Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through.
Speaker 2: How do you keep your peace of mind?
Speaker 1: For me, it begins and ends with prayer, with knowing that there is a higher power in charge, so I don't have to be and when I remember that, I can have peace in the midst of the storms of life. With all the insanity going on in the world, it is so hard to stay focused when there are all these distractions. So what do you do? What do you do to maintain your peace of mind, to maintain your equilibrium, to be at peace, to continue to be effective, and your relationships and your job and your family. You can't let all these things steal your joy.
Speaker 2: Hi Dan, Welcome to the Delilah Show. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: Hi, Delilah, I'm going to let you know I work three jobs and I don't have much time to listen to the radio during the day. So after my last job, I usually listen to other stations. And I was flipping the jails one night and got you on and you know, listening to you talking about you know, life and you know, instead of just playing music. You're talking about real instances in life. You kind of motivated me a little bit to kind of get back to talking to the Creator. So what I do is on the way home, when listening to you, I will pull over in an area and kind of look up at the stars and just chill out and just kind of relax a little bit and just kind of talk to God a little bit and get back to that instead of just you know, the daily grind and just forget about everything, you know, like the religious stuff, and just forget all about that. And I don't need to do that. I need to get back more with God. And you've kind of inspired me to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. When you talk to him again, would you put in a good word for me?
Speaker 3: I will put in as many good words as you are. But it's just, you know, when you see the stars at night, it's you know, and there's not much traffic, so you know, I'm it's just really kind of really basically relaxing, relaxing, and you get back to, you know, where life needs to be. You kind of try to put it in perspective instead of the daily grind all the time. Hurry up, hurry up. Hurry up.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of times people make God so complicated or so difficult to understand, or so pious or so distant out there, when just like you said, just looking at the stars, enjoying the magnificent beauty he created, Being able to love completely and deeply and get in touch with that side of us that hungers and lungs for that connection.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for bringing me back to reality.
Speaker 2: Hi Diane, thanks for calling. This is Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to tell you how I met my sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, tell me your story.
Speaker 4: When I was a little girl, my sister in law, who was dating my brother at the time, had a subscription to a magazine that was written by missionary kids, and we would read this magazine together every month and then pray for one of the kids for the whole month that we liked their story the best. And one month we picked this story because the picture of the boy and the story. He had a monkey on his shoulder, and we just thought it would be really cool to have a monkey for a pet, so we picked him, and as time went by, he kept coming to mind. The picture stuck in my head, even though you know, life goes on, and we didn't get together to rethrough the magazine anymore once we grew up. But so when I was in college, I met somebody who also was had grown up as a missionary kid, but he wanted to go back and work with his parents, and so we dated and we ended up getting married, and we never actually went to the mission field, but we had a family, and we were moving into a house about three years ago. We'd been married for about seventeen years, and I was going through a box of old stuff and trying to a.
Speaker 2: Long time later, yes, and I.
Speaker 4: Found an issue of this magazine that my sister in law used to get and I thought, oh, that's cool. I haven't seen this magazine in years. And I suddenly was staring at the picture of the boy with the monkey on his shoulder that had been in my head for all those years. And I discovered that it was my husband who wrote the article. He wrote the article when he was on the mission field with his parents.
Speaker 1: Did you just start screaming when you discovered that I was faking?
Speaker 4: I was crying.
Speaker 3: I was like, you won't believe this.
Speaker 4: You have to come see this. He's like, I know, I've seen it. I wrote it, and I was like, but.
Speaker 3: You don't understand.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, go enjoy your life, your husband, your blessing, and let me find a song for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Lily.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: You've done so much already. I have to tell you, I've been through the worst two and a half years any person could be going through, and you brought me such hope and keep bringing me back to my faith that I sometimes feel i'm losing that. I had to call and thank you.
Speaker 1: Now. See, here's the secret that you don't realize that, no matter what it is that you're going through, or whatever mistakes you've made that are stealing your joy and making you restless, I've made bigger mistakes.
Speaker 5: Well it wasn't my mistake.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you're struggling with life issues that have nothing to do with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling with life issues that have everything to do with my foolishness. Oh does it.
Speaker 2: I can't even blame God or blame fate. I can only blame myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, see I lost someone very dear to me, and I mean very dear, and now I'm very sick.
Speaker 2: And you need a safe place to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and sometimes you just you wonder, God, what are you doing to me? You know? And how much is one person supposed to bear? And I realized that if I keep my faith, it'll work out. And I absolutely adore you. You're great.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you? And can I just say this.
Speaker 1: I heard somebody say one time, if God has led you to it, he's going to get you through it. Yeah, he will get you through it if you have faith and nothing else. You need a mustard, see the faith that whatever trials and tribulations you're facing, you're going to come out on the other side as stronger person.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, Chris. Hi.
Speaker 2: This is Delilah. How are you tonight?
Speaker 6: Deliah? If I told you my whole life story start to finish to where I'm at right now, see the things I've been through. I called you about three years ago going through a really bad divorce and I actually had to get a paternity test on my daughter because I found my wife cheating, and whatever the case may be. It called you about three years ago, got on the air with you and whatnot, and at that point in my life, I thought things were just terrible, and I thought it couldn't get me worse, you know, And now here I am three years later, and my life is just it's a completely happy place because it's not about what you want. It's not about what's going on in your mind, because you're not in control, and God is. And I promise you that, more so than I can ever possibly fathom to tell you. God is in control and he would do miraculous things in your life. And I'm telling you I'm fit, yours living proof. Three years ago, I'm telling you it was a different place, and I thought that life was falling apart on me. And now here I am, and I'm living well. I'm living very good. My career is going very well. I don't have a girlfriend in my life. I told her, yours sistant. I either can have a girlfriend or a good career. I can't have both. If you could play it's not a love song, I guess, but it's more of a triumphant kind of a thing. Then if you can play don't stop believing from journey, that would be an awesome thing. I've been through drugists, I've been through everything you can possibly imagine, and I hold a white collar job with no high school education whatsoever, no college degree, no nothing. And God is in control. He can give you anything. The Bible says God will give you the desires of your heart. And if you believe that with everything you've got, there is nothing God's not willing to do for you.
Speaker 1: Well hang on to that faith because times are going to get rockier and we're going to need people with a strong faith to lenan.
Speaker 2: So hang on to that and let me play that song. Thank you very much, God, bless you honey by christ. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you.
Speaker 1: I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah m