Speaker 1: Welcome back to a numbers game of podcast with Ryan Kurdsky. I am your host. Thanks for being here again this week. Lots of big news happening, especially in the podcasting world, and I just want to talk about something for a second that it not political, just made me laugh. The Golden Globes announced that they are going to give an award out now for best Podcasts starting next year. This is the first major award show to give an award out for podcasting, and it is a big bag of bs in my opinion, because you know, when you think of the biggest podcast hosts in the country. Obviously I'm not the biggest podcast host in the country, but if you think of the biggest podcast hosts in the countries, the Joe Rogan's, the Theo Bonds, Megan Kelly, Crime Junkie, Call Her Daddy, Ben Shapiro, you know, these massive, massive shows that have been on for years and I've basically built the platform. None of them, in my opinion, You're probably get nominated like none of them, because if you think about it, because Hollywood doesn't make a lot of movies anymore, and TV shows are like ten episodes long, and it's just not what it used to be even a couple of years ago, pre COVID. A lot of celebrities have moved to the podcasting world, so you have like Amy Poehler and Michelle Obama and Conan O'Brien and John Stewart. That's who's going to be nominated. Not actual podcasters who work really hard to make the platform and do really really good work with it. It will be people who are already famous and celebrities, and they'll just find another way to reward them. I don't know. May My I roll made me laugh. I thought it was very funny and I wanted to share with my audience. Anyway. Lots of news happening in America, with discussions over the tax bill, which I plan on covering hopefully later on in the week, and the Trump trip to Saudi Arabia, which I briefly covered last week. But something revolutionary is happening overseas, like truly revolutionary that really needs to be touched upon. And it's happening in the United Kingdom. Prime Minister Kerestarmer of the Labor Party that's the center left party like our Democratic Party, has announced he's doing a major crackdown immigration Okay. This is significant because as the Labor Party, like our Demo Democratic Party, has spent decades being peddled to the medal for mass migration. Immigration in the UK was fairly stagnant for most of the twentieth century. The form foreign born population from nineteen fifty one to nineteen ninety one double from one point eight million to three point six million over forty years. That's about forty five thousand a year. That's a lot, but it's not you know, it's not unsustainable migration. Then came former Labor Prime Minister Tony Blair, same party as Keir Starmer from nineteen ninety seven to two thousand and seven when he led the country. He was the prime minister during those years. He fundamentally changed it. Remember it took forty years to double a very small population of immigrants in the UK. He managed to double a larger population in just twenty years, from three point six million to seven point two million under his leadership. After decades of having no more than seventy five thousand immigrants in a single year a net immigration a single year, Blair increased into about a quarter of a million a year by his final year in office. And why he did that, Why did he make such a dramatic transformation in a relatively small country with long standing traditions longer than our countries even existed. Well, according to people close to him, he said he wanted to rub the rights noses and diversity. That's the entire reason behind mass immigration. It was nothing to do with the economy or labor shortages, or increasing the military or advancing technology. No, nothing, It was just to make conservative people feel uncomfortable. That was the entire plan. The Conservative Party often called the Tories. So if you're hearing me say tourism referring to the Conservative Party, they are the traditional center right part of the UK, our version of the Republicans, and they campaign on reducing immigration to historic levels. So after more than ten years of the labor leadership, they finally won control of Parliament in twenty ten under David Cameron. So what did David Cameron do well two years? For two years he kind of lowered them a little bit, immigration a little bit, and then he rapidly increased it, even surpassing Tony Blair numbers. And that doesn't even go to the increased level of illegal immigration that was coming to the country, which spiked because of the Hour of Spring, when Angela Merkel of Germany led the whole Third World into Germany. A lot of them made their way to the UK because they beautiful, generous welfare policies and it was a wonderful place to live. So they managed to sit there and get there, and the British public was fed up and a lot of them blamed the European Union on this. After all, Germany was the largest nation in the European Union on the continent. They Angela Merkel was the face of the European Union at the time, and there's a lot of European regulations around migration that forbade them from deporting people and accepting people. Cameron decided to try to appease the British public. Prime Minister David Cameron tried to appease the British public by offering a vote on the country's membership to the EU. And to the shock of David Cameron and most of the media and the British public at large, the British voters voted to leave the EU. They voted for