Speaker 1: Hey friends, I'm Devin Simone and.
Speaker 2: I'm Tory Deal and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 3: You guys, this is a very special episode of the podcast because we have not won but two guests for our interview today. But before we get into that, let's do a quick breakdown of this episode, shall we?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: All right, So first we have the challenge burst your bubble hot air Balloon rides by the Way ten out of ten, love them, be smart about where you do them.
Speaker 1: We had the winners Mikayla and Chris.
Speaker 3: That was like wild one because michaela was terrified, terrified of that, and then Chris because he's been the underdog all season and this if there was ever a daily to win, this was the one to win. I'm not looking at you, Tori Elizabeth and saying that this was the one to win, but I.
Speaker 1: Am saying this is I try. I know there weren't daily. This is the one to win.
Speaker 3: So that really puts It's also a double elimination, so like that's a really huge deal because you have these two people McKayla and Chris sort of in charge of who's going down there, which is wild. Well, then we have the voting, and of course Cassidy and Bessie are the ones that are voted in, and the hopper selects Chanel and Josh. I feel like this Cassidy and Chanell thing has been brewing so kind of good to see Bessie and Josh is heartbreaking because they're like bff besties. I mean yeah, I mean it makes for good TV, but it's always like disappointing. Interestingly, though, so Josh votes for bananas, and bananas is hot.
Speaker 1: You vote for Josh and Josh is chill? What's some event?
Speaker 2: I think that there was a lot of pain involved in like just emotional. It's not that he wasn't upset, it was just that he wasn't angry.
Speaker 1: He was hurt. It was even worse. Yeah, it was like when.
Speaker 2: Your parents like I'm disappointed in you, Right, That's what it was. And I think Josh had already felt so bad because he was really in between a rock and a hard place. When Fessie said, if you don't put in bananas, then you know, how can we be friends after this?
Speaker 1: Like FESSI kind of gave Josh and ultimately he did, yeah, And I thought that was like.
Speaker 2: Listen, I get it's a game, and you do have to pick who you're working with, but like, that's not an easy decision for Josh to make.
Speaker 3: It's not an easy but he made it harder for himself by telling Bananas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right off the bat.
Speaker 3: I would never put I'm never I put it on my life, Like why why?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is what I think happens in the challengehouse, Like you really do for a split second think that you are probably gonna align with somebody, and then somebody else getch in your ear, and then like fifteen minutes later, you're looking at it from a different angle.
Speaker 5: And I think that if Josh wouldn't have said.
Speaker 2: I swear on my family's life, then I feel like it would be easier to look at the situation and see how much time while he was in.
Speaker 1: But it was like that one.
Speaker 5: Little phrase, it just pushes the whole thing over the end.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does total housewise behavior.
Speaker 3: So so then we have this epic competition and it's the thing that we knew was coming or likely coming all season. It is a hall brawl, but this time it's a haul brawl with a twist. I'd say it's it's my type Haull brawl. It's a hall roll, so that means it's anyone's game, which makes it super interesting.
Speaker 1: So we have the hall brawl.
Speaker 3: The boys basically got rid of their pads instantly, and then you're just like fighting the girls. I mean, Chanelle basically drug Cassidy back. We have more tea on that, by the way, in this interview that you're definitely gonna want to hear. But our winners ultimately are Chanelle and Fessi, which means we see Cassidy and Josh go home. It is a lot going on. It means everyone left is going to the final.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, absolutely Wow. What do you think is gonna happen in the final?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Looking at the lineup? Ooh, you know, I've like, I've thought about this. I prayed about it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, I kind of I actually I kind of have a feeling, doctor Desi's gonna pull it out that.
Speaker 1: This is my feeling.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I have for those who don't know, yes, I work here, but I Tory has been committed, our wonderful producer of Cole has been committed. I have no spoilers, so I do not know who wins. I did not want to know. So if I'm right, amazing. But if I'm wrong, well then you'll know. So I feel like Desi's gonna pull it and actually I kind of I want Corey. I feel like I want Corey to pull it out too, I really really do. I mean, everybody, there's good toy. Obviously I love you, but you won before I will adopt Desi and Corey I think are my top two. I'm rooting for who are your gold star?
Speaker 1: In timeouts for this week?
Speaker 2: I gotta give my gold star to Chris because he has like he was the only rookie boy left in the entire game, and if he didn't win last week or this week, then he was going right into elimination both times, and so he kept himself safe. Not only did he do that, but he really stirred the house up when he put Fessian because it broke up a bunch of friendships. So I think he when the pressure really is on him, he knows how to perform, and I think that he deserves.
Speaker 1: The gold star absolutely. I like that. Who do you think well my gold star?
Speaker 3: It's a toss up between Mikayla because of the fear that we saw in her and the way that she just right it is wild. The other toss up, though, are the rookie girls, because I have to say the way they came in from the jump and organized and like stayed united in a way, I call them Destney's Child. You guys have heard me say before, Destney's Child has made it. All right, maybe we can make a reunion tour happen, but Depstey's Child has made it and I am so proud. I think as rookies and being placed against some of the most epic challenge vets of all time, it's just really impressive. So I think it's between Mikayla, who's a part of Destney Child, or Dastey Child, and I'm gonna have to give it to Desney's Child as my gold star who gets your time out for the week.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's tough because I don't know if I would go back and change how I voted, But I really want to give it to myself because Josh is really such a close friend of mine and it was just such a It's one of those things where you look at it and you wonder if you if the challenge has made you more calculated and has like almost made you lose your heart in a way because you try to play so strategically that you stop forgetting to play with emotions. Like I almost wonder if I took my emotions too much out of the game.
Speaker 1: Listen to the.
Speaker 3: Soft side of Yeah, Elizabeth Ann, that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet. Oh, I love that. I'm not even gonna give a time out. I'm just gonna let that notes sit.
Speaker 3: I do want to leave a quick shout out though, to Katie Para and Jackie Brinkley who DMed me and said that they one of them. Katie loved TJ's nineties button up in Carhart from weeks ago, and Jackie loved TJ shirt as well. I appreciate you guys recognizing TJ's wardrobe. I also want to give a big shout out to my dear friend, an avid Challenge fan and watcherer Clinton Kelly and his husband Damon.
Speaker 1: They're big Challenge fans.
Speaker 3: They listen to podcasts all the time, and so I want to give them a shout out for always listening and listening to the end, like, Hi, Glan, we won't he has to come on one day, Maybe he can do like a wardrobe breakdown of the whole episode.
Speaker 1: I feel like that'd be hilarious. You guys should do that for me. I could use the hell all right, you know that is true.
Speaker 3: I always look at your hair, though I don't always look at your fashions because your hair is just popping all the time, so it doesn't even I don't even.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to the way you're learning on that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, this is going to be such an epic episode you're not gonna want to miss it. We have Chanelle and Josh here all right, sharing their sides of the story. There are strategies in the game and some inside scoop on what really went down that we didn't see, including a crazy request that Chanelle had just before the elimination.
Speaker 1: It is wild, y'all.
Speaker 3: You are not gonna want to miss this, So grab a snack, do your thing, take us with you, and come back to this amazing interview right after this.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, Well, it's our favorite part of the episode, except this time we're double lucky.
Speaker 5: We're kind of playing on TJ's double elimination and we're.
Speaker 1: Having a double guest podcast. I mean, listen, this episode.
Speaker 2: Was wild, So who else better to have than Chanelle Howell she played on Survivor forty two absolutely crushing it this season. And also Josh Martinez, who I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Has a lot to say this episode.
Speaker 6: Welcome guys, Hi, guys, welcome all right, before getting to have to say, Josh, you seem real nervous.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing so well on this, but I'm excited to talk it out with you guys. But yeah, I'm not. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little I'm a little uneasy right now. It's just tough having to relive all that. So we'll get into all that now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it's a safe space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one that may have some side eye, only two percent judgment, but it comes from a place of love.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like.
Speaker 3: A therapy session, but we're not licensed at all. We'd be shut down if we were. And our theme here is that we don't overthink it. We just over so for both of you, Chanelle and Josh, feel free. We want to know all the tea behind the scenes because you know, Tory tails of some stuff, but she'd be leaving out stuff, so we want to know all the thoughts before we get into that though this was there were two very different outcomes for the both of you in this episode. How does it feel for each of you? Sort of looking back on that now, now, why don't we start with you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, thank you for the into Torri. This obviously was like best case scenario coming into this game as a rookie, Like there's a lot kind of writing on your shoulders, wanting to make a name for yourself, wanting to prove yourself, and then you know, just to make it to a final. It feels really massive. So I'm happy with the outcome of it. And the crazy thing is, I know that I had to go into an elimination to feel like I fully, fully like earned it, earned my spot, deserved to be there. So yeah, I mean it was a good outcome for me obviously.
Speaker 4: Josh, what about you, Yeah, I mean not the outcome that I wanted. But to be honest with you, I, oh, I don't know. It's hard. I you know, I've done six seasons. I haven't had the success that I've wanted on the show, and I think the end goal for all of us is to win it, but also to just make a final and put myself through that. So it's really hard, it's really disappointing. But I think that you know, as you see in the episode, I was willing to do whatever, and I think I lost a bit of myself this season. I was so locked in on doing whatever it took to get to a final that you know, I lost myself and lost a bit of my like moral compass, if you want to say so. In a way, I didn't feel like I earned it or I deserved that spot because I didn't stay true to who I am as a person. So I mean it played out how I played out. It's definitely a learning, growing pain, growing lesson. But yeah, it's tough, it's hard.
Speaker 2: I think that, Like I can totally agree with you, And throughout this entire season we've seen Karmack responses, and I think those Karmak responses will continue even through the final. Probably this is just the name of the game when it comes to the challenge, Like.
Speaker 5: There is this spirit that exists in the show.
Speaker 2: It's like you try to play it, but if you play too hard or you think too much about something, it may play you back.
Speaker 5: So I feel you on that, and I think it's its own beast.
Speaker 1: But in the beginning of this episode, we really got to watch both of you guys.
Speaker 2: Share your personal stories, which was super, super beautiful and I would love to hear more about that.
Speaker 1: And Shanel, let's start with you first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's so interesting. Like I truly say I manifested going on the challenge because I did not think I was going to get a call. I maybe like nine or so months before filming, I was like, you know what, I think I'm going to go on the Challenge and I literally just started training like crazy. But I knew it was a long shot because I was a pretty middling player on Survivor, Like there are other contenders in my head that would get the call before me. So like when they called me, I was like, wow, like this this is like serendipit, this almost and like, you know, I haven't shared this publicly, but I gave up a lot to go on this show, Like I you know, left my corporate job at Goldman Sachs to play the challenge and so it was just like you better fucking work like you better, like like really, Stevens.
Speaker 1: So sorry my face, I am still shocked.
Speaker 3: If you guys know the significance of that holy hell, girl, wow, oh my god, all the things.
Speaker 1: Sorry continue, we'll get back to that.
Speaker 7: And so I just felt like I felt like I just had to really do well because I gave up so much to come and play this game. And so it was a really like beautiful experience to like get the opportunity to play. And I just felt like I had just so much writing on it, so like an honor. Obviously, Yeah, what exactly was your role at Goldman.
Speaker 1: I mean you have to give us super details, but what exactly.
Speaker 7: I was working in strategy? But I mean, obviously it was the challenge. It was a very calculated decision, like I'm never gonna go into anything like full fledged, like I'll playing by the seat of my pant.
Speaker 1: I don't think y'all know.
Speaker 3: I just look, I have some clients as a mastually grab some clients get we know what our clients make, and I have clients that are it's all sorts of roles, jobs, job less teachers exact. I know what Goldman Sachs folks generally can be raking in. So I understand the significance of giving that up on a manifestation, Girl, you have more faith than a mustard seed.
Speaker 1: That is for sure. Wow.
Speaker 7: I mean I said it at the end. I said, listen, I'm always gonna bet on myself, and this is like another one of those where I bet on myself. I was like, I'm good. I just gonna put myself in the best position to win. And I trained for this call for nine months and if I get the call, I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 1: So that was really is amazing.
Speaker 2: That is so that's why you that's why you thrived at jumping on the trampoline doing the math?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're doing gold sacks? You jump on terurbolines and do strategy.
Speaker 7: I feel like that's shade because I obviously flopped on that.
Speaker 2: Oh you were the first girl done in the mid Yeah, in the math version.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not that's true.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, the math portion I'm genuinely talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you know, why did you want to come on the challenge so bad? Were you a fan of this? Like, had you watched it before? Were you a fan of the show.
Speaker 7: I started watching My actual first season of Real World was cancuon and I was like, oh my god, I love John A.
Speaker 3: And then I like just missed the really really good season. It was about one season before that, but was that your ENTI.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, And then I dabbled in road Rules and then maybe like five ish years ago, I got into the Challenge and I was hooked. But I think, like it's definitely a little bit of ego. I like lived a dream going on Survivor and not performing the way that I wanted. I feel like I like needed to prove myself. I like had something left out there, and so that was really what was driving. Honestly, very ego driven. But I was like, I need to play a game again that's gonna be in my wheelhouse right where I can rely solely on my abilities Survivor, if enough people don't like you, like you're gone, you're voted out. But the Challenge, it's like I live and die by my own hands, my own strength mind, and like I said, I'm gonna bet on myself. So I really wanted to play a game that was more so in my arena. So that was really like what the what the goal was?
Speaker 3: Having watched the show where you a fan of like before coming to that, what, Yeah, let's do a little quiz. We did this with Mikayla and people seem to really like it online. So really quick pop quiz. So since you did watch the show a little bit before coming in and you were a fan of the show, let's talk some of your favorites or your thoughts on their strategies. Let's start with tory strategy in past season, so excluding this season, as you've seen her play, give me one word to describe how you are giving one word to describe Tory's gameplay.
Speaker 2: Messy, book, messy but safe, safe and messy sounds sexual?
Speaker 3: You would you would you've talked about this, you would, okay, messy, but say, how do you think it's safe?
Speaker 1: What do you think she does it? Plays it safe, she plays with.
Speaker 7: Her friends, which is a strategy, plays protected, which I saw is a great strategy, but messy because she has entanglements, you know, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Will and Jada.
Speaker 3: What would you say about Corey's strategy politics?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: What about fetsies.
Speaker 7: Festsy I'd say, like, I mean, he just goes off his strength, so like just pretty pretty like low key, like one dimensional, very one.
Speaker 1: Dimensional perform performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And what would you say about our dear friend Josh's strategy previous seasons.
Speaker 7: Mister congeniality, but in the worst way, the worst way, because if you have too many friends, you've got too many checks you can't cash.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to describe Josh b shopping out of his budget, just regularly on the challenge, handing out dollars and credit to people, and then then it's like, oh, I don't I don't have any more money, but we will.
Speaker 1: We will get into that.
Speaker 3: Torri, what was it like watching this episode back for you? And how nervous were you when michaela ultimately won the daily that you'd be the primary target.
Speaker 2: So this day in itself was very difficult, and Josh and Chanell can speak to this. We woke up at like four o'clock in the morning. We had to be at the hot Air balloons by seven am, and the whole challenge was over by like nine because there was like a wind issue and they wanted to make sure we could do it. So we were so drained from that morning from waking up so early, to the point where after the adrenaline had already dropped from the challenge being over. I remember just us laying down. We had to wait two hours to go back to the house to even go to lunch, so we all just laid Yeah, we all just laid on the concrete and kind of just sat there and bassed in the fact that this is truly the last day, like we knew the.
Speaker 1: Final was like right there.
Speaker 5: And I remember I think I looked over at Chanel.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm pretty sure I'm going in and she was like, no, you're not, and I was like, I don't know, I'm pretty sure. But I was kind of at peace with it because it was the end and like, there's only so much you can do. But I think either it was you were DESI that had a combo with Mikayla that kind of assured me that that wasn't going to happen. And I had that secret combo with Mikayla you see a little clip to it mid episode, So I wasn't too stressed about that. What I was I was more stressed about voting, and I'm sure Josh can speak the same than I was about competing, because there's this emotional like there's this emotional weight, this emotional burden you carry when you do play with your friends, which is my strategy in the game, until you get to a point where now you have to vote one of them in like it was truly our friends group worst case scenario because Chris was safe and he would have been the very easy vote, and so now it's us against us, and it in a sense, it's a good thing to be there because it means we all made it here, but somebody's got to go. So it was it was not easy, and I'm sure just like it wasn't easy for me, you know, it wasn't easy for Josh, And this whole episode was pretty much about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Soanel, why did you and DESI have a conversation with Mikayla in Tory's favor because in previous episodes we sort of saw where there was a little you know, you guys kind of made a pact and then it got messy and then you know, it looked like there was sort of amend's made. But just knowing Tory's history in the game and knowing that she's, you know, an accomplished player, why did you guys decide to maybe encourage Mikayla to go towards Cassidy or whatever it is that you did to intervene.
Speaker 7: I mean Tori as a main vote on a double limb means that us are gonna go against her. And at this point, it's not even about fear. It's just about like just being dumb, right, Like as what nine eight seasons under her belt? I don't know who was gonna volunteer one round before a final to go against a season vet and a champ, Like, it just doesn't make sense, right, And so it's like at this point in the game, you've already like major bed which is we're gonna run against her, We're gonna run with and like, let's just run the final together. Made the best woman win.
Speaker 3: There's that Goldman thinking right there, that is exactly Josh, what was your like, what is your best case scenario going into this elimination? So actually, before you know, obviously, before we find out that it is going to be you, what were you kind of hoping would play out?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was hoping it's so crazy, this is gonna sound so crazy. But I the guilt that I was feeling all day from voting in Johnny. I was hoping it was going to be me and not Johnny, Like I like when we were down in the sand, I was like I'd rather it be mean and if I win, then I won and I could deal with that guilt. But it was killing me knowing that I, you know, backstabbed me and Johnny. We were close going in, but we became really close that season, so I could I don't know. It was just like Toy said, it was a really long day. I probably slept like two three hours. My mind wasn't right. But also just like I wasn't in the right headspace. I was, like I said in the episode, I was so desperate to make a final that I crossed friendships. I completely lost a sense of myself and I just was like kind of not checked out. But I was like, all right this, I made my bed and not lay in it kind of thing. So I was like fuck. Like even when I heard my name, I was like, okay, like you know, this is probably what was supposed to happen anyway. So yeah, I don't know if that I answered the question, but.
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, what do you think that?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, obviously this entire season we see you and Johnny bond right, like you guys stayed in the same room together, and what was it that brought you guys so close together?
Speaker 1: Like tell us about your relationship and friendship.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it's way before the show. Of all, Johnny has always been a VET since I started the game that has always looked out for me. I don't think it was ever highlighted because we weren't that close in past seasons, but he was always good to me. He's never really crossed me. He's always had my back in dealing with the fans and you know, dealing with the game inside the house. He's always been so helpful to me. So in that game, like we came in United and you and him were besides bes were like my brother and sister. They're like, you guys were my people. So I felt safe. I felt good, Like I felt like I, no matter what, I would have somebody that was in my corner. And that's what was hard in taking a shot at him, was losing that. So like in kind of crossing him, him trusting me and building this really because Johnny doesn't let a lot of people and he's super friendly. He gets along with everybody, but to be part of his core, like you know, it's a big deal for him. So for me to break that, I think that's what was really hard. But I honestly was in such a hard like it felt like I was going to cross Betsy if I It wasn't really in choosing Corey. It was like I had to choose it between Johnny and Festi, whereas in Corey would have been the easiest thing for me to do, and I think Betsey down the line would have respected it. I think it was just like, all right, I'm crossing one of my friends. Either way, I'm going to put somebody off. So it was really tough.
Speaker 1: But Jush, do you feel like you make things hard for yourself?
Speaker 4: Yes? Okay, yeah, yeah, but that's who I am as a person. I can't you know. I like, if you know me personally, you know that I love Hardleck. If I consider your friend, I will give you the last dollar in my pocket to start off my back. And that's just how I am. But I think at that point, you know, I'm playing with oh my good friends. Like we got to that point and it's like all right, fuck, it's like.
Speaker 3: You go, but you go above because even if we go back to the elimination, we saw where you voted Wes right, and it was like and you we saw the emotional turmoil there, and actually, let's go back there briefly.
Speaker 1: Which did it hit you harder?
Speaker 3: Was it the vote you had to do for Wes in terms of emotionally and regret and that sort of thing, or the vote that you ended up doing for Bananas Johnny.
Speaker 4: Johnny, if Wes played again, I wouldn't do it again, honestly, because I stand by that. I stand by the fact that Wes is I did not attack him in confessionals. I never talked bad about him. I did a game move, and I stand by that game move.
Speaker 3: And do you stand by it now because you've seen his confessional and seen him talking a little bit of smack.
Speaker 1: Did that change how you feel?
Speaker 4: No? Because for me personally, I'm always going to do what's best for my game, even if it's hard. I'm not going to say I'm not gonna get emotional. I'm not going to say I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna say that it's not gonna be hard on me. But I'm gonna do what's best. I knew at that point it was best. My options were Tyler, Johnny and Corey and West. Out of those four, the person that I was least closest with was West, but also we had played it so like Chanelle said it best in the house. I remember her saying it, you know, she was like, oh, we made the merge. We had played up to the merge like how they say Survivor. We made it to the high poay point. That's it. It's an individual game now, so it's fair game. Was it really hard yet because we had a really good friendship. But you know, he's one of the best type of play and nobody could ever take that away from him. So for me, strategically, especially with the options I had, I thought it was the best move. And you know, yeah, him talking, you know, Wes is a great dude, and I'm not going to bash him, but he has the biggest ego in the world, and you know, I think that instead of him being like Dan, this guy screwed me over and like, you know, I considered him a friend. He went the different route and dogs and so so I wouldn't make the move. I would do do the move again. I don't care how much should I get for it. It was a smart play and I made it further. So yeah, would you do the move again?
Speaker 3: Then with the bananas thing? Because you did it for your own I mean, no, you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I would never. I would never. I wouldn't much rather, I much rather go out get out of it, you know, just because and me and Johnny talked about it. We've made up since then, but I still know it's.
Speaker 1: Not Yes, it's not gonna forget He's I just.
Speaker 4: Know in the game. I know that, uh, you know it's gonna come my way at some point. And granted I deserve it, but you know, that's that's one friendship that I really, I really respect, and you know, he's a really he's really he's just a really good friend to me. So I regret that one. That's definitely. You know, with these games you live, you learn, and you can only learn from your mistakes, and I definitely that's one that I really do regret.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're hard on yourself too, though, because look Tory, as as Chanelle says, Tory plays with friends, right, like, that's kind of part of her game and strategy and ultimately for anyone in the game, when you get down to the final X, Y, and Z, yeah, you have to start making game.
Speaker 1: It's an individual game.
Speaker 3: Yet when those moves are made and we've seen pretty much everyone do it who's made it to a final. There's a sense of respect to a degree, Like I feel like there's there's sort of two ways to go about it. There's you make the moves you have to make, and you go, look, I love you, but we're here at this game and there's no you know, like this is kind of what the options are, or you sort of make it a little more complicated by right before voting for that person, go I promise I'll never vote for you in my entire life, and then you go and vote for them.
Speaker 1: Do you think it.
Speaker 3: Would be easier if you know you know that this the next time you're in the challenge, you know, when you make it this far, because I believe you're going to make it to a final, it's far, you're gonna have to then vote against someone you love or care about. That just letting them know that that that vote in that moment is not you as a person and you as a friend, instead of like promising the world, do you think that might make it a little easier?
Speaker 2: Can I speak to I just want to speak to this because as somebody who like, if you look at the way Josh Bananas and I all voted. It's like we were friends. I put my vote on Josh, Josh puts his vote on Bananas. The reaction Josh gives me for me telling him is so much differ than the reaction Bananas gets gives to Bananas. And that's what I was trying to explain to Josh, and like, this is truly how I feel. It was an unfair reaction from Bananas.
Speaker 1: Like I totally believe that.
Speaker 2: Listen, we're at the end with our friends and Josh, the way you're beating yourself up and the way that you're of course you're upset with me, and like you know, we've had conversations about it, but how you're not attacking me and you're not making me feel like a shitty piece of person, a shitty piece of person, a shitty person like.
Speaker 1: Bananas is doing that to you. And that's not fair. And I think that.
Speaker 2: I think that, like, you don't have to beat yourself up multiple times about this thing, because it is just a game. We all sign up for the exact same thing. We sign up to play, and we pray that the end people have our back, and if they don't, then so be it. Now, I think The tricky part with this whole vote is Bananas was afraid that he was going to go against Fessi in a hall brawl, which now becomes less of a fear of.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna lose more I'm gonna go home in.
Speaker 5: A stretcher, which is what exactly he was saying. So it's like genuinely afraid of being hurt.
Speaker 1: But like same thing with Josh.
Speaker 2: Like Josh, this was the last elimination right before the final, so this is big for you as well in a different way. So I think you could be you could be handling it the same way Johnny is, and you're not, And you deserve to be treated the way you're treating me, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I'd say the one difference though is unless they didn't show, like we didn't get to see it and it's behind the scenes, is the immediately I don't know how many hours you guys are having some of these conversations before the vote, right, but saying like if Tory, if you had gone up to Josh right before the vote and been like, I swear on my life, I swear on my cat, I swear on whatever I'll never vote for you and then did it. I do think that pours a little salt in the wound. But I agree, Josh, like you did what you had to do.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make you a terrible person.
Speaker 4: I think I get where Toy's coming from, and you know, there's some truth to it, and that's just I don't hold grudg So I, you know, did it sting a little bit then you voted for me? I mean, yeah, it fucking sucks. But at the end of the day, I love you, and I love you like family, and we're gonna get over it, and I know we're gonna have other times and we'll play together, and I trust that you won't do that again. But I'm with Johnny. I agree with Devin. I think that you know, he really did trust me at that point, and I crossed, you know, I crossed. I crossed him and I went back on my word. So I get where he's coming from and I understand that, And you know, I think that it's just so crazy. I I feel like I payed such a good social game or whatever to that point, and I saw, indeed, really a few hours my whole game crumble, but then lose, like I lost myself and I that was the hardest pill to swallow. I was like, oh, I couldn't even sit with myself. I was like, I completely lost myself to this game, Like I completely lost myself to the show. And that's what was I was struggling with internally. I was like, holy shit, who yeah, what am I willing to do to make a final? So now months later I'm able to look at that and be like, I will never move like that again because it it's not who I am at my core. And that was the hardest total swallow, besides crossing my friends, was losing myself in the process of trying to accomplish this a huge goal that I had been trying to attain. So I think that that was the biggest lesson for me, just to like reflect on that.
Speaker 1: Guess that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Chanelle, you as a strategist, I mean you mentioned that you prepared for you manifested being on the challenge. I get a lot of dms of people asking how to get on the challenge listen to Chanel and manifest also trying, but we don't see a lot of you in the lead up, which I actually think is sort of telling. Usually because that means like, oh, they're the silent Killers, right, Like they're gonna you're going to see more of them as like the season so earlier in the season, we don't see a ton of you. What was your strategy and did you kind of have conversations or thoughts with yourself about that going in because you said you physically trained, but how did you prepare for this element that really shapes the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great question. I don't know if I thought so much about strategy other than like get out the vets. And also it's like the thing that I had to like realize is that Survivor is so much different than The Challenge, where on Survivor, you know your your social game can kind of get you to the end, and like backstabbing is like rewarded and being like Slimy and Shady's rewarded, and the Challenge like you want to be fiercely loyal to your people, right because I'm in the game where you know you're going to need them to help you get further. And so that's where we see like in the beginning of the game, I'm like fiercely loyal. I will die on this hill for you Desi and michaela right to getting to be into the game, where like these are people who protected me because of that out the upfront kind of loyalty that I showed. And so I mean it's interesting because we don't see a lot of my social connections, but like I was really embedded, like with Survivor, but also Big Brother and the Vets, like once we got to the middle of the game, I mean a really like I made pretty like pretty important alliances with Bananas, with Wes, with Corey, like those were my core men, and we don't see wow, those relations Yeah, but like there's a reason why Bananas went to the booth and didn't vote for me, right at the end, Right, there's a reason why I put my ball on Josh and not Bananas. Also Josh and I had a vendetta.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but I had really I.
Speaker 7: Had really strong relationships with the Vets, which we we don't see, the Vet men which we don't see. And so really I just knew that it was going to come to a certain point where they could not protect me and I was just gonna have to fight for myself. And so really I was just like be loyal to my girlies as far as long as I can, you know, set up a strong line of like men that I wanted to work with, and then when it comes down to it, just by fight your way into the final Can you speak to what was the dynamic between you and Josh in the house, because we don't see a ton of interaction between the two of you. Give us a little behind the scenes. Josh was convinced and he was right that me and Kit were running for him. Mikayla and I wanted him out.
Speaker 1: So why so bad?
Speaker 7: Because Josh, very similar to like Michelle, was embedded really well with both sides, right and the rookies, and Josh like I saw right through the whole. Hey buddy, hey brother, I love you, but I'm like Josh, like, I see what you're doing right off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the thing is I knew Josh had so many people to protect and I was at the bottom of his list, right, So I was like, Josh's Josh is someone that I'm expendable to, So he's expendable to me. And so that's why for a really long time I wanted Josh out. But eventually we had to put the knife down, call it truce, and make it further because there was a certain period of times I was getting balls every single week, like over and over. So that was kind of what my like what my approach was to the social game, to the strategic game.
Speaker 4: Can I just say yeah, Can I just say real quick, Chanelle played one of the best as a rookie coming in. She and it's disappointing that it's not highlighted. She played one of the best social games that I've seen any rookie play in that house. Mikayla did too, but Mikayla was kind of cold. Like Mikayla was like either she rocked with you or she didn't, and there was no getting it. Chanelle really brought in that group and then Daisy, for I want to say the first half kept kind of to herself, like it was really hard to read her. But Chanelle was like that one that pulled them in and she played such a good social game, and like she said, she was connected with a lot of people. I right off the rip, we were in the team together, so I saw her as an ascid but quickly I realized the threat that she was because I was like, this girl's good. So she became kind of like I was like, all right, if I want to advance myself orre advance the people I'm working with, she's got to go. But as the game went on, I was like, dude, she's such a strong competitor and she really the dailies you can only see so much. Chanell really competed so good. So I'm listen, I'm proud of the turnout that you had this season, Shaney, and yeah, you played a great game that people got to put respect on.
