That doesn't work with me. I love the NBA, grown up with the NBA, but there are times when I go, I don't care. You don't care, and that's the feeling I've gotten. Actually it's you don't care the players. I don't care either, but I'll watch. No, I would watch anyway. It's a good game, but just because it's for the Cup, and I know Rob Manfred has gotten roughed up a little bit in the media. A lot of people say, what are you talking about with this goldennet bat? Where you can use that anytime you want. Maybe I've Aaron Judge, you know, he gets the bat twice in an inning and people will go, what, oh, you know, the purity of the game, what are you doing? Okay, we're past that. This is about getting eyeballs. And this is what Adam Silver is going to have to do. At some point, he's going to have to take a swing. He's going to have to have a golden net bat. He's going to have to have something that is interesting, intriguing, different, a tune in factor. Now they've tried to do this with the basketball courts, and I'm fine with it. You know, you're looking for a younger audience.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But maybe we add something to those colorful courts, you know, maybe there's a blinking three point line, maybe there's something inside. Like I was told during the pandemic, and I was told by a great source that the NBA was looking at creating courts that would resemble pinball machines so it would be a little bit more live. Now, I know it sounds gimmicky, but I think you've got to get to the point where can we keep up? Can we keep our place in the sports landscape here? Because we've seen sports that just fall off horse racing, boxing, they fall off baseball, that was America's pastime, fell off the NBA. They're kind of trying to hold on for dear life. The NFL is just bulldozing everybody. I get that. But you can still maintain your place at least you hope to on the sports ladder. But you know, the NFL is up all the way at the top, and then you got people down the totem pole here. What are you going to do? What are you going to do when Lebron leaves? What are you going to do Lebron steph k d leave? Are you going to trust the game with the joker? Luca Jannis? Great players, Hall of Fame players? But then you got guys like John Morant. You can't trust him, wonderful talent, can't trust him. Zion Williamson reportedly you know available if you want to trade for him. So you're looking at what is the future? You know, Cooper Flag coming in like there's always going to be you know, fresh blood in there. The question is who is a tune in factor person. The WNBA struck gold they got Caitlin Clark. The NBA needs somebody somebody like that. And I think this is where Adam Silver is going to have to, you know, have a golden it back type thing of swinging for some things and trying some new things. Remember with baseball, the pitch clock. Oh god, the base is going to be a little bit larger. Uh, nobody complains about him. Now we actually had guys who stole bases. Games were quicker, like there seem to be more movement in the game. He's trying, and I think that's what you want. You know, football, it doesn't matter what they do. This commissioner can't screw it up. Hey, we're going to do this to the kickoff. Now, imagine if we were doing this years ago, where we said, hey, this is what we're doing. Even you can't touch a quarterback. Imagine if we did that years ago. Oh, what's the game devolved in? Oh, I don't want to watch this. Put a skirt on him. Now we're like, no, you got to protect them. You got to protect my homes. Nn TUA. The kickoff, Like esthetically, when you watch it, it's still weird to see you're just standing there, you know, like you know, you're guarding the queen and just standing there until and gout and then you scra you know, it's really silly looking.
Speaker 2: But the NFL can do no wrong.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're going to outsoort, We're sending games out of the country they do. Hey, we're going to have you play three games in eleven days. Okay, can't do any wrong, doubleheaders on Monday.
Speaker 2: You know, We're like, yeah, okay. But I think with the NBA, I.
