Speaker 1: I'm recording this on my phone. It's been such a long time since we dropped anything into this feed, almost exactly two years. But we're back, sort of, and this is a test. This is Baritundae and Hi, thanks for staying subscribed. We've been all over the place me personally, my life partner and business partner Elizabeth, our democracy, the stock market. Everything's just a bit intense. And we made this show How to Citizen for moments like this, to help us move through them, to have some practice at living well together and coordinating our actions and being creative about self government in the face of such destruction. So here's the news. We've been collaborating with one of our season two get guests or was it season one or was it season three? I think it was season one. Time is weird? John Alexander. Remember British dude wrote the book Citizens, How the Solution everything is Everyone. Well, we've been doing a lot of combined efforts with John. We've brought on someone named Sheer Abramowitz to help us find new stories, stories that don't really fit the description of a whole podcast. But during the week of April fourteenth, twenty twenty five, as I'm recording this. That's today. We're launching a story a day on Instagram and on LinkedIn, and I'm going to see if I can just shove it into the feed in here. I'm running this by myself. We don't have the team together for podcasting how to Citizen, but I will take the audio from these videos and I will put them in the feed and if you hear it, then it worked. And if you don't, then I'm just I'm just talking to myself. But maybe you'll feel the vibe shift in your life. If you want more stories of people citizen ing, if you know of more of these stories, head to stories dot howtocitizen dot com. We've got a little sign up form and we want to know that you're interested and if you know more stories, we should know about. And we're going to be sharing each of these stories every day for about a week, sending it out through email and pushing it on social media, just to counter program all the noise and distraction and destruction and nonsense and remind us that we have agency, especially when we do it together. So if I'm technically not a total idiot, what you should hear after this is the audio of the launch video that I made with John as we pointly are launching this week of Citizen in story sprint. All right, take a deep breath. We're going to get through this peace.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: I'm Barton day Thurston. A few years ago, my wife and I made a podcast called how to Citizen, where citizen is a verb.
Speaker 2: My name's John Alexander. And at the same time Barretonde was making that podcast, I was writing a book called Citizens Why the key to fixing everything is all of us? So the two of us are basically hitting on the same insight at the same time, on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
Speaker 1: That democracy is something we do, not something we have or don't have, That citizen is a verb, not just to now that people all over the world and every part of society are doing it, but that most of us don't see this story because the media doesn't put those on our screens and on our feet. It's pointed in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: That's a real problem because when we can't see it, it's difficult to believe it's happening, especially when the stories we are top division despair. This affection makes us believe that there's no point doing anything. Exactly the time when we most need to be leaning, and it's dark because actually, when you start to look, you find that people are leaning in everywhere. And when you see that, you start to believe that there might be something you can do, and you start to get involved as well, and that's when things really start to change.
Speaker 1: Well, we decided, let's team up, let's tell more of these stories together. I reached out and found a bunch of these stories across the United States and get the people making those stories real tell them in their own voices. That we've collected about a week's worth of these stories, So we're dropping one a day on Instagram and on LinkedIn, and we need your.
Speaker 2: Healthy stories fly. It'll make a real case of the thunders we're talking to and they need to get behind this. So there's a real appetite to hear these kind of stories. Here's how you can help.
Speaker 1: First, hit yourself on the mailing lift. We're dropping one story a day and we're announcing them each day via email, so you don't miss it. I don't want the algorithm getting between you and a deeper practice of democracy, all right, Sign up at stories that howdositizen dot com.
Speaker 2: Second, follow Barreton day the Citizens Guy and how to Citizen on Instagram and Barreton day Thurston and John Alexander on LinkedIn. That's where we'll be posting.
Speaker 1: And there's the obvious. Do what you do with an online video you're into like it, Come share and you know the drill, and talk about other people doing similar things. Forward and on to someone who's not on social media but needs to see. The more we see these stories, the more we can embody and be these stories. They're out there, and if we can demonstrate that supply and that demand, then we can get more resources to tell more of these stories. The world we know is already here.
Speaker 2: Beyond that, we're really in your hands. If you've got a newsletter going out this week, please list it in there. That would be amazing. If you have any thoughts on what else we should do, get in touch, post something in the comments here, get in touched on other website Stories dot howtositizen dot com. Basically anything we can do to get these videos out there, prove the case that there's an appetite for this kind of storytelling. We want to do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do this spoiler alert. We already are