Speaker 3: So there was a lot of chatter around Chanelle's I met Chanelle at Marie's baby shower and people had great things to say, and there was just a lot of chatter. And I think, Eve, when I talk to you Tory about like, oh I met Chanelle, there was just a lot of like respect for so I knew great things were going to come for you, Chanell, which is what I was like, we've got to get you on the podcast. You've got to get you on the podcast and how you play. But now knowing about Goldman, like obviously she's a strategist.
Speaker 1: Of course, she had really good strategy. She was making good money to buys and other people.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course she was really good at strategy.
Speaker 1: All right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 3: When you said, Chanel that you and Josh sort of put your knives down right like eventually like called a truce. Did you have a blatant conversation around that or was it just kind of an understanding like hey, all right, let's stop going after each other.
Speaker 7: No, we we had a blatant conversation around that, And so I think it was around the merge quote unquote where we started to see a shift where basically every guy in the house wanted to work with Tory, Chanell, Dosie, Michaela. Like every guy was like, you guys are my final four. Y'all are my final four. And I think joshla was like, all right, like you got to be my final court too, And so that was when the conversation happened where the four of us became a commodity in the house, whereas before but teams, it was like very like you couldn't really make you couldn't really make like strategy off of us being in teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an interesting shift in the game, and I think that it was all about surviving to get to that point. And then we all kind of was like, all right, we'll we have to work together now. And with obviously the only of Josh, it like worked because.
Speaker 4: With the exception, but everybody made it.
Speaker 1: And not that I not that I didn't want Josh to be there.
Speaker 2: I really like what I mean, I feel bad saying that because I'm like, I voted for him, so it's like, yeah, it's like, how can I say that, but I did. I was actually praying to God that his ball was not picked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough. The minute Chris one. I feel like the minute Chris.
Speaker 3: And Michayla won, I was inking at you guys sort of being like, Okay, what's gonna you know, I mean happy for them. And also yeah, because a victor, Chris is faced adversity, you know, good or bad getting there. So to make it and have that like peace of mind that he's going to the final is just wow and good on Chris. And and then Mikayla having that fear at that chat, I feel like maybe she's maybe that's the ultimate strategy and she's just psyching folks out because this is the second time you see Michaela pretend no, because remember she was like we've seen her get real scared at heights and then she like comes out on top. So like I don't I don't know how it works, but she's brilliant.
Speaker 2: She's motivated by fear. Man, there's nothing that could have taken. I thought the ladder was going to burst into flames. I'm like, this bitch is fucking.
Speaker 5: Incinerating this thing. Yes, she was amazing, amazing, like she was crushing it.
Speaker 4: I remember before the challenge, we walk up and if you see mikaela dead silent, you know she shook, So I knew she was terrified. But that's exactly like you said, Like she's so driven by fear that it's so it's so awesome to see in person. Like yeah, on the shows, but like when you see that and you see somebody so shaken and off and she's like like at the ViRGE of a panic attack and she just performs that, shits so amiable, so powerful. I was really I was so happy. Like while for my game, I wish we could have targeted Chris obviously, Like I was genuinely so happy when I heard both of them make it into the final because they had a journey, especially Chris his Papa was not easy, so they definitely deserved the spot. So I'm happy for those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of someone else who had a journey, and we we noticed, like I mean she earlier, Chanelle was pretty like chill. We don't see a ton of her up until this point in the game, but when we do see her, oftentimes she is making a facial reaction, whether it be a side eye or grimace or eye roll at Cassidy.
Speaker 1: So can you speak a little bit, Chanel? I wish we could do a montage like I do. I wish moments like this.
Speaker 3: That this podcast was visual, so we could just do a montage of those moments with Chanelle's standing their hands in pockets, head tilted to the side, which is like classic Chanelle, I feel like, and her just making a face while Cassidy's like giving a speech or comsbody out or whatever, and she just rolled her eyes right now in the video, you guys exactly. So Chanell, can you speak a little bit about your thoughts about you know, what you like about her strategy and gameplay, maybe what you didn't like, and then ultimately how you feel when you find.
Speaker 1: Out you're going into an elimination against her. Yeah, I mean from.
Speaker 7: The beginning of a game, Cassidy wasn't really protecting me. I think it was a case of Chanel's already protected, so I'm gonna just take credit for protecting her, right Like the Red Team. Yeah, the Red Team went into a like an agreement with the Blue Team that they weren't going to target us, and so Cassidy never at any point actually stuck her neck out on the line for me. And I think that there was assume survivor alliance, Like, there was no real survivor alliance. I didn't trust Chris Sebastian had his head in the clouds. Cassidy was chaosity in the game, so really, and then Michelle I was close to, and then obviously Dosi and Mikayla, and so there wasn't a real survivor alliance. And I think once we got to the individual portion, like I got to really experience Cassidy's game, and I think she played a very like lack of self aware, Like she played with the lack of self awareness. There are times in the game where I was like going like guns blazing towards the vets, and I realized I might be by myself in this fight, and I had to pivot and shift my strategy. Cassidy never shifted her strategy. She didn't play a dynamic game at all, and so it was really hard to play with her. And then I think the part that kind of made me roll my eyes at her was when she would like puff up her chest about her elimination wins and I'm like, baby, like, you didn't really go against formidable opponents, you know, like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not discrediting everybody she went against.
Speaker 7: I'm just being real, like if you kinda go on the sand, beat your chest and call someone out, like I mean, you gotta have like a real win under your belt.
Speaker 3: And so that was really but she's had several you can't take away I mean, she had several elimination win. Yeah, you can't take away multiple An elimination win is an elimination win.
Speaker 2: But also think about the emotional stress you have to go through for potentially going in every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not even.
Speaker 2: Just battling an opponents, She's literally battling the house.
Speaker 5: Everybody wants her out of the game, you know, Like.
Speaker 7: Yes, I get that, I get that. And maybe the layup comment was a little bit harsh.
Speaker 3: But I guess you're so you're so referring to her as a layup when she's no, it was harsh.
Speaker 7: It was harsh. It was hard, Yes, harsh. I will I will walk that back a little bit. It was definitely harsh. I guess what I was really just trying to say was like I just wasn't impressed, right, I Like, I wasn't impressed.
Speaker 1: But even by multiple damn, you're hard to impress.
Speaker 3: We gotta look, we got it roll because Cassidy has been getting it and and she you know, like if roles were reversed, you don't think even after one elimination win, but certainly after multiple Now, granted her strategy did seem chaosity seemed very apropos as a name, because yes, her strategy all the things, it was a little interesting, but after even one elimination win regardless, because anything can happen. I mean, we've seen great to go out right, like any anything can happen in elimination, and she's also a rookie, and so to go in and come back even once I feel like you would swagger in there and be like, you know, you you'd have a little little extra height, uh in your stance there, but then to see her do it three times, she she obliterated the Alysses. We can just just the Alysses. We'll just call it she got the Alysses out Michelle as well. I mean, we gotta put some respect on Cassidy's name.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put this point.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna put some respect on Cassidy's name. For sure. I wouldn't say she obliterated the Alysses. I think she just beat them. But I'm gonna put respect. It was a close game both times. I'm gonna put some respect on Cassidy's name there. It's gotta be. I mean, I know I was isolated in my season of Survivor. There is a huge mental toll that it takes on you and to be able to fight through that and to still win and to show up like I will absolutely give her respect. I just didn't appreciate being called out like people will. Chanelle's a strong girl. She's not a strong girl. Whatever. You know, Like, whatever your opinion is fine, but don't call out like a really strong competitor when like you have won off of like you know, maybe not as great competitors in the and they say.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have a question for you. How big of your win in this elimination? How would you categorize that win? I mean, I think a hall brawl is hard, but like, listen, if I went in a hall brawl against Tory and I want, I'd be like, all right, yeah, like I'm that great. If I went in against you know, like Alyssa Snyder or I'm sorry, actually I shouldn't call anyone out.