Speaker 3: Think we're going to have to start looking and going, Okay, where are we going? What is the future of the NBA? And you got to ask these hard questions. We see what's happening in college football like it happened quick and it's still evolving, and that's what you have to be able to get ahead of, you know, these kind of decisions or these seismic shifts that you have in sports. Crazy. But I think that's what the NBA. They're going to have to have one of those what ifs. Hey, there's no bad ideas here, Let's just put stuff out there and see what can we do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The first thing I would say is I want to know who's playing. That's it. Are you playing? But don't tell me, Hey, they're playing for money. Now if you said the Bucks in Thunder had to put in their own money. Today in the middle of the court, commissioner brings a wheelbarrow out and says, they're playing for this money, and the Bucks and the Thunder put up the money. Okay, that's interesting, not going to happen. But just because they're playing for money doesn't mean anything to me. I want you to play hard, not hey, we're playing hard because we can get some money than do anything for me other than I guess they're really trying.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's like Baseball tried back with the All Star Game and Fox goes, nobody's watching the All Star Game? How about home field advantage for the World Series? Silly idea, But they were trying. I'd rather have that commissioner who's trying to do something now. I don't want change for the sake of change, but I do want ideas. And I think we're not beholding to records anymore. It's not like you go, oh my god, you've got the bases larger. Well that's not the same with Ricky Henderson. We got all that. I get that, but I think you got to try. You got to be experimental or willing to be flexible there. Because our attention span is getting shorter and shorter, you're going to flip through.
Speaker 2: It used to be you would just watch.
Speaker 3: Well, now you really have to give me a reason why I'm watching this game. I'd like that the Bucks, Giannis and Dame are playing well, and Doc Rivers seems like he's going to keep his job. Okay, the Thunder when they get Chaed Holmgren back. You know, SGA is a really talented play Not enough for me to tune in for that, and I love basketball, so I do think the NBA will have to look at something. I wouldn't be surprised if you start to hear, hey, they're considering this, or they'll float it out, they'll leak it in the media and say, hey, we're thinking about this. What and then all of a sudden we discuss it.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, Yeah, I would have lost some money because if we had made a bet at the end of last year's playoffs, I would have said, Anthony Edwards is the guy you have to hit your wagon to, just because they had such a great run in the playoffs, and he's such a great personality, and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I don't I mean, once again, I don't go all the Timberwolves are playing. I'm going to tune in, but if I do tune in, I know that he'll stand out. They're above five hundred with the Lakers. The Lakers, you know that roster is not a winning roster. You know they're an eight seed team. It feels like but Lebron's going to be done in a year, Steph in maybe two years, KD a couple then what I mean? These are all first ballot Hall of Famers, top fifteen players of all time, trying to get guys nowadays who are going to play, want to play, win championships.
Speaker 2: The fact that Zion is available right now. I mean the.
Speaker 3: Pelicans they almost had it, they almost did, and now they don't have anything.
Speaker 2: They're terrible, They're in last place. Zion couldn't miss.
Speaker 3: He's going to be a star. I don't even know if he wants to play. I don't know how much it matters to him. John Moran's got everything until he doesn't have anything. Anthony Edwards can be wonderful, but what did it come down to in the Olympics, those same three old guys. Joker's great, but he's just great to watch. So I don't know. I think the NBA has got a challenge here ahead of them because the last ten years the ratings have been going down steadily, a steady decline, and this year not good either. And who has the philosophy of a sport where you go, Hey, our season starts in October, but wait till Christmas and then we're going to have some really good games. I'm going to take a couple of months off. It's not a great game plan for me if you're the commissioner. Hey, the season starts Christmas Day. I think we all feel that way. That's what he was trying to do this with the NBA Cup. It's about the Cup, Todd.
Speaker 4: It's the Cup tonight. Fucks thunder for it all, for some of it, not all of it.
Speaker 2: The Cup, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: And the NBA is in even more trouble because the NFL's like, no, no, no, we got Christmas. Yes, they roughed them up too, like that was their primetime. Hey, guys, the seasons here are big matchups. We got five great games with ten great teams and NFL is like, I guess.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what the NFL said, Hey, we're gonna have our guys play on like two days rest.
Speaker 2: You guys have for it.