Brexit and Breggs. It was about many things, but immigration, sovereignty, and the ability to control one's borders were the main reasons. That's why that happened. And once breggs it was successful. The Tory shuffle leadership because Cameron resigned because he campaigned to stay in the European Union and he lost. And then they got Teresa May and you don't really remember her much except she was an awkward dancer. She would dance for some reason in public. I kind of loved it, but it was it was awkward anyway, and then ultimately end up with Boris Johnson. Boris Johnson was oftentimes compared to Trump. He had a really messy personal life. He said crazy things a lot, and he had vibrant blonde hair that was always very unique. And people call him Bojo, so I'm gonna say Bojo. While Bojo campaigned on quote unquote getting bregsit done and finalizing the agreement with the European Union, he quite blacked away from his pledge to lower levels of immigration. And despite having one of the largest parliamentary majorities in modern British history, the largest for the Tories since Margaret Thatcher in the eighties, he did nothing to promote a conservative agenda. Seriously, if you want to feel good about the Republican Party, Look up the Tories while Bojo was in charge of them. Johnson increased legal immigration, passed anything that Tony Blair and the Labor Party could have ever dreamed of net migration. Remember it was historically forty five thousand, increased to over eight hundred and fifty thousand people per year. And remember this is the country that is a fifth of the population of the United States. It would be like the US quadrupling our legal immigration. And this happened under the Conservative Party, the center right party decades a promising reducing immigration, and he blew it out of the water. Boris Johnson ended up having to resign and his success was win named Liz trust I remember her. She lasted for less than I think it was ahead of Lettuce. I think she lasted for seven weeks. And then there was Richie Sunac who was the previous Prime minister Rishi Sunac as I call him Britain's modern day Lady Macbeth because he sabotage and backstepped everybody to get the position of power, only to lead the Tories to the largest defeat in modern history, where they lost two thirds of all their seats. But he's important and it's important to mention Sunak before I mentioned the current prime minister. Most important things Suonek did at the end of his time in office is once again, he also campaigned on reducing immigration and said he was going to do it right, unlike the other three Tory leaders and two Labor leaders. Was he was going to crack down on illegal immigration by making a deal with the nation of Rwanda to house illegal immigrants, kind of like how Trump is doing with El Salvador. Because there was a mass problem with illegomgration. They were a string of tax a string of crimes, some rooming gangs. He was going to solve this. Well, the courts struck him down almost immediately upon doing this, and they was because he was in violation something called the ECCHR. This is extremely important for anyone who likes to know about European politics. The ECHR is the European Convention on Human Rights. It was drafted back in the fifties, right after World War Two, and it was basically to prevent countries from refusing admission to you know, Jewish, prominently Jewish refugees, or send them back to what would be like Nazi Germany to a concentration camp. And basically it said if a migrant, if a refugee would be harmed in their native country, you cannot send them back. It's totally illegal to send someone back if they would be harmed in their country of origin. So let's say, let's say someone from Nigeria came to the UK, had a family there and they went on to rape a bunch of young girls. He cannot be sent back to Nigeria if he states he'll have a political persecution there. That's a real story that really did happen. A Nigerian pedophile was not allowed to be deported after raping young girls because he said he would life would be too hard for him in Nigeria, and the British courts agree with him. Now you could obviously see how that would upset the British public. It upsets me even talking about it. There's also thing called the Civil Rights Act. That's thing that Tony Blair put in that also has a series of different regulations and rules. But who you can deport when there's some thing called like people have a right to a family, So if you have a family, they are in Britain then that would mean you probably can't be deported unless you commit a very serious heinous act. Apparently rape is not one of them. But Sunak was adamant that the ECHR had to go. He's promised to sit there and campaign against it and never did. And that leads us to our current prime minister here, Starmer, the one is in office right now, the Labor Party who was announcing he's doing all these immigration policies. A lot of these immigration policies seem common sense to the average person. He's going to increase the wait time to declare citizenship. You have to wait ten years now instead of five. He has restrictions on visas. You have to know English fluently in order to live in England. Seems pretty obvious. And he announced he wants to start to do a Rwanda plan. He wants to do his own Rewanda plan, the same plan he campaigned against the same plan in the courts, sat there and said you can't do under the ECCHR, which he said he's going to reform. I will hold my breath for that. Why. I