Speaker 6: If I don't think me smaller than me, right, I'd be like, yeah, like I would expect that outcome, right, But if I went against someone that, I'm like, man, I'm really proud that I beat them.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna feel like, you know.
Speaker 3: Ser you downplaying your win in the elimination? Is the question a little bit? Or is it fair for people to downplay your win also because it wasn't just a hall brawl, and it wasn't like a best two of three, which I think at that point, if we're gonna, if we're gonna I'm just playing the other side, if we're gonna hold you to that, when there's hall brawls that are best two out of three, that's crazy physically intense, right, because you're doing it solely off strength, and you're getting battered every time. When you're doing a hall borl that altimate at leads determined by a puzzle where y'all get relatively close in shouting out those numbers. I mean, is it fair to say then that should really rocked a hall brawl or did y'all just pass in the hallway and solve a puzzle. I'm just saying, if we're gonna hold Cassidy to a certain standard, is it only fair?
Speaker 7: Fair point? Fair point? Listen. I will say Cassidy is a competitor, she is not a layup at all. I just was not like blown away by her elimination wins. That's all I will say. Was my elimination win like a huge win? Honestly it was. It was, It was reasonable, But like I would feel much better if I went into the like arena and beat someone like a Tory or a Michael or does it. I'd be like, wow, like I'm really really proud of myself, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think those those moments come from like when you don't expect yourself to win, like you hope you do, but like you don't. And I think, like maybe walking into this, you had confidence that you could. You know, I definitely feel you because the eliminations most proud of are the ones where I thought I was going to get obliterated and somehow didn't. So I think it's like when we surprise ourselves. And Cassidy knew she was good at eliminations. You know, she was good at challenges on Survivor. She had mentioned that or competitions whatever they're called, and you know, so to see her, to see her go in like this and also to put in your ball like I mean, she didn't have many many options, you know, but I give her credit for for at least, you know, putting her ball on you and then seeing it through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh, what's your take on all of this?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on like Cassidy's elimination wins and just how.
Speaker 1: She moved in the game.
Speaker 4: No, I think listen, you win three eliminations. That is super impressive. And like Tory said, I mean, we all know the energy when you enter the elimination arena and all that stuff and being down in the sand, that in itself it's something that you know, you know, it's tough, and for her to come out on top all the time, come back into the house, be out numbered, targeted week after week. You know, I know that's really tough. So I am proud of her. I'm not gonna take that away from her. I think Chanelle and Cassidy off ripped in and rock with each other. That's just my take on it. You know, I thought the tension off the bat like they just weren't close. That's just the reality. They weren't close. I think towards the end they started, you know, getting along or whatever. But I felt like that competitive you want to say, that competitive energy where you know, Chanel would tell me things, Cassidy would tell me stuff. So I was like, all right, they really they're not in each other's corner, but they stuck together because of survivor. I think that's the only holding, like the glue that they had, right. But you know, I gotta and like Chanelle, I give Shanelle credit beating Cassidy. She's been down in the same three times. You won your way to finally, you can't knock that either. You're a badass, yeah, and you're a tough ass competitor. You know, if they highlighted or not, we lived, We we I swam with you next week, next to you in the water, never gave up. I competed side by side with you in challenges. So I know what each of these girls have. And you know, I'm not gonna knock either of them because I think that both of them are really competitors and they're two rookies that I think they're going to become staples.
Speaker 5: I think that's I think that's such a good point.
Speaker 2: Like you know, I think the energy or across the board, like, yeah, you should look at what you just did as a massive victory because it's the.
Speaker 1: Elimination right before the final. And yes it's a hall brawl.
Speaker 2: There was a physical aspect, but there was also after you get your brain can cussed by the other person, you have to then go to a puzzle.
Speaker 1: So it's like, don't you have got her brain?
Speaker 3: Because because we don't see her carry she basically carried Cassidy back to the engy, she did.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is all I'm saying is after impact, you then have to slow down your brain and think you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But yes, can we talk about how she we're getting the rules from production? There she goes she's like, can I drag her to my poll? No?
Speaker 1: You did not, Chanel.
Speaker 4: I did her down.
Speaker 8: On the sad and then drag her. They arguing like, do you really think you can drag me?
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, oh my gosh, oh we need you to on a rival season.
Speaker 1: We need arrival season.
Speaker 4: Can I drag her through this sand and just pin her down next to my board? I was like, she's nuts.
Speaker 1: Okay, so y'all really didn't get along. This is bigger personal level.
Speaker 7: On a personal level, I think Cassie is a great person from a game perspective.
Speaker 3: Now saying all that after you just tried to disqualify her three elimination wins and preemptively ask if you could drag her ass back to your side of the thing, talk about.
Speaker 1: On a personal level, she's a good person to get out of here with that.
Speaker 7: On a personal level, I think she's nice and great. But from a game perspective, we just play very different games, right. I'm very logical. I like to think a strategy. I'm very like emotionally intelligent in my relationships and in my moves, where Cassie is just I'm very emotionally driven, very all over the place, very much static in her game play, and because of that, we just didn't really mesh that well in the game.
Speaker 1: And so am I and Josh didn't mesh that well in the beginning that too.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 7: And I think also for me, right, I just hold a very high bar for myself, and so sometimes right that bar comes out being projected on other people. Out hold a very bar for everyone else. And so when someone's not at that bar, I'm like, ooh, are you really that you know, yeah, it's not fair. That's not fair, because I will say that Cassidy I got I remember the one round where I got like four balls on my name and I like walked to the side of the tent just started crying to myself. And so like, I cannot discount the emotional toll and wait that Cassidy had to carry throughout the game, because I'm sure that that would break even the strongest of us.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, can we talk strategy about this elimination so we see it's Haulborough, right, and we know that that is you know, a very physical I've always said if I walked into the arena and it was hallbro, I probably just turn around and walk away, Like that would be even probably.
Speaker 1: Even if it was pillow puzzle bral.
Speaker 3: I mean actually so, so this would be the one time I might turn around and walk away and then turn back and be like fine. But for any of the other hall brawls, like it's just I've always been like I would probably walk away. I say that, but I'm also stubborn, so who knows. But they're just scary, they're hard. But with this one, because it wasn't just determined by who got to the other end first, right, which they usually are.
Speaker 1: It's usually who gets to the other end and that's it. So you have every.
Speaker 3: Incentive to do what it sounds like Sanel really wanted to do, which is drag Cassidy all the way back to her side or you know, take the other person here. The incentive is like even if you do all that, you then still got to solve this puzzle.
Speaker 1: So I was curious about why it seems.
Speaker 3: Like both of you spent a decent like like whether there were rules that were told to you, r what, But you spent a decent amount of energy fighting one another in the hall, and ultimately you're kind of risking your physical health going into the final Like if you make it out because you know you might be bruising, battered up or whatever, which is gonna hurt you in the final, but also when you you may win the hall part. But because I think we even see it, Like didn't Cassidy went and reported in an answer first that was wrong, but like she thought she had solved the puzzle at one point. So yeah, did you guys ever think maybe we don't fight that hard in the hall and we just I or not we, but just you know your own personal strategy, Like I don't fight that hard in the hall, I just gun it to that puzzle so I can solve it and win.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think you guys know my strategy. I wanted to drave Cassie all the way to my pupleow my strategy honestly squared againess that was my strategy. I was just gonna be my puzzle and hold her down until I think.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is becoming a Watch What Happens Live episode with Andy Cohne, and every time you say the word Cassidy drink or whatever you know, and.