Speaker 3: Sure you want to play football and Christmas me away from the family.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 6: I think after listening to everything you just said, what really stands out to me is the NFL is always pushing it and feeling more intense and playing more games, and their players are playing Nobody sits out as a healthy scratch. What bothers me about the NBA, and for listening to talk about this for the past few minutes, the games lack intensity, no matter they have star power. They have lots of star power, a lot of recognizable names. When I tune into a game, I watch guys running up and down, jacking threes and running back down and jacking threes. And that's what it happens for about two hours. There's very little intensity. I don't need fighting or punching, but intensity of the game they feel. The games feel casual, especially the first half of the season.
Speaker 3: I watched the Knicks and the Hawks the other night, and I watched most of the game and really enjoyed it. There was a feel to it, but that's because of Trey Young in the Garden against the Knicks, and that is this standalone game. I'm not saying you're going to get that all the time, but I'd like a little bit more of that where it feels like it really means something to the players.
Speaker 2: And it just feels like, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: We're going to work, got to go out there, I got to play, you know, about thirty four minutes, and then ron to the next game. I shoot a couple threes and then that's it. It doesn't feel and maybe there's too many games we've talked about that, but once again, I'm not beholden to the records the way I once was. I don't know if the American public is either, But I do think you're going to need a commissioner, and this commercial commissioner is a very bright man to maybe start to look at things. And I think the courts that kind of had a shock value to it. You're like, whoa, what's this?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you want to do that all season long? Okay?
Speaker 3: Like what the All Star Game is not worth tuning into? Now we're tuning into what the three point shooting contest. But we're bringing in the WNBA with the NBA and okay, you're trying. They can't do anything with the All Star Game unless it's the United States against you know, everybody else in the world. Maybe that would be interesting. I just don't know if you'd have the depth. You probably have five or six really really good players from around the around the world, and then it would be a drastic fall off there. All right, we'll get started here. Got a poll question, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: We may have to play an impromptu good idea, bad idea later today where we say what we would give an idea to Commissioner Silver. Hmm, Like let's say, like you said, there's no bad ideas, all hands on deck.
Speaker 3: Well he has, you know, to his credit, he has enacted some of the things I proposed to him, and that is, you must play a certain number of games to qualify for postseason awards. And I think that that does help. Like you know, you almost have to dangle a carrot and say come on, you gotta play, gotta play. And we took away from the positions on first, second, third team.
Speaker 2: He did that as well.
Speaker 3: Those are two things I asked him to do basketball's positionless? Take him off, you know, first, second, third team, and let's have a requirement of to be eligible for postseason honors, you got to play in a certain number of games. Shouldn't be that way, but that's what it is, all right. We got phone calls, settle on our poll question. We're back after this, Dan Patrick shape.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right so.
Speaker 9: Check us out.
Speaker 8: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, i'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four and if you miss any of the live show, just search Cobe no on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 3: We'll settle on a pole question at least for the first hour. Get to your phone calls as well. No stupid idea, No stupid idea Tuesday. When it comes to the NBA, PAULI give an example to the audience of there's no bad ideas.
Speaker 6: We're trying to improve the game the NBA. You may change your mind after this one. Okay, contested dunks are worth three points. So you take it to the lane and dunk on someone or amongst someone, not an uncontested dunk. It's now worth three points. Think of how that changes the game on the floor.
Speaker 3: But then I won't contest it back to you. Once again, there's smart stuff. There's no bad ideas except for we're open. We're opening, so for contested dunks. Okay, Kirk d cousins. In primetime. All he does is win. He has now thrown one touchdown nine interceptions over the last five weeks. That's not good. It was a win and in that division, you still have a chance at seven and seven. Raheem Morris is the Falcons head coach. Here is the question and his answer about his quarterback play.
Speaker 7: Can you assess Kirk's play tonight and where you're at? I know you guys got the dub, but in terms of him as the starting quarterback move forward.
Speaker 10: He's got to play better. And you know, obviously you got to go back. You gotta be a look at everything. But you know, he wants to play better. He's got to play better. We got to find a way to get him to play better. And obviously we'll get to work tomorrow. And that's the part of our process, right. You go, you look at the tape, you review with the people that needs to be reviewed with. You know, we get all the coordinators of the room. We'll talk with everybody, and we got to play better at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a word salad that meant absolutely no. So the reporter asked the follow up question. We're just going to play the question and then we're going to play what would you say or how would you answer this?