think that's the question that leads you to sit there and say why, why would the Labor Party, why would Cure Starmer of the Labor Party the far Left sit there and be co signing this now because on May first, a very important thing happened. The Labor part Party got obliterated in local elections, but they didn't lose to the Tories. They lost to Nigel Farage. I'm sure my audience know who Nigel Farage is. For those who don't, he's very closely aligned to Trump. He's been in America media a ton. He has a party call Reform UK Party. It is hated by the British establishment and the media, just like Trump was hated here, and he was in the political wilderness for decades. Nigel ran for Parliament seven times and lost all seven times. He was considered a joke until the last election when he finally won. He won along with four other Reform UK parties, and they've won another seat since then in a by election and a special election. Essentially, he is now polling in first place at over thirty percent in a country with seven political parties. He will be if this election were held tomorrow, he would be the prime minister, which was considered an impossibility just a few years ago. It would be like going back in a time machine to twenty thirteen and hearing Donald Trump will be your president in the next few years, and you laughing at the person anyone would have laughed at the person. I would have laughed at the person like that seems like it's impossible in twenty thirteen, and by twenty sixteen the situation had changed so dramatically and so badly that anyone with a compelling message like that obviously was going to win. And to you know, to take from a British term, Nigel Faraj is scaring the living piss out of Cure Starmer and the Labor Party. So that's why he's changing his tune on immigration. Why does it matter to an American audience? For the same reason that the transformational Labor Party could indicate the transformation of the Democratic Party. The Labor Party is so woke. England is so woke that they still on certain soccer games. This is true as like two weeks ago, at certain soccer games they still kneel for George Floyd. In the UK, this is a woke country, this is a woke elite, a woke established a woke political party. And if they are sitting there and saying we need to get right on immigration? Can the Democratic Party be next? My guest this week is a brilliant professor from the UK who's going to tell us what's happening there and what could happen here. Stay tuned. Matthew Goodwin is a British academic, a writer. He is a brilliant substect that I use to get all my insights on the UK, their politics, their culture, what's going on on our mother country. I cannot recommend a nothing can be found at Matt Goodwin dot org. Matt, thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. It's great to connect.
Speaker 1: Now, Matt, first question. Prime Minister Starmer has announced a series of new restrictions on migration, from increasing the wait time to apply for citizenship to closing loopholes in the AChR and talking about even reopening the Rwanda deportations unders. How much of this is sincere and how much is just fear of the Nigel Farage and what are the chance that the labor actually goes with it?
Speaker 2: So I think there are a couple of things going on here. That first is our political system has been completely transformed by the rise of as you say, Nigel Farage and the All Party, which is currently number one in the opinion poll. This is the most significant political insurgency since the rise of the Labor Party in the early twentieth century. It's really really big. Nigel Ferrage and this party just won the local elections local municipal council elections in the country. They became the first party in history to finish ahead of Labor and the Conservatives in those elections. So look, this is a very very significant moment. But the reality is that I Steamer and the Labor Party are also responding to a very different public mood for the first time since the vote for Breakfit, which Americans will remember because it was only a few months before the election of Donald Trump, the first election of Trump in twenty sixteen. For the first time since then, migration is now the number one issue in British Southiety according to you gov, which is a reliable Polster. Immigration is now seen by voters as being more important than the economy, and that is reflecting these unprecedented historic levels of migration that we have had into the country, particularly since the COVID pandemic. We've had about two to three million people migrate into what is quite a small Island in just a few years, mainly low skill, low wage migration. So what Issimer and Labor are trying to do is not just fend off the threat of Nigel Projen a reform party who are doing particularly well in labor areas in what you guys would call, you know, flyover country, the roughs spelt, you know, all of that sort of similar here in working clocks areas. That's the core for this reform party. But I was also saying, well, we've got a country here that is increasingly concerned about the immigration Issho very anxious about the direction of the company, and he's also trying to get his arms around back wide.
Speaker 1: But I mean labor. Some Labor Party members have pushed back and say they don't want to go forward with it. They said, you can't out forage Farage. I mean, do will they have? Will they be successful in pushing out you know, Starmer or pushing Starmar away from us?
