Speaker 1: Hey, it's brooking Jeffrey and your Second Date podcast. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That we've ever had a test that someone has done on a date on this show that it's.
Speaker 2: Actually worked out. Ever, ever, ever good, and today is the absolute worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so bad, so bad, you're gonna hear it in a moment. But first, for all those that checked out the Weekends podcast, we have been hosting our full show one episode every Sunday and yesterday, it's like people are yeah, positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are positive. Question to Mark, you can all read the positive, that's for sure. Yeah, Tristan said, literally been skipping this episode for the last couple of days because it was too long, but literally the best one hour of my wik.
Speaker 2: And then because our full episodes are one hour, they are Yeah, it's a lot of us, we get it.
Speaker 3: And then someone else said, Jeffrey totally wanted this post it so we'd all know it was his birthday, and I realized we post Jeff's Yeah, do you want to hear Jeff's birthday?
Speaker 2: Just yesterday?
Speaker 1: But right now brand new Second Date. Gonna love your comments after this one. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date updated. We cover a lot of trends on this show and weird dating terms like bread crumbing, Darth vadering. That's where you battle your own son to see who gets to kiss your sister.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's big on the East coast right now. There's definitely some weird ones out there, and one we came across recently is called the Alpha Challenge.
Speaker 2: What's Up?
Speaker 4: And I think our listener might fit underneath that umbrella because she admits she likes to test men whenever they go out on a date. She says she feels like maybe she crossed the line this most recent time. So let's welcome to the show. Mallory.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Mallory, Hi guys, I'm okay. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you We've never had a dating test that hasn't failed on this show. Like every time someone is like, I'm going to test them, like it never works out backfires like it works absolutely.
Speaker 4: So you said, maybe you feel like you crossed the line. Why don't you start by telling us the name of this guy that you met?
Speaker 6: Okay, So the guy's name is John and we met online and so many men's profiles they time act like their alps like a big fish thing. I'm such a man, and it's like, if you got to do the big fish, I don't know. Look, it's really all okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, girl, say that I offended right now here. Now women hate the fish pictures? Really, Yeah, who are they for? They're only for you?
Speaker 6: These are only for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Well you don't get to split any of our fish then after we come and cook it up for us.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you know how to fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my housekeeper Lucy does, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Are these the alphas that you're talking about, just like Jeffrey exactly?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, anyway back to this guy John, what was his deal?
Speaker 6: John did have his humongous fish picture, and I was like, all right, you look kind of manly. So I'm thinking like if this is legit, if he's anything like this, like.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 6: We're probably gonna make out. Well here, okay, all right, yeah that too.
Speaker 2: She's a fan of this, yeah you were, yes, total.
Speaker 6: Fan, total fan. And so for our first date, he was like, let's do an escape room. And I've done those before. I've done those with guys on dates, and I think you see a lot about a person because there's all this problem solving and puzzle and you really get.
Speaker 4: To see, Yeah, it's a good chance for him to show off all of his alpha skills in order to escape you from the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, let me see what you got.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: We met at a bar near by first, and he walks in looking real good. He's sefy, he's tall, and I was I was all about it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's like man's man and you're you're totally digging it.
Speaker 6: Totally digging it. So I figured, okay, how do I test this guy? Like, how am I going to figure out if he's really an alpha in this escape room? So we went to the first room and he actually surprised me because it was like this kind of creepy room and he's like, oh, I recognize this place. I think my ex limbd here.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, so he's funny too, Okay, yeah exactly, So that could go either way.
Speaker 6: Are you funny or you know, can you own it? So then we go to the second room and there's this like closet thing, and so he goes in and I just closed the door behind him and I locked it.
Speaker 4: Wait, whoa, whoa? What you locked it in a closet.
Speaker 6: I locked him in the clouse, and I'm like, all right, this is the perfect test. Can this man be a man and get himself out of there?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like it's a red flag if a guy can pick a lock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I think I think I'd be like this man knows how to be a man. I think I would have I would have done it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what happened?
Speaker 6: So he's in there like fumbling around for like about ten minutes?
Speaker 1: WHOA was not? Wait?
Speaker 2: What was his mood? Was he geting angry at you?
Speaker 6: At the very beginning, he was laughing, he thought it was a joke, But as the minutes went on, he was not as playful. He was kind of pissed, and.
Speaker 3: There was imagine what the person who's watching your room is thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. A real alpha would have taken out his fish from his pocket, picked the bones and turned them into a key and unlocked the door.
Speaker 6: That's the kind of man I want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: Do you feel bad at all?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 6: I feel like this was a really solid test, and I feel like I gave the guy a really you know, like an opportunity to prove himself. So I think I was doing a good thing. And then the guy that ran the escape room he like walked in. He's like, is everything okay in here? He's like, you want me to unlock it?
Speaker 5: And I'm like no, no, no, no, this was the whole test.
Speaker 3: I can't let him out, and we're wondering why he's not calling you back?
Speaker 4: How does the escape aprom experience and did he figure it out?
Speaker 6: So we give him a few more minutes and then I let the guy let him out and he was super salty. Yeah, you know what, It's fine because at that point I already know like we're not a match. This guy couldn't get out by his felt so he's not for me anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is confusing then.
Speaker 6: Well so wait, so then we leave and I'm like, okay, can you just take me home? And he goes, no, why don't you go uber yourself home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, And I was like, that's my kind of man. So that once, once he wanted me to take my own Uber and driving home, I was like, that's the alpha man I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: He stood up for himself. He finally took a stand against.
Speaker 1: This is so strange to me because it's like you push him to a brink and then he finally pushes back.
Speaker 2: And that's the type of relationship you're looking for.
Speaker 4: On the first date, he was able to muster that energy.
Speaker 6: You know, why, why waste the time? Let's see exactly how we click and like, now I know he's the kind of guy I want.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is going to be an interesting like.
Speaker 1: I mean, we obviously know why he's not calling you back, right, I mean we.
Speaker 4: Think we know why, but we won't know until we call this alpha directly and ask him what's going on between you and Mallory.
Speaker 1: Oh man, is it going to be like Alpha VI Alpha Jeff with you and him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be really hard?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we just let this alpha shine first.
Speaker 2: Alpha.
Speaker 4: You'll be able to tell when the two alphas square off because the dominant album you.
Speaker 2: Actually hearing their voice who has more chest terror.
Speaker 4: Be careful, Mallory, you might get a little bit too turned on when we come back later. Ultra Alpha Second date update coming up right after this second date update. If you're just joining us for the second date update. Mallory knows what she wants. She wants to date a real man who can pass her alpha test and prove he deserves to go out with her. And her test for John recently was to lock him in the closet of an escape room and told him a true alpha could figure out a way to get out of this all on his own.
Speaker 1: I think you should have just dropped him in the middle of the woods, fifty miles away and just seeing if he found his way back to you.
Speaker 4: I'll be back in a week. That's a good option for day two coming up. Because the thing is John did not figure out a way out of that closet. He mostly begged and complained the entire.
Speaker 2: Time, did not find the challenge fun.
Speaker 4: But his shining moment came after the escape room when she said, Hey, John, why don't you give me a ride home? And he said, no, you get newber Yeah alpha move, I mean not exactly like that. Yeah, well something along those lines. It was enough to convince her, Oh, he really is able to stand up for himself, and now she wants us to call him.
Speaker 2: That's what she liked.
Speaker 4: It actually like turned her on.
Speaker 2: I think all of this is going to be shocking to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would personally feel like if I got locked in the closet, it would be because they didn't like Mallory.
Speaker 4: Do you think that John is going to be totally shocked when we're reaching out to him right here?
Speaker 6: I mean, I get it. I mean, he's definitely not happy with me right now after everything that happened. But what I didn't get to tell him is that he did pass the alpha test. Is not in the way that I initially intended.
Speaker 2: No, did he know that an alpha test was happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he may have had no clue that he was being tested at any point. He just thought you were being you crazy.
Speaker 2: This would be good news.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look at this point, I've only seen him do that one thing, and that one thing was great, But like, there's a lot more to show, so he's truly alpha material.
Speaker 4: There's more tests, Okay, yeah, yes, yeah, And this call is going to be a total curveball to him too, So let's see how he handles it in an alpha manner.
Speaker 5: Hopefully, yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Up on us. She is just going to be so excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be excited too. If that happens. Already, here we go. I'm gonna John's number. Let's see if he answers. Hello, Hey, is this is this John? Yes?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: This isn't what I was expecting. Hey, Man, you're yeah, Man's just excuse me, I'm talking. This is a show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You're on it right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, why that's a great question, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The reason is because we do this segment it's called a second Date Update, where we try to help listeners get in touch with people again after they've gone out on one date and are getting a follow up for a second mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 4: Okay, So recently you may or may not remember this, but you went out with a woman named Mallory.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah I did.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear how this date went for you.
Speaker 4: Because we are bold why you aren't calling her back? And that was their first hangout?
Speaker 2: A lot of schasm in Jeff's voice.
Speaker 4: So hold on you.
Speaker 5: You don't know anything that happened.
Speaker 4: We know a few things, you know. I don't want to give everything away, but I understand it's probably not your typical first date. That you've gone on, you know.
Speaker 5: Getting locked in a closet not at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's kind of the whole thing, right, Yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Was not pleasant at all. I experienced the roller coaster of emotions during the lock in.
Speaker 2: At what point did you realize she wasn't joking?
Speaker 5: Probably after the third time she banged on the door and said, hey, dummy, are you you figured it out yet?
Speaker 4: Who these words?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: That's about what she said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, would you say that this whole locking in the closet thing, that was the main reason that you're not calling her back?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I mean we argued about it. I just I honestly, I just wanted to get the heck out of there.
Speaker 4: I think we all can understand why you would feel that way. But I will say, on the other side of it, sometimes when two people spark like that, that could be a sign of a good thing.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know if sparks the word yeah, right, passion.
Speaker 1: Okay, at any point did you want to kiss her?
Speaker 2: That's I think what Jeff is getting at.
Speaker 5: I mean I might have thought about it in the beginning, Yeah, but after I heard that the third or fourth. Did you figure it out yet? I was done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think anyone blames you for that.