Speaker 2: So here's the question to Raheem Morris.
Speaker 7: Are you prepared to replace them with Michael Pennix?
Speaker 3: Okay, prepared to Todd, I'll let you be Raheem Morris, what would you say?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 11: Look, guys, I think I already answered that we're rolling with Kirk Cousins. He's our quarterback, all right, But everyone's got to be evaluated. Everyone's got to step up. There's a playoff spot on the line. We're going with Kirk Cousins, but no one, no one is under the guise of being able to just do whatever they want and just go out there and do it.
Speaker 4: We're going to take it one game.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, hold on, Are you evaluating everybody which means Michael Pennix Junior gets to play, or are you staying with Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 11: We're staying with Kirk Cousins, but I will say that every position is up for grabs. There's a playoff spot on the line. We are going to evaluate everyone, and I mean everyone.
Speaker 3: So b Jeon Robinson is up for grabs. After he went over one thousand yards, he starts.
Speaker 11: Fumbling the football or gets negative yards, there's someone right there ready to get in there.
Speaker 2: All right, Marvin, your turn to play Raheem Morris.
Speaker 5: Kirk Cousins is our starter right now, but anything could change at any moment.
Speaker 6: Okay, Paul, We're looking at all options to win football games.
Speaker 2: I would and that's probably the best answer.
Speaker 3: The less you say, the better, But it's we believe in Kirk, but we have to have all options on the table.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: We're trying to win a division. We're not trying to make friends. My job is to win. Here is the question and the answer for Raheem Morris.
Speaker 7: Are you prepared to replace them with Michael Pennox?
Speaker 10: You know, we got everybody in our roster for a reason, right, We got so much to get better at and like, those things will always be discussed.
Speaker 4: That's just the nature of the Beast and football.
Speaker 10: It's just so heavily talked about it at the quarterback position because there's only one guy out there, you know, so like for us man our mentality is the final way to win the next that's just a Mentell we ever going to have uh coach?
Speaker 3: You didn't answer the question in any way. No, he did a good job in avoiding it. But that's where you say, what would it take for you to go to Michael Pennix Junior.
Speaker 2: Yes, DoD, I've.
Speaker 11: Already answered that we need to win football games. Okay, we need to win football games. That's my answer.
Speaker 3: Now. He didn't say no or that he wouldn't consider Michael Pennix Junior. This is what I was told yesterday as I'm watching the game and I'm kind of going back and forth with a source, and I said, what do you think Michael Pennix Junior's development is if they're not even really considering him right now? And he said, this is what people they make the mistake of quinn Ewers at Texas and arch Manning. Steve Sarkesian sees quinn Ewers every day in practice in arch Manning and knows quinn Ewers gives him a better chance to win than arch Manning right now. He said, the coach is there every day. They see this every day. O see there's something there or not there with Michael Pennix junior right now, maybe and he listens to the show, so he goes maybe they sprinkle him in. If a game is out of reach, either they're up by a lot or they're down by a lot, then maybe you give him a little bit of a run. But you're in a tight divisional race here with Tampa Bay, and you can't afford any more slip ups if you're going to try to win this division. I mean, this is incredible that the Vikings may not win their division and they'll be on the road for a playoff game where Atlanta or Tampa will win that division and they'll host a playoff game, or Green Bay is going to have a better record. You know, this has happened before, where you have teams that you know don't even get to ten wins, or maybe they get to ten wins. You're going to have a couple of teams that may have thirteen wins and they're not hosting playoff games.
Speaker 6: Yeampoland iwa was look at the Cousins situation. He's completely under contract for a lot of money next year. Any chance of Falcons look at what Denver did and say, we may have to eat one year, but we already have Michael Pennix the Dolph. The Broncos made a gutsy move. They got ripped for that financial move, but it's working out for the Broncos now.