Speaker 2: Well, I see a lot of parallels with the U estimate to be frank right, Remember in the early days of Trump, a lot of people's dead. You know, this strategy isn't going to work. Going hard on border security, going hard on immigration, you know, there are all kinds of people polstered Democrats, even moderate Republicans who were staying you know, the times had moved on. This is you know, this is a strategy that will only win among angry, old, you know, white men and the past. Trump obviously outside the whole system through that strategy and he realized there was something else going on in the country. I see a parallel with Britain because if you look at the pro immigration attitude of the labor activists who are complaining about kids Darma, both attitudes are basically ten to fifteen percent of the country maximum if I'm being generous. You know, we had one opinion poll this week that showed eighty five percent of Brits eighty five percent want net migrate and reduce from where it is now, so seven hundred and thirty thousand people every year, meaning meaning nearly a million more people coming into the country than leading every year. The Brits want that reduced the low one hundred thousand and a nearly halfable Brick want net migration reduced to zero or net negative migration meaning more people leaving than coming in. So if you basically are a labor activist, thinking I'm comfortable with the state that's quote. In fact, I want more immigration. According to that pole, you are basically representing five percent of Britain. Just five percent of Brits are basically comfortable with wettings are the VARs majority one to dramatically reduced migration. So Farage is swimming in some very very favorable warp that I would argue he's got the biggest political market that he's had at any point in his career. But for the Labor Party, you can see the tensions because they're not really going to win back reform voters because reform voters see through Karstarma, they know that this is political rhetoric, it's not actually supported by robust policy. But they're also alienating those pro immigration fanatic who are going to start to go off to the Greens and to the Liberal Democrats and to parties on the left. So yeah, we're seeing real historic change here.
Speaker 1: Because while Starmer is made of this announcement, he also had a free was a free migration policy with India that he just announced to actually increase migration to India. All these things in a crackdown and it's very we see a lot of them in the States too. I want to ask about Nigel Farage because he's probably the most well known British politician in America. He's got a ton of American media who's very close Donald Trump for a while, and I don't think Americans understood he was considered a joke by the British media and by the British public. He ran I think for office seven times and losing before join member of Parliament with the Reform UK Party. Why has this moment launched him? A man who's been around for decades and what are Labor and Tories toys trying to do.
Speaker 2: To stop The first thing to say about Nigel Ferrage is that he is going to go down as one of the most consequential politicians in the modern era. Remember this. There is a guy who has already won two nationwide elections with two different political party. He won the twenty fourteen European elections with his first party, the UK and Debended Party. He maintained back after the Brexit referendum with the Brexit Party to make sure that Brexit was implemented. He won the twenty nineteen European elections with the Brexit Party and now He's just won the local municipal elections with the Reform Party, so look, you know, and by the way, he helped deliver the Brekdit vote, so he is rans down the most consequential politician of I would argue our generation. He's a sort of modern day wat Pilo, the man who led peasants revolt against London many centuries to go. And he is a very charismatic politician. The reason he's back, let's be clear about this, is because I know Nigel very well and he once told me that he looked at politics like he used to look at the stock market. Okay, he buys the stock when they're cheap, and he tends to cash out when the stock is thurging, you know. And I think what happened a year ago, he looked around at the liberal landscape. He looked at this big debate over immigration, the small boat crisis, a legal migrating crisis on the border, which is quite similar to your migration crisis on the southern border. I think he looked at the Labor Party. I think he looked at Kemmy bad Knock, the new leader of the Tories, and I think he just thought, you know this whole thing is wide open. I'm going to come back. I'm going to lead the perform Party and I'm going to pull together a coalition that's bigger and better than anything I've had previously. And everyone in Westminster always brutinely they laugh at Nigel ay Mock, They insult, their dismissive. But is he once said in the European Parliament. They're not laughing now because he's number one in the Indian polls. He has effectively rhy and replaced the Conservatives. Already, you arouse me. They're scared the piss out of it speaking now? Is you and I speaking now? In the national polls, the former on thirty one percent, the Conservatives under Kemy Badnock are on sixteen tense. So this is really an important point. What we're witnessing is the depth of one of the most successful and older political party than the history of democracy. And Americans really should they'll know what's going on here because what the Conservatives represent is that kind of Romney old Republican coalictum that never moved with the times, and what Nigel represents is that Trumpian manga more only givety just you know, UNTI establishment and ti immigration alternative. The Toys have refused to lean into or deal with this realignment in the way that Trump did, and now Nigel's the big beneficiary of that. So with see English remarkable coalition coming together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's so odd from an American who reads and follows British politics, Boris Johnson in twenty twenty one had a gigantic majority or twenty nineteen whenever the year of the election was a majority Surgery support Biggish since Margaret Thatcher and had the wherewithal, had the ability to really do whatever he wanted. Britain is not like the America or we have a Senate in sixty votes. If you have a majority of the Parliament, you can basically do almost anything you want. And from two tier policing to immigration to I mean, he didn't have even a coherent policy where he demanded to be Singapore in the teams of the idea of having like London be like Singapore, have mass migration. He kind of had no central plan and the Conservative Party withered in real time from almost the apax of their political power since the eighties to well to nothing in a matter of five years, six years.