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like that's what's happening.
Speaker 7: No, my strategy though, but it's so funny for the I don't know why I spent so much time in the hall, but I just wanted I knew I wanted to get to my puzzle first, but I was really disappointed when I saw the puzzle at the end of the hall braw like, puzzles are not my forte. I'm not really good. I honestly was like thinking Cassidy might win this because of the puzzle itself, and so I guess I just wanted to get to my puzzle as quickly as possible, have any kind of moments that, like, any additional time that I could could have to try and solve it. But I didn't really have that much of a strategy going into it.
Speaker 4: What about you, Josh, I think best. I think Fest was like, listen, we don't really best kind of put that out there, but I'm like, dude, we're gonna be First of all, there's nowhere to run. We have two Yeah, you guys, we had to you know, there was no way but to go through each other. So I think Fest through that out there, but at that point it was like, listen, I'm just gonna do what I can to get across. But to be honest with you, I wish it would have been a regular hall braw, like even going against Bessy at least I would have been like, all right, I take my out gladly this fuck. This dude ran me over three rounds, but I gave him a good fight. Like that one just felt a little I don't know, and it being one like one round, one shot just sucked.
Speaker 1: But yeah, one round, one shot. I thought it would have been nice to see it.
Speaker 4: It came down to the puzzle.
Speaker 3: It came down what do you guys think about Betsy's strategy to not even really do the puzzle, but just to keep going back and guessing numbers.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 7: Smarter, not harder. It's it's so interesting because I remember, right right after Josh put a ball on me that probably sent me in, He's like, Chanelle, so how do you solve this? How do you solve this puzzle? What's your strategy? And I was like, listen, the strategy is if you guess the number, your number is probably just one or two off from the actual, like right answer. So I was like, when you go back, I was like, just keep guessing one above or one below, Like that's typically how the puzzle kind of breaks down, and so we saw FESSI just going one more, one more, and then he finally hit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Josh did Chane'll give you this bit of infol prior to you going into.
Speaker 4: The right before Yeah, right before we were putting on our souldier pads and she was talking like she had said, Oh, I've done this puzzle before, like kind of you know, like that was feeling herself. So I was like, oh, bet, give me the poortus because I had never done a puzzle like that. I feel good with puzzles, but I have never seen one like that, at least all of the seasons I've done. So she was right. She was right, and it worked out, profess, But I was it felt so fast too. That was the one thing if like split like you play this game for so long and in seconds, it felt like not even forty five seconds the game was over. I was like, what so it just happened. It all happened so quick. But I'm proud of fast Man and he you know, he deserved his spot. So it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Does it feel good a little bit knowing at least one of your dearest friends is in the final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, und I mean, yeah, of course, but even looking up at everybody that was left, I was bawling my eyes out. But I was so happy for every single person because we truly every single person that was left at that point in the game, be it you were done in the sand three times of Cassidy and Chris or you know, we all played such a good game socially and connected and looked out for each other. So I was really just happy to see the group that made it. They were also deserving to be there.
Speaker 1: So this has been an amazing season. You guys are all amazing.
Speaker 3: And I have to give props to the VET guys and the rookie girls because there are there's only sorry touring Wow, because look at how many rookie girls. There's only one VET girl left. There's only one VET girl left. And these rookie girls came in and executed and stayed focused and made it happen and are arguable threats to win this this season. And I made it a point not to have spoilers this season for myself because I want to just like watch as a fan, and I really anyone could take it home. It's anyone's game. And then to the rookie guy or sorry to the vet guys because there's only one rookie guy left you guys.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Granted, some of the rookie guys this season were interesting, but as a whole meaning that I felt like the women came in laser focus. I felt like the women, the rookie women, came in sort of running the house from the jump, whereas for the rookie guys, I felt like some of them just were like, you know, sort of the vibe. But like, props to the rookie girls and even the rookie guys in the beginning for having the vets on the back foot for so long, because for a while it looked like it was definitely an uphill battle for them. But it makes this final really interesting. Josh, what will you do differently? Like one thing that you'll do differently when you come back next time, And what's one thing that you feel like works really well for you this season that you're definitely gonna incorporate into your strategy again.
Speaker 4: I mean, this whole season, I didn't have the outcome that I but I'm you know, I think with every single season, you learn from your mistakes, and I think that definitely crossing one of my really good friends in the game, being Johnny. I think that that was for me personally. That was even after we filmed. I was struggling with that so bad. We all traveled and we like for a week, went and did our thing, and I was still struggling with that internally, but I kept it to myself. I think that I would never cross what am I good. I'd rather cross myself, if I'm being honest, I'd rather like put myself down in the sand. That was a learning lesson. But I think also, don't make too many promises you can't keep. And I think that I made way too many promises that I couldn't cash and I'm the first one to admit that, and that's all I can do. But also I think that I'm While I'm disappointed how my game ended, I'm proud of the game that I played because it play a really good social game, if you want to say. And you know, I I was so laser focused on getting to the end that I lost sight at the end. But I still made it to top ten and I'm proud of that.
Speaker 3: And your hair looked great, Josh, by the way, and some of those interviews you were serving.
Speaker 1: Looks like you had a.
Speaker 3: Leather jack know one point, like I was like, okay, josh Like really I'd say this is one of your best seasons when it comes to that. So like you were serving, sir, and you did play a good game. You kept your cool even early on, and at the end, everyone can't go to the final right, so like, you know, it is what it is, but it's not even like I actually personally don't even think it was necessarily a karmic thing as much for I think we see it play out in the show sometimes, but I don't feel like personally it was that. I just think it wasn't It just wasn't your day.
Speaker 1: It wasn't your moment.
Speaker 3: But you did a really good and you didn't get booted out josh So like or you know, get that hot headed to wur you got mad and then throwing things or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So that's progress. Yeah, Joshua was so proud of yourself.
Speaker 3: Janelle, what's one thing you would do differently without giving spoilers, we don't know how it ends, but just in general from where we are now, Like, what's one thing that didn't work for you or that you're like, Okay, next season, I'd probably switch this up. And then what's something that you feel like, Oh no, I feel really good about how I utilize this, and I'm going to definitely do it again when I come back.
Speaker 7: I would say, from from a game perspective, I'm not sure if there's that much that I would change. I think like I was a little bit gullible, Like there were a few times where my really close allies like Michelle would just like kind of screw me over and I'd be like, Wow, why did I not see this coming, you know, And so I would just say, like just keeping my head on a swivel more. And I think from a just like perspective of being like bringing more of myself always to the season, I think that like sometimes it's hard to break out of like my very like logical and like laser focused shell. And so I would just say, like bringing more myself to the season. I think that I did it, you know, pretty well or much better than I did at Survivor, but we don't don't see it as much come across, and so I would just say like being you know, having more fun with it. Really, like I was really into the game, and I just want to have more fun with it next time. Also, Josh our fearless leader, I just have to give you props. You put together the most chaotic team ever.