Speaker 4: Look, not every woman is going to challenge you like this on a first date. Some women just sip wine. They want to be showered and compliment. And this woman is pushing you to be the greatest man you can be.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you're hearing him, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think he is there.
Speaker 4: There is a tiger inside of you waiting to be unleashed, and I'd like to open the cage right now as we tell you that Mallory is on the other line wanting to talk to you. No, yeah, no, she is, oh.
Speaker 2: My no, locked on the other phone line.
Speaker 5: Right well, I mean she deserves to be locked somewhere.
Speaker 4: Mallory.
Speaker 5: You're out, Hi, John, Hi?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I just I want you to know I really appreciate that you took the call and that you're here to talk.
Speaker 5: This is almost like getting locked in the closet. I was forced to they called me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well listen, John. That whole thing was to kind of just see, you know, if we click and see what you're made of and see if you have that kind of help energy that I'm really looking for a man. And when you told me to go get an uber, when you wouldn't drive me home, that was the biggest turn on the way your voice that was so serious, you like and at that moment, seriously, John, I would have done anything for.
Speaker 5: You to get in an uber and me walking away turned you on. You are very sick lady. Oh did you.
Speaker 6: Call me very sick? John? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did, and he said it with that deep, husky voice of his.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's exactly what a non alpha would say. That's all sigma right there. You're follower. You don't even own this. Okay, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Don't like to be bad mouthed. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: You're gonna bad mouth me? You can do a little bit more than sick. That was sick. That's that's no sigma. You can't even come up with.
Speaker 4: More than natural challenge issue, John, go harder? Okay.
Speaker 5: So so if it's sick, isn't the right word then demented? Twisted? Maybe? I don't know, but this is you know what, you know what? And if you don't like me, you don't have to Okay.
Speaker 6: No, I don't and you know what, John, I should have trusted my instincts when you couldn't get out of that closet, because you know what else you don't know? I hooked up with the escape room guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean when?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: When is exactly the right question.
Speaker 6: When John left me there to get my own uber, that guy came out, and that guy took advantage of the situation. And he is the kind of alpha I was looking for.
Speaker 4: Oh after, he saw you.
Speaker 3: Like a guy in a closet and liked it.
Speaker 6: Apparently, So there are men that are alphas actually out there, and that's the truth.
Speaker 1: Like y the twenty something working part time is the escape room is the alpha that you're looking for?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the alpha she's looking That's the alpha she deserves.
Speaker 4: Did you just did you just do this whole thing to use us so you could tell him that?
Speaker 6: No? I mean I would give that one more shot to truly be an alpha, but you just don't have it in you.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: I don't think that he's upset by that. Mallory.
Speaker 6: Of course he's not, because he's not an alpha. So he troubles it in and he doesn't stick up for anything not strong buddy.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well, you know, like I said, this is me and you don't do it.
Speaker 2: Again. You know.
Speaker 5: You know what, lady, I really don't appreciate you labeling me because I am who I am?
Speaker 6: Yeah, John, are you are you telling me what to think right now? Because that actually that that's kind of doing it for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me what.
Speaker 2: The thing is and I will off the right. Ye, get me off the right.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm staying on.
Speaker 5: Just can John get off the right as well?
Speaker 4: We can't get off until I ask you, John, would you like to go out on one more date with Mallory? And we would pay for absolutely not. It's a true alpha move to turn down three gifts.
Speaker 6: Like that final test said and done. Yep, So not on alpha total that's coming or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm stop asking questions, but just.
Speaker 6: Set him up. We just gave him the freaking ball to go run with it and he just dropped it once again.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be on this.
Speaker 4: I guess now that only leaves one alpha in the room as there always was.
Speaker 2: Jeff, how are you talking about me?
Speaker 4: I was like risk action on the ground really didn't have Jeffrey in the morning. Some people just aren't a good match. Even when you try over and over and over to force it, it just doesn't work out.
Speaker 2: That is a big lesson for you, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a big one.
Speaker 4: You don't got to learn it at some point. Not yet.
Speaker 2: Is there a man that isn't frightened of her though?
Speaker 1: Well? Escape room guy, Yeah, it worked out for him because he knew where the key was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Walker in the closet too. Yeah. But a lot of people are texting in at seven eighty five nine, who's saying she didn't really want to go out with him at all. She only did this to get revenge and brag about making out with a scape room guy. Which is that even a brag?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it makes her look.
Speaker 5: Kind of bad.
Speaker 4: I've made out with plenty of Escape Room employees, and usually they aren't lookers.
Speaker 2: Oh that was kind of an insult.
Speaker 4: Now there's a reason they choose to work in dimly lit basements.
Speaker 1: The front desk is very lip usually not in an actual basement.
Speaker 2: Jeff, who's basement? Where are you going?
Speaker 4: He's a room? Wait, I meet him on Craigslist and they say I have an escape room, because that's not how it works. Go to people's houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to figure it out. Keep doing that.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it right. And if you enjoy basement stuff, you could check out The Basement of Entertainment, which is our podcast. You could find it all the way down at the bottom at Brook and Jeffrey