Speaker 2: Well, absolutely I mean Boris Johnson, it's not quite fair to say you didn't do anything. What he did do with them a liberal agenda on the Conservative Party. That's basically what Boris Johnson did. He liberally likely im the Great Francisco. He opened the floodgate. I remember in twenty nineteen he was very clear. He said, I will lower overall numbers and now we gain control of the border. He put the numbers to the highest level that we've ever seen. We call it the Boris wave in the country, a wave of loth skill and no wave migrating from outside of Europe. But he also lost control of the borders. At the same time, Boris Johnson basically reinvented Nigel faraja career. Nigel Faraja is really representing the revenge of voters on the Conservative Party that told them down the river. In fact, many Americans don't know this, but if you think Boris Johnson is like a Winston Churchill figure, you know, you're you know, smoking something very strong. Let me put it like that, because what Boris Johnson did, you know what he did? He even removed the requirement for British company to advertise jobs in Britain before they advertise for those jobs. Oversee, now, Winston Churchill would have been a pool by Boris Johnson's they've inclected Winston Churchill would around today a bit like Margaret Thatcher. I suspect that they would be voting for the Reform Party, not for the Tories. I mean, this is the party that has really fundamentally lost touch with the country because it's so far left on these culturally. It refused to do whatever is necessary to regain control of our boarder that Nigel frag has got this enormous amount of space to move and operate in. And I would predict that if you and I were to have another conversation like this at the end of this year, at the end of twenty twenty five, I would predict with some confidence that not only will Reform be even stronger in the national polls, but they will have a number of prominent Conservative Party defectors.
Speaker 1: I was going to ke you about that, because I've heard rumors that Reese magg is considering and that other people are considering joining the Reform Party from my friends overseas. I I had that I've heard the same thing. I know Suella Braverman's had many conversations, but that's been public anyway. But I've heard private conversations existed as well, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: There was a fantastic British show back in the day before Kevin Spacey looked involved called House of Calm, and as you know, one of the lines in that show filmed down the road from where I'm speaking to you now, and Weminster is you might think that I couldn't possibly comment.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's very good you track you have tried. I have your book actually right here. You've tracked national populism throughout the globe. You wrote the first book before I even wrote my book, and it was a big inspiration for me. We have seen this narrative against of centrist parties and politicians. They're paying lip service against mass migration. Before Angelo Miracle said multiculturalis was a failure. Before showpen with the floodgates David Cameron so they would reduce the ration. Kranton said that he was not Macroan before It's our Cozy said he was the inst immigration. None of it ever happened, none of it ever did anything. And now we're seeing Mertz in Germany, we're seeing Macron and France. We're seeing Starmer in the UK sit there and say they're going to finally do something on immigration and multiculturalism. Is this is this exactly ten years ago or is it has the center of the portable dynamics change such because the rise of national pop isn't that they will do something.
Speaker 2: So my broad view of this is in twenty fifteen twenty fifteen, the rise of Populace party was essentially an invitation to the establishment to make the compromise on thee around my great then they refused to do that. Past forward ten years to where we are now, and those parties have only become stronger everywhere Netherlands, Sweden, Germany, Italy, UK would reform Trumps back in the White House. I mean, basically, if you look at the map of West and politics, national populism is really it's turn of a jery and I would suspect that that will continue so long as we are dealing with the record rates of migration and in the refusal of the liberal political class to make a compromise with the party. I mean, if you look, for example, at what's happening in Germany, it's nothing short of remarkable the alternative for Germany at number one in the opinion polls recently, and the establishment has basically done whatever it can to refuse to allow the AfD into power. It's already done a u turn on the promises to clim down on migration, and again you see this refusal to compromise with the voters who were saying, I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Live by this.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean I've gone on a political journey over the last nive years because I've been I guess, like many voters out there, absolutely pulled the refusal of people in the establishment just to do very simple things like control who comes in and out of the country, lower the overall rate of migration, clamp down on radical Islamism. You know, Germany is now having almost weekly the tax cars driving through market the neighborhood. You know, nobody wants to live this way. And the public debate, I think ryan is also shifting in that now. If you spend any time online around the European political theme, there are very many people now just calling for deportation or policies like remigrate them. You know, I was speaking to the Austrian freedom to yesterday. They canpaign openly on see of returning. Like so, the public mood here is really changing quite rapidly as well. And again that's a reflection. This is all a reflection of the very deliberate political choices that were taken by politician during the twentys and the twenty tens.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago in the UK, it would have seemed been thought of as you would have been laughed at if you would have said, Nigel have Farage was a real chance of ever being Prime minister. That seems like it's a real, a real possibility in our near future in the UK if things continue as they are right now. Is there a world truly where we wake up in five years from now? In twenty thirty, Jordan Bardella is the president of France. Farage is the premise of the UK. The EFTY is the largest party in Germany and Georgia. Maloney has the most stable government in all of Europe and Italy.