Speaker 3: The difference is Kirk Cousins is extremely likable. Sean Payton didn't like Russell Wilson. He didn't want him in the building. He didn't want Russ to have his own office, you know, all of this stuff, like he wanted him gone, he wanted this. I'm coaching, I've got players, I don't have an assistant coach, and it's Russell Wilson down the hallway. Kirk Cousins is well liked now, probably losing some respect as far as being able to step up and play, and he played well earlier in the season. But five games, one touchdown, nine interceptions. That's inexcusable. But that might tell you where Michael Pennix is in his development. Falcons next three games, their final three.
Speaker 6: Games, Giants, Commanders, Panthers.
Speaker 3: You got to win all three. You got to win all three, and you should, or at least you got a really good shot there. Commanders. With Kirk playing his former team, maybe that's a big deal. But what's Tampa final three games.
Speaker 6: Tampa's last three games at the Cowboys hosts the Panthers host the Saints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so easier schedule. Can't afford can't afford another slip up here.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Can you put Michael Pennix Junior in now three games to go? If they lost last night? I would. I would put him in. If they lost fifteen to nine, then I would if he's ready. Once again, I don't know his development. I don't have somebody with the Falcons who's saying, hey, you know, I had somebody with the Chargers who said, hey, uh, Justin Herbert's the real deal.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 9: Wapp Oh my god, Play of the day, My god, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 1: Santa Bacle, blast along and ask Kissela getting a foot race with Bamford kiss.
Speaker 9: When it it does Keety with the National tamp is it what you want to get?
Speaker 2: Don Oh my god, that guy go call Cinderella.
Speaker 9: Look at called nasal taps call the first time.
Speaker 3: Ever Vermont wins the National Championship beating Marshall. That's courtesy of ESPN two. Vermont scored sixteen goals in the eighty third minute or later this season. A true Cinderella story. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by tire rack dot Com. The Way Tire Buying Should Be The official tire expert of the program tried the Tire Decision Guide. Full lineup of Goodyear Tires, great people, great offers, great tires, tire reck dot Com.
Speaker 2: The Way Tire Buying should be?
Speaker 3: Should you put the Titans on the pole? Question of teams? How did you phrase the pole?
Speaker 2: Question?
Speaker 11: Todd Rich NFL franchise feels like it is in the worst shape. We had the Bears, Giants, Panthers, Raiders. Now we're thinking Browns, Jaguars, Titans should all be in the mix for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's my question for the dan Ets, and I ask them, do you know who the head coach of the Titans is?
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin Jeff Fisher. Yes, that's the last time I paid attention to Mike Vrabel.
Speaker 2: Yes, did they whiff on will Levis?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 2: Do you know the head coach of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: Mitchell Rhodes, it's not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Road sounds like an accountant coach Roads.
Speaker 4: We gotta win one here, one for coach Road.
Speaker 3: Ray Rhoads. Paul, who's the Titans head coach?
Speaker 6: Not Dave Canalis. I want to show that I know at least yes, your.
Speaker 3: Name McGillicutty, Tommy McGillicutty.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's I could have told me. I got it right, Yes, Marv.
Speaker 4: It's not McDonald. It's not Michael McDonald.
Speaker 3: He's in Seattle Jack So they got bad uniforms. Nobody knows their head coach. They may have whiffed on Will Levis. I put the Titans on there. Yeah, Paul, I have the name.
Speaker 6: Do you want it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Brian Callahan there you go. That's close to McGillicutty or whatever.
Speaker 3: It wasn't Brian Callahan wasn't uh? Was it was it Callahan break pads Callahan motors?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he was Tommy Callahan. I don't know if his dad was, you know, Ryan Callahan. That's yes, yes, Tom.
Speaker 4: Is that a relation to Bill Callahan? Can we safely say that? Or no?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's I don't know if that's his son, Bill Callahan, who was with the Raiders went to Nebraska. Yeah, so yeah, I would put the Titans on there, kind of like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, nondescript.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul and boll Callahan was the quarterback in draft day that they didn't want to draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had bad rap with his teammates. Yes, all right, no bad ideas when it comes to fixing the NBA.