Speaker 4: That a squad. Say, listen, I before we came into this, I had no ideation I was going to be on. But I saw her training we met prior to the season, and I was like, dude, this girl's badass. So as soon as I saw her there, I was like, Oh, I want her on my squad, and she's a great competitor. But I think that you saying that, Shane. I think as the season went on towards the end, we definitely saw you come out of your show. And I don't know, I just like, I'm so listen this the ending was a shit show for me. It was probably the worst outcome, but I'm just so happy and so thankful with God that one I continue to come back with the group that we were with, Like, I truly fucking I have so much love for these people and I'm so happy to see them continue in the game. And I'm just I feel so lucky that I was part of this. Like the season two of USA, it was such a good group of people and I feel like we're going to be stuck together moving forward in the future seas so yeah, even though means to know how to Rocky start.
Speaker 1: I think I think both of you guys had incredible seasons.
Speaker 2: And Chanelle, I just want to say, like my first season, I walked away feeling like I wish I would have done more or whatever. And I was a rookie who kind of stayed quiet through the entire game, just tried to win play politically, but like was very low key. Made it to a final and like that was massive in the challenge fandom eyes, Like what felt small to me because I felt like I could have given more. It's like I actually didn't give myself enough credit. Like, and I think that you maybe be in the same boat, because it's like you deserve to look at this entire thing and be like, holy crap. I made it all the way through this insane game, went to a hall at the very end, and made it into a finale.
Speaker 3: There's a lot the damn Final kid, absolutely like no, that's epic and legendary in and of itself, and you don't have to be in like I would just ask for more of your side eye and looks in future seasons because I live for it, Like it's always funny because the caramon would just like cut up to Chanelle like they something you're going on, and it would just like quickly cut to Shanell making a face and then.
Speaker 1: It would like cut back. I live for that.
Speaker 3: It was so like fun and I feel like we would get to see a little bit of oh, that's what she's thinking, or like ooh, Chanelle's not happy about that, which is fun. But yeah, like the ones sometimes who are the loudest or make a big show maybe too much of their personality, you're the ones that get sent home early sometimes. So you know, what you've been doing has definitely worked as long as you feel like you're getting the most out of the experience.
Speaker 1: Both of you, guys, it's been so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: I do think this is one of the best Challenge seasons in Challenge history. Yeah, I think it's Yeah, I do, I do. I think it's been so good. I tell everyone. I was telling people in the airport yesterday. They're like, get away from me with this, but I'm like no, no, no, Like I was telling my doorman because he's a Challenge I was like, no, this season, Like, really, it's just it's got all the things. So many of you guys are great, and you kind of root for everyone in their own way for different reasons, Like it's just you guys. It's been a chef's kiss of a season.
Speaker 1: Is there any parting world?
Speaker 3: So I get a lot of dms of people who's dream is to be on the Challenge. What's like one sentence to anyone listening who feels like one day I want to do that.
Speaker 1: I want to manifest being on the Challenge.
Speaker 3: What's like one the one piece of advice or the one thing that you would want to give to them or want them to know.
Speaker 7: I would say, like, just always believe you're the exception. I always believe that, and like that's going to help you manifest whatever you want. I'm like, why not me?
Speaker 1: So just be delusional in your believing self. Girl.
Speaker 3: I am happily deluded. I think, yeah, I'm delusion all the time, but it.
Speaker 1: Works half the time. So like, be delusional in yourself. Josh, what about you, what's the one thing that you would want to share?
Speaker 4: I think, first of all, fucking stay true or you would love the hell out of yourself because getting in this space and belond you got to be very very confident and love yourself, be happy in your own skin, because if not, people will destroy you. One day you're a favorite, the next day you're hated. Luckily, for me, I've been hated. It gives me the freedom to not give a shit. But I think that you know, there's so much negativity that comes with it, but then it's also such a blessing and I I'm just so thankful. Now I'm going to go on a remp, but I'm just so grateful that this has turned into my life, and I take the positive and it's just like, if this is what you want to do, then go for it. I never saw myself. I've been in this game for six years and I truly never thought it would end up on reality TV. So I feel very lucky. But if it's your dream, just block everybody out until you manifest and like Shaney said, and make it a reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 3: You guys are so great for If they want any more of this inspiration from me to inspirational gurus, or they want some strategy, maybe take the strategy from Chanel, a little less from Josh, but either way, still good good strategies. Where can they find you on socials? Where can they follow you?
Speaker 7: You guys can follow me on Instagram at Chanel Hoowe, TikTok, Chanel dot Howell and shameless plug. I did just launch my career consulting business, so I bio I do do pre consultations if you guys are trying to figure out what kind of careers you want to set into.
Speaker 1: Nice I love that.
Speaker 4: Yes, my my g's Josh Underscore Martinez and then Twitter is just madness.
Speaker 2: Well, it's always a pleasure talking to both of you guys. Chanelle, congrats on the launch of your yess. I'm so proud of you, and I mean, I'm sure the like not that my pride matters, but everybody who watches you should just know how difficult that is, the moves that you've made in your career to step away from you know, Goldman Sachs, to go the challenge to then start your own career. Like that's honorable and everybody should share her stuff and go check it out, because like, what a what a genius of a woman you are. And Josh, we love you and you're you have a heart of gold, So.
Speaker 1: Take care of that.
Speaker 2: Heart because you deserve to be loved and fuck the people who don't.
Speaker 1: Like you for real.
Speaker 4: Love you, guys, this is fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the need you're well, it's to prepare you for your Real Housewives audition. I may have episode Josh that you should be a Real Housewives.
Speaker 4: I gotta change it up. Something's got.
Speaker 1: You you are, Josh.
Speaker 3: Yes, you definitely are a bit of a roller coaster, but in an entertaining way, like somebody's got to do it and be it, and we love it. Thank you both so much for coming on the podcast and opening up and sharing about your experience. And Josh, we look forward to seeing You're a challenge staple at this point, so we definitely look forward to seeing you again soon.
Speaker 1: And Chanelle excited to see.
Speaker 3: I've made Tori swear not to give me spoilers, so like I am excited to see how it all turns out.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, what an interview Tor so good. Double Dose. I kind of like these double Dose moments. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: I mean it was a lot like both of them have completely different storylines right now, and obviously one of the storylines is continuing Chanelle's going to the final. Josh gets eliminated right before the final, Like it just feels like a lot like heavy in a way, yeah, but happy.
Speaker 1: But interesting right like where I feel like you're peeling back the layers, which is so cool.
Speaker 3: We're getting to learn a little bit more, I've said at Timetime again, this is proving to be one of my favorite seasons of all time.
Speaker 7: So good.
Speaker 3: And speaking of peeling back the layers and the onions, do you eat onions? But better question, even if you don't eat onions, where can people peel back your layers and find out more about you on social guys?
Speaker 1: You guys can watch.
Speaker 2: Me eat onions on Instagram for sure, at Tory Underscore Onion and.
Speaker 1: Tory Underscore deal.
Speaker 2: And I also just released a new book It's called The Soul Spill.
Speaker 5: So if you want to support me on my personal projects, it means the world to me.
Speaker 1: Click the link in my bio. But Devin, where can they watch you and your new onion cooking show.
Speaker 3: It's called Food you Don't Want to Eat? You can watch me or find me. You can go to my website devinsimone dot com. So that's Devin with the y Simone with an im dot com.
Speaker 1: If you go to the bottom, you'll see my socials.
Speaker 3: You can if you google Devin Simone Amazon, you'll find my Amazon channel, which is a lot of fun and I talk to challenges on there, we go live, we do some shopping together, so make sure you find that and click a follow button.
Speaker 1: And then Instagram. I'm probably most active ish on Instagram.
Speaker 3: So that's Devin with the Y Simone with an I, So make sure you guys check that out.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if you liked this.
Speaker 2: Episode, please please please rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and make sure you tell a.
Speaker 3: Friend absolutely, and then catch new episodes of The Challenge USA airing on CBS, and.
Speaker 2: We'll see you right back here after for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast
Speaker 1: The Real Housewives of the Challenge, coming soon