Speaker 2: Well cool, it's entirely wallsible, you just look at the opinion poll at the moment. For Nigel Farage to get there, he basically needs to maintain his current jactory. He needs to follow Donald Trump and getting a team of people around him. Trump was very collabor I think with the light of art k Tossa, gad and jo Rebo Pelsa, Gabbadiela must just to sort of project a coalftin of people. I think Nigel needs to do that and I think that will happen. You know, there are a frank right, you know, there are question marks over you know, how easy there for an insurgent outside a party to transition to an insider party of government. There are some very real challenges there that will need to behind out. But everything you just pointed to is entirely possible. Look, if you said for me that would essentially be controlling the Netherlands or the Sweden, Democrats would essentially be controlling Sweden. You know, ten years ago I would have laughed at you, would have said that it's just not going to happen. But such as the pace of demographic change in Europe, And that's what it's about. It's not really the economy, the pate of demographic change. It's the fact that you know, sixty percent of young people in schools in the Austria don't speak German. You know, it's the fact that one in four kids in Britain's primary schools don't speak English at their main language. You know, these kinds of things that are making people sit up and say, rightly or wrongly, I'm losing my country. I feel as though, actually the civilizational it's not even about it's not about the detail of policy anymore. It's this sense of, well, I'm losing the thing that I recognize. I'm losing my identity, my community, my sense of history. And I think obviously, you know, we've had multiculturalism in Europe for twenty thirty years, but already now fifteen years on from David Cameron say multiculturalism failed, Nicola Farco, Angela Merkel, they've all come out and said to play fifteen years on, no frontline politician has articulated what is the successor what is the next policy framework to multiculturalism. All they've given people is more migration with no integration. And I don't think that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: And at the same time you've had this immense demographic change, you've had very prominent people on the left saying very having very genocidal language about waits and saying that waits don't bull basically anywhere. I mean, you have the conversation right now on South Africans that they have no historical representation the Afrikaners in South Africa. It's just it's it's insane. I have one last question for you is are we ever going to see a Matt Goodwin stand up for a parliamentary seat.
Speaker 2: You might think that I couldn't possibly comment, well, I'll say, let me, let me, let me just say one thing. It is quite an important point I did say recently on X I said, you know, my, my my reaction as I've pivoted away from academia into the public debate. I think we probably have two national elections to save the UK, to genuinely turn it around. And Elon Musk actually was one of the people that popped up in the replies and he'd said, no, you have one election web to save the UK. And I think it's that sort of sense of if we really don't tackle the fundamental suit, leave the European Convention on Human Rights reformed and you Blair legislative legacy, have an immediate freeze on mass of controlled IMMI grape and our sense of identity agreement. If we don't really get a government that it's going to do a kind of Trump style, you know, shock and all kind of political campaign. It's very, very difficult to see how the country gets out of what we're living in, which is it's fine. I mean I always run into Americans in London always say the same thing, which, well, I haven't been to the UK in many years, and to be honest with you, I'm shocked by what I see.
Speaker 1: I can't lave that the UK lost their last steal manufacturer. I can't believe it. I don't know. I asked one of my British friends the other day, James Johnson. I asked him what does the UK produce? And he said, we have really good universities. And I said, oh, that's not a good sign.