Speaker 2: No bad ideas today. Uh, let's see, is it Jaren in Indiana?
Speaker 12: How's it going? DP?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 13: But I got a couple of ideas for the NBA. I know this one's kind of been mentioned already, but I think they need to reduce the games they played in the season. They're just too watered down and it's hard for the fans to care if the players don't care. And I think they should work it in with their contracts as well, not only the postseason awards, but the amount of money they make if they if they set games, then they should lose out on money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they I don't know if you can take the money away from them, but these are all ideas that they've already enacted. You've got to play a certain number of games to qualify for all NBA awards.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else do we have? Colin in New York a Colin.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, do you ever play backball with a girl like competitively?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 12: I mean like I did when I was in the Boys and Girls Club in fifth grade. My point guard was a girl. She was about dribblerund on the team. You know, it was awesome. And there's all these w NBA stars. I mean, how like tomorrow's headlines today Sabrien I s who outshines Lebron with triple doubble and win. You want to watch that game?
Speaker 4: You know? Is it?
Speaker 12: Is it on YouTube? Either they got the highlights or the full game, you know, Like, I mean, why don't we combine these two? I mean I think after a while, not even after a while, I think immediately I think, wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, you want to combine the NBA and the w NBA.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I just think it's it's just more, it's it's great, it's great playing, you know, like with women, you could have like a rule, like maybe you have to have three guys and two women on the court, you know, on your team on the court.
Speaker 3: Okay, once again, I did state there's no bad ideas today. But I can't see that happening Colin. But thank you, no bad ideas that probably wouldn't work out. Well, it's crazy, and once again there's no bad ideas.
Speaker 11: Yes, hun, what if we had little white lights around the perimeter of the basketball court, and when the lights are either on or blinking, feel free to chuck up as many threes as you want.
Speaker 4: When those lights are off, it's only twos.
Speaker 3: Well, I said that last week of you have the three point line lights up? I like that when it lights up, then you get to shoot. Okay, let's putting a lot of hours. Are you listening to me?
Speaker 4: I guess I thought mine was a little different. My lights were around the perimeter.
Speaker 11: Of the court and blinking lights when the lights are on enough, But who has the power to decide when you can take threes and not some guy up in the rafters that are plugging in pressing.
Speaker 4: A button totally random, just on some kind of automated Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, it's like a slot machine where you're never sure, then all of a sudden it starts to light up.
Speaker 11: What if you're in the process of taking the flight and all of a sudden, the light goes out.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, I got I released it before we got to look at the replay.
Speaker 2: What do you think happens?
Speaker 4: Lots of replay in the game next five hours.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a bad idea because I came up with it last week. It's a bad idea because you thought you came up with it this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough. I knew I heard it somewhere. I must have been back of my mind somewhere.
Speaker 2: You should listen to the show occasionally.
Speaker 4: It's pretty well. Listen to me that.
Speaker 2: What did Chris.
Speaker 3: Myers say when we had him on many many many years ago, Uh, I listened to your show here, it's pretty good. Now he said, it's surprisingly good.
Speaker 2: Thank you Chris.
Speaker 4: That's not a compliment.
Speaker 3: No, no, not that I'm waiting for a compliment from Chris Myers. And I'm going to go, hey, you know what, it's a decent show we got here, Thank you, Chris. Do we have our poll? So we have our poll question on maybe we need to keep this for the next hour. Maurice Jones Drew is going to join us. Oh, ask him which team feels hopeless right now?
Speaker 11: Bears Browns, Giants, Jags, Panthers, Raiders, Titans.
Speaker 3: More phone calls coming up next hour as well. It's the Cup, todd Costs, It's the Cup.
Speaker 1: Bucks.
Speaker 3: Thunder tonight on ABC, all the marbles, It's for the Cup, the Cup,