Speaker 2: That's not well. Absolutely, we've not only closed our own field factory, but we're now importing and we've closed our cold factories. We're now importing coal and else and other resources. That twice surprised some other countrying that zero infanity in the industrializing much of our working class community. Then often that's happening under a labor government. I mean, that's what's so absolutely outrageous about this, the labor government of smashing the working clouds depart. I mean, that's why Nigel Barrage is the most popular politician among the working class. It's why many counterparts across the Europe are doing very well among blue collar workers. So look, you and I both know if we step back, we know that the political RELI the political realignment that you and I talked about, you know years ago, I remember that conversation while talking about the ongoing reshaping of Wettern politics. This is now really seeing that realignment going to televot. It's now fatally moving in Parsley. There are of that. There are beneficiaries of that, like Nigel Barrage, and there are losers of that, like the British story.
Speaker 1: Well, I sure the media will handle it.
Speaker 2: It will accelerate.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the media will handle this change X with the most care and responsibility and not be hyperbolic at all. Matthew, Where can people go to read your stuff? Aside your backopn dot org, which is great, I highly recommend your substack.
Speaker 2: Where else does reach your tough Yeah, that's that's the main outlet we're obviously we're on all the social media platform too, and likewise we learn a lot from your pizza. So great to touch base with you, and I wish you and all of your readers and listeners are really great, a really great time. And you know, please open up in the sylum of Brits fleeing kir Starmer's Britain. Do please. I will be the first from the key.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank Scott.
Speaker 1: Hey, we'll be right back after this and now for the Ask Me Anything segment of the show. If you want to be part of the Ask Me Anything seg when you could email me ryanat numbers Game dot com. Sorry, that's wrong, you could email me I'm not even gonna edit that. Just leave that in Ryan at numbers Game podcast dot com. Email me at ryanat numbers Game podcast dot com. I'd love to get your questions. I'd love to sit there and answer them. This one actually came a guy and Fred, who said, Hey, would you think that the Democratic Party would ever nominate a Jew, specifically Governor Shapiro from Pennsylvania. That is a great question there is especially Governor Shapiro is a very strong support of the Nation of Israel. He's a Zionist. As far as I could tell he's a Zionist. Don't if he's said that word explicitly, but he is a big supporter of Israel, and I think that he doesn't stand a chance hardly because of it. I think there's a deep, deep seated belief of anti Semitism, a deep trait of anti Semitism going on the Democratic Party right now. I think it's very real. I think it comes from the fact that Democrats have been trained that whiteness is the enemy, and they equate Jews with being white and Palasans with being brown, and they understand only the oppress or oppressy complex. That's the only thing that they truly understand. I don't have a lot of strong feelings about the personal politics of what goes on in Israel. I'm not extremely well read, and I know a little bit, but I don't know enough to sit there and speak on it publicly. That being said October seventh was a terrorist attack and however Israel wants to respond to massacre like that is essentially pretty okay with me. I mean, within limits, but essentially okay with me. And I think with most people follow October seventh in the Democratic Party, they look at you know, the retaliation October seventh as a war crime, and they think of Benjamin now Who as a war criminal. And I think that anyone who takes too fervent up stand two on him will be a problem. And also, this is the last point I want to make. I've talked about this a number of times on television and on this podcast we told Immigrations podcast. We bring in so many Muslim immigrants into this country every year, and their birth rate is high enough that we are probably within the decade, maybe a decade and a half, will have more Muslims living in this country than Jews, and their political weight will matter more. They will be in states like Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, swing states, swing states that matter, and in order to win those votes, you will need to appeal more to Palestine than to Israel. And I think that it's a calculation in the minds of many many Democrats. So I don't think that that's going to happen. I don't think this support Josh Bureau for that reason, and I think going in the long term, in the long term future, I think that progressive Jewish Democrats who have spent their entire career bashing Christians and whites and everything else.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 1: Will look back at our mass migration that they have supported endlessly and realize it is the undoing on a lot of things that on the undoing of the strongest support of Israel ever had. So but that's sad, but that's what I believe will happen. It's a little bit down earth to end the podcast, but it is what I feel and what I believe, and I just give you the truth as it is. So please be part of the Numbers Game Podcast questionnaire. Email me on Ryan at Numbers gamepodcast dot com, Ryan at Numbers gamepodcast dot com, or tweet me and I will try to answer your questions next week. Please like and subscribe on this podcast and the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts. If you're feeling generous, give me a five star review. I appreciate you all. Talk to you on